Speaker 1: It's night side with Dan Ray WBZ Constance Radio.
Speaker 2: Well, we have seen in the last few weeks, actually in the last few days, boycotts of Tesla products resolve a result in attacks on Tesla dealerships, on EVY charging stations, on the private Teslas owned by individuals. We've seen tire slashed, We've seen property defaced. We've seen a lot of this. In Deta, Massachusetts, three Tesla vehicles earlier this month were vandalized with all four wheels in each vehicle. Damage to others to face with spray pay. On the other side of the country for Tesla cyber trucks damaged at a fire in Seattle. The origin of the fire is unclear but under investigation. At least seven shots fired at a Tesla dealership in Oregon, damaged to three cars in the store windows. In March in Lyttleton, Massachusetts, seven Tesla charging stations heavy damage in fires that appeared to be intentionally set. In Baltimore, graffiti was found that a Tesla dealership in Owings Mills, Maryland, which said no must go alongside would appeared to be a swatsticker. We can go back. In February, all across the country, all across the country, and we have seen molotov cocktails thrown at Tesla vehicles. This is a disquieting trend. Now all of that is directed towards I assume Elon Musk and his doge activity. But did you ever think that the guy that you know basically was a hero of the left for a long time, uh now would become public enemy number one? Obviously circumstances have changed. I get that, I understand that, But by what right do individuals have, under the cover of darkness to go destroy other people's property because it happens to be from a dealership or a product that people now feel disdained for. In Brookline, Massachusetts, there was some guy riding around on a bicycle, and again I don't have the specifics in front of me, but he was putting stickers on people's cars and he claimed that that was his free speech, so in effect, he could deface someone else's car. So we see that. Let's go back to twenty twenty when there were riots across this country, arson murder all as a result of the George Floyd murder and reaction to it. We had all the stuff that went on during twenty twenty when Donald Trump was still president, the takeover of buildings, the attacks on federal buildings in Portland, Oregon, the safety zone or the sanctuary zone in Seattle, Washington, where literally police didn't go. There was a mayor out there who said it was going to be this summer of love. Was anything but the summer of love. And then, of course in January of twenty twenty one, we had the riot at the Capitol in which police officers were beaten, people destroyed and smashed windows. So we have this this this this level of violence against property, whether it's public property or private property, UH, which is pretty appalling. And I don't know if it appalls you as much as it does me. But I'd like to talk about this, and I'd like to talk about the idea of boycotts. I know that there are some some companies around the country that are cutting back on their d DEI initiatives, and there are calls for boycotts. UH. And most of the boycotts, which are perfectly legal, by the way, and and no one is injured, property is not injured, stores are not vandalized, UH, and the boycotts are pretty ineffective. I'd play big companies like Walmart UH and Target UH. They'll continue on. None of them going to go out of business because of a small group of people, many of them probably never shopped at their store in the first place, are pledging that they will never again darken the doorways of these major corporations. The one boycott that I think was effective was the boycott of bud Light. I don't have the numbers on me, but I think that Budweiser took a pretty big hit when a lot of people felt that it was going in a direction, a marketing direction which was sort of non traditional. It has come back thanks to a lot of bud Light commercials this football season with Peyton Manning and others to sort of bring people back to where the product is. I don't think that the antipathy towards bud Light, which might have existed briefly for a year or so, I think a lot of that has faded away. And I see that you know, more restaurants find but you know, find bud Light available. So I just would like to throw it out there and get a sense from some of you as to what do you make of this. There just seems to be that when Donald Trump was elected okay, back in.
Speaker 3: Twenty sixteen, there were all of these demonstrations, even on the day of his inauguration, which were pretty significant, and it continued for quite a while.
