Speaker 1: Yea ripped off that news.
Speaker 2: So you don't have.
Speaker 3: Come running, suss as we can show the Shooter's gonna help coming man.
Speaker 4: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No, Tom Martinez, welcome, Welcome.
Speaker 5: My friends to the old show. If it's gad, We're here to solve problems, answer your questions, take complaints. We love helping you. In fact, to the tune and I mean this to the tune of over three hundred million dollars. Listen to that number. It's quite extraordinary. It's actually a lot more than that. There's a lot of stuff we just don't know how to put a monetary amount on. I mean, when you help people not get kicked out of their apartment, or you help people get rid of squatters, how do you put how do you put a price on that? We actually helped someone get a liver years ago. No, it wasn't was it a liver or a kidney kidney liver.
Speaker 6: It was a liver liver.
Speaker 5: It was a liver.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Ken, it was before you were here.
Speaker 5: I think it was a long time ago. We did a Facebook campaign along with the show and just found a donor. That was the problem. It was a hard match Doc, and I always wonder how that person's doing. Is it true, Doc, that a liver I heard you can like cut a liver in half, donate half of it to bail someone out, and then yours will grow back eventually back a little bit. But that's pretty phenomenal, it is, I mean, compared to most things. Can you imagine you you lost a hand and five years later your hands back. I think we're getting there, though, I think we are all right. Three oh three seven one three A two five five. You've been ripped off taking advantage of maybe a bad contractor maybe a bad landlord. Anybody you want to expose, we'd love to hear from you in studio with me today. I got deputy doc our guest, Brad O'Brien a Erney at lawlslaw dot com. Brad does anything, and I mean that he does anything commercial or residential when it comes to real estate. So if you're a landlord out there, you have questions, even just basic stuff on eviction. Maybe you're a tenant of a commercial property and you know you don't understand what the lease looks like. This guy knows it all. What's your number one call? Brad? What is the number one call you have been getting in say the last I don't know, six months.
Speaker 7: I think that most people should have a real estate attorney when they buy or sell real estate, but especially when they don't have a real estate broker, they need a helping hand and gag time. I can fill in the gap when there is no real estate broker.
Speaker 5: So you get a lot of those calls.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 5: The other thing we talked about a month ago when you were in studio is the new home contracts. People think they're just like the standard real estate contract when you're buying or selling a house in Colorado, and they couldn't be further from that. These contracts are one hundred percent for the person the drafted a meaning the builder. There is a lot of things in there. You might think you're buying a house, a new house, for six hundred and fifty thousand, and all of a sudden, come closing time, they hit you with another seventy five grand because building materials went up. We saw a lot of that during COVID. People don't know that, you.
Speaker 7: Know, humbuilder contracts have a lot of gotcha's, especially make it hard for you to get your earnest money. Back if you decide to not go through with it, really tough.
Speaker 5: To get your almost impossible the deal, right Yeah. And I mean like if you you know how long's it take to build a house a year, maybe a year and a half whatever it is a track home, standard home. And I'll tell you here's the problem that agreement. If it's delayed by a long time, you really have no recourse. You can't just get out of it and go find another house. On top of that, the price can go up. And the other thing is, let me tell you, when you do that final walkthrough and take the house, take acceptance of it, there's not much you can't go through nitpicking on stuff. I mean, everything would be covered by warranty. You can't refuse it at that point. I mean it's almost impossible to get out of it.
Speaker 7: Yeah. You normally only have a one year warranty and you have one opportunity to finally walk through. That's the only time. And you can really flag items that don't work, dwards that don't work, or cosmetic ideas.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you can't back out of it at that point, like a car deal.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And used to be these builder contracts, the worst you could do is lose your lose your earnest money if you didn't close. Now, what they're saying is that not only can you lose your earnest money, but they can go after you for damages in case the market prices declines, if they.
Speaker 5: End up selling the house for lesson they sold it to you. What is that liquid damages?
Speaker 7: Liquidated damages? Yeah, yeah, so I mean.
Speaker 5: Think about that, like all of a sudden, you lose your job, you can't qualify, you lose your earnest money, and the next thing you know, they're the builders coming after you for fifty grand because they had to sell the house at a discount. You really, if you if you're buying a home from these build please have the contract looked at there. They're very different. We had a condo in Colorado Springs. We had probably ten different callers call us up in a week's period. It was during COVID, and when their units finally got done, the whole building was being built. Everybody's condo was like seventy five thousand dollars more, and some of them simply couldn't qualify for it and they ended up giving it up. But the builder literally had other buyers lined up to pay the difference. So the people that actually funded the whole project, if you want to look at it that way, lost out. I mean, it's just not a cool thing whatsoever. So let's do this, Tracy. What is this update you have?
Speaker 9: Hey?
Speaker 5: Tracy, and I.
Speaker 2: Helped with this when Mark, Tracy, Hey, it's sus Can you tell them the original problem with the AT and T that you called about?
Speaker 10: Yes, happy to do so. I received two let her final notices in March from AT and T and Mark, I spoke with you back on the Thursday, April third, okay, And so what the situation was is they presented this letter an account number which I never it never belonged to me.
Speaker 5: Oh, Tracy, I remember this. You thought you parted ways one hundred percent In a period of time went by, and a collection company or AT and T themselves, I think it was a collection company was looking for what, Susanne, it was.
Speaker 6: A collection threat from AT and T.
Speaker 5: Yeah, looking for what was it like? One hundred and twenty five five hundred bucks one.
Speaker 10: Hundred and eighty dollars and cents and so. And when I would call the number on the letter, I could never get through to sue because it stated that was, you know, I needed to I don't know if the cell phone was old to some you know, to other AT and T partner. Well, anyway, it was just you know, and then the threat, the threat letter of sending me to collections with the potential of attorney's fees and all of that. Well, the my case was, you know, sent over to Suzanne and this was just this just took place on I sent her the email on Saturday to fifth.
Speaker 11: She emailed.
Speaker 10: Her party that she knows with AT and T. Just yesterday at six forty nine. I got a phone call yesterday evening at five point fifty nine from from AT and T by a gentleman by the name of George Mason. He was just so absolutely wonderful. So, mister Mason has cleared one hundred and eighty dollars and forty six cents from my account, bringing it to a zero balance.
Speaker 5: What did they actually say, What did he shed any light on?
Speaker 10: Why he surmised and what he thought it was was an old landline? Got it that I had had, but I haven't had a landline in sixteen years.
Speaker 5: Yeah, can you I can't even there's people out there listening going, what the hell's the landline right exactly? So it's got salved. So that was one of our angels. Who's in.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's one of our angels.
Speaker 2: And I'm super excited because I don't really get your dinger that much around here, so I'm excited to get that today.
Speaker 10: Well, and I know it's we're only speaking of one hundred and eighty dollars and forty six cents compared to most of your cases that are a lot.
Speaker 5: No, you'd be shocked and fetch you bring up something interesting. That dollar amount anywhere between, say one hundred and a thousand is really tough for the average person because you're not going to hire an attorney. A lot of people don't want to go through small claim scored. I'm not sure why, but I get it. It's a pain in the ass, especially if you're doing it the first time. But we're here to help with that too, not legally, but the different steps you take, but those are some of the hardest. If someone owes you legitimately and they have money twenty thousand, it's easy to go out and talk to an attorney and pay five hundred and six hundred bucks just to write a letter, but when it's one hundred dollars, it's like where do you turn to? And that's one of the things we do very well here, Tracy. I really appreciate that.
Speaker 10: Well, thank you so much. And again, I can't tell you how much this meant to me. And I'm just I'm just so relieved. I can't even tell you.
Speaker 6: Spread the word we're here to help, Tracy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, big time, big time, y'all. Thank you by You know what's funny about AT and T. I was looking at their stock the other day, Charles, I'll come to you after the break, I promise. We do have three lines, well, two lines open three zero three seven one three A two five five. If you need help, we can get directly involved three oh three Martino. But AT and T I was thinking about since she had an ATNT problem, I was thinking what stocks out there won't be affected as much by some of the tariff stuff, and AT and T is one of them that I dived into. People aren't going to give up their cell phones for a reason. They're just simply not gonna do it. In fact, the other day AT and T was one of the few that was up. I don't mean yesterday with that market run, but prior to that. So it's kind of funny thinking of different things. It wouldn't be affected people. It doesn't matter how much they cost. People are still gonna get It doesn't matter how much. And I'd almost argue that on a car, I don't care if it's new. We're used at some point. If you have to have a car, you're gonna pay for it. You have to have transportation. All right, three oho three Martino, We're gonna come back with an engine question and help you if you've got any needs three zero three seven one three talk.
Speaker 12: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five y five. You've been ripped off for taking advantage of I got Deputy Doc sitting here twiddling his thumbs. He's dying to sink his teeth into something. We also have Brad, the Brad O'Brien with us, who's an attorney at law. Anything commercial, anything, real estate. But right now we're gonna jump over to a question on a twenty ten Sierra. Hey, Charles, what is going on with this engine?
Speaker 13: Hey?
Speaker 14: What's going on?
Speaker 15: Engines?
Speaker 14: Fine? I just bought. I just bought it, has one hundred nine thousand miles on it, Happy with the vehicle, got a great deal on it.
Speaker 9: Cool.
Speaker 14: My question is, I didn't realize it came with the AMF from which goes from eight cylinders.
Speaker 9: To four cylinders.
Speaker 5: I hate that.
Speaker 14: And at one hundred thousand miles, he had that problem already with the lifters and had it had a new cam and had all new lifters and everything put in at the dealerships.
Speaker 9: So it's fixed.
Speaker 14: Engines great, And I mean my question is should I disable that system?
Speaker 5: Are you even able Wait a minute, are you even able to disable it?
Speaker 14: I think you can. There's ways of doing it where you can go in and you can either put something. Yes you can, but it's about my wheelhouse and I don't want to screw anything up.
Speaker 5: Well let's do it. I think what we do is let's ask Kevin Calkins, see if you can get Kevin on Kelly. It made me think of two things. One, if you could disable it by flashing the computer or somehow software do it telesoftware not to kick into it. I wonder if the shop would do that, because I think technically you're messing with emissions more than anything. So I don't even know if you're supposed to whether or not you should do it. I get it because that wasn't a problem.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 5: That would cause what most people would consider a early failure in the engine.
Speaker 14: Right right, And he's already had it. It's already happened once. So at one hundred thousand, you know he's got a new cam, new lifters and all that. Am I Is it a kicking time bomb? Or am I good for another one hundred thousand years?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 5: But today when when that guy had it redone, if you even know it, was there any kind of fix or kind of upgrade to where it shouldn't happen again?
Speaker 14: Well and again, I haven't had it on the computer. I don't know. I don't think so, because when you have a you can you can see going down the road that it goes from eight to four on the cash, you know what I mean. And again, maybe it's disconnected, maybe it's not.
Speaker 15: I don't know.
Speaker 16: It only happens kind.
Speaker 14: Of when you're just going down here a little bit, not giving it any gas, no load.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 14: And so I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Something I had, I had a you know, I had a car way back in the day. I think it was a Chrysler three hundred that did that same thing. It would go from eight down to four on the highway. It kind of drove me crazy.
Speaker 17: You can't tell.
Speaker 14: I can't tell that it does it at all.
Speaker 5: You just simply can't.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The other one is does that car also have Does it do it when it's sitting at a stoplight or no?
Speaker 14: No, no, no no.
Speaker 5: So as soon as you ask for the power, it's there.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 14: And I've got such a great deal on it that I could drive it for a couple of years and sell it for as much as I paid for it, Yeah, or give it to my son's fourteen and in two years. You know, he can drive it to and from.
Speaker 5: Yeah, hold on, let's I want to get Kevin or Jeff vick On or somebody. Let me put you back on hold. Let's get an expert up and ask if they can do that. I'm a little hesitant if a shop would do it. I think Kevin would tell you yeah, I mean, here's kind of how you do it, or where to find whatever, whatever the adapter is or the flashing of the computer. But I don't know if a shop would actually do that, because I think it is tampering with the missions altogether. You know, speaking of something. Did you guys hear this? We can actually get regular shower heads now, Brad O'Brien, did you see that the Obama era of water conservation in the shower is gone? I hate low flow shower heads, and I'm upset that we just had our master bathroom redone and the new ones were low flow and there's such a difference. Do you have any opinion on that it's gone though? Now? Well, of course not instantly, but as soon as the manufacturers start ramping up and making them, you can get a regular showerhead again.
Speaker 7: I think it had more of an effect on commercial like hotels.
Speaker 5: Hotels big time. In fact, I think if I owned a commercial property like a hotel, i'd probably want them because my water bill's going to be a lot less. But residential, I think it's crazy. And then they tried to do it with a didn't they do it with washing machines? I think they did it with virtually And I don't know. I don't know how you feel about that. I'm like, I think residential they should have never touched. But the commercial aspect I can almost dig and I would think most commercial places would probably rather do that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't know. I don't have a problem with with luflow works for me.
Speaker 5: None of that. Yeah, interesting all right? Three oh three seven, one, three eight, two five five. We have any updates, Deputy Doc? Anything going on in your realm?
Speaker 15: Just work on a couple of things, but nothing.
Speaker 5: What are you working on?
Speaker 15: Well, we've got Keith.
Speaker 18: A lot a problem with Adams County Building Department.
Speaker 15: We have Steve is.
Speaker 5: That the one that they wanted to insulate the entire path? Yeah or basement?
Speaker 17: Right?
Speaker 5: Where are we at on that?
Speaker 18: Well, he's going to get back to me. He's supposed to begin in touch with the building Department.
Speaker 5: He's trying to get a variant, right, all right, what's.
Speaker 15: The other Steve called?
Speaker 18: Yes, say remember about the uh, the SBAI. We had to remember they.
