Speaker 1: Channel nine first one and one forecast today. You gotta mostly cloudy day today. It's going to be some flurries this afternoon, at least possible thirty one for the high, down to nine degrees overnight. Tomorrow's high twenty five on your sunny skies, a few clouds overnight own of thirteen. Saturday is going to be cloudy but warmer. I have forty one right now, sixteen degrees at five kastee talk station.
Speaker 2: Traffic time from the UCL Traffic Center, and you see Health. You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal. Oh, it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes, expect more, and you see health dot Com. Highways doing fine. I'm not seeing any problems to deal with there as of yet for your Thursday morning commute. But a three car accident on Beakman at Hoppole Pass. Both fire and public saw on the scene. One of the cars caught fire. Chuck Ingraman fifty five KRE see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Hey six thirty fifty five KRC DE talk station. Great day to being Time to be tuned into fifty five KRC Morning show Man. We all love here. In the greater Cincinnati area and people love throughout this country and this great land of ours. Welcome back, former Secretary of State of Ohio, Treasure of Ohio, former mayor of the City of Cincinnati, and someone who's never ever stopped working. He's with the senior fella with Family Research Council. Welcome back, Ken Blackwell. It's always a pleasure having you on the show.
Speaker 3: Top of the Money and Brian good to be with you.
Speaker 1: Your reaction, how'd you feel when the when when when Monday finally rolled around and Donald Trump got sworn? In my reactions, I quite literally, sir, felt like a weight had been lifted. As I've been walking around for the past four years with this tense concern for our country and the direction that is going. It's almost as if someone flipped the switch on.
Speaker 3: Oh absolutely, and that's a that's a good way of looking at it, because once that switch was flipped, a ball of energy and intelligence hit the White House and he's he just has been working. You know, this guy is not only a business tycoon and a developer. He understands some very fund principles and he actually understands American history. Everybody a lot of people, particularly on the left, thought he was this looney tune when he said, you know, we're going to put off on the table to denmark to the person's a part of their property. Well neghbrase, Oh he can't do that. Well hind the heck, dude. People just don't remember that we purchased Russia from Russia in eighteen sixty seven. Alaska.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think they regret selling it to us, But you're right, it can be done. And to your point about him being a businessman, it's like the Bengals. You know, you ask huge, and you expect your initial ask to be whittled away. That's when the negotiation process comes in. So he says he wants to buy it. But look what's happened. The folks Greenland, by you know, it's been widely reported, may not be all fired up about being purchased by the United States, but it has spurred an independence movement in their country, and they also suggest that they want closer ties to the United States. The reason Trump wants it won there's all kinds of natural resources there that could be tapped in which are not being tapped in. But also because of strategic significance in connection with global affairs. So if they want to embrace the United States and become closer with US, it all starts with a question, with a statement like I want to buy Greenland.
Speaker 3: Oh absolutely, you know, he's the master of the transaction. The other thing that he really understands is that capital seeks the pay at least at least resistance and greatest opportunity. He's not the first to understand that. Reagan understood it, but Trump has been living that principle and understanding that for all of his adult life, and so he understands that won we in fact have to cut taxes, you know, to make in fact it attractive to invest in the US again. The last time around he was able to create a climate that brought almost two and a half trillion dollars offshore back into the American economy, and Brian is off to do it again. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, it's apparently the idea of getting businesses to move here seems to be working. That's part of the tariff component.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Trump's position is, listen, if we increase these tariffs, more businesses will want to come here and settle up and start up here. So was at LG Manufactured electronics manufacturer, washing machine manufacturer. I believe it was a Whirlpool or whatever moving or are talking about moving their Mexican production here to the United States and start producing these items in American facilities. I think Solanis is moving the production of jeeps back to Illinois if I read that article correctly this morning. But it seems to be having an impact. Yes, Slantis to reopen Illinois g plants and produced the Dodge Durango in Detroit after meeting with Donald Trump moving in here. So that's what that's the goal, that's desire and apparently is bearing fruit already.
Speaker 3: Well, I tell you, uh, iran for almost four years now. Another operation, Another group of thinkers and action oriented people that I work with are the folks over at the America First Politic Institute that was headed up by by Brooke Rollins UH. Linda McMahon was the chairman. New Gingrich is on the board. UH, and we've we've been working to in fact put in place, UH many of the executive orders and the executive actions that this president has has has worked on. A group of of of of scholars and policy walks UH and administrators came out of the excuse me, they came out of the I'm just just so pumped up about it. All right, It's okay. Non Trump's don Trump's administration, and in fact said we're going to go back, and when we go back, we're going to be ready.
