Speaker 1: This podcast is supported by the Real Reel. Meet Christine. She loves shopping and this, this is the sound of fashion overload, too many fabulous things, not enough space. So Christine started selling with the Real Reel.
Speaker 2: I've always loved collecting designer pieces, Gucci bags, prod of heels, but my style keeps evolving. Selling with the Real Reel game changer.
Speaker 1: I earn more and they do everything seriously. Just drop off your items, our schedule a pickup. We handle the photos, descriptions, pricing, even shipping. You just sit back and watch your items sell fast to our forty million members.
Speaker 2: And I get peace of mind knowing I earn more selling with the Real Reel than anywhere else.
Speaker 1: Exactly this, that's the sound of your closet working for you. The Real Reel earn more, save time, sell fast, and right now you can get an extra one hundred dollars to shop when you sell for the first time. Go to the Realreel dot com to get your extra hundred dollars. The Realreal dot Com. That's the realreal dot com.
Speaker 2: Mana a live man like this man letting butterfly, flapping his wing, dig down in a forest. Man. It gonna cause a tree fall.
Speaker 1: Letting five thousand miles away. Man, nobody seen, nobody.
Speaker 3: See you don't even know, man, you don't they like you followed at a little story and you got directed like that.
Speaker 1: That's man, Man, don't like a dang on the panel, man matter?
Speaker 2: Man? All right, Daniel, welcome to Jay Burdens Show.
Speaker 3: How you doing, Man, I'm doing great things for inviting me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, I'm really excited to have you on. I was sort of vaguely aware of your product or of your project rather, but it wasn't until I think someone tagged us both on Twitter that you know, we got connected. So if you could for my audience, could you describe, well, who are you, who you are and what do you do?
Speaker 4: Yeah, my name is Daniel Tiree. I'm the founder and chairman of the Dominion Society. We're a new kind of not for profit organization. We call ourselves a vanguard political movement. So we're a kind of third party organization that advocates for what we call on behalf of what we call heritage Canadians and specifically for a concept called remigration. So this would be the reversal of kind of policies that have created this mass immigration crisis that's hurting the Canadian people and undermining our identity. So we look to reverse the kind of trends of those immigration policies in order to preserve those things.
Speaker 2: So two things, I'm pretty sure my audience will be familiar with the concept of heritage Americans. But first, well, one, what is a heritage Canadian? And two, can you, I guess contextualize what does mass migration in Canada look like?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so, I mean the concept would be very similar. A heritage Canadian or is a descendant of the original kind of settlers of Canada. We draw the distinction between kind of modern economic immigrants and the previous generations of settlers. I think there's something fundamentally different than some between someone who comes to a hostile wilderness who risks life and limb across open oceans in order to carve civilization from nothing, versus modern economic economic immigrants who come here to take advantage of our wealth and opportunity, to leach off of our social assistance and so on. So we draw that distinction. So a heritage Canadian is exactly that descendant of the original settlers, and mass immigration has become a crazy issue across the Western world, but Canada is definitely one of the top, one of the most radical examples of it. Kind of white Canadians are becoming a minority in our in our own homelands, probably as soon as twenty thirty twenty thirty five as a result of these radical policies. So we've seen kind of increasing in immigration trends since about the late nineteen eighties, started under under Prime Minister Brian mulrooney, and really kind of reached an unprecedented scale under our previous Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, where immigration figures got up too close to above a million people per year when you factor in temporary residence like foreign workers and foreign students in these classes who who will often kind of find reason to stay or get on permanent tracks for residency as well. So this was you know, a huge fraction of our population, and almost in our entire population growth was through immigration. About ninety eight percent of all population growth in Canada has been through immigration. In much of the population growth, the domestic kind of birth rate has been to you know, second third generation immigrants. So we're seeing our are kind of founding stock get pushed to the fringes and all the while we see our politicians kind of continue to advocate for immigration and to start playing dress up and pander to foreign ethnic blocks, which has been kind of corrosive to our politics writ large. So there's been a huge backlash against this. A majority of Canadians to the tune of over sixty percent, even a majority of immigrants are turning against kind of mass immigration policies in Canada. But it's kind of the zeitgeist to be like, so, how do we kind of deal with the consequences instead of actually solving the problem. And really what we put forward is what we think is the true solution, which is reversing the flow and sending a lot of people back instead of just kind of trying to figure out how to live together.
