Speaker 1: And nine Cognition.
Speaker 2: Five four three two one zero, All engine running.
Speaker 1: It's Tuesday. You know what that means.
Speaker 3: It's time for Ignition with the a W fan Hub podcast team.
Speaker 1: This is Kelson.
Speaker 4: And it's me. It's me. It's the VI b E. That's right, shades the vibe here. We're gonna take a look at some of the goings on this week and only wrestling, and we're gonna start with the big event coming up in London at the O two this weekend, Forbidden Door. What do you guys think should be the main event of that show?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a pretty good question because you could argue that honestly, Tony Storm and Athena. For me, I really think Tony Storm and Athena should be the main event. It's about time the women got a main event. And frankly, I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I kind of think like Hangman and MJF is not too much in doubt.
Speaker 5: Logically, I'm gonna say it's gonna be the lights out match, but I do feel like Athena versus them would be the best.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that sounds like logical now that I think about it. With the lights out match going last, because like, then, what are they going to do after the match is over if it doesn't go last, turn the lights back on for the rest of it.
Speaker 1: Well, that's not how the lights out match works. They don't wrestle the dark.
Speaker 6: I know that.
Speaker 1: It didn't take you long to say something weird.
Speaker 7: Goodness, Oh my goodness. I'm looking forward to Athena and Tony as well. I think that's gonna be the best match there and it's just gonna be great. I'm so happy to see women's wrestling.
Speaker 1: Just top tier. Yeah kay, what are your thoughts about it?
Speaker 8: Honestly, if there was ever a time, I do agree that the women should main event at some point, but if they were ever gonna do it, it should have been the all in match, should be get They put them second with Mariah May and Tony Storm, like that felt the most obvious for a main event women's main event, But this time around, I'm going to go with the the lights out match because, like we just said, like you can't turn them back on again. That breaks the drama for me too. That's my favorite part is like this is now unsanctioned. When the lights turn off and come back on, again, this is no like you know, that kills the drama if it's not the main event.
Speaker 1: Max, do you have any thoughts on this?
Speaker 9: Ill, the lights out match has to go last because it's a big stipulation match, and it it makes the most sense to close.
Speaker 1: Well Shades bring us home.
Speaker 4: Well, I agree that it makes the most sense for the lights out match to go last. However, if it were me, and because this is a forbidden Door, because we're trying to, you know, play up the ties between AW and New Japan Pro Wrestling, I would put Ocata and Swerve in the main event because Okada is probably, even though he is signed to AW now, he's probably the biggest star New Japan Pro Wrestling has had in the past twenty years and so or at least the last fifteen years for sure, And I think that it would it sort of would fall within the spirit of what Forbidden Door is supposed to be. Now, it won't be the main event, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's the best match on the card.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Nizzy in the uh in the chat is saying that she's leaning towards lights out match too, but she'd be happy with Athena and Tony Storm.
Speaker 1: So where are we going next here?
Speaker 4: I have one more thing to add. Let me add I I agree that MJF and Hangman should not be the main event because this will not this is not the end of their feud, so I see this as just another step in their story. Uh, let's talk about well, let's just go on. Let's go to predictions now. Actually, we we've got the card pretty much finalized, so let's start with the aw World Tag Team Championship. The Hurt Syndicate takes on the winners of f We are in Brodido and since we're doing this before the shows this week, we're gonna have to sort of predict who's gonna win between FTR and Brodido. I'll go first on that. I think FTR is gonna win, and I think FTR will be your new World Tag Team Champions.
Speaker 1: I hope not.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm gonna say this because last week last year, we had the same situation with FTR winning a match to become the not winning.
Speaker 1: They actually had a match.
Speaker 3: With the acclaimed and the winner would go on to all In. At that point, because remember all In was in in August and the match actually went to a draw, and so both FTR and Acclaimed made it too all in in a three way, and I just don't want to see the same thing happening again. I mean, we did a poll on the aw fathob subreddit and it was kind of right down the line. Broddo was the heart pick and FTR was the head pick.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, for sure I saw that, uh, which I didn't even think about. Nizzi said that FTR loses due to cope interference. I think, and I could definitely see that happening, you know, yeah, because I really I also just really don't want FTR to get over. I want Brody to to make it. I want body like if anybody, you know, I want to see Tag Team gold Lot again would be uh brody, you know like I, or a title on again would be brody like I. You know, I don't want to see FTR make it to the end this time, and I would prefer a cope interference.
Speaker 1: Who's dex who has another who has their own pick? Mkay, let's go to you.
Speaker 5: Uh you know, I I really want some fresh blood in there and be Brodido there's I think FTR has their own issues. Going on, and they don't need the titles right now, so Brodida would be great to put it on, and it'd be a whole heck of a lot of a good match for two big teams to go after each other. And said, because really, if you look at it, Hurstinicett hasn't faced very many big, big guys like big and agile guys like they have with Brodido, right.
Speaker 3: I also keep in mind also that MVP did say an interview a couple months ago that he wanted Hurt Syndicett to lose the titles to a younger team. Well, FTR is definitely not the younger team, and I think he also met by younger team is somebody that maybe he has never done it before, you know, and let's just get somebody new in there. And Brodido is definitely a new team. Net Let's get your thoughts on this, I guess, and that isn't with us.
Speaker 1: Max. Do you have the thoughts on this?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean Roddo would give hurd Sin the kid. It would be different because of course Brodido is a bigger team. They're bigger guys than what the hurts in the kids you've been facing as a voight, So I.