Speaker 2: Conversely, conversely, when Donald Trump was elected last November, it almost seemed as if the left, in my opinion, and I could be wrong here, but in my opinion, the left sort of said, hey, you know, we got to deal with it now. I would love to hear from you. Have you ever engaged in a boycott? Have you ever said to yours and none of you are going to tell me you've done anything violent? I hope, okay, but I'd love to when you see you know, have you have you ever said to yourself, Well, there's a product I really don't like, or I don't like the policy that's that's involved with that product, and I'm going to I'm going to say I'm not buying the product. There are products that I have chosen not to buy.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: And the reason that I have chosen not to buy products is I think the product is too expensive that all of a sudden, now again, I'm still buy eggs. Okay, I got to buy eggs, but I've noticed that there certain products that seem to have taken advantage of the years of COVID and the supply chain problem. So I just want to open up the phone lines and if you were, if you were someone who now disdains Tesla, I'd love to know why. Please explain it to me. And if there's anyone out there who has ever engaged in physical damage or public or private property, whether you were a J six rioter or you're somebody who has done something to a Tesla vehicle, I mean, I think that both of you are dead wrong, even though obviously a different view of the world. But if there is a product that you have said to yourself for some reason, politically or otherwise, I'm not going to buy that product and I'm going to join a boycott, I'd love to hear about that as well. So I know this is not a topic that we have talked about before, but I would love to hear your stories in your thoughts and what should be done to individuals. I think that if somebody damages the private property or them or government property. I mean there were a lot of J six people who ended up in prison until they were pardoned by the president, which I think in some cases were big mistakes. I mean, I think there were people who were overcharged, and I think there were people who should have stayed in jail longer. But I'm not necessarily looking to go down that road. What should we do if somehow people who have firebombed EV charging stations or have defaced the personal vehicle of another, of a neighbor, or just of someone who they see in a parking lot. They don't have to know the person who's the driver, but what penalty. I think they should be hit with a real penalty, not only in terms of restoring the vehicle to what it was like, but I also still think they should do some time, okay, because I think that if we don't send that message, we're going to see more what I would call tit for tats. You know, the people on the far right will go after symbols of the far left, and conversely, the people on the far left will go after what they perceive as symbols of the right, and that takes us down a road which I think is a very dangerous road in our country. And that is what my concern is. I hope you share that concern. If you don't, that's okay. Call either way, Tesla has probably been damaged more not by the by the damages that have been done. But if you look just at the Tesla stock in the last well two or three months, it's now down. It was down again today by seven points. It's down to around two hundred and forty dollars a share. There was a point in time just about a year ago when it was nearly twice that it was for twenty eight a share. So if you invested in Tesla at its height a year ago, or even if you were invested in Tesla at the end of January, Tesla at the end of January or January thirty first was four oh four oh six. Uh, it is now down from there nearly fifty percent. It's down to two forty. So a lot of damage in the market, and a lot of that damage or some of that damage has occurred in the last week or so. So let's let's let's talk about it. Six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty, six one seven, nine three one ten thirty and triple eight nine to nine, ten thirty Back on night Side right after.
Speaker 1: This, now back to Dan ray Line from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ.
Speaker 2: The News radio. I'm just looking at Anheuser Busch. Back in twenty twenty one, it was up at fifty three dollars a year, actually a little higher than that. And as recently as twenty twenty three, when I think all of this started, it was sixty one. It was over sixty dollars a year, and then it dropped and it's down business down as low as forty, but has come back, but has not come back to where it was. And there's a whole lot of interesting stories about it, one of which talked about how that but like dropped in consumption not only in Republican counties but also in Democratic counties. So that is a boycott that no violence, to the best of my knowledge, but it had a tremendous impact. Let's get the phone. It's gonna start it off. First off tonight on this topic, Rick in North Reading Boycott's Rick ever engaged in one or supported one? How are you tonight?
Speaker 5: Good?
Speaker 6: Thanks for asking. I don't think I'm gonna boycott Tesesla. I do owner Tessla at this point. I bought a few years ago before you know, went crazy. Uh, But just as a rational consumer, I wouldn't necessarily boycott uh Tesla for for for the reason of you know, know, mass being involved in all the political stuff. But I wouldn't buy another Tesla just being another just being also based on my rational economic decision, I just wouldn't buy another Tessla.
Speaker 2: Okay, so how long? How Let's let me ask you this, Rick, how long.
Speaker 6: Have you owned a Tesla uh for I bothered Tesla? I believe somehow around November of twenty twenty two.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you've had it for two and a half years roughly. Have you liked the car or are you disappointed in the car?