Speaker 2: So I'm going to ask what's called a leading question. Surely, right, the center right, you know, the people interested in conserving your nation are on side. Right, Surely the kind of good you know, center right figures are are an alliance with you? Is that the case?
Speaker 3: Daniel, No, No, no, unfortunately not.
Speaker 4: In fact, our main center right party, the Conservative Party, is is very much like just as much to blame as the center left Party the Liberals, like if you look back at our history, like these kind of policies were started by the Liberals who brought in kind of multiculturalism and liberalized our immigration system, took a lot of the kind of ethnic and country based policies out of our official immigration policies. But the kind of conservatives jumped on the same boat.
Speaker 3: Like it.
Speaker 4: It was a conservative prime minister Brian mulroney in the in the eighties that took us off of our kind of economic based immigration system where we'd turn on the taps when the economy was bad, or when the economy was bad, we turned off the taps, and when the economy was hot, we turned on the taps. He changed it to a flat figure, which has just increased and increased and increase since then. And then Stephen Harper, our most recent conservative prime minister, similarly, he continued to increase immigration. He massively increased temporary residents as well, and most troubling, he kind of shifted our main sources of immigration of immigration in terms of countries from the United States and the British Isles and so on, countries that are more ethnically, linguistically, culturally similar to Canada to countries that are much more distant from US. Now under Stephen Harper and continues to this day, the main source of immigration between became the Philippines, China, and India, countries that are very very different from Canada. So the Conservatives have played a very big role in immigration, in the changes to our immigration system, and then even to this day they prefer to kind of go with the flow instead of pushing back. They similar to the Liberals. They're playing dress up, they're pandering to ethnic bloating blocks, they're promising to increase the numbers. Until very recently, in the last year, we've seen a shift in tune for both parties to in line with kind of public opinion. But up until now they've all been kind of singing from the same song sheet, and we just don't think this is acceptable. Like, the Conservatives are very much conservative in name only. They stand for you know, free markets, free free trade, smaller government. None of these things are really ostensibly conservative. They're this kind of Reaganite tradition where this the right kind of where liberalism kind of won the day and both parties started representing this kind of same neoliberal kind of ideology just like you see in the States. What we're calling for is a more true sense of conservatism. I don't think you can really honestly call yourself conservative if you don't stand against this radical social change that's happening in our society. So actually last week it was our Conservative Parties convention here in Canada and out in Calgary, and myself and my organization where it went there to kind of host a demonstration and kind of put this into the central spotlight. We had a demonstation right outside their convention where we ask the question conserve what to kind of point out that really what they stand for is not conservative in any way. In this and demographic change, mass immigration needs to be the central focus really for all parties, but especially for an a sensibly conservative one.
Speaker 2: So oftentimes when discussing immigration, when discussing remigration, you get this sort of canard, right, it's only these kind of old, bitter racist hangars on who are concerned about immigration. I think that is changing across the anglosphere, certainly in America. So I'm curious, like if you could one what is the youth sentiment around this issue? And two what are the demographics of your organization, Like you know who is the average supporter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, I think that's a false narrative. I think the remigration around the world has been a very youthful movement. Our generation has really kind of grown up completely within this multicultural kind of liberal society, and it's it's very obvious to us how dysfunctional it has been from a cultural standpoint, from an economic standpoint, and younger people just don't have these same kind of allegiances to old party brands.
Speaker 3: They don't they they they don't, they're not.