Speaker 9: Think it would be a good I think you would have good chemistry, and I think it would be a good sweeper man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what about you? What about you, Jess?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm going with Broddo too. I think it would be the coolest precioust pick they could make. I don't I know better than to put all my like to bet on the fact that's going to happen, but I really hope that it does.
Speaker 4: I would like to I would like to justify my FTR pick very quickly because I think one of the reasons, like non k Thabe Adam Clopland came to AW is to have a run with Christian Cage, And I think they are going to defeat FTR and they're going to retire as the World Taging Champions's that's what I believe is gonna happen. So that's sort of why I think they beat FTR to get those belts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, while here's my reasoning for what I said, not FTR is because look, WWE is currently doing their twenty twenty five Nostalgia Tour where they got forty eight and fifty year olds going at it on the main events of their shows. We don't need that in aaw You could do Christian Cage and Copeland against FDR in a non title match, and I'm non title feud if you want, and it would be just as good. I don't think you really need I agree with that, you know, net Let's see if you can.
Speaker 11: Okay, Okay, good?
Speaker 7: Sorry, I think I lost my WiFi. I was outside and came back in the house. I was saying that I'd like to see Brodito win. I think that Brody King needs some gold and I'm honestly a bit tired of FTR in general, so I'd like to see it on Brodido.
Speaker 11: That's my choice.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, we just had Steve and Sleazy join us, so let's go to Sleazy. We're talking about who do we think is going to win the FTR and Brodido match go on to face hurt Syndicate in Afterbidden Door. Also, do you think that that team would be able to beat Hurt Syndicate because none of us have actually said that yet.
Speaker 2: Well, I think Brodnido's going to win pure leave from Adam and Copeland interference, and as for whether or not they could beat the Hurts and get they could go either way because the Hurts ind get they have giant, massive muscles. Okay, that is a really hard quality to get over. But I believe that Brodido could potentially pull off the upset of the century.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's go to Steve and see what you think.
Speaker 12: I'm gonna have to say, FTR, they I think as a tag team they work together fine, but I do see yeah, Edge could come in and like Edge.
Speaker 13: Or Adam Coplan, Yeah yeah, I'm so used to saying is w name, Like I can see him like, yeah, yeah, they like he could like come in and like just like mess with them, kind of throw them off their game and lose that way. I can see that happening. But I think FTR because they're just they're more mistuh established tag team.
Speaker 1: Just gonna throw this out here.
Speaker 3: Let me let me throw this out here because a lot of people didn't say what their pick was for forbidden or do you think that the winner of the Brodido and FTR match is going to beat the Hurt Syndicate real quick?
Speaker 1: Yes or no? Yes? No, yep, no, yep.
Speaker 3: It was like like the mented choir, That's what this sounded like.
Speaker 1: That just killed me. I don't know why.
Speaker 8: F tr FTR gets over. I hope that they don't get over on the his Hurt syndicate. But if Bronino gets over, obviously I would I imagine that they would get over.
Speaker 5: I think I think they're trying to tease Brodido a little bit, in my opinion, have them get close close, kind of like they claimed where they claim should have won because they're so over with swerving our glory or whatever their name was with Keith Lee, but they didn't. So maybe they dangle dangle the carrot in front of us and see how we're you're act.
Speaker 11: I'm cool with that too.
Speaker 1: It's Jade.
Speaker 4: What's sticking with the tag teams. We have the aforementioned Adam Copeland and Christian Cage taking on I guess the matriarchy at this point, Kip Sabian and Nick Wayne in a grudge match, and I don't see there's any chance of Copeland and Cage not winning this match.
Speaker 3: So I thought you were going to say something different. I was like, wow, no, I agree with you, Shades. There's no way that cop and Cage aren't going to win this match. Yeah, I agree, you have a better chance of Cage turning on Copeland than you do them losing this match.
Speaker 11: Do you imagine?
Speaker 4: All right, I think we have a consensus on that one. We'll go to another match that I think there's going to be a consensus on the TBS Championship four way with champion Mercedes Monet representing a w Persephone representing CMLL Alex Windsor and do we know who is representing Stardom yet?
Speaker 3: No, but I will say this is that. Well, tomorrow morning, early in the morning, Uh, the five Star will be comple leaded the playoff and the quarter finals of the five Star will be completed.
Speaker 1: Eight Stardom wrestlers will.
Speaker 3: Be eliminated by I don't know nine am Eastern time tomorrow morning. Well, actually before that, I'm thinking after that show tomorrow morning that Stardom may introduce who it's going to be. I thought it would be sure. But if it's surey, there's no reason why they couldn't announce it by now, so I kind of else.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I don't think it matters because Mercedes Money is going to retain her title, right, no windsor not.
Speaker 8: I'm joking, but yeah, definitely Money is going to get away, like, no doubt about it at this point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's moment.
Speaker 4: Forbid and stop the money training guys. She wears her belts like a skirt like it's.
Speaker 14: Yeah, you get in the way of that that no, no, no, no now.
Speaker 4: And I think we're starting to get and I think we're gonna see this one of the I don't want to say issues, but some of the sometimes in the past, and I think we're singing again. With these forbidden door matchups, the outcomes can be a little too predictable.
Speaker 9: And I'll say that.
