Speaker 1: Listen up, babies, Life's not fair. You get no say in the world you're born into. You don't decide your name. You don't decide where you come from. You don't decide if you have a place to call home or if your whole family has to leave the country.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's messed up.
Speaker 1: You don't decide how the world judges a person like you. You don't decide how your story begins, but.
Speaker 2: You do get to decide how it ends. It's alone. Yeah, that's my darkness. That's why I'm laughing.
Speaker 3: Think no mean you think you know me coming to my Dungeoness, it's a lonely dungeon because you're wanting every day, train this hard by yourself, hit it out.
Speaker 4: The bottom line is, no one's coming no one. No one's coming to push you. No one's coming to tell you to turn the TV off. No one's coming to tell you to get out the door and exercise. Nobody's coming to tell you to apply for that job that you've always dreamt about. Nobody's coming to write the business plan for you.
Speaker 5: It's up to you.
Speaker 6: What did you said to the kid?
Speaker 7: It eat about herd you hit, it's about hard.
Speaker 4: You can get hit, keep moving forward, how much you can take, keep moving heart, get up, let's.
Speaker 2: Go get up.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 6: If you're gonna do it, you don't have to do it alone.
Speaker 9: You don't think I got the guts to do it alone.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'll show you.
Speaker 2: It's wearing the pants.
Speaker 10: Nobody cares about you is something that would never make it clear to me. And I mean that in the most positive, optimistic, inspiring, motivating way. You think that everybody's paying attention, and because of that, it kind of controls how you think. And the reality is nobody gives a shit, nobody has time for you.
Speaker 11: I don't care about being solitary. I don't care about being on my own. I don't care about taking risks, because for a very long time I was, in any case on my own.
Speaker 4: I found myself in a place that I just never envisioned I would be. I would wake up every morning just pinned to the bed with anxiety, and I became somebody that I barely recognized. The thing that's interesting about being stuck in life is that the fact is you know what you need to do. That's the easy part. It's the how how the do you make yourself do what you need to do when you are scared or overwhelmed or anxious or hopeless or depressed or any of the stuff that happens to you as a human. That's the one hundred million dollar question.
Speaker 12: So after that five, when I lost, and I'm looking at all these people and they're all celebrating my demise and saying I'm done and this, and it certainly lit a fire under my belly. Every single person dealt with me, every single fire, deal with me.
Speaker 2: Doubt me. Now, you only got one life, guys.
Speaker 13: Again, if you work it right, you only need one.
Speaker 2: If you choose to spass, you do it alone. Nobody owns, nobody, nothing, you owe yourself.
Speaker 14: No one's coming back to help me. So it starts with that person in that mirror. You have to realize you are on your own now. And whatever else you believe in, I don't care what you believe in. But on earth it's a very lonely journey.
Speaker 11: The ball for excellence has never been so low. Most of your competition quits after the first sign of difficulty because they've never known what hard feels like. If it's hard for you, it's hard for everyone, and most people avoid hard things, which is why you can beat most people by just trying.
Speaker 8: That's lonely man, just like being his only car out in the parking lot.
Speaker 13: But if you're cool with that, man, if you're cool with walking in the shadows of yourself and you know, the only person you got a man right there in the shadow. Man, How you doing pretty good?
Speaker 11: How you doing all right?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 2: Cool?
Speaker 14: Cool?
Speaker 13: It's kind of weird having a conversation with you but anyone else around, because everyone else has faded way back then, way back there. You know, if you're cool with that kind of walk of life.
Speaker 8: I tell you, man, the world is your playground.
Speaker 2: You will rewrite the book on it all.
Speaker 6: Tom go home and.
Speaker 8: Get some sleep, and sleep might get by the way I've earned, I'll be dead asleep.
Speaker 7: In no time.
Speaker 15: The one companion that's always going to be with you is yourself. And I think the first thing you have to do. I think the first thing we have to do is we have to get ourselves to the point where we don't necessarily need a companion. We don't want to be left alone by ourself with ourselfs. So we come in and we sit down and we get on our phone, or we turn on the TV, or or we go wherever, we do whatever, because we don't want to face the reality of being by ourself with ourself. Start making yourself a companion that you're comfortable with, and become comfortable in your own skin.
