Speaker 1: Are in the mid seventies and be warm right back up to the nineties again. We'll top out ninety two to ninety three with mostly sunny skies. Chansfer a spotty shower early this morning, but overall, just another hot and dry day from a severe weather station. I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Right now, it's seventy degrees and partly cloudy.
Speaker 3: Our next date is at six thirty.
Speaker 2: I'm Whitney Harris News Radio seven hundred WOW.
Speaker 4: News twenty four hours a day, News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: Jeff Wellernissan dot Com into.
Speaker 5: The first official hour of the Saturday Morning Nation for this Saturday, September twenty first, twenty twenty four, Gary, Jeff Walker by your side at six oh eight, and uh, it's probably time to check in with our friend from Harrisonnight.
Speaker 6: Remember when you ran away and I got on my knees and begged you not to leave because sight.
Speaker 3: Go, well, well, yes you left me anyhow. And then the day has got worse and worse.
Speaker 7: And now you see I've gone completely out of my.
Speaker 5: Mind, completely out of my mind to take me away. It's time for Dave. Good morning Dave. By the way, I really appreciate your nighty night love text that you sent at eight fifty seven last evening. It's nice to know that you were thinking about me while I was in bed.
Speaker 3: Were you in bed at the time or I was getting there?
Speaker 5: And yes, I was already in bed, laying next to my wife. And I see the phone has a text. Who's who's texting me? That knows me, that knows it's already passed my bedtime on a Friday night.
Speaker 3: And oh it's Dave from Harrison.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, No, it was no, it was it was very welcome. What do you got Dave?
Speaker 8: Speaking of you two? Yeah, your anniversaries upon us this next week, isn't it.
Speaker 9: We have got it.
Speaker 5: We have an anniversary on October first, which is a week from this coming Tuesday.
Speaker 3: That is correct.
Speaker 8: Oh, there you go.
Speaker 5: Okay, by the way, it'll be ten years.
Speaker 8: Congratulations. Thanks and you and your secret is.
Speaker 3: Just don't talk to each other ever.
Speaker 8: Okay, I'm kidding.
Speaker 5: Actually the secret is absolutely the opposite of that is. Line of communication is the most important thing you can have in any relationship, especially in a marriage.
Speaker 8: Certainly belated birthday mentioned for our friend Doug Bonson from Ripley out there too this past week.
Speaker 5: So Doug saw Doug on his birthday or the day after. Anyway, I talked to him on his birthday. I got him a gift.
Speaker 8: Oh, there you go.
Speaker 3: It's a very very personal thing, so I'm not going to talk about it.
Speaker 8: But anyway, okay, So do you know why Greeks aren't mourning people?
Speaker 3: Why are Greeks not mourning people?
Speaker 8: Because Dawn is really tough on Greece.
Speaker 3: Hold on, hold on, good lady, night yelks.
Speaker 10: On Saturday morning, Sorry, we have an update from Harrison. Last night, Clinton Massy defeated Harrison twenty one to seventeen. We'll have more updates randomly throughout the ship. There you go, Damn, I'm sorry, we've had some breaking news. So what else you got?
Speaker 8: Well, who are the cleanest people in the choir?
Speaker 3: Who are the cleanest people in the choir?
Speaker 8: Tell me well that they would be the sopranos.
Speaker 3: The soap pranos.
Speaker 11: I said, yes, And last, oh, hold on right?
Speaker 10: Nice Yet on Saturday eighty one, got an update from Monroe. Monroe tops Washington twenty four to seven, and Batavia destroyed Bethel Tate eighty three to nothing.
Speaker 3: Thanks Liam, I'm sorry, Dave. What was the last one?
Speaker 8: What did the cake say to the knife?
Speaker 3: What did the cake say to the knife?
Speaker 12: Said?
Speaker 8: Hey, you want a piece of meat?
Speaker 13: Jokes told by Day from Harrison are not necessarily considered funny by the staff, management, or advertisers of seven hundred WLW or his parent company, iHeartMedia. If these attempts at humor have caused you to roll your eyes, made your stomach churn, or you have considered the entire exercise to be a colossal waste of time, we deeply apologize. Now back to our irregular programming.
Speaker 14: Hard Riding me.
Speaker 15: A good don He stuck him out all road four level.
Speaker 4: Soved's play the Pirates today at twelve ten on seven hundred WLW and seven hundred l w's.
Speaker 3: Live stream on theel were I hard radiop morning. Nothing significant.
Speaker 5: Unfortunately, it will be hot again to day a high in the lower nineties, and tomorrow mostly cloudy, afternoon showers and storms moving in a high of eighty three on Sunday and then thunderstorms forecast for Monday and Tuesday. Cooler temps and finally some relief insight as far as getting some moisture on the ground, and like it's not too late seventy right now at seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 16: When you travel, they always say get a room with a view. And there's no better way to travel than in a rooming new Toyota. Like the best selling Raft four now for September thirtieth, you get four point nine ninety eight PR financing on a new gas powered twenty twenty four rap for or Lisa radboor l E for three thirty nine a month for thirty six months with thirty two ninety nine to would sign it with approved credit for TFS, tax, title and license extra Call one eight eight thirty six Toyota for details or go to Toyota dot com. Toyota Let's go.
Speaker 5: Places nationally, you know, locally owned fun on the radio on a Saturday morning.
Speaker 3: This is what we do. We call it the Saturday Morning Edition.
Speaker 5: I'm Gary Jeff Walker, and it's great to be with you as always, my friends. And I got a great email from a listener who was so pleased he got in touch with old radio Rick, who we're about to get in touch with and said Rick was just so great with information and historical info on the radio he was checking on and.
Speaker 3: Made a new radio friend.
Speaker 5: And that's the great thing about this show and the people on it is that they're really good folks and they're real they're just regular folks just like you and me. But they share a little bit of their lives with us every week. And I love that about this show, and particularly this fellow, good.
Speaker 3: Morning Old Radio, Rick Washburn, how are you?
Speaker 17: I'm giddy, And I have to say, yeah, that was a wonderful fellow that reached out. And one of the reasons he's so happy is because he hasn't actually given me a radio to work on. So why haven't you know, totally destroyed his He helps and dreams by the amount of time it takes me to get one turned around. However, here's another one that you're coming in five by five after hand rewinding a coil. And I always say, when you have to manually rewind a coil, it's kind of like baking bread. Every loaf is an accomplishment. But the other problem, of course, is that when you've got two, three, four hundred windings and you have to count every one, and sitting there in the shop going one hundred and seventeen, one hundred and eighteen hundred and nineteen, and then somebody yells downstairs. Did you realize the electric bills one hundred and seventy three dollars one hundred and twenty four and five one of us.
Speaker 3: Unbelievable?
Speaker 17: You have to be careful. So today is a radio printple threat from General Electric. I've got a G thirty one from nineteen thirty eight. It's a six to tube AM police radio table model with a wood cabinet and the infamous as kept the preset push buttons that'll come up later and soybean plastic surrounds which were nice because they did not shrink like tonight. But if you polish them, you're going to wonder where the rotten milk is in the house, because that's what it smells like. Wow, but it's a wonderful life. You get the reference sweed being plastic. GE seventy three. This one is from nineteen forty. It's a seven tube AM shortwave. It's got an RF stage. It is a great DX or another table model GE. These radios from the late thirties from GE, even though G. E. R. C A and Westinghouse were essentially the same companies order kind of sister companies the very least, but they were actually very closely knit. G had some very interesting appearances on their sets, and I kind of equate some of their cabinets to being like the interiors of Fords in the in the nineties when everything was kind of swoopy, no square corners, et cetera. Some of them look kind of funny, which leads me to the third radio, the nineteen thirty nine five tube am g D sixty three, which to me it looks like a combination of a foot rest, a space heater, and a toaster the old style guy. But I guess if you put it on the shelf, nobody's gonna steal it, if they because they don't know what's a radio? But yeah, interesting, look what were you going there for? But hey, let's go to the catalog, shall we?
Speaker 3: Real quickly?