Speaker 4: They don't feel kind of saddled with the same baggage that older generations do when it comes to maybe more a liberal or maybe a statist kind of solutions to these problems. So I do think it's a very youthful movement. People are really looking for an alternative and something to give them hope because really, like people like myself, people of my generation have kind of given up hope on even the simple standards of yesterday, like being able to start a family young and own a house and all these things, and everything gets tied back to mass immigration. So I do think it's a very youthful movement. That being said, like there is definitely in our organization. We have actually a pretty even kind of demographic pyramid across the age kind of spectrum. It is a bit skewed younger, but like the majority of our support is kind of between twenty five and forty five. I would say I haven't crunched the numbers super recent.
Speaker 3: Not at all.
Speaker 2: I was looking for a specific answer. So building on that point, I did something really stupid. I got into a debate with a Canadian socialist. Sorry it was inadvisable, right, but you know, relatively cordial. And one of the areas that we disagreed on was the fact that, you know, multiculturalism isn't working. And it's funny because I actually mentioned I cited a source from your nation.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: A friend of mine, I won't say which one, has been on my show before, and he was talking about how his daughter was unable to get a sort of normal teenager job, right, the sort of job you do before you move out, just to get some work experience, to get some pocket money, a couple hours a week. And she was describing, or through her dat I guess, describing how things like you know, fast food restaurants and gas stations that traditionally employed teenagers have basically been turned into ethnic rackets where if you're not a member of XYZ group you need not apply. And he was describing how his daughter had sort of gone through that process, that she started working at this service station with other local teenagers and then over the course of several months, was effectively replaced in real time. So one, again maybe this is another softball question, but is multiculturalism working in Canada? And two, if it isn't, how is it affecting normal people's lives.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean that's a very pertinent example. I don't even know if that's a direct criticism of multiculturalism. It's really just the standards for economic migration in Canada. And this is something that started under a conservative Prime minister by Stephen Harper, this massive expansion of the temporary foreign worker program which was which was again increased under the subsequent Liberal governments. They started bringing in more and more temporary foreign workers, but also pivoting the kind of jobs that they were worked for. So originally, when the temporary foreign worker program was brought in, it was it was for agricultural agricultural work. It was for seasonal, very seasonal employment like at harvest season, we get some more laborers to come over to pick strawberries or whatever. But this morphed under Stephen Harper into a completely different style of program where it was diversified for not only like very niche labor, but also for things like working at gas stations and fast food restaurants and so on. So, as you pointed out, like these typically these types of simple low skilled jobs do have an important part in the kind of broader labor market because they provide opportunity for seniors and younger people to get that kind of job experience, which can then lead to further opportunities down the line. Instead, now these are being shipped off to temporary foreign workers from India and other countries, which has these knock on effects down the line because you kind of stunt the kind of growth for the younger generation. But it's also has been turned into a sort of racket. These kind of immigrants are kind of clearly using specifically chain restaurants, chain restaurants and gas stations stuff like this. They get one franchise and they get more multiple franchise and then they use them to hire their their family members and friends from foreign countries to get them on that kind of pathway from temporary residency to permanent residency because it is streamlined, because a st simply those people should be able to to get they get priority because they we believe that they can assimilate better that way, which is which is obviously false. So literally you can go anywhere and Canada. You can go to the whitest town in the middle of nowhere, and the subway or the gas station or or whatnot is still going to be run by the one kind of Indian family in that entire city. I worked on an election campaign in twenty twenty three and I was in a small city in Manitoba, literally Altona, a town of a few thousand people, and it was like one of the most red pilling moments to go into the subway and it's like still there, it's run by Indians. It's unbelievable. It's one thing when you're in a big city, but like literally anywhere in this country, that's just the reality of the situation. The broader problems with multiculturalism is since since the seventies the eighties, very much we we as a country, we kind of rejected the idea of assimilation. There's often drawn the comparison between Canada and the US, where the US is described as a melting pot, in Canada's described as as a cultural mosaic. This is one of those things that Canadians are often like pompous about how we're so much superior to the US because we