Speaker 1: Welcome to becoming the beautiful Discovery, the courage to wake up. I'm Raina Bigham, Coach Queen Bee, and this is a space for anyone ready to reclaim their power, honor their truth, and rise from survival into self awakening. I spent many years living by everyone else's rules, invisible in my own life, until holding my newborn daughter changed everything.
Speaker 2: From that moment, I began to.
Speaker 1: Rewrite my story, but myself first and discover what freedom and beauty really mean. Here, along with doctor Pat, we explore courage, self care, and the messy, magnificent journey of awakening.
Speaker 2: Every scar can be a signature of strength, every.
Speaker 1: Step can be a claim to your own life.
Speaker 3: This is your invitation to wake up, speak your truth, and become the beautiful discovery you are always meant to be me The beautiful Discovery starts now.
Speaker 4: Well, Hi everyone on Doctor Cott, we got a great show for you today. I want to make sure that you know, as you're going through things and you're wondering, what is the best way for me to find out more about coach I love this Queeney Bee. We're going to make sure we give you lots of information because here's the topic for today. This is what we're talking about. Why do you feel comfortable judging others? Why do we? Why do we? That's the show, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yes? Yes, yes?
Speaker 4: So why do we? I mean, you know, people say I don't feel comfortable doing that, right, that's like an industural So I don't do that. I don't do that, right, I don't do that. But yet we do, and you know it. We do it and it doesn't have to be personal. I mean, there's so much conversation right now about women's basketball and not a in a very judging way about a couple of situations. But that's the way the media does things, right, just because we're seeing it in our pop culture and other places. What is it all about when we do it? You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 2: Right? Right?
Speaker 4: So how do you feel when? I mean that's the question. How do you feel when you're judged by others and yourself?
Speaker 1: I don't like being judged by others. You know, we all go through things in our life and for somebody to pass judgment on us when they have no idea what's actually happening, and when they have also done things in their life and then they feel the right to judge others just amazes me. You know, they will cast that first stone, you know, but let's look into your closet real quick and let's see what you've done. And most people don't do that. Most people are real quick to go, oh, well, I wouldn't do that, but in actuality, you probably did and have and could you know, and so you know, why would you put that judgment on somebody else when you don't like being judged yourself?
Speaker 2: It never made any sense to me.
Speaker 1: You know, I do the best that I can that And don't get me wrong, there are moments where I pass judgment and the moment I do, I go, oh wait a minute, let me rain that in, let me look at myself for a minute, and what would I do in that situation or what would or what have I done in that situation?
Speaker 2: And am I.
Speaker 1: Actually capable of doing these other things? Yes, I'm very capable of that, And at which point then I do my best to put out there going you know, I'm sorry I passed this judgment, even if it's not personally to them, I just you know, put it out sorry, didn't mean to do that.
Speaker 2: I know I'm capable, so I'll rain myself in.
Speaker 4: And you know, what we're talking about today isn't what I opened the show with. We're not talking about opinions about sports or opinions about music. We're not doing that. You know, when it gets down to the veneer a personalization, that's what we're talking about when we're personalizing things. So you know, I have a friend, Ronda Britain, who wrote a book Do I Look Fat? And the book was really about the judgment around that, right, about body image. Right. But you know, when you pick a title like that, people are like, what what are you looking at? But these are the things that happen. And I want to ask you, don't you find now that we're seeing more of it, there's almost like we're seeing more, not because I'm saying that people are doing it more because our technology has advanced to the point where you almost can't escape it. Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Oh? No, yeah, I know exactly what you mean. I mean. Let's take social media for example.
Speaker 1: You've got to talk, you've got Instagram, you've got Facebook, You put out what you want to put that, you feel that you're just doing your best to express yourself, you know, and then You've got people coming on going, oh, well, you should have done it this way, or oh you should have done it that way, or you're you're slum or you're this, and they start bullying, and I'm real quick to be like, would you say that to my.
Speaker 4: Exactly right?
Speaker 1: Social media has given us a platform that we a lot of people feel they have the right to come on to somebody else's stuff and put them down, belittle them, past judgment and act like they've done no wrong in their life, and then they do this to make somebody feel bad because they're passing judgment.
Speaker 4: Why do you think this is so acceptable though? I mean, honestly it is. We may not like it, we may not like it, but you're quick to hit the button that demonstrates the audio destruction between Stephanie White and Cathlan Clark, Right, you're quick to hit that fan who took the video of that for some reason? Right, why do we think it's so acceptable? And what is that mean? And the way we raise our children and do other things?
