Speaker 1: All right, it is time for your MAVs Minute, brought to you by Sunset at McKenny Amphitheater. What a cool, cool play so on a piece of Dallas's most luxurious Amphitheater opening in McKenny in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: We know you've seen those eight Men commercials and they always.
Speaker 1: Love to bring you this MAVs minute and been tonight the thunder are in town and Kai is I mean, he's listed as questionable, but I would be shocked if he didn't play. So you have the likely MVP shay Gilgess Alexander coming off of forty point eight assist game in the building tonight, going up against Ki. All Right, I'm excited that Kai can play, but you know, he was shaking the rust off at his last game back.
Speaker 2: Maybe he's gotten rid of that RUSS.
Speaker 3: But even so, unfortunately this is a tough matchup for him because Jalen Williams defends him exceedingly well. He's just one of those guys who's seems to be able to match his quickness, but he's a little longer and I don't know, man is he just gives Kai fits. But Kai is one of the great players on the planet. Now, maybe the best player in the planet is Shay He is so much fun. He's like, I love watching him play. I hate it when I'm watching him get buckets against the MAVs. But he's essentially unstoppable. He can do anything. He seems to get to the line quite a bit. But he said last night, I don't have to get free throws. I can score without free throw. So he's obviously heard some of that chatter. He can hit the mid range, You'll pull up from three right in your eyeball. He's just you know, watching him right now. He's one of the most fascinating players to watch on a basketball court. So, yeah, it's gonna be a fun game to watch for sure. Hopefully the MAVs can be more competitive than they were their last time out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they need to be competitive.
Speaker 1: They have beat Oklahoma City once this year already without Luka Doncic.
Speaker 2: Can they do it again?
Speaker 1: You can hear it right here on ninety seven point one The Eagle MAVs Minute. Brought to you by Sunset at McKinney. Go to Sunset Texas dot com for all the information on how you can own one of these firepit suites. Join the Apeman Club. It's opening in twenty twenty six. Secure it now. It is more than just having a piece of cool amphitheater. It is a smart investment as well. But right now it's time for this, and.
Speaker 4: Now it's time for Basis Wee Day Day featuring veteran news anchor kt F on tweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much, Francis. The Supreme Court ruled against TikTok this morning and the app will be banned in the USA starting on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Okay, that surprised me.
Speaker 3: I was thinking it was going to get a last second reprieve or maybe mister Beast, who we determined had one of the more punishable faces in the world by it. This is the thing that surprised me. Yesterday you were saying, man, people are flocking over to red Note Red Note. Yeah, but that's also owned by Chinese companies, So I don't understand why would that be the lifeboat people would get in.
Speaker 1: It's extra communists because of the red part of a red note.
Speaker 2: Why would I don't understand why that would be the solution.
Speaker 5: So I learned something I don't either, and I learned something today that did. It did make me think that TikTok shouldn't be banned. But I don't have a hard stance on this because I'm not the most informed. But there is a company in Texas. Oh, it's called Oracle. You guys have part of Oracle? Yeah, right, Well, TikTok has been routing all the US user data through Texas based company Oracle since twenty twenty two, and the reason is to prevent byte dance. The company that owns TikTok from getting it. Oracle has spent one point five billion dollars on this. So TikTok has been routing Americans user data through Austin based Oracle since twenty twenty two. So we're shutting it down. Like this feels anti Texas to me.
Speaker 1: Well, there's a lot of there's been a lot of stuff written about this, and it's like, you realize all of these social media companies are all doing the same thing, and so to pick and choose just TikTok to shut down feels very much like a couple of super wealthy guys got together and said, hey man, they're cutting into our market share. Make it stop, Like, this is not about a breach of your data. Your dad is being breached right now. If you have a cell phone, your dad is being breached constantly.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: This is about money and who has a share of it. And this is very much about This is why Zuckerberg made that dumb looking.
Speaker 2: Video two weeks ago.
Speaker 1: He had to do that to Like, Zuckerberg's doing a dance right now. He's ecstatic that this thing is going away. Bezos, all those dudes, they're ecstatic that TikTok is going away. TikTok is taking the blame for doing all the same stuff they do. They've just managed a way to make TikTok the face of the enemy. See the enemy's doing what we're doing. Get mad at them and they could go away.
Speaker 2: What sucks for a lot of people.
Speaker 5: We have a personal Java John, for instance, three hundred and twenty five thousand followers on TikTok oh, and he's like, this is devastating.
Speaker 1: Are there any three hundred and twenty five thousand followers on red note? How many people are on Red launch now?
Speaker 2: Are there?
Speaker 5: But not near as many as the one hundred and seventy million Americans who are are on TikTok.
Speaker 3: You know that's going to go away too, wouldn't it for the same reason. It ends on who owns it and what about Blue Sky? As has Blue Sky really I've heard more and more people talking about it late.
Speaker 2: Is that taken off? I think Electric Light Orchestra owns that.
Speaker 5: I think Blue Sky had its moment, and then I think people are still like there and maybe using both. But I think in general people don't want to start over. There's the thought that Red Note could get banned as well, but it's not going to happen as fast. The other thing is Donald Trump has said that he is going to, you know, get more information inauguration on Monday if they've decided to move, so we won't get the Bernie Freezing meme this year unfortunately, man. But you know, he said he's gonna like look into it, and they could reverse the banning of this.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And also someone else could come in and buy it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I think what they're trying to do is just lower the price so Zuckerberger Bezos can buy it. I really wouldn't be surprised if everything is banned except truth social Yeah like that that seems like the most logical course of what'll probably happen.
