Speaker 1: I'm Jeff Jackson.
Speaker 2: Welcome forward to the Jesse Jackson Junior Show on k BL Talk fifteen eighty.
Speaker 1: This is the Jay Lux Club and thank.
Speaker 2: God it's Friday.
Speaker 3: Gina Garry Create, our very special creator of the Jesse Jackson Jujor Show, joins us on Fat Meat Fridays.
Speaker 2: She is the president and founder of five nineteen Productions, as well as a graduate of Princeton Theological Seminary in Hampton University. Gina, welcome forward to the show.
Speaker 4: Well, Happy Friday, Jesse Jackson Junior.
Speaker 2: I'm particularly honored to be here today, and I'm equally I'm equally as honored. In a week, what a week it's been.
Speaker 4: It's been amazing week month, and you're.
Speaker 2: Already it's been something. The shooting of the by the ice agent of Renee Good in Minnesota continues to dominate the news, with more and more footage and evidence coming out. I just heard a few moments ago that the ice agent who fired the shot has a camera video on their cell phone because they were walking around the car holding cell phone, offering yet another perspective of the incident. Any initial thoughtogy.
Speaker 4: My initial thought is that there's no need to shoot someone in the face. How about a tire. Let's shoot the tire if you had to stop her. So that kind of brute force and getting people accustomed to and numbed to is where we are right now. And it's unfortunate. But I'm gonna say this. I think her name Renee Good, and I pray that she will not go without the good that this incident can possibly bring about.
Speaker 2: Praying also for the people of Minnesota. Oh yeah, just four blocks from the assassination, if you will, the murder of George Floyd. And but this is a tough neighborhood. I mean, it's not tough completely, because it's tough in the traditional sense. It's tough emotionally, spiritually, mentally, and its impact on the nation is resounding well.
Speaker 4: And when our second our guest comes on, we're going to talk about it a little bit because we're both fans of Minneapolis and Minnesota for many different reasons. But we'll hold that on. We'll hold that for right now, and we'll have some of that conversation with Bishop Tulton because we know that he is going to bring a perspective that is going to shake the roof off the place.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Wow, So the President of the United States has also just tweeted critical market based information on the stock markets with the I believe the labor report that has been released, nearly five million people are struggling to find jobs working part time in the United States, two million of them are chronically chronically unemployed, and yet he continues to boast his economic numbers. But what's so surprising about this. This information that he released was released on his social media website ahead of when the government officially releases it. And this information has impact for the reaction of markets. The Federal Bureau, I'm sorry, the Federal Reserve Board, it has information that well can give insiders with the information access to the critical vital organs of the economic system.
Speaker 1: Which is.
Speaker 2: It's illegal. It's illegal. It has to be released officially. You can't give it to your supporters or shared with people on the inside before.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you know what you're listening and reading, you know you certainly will make move there. But the other thing about it is, you know how this is fat be Friday and we have to just tell the truth. So undisciplined anyway. I mean, it could be that somebody said, hey, let's not talk about this list, not tweet about this list. President, And you know here he goes down down the hallway and into his room, you know, like a little kid with Mario Brothers or some sort of game, and you know that's what this is to him in some respects, It's a game.
Speaker 2: I'm deeply troubled by breakdown in the norms of the federal government, and I think everyone probably should be because we didn't hear this kind of leakage. And I don't think in any administration since I have been alive, the information is held that close to the vest and the President of the United States always signals, and we should be deeply concerned that people who move their moneies around in the market might have access to information from the government about the direction of the markets before they before the people do. And that is I don't know, is it insider trading? Is it insider I think you can go to prison for it.
Speaker 4: I mean it is that. And then it's unbridled discipline, undisciplined unbridled discipline.
Speaker 2: Gina, what are we talking about today.
Speaker 4: Well, we are welcoming one of our favorite guests first Fridays with Bishop Joseph Tulton.
Speaker 1: I'm excited about that.
Speaker 4: I know me too, and in the second hour, Gallo Brooks will be joining us.
