Speaker 1: Is Michael Garfield.
Speaker 2: Michael Garfield.
Speaker 1: Michael Garfields joining.
Speaker 3: In the high Tech Texan.
Speaker 4: Michael Garfield is here.
Speaker 1: With a high tech Texan.
Speaker 4: I also make life easier technology and Michael Garfield has something you might want.
Speaker 2: Michael Garfield is your high Tech Texans. Three decades helping you make magic with your gadgets, heard worldwide on the iHeartRadio Actors. Now your high Tech Texan. Michael Garfield.
Speaker 1: Well here we are one of the first broadcast of twenty twenty five and arguably my biggest and busiest radio show. Here high Tech text and Michael Garfield and I am not in my normal studio in Texas. I am in one of my favorite cities across the country, Las Vegas. People, because you know it, this is the big week the Big cees. Used to be called the Consumer Electronic Show, but apparently they just want to shorten it to the acronyms. We will be here all two hours doing all tech. But the funny thing is, and don't turn this off yet, it is more than a technology show. It's it's kind of evolved over so many years, like my brand has, it's it's consumer lifestyle. I am on the Las Vegas Convention show floor and the official and I'm getting for CLEMP when I say this, the official high tech text in broadcast studio for gosh, probably at least a dozen, dozen and a half years. The nice folks at CEES they have built a little booth for me. Actually it's a pretty nice sized. Hell oh, I can probably hit a golf ball in here, but this is where everything happens, and I'm right next to me. There's there's Fox Business, There's CNBC, there's BBC. There's about five thousand media members from across the world covering pretty much every new gadget product that is being released or thinking about being released in twenty twenty five. That odds are you may salivate, you may think it's neat, but you probably don't need it, and you may not be able to afford it. But that's the fun that I'm covering. I have been doing it for twenty three years now, that as long as as my brand has been around of the high tech texts in and I'm gonna give you the certainly the sounds, and if you want to see the sites, you actually can go to my Instagram with a lot of my social media high tech t XA and high tech texts. And I have been here most all week, and I've met a lot of companies. I have played with some of these gadgets and toys that and I'm gonna be honest with you, and I think this is why a lot of listeners and viewers out there, i'd like to think have at least a little respect. I'm kind of jaded. I've done this so long. I've seen so many things from the advent of digital TV and high definition TVs and the Blu Ray and everything back twenty years ago. It takes a lot to impress me. It takes a lot for me to look at a product or a service or whatever is being launched here and say, you know, this is the coolest thing. Oh my gosh. Everybody has to run out of get it. But that's good because you don't need to waste your heart earned money on things that look neat that you're maybe used once or twice and you'll never use again. Think of it as a waffle maker or a waffle iron. Oh honey, we need this for the kitchen. You buy a waffle iron, you maybe get it for your wedding or something. You use it once or twice and you never see it again. I'm not that and so I really evaluate products like I always have. Is this something that can enhance your life? And there's a difference between the word want and the word need. We want a lot of things. We want do we need a lot of things? And I this is how I raised my three kids, and when I talk to people all the time, there's a differ between one and need. Oh my goodness, look at this laptop. Look at this transparent TV. Look at this new uh you know these headphones and earphones that are the size of you know, probably you know, less than your pinky, and you can't they they're neat. You may want them. Can you afford a lot of this stuff? You're gonna lose these things? And why is it better than some of the products that you already have? Now this pertains also to cars. Now you know, I'm a big car an automobile guy. See. Yes, over the years, it's kind of turned into a de facto auto show. There are a lot of manufacturers here on the show floor which I've stopped by and I still will. Obviously, you think of evs. There's electric vehicles everywhere, but now there's hybrid's. Hybrids are coming back, and I actually did see some gas powered vehicles too. But it's also the the the ancillary markets. You know, if you have an EV well you need a charger at home, Well, there's several, many, many different charging companies, and you know, is this gonna be a rapid charger and is this something that you can do it yourself? And you know, how does this work? And there's autonomous vehicles. And so I'm here to really kind of decipher and kind of give you a lot of the fun things, but also some you know, really serious advice. And so I'm gonna throw out you know, the number that we usually throw out, and if you want to get into the uh the phone call, Hey, Michael, I saw this hit on CNN. Did you happen to go buy this you know booth? Because we're more than happy to because I you know, if I have some time, I want to run by that booth and give you the information. So one of the easiest way to hit me, obviously is to go to my website, which is high Tech Texting dot Com, which is h I G H T E C h T E x A N. That's one of the ways to do it, and you can, you know, you can go that way, but you can also here call the old Studio show and I'll give you that number quite simply. It is seven one three two one two five nine five. Oh, and I will go check this thing out. I will tell you this before we take our first I brought, like I usually do every year, I brought three extra suitcases. I am not kidding you, little fold up suitcases. Because when I meet a lot of these companies and I tell them what I do, and I'm very fortunate because a lot of them know me and I get all the press releases, they give me some demo gear. You know, they may not just you know, maybe it's a choch key. I mean, no one cares about key chains and things. But I have got headphones and earbuds and smart watches. And they said, hey, Michael, we want to do some giveaways on your radio show, but more importantly on your social media. And so this is why you need to follow my social media specifically, yes, if you want to hit me on x which is high tech text, but also all the videos that I'm posting, all the videos that I'm posting on my Instagram. I'm a big Instagram guy, right about fifty thousand followers. I'm gonna give away a lot of this stuff on Instagram. I'm gonna show it off and have a contest. All you really need to do is like it. Just say I want it, Michael, this is cool. I need it, And if you say need, you better give me a real reason why you actually need it. But I got three suitcases, and luckily I'm on Southwest. I'm i just have to pay for one of these suitcases because I'm going to get two suitcases free. By the way, Southwest Airlines, thank you. A list preferred if you're interested in partnering or sponsoring the show, I am your guy. Since I'm based in Texas and heard and the three cities that you started in. That's right. Shout out to Dallas, the Mighty Mighty eleven ninety, big Time Houston, which I've been in for twenty three years, KPRC nine to fifty AM, and San Antonio, WOAI. It's the Texas Triangle. Southwest Airlines started. They got me out here, I'm gonna get them back. Let's do a little partnership, my friends. A lot of partnership opportunities and a lot of fun stuff to come, So keep it right here. If you miss some of the show podcast that you download the iHeartRadio app and then you can hear the entire show, probably the history of going back twenty years and you can see how this show, the CEES Show has involved not so much talking about TVs and things, but there's a lot of other neat products in the consumer space that you're going to be interested in. So keep it right here. Michael Garfield, Las Vegas Convinson Center at my twenty third CES. Ahead of it is Michael Garfield in Las Vegas where the annual CES you speak called Consumer Electronic Show, but we've just used the acronym right now. I'm already tired of walking. I mean, I've spent the past several days just walking. I've got the shoes. But there's so many things to see. If you're a longtime lister of my show. This twenty third year, I've been doing this, and you know, I may be a little jaded about some of the things that I see with ooh and ahs, but it's always nice having someone else's perspective opinion. And this time I'm going all the way to the top. I'm bringing in and actually a representative from CES. He's one of the spokespeople for CES. His name is Ed Frank. He is joining me and over under the number of steps that you plan to take on a daily basis here.
Speaker 5: At CES yesterday I took about eighteen thousand steps, and I think that's average. I have this in my third one and I average about eighteen thousand steps a day, so nine miles time six days. Like I get in my steps on this everybody does.
Speaker 1: It's great marathon triding. At the top of the show, I started out giving some of the general numbers, and I remember coming here two decades plus. The show has only gotten bigger and bigger and bigger, and it's international. Whatsoever. Compare it to last year. Give me some of the numbers for the last year, maybe what you can expect this year.