Speaker 6: I would say it's a driver's car. It's driver's car, and it drives better than any other vehicle that I used to own in the past. In terms of the electricity. I do have a home carder, so it is not bothering me. I also took my first road trips with that Tesla to Canada and round trip, and it was driving pretty well in terms of productivity itself. I love the car. I think so far it's still the best electric actric vehicle in the US market.
Speaker 2: Okay, so let me ask you this. Do you have strong feelings towards Elon Musk one way or the other. Just I don't want to know your politics, But are you impacted by by the controversy that's surrounding him now?
Speaker 6: I would say I would say I am pretty surprised in terms of uh he's I would say, there's definitely a huge shift right in terms of the image he is projecting from from the image that he used to project. And I am very surprised because in the in the past, my like the image he at least the image he he gave me is as some called he's the iron Man of the He is all into science, engineering, pushing the boundary of human kind.
Speaker 2: So, so what I'm trying to get at Rick, what I'm trying to get at is are you disappointed in him? And is your disappointment in him so great that that is affecting your judgment as to what will be your next car or whether you would buy another car, or is it more that the Tesla. You've been there, done that, and you're gonna step up to a Lamborghini or something like that. What's what? What's what's your motivation here?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's a good question. I would say, I am disappointed, but I am not disappointed at the same time, I am disappointed, not necessarily as a potential auto automobile buyer, but but as an investor because right because of all his behaviors, the Wall Street has been dunking the Tesla stocks and even though I don't own individual stocks, but I have all the index fonds. Uh yeah, that's dragging down the performance of the index as well. So I am very disappointed, but I wouldn't necessarily, uh, let's say, getting disappointed for for the kind of person that he's being, and that's going to impact my decision find a product. And also, as a matter of fact, I'm an immigrant from China, and somehow similarly, around ten years ago, a similar incident happened in China back then where China and Japan had a very intense political attention around that time, and there was a huge yeah, and there was a huge protest all over in a lot of major cities, and there are certain people back then they started to damage all the Japanese vehicles they saw on the street, and eventually someone started to attack the drivers of those Japanese vehicles and one of them, I believe one of them was really like badly injured and really almost died.
Speaker 2: And you know that there has been a long history of animosity between Yeah, China and Japan, including in World War Two. They lined up on the opposite side of World War Two. Look, Rick, I appreciated. What's your next car going to be? Tell me, just tell me that real quickly. What's your next car gonna be?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I will say. If I'm gonna buy my next car, I am probably gonna look for a Toyota. I would say, yeah, maybe a Pria.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, fair enough, Okay, you're gonna kind of kick it down a little bit. What did you pay for the Tesla when you bought it?
Speaker 6: If I could ask roughly, oh, yeah, that was a yeah. That that hurt me because I fought a Tesla as the highest price. I think how much I was paying for Dominique.
Speaker 2: And okay, okay, well what is it?
Speaker 6: Unfortunately?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: And also unfortunately back then we didn't have the tax credit for the car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got it. And so what what's the Tesla going to cost today? If someone's out in the market for Tesla?
Speaker 6: Uh somewhere along like.
Speaker 2: That's getting reasonable? Hey, Rick, have you ever called me before? This is your first time.
Speaker 6: I called you. I think this is a third time.
Speaker 2: Well, Rick, you keep listening to keep calling combined more frequently. You're an interesting call, and thank you so much.
Speaker 6: Yeah, all right, have a great night.
Speaker 2: Good night. Here comes the news at the bottom of the ear. We'll be back one line at six pnet seven, two, five, four, ten thirty. Have you ever engaged in a boycott? Have you ever set to yourself for political purposes? You know, there's going to be some people out there who who still don't drink bud Light because the Budweiser has not come back. There's no there was no damage in not drinking bud Light. That's a political decision that I think is a very legitimate decision to get people make. Trashing a Tesla car or a Tesla dealership that's a very different story, or or being a J six rioter and and fighting police officers, or mashy windows at the Cape at the Capitol, very different from a boycotting bud Like back on Nightside.
Speaker 3: After this, It's night Side with.
Speaker 1: Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Nicole, let's keep going here. I'm going to go to Robert Medford Robbia next to night Side. Ever been involved in a boycott of any kind Rob.
