Speaker 1: One on one point three katiewb with Thallon and Colt. Guess what I did for the first time this year. I mowed the bottom of my hill.
Speaker 2: So let me have the scene for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I live in one of those neighborhoods where the in the first couple of years it was all retired people, and then Jake and I yeah, and they, I mean retired people really maintain their lawn and their landscaping. Course, so Jake and I were kind of the like trash, but we were like Jake was like, we cannot worry about it. We were raising a child, We're busy. They don't have that going on right now. Now a lot of those people have moved out, people close to our age with the young kids, and their lawns are still pristine, and so I'm like, oh God, we can't use that as excuse anymore. So I'm driving into my neighborhood today. Each lawn looks stunning, and then I go on the corner to hours and it's just dandelions everywhere, like forty feet tall. And I was like, I can't even use the excuse that it was raining, because clearly everyone else popped out day one. So I was like, I could wait for Jake to do it, Yeah, but I don't want to, you know.
Speaker 3: What I like?
Speaker 1: So I went down and I mowed that zonebe.
Speaker 3: I are proud of me.
Speaker 4: I think you're missing the point that you literally you moved in and all the elderly were like, hey, we got to get out of here. There's some trash mood in the neighborhood there. She's gonna bring down our our value and nomes. I just we got it. We got it.
Speaker 1: Dip find fun fact, since I moved in, every single one of those houses has raised dramatically in value.
Speaker 3: And that's the foul in the fact, not.
Speaker 2: My house, probably because of my bad lawn and everything else.
Speaker 4: But yeah, that brings me to my first thing. I love you step out how you smell that fresh cut grass.
Speaker 2: I'm a little different than you.
Speaker 1: I don't care about grass, but I love I'm from southern Indiana.
Speaker 2: I love fresh cut hay. That is a sweet, sweet nectar scent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you get some of that you with You're like, do you.
Speaker 2: Know what I saw today that I loved about summer?
Speaker 1: Every year there's this lady bird who puts a nest on our wreath that I leave outside and I took a photo today.
Speaker 2: I don't know what's going on. There's the one egg.
Speaker 1: Usually there's like two or three, but either way, there's one in there and it's so sweet.
Speaker 4: I love.
Speaker 1: I love fresh new babies. Can we get not human babies, right, animal babies?
Speaker 3: Can we get a live cam on that?
Speaker 2: I don't want to stress her out?
Speaker 3: She want to know?
Speaker 2: Yes she would.
Speaker 4: I think she would perform put on like a costume, do like a break dance every night before bed.
Speaker 2: You know what? Once those babies start eating, what they do? It's disgusting.
Speaker 3: What do they eat the moms?
Speaker 2: You don't know what moms do to keep the nest clean?
Speaker 3: Don't tell me what the baby bird poops?
Speaker 5: The momm eats it.
Speaker 3: Wait, why to keep the nest clean? That's stupid. Why won't you just throw it over?
Speaker 2: That's what the mom bird does. Do you really want it on a live cam?
Speaker 3: Why won't you just pick it up and throw it over?
Speaker 1: He that's hilarious, as if the dad's doing anything for these birds and maybe an eagle, but not these birds.
Speaker 3: You know what, I don't.
Speaker 4: I actually judge birds a lot now, used to like them and I don't anymore.
Speaker 3: I don't think.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, it's your turn. I'll talk about something you like about summer. And I've been twenty minutes turning on birds.
Speaker 4: Oh you know, when you're walking around your feet are just hot, and then you come across a source of water and you dip your toes your your feet sees you dip your legs in that water, and it's like he's just so refreshing and.
Speaker 2: K yeah.
Speaker 4: Anyways, so we have a thousand dollars, let's get you a rid so scary.
Speaker 1: I was like in a soothed mindset with my feet dipping and oh.
Speaker 3: It's a relaxed bo.
Speaker 5: Hey.