Speaker 5: SBA, this Small Business Administration.
Speaker 18: Yeah, he got screwed up and it took some money out and he was going to go to the Social Security Office.
Speaker 15: Oh and get back to me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they were taking He actually have an SBA loan at one point those right, so they might actually owe that money for all we know. Right, So the SBA is interesting. Back in the day, you could actually get an SBA loan that was from the Small Business Administration. Typically, now most of those loans are just guaranteed. So you go to a bank, you apply a bank that works with the SBA, and they just guarantee it. The SBA guarantees it for up to eighty percent. Generally it's just for property in some occasions equipment. But if you ever default to the bank and the SBA has to kick in with that guarantee, they will come after you and they have the ability to go through your Social Security check possibly if there was fraud, even retirement accounts and stuff like that. So it's a pretty interesting deal when you get an SBA long all right, three oh three seven one three Martino, everybody hold.
Speaker 12: Tight, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 19: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 12: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one.
Speaker 5: Help.
Speaker 12: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. I would love to sink our teeth into a problem or any question you have, especially on real estate. Brad O'Brien, We'll be asking you a lot of questions throughout the show. But I'm gonna bring Charles back up. He had a question on an engine, and I'm gonna I'm gonna bring our ex up. Jeff Vick, he's with Kimera Transmission and Jeff listen, man, this one's curious. You know those vehicles. I'm pretty sure, Mike Chrysler three hundred years ago. It had that HEMI in it, and I think when you're on the highway it goes from eight down to four cylinders. You know what I'm referring to.
Speaker 16: It's the act of fuel management or a displacement on demand.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So this guy's got a twenty ten Sierra and it does the same thing. He just bought it. The vehicles running really good right now. The guy he bought it from had to put a new engine in it at about one hundred thousand miles, Is that right, Charles, one hundred and ten. When was the engine put in?
Speaker 14: No, No, he didn't put a new engine. What he did was he had the cam and the lifters were placed in it. So I did have the problem that it was normally you know, and he had the cam and the lifters eight you know, new cam eight lifters.
Speaker 5: So let me ask you this first, Jeff, before I even get into his question. Is that normal for those engines? In other words, the the the point that it actually goes from eight to four. Can that cause the cam and the lifters having to be replaced?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 16: Yeah, they're actually known for it. If it's a pretty common repair.
Speaker 5: Okay, now, second question when it got repaired within the last year's say, or even six months, is when they repair it. If they did it properly, does the repair fix the issue to where another one hundred thousand miles you're not going to be doing the same thing.
Speaker 16: Most likely in another one hundred thousand miles you're going to be back in the same ship. You know, a lot of it's going to depend on, you know, the driver's habits and how often that active fuel management is actually you know, be activating cylinders.
Speaker 5: All right, So let me ask you his question now. Charles is saying, and I would assume there is a way. I don't know if you could flash the computer or put a tune up on it, but how would you stop it if you wanted to? And the follow up question is could a shop do it? Or is that tampering with emissions?
Speaker 16: Well, there's a lot of shops that have been doing it, uh, you know, deactivating as displacement on demand. But I've seen transmission shafts that do it because it actually also has detrimental effects to the transmission as well.
Speaker 5: Uh, is it something you would do?
Speaker 16: Because we've been receiving warnings the last couple of years, the EPA is looking at potentially going after shafts that are what they quote unquote are saying tampering with emission's controls.
Speaker 5: How hard is it to do? What is a procedure. I'm sure you've done one To do.
Speaker 16: It correctly, you would actually want to also replace the CAMON lifters with conventional style. But I mean you can get around it and just do appropriate, just do reprogramming to deactivate it.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 16: You know that does have some potential problems down the road in the event you have actuators that are something malfunctioning. Uh you know, they even have And I never recommend anybody, you know, putting anything inside the ROBD two uh port in order to change any programmers. There are some Yeah, there are some of those out there that uh you know, I know that like Summit and Jags and whatnot. You can get them what they plug in and they just don't allow it to activate. But so, yes, it can be done. We got away from it because simply they're warning themselves out there until they say that you have they're not coming after us for emissions. You know, we're not campering with that stuff.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 5: The other you know what it reminds me of, then, Charles, I'll let you ask him any questions. But it reminds me of those cars that when you come to a stop sign, they basically kill the engine all together. And my god, if you're running the AC, the AC starts blowing out if it's a long light. And I've asked you numerous times on the show, how do I stop that? And my favorite answer from you is you simply push the button to turn it off. But you can't. You can't set it to always be off. You always have to pach the button. He said, you put a paper clip in there to stick the button.
Speaker 16: Yeah, it's actually what a lot of people are using those bread clips that you get under bread bags. They snap those off, wedget in there and it keeps a button depressed.
Speaker 5: And that's it, because that's a pain in the ass with summer coming up. Now, my cars don't do that now, but they used to. Charles, you got any questions for Jeff.
Speaker 14: No, No, he pretty much answered it. I'm not messing with it, and it's already been changed at a you know, maybe I got a few more you know, mileage out of it.
Speaker 5: What would have been perfect is if the guy that did it, or if you have to redo it at some point, that'd be spectacular if you got another one hundred thousand off of it. But he should have done the different cams and the different lifters, and I guess that would have fixed it once and for all.
Speaker 17: Well, the dealer, I get it.
Speaker 14: So I'm the dealer is the one who did it. So I'm sure you know they did it, just suspect.
Speaker 5: Yeah, of course he did.
Speaker 14: But did this he paid almost seven thousand dollars.
Speaker 8: Wow?
Speaker 5: That done, by the way, Yeah, that's that's awesome.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 5: I went to sell. Hey, Jeff Vick Kimra transmission. This guy will save you a fortune out there. And I'm not kidding people. If you check at the dealer in his work is top notch. They rebuild everything right there, and you can reach Jeff at three oh three six nine three fourteen. I'm sorry, would you say?
Speaker 17: Hey?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Oh great, hold on, keep Jeff on. Hey, what's your question for Vick? While we have them on? And what's your name? My name is Robert, Hey, Robert.
Speaker 13: Anyway, So I'm getting ready by twenty fifteen mes on Ultimate that it's from my company. They're giving it to man a Rebot price. They replace the transmission in twenty three. So but the car, I mean, we've had plenty of these Nissans and they kind of start acting up, you know, like it doesn't want to start righting.
Speaker 15: Not this one.
Speaker 13: But I'm going to purs I want to purchase it.
Speaker 5: But are you asking whether or not you should purchase it or what's your question?
Speaker 13: No, my question is if kim A transmission can take that transmission, I'll see.
Speaker 17: If there's anything wrong with it.
Speaker 13: Hey, it's been replaced.
Speaker 17: It was replaced in twenty three.
Speaker 5: Hey, Robert, that's a great question, Jeff. We hear about pre purchased inspections. But since you're basically primarily just said transmission shop, what's the difference if someone has you check out to transmission compared to say like a good Year or firestoneer you know what breaks plus? I mean, what do you do different and how do you tell if it's a worthy transmission?
Speaker 16: Well, obviously go farther in depth. If we're seeing issues, you know, putting on pressure gauges, doing other checks that other places i e. Like you mentioned a good year of Firestone are not going to be equipped to actually do uh, you know, still like any other pre purchase inspection, that's just going to give us a snapshot of today. We can't predict a catastrophic failure, but we can let you know the general health of it as it looks today.
Speaker 5: What do you charge for something like that? And then a follow up would be depending of course on the transmission. Some of them they claim aren't serviceable. I realize that's a bunch of bs. But do you go in there and look for, like, say, I don't know, metal shavings to make sure something isn't messed up there? I'm sure you test the fluid, but I mean, really, if it's if it's driving and shifting good. We used to hear this, here's kind of where I'm going. I used to hear and I don't know if it's an old wives tale or what, but you could put like sawdust in a transmission that wasn't shifting right, and sure enough it would get rid of the symptom. But of course, you know, a month later it could be worthless. Is that true?
Speaker 16: More so for stix the shift had transmissions that were making noise, you might quiet them down for a little while. Of course, they've just come up and you've got a big failure on your hands. You know, other places and all sorts of stuff over the years. Snake oile, Like you say, coming out of a can, there's no such thing as a rebuilding a can. Yeah, you know, if it's broke, it's broke.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I love that. That's like my favorite back in the day when I had the good years, was I'd tell people they need a cat or something like that, and they'd say, well, I can go out to uh, you know, NAPA and buy a bottle of cat. What was it called guaranteed to pass because they'd have to pass emissions, so they sold the product. They probably still sell it. It literally says guaranteed to pass, and you dump it in the oil and I guess you're guaranteed to pass emissions. The problem is if you don't pass emissions, you got to go through eight hundred hoops to get your money back. So no one ever does it. You know, Hey, Robert, any other questions for Jeff. I'd bring it over to camera. Oh, I got one for him. How much do you charge for that, Jeff?
Speaker 16: That'd be one seventy five.
Speaker 5: I think it's well worth it. If that thing needs a transmission, Robert.
Speaker 17: Yeah, and uh, and it's a CVT transmission, and that's what my concern is.
Speaker 13: Yeah, like I said, they'll replace it in twenty three, But is that the only thing they take the transmissions or would they be able.
Speaker 17: To take the whole cart?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Do you give it a good eyeball like breaks? I mean, really for that one seventy five, Jeff, I mean, do you look at the whole thing or what I mean?
Speaker 16: We focused primarily on the transmission self, but if there's areas of concern, then we're definitely looking at him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he'll check it out for you. He's got to work for me. He's the good guy, Robert. On the transmission side, There's no doubt. I wouldn't bring it anywhere else. I mean, he's so to municipalities. They rebuild it there. Unlike most places. He can actually give you different options. I mean, if you're only going to keep the car for five or six thousand miles and you need a rebuild transmission, he's probably going to be able to save you money. So, I mean, it's just they're just great guys. I appreciate that. Jeff vic Kimmer Transmission three oh three six nine three fourteen hundred. We're going to take a break. Come back talk to Clint right after this.
Speaker 12: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 5: You don't pay a.
Speaker 19: Cent until you're contenth.
Speaker 12: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two three.
Speaker 5: Three seven one three A two five five. We've been talking a lot about car problems Tomorrow's Car Friday. But Tom was talking about this product. This was the craziest thing. So years ago in the nineties, he had this guy he met when he was on I want to say Channel seven or four at that point, and they went out to a track and they drained all the oil out of this car. And I'm talking to Brad O'Brien by the way, Dmitry, Deputy Doc. My beautiful wife, Suzanne they're all here today, so we'd love to hear from you. But here's the deal. They drained the oil out, and he did this as a news story, and then they, you know, put the cap back on and they pour less than I'm trying to think how to explain this. Not maybe a half a court maybe even less than a half a court of this product in there. No, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. One I got this mixed up. They poured it in before they drained the oil, and they drove it around the track just to get everything mixed together for about ten to fifteen minutes, whatever that looks like. Then they drained all the oil and they ran that same car around the track for like an hour. Remember there's no oil in it, no oil in it. So what this product did? It created like these little beads picture like little beads of water, but they were oil and they would stay there. So if you did lose oil for I think it was up to an hour, it was really remarkable the car would keep going. Under normal circumstances, you drain all the oil out of your car and drive around the track. Once that thing is going to seize up and you are stuck like Chuck. But sure enough, man, this product was out there. And I think the guy's name was Peter. Peter I heard. I was out of town, I heard you guys talking about it. So then remarkably, I hear you guys talking about it, and we were basically cleaning out our house. We had this roll off come out. So I'm going through the garage and I run into a case of this stuff and it's so f funny because it's got the old troubleshooter dot com sticker, which has not been around. Everything got moved from Troubleshooter to referral list because that's what it is twenty five years ago, and this actually had it. But I almost went into business with that guy years ago, but I think he died. He actually made it right down off of Santa Fe. He had this big warehouse and he literally would order in whatever recipe it was, and then he would mix it there. And he had a bottling machine there that was pretty impressive for the nineties. You would fill up the tank with the good stuff, you'd mix it up, and then it would self bottle. It was really cool. I'll bring one in now. I'd be terrified to try it. I don't even think i'd put it in a car these days. I don't know if it would screw it up.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's one of the questions I have for Kevin on card Day tomorrow, because I'm wondering how this kind of additive would affect the variable valve timing gear on the entire VVT I system that.
Speaker 5: Would avoid the warranty. I mean, just like that.
Speaker 9: And by the two inventors. I looked up the patent and the two inventors were named You probably remember these guys, Jack Jack Mac and Patrick Mack.
Speaker 5: Patrick Mack. I don't remember either of them. I remember a guy named Peter. He was definitely of Asian descent and he was a very smart guy. I don't know if he ended up buying it from those guys. But what was the product called? What does it say? I don't think you're you're looking.
Speaker 9: I'm looking at the patent and so I got the patent information and the attorney who filed that bought so Yeah, it could be. It was called CLM right, that's it.
Speaker 5: That's what's on that bottle.
Speaker 9: Yeah, And there were these little metallic components in this additive that provided a boundary film in between the metal components and agel that.
Speaker 5: Was for back then. I mean literally your oil could drain out. You're still driving this car for an hour? Hey, Clint, what's going on with you?
Speaker 17: Yeah? I bought a two thousand and six Ko Sorrento Kio Sorrento, and it was on his lot and he had to jump the thing to get it going, but he had put a battery in it that was barely holding a kind of charge, and uh, later on, so the check engine light wouldn't go off. And I've had nothing but troubles from the thing since then. I've spent five thousand dollars trying to get it.
Speaker 5: To five thousand. Like, wait, wait a second, I'm sorry, Clint. Let's let's kind of back up a little bit. When did the check engine light first come on?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 17: Probably about three days after the car was in my possession?