Speaker 4: Hey, I happen to be in the middle of a boycott.
Speaker 2: Right now, sir, what are your boycott?
Speaker 4: Well, I'll tell you. I started trimming the budget at the beginning of the year, and I called Cable to find out how much I was spending, and I wanted to dwindle it down a little bit. And I'll tell you just how much I missed Walter Kronkite and and I tell you you're in his league, because there's very little reporting that is not malicious. It seemed to me I got irritated listening to the news. I would listen to the news, I would listen and to one station, I would listen to another station, and it all seemed they were not giving me news. I want to hear information. I want to make up my own mind. I don't want to hear what I should be thinking and what their opinion is. So when I got the information, they said, well, let's see what we can get rid of here. Well, you listen to this news station this long, and you listen to that news station that long. And I was horrified to find out they had a record of every news station I listened to and the duration that I listened to it.
Speaker 2: Who this was the.
Speaker 4: Cable network. They were trying to help me trim my bill. And there's a record of everything I watched and how long I watch it. And I said, this is this is nineteen eighty four. I said, I can't believe it.
Speaker 2: So I decided that's a huge that's a huge invasion of privacy.
Speaker 4: Well, it's happened into all of us. When they could tell me what TV shows I watch and how long I watch them for, I found out, you know what, I'm gonna get rid of this. I canceled all the cable I saving myself two hundred and seventy eight dollars a month. I got back to like when I grew up, we had channels like four, five, seven, you know, and fifty six and and I gone, I've gone back to the antenna. I have. I have an antenna at my house. I'm saving over two hundred and fifty bucks a month from cable cable network. That's they're all going out of business. Everybody's following, nobody's nobody's watching cable TV news anymore. It's all fake and and and it's irritating it.
Speaker 2: Just remember this WBZ is free of charge. We're over their radio. And I appreciate the fact that you like this show. And I will never try to tell you what to think. I only want you to think. And you obviously a guy who does thing, so you're my perfect listener to be honest with.
Speaker 4: You, Well, you're my perfect show host. God bless the back courtch of America. We get to say what we want to say and we don't get censored, and God bless America. And I think they're doing the right thing. All these people that are against trimming the fat. I think maybe it's some of their fat that's going to get trimmed, and there they're out to stop it.
Speaker 2: I think you may be right. Hey, Rob, I love this call. Please let's keep in touch.
Speaker 4: Okay, yes, sir, And maybe I'll save some money. I'll go on a trip with you. Now, I'm not wasting it on cable. I can't afford to go on one of these river cruisers instead of something.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I can start you off. You can. You can join us. On Sunday, April twenty seventh, We're doing a brunch down in Westwood at a restaurant for nightside listeners called Naroli. If you if you call me at the station, Rob will give you the number. And if you call me at the station, I'll be more than happy to call you back and give you all the information.
Speaker 4: I would love to go, you know, and I think you'd love to meet my little dog Rockie.
Speaker 2: In the station, but I'll certainly meet him outside. Do me a favorite. Rob will give my my pal Rob Brooks will give you my direct number, and let's let's have a conversation. I'll give you a call. Uh, you give me a call, and I'll call you back and we'll I'll give you all the information. Okay, thank you.
Speaker 4: Guaranteed to make me a laugh at least once. Thank you.
Speaker 2: All right, you don't hang up. Let's keep going. You're going to go to Gail and situate Gail. I haven't talked to you in a dog's age. How you doing.
Speaker 8: I'm fine.
Speaker 6: I'm fine.
Speaker 8: I think we get a full moon tonight or maybe storrow night. But I'm doing good.
Speaker 7: Dan.
Speaker 8: I heard your show and I said, okay, this is interesting.
Speaker 4: I like to call in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I've everyone occurs. I think at two forty five this morning, the weather guy says that we got to look into the east for the full moon, so if you're awake at that time, that's where it is.
Speaker 8: Okay, I've never been part of a boycott. And to answer your question, these people or individuals that are trashing and damaging these Teslas, I'm not a Tesla fan. I would never buy one, but these people who are damaging them, they need to be prosecuted. And listen, you know, folks, cameras are everywhere, so hopefully these people damaging these cars are or even a Tesla dealership, they hopefully camera security cameras are on they're getting cars, so they should be prosecuted.