Speaker 5: So last year we had about one hundred and thirty eight thousand attendees. This year registration is up. Obviously, we don't know how many are going to show up, if snowstorms are going to affect attendance at all, but we expect a great turnout, a great year. We've got about four thousand, five hundred exhibitors over about two point five million square feet of space that comes out to about forty three American football fields.
Speaker 1: Of exhibits, it seems like, listen, that's one hundred and thirty eight thousand people. This is one, But obviously it's the largest technology show in the world, which is I just you know, love coming over here. Other than the gambling and the food too, which is always fun, a lot of media too. And you guys really and I want to thank you and Pam and everybody in the staff because you know, you build this nice radio and TV booth for me. But there's coverage. I'm walking with the BBC is next door to me, and there's Fox, and there's CNBC. I mean, the coverage is amazing because I guess companies really want to see what the trends are.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Absolutely, we have about four to five thousand registered media here this year. We've got attendees from about over one hundred and fifty different countries. I think airlines have added over ninety international flights to get into Vegas for this. So yeah, last year, forty percent of the on the attendees were from outside the US.
Speaker 1: Continues to surprise me. As we talked to Ed Frank, Ed is with cees. Now here comes the fun stuff. Now I've already seen and met, I've had one on one meetings, and you know some things are you know, they're laughing. Are they ever going to come to fruition? Some companies here just trying to raise money, trying to get awareness. But I'm always looking at trends. People want to know, Hey, Michael, what's going to be the hot thing? What do you see? And I go back to man, I remember digital TV and high definition was the thing back in the early two thousands. I remember Blu ray was back in the day of the Let's look at twenty twenty five. What do you see are some of the trends here on the show floor?
Speaker 5: Well, no surprise, AI is everywhere you can look. But I think one thing that's changed since last year, at least, you know by my observation, is you know, last year there was a lot of talk aboutative. Generative AI was new, chat GPT was new, and that was the hot thing. And I think this year, seeing you're seeing a lot more about the consolidation of AI and you may not even see it in different products, but it's expanding dramatically. You know, one product I saw at Media Days the other night was sort of like a Bluetooth had my you know, earpod kind of deal. And you can go back and forth through the app and have real time conversations and it's instantly translated. So if you have business partners in other countries, you can both wear this and have basically a conversation translated instantly. You know, you can hear it in your ear. You can also see the translation on the app in real time pretty much from any language into any other language.
Speaker 1: And as I continue to talk about AI and I try to describe AI over the past years, so people are afraid of it, and I don't know, I'm not so sure they should be afraid of it, but they just don't understand it because it's not something that we can touch and we can feel a lot of people, you know, they'll say, hey, Michael, did you get a phone? Or what's the TV like? Or did you get earbuds? I mean, they're tangible items. This is artificial intelligence that has just built into everything. And you know, literally you know, my eyes, you know, just go left or right. There's banners over here, AI infused. There's AI in here that you really can't see but you talk specifically about these earbuds. I've seen a number of these earbud translators, which you know, you talk about a paradigm shift. Listen, kids nowadays they may not even have to take a foreign language because this helps. And so you do have to be a little weary when it comes to AI. How about another one or two things you've just seen.
Speaker 5: In terms of trends, there's a big focus on longevity and that comes down to digital health, smart owned devices, food tech Wellness Solutions. LG had a good presentation at Media Days yesterday and they went through an entire day, you know, like from the time that you wake up. They have a hub, you know, and they're smart home devices and you can find out what the temperature is. It'll tell you, hey, it's five degrees warmer than it was yesterday. Maybe you don't need the jacket. Your mom, you know, we monitor her health and she had a bit of a sleepless night and her blood pressure may have been up a little bit. I want to check in on her, you know, driving to work, it made your car may say, you know, yeah, your heart beat is a little bit elevated. You might want to calm down at the next red light, you can stop for coffee, but maybe you don't want to stop for coffee if you're you know, So it's it's they show how all of this is going on throughout the day behind the scenes. Even one of you know, they have a smart dryer and it can you know, you're not ready to take the stuff out of the dryer, and they're like, do you want us to just like fluff it so it doesn't get wrinkled throughout the day, so that when you get home from work and you can do that. So it's like all of these things are interconnected now, and that's that's a big focus.
Speaker 1: Making us live longer and saving lives one company at a time. And if personally, again, over two decades that I've been here, if I've seen a category to just incredibly expand in terms of actually show floor space here at Las Vegas Covich Center, it is digital health. I mean, yes, we've seen all the watches that do can you tell us our blood pressure? And you know in what our SPO two is and how many steps that we take. But now there's digital scales and then it's led to you know, the utensils like I've seen smart hair dryers. I'm not kidding you. I've lost kind of how many smart truth brush companies that are out there. They really really are. Cars are very prevalent over here too, and it's not just your typical cars, but obviously there's evs and there's ev charging type of things. And this to me is CS has almost turned into a de facto car show.
Speaker 5: It's turned into one of the largest car shows in the world. And even in addition to that, there are segments that you may not think of as tech, Like John Deere has a huge presence here, and they talked about their autonomous They have a second generation of autonomous tractors and sprayers for you know, sort of like citrus and nut you know, farms and stuff like that. And so you know, they've they've expanded their technology from what they've unveiled two years ago, and these things can now they have more sensors, they have they have light ar, they have more cameras, and so they can go forty percent faster and they're completely automated.
Speaker 1: Talking to Ed Frankie as a spokesperson for CEES as we broadcast here at the Las Vegas Convention Center, I'll let you go after this because I know you've got a lot of show floor walking. It's not so much it's called the Consumer Electronic Show, but there's also a lot of business going on. And obviously there are things behind the scenes that make consumer run. And this is like everything from energy and there's battery power and things like that. And I'm seeing a lot of this stuff on the floor. Is that it's sort of a train going on.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Absolutely, And you know, everybody, when you sort of get a picture in your head of CEES, you think of like the robots and the drones and the huge screen TVs and the smart monitors. But business is done here. This is where business is done. More than one third of the attendees here or at the VP level or above. The average executive holds about twenty nine meetings at CEES. And you know, ninety four percent of CES exhibitors say their annual sales are influenced by CES. A good friend of mine works for a large hotel chain and he comes to this every year because he wants to find out about the latest, you know, more or less smart home technology that they can use in their rooms, whether it comes to TV, how it all connects with the lighting system, the temperature system, and so he comes here every year and he finds out the latest technology. He meets with those companies and you know, theoretically makes deals for you know, a lot of hotel rooms around the country, a.
Speaker 1: Lot of business happening. Okay, Lett, I'm give you one more. We got about thirty more seconds. Craziest thing that you see him the show for just just outline. It's just odd that people would like.
Speaker 5: Well, I don't know if it's outlandish or od but I did run across something called tombot, and there's a pretty good story behind it. The developer it doesn't start off so good. His mom had Alzheimer's disease and is no longer able to take care of the her beloved dog. So he basically created an extremely lifelike lab yellow lab puppy robot that doesn't walk around, it doesn't jump in circles and everything. It's just more of a calming device for people with Alzheimer's or depression or PTSD, and the thing is really lifelike. I kind of wanted to take one home just for myself.
Speaker 1: I saw it, I tell you what, I was walking through another kind of a pre media show. I saw this thing and there was this laying in a dog bed. I'm like, I can't believe there actually the dogs in here. It was so lifelike, but it just sat there. It's cute. It didn't go to the bathroom. You don't need to feed the thing. That's the type of dog. I like, this is what you're gonna see here at CES.
