Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. We caught a falling rocket.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I mean it's totally on purpose.
Speaker 3: But Elon Musk has done something that forget about his politics because I know it's incendiary for a lot of people. That guy drives projects that are mind boggling how advanced they are. The idea that he was able to launch a rocket and then not just bring it back to Earth in one piece, but literally catch it.
Speaker 2: On the Great Space Coast of Florida yesterday was pretty amazing.
Speaker 1: Well, total BS or a third assassination attempt? What are we dealing with? The Corris? Donald Trump had his weekend rally in Coachella, California. You know he invited John to go to that. I wonder if John went to that.
Speaker 2: I don't think he did.
Speaker 1: I think John was busy with baseball.
Speaker 3: Yes, when we were talking to him on Friday after the show, I don't think he was going to make it out there.
Speaker 1: I don't see John in Coachella.
Speaker 3: No, so much dirt, a lot of people, a lot of people, So I didn't see him after.
Speaker 1: Blake Trolley from KFI News is on the story about this man carrying loaded firearms fake passports arrested the Riverside County Sheriff, saying that he thinks that his deputies did in fact stop a third assassination attempt.
Speaker 4: And that suspect forty nine year old VM Miller is denying those claims, saying that he supports Donald Trump and saying that he did not show up to this rally in an attempt to assassinate the former president. I think what's important to note here, guys, is that before Riverside County Sheriff Chad Bianco provided any details behind the arrest yesterday with reporters, he did say that there was some information that he was going to withhold as the investigation continues. Keep in mind, this investigation is beyond his office at this point. Yesterday he conceded that, you know, the charges he was able to levy down onto VM Miller were state level charges, and that now the investigation is a joint investigation that he's assisting with, but it's primarily now with the FEDS. To recap the arrest, yesterday, there were several checkpoints set up by the Sheriff's office before participants were to go on to a Secret Service checkpoint. There was an outside perimeter checkpoint and then an inside perimeter checkpoint.
Speaker 5: So on the outside you.
Speaker 4: Had people who were likely supposed to be at the rally, as well as people who lived around Calhoun Ranch that needed to get in and out of their homes. Once you made it past that, there was an additional checkpoint. That checkpoint was a little bit more intensive, but again run by the Sheriff's department. And then beyond that was the Secret Service checkpoint, and that's really where any dispute about whether or not somebody should be at the rally or not would have been settled, given the fact that they had the list of people who were invited. Deputy say that Van Miller claimed to be a member of the press he got through checkpoint number one.
Speaker 5: When he approach checkpoint number.
Speaker 4: Two, a deputy noticed that his car was in disarray and that he had a homemade license plate, one that law enforcement is now using to tie him to the Sovereign Citizens Group.
Speaker 5: Miller was then cuffed as car was searched.
Speaker 4: Or deputies say they found two unregistered guns, multiple licenses with multiple names, and multiple passports, again with multiple names. Miller was taken into custody on the charges of the Sheriff's department. Again could apply. These are state level gun charges. He posted a five thousand dollars bail and was back out and speaking to the press saying that he told deputies about the guns in his car as a courtesy. He's saying that he was actually invited to attend the rally by the head of the Republican Party in Clark County, Nevada. Keep in mind, Van Miller is from Las Vegas. He did run for a Nevada Assembly seat on the Republican ticket a couple of years ago. He lost in the primary, and he is saying that he was invited to this. He says he full on supports President Trump. He says the guns in his car he purchased because he launched a media network, and that he's had death threats against him. Nonetheless, Riverside County Sheriff Chad Bianco is saying these claims are irrelevant.
Speaker 1: Because it's irrelevant to me. I mean, as far as I'm concerned, there were a minimum of twenty five thousand people that entered pass those deputies into that location that had legitimate identification and weren't carrying guns.
Speaker 4: And also yesterday, Bianco was asked if he thinks his statements, which are that his deputies likely thwarted a third attempt at President Trump's life, were a bit dramatic. He pushed back on those pretty hard with reporters. I heard you guys airing some of that audio in.