don't force people to merge into society. But obviously this ends up being dysfunctional. You need to have a sort of cohesive identity and culture in order to have a functional society, and we kind of stuck our nose up at that, and they're like, no, you can maintain your foreign languages, your foreign cultures and so on. And when you pair this with mass immigration, especially with huge numbers from just a few countries, what results is ethnic ghettos. Now you have cities like Brampton and Surrey in northern Calgary where the population is seventy eighty percent Indian. You'll have children that are born in Canada to like two Indian parents. They'll go to school in an eighty percent Indian school, They'll be able to speak foreign languages. They're they're putting up giant statues of foreign gods and so on. Like this, there's small pockets of India existing in Canada, and I think that's fundamentally wrong. I think Canada should be Canada and India should be India. I don't think that's a that's really a hot take at the end of the day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean well, and I think that I'm glad you brought up the sort of relationship between America and Canada because one of the things that sort of struck me is that for a certain faction of the Canadian population, in the Canadian ruling elite, they don't exist as an actual country. They exist in relation to America. So it's sort of this this relationship where well, Canada needs to be almost more American than America, right, like, oh, you know the evil you know, red state chuts. They're not living up to these great values, so we'll do it better. And so you get this sort of backwards relationship. And Justo was probably the worst about this, where you'd almost spend more time talking about my politics than yours, and you're like, wait, aren't you that ostensibly the head of an actual country? And I'm not making that criticism of you. I'm making that criticism of your politicians, of course, but it is that it's sort of bizarre relationship right where it's sort of like, this is a nation with issues. One of the things that I know your country has been hit by mine as well as you know, an explosion of you know, cost of living and housing prices. The fact that there are one million new Canadians every year I assume has nothing to do with that. But could you speak to that sort of misplaced focus, right if you could just explain what problems are facing Canada and does anyone seem to be interested in actually addressing.
Speaker 4: Well, well, just to talk about our political identity, I do think it has been kind of become very superficial, especially in the kind of post war period. But ultimately Canadian identity is relational to the United States, like our founding mythology is very much a rejection of Americanism, in liberalism. That's why we decided to be a country, and we're not all one kind of union like the Revolutionary War. While it is kind of America's founding mytho, it also is tied up in Canada's identity because especially the Anglo Canadian population is very much like this. The American Revolutionary War was sort of a selection event for Canada, where the kind of liberal folks decided to form America, and the people who literally fought against that right on the side of the British. They were then ostracized and moved up to Canada to what was would become Upper Canada and subsequently Ontario. So a significantly part part of our kind of Anglo founding stock were loyalists to the crown, people who rejected the American experiment of radical liberalism in favor of a more traditional, orderly society. So the American kind of mythos is captured by that, you know, the phrase from the Constitution. Their life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness are kind of equivalent to that is, peace, order and good governance. So Canada is actually like a reactionary conservative state in rejection of American ideas. Now, in the post war period, American liberalism kind of won the day as America ascended to the global hedgemon right through soft power through hard power, they dominated the world. But this kind of affected Canada doubly like we had a kind of multiplier effect due to our close geographic relationship. So in the pre war period we were very much a vassal state of the British, like you were saying, how we're kind of more American than the Americans. Before the World War, Kenda was widely seen as more British than the British. So as the British kind of waned as the global superpower and were replaced by the Americans, that hit us doubly because we have such a close economic tie, so we kind of replaced Britain with America, which was very much against our founding ethos. Nationalists like myself up north of the border often say that we're kind of illiberal hardware running liberal software now, so you end up with this weird kind of contradiction where Canadians are very anti American kind of reflexively. We saw this very much over the last year during our election campaign, where our entire federal election just became about this like super official rejection of Americanism. Well, we've completely kind of adopted American ideas, So like Canadian identity is often reduced to like we're Americans but with free healthcare, We're Americans but more polite, when like really it's like, no, we are a complete rejection of what America is. We are people that prioritize order over liberty. We have these very different founding ideals, but that's been kind of lost away, and we're left with this kind of surface level nonsense where it's very confusing.
Speaker 3: People don't know why we're not American anymore.