Speaker 11: You're not having a bad yo. You've had a few bad days that you're thinking about for the rest of the year. I've found it helpful when I'm in a bad season, like I'm in right now, to just focus on having a good day. A good day and a bad season is a bite sized victory string. A few of those in a row. Bad season feels less hard. I'm pretty sure the difference between a happy life and an unhappy one doesn't come down to how many good or bad days you have, but which days you think about over and over again. In some seasons of life, maintaining is winning.
Speaker 2: I just have bad news for everybody.
Speaker 16: Nobody cares that you don't have time to practice.
Speaker 5: Nobody cares how you grow up with money, nobody cares who you came from, bad neighborhood, nobody cares about your problems.
Speaker 17: No one is going to save you. We can't do this for you. This journey predominantly must come from you. It's not what other people think.
Speaker 2: It's your light.
Speaker 3: What if it's your light, you gotta be willing to pay the vice.
Speaker 2: I knew that no one would come back to help me. No one's going to mirror called me to be somebody special.
Speaker 14: Everybody that call me my gair, my mom, all my situations were on me.
Speaker 2: Now it's somebody on me.
Speaker 4: You have to take your own responsibility.
Speaker 2: No one's going to save you. You have to do it. Should I go back?
Speaker 11: Should I lean back into getting a bag in with the boys on a weekend? Is that the highest, you know, way that I can live my life?
Speaker 2: Passion forward?
Speaker 11: Because that's what everybody else does. And all of my friends are taking the piss. Oh not drinking again? Too good for us? Are we not going out again this week?
Speaker 17: Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 11: Well, like enjoy staying in home and reading fucking nerd. So you're going to feel the pain of being ostracized from the group of friends that you used to have. But you're stuck in this messy middle where you haven't yet worked out who you are on the other side of this, And that lonely chapter that's in the middle is something that I would say almost nobody that I've ever met who has gone from a place where they are to a place where they want to be hasn't gone through.
Speaker 8: The small steps in between the big successes that everyone sees.
Speaker 2: No one sees this right now.
Speaker 8: I'm saying, like.
Speaker 16: There's a confidence to her man, there is a bad mother.
Speaker 8: It's the moments in life, the decisions you make on a moment to moment basis to.
Speaker 2: Add up to be the guy or not the guy. Tonight I did something, you know, I feel.
Speaker 13: More of a guy for me who I am my guy.
Speaker 11: I think about the gap from where people are in a place that they don't want to be until they get to a place that they do. And I think of it like a lonely chapter. Everybody that has got from a place where they don't want to be to one where they are. There's a point where they they're so different that they can't resonate with their old set of friends, but they're not yet sufficiently developed that they've created their new set of friends. And there's this temptation to go back to the old patterns, the old ways of thinking. If you want to go from where you are to where you want to be, you're going to have to do something that makes you more different, more weird, more easy to be mocked.
Speaker 2: There is no.
Speaker 11: Support around you, and there is this temptation to go back to your old ways of thinking, go back to the road that you already know how it's going to end.
Speaker 5: Spending time alone is the only place where you get to have these conversations. And most of us are spending time away from being alone because we're scared of having these conversations. We struggle so much with the idea of being present in our own minds and bodies and hearts that we distract ourselves. So really the habit is being present with myself, with my thoughts and working through when I'm happy with myself and when I think I could have done better.
Speaker 14: I don't respect whole bunch of people, but the few that I did respect are the people who were uncommon amongst uncommon people.
Speaker 2: And what that means is those people who aren't afraid of standing alone. The thing is, man, it's always going to be a party.
Speaker 8: It's always going to be a time to celebrate and at the time to join friends or data. I mean, the bars are always open, always open about how old you are, they're always open. You know what's au is open as the opportunity to check the box in life, you know, how to achieve your dreams.