Speaker 4: As we go to the iw GP World Championship match two Hometown Boys champion Zach Saber Junior defending against Nigel McGuinness, who I guess is gonna have Daniel Garcia in his corner, Is that right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 8: And as like this more so being about Danny, like there's gonna be a bomb match, like the imagine is gonna be great, it's gonna be another tech technical spectacle or whatever. But yeah, he's gonna be for Danny's heel turn and he's gonna sabotage Nigel from getting that a iw GP.
Speaker 11: That's what I think.
Speaker 3: I didn't I wasn't really thinking about a hell turn. But God, there's no chance stead Nigel Beginners is beating Zach Labor Junior.
Speaker 1: Nor should he.
Speaker 5: No one should beat Zach.
Speaker 1: No, No, what should be sack?
Speaker 4: No, No one should be Listen, he's all that, he's amazing. Yeah what if? Oh yeah, listen. New Japan has to ride this Zach Saber train as far as it will go, because he's really about all they've got right now, at.
Speaker 1: Least at least in singles, uh, bullet clubs, you know, but I don't know. It's it's something, all.
Speaker 4: Right, all right, So we all sort of feel feel Zach Saberg is going to take that. Yes, yes, Another one that I think is probably not gonna be a surprise for most we have Kyle Fletcher defending his Team T championship against Rome with Takahashi. That's Fletcher, all right, I mean it's gotta be Fletcher's.
Speaker 3: This is one of those matches that this is one of those matches that if it goes twenty minutes, it's probably fifteen minutes too long.
Speaker 5: Mmm my good.
Speaker 3: I don't think that of all the matches on this card, I consider this the least competitive match by.
Speaker 8: Far, I think it's gonna be a great match. I'll say that much, but I don't want to say it. But like, it does feel like whenever an AW talent with a belt goes against somebody who's in another company, it feels like a Battle of the belts, but on a pay per view, you know, because like how many title changes have we seen on a Battle of the belts? How many title changes how we see between somebody out of the company with somebody in the company.
Speaker 11: Do you feel me?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I get you.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm about to blow your minds then, because the next match I want to talk about is the a W Women's World Championship Champion Timeless Tony Storm defending her title against Athena. And I think Athena is walking out of forbidden doors the AW Women's World Champion.
Speaker 5: I hope that.
Speaker 1: As do I think I do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it and it annoys mainly people said, well, she's on such a great time and she's doing so good, she's a women's division and stuff. Well, you know, at some point, she's had since February and I'm kind of wanting something different, a little more flavor to it. It's not gonna hurt Tony Storm to lose it at all, and I think it's time.
Speaker 3: No, definitely is not gonna hurt Tony Storm to lose this belt. I agree with the hundred percent.
Speaker 2: There especially.
Speaker 1: It's going to be a good match. Oh yeah, I will say this is don't forget that.
Speaker 3: A few days later, Atina has to defend the a W Women's World Championship against Mina shear Kaala.
Speaker 1: The ring.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I kind of think that baby Mina comes away with it. Make her the face of of uh Ring of Honor.
Speaker 4: You're speaking my language?
Speaker 9: Has the TV title? Give her both, but.
Speaker 3: It's an interim title, and she's not even recognized you know in some place.
Speaker 1: Is it's it's weird.
Speaker 13: Yeah, if the Theanna does lose, I means she has a problem.
Speaker 5: She has a problem winning big matches, and that's not something you want your your Ring of Honor champion to be doing. So I don't that's my issue with.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Put it this way.
Speaker 4: She carried Ring of Honor, she has carried that company for multiple years.
Speaker 1: And she.
Speaker 4: Did a clean job to Mercedes Monette in the Owen Heart Tournament, which is you know, which was her first real big opportunity to parlay all that ring of honor, you know, Cachet into an a W major victory, and you know she didn't get to do that so that we could have Mercedes versus Tony. I personally think it should have been Tony versus Athena all in Texas because Athena is from Texas. But now that we didn't get that, Now that we didn't get that and Athena did the job, I think I don't want to say owed. I don't think. I don't think anybody's owed anything. But if anyone deserves an opportunity to win this belt at forbidden door, and like she deserves this chance to be the champion, I fully believe that if.
Speaker 2: You may deserve it, but I don't think it's gonna happen because here's the thing nobody's even mentioned. It's the fact that she's about to reach one thousand days on her ro OH World title right now. You may think that makes her more of a threat to the Women's World Champion in aw but as Shane said before, she did a clean job to Tony Storm. So personally, in my or, no, what was her name? The other one?
Speaker 1: Mercedes?
Speaker 2: Mercedes, Yes, but anyway, the.
Speaker 15: Other one, my point stands, Yeah, GE's.
Speaker 2: Going to do another clean job here. It's gonna be a great match, but she's going to job and then it'll lead into a giant storyline of.
Speaker 4: Oh, is she going to be able to do a thousand days or is someone finally going to take the crown off HER's that she might be.
Speaker 2: I think Tony's going to win.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 4: I thought we would have some different opinions on that, but I so we'll see. I mean, obviously, go ahead, Kelsey.
Speaker 3: No, I just wanted to bring something up. You know, you have the thousand days. I don't think that's important. She's already the longest reigning Rigabanter champion men and women combined. She passed them over Joe's record. Another thing that people brought up are like, this is a little bit off topic, but go back to the other one.
Speaker 1: Mercedes Moday.
