Speaker 1: Ah, Yes, it is the Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. Thank you for hanging out with us today. Now, this particular segment right here is brought to you by roller Town Beer Works. Yes, indeed that is the brewery up there in Salina, Texas at Me and Ben are partners in, and there's all kinds of reasons for you to go up to see us in Rollertown. First of all, tonight Bingo Night. We do it every Thursday, music bingo and it is a lot of fun. Me and Ben hosted one of those over the holidays. It was total blast. And then you know, we have happy hours that go on every day from three to six. Now on Saturdays we got Mimosas and Mitchellatta's and Bloody Mary's from eleven to two with really good deals on all that. And then it's Comedy Night on Saturday night. That's always a lot of fun. And if you want to wash away your final Cowboys loss of the year, why don't you go do it at Rollertown at noon on Sunday, We're gonna have the final Boys game of the year, and we do a Cowboys happy hour with dollar off drafts and two dollars off wines and cocktails during that game. Yeah, I just want to say thanks to all the places out there that are carrying us on tap and on your shelves. I want to say thanks to our friends at Marty Be'es.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, great place, good friend, always had our backs. Tight Ends. Tight Ends is cool up there in Frisco. Fortunate Sun which is beloved, KD Trail Ice House, which is magically awesome, hero by the AAC all HGBS in the Metroplex, Kroger Marketplace in McKinney off three eighty and North Lake Forest Kroger Marketplace and prosper Kroger Marketplace on the Louisville Colony border line.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if any of those are near, you go hit them up and ask for roller Town. All right, now it's time for this, reach.
Speaker 3: Down and grab a couple of plump tomatoes. It's time for sports ketchup, cutup, sports, sports catchup, catchup puns.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 4: College football player off happening.
Speaker 1: They went from twelve the first round games all sucked, but that's fine. It was good that we had it. And now we go to eight and yesterday. So Friday night was first Penn State beat Boise State. Boys State rocked a fat kicker. You can't rock a fat kicker.
Speaker 4: Why not? He just can't.
Speaker 1: He killed him and he just you have one job, kicker, and it's not to just get over there.
Speaker 4: And I'm not fat shaming. I'm just saying your kickers need to be in shape. Guy, I don't know that they do.
Speaker 2: I mean it's a position where there's a lot of snack time between.
Speaker 4: He had the worst kick I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: Dude. It nearly hit the pylon in the left corner of the end zone. I mean there's bad skinny kickers too. Oh.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, it just didn't stand out as much. Yep.
Speaker 1: So Penn State advances Texas. Arizona State was a thriller. It was the thriller in Manila. What that wasn't wasn't that at all? I suck, No, you're good. Twenty four Texas is up. Now, Arizona State's rocking what we call a fat white running back.
Speaker 4: You don't see that very often. Cam's skataboo.
Speaker 1: Now I know Cam skataboo very well because Arizona State's in the Big twelve and Texas Tech beat Arizona State. Just to tell you how not great they are? We all that get all that to get Texas Tech news in here. No, it's my reference point for Arizona State is they lost to Texas Tech. So why are they going down to the wire with Texas?
Speaker 4: Your guys, your other guys. Texas gets up twenty four to eight.
Speaker 1: Doesn't look like Scataboo and the Sun Devils have a lot of fight the reporters.
Speaker 4: He's vomiting profusely on the sideline. That was weird.
Speaker 1: And then they start ripping it. Score twenty four to sixteen. And then they score again, twenty four to twenty four. Well, hold on, you got to say how that score happened? Uh?
Speaker 4: The second one on fourth and two?
Speaker 1: Or Scataboo through just a ball straight up here and the receiver in underneath the Yeah, touchdown, And then they go and they motion back over to Skataboo's dad. He get a lot of TV looks just like him.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And by the way, Scataboo cowboys need a running back. What round would you guys take scattergo at seven? Yeah exactly.
Speaker 2: I mean he's slow, he's short, he's chunky. I mean, why not bring Zeke back? He didn't have any top end speed. He's not really shifty, but he has got grit. He had true grit.
Speaker 1: He's he's kind of fun. So twenty four to twenty four were in regulation. Texas has a chance bert Auburn. Their kicker misses, so Arizona State has the ball with like a minute and they start pushing it a little bit.
Speaker 4: Man, they had a minute forty. Actually they start pushing a little bit.
Speaker 1: There's a huge targeting call that gets reviewed and they determined that it wasn't. Now, your sports conspiracy theorist will tell you that ESPN is in bed with the SEC and that's why that gut overturned. I don't like targeting getting called inside of two minutes in a game, so I didn't really have a problem with it. I think it's basically we live in a world where if something doesn't go your way, you start talking about conspiracy theories and networks getting involved. I don't think that ESPN jumped into the replay booth and said Texas really needs to win many they but what about the message, the simple message of dude, we can't call it targeting.
Speaker 2: I think it had more to do with I think it had more to do with that, especially since there was a targeting that could have been called on that interception.