Speaker 2: The last hour.
Speaker 3: So the FBI, now, like you said, is handling whatever investigation is left on this. I mean, the state charges, the guy's already out on bail. Is there any way for us to get an indication if they're moving forward with anything. I mean, the Feds are always going to be very tight lipped about their investigator. And I saw one report I believe this was out by the New York Post that had said that their sources were telling them that likely this guy did just have these guns for personal protection.
Speaker 5: I heard you guys kind.
Speaker 4: Of trying to figure out was this a third assassination attempt on Donald Trump or was this guy just basically an idiot?
Speaker 5: And I think that really is the million dollar question. You know.
Speaker 4: I've tried to do some of my own research on this, and one of the main questions here is, you know, let's reach out.
Speaker 5: So this is what I have.
Speaker 4: Then I've reached out to the Clark County Republicans group there in Nevada to see if he was invited by them, and you know, how much you know or you know and.
Speaker 5: And what's the backstory there? You know.
Speaker 4: One of the points that Riverside County Sheriff Bianco made yesterday was members of these groups have no authority to invite somebody, right if you were put on this list, It's not like, you know, Gary, if you were invited, you could just bring your friends, willy nilly. They said that he was saying that the the Secret Service had an extensive list of who was to be there and who was not to be there, and so even if he made it past the sheriff's checkpoint, that next list would have really indicated whether or not he should be there. I'm sure that is part of the federal investigation. Was this guy actually on the list. But you do have to wonder, you know, as well as why he would enter such an event with unregistered guns and again with multiple passports and multiple driver's licenses. I know he's saying that he has dual citizenship and that's the reason. And he has different names in different countries. But again there's a lot of questions there.
Speaker 1: Blake Trolley, great stuff. Let us know what you dig up, all.
Speaker 2: Right, guys, I'm edging towards dumb dumb.
Speaker 1: Yes, I am in camp dumb dumb.
Speaker 2: Rather than nefarious creature.
Speaker 1: Because when you look into the sovereign citizen movement, that's exactly he checks all the boxes.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Homemade license plates, Yeah, that's a new one to me.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean you get the paper license plates sometimes when you get a car, So maybe he's just trying to make it look like that. I guess you don't have homemade plates.
Speaker 6: I do not.
Speaker 3: I mean I do, but I display my regular state issued even though they're illegal, my state issued plates. I keep my sovereign citizen plates underneath. You think scientologists are bad sovereign citizens, they come after you.
Speaker 1: The government is what comes after You're right, that's right, the government. Yeah, Dodgers won yesterday. We'll talk about that when we come back.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on Demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 3: We were tonight Clippers play their first ever preseason game in their new state of the art, two billion dollars into it dome.
Speaker 1: That'll be fun where you get to drink till four till four am tomorrow morning.
Speaker 2: Idea and then roll right in here and start the show.
Speaker 1: You can do that?
Speaker 2: Could do? Max And how tired?
Speaker 1: And I'm tired just thinking about it.
Speaker 3: I did have a quick football story before we get into baseball. In high school, a kid in Louisiana, what would you think is for passing yards in a high school football game? What would you think the record is passing in a high school football I've heard crazy things. I've heard like four hundred and eighty yards. Peyton Houston of evangel Christian Academy out of Shreveport, Louisiana through for eight hundred and seventeen yards, craziest eight touchdowns. He went fifty three of sixty eight passing and lost the game. He also ran for eighty seven yards and had two rushing touchdowns himself.
Speaker 1: How do you lose that game?
Speaker 2: It's all extra points?
Speaker 3: I think at that it's gotta be right because they had ten touchdowns and seventy six points. Wow, he was twenty yards of the national record. He set the eight hundred and seventeen yards in one game.