Speaker 2: Well, I totally agree with you on that, because if they're not prosecuted, that then is going to send a message to other people that they have a right to to do what they want to do and they have a right to damage, if not Tesla vehicles, other vehicles or other or other storefronts. It could get. You know, we're not too far from become in uh to engaging in anarchy here in this because that's what they're doing in the dark of night and destroy some neighbor's car, or to face some neighbor's car because they disagree, they don't like uh Musk. What's what that's what's about.
Speaker 8: It's about it's aiming towards it's aiming at Elon Musk. It has to do with him being secretary of oh gods what his secretary is? Trump hired him. Yeah, because you named off all the different Elon I'm sorry, not Elon, all the different Tesla places and Tesla cars in different states and and cities that are being damaged. And it's it's a it's a pattern. It's all aimed at Elon Musk. I would never buy a Tesla either too expensive, expensive to buy, expensive to fix. But it's it's obviously aimed at Elon Musk. But regardless of who is running the company Teslas that these individual individuals have to be prosecuted because it's a crime.
Speaker 2: I'd never buy a Tesla only because I wouldn't know how to drive it. It's like I just like a card that you turn on with a key and there's a steering wheel and an AM radio. That's all I need. Yeah, he and some heat in the winter time at some AC in the summertime, and I'm all set. Hey, yeah, great to hear your voice. I'm totally with you. These folks have got to pay a price, and not just you know, a year's probation. The courts have to turn around and say, you know what, you did something really that's inappropriate and unacceptable in our society, and we don't care if it's your first time. That's a huge step. This is not like you have a kid who's been been caught with you know, a six pack of beer when he's sixteen years old, with him and his buddies, you give them a break. You don't give somebody who smashes someone's call are or or tires. Simple as that, I'm with you.
Speaker 8: Hey, thanks, he again, a little, a little sign up before you let me go. I bought this magazine. It's all all about chocolate, and I know your chocolate. It's gonna chocolate cake on it. It's recipes for all things chocolate. I'm gonna mail it to you, okay, all right.
Speaker 2: That's I'll tell you what. Why don't you mail it to me? Uh?
Speaker 3: And uh?
Speaker 2: Care of what I can do is I'm gonna have Rob give you my home address, okay, if you'll keep it king us and you can you hang on there and during the break, I'll have Rob give you my home address. Yeah, you're a friend.
Speaker 8: You don't want to send it to you don't want me to send it to WBZ.
Speaker 2: No, because I will broadcast remotely. I mean there maybe what's oh, what's a year? Yeah? Yeah, yeah yeah. So just hold on and during the break, Rob will come back to you and we'll give you my home address. Fair enough, all right to see that? Thanks Gaale, thank you so much. We will Rob, don't Rob, don't let Gayo go yet. Hold on for a second. I give it the address to take a break. No lines, we have full lines, so there are no lines available. We'll get to everybody and we may carry this into the next hour. I think it's an interesting conversation back on night Side right after this.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're gonna get everybody in, and if we don't, I promise you we will move into the next hour as well. Some of you have just called in. Let's go next to Tim. Tim, you were next to night SI.
Speaker 4: Welcome back, Tim, Hi darn, how are you doing great?
Speaker 2: Tim? Were going to see you, I think on the twenty the twenty seven of April.
Speaker 5: Right as a matter of fact, I made my reservations today. Me and my friend Donald are going excellent.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll tell you you lucked out, because this is getting close to being sold out. I'm going to talk about it probably right after the ten o'clock news and encourage people. Uh, we've had overwhelming response. I'm so glad that you got your reservation in and we'll see on the twenty seventh and that restaurant in Westwood.
Speaker 9: Neurolely any are anyhow, I can't wait to meet you anyhow. This thing with Tesla, right, is.
Speaker 5: Criminal malicious activity. These people should be prosecuted for doing these things.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, there's no question about that in my mind, no question about that. And they they should do some time. I mean, they really should, that's right, because this is a huge step. This is not somebody in an argument with their neighbor over I don't know, you know, throwing snow on the neighbor's sidewalk because they didn't shovel their sidewalk or something like that. This is doing substantial damage to a product. And you know, they they they got they should do some time. We'll see if anybody's ever prosecuted for any of these crimes and when they when they're throwing molotov cocktails and burned EV charging stations.