Speaker 17: Have you seen a new ge radios just out? They're hotter than the hot they're smarter than smart. They've got what it takes in features and design and performance, and in price. They're tagged for fast and furious action.
Speaker 18: I don't know what that means.
Speaker 17: But then there's touch tuning, does away with tedious dialing. Here's a radio thrill you've never known before, touch tuning.
Speaker 11: What is it?
Speaker 17: It's the sensational new tuning development perfected by GE, which gives you the station you want automatically, silently without twisting a single dial. Yeah, you push a button and you.
Speaker 8: Get the station.
Speaker 17: Been there, done that. But they've got two more paragraphs and eight more sentences telling you about pushing a button to get a station.
Speaker 3: I'm glad that GE brings good things to light the old radio.
Speaker 5: Rick at gmail dot com to get in touch with mister Washburn as many of you often do, and thank you, my friend. It's six point twenty Liam. You know what I it's hard to find. It's hard to find this time of the morning anywhere. But every once in a while, I'd like a nice word salad for breakfast. Can we have a little word salad?
Speaker 4: We really would love to know what your plan is to help lower the cost of living.
Speaker 19: Yeah, first of all, thank you both for being here and yours is a story I hear around the country as I sat with open and in terms of both rightly having the right to have aspirations and dreams and ambitions for your family and answer the questions, working hard and finding at The American dream is for this generation and so many recently, far more elusive than it's been, and we need to deal with that. And there are a number of ways. One is bringing down the cost of everyday necessities, including cross streets.
Speaker 3: How do you do that?
Speaker 9: How do you?
Speaker 5: Oh, oh, that's right, you institute communist price controls. Whi's never work. Thanks for the salad, it was delicious. Six twenty one at seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: America is the freedom of speech, even for stupid people. America is bikini tops and Daisy Douke. Yeah, you won't find that in France. No, all they have is soft cheesemer.
Speaker 20: I believe in the American.
Speaker 10: Dreams, sweetest dream there is, and so does Bill Cunningham, sweetest man on the air.
Speaker 3: Bill Cunningham is America. I am a great American.
Speaker 7: He's mister Red, White and Blue.
Speaker 21: Bill Cunningham. Monday at twelve noon on seven hundred W L.
Speaker 18: Hey, it's maegger with my guy John from Window World. John. There's a lot of things I loved about working with your Comma Bill.
Speaker 3: It's a warm one to.
Speaker 1: Kick off your Saturday Temperatures this morning are in the mid seventies and be warm right back up to the nineties again. We'll top out ninety two to ninety three with mostly sunny skies. Chransfer a spotty shower early this morning, but overall just another hot and dry day for RECVERR Weather Station. I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news Radio seven hundred WL.
Speaker 3: Friday night.
Speaker 10: Yet on Saturday one, the Orange and Blue will travel to Nashville this evening. Pregame coverage begins at seven. Kickoff is set for seven forty on Fox Sports thirteen sixty. You see takes on Houston at home. Pregame coverage begins at eleven. Kickoff exept for noon on Fox Sports thirteen sixty as well.
Speaker 3: Some high school scores for you.
Speaker 10: Ryle traveled to three a number one Christian Academy at one wins twenty eight to twenty four. Saint Bernard Elmwood plays destroys Norwood fifty two to six. Covington Catholic handles Beach With forty nine to twenty eight in that rivalry matchup, Reading grinds out a win over Madeira fourteen to twelve. Moler defeats Saint X forty five to thirty seven. Want Verna shut out Holmes thirty seven to nothing. East Central Top Batesville twenty four to thirteen. Cincinnati Christian Hills sixty eight. Gamble zero.
Speaker 5: Do you have the either the New Richmond or Hendersonville High School scores from last evening?
Speaker 3: I was gonna wait for a Christa two point oh to wake up for the New Richis she is? She's actually awake. Good morning, Christa two point zero.
Speaker 18: I know they lost.
Speaker 3: I'll get the exact scull. Don't tell me, go ahead, finish. I'm sorry.
Speaker 10: Red's Top pirates eight to three to begin the final home stand of the season. The Red return to action this afternoon. Inside Pitch begins at twelve ten, First pitch at one ten. Catch all the action on the home of the Red, seven hundred WLW. This is Pro bowlis Shawn Merriman. Here's what's trending from the Ihears Sports Network.
Speaker 4: Here's that ENVI Sades Benz.
Speaker 22: The weekend opens with an upset in college football, as the ALIGNI I stay unbeaten by going into Nebraska and having the Cornhuskers a loss in overtime after missing the first two weeks.
Speaker 7: Of the season.
Speaker 22: Bengals wide receiver t Higgins says he is back and feels ahead of Monday's matchup against the Commanders, and Elie Dan Lacruz collects his one hundredth stolen base in his career, doing so in just his second year in the Majors to help the Reds beat the Pirates.
Speaker 3: I'm Jadie Hafrett. Mercedes Benz has an suv coverage a few minutes with Bengals coach Zach Taylor and coach Let's jump back to last week real quick.
Speaker 23: The key play at the end of the game, the fourth and sixteen, not that you can hammer on refs, but some believe that Anthony was going for the ball and it shouldn't have been an interference call and go back and look out. You've probably seen it enough times your thoughts on that.
Speaker 24: Yeah, I can see what they called that. You know, it's it's a big ming play and that's just the way it goes sometimes. So unfortunate that that's what putting down in two goal range because our guys were playing tough, but that's just part of the.
Speaker 3: Game, allright. We had some pretty banged up defensive line last week. Who looks like they're good to go this week.
Speaker 24: Yeah, we got a tough spot there, you know, so we'll deal with some injuries there. We signed a couple of guys. We've got a deep practice squad there as well, so we'll see who can get healthy and who we potentially have to bring up for the game.
Speaker 3: I said, a couple of guys I know, then Lawrence guy late of the Patriots.
Speaker 24: Who else, Yeah, a couple of prex score guys that we've had around. So we've got three guys there as well.
Speaker 3: And Trey Hendrickson is just playing lights out.
Speaker 23: He really is, despite being I guess it, already's double team more than any other player in the league right now.
Speaker 24: Yeah, he's He garners a lot of attention because of his intensity, is religlessness, and still finds a way to win. So that's that's what's impressed about Trey is he's put in a lot of work to put himself in this position and be able to go as many snaps as he does and affect the play every single play, and teams certainly have noticed that.
Speaker 23: There's a lot of success working in the tight ends. Last weekend I would assume we're going to see more of that.
Speaker 24: We got a really good group, you know, so you can use a lot of different ways in the run, in the pass game, and they've stepped up for us in some big ways, and so I would see that being a big part of what we continue to do.
Speaker 3: All right, about strength of the Commanders.
Speaker 24: And what you got to do their defensive line, I mean, really, their defensive tackles have been as good in this league as a pairent for a long time. And they added to the mix with some draft picks and some defensive ends that the head coach brought from Dallas. And so that's what I know to straight off the bat. They got a young quarterback that's really talented, and he's only going to continue to get better and better with every single game.
Speaker 23: I guess we haven't seen as much of Chase Brown as a lot of people thought we would.
Speaker 3: Would we expect more of him.
Speaker 24: It's just early, you know. I think that's just partially has some games have gone. But we'll have a big role for Chase as we continue to go forward in this season. Got a lot of trust in him. It's just kind of the way it's fallen for two games, but that doesn't mean that he can't have a big game coming up.
Speaker 23: Sure all right, well, best of luck on Monday night. Thanks much for talking next week.
Speaker 1: Thank you May Krauf's American Grill your summer dining destination. Cheers a hot breakfast, lunch, or dinner meal to satisfy your palette and don't the latest.
Speaker 4: Weather forecast from news radio seven hundred w.
Speaker 3: L John, Well, your Saturday is a lot like the last few days.