Speaker 1: Let's pause. Well, bring Ken Blackwell back. I want to talk a little bit about energy policy because Trump is unleashing the energy that we have right here, and that's certainly, from my perspective, is going to create great opportunities for more business to come to America. Pause, will bring Ken Weell Blackwell back. It's six thirty five right now. If you five KCD talk station, we mentioned a fantastic product and one you wish you had right now in these cold temperatures. That's USA Insulation. Your home is under insulated. I bet you're feeling it right now. Is that furnace stopped running for the past week. No, it's probably been running non stop. Your furnace will burn out earlier if your home is under insulated or uninsulated. And that's where USA's premium phone comes in. Call for a free inspection. Maybe you don't know if you're under insulating, So I think I got something in They can find out if you have insufficient they can add the phone to that. It's the highest R value POHAE in the market, made right here in the state of Ohio. Thousands of people have done the right thing and insulated their home and you should too. Call for the free inspection, find out what the quote is and it's only ninety nine dollars a month interest free, and it's very very possible you save more than that on your energy bill. It's about comfort, immediate comfort and energy savings as long as the house still stands. Do the right thing. You'll be eligible for a twelve undred dollars energy tax credit next year when you're doing your taxes. On top of it online it's USA Insulation dot net five one three three eight one three six two six five one three three eight one foam fifty five KRC. Hey, it's Bobby Bones. Join me in former NFL quarterback Matt Castle for our new podcast, Lots to Say with Bobby Bones and Matt Castle. Uh quick chan on nine.
Speaker 3: Weather.
Speaker 1: We have a high thirty one today and maybe some flurries this afternoon. Cloudy overnight low of nine. It'll be sunny tomorrow, high at twenty five piles over night down to thirteen to cloudy Saturday up to forty one eighteen degrees right now traffic.
Speaker 2: Time from the UCL Traffic Center, and you see health. You'll find comprehensive care that's so person Oh, it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes, expect more, and you see health dot Com Highways doing fine. I'm not seeing any problems to deal with there as of yet for your Thursday morning commute. But a three car accident on Beakman at Hoppel has both fire and publice saw on the scene. One of the cars caught fire. Chuck Ingraman fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Sixty nine fifty about KRCD talks station Brian Thomas with Ken Blackwell. Always love hearing from Ken Blackwell and Ken pivoting over. Obviously, Donald Trump hit the ground running. I don't think you can describe it really better than that. All these executive orders and praase, Dear God, let this be true and let it stick. What appears to be the end of this climate change religion used to be global warming until the blizzard hit the Southern States. Ken, and now it's it's you know it's climate change.
Speaker 3: So uh.
Speaker 1: But you know, pulling us out of the Paris Accord got the National Energy Emergency, which opens up millions of acres in Alaska. We've got more oil, gas and energy in this country than anyplace else on earth, he pointed out. And you know, just go ahead and contract you want a real time illustration contrasted with what's going on in Germany, the former economic powerhouse of the European Union. They can't even keep their lights on. Factories literally shut down because they cannot afford to pay the energy bill. You don't produce goods and services if you can't pay the electric bill. And they relying on the wind and solar until ken, the wind stops flowing and the sun doesn't shine, then they borrow nuclear power from France. Ken.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. Look what the President has said that he not only wants to make the United States of America energy independent, he wants to make us energy dominant. He understands that we have the intellectual genius and the natural resources, uh to get our economy growing at an accelerated pace. Put Americans back to work, giving them ample sovereigns. But one of the things that people don't know is that what by even in fighting inflation, the energy strategy has a high impact. Uh. And so he understands that one of the ways that you bring down the cost is in fact making understanding what the petroleum and and other energy sources go into in terms of agriculture, in terms you know, just running our factory.
Speaker 1: So plastic. Can we live without plastic?
Speaker 3: He's he's and look and and the reason I tell you all gingas all the time we went back with Reagan and Reacan and even Nixon, those folks said we will make sure that America that we improved the air in America and the water. And I challenge anybody to show us where our water and our air is second to any in the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, there's no question about it. And you know, Kennis, I've observed many times over the years, wealth is what allows you to clean up the environment. When you have an abundance of wealth, you can allocate resources to clean things up or improve conditions. But you have to have the money first, absolutely.
Speaker 3: And President Trump understands that. But what I really like about the way he's jump started everything associated with Washington d C. Is that this guy never treated any part of America a flower a country, right that and so he has fundamentally realign the Republican Party base in America and he understands that that base, that energy, that imagination, that confidence and confidence and pride in America is what's going to push this train down the track. And that's what people have underestimated this guy, you know he is He is the true definition of a blue collar billionaire. Yeah, he just his work ethic, his love of the country, uh, and his love of Americans, America first is his thing and that works.
