Speaker 1: Eddie Dragon with an astonishing update on the World Trade Center Building 7.
Speaker 2: Do you realize that because of you, this city is being overrun by baboons?
Speaker 3: Well, isn't that the fault of the voters?
Speaker 1: Eddie, do you have new conspiracies about Building 7? Because I thought that one was pretty clear.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That the owner said pull it.
Speaker 4: Pull it. Oh, Walter, good morning. How about that full moon fever going on? Steve Cates, Dr. Sky, man, that's fun. And then how about these Nepalese floods? Have you looked at this stuff?
Speaker 3: I mean.
Speaker 2: Do you realize that because of you, this city is being overrun by baboons?
Speaker 3: Well... Isn't that the fault of the voters?
Speaker 1: But about Building 7.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir. I'll get right on it.
Speaker 3: I apologize. I'm not going to miss.
Speaker 1: You've upset the woman with the baboons.
Speaker 2: Do you realize that because of you, this city is being overrun by baboons?
Speaker 3: Well, isn't that the fault of the voters?
Speaker 1: Building 7, Eddie Dragon.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir. Well, tonight, Walter, a new date has been placed on one of the longest running cases in American history. That's right. Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the man that U.S. prosecutors have described as the principal architect of the September the 11th attacks. We're 15 days away. Big gala, you know, memorializing September the 11th, the day we should never forget, by the way. There's a schedule to go on trial. This just coming out today before a military commission at Guantanamo, June 5th, 2028. So a military judge, Walter rejected the government's push for a January, 2027 start saying there is still, still too much unresolved pretrial litigation. So arguments over evidence procedure and the legal legacy of a case that has been delayed for more than two decades, 27 years is what the official number is going to be when it finally gets underway in 2028. So Muhammad is, uh, expected to be tried with three alleged co-conspirators, including Waleed bin Atash, Ali Abdul Aziz Ali, and Mustafa Al Hawassawi. Now, the date itself is staggering, of course, because the day that we'll live forever, September 11, 2001, is now almost a generation, maybe two behind us. And many Americans who were not yet even born are to believe that mourning our adults today. And The criminal case surrounding the attacks has still not reached a verdict. And that long delay has helped keep the questions alive. And some of the legal questions, you know, can a military commission, I don't know, handle a case this consequential at this point, nearly 30 years later? What evidence is admissible after interrogations that involve torture? Can there ever be an actual trial where the families of victims regard as both legitimate and final? There's a lot of other questions that have taken a very different form, of course, and they've become the territory of suspicion and distrust and internet argument and conspiracy theories. And at the center of all that is what we're going to talk about tonight, Midnight Misfits, Walter, and that's the second category. 15 days from September 11th, the 25th anniversary of that, sits World Trade Center, Building 7. And at 5.20 that afternoon, depending upon what you're watching, what you're seeing back then, 47-story office tower north of the main World Trade Center WTC complex collapsed, and it was not hit by an airplane. The building had been damaged when the north tower came down at 1028 that morning. Debris struck its south face, and fires burned for hours on multiple floors. They were burning. That is there. Water supplies compromised. course the fires could not be effectively controlled and building seven fell millions of people later saw the images and you know they all asked the same questions that we all asked to this very day how does a 47 story steel framed building collapse in a way that to the untrained eye to all of us looks almost like a planned demolition and that's the question that has sustained building seven controversy now for more than 25 years and It's worth being really precise about all this and what is known, what's alleged, and what has not been proven as of yet. And Building 7 was not some sort of obscure structure. It was actually completed significantly later, 15 years later than the WTC, 1987. It was home to major commercial tenants, Solomon Smith Barney. It also housed government offices, something that has become you know, sort of the central argument in all of this. And there's other notable three-letter federal agencies, of course. And some rumored, by the way, this is not all real, okay? People have said, you know, of course the IRS was in there. You had the SEC, Security and Exchange Commission there. What was not in there was the CIA, by the way. Other government tenants included the U.S. Secret Service, however. And that is not of course a three letter acronym, but the EEOC, the equal employment opportunity commission, all these offices that were there, the city's office of emergency management specifically was located there. Contemporary reports actually identified those agencies and the defense department related operations also in that building. But you'll often hear people say that the CIA, as I mentioned, had an office in there. That claim has been circulated all over the place, right? Online documentaries everywhere. And it is not included in the actual federal tenant list at the end of the day. So why does this tenant list matter to conspiracy theorists? And why do people keep going to this, right? There's something to hide there. That's, of course, because the IRS, the SEC are connected to the public mind, to taxes, regulation, corporate power, financial records, investigations. You know, people benefited from the World Trade Center's coming down. Some proponents have actually argued that the building's collapse conveniently destroyed sensitive files, evidence. Others have also pointed to the presence of, I don't know, security offices in that Building 7. It must have been more important, and that's why they had to have the building come down. But the existence of government tenants, Walter, is not by itself evidence that the building was deliberately destroyed. Office buildings in lower Manhattan routinely house government agencies alongside banks and law firms and brokers and private companies, etc. But the central conspiracy claim is not really about those tenants, is it? It's about the collapse. And you go and you look at the video and you watch the video and you say, well, how does a building come down that quickly? That controlled, quote unquote, demolition argument goes a little bit like this. And the midnight misfits can, you know, Correct me on any of this because everyone has their own version of that.
Speaker 1: They can't because they're drunk. They're not going to call and correct you. You're just going to be out there all on your own with this theory.
Speaker 4: Just me. I'm hanging out there.
Speaker 1: And as I was in Manhattan when this all happened and I watched that building and I saw that building. Yes, there were fires in the building on one floor in the middle. The slow burning fire and never in history. has a steel-framed skyscraper come down from a fire.
Speaker 4: That building accelerated at free fall acceleration pace. In fact, if you drop a ball next to it, it would drop at exactly the same pace. So you, of course, Walter, by suggesting what you're suggesting, are saying that there's more likely a controlled demolition involved in building number seven. But The National Institute for Standards and Technology, because all these architects and engineers, the architects for truth, you know, et cetera, have all like sort of, you know, come forward with all of this, right? You know, they're doing their very best to kind of uncover what's there. But critics have said that the means of the building structure must have been removed almost instantly.
Speaker 3: That's the argument.
Speaker 4: They highlighted that. a comment by a leaseholder, Larry Silverstein, in a 2002 television documentary, where he said, quote, decided to pull it, as you stated at the very beginning. Yeah, let's pull it, right?
Speaker 1: Well, there's even video of him on the phone with some foreman, and they were spelling out the problems to him, and he said, well, we should pull it. There's video of him saying that.
Speaker 4: And it's out there. Everyone's looking at this. But You know, there's an alternative reading to all this, Walter, and that's that Silverstein was actually referring to pulling the firefighters away from the unsafe building.
Speaker 3: Do you buy that?
Speaker 1: No, because he said pull it.
Speaker 4: Well, behind Silverstein's representatives and what they've given in all of this, that's all there. But there's one very important clip, and that's the BBC clip. On the afternoon of 9-11, BBC News mistakenly reported ahead of time that Building 7 had collapsed while the building was still at that time standing in the background of that live shot, Walter. So whatever the official investigations say, we still don't know. There's still a lot of mystery around all this. And what say you?
Speaker 1: Tremendous mystery around it. Eddie Dragon with an update on Building 7 World Trade Center. Terrifying story. Thank you for being on the other side of Midnight.