Speaker 5: And that's what I thought initially. I was like, oh, this is great for a single person who travels a lot or doesn't have time to walk the dog. But it's a specific purpose. It's a calming mechanism. So it's kind of health tech for folks who aren't able to care for a dog but getn't want to get that emotional support.
Speaker 1: Everything you need to know about tech and you beyond that. Ed Frank he is a spokesperson with CES. I do thank you for your time, and I see you've got your step counter watch on and so you know, make sure you know you get to your six plus miles a day because on a seat. Let's have a contest. Let's see how more I can do.
Speaker 5: I'm over five thousand steps already and it's not even ten fifteen in the morning.
Speaker 1: Hey, listen, have a great show. I appreciate you stopping by Michael Garfield's name. If you're looking for something for me to talk about, if you've seen it in other forms of media, hit me up right now Michael at high tech text dot com. And again, do not forget hit my Instagram, high Tech Text. And because I brought three or four extra suitcases because companies are giving me demos, they want me to give them away, So listeners their yours. But you got to follow me high Tech Text and h I G H T E C H T E X A N. And we're gonna be back here at Las Vegas Convention Center at ce.
Speaker 6: S continuing to love rais and five days of probably the world's largest convention center.
Speaker 1: Because the CEES is not even contained in the main convention center, the West Hall, the Central Hall, the South Hall, then it goes to the Venetian Expo, and then it goes to like ten other hotels.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: It is just non stop. Michael Garfield is the name. It is called the High Tech Texan Show, and I guess this is the ultimate the Mecca. My Super Bowl twenty third year covering CEES used to be called the Consumer Electronics Show from the Convention Center show floor. Just heard from Ed. He is with the Consumer Electronics Show, just kind of expecting of, you know, what companies are offering. As I turned my head left and right walking up and down these hallways, I do see those two letters AI AI AI. Now for basketball fans, you thought Alan Iverson he's back in the game. No, it's it could be all in, but it is artificial intelligence. And I'm it's. I tell people because when they hear the words artificial intelligence, it's relatively new. No one knows what to expect. And as I said last segment, it's nothing tangible. You know when I talk about tangible, when I come to see yes, it's oh Michael, you know what's the TV? Is it cool? Did you give phone? All right? What's the smallest little earbuds in the headphones? Those are tangible products that you can hold, that you could touch, that you could feel. AI is not it's it's software. It's inside, but it's almost inside everything. I also said, this is a de facto car show. A lot of vehicles, autonomous ones. Weaimo is here. If you're familiar with Weaimo, the self driving taxis I see concept cars with you know these not so much radar, but it's light ar, which uses light L I D A R. And that's where a lot other than Tesla, a lot of cars and automan auto manufacturers they use lightar and you know, they're sticking out over here so they can see what's going on and you know, detect rex and use you know, smart intelligence. But I guess the question is do you do you trust them? I was doing a few hits on some of these the radio stations that I contribute to earlier this week, and they they asked me, Hey, in our lifetime, are we gonna able to you know, be sitting in autonomous driving, self driving cars? And I said absolutely. They're doing it now. I mean way Mo if you're familiar with it. And they just came to Austin about a month or two ago, and then they're in several obviously San Francisco and several cities. These are self driving autonomous vehicles like an uber you call weai moo and a vehicle shows up and there's no driver. There's no driver, and let's just assume they're relatively safe. They have cameras and ate inside and outside the doors lock. They know where you're going because you put it on the app and you just go between point A and point B. The problem is, and this is my and this is my thought, and I've long held this belief. It's not so much about technology why consumers haven't really adopted these the technology. It's not technology. The technology is there. It's the paradigm shift. It's their acceptance of Wait a minute. All my life I have driven a car, or have been a passenger car when someone else is driven. And it is freaky d key because I've done it several times of sitting in the backseat of a car with there's no driver, because it's the what if what if you know, it runs a red light? What if someone you know runs in me, run into me. Listen, it's it can happen with a driver. I've I've been in rex in my life. A lot of you listeners you probably have too. You have to trust it and it it exact. Could take a generation, It really could. It may take You know my kids. You know, my youngest son is twenty four right now, so you know he knows you know, rides hearing, he knows uber, he knows left, he knows you know all these he knows waymount he now has seen some driverless vehicles. Now, for the first twenty four years of life, he's been driven around or he drives right now. He's been driving since he was sixteen. But you know, as he gets older, they're gonna be more prevalent. That younger generation, younger than me. You know, the just people and the teenagers and the kids in their twenties right now, they're the ones who could adopt easier because they live with this stuff. They see this stuff and they're gonna accept it. You know, if you think about if babies are just born right now, by the time they are in their teens, it is gonna be prevalent. And that's all they're gonna know. They may not even know what a taxi and a taxi driver is. And I'm not even talking about the movie with de Niro. They're not gonna know it. Michael Garfielder continuing from CEES, talking about some of the big trends over here. You know every booth has got AI. This there's AI is built in the TV TV AI. Well listen, if you think about it, look at Amazon, I mean think about it. How does Amazon know what you want How do they suggest? Isn't that interesting that Amazon suggests that since you bought this, you may want this. Oh you bought a pair of pants, Well wait a minute, let me suggest a belt. Well, how did you know I bought pants? Because they collect data, they know almost everything that you purchase. It's the same thing with televisions too. Netflix knows what you watch. That's where they get the recommended for. So we have lived with some sort of artificial intelligence and it's only going to get smarter because of these super chips. They're getting faster and faster and faster. Speaking of cars, I'm going up and down and there's this. I saw so many concept cars. I say concept cars. It's these are the Jetsonian things. A concept car. It's a concept. Some really cool designer is you know, has designed this thing, and it's never going to come to fruition. It really really may not. Then there's these cars that they're being shown. They're allegedly going to go on sales. So maybe next year are they going to be in that exact shape and form? We don't know. Let me give you an example. I'm at the Sony booth, and right outside the Sony booth, I see this car and I've never even seen it in. It's got even it's called a fila a. It's either a Fela or a leaf O. And I apologize for not even knowing, because I've just there's a billion things going on in my mind with all these products that I see here. And I find out it's a jav it's a joint venture between Sony and Honda, and they are showing they have two of their cars. Now, Mom, I gotta calm concept because they are at These look like actual cars. They are electric, obviously, and they've got the light Hoar based in and they look pretty neat. It's a four door, the wheels are nice, kind of the smallest shuev or it pops up and they're already taking deposits for this. Two hundred dollars right now will get you on the wedding list for the new Lifo from a Sony and Honda. Total price next year when or whenever they come on market, eighty nine thousand dollars. Walking around, I see uh listen, a lot of the major manufacturers that we know. Hondai's here, Honda itself is here, There's BMW, UH, there's UH I think I saw GM. I think I saw some stillantis brands was cheap over here, but a lot of them are hybrid. But a lot of these vehicles unlike a typical auto show, they're part neck, they're charged, they're plug in hybrids. They're sitting next to charge vehicles. They they they have built these garage, you know, these displays. They built like a garage. What the garage of the future. But it's not the future, it's the garage of now. If you have an electric vehicle, you know, you probably should have a charger built in. Well. Now the chargers are getting smarter, they're getting a little bit more powerful, the level too, chargers that everybody should you know, have at their homes.