Speaker 1: Sunshine in the afternoon leading to the low nineties will be another hot one way above average. There's a chance for a spotty shower this morning. Not looking like it'll be much of an issue though for a severe weather station. I'm nine first Warning metrologist Cameron Harden on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Well, it's been a long time, but there is some rain now in the tri State. There's a small cell. It's in Claremont County between Amelia and Mount orb just south of Williamsburg. So getting a little drink there at the lake. A little bit of rain up near Hamilton, and then more rain down to the southwest around vv and Sanders heading into northern Kentucky. Right now in Cincinnati is still dry and it is sixty eight degrees at six thirty five. Next News at seven, I'm Sandy Collins News Radio seven one hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: News twenty four hours a day. He was a radio seven hundred W l W.
Speaker 14: I'm toasting you.
Speaker 3: Sit, honey. We may meet through dude, You'll never care me come by.
Speaker 15: At no place is where the whiskey round Landay second up.
Speaker 5: Weekly True on US fifty two from Hamilton to Claremont and then to how Now, Brown County to meet the gang at Brookies in Ripley, Ohio.
Speaker 3: This morning, Good morning, gang, good morning. So how are things.
Speaker 5: Going in in the lovely little hamlet there by the Ohio River of Ripley, Ohio? The lovely village of Ripley. Where, Yes, at six thirty six in the morning on a Saturday, people are at a bar.
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 8: It's pretty calm here this morning?
Speaker 3: Oh boss is there? Good?
Speaker 12: Yeah, early riser and he was in here.
Speaker 8: Johnny held the spot this morning.
Speaker 3: Well it worked me up. Well, you can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.
Speaker 18: Buzz started.
Speaker 3: So it was an auspicious week for Doug.
Speaker 9: This week.
Speaker 5: It was his sixty third birthday this past Tuesday. And uh, the oil baron of Brown County now has joined an elite club, of which I, of course him the president of the sixty three club.
Speaker 3: So welcome to the club. And uh, did you get any good birthday presents? Doug Dog? Doug sells Schafer oil and lubricants, by the way, for a living. So what kind of present?
Speaker 25: Strangely enough, I was gifted a court of Shafer O W twenty motor oil.
Speaker 5: Really, yeah, figure figure you could get. You could get your hands on plenty of that if you needed to.
Speaker 8: I yeah, I just never get it gifted. That's even better.
Speaker 5: Well, who would do Who would do a crazy thing like give the oil bear in a Brown County a court of oil for their birthday?
Speaker 3: Who would do something like that? I can't imagine it was.
Speaker 26: It was a conspiracy between yourself and mister Greg.
Speaker 3: App O, Kate, I got.
Speaker 17: I got the visitor with Greg yesterday and we got another laugh out of it.
Speaker 5: So Doug's wife Angie shows me the video of her because he wasn't at the at home at the time that I dropped by and gifted the court of Shaefer oil to him like he needs that. And he's just sitting there at his desk and he's reading the note that I had written for the man who has everything except this.
Speaker 3: And she pulls Peo pulls it out of the package. He goes, why why? He just stunned. We got any bands playing at Brookies tonight?
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 3: We can't read the signs from this far away?
Speaker 8: Can they care about eight to clode?
Speaker 18: Where a were you?
Speaker 17: We're in the light, the signs in the dark. But hey, Queen of Hearts will least be about close to seventy thousand by Wednesday night.
Speaker 8: That'd be a seven thirty.
Speaker 3: That's a big SPoD thing. And he plans for Monday night.
Speaker 9: We'll give you a.
Speaker 12: Yeah. Yeah, come on in, come on in.
Speaker 3: That is their big pitch at Brookies. Yeah, Monday night football.
Speaker 8: Come on in.
Speaker 3: What's the weather like?
Speaker 17: There're not here to defend anything?
Speaker 26: Yeah there, it's not here, blessy start.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 27: Sorry I missed Jill on Tuesday. I popped in and said happy birthday to dead two. Sorry I misstick from Dayton too. That would have been fun down at the Barry.
Speaker 5: He talked about you up one side down, the other Saturday. Yes, he was hoping you'd be there.
Speaker 27: Oh, now I feel really bad now that he did him.
Speaker 8: To get there.
Speaker 3: Feel that I'm just letting. I'm just letting you know you're loved, dear.
Speaker 12: Well, that's very nice, very nice.
Speaker 9: Hey.
Speaker 27: I went down and checked out the weather rock and a funny thing. There was a toaster on it, and uh uh the beaver was down in stratch and he said he couldn't figure it out why there was a toaster on the rock. But you know it's going to be toasty hot today with some pop up showers.
Speaker 24: That's what I did there.
Speaker 5: You go, all right, Well, I got to get a disclaimer for you, like the one we've got for day from Harrison. All right, listen, say good night.
Speaker 12: Dick, get that care japp bye.
Speaker 21: Seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati, Available everywhere with the iHeartRadio app down number one for podcasting seven hundred WLW and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 28: Body Armor Sports Street Deliver is hardworking hydration for today's athletes with Potassiumpact, electro LIFs and oxidens and no artificial sweeten.
Speaker 3: With spotty shower here this morning.
Speaker 5: Otherwise the heat and the beat goes on ninety two for a high today rain relief in Sight the first of the week Friday ninety X on Saturday morning with Liam Tomlinson giving you the Tale of the Tape Go Ahead.
Speaker 10: Brother Elder beat Louisville Saint X seventeen to fifteen. Last night, Northwest defeated Western Hills twenty eight to thirteen eight and shut out Summit Country Day forty three to nothing. Newport edges Ludlow thirty two to thirty. Lasal handled with throw forty three to nineteen. McNicholas Todd Purcell Marion thirty eight to eight, and Campbell County pulls out a twenty nine to twenty eight win over Newport. Central Catholic Hamilton dominated Oak Hills thirty four to seven, Marrimont shout out Finneytown sixteen to nothing, and Bishop Fenwick felt a mount healthy thirty five to ten. You see takes on Houston at Home. This afternoon pregame Covered begins at eleven. Kickoff is set for noon on Fox Sports thirteen sixty The Orange and Blue Traveler, Nashville. This evening pregame Covered begins at seven. Kickoff is set for seven forty. That game is also on Fox Sports thirteen sixty. The Reds continue their dominance in the first game of series this season, topping the Pirates eight to three to begin the final homestand of the season. The Reads all turned to action this afternoon. Inside Pitch begins at twelve to ten, First pitch at one ten. Catch all the action on the Home of the Reds. Seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Sir.
Speaker 5: Steve fromett In, Ohio with a fifty phone calling New of the Week straight Ahead Trice.
Speaker 8: Eight four Buyers.
Speaker 29: Mike kestri Ford in Milford and Mike kestersey Ford, Lincoln of Alexandria is your.
Speaker 3: Source for brand new Ford.
Speaker 29: Super Duty pickup trucks F two fifty f three, fifty, f four, fifty and more. If it says new for Super Duty, It's on sale right now with discounts and rebate as much as eight thousand dollars off the sircer price only at Mike kestercy Ford.
Speaker 3: So Good.
Speaker 5: Before Joe Walsh was a member of the Eagles, the lead guitarist, at least for a couple of albums was Don Felder for the On the Border album and this album. One of These Nights, Don Felder was the man on the lead for the Superstar group. He's seventy seven to day, so happy birthday to Don Felder wherever you are.
Speaker 3: Apparently he's still touring and.
Speaker 5: A very active senior at seventy seven. Kind of like I don't know make Ja and Paul McCartney in that regard. It's six forty six seven LW Gary, Jeff Walker, and Steve from met in Ohio with his pifty phone called News's of the Week.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Steve, All, I am wound up.
Speaker 30: My friend Donald Trump warmed the cockles of my heart, if I may to use that term in mixed company when he announced he's coming to Springfield, Ohio, when everybody else drops the ball, Mike de Wine call him the Lone Ranger and Toto Simon. Let's start with you, Governor Mike the Wine, whose solution is to use Ohio money to allegedly solve a problem created by the Feds in Washington, d C. Why Biden Harris Airlines arranged for the Haitians to be flown into Ohio precisely because it's a red state that will go for Trump.
Speaker 12: They should clean up the mess.
Speaker 30: The Haitians are here technically on temporary visas.
Speaker 26: Is that what I heard?