Speaker 3: People are saying that they want to keep that belt on her until she passes Jade Cargill. I don't believe that's true either, because I think you're giving Jake Cargill. Don't he cares about Jake Cargill In a w her reign was not anywhere near as good as Mercedes Monday's rain.
Speaker 1: I mean, come on, I agree, I agree.
Speaker 4: There can I just say we're really spoiled in the fact that we have two reigning women's champions in a w who have had lengthy title reigns, and both of them have been very, very good.
Speaker 8: Absolutely that, And like I do want to to win because I'm tired of paying nine to ninety nine a month to have to watch her on R O H.
Speaker 16: And I'm really glad that, yes you've heard it from the AW podcast team, we're not buying the Daughter Club anymore wins.
Speaker 8: But you know something, I'm happy that I don't have. You know, I could see her on HBO, Max and whatever platforms that they stream a dynamite on you right, seeing her on television Billy Starks too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love Billy Starks.
Speaker 11: I'd like to see more of her. So that's that's a real plus there.
Speaker 1: I think we have.
Speaker 4: We have two more, we have three more matches. Actually, we have another title match, the AW Unified Championship. Kaz Because let me try this again, Kazuka Okata defends his title against Swerve Strickland, and as amazing as it would be for Swerve to go over here, and I think in a different time and place that can happen and maybe will happen. I don't think it's happening at Forbidden Door.
Speaker 2: A well, I don't mean to swerve the conversation, but I think Swerve's gonna take the victory here just to kind of start the slow and eventual collapse of Kaza's thumb and and silvered them in card Rain.
Speaker 1: Well, No, I agree with Jay's swears not winning this, absolutely not.
Speaker 4: He just want match with Kenny Omega. He's not going to turn around and lose it at the next payer view. I just don't see that happening.
Speaker 7: Don Callus has a lot more paintings in him, so I think is.
Speaker 11: Definitely gonna win.
Speaker 4: I can't wait to see that painting.
Speaker 5: See.
Speaker 11: I'm on the edge of my seat, so let's.
Speaker 5: But you're here, I am no.
Speaker 8: I feel like somebody somebody said, for like one of the other championship, I think it was for the tag match because the hurt syndicate, like it might lead to a story later down the line. But I don't think that's where it was going to get over this time around. Not not in like because like uh, like Shade said earlier, like Okada is like the face of New Japan. Even though he's aw, he's all elite right now, Like he's still kind of like associated with uh New Japan. So like you can't really do that here in this paper kind of thing, you know, right, all right?
Speaker 4: We have big Yeah, we got the big daddy the aw Men's World Championship Hangman Adam Page defending against m JF. And I'm torn because I think Hangman probably should win and probably will win, But I kind of would like to see the meltdown if MJFB him the belt, like the actual meltdown in the community.
Speaker 14: Like what.
Speaker 8: If I if I see that dynamite diamond ring on that boy finger at any point in the match and want to get up and turn off my TV, Like I I lose it if he like, because that's the only way I could see him winning and getting over Hangman is if he cheats, you know, and does the heelish thing that he does, the sleazy MJF thing, and he does, you know, and wams him inside the head with that uh dynamite diamond ring, you know.
Speaker 11: But that's the only way, and I'll be pissed off if I.
Speaker 17: See that this match did the did what I never thought it would make me do, and made me call this pay per view interesting, which I have never done before. I'm honest to God, do not know who is going to win.
Speaker 4: This is amazing.
Speaker 17: It may be called forbidden Door interesting, This is huge.
Speaker 5: This is not the match for me to Yeah, I feel that, well, this is the least interesting match for me. I just I don't know it's JAF lately or what it is, but I'm not I know, hang Ma's probably gonna win because he's not gonna go through all that pain taking stuff with the death risings and say, oh here you go, MJF, just take it. Why don't you didn't? I don't see that happening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, look at the ninety second anniversary of CML. MGF is going to lose the CML CMLL Championship to Mistico, and that would be the second championship match he's lost in the span of two weeks.
Speaker 1: Because he's not going to win this match either.
Speaker 4: Nope, he's not.
Speaker 7: No, I don't see him winning.
Speaker 4: The question because what happens late after I look, where do these two go afterward? Are they going to continue their program because I don't see MJF just letting this go if he loses this match. I think this feud might ultimately result in MJF becoming the champion, but just not yet.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the only other thing that could happen is MGF. If he does win this, he'll lose it back to Hangman in ten days. That they've done that before. Somebody brought up Swerving Our Glory and the Acclaimed If you remember, Acclaimed lost the Swerve in Our Glory and then shortly afterward One won it back.
Speaker 4: So I really hope we don't start heart hot shotting world title like that.
Speaker 11: I don't.
Speaker 4: That's a very double thing to do.
Speaker 1: I don't like that either.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just don't. I think this is the wrong time to be doing this match. I think needed a I think it needed a bigger build.
Speaker 1: And I said that last week too. Yeah, and Hang Matt.
Speaker 3: Probably would have been better, sir participating in the lights out match.
Speaker 7: That's where I'd like to see him and see the lights out match.
Speaker 4: I agree over there and can together about the lights out match. We've got the Death Writers, Gabe Kid and the Young Bucks taking on Darby Allen, Roshi Tanahashi, will Spray, Kenny Omega and newly signed to a contract extension Coda AbuI What I mean, how many matches did he wrestle on his first contract with the a W three.
Speaker 7: He's gonna ride that bicycle.