Speaker 2: Very much looking forward to that. Bishop Tulton is the founder and president of Interconnected Justice, which was established in twenty nineteen. The strategic intent of the organization is to be a force uniting global racial justice movements at which the continent of Africa and the diaspora built an ecosystem of self disciplined and determined advocacy. The Bishop's passion for connecting Black Lives Matter and Pan Africanism from his deep convictions that the global project of our lifetime is to dismantle white supremacy and to deconstruct patriarch. Bishop Tulton believes this is a spiritual project that demands a highly connected secular activism. As an LGBT global faith leader, Bishop Tulton continues to serve to Bishop as the Bishop of Global Ministries for the Fellowship of Affirming Ministries. In this capacity, he designs and manages pfam's justice ministries and collaborations outside of the United States, with focus on East Africa. Bishop Tilton works directly with leaders to build integrated justice movements, connecting activists with civil society advocates, media, professionals, academics, and political leaders. Bishop Tulton graduated from Vassar with a BA in religion and also earned an MBA from Columbia University Business School. Bishop Tulton, Welcome forward to the Jesse Jackson Junior Show. Fat Meet Friddays with Gena Towns.
Speaker 5: Blessings to both of you, my dear friends and colleagues, and Happy New Year to you.
Speaker 1: Just a joy to be with you today.
Speaker 2: Bishop, you know you have an MBA. I know that we're going to be coming back and talking about what it means to the President of the United States to issue information that should be released officially by the government. I'm very much looking forward to this conversation and to pan the entire globe with your thoughts about what's happening in our world and domestically. I'm Jesse Jackson Junior. You've been listening to the Jesse Jackson Junior Show on KLA Talk fifteen eighty. Our very special guest on Fat Meat Fridays with our leading contributor, Gina Towns, is Bishop Josephulton. Or when we come forward k BOLA Talk. I'm Jesse Jackson Jior. Welcome forward to the Jesse Jackson Junior Show on Fat Meat Fridays with Gina Towns with our the Jay Lunch Club. Especially today, our very special guest is Bishop Tulton. Bishop Tolton has an MBA from Columbia University, and I'm just wondering in this moment, Bishop, how much more different would your life be if you had inside information from the government of the United States before the rest of the public on what the markets might react to.
Speaker 5: My life would be quite different. I think it's called I think I might buy KBL. That's what I would do. Insider information. I mean, we understand what happened to the stock market. We see some of the companies whose valuations increased, their stock prices increase. And one of the things that I think that we're going to need to follow is of course always the money, but which members of Congress and which members of Trump's cabinet actually made some stock trades or purchases as a result of that insider information. I think that that will be extraordinarily telling, because we are talking as much about business here as we are about politics. Given that the President briefed oil executives before he briefed Congress.
Speaker 3: Ooh, Bishop, follow the Honey Securities and Exchange Commission. What were the trades that took place from a very narrow group of Americans who had access to this information.
Speaker 2: We the people want to know.
Speaker 4: Gina, do you remember that that one dog It was a cartoon way back and then he would have a biscuit. He would smell the biscuit somewhere and he'd be looking for the biscuit. Then he'd find the biscuit and go, Now whatever his name is. That's how I feel like, you know, this is when they're in these meetings and there are privileged people in these meetings that they can just hardly hold, you know, their breath. They can hardly hold the thought of, you know, the greed that must be raging. And you know, Bishop, one of the reasons why we jail so well here on first Friday as well, it's not the first Friday, let's be clear about that. We had to get you on because last week it was the first day of the year, so everybody got the day off. But we have some time to think. And it's just amazing to me because we have to be able to on fat meat Fridays, go ahead and discern that we are not just looking at the actions of people, but the actions really result from an overflow of heart. And that's why I bring up the idea of breed.
Speaker 5: This entire adventure is grounded in greed, but what I've been thinking about recently is that it is an insatiable greed. It is kind of like pouring water into a cup with a hole in the bottom. You simply cannot fill the cup. You cannot get enough water. And this is exactly I think what the very premise of dominion. In domination is, I have such a fear that there's not enough that I have to horde and extract, and I have to loot and I have to rob, and I have to do it in perpetuity because I can never be satisfied. I mean, it's really kind of how a junkie or an attic, Sorry to use it to dispara word, but I will call them junkies really in this case, how they behave You were always looking for that next fix, and there is no high like the first high, so therefore you can never be satisfied. I mean, think about that in terms of we think about ourselves as kind of being you know, victimized, which we are, but imagine being trapped in that kind of a psychological mode of thinking that is also torture, that is also great oppression. So I think it's important for us to always realize how sick and oppressed these people are who are doing what they're.