Speaker 31: De Hine is the.
Speaker 30: US Senator who lost his seat to Shared Brown in the twenty six election, Thanks Mike. He's also the former attorney general of this state, so he should know that the right thing to do now is a full bore investigation of the conspiracy amongst federal officials and businessmen in Springfield, Ohio to import unvetted workers from Haiti to replace more expensive workers somehow lost in the shuffle after the COVID theascah H fascism at work again and dirty work at that. So what did happen to those employees who lost their jobs? The legal workers? This scheme smells of illegality all around, and that's why the wine is running scared okay to wine. You're a lawyer. Here's a suggestion task Ohio State Auditor Keith Faber, who is a lawyer and a no nonsense investigator, to head the look see into the not so funny funny business in Clark County, Ohio. Here's a question I asked it, I think last week where the Springfield police officers told to stand down in the face of Haitian criminal activity, how in the hell. Did these Haitians get those drivers' licenses, the ones who bought to get them and keep them despite numerous traffic violations. Huh when that Haitian killed an eleven year old schoolboy, when the Haitian rammed a school bus head on, Remember that the media at the time only said that he presented a Mexican driver's license, which courses in valid in Ohio. They did not identify his country of origin. So why is the legacy media so hesitant to go into the neighborhoods in Springfield and talk to the people instead of relying on official reports? Speaking of which, the mayor of Springfield, a Republican who is a real estate baron on the side, was a wall from that Thursday town hall meeting. He also took a show pardon the expression at Donald Trump's intention to come to his city. Is he afraid to address conflict of interest charges? Is he afraid to address the obscene marriage of business and government that are known as fascism? Inquiring minds want to know did businessmen in Clark County get COVID money to hire those Haitians? Did the US citizens, the good ones in Springfield who lost their jobs actually pay for those Biden Harris Airlines flights from Haiti to Springfield, you and I did? Is the Ohio Jobs and Family Services Empire complicit in this? There's a pull up serprise for reporting if any of you journalists are interested. Oh, here's one. Does Mike DeWine own Biden Harris Airlines stock?
Speaker 18: Okay?
Speaker 30: I was just kidding on that one. If we have time, Here's a hooray for Sheriff Mike Chitwood of Vlusha County, Florida. When faced with the twenty one thousand dollars cost policing a telephone threat to a local school by a street punk who goes by the name Kingston, Chitwood booked the eleven year old, published his mugshot and told area parents they are next when their kid thinks it's cool to rip schools.
Speaker 9: Ah.
Speaker 30: Yes, how about borrowing this kid from ever having a cell phone the rest of his life unless we can get the Israeli secret police to booby trap Kingston's phone as they did the pagers used by Habala this past week. Ah, Gary, Jeff, what a tangled web we weave? Oh my goodness, Yes, Mike DeWine gave us shared Brown, Let's get rid of both of them. Hey, take care of yourself.
Speaker 5: Oh Steve, thank you, great phone call as the usual. And my friend Ray from Ludland, Loveland is on the line. Ray, how are you doing.
Speaker 26: Good morning, Gary, Jeff, my brother, good morning.
Speaker 30: Hey.
Speaker 24: I've got a theme for.
Speaker 26: You in a question, all right, and I'm let's set this up all right, all right?
Speaker 30: The theme is.
Speaker 26: Is it doing less with more? Or is it doing more with less?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 26: Got to wrap our arms around this, all right. So if you have a family that in twenty twelve earned a combined one hundred thousand.
Speaker 8: Dollars twenty and twelve, and then in.
Speaker 26: Twenty and twenty three they earned one hundred and eighty seven thousand plus, okay, would you say, generally speaking, that family is doing.
Speaker 8: Less with more or more with less? Okay?
Speaker 26: And this is going to come home right now. The Secret Service budget looked it up yesterday, took about five minutes. In two thy and twelve, their budget was one point six billion dollars with a B. Right, twenty and twenty three, the Secret Service budget was two point eight billion dollars with a B. And I could not verify this or not, but I believe that might be adjusted for inflation. But either way, would.
Speaker 24: You say.
Speaker 26: The Secret Service, given the last sixty days performance, especially, are they doing more.
Speaker 8: With less or less with more?
Speaker 26: And I might add yesterday your House of Congress unanimously gave them drum roll more. Ponder, God bless you, Oh.
Speaker 3: God bless you.
Speaker 5: That is the whole problem with big government, obese government, is that you always always wind up paying more and wind up getting less. And that's why government is never the answer. We are the answer, and no, the government is not representing us right now six fifty four seven hundred WLWA.
Speaker 6: Nationally know locally owned. When you want a haircut, Supercuts will help you get that fresh cut feeling. Visit supercuts dot com to find a location and to learn about our safe salon commitment. With over twenty five hundred locations, there's always a Supercuts nearby. Join us at Octoberfest Cincinnati, you presented by.
Speaker 3: Well it's a warm one I kick off your Saturday.
Speaker 1: Temperatures this morning are in the mid seventies and be warm right back up to the nineties again. We'll top out ninety two to ninety three with mostly sunny skies. Chransfer a spotty shower early this morning, but overall just another hot and dry day from a severe weather station. I'm nine first Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: We've got some rain in Brown County here in the tri State. Also now approaching northern Kentucky. It's on its way between the rising sun and Florence. And then there's a little bit more rain farther south from that. Right now dry in Cincinnati and seventy degrees at seven oh six. Next update seven thirty. I'm Sandy Collins. These radio seven hundred WLWS.
Speaker 4: News twenty four hours a day. It was a radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 21: If you hit the make it bold button, your coffee gets even perkier.
Speaker 3: UDF made for you.
Speaker 5: Into another hour of the Saturday morning edition for this Saturday, September twenty first, twenty twenty four. I'm trying to get ahead of myself here, Gary Jeff Walker at the Helm. Good to have you along for the ride. It's seven o seven Eastern time, that is. And uh, let's check in with our environmental engineer only because I wanted to hear Louis Armstrong.
Speaker 22: I see trees some Green Lewis, Red Roses Tea satch Mode.
Speaker 18: I see them Blue's.
Speaker 32: Fog in you, and I think to myself, what a.
Speaker 3: Wonder Yes, indeed, what a wonderful world it is. We love this world.
Speaker 18: Ah sees guy's over there.
Speaker 3: Good good stuff. Steve Schulty, Good morning, my friend. How are you?
Speaker 33: Good morning, Gary?
Speaker 25: Jeff?
Speaker 33: Better than I desire this morning?
Speaker 12: Yep.
Speaker 5: Uh So, among other things, you told me that your son, Matt Dete Shulty has come up with a cocktail selected as the welcome drink at the twenty twenty five Super Bowls Commissioner's Ball.
Speaker 33: Yeah, just got the news last night. Well, I know, we knew he was involved in it. He was telling me about it earlier this week. Commissioner Goodell? Was it Goodell?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Goodell.
Speaker 33: His wife was there the testing. She loved it so much she insisted on the recipe so excellent.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Well, good good to you.
Speaker 34: See he was doing some great things down at the Roosevelt in downtown New Orleans.
Speaker 5: Every once in a while a bartender makes a significant contribution to society.
Speaker 3: So does CO two.
Speaker 33: You got it just comes from yesterday's email from the CO two Coalition, which a CO two coalition the title Love Your Bourbon and Sweet Corn Thanks CO two.
Speaker 3: Thanks.
Speaker 34: Over the past few decades, corn, which is called the foundational food like rice and what wat and whatnot, has benefited from increases in CO two emissions. The result has been notable, boosting corn yields worldwide CO two. They reported that between nineteen hundred and twenty twenty four, the US corn yield rose from twenty eight bushels an acre to one hundred and eighty three bushels per acre, which is a five hundred and fifty four percent increase. During the same period, carbon dioxide in the atmosphere increased from two hundred and ninety five parts per million to four hundred and nineteen parts per million. And also, just to give you the people out there, especially here in depth, an idea.
Speaker 25: What that means.
Speaker 33: We went from about five minutes every eleven and a half days to seven minutes every eleven and.
Speaker 14: A half days.