Speaker 4: We are kind of summary though. When we go to the state Fair, that's all summer there at right there.
Speaker 1: Baby Cult promises to show all three nips this year at the state Fair.
Speaker 4: I will I'll do the entire show shirtless each and every time, just to ensure nobody comes by for it.
Speaker 3: One thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Next, it's the Unbelievable Story of the Day on one oh one point three kt WB. You ever heard of the one high chip challenge?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I feel like people are like, didn't people like die or something for that.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I think it's like Saddy off you if a thing with like kids, you can't you can't like buy that, no if you're a kid and do that. But I think a lot of adults did it and they thought it was whacky.
Speaker 2: They did it up for.
Speaker 1: YouTube videos, et cetera, et cetera. Well, just add Darren to the list, all right. Thirty six year old Darren out on parole.
Speaker 3: Oh, Darren on parole. Hot chipping.
Speaker 2: He had the hot chip.
Speaker 1: He's like, not gonna turn down a hot chip, dare it's a challenge cold, grow.
Speaker 2: Up, well, Darren.
Speaker 1: He was caught on video eating the single tour Tia chip crazy spicy. They usually covered in like a Carolina reaper dust. And he's like, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god. Oh oh, I need something to put on my mouth something. And he's he's doing this thing.
Speaker 2: Oh god.
Speaker 3: He's trying to find water on his chest.
Speaker 1: Trying to find water, trying to find water anywhere, and he's like, oh my god. He grabs his friend's corona takes a.
Speaker 2: Swig of it.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, chill now.
Speaker 1: It's not clear how the police found out about the video. Because but someone of course posted the video online of him doing the one hot chip challenge right having a swig at corona. The problem is he is not allowed to take a swig of alcohol.
Speaker 2: Prey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's part of his whole parole situation. That guy's got a long rap sheet. We're talking convictions for grand theft, burglary, credit card fraud, selling drugs, drugs. Oh lord, you tried to plead this case, Like, dude, I took one swig of corona because I was doing the one chip challenge, but my mouth was on fire. But he wasn't even supposed to be a bar in the first place, so that did not matter. As it turned out, the agreement also said he could not go into bars his brows. It was like, you are risk to yourself and others when you drink, Darren.
Speaker 2: You've been doing this, you know, for too long.
Speaker 4: A lawyer once said. They were like, what's the best advice you could give? They say, if you're doing one thing, don't do more than one thing illegal out of time, meaning if you're not supposed to take a swig of corona.
Speaker 3: Also, don't be in the bar, you know what I mean? Like, if you want to is, I.
Speaker 1: Would argue, I've actually heard either grow big or you go home, So why wouldn't you do it all at once?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I guess he was.
Speaker 1: His pro was said to expire in late twenty twenty six, but now he'll be spending some or all of that time in a jail cell because Darren couldn't say no. Because one of friends says, you got to take this hot ship challenge. You're not going to turn it down, not at all, and that is your unbelievable story of the day.
Speaker 3: Jeez.
Speaker 4: Well, maybe Darren's listening right now and you need some money for commissary or something.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: You can try your best to get one thousand dollars with the nationwide keyword fun thanks to two minute a dumb truck. Try to get you a grand right now the Nationwi keyword fun. I plug it in at KDWB dot com.
Speaker 2: It's a pop culture minute with Sellon.
Speaker 5: And cult On one of one point three KDWB.
Speaker 2: Brought to you by Ovo Lasik and Lenz.
Speaker 1: Brittany Spears caused quite the ruck is big commotion on a private jet Thursday, so much so authorities met her after she got off the plane and gave her a warning. So apparently she was flying with her security from Cabo to Mexico or from.
Speaker 2: Mexico to Lax.
Speaker 1: She starts drinking, then she pulls out a sig lights that starts smoking. Can't smoke on an airplane, even if it's a private jet, you just can't do it. The flight attendants were alarmed and we're like, hey, you got to put that out, which she did. But I guess she was difficult and when the plane landed, sources say she was met by authorities they warned her. Also, there are other things going going or coming out saying she's.