Speaker 5: So who'd you? How'd you get it? Was it passed down to you? Did you purchase it?
Speaker 17: What? I purchased it? Off with? Three D auto?
Speaker 5: Okay, so you bought you bought this and it looks like it's a two thousand and eight Sorrento at Kia Sorrento.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So three days afterwards? Was it driving okay? And the check engine like just came on? Yeah, I was ok And then what was the first diagnostic or the first trouble code that got pulled? I mean, did you bring it back to the dealer? How did you start down this road of spending five grand on this Oh wait Kia.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I took and took it to uh mechanic okay, And it was saying the crank shaft censor.
Speaker 5: Can you imagine buying a car and you hear the word crank shaft in the first three days. Hey, hold on a second, man, I promise I'll come back to your first after this break and hopefully we can help you out here. Clinton five thousand dollars. And my understanding is it sounds like you still.
Speaker 12: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing.
Speaker 19: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 12: Please time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one.
Speaker 5: Help.
Speaker 12: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine to zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 15: Ripped of.
Speaker 1: News, need advice, you don't have.
Speaker 3: Come running as fast as we can. Shooter's gonna help come man.
Speaker 4: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez, welcome my friends.
Speaker 5: To d O show.
Speaker 9: But it's gay.
Speaker 5: We're here to solve problems, answer your questions, take complaints. That's what we do. My name is Mark made. If your mister Martine is out and about today doing what he does, and we're here to help you to the tune of over three hundred million dollars cash, merchandise exchange his refunds. I also got Brad O'Brien in studio, attorney at law, Deputy Dimitri, Deputy Doc Suzan. We got Kelly and Shannon on the other side of the glass. We're all sitting here chomping at the bit. Where did that come from? Does anybody know where that came from? Chomping at the bit? I've been saying that.
Speaker 18: I think that it's probably what a horse is anxious to go.
Speaker 5: It's literally chomping at the back. The one I remember with racehorses, is I have got to I'll say it nicely, p like a racehorse on lea six. I guess if you give that drug to a horse, or probably a human for that matter. So you basically just did the water goes through you extremely quick, right, Mark?
Speaker 2: Yes, The phrase originates from the behavior of horses, which, when restrained by a bit may champer two on it impatiently.
Speaker 5: I love it, I love it. Hey, Clint said, that's yet. So that's exactly what you said, Doc. So Clint, Oh, by the way, three oh three seven one three eight two five five three h three Martino, we want to hear from you right now. Three zero three seven one three a two five five give us something to go after, man. So Clint buys a two thousand and eight Kia Sorrento. Three days, goes by, check engine light comes on, Hey, brings it to a shop. And what did the shop say? At first, Clint? They said something about the camshaft or the check engine light said something about the camshaft.
Speaker 17: Right, yeah, the camshaft sensor needed replaced.
Speaker 5: So what did you do? How much was that camshaft censor?
Speaker 17: Oh, that was about a fifteen hundred dollars job right.
Speaker 5: There, So fifteen hundred that sounds outrageous for a censor, for a camshaft censor, it was fifty. Is that all you had done?
Speaker 17: No? No, I had the crank shaft since or's done also, and then I've also I had of course oil change and all that good stuff in a alignment and you know, just different stuff.
Speaker 5: Okay, so two sensors, the crank and the cam and then basically had an oil change. Here you're fifteen hundred bucks in. I assume when you picked it up the check engine light was.
Speaker 17: Off, that's correct.
Speaker 5: And then when did it come back on? Because I am looking at my crystal ball.
Speaker 17: A couple of days later, it came back on, same code, replaced the same code. So I took it to a dealership because the original mechanic said, hey, you should take it to a dealer.
Speaker 5: No, wait a minute, So they sold you fifteen hundred bucks worth of goods purely based on the check engine light. And by the way, that camshafter crank sensor, big deal, that's what set it off. It might have set it off because the damn camshaft was at a whack or the crank was in other words, it didn't mean this the sensor was bad. The sensor could have very well been doing its job saying hey, something's messed up. But these guys charge you fifteen hundred bucks for these two things. They did nothing. Did you have that conversation with the original people?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 5: And what did they say?
Speaker 17: And they said something about this particular type of Kia having problems with oil gumming up in the top end of the engine.
Speaker 5: You're kind of missing me, though, Clint. What I'm saying is they sold you two things saying it would fix it. Is that correct or not? Or did they say, hey, we just want to throw this at it and see what happens.
Speaker 17: Well, they said this should fix the problem.
Speaker 5: Okay, and it didn't fix it. So did you have that conversation with them? I just spent fifteen hundred bucks and I have the same damn problem.
Speaker 17: You know, I really did. A few days later, that's when he suggested I take it to a dealership.
Speaker 5: Okay, what Kia dealer did you take it to?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 17: Oh, the Kia up and longman out there.
Speaker 5: All right, So you took it to the Kia dealership. Of course, you told them what happened at the other place. And what did they sell you?
Speaker 17: Well, they took and messed with some wiring harnesses, tore down the top end of the engine, looked at the timing, said it wasn't really off that much to cause any problems. And they wanted last time I took it, tom, they wanted to take off the tablet converter and looked in there and see you they're pretty good.
Speaker 5: How much how many miles are on this Kia to two thousand and eight?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 5: How many miles? Roughly?
Speaker 17: Well, let me look here, just roughly. I think it's seventy thousand miles.
Speaker 5: That's not you know what's amazing to me is he sorry? How many thirty six? First of all, I would never have bought it back then. Kia products sucked in two thousand and eight. I don't mind them now, But that's Sorrento. That thing had a lot of problems, just like you're finding out. But here's what I can't stand so far. And then we'll get into the dollars and cents. But my god, you had someone throw money at it and didn't fix it. You brought it to the dealer. It sounds like they have no idea what the hell they're doing? And I'll base that upon this. You just told me they were messing around with wiring harnesses. I assume that didn't fix it. Then they tore apart the top end or whatever you said they did to look down in it and said the timing was okay, So they probably pulled the timing cover. Then what did you say? The other thing they wanted.
Speaker 17: To do was, oh, I tear off the catalytic converter and looked in those.
Speaker 5: Then they want to check the cat to see if that's the problem. So did they check the cat? What did they come up with after looking at everything but the tire pressure?
Speaker 17: I haven't had it back for them with the look at the catalytic com.
Speaker 5: And how long has it been?
Speaker 17: We bought it about three months ago altogether, So how.
Speaker 5: Long has it been sitting there?
Speaker 17: Oh no, it wasn't sitting at the dealership. I had to take it. It was my best vehicle that goes down the road halfway decent.
Speaker 5: No, okay, so it's not there now you have it back yeh yeah, and the check engine light is still on and it still drives, okay, right, said why do we Okay? Let's get Kevin. Hey, Kelly, get on the air real quick. I know you tried to reach out to Kevin before. Is he gone? What's going on with him?
Speaker 10: He wasn't available earlier, but I think he might be a job.
Speaker 5: See if he can come on about this. If not, we'll get Jeff back on. But I because Kevin bought Lakewood Electric and these guys deal with everything, I'd like to talk to him. Clint. How much did you end up paying that dealership?
Speaker 17: We all together, I've spent five thousand on the whole thing.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, I understand the first fifteen hundred. How much of you spend at the dealership? To kiya do another another? I bet there's a third party? Go ahead?
Speaker 16: Almost third?
Speaker 17: Three grand?
Speaker 5: Three grand? So was that it is that the total? Or did you bring it to another shop?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 17: I didn't bring it to any other Well, so take it to another shop. But that guy said, hey, I wouldn't put any more money in it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's kind of where I was going. But I wanted to ask Kevin and get his opinion. But let me ask you this, what did they say after thirty five hundred dollars that you still have the exact same problem. What the hell did the dealership say. Did they send you down the road or what did they say?
Speaker 17: They said, well, let's we're not going to charge you pretty more diagnostics, but we want to look at the catalytic commerder. It's like, what in the world does that have to do with censors?
Speaker 5: Well, if it's plugged up, if it's plugged up, and we'll ask Kevin this, it can create different things. But so really, the only thing they charged you for was diagnostics, and they simply they simply had no fix.
Speaker 17: Ray. Well, yeah, they tried this and that. And the third thing, I.
Speaker 5: Am so sick and tired, especially dealerships. First of all, you pay out the ass. Let's just say what it is. You know what some of these places have two three, four hundred dollars an hour. Book great, think of that. It's like it's like an attorney. I mean really, And here's the problem. The people that are doing it a lot of times know nothing. You're talking about a kid that basically got some kind of I don't even know what he did. He went to votech he didn't work for the dealership. I mean, I'm not saying there's not great technicians. They're great ones. But someone that spends thirty five hundred dollars of this poor guy's money and he's got no answers, no fixes, and really no parts either, right, I mean that was all labor, Clint.
Speaker 17: No, we're no labor. They're the ones that did the crank show censor. They're the ones that they did that wiring, harness and all kinds of mine.
Speaker 5: None of it did anything right. You know what? What a piece of crap that dealership is. What is the name of that one? I'd love to get him on to understand how they justify charging this guy thirty five hundred bucks and literally he got nothing, He got nothing, he got nothing of value, he got nothing. His car does the exact same thing.
Speaker 9: So, Clint, is it my understanding then that after the dealership did all this work, they acknowledge that problems still exist with your Kia, but they don't know what the problems are or how to fix them. Is that kind of what this spoils down to?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Exactly, All right, hold on, we got to take this break. We're gonna come back and we're gonna get Kevin up to That was a great question to meet you and we'll let you finish that answer, Clint, but I got to stay on track. I start getting worked up because we just dealt with one I think it was a another Kia dealer. I think it was a rap A Ho Kia and I went down there personally. They spent this guy's money like it was nothing. And this guy was a hard work and stiff man. I mean he was a truck driver, works his ass off for his money, older guy, and they were sticking it to him. They were just throwing stuff at this vehicle and no one could figure it out. Finally, after they spend four or five thousand dollars of his money down there, they had to call in. Kia sent someone out and Kiya figured out what the problem was. Like that, so whoever was working on his car at a Rapo Kia sucked And I'm telling you these technicians now know nothing. And we're going to talk about that and a lot more after this.
Speaker 12: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 19: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 12: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five three oh three Martino. By the way, this hour brought to you by Pauldwatermanwaterpros dot net. He's got the best systems out there for a heck of a lot less money.
Speaker 9: In facts.
Speaker 5: Susan and I had ours put in what has it been, babe?
Speaker 6: It's been over a year now love it?
Speaker 5: Zero maintenance You basically add salt like maybe every six months. I was shocked. There's no maintenance really whatsoever. And Paul's an actual uh you know, master plumber and his people are great in the system. We saved at least at least one hundred percent. In fact, we paid I think like thirty eight hundred bucks for this whole house system, and I think the competition was over nine thousand. It wasn't even close. We got three or four bids like we always do. But if you need anything with water. Point of views, They've got a new system that does the water softening. On top of the water softening, it gets rid of forever chemicals in your entire house, all that plastic and he's going to throw in a point of use reverse osmosis right there at your kitchen. Sick. All that for under four thousand dollars. Competitions over twelve. Check them out a waterpros dot net. You got to mention the Troubleshooter show. All right, so we're talking to Clinton. We have an expert now, Kevin Cokin shared an auto tech. Hey Kevin, what's shaking bacon?
Speaker 8: What's going on?
Speaker 9: Hey?
Speaker 17: Man?
Speaker 5: Look forward to Well, actually I'm not going to see you tomorrow. We're Susan and I are running out of town. But you guys are gonna have a full house here. You guys are gonna have a good time. But listen, this one's curious. So first of all, I'm really upset with this Kia dealer. But yeah, so he buys an eight Kia and would you agree with me? In o waight Sorrento or pretty much anything Kia made in the in the early two thousands is junk or do you not agree with that?
Speaker 8: Yeah, depending on miles and everything else, they're using pretty war out. By the time you get.
Speaker 5: Him, they're beat the hell. He had one hundred and thirty one hundred and thirty six thousand, so he buys it. Three days later, check engine light comes on, he takes it to a shop. Hey, let me ask him. Let me lock you in. Hey, what was the name of that first shop you took it to? Clint?
Speaker 17: Oh, it was a big old tire.
Speaker 5: So well, hold on here. I'm a little confused on the sensors because you told me the dealership did the camshaft and the crank sensors.
Speaker 9: The independent did the two censors, is that correct for? And plus some miscellaneous stuff for fifteen hundred. Then they couldn't figure out what they're going on a lot.
Speaker 5: I think he changed the story though. Oh that's what I know.
Speaker 17: No, No, the first one did the alignment and the can shaft sensor. Okay, damn oil, change that whole thing.
Speaker 5: They thought the check engine light. Hold on, they thought the check engine light would be solved by the crank shaft sensor. Sure, yeah, okay, then then you know what I'm not gonna Okay, just forget about the first guy said, but he drops fifteen hundred bucks there leaves with the same problem. The check engine light comes back on. Kevin a couple of days later. I'm not going to get into the alignment and the other stuff. Whatever he paid for that, he got it, that's good. But he did pay. How much was the camshaft sensor just on there? The camshaft sensor?
Speaker 17: Oh well, the camshaft censor and diagnostic was another I think it was seventeen dollars.
Speaker 5: Now wait a second, wait, wait, wait, Clint, hold on, this is where I'm getting the first shot. Did the cam or the crank.
Speaker 17: The camscheff? I'm sorry?
Speaker 5: And how much was that one?
Speaker 17: That all was fifteen hundred dollars with all of that, I.
Speaker 5: Know that, but just the camshaft, how much was it?
Speaker 13: Do you know?
Speaker 17: Geez, I don't know how much that was. I don't have the papoence.
