Speaker 1: Oh yes, rocking Dallas Fort Worth. Thanks for rolling with us today. We've got the Today game coming up. We've got skins banned in the Dallas Morning News. We have one hundred and six year old lady that's out there talking trash, and we got to get back into that MAVs win over the Kings. All that is coming your way before we get out of here today on a Thursday. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 2: Is good.
Speaker 3: I don't know how I found this because I don't watch a lot of Orioles games, but the Orioles color commentator is Jim Palmer, their old pitcher went way back in the day.
Speaker 4: My guy.
Speaker 3: They're playback play guys, not former Rangers pitcher. But's a guy named Kevin Brown. He's a younger fella.
Speaker 5: So you got the.
Speaker 3: Younger kind of new guy to broadcasting, and then you got Jim Palmer, the old savvy vett.
Speaker 5: I miss him.
Speaker 3: Baltimore a big food town, right, a lot of crabs and stuff like that. But surely you've had a chicken wing. Jim Olmer has not. I don't believe this, and the play by play guy can't handle this.
Speaker 4: You know, I never had a wing. Ever, you've never had, never ever had a wing? You've never had Wait a minute, no, I'm just never had.
Speaker 2: You've never had a chicken wing?
Speaker 4: No, Like, why would I? Why would you have skin and stuff? Yeah? Yeah, lots of things have skit, but I don't eat skin.
Speaker 3: Now now it's turned into a thing where you just think about our show and the future drops they are possible.
Speaker 2: Here, never had a chicken wing?
Speaker 4: No, like, why would I? Why would you have skin and stuff? Yeah? Yeah, lots of things have skit, but I don't eat skin. Apples have skin.
Speaker 2: You've never had a single chicken wring?
Speaker 4: No, I never thought about having.
Speaker 2: That is staggering. So what kind of chicken do you?
Speaker 4: White puss?
Speaker 2: What about like chickchicked chicken?
Speaker 4: They never had fried chicken? Never what I've taken the crust off?
Speaker 2: And what is this?
Speaker 4: What is this?
Speaker 2: You've taken the crust off, so you're losing the frying part of the fried chicken.
Speaker 4: Well that's what chicken tenders, all right, But that's not a chicken wing.
Speaker 2: No, I'm I'm Have you ever turned down the opportunity to.
Speaker 3: Have a chicken wing? No?
Speaker 4: I just choose not even to think of having.
Speaker 3: What what opportunity that's going on?
Speaker 6: I think we I think it went to an entire at bat without acknowledging who was playing.
Speaker 5: They ignored the game.
Speaker 4: It was a six to one.
Speaker 5: And how baseball is.
Speaker 6: This could really help baseball non secretary conversations happening while the action is the action is just there and you watch them, it's a whole other.
Speaker 5: Conversation or the radio just no updates at all.
Speaker 3: I mean, what in the world, though, how have you never had a chicken wing?
Speaker 5: A strange?
Speaker 1: All right, I immediately find it to be not believable. However, right, he does indicate a strong dislike for eating skin, and so he's thinking of the skin of the chicken. And he wouldn't even eat fried chicken. He tore off like the crusty part. So the fried part.
Speaker 6: It's interesting because even if you tear off that, that's still fried chicken. Like the chicken was fried. He didn't eat the skin. Yeah, that he's gotten a version of that. But he's okay with eating apples.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's the whole thing.
Speaker 3: That's that's so where chicken wings popular in the seventies, that's my That's where I ended up thinking here.
Speaker 4: But it's just an old guy with the take.
Speaker 1: I was a kid in the seventies fil only macaroni cheese, pizza, and tacos.
Speaker 5: I think Pluckers invented the chicken wing.
Speaker 3: I mean we had a wing renaissance right now that that we just.
Speaker 1: I remember fried chicken places of course, churches and stuff like that, but it was and you could get like a drumstick.
Speaker 5: But I don't remember a little wings.
Speaker 6: I kind of I can kind of see someone not being down with I mean, I think of fried chicken is Southern cuisine, right, and so maybe he never really threw down in the South. And I don't know, like I think it's kind of a novelty to have fried chicken.
Speaker 5: Well, no, Ben's right, there's fast food places everywhere.
Speaker 3: If Jim Palmer is from like what's where is he from?
Speaker 5: New York?
Speaker 3: Maybe there's no way though, there's no way you've gone to see the chicken wing.
Speaker 6: The Buffalo Wings. That's from upstate New York. It's a thing up there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in Buffalo.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean remember when remember when we had Moose on and Moose was like had the entire history of the Buffalo Wings.
Speaker 5: Yeah, could talk about it for hours. I'll show up the Pluckers and hang out with you. Guys have wings.
Speaker 1: God, that friendship fell apart. Man, I wonder why ben Well fell apart. Without a talent fee, we we could bies friendship anymore. Alright, coming up next to the Today game. This is less than four minutes. Who will win the Today Game? Stick around and find out