Speaker 33: That just gives you how small parts pavilion are a rare.
Speaker 12: Wide, the corn.
Speaker 33: Yields increased from twenty nine and nineteen sixty one to eighty six bushels per acre in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 5: But Steve Steve the climate call just want to want to eliminate CO two. They want to capture it, they want to stop CO two.
Speaker 33: Oh my god, I know the reason for this is deeply rooted in the physiological characteristic to corn, which has unique pathways that make their phonus synthesis, which is what drives at all green plants. Yes, particularly efficient under high CO two concentrations and elevated temperatures.
Speaker 3: We learned all of this in like fourth and fifth grade.
Speaker 18: It's science.
Speaker 33: Burnmore CO two levels. Higher CO two levels improve water use efficiency in corn, particularly beneficial when water supplies are limited or during droughts like what we're having right now. There's efficiency in it. It translates into enhanced growth rates and potential greater yields.
Speaker 3: We gotta go, Steve.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry about that, but, like you say, a three mile island is turning back on just so it can power Microsoft's AI. More of that next week, All right, fantasy, Steve Shilty, everybody with the environmental news you won't hear from even our newsroom, sadly seven eleven at seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 25: Meanwhiley in the entrented forest, hold on, you're not little red riding.
Speaker 3: Hood and no Red held out for more money, and you know how that goes around here. But what about the story we're filling in for Red? You're going to for a ten to be red? Listening to your own show, Eddie Murphy plays like ten characters in his movies. You don't think we can handle this? No, not really? That hurts man.
Speaker 18: Eddie and Rocky give your day a fairy tale ending Eddie and.
Speaker 28: Ro Monday afternoon at three seven hundred WLW, It's Monday Night Football and Cincinnati, September twenty.
Speaker 5: Third, Dolano who is not lipidly enhanced? Well, as far as you know, Roco, good morning.
Speaker 12: How are you doing?
Speaker 34: Guy?
Speaker 5: Yess, I'm doing fun So listen I am. I've got the upper arm strength of a kitten. I've never been much into working out or building great muscle profiles of my body. Uh, you know, and you know me, I'm not lipidly enhanced. Would you say I'm lipidly enhanced. I don't think I'm fat? No, Okay, now, I wanted.
Speaker 25: To say gulibidly enhanced. But you know, as we get older, we do need to concentrate more on a building muscle because we lose From twenty five years old on, we lose up up to thirty percent of the muscle mass that'd be once had the kits.
Speaker 5: Okay, so I don't have a program, I don't have a plan. How do I get started? According to Rococostelano dot com and building some muscle the muscle buildings for beginners.
Speaker 12: Yeah, so the first first thing is you want to go to rococostland dot com and you'll see a great article that talks about a muscle building for a beginners and the things you want to do large muscle groups. First, a lot of people they go to the gym. They're intimidating because there's people doing you know, a bicep curls, and they doing things to isolate muscles. You want to do all the multi joint exercises. So let's say squats. You want to do squats, but don't be putting weight on it. I just start off by doing you know, air squats we call them, and you can do a push ups and if you can't do a push up, you should do and the in clime push up where you're you're.
Speaker 31: Leaning against a chair or even if you're if you're really lipidly enhanced and you can't even get down on the ground. You should do you do a wear pull up, I mean a wall of bushup and then yeah, and then you can graduate to get down on you know, on the ground. And then there's the other things like applyank. You don't have to be doing sit ups. If your belly, if your belly or your stomachs are too big to be you know, to be sitting up, then we can have you do do a plank and then and you can do a lunge you know, uh like holding a wall.
Speaker 12: But I always have people. I don't want people walking uh like right left the bat. I want them to build, you know, to start building muscle first so that you can your body will support you when when are you doing activity? And I want you to do activity like like walk, like play, you know, basketballll or something where it's fun for you to do, not not a big burden or a chore.
Speaker 5: You can find out more at Roccocostelano dot com and Rocky I'm gonna I'm gonna do some air squads and I I hope, I hope they're dry.
Speaker 3: I'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 7: Time.
Speaker 5: Now for the Tom davis Diaries I like to refer to as the diary of a man Tom Davis with wild, wacky news stories from around the country and around the world.
Speaker 3: Are reporters standing by Tom.
Speaker 28: Good morning, Gary. It's the smallest things that can do the most damage to your small and testing. But first, some guy in Missouri was arrested for stealing a bunch of stuff from his neighbor using the doggy door. Delano Martin was crawling in and out of his neighbor's house with his neighbor's stuff in hand. Tools, electronics, jewelry, several guns, you name it. He grabbed it back and forth, Back and forth he went, but he never looked up to see the camera recording his every move. A baby alligator is safe in Florida after two good old boys tried to eat it. The animal was found in Lake Talquin near Tallahassee while they were fishing.
Speaker 3: They scooped it up and put it inside a cooler. They later were sitting on.
Speaker 28: Their front lawn drinking and telling the local kids they were going to cut it up and make gator bites out of it.
Speaker 3: The kids told their.
Speaker 28: Moms, who told the cops, who told animal control who showed up and took it back to the lake. Speaking of reptiles, some poor lady in Thailand was minding her own business cleaning her kitchen. One of sixteen foot python jumped up out of nowhere, grabbed her and started to squeeze aram Auran Raj was held captive and squ ueazed buy the snake for two hours. Somebody heard her screaming called the cops. They stormed in, used a crowbar to to prior free only minor injuries and finally, a Colorado man has experienced some health issues after eating a toothpick at a restaurant. Michael Salgato was eating when he unknowingly swallowed the toothpick. It punctured his bows and required him to have several medical procedures, including the removal of his appendix. He did recover. He's fine, but now he's mad. He's suing the restaurant next week. Wild Kangaroo bounces through KFC.
Speaker 3: Have a great weekend at bathsar Us.
Speaker 20: We're terrible roofers, we stink at installing, sighting, and don't ever call us for your kitchen remodel. But if you want a stunning, beautiful bathroom, makeover in just two or three days. Now, that's when you want to call us. See Unlike most contractors these days, we offer only one service, bathroom remodeling. We don't spread ourselves then by doing roofing or sighting and a bunch of other stuff.
Speaker 15: Nope.
Speaker 20: At baths r Us, we dedicate every company resource into mastering the craft of bath transformations. It's wine We're the Midwest biggest five star family owned bathroom company, and it's why we have the happiest customers.
Speaker 3: Just check out our Google reviews.
Speaker 20: Baths are Us. We're terrible roofers, but we're awesome bathroom remodelers. Right now, get fifteen hundred dollars off a shower or tub replacement or three thousand dollars off a full bathroom remodel, plus loans and no monthly payments. Call five one, three, six seven six bath to schedule your free estimate, or go to bathsrus dot com. Baths are Us We're dreams.
Speaker 3: Soak in mom meet.
Speaker 15: Sarah from first time, then a moment stell Welcome to Flight one Bengals update, don't you and artby your tri Stage Chevrolet Dealers and by Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Teve Sheldon on seven hundred WLW, home of the best Bengals coverage.
Speaker 23: Hi, Tony Pike, what do we have here? We got the come and coming in on Monday Night. They have a rookie quarterback, Jaden Daniels, who I guess is playing better than the other rookie quarterbacks so far.
Speaker 3: Lay it out. How's he doing?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Zach Taylor has been very complimentary of Jaden Daniels in talking this week and Jayden Daniels. He's completing a lot of passes, He's not really pushing the ball down the field, so a lot of safe throws early on for the rookie quarterback for the Washington Commanders. But things have been made a little easier for Jaden Daniels because of the running game. He's got a big in in that he's ran the ball really well for two games.
Speaker 12: He ran for two.
Speaker 9: Touchdowns in his NFL debut, and then last week Brian Robinson ran for over six yards to carry against the New York Giants. So they have done really well in helping their rookie quarterback by establishing a very strong running game around him as well.
Speaker 23: That's not good news because of course, the Bengals. The defensive line has a rash of injuries and they looking kind of pour us.