Speaker 1: Should ride the bicycle down with a jow. Yeah, he'sows. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Look, the death Riders are the Heels, if you will, let's just call them the Heels are.
Speaker 1: Going to kill these guys. I mean, you've got a guy that you know is basically less. You know, she.
Speaker 14: Has no knees, Ospray has no neck, Kenny Omega has no abdomen, is a walking calamity, and Darby Allen, Darby Allen might be the most physically together a person on that team, which tells you everything you need to know.
Speaker 3: There's something wrong with the Face team, like every other one was like, you know, I think that I don't think there's I don't think there's any mystery behind who's going to win this match. I mean it's got to be it's got to be the Heels. The only mystery of this is what Choliber is gonna say. As far as how many feet I've ever removed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, as you know, fifteen miles of Kenny Omega's and testing was removed.
Speaker 1: It's like it's feet.
Speaker 7: Remember I had a mild case of the Victor lightis and it extended on to where he was near comatose.
Speaker 11: So it's just never ends.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, at this point, I don't know if this whole thing was k fab or not. I really don't, you know, It's it's weird.
Speaker 4: I just I want to see Sperry walk down to the ring holding his neck, and then Candy holding his stomach, and Hashi walking bow legged and.
Speaker 3: Wheelchair Darby Allen walking out, and just instead of hopping into the ring, he just plants himself fa first, face first into the ring post.
Speaker 11: Just for the hell off the top of the cane, you know, Oh goodness, that man is Yeah, that's right. No one can see anything.
Speaker 4: Nzy says in chat. I wonder how they're going to disrespect the bucks this time, And I'm like, I don't know, but I tell you what I hope will eventually come from this is I think they're teasing a breakup of the box.
Speaker 11: You think so.
Speaker 1: That would.
Speaker 4: Listen think I just want to throw this out here. What is the Bucks have done everything. They've done everything. What's the one story they've not done? A breakup?
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 4: And if you look there is when Don Kallus approached them, there is a picture of him hugging the Bucks and you know Nick Jackson looking at Mac Jackson kind of weird and Mac Jackson really embracing Don call Us. They took the same picture with Don Kallis hugging Kyle Fletcher and Will Osprey. Wow, I'll see if I can find it. But it's it's a lot of foreshadowing.
Speaker 1: It's that Wow, That's that's a deep dive right there.
Speaker 3: You know what what I you know, what I'd like to see is on Dynamite tomorrow from Glasgow. I'd like to see them have like a promotion with the Bucks. But they dead in the audio and they put subtitles up which are clearly not what they're saying.
Speaker 1: And I think that would just be the greatest way to lead it to.
Speaker 4: The fantastic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for the first adult Schwartzenegger movie, that was hysterical. If you don't get a chance, go look at that that. I mean, you know, Arnold Schwartzedger. I'm got the Jim and I am, you know, he's just speaking perfect English and I'm it's it's hysterical knowing what we know.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Well, now.
Speaker 4: That we've talked about the main card, what do you guys think there's going to be, well what what do you think is going to be added to zero hour match wise? Do you think we're going to get a zero hour like.
Speaker 1: What we definitely we will get.
Speaker 3: Here's what I hope happened either on Dynamite or Collision this week. I would love to see Tekla come out and challenge Cosmic Angels or Empress, Nexus, Venus whomever to a you know, triangle of madness against three of the.
Speaker 1: Idols from stardom. I think that would be a really good zero hour match and it.
Speaker 3: Would be something that we sit for that and that would be something that would get start Stardom fans in Japanese fans invested in Forbidden Door and maybe get some sell by byes from that as well.
Speaker 4: And they also have any wish list zero hour matches?
Speaker 5: No what.
Speaker 1: Everybody talked to once.
Speaker 9: Okay, so Techwan and triangle challenging.
Speaker 1: It would obviously have.
Speaker 9: To be caused by Angels because twas the idle, the whole idole thing in Japan. It would be funny though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but if it was Eres Nexus Venus, that would mean that maybe you could get uh Mina.
Speaker 1: Shere A Cow involved because that was her old group. You can't even have a mish mash. You don't have to go with just one group.
Speaker 3: So I mean, I just think it would be a great match for starting fans to see and maybe do a buy in for Forbidden Door.
Speaker 2: And here's a match I think they could happened.
Speaker 15: So Platinum Max is making his International Challenge International, right, so he gets put on zero hour, They do the very stupid chant that is incredibly annoying and has a low quality T shirt and then who.
Speaker 1: Who else comes out? But Ward Low? It's Genies. Yeah, Wardlow could be good. I don't know.
Speaker 9: Oh, give me Bonzilla in the TVs title match as the stardom representative.
Speaker 3: Now that that wouldn't work. She's just she's too green. She's too green. She's at the ring with veterans here. She could should be out of place. I don't think she could work it in terms of.
Speaker 9: That of the stardom representative. Then give me az M or give me momo.
Speaker 1: Uh it makes sense, like kid in this chat.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, So is there no love for the Starlight Kid in this chat?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: Yeah, everybody was a Startlight Kid.
Speaker 3: But the fact of the matter is Starlight Kids already booked for a match at Segura. Uh right, but she's already booked for a match that day as is That's boy. Yeah, Starlight Kid, that's a poise Serrie, and I can't remember there's one other from stardom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, since it's in England. What about the Priestley?