Speaker 5: Obviously, Cuban doesn't get along with Trump very well. Did y'all see his, uh, his post on Blue Sky this morning.
Speaker 1: I still don't even know what blue sky. Blue Sky's the other Twitter I know, but I'm just saying I don't. I've never seen a layout of it. I haven't seen a single post. I don't know anything that it looks like. I just don't know anything about it.
Speaker 3: And that's the hard thing though, that that is I understand, you know, like what people like Java John are feeling. Yeah, I think I have like eighty four thousand or something on Twitter, got like two hundred on Blue Sky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know. I mean, it's just tough to start over.
Speaker 3: But but the algorithms are getting so tough. It's crickets most of the time anyways, unless it's something toxic.
Speaker 2: Most guy's just like Twitter. To me, it's really not any different.
Speaker 5: Cuban post adds uh basically says his one wish for the inauguration is that there's a gift bag, and in that gift bag is an embroidered pillow for Zuckerberg, Elon and Bezos so they can bend the knee when they kissed the ring because you know, Q then want TikTok to go away? Right, And it is pretty clear, I mean people, it's been written about this, but Zuckerberg has basically been funding lobby lobbyist groups to undermined TikTok.
Speaker 2: Dude been happening. For that video he put out two weeks ago, looked like a hostage By.
Speaker 5: The way, could the casting have been any more perfect if Jesse Eisenberg as Zuckerberg?
Speaker 2: They nailed it, they says, look the same.
Speaker 3: Now, it would have been a hostage video if it was from a hair salon and the guy just got a perm.
Speaker 2: Ridiculous.
Speaker 3: He's forcing a perm on everyone. I forget who I saw that said he looked like a chech knee and drug dealers pretty good?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: Sixty percent of adults under thirty say they use TikTok. I'm telling you, full on depression in my household. I know, really why why is?
Speaker 3: It's not that much different from reels on Instagram?
Speaker 5: So why why the I mean, you just you get to know something, You get to know something, you've been with it for five years. It's tough to say goodbye. Well sorry, Hey, wows business. A lot of people are going out of business.
Speaker 2: Okay, the business part does really suck.
Speaker 5: I'm talking about the people who just sit there and scroll for no reason, Like, come on, man, get off your phone.
Speaker 2: What is that golf course as a big bunker?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 5: The American Express Open. Then they play on three courses and that's the stadium course.
Speaker 2: Is that real?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yes, this is an unbelievable course. It's very tough. It's playing four strokes harder than the Latita course.
Speaker 2: There's just a big green monster there. Yeah, seventeen feet wonderful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've got to use a eighty four degree Yeah, all right, back to you, Kevin. Uh wait, hold on, Christina, tell us about that coat you're wearing right now. That's the biggest coat I've ever seen anyone wear indoors while working.
Speaker 2: It's like my rockstar coat because I have to go straight to my show after this.
Speaker 1: You get this guy's made in China. You're wearing a full parka.
Speaker 2: This is not made in China.
Speaker 3: Well, it's the biggest coat I've never seen anyone to wear indoors well, work while working.
Speaker 1: It's not like I know what, It's not like It's not like you're outside working on windows.
Speaker 2: You're in.
Speaker 1: You're inside of booth that's inside another room. It's still cold, I know, but I'm just saying, that's the heaviest coat I've ever seen anyone wear indoors while working.
Speaker 3: Hey, look, keep her in a good mood. She's got to show to enough. Yea, he's gotta do music from seven six to seven, get in there.
Speaker 2: Light snowfall possible early next week.
Speaker 5: Arctic air pressing down Saturday are going to be in the thirties and forties with twenty five mile per hour wind, so basically it's gonna like twenty degrees. The high on Sunday will be in the low thirties. Temperatures between seven and seventeen degrees Sunday morning, temperatures between four and fifteen degrees on Monday morning four. Yeah, it does look we are going for the most part right now. It could change. It does look like we're gonna avoid snow stuff. It could be some flurries and things like that.
Speaker 2: But that could change.
Speaker 5: And if that does change, get ready for Arctic Blast two Electric Boogaloo.
Speaker 2: What is the exact time you want this segment? Ind I'm just curious. I told you right before. But yeah, another minute. Yeah, So fifty three thirty is when you want you guys can wear your jackets next week? In Busters? How you three to six jacket on whether next week? The worst question you've ever asked? So are you guys gonna wear your jackets next week? He's trying to read diirect from my question. He's trying. He's trying to run a little clock.
Speaker 1: Do you want this to be twenty six seconds until we do a spot?
Speaker 2: I mean, you know when our break times are. I don't know. Sometimes I forget. I've gotten old, you have gotten old. They are saying that. They are saying that the name is Jamal.
Speaker 5: Jamal is down about four hundred and thirty three percent, so we're not going to see a lot of Jamal's moving.
Speaker 3: That's all right, alright, five more seconds, Ben, all right, thank you Kevin for your contributions to America.
Speaker 2: Coming up next to the Today Game, followed by the Weekend Primer