Speaker 5: Okay, then we're just gonna move on. So then he brings it over to the dealer because actually Kevin, he brings it back to that place because the check engine like comes back on, and they're like, well, I don't know what to tell you, you know, that's it. They don't give him a refund, they don't offer him anything besides this, you should go to the dealer. So then he goes to the dealer and the keya dealer basically tells him this, you need a crank shaft sensor. Correct, Clint. Yeah, So they do a crank shaft sensor. They mess with the wiring harness. I have no idea why they did that. And then they also wanted to pull the cat converter, and they charge him thirty five hundred, and he is in the exact same boat he was in at the very beginning. In other words, he's driving around in the car with the check engine light on, and now he's five thousand into it and still has the exact same freaking problem.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 5: So what do you make of all this? At this point? I tell them, and I think I'd like to hear your honest opinion. I tell them, if the car's driving, okay, I wouldn't put another nickel into it.
Speaker 8: No, I'd be tempted not to. But I mean, I can't see why they would put a harness on there if they didn't verify the issue.
Speaker 5: I'm not even saying they put a harness. Do you know if they actually replaced the harness, Clint, or did they just mess with the harness?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 17: They there was a harness that was spliced in, so they thought there might be some kind of problem there.
Speaker 5: But that didn't fix it at all.
Speaker 17: No, it didn't.
Speaker 5: Hey, Kevin, what would you do when you buy a harness from a dealer?
Speaker 7: You own it?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 8: Yeah, but before you go that far, you make your own jumpers and you basically temporarily replace the harness. You know, say you've got five feet of harness, I got you going one end to the other, and you put a jumper between the two. If your problem's gone, then you replace the harness.
Speaker 5: Then then you sell the customer the harness.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and then you guarantee it that I do the harness, your life's gonna go off. You don't just throw a harness at it for thirty five hundred instead. Gosh, I hope that works.
Speaker 5: So Clint, how much did they charge you for the harness part that didn't do anything?
Speaker 17: Oh, I'm not sure it was. It was about uh six, I believe six hundred or something.
Speaker 5: And then when it didn't fix it, did what did they say? Whoops?
Speaker 17: Well, they said, well, we're not gonna charge you for any more diagnostics, and we're gonna keep digging at this. But you know, like I said, they were going into the catalytic converter. Meanwhile, I've taken it to another chat that really my brother in law.
Speaker 5: And what they say, what they say.
Speaker 17: They said, I wouldn't yeah, except.
Speaker 5: That's that's what I said, and I agree with that at this point. What I'd like to do, though, is try to get you some of that damn money back from the dealer. What the hell's the name of this dealer?
Speaker 17: Well that was Lunglan Fowler.
Speaker 5: Why is that so familiar? Looked that up? Looked at up in our database, Susanne. I don't think Fowler. There's something about that name, and I don't know if it's a good bell or a bad bell, but we're gonna find out what it is, and let's try to get them on. Kelly. When you put whoever's on right now? Uh, basically, Clint, do you have who you dealt with down there, like the service manager or the service writer it was, there.
Speaker 17: Wasn't one in there that's in the service area.
Speaker 5: Well, what we're not going to call up and go, Hey, there's a woman there. Can we talk to her? I mean, do you have a name?
Speaker 9: What is it?
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, Clint one more time. I think Christine, Christine got I would have been so furious. Let me ask everybody at table. Brad O'Brien. You're an attorney, and I want you to kind of use your legal mind plus your rational mind.
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Are those different?
Speaker 8: Mark?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Okay, legal mind, rational mind.
Speaker 5: I think an attorney's mind is different than a rational mind. Yes, I do. Actually, so you drop your car off there? What would you do in this, poor guys circumstance? You drop it off for a problem the check engine lights on? Cars driving fine, but check engine lights on. You spend thirty five hundred dollars, They throw parts and labor at it and nothing fixes it. You have the same exact problem, but you're out thirty five hundred same exact problem.
Speaker 9: What would you do?
Speaker 5: Honestly?
Speaker 7: Take us somewhere else and get a second opinion, But.
Speaker 5: You wouldn't try to go after your thirty five hundred bucks.
Speaker 7: Well, it's the question, is is it reasonable under the circumstances?
Speaker 9: I don't.
Speaker 7: When you finally find out the answer, you'll know how difficult. Was it was it He's a fine, they just missed it, or was it super hard to find?
Speaker 5: You know what, that's a hell of a good insight, Derek, Kevin, would you what would you charge to figure out what's actually going on? Because Brad actually makes a good point. Is it possible that you would have no? I mean, Kevin, you already said you wouldn't have done this. You would have basically created a wiring harness, for example, to make sure that wasn't the problem. That's just how you did it. What they did is ordered one replaced it, and it didn't fix anything. They didn't even diagnose it. They just threw money at it, basically.
Speaker 8: Yeah, exactly, So that sucks.
Speaker 5: I mean, that really does suck. But how much for you to look at it and figure it out? I know it's an electrical possible. I don't know what the hell the problem is actually.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but it's probably you know, between three and five.
Speaker 5: Hundred to diagnose it. God, I don't know if i'd throw any more money at it. A two thousand and eight Kia with one hundred and thirty six thousand miles, I don't think i'd throw any more money at it.
Speaker 8: I mean Kevin trouble driving it.
Speaker 5: Well, that's where I go back to. But if it is the cat that could eventually get really plugged up, couldn't the cat actually cause that check engine light that would have a crank shaft or camshaft.
Speaker 8: That's a reach, that's a real reach.
Speaker 5: So you're thinking that's not even possible. Well, you know what I.
Speaker 8: Mean, not with driveability. I mean, if you're losing cat, you're losing power, you're losing other stuff. So he's not having driveability issues. I would not look at the cat at all.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they were saying, hey, we're going to start, I swear to god, I think they're just you know, throwing a dart into a manual and looking at whatever it lands on.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and we see way too much of that here.
Speaker 5: It's crazy, man. That's why these guys electrical problems. Well, everybody out there listening's heard this. Hey, Kelly, I'm going to put Clint on hold, and here's what I'd like to do. I'd like to call over to Fowler get a copy of his invoice sent to me. I mean, Dmitri, what would you do?
Speaker 9: Well, you know, let me back up just one moment before we before we make a you know, we accused follower of throwing the firing the parts cannon at this car. This car, I predict has page after page of problems. Maybe, And it sounds like I heard Clint say that that part of the wiring harness was replaced because it had been altered by a previous owner or something.
Speaker 5: They spliced in something.
Speaker 9: Now, something was spliced in.
Speaker 5: But generally, if you ever wrote it, for example, get in there and shoot through a wire, You're not going to buy a new harness. You're gonna simply repair that, right, Kevin.
Speaker 8: Well, we do. But the dealer doesn't repair harnesses, they replace her.
Speaker 5: Well okay, I mean, but when they do replace them and sell you one, I mean really, Dimitri, I don't even know where you're going on this. Just on the wiring harness. They told him it needed one, according to Clint. Let's let's verify Clint. They said you needed a wiring harness, right, yeah, yeah, okay, that's all I wanted to hear.
Speaker 9: I think the context of that sentence is this, Hey, among all these other problems, you should also get this wiring harness replaced. They probably found many pages of problems with this car.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but none of them fixed it.
Speaker 9: Well, no, but it doesn't mean that those parts didn't need to be fixed.
Speaker 5: Generally, we agree on stuff. I couldn't disagree more on this wiring harness. They sold him something that didn't fix anything he's there for. Yeah, they could have sold them. They could have sold him freaking snow tires. At this point, that still has nothing to do with fixing his check engine problem.
Speaker 9: The primary reason I went in that direction is that I'm questioning how Clint presented this card to them. Clint, and no offense to Clint. He's having some kind of difficulty telling us the details of all of these transactions.
Speaker 5: Clinton, how did you when you brought it to Fowler? When you brought it to Fowler, what did you say to him? And even better, yet, what does the invoice say or the work order? Does it say check engine lights?
Speaker 20: On?
Speaker 9: The invoice will state what's called a customer complaint? Yeah, that's it, what is said them?
Speaker 21: Yeah?
Speaker 17: My complaint was.
Speaker 5: No, hold on, do you have the invoice, Clint?
Speaker 17: I don't not in front of me.
Speaker 5: When can you get it to us? I don't care if it's tomorrow. We have car day tomorrow we're gonna have all these guys in. I want to dig into this, I really do. I'm honest to God do and I do want to understand from Falor why they sold that to you and it did nothing. I want to understand from Falor why you drop thirty five hundred dollars and it did nothing? I really do. What other parts did they sell you besides the wiring harness?
Speaker 17: Oh there was the censor that was.
Speaker 13: But what okay?
Speaker 5: And that didn't fix it? What did they say when that didn't fix it?
Speaker 17: Well, we're gonna have to look more.
Speaker 5: See, I don't like the way they do business for the life of me. Here, we're gonna try this, but it's going to cost you a thousand bucks. Did they when they sold it to you? Did they tell you that's gonna fix it?
Speaker 22: They?
Speaker 17: They didn't sell me the car to begin with the biggest problem was the guy that that sold it to me in the beginning. Uh had a bad battery in it so that light wouldn't go off.
Speaker 5: Well, so what does that have to do for God's sake with Fowler?
Speaker 17: Well, nothing except that I took it there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know that, But what does the battery have to do with anything we're talking about. You mean when you bought the car when you wait, wait, Clint, you're telling me when you bought the car from the original dealer you had to jump start it. Yes, well they.
Speaker 17: Did, but it would start after that every time. But what's happening with it was that the battery was bad enough to where that light would not initialize for you.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I can't believe you went to pick a car up and it wouldn't start and they had to jump start it and you still purchased it. I need to see the invoice from Fowler. The only thing I see to go after here is Fowler. That's it. That's the one I'm upset about. If you were there, Oh my god, Clint. If you were there to buy the vehicle at a dealership and they have to jump start it, and then I just I don't know what to say. They should have thrown a damn battery in it. Dave, you're up next, Clint. Get that information to Kelly. I want to reach out. We need the work order and we're going to dig into this tomorrow, man, I mean, really, the only avenue. In fact, I'm going to ask him one more time. I'm running so late, but I got to ask you this, Clint, what would you like from us? What would you like me to do?
Speaker 17: Well? I was going to try and get with your original dealer and tell them, Hey, look I need my money.
Speaker 5: Not gonna happen.
Speaker 12: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 19: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 12: Time for an insurance check up, free obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: All right, three O three seven one three eight two five five Dave? What is your question? On dashcams? And Jackie? You're going to be up next. She's got a problem landlord tenant. Good day to call. We got Brad O'Brien, attorney a lion. Hey, Dave, what's going on?
Speaker 8: Good morning?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 22: I have a twenty nineteen four f one fifty platinum I want to put the dashcam in and I've been reviewing different things about dash cam love them. One thing I'm looking for is a shop type to put in a dash cam.
Speaker 16: Kind of concerned that somebody.
Speaker 22: To go to booger up the trim and stuff, trying to hide the wirings. So well, you know, if a body shop would be better that I would go.
Speaker 15: To car Toys.
Speaker 18: I was gonna say, mine done there and it's totally invisible.
Speaker 6: You don't think Kevin Colkin wish.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that.
Speaker 15: Now, go to cart Toys if you have one near you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, car toys. Do they make you buy the product there?
Speaker 15: Though I don't know.
Speaker 18: I bought the product there because they had the best feels.
Speaker 5: I would see. I would make sure on that. And let me just talk about I agree one hundred percent with Doc. Don't bring it to like a good Year or Firestone. There's some places over in Montbello back in the day I would use for that stuff, and my goodness, I don't even know if they're still there. But I found a little independent there that could wire anything, and he always did a great job for me. New car stereo radios, you know, fancy ones including putting the base in the back, all that stuff some of my customers wanted. So there is some independence that are pretty good. There was one in mont Bellow, Ice where I just don't remember the name. But Car Toys, for sure they do a good job and if they screw something up, you know they're gonna get it fixed for you. But when it comes to this, listen, man, make sure you get one that if there's any kind of impact, it's got that gyro to where it can go back ten seconds. I would also get one that's got a front a rear in two side cams. The sidecams are on the front unit unit and they'll point out your windows that way if someone t bones, you have it all on video. But that little gyro or whatever it's called is really important because if it moves, it knows there's an accident and it can go back in time ten twenty seconds, so you actually see prior to the accident. You know what I'm saying, Dave.
Speaker 16: Yep, that makes perfect sense.
Speaker 8: I didn't think of that.
Speaker 22: That's great.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're cool as hell. The other thing they'll do listen to this. There's ones now that'll have a sensor on it. If someone gets very close to your car, like walking by it, and like let's say they key your car. We've all seen the Tesla videos out there. They call it century on Tesla's. If anything's within six seven inches of your car, it doesn't care if it touches it or not. It'll do a century event. And that's why every time we look at the news from these guys that own Tesla's. That's how all these videos are out there, because the Tesla will go back ten seconds prior to someone being close and capture the video and then create a sensory event. So you want a cam that does all that because it's just great. I mean, that's the bottom line.
Speaker 22: Yeah, I did want to put in the parking mode, which brought up another question. Is there a device you need to install in between the battery or the fuse box and the camera to make sure you're better you don't drain down too far.
Speaker 5: Well, that's a car toys question. I'll tell you in real life what I think. I don't know how much energy some of these fancy cams use. I can tell you this A regular cam that hasn't awake sensor. In other words, when you're parked it'll what we just talked about. It does not eat a lot, meaning you probably you could probably not start that car for a week and not have a problem. But the fancier it is, the more energy it's going to take. And you just that's a car toys question or an installation question. Maybe they can actually I wonder if some of them actually have their own battery in, why not have a good one with a lithium built in? That's good? Mine?