Speaker 2: Blowing through her cash.
Speaker 3: Really but she has so.
Speaker 1: Much, And like, here's the thing, Brittany never shows anything lavish. Her house is expensive because of the location, but a lot of the photos and stuff she shares to me, the stuff doesn't look that updated. And she never shares herself wearing like high end luxurious clothing or anything.
Speaker 4: Also, I have a theory that she's just living in an apartment and that she's the living room is just a set.
Speaker 3: She just goes to the living room set and.
Speaker 2: I think that was her old house.
Speaker 1: Ah, she's a new one now, Yeah, Billy Joel. He says he has a brain disorder, so he is canceling his concerts. He announced he's suffering from normal pressure hydrocephalis hydrocephalus. I don't know, I'm gonna destroy that, but it's a brain disorder where excess fluid accumulates in the brain's fluid filled cavities. And he I guess he's having trouble hearing, seeing and balancing.
Speaker 2: That's terrible.
Speaker 1: That's like recently with Elton John talking about losing his eyesight and man, you hate to see that. And these are these are huge stars and I am not a Billy Joel person. I would never wish this on anyone.
Speaker 5: Though.
Speaker 1: My go to bit, which feels like the wrong time to do it now, is I usually I usually go on this roller coaster to trigger Billy Joel fans where I say the guy is a hack, has only had one or two hits, and then everyone always mentions the hits he have and they always mentioned the same too, and I'm like, you prove my point, and then they get real fired up.
Speaker 4: You know, it does seem like weird opportunity to kick.
Speaker 2: I'm not doing it. I was just telling you what my bit is.
Speaker 1: I'm not doing it in this moment, especially because you're an impossible person to do the bit with because you probably can't name a single Billy Joel song. If you say we didn't start the fire, I will literally.
Speaker 2: Lose my mind. Is he the one that song stop yourself.
Speaker 3: Don't stop.
Speaker 5: Believe?
Speaker 3: Man hold on South Street? That's people.
Speaker 2: So you think that don't Stop Believing is from Billy Joel?
Speaker 4: That's what I assume I heard. Who did you hear that from barbecue one time? I don't know you heard it from barbecue? As barbecue a person. I know for a fact you weren't invited to one.
Speaker 1: You have to have friends to be invited to a baby quaw, the one that's like, uh, okay, I'm gonna stop you. Okay, I was gonna let you keep going. But yes, he is the one Billy Joel did sing. I could be wrong, Text me if I'm wrong, but I am pretty sure you're right that Billy Joel did sing don't Stop Believing?
Speaker 2: Boning raised in New Jersey? Is that where Billy Joel's from?
Speaker 1: Shack passes up to pooping himself.
Speaker 2: He said he was squeeze in his cheeks.
Speaker 1: Did you see that when he was like live and he ran off squeaked past. Yeah, He's like, yeah, basically, I basically was going on my panet.
Speaker 4: Billy Joel was actually Shack's agent at one time.
Speaker 2: I don't know that that's completely true.
Speaker 1: But speaking of poop, can I tell you what I did to get my daughter to go to school today without.
Speaker 2: Yelling at me?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 1: I played this song, which I've never heard before in my life.
Speaker 5: It smells like.
Speaker 4: Sometimes sometimes huh yeah, hope, So I would judge you, but there's several of those songs circulating my house right now.
Speaker 3: It's gonna have a five and a three year old exactly.
Speaker 1: So anyway, if you're looking for something to add to the memorial the playlist this weekend, feel free to add the Poop song because it's a real big.
Speaker 2: Hit with my daughter by Billy Joel.
Speaker 1: Billy Joel was a co writer, not full songwriting credits. One on one point three Katie w B with Thallon and Colt. Happy forty ninth birthday to Jen Hall. I guess her husband and son both tried to get her a birthday shout out today, So we're making sure that happens, that'll be a great birthday.