Speaker 1: Doing to us.
Speaker 4: You know, in this moment, I also think because I can't remember who it was over the past couple of days, and it may have been a tea but yesterday on conversations with the tea, but when he talked about that many people arrive at a same place, but they arrive at that place because they come from different different places. So in this instance, when you talk about an insatiability from not getting the same high that you got on the first hit, if you will, there's also food insecurity. When you have insecurity that exists, you tend to pour, You tend to always are looking like a mouse looking for cheese. And and sometimes you do get caught in the trap.
Speaker 1: Oh absolutely you do.
Speaker 5: And you know, I think what's interesting about that statement, Gina is that yes, he got caught in the trap, but these are people who don't care that they've gotten caught. I think that this is this is a part of what is frustrating us as we deal with them. You know, certainly in my lifetime growing up, you know, there were things like kind of white guilt, which is really about having a consciousness of how your privilege is giving you certain advantages and wanting to be a part of a system that creates redress. And we kind of, you know, give it the uh cliche of that's that's that's white guilt, but that was really a certain consciousness. Our problem here is that the folks that were up again have no sense of consciousness. I know, we all saw Stephen Miller on Fox recently where we were stupefied by what he said that the world operates based on power. The world operates based on your strength and your might. And because we have the military power, the strength, and the might, this is how the world works. So imperialism, let it roll. And you know, our values around democracy and equity and having a sense for inclusion and in the embrace of all humanity and wanting to lift all humanity. Certainly, that's the Christian the Christian ethic, all of that has not it has just been trampled upon, it has gone away, and they are with just kind of nakedly expressive their incredible desires to recolonize the world, destroy the current global order, and create zones where autocrats will essentially rule in their zones. And they're doing it by the moves that they're make King on the Western hemisphere.
Speaker 2: Gina, Bishop, I'd like to, because this is our longest segment in the hour pivot, if you don't mind, Bishop, to your insights on how we were horrified as a nation to see this mother of three children I believe, shot by a nice agent in Minneapolis, Minnesota, just four blocks away from where Derek Chauvin put his knee in the neck of George Floyd. I'm thinking in this moment that the spirit energy that's coming from the behavior of the administration where this woman was essentially killed by the United States of America an unarmed civilian. Bishop, take your time. Where are we in our national spiritual consciousness?
Speaker 5: The Scripture says that we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principal and powers and against spiritual wickedness. Authoritarians are able to do what they do because the people who are under their rule will oftentime minic mimic and begin to embrace the m o by which that authoritarian operates, they will begin to aspire to actually be like that authoritarian. So they cover their behavior that that that that dictator's behavior. Uh, they make excuses for it, but then they begin to to to to to replicate it, which is when it becomes very dangerous. So to hear Stephen Miller say that it is about power, and because we have the power, we will use it, it speaks to a very particular headset and mentality that is now flowing from Trump to his through his cabinet, all the way down now to Ice. And let's be clear, Ice is organized as really the president personal militia. He pardoned the January sixth folks to send a message that no matter what your criminal behavior is, as long as you're on my side, I am going to cover you. And then, of course we had the ugly Bill which made such a huge investment in Ice to give him the financial backing to create a militia in which there is a more investment in Ice than some nations spend on their military at large. So very much so, we are seeing the mentality, the spirit, the mo the hyper masculine posture of the president literally and his men now being internalized and embraced by ice agents, and they are behaving accordingly.
Speaker 2: I don't think I've heard I've heard a better interpretation, Gina. They're internalizing the spirit energy of the of the top of the nation, the permission that has de facto no more more than the facto just direct delivered to them to carry out these particular orders. But in this particular case, Gina, it ends up in the face of a mother who was unarmed, who had just dropped her child off to school.