Speaker 9: Does it actually has two built in capacitors?
Speaker 5: How long does it take to go dead?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 9: It takes about after you shut off. The camera shuts itself off after thirty seconds and then there is no more power to that particular circuit, which is why I put the camera on a circuit that's shut off when I take the key out. Got it. But it does have an impact sensor within the camera, so when it records an impact event on a bumper, it uses its internal power. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I like that, so, Dave, really, if it does have an internal lithium battery or something that that's good, it's really not going to make any difference because it shuts off, it uses a battery when it needs to. Then when you turn the car back on. It charges a battery back up. So but once again car toy questions. Man, I think it all depends on the equipment.
Speaker 22: Well, I appreciate it.
Speaker 5: You got it, Suzanne. We had years ago. I think we had a stereo put in a car toys at the mall for the Durango.
Speaker 2: Actually we ended up going to an independent shop in the Colorado Springs for that.
Speaker 5: Oh we did. Yeah, you bought me.
Speaker 6: This like you know, boom.
Speaker 2: Baser thing and a big speakers and went down there and had him put all that in if I remember right.
Speaker 5: So I buy her a brand new Kia Mini Van. Yeah, worst hit I ever took.
Speaker 15: A true soccer mom car.
Speaker 5: That's true soccer mom car, brand new surpriser. Listen, never surprise your wife with a new car unless if she's looked at it. Hold tight, Jackie, you're up next.
Speaker 12: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 19: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 12: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation in comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two three.
Speaker 5: Three seven one three eight two five five little backstory here. Anytime Dmitri's in studio and we have an attorney in like today we have Brad O'Brien. In fact, we're gonna go to Jackie. She's got a landlord tenant issue and we're gonna help her out with that. But I'm right up against the hours. Why I'm uh diverting a little bit. But Dmitri actually sued a company for sending them unsolicited text sex message. What company was it? Can you say?
Speaker 9: Or not yet? It's it's an active case.
Speaker 5: That's fine. But it's a actual Is it a store front? Is it like a business office?
Speaker 9: Oh, it's a real company. So it's a real company that's based here. It does Colorado. No, this particular one is in a different states to Denver County court. Oh that's a different case, Mark, Well.
Speaker 5: How much what were you doing with this one?
Speaker 9: Which one the local?
Speaker 5: My god, he's got like twelve cases going six the one for five hundred dollars. I just heard you talk.
Speaker 9: To a local that's a local company.
Speaker 5: And what did they do?
Speaker 9: They sent me a spam text message.
Speaker 5: Got it? So you're going after them for five hundred bucks.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's the statutory damages under the color open.
Speaker 5: We're going to talk about that next hour. Two Jackie, I promise, I promise you'll be upfront or up first. So and we got Brad O'Brien's going to help you there. So listen, here's the deal. Three oh three Mark go.
Speaker 12: With a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent till you're contentha time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 16: Ripped of.
Speaker 6: News so you don't have.
Speaker 2: Run anxious. As fast as we can.
Speaker 3: Show Shooter's gonna help come man.
Speaker 5: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez, All right, folks, three oh three seventy one, three eight two five five, that's the only number you need to get justice. We bring it to you right here every day, day in and day out. Or of course, on our YouTube channel you type in Troubleshooter Network. You can also find our I think it's one of the top downloaded podcast in the entire iHeart scene, No Kidd, like fifty thousand plus, so you could listen to us that way. Of course, on the iHeart app, you could make k how your favorite and you'll always find us. And of course I'll say it. I think, hey dragon, if someone's listening on the iHeart app after the show, not the live show, first of all, they can do that right or.
Speaker 23: Definitely you can listen to the live show right now then the iHeart app.
Speaker 5: No, but can you listen to yesterday's show in the iHeart podcast that's podcast only.
Speaker 23: And you can even favorite the podcast on the new iHeart app redesign.
Speaker 8: You pick your own favorite station.
Speaker 9: It's not only k How, but the Trollshooter Network show.
Speaker 5: Oh No Kidd and it'll send like reminders and stuff.
Speaker 23: You can set it automatically download so you're don't have to worry about it. So come two o'clock to thirty boos, already on your phone, ready to go.
Speaker 5: Did you know we were one of the top downloaded in the country much. It's absolutely insane, man, I think because we don't dive too much into politics. You know, I'm not saying we don't get into political issues. I mean during the election and stuff. I mean, whatever it happens, but in general we try not to.
Speaker 9: All right, three h.
Speaker 5: Three, But I will say this. I can't stand our mayor. I'm going to start off by saying that, and I'm going to tell everybody why. I almost think they're suppressing stabbings.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 5: I think more stabbings happen than I think Nine News even Fox thirty one. I don't think they're reporting a lot of crime. And I'll tell you what. He asks for a lot of money to rejuvenate to sixteenth Street Mall, and the place is still a hell hole. He asks for a lot of money to get rid of homeless or to take care of the homeless problem, or the undocumented or whatever it's referred to these days. People without a home, I don't know what they call them now.
Speaker 9: People experiencing homelessness, thank you, people experiencing lack of a green card and that whatever.
Speaker 5: I will say this really us taxpayers threw a lot of money that you, Mike, and all the problems you're still there. But the sixteenth Street Mall, we used to go downtown all the time, Susanne.
Speaker 6: We miss it.
Speaker 5: We love going down there. It's a hell hole. Now I have good.
Speaker 9: News for you, Mark. So I live literally one block away from the sixteenth Street mallet. N Oh boy, I saw a change. You remember that weirdo that stabbed and murdered two people, Yeah, like three months ago. Yeah, things have changed. There are cops everywhere. My motorcycles are back, I like, and what I really like, and I'm there almost every day. I kind of walk around a little bit to go get some coffee one of.
Speaker 5: Those shady guys walking around down there.
Speaker 9: And keep the summer I swords strapped in my back. Seven. Well they're What I really like about what the cops are doing now is they actually park on the mall with their lights on, not blinking, just solid. You know what you're making me feel better and the normal people are back.
Speaker 5: They are the zombies are gone.
Speaker 9: Yeah, the cops are definitely doing a great job cleaning this up. And then I saw on the news a couple of weeks ago Denver assigned ten more cops to work. Specifically, he's really doing so, I don't know if it's him doing it. Well, the police department can also do their right, he hires a police department. No, I agree, So there's well.
Speaker 5: I'll give credit when credits to my god. If it's really like that, we'll go down. Well, i'll tell you what, go this weekend. Well, we're in Vegas this weekend. We will go in the next couple of weeks. Maybe we'll go down and see a show.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what, we have to go down for those pictures in a week.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we are going to be down there right in front of the Capitol, yes or no, in front of the federal Hey, hey, ten circuit court, Bradley O'Brien, there's a tent circuit compared to like not the Mayor's office. But I mean, what do I know down there? I mean the regular Denver County courthouse is the federal courthouse right there. Basically, no No.
Speaker 7: It's a few blocks away, but it's all right north side of downtown.
Speaker 13: Ok.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they're not that close. So there are three federal courthouses and they're on nineteen.
Speaker 2: Which one are we going to susan the tenth Circuit to call the Colorado tenth Circuit Court?
Speaker 5: I know I'm not saying that right If anybody out there can guess I will get I will give them, uh two free tickets to either a Rockies games, what Mark hold on or a Nuggets game. I don't think I'll be able to do abs right now, but I'll get two free tickets to something good. But you got to guess why why we're going for pictures? Dan and I are going to the courthouse for pictures because yeah, we're getting married. Yeah, thirty two years ago.
Speaker 13: All right?
Speaker 5: Three oh three seven one three A two five five. Hey, Jackie, this sounds important. What is going on with this property?
Speaker 11: I have a tenant that is terrorizing the building, doing criminal acts, and nothing can be done in the city of New York because that's just the way that it's just.
Speaker 5: At New York City. Where is it?
Speaker 11: It's New York City. That's all I want to say right now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you know what I mean, Brad does not practice law in New York. Did I know of Brad?
Speaker 7: No, I don't.
Speaker 5: And I know New York somewhat like Colorado is very tenant friendly.
Speaker 15: Hey, I'll get my uncle Guido, he's in New York.
Speaker 5: Yeah, take care of the problem that Guido might. But Jackie added curiosity, let's pick let's pick Brad's brain and pretend maybe it's happening here. But how many how big is this building? What do you own?
Speaker 11: It's a two family it's a two family building, so it's two floors and the problem is on the first floor. But it's affecting everyone that's in the building, the super.
Speaker 5: Well, when you say everybody that's in the building, it's only two two different tenants.
Speaker 11: Right, Well, I normally have them share it. So there's like two people upstairs and there's two people in the first place.
Speaker 5: Okay, so what is the one person doing? Give me an idea what's going on here?
Speaker 11: Well, one person is doing like menacing, criminal mischief, menacing.
Speaker 5: Has he actually received tickets for this or is he is there any charges he's up against?
Speaker 11: Well, the police will not do anything about it, so there's.
Speaker 5: No there's no proof. But when they when you say they won't do anything about it, you're you're getting all this third hand. I assume, right, you're getting it from the other tenants. No.
Speaker 11: I tried to call the police myself. I've had the super try to go in and file. They've changed everything with the system in New York so you're not allowed to come in and file a report or a complaint. You have to call the police, and they take like five hours to get out to you. By the time they get out to you, they say, oh, well, we have to catch the person in the act. Well the person is long gone. They won't even come into the building. They're saying, no, this is the landlord tenant issue, so go to the landlord tenant court. Landlord tenant court takes like eight months.
Speaker 18: Age.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you got to start it at some point. Let me, Hey, Brat O'Brien. I know it's hard to, you know, pretend this is going down in Colorado, but I assume things like this happen in Denver, especially like during COVID. There might be some issues, some tenant going nuts, and basically the cops don't want to do much about it because we're in the middle of COVID and you can't even evict people or start anything during COVID. So I guess what I'm kind of asking you is, what can someone do when you have one tenant creating issues for multiple other tenants and the police won't write them a ticket? I mean, what can you do?
Speaker 7: Well, first of all, I do recommend the Jackie contact New York real estate attorney because landlord tenant law is very date specific. If this were in Colorado, she's done the right thing, which is to call the police first if there's a police issue, and if they won't do anything, then it's unfortunately going to be a civil issue.
Speaker 9: Yep.
Speaker 7: Now Here in Colorado we have a extpedited way to avict somebody who's been a problem with a menace violence. It's called the substantial Violation Statute. So if if it's drug related or it's violence, there's a way to terminate their tendency on a three day notice.
Speaker 5: Go into a little more depth on that once again, though, Jackie, we're talking Colorado, but New York must have something similar, you'd hope. But so if I find out, for example, they're using my house as a meth lab, I can actually get rid of them in three days if I can prove that point, Brad.
Speaker 7: Yeah, here in Colorado.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then like give me a violence one, Like if there's a domestic altercation between not okay, between my tenants, I can get them both kicked out, or at least the one that did it.
Speaker 7: Well to here in Colorado says, if this tenant substantially endangers the property of the landlord of any cotenant, or the landlord themselves, then the landlord can invoke this quick eviction statue.
Speaker 5: And how does that work? So you or the person themselves, or an attorney like you would basically go to the court and file emotion for that exact thing.
Speaker 7: No, you'd give a three day notice to quit based on the substantial violation statute. But inevitably it probably will turn into a court case because you've got to prove it. You'll have to prove to the judge that there was in fact something so substantial that it's met the statute.
Speaker 5: So, but how do you, like you put the three day notice on. Let's say this woman, this guy punch somebody.
Speaker 7: Out there, right, that's a good one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So they punch somebody out there, so you I guess I don't understand this. You post a notice of the three days and then if they don't want to leave, what the sheriff just ultimately comes out? Or how does that.
Speaker 7: Look on day four? If they're still there, then that's when you can file your court complain for eviction.
Speaker 9: Got it?
Speaker 5: And then how long does that take with the court?
Speaker 7: Well, that's the normal process, which could be two to four weeks.
Speaker 5: So really they might not be out of there in three days, correct, God, it's so crazy.
Speaker 7: It's a whole lot quicker than evicting somebody who didn't pay the rent.
Speaker 5: Wha is way quicker? Jackie, I don't know. I mean, really, you've got a contact and attorney there. What were you helping we could do? Just give you some advice on it.
Speaker 11: I'm trying to figure out a way to get her out because right now she is a naked and always that's a crime, but the police won't do anything. She is defecating on the stairs and urinate in spewing.
Speaker 5: Is there any video of this? I mean, is she a drug addict? What the hell's wrong with her?
Speaker 11: A drug addict? She's trying to live in the house for free and launch clean.
Speaker 5: So she's a squatter.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so I'm like being stringed.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, brad Well.
Speaker 7: It sounds like a mental health issue where you might be able to get her committed through the county or state medical authorities where.
Speaker 11: They could just pick it if you can't do it without going to the police and the police.
Speaker 5: Okay, first of all, Jackie, listen, I I don't I The crime in New York City sucks. It absolutely sucks. But I want to say this. I have a hard time believing police show up and the woman is naked, using the bathroom anywhere she plans to use it and just strung out, just crazy, and they do nothing. I find that very hard to believe because.
Speaker 11: They can't catch her in the act by the time.
Speaker 5: Why can't someone take a video? Why don't you put a camera up there?
Speaker 11: The camera's there. They don't want to speak to me to get the footage because they so you've got wait.
Speaker 5: A minute, you've got footage of this woman doing what? What footage do you have.
Speaker 11: Of her out in the hallways naked at first?