Speaker 1: Now it happened after the interception, sure, but they hit the dude in the head.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh So Texas gets the ball back and they've got it all perfectly set up for Bert to get redemption. And it's like, what thirty seven yarder? Some of that thirty eight thirty eight yarder and Bert missus a little wide? Right?
Speaker 4: Don't you guys think that happened?
Speaker 2: Because Sarkisian spent so much time talking to him, I was.
Speaker 4: Like, get away from it. What was going on there? I didn't understand that. I didn't either.
Speaker 1: I had a lot of sark questions too, just in general. I don't trust him. But what why, it's got a big history of alcohol.
Speaker 4: Let him. Let him recover man. But know there's a couple of plays like, okay, we don't need Quinn.
Speaker 1: You were throwing the deep ball here and letting Arizona State back in the game. That went a Cooper rush ball into double cover. So I didn't like that, But whatever, I would have had arch man and get some snaps, get some packages in arch maning is my trade lance.
Speaker 4: You know, that's what I would have been doing so, Burt misses.
Speaker 1: There's also the clip too of the Arizona State girls walking in front of him while he's warming up by the net. Did y'all see that he's over there on the sidelines in the two Arizona State girls walk right in front of him as he's about to hit a practice and he stops and looks at him. But they weren't smoking hot, so I don't think you can credit that.
Speaker 4: The Fixes band girls. You know, she's a rock girl. I played for torn for a while. Those we can be hot. I'm not going to comment on you in high school, okay.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 4: Not in front of you at least. What about now though? Sure, Oh you're saying she's on. You can't do that. You can't do that college football?
Speaker 1: You're five?
Speaker 4: Well, Kat said your French hornhut so uh.
Speaker 1: Arizona State scores thirty one twenty four. Texas is up against the wires fourth and thirteen because false start penalty two happened.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what are we doing?
Speaker 1: Fourth and thirteen in Arizona States that we're bringing the house and they blitz and quin you or sacks up delivers it to golden in the back. Of the end zone thirty one thirty one.
Speaker 2: And she caught at the back of the end zone and then stocked that room back there with all that coffee and office supplies. It didn't make any sense too that they were just letting him run down. Feel like before the snap, I'm like, wait, why is everyone in the box right now? Even if you're not blitzing every there's nobody deep.
Speaker 1: I don't show it too, Like, if you're gonna do it, don't show. I thought everyone was gonna drop back.
Speaker 2: I told you all this is why Arizona State lost to Texas Tech earlier this year. It might be as a man, if it's the plans Texas they just play with their food. Man, there's there's so many times you're watching them you're like, I feel like they could dominate this game, but they always let other teams hang around.
Speaker 1: They better not do that against Ohio State, who smoked Oregon.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was not even a game.
Speaker 1: And Chip Kelly's redemption as he calls plays for Ohio State, he I mean Oregon was good all year long, and I kind of thought Oregon was gonna get them Ohio State and Texas and then I guess you're right now. I guess Notre Dame's beating Georgia by ten, So how much time is left? Fourteen thirty left? Oh my god, it's fourth and two and Notre Dame's got the ball. The dude, let's do play by play. I don't think you're allowed to. Yep, So you have Notre Dame in Penn State, maybe Texas, Ohio state. I mean, arguably, we're gonna get the four best teams. It's very unclear in Nil anymore who the top four teams are. So I'm glad they're doing a big playoff. It's been a lot of fun.
Speaker 4: Got a conversion.
Speaker 1: The MAVs have lost a lot of games. Lucas hurt and this is not good.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I've been able to see much MAVs action here in the last week or so.
Speaker 4: We we haven't missed much. I saw there's another injury, right, yes? Oh no, is it bad? I don't know. I have not seen a report today. Do we have a PJ. Washington junior update on the knee spring check it out here.
Speaker 1: He hurt his knee with twenty seven seconds to go in the first half of the game last night, and then.
Speaker 4: You know, did not play in the second half. I don't have an updated thing.
Speaker 2: I can't believe Cleveland has only lost four games all year. Two comes in on Friday and they are just destroying teams. So is Lively back even?
Speaker 1: Yeah? He played well last minutes restriction though last night, right, yeah, but he also had early foul trouble. Nausey Marshall comes back after the Cleveland one more game?
Speaker 4: Okayack Friday? Wait, is that from being sick suspension?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: That's right, fine, Which, by the way, he doesn't need eight days to sit and think about the punch two games.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 4: I know he choked Jimmy Butler like.
Speaker 2: And no updates on Luca. We're not here either, going to reevaluate a month after the injury. Yeah, okay, so don't expect Luke anytime soon. Well, we'll have more on that some other time. I'll never forget the time that Kevin went to the Texas Tech Arizona State game. It was right before halftime and he grabbed the microphone. He addressed that crowd and he said.
Speaker 1: I would like some good local New Year's E'VE coverage like we used to have in the past. We used to own the New Year in this town. Yep, that was That was a great time. Christina Ray is next playing music right here on the Eagle.
Speaker 3: There you going, well, I'm gonna get my sock back, dude
Speaker 4: God bless Jesus.