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And then there's bigger energy. There's bigger electric companies that will power uh, probably in an entire neighborhood, certainly the ones you see in a parking lot. You know, when I get you know, I test drive vehicles every single week, and when I don't have a charger at home because I technically don't own an EV but I have to go to either a Walmart or a Whole Foods parking lot and I gotta plug it in, and I gotta pay it if you listen to my show. But about three weeks ago, when I drove to Lake Charles and I went on and on and on and ragging and ranting for about fifty minutes of why I personally would never buy an ev it, you know, at eighty five dollars. It took me an hour of my time. I just did. I personally am not in that life mode right now to get it. I'm not knocking on EV's but it's just not for me. I like snapping in the fingers driving. I need to go to Austin. I need to go to Dallas, so I want a vehicle that's going to get me there in one shot. I do not need to be stopping halfway in Centerville, you know, sitting for an hour eating beef jerkey, hoping that the level three charger from this bigger energy electricity company is fully working with all the watts and everything but there here, and so I'm seeing more and more accessories from all these you know, third party companies who are working in partnering with all these chargers. And again, this is what I kind of I'm trying to paint the picture. It's not just TVs it's not just cell phones, it's not just headphones, it's not just earphones. Here at CESAID, there's a whole building. It's generally it's the West Convention Center, which is really only about three years old that they built. It is now pretty much the automobile de facto type of stuff. I see racing car, racing car concept. John Deere. John Deere has one of the largest booths here and they have brought in There is a tractor that is literally larger than my house. Massive. I mean you have to climb, you have to sign something to climb in here. So you because they're using GPS for farmers. When you're using these things that will plant the seed, it's self driving, so you program it to go out and lawn and plant and water and dig holes and whatever you need to do. But that's what John Deere's here now. Who would imagine John Deere would be at a technology show, the largest technology show. That's what's in and SOWAY. This is the information that I'm bringing you. If you got questions, why don't you go ahead and pop them on my Social High Tech DEXs and HI g h T e h T e x an. I've continued to put a lot of videos and photos on that Instagram account. I'm also an ex. You can find me at high Tech Text and if you want to send me an email, I'll give you the long one. Go to Michael Garfield, but both thing out Michael Garfield at iHeartMedia dot com. We'll come back right after this on the High Tech Texas Show portion Hypertext Show. I'll give my Cabo Bobs. If you have to be listening in Houston for location San Antonio, you got one location. If you're in Austin, or if you go to Austin at the headquarters, boy, I'll tell you what you make your own burritos and your tacos and those fresh tortillas and it's huge. Sadly, as I do the show from Las Vegas right now this week, specifically for cees, there's a lot actually there's a lot of action, really good high end text Mex restaurants. There's no Cobo Bob's and so Cobo Bob Don and Arnold and and Lourie. You know, all your folks who listen and you partner with me, you may want to expand. First of all, you need expanded Dallas. If I if I have if I have more. My Dallas listeners and my TV viewers are my parents and some of my best friends where I grew up at Dallas. They know Coabo Bob's because they go to Austin, you know, for the UT Games or whatever. It's like, when are we gonna get Cobo Bobs? And so they're they're waiting for you. But I can't wait to I get back and get some of those Oh those chips, man, those double crunchy chips with kso I don't get technically I can eat it. I am. I'm walking an average of twenty twenty five thousand steps a day out here. I'm allowed to eat some walking quite kse. That's that abbs all I'm saying, Michael Garfield. You can hit me on email questions what have I seen? What is my favorite gadget? Y'all talk about it too, Michael Garfield at iHeartMedia dot com. You can also see a lot of the stuff I posted on my website high tech Textan dot com. Now you gotta spell the whole thing out high tech Textan dot com and also on Instagram. I have a lot of stuff. We'd be back in my home base of Houston here in the next day or two. I hope it's not frozen over. Man. I've been looking at the reports all this week in Dallas, boy Man, snow and somebody said ten to fifteen inches of snow in Dallas. I mean, people, I am from Dallas, Okay, so well over fifty years, even though I don't live in Dallas, but my parents still live there. I don't think in fifteen in fifty years, there's fifteen inches of snow that's been accumulated. It's been some eye storms, been some ice storms. Don't get me wrong, man, but I just told everybody is safe here. It's beautiful in Vegas right now. It's high desert. It does get chili. I mean it's in the upper forties, lower fifties. But it's not bad what's over because I'm pretty much living in it, living in casinos and restaurants and convention centers, so that we've been doing over here. Talked a lot about the cars, the artificial intelligence, and some of the things that I've seen, earbuds, earphones. I mean, I don't know how much you need. Televisions have long been the low hanging fruit. Everybody thinks that that's all they are in televisions, and you know the funny story. I always say, it's I've becoming twenty three years and so we got two thousand and two. That was the year pretty much that digital TV was mandated by the FCC. Every all the TV stations had to go from analog and but also throw it's still a digital signal too. And televisions were fifty inches fifty five inches. Those were big ones, and they were thin, and they were expensive too. Nowadays, man, I'm telling you why. I mean, listen, you can get a fifty inch TV for two hundred dollars or so, but they continue to get bigger. Went through the lgbooth, TCL is here, Samsung certainly is here. Saw one hundred and fifteen inch I'm not kidding, one hundred and fifteen inch mini, my grow led, and so so I'm a six foot tall dude. I'm standing up next thing. It's it's little, it's you know, almost my size. It is absolutely massive, dude. It's not whether I want or need this thing. Where am I going to put this thing? Where would you put a one hundred and fifteen inch diagonal diagonal screen? I mean, my lord, I have a seventy five inch and it's above my fireplace, which is not the most ideal place, you know for it. But it's on one of those swinging arms, so I can kind of rotate it and you know, bevel it out. But one hundred and fifteen inches, it's it looks pretty heavy, I must say. But I will tell you this, I will. And I've talked about this for six or seven months, and I'm seeing it now. One of the other hot things when it comes to televisions. When it comes to monitors, projectors, a number of different companies here projection companies, so a lot of them come straight from China, straight from the East. There's one called yabber Way. Why a ber went to their press conference. They announced several new projectors, one of which is a very it's up to high definition. I think it shows up to AK. Obviously, nothing's even broadcast in AK. Got a great big speaker built out. I think it's a JBL speaker, and it throws. It's called the throw. When you place a projector up against a blank wall, it's gonna project something right. Well, the first projector is now you remember they were mounted on the ceiling maybe back in school. My first projector, I had to have a company coming mounted on the ceiling and it had to be about twelve to fifteen feet away, and then it wasn't too bright. That's the throw. The throw was twelve feet away. The throw on some of these new ones, it is so small it's not even funny. The one from Yaber Yabra, Yaber Yaber, I'm not kidding you. Nine inches. This thing is nine inches from the wall and it shoots almost up at an angle as you can imagine, and it can go about one hundred and ten hundred and twenty inches. Now I said it again, it's like, do you have room for one hundred and fifteen hundred and twenty inch TV. Well, you may not have room for one hundred and fifteen hundred twenty inch actual television, heavy expensive monitor, but for a projector, you actually can decrease and you can make that even if the throw is either nine inches or something like this, but you can make the picture smaller. But you can make it up to one hundred and twenty inches. But the neat thing are they're portable. These things are light. Some of these are portable. Some of them are three, four or five pounds. That means you can move these. So now you can put it outside. You've got kids, you've got a pool at summertime, and you want to have a pool watch party, you want to have a birthday party, you want to watch the football game. Well, let's put it on a projector let's go outside and we'll project it on our garage. Now you really can't do it in the bright of day, but at these are getting very bright. And when you're purchasing things, things you want to look for a number, and it's it's actually a name. It's called lumens. Lumens. Is that there's a number like seven hundred lumens of how bright it is. Obviously, the brighter the number, the brighter the screen and you can see what you know, it doesn't have to be totally totally dark like a movie theater. Now you're not gonna have I'm not listen, I'm never I'm never gonna say it never when it comes to tech, but for a long time, you're not gonna see it in bright sunlight. But you get it night and you get seven hundred lumens, thousand lumens, it's gonna be pretty long, pretty bright and it's gonna look great, built in speaker. So now all you need to do is move this thing. I'm telling you what's what's going to happen right now. And I bet a lot of people are doing this instead of going out and buy a sixty five inch TV, No, sixty five seventy five inch TVs. You want a decent one, you're gonna get eight hundred, you're gonna get a thousand, you're gona get fifteen hundred dollars. Why not buy a projector and then set it up against your blank wall in your apartment, in your home, in your condo, in your bedroom, wherever it is where a television was supposed to be. Now listen, now, this is what you've saved. You've saved installation time. You probably stay of a company for coming, installing and putting a bracket in the wall, making sure it hits the studs so it holds it. Wiring the electricity, they're uh wiring the cable if you have to use cable, unless you don't use it. You just got a projector right now. X Jimmy X G I M I. I went to a press conference in New York last July for them and I have. I've been using one of those things. This is a really portable one. This thing really wasted me or four pounds. It's got a it's got about five it's got a lot of five why JBL speaker. It's got some pretty decent movements. It's got four K. It's one hundred and nine year one dollar. So projectors actually are kind of the new thing in along with TVs, and I could see the projectors just based on the technology and they're built now come built with Netflix and everything they go. You just need to put your account in your set. Just need that Internet at you you're set to go. Something to think of if you're don't want to set up something, maybe a guest room or you know, the summer comes and you will to watch a TV.