Speaker 2: Happy. Uh.
Speaker 1: Hopefully you get like some days off this weekend, hopefully even Monday to celebrate your birthday.
Speaker 2: Time for anybody listening, who know?
Speaker 1: Yesterday we were like, will anyone be listening period today because a lot of people it's funny.
Speaker 2: Max. He was here and we were hoping to get to place categories.
Speaker 1: But he's got a head out and he goes, man, I came in early to like go around the building and chow with people. He's like, no one's here, Yeah, no one's here. Everyone took every single person took a one fourth day, which I didn't know it was an option.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you could do like a half a day, but everyone's doing a fourth day. I think.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 1: Anybody listening who threw something in a fight?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm talking about you were binoculars?
Speaker 5: You did?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: No, yeah, it's like a boyfriend's situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why did you?
Speaker 3: Why what happened?
Speaker 2: We were in a fight.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: This isn't like my style either. I'm not like a thrower. Okay. I have thrown stuff in two fights.
Speaker 1: One one was a boyfriend, one was a coworker. The boyfriend was he was in a band and we were in the middle of a fight and he's like, I'm a bands here, I gotta go. I'm like, no, we're gonna We're gonna finish talking about this.
Speaker 3: He's like, no, I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm going to make him wait. And I was like ah.
Speaker 1: I was young and emotional and stupid, and I threw binoculars are the first thing next to me. No, No, I didn't throw them at him. I never threw them at him. I threw him at the wall to like get his attention.
Speaker 3: Did That's almost crazy.
Speaker 1: The other one is I used to work with this guy years ago and he was wildly lazy, wildly lazy, and he said something and I finally was like, I don't have to be here? What is And I wadded up all the papers and I threw him at him and I left.
Speaker 2: And when I drove.
Speaker 3: Home, did you actually quick quit that day?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: I drove home.
Speaker 1: I was doing a morning radio show, by the way, not easy. He just left it and he was just doing breaks by himself. And then I came back finished the show to be a professional. And then my boss was like, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Don't ever do that.
Speaker 5: I can't.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah, that's fair. That's fair. That's a fair that's a fair statement. So you've ever thrown something in a fight? Give us call six nine eight nine KTEWB. Have you ever thrown anything in a fight? Nah?
Speaker 4: No, I don't really do that. I don't really get like emotionally. I just got to figure out the root of the problem. So I'm like, why are you being crazy? Let's figure out why it's your fault. Let's let's dive into this.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's definitely never your fault. Anyone listening who spends quote unquote hella money on fireworks.
Speaker 4: Somebody just told me, I'll out of My little brother just hit me up and he was like, hey.
Speaker 2: Your brother never has any money.
Speaker 4: Well you hit me out and he was like, hey, you have any extra money for my rent? This moment, I was like, whoa, so your rent my extra money? No, I don't, And he was like, dang it.
Speaker 3: I was like, what happened?
Speaker 4: He was, I just spent like six hundred bucks on fireworks last week.
Speaker 2: That literally tracks with your brother. I can't. I don't even have a comment or anybody listening who got a regredible tattoo.
Speaker 4: I do have your name tattooed on me. I want to say it's regretable that well, you bring it up all the time.
Speaker 2: I didn't ask me to get my name.
Speaker 4: I just feel like I deserve more like a like a fun money every month or something for having your hen.
Speaker 1: I literally said, don't do this cult and you also threaten me recently that if I ever quit, you're gonna mail the skin to me.
Speaker 3: Anxiety.
Speaker 1: It's one of one point three KDWB with Fallon and Colt and anyone listening who threw something in a fight spends hell of money on fireworks or cut a regrettable tattoo. We got this text that says I threw my ex's phone during a fight. I missed the wall and it just fell on the ground. He took my phone and threw it and broke it. That was the last time I threw anything during a fight, since I don't have good aim, especially when in rage. This text says I threw a sandwich maker at my husband years ago.