Speaker 3: No, not based on what she's been doing, she's not that she's not signed to start them, so that kind of eliminates here right there.
Speaker 1: But she's had some awful matches in that five star So I have I have another great idea for a zero Adam match.
Speaker 2: Jack Perry versus Griff Garrett.
Speaker 1: Oh damn it, we're editing that.
Speaker 7: Who You're worse than me? Because I was gonna say my favorite Eddie Kingston just come out and Entertainments.
Speaker 11: I didn't want to say it first. I didn't want to.
Speaker 4: Max challenges to be Eddie Kingston.
Speaker 3: Eddie Kingston comes to the rain, grabs a mic and farts the a b c's only on Forbidden Doors zero hour.
Speaker 7: All right, he does chops to Platinum Max to the beat of let's go Max, You're the best wrestler.
Speaker 8: In Look man, the whole heel side. That age match already looks like a dinner bell for Kingston. Like you know, I'm already, I feel it. I'm going to the E c W shows.
Speaker 11: I'm coping. I'm excited. I feel it. It's in the air, like it's you know, I'm excited. I hope so was.
Speaker 1: Everybody here knows. I love Eddie Kingston.
Speaker 4: I just want I think he shaved that beard too. I think he's ready.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he said that he's just waiting on Tony Kahn Sosa.
Speaker 5: Maybe maybe Tony can just itnitely, forget about him, just.
Speaker 4: Just just come out to Platinum Mexico. You preap what you sow Patna?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 1: Did I tell you what these nuts?
Speaker 4: All right, let's let's go on to pot pourri and I'll get this started. There's some news out there, some rumors that when his current aaw Dill is up, that Chris Jericho might make his way back to WWE. And I don't want to talk about WW but here's what I want to say. If that happens, fine, I don't. I don't want to see anyone, you know. I get that Jericho's character has kind of gotten a little stale, and I get that he's maybe run his course in AW. But let's be very very clear, Chris Jericho signing with this company and being its first world champion is a major, major reason why it was able to establish a foothold. And so I will if he leaves and goes to WWE, I'll say happy trails that thanks for everything, Chris, and that'll be it. Like I'm not going to trash him on the way out the door. And so I hope that that is the attitude of AW fans if that happens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, I agree with you.
Speaker 3: I mean, at this point, I think Chris Jericho is a WWE wrestler. I don't think you are a sports entertainer. I don't think he's an AW wrestler at this point because he hasn't been on anything for what four months, almost almost four months now, Since I don't I.
Speaker 5: Don't see it as a smart move for him. But if he wants to do it, go for it. I don't I don't know how friendly he is with Paul to me and Alavenders all the interviews I've seen him, and he seems like a vinced guy. So I don't know. I think there's more roles for him besides ring and besides wrestling her new commentary, he could do a lot of stuff.
Speaker 1: We also don't forget about Fozzy.
Speaker 3: If he does sign with WWE, is he going to be able to record a tour with you know these how many Grammys have they won?
Speaker 4: None?
Speaker 9: No one?
Speaker 8: Would he still even run the cruise of Jericho if he went to the WW Yeah.
Speaker 6: What Happenstan?
Speaker 4: They're gonna want twenty five percent of the gate on that is what?
Speaker 1: Oh my god?
Speaker 8: He charges like thirteen dollars for you to get a something like a handmade guitar and you get to ask him a question or something.
Speaker 4: And I was like, what.
Speaker 5: If he wanted to leave?
Speaker 8: Like if anybody wants to work at another company that isn't aw let them. You know, I'm pretty sure we're gonna talk about that later. But with Jericho, like I could totally see him going back home, you know, like that was his whole gimmick too. He was the sports entertainer, like uh, with the Jericho Appreciation Society, with the whole Danny Garcia thing about whether or not he was a sports entertainer or a professional wrestler. And ADEW has made its stance that it is professional wrestling and not sports entertainment. So there's really absolutely no space for Jericho anymore, like Shade said, But also like Shade said, he is integral to the history of ADEW. He will always be the inaugural AW World Champion and nothing can change that. You know, he established a lot of talents like Daddy Magic and a cool hand ind and Danny Garcia. A lot of cool people came out of Santana and Artiz. They were in the Inner Circle. I loved the Cody, Uh, mister Kay said, but yeah, Sammy, Yeah.
Speaker 5: But has to stop for Yeah, there's a lot of Jericho slander going on and stuff. And look, he put over Orange Cassidy when he didn't have to, because at first he didn't understand the Van's gimmick, but he got it. And he's done a lot for this company, whether you like his character or not. And I think his part in Brawl Out help with you know, Tony didn't know what to do. I think Jericho helped in that situation too, So he he's great. I don't see a place in WWE. I don't see a match where I really want him to face anybody. So I don't know what he's going to do over there. Maybe it's a one off. I don't know, but at some point he deserves his flowers and people need to quit billy aching about him burying people, which he never buried anybody.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that was what the point that Shades made initially is that, Yeah, the only thing.
Speaker 4: The only thing I will say is the one thing Chris Jericho asked people to do when he won the belt, and I'll just say thank you, Chris Jericho. So I think, Kay, you mentioned another talent who might want to work at another company. Do you want to expound on that?
Speaker 8: Oh, my man, darn Housen. Look, I love Dan Housen, and I understand, Well I don't. I don't understand because it's not my business. But with the adding of the injury time because he wants to leave, he hasn't been booked and god knows how long, and I feel like it might have to do.