Speaker 9: Yeah. I mean that was the biggest question going into the regular season when everyone was healthy. Yeah, and now to see players injured, it doesn't look like Chris Jenkins or Sheldon Rankins is gonna play. I'm sorry, it doesn't look like bj Hill or Sheldon Rangkins will play. Chris Jenkins got back to practice a little bit yesterday, which is a good sign. But if I'm an opposing team and I'm playing the Bengals, I'm gonna try to run the ball as much as possible, one to shorten the game and two to keep that Bengals offense ideally off the field.
Speaker 3: Has anything definitive been said about t Higgins playing, It.
Speaker 9: Seems like things are trending in the right direction. He returned to practice yesterday. Marius Mims returned to practice yesterday a little bit and some limited capacities, but with the extra day of rest with Monday Night football, I believe there's a positive feel around T Higgins getting back on the field for the Bengals.
Speaker 23: And I talked to Zach Taylor expects Chase Brown to get the ball a little bit more often. You surprised he hasn't gotten it more often up until now.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's been weird because I thought going into the season it was going to be about a fifty to fifty split, to be quite honest. And Zach Moss has dominated the touches to this point. But when Chase Brown has touched the ball, good things have happened. So you know, Dan Pitcher said, it's more of a scheme thing and how the game is unfolding. Regardless of how any of that's happening, it's hard to deny that Chase Brown is doing good things when he touches the ball. And I would expect those touches to go up on Monday night.
Speaker 23: All right, all the time we have Tony Pike. Thanks for yours. We'll do it again next week, all right, buddy, they do scourcats.
Speaker 1: Well, it's a warm one to kick off your Saturday. Temperatures this morning are in the mid seventies and be warm right back up to the nineties again. We'll top out ninety two to ninety three with mostly sunny skies. Chansfer a spotty shower early this morning, but overall, just another hot and dry day from a severe weather station. I'm nine first Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Radar showing right now as a rain scattered throughout northern Kentucky and dry in the tri State north of the river. Temperature is seventy degrees right now.
Speaker 3: I'm Sandy Collins.
Speaker 2: Next update at eight thirty on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: News twenty four hours a day new it was a Radio seven hundred W l W.
Speaker 3: Jeff Weylerhonda dot Com into another hour of the Saturday morning edition for this Saturday.
Speaker 5: September twenty first, twenty twenty four, Gary Jeff Walker.
Speaker 3: I am me and you are you?
Speaker 5: That's perfectly fine, really is, unless, uh, you've done that thing again, the thing I told you not to do.
Speaker 3: Stop doing that? Oh eight o nine. Yes, A NIST's a bit surprising.
Speaker 18: No blinded me.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Michael.
Speaker 18: How are you?
Speaker 8: I agree with ye, Dick.
Speaker 32: If you're listening, I'm sorry, I miss you. I had a landscaping engagement. Well, I had a plant some tree.
Speaker 3: Hey, don't don't we all anyway? What you got this morning? Michael?
Speaker 32: Before we move on to the topic, I just want to inform certain news departments that in twenty twenty three, the abortion's abortions increased in this country after Roe v.
Speaker 8: Wade was overturned.
Speaker 32: So just just want to you know, one million, twenty five, six and ninety so we won't be seeing those people around and we won't be seeing their offspring either, So just make an effect.
Speaker 3: That's all, Yes, sir, follow science.
Speaker 8: This week we're talking about Tamala Harris.
Speaker 32: Actually she's made a psychology news and one of the topics is how can a half Jamaican, half Indian person all of a sudden speak with a dialect of a Spanish, which she just did this past Wednesday, And also how can you know, move into the midwestern Southern And if you also recall she also did a has a developed a French accent in twenty twenty one when she spoke to the French French government body. But psychologists psychologists reveal waw why to thank accents, and one of the main reasons is they feel like an outsider who wants to fit in. They're self conscious and they want to fit in a group, and that she's not really part of the problem is that some people may see this as an as an inauthentic, manipulave type of a type of strategy.
Speaker 5: Actually, anyone, actually anyone who's objective would see it as inauthentic and phony.
Speaker 32: Well, some say it's you do it on a consciously like we speak to kids sometimes and we speak to them, and you know, we talk to children, we kind of change the way we talk. And they call it code switching. But actually a study says that that code switching is actually done. It is a thought out behavior. It's not a it's not really an unconscious type of thought that you do when you're when you're speaking.
Speaker 3: So it's definitely planned, there's no question.
Speaker 32: Yeah, and you know the code behavior and also related the thought to speech changing is also her you know, policy changing, also trying to be you know, that type of magnificent just.
Speaker 5: As just as kind of you know, let's let's incorporate everything and everybody into this. Donald Trump doesn't change the way he talks no matter who he's talking to. He wasn't in the South Bronx and he didn't pretend to be a brother when he did that rally there.
Speaker 32: It's yeah, we're just we're just we're just giving the psychological type of breathing. Why I understood behavior changes, you know, just just statment, you know, don't out.
Speaker 5: And you could just you could just simplify it by saying Donald Trump is real and Kamala Harris is not.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Mike. I appreciate the phone call, but hellow.
Speaker 7: Windows and Doors at Greater Cincinnati at Northern Kentucky Football Frenzy Live from the Holy Grand getting you ready for the Bengals and Commanders. Monday Night Showdown presented by Emory Federal Credit Union, Rumky Wasting Recycling and the Performance Used Cars Superstore, Phone In on a Guilty Hotline, hosted some of the greatest sports minds in the country and a couple of nuts. So great one beginning Monday at three on seven hundred WLW, the home of the best Bengals coverage.
Speaker 3: When you look around the neighborhood, you see a great looking yard. There's really good.
Speaker 5: That's no name.
Speaker 15: Let's go.
Speaker 8: So Lazy.
Speaker 3: Cad and kind small.
Speaker 5: Ah Yes, the latest single from Reunion of Souls. Let's go to love and Let's go to our friend Rick Green Brother Green from Spirit Works Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: How are you my friend?
Speaker 14: Hey, good morning, Gary, daff I just got down praying for you to help me and all of your listeners.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you very much. Needed there.
Speaker 14: I got one to damn. I'm from Seasons, chapter four, verse twenty nine. It said, do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth, but only what is helpful to building up others according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.
Speaker 3: And Gary, I struggled with that at times. I'm struggling with it this morning. Who's struggling with that this morning? Rick?
Speaker 14: That's an honest laugh, Gary, because I don't mean that anybody right right?
Speaker 3: Read verse I thank God for forgiveness. Read the verse again, Rick, Okay.
Speaker 14: If he's just chapter four, verse twenty nine, do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth, but only what is helpful to building up others according to their needs.
Speaker 8: That is that it may benefit those who listen.
Speaker 5: Okay, So this is especially for a talk show host who gives his opinion on things. This is so I tell you what, Maybe maybe all the other unwholesome content for the rest of the show will come from the listeners, not from me.
Speaker 3: I did it, Gary, I did it loud and clear, all right, Ricky.
Speaker 24: Thank you.
Speaker 3: We'll see you for the podcast later on this morning. All right, thank you. Doctor Dennis in Annapolis, Good morning.
Speaker 8: How are you come on, Gary Greff.
Speaker 17: I'm hearing some things that you're the commenter of.
Speaker 11: Mike the wine may have in fact facilitated the bringing in to all those stations in Springfill, Ohio through his some extensive.
Speaker 8: Context down in Haiti.
Speaker 11: I think he gives some kind of foundation or something down in Haiti.
Speaker 12: Do you know anything about that?
Speaker 5: All I know is, uh, he wants more money for the Haitians that he's allowed out into the state of Ohio.
Speaker 3: That's that's what I know.
Speaker 11: It's some kind of orphanage or some something down Hay that Uh. But apparently he lost he his wife lost a daughter to an accident or something, and they started this foundation and Haiti. All right, So so for what it's worth, uh, you know, I mean, he may have helped create the problem.
Speaker 3: I mean, they're bringing up the road.