Speaker 2: Right? Well, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, I feel part of the reason it's felt to be acceptable is because people allow them to continue to do the bullying, even the person that is being bullied, and I get it.
Speaker 2: It's hard.
Speaker 1: It's also real easy to block that person and to send them on their way. They've been able to get away with it, they've had no consequences to their actions, at which point they think they can get away with it.
Speaker 2: On and on and on and on.
Speaker 1: Because maybe somebody in the chat didn't come back and be like, dude, what's your problem, Or maybe because even the person that they're coming at comes at them in a way that instead of just blocking them and ignoring them, we get in our feelings. We hurt, and it hurts when somebody says something bad to us, and instead we are so used to staying in that negative aspect and and going, oh, well, maybe they're right, you know, maybe what they're saying is true, and da da da and that. Unfortunately, that's only because so many of us don't have the wherewithal within ourselves to know who we are and to know what power we have to be like, you know what, I don't have to put up.
Speaker 2: With your bs.
Speaker 1: You're out blocked, and anybody else that follows and does the same thing.
Speaker 2: You're out too. If I don't got people protecting.
Speaker 1: Me and showing up for me, and if I'm not doing it for myself, then unfortunately, these people think they can continue to do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you know what's at the core that one of the real psychological issues that's at the core of that is losing faith using favor. And you know, the psychology is a little twisted, to be honest with you, but it is the twisted idea of wow, if I do that with you, what is everybody else going to think that I did that? Right?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: And so there are some people that will come out and say, you know what, it doesn't matter what other people think. They're gonna be people that see me do that, maybe they'll do it the same. Then there's the other side of the coin that says, wait a minute, Okay, I don't know if I do that and stand up for myself, people are just not going to like me. And no, no, that story. But you know, I grew up with a saying, and I want to ask you about this, those that live in glass houses should not throw stones. Oh do you remember that expression? Yes? Yes, And that's to your point, right, I'm not sure we're throwing stones period. Is a vibration, a spiritual vibration. Now, I say that almost in tongue in cheek, because almost everything you read there's some judgment. I don't care what scripture, what religion, whatever you pick up, there's somebody that's judging somebody about some kind of slug that they are right right. So how do we break the cycle.
Speaker 1: We break the cycle by learning who we are and accepting us for ourselves, and so that way, when somebody comes at us, we can go, yeah, you might be right, but that's not exactly who I am, and I don't need to listen to you, and I send you away with kindness and I block you. Yeah, you know, But people don't realize how important it is in knowing who you are. People think they know who they are, but with everything we've gone through in our life, people telling us who you're supposed to be, what you're supposed to look like, how you're supposed to act, and then they con form because they do feel like, oh well, if I don't do it this way, people are going to look at me badly.
Speaker 2: But when you know who you are and you.
Speaker 1: Know what you can and can't or won't accept, you will do things differently.
Speaker 2: You know you won't allow.
Speaker 1: These people to continue to bully or hurt others by casting those stones, you will stand up and be like, dude, where have you been?
Speaker 2: Have you come on?
Speaker 4: You know? And I think part of this too, which is so really good to look at right now, is you know, judgment is so embedded in our very nature. It's in our nature, and it's a gift, right because you know, imagine previous, previous, previous, I don't know how many million years ago, walk in the air, and you've got to have what they call good judgment. But the question mark is when does a judgment of one person to another move out of the love zone? Right? And why why would one want to inflict harm on another person? That's really underneath it. That's really what makes it a in my case the language I use, that's a no fly zone, right, That is a place where we are not going to have that conversation about Mary. That's not right, right, right, But we don't even stand up for ourselves enough. So what would you suggest we do? Starting with the self?
Speaker 1: I would suggest whenever something like that comes up, it is important to evaluate it, to look at it. There's nothing wrong with that. We will all pass just I feel one of the reasons why we do have judgment within us, so we can evaluate other things and other people and what we would do and how we would do it. And that isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's when you express that and act like you wouldn't and then you act like unfortunately, your shit don't sink and hello, you know, And I feel the best way for us to look at that is one to have compassion for ourselves and to look within and to accept it.
Speaker 2: And even if you go.
Speaker 1: Even a little bit, go, I remark, be capable of that. Just accept that and go. It's not my place to pass that judgment on that person, but you need to look within yourself first when you when you even notice that judgment coming up, especially when it starts to be like unkind and hateful, where is this coming from?
Speaker 4: And I know, and it's so simple for me, right, it's I was talking to a friend of mine that's in the.
Speaker 2: Can.