Speaker 5: Okay, I'll tell you that. I'm going to tell you something. I'm gonna help you out, Jackie. I really am I want that footage, and what we're gonna do with that footage, I'm gonna get Dmitri involved, and he's going to reach out to whatever listen, whatever precinct that is. I don't care if we're sitting in Colorado, if she's got footage of some wacko taking a crap in the middle of the hallway, buck naked. I'm telling you right now, we will get the cops to do something. I mean, do you doubt that at all?
Speaker 9: Dmitri h In fact, I would wager twenty bucks that the cops want to have an answer our call.
Speaker 5: No way, no way, no way, then I'll call myself.
Speaker 9: No, I want to do it.
Speaker 5: Okay, when can you get us that footage? Jackie.
Speaker 11: I could get it to you, except for the fact that she has threatened me that if if I release that footage.
Speaker 5: Well I'm not I don't care if she threatens you.
Speaker 24: You're not even there.
Speaker 5: You're not even there. She sounds like a nut. You want to get rid of her. I mean, get us that footage, and we're gonna dig in if I got to. If we've got to reach out to the damn precinct every freaking day for the next week just to get Listen, I've got lots of ideas how we can make this happen, honest to God, but I got to have something to give them. Yeah, where are you? Where is this like? Brooklyn? What borough?
Speaker 13: What?
Speaker 8: I want to say?
Speaker 24: The borough?
Speaker 21: I want to say the borough?
Speaker 5: Is it in New York City?
Speaker 23: Though?
Speaker 17: New York City?
Speaker 5: Okay, listen, are you going to get us a video or not? If you want help really to get her out, you send me a video of what you're describing. I will do everything in my power to get her out. Okay, it's in your court. I'm putting you on hold. I mean, honest to God. Now listen, if this was Colorado in downtown Denver, Brad O'Brien, attorney at law olslaw dot com. You know more about evictions than anybody I know, anybody I know from both sides. That's what's remarkable too. You know, the tenant and the landlord's side, like the back of your hand. Can you imagine in a hundred years if I sent something to Denver Denver Police Department of some wacko running around doing what we've discussed bear naked, that they wouldn't do something.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think you'd get a good response here in Denver.
Speaker 5: I can't imagine you would in New York City because I'll tell you what. I'll tell you what. I know someone I can send that to at a national news source, and I think I can make the thing go viral. I think if I can literally prove New York City isn't doing anything and she literally has this video of this wacko, I bet you anything, I can get that on one of those TVs up there, no kidding more.
Speaker 12: After this, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. Could comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: All right, three oh three seven one three A two five five three zero three Martino, don't forget Frank Duran, the real estate man, My man, Frank, you want to make the most money on your house when you sell it, you call Frank, excuse me, mad to cough. In fact, Frank sells more homes listen to this in one month for more money than most Colorado realators literally literally literally sell in over a year for more money. Frank Duran Holmes dot com. I use them, Tom uses them. Everybody in this place uses them. In fact, epity doc. You use Frank, didn't you? Or no? Oh you a new condo you bought right from the builder? I forget, Yeah, I bought the build up.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Who was it that used Frank? It was God. I don't know. We've had like everybody here using But anyhow, three O three seven one three A two five five, I'll let you know when the line's open. I'm going to go back to Jackie. I'm going to go back to Jackie in one second. But Allen's got a guess for me, And the question was, and it'll either be like two Rockies tickets, two Nuggets tickets, whatever I can come up with. I'll come up with some tickets. And why Suzanne and I are going to get pictures done at the tenth what is it to tenth Circuit? What is it?
Speaker 2: I think that's what it is, called the tenth Circuit Court in downtown the Supreme Court.
Speaker 6: Does Brad? Does that sound right?
Speaker 2: Am I saying that right?
Speaker 5: Is it the tenth Circuit? Yeah, it's the Federal courthouse downtown in Denver. So we're getting pictures taken there. And I said, if you can guess why, I know we're going to hear it all to get your mug shot updated. Maybe could be it, but I'm not going to answer, So go ahead, Alan, what do you say? What's your guest?
Speaker 24: Sir?
Speaker 14: Well, my guess is you're going down to get your passport pictures.
Speaker 5: A damn good guess, but you're wrong. Thanks for trying. That is incorrect. Three oh three seven one three A two five five Gilbert. I'll see what your guest is in a second. But I got to finish up with Jackie. Jackie. Here's the deal. The short and suite of it is, Kelly said, you want to send us the video, but but but but but so tell me tell me what you would like to do at this point.
Speaker 11: I do, I do want help, but it's just that the tenants they're kind of like professional tenants. Sure, So they orchestrated a story and her doing the things that she's doing is for the purpose of substantiating her story, which I found out later on is not really legitimate.
Speaker 5: Okay, what what I got to understand this story that she's trying to substain and she ate where she gets naked and uses a bathroom all over the hall. So what story does that help with?
Speaker 11: So she was sharing the bathroom in the kitchen with the roommate and they came up with a situation where they had an interpersonal issue whereby one roommate locked out the other. Okay, while I was trying to solve that problem, I couldn't solve the problem, and it escalated to the point where she was calling the city building department down on me and saying that I did not rent out the place properly. Okay, given that I still have thirty days to correct it. If it was not rented out properly, whereby both people could be on one lease and they couldn't be on the same lease because one was long term and one was short term. So I offered to pay for housing and hotel for her, and I've been doing that for months, and she will not go to the places to have that.
Speaker 5: So Jackie, I've got to ask this question again, and maybe I didn't ask you right the first time. What does that have to do with her running around in the hallways in between the two units or wherever. She is completely naked and defecating everywhere, and you have that on video. I don't understand what any of it has to do. What I can help with is if you actually send a video like that and it's what you're describing, I will get it to the right people in New York City, the right borough and try to get her taken out of there because she's a looney to.
Speaker 11: Okay, she's just using that as her reasoning.
Speaker 5: Her reasoning. What would she possibly be using that for your honor? You cannot evict me because I run around naked? What do you mean? I don't understand what you're saying.
Speaker 9: It sounds like Jackie thinks that the crazy lady has some sort of an end goal in mind, and to that end, she's defecating in the hallway. So Jackie, what is this crazy lady actually trying to achieve? Can you summarize that for us?
Speaker 11: Yeah, she's blackmailing me and extorting, trying to start money out of me.
Speaker 21: So we've okay, I've.
Speaker 5: Also okay, listen, I'm not even gonna let you go on because I don't understand this. And I'll say it again. What does that have to do? She's trying to extort you by getting naked and crapping everywhere? That that what? How is that extortion? She's a nut? Okay, seriously, Jackie, how was he? I'm just frustrated. I don't understand what you're saying. No one in their right mind. Okay, I'm gonna I'm gonna blackmail you, Dmitri. And here's how I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna strip down naked right now and go over there, and I'm blackmailing you. What what? What?
Speaker 13: What?
Speaker 5: What does that even make sense? This is Jackie, You're not even making sense. Here's where I'm gonna put it. And I'd love to help you, but I've got to have the proof you're talking about, and then we'll help you. But for the for God's can, let's find missing something from anybody out there, anybody listening to this insane conversation? How is Jackie getting blackmailed? By a person that is doing what we're talking about.
Speaker 9: Jackie, could you answer that question in just two sentences?
Speaker 11: Go ahead, Jackie, because she's trying to say I rented out with property improperly, so that's what she's us himself.
Speaker 5: Okay, Bradley O'Brien, you have helped landlords of vic tennants in Colorado forever in a day. Have you ever in your life had a landlord come to you and say I have a tenant that is stripping down naked, defecating all over the floors, trying to blackmail me.
Speaker 7: No, not once.
Speaker 5: It's never happened. Are you sure? Do you need to go through your files? So does it make any sense to you? I've asked Dmitri. Dmitri will generally have something, let's add nothing. Does this conversation make any sense to you?
Speaker 7: That's a novel concept. It's almost like negligent entrustment or negligent hiring, where you're blaming the business for hiring somebody that they shouldn't hire. So it sounds like the idea here is that these tenants are trying to blame the landlord for renting to somebody that she shouldn't have rented to and.
Speaker 5: Then they're trying to blame her by getting naked and doing it.
Speaker 7: That she should have done a mental check on the rental application.
Speaker 18: You know, if she rents to Drew, she won't have that problem because he can't go number two.
Speaker 5: You know what, that might be the funniest thing I have ever heard from Doc Doc I can number that was pretty dang good. Gilbert and Scott hold on, we got two lines open three oh three seven one three eight two five five, Jackie, I'm done on air with you, but honestly, you send us over that video. I promise we will help you get rid of that nut, whether she's blackmailing you or not.
Speaker 12: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: R three oh three seven one three eight two five five. You know, we handle it all here if you really think about it, if we do get to have video, first of all, we do want to help her, no kidding, but I was just getting a little frustrated there. I'm just gonna kind of let that be in the uh mirror now. Three oh three seven one three a two five five. I do want to tell you about I think people can tell I'm cheating. My screen went down, so I got to launch it again. I do these commercials. We call them in house meeting when we come back from I talk about these companies real quick, and I had to see which one it is. I'm kind of pulling my dress up. That sounds weird. Clear Skirt, I'm pulling my skirt up. One Clear Choice Doors. That's who I'm gonna talk about. Let me tell you why I've personally used them numerous times. In fact, they came out put in this beautiful new belt driven, beautiful new and more importantly quiet belt driven garage door opener. At the time, I spend two hundred and ninety nine bucks. I know there are a few bucks more now, but think about that you got that old one with the chain that rattles. Oh my god, it'll drive you crazy. The dog's here every time something. Someone opens a garage and starts barking. You get these new ones. You can hear anything. On top of that, if you need a new garage door. These guys have it all. They have got the most beautiful stuff, and they got showrooms from one end of the front range to the other one Clear Choice Doors dot Com. Now we're going to go back to the phones, and we have someone else that's got a guest for us, and basically the one I'll say it real quick, and then we're going to go to a question on cash events. I'm not sure what that means in an issue with an engine off road. I think I've heard of off road automotive. Is that the follow up you were talking about Susannah, she's a teacher.
Speaker 6: But yeah, let's do a guest Mark.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're gonna ask so Suzanne and I in the next couple of weeks or next almost Yeah, the next couple of weeks are going to be downtown Denver getting pictures taken in front of the tenth Circuit.
Speaker 6: Let's just call it the Federal courthouse.
Speaker 5: Federal Courthouse. That's what we'll call it from here out. And let's see who's been holding the longest. Gilbert, what is the guest, sir?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I got two things for you.
Speaker 5: You get one, brother, No, No, I have something different. Oh what do you got? Gilbert? Go ahead. I can't go number two anymore. It's true.
Speaker 17: Wait, I have I'm okay.
Speaker 5: Now do you do you? Gilbert? You listened to the show long enough to.
Speaker 9: Know what that is.
Speaker 8: Yes, I do, Drew, Drew, I just.
Speaker 5: Got to say this because you just made me think of something. You know, how many people are probably driving down the road they hear me scream at some auto shop or some contractor. Then the next thing they know, they're hearing I'm trying to trigger Dragon. They're here.
Speaker 17: Number two anymore.
Speaker 5: So this guy called in literally he's from New York or New Jersey actually, and he wants to sue a pharmacist because the pharmacist didn't tell him not to take a certain medication and he took it and he no longer.
Speaker 17: I can't go number two anymore.
Speaker 5: And that was a real call. And if you're lucky enough to call into the show, and we try to help you. Uh, and you're if you're lucky enough to get yourself played back every day day for the rest of your life, maybe you two can be happy. Gilbert, what's your guests sir?
Speaker 22: Oh, you're going to do a promo for a for advertisement for another state.
Speaker 6: Courthouse.
Speaker 5: No, sir, No, sir, no, sir, you can free that up for Gilbert. Here's the deal, folks, Suzanna and I are getting pictures taken in front of the Federal Courthouse in Denver a week from this Saturday. And why if you listen to the show long enough, you'll probably have a good idea why but nobody so far, And you will get two tickets. I don't know to what yet, but it'll be probably either a Rockies game or a Nuggets game, possibly an Avalanche game. A game, you'll get tickets.
Speaker 18: I think it's because you've had the most frivolous lawsuits in small claims court.
Speaker 5: Well, they're not frivolous. I've won on every single one of them, Doc. Everyone, I have never filed a small claims suit, not once, and didn't get what I wanted. Now have we gone to court? Most of them know we settled way before the courte Sometimes we settle at mediation, but not one time have I not got what I asked for? Stephanie, I'll go to your guests in a minute. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five, Scott, what's going on with.
Speaker 8: You entertaining my call?
Speaker 9: What's up?
Speaker 20: So?
Speaker 24: I've been to a couple of events recently, one at the ball Arena and another one at the Denver Coliseum. And when I go to the consulsion area to get my drink or food, they have a policy of credit cards only NI cash. They sure do, and I'm really trying my best to get away from using credit cards. And my understanding was there's a state law that says that there's a person there who could take your credit card. They're also supposed to take cash.
Speaker 5: I don't think that. I don't think there is a law that says that, oh there is, Well, then how do they do it?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 5: Are they exempt because they're the city in county or something?
Speaker 9: I would take a look at that law and see see what the facilities are exempt from that.
Speaker 5: Well, Okay, there might be exemptions because you're a city in county. Fine, but I can tell you right now whether it comes to parking anywhere, well, not anywhere, I guess. Really. The only examples I can use right now is parking a ball arena or parking at the Broncos Stadium mile High. Both of them don't take cash anymore, and I'll tell you why, because the employees rip them off. They don't want the employees taking cash. They want an audit trail. They're not going to be able to grab your credit card and steal from you easily, or steal from the employer easily like cash. Now, the other thing I'm sure you can do. How about like Apple Play, Apple Pay or Venmo. Do they accept that stuff?
Speaker 20: Oh?
Speaker 14: I don't know.
