Speaker 1: In the Sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six nine. In the Games, Mike the Bulldog Beyonti Jr. R.
Speaker 2: Bulldog Sports Phase brought you by Kaufmin and Lynn Injury Attorneys. What's up, Mike Beyanchi? What's up?
Speaker 3: The Orlando Magic opened the NBA season tonight on the road against the hated Miami Heat. You guys have been around Orlando a lot longer than I have, all right, But if you ask me, since I've been in Orlando, this is the most anticipated Magic season since since the Dwight years, since you know, since the NBA Finals years of two thousand and nine. I don't remember a Magic season where there was this much anticipation. Obviously, the Magic are coming off a playoff run last year. They should have won the first round of the playoffs against the Cleveland Cavaliers. They lost in Game seven despite having an eighteen point lead in the first half. I think this Magic season has the makings of being special.
Speaker 1: Are you guys fired up?
Speaker 2: Very positive going into the season with high hopes? Yes, very positive.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's the Dwight Howard feel yet, but we have a good team and a damn good coach, a.
Speaker 3: Really good team, A really good coach, a young team. I mean, we know what happened last year. The three leading scorers were twenty two years old or younger. That's only the second time in NBA history that's happened. Palo ban Caro coming off an All Star year, the Magic have added Kentavious called Will Pope, a two time NBA champion, to the roster. This is the I'm not saying the Magic are gonna win any championships this year, but to me, the minimum expectation is win a round in the playoffs. Last year, they made the playoffs. This year, if they could win around, that would be okay accomplishment.
Speaker 2: But we all agree. Let's cut to the chase here. Boys. Put a number on it, total number of wins regular season. What's it going to be?
Speaker 3: Well, last year they won forty seven. They were forty seven and five last year. I do think they're gonna be better by adding kcp co Contavious Championship Pope as I like to call him. I think the Magic are gonna win fifty five games this season. Fifty five and twenty seven. That'll be good enough for a three seed in the East.
Speaker 2: Bulldog, I was gonna land on fifty five as well. I'll one up here and go fifty six.
Speaker 1: And I will fifty two it fifty two.
Speaker 3: Okay, you can.
Speaker 4: Got a note of those. We'll refer back to next year, Taco. That's how I was doing writing them down. Remind me it was right around this date, got it. I'll take a picture of it now. NBA season did start last night. Lebron James and Bronni James made history. They became the first father son dulo to appear in a game together when they checked in with four minutes left in the second quarter.
Speaker 2: Also the first time in NBA history that the commissioner has played with his son.
Speaker 3: The commission Yes, that's right, the commissioner and the player coach.
Speaker 2: You know, and the GA Yes, yes, exactly. It was phenomenal history last night.
Speaker 3: I was thinking Adam Silver played with his son light. I get it now, I get it. It took me a lot alright. By the way, the Griffies were there last night, the King Griffy Junior and King Griffy Senior where there. They were the first you know, father son duo to play Major League Baseball history. Sad news and baseball. By the way, Lakers ended up winning that game. Fernando Vlenzuela, the Mexican phenom, the rookie who took the Major League Major League Baseball by storm back in the early eighties. He passed away yesterday at the age of sixty three. Sad news for the Dodgers. Do you get are you guys old enough to remember?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, man, the big guy on the mound. Yeah yeah, Chubby Fernando on the mound. That wind up he had when he he would look every time he'd wind up, he'd looked skywards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it was. It was.
Speaker 3: You know, we used to try to imitate him when we were kids, you know, doing the wind up there.
Speaker 1: So did you push your belly out before you pitched?
Speaker 2: Now, That's how I imitated him, just not pitching, just eating.
Speaker 3: Wow, just as we had suspected and just as we feared. Uh, Chris God, when the Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver looks like he's out for the year with that dislocated ankle that he suffered in the loss to the Baltimore Ravens on Monday night. Also, Mike Evans, the Buccaneers other star receiver. He's gonna be out until at least the bye we week eleven with a strained hamstring that looked pretty serious as well. So the Bucks will be without their top two wide receivers this week against against Atlanta, the following week against the Chiefs, and then the following week against the forty nine Ers. I hate to say it, but by the time Mike Evans gets back, the Bucks could be four and six in facing an uphill climb.
Speaker 1: To make the playoffs.
Speaker 2: So we'll see what happens.
Speaker 3: And by the way, Taco Bob, Yeah, Fantasy League advice, go pick up Bucks receiver Sterling Shepherd from your waiver wire. What I was gonna ask you, perfect, what else we have in sports?
Speaker 2: Lightning last night? Right lightning one to eight five last night over in New Jersey.
Speaker 3: There you go, there you go. Oh, here's here's here's an item. I wanted to get to the home run ball show. Hey O, tany fiftieth home run ball? Of course, he had fifty home runs fifty stolen bases, first major League baseball player to ever do that. His fiftieth home run ball fetched four point four million dollars at auction. That's the highest ever paid for any ball in any sport.
Speaker 2: Could you guys imagine having that kind of just spare change laying around to buy something like that. But yeah, yeah, come on.
Speaker 3: By the way, we had a discussion after, you know, the ball was caught by the guy and you know, and we had some Texas calling, oh, he should have just given the ball to show Eotani for some season tickets and a sign jersey.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yeah, right, okay, that's exactly what you do, buddy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the Willy You're holding on to the Willy Wonka ticket, right, yeah, yes, the Golden ticket.
Speaker 2: Good analogy, taco.
Speaker 3: I knew this was going to be a wrecord because first of all, it happened in LA with the Dodgers, where there's a lot of money, and secondly, show hey, Otani's like the biggest sports star in Japan. I'm just guessing, but I'm guessing some billionaire Japanese business executive probably bought that ball.
Speaker 2: He is Mike the Bulldog Bianchi, host of Open Mic on AM seven forty and FM ninety six to ninety game weekday mornings on a Jason to us, and he takes time out of his show to pop in here for the sports page. Each morning on JR I brought you by Kaufman and Lynd.
Speaker 3: Listen to under Oath with Attorney Jeff Coppin every saddady morning, seven thirty FM ninety six nine. In the Game, You can catch extended versions by searching your favorite streaming platform.
Speaker 1: Oh Oo, Splitch, and Taco are always on demand.
Speaker 4: Download their podcast daily on our free iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: Get it now at w j r R dot com.