Speaker 2: Well, and I think that that's sort of an interesting relationship because it's kind of funny that that anti Americanism is ultimately an extension of the kind of true like civic religion of America. Because of course, right, you've mentioned the initial founding myth, right, the you know, the kind of American founding fathers, the Revolutionary War, and that was the founding myth for a certain version of the American republic. Right, like we we basically have the same thing the French do with like the numbered republics. We don't do it officially, but like, let's be honest, Thomas Jefferson would be absolutely horrified at what Lincoln did, let alone what FDR did. Right, They're they're completely different nations. And so, you know, the post war era, the narrative of you know, the American Empire has been this sort of like liberationist guilt, this idea that you know, we simultaneously must hate and despise ourselves for what we were. And also this sort of you know, not to use that a weighted term, but this sort of like you know, liberationist idea about you know, the point of your life is to have the maximal number of people experiencing the maximal freedom for self expression, which is basically defined as like, you know, a certain number of like firing of your serotonin, uh, you know, receptors in your brain or whatever. And so it's funny to me that either the anti americanism is actually effectively the ideology of the US State Department, if you really drill down to it, like it's the same thing that, let's be honest, the majority of our politicians, right that the kind of left which is, you know, the hegemonic force in American politics. It's what they say. And again when I say this, like, don't take this as a criticism of Canada, I think you were much better off, you know, pre war for any number of reasons. But I do see that and kind of chuckle at it. You see the same thing with like certain you know, progressive globalist types out of Europe as well, where it's like you, in a weird way, you're almost more captured than anything else, right, because you still exist in relation to this nation you proclaim to hate, and weirdly enough, you have the same opinion as every major institution in that country, right, you have the same opinions as Harvard, as the Washington Post is whatever. So in a weird way, it's like you kind of you personally. Of course, that person is sort of the perfect imperial citizen, which I find to be a certain bit of irony there, but I'll kick it back to you, Daniel.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, no, I definitely see that hypocrisy everywhere that people like. It's it's quite ironic that the kind of right leaning, kind of hierarchical traditionalist types have really become the counterculture in the modern zeitgeist, whereas you see these like blue haired punks or whatever, and they they've become the kind of real, the real foot soldiers of the elite. It's it does seem very backwards, but we live in very strange times. So we often say like that Canadians are not a revolutionary people. We were not formed in revolution. We were actually formed as a sort of counter revolution to what was going south of the border. So as nationalists in Canada, we don't really preach revolution as as many kind of dissident types are inclined to. What we really preach is as a counter revolution. We we point to what happened under specifically Pierre Trudeau, to transform our society, to replace our constitution, to impose multiculturalism. We see this as the real revolution in Canada. And what we're standing is for a counter revolution and a reversal of a lot of these policies. That's why people like myself we we fly, we fly the old flag, we we we use our old symbols. What we're not what we're preaching, while it is a transformation of our society it is, it is really not something new. It's it's really a return to tradition, which I think is much more consistent with Canada's kind of founding ethos, rather than than preaching American style revolution, which is a lot of what you see from the more like slopulist types in Canada who very much are captured by the kind of American media ecosystem online and stuff, and don't really think for themselves or don't really understand our unique history. They just kind of latch onto what's popular.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm glad, I'm glad you brought that up, because I see that sort of across the world, and some of it's branding right where it's like, oh, you know, Bolscenaro is Brazil's Trump, or you know, Victor Orbon is Hungary's Trump, and it's sort of like that framing is imposed on every nation across the world, and viewers of my show, well, no, I have certain criticisms of the current administration. We don't need to get into those, but I do think that's sort of an interesting thing as well, right, that there's sort of a diversion valve.