Speaker 5: The road to fiscal irresponsibility is paved with all kinds of good intentions. And we are and the people of Springfield, Ohio specifically right now, if you listen to the actual residents, not the mayor or government officials. Uh, the result has not been good for the citizens of Springfield, Ohio on the balance, and and people are speaking They were speaking out this week in the town hall with Vivak Ramaswami, and they're continuing to speak out, and and thank goodness they are. They have a right to speak out. It's their town, it's their community. They build their lives there, in many cases live there all their lives. And to see it so dramatically changed in such a short period of time and not changed for the better because of this influx is very troublesome for them. And I and I totally I'm on their side. And it's also a compassionate human side.
Speaker 8: I mean, it's like they they simply don't have the resources. It's been.
Speaker 11: This onslaught of humanity brought on their town. It's overwhelmed with their resources.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and I just expect.
Speaker 3: But Liam made the point. Liam made the point.
Speaker 5: Producer Liam made the point, and he's correct that they are technically on a technicality legal because of a special order put into place by Joe Biden and Kamala Harris that expires in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: So what happens when it expires are exactly anyway.
Speaker 5: It's it's a story that's being written as we speak, Dennis, and I don't know any more to tell you, but I appreciate your chiming in there.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you for listening. Brother. It's eight nineteen at seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 22: This morning at nine Mike Allen goes full thor and wields his mighty Devil of Justice on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: We're just hours away from our twenty twenty four I Heard Radio Music Festival, precedent by Capital Walks.
Speaker 20: Biggest headliners in live music will be taking over t Mobile Arena, Las Vegas.
Speaker 29: Lost some special surprises at moments you're not going to want to missed stream only on Hulu Toodnight.
Speaker 20: It continues starting at ten thirty pm.
Speaker 10: Capital One is So proud presenting partner of the twenty twenty four iHeartRadio Music accessol, bringing great products, rewards and services to its customers.
Speaker 6: What's in your Wallet The following is an important message about suicide awareness and veterans suicide.
Speaker 1: Another hot one this afternoon, Temperatures for the fourth straight day climb into the nineties. Mostly sunny skies tonight, You're down to the mid to upper sixties before rain chances they move in for your Sunday afternoon into the evening hours, temperatures only topping out in the upper eighties.
Speaker 3: Firm severe weather station.
Speaker 1: I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: All right, checking radar right now, Light to moderatet rain found in northern Kentucky. It's heaviest around southern Boone and southern Kenton Counties. Also, they're getting quite a drink just south of Georgetown along the river to Maysville and down to Flemingsburg. Right now in Cincinnati, still dry, seventy one degrees at eight thirty seven. I'm Sandy Collins. Next Update AD nine on news radio seven hundred WLWD.
Speaker 4: News twenty four hours a day. News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: Good Morning Kids, Time for gifts for Wally Joke Alert.
Speaker 5: A wealthy married man is having an affair with an Italian woman for several months. One night, during one of their rendezvous, she confides in him that she's pregnant. Not wanting to ruin his reputation or his marriage, he agrees to pay her a large.
Speaker 3: Sum of money. To go back to Italy to secretly have the child. If she stays in Italy to raise the child, he would also provide child support until the child turned eighteen. She agreed, but asked how he would know when the baby was born.
Speaker 5: To keep it discreet, he told her to simply mail him a postcard upon birth and write spaghetti on the back. He would then arrange for the child's support payments to begin one day. About nine months later, he comes home to his very confused wife. Honey, she said, you received a very strange postcard today. Oh, give it to me, I'll explain it. The wife obeyed and watched as her husband read the card, turned white and fainted whom The card was written Spaghetti, Spaghetti, spaghetti two with meat balls one without.
Speaker 21: Seven hundred W l W Cincinnati, available everywhere with the iHeartRadio app down number one for podcasting seven hundred W l W and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 23: When you look around the neighborhood you see a great looking yard. There's really a good chance that people are using.
Speaker 3: As echoes of Nelly.
Speaker 5: At ga BP last night after the Reds dismantled the Pirates.
Speaker 3: Not that that matters. It is you got to play the rest of the games on the schedule.
Speaker 5: So you might as well win a few coming down the stretch, especially for the home crowd. Red's putting on an eight to three victory over Pittsburgh last night. More la de la Cruz. More of everything that that was good about the Reds and we didn't see a whole lot of it this summer. Not enough to justify making the playoffs. To talk about that, and I'm sure much more. Moe Egger joins us on the com rex this morning. Hey, Mo, what's up man? That's the best signal we've ever had. You gotta put one of those in your house.
Speaker 3: That's great?
Speaker 18: One in my house? Do you just too lazy to go downstairs? And Tourna would never use it?
Speaker 3: This is like, this is great.
Speaker 5: You're just like in the studio with me. So another UC football game. I guess that's where your your main focus is today, since that's what you'll be doing, uh here in a little while. Correct, what do we what do we got from the bear Cats today?
Speaker 35: Well, that's that's where I am right now, Nippert Stadium. Interesting game today, big twelve opener for UCE playing a Houston team. You know, Cincinnati has run the ball really well, ran the ball well last week against Miami, ran the ball well against Pittsburgh until they didn't Houston. Their last two opponents, they've held a seventy five yards rushing. They might say, well, no big deal. Last week Rice was their opponent, but the week before that, Oklahoma scored just sixteen points, had one scoring drive of over a play, and averaged less than three yards of carry. And so for what the Bearcats want to do, Houston presents a problem. On the flip side, it's kind of weakness versus weakness. Houston's not very good offensively. Their quarterback has thrown more picks than he has touchdowns. But we've seen the Bearcats at times this year, including last week against Miami. B I think a little bit too easy to move the football on and so I think an interesting game.
Speaker 18: The Bearcats are favored.
Speaker 35: They played well last week, but they haven't won an FBS game at home since Luke Fickle was still here, and the coach who broke their thirty seven game home winning streak back in twenty twenty two, Willie Fritz, was at two lane, then he's at Houston, and now so he'll be here today.
Speaker 18: Interesting game, Yeah, no.
Speaker 3: Doubt about it.
Speaker 5: Every time I hear the university Rice mentioned, I always think the Owls should be playing in a conference with corn, barley and wheat.
Speaker 3: But that's just me.
Speaker 18: Given the fact that conference realignment is NonStop, that may happen.
Speaker 3: Okay, good, the Big Grain Conference or something like that.
Speaker 5: The Reds, as we mentioned, and you know what, the story really this week has been the milestones passed by Sho Heeo Tani. You know, so let's talk about something that's just never happened before. You never know if it's going to happen again. Fifty home runs and fifty steals. It definitely gives La de la Cruz, with his profile of twenty and twenty, something to shoot for, right, I mean, you know next year and really La de la Cruz meteoric rise to that level in home runs and steals in one year in his second year is pretty that's pretty huge. But like I said, now he's got something to really shoot for. Your comments on mister Otani in his efforts this season.
Speaker 35: Remarkable, and look you put it in the proper context. I've seen people this week say, well, it's easier to steal a base than it was even just a couple of years ago. And there's certainly some validity to that. But if it was that easy, why wouldn't everybody have fifty stolen bases? And to couple that with fifty home runs? You know, very few things I say this to you all the time. Very few things in sports live up to the hype. When Shohei Otani arrived in the United States as a two way player with the Angels, people who had seen him, who followed his career overseas, said, this guy has a chance to be the best player in the sport.
Speaker 18: And what do we all do.
Speaker 35: We shrug our shoulders and go, yo, okay, well, what's happened. He's turned out to be the best player in the sport? Must watch television. And then he goes to Los Angeles obviously, just moves across town. But again, very few things live up to the hype. He goes to a Dodgers team that's loaded, he's expected to be the best player.
Speaker 12: And he is.
Speaker 18: He's gonna win the MVP.