Speaker 7: That'side.
Speaker 1: Look at projectors, say a little pretty diff from me to you have a high tech Texan Hour number one officially owned by Stay Tuned, and for some reason you don't get the second hour. Find us on iHeartRadio. Look for Michael Garfield, but ryde kick Texan because we continue from all save this convention center at my twenty third.
Speaker 3: CES is Michael Garfier. Michael Garfield Michael Garfield's joining. Yeah, the high tech Texan.
Speaker 1: Michael Garfield is here with a high Tech Texans.
Speaker 4: To make life easier technolog So Michael Garfield has something you might want.
Speaker 2: On Michael Garfield is your high Tech Texans three decades helping you make magic with your gadgets, heard worldwide on the iHeartRadio after now You're high Tech textsan Michael Garfield.
Speaker 1: Through the show. Had we found at a better time? I needed about a seven or eight minute frank at the top of the hour as we continue one more hour at my busiest show of the year, pretty much undoubted, late c Ees, Las Vegas people, thanks for tuning in if you missed the first hour. We have this amazing thing called a podcast. We put it on iHeartRadio. You download the app and my man Callum read he's back in the studio. He is going to pop it up there and you can just listen to your heart's content, which is for this show. This probably, I think anecdotally, just over the twenty plus years I've been doing it, this is the one that's he requested, most repeated and most listened to because okay, well Michael was it Cees for an entire week. What did he see? What did he like? What did he hate? And I I'm going through my list right now. Actually I'll tell you one of my favorite things that I saw. It was a laptop. Don't laugh, people don't laugh because laptops, we still do need them, and because they're pretty powerful. They're much more powerful than most all phones out there, and they have a full sized keyboard. But the coolest one I saw and I have lined up an interview in not next segment, So give me two more segments. I'd say about twenty minutes or so with the representative from Asus as US and I have been a pretty I you know, truth be told, I am a pretty big fan of Asus. But they launched and I got to see it the night before I got earlier this week, and I couldn't post it until about a day after. And I did post it. If you go to my Instagram, my favorite laptop. It is the lightest laptop that I have ever held. I am not kidding you. It is just under two point two pounds. It literally could be used as a frisbee. It is powerful, it is nice, it is sexy, and it's got a pretty good starting price too. Of about nine hundred bones. I will be sitting down and bringing you a little chat with a representative from Asus about that and another something they released, the rog Republic of Gamers. If you're a gamer man, they've got a kind of a tablet computer type of thing that they just launched. So again another reason to tease you to say, but I've seen so much. I've seen a laptop with an expanding screen. I think it's LG it expands. I saw the new Sony and Honda first car that they're coming out with. It's pretty interesting price, about ninety thousand dollars, but you can put it two hundred dollars deposit if you live in California. This week, there's an upgraded version of the Frame TV. It's a TV on the wall but actually looks like a picture and a frame. I've seen so many robots it's not even funny. There's a fluffy row that clings to your purse. There's a there's a robot that actually looks so much like a dog that when I saw it on the show floor, I really thought it was a Golden retriever. It's it's I don't know why they need to make these things but they certainly do. It's kind of like Gremlins. You remember they how cute those little gremlins from a movie back in like what nineteen eighty five or six or something PBKs. They were the cutest little grimlins. But don't feed them after midnight and never get them wet because then Stripe is going to turn into a monster. But some of these are so cute, these little robots. I saw a robo vac with an arm. I then I saw a robo vack with an arm and two legs, And then I saw a robovac with interchangeable heads. All these vacuums and mops they're doing so much. Yeah, these arms that what they do is they'll they'll pick is it you know, it's like a little vacuum, you know what I'm talking about, And is it goes around and if it comes across like a little something as relatively light, I don't know, maybe it's a dog's toy or little baby rattle or something, and arm will reach out and pick it up out of the way. Oh my god. It's kind of scary if you think about it. Some of the some of the show's biggest announcements, they it seems they have come from typical big names, I mean LG. They really did have some pretty strong TVs to show off. I saw it is one hundred and fifteen inch big O'mama TV, Honda, Conda, you know a lot of vehicles. Honda was there. They had some pretty wild ev concepts speaking of you know, laptops and maybe desktops. Dell rebranded its entire PC lineup, just rebranded. They killed the XPS brand. That's it, baby, that is that is That is it man. So now they've got some interest things. I did drop by. I saw HP HP my buddy Kevin, who is in Houston, he's in marketing. He was there showing off of some neat things. They have a new all in one. I'm an all in one fan. If you're looking for a desktop and you ask me number one, I'm not going to tell you it's an Apple or makeet Gosh. I'm gonna tell you to get a Microsoft. But I'm also going to tell you that I like all in one. I like clean things. You know what an all in one is. It's the actual computer and the monitor built in together. I've used him for well over ten twelve years. You don't have to keep that, you know, the computer tower under your desk with the wires, it's it's all there. It's nice and clean. And so I saw something, you know, really neat from HP some other you know, interesting things. The end of the stuff I like, I don't like. I'll get to that. But going back to the Honda. Someone just just now emailed me, Michael, what was up? Was it the Honda's zero prototype you're talking about? It actually was. Honda showed off what more interesting concepts at at CES? It was the Honda zero. The there's a Honda zero saloon and a Honda's zero ish UV and they showed off over there. That that's interesting too, I still think. And going back to last hour, the Sony Honda Honda was making big news. Sony and Honda JV. They did a joint venture, announced it a while ago, put it on display first time. They announced the price. It's eighty nine thousand dollars. The actual name of the of the of the company together it's called Afila A F E E L A. I feel like comment. I feel it's kind of like feel. I guess AI built in if courts it's an electric vehicle. It's probably gonna be the twenty twenty six before me, as an auto journalist, can even test drive the dang thing. But I saw that out there, and so a lot of meat meat stuff. I think in terms of best l let's go to the TV because I know everybody wants to here, what's the coolest TV? I think I saw an LG. They have one called the G five. It's an O L ED TV organic light emitting diode. All right, LGG five, it looked the best. It was pretty cool, very bright. LG says it's forty percent brighter, has a better contrast and bright lighting compared to the G four, which was one of the better ones last year too. They also have a wireless TV and M five wireless TV. I thought that was pretty nice. I saw a few neat ones from High Sense, Hi, s E N s C. That's a manufacturer too. Nothing really from Sony or TCL really impressed me, so I'll go with those so far. In terms of the of the TVs, I talked about that vacuums and robotic vacuums with arms. I'm kind of a robo rock fan r O B O r O c K. They had a very very big booth. This is it's a robot that can really pick up after us, because this is the one with a robotic arm. And so you know, I'm looking at pictures right now. Okay, so there's a sock in the middle of the floor. Well, what are you gonna do? You're gonna is the robot gonna go around it? No, there's this little mechanical arm that comes out. It's like a crane, and it picks it up and it moves it. They they didn't announce the price, but I think I kind of heard a rumor it's gonna be two thousand dollars for a freaking vacuum. All right, they better better do more than a vacuum. It better be rosy the made from the ingestin. That's all I have to say. So we're gonna end this segment one in the second hour. Coming back, I'm gonna tell you some more of the neat things I saw, the best gaming things, the best wellness and fitness tech tech I I actually saw here, the