Speaker 13: That's not always open mind.
Speaker 2: That's right here. You know that it's getting ahead of the competition.
Speaker 8: Is an overwhelming sense of fulfillment and pride and satisfaction with that.
Speaker 9: If you're going through that right now, and I promise you, every single person who wants to do something with their life and has done something with their life has gone through the exact chapter that you're going through.
Speaker 2: And it's the lonely chapter.
Speaker 9: It's the chapter where you're you don't fit in with your own friends, but you don't have the outcomes yet to fit into a new group of friends. And you're doing this thing. You're consuming content on the internet. You're you're doing these free tutorials online to try and figure out how to set up a podcast and what do I host this thing?
Speaker 2: And then and you're going through this and you're like, am I is this even worth it?
Speaker 9: Because you have no signs of success right But if there's anything that you can take away from what we're saying right now, is that the sign of success.
Speaker 2: Is the hate that you get along the way.
Speaker 14: We don't have any quiet time with ourselves to sit back and say what do I really want?
Speaker 2: There's so many different dialogues in our head that we can't think. So my biggest thing is you.
Speaker 14: Have to be alone in a very dark place in your mind to think about what is important to you.
Speaker 2: You always have to be the person who roots for you before everyone else does.
Speaker 9: And it's usually a single clap in the auditorium for a very long period of time.
Speaker 2: It is a slow clap that's just you rooting for you.
Speaker 9: People struggle to do things alone, and the path of the exceptional person is one of an exception, which means that you are not with other people, and rather than fighting that or bemoaning it, see it as an indicator that you're on the right path, because if everyone else worre cheering you on, then it means you're not in the right place, because it means you're just like everyone else and that's not where you want to be.
Speaker 14: That starts with the accountability mirror of looking at saying, hey, my daddy beat the he's not coming back.
Speaker 2: All these things are coming back.
Speaker 14: I have to face myself and you have to own all those things that people may have done to you.
Speaker 2: Now it's yours.
Speaker 3: You got to own it.
Speaker 14: It's yours now to fix the problems that people did to you. It makes no sense, it's not fair.
Speaker 2: I get it. But if you live in that will was me mentality of guess.
Speaker 14: What my dad did this to me? My mom just did to me. People who bully did this to me.
Speaker 2: You're going to always live right there.
Speaker 17: You know, if you're going to create anything of value in this life, you're going to even if it's with other people, You're going to have to be willing to be on.
Speaker 10: Your own for a bit, to forage on your own, to take walks alone.
Speaker 2: This isn't for the masses.
Speaker 18: This is for those who they go behind, those who are a source of new rail.
Speaker 17: It's a lonely journey.
Speaker 18: You're isolated. Those who used to keep patience will fall off. 's see what that rud is and yours begins. Your billion suffered endor at work must be traiter. You must be willing to stand just up to limit no care to your success. Every day you must ask yourself, did I do it enough?
Speaker 4: And because you're only ever going to do the things that you feel like doing, right now, or that feel good right now, unless you understand that you've got to parrot yourself. You got to push yourself. You're not going to make your dreams come true. You're just not We're not wired that way. You weren't born that way. You weren't that way when you were going up, and you're certainly not that way as an adult. And there's a tremendous amount of liberation that comes when you accept the fact that you're always going to need to give yourself a push.
Speaker 2: Yeah, learn to pick yourself up on your own.
Speaker 14: A lot of times, these fights and these battles, you gotta be your own coach, You gotta be your own motivator.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it's the very people who know and imagine anything off who do the things that no one can imagine.
Speaker 4: It seems like my version of personal development requires me to fall into a hole or dig one and then I realize nobody's coming to rescue me, and I'm if I want to get out of the hole, I'm gonna need to build a freaking ladder.
Speaker 14: Everything about it is accountability, everything about it is self disciplined, everything about it is no one's gonna save you, no one's gonna come out of the woods and say, hey, I got your back.
Speaker 15: Man.
Speaker 2: I want to take you from all this shit.
Speaker 9: Taking responsibility for that, recognizing nobody's coming.