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's deliberately constructed or not, but this sort of rebellion which in a weird way ends up reinforce the central premits right, reinforcing that everything must be done in relation to this other nation's capital. And look, I say that as you know an American nationalists, which I realize is a bizarre position to be in for any number of reasons. But you know, when I look to Canada and I see that sort of sloppulist, right, I see that desire to sort of create your own Trump, I'm like, no, no, no, no, this is not that's not what you are. That would setting aside the question of how efficacious or possible that would be doing. You know, the Maga movement in Canada is ultimately accomplishing the same end, which is, well, then it's not Canada anymore. And look like, I don't pretend to, you know, deeply understand your culture. I find it to be honest, slightly confusing, but nonetheless right. It ought to exist, you know, none aside from anything else.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, And I that's kind of why the kind of a fundamental problem that the right has been having in Canada for a long time. They've been too aligned with the Americans, which is kind of very counter to what Canada is. And while we have become very Americanized, very liberalized, there is still that kind of anti American instinct and that really is what's sunk the Conservative Party in the last election. They were seen as too soft on America. Pierre pauliev Or, the leader of the Conservative Party, was seen as kind of Canadace Trump. A lot of the slopulists want to kind of steer into that swerve, but the reality is that's really not popular in the general Canadian public. There's that reflex of anti Americanism that really swung the election for the for the Liberal Party. So while there is that kind of inkling for a lot of people who are completely captured by America, like a lot of these swapulists, they love Trump, they love they want Canadace Trump that many of them are like fifty first staters and so on. But that's just not that's like, it's not a viable path to victory in Canadian politics. Really, what we need is an authentically Canadian movement, and a lot of what that would be has been so lost because we've been so captured by the American kind of ecosystem in a lot of different ways, directly and indirectly through hard power through soft power over the last you know, a sixty eighty years, like really since the late sixties. So people like me, we've completely lived our entire lives within this kind of political capture. But it's up to people like myself and many other dissidents and nationalists to kind of promote what really makes us Canadian and to provide that authentic path. And we hope that through our aim is through that through this kind of meta political pressure, through changing the mainstream ideas, through shifting the conversationation that we'll see that change reflected in public opinion and some subsequently through the through our existing political parties, and we we do find that it's catching on really fast, even though we we have limited kind of institutional power, even though we have like where we're not covered by the mainstream media, even though we're starting very organically and small on social media. Ultimately, the what the message we preach is is consistent with Canadian's identity. It's constant, consistent with that sort of instinctual blood memory that exists within the prototypical Canadian. So we've been really exploding really fast as a result of that, because we understand what can is more than mainstream institutions, more than these kind of slopulists. So people want to shut us down, people don't want to give us that that uh, that that coverage, but ultimately will continue to grow because we're we're on the right track.
Speaker 2: This is it's always interesting to me because there's this kind and I don't know if anyone ever expresses it like this, but there's this sort of view of nationalism that I think is ultimately very I don't want to say dishonest, but I think it's very naive, which is the idea that you know, like nationalism is like a block in the same way that globalism is. And you can be, you know, a nationalist of your country and you know, perfectly in line with you know, every other nationalist across the world. And obviously, look like you and I and you know, our friends in England or South Africa or Australia are co belligerents, right, we're pulling the same direction. But ultimately, like and you know, I'm never going to be in a position to make this decision, But if there were that hypothetical decision, right, which would you know, advance America at the cost of Canada. It's like, well, that's what it is, right to be a nationalist, to choose your people above others. And so you know, when I hear you you're talking about, you know, the need to kind of decouple your country from America. To me, that's entirely rational, right, it's for your people, right abo above others. And look like, let's be honest, it's very unlikely that that will be some kind of like hot war between the new nations. It's the most ridiculous to say, but there is something to be said for the fact that, like there are difficult decisions and there are zero some games individually, and I think it's very easy, as you know, a nationalist of your nation to immediately recoil and say like, oh no, like why would you do that? You must be this horrible person. It's like, well, no, he is just an advocate for his people above all others, which you know is really what we would hope and expect from you know, other nations, other cultures. Just a brief aside, there is something I get, I guess a little frustrated about, but I.