Speaker 11: With, you know, merchandising. Stuff.
Speaker 8: Because when you look, every time they post the stats on aw merchandise, he's usually number three and he hasn't even been on television and god knows how long, you know, and they're holding on to him, and he wants to leave, and I think, let him. You know, we already had the bs with Ray Phoenix when he's like posting about how he's suffocating, excuse me, how he's suffocating and dying, and how he wants to get out of this company, you know, like a wounded animal in the corner like that. You know, that sucked having to watch that happen for months. I want to want to see Dan, like Dan hous is doing great on the indies right now. That man's paid some of my bills, you know, because he's commissioned me to make stuff for him. And I thought that was really cool. Like I think he should leave. I think, you know, I think he should if he wants to go and have bygones, be bygones.
Speaker 1: Let him, you know, with that house.
Speaker 3: And he's done nothing really but curse people, and he's had what two mediocre matches. But I think the biggest thing with what you said that the takeaway is, look at Ray Phoenix, bad mouthing a W, and AW just kept him away from AWW as long as they can go. Dan Houses has been bad mouthing aw.
Speaker 4: A.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, he has constantly and and we've just got aw just getting him. Whatever did you look at somebody like Malachi Black Alistair Black. He was very open up front. You know, I've heard that he communicated the Tony Kahn. He wanted his release, he got released. No arguments from Tony con. It's Tony con strikes me as like, if you are respectful to not only him but the company, he should to take care of you.
Speaker 1: Whatever way.
Speaker 4: Yes, the page is another one ethan page with the Tony Cohn said, Hey, I think I think I could do better elsewhere, and I really want a chance to go wrestle somewhere else and Tony kNN just said okay, and he ended up NXT the next week.
Speaker 5: You know, draw of of Dan Hassen as a wrestler. I think he's a great comedic guy. I think he would be great at backstage or or shanigans and stuff like that, but I don't I don't think he's it. He's great at merchandise, He's a great I don't know. He's just not somebody I want in AW anymore.
Speaker 4: Guys, here's the deal here, here is the bottom line the deal. W WING has made it clear. They've aught, They have stated openly that their goal is to put a W out of business. They have engaged in you know, crappy business practices, contract hampering, you name it. They have done everything they can to try to undermine AW. When someone's pointing a gun at you, you don't hand them another bullet. And it's unfortunate for Dan Housen that he's in this situation. But WWE is the one who has created the environment where Tony Kahn has to protect his business. WWE has done that.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you a question.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you a question. Shades Aw just recently signed Ace Austin. Would you say, I'm gonna ask you two questions. First question is would you say that A's Austen is a better wrestler.
Speaker 4: Than Dan Housen without question?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The second question is how many Dan wait a minute, how many Dan Housen's would it take the equal one Ace Austin.
Speaker 1: I would say probably around forty or so.
Speaker 5: Forty, But we don't need any David.
Speaker 4: No, I don't think that's the math you can look at, though. I think you have to look at the fact that what they're gonna do if he releases Dan Housen today, he's gonna get signed tomorrow. They're gonna put him on nxteam, which is probably the one play. Like we talk about we make fun of Mariah may Slash, Blake Monroe and all these other people getting relegated to NXT, NXT is actually a place where Dan Housen can thrive. I think that could be a really great spot for him. And if that happens, it's gonna be They're gonna stick it to aw every week. It's gonna be some tongue in cheek comment, it's gonna be everything they can and that's going to happen anyway, unfortunately. But you just can't. I think it's bad. It's a bad precedent to set number one, when a guy's bad mouth in your company, to give him what he wants. And number two, like, you can't be the nice guy in an environment where nobody else is the nice guy or you're gonna get walked all over. And that WWE. If WWE was a more reasonable business entity and just focused on its own stuff and didn't try to undermine AW encounter program and do all these things to like explicitly put it out of business. Then yeah, things might be different, you know, but they're not so. Tony Kahn first and foremost has a business to protect. How many people does he employ? How many you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: He can't.
Speaker 4: He can't just think about what's best for Dan Housen. He's got to think about what's best for all the restorers who are on his roster, all of the people who work in production, all that stuff.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm just saying is that if somebody like Dan Housen went to WW tomorrow, I don't think it would in any way, shape or form hurt AW, other than maybe in the merchandising.
Speaker 1: But let me say this.
Speaker 3: Of the last eight signees in twenty twenty five that AAW has gotten, none of them have ever wrestled in WWE. That's important. The other thing is that they're considerably younger and more experienced than what ww's Look, this is what I'm saying, you know, on the AAW side, Look five seven years from now. I think I said this last week. Guys like FTR Adam Copeland, maybe Christian Cage, Kenny Omega and others are not going to be with a w anymore. But they've got guys like swer Strickland and hang Met, Adam Page and will Osbry and Kyle fletcherd It can step up and take those spots, no problem right now.
Speaker 1: Right now, they could do that.
Speaker 3: The problem is is that, I mean, look at what's going on with the WWE's supposed matchup for August twentieth, John Cena and Brock Lesner. That's two forty eight year old men that are part timers that are in the main event. You know, this is what I'm saying. AW is going younger, but not just younger as far as developmental talent. They're going younger with experience and even their developmental talent that they had in the AAW dark days. You're getting along with these people that actually have experience.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: You know, you could look especially in the women's division Sky Blue, Julia Hart, you know some people like that. They're talking about people that have experience and WWE. If you look at the ed XT roster, they have some young people on NXT roster that I've never heard of and can't Remember if I've ever heard of mat even having a match, you know, I mean a legitimate match, not a squash, but a legitimate match.