Speaker 5: To save you.
Speaker 16: If I disappear, like who cares? Nobody cares? Man, seriously, yo, And that's okay, that's life. Okay, no one else is going to save my life? Right if I just sit here and diddle around, Well, am I gonna have nothing?
Speaker 2: I gotta do something right trying to save a life flo down bede.
Speaker 19: You really find out who're in your corner. See anybody talk that loyal you shit when it's time to be loyal. Anybody disappeared?
Speaker 2: What would you do if you weren't afraid?
Speaker 9: And I just I love thinking about that when I'm thinking about big life decisions, like what would I do if I weren't afraid? And it's usually like the big one, the bigger thing that I really want to do, but I'm afraid to do it. It's like, that's what I should do.
Speaker 20: If you've been sitting around waiting for somebody to discover you, to pick you, to save you, to rescue, to give you your shot, it's not happening. Like at some point you got to wake up and realize when you're eighteen and you're out of that house, you have to parent yourself.
Speaker 4: Your life is your responsibility.
Speaker 2: I promise you guys.
Speaker 7: Success is the loneliest road out there as you and your shadow at the end, because it's too fucking hard. People don't want to be around you because you calls them to have brainstorming or the failures and shortcomings and how they could have been like you but they failed.
Speaker 2: And if you're a nice guy.
Speaker 7: That hates you even more because you're successful and nice, and then they hate themselves for hating you by just hating how they ran their life because they sold their soul early in life.
Speaker 2: Without pressure, there is no change.
Speaker 7: And if you can taminate yourself, that pressure will cause your worst fears to be not motivation, encouragement would be the demise of what your efforts and potential could be.
Speaker 21: You have to make that start. You have to separate yourself from the pack. You have to be willing to spend time with yourself. You have to be willing to start cutting things out of your nutritional program, eat healthy, you know, get enough rest of sleep. All of these things come into play of finding your purpose, and it's almost sacrificing. You have to sacrifice greater, the sacrifice greater than the reward. And when you go out and you don't do it anymore, it's very very clear that you've made the right decision because your friends will still be doing that and you'll find yourself that you don't fit in with that crowd anymore.
Speaker 6: Are you study being alone? That's where that's where you grow. That's where you learn yourself. That's where you learn what you like and what you don't like. That's where you learn what you're made on. That's where you can see, you know what your character is in solitude. That's what the growth.
Speaker 2: Happens for me.
Speaker 14: The worst way in life, the biggest for your life to fail, it is let motherfuckers know what you want to do.
Speaker 2: Never never let them know. So when I disappear, you know I'm doing something.
Speaker 11: You know doing something, you're hanging around with the wrong people. That knowing feeling when you realize you've outgrown your social circle isn't loneliness. It's your ambition finally speaking louder than your need to belong.
Speaker 7: That's why I go to gym for the sense of pride and confidence to nurse the garden, to make sure that soil always means fertile.
Speaker 2: That's what my love is.
Speaker 7: The byproduct of that has a good looking, you know, healthy lifestyle.
Speaker 2: You know, someone's in shape and everything else. But that's not what my goal is. That's not my vision, that's not my motivation.
Speaker 14: And he said, you cannot do this. But I got my truck, and I said to myself, but what if I could? What if I could pull off this miracle? How will I feel at the very end if I can defy all the odds.
Speaker 2: Hate it's coming to my home. I've always said, and I'm not wishing you.
Speaker 11: I just know.
Speaker 2: I just know reality in life.
Speaker 6: I don't care if anyone says and I'm going to work hard.
Speaker 2: I don't care about the haters. I'm gonna work harder. Which if I work harder, is going to need better results. Results give you motivations.
Speaker 6: Let's be honest. Your goals literally keep you from sleeping, bro, Like you be kind of scared to go to sleep cause you wanna keep doing more. Obviously it's unhealthy, but and it's gonna blow over. Motivation sways, bro, one day, you got it one day you don't. That's where the discipline comes in, and that's where it allows you to be consistent.