Speaker 35: And by the way, the season's not over, so I think it's going to be fun to think about where those numbers end up. More than anything, though, I'm thrilled he finally gets a postseason stage because that's eluded him. Right, he is going to have a chance to show people who typically don't get a shot to watch him what he can do. And he may still pitch in the postseason, which I think will be interesting. And then, yeah, it gives Ellie's something to aim for. What I would like to see Ellie aim for. And I'm a huge fan. Number One, everybody strikes out a lot these days. There are I think one hundred and thirty two players who have struck out one hundred times. Ellie has struck out I think two hundred and six. That's got to get cut down. You can't take advantage of your speed if you're not putting the ball in play. And I just like to see him become a little bit more of a consistent defender. But the tools are there. We see the tools. They've just got to be refined. And I think this is a huge year for him. You and I talked a few weeks ago about Bobby Witt in Kansas City and the leap he made for what he was last year to this year where he could be the al MVP. Aaron Judge is going to have something to say about that. I'm really interested in whether or not Ellie makes that leap next season.
Speaker 18: I think he can. I think you're being fair if you're skeptical that he will.
Speaker 5: Hey, gotcha, I wanted to talk about You want to talk about all the hype and living up to the hype. Kaylin Clark certainly has done that with the record she's setting in the WNBA. And I mean, there are a couple things that I just relish about this. Number One, I'm a fan. First time I saw Kaylen Clark play college basketball, I was like, Okay, I can actually watch women's college basketball. This player catches my attention and captures that enthusiasm inside me of going wow, I'm seeing something that I don't usually see in this sport. And then the second thing that I love about Kayln Clark's rookie season in the WNBA is just crushing all of the haters who hated against her from whether it's Cheryl Swoops or Diana Trossi, you know all these You know, playing against eighteen year olds is one thing, but you're playing against grown women now, and you know what She's making some grown women look really silly, especially as the season progressed.
Speaker 35: Yeah, and I think more than anything, has handled herself really well in the face of all that. Right, you know, she's been a terrific player. I think she really benefited from the Olympic break where she wasn't on the team, which I thought was nonsense. But you know, you think about it, that season ended in early April, then they had the draft, then they had training camp, then the season started. That's not how it works on the men's side. And so it seems to me that she really benefited from the break that the league took to accommodate the Olympics. And I think it was kind of a blessing in disguise for her that she wasn't on the US national team.
Speaker 18: I think she's done two things.
Speaker 35: I think number one, she's handled herself in this intense spotlight very very well with a lot of criticism. And I think some of the criticism isn't criticism, it's it's an observation. I don't think you're breaking new ground when you say, well, a player who plays in college is gonna have different challenges than somebody who plays in the pros. I think it was the way it was kind of put that was a little bit off putting, but she has still handled herself very very well.
Speaker 18: She's also brought eyeballs to the sport.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 35: They they moved recently one of their games against the Washington Mystics from where they typically played to the NBA Arena, and they sold it out. The TV ratings are through the roof, and I think that's the most important thing. But it's one thing to bring eyeballs. It's something else to bring eyeballs and then perform well in front of them.
Speaker 3: And she has no doubt about it.
Speaker 5: The Bengals face, Yeah, you know, we've got these these must win games. We call it a must win game. Well, you know, so far the Bengals season, every game was a must win game, every game was. The first game was certainly a should have won game. And you saw the Patriots performance against the Jets. Maybe they're really not all that good after all, and maybe it was the Bengals who weren't up to the challenge in Week one. And you know, then you've got the nail bier in Kansas City who just always my chiefs always find a way to win, and they'll continue to do that, I believe through this season, and they did against the Bengals last Sunday. And now you've got to Washington Commanders, and they post a lot of challenges for the Bengals, even at home on Monday night.
Speaker 3: What do we got here?
Speaker 35: Specifically? They can run the ball and the Bengals can't. Don't stop the run.
Speaker 3: Can't stop the run.
Speaker 35: Yeah, and not only haven't they been able to stop the run, they've lost two more defensive tackles who got hurt last week against Kansas City in Sheldon Rankins and bj Hill. So yeah, if you're the Commanders, obviously you want to control the football. You want to keep t Higgins off the field, going to make his debut on Monday night. You want to keep Joe Burrow off the field. They've been good at that. Bryan Robinson is a very good running back. Jane Daniels is an exceptionally athletic quarterback. You know, they won a game last week against the Giants without scoring a touchdown. Now you might say, well, wait a minute, they didn't score a touchdown, but they also had seven scoring opportunities made all seven field goals, And so I worry about Washington being able to possess the football to the extent that the Bengals offense can't get on the field. I think that's very, very fair. And then, you know, from an offensive perspective, I'm really interested because I thought last week was fun to see how the Bengals use their tight ends. Suddenly, like they've got like a thousand tight ends and good ones. This Eric All kid from Fairfield, I think is an absolute dude. MIKEASICKI did have one drop, but you saw what he can do. I think it's fun to think about now though, with Jamar Chase and t Higgins on the field, how the Bengals can use their tight ends. And then we saw the flash from Jermaine Burton last week. Does that earn him a few more snaps? Does that game Joe Burrows trust a little bit? They've got to cut down on their mistakes. I thought from an offensive perspective, there was a lot to like. But they got to finish drives. You know, they scored on four of their first five drives last week against Kansas City, and yet at halftime they were only up sixteen to ten.
Speaker 18: Those field goals have to become touchdowns.
Speaker 3: Oh, Yoshovich can get you some first downs too, don't.
Speaker 18: Yes, leave a lot of that.
Speaker 5: Absolutely well, mo, have a wonderful day, enjoy, enjoy the friendly confines of Nippert Stadium and being close to your comraes.
Speaker 3: And we will speak with you God willing next Saturday.
Speaker 18: All right, you will. I look forward to it.
Speaker 3: Thank you, brother.
Speaker 5: It's eight fifty three and Mike Allen, Saturday mid day, what's up? And you don't have a short show even though U see's playing early because the game's over on ESPN thirteen sixty or Fox Sports thirteen sixty.
Speaker 36: I found that out yesterday afternoon. So it's always an adventure.
Speaker 5: You got a full boat today, I do and do plenty of grist for the mill, plenty of things to talk about, plenty of things.
Speaker 36: I got two count of two new Kamala word salads, so we're gonna look at those.
Speaker 9: And did you know that.
Speaker 36: That children of the community are the children of the community. Well, the community has children, you know this, but but they are the children of the community. We're gonna look at that, have some fun with it. Also, Gary, Jeff, this is kind of chilling. How about how about this? How about the children are the children of the parents.
Speaker 5: And we ought to ask the parents to accept some responsibility for their children.
Speaker 36: How about that responsibility democrat? Forget it accountabilities.
Speaker 5: It's it's the whole collective thing, the children of the community of I.
Speaker 3: Know it takes a village.
Speaker 5: Yeah, h what's what's good for the benefit of all this collective communist crap that she continues to And this is who she really isn't changed. She doesn't have said that. She said it over. That was the only thing she said that was true. Her values haven't changed. She still wants to take away your guns, even though she has guns.
Speaker 3: She did you hear that? Now she'll shoot somebody that walks in walks into her house. Yeah right, I shouldn't have said that. That wasn't staged. She believes in abortion right up to the point of birth. All of these things. Saw that matters.
Speaker 5: She believes in the Green New Deal, and she believes that fracking must end to save humanity in the planet. She believes all those things because her values haven't changed.
Speaker 36: What we're gonna say, but by God, just don't ask her a question about it, you know. But the one thing that I'm going to talk about in the rent, and this is this is pretty pretty important it's called the report from the Commission on National Defense Strategy came up about a month or so ago, very little coverage.
Speaker 3: It's chilling.
Speaker 36: This bipartisan, truly bipartisan, eight person panel looked at our readiness and guess what. We ain't ready from a threat from Red China, Russia, Iran, North Korea.
Speaker 18: It really is.
Speaker 36: I mean, it's just you read this thing and you wonder where in the hell are leaders. We're in bad shape if something happened.
Speaker 5: Put it that way, well, we're not prepared for the threat from within, obviously. Mike Allen Saturday, midday after the show, show at Huddles. If you want to come on by, we'll be there and have a blessed weekend.
Speaker 3: As we like to say. Seven hundred WLW Men.
Speaker 4: If you're suffering from a rectile dysfunction or pe, Proactive Men's Medical Center will get you