Speaker 4: I call it manscaping industry. Manscaping is what they call it, right, you know, like men that want to look good. Yeah, I don't. We don't do a women's skaping thing. I guess it's just a man's okay. So he's in that industry. And we were talking one day and he said, I don't get it, and I'm like, okay, you don't get what I don't get? Where does Pitbull come from creating a razor to shave heads? I said, dude, do you know what pit Bull looks like? I do not even know why he would create a razor to shave a bald head. Have you seen his pick? Do you see a picture? I mean, do you understand why he had a genius idea to create a four part electric razor to shave men's heads? Bald?
Speaker 2: Right, he's bald, dude, But.
Speaker 4: He was so engaged in a conversation about you know this celebrity.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So it's a typical example of how we get engaged in judgment, accusation, questioning, and putting somebody down before we even understand anything about.
Speaker 1: Them, right, right, You don't know anybody's circumstances, and okay, so quick example. Unfortunately, there was a part of my life when I was growing up. I was homeless, I was a child. I was homeless with my mom my Bretas, and I late, let's let's move forward. I'm telling somebody about this, and I'm like, look, this is These are the things that I had to do in order to survive.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I made sure that my family was fed even though I was fourteen years old, you know, and I didn't know the difference as far as whether I should call certain people or anything like that.
Speaker 2: But I also didn't have phone numbers. I was fourteen, you know, my mom wasn't. My mom wasn't like, hey, here's your phone, here's your dad's phone that we're called. You know, she didn't do that.
Speaker 1: But I told somebody about this, and he literally turned it around and told me that it was all my fault and I could have literally got out of the situation. How I was fourteen. How can you pass that judgment on me and be like, you could have done better. I didn't know better. I was fourteen. I was supposed to be led by my mom and my stepdad and I wasn't. And I was doing what I thought was the best thing at fourteen. So why are you passing judgment on a fourteen year old who has no clue when if you were in that situation, you would have done the same thing. So let's stop passing judgment on the things that people do because you don't know what you would do in that situation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you know what you just said, you have got to have the courage. And you know this is not just for women, but I need to say this is something else as women need to learn. You have to have the courage to be able to one not collude. So what do we mean by collude? Like oh yeah, oh you know, yeah, that was hard. And you know what I'm saying, it's like, yeah, instead of saying you know what, Billy, Joe, Bobby, Tim whoever you are saying that to me, I need you to stop right now, Like, let's just stop the conversation because I'm not going to engage you that with you?
Speaker 2: Right well?
Speaker 4: Why aren't you going to I don't need to explain myself. I'm not going to engage with you right right well? Why are you taking it so personally? You're too sensitive? You know what, I'm not going to engage with you if we can have a conversation that doesn't require you continuing this. We're going to hang up now or whatever that is, or I'm going to walk away, or we're not gonna have coffee or get out of my life. I don't know what it is right. But that's what we need to learn that part right there, because you know what, you cannot change other people. I'm sorry, I've changed, I've tried.
Speaker 2: You cannot, you can't.
Speaker 4: We have to build it to courage, right, yes, yes, So part of what you do in helping people in your coaching practice is to build that sense of courage.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know.
Speaker 1: I do the best that I can to help you learn who you are, to accept the things that have happened, and if somebody comes to you, for you to be to not explain yourself, because don't get me wrong, I have spent a good portion of my life explaining the reasons why I do certain things that I do, and it's not necessary. I do it as a kindness, so you know, but I don't have to.
Speaker 2: And when dude came at me.
Speaker 1: About that, I literally looked at him because I wasn't in a place where I knew how to do these things, and I literally judged myself and thought that I was like a horrible child that didn't know what to do and I should have done better. And I literally judged myself because he judged me. Now, if he comes at me, which he won't because I don't talk to him. But the thing is is if somebody comes at me that way, I can look at them and go, who hurts you? I'm sorry that this has happened to you. And I don't need to deal with you judging me for what I did.
Speaker 2: When I was fourteen.
Speaker 4: You know, I know right, and I know so.
Speaker 1: Right, and so you know, my best thing to be able to help people do is to come into their own selves, to be able to have that cur And don't get me wrong, that's nerve wracking when it happens and you're like, oh my god, should I say something?
Speaker 2: Should I not? Should I just walk away? Or you know, at which point you just respond in kind and go.