Speaker 1: So I just started paying attention to baseball a few weeks ago. So people in the nose said, if the Dodgers get by the Padres, they they match up well with everybody. It should they should have a path to a World Series victory. Well, they're better than the Mets, they're better than the Yankees.
Speaker 3: Still some work to do, but it started off last night or first inning.
Speaker 4: The two to one pitch, Mounsey swings fights at the center field.
Speaker 2: This boy will get down.
Speaker 5: Bookie scores aready trying to come around. Lets throws cut off.
Speaker 2: He stepped cut up place next.
Speaker 3: Monsie with a two out, two run single, two nothing, Dodgers off the bat. They ended up with a nine nothing win in Game one the National League Championship Series. They extended the scoreless streak the pitchers did. Jack Flaherty did.
Speaker 7: Being on to be here and have some family in the stands and see some of them beforehand, it kind of just lets you relax a little bit and understand that we're playing a game and supposed to have some fun.
Speaker 1: According to a reporter, Sarah Langs, the first game blowout pretends doom Sunday Nights Dodgers win. I'm gonna be a panic Brothers carrier Page and Tim Kates Sunday Nights Dodgers win tied for the fourth largest shutout victory ever in game one of a postseason series. Thirteen to zero was captured by the nineteen eighty four Chicago Cubs, which is the paysetter. Those were the Cubs that fell short of the World Series, of course, felled by Steve Garvey's Padres. Same thing with the other top five blowout shutouts. None of the five teams that accompany the Dodgers on this list captured the series.
Speaker 3: They didn't even win the series, let alone if it was an earlier series go on to win the World Series.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: So they play today just after one o'clock, first pitch.
Speaker 1: So here's my question, it's going to be like this. No, no, the sounds going to break.
Speaker 2: That would be even worse.
Speaker 3: Walker Bueller going in and being pulled after two and a third and gives up four or five.
Speaker 1: Well, and Dave Roberts is playing it correctly. He says, you know, he's on a heater right now. We feel comfortable with his experience playing on the road. That they'd rather opt to use him on the road. I mean, you're saying that, but are you saying that? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think I don't think it would be because I think everybody at that point when you get into the postseason like that, you're going to be one of those you know that you're playing for the team, And I would assume that that would kind of have be his mentality.
Speaker 2: I don't know anything about Walker Bueller. I'm just.
Speaker 1: I think he's still in his head a little bit. Is that the ball not? Is that the ball we got from you stole where we're Chicago?
Speaker 2: Something like that.
Speaker 3: You took it from the other studio, You took it from the iHeart Studios in Chicago.
Speaker 1: We don't know the chain of custody on that rubber ball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like probably laced with drugs, you know, dirty.
Speaker 1: That thing is. No, No, you don't have to give it up. I'm just letting you know what you're playing with there. You might want to wipe that thing down once in a while. Well, we don't know what was done to that bowl ball before we stole it and took it back with us.
Speaker 3: Do you want to do the The Tom Girardi update sure he's still with us.
Speaker 2: He is.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI Am six forty.
Speaker 1: Patty wrote to me. She said, in my opinion, I think Walker is better on the road. So there you go. Yes, somebody actually watches.
Speaker 3: Somebody else suggested that the reason that they're using him in New York as opposed to today's home game is that they only had to use a couple of relievers last night. Low end relievers. Okay, didn't have to pitch today.
Speaker 2: I see, It's fine. I mean, that's that's why I would think it's fun.
Speaker 1: It's fun to talk about it. It's fun to play guy on the couch. Ini in Ohio commenting on what you think? How do you think the game should be managed or coach?
Speaker 2: Right? What about that Lion's Cowboys game though in Dallas.
Speaker 1: On Jerry Jones' birthday?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: At home? What's with them cropping themselves at home all the time.
Speaker 3: There was a lot that was going on this weekend that was fun to watch. Oh and oh this will bring a tear to your eye. So my daughter was home this weekend and I was saying on Saturday morning, Hey, we should watch the Baylor football game. What time do they play? And she said, they have a bye this week, and.