Speaker 4: Think it's much more honest interpretation of how power should function. Though, Like we've been living in this kind of subversive kind of rules based international order in the post war period where people kind of subvert their national interest as especially the dominant powers, as some sort of fair liberal attitude, where in the reality it's really just been an extension of the power for the United States, less so China and Russia, who maintained disproportionate power either through kind of the UN Security Council or whatnot. Really it's just the US bullying people around, not some kind of liberal, fair egalitarian system. So it's been this really dishonest thing, and I think we're seeing a kind of crumbling of that. Trump is representative of that. And we even had our Prime minister at Davos the other week, you know, proclaim and end to the or to declare a new world order. Last night we had our former prime minister, or two nights ago we had our former Prime minister Stephen Harper declared that we're in an age of nationalism, and I do think they're both correct. I do think we're in this transition period, specifically moving away from the age of complete American dominance, transitioning from this kind of unipolar power dynamic and geopolitics towards a more multipolar, bipolar system. And I think it's natural for a shift to nationalism for all the middle powers to occur as a response to that. In this more kind of chaotic system, everyone has to be a bit more self interested. So we're seeing that collapse of the lie that was liberalism in real time. And I think this shift towards back towards nationalism is both inevitable and for the interest of everyone. And yes, sometimes we'll run counter to things, but I do think there is still a there is still space for you know, global alignment within a more nationalist system. There are countries, like you just pointed out, that we share a lot, We share history, we share culture and ethnicity, especially within the anglosphere Canada, United States, Australia, Great Britain, New Zealand, so on. And I can see these countries working together for similar goals, Like I have some proposals on things like reforming the asylum system, and really all these countries are going through very similar problems, and I think we could work together to find solutions that help all of us while being consistent with.
Speaker 3: All of our our national interests.
Speaker 4: Even if you know, some things like trade and military arrangements and stuff like this we might have to butt heads. I think there is still space for kind of global alignment on certain things.
Speaker 2: No, certainly, and I really said that to sort of address, let's be honest, just a straw man of an idea. You see from time to time. One of the things that I have heard from my Canadian friends, and this is the definition of anecdotal Some guy told me once, so you know, take that for what it's worth. But he was talking about the issue us with kind of like resource extraction and how that is sort of a dividing line in Canadian politics, and so I'm curious right on that issue, assuming we are pivoting back towards this kind of era of nationalism, like what becomes of the kind of like beating heart of Canada, whether that's industry or you know, resource extraction, because seemingly from the outside looking in, the Liberal government doesn't seem to like that, right, They don't seem to like to be blunt about it things being made and actually done in Canada, And so I realized it's a slight departure, but I'm curious to get your your thought on that, because again, there is also the kind of specter of China in this, right, They're a major resource producer, they, as you've said, sent quite a lot of immigrants there. So that's a very vague collection of ideas with a question kind of depended on to the end. But I'm curious to get your thoughts there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, so far this kind of shift towards a more nationalist perspective has been a lot of talk and not a lot of action. So particularly Mark Karney, since he took over as the leader of the Liberal Party last.
Speaker 3: Year, he has been.
Speaker 4: Much more traditionalist in his messaging, like he has been talking about how we are a union of the three founding people's British, French and First nations. He's been a lot more eager to talk about our history. The first thing he did once he took over as leader was visit the king in our king in the United Kingdom to visit France instead of going to visit the United States. Like there was a very clear pivot back towards a more historical ethos. Not to mention his speechs at Davos and such, but right after Davos, he came back to Quebec City, the oldest part of our country, and he did his speech where the first ten minutes was all about our roots and our history in this and then he kind of pitches the same kind of post national Lester Pearson era multiculturalist kind of messaging. It's a very you know, post nationalist, civic nationalist message dressed up in nationalism. The Trudeau administration before him was very anti resource and you would expect Mark Carney to be pushing much faster on that in the on the development of those resources. Specifically, we need pipelines going from Alberta, where most of our oil and natural gases out to both coasts of the country in order to facilitate international trade. Right now, we just have pipelines down to the United States, so we can't even refine our own products. We we set it sell it out of a massive discount to you guys. Uh, But there's been no significant push for this. There's still this kind of ideological opposition to fossil fuels, you know, the whole climate change narrative and so on. So a real national as government would do what's in the best interests of Canadians and develop our ret natural resources to bring wealth to our people. So we have seen this kind of surface level adjustment, but there's a long way to go in order to actually do what's in the best interests of our people.