Speaker 1: Isn't it amazing? You know that wasn't that long ago that there are Particans of the Republicans with a party of you know, elite billionaires and rubbing shoulders with the corporate lead. They didn't give a damn about the front line Americans. And look at the Republican Party now versus the Democrat Party who are surrounded by all of the corporate greed.
Speaker 3: Right. It's so funny being in DC and the inauguration and to watch a lot of and to listen to a so called legacy media h talk about, Oh isn't it awful? Look at it? Look at it. Look at those guys who are those billionaires who are with Trump. You know, just a year ago, many of those billionaires we are on the other side and they don't complaining about them. Then, yeah, but the Trump understands that he could create an environment and that most of those folks have some intelligence and they in fact want to be on the winning team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, real quick here before we part company, can back to the energy thing. I am really hopeful. I mean, first off, an abundance of energy and resources for generating energy will lower our energy bills. These laws of supplying demand. If you have a whole lot of it, it becomes less expensive. So we'll all get a raise if Trump's policies move forward, as I hope they do. But part of this component, and it also works within the green religion that's going on out there, why can't we build nuclear plants here in the United States of America? And I think one thing that's going to allow us to unleash that unbelievably wonderful energy generation source is artificial intelligence. You know, when these billionaires want to build these massive AI facilities, and they are, and we need to compete with China in the area of AI, and we do. They're talking about building their own nuclear facilities to power these plants. Maybe that is the key to unlocking us getting this abundant energy supply which happens to be carbon neutral.
Speaker 3: Oh absolutely, And that we just close out with this. Trump has not just been focused on false appuels. He has always said we're going to be utilizing all of the above, and so he understands just what you just said that in fact, we're going to be where it's nuclear, whether it's you know, you can just name it avery source, but it's all of the above without a our foundation source.
Speaker 1: Let the smartest ideas in the room prevail and do not artificially prevent them with some nonsensical comment about, you know, exhalation killing the planet. My take on it. Anyway, Ken Blackwell, you are always welcome here in the fifty five Cassey Morning showing that my listeners love you in ID two and keep up the great work and keep speaking truth, well formally truth to power. Now we got truth as the dominant message now, don't we.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And let me just close out by saying one of the things my dad used to always say, faith on tested cannot be trusted. I have an abundant of faith in our country and our city, and in our people and in our God.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you, well stated, and God bless you, sir. I'll look forward to having you on again real soon. Stay well, six forty seven here, fifty five cars the talk station, Joel open. The phone line's got a few minutes to take calls. If you have a comment, maybe on something Ken said, we'll do. We'll hear from Dave Williams from the Taxpayer Protection Alliance after the top of the all in our news on a whole host of topics. But first, Fast and Pro roofing. Yeah, Fast and Pro roofing. You can expect your roof and you should have Fast and Pro do it rather than some other roofing company which may not be honest. And I've mentioned years a year after year after year because I've been speaking and happily speaking on behalf of Fast and Pro. They are just a bunch of con artists out in the roofing business. It's just so easy to scam people. And I think of like a senior citizen for example. I mean, you may be young enough you can get and climb up around your roof and you may know what you're looking for in terms of problems you might encounter, but you're like me, you don't want to go up there and you don't know what you're looking for. But a senior may not even position. If they know everything there is to know about roof and you get up on the roof, well they might get scammed. Don't go down that road. Call Ray and amand at Fast and Pro Roof and they have an outstanding team. I cannot imagine roofing being done better than the craftsmen level roofing you get with Fast and Pro, whether it's residential or commercial, regardless of what type of roof you have, if it needs to be replaced, you could go with a metal roof and replace in your shingle roof. That's an option. They do those copper, beautiful copper work. I recommend you check that out. It's just it's craftsman level stuff, folks. Exterior projects like siding and railings and things of that nature, skylights, gutters, gutter guards, even new box cutters. But it starts with that free roof inspection and free quote if work which really needs to be done, and you're gonna love what they do for you. I certainly love the work they did at my home. That's why they enjoy an A plus with a better business feer. The honest professionals can be reached at five one three seven seven four ninety four ninety five. Five one three seven seven four ninety four ninety five. Learn more online and check out the work. It's Fasten, Fast and fastenproroofing dot com fifty five krc I
Speaker 2: Wish I'd gotten treated for myrectile dysfunction