best automatic door locks, privacy and security, and some of the crazier stuff that I saw. I saw. I saw this thing. It's a it's a spoon. It's a spoon that will make food taste better because it automatically adds salt. Don't even get me started, because I got to take a break. This is Goldiel and the high tech dexit at ces from the great City, but Las Vegas, Nevada. Here for the next dot at forty minutes. Michael Garfield not given really out the phone number this week because we are chock full of information at the annual CEES. My twenty third year, I walked. I don't know the average of what twenty twenty two thousand steps on a daily basis. Then finally I will get to be back home for a bit before I go out to another press conference. I think the embargo is lifted. I will be in San Jose, Califonia, Silicon Valley in a few weeks. Samsung is having a press conference. I'm guessing it's for a phone, and I'm serious because the PR people have not told me exactly what it is. But this is generally the time of year where they do it. Samsung unpacked, probably not a foldable phone. They do those in the summer, so we may see another flagship phone drop. Speaking of flagship phones and dropping, I have had to bite my tongue for what is now free weeks, if not four weeks, because I was and I have to sign these embargos. It's generally how a lot of companies do things with the press. They'll give us information, you cannot say anything until they give it to be okay where they have a coordinated press release in whatever. But speaking of phones, I can talk about right now. For the past three or four weeks, I have had a new Android phone that I really really like. It's from a company also that I've had other cell phones before. You may not be that familiar with it because it doesn't say Samsung, it doesn't say Apple. It is one plus O in E plus one plus and the past several years I've had the one plus fold, I've had the one plus twelve, the one plus twelve R. And for the past few weeks I have played with the super brand new just announced officially to the public a few days ago, the one plus thirteen. And also it's one plus thirteen R. It's sister phone. So let me go through this thing. If you like photos, I really like it. Because they have long partnered with a company called hassele Blod. And if you know anything about photography. I'm talking going back old school photography. Hassleblod in terms of cameras and lenses are one of the top in the world. And there is a hassle Blide co branded camera once again in this and it's very interesting because it's not your typical camera where like right now, look on the back of your phone. Your camera generally has maybe two or three or four little lenses that are smoothed down, almost flush with the back of your phone. Maybe they stick out a little the past several iterations of the one plus it is a circular. Maybe it's about see hold on, let me actually man measure this thing. It's about one. It's about a one and a half inch circle that does protrude a bit out of the backside of the phone. It's a hassle Blode but they have one flash, three lenses and it is strong. It really really is. It is a Qualcom Snapdragon eight Elait, which is the most powerful snap Dragon process or on a mobile platform that has come out yet. It offers about up till let's put it this way, up to sixteen gigs of RAM, which is your really fast performance. It's got a six and one thing I like about one plus. They love their batteries. They pack a good battery. This is the first one plus with a six thousand milli amp silicon nanostack battery. All right, that's gonna ship worldwide. It's a long lasting battery, but it's relatively thin. And also they have a proprietary charging system which it's called what is it is it vrooms what is called I'm sorry er vuk AI r v OOC. You don't need to worry about that, but it charges super fast, real quickly. I'm looking at the photos that I've taken and the videos that I've taken over the past you know, almost month, really been amazing triple camera system. It's got a fifty megapixel sony main camera. I know it's hassleblah, but they obviously they work with other cameras, a fifty meg ultra wide camera and a fifty meg three x telephoto camera and they can capture shots up to ten x zoom because guess what it's got AI. It's got an AI telephoto feature in there too, lots of AI tools. They do have its own proprietary operating system and so it's not a lot of bloated you know Samsung type of stuff. It's the oxygen OS fifteen. It's the latest version of one Plus's proprietary operating system too. But it also has features that are still Android Circle to Search and intelligent Search, and it's really fun playing with the some of the AI features on the camera. They have something that automatically unblur photos and they'll you could use AI to erase reflections and what have you, and what have you. But it's really nice. It comes at a few different colors. Midnight ocean, that's the one I got, Arctic dawn, black Eclipse. My buddy Spencer Blanco actually is in marketing help come up with some of those names. That is the the thirteen. It is on sale now. You can I think they have the you can get him at best Buy, but you can go to one plus O N E p L US one plus. The one plus thirteen starts about nine hundred dollars US. It is on sale now, and the if you want the sixteen gig, it's about one thousand dollars. All right. They are at best By also and they're also on Amazon too. Real quickly. They also let me play with the thirteen R. All right, This doesn't have uh, it's good performance. It is less expensive. It's really for people who want flagship phones type of stuff, some am Ai technology, but a little bit of a more affordable price point too. It still has a snap Dragon eight generation three mobile platform, not as high as that other, you know, Chipset twelve gigs of RAM, but it still has that six thousand milli amp battery, and it does have the Hasslebloot camera and everything else you need. We'll quick if you wanted the price in that on the thirteen R at six hundred dollars, so it's going to save you three hundred and four hundred dollars. But it's still good. Don't sleep in the fact that it's one plus. I mean, if you've never heard of it, it's like, oh, I should have. I've tried these things. I've used one plus for about two years. My daily watch is a one plus watch too. The second version of this, it's an Android watch. I love this thing. But they have launched and I've been playing with that. I bit my tongue. They were so super secret, I'm not kidding you. We had to we had to put a cover on it because from the outside it kind of looks like the older versions of OnePlus, like maybe the twelve or something. I couldn't talk about it, I couldn't show people. I couldn't even let people hold it for literally three weeks. But now the cat is out of the bag and I'm taking pictures. I will post some photos of what the photos look like. And it is nice. And so again, android folks, you have many more options than just the typical ones that you think of. But it was a really it was a fun trip. It was actually a cruise that they took some journalists on. So and they did it because it's it's what is it I P sixty nine, which is kind of a waterproof type of thing, and so they're thinking, oh, if we drop in the ocean, it's still gonna work. Well, if you drop in the ocean, no, pretty much nothing is gonna live or work in the ocean unless it's a fish or something. And so this is it's kind of a waterproof down to ten meters or something, but very very good. And so they are not here on the floor at ces in Vegas as I do the show, but go check it out at best Buy, Amazon and OnePlus dot com. I really really do like that another minute or two before we line up another interview with a gentleman from Asus that just released and launched the world's I'm gonna call it the world's lightest laptop. Now listen. There may some others laptops that have that that are not bigger in America or I don't even know their PR people, But at two point two pounds, this is light. It is powerful, and a lot of my fellow tech journalists, the ILK that I work with, they have in naming it the coolest laptop that has been launched here at CS and I will talk with the product marketing folks of how they designed it, how they released it, and I can give you some ideas of what to expect if you want to do it. So I've got a really good price right about what was it about eight hundred and ninety nine dollars too. It seems that's just kind of like a phone. It seems like that is the price. So if you want to hang on for that, we will reset at the bottom of the hour. We'll come back as we broadcast the show from CEES.