Speaker 4: You know, I think that it's Ernest Krim on our show and the Tiva. That's well, we'll talk about the importance of knowing history, because you do realize that along the way that there are people who have a different skin tone who pay part of this cost as well and their collateral damage. Let's be very very clear that there is no difference in some instances when it comes to money. Poverty is also a separator and the whole idea of a caste system. But what's very interesting to me about this discussion is that it really started so long ago, and it's started so innocently, and that's how those types of spirits work. If you think about it, during what was the name of Trump's show, The Apprentice, and the ability. You know, people found it funny when people would watch these projects and see people making mistakes and kind of laugh. It was some sort of you know, then you'd get to the table, we'd judge you, and then you're fired. And people want to have that kind of authority in their own lives. And so there was an affinity that people began, black and white, an affinity toward this person who would eventually become president. A reality you know, TV show star equivalent to a ring master with different acts going on in the circus rings, a ring master, if you will, perpetuating, you know, all kinds of things. That's what I feel like we're in in some ways, is you know, just a three circus.
Speaker 2: A family is mourning today, city is mourning today, A nation is and should be in mourning today. Fish, you comment on the depravity of misnown before the facts had even been known, the depravity of the president of the United States and the comments they made associating with her with some kind of left wing radical conspiracy. When our First Amendment rights allow us to ask questions of law enforcement officers without someone walking up to your car door, snatching your car door, shooting f bombs at you, telling you to get the hell out without you have a right to remain silent for God's sake. Bishop, This was a traffic stop.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, it was not an off the cuff comment that she made.
Speaker 1: I think that they have been.
Speaker 5: Aware for some time that obviously the behavior and the instructions that were driving the behavior of ICE agents were going to end up in some kind of a tragic moment. So I think that on some level she is pre prepared to have a response. But clearly the fact that she came to the conclusions that she came to well before there was even an investigation speak to the fact that they are determined to not only create their own narrative which they want to pump into the media, the media ecosystems that reach their target and their base, but reaching that target and that base has now become the thing that is important to them. And there's a blind eye to the rest of the nation. And I'm lifting this up because what we're really experiencing is minority rule. And when you have a dictator who is governed by minority rule, it means that he always has to play to his or her base. He always has to make sure that that base is in play, because that is how minority rule works. The other thing that I think is so critical that we lift up is that this was a white woman and that this was a message being sent to white people that you are either with us or you are against us, and if you are a race trader, we are going to treat you just like we would treat somebody who is brown or who is black. The way that the Vice President went on and on and on about the fact that the woman had to be sick because she was in a location where she was lifting up her voice to speak back against something that she saw being done by her country that.
Speaker 1: She disagreed with.
Speaker 5: That was absolutely horrible for her for him to demonize her in that way, But that was a message to white folks saying you better pick a side and get on it.
Speaker 2: I'm Jesse Jackson Junior. Listen to KBLA Talk fifteen eighty. This is the Jay Lunch program and Fat Meet Fridays with Gina Town, said Bishop tult More. We come forward on KBLA Talk fifteen to eighty. Hey, it's Jesse Jackson Junior on KBLA Talk fifteen eighty. Welcome to Fat Meat Fridays with Gina Towns and our honor guest, Bishop Joseph Tulton, Bishop. Welcome forward to the show.
Speaker 1: So so good to be with you, Jesse Bishop.
Speaker 2: Before we shift to the world, Venezuela and to Eastern Africa, where you share a significant amount of expertise, Gina has a point that she wanted to raise, but I wanted to share with you that I found before we even get to that point. After Gina's thoughts. You know, the preemptive strike on Nigeria a few days ago, a couple of weeks ago or so, intervening in a quote unquote, if you will, a shit whole country. But it seems to be wherever that black gold is, meaning oil, Donald Trump is prepared to impose his will on OPEC nations. Gina, you had some thoughts that you wanted to finish with the Bishop before we moved to the globe.
Speaker 4: Sure, I just wanted to hear what both of you think about Empire. From this perspective, we know that the founders, well the more so the framers, the ones who did the actual concept and writing of the nation's documents. It put on a little bit of a different level about what they hoped for and what they thought this nation could and would be by the language and the thought process and the research they had done what they based it on. But they had studied every empire, and they saw that every empire in their rise also fell. And I find that amazing because there's no study of that right now. I don't care how much wealth and military might and strength. And I am particularly drawn to Rome in that conversation.