Speaker 2: I thought, she knows the schedule.
Speaker 3: And I've told her, you don't have to be a huge football fan, but you have to know that you're going to a school where football is a really important thing, living in a state where football is a really.
Speaker 1: Important Has she gone to a game yet?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she went with my wife. They won our parents' weekend. Oh that's great. So she knows the pomp and circumstances, the.
Speaker 1: Cult like atmosphere.
Speaker 3: But it was so delightful to know that she knew the schedule. I thought that was very.
Speaker 1: That's why she left town this weekend and she turned around. Yeah, yeah, she wouldn't have come if it wasn't a bye weekend. The former CFO of Tom Girardi's law firm has pleaded guilty to two federal counts of wire fraud. He admits to helping Tom Girardi embezzeled tens of millions of dollars from clients. And you knew this was going to happen. We talked about this being the case. This guy's name is Christopher Camen, fifty one years old. He was living the Bahamas when he was arrested a couple of years ago, and we knew that he was going to roll on Girardi so they could build the case, which is the one they really wanted against Girardi.
Speaker 3: Are you caught up with the old Real Housewives of something where his?
Speaker 1: Are they there yet? I don't think they're on right now. Was she's in Beverly Hills?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, they're not on right now.
Speaker 3: So my wife was watching one of those episodes and she was holding it over everybody's Erica Girardi was married to him, or he's married.
Speaker 2: I don't even know where. I don't know the status of their relationship.
Speaker 1: It could be a divorce that hasn't been finalized yet. I'm not really sure, but I know they're not together anymore.
Speaker 2: I will say it's strained, whatever it is.
Speaker 3: She was making some point about how because she's she's a player in all of this stuff with Tom Girardi, because of the accusations that he was using all of that client money to fund her career, to.
Speaker 1: Fund her career, and they're like periatric entertainer, right.
Speaker 3: And there is one specific piece of evidence, I guess in this case that kept coming up and it's a earring.
Speaker 1: The earrings.
Speaker 3: Yes, so she was display or she's showing the women in this group the proof that she's winning, like she's telling the truth. The client money wasn't used to buy these earrings, and that's not None of that stuff matters to me. I don't care if she goes down. I don't care if she's involved with it or not. What mattered to me was it's seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars pair of earrings.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 1: So my take on that, because that was like a couple seasons ago, Okay, good, My take on that was if I knew my husband was stealing money from plane crash victims, Yeah, and he gave me a gift of seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars earrings, There's no way, there's no world in which I would not sell them, liquidate those and give right checks to whoever I knew he screwed over, right, they would. It would not be a thing I would be selling handback. I'd be selling everything like, I would be doing whatever I can because I'm so grossed out that he was using that money for dead people's children, right and giving it to me to have my glam squad travel with me to Tucson to put on a show for fifty people and shake my geriatric ass like that. That would just be unconscionable.
Speaker 3: And people were asking her like, well, why don't you just get rid of them and give the money, you know, that would go a long way to helping your you know, your pr and she would be.
Speaker 1: Like, why should I do that? These were a gift and it was like, you're not. That was the thing with her. She acted like she was a victim in all of this, like, you don't know what I had to go through and who's.
Speaker 2: That somebody cheering the Dodger with, uh.
Speaker 1: You don't know what I've had to go through and weepy and everything, and it's like, oh, I'm sorry that you had to move into a two bedroom house in Studio City, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was that was the such a bad look. But anyway, so in this case, the uh, the former CFO has now admitted he had a hand in all of this, and like you said, we've we've known that this was happening, but it's.
Speaker 2: A it's official now coming up.
Speaker 3: I just just contacted a plumber.
Speaker 2: I got some plumbing things out.
Speaker 1: You could consult with my brother, he's a plumber.
Speaker 2: I could. I know what needs to be done, I just need somebody to do it.