Speaker 7: It is the Michael Garth High Tech Textant Show.
Speaker 1: We continue from the Consumer Electronics show in Vegas. Michael Garfield is the name on the show floor. I appreciate all the folks at CEES for building me this spectacular booth to interview and talk about and kind of get the sites and sounds of what is happening at CES. Laptops and desktops, you know, they're still prevalent over here, and you know you may not need them as often as you think you do, but at some point you're going to need to replace them. Maybe it's for business, and maybe it's for your college kids, or you know, just a typical Hey, listen, I need to go to a coffee shop and surf around. Saw some new ones on the floor and a few caught my eye from specifically from a company I'm very familiar with. It's called a SUS as US worldwide leader when it comes to computing and desktops and laptops. I note specifically two new products that they just launched here at CES, and one of them is interesting is specifically for gamers, and so if you are a gamer, maybe your kids or gamer. I'm really impressed with their new product which is called the rog flow Z thirteen ro og s needs for Republic of gamers, and so if you're playing a game, you certainly know that Rog I'm going to bring in Napoleon. Napoleon he is with a sus he's a product manager and he's going to talk abo a few of these things, my man. First of all, do you play games, Napoleon? Oh? Yeah, all the time? Which games?
Speaker 8: I play A lot of Overwatch, a lot of Marvel rivals recently.
Speaker 1: They're a blast and to play games. And people have to understand you need a very fast computer, you need a very fast desk top. I mean it's really about that chip inside. You've come out with this new ROG flow Z thirteen. Why is this the latest and greatest, newest and the fastest.
Speaker 8: Well, it's a combination of our own technology and the advsments that they're having on the silicon industry.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 8: So for ourselves, the flows thirteen, it's basically what we call the most powerful tablet and we equip it with the news AMD rise in AI Max CPUs and with it. Basically it's the best of the best when it comes to integrate as graphics cards, so gamers can you know, run their games really smoothly and getting that advantage when it comes to competitive gaming.
Speaker 1: Two things are heard there. Number one today d chip obviously, which is very fast. You also called it a tablet, and I'm gonna stop you hearing back up because I've been calling these laptops and there is a difference between a laptop and a tablet. This is actually a two in one. Explain that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, correct, So it is the most powerful tablet. So if people are familiar with kind of like the surface kind of thing where it's a tablet, but you can also attach a keyboard to it, that's essentially what it is. I mean, it actually also has a third mod mode where you can attach it to a EGPU, so it has that capability, so you can connect it to your monitorial desktop, keyboard, mouse, and make it into your workstation.
Speaker 1: But it's also you can make it lighter too. For some reason, you don't want the keyboard, and this is relatively a light keyboard, but it's magnetic, it's detachable. At that point, it becomes a tablet. And you know from a dad with three boys who back in the college days, they I remember specifically they wanted a laptop, they wanted their own tablet, they wanted their own desktop. This actually makes sense. Money wise because you're getting that two for one.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you're getting the best of the best. You get that portability.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Usually when you get the prod of VIA, you sacrifice a little bit on the performance. But in this interision, I think we made it so you get no compromises on these devices.
Speaker 1: This is again it's called the rog Flow Z thirteen. It's just announced. It's not out yet. When will it hit the market?
Speaker 8: So it should be coming out at around eight Q one and it should be started at nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 1: Gotcha all right? Now, one more thing that caught my eye. And it caught my eye because I actually caught this thing flying through the air. I like laptops. Maybe not be a gamer, but I'll tell you what, when I travel, I want something as light as possible. I like light smartphones like light laptops. I've had several of your laptops of the past few years from Age Sus and they are very light, they're very powerful. The Zin book series, the VVO book series, and a lot of the other ones you just came out with. The new Zin book it's the A series fourteen inch, the A fourteen Napoleon. I'm gonna tell you right now, I have never I'm serious, I have never felt anything so light when it comes to a laptop. This is impossible. It feels it's just like a few grams. It's like a few pieces of paper. Tell us about that, and your senses are very own point.
Speaker 8: It is actually the right now the world's lightest called pilot plus PC in the world basically, and the secret of that it's weighing out of a two less than two point five pounds. And the secret for that is basically that you're familiar with the material Sara aluminum that we have debuted like about one.
Speaker 1: Or two years ago.
Speaker 8: This is the first time that we have made the entire chassis of the device with Sarah luminium, whereas previously it was just the cover of it.
Speaker 1: He talked about Sarah aluminum. I remember, listen, there's several different materials you can make laptops out of, starting with metal back of the day, which makes it very heavy. But Sarah aluminum, which is something specifically that you guys make Asis makes, and I remember meeting some of your designers last summer. It's a very you know, hard, is very tough, it's very durable, but it's incredibly light. But what you've did with this, I mean, you know, I mean it's almost Frisbee like it is so flat, and that's important to a lot of people. I probably would suggest college kids. You know, listen, college kids have well they may not have books to schlep, but they have backpacks and things in the last thing they need is get to take a heavy laptop. They probably and I'm gonna guess just because this is a snap Dragon processor, which does I know give you a lot of battery life, they might not even need to take a charger. This probably lasts most all day. Is that right? Yes, that is very correct.
Speaker 8: So when we talk about very thin and light laptops, usually they compromise a little bit when it comes to battery live, right, because you need to give in to you know, make it so thin. But with this zaptop, because it comes with the newest snap Dragon chip, it goes up to thirty two hours of offline video playback time.
Speaker 1: That's the way that we measure it.
Speaker 8: Because it has a seventy one hours battery inside, so it's very portable. You can last all day when you're working outside a school, business, or anything without needing to worry or hunt for an.
Speaker 1: Outlet speaking with Napoleon. He is a product manager at ASU's Computers, specifically right out talking about that Asus new zinbook A fourteen's the AC I'm very familiar with your S series, but this is the A fourteen series. When is it going to come out?
Speaker 8: So this one should be coming out after announcement of a one or two week You should be able to snap it over and it should be starting at eight ninety nine.
Speaker 1: That is not a bad price, awso, because I know this in BOOKAS series may be a little more expensive. At eight ninety nine for something that is so light that that is just incredible. But you also mentioned one more thing als about Copilot. Now, over the course of my weekly radio show, I try to tell people what Copilot is. AI is built in give us a quick overview of what Copilot is and why this is the lightest co pilot laptop in the world so far.
Speaker 8: So Copilot plus PCs are basically the devices that are able to run the program Copilot, which is from Microsoft, and essentially what it is is just an AI assistance that is able to help you throughout the day. So you previously when you're trying to trick the settings from your laptop or do anything you kind of needed to know what is the pathway want to click on or anything. But with Copilot Assistant, you can just tell them in natural languages like hey, I want to make the brightness brighter, or I want to do this presentation, can you do it for me? It to be about dogs or pass or whatever, and it can essentially be more natural and create that for you or help you with your daily needs.
Speaker 1: All right, it is the Microsoft that's co Pilot Plus and this is the lightest one. And I'm telling you what. Listen. I know I just shot a video with you from my TV show and we were tossing this thing around like a frisbee. It is incredibly light. Coming out very very soon within it in about a week or two. It is the Asus Zinbook A fourteen and don't forget about the roog It's called the Flow and that's a thirteen inch in That is the tablet, two of the new products that Asus has announced here at cees Napoleon. Congrats. I know you did a lot of R and D on this thing, and I think you're at as some winners on your hand data.
Speaker 8: Thank you everybody. I bet the market is going to lobby. I hope you guys will enjoy these advisors as much as we have enjoyed making them for you guys.
Speaker 5: Check it out.