Speaker 1: What are the.
Speaker 4: Parallels that you feel like you see in this generation?
Speaker 5: You know, it's such a fascinating comparison. And no, we have not learned a lot from home. One of the interesting things about the Roman Empire was that it was as much their conquest was as much driven by military might as it was by their economic power. And as a result of that, when when the Roman Empire colonized a particular nation, they had two forms of colonial rule. One option was to be a province. Another option was to be a client kingdom. And so we see this kind of mentality here with the United States and the areas that were governed as provinces. Rome had a strong hand on how they had had oversight, but the client kingdoms, like Judea, which is actually one of them. The relationship was a little bit more loose. I think that what they're going after is in the Western hemisphere they want to rule. They want to have territories that are essentially provinces like Greenland, but that around the world they've picked some places where they're ok with having what Judea was, which was a client kingdom where you could have your own governor have some autonomy, but you had to look to us for your protection and for your ultimate direction. And so he's very cleverly thinking about places outside of the Western hemisphere where he wants.
Speaker 1: To establish that relationship.
Speaker 5: And Jesse was right, Look for the oil and you'll find the place where he's trying to develop that relationship, and of course using Christianity right as a mechanism or the vehicle to assert his influence.
Speaker 1: The same thing in Uganda.
Speaker 5: We know Paula White just left the Great Lakes Regions a couple of about a month or so ago. What does Uganda have. Uganda also has real oil deposits. Uganda also has a pathway to Congo's minerals. So we are living in an astonishing moment for this administration is using a trumpet. It's no longer the quiet part. It's the loud part.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 5: They want to recolonize the world and they want to do it under the banner of dominion.
Speaker 4: And in that you will have oppressed people who will come and join, because if you even think about it, the minions, if you will that oppress their own people. At the bidding of Rome, that we only have one king, and that's an interesting word that we're using there. We have no king but Caesar. That's I think that's the goal.
Speaker 2: I think my contribution to that conversation Gene is very, very small. The only thing that we are assured of in empire is this that under a star child will be born. One day a son will be given, and the government shall be upon his shoulders, and he will be wonderful, or she will be wonderful. She will be a counselor she will be the prince of a war of a world that is no longer warring, a prince of peace. Now, I don't know if that's seven hundred and forty two years from the moment. Isaiah said that until the birth of Jesus of Nazareth, and I can't promise the American people or the world a magician who walks the countryside doing various magical tricks or healing that's extra medical or extra scientific. But I think we're talking about the birth of compassion, the birth of empathy. And I do think that the only thing that we are assured in Empire, maybe not that we will live for eight centuries to see it, but this too shall pass, and it will unravel because we've seen this story before.
Speaker 1: Bishop.
Speaker 5: My grandmother used to remind me all the time, son, God doesn't love ugly, but he's also.
Speaker 1: Very little for beauty.
Speaker 5: And I always used to struggle with the second half of that statement, what does she mean? And what she meant was, Yeah, it's one thing to be ugly, but also don't get to fully yourself. This is the human condition. We're trapped in, these human bodies, and when we get a little, we want a whole lot more, and we don't know when to stop, right.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's what greed is.
Speaker 5: It's a condition where people cannot get enough, and as a result of it, they will always go too far and do something that will ignite the revolution, just as happened during the days of Jesus of Jesus the CHRISTI.
Speaker 2: Should we have about four minutes before we come forward it to forty six in the hour. I'm thinking that your work in Eastern Africa is directly under assault as well with this preemptive bombing campaign that did include Nigeria.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, there's no question about that.