Speaker 5: And then Scott, Scott, I understand you want to wean off credit cards to where you were going with that, but the theft is the issue. But how about just a debit card echoes rate from your bank account?
Speaker 24: It could be either nty fees associated. No, I don't know. I guess my my angle is my understanding was at least hurting. The rumor point of view is that it was a state law of some kind. I don't know if there's some exempted entities that would be interesting.
Speaker 5: Well, I guarantee there are because the PEPSI center is not going to get away with it. I'll tell you the other one. Colorado does a DMV AD drives me insane. So you're not allowed to give a cash discount. Did you guys know that if you take credit cards in the state of Colorado, you're not allowed to give a cash discount. So, in other words, you know, we'll take two percent off your bill if you pay by cash. You're not allowed to do it, okay, And you're not allowed to charge an extra fee on a credit card. But if you go but if you go to DMV, they can charge an extra fee because they're exempt from it. That drives meat Hods. I mean, it's crazy, That's that's our life. We got to take a break. Brian tim Evan hold on.
Speaker 12: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 19: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 12: Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, rits need advis so you don't have to.
Speaker 22: Come.
Speaker 6: Run in US as.
Speaker 5: Fast as you can.
Speaker 3: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 5: Come man, This is the Troubleshooter Show. No, I'm Martinez, and we welcome my friends to the only show of its guide. We're here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints, make your life a little bit better. Maybe you've been ripped off by a contractor. You've got a landlord or tenant issue right now. Bradley o'brienols Law, dot Coms and Studio with us anything commercial, anything, residential, real estate. This guy can help. There's no doubt about it. Brad. We love when you're in. What's the biggest call you've been getting later lately? I know we talked about landlords and going over the leases, making sure they're okay. But Dimitri asked you an interesting question. Are you seeing an uptick in foreclosures? And you said, yeah, your business has seen an uptick.
Speaker 7: Yes. I do both transactions, helping people buy and sell and do leasing up. But I also do disputes involving real estate. So I do go to court, and so whenever where the economy is at, you know, strong transactions, I'm busy. If it goes the other way. I'm doing a lot of foreclosures, mechanicans, o everything, other kinds of litigation of other real estate.
Speaker 5: I love it. Man, It's it's pretty crazy. How many people do something very basic, like even by a house, and they don't have an attorney look it over. They think, well, you know what if they have a realtor. I guess that's one thing. I still would personally have an attorney look things over, especially when it comes to disclosure statements and stuff like that. But how many people never do that? I mean commercial property. I think a lot of people do. But if you go to New York, did you know this? You probably know this. You have to use an attorney for real estate.
Speaker 7: Yeah, some states there's attorneys on both sides of every deal, even the tiniest deals New York, South Carolina, Illinois. But in Colorado people don't for some reason use the attorneys unless it's of a certain size, maybe a million dollar residential purchasing up.
Speaker 5: You know what's weird is why is that from east coast to west coast it seems to get more liberal. I mean, is there a reasoning for that.
Speaker 7: Well, there's certain states that are known as attorney title states where that's just and they're protective. So in South Carolina.
Speaker 5: It's just been that way forever.
Speaker 7: They actually have laws that say you have to have an attorney on real estate transaction. And in South Carolina they actually close them not a title companies, but in attorney offices. But we're not an attorney title state here in Colorado.
Speaker 5: You know, we had a crazy one. This guy calls up, Oh, get hey, Diane, call back. I promise I'll go to you. I can get Joe Lazaron, our criminal defense attorney. I can get him on to help you, Diane. But you got a call back. That's my fault. I let you sit a little too long. But that looked like a very serious problem. The grandkid apparently got caught with a gun at school. I mean, that's like crazy, But we know the right person to call. But we had this one guy. The title company. They went through closing, but because it was late on Friday, they couldn't wire the money. So the weekend goes by the closing happened. I mean, everybody exchanged keys whatever on the house. The bank for whatever reason, didn't like something. The woman took possession of the house. She goes to the house and the water heater had frozen. That's what happened, and it needed a water heater. And she goes, no, no, no, I went out of this deal. Remember they already went through closing. But sure enough, ultimately the title company knew the lender and they reversed the money back to the lender. The guy's now suing them for a quarter million dollars. Can you imagine if you could go back after closing, then then the real question would be when is closing, who owns the house? I think we called you up on that one.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that was a while ago.
Speaker 17: You know.
Speaker 7: There is a type of claim called attorney excuse me, a closing agent mail practice. The closing agent stopped a deal that shouldn't have been stopped. It might be the title company closing agent who maybe it felt there.
Speaker 5: I think it is. In fact, that's who they're suing is the title company's insurance, which is funny because they're the insurance. I mean, it's got a nuts like that. All right, we have two lines open three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Evan, what's going on with you?
Speaker 20: Sorry?
Speaker 5: Hey, cut out? Sorry, no, no problem. What's going on?
Speaker 20: Well, I we talked last week, and I don't think things got taken care of like they were said they were going to. And I'm getting two different stories from the dealership and the service contract company.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my kids, let's kind of recap what happened here. Who was working on this or or are they the ones that came on air?
Speaker 16: No?
Speaker 20: I asked, because I didn't know if I like, I don't know what to do, and my dad was like, you need to call this guy and.
Speaker 5: He will help you know, Evan, let let's let's start with the original problem. What was the original problem? I need to be reminded. Go ahead.
Speaker 20: Well, the original problem was we took our we've had, we bought this truck and we took it in and the it needs a new engine, and the service contract company the claim for the new engine. Yeah, why they deny it the lift because as a three inch lift and aftermarket.
Speaker 5: Tires on it. So we did have these people on. In fact, I want to tell everybody this story real quick. This poor woman bought a vehicle from this company, and on top of that, she bought a service contract for what was it, thirty five hundred bucks? Yes, and I remember the place was in Fort Lupton, but I don't remember the name of it. What was the name of it?
Speaker 20: From off Road Automotive?
Speaker 5: Off Road Automotive, you bought the that's who you bought it from, right, Yes, so you bought the service contract. How long did it take to figure out it needs an engine? It was pretty quick?
Speaker 20: Well, in December that's when we originally took it in.
Speaker 5: And then now, I mean, and they did some work on it. Hold on, you're testing my memory here. They did some work on it, and the company, the warranty company, actually paid for that work.
Speaker 21: Right, so that.
Speaker 20: As that's what he said, but that's not actually happened.
Speaker 2: Yet.
Speaker 20: They did work on it, and then a week later we had to take it back. And then the dealership told me that their shop, they're like personal mechanics, didn't have time to do it. So they recommended us to a new mechanic shop. We took it to them and.
Speaker 5: That company and that and that shop said you need an engine, period end of story. And they ran it through your aftermarket warranty that you purchased with the vehicle, and basically it got declined because the vehicle had been modified and the lift was put on it.
Speaker 20: Yes, and yes.
Speaker 5: Then I had him on the air. Who was the guy's name? I had on what is his name?
Speaker 20: You had Jordan on the air and he is the the financed guy.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So Jordan comes on the air from off Road Automotive and Fort Collins and said, we're working with the warranty company and we're going to get this fixed for And that was only a couple of weeks ago, right.
Speaker 20: It was last week?
Speaker 5: And then what happened? Where are they at now? He literally came on the air and said we're going to get dishandled what's the update?
Speaker 19: Yes, so he.
Speaker 20: Came or he didn't actually call me back. I called him on Monday in the afternoon after where I got off work and I was like, hey, like what's going on?
Speaker 21: And he was like, oh, sorry, that's right.
Speaker 20: I was like, what's going on? And he was like you basically he said that what it sat on the Nile lender about the lift and the aftermarket at Tires, that that wasn't actually true and that's not why they actually denied it. They denied it because of negligence and because we submitted two creams, and that we should go ahead and just do the first approved claim for the lift or the camshaft and the head gaskets and fix that first, because mechanics that he knows looked at the pictures that I sent.
Speaker 5: Okay, hold on, hold on, hold on.
Speaker 20: That should fix the whole goblem.
Speaker 5: I thought they already did that work. You're saying they never did that work because it was never approved. I thought I thought they literally did that.
Speaker 20: You know, they never did that that was approved in segues.
Speaker 5: Okay, hold on, hold on, So are you Evan? Evan, are you saying this to me now? They just want to do the first thing because the warranty company thinks that work will fix the problem and it does not need a new engine.
Speaker 13: No.
Speaker 20: So it's confusing because that's what the dealership is telling me, But the service contract company is telling you something else.
Speaker 5: So they're telling you they're avoiding it because of the lift.
Speaker 20: Yes, and they so they said, after we submitted the first claim for the they approved it without seeing the truck. Okay, yeah, So then they said then my mechanic com back said, okay, I started it, I realized that it needs a new engine, and they're like, okay, perfect, submit the claim. We'll send an inspector out and then we'll go like we'll go from we'll go that route. As soon as the inspector saw the vehicle, he said, yes, it needs a new engine, but we can't approve it because of the tires and the We got to.
Speaker 5: Get this guy back on. Hold on, we got to get this guy back on. They sold her a vehicle with a three inch lift. I don't know what's correct at this point. I don't know if the warranty is saying we're not gonna pay it because the vehicle was modified with that three inch lift, and honestly, a three inch lift should have no taxing on that engine whatsoever. In other words, it's a total out. They might on paper be able to do it, but it's a total out. But what that's not what the dealer that sold her the vehicles saying, and the warranty he's basically saying, because you have two claims open, they think it's fraud. We got to do one at a time. I mean, this whole thing doesn't make sense, Kelly. Let's get that guy back on from off road to Automotive right after this.
Speaker 12: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 19: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 12: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comp call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one.
Speaker 5: Help.
Speaker 12: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two all.
Speaker 5: Right, three O three seven one three A two five five. Here's the deal, Kelly, you reached over to off Road Automotive. Would you find out? So Jordan is actually off today, So I'm going.
Speaker 10: To try to uh get with him tomorrow.
Speaker 5: You're supposed to be back at work tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Correct.
Speaker 5: I'm hoping he comes back on because I don't want to lose faith in this guy. This guy from off Road Automotive came on. Evan called it a week ago or two weeks ago, whatever it was, very recently, and the bottom line is this. I'm going to recap this very quickly. She bought a vehicle. How long did you own the vehicle, Evan.
Speaker 11: Before it broke down?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: A month?
Speaker 5: So one month later it needs an engine. And basically, she bought a warranty in the warranty company. Regardless of the reasoning, it doesn't even matter. Now she's hearing multiple stories from the warranty company. You heard direct from them. It's because of the lift, right, yeah and there, yes, Yeah, that's all I care about. So they're saying because this vehicle had a lift. Now listen, when she purchased the vehicle, it had a lift. When she purchased it from this shop off Road Automotive. Not only did it have a lift, but they sold her a warranty that apparently isn't going to cover anything because it had a lift. They should have known better, period, end of story. They should have known better if that's the case. But the people over at off Road Automotive are saying a different story. And quite frankly, I don't understand why the warranty company would lie to Evan on the reason they declined it. But the people over at Off Road Automotive are saying what Evan, they denied it due.
Speaker 20: To negligence and submitting multiple claims.
Speaker 5: Now, see, here's what's crazy to me. Tmitri. You follow these cases like I do. You're thinking everything going on around here. If you talk to the warranty company that literally would pay it and they're saying we declined it because of this, and Evan, you literally heard that from an employee of the warranty company. Correct the did you get hold on very direct questions? Did you get some form of denial letter from them?
Speaker 18: Yes?
Speaker 5: And what does a denial letter say?
Speaker 20: It's you want specifics?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I do. Actually, no, that's fine. Do you tell me you interrupted me when you have it pulled up? Here's where I'm going with this. So, for the life of me, if she has a denial letter saying it's because of the lift, I don't care what the dealers telling her. I just don't give a crap because the old only person not paying that should be paying is going to be that warranty company and they're saying we're not paying this repair because of this the lift. I don't care. If the people that sell it go ahead read it, okay, it.
Speaker 20: Says Unfortunately most advise that your policy does not extend coverage for this loss because your policy states as follows on page six under exclusion number seven misuse or abuse, negligence, modification, alteration, tampering, disconnection, and proper adjustment to repair the insallation of parts not you click.
Speaker 15: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 5: I don't need any more modification.
Speaker 9: Yes, it's not negligence, it's nice. Yes, it's modifications.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a big time exclusion, and I think they have a valid argument. Here's the problem. The dealer off road Automotive, they promised me they were going to get this handled through the warranty company because they sell a lot of them, and if they did it get it covered through the warranty company, they were going to make it right by either letting you out of the deal or giving you the full value of what you paid towards another vehicle without any monkey business. And that last part's the most important because there's a lot of dealers out there that go, oh, well, we're going to trade her out of it. All that means is we're going to kick her in the face and take more money from her. And that is not going to be acceptable to me whatsoever. In this circumstance, Evan, We're going to try to get these folks on the phone tomorrow because he's not working and I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt because I'm that kind of guy. Kelly, make sure we reach out Intomitri. Please update Martino on this entire call tomorrow.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'll be working with him and I'll brief him on this prior to the call from the dealership.
Speaker 5: And I'm hoping that guy is aces again and comes back on and says that part didn't work out. Here's what we're working on now. But meantime, this poor woman hasn't had a vehicle. She only had it a month, And I would argue this in fact, tomorrow, I want you to argue my point. Even if you have a different one, you can argue yours as well. But here's where I'm coming from. She bought this vehicle thinking anything that happened to it is gonna be covered. It turns out it's not. There is no warranty on this vehicle. They sold her a piece of paper that's worthless. Not only should she get her thirty five hundred dollars back with no one blinking, that should just be handed to her, she should be allowed out of the deal because she's got a vehicle she thought would be covered. If anything happens and it turns out she's got a vehicle nothing's covered, I think she should be one hundred percent let out of the deal. I think the Automotive Board should get involved. I think we should do only only and I'm going down the bad the bad outcome. I think we should do free commercials for off road automotive. Either way, if they do handle it, we do good stuff for them.