Speaker 1: If anybody wants to see some of this video or what they look like, just make sure you hit my Instagram at High Tech Text and Hi G h T E C h T E x A N Michael Garfield as we continue the Big Show first full week here of January of twenty twenty five in Las Vegas at CES, I know segment.
Speaker 2: I can't believe.
Speaker 1: In winding down the twenty twenty five coverage of CDEs known as the Consumer Electronics Show. Oh, it's actually one of the better shows that I have I must say. I've been doing this over two decades coming out here to Las Vegas. I want to thank the folks who run the Consumer Electronics Show, Pam Goldenlauer and all the media folks. They do such a nice job to help me and in so many other media outlets out They build a radio and TV studio for me right here in the Las Vegas Convention Center. It makes it easy for people and companies to come in and I can interview them. Just I just talked to the folks from a SEUs with the world's light my favorite laptop that I saw two point two pounds, one of the world's lightest laptops. I did a lot of TV and a lot of fun Instagram stuff, So thank you everybody for following me and all the fun comments. High tech texts and h I G h T E C h T E x A N. And I know I've been running around. I only sleep probably four to five hours each of these nights that I'm here. The four or five nights I didn't go to more receptions and one on one in medium meetings, and so I don't nearly have edited and posted a lot of the videos yet. And more importantly, I haven't got on there to give something away. This is your chance follow me Instagram, Hi Tech Texan, h I G h T E c h T e x a N. Because I'm going to show off some of the gadgets that a lot of these companies have given me. They said, Michael, why don't you give a few of these away on your radio show. I've got some gaming headsets, tons of external really high powerful battery battery chargers, and who knows when I'm gonna get for the next day or two that I'm out here getting some emails from a lot of folks in San Antonio, Dallas also, you know, which is great. You know, we've only been on those markets in about a month, month and a half. It's like, what's the weirdest, what's the stupidest, what's the craziest stuff you see? It seems like people companies realize that people need help brushing their teeth for some reason, because I've seen some really odd do it robots will brush your teeth for you, like all you need to do. How lazy are we where we have to have devices where we just put a brush that looks like a horse bit, you know, like a U shape thing, and we know, don't do anything, and we let it do it for us. I'm like, there was something called the why the letter Y toothbrush. There's another one called the Willow w I L L. It's the Willow Auto Flow Plus and it's it's I think it's for kids, which is good, you know, because you really can't trust kids when you are brushing your teeth. You chomp down on this horse bit thing with brushes that are on it, and then you stand there with this handle that's dangling out of the machine. Why this horse brush weirs away on the kid's teeth? It looks it looks got like an espresso machine. Is it smart? I don't know. Is it worth it? I don't know. Just why don't you be a parent and watch your kids actually do this thing? I talked about this salt spoon. This one took me five to ten minutes to figure out why I was watching this thing. It's from a company, goed kieran k I R K I R I N. It's the electric salt spoon. And what it does follow me here, people, It changes the salt ions to give your tongue more of that salty taste that we love so much, with just a little less sodium. Just and I actually tried this. They gave us like bowls of ramen, and they gave us the spoon and we hit it and it it kind of did taste a little salt here. I don't know. So if you have a salt intake problem, maybe high blood pressure, this could be the thing for you. That's what look at it. I'm saving one life at a time. Uh, plants, this is always a good time too. I'm reminding myself and some of my other listeners out there who used to be friends or listen to. Randy Lemonon, well, one of my best friends, the former host of the Garden Line. It's been about two years, almost exactly this week that he unfortunately and untimely passed away. But I would always come back and I would say, hey, Randy man, they got all these high tech plants, your job is not going to be needed. And we go back and forth, you know, giving each other the business over here. But it seems that plants now some weird stuff. It's it's like electric plants, something called the leafy pod. Leafy pod. It's a pot. It makes plants talk and it uses sensors so you know if they need watering or they need to be fed. It's I don't know. It's kind of like little Shop of horrorish if you remember that thing like making things stark. There's a number of these plants that that are real, but they give themselves automatic sunlight or things. Robots, more robots, more robots. I mean I saw robot poor cocktails already talked about the robotic vacuums with arms that are coming out. I got mopping vacuums I mean, at some point we really are going to have Rosie the made from the jets and you know that we're there too. What else is kind of odd and weird. There was you know, there's laptops that actually will flip out to give you more screened there. There's a company called flip Go. It's a horizon. It's they're extra panels to give you kind of like a three panel laptop. People, you don't need that. I didn't even find out how much it was. There were just things are out there. And I'll say it again as we're winding up coverage, and I did a lot of different hits on TV and radio too. Michael, what's this? What's the best thing? You are? The one? It was a radio station. They said, what percentage of product that you see at cees in any given year are actually released that are on sale. It's a really good question, and I estimated, I think I said maybe twenty percent, maybe thirty percent. A lot of this stuff out here, the concept, the research and development, their brands that want to get their product in front of people like me and the five thousand other journalists from around the world that have been here all week so we can talk about their brand. Doesn't matter if it's coming out. But if you say the word, you know I just gave. I gave the Willow Auto Flow plus the Little Kid's Crazy toothbrush. I gave them about thirty seconds of air time. So congrats they won. So you take these things for granted. I told you about cars. Sony and Honda just announced their car for eighty nine thousand dollars. That's not going to be in the market for at least a year and a half, so that's not coming out you know this year too. It's fun, it's fun to speculate. But at the end of the day, if I could tell you exactly what the next big thing is, if I could tell you why this is going to change your life and what takes back, I'd be retired people. I would buy stock in the company. I would create it myself. We don't know where trends go. I started this radio show in my TV presence the Moniker of the High Tech Text in twenty three years actually twenty four years ago. I need to start using the number twenty four. Twenty four years ago. Man, I didn't know. The only AI I knew was Alan Iverson and I don't even know if I knew him back then? Was he in college at Georgetown? There was no artificial intelligence? What was that? Well was an electric vehicle? Now way, man, everything's powered by gas. Everything's powered gas. A television that can roll up, a television that could you know, be transparent when you turn it off, A one hundred and fifteen inch TD that can hang them the wall. I didn't know this stuff, you know, and we barely actually, we didn't know what an app was when I started the first app. I believe that was the second generation iPhone. When they came up with an app application was two thousand and seven of two thousand and eight. So when I started my show in two thousand and one, two thousand and two, I didn't know. We all had flip phones, we had blackberries. If I knew any of this stuff, I would be elon musketized rich. I would I'd create space things.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: I don't know, it's fun. I'm just a dude trying to be a dude, portraying a dude on the radio and TV and having fun at it and bringing stuff home over under a number of bags. I'm bringing back on Southwest Airline. I don't know, I know, you get two bags fly free. You can carry two smaller ones on. I may have to be playing some extra because I got a lot of samples I'm bringing back for you. Well, God, I'm gonna sort them out. Next week we'll give some away, but I will start the giveaways on my social media if you're a Facebook fan, will do some of that. But I'm a big, big, big Instagram. I had a lot of fun. Go check out Instagram. You could see me on the field at Allegian Stadium with a Raiders play trying to kick a field goal. Because sports and technology you're coming together. I got to meet a lot of people, do a lot of things. And my job is deferent to my dear listeners in Houston, in Dallas and San Antonio chresturally, but also all over that country, if not the world on the heart radio hallam Reed. Thank you so much for doing this from AFAR, putting us up on those stations in the burg. Thanks to everybody here at CES locally in Las Vegas for having me out here for over two decades and having some find lessen travel safely. Bundle up where we are and Texas is cold. Football seasons is in the we can concentred on that. But for everybody who's been a part of this big Angules Cees broadcast of the Hiking Texans HLID, thank you. But right now signing off from Las Vegas, my show is over.