Speaker 5: The entire relationship now with between Africa and the United States is being intentionally scrambled by this administration. I think it's very important that we lift up the fact that this week the President exited about sixty plus associations or organizations that are a part of the United Nations, but importantly one of them is the United Nations Permanent Forum for People of African Descent, and the argument or the rationale given was that it's a racist organization that is seeking reparatory justice. Trump understands fully well that people of African descent are in a very interesting place where we had begun to begin to find ourselves our way back to each other, and that in that great family reunion, one of the primary outcomes was going to be a cry for redressed, a cry for reparation. So much of what we see happening right now in his relationship with Africa is to kill the opportunity for us to actually have a global call for reparations for people of African descent. That is the core reason we got out of the United Nations Permanent Form for people of African descent. I think it's one of the core reasons that we're meddling in Nigeria, because we're just stoking tensions between southern and Northern Nigeria, between the Islamic community and between Christians. And it's also why Paula White lifted up her hands in anointed musseventy just a month or so ago and said to the redondant people that he should be the president for life because he knows. It's because she knows very well the administration knows that President musseventy and his wife Janet are two of the most key, free willing dominionists on the continent who are very much so in the pocket of the most extreme elements of American's white Christian nationalists movement.
Speaker 4: Gina Well, I put this map of the continent up with good reason because occasionally we do talk about how many people are moving to Africa from America, and that is you know, African Americans quote unquote, moving to Ghana, moving to Nigeria. You know, and when you look at the re sources that are on the continent of Africa, you can begin to understand why you do have to break that up if you are wanting to be, you know, in a supremacist mindset and in control.
Speaker 2: I am, I am, I'm struck by both of your analysis. When it comes to Donald Trump's lack of interest in any kind of diplomacy. I mean, what do we need an ambassadorial core for what do we need these international organizations that the bishop spoke of to help try and create broader understanding and dialogue. But I also think that the president of the United States is following the slave trade from Eastern Africa to Cuba, to the Caribbean, to South America, wherever the exploitation has occurred some of the greatest crimes in human history. Donald Trump has sought to engage in further exploitation, exploitation of those communities. And then with high insight, when you look at in Krouma, and you look at Kadafi, and you look at Trore, and you look at these African leaders who argued for one currency and one continent and a United States of Africa, or in the case of female Castro or the case of she Gavera, making the argument for one South America a United States of South America. Our people are simply helpless and defenseless if we have to, if everybody needs to be president of their little space, and everybody doesn't see themselves, or every country doesn't see themselves as a governor in a United States of their country or their continent that is specifically designed to create security for all who dwell there in. I'm Jesse Jackson Junior. More on Fat Me Fridays with Gina Towns and Bishopton when we come forward, Jesse Jackson Junior, Welcome forward to the Jesse Jackson Junior Show on KBLA Top fifteen to eighty. Our very special guest on this Fat Meet Fridays is none other than our regular contributor, host and the creator of the Jesse Jackson Junior Show, Miss Gina Towns, and our very special guest from the Affirming Ministries, Bishop Joseph Tulton, missup Tulton, Welcome forward to the Jesse Jackson Junior Show.
Speaker 1: Excellent to be here, Bishop, can you.
Speaker 2: Share with us in this final segment and right before I can ask how we can support your work internationally and domestically. The President is now planning on withdrawing the United States from sixty six international organizations, treaties, and agreements. What does this mean and what are the long term implications of the United States withdrawing from these organizations, treaties, and entities.
Speaker 5: Well, first and foremost, and I'll use the United Nations Permanent Forum for People of African Descent as an example, where withdrawing from these entities because we want to cripple the UN further by spending even less on the UN and contributing less. It was the work of Desiree Comier, who was President Biden's special own boy from the State Department to racially marginalized communities around the world. That work done in the State Department was to ensure that the United States would be a strong supporter of the Forum. So now the money that we give is gone, our presence is gone, which says a lot, and we no longer have a United States representative. So what he's trying to do is he's trying to remove himself from a context in which there is accountability, right, because why should there be accountability if there's accountability, there's going to mean that's going to mean redress, that's going to mean some kind of economic restructuring of the economic global orders so that nations, particularly in the Global South and communities of color in the global North, receive a greater fair share of the pie. So he is seeking to remove the United States from the context in which there would be accountability, particularly on issues of reparatory justice.
Speaker 1: Gina.