Speaker 2: I was so angry apparently, but I don't remember why. And then this one.
Speaker 1: I'm embarrassed to say one time I threw my cell phone at my husband when we were fighting. Thankfully, I'm a bad thrower and missed him. I was regretful as soon as it left my hand.
Speaker 2: Which category do you into? I fell into the throwing something. I knew it.
Speaker 5: I could tell.
Speaker 2: I can tell what happened? Would you throw?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 6: I was in like the sixth sixth grade, so this was like twenty seventeen prime time, And I had my first middle school boyfriend and he stole a pack of gum from me.
Speaker 2: So I threw the.
Speaker 7: Gum at him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, honestly, that's what thieves get. Okay, he's lucky you didn't cut his finger off.
Speaker 5: Yeah I was.
Speaker 1: I was upset me somehow in my locker commodation and other thing.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, did you stay boyfriend and girlfriend with him? No? Okay, good, I said, no, we're done. Yep, good for you.
Speaker 4: Is that the only time you've thrown something in a fight. I feel like there's gotta be more, right, Oh.
Speaker 5: There's definitely more.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm I'm I'm a theater major in college, so I'm constantly going.
Speaker 5: Random like that.
Speaker 3: Oh oh all right.
Speaker 5: I've thrown things all the time.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's all right, thanks for calling it. We appreciate her.
Speaker 4: Good luck with the theater stuff. If you ever meet Timothy Chalomaye time, I say, what up?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah girl, we'll all right.
Speaker 3: Thanks, thank you.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's ballent and called. We saw your text and we were laughing.
Speaker 1: So your husband got your kids birth dates in Roman numerals tattooed on him and it's the wrong date.
Speaker 2: Yes, and he was an idiot who walked around like showing people. And then some guys like, I know.
Speaker 4: Your kids was at all just what you're talking about ten and I'm son was born twenty thirteen.
Speaker 1: God, So was it the tattoo artist that got it wrong or did your husband get it wrong?
Speaker 2: I think the fact that.
Speaker 4: He went and got this under the influence last minute I him. Yeah, yeah, that's a good And does he still wear it loud and proud so this day?
Speaker 2: Well yeah, because you know, we could get it easily corrected just adding three one.
Speaker 4: But what a center it?
Speaker 3: But you just keeps it?
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, just wake up with the every morning with a sharpie of market save some money that way, that's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he could kill it in every day like I do my eyebrows.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just like that.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you for sharing. We appreciate it.
Speaker 6: You have no problem.
Speaker 1: One on one point three kd WB with Fallon and Colt.
Speaker 2: Okay, we have a lot coming up.
Speaker 1: First of all, I'm gonna quiz cult on some of the biggest Memorial Day blockbusters because Memorial Day typically it kicks off summer, right, so they drop it kind of gives you a little prediction of what the summer blockbuster situation is going to be the big ones this weekend. To kick it off, Mission Impossible and Lilo and Stitch, I'm gonna quiz you on some of the biggest Memorial Day blockbuster openings.
Speaker 3: That's gonna come up.
Speaker 1: Well, it's gonna quiz you with a spelling bee. We always do that in our after school pop quiz. And it's for tickets to Crayola Experience over at Mall of America.
Speaker 2: That's around three thirty. But obviously this is a.
Speaker 1: Big weekend and you don't just get Monday off because there are reasons behind it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have a special person I want to talk about in six minutes. It's one on one point three kdwbus bounding Colts.
Speaker 1: Can you give me a heads up because I don't need to be giving away stuff for free?
Speaker 3: Well, you do all the time.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing, Memorial Day, weekend fun, a lot of great times.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, why is it so quiet?
Speaker 4: I was eight years old at a hockey game, right, and all of a sudden, my parents are divorced, and my mom likes call from my dad. She seems like visibly upset, and she's like, all right, well, we got to talk about something when you get home.