Speaker 9: I mean that is that's malicious damage.
Speaker 2: Big time and the dealerships. I mean, as Rob said, you you damage your car and somebody goes by advice it nothing Tesla to replace it, and Elon Musk benefits from it. It's nuts.
Speaker 9: It's it's what I think right things in this country, right with all this stuff, things are out of hand.
Speaker 2: They have gotten out of hand, and I think they're going to get worse before they get better. I hate to say that, but.
Speaker 9: I think that I think you're right. I agree, I think you're right.
Speaker 5: This isn't going to stop.
Speaker 2: With the stock market taking another big hit today, a lot of people starting to get worried, and well we'll maybe talk about that tomorrow night.
Speaker 5: So all right, please anyhow, looking forward to seeing you the twenty seventh. I can't wait to shake your hand.
Speaker 2: Right back at you, Tim, we'll finally have a chance to share a cup of coffee.
Speaker 5: Okay, thanks buddy, Tom, you have a good night you Thanks.
Speaker 2: Thanks, Tim, appreciate it right back at you. All right, let's keep rolling here on a on a Thursday night. We've got a topic that I think people are interested in. Gonna go to Jay in Plymouth. Jay, you were next.
Speaker 5: Time night side Welcome, Hey Danny, can you hear me?
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, I hear you perfectly.
Speaker 7: Hi.
Speaker 2: That sounded anybody tonight? So far, go right ahead?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 7: Great.
Speaker 10: So first of all, I will not buy Goya Foods. I will not eat Chick fil A. I will not shop at hot I will not shop at Hobby Lobby.
Speaker 2: Okay and Gold. And I think I kind of figure out why. I think I figured out why here, go ahead? What else?
Speaker 10: And I have been invited to go to Florida and stay with people for free, and I won't go and spend a diamond Florida. So those are a few of my boycotts. But at the meantime, I do, oh listen. Vandalizing property is a climb and it should be prosecuted based on whatever. The level of crime is not quite as serious as attacking the US House and attempting to kill police officers with flagpoles. But I would agree with that.
Speaker 2: I mean, and I and I think that that the people who were at that demonstration and engaged in violence. And I'm not saying it because I'm talking to you. I've said it on this program on several occasions. There never should have been a blanket pardon issued by President Trump. There were some people who who made the mistake of walking into the Capitol, and they were later identified and some of them actually were sentenced to prison. That's a whole different level of somebody who's smashing windows or hitting a police officer over the head of the flag pole or some other right.
Speaker 10: But but but the Lauren, not a president, decided they should all be pardoned and their their their crime should be dismissed.
Speaker 2: Now I know, I know that when you say go your foods. The president of Goya Foods, I believe is a big Trump supporter. Chick fil A, Oh yeah, exactly, Yeah, is a supporter of Trump by the way, I.
Speaker 10: They are, but they are. They were very much opposed to women's right to choose and opposed to such marriage.
Speaker 2: And I think that people have a right to do that. And I assume you would feel the same about people who decided that they were going to change and switch away and switch your get away from buying bud Light because they had some some questions or problems.
Speaker 10: No question, and you know what, I don't like bud light, but every time I went into a bar, which wasn't that often, I would order a bud Light even though I don't.
Speaker 7: Like bud light.
Speaker 2: What do you normally drink for beer?
Speaker 10: Well, I normally drink red wine. But if I'm having oysters, I will probably go to pap School Ribbon, which is to kind of yeppie type of inexpensive beer. But I'm not in that category anyway, Well it.
Speaker 2: Is, it is sort of now, But perhaps blue Ribbon was the beer that people were drinking fifty years ago, which was not yea. So it's made.
Speaker 10: We were both we were both allowed to drink fifty years ago, but sixty we were probably doing it too. But yeah, possibly in the meantime. In the meantime, look, I think that somebody who buys, who gives three hundred and fifty million dollar dollar is to help elect someone who probably well he is a convicted felon.
Speaker 7: That if he's not the.