Speaker 4: What's interesting about that is because we've seen this show before, and it's done incrementally. It's been done on the local level, and then you see it having been done on the national level, probably on the state level as well, but then on the national level, knocking the legs from under not only Congress, but the Supreme Court. And I think of the two, the one that's most dangerous to have knocked out, if you will, is the Supreme Court. So that just gives you some idea of how long this plan. You may see these people and their faces as implementers right now, but this plan has been in place for such a long time because we know that Barack Obama was supposed to have a Supreme Court nominee, and I never know why people just don't fight for what they're supposed to have. It's almost like we let the sun go down. The son was coming up and we were trying to get home before our mother saw that we weren't in the bed. We stayed out too late. But we are in a place and you know, and that's why I know. You know, Jesse and I were discussing during the break, having you talk about, well, what can we do. I know you are involved in a number of organizations that are forming coalitions and passing not just I suppose some sort of referendums or resolutions. What can you tell us about you know, where we go from here?
Speaker 1: Bishop?
Speaker 2: Just before you do, Bishop, I want to say this, Gina. When you mentioned Barack Obama and his Supreme Court nominee Merrick Garland, he might have been the first Supreme Court justice in the history of the United States who was incapable of making a decision. Well, that's just me. I mean, he waited two years to prosecute Donald Trump. And here we are, Bishop to.
Speaker 5: Jesus, point between Merrick Garland and the former head of the CIA who got Hillary Clinton into trouble during the end of her run.
Speaker 1: We can have a little talk for real.
Speaker 5: But to get back to sister genius question, I'd love to speak to two things. One, I want to quickly pivot to Haiti because we haven't mentioned Haiti. The President has talked about Columbia, he's talked about Mexico, but I want us to be clear as people of African descent, that Haiti has got to be on his list. It is politically unstable. It's always been understood to be a problem that needs to be managed, but little has been said about the fact that Haiti sits near the offshore sedentary basins that are connected to Venezuela as oil rich systems. They have never had the political stability to be able to extract oil, but the geological surveys have always suggested that there are oil deposits there. The second thing about Haiti is that it sits in one of the most important maritime corridors in the Western Hemisphere, the Windward Passage, major shipping lanes, military position in trade checkpoints, etc. Also in Haiti there is gold, copper, silver box site, marble, and limestone. And the last thing, the cost of Haiti's labor is so cheap that it makes it very attractive for an imperialist. So I want us to really be thinking about this strategy to conquer the Western hemisphere and really be thinking about Haiti and how important it is to us in the diaspora. It should be the Singapore of the diaspora because it represents black excellence and Black freedom and because of the Haitian Revolution. We know that Haiti has suffered, not because it failed, but because it succeeded. That said, the work that Interconnected Justice does, and you can find us at I sjusice dot org, is to bring together not only Grasstops leaders, but also Generation Z young activists, the best in the business, who are lawyers and civil society advocates, and who are political thinkers and academic and we bring our people of African descent from the continent in conversation with those of us in the diaspora that we might mind together for the best solutions to harvest black solidarity in the interest of being able to confront the infrastructure of white Christian nationalism and not only defensively defeat and undo or undermine their agenda, but also vision what is the kind of world that we want to live in. Can we revisit African cosmologies as the source of our inspiration for understanding who we are, our place, and our right to exist freely and to be able to have control and autonomy and self determination over our own bodies and our own resources. So I think that this is an incredible moment for people of African descent to begin to shift our consciousness as black people from just a domestic frame to understanding that these issues are global and that we always have to think about just what's happening to African Americans, but from Acra to Atlanta, from Chicago to Cape Town, we've got to be thinking about how these issues resonate globally and and begin to then speak to the issues. Even when it has to have a local solution, I think we have to always put that local solution into a broader global context because that is how our opposition is thinking. So visit us at icjusice dot org, join, donate, become a member, become involved, and make sure that your organization, even if it has a local mandate, it should always have a global perspective and a Pan African understanding.
Speaker 2: Give me that email address or that that website address one more time, very quickly.
Speaker 1: That's the letter, I the letter Cusice dot org. I see justice.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Bishop, thank you for being on our show, and I can't wait to have Bishop Tualton back, hopefully before the end of next week, to discuss this global Western human hemispheric problem and more specifically Haiti. I'm Jesse Jackson Jr. We're on MIT Fridays with Ginatowns. More on KBLA Talk fifteen eighty when we come forward