Speaker 1: I didn't know how much money my brother was secretly making.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no kidding.
Speaker 3: Wow, how about this the idea of making a million bucks as a plumber.
Speaker 1: This is because of all the squares you use. This is and all the people that called in, using the wipes that are.
Speaker 2: Not flushable, the kitchen drain that needs to be snaked. It's not anything else, got it?
Speaker 1: And I would I don't one central line.
Speaker 3: Farther down, yeah, but the one directly behind the sink is not.
Speaker 1: Ooh yeah, you may have it may be assigning bigger problem.
Speaker 2: I have narrow pipes.
Speaker 1: It happy you.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: Oh Gary, Good morning, Gary and Shannon. Happy Monday. But seriously, Gary, if your pipes are closed, it's not because they're narrow.
Speaker 5: It's because you're.
Speaker 1: Using your freaking garbage disposal in correctly.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 1: Stop putting crap down the dray. When women chime in, Bye Joe Lee said, tell Gary there should be a clean out on the outside of the house, and that he can open and try and snake it from that side.
Speaker 3: It will look like this, she sent a picture. I know exactly, I know exactly where it is. I moved the patio furniture out from under or out and from in front of it so that the guy would have perfect access or gal I don't know who it is, I would have access to it. It's happened before. It's just everything's fine. I know how it happens. I'm not the only person who has control over the sink.
Speaker 1: But you should know when you mentioned a house problem or malfunction that you're going to get feedback. Our gas family is very knowledgeable when it comes to being handy.
Speaker 2: I appreciate their handing.
Speaker 1: Yes, let me know. You want me to call my brother and see if he can.
Speaker 3: I also have a cousin who's a phone call away, and my wife actually suggested I call him, and I thought, well, I would, but he's two and a half hours away, and I wouldn't want him to come and do something like that. I wouldn't want him to drive five hours round trip and just be like, hey, you own a couple Coors lights for the road or something.
Speaker 1: How bad is the build up in there.
Speaker 2: It comes on pretty sudden.
Speaker 3: Once it decides to back up, it backs up pretty quickly.
Speaker 1: How often has this happen?
Speaker 3: Twice before in the eight years that we've got there. In fact, one of them was immediately when we moved in. The other previous owners had never done it, so we went in and had them do everything. So it's about every four years. We're not crazy.
Speaker 1: So we apparently have a new class of millionaires in this country, and they are the plumbers and the hvac people.
Speaker 3: An amazing private equity firms around the country have been buying up some of these home service companies, hvac, plumbing, whatever it is, electrical companies. They hope to profit by running larger, more profitable operations. I mean, think about consolidating some of the smaller mom and pop shops and making a and I don't mean this in a negative way, but making a Walmart out of some of these home not even home improvement, but home repair businesses. They said that this wave of investment has minted a new class of millionaires around the country.
Speaker 1: Have you noticed I feel like it's kind of a racket. In recent years dealing with HVAC and heating and air, specifically plumbing. Maybe not plumbing as much, but heating and air. It seems like there's this pressure to do the monthly plan and you're under the umbrella if anything happened, and how often does that happen, and then to cancel it. It's a whole rigamar role. And it just seems like they're making more of a business off of these things as opposed to like when you grew up and you called John the plumber from three doors down and it came in with his ass crack.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very little, ass crack, very little.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen an ass crack in years. I mean on a plumber or a heating air guy accidentally, right right that that model though, of subscription.
Speaker 3: Service, if that's the right way to put it, maybe concierge's service another way to put.
Speaker 1: It just seems like a racket.
Speaker 2: It depends on how you do it.
Speaker 3: I mean the other way you'd financially, you're dropping you know what, forty bucks a month to subscribe to that thing. If you don't use him over the course of a year, that's five hundred bucks that you've believe I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And if you.
Speaker 3: Just put that five hundred bucks in your own bank account, so that when you did have to call John the plumber from down the street with his ass, then you have the money to pay him.