Speaker 1: I'll need you, man, You know I'll need you. I know who I am and I accept that. And that can be scary in that moment. That can be very scary, but it's very courageous because you've just fought your fear.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know. And what you're saying though, I mean, you and I are talking about things that we have some experience with and now we've decided in life we're going to help other people with them. You don't want to love about it. We help other people in areas where we've been most wounded. Right, that's why were talking about it. And you know, you may think that some side comment, just in public is is harmless, right, And it's not. You know, I have a friend who went to a funeral event and at the funeral event, they were standing over there a couple of people talking to my friend's sister, and my friend overheard them and the comments was, oh, you know, is your bitch sister here? And my friend heard that, and so how did this random person know that? Well, because her sister gave that person a thought. And so can you imagine being at a funeral in overhearing that conversation, because first of all, the person didn't even know what my friend looked like, so didn't even such you are standing here, right, And I mean if you think that's harsh, people, think about what you may be doing that has a ripple effect you may never know about. And it's all energy, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Oh? Yes? I mean when.
Speaker 1: My oldest daughter's dad passed away, he unfortunately committed suicide, and they had a memorial for him in Ohio and then he went to it.
Speaker 2: Then they took it to Arizona. I didn't get to go to the one in.
Speaker 1: Ohio, but there was a woman there talking shit about me, saying that it was my fault that he committed suicide. She was passing a huge judge judgment on me. She's like, it was it's Raina's fault that he committed suicide.
Speaker 2: And luckily I had people there.
Speaker 1: To defend me and be like, what is your deal right now? But why is that something? Why is that a judgment you would put out on somebody when you don't know what actually happened. Yeah, you know, so I totally get how people will sit up there and say stuff and they have no care in the world as to who they're hurting, including around them.
Speaker 4: I know it is what you're talking about? Is it is? And here's what I want to say about why coaching is so important in the work you do. People don't realize that if you are doing that, that's an energy that stops you from your abundance and prosperity. You are not going to make a ton of money doing that. It just can't work. So what is the best way for people to find out more about you and how to work with you?
Speaker 2: Coach Queeniebee dot com and yeah you can. You can go there and hit all those links.
Speaker 1: I will get those links memorized at some point, my people, I'm so sorry, Coach Queneb. You should be able to just put in rain a big of them anywhere and you'll find me.
Speaker 4: So, yeah, that's right, you know. But part of this too is also I mean, you know, every midpoint year, which we're in now, like a midpoint year, and this is a big thing for Sagittarius energy ruled by Jupiter. It's really Jupiter energy. And every year I get to this point, I have this this pivot that comes up. Don't know why, don't know how, but I look introspectively first, and I caught myself like, there is a way to have a comment. I am an athlete, there's no question about it. Right For people that email me every time I say that, no, I'm not going to hold up my gold medals, We're not doing that today, but because they don't believe me. And so what I want to say is you can be an athlete in a sport that is objective and subjective about the way you review something, and you could do it without personalizing people.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: See, that's the difference feedback is essential for us, Yes, but personalize it right. It's painful.
Speaker 1: It's painful, it's painful, and it's really important for people to when when you start realizing this within yourself, which is one of those things that I help you with, it helps you look at things differently and to say things differently, and to change the words or power what you say can hurt somebody. I know, let's change up how we say it. Let's stop having that judgment. Let's stop looking at people and going, oh, I wouldn't do that when you actually probably would depending on the circumstances.
Speaker 2: You never know.
Speaker 4: So and this is the time, right, this is the time of year where you clean out the cobwebs people. Yes, And you know, I think you've talked about this before. Today. We're not talking about, you know, an entire room of cob webs. We're talking about looking at one thing, one behavior, right that you could change. Thank you so much for today, Thank you for taking this topic on. And you know we could do a whole episode on the impact of social media and what it can do. Right. I work in the field of addiction, and I can tell you this. I've watched the pain of somebody trying to recover right, putting their best foot forward. In one social media point post puts them on the suicide line, and I'm saying, we need to keep ourselves in check. Yes, thank you so much for everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you, my pleasure.
Speaker 4: Great show y'all out there. You know you could think you could take like five seconds before you open your mouth and you say you just take a minute, hit the pause button.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 4: And another way to go about it is say.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: That comment you made to me the other day really hurt my heart. Come on, let's engage in a conversation. We'll see y'all next time.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to becoming the beautiful discovery with me. Coach Queeniebee and Doctor Patty join us the first Monday each month at eleven am Pacific time to embark on this journey of courage, awakening and self discovery. If today's episode inspired you, take a moment to like, share, and subscribe so others can join the movement too. For more resources, tools and inspiration, visit Coach Queeniebee dot com. Remember visit coach Queeniebee dot com and remember your journey is your power to keep waking up, claiming your truth, and becoming the beautiful discovery you are always meant to be. H