Speaker 1: Time for rock News on one oh one one w JR, Orlando's rock station.
Speaker 2: Let's check in with Lynchintaco and see which rockers are making the headlines for all the right and wrong reasons.
Speaker 1: One O one one w JRR.
Speaker 2: All right, and rock News is brought to you by our Tuesday ticket takeover going on on the JR Instagram at one O one one w jr R. Swing by there at some point today you might win yourself VIP tickets for this weekend's Rocktoberfest Friday and Saturday at the Orlando Amphitheater at the Central Florida Fairgrounds.
Speaker 1: That's VIP tickets.
Speaker 2: The Pantera Experience Hardwired, which is Metallic attributes. There's the Poison tribute band, Real German music, Real German food, Real German beer.
Speaker 1: Well, of course, because it's Rocktoberfest, you have to have the real.
Speaker 2: So get by JR Instagram for that at one O one one w JR R. All Right. Start off with some sad news from the Rock War. Old former Iron Maiden singer back in their early days, Paul Deiano has passed away at the age of sixty six. We've been keeping tabs on him for years. At this point as his health struggles continued to deteriorate. Yeah, he really just was in bad shape. The label Conquest Music made the announcement yesterday that he had passed at the age of sixty six, did not give cause of death other than saying that he died at his home in Salisbury, England. And you know then of course went through his whole you know history. He had been performing from a wheelchair up right up until his death actually, and then you you know, go all the way back into the late seventies and early eighties when he was on those Iron Maiden, those two early Iron Maiden albums, a self titled one and then the follow up with Killers, just both great albums.
Speaker 1: So smps.
Speaker 2: Paul Andrews' real name really started to get some traction in the metal scene in England in the late seventies after he joined Maide and became their lead singer. There is going to be an official Paul Deiano documentary coming out that's been being produced for a while now. It's near completion. Twenty twenty five is when that will be coming out.
Speaker 1: Well, you mentioned that before.
Speaker 2: Rice, Yes, good buddy of his has been chronicling all the ups and downs and you know, highs and lows of Deanno's career, and that will be all put together and coming out in documentary form next year. Coming out today is Alex van Halen's long awaited memoir called Brothers that also comes with the instrumental track that is the Van Halen Brothers' final musical composition is called Unfinished. You may have heard snippets of it over the last couple of weeks as Alex has been promoting the release of his memoir. Today, I have the entire six minute instrumental version of this composition on the JR Facebook page Ordan Lynch and Taco blog at WJR dot com if you want to check that out. Kind of cool.
Speaker 1: Six minutes, you said, six minute.
Speaker 2: It's called Unfinished, last work those two did together, but it's finally finished, So yes, it's it's a misleading name. Taco is the book? Are you okay with the book title Brothers? Yeah? Okay, I'm down, okay, all right. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction ceremony took place Saturday night at Rock and Mortgage field House in Cleveland. In our realm, Ozzy finally goes in as a solo artist. This is the second time Ozzy has been inducted, of course, as a member of Black Sabbath. He's already in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. There are a lot of people there, you know, happy to the Ozzy uh take his place again in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. He was seated in in a throne. He was he's yeah, he's Ozzy's struggling right now. Yeah, he admits it too, but quite an all star cast to get him inducted in and some musical tributes. Jack Black actually did the honors of inducting him. I played some of his induction you know stuff yesterday while you were gone. But it was cool. It was cool. It was on Disney Plus, so if you have that, you can still go and check it out. Other honorees this year going in Peter Frampton, Foreigner, Foreigner, Jimmy Buffett's Dave Matthews Band, just name a few. So Buffett had to you know, oh yeah, I mean but yeah. So that's that's it for this year's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Now it's onto seeing who gets nominated and ultimately gets to go in next year. Former Ozzy, speaking of Ozzi. Former Ozzie guitarist Jake E. Lee still recovering from gunshot wounds, multiple gunshot wounds which he sustained while walking his dog just after two am last week. He and his wife, I guess, were out walking the dog early morning hours near his Las Vegas home when he noticed a couple of interlopers that had taken an interest in a neighbor's motorcycle, and he took it upon himself to kind of show them away. They didn't take kindly to that and proceeded to empty a clip in his main direction and hit him three times. Hit Jake three times. He says he is relatively very lucky. The cops found fifteen shellcasings he emptied his clip. I could only dodge so many. One bullet went through my forearm, one went through my foot, and one in the back which broke a rib and damaged along. Jake says the priority now is to keep draining his lung until it's done crying. He said, then they can pull the tube out and concentrate on the more minor injuries. He's wholly gonna be okay, but that's a close.
Speaker 1: Call for him, and a little reminder that sometimes you just kind.
Speaker 2: Of let the dog peel on the floor if it's two in the morning. No, of use, I mean, if you wanted to.
Speaker 1: Others are just saying though motorcycle thieves.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, Nicky six Again addressing the band's split with Mick Mahers back in twenty twenty two, he says the decision was driven by circumstances rather than personal conflicts. He says the band was he used the word forced to let Mars go due to his inability to perform live during due to his illness. He says they had to choose. You want to break up? Do you want to back out of this big concert deal we have with Live Nation? You want to you know, hurt our touring mates, def Leppard. So this interview with Guitar World, he says, like, do you think we wanted to take the grief we took and end up in a lawsuit? No? But what are we supposed to do? Go home and mow the lawn? Since it's like your football team, if one of your guys can't play anymore, they bring in another guy. Yeah, which, you know, it's kind of cold, but that was a little It's true. I mean, it's true. The show's gonna go on. It's got to go on in some way, shape or form.
Speaker 1: And I like how they put that with a Do you think it's fair for the other bands, you know, like def Leppard them as well, because you have to take everybody on the tour.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is really kind of sad here, Actually, it is very sad. Chris Cornell's daughter is very upset with TMZ. Tony Cornell speaking out against TMZ after the publication published photos of One Direction member Liam Payne after his death in Buenos Aires last week. She said, in the wake of Liam Payne's tragic passing, I feel compelled to speak out about the disgusting, distressing photos released by TMZ, including graphic images of his hotel room and body. Having seen those photos, I can't help but reflect on my own experience. Graphic images of my father's death were also published by TMZ. Back then, as a twelve year old, I stumbled upon those pictures and while scrolling through my iPad, it was indescribably traumatizing and something I still carry with me to this day. TMZ still has not chosen to have the decency seven years later, remove those photos from the Internet and if something I believe should have been done, and you know does all about clicks hints and their priorities aren't her priorities, as sad as that may be, but now you know, she says, it's just brought it all back against seeing what they did with the photos of Liam from One Direction who fell from that hotel balcony last week. Turns out they got the toxicology reports pink cocaine in his system, which is new club drug, which is making a mark. We are making a mark.
Speaker 1: We reported on something where pink cocaine was involved.
Speaker 2: So all right, there you go. Some your rock news for this week. One w j r R, Orlando's rock station,