Speaker 1: The other thing is there's a high demand for you know, it's not like you can get them in. You know, you're you're calling around to get your your whole snaked and strain right drain snaked, and you're probably not going to get them in for a while. Uh. I, well, you you heard me on the phone. I did. I heard you say you needed to get your whole snaked.
Speaker 3: I called it during the news break at ten o'clock. Yeah they're there now.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's great service, fantastic service.
Speaker 1: Who is this tell you yet? No, I'm going to tell you.
Speaker 2: We'll see how it goes.
Speaker 3: But there are problems with that model of you know, you're relying on somebody to are relying on sort of that word of mouth, because in the event that something goes wrong, maybe you don't have the same sort of.
Speaker 2: Uh the recur recourse. Yes, you don't have the same recourse.
Speaker 3: You don't have the same avenues of getting it fixed if something goes wrong, or they're not licensed and bonded or they're not. You know, maybe because John down down the street with his thirty foot snake is not going to have the hundred foot snake that I need.
Speaker 1: My husband tends to like the people without the licenses. Well, like you're illegal. I mean not like in illegal, I mean like you're operating to the back of your own truck, right and you're going to charge a few hundred dollars less. Why not let's roll the dice.
Speaker 3: I've had electricians with less than less than stellar reviews who have come in and been the smartest people that I know.
Speaker 1: I tried to mess around with electricians just because they'll set your house on fire.
Speaker 3: That But your point also is that this isn't the way that you you used to do that. Like, my dad would never call anybody for any reason because there was a certain amount of logic to all of these types of things that you do to a house. We didn't have air conditioning growing up, but you know, obviously plumbing and electrical.
Speaker 2: He would figure it out.
Speaker 1: Your dad would get in there and snake that for you.
Speaker 3: No, he would call if he ever needed a snake. He had septic in the property that they have had. He's dead, did I tell you that. I told you that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the property where he last lived, how's that they had septic?
Speaker 2: He wouldn't touch it.
Speaker 3: He would not touch it at all because he didn't know anything about it, and that was not something he wanted to make a mistake on while figuring it out right.
Speaker 1: But if he had your plumbing situation, he could probably get in there and he would try it.
Speaker 2: But again, the snake I have is.
Speaker 1: Too short, then get a bigger snake.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to spend that much money on est How much is a snake for that size of a job? One hundred foot snake with self propelled and all that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: Too much?
Speaker 1: I bet he could borrow a snake that I could do, and I did think about that. But I'm also at work today, yep, not for that long. You're only here for another couple hours, I know. Let me remind you what your dad said to me, the last thing he said to me. I'm so proud of him, I'm so proud of them.
Speaker 2: Who when did he tell you that?
Speaker 1: At your mom's funeral?
Speaker 2: Good lord?
Speaker 1: Oh, anyway, I.
Speaker 3: Told you that they're both dead, right, and both of my parents passed away what's awful?
Speaker 1: Do you want to call my mom? I'm sure she would love to talk to you. I talked to her this morning. We were sharing stories.
Speaker 3: I told her the text that you sent me, because because you said you were like your mom by sending me the pictures of the mountain, and I did.
Speaker 1: I took like three different pictures of Mount Rainier, which are all the same picture.
Speaker 3: And I said, oh, Diane, let me tell you what else she wrote. You didn't intend to send it to me. You were sending it to your girlfriend. And I got a little I got a little like red in the face, like I'm sorry. I don't think she meant to send that to me. Sorry, Okay, up next swamp.
Speaker 1: Watch it just sometimes and you're laughing so hard, you pee a little bit and it happens again. I didn't tell anybody what you wrote.
Speaker 2: I told nobody.
Speaker 3: I showed my wife and that was it because I knew she would appreciate it and laughed and fell on the floor with laughter.
Speaker 2: But I didn't tell anybody what you wrote. You did? You did?
Speaker 5: You've been listening to the Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 3: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio ap