Speaker 2: Only way, don't make Jay. That's the first mistake of he's not a convicted felon. He was convicted in a in a civil trial. He was found guilty in a civil trial, but no don't want to go down that rabbit hole.
Speaker 10: Isn't isn't rape?
Speaker 2: He was rape, wasn't convicted of rape?
Speaker 10: Yes, and he was go do go do he was.
Speaker 2: If he had been convicted of rape, he would have been in jail. Okay, Uh, I'm not going down that rabbit hole with you, but but we could, we could. We'll talk against some of the I want to get one more in here before the break is fins all.
Speaker 7: Jay, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Your point of view is always welcome on this program. You know that. Okay, thank you very much.
Speaker 10: A gentleman than your Now we're.
Speaker 2: Gonna go next to Dennis. Gotta get Dennis in from Lowell. Dennis, welcome back.
Speaker 7: How are you well? Thank you very much. I was calling for three reasons. First of all, as you know when you when are you going to get state audit? To Diane does Ugly on again.
Speaker 2: Well, we had her last week.
Speaker 7: Actually I know I called late.
Speaker 2: No, I know that. As a matter of fact, I remember seeing and I tried to get you in without success. We had Diane on a week ago. This Marx right, we will have her on again because she is absolutely right in this issue.
Speaker 7: Oh, I know she like I said she gave a show.
Speaker 2: Correct me if I'm wrong. But when I told her that, because I knew you knew her, she gave you a shout out as we were wrapping up.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, no, I go way back with her too, when she first started you know, state reps and so forth. But any yeah, anyway, Uh. My second reason is it's very appropriate. You know you're talking about boycott because I'm reading on w b Z news today. You know, when I get on my radio, it talked about the residents of Medsid. I was celebrating a potential market basket in Medsid And of course you remember the boycott that the people did around the area in Massachusetts when the Demolis family are having their difficulties they were having.
Speaker 2: That that that that Fred Reside or whatever you want to call it.
Speaker 7: The family.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, that was that was a very effective boycott. I mean, I think they're tremendous and it just showed the loyalty of their customers. Absolutely.
Speaker 7: No, oh yeah, I'm with you totally.
Speaker 2: So what have you had a boy have you e a boycott at anything? Or no?
Speaker 7: Well, basically market basket because I mean they started in Lowell. I'm familiar with the Demola's family. You know, I go back with everybody decades. So in the third.
Speaker 2: You will see me occasionally in Walcam. Go ahead, I don't want to cut take your time here. Tell me what you said. You had three teams I wanted to talk about.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and the third thing is appropriate with Saint Patrick's take. As you know, the term boycott comes from Ireland because during the eighteen seventies eighteen eighties it's against the you know, the Irish land. It was an Irish Land War and the Irish who were you know, renting the tenants had problems with this captain Charles Cunningham boycott, so they.
Speaker 2: Had a boy Now I learned something, Dennis.
Speaker 7: Here's the deal.
Speaker 2: Here's the deal. Since you mentioned St Patrick's day, our friends at college Hype, Jack Dougherty, I have been authorized if you leave your name and your address and your size, and I hope it's no bigger than a two X.
Speaker 7: Okay, we're gonna get you a great.
Speaker 2: Irish T shirt from from our friends at College Hype. So get your your information to Rob and anyone who wants to just go to my city Gear. They have all sorts of Saint Patrick's day. We're gonna give a couple more T shirts away later on tonight as well. But since you mentioned St. Patrick's Day first, uh, and you're bet a friend, you get it.
Speaker 7: You get the.
Speaker 2: First T shirt and I stay there. Rob will get that to me later on. We got to take a break. Thanks Dennis, we'll talk soon. We got to take a break, my thanks to Jack Dougherty and everybody at College Hype. They of course also have a night Side Gear, So you can either go to Knightside Gear and get your night side gear T shirts for the spring shirts, coffee mugs, or go to my City Gear, which is powered by College hypemcitygear dot com and you'll see an amazing array of materials there that are available for just about any neighborhood in Boston. We'll take a quick break. Here comes the news at ten. We will stick with this. Angelo, Margie and Carl. You guys stay there. You will be first up. As a matter of fact, the batting order is Carl, Margie and then Angela coming back on night Side