Speaker 3: I was like all right. So I'm thinking, I'm like, oh, there could be one thing, but that'd be crazy. So we get home.
Speaker 4: She sits me down and she says, your uncle Justin has passed away. He was serving in Operation Iraqi Freedom in two thousand and seven, and I guess he was on top of a building and we would always send him like candy because he would love handing out candy to like all the kids. And and he was really big. I'm like facilitating like the positive aspect of like being there, and he wasn't there too. He was a patriotic guy, but he was really just doing it so he could go to college for free. That was like he wanted to be a doctor. Right, So he's up on on top of this building as his platoons like clearing the building and he's kind of just like throwing candy down and he got taken out by a sniper.
Speaker 3: So it's a huge thing. You know.
Speaker 4: My family they found out a terrible way. The news people like found out before then they like pulled up to his parents house. It was this huge thing, and I just remember like how impactful it was at the time.
Speaker 3: But I was still young.
Speaker 4: And now that I am thirty one, he passed away when he was twenty four, and it's like he didn't even get to I thought he was so old because he was so much older than when I was a kid, and I thought, you know, he's an adult, like obviously his life ended early. But now it's like, oh, he didn't even get to have like a wife or a children, or.
Speaker 2: Or go to college, like he wanted to go to college that experience.
Speaker 4: Or like have a house, or like just get old or just deal with like these you know, just all these things and these experiences he's just he just didn't have.
Speaker 3: So it's always weird.
Speaker 4: Memorial Weekend, Like it's fun hanging out with like friends and family and.
Speaker 2: Having barbecues and all that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I know the positive it is that's what he would want he was like the most outgoing, fun up be all of us kids like loves being around him. He'd always get on the trampoline with us and shoot us like sixty feet up in the air.
Speaker 2: And stuff a good popcorn sash. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So if you're doing anything this weekend, just be like present. This is what he would want. And I'm just trying to message be present, hang out with your friends and the family, and just have a wonderful weekend and try to take advantage of the little extra time you have and really take a look around and be be thankful and grateful for what you have. And because he didn't get to have that stuff, you know, absolutely so yes, Oh I gotta make me cry falling.
Speaker 2: I didn't make you cry.
Speaker 1: I already said before this. I was like, oh no, it's gonna be so uncomfortable, look at you. Oh gosh, yep, we'll tear up sish Okay.
Speaker 4: No, kidd all right, well cool, one thousand dollars. Try to get your money No.
Speaker 1: One on one point three katiewb with fallon and cold. Let's get you one thousand dollars. Enter the keyword win right now at katiwb dot com.
Speaker 2: You type it in win and you could win one thousand dollars. We really want you to. We're gonna come back with trending.
Speaker 1: They rank the holiday weekends for you to have a wedding over and how rude they are, from rude to rudest. And this is a holiday weekend, So if you're getting married this weekend, we'll see how rude you are. That's coming up in trending. And you really can't door dash anything these days. We'll tell you the craziest one we saw lately coming up six minutes.
Speaker 2: Today's trending with felon and cold on one on one point three KATWB Are you going to a wedding this weekend?
Speaker 1: Nah, I'm saying, well, case you're wondering, these are the rudest days to get married.
Speaker 2: Okay, if you get if.
Speaker 1: You're getting married this weekend, borderline rude.
Speaker 6: Okay, I did my You got married over Memorial that weekend, so okay, twofold and I made everyone travel to Colorado for it as well.
Speaker 2: So they were like, you didn't make everyone they chose to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they knew what they were doing. They don't.
Speaker 1: Okay, if you get married over Labor Day weekend, that's pretty rude.
Speaker 2: So more rude. So you chose the least rude holiday to get married over, that's good.
Speaker 1: If you get married over July fourth weekend, you're super rude. Yeah, if you get married over Thanksgiving weekend, you're almost the rudest. But if you get married over Christmas, you are the absolute rudest.