Speaker 1: See, this is what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: AW needs to keep on doing what they're doing right now, building and developing the younger talent and giving them ample experience, not just squash matches.
Speaker 1: And that's what they're doing.
Speaker 3: And five seven years from now, like I said, when these AW wrestlers are no longer going to be with the company like FDR and Kenny Omega and Adam Copeland and then you know whatnot.
Speaker 1: You have experienced backups that can pick it up.
Speaker 3: And they're doing it now, So why can't they do it five seven years from now? They're going to be in their prime. You see what I'm saying. So you know that's the thing. It's a revolving door. I think I said this last week. The report was is that basically the average WWE viewer is ten years older than the average AW viewer. Why is that because they grew up watching these same guys that are in WWE. And I jokingly mentioned the WWE twenty twenty five nostalgia Tour, meaning that they've gotten all these older wrestlers wrestling in main events all over the place. You know, seem punk, you know whatever. I mean, they're not young bucks anymore. Part of the pun and a at A w to put on these matches with younger guys Hagman, Adam Page and MJF. Come on, I mean, look at that. Those those are younger guys that five from seven years five to seven years from now are still going to be in their prime.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I agree the Aws positioned better right now than probably they have been hit. And I agree that their future is bright. And I think one of the reasons they are that way is because Tony has been really smart with how he's running his business.
Speaker 1: And so.
Speaker 4: I think if Tony feels that he needs to keep a contract going, if that, like, I trust his ability to manage his business. Let me put it that way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want to I want to come up with my potpourri. It's just not really a discussion topic. It's really just a comment. It just wanted to say congratulations to Naomi and Jimmy Usol because they just announced that they are expecting their first child together.
Speaker 1: I think it's great.
Speaker 3: I'm really I'm Naomi and I'm really happy that Naomi's quote unquote injury that kept her from being cleared is not something serious but something amazing.
Speaker 5: I think you called it actually when it first happened, you were thinking pregnancy.
Speaker 3: Well, I know that she had said that she wanted to start a family, and there were some there were some is ses. I don't want to get into it because it's none of my damn business in door hours, but there were some issues preventing her from starting that family, and obviously that has been rectified. And I just really hope that have a beautiful baby boy or baby girl and have a happy family together.
Speaker 1: Put it that way. I had anybody else with the puffery, go ahead, I have one.
Speaker 11: I got to.
Speaker 5: I watched clips of Triple Mania, and I'm gonna say something I don't say about w about the stuff it was. It was very good, and WWE made Lucha Leebray a little bit more relevant and a lot of goofy stuff and fun stuff. But on the flip side of that, I don't want to hear any more WWE fans complaining about Orange Cassidy or the flippity floppity things that we do anymore, because yeah, I really enjoyed it. You know, even at Iguana and the Puppet and Microman and all that stuff. It was fun and wrestling is supposed to be fun. If you get to stick out of your rear ends, you'll you'll enjoy wrestling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I don't have a problem with it at all, you know, and it's it's a shame. And I will say this as somebody and that runs and Steve and Shades could probably back me up on this because we're moderators on the aw Fantom subreddit, and I know that Steve is a moderator at other subredits, including Greatness of Wrestling. A lot of the comments that are made about flippity flippity stuff and negative tribalistic stuff on all subreddits that I see. Third, for people who are not members of the subreddit, it just shows up on their feed. They take an opportunity to make a comment. I know that when I look at some of the people to make these tribalistic comments, it's literally like their first and second can comment that they've made on whatever subreddit they're on, you know, and a lot of them don't even make comments on wrestling subreddits.
Speaker 1: So it is what it is.
Speaker 3: Pay attention to the people that you know are watching the product, don't pay attention to people, or are just trying to get under your skin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 4: The one thing I'll say about Triplemania, I think we could have done with up the thick Taurus.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I wonder if that's a friend of Beast Bortos, because he's been jokingly like saying, you know, I'm a lawyer and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 4: I hope, I hope it's a tongue. I hope that they're everybody's cool with it. I just you know, but I guess for a company that literally toted a casket out of a ring and resurrected La Parca from it the year, you can't. I guess everything's on the table.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, that's a good point. Is anybody else?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: All right, then, well we'll be back tomorrow night, right after Dynamite to do our aw fan Hub Dynamite review. We're gonna do it a little bit differently tomorrow night. We're gonna try to do three matches and then we're gonna do a pote piri where everybody can bring up something about the other matches and segments or whatever. So we're gonna pick the three biggest ones. So we're gonna try to limit the time on it and make it just more enjoyable to the podcasters and for all the people that are listening as well. So again, thank you for listening. Thank you to everybody on the podcast team to show it up tonight.
Speaker 1: This was fun.
Speaker 3: Tell us of the comments, whether you agree with the podcast team's picks and thoughts and their crazy comments. Uh that we're made tonight and we will see you tomorrow night. So for the a W Fan podcast team, what did I just say there? The postcast team, Yeah, uh, this is Kelson.
Speaker 4: And this is Uh and this is Shades the Vibe. Good night Eddie Kingston.
Speaker 1: Good night Eddie kings Did.
Speaker 11: Good night Eddie.
Speaker 1: We love you. Yeah,