Speaker 2: Well, fair enough, man, I'm curious, like you said, your organization is growing very quickly. What are your goals, what do you what are you aiming towards, what are you guys doing And you know, if people are interested, where can they join?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we have been going very fast. We were just launched in July of last year. We've had we've had liver coverage. We started growing from Stratch and we already have almost twenty five hundred members across the country.
Speaker 3: Those are paying members.
Speaker 4: Our social medias have blown up where we have you know, over thirty thousand followers on Facebook or almost thirty thousand on Twitter and Instagram. We're getting millions of kind of impressions on a monthly basis across our social media channels. Really, our approach to things is metapolitical. We see that politics is downstream from culture, and as such we aim to influence Canada's political culture in order to shift the direction of all major political parties and institutions. So we do this through kind of four main pathways. We do it through our kind of media content online. We do it through grassroots activism. We're building a network of kind local chapters across the country to engage in classical grassroots politics, putting up posters, distributing flyers, hosting local gatherings and demonstrations. We also take a more kind of think tank approach, what we call intellectual development. We're putting out a series of kind of white papers throughout this year to expand on our ideas in a way in a kind of language that speaks towards these traditional institutions, governments and political parties and so on, so they can start to adapt our ideas as we popularize them more efficiently. And then the last year is what we call institutional infiltration. We're looking to get our guys involved in political parties, in existing institutions and government jobs and so on in order to create this network of kind of institutional nationalists at all levels, so that as the power balance shifts back towards nationalists, will have people well positioned across the country in order to completely exert our kind of power and influence on society. So those are kind of four main pathways. If people are interested in getting more involved, they can check out our website, Dominion Society dot ca. You can find out more about our ideas there and you can even sign up as a member or make a small donation in order to help us continue to grow and influence the kind of political scene here in Canada.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Thanks man, this has been a really interesting conversation.
Speaker 3: I am.
Speaker 2: I'm very glad that your organization exists, because, like I said, I'm not going to pretend to be an expert on Canadian culture. I've been there a number of times, but you know when I saw the exit of your government during the past five years. I'll leave it at that. Not to say words I can't on social media, but it was incredibly upsetting right that you know a people who is you're not the same but sort of cousins right, geographically, culturally, very much genetically from the same people, under this kind of petty tyranny. It genuinely morally offended me. Right, it didn't seem right. And so you know, godspeed on your project. I think you guys are doing very good work and I'm excited to see you guys grow. But yeah, Daddiel, this has been a ton of fun. Man, Thank you so much for coming on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, thanks for having me on. It was a really fun conversation.
Speaker 2: Likewise, as far as my stuff, the Jay Burton Show, Apple, Spotify, YouTube, anywhere you listen to podcasts. Now, this is what I do. If you want to support me, you can throw me a few bucks a month on Patreon, Substack or gum Road. You get the episodes early in ad free. You guys may know I'm sponsored by Axios Remote Fitness Coaching. And finally, the snow is melted. I live in the South. We're not used to snow. It was a whole disaster. But I'm back in the gym. JD. You guys would work. Check him out, a small businessman, one of our guys. He deserves your support, so check that out. And again, Daniel, this was a ton of fun. Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, thanks for having me on and long live Canada.
Speaker 2: Everyone home, keep your head up, good night. Marketing is hard, but I'll tell you a little secret. It doesn't have to be. Let me point something out. You're listening to a podcast right now and it's great. You love the host, you seek it out and download. You listen to it while driving, working out, cooking, even going to the bathroom. Podcasts are a pretty close companion. And this is a podcast ad? Did I get your attention? You can reach great listeners like yourself with podcast advertising from libsynads. Choose from hundreds of top podcasts offering host endorsements, or run a pre produced ad like this one across thousands of shows. To reach your target audience and their favorite podcasts with libsynads, go to libsynads dot com. That's l I B s y n ads dot com Today