Speaker 4: I don't even like when company holiday parties be like, hey, on the twenty third we're doing It's.
Speaker 2: Like, bro, it's what company have you worked? Forward at the twenty third?
Speaker 1: Iheart's company Christmas party happens in like February or March.
Speaker 3: So I married Christmas.
Speaker 2: We got a discount. It is true, it is It's good word wasn't.
Speaker 3: There's a was Emily. I think she was wearing like.
Speaker 2: A call her out by Nay.
Speaker 3: Nobody's just like no.
Speaker 4: It's funny because she's still festive with it, like she was wearing a Christmas like sweater and stuff.
Speaker 1: Because she's the best and also and she's the one that does all the work for the party.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: It's just funny that she still correlates the Christmas theme with it.
Speaker 1: Well, it is our company holiday party on April first, it's good time. So it really yeah, it can be. You really can do or dash anything these days.
Speaker 2: You can.
Speaker 1: Actually David's Bridle has teamed up. Speaking of weddings, you can door dash a wedding dress, bridesmaid dress and other sush Likecasian outputs and accessories. Now for the same prices in store, you can order one from one of the one hundred and.
Speaker 2: Eighty locations nationwide. That's wild.
Speaker 1: I wish I would have known about this because I just, for the first time my life, had to order a dress from David's Bridle for my friend's wedding in Indiana. And when that dress comes in, you got a clock starts ticket. They're like, you have fourteen days and every day they send you a new email, like we're sending your dress back. It was, it was that is your trending. We're going to come back with your after school pop quiz. Your chance to win a pair of Crayola Experience passes on KATIEWB.
Speaker 3: This report is sponsored by Whole Foods Market one on one.
Speaker 2: Point three KTWB with spalany cult.
Speaker 1: We have your Crayola Experience passes Now a pair of those over at Mall of America. And Fridays on our after school pop quiz are spelling the day. So you have to get two out of three words correct. You can call now to play at six five, one, nine eight nine katiewb. Every week we have Cult try to spell words and he never does.
Speaker 2: So here we go. Cult. Please spell the word.
Speaker 4: Mournful, mournful, mournful, mo o r N f U.
Speaker 1: L madagau proud of you? That is correct? Yeah, baby, here's your next word?
Speaker 4: Cardigan Cardigan, Cardigan c A R D I G A n Cardigan.
Speaker 2: Love that so much? How about wretched?
Speaker 5: Retch?
Speaker 3: You ratchet is? That's not what apps wretched? Richard? Actually?
Speaker 1: Oh wait, actually have a caller every week you can get stounding this pull someone on the phone. Hi, what's your name? Ron All right, Ronnie, here we go. Your first word is the one Cult couldn't spell. In the Spelling d Championship. You have to get two out of three right. Wretched is your word?
Speaker 6: What is it?
Speaker 2: Wretched?
Speaker 3: Wretched R E C T H E D.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately that is r E.
Speaker 7: T C A B B.
Speaker 2: Yes, what just happened?
Speaker 1: If someone whisper the right work to you, you went, You went for one extreme to the next you got it in the nicke time.
Speaker 2: You got it in the nicke of time, you got it.
Speaker 1: Okay, here is your next word, loneliness.
Speaker 2: Loneliness l O n E l I n e s just like that, just like that Ron.
Speaker 1: It's sad you are, even though Cold Plaine depressing music for the word loneliness. Congrats, you got a pair of Crayle Experience passes.
Speaker 5: Thank you, you're welcome.
Speaker 2: Hold on one second, we'll grab your info.
Speaker 1: It's KATIEWB Stalin and Colts on one oh one point three kd WB. Here's the thing, this is a huge weekend at the movie theater kind of predicts how the summer.
Speaker 2: Will go because it's like the kickoff to summer.
Speaker 1: So the huge summer blockbusters start this weekend right Because it's a long weekend, people are looking for things to