Speaker 9: No, I think that's a really great approach, and especially when you consider that the purchase that one of the key conditions of the purchase was that she thought she was buying a vehicle that's covered by this warranty, which she paid for that warranty. That it's my argument so refinding her the purchase price of the warranty is not enough.
Speaker 21: No, because now.
Speaker 5: He's twenty grand on the car that's dead.
Speaker 9: Well, and it's also doesn't address the top this issue, which is the only reason she bought that vehicle is because she could also purchase a companion warranty for it.
Speaker 5: I want to bring our attorney in Brad O'Brien Brad. I know you don't get into it's not even Lemon law. Lemon laws for new stuff. But if you go in and you purchase something, I don't care if it's a VCR boy at my dating myself, I don't care if it's a USB stick, I don't care what it is. And they try to sell you the extended warranty. Hell, if you buy a blender at Walmart, they want to sell you the two dollars extended warranty. When you buy that warranty. A lot of people that buy warranties, and you might be one of them. It gives you that peace of mind. You might not buy something if it only has a one day warranty, but you might buy something if it's going to be covered for a year. So you walk in, you buy some thing, you buy the extended warranty, and you think you're going to be good for the covered stuff for whatever, a year, thirty six thousand miles, whatever we're talking about, whatever it looks like. But then you find out that that warranty isn't valid on that product at all. My argument is they should undeal the total deal because I might not have purchased that the only reason I purchased it is because it had a warranty. What do you think of that as far as a legal argument.
Speaker 7: Well, you first have to look at the actual warranty document. It sounds like a classic breach of warranty claim, but you have to actually say what is the warranty. Many warranties say that here's what it covers, and by here's what you're giving up. So it might say that without looking at it, that you give up any claims to the purchase of the car in the first place, that your only remedy is to the is for what the day warranty says.
Speaker 5: But the dealer that sold her the car and the warranty represented that this warranty will cover that car and charged her thirty five hundred dollars for that extended warranty. What she found out was because that vehicle was modified with a lift kit, that the warranty is no good from day one. She literally never had a warranty because the vehicle was modified.
Speaker 7: Okay, well, so she might have an alternative type of claim instead of reaching warranty. Maybe a misrepresentation claim, that's what I like. Maybe a fraud claim, yes, maybe a consumer protection Act violation claim.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's just amazing. I mean, do you understand at least where I'm coming from that if I buy something that's represented with the three year, thirty six thousand mile warranty, these things are covered, but it turns out it doesn't cover the product you sold me. I mean, it's an absurdity. And that's exactly what I think these guys did. Now, I don't think they did it on purpose. And the second thing is the warranty companies being sleazy, but they all are. They do have an out for modificas this three inch modification, in my opinion, would not have anything to do with the engine blowing. It's got nothing to do with it. It's not like they built Bigfoot and they're trying to run Bigfoot on a straight six or something that The reality is, I don't think the two are even the same. But it doesn't matter because the warranty says any modifications.
Speaker 7: Well, that's a bad fact.
Speaker 5: It's a bad fact. Can we get I want to get John Fuller on. After the break, Brad and I were talking about something very interesting. I promise I'll get to the phones too, But we were talking about something very interesting. He said, Mark, I heard you in that John Fuller spot say that he negotiated the bills down. How did he do that? And I told him the numbers and there it's crazy. And I'm gonna get John on and we're gonna pick his brain because you guys ended up in the exact same hospital that we did. And the bills are crazy, aren't they. Yep, it's absolutely crazy. So Adeline and our daughter got reared on I twenty five. She had a cat scan, an MRI and I guess just the emergency physician charges whatever they are, the er charges, all of it was well over thirty thousand dollars well over. John went through the entire case, got us the maximum payoffs. He got us I think it was fifty thousand, seventy five. Whatever the insurance company could pay out, we got every dime. And then he went to Skyridge the hospital and negotiated that thirty three thousand dollars down to less than less than seven grand. And maybe he'll remember when we have him on. And what was interesting is Brad said, how can they do that? Because you would think most of us would think whatever you actually paid would be the damages.
Speaker 13: Right.
Speaker 5: So Therefore, if he negotiated and I'm down to that, we would have to give back some of that money or whatever that looks like. But I'm going to have him explain after this, because really I didn't know any of that up till John Fuller in jan You hold tight, You'll be up next.
Speaker 12: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 19: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 12: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two all.
Speaker 5: Right three o three seven one three eight two five five Denver regen Man. Have I lost a lot of weight? In fact, funny story this morning, I'm putting on this shirt, literally this shirt I'm wearing right now, and it's a extra large. I've worn extra large for my god about a year, maybe a year and a half and I'm one of these guys like, by the time December's over, I put on thirty pounds. I'm not kidding, it's just the way it is October, November, December.
Speaker 9: It's cold.
Speaker 5: I'm eating a lot of pizza. Love the cow zones. You get the idea drinking some beer, the heavy IPAs putting the weight on. Then I want to start losing it. So what I used to do is like literally pretty much fast, no carbs. But all I would do is think of food. That's it. Man. Each day was miserable. So I wanted to try this new weight loss. So I called up our friends at Denver Regent. Less than three hundred bucks a month. I've been on this stuff. I've lost over thirty pounds. I'm coming up on thirty five. I got about ten more to go. But this morning, to go back to it. I get dressed and I asked Suzanne, I said, does this look okay on me? It just doesn't feel right? And what did you say? Honestly, Well, you're.
Speaker 2: Just riding a fine line of needing to go down to large, So I'm back. You probably just need to start buying large.
Speaker 5: I feel uncomfortable in my shirt now. Like literally because it's too big and baggy. In fact, it's weird. It almost makes me it might even make me look big because it's so baggy. I even had your checker to make sure it wasn't an extra large. But listen, these drugs are unbelievable. What they do is they get rid of the food noise and they make you feel full. Monday Tuesday, I think I probably had one hundred calories. One hundred calories Monday and Tuesday. That's it. That's all I had. Don't feel hungry at all. Wasn't thinking of food last night. I made myself eat something, so I had. What did I have? Like a TV dinner?
Speaker 6: Those lazy dog dinners?
Speaker 5: Lazy dog TV dinner, That's what I had. So in three days I had that don't think of food and no food noise. I love that, saying no food noise and you don't feel hungry. It's remarkable drug and for less than three hundred bucks a month, you can't go wrong. Denverregen dot com and I kid you not. Any questions you have on it, I'm happy to answer those. Just email help at troubleshooter dot com. Put four mark you have any questions on it. I have had almost zero side effects, and I went pretty long on this, but honestly, man, it's life changing out there Denverregen dot com. Now let's go to John Fuller Fuller Law. John, I've got to ask you something I was telling Bradley O'Brien, another attorney of ours on a referral list, how you negotiated the bills down. So I want to make sure I got two things right. If I recall, ADDIE's bills were in the high thirties, thirty five thousand from basically a cat scan, an MRI and whatever an er visit billing. Looks like she was there maybe two hours, and it was well over thirty thousand dollars. You got maximum results for us. You went after the woman that rear ended and you got every nickel of insurance she had. Then you went and negotiated those hospital bills down to a ridiculous amount like five or six grand. So the first thing I want to understand personally is this. And by the way, this just happened to brat. Not only did this just happen, you guys got rear ended too, didn't You were hit.
Speaker 7: At my wife's carge revnted last week.
Speaker 5: Listen to this. John got rear ended and they ended up at the same hospital, Skyridge, with bills that are extraordinary. So when I was doing a commercial for you and mention that, Brad was like, wait was that Skyridge And I was like, yeah, it was why he goes it's crazy how much they charged for this stuff. So two things. One, if you negotiate bills down, you would think the damages were negotiated down, but that's not the case. Kind Of explain why you get the thirty five thousand dollars from the insurance, but yet you could negotiate and then we get to keep what's in the middle. Explain why it works that way.
Speaker 21: Okay. So that concept is known as a collateral source rule, and basically what it says is if I go out and spend my money buying insurance, health insurance, medpay, whatever it may be, and that's a product that I bought to protect me, if by virtue of having that coverage, those bills get repriced or discounted or compromised in any other way that does not benefit the defendant or reduce the defendant's responsibility for the reasonable value of the care that I received as a result of his negligence. It's a simple concept. We just don't ever let the benefit from what I went out and did to protect my family by way of buying insurance and getting good coverage.
Speaker 5: Or even just negotiating after the fact. Correct.
Speaker 21: Well, yeah, but negotiating is not a legal concept. That's just more of a reality check. And when we talk to these insurance companies, you know, part of the negotiation, in all honesty, a good chunk of our negotiation is in making the billers, the hospitals and so on, you know, making them follow the rules and making them built up in a certain order, making them apply repricing for their contracts, I mean, making them take the discounts that they're contractually bound to take before we let them take a pot shot at the medpay and the things that don't carry discounts. So that's a big part of the secret sauce is just making sure that all of these different players that all have their hands out and all want as much money as they can are not taking advantage of people that you know, never been down this road or have never ever gone through this experience in the past.
Speaker 5: He really, do you remember what you went from, like, honest to god, I think it was like thirty five thousand to five or six grand. I mean, it was so remarkable. And then the other thing I want to throw into this, and I'm coming up against the clock, is it is so crazy the concept of an emergency room. It's the only place that I know of, besides Thunderdome, where anything goes. It's almost like you walk in there and they can look at you and go twenty thousand for an MRI. Next guy walks in five hundred dollars for an MRI. I have never in my life, John seen a more unfair system in my life. In fact, if you're a cash paying customer, most places like cash. They save money on credit card fees. These guys like cash more than anybody in the world because they'll charge you whatever the hell they want. There's no negotiated price with Dmitri or Mark. There's only negotiated prices with other people.
Speaker 21: Exactly. It's the only place that has no menu and no price list, and you get what you get.
Speaker 15: Well, it all depends on what insurance pays, that's all.
Speaker 5: No, it doesn't people don't have insurance.
Speaker 18: I mean, is if it's twenty thousand dollars cash, and you have a contract with United Healthcare, it's going to be eleven hundred dollars.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm not talking about that, though, I'm talking to anybody walking in there that doesn't have insurance. They can charge whatever the hell they want.
Speaker 15: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: But there's no other place that I know of. You can't go to a good year and I sell a service to one person for nineteen ninety five and the next person I arbitrarily sell for four ninety five. Then an old lady walks in and I hit her with ninety nine ninety five. I'm going to be thrown out of business, John, Wasn't there a lot.
Speaker 15: Of it that the price has had to be posted?
Speaker 21: There's no teeth, No, there's no there's no, there's not doc You say that subject for the next time I'm hosting, and we'll spend the half an hour. Now, I'll retrain you on medical building and stuff. While what you're saying sounds good in principle, it's just not the reality of how the world turns. What's no respect to medical building following an emergency and where there's potential auto insurance, Medpay and third party insurance involved. It's a wild west, you know.
Speaker 5: Oh man, I don't even want to get into like where Brad, you're going to have to be dealing this. I assume you had medpay, right, I want you to talk. Go ahead.
Speaker 7: I have a question. I understand. Yes, we have our own health insurance Blue Cross. If if we ran it through that insurance, the final bill would be a fraction. But this isn't being run. Is not being run through our insurance. Because there's a car accident they want to build the better be running.
Speaker 21: You absolutely need to run it through that insurance.
Speaker 7: Through our own personal health insurance.
Speaker 8: Yep.
Speaker 5: Then you get your money and get read.
Speaker 7: If it's a car accident, you've got it has to be built to the vehicle insurance company directly.
Speaker 21: No, no, sir, that's not correct.
Speaker 5: Okay, hold on, I gotta take this. Break Hold on if you can, John three oh three seven one three eight two five five, Hold tight.
Speaker 12: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 19: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 12: Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: All right, three seven three two five five. I'm gonna go directly back to John Fuller. John, you know the clock man. We got about two and a half minutes, So pick up where you're app but real quick, everybody out there. Three h three Martino. That number works on and off the air. Helpatroubleshooter dot com. Tomorrow we got a full house packed. It's car day. Go ahead, John Fuller, all.
Speaker 21: Right, So listen, when you've been in a car accident, don't fall for the myth that you have to build everything to the other side. You've got to take advantage of every aspect of your health coverage that you can. And so, despite what the hospital may tell you, and they will tell you incorrectly, you need to build all of your coverage to your health insurance, and then we're going to use your medtay benefits to the greatest extent possible to help outset those copays and deductibles that everybody you know gets the bill for right away. If we can successfully do that, then you've reduced the amount that you have to pay back for outstanding medical bills to just the amount that your health insurance is paid under something called sub okay.
Speaker 16: All of this stuff.
Speaker 21: Goes on in the background, and we do all of this for you when we take on a new case and stuff. But it's imperative that you use all of those benefits because if you simply believe because you're told that they can send a bill to the appoll party and those bills will magically get paid, you're just simply not You're not being told the truth. That will never happen.
Speaker 5: So John, I gotta just put you back on hold. I appreciate you coming on for that, and then Brad call John off air. You guys need to have a good conversation for sure, But anybody out there John Fuller Fuller Law three oh three, five nine seven forty five hundred, do you hear me talk about them and my experience and Suzanne's and our daughters with him? You can't get better. I want to thank Brad O'Brien. Any landlords out there, please Brad will look over your lease. There's been so many changes. Anything to do with commercial real estate, anything to do with residential buying or selling property line disputes O lslaw dot com call him up, great guy olslaw dot COMERCE seven two zero three seventies seventy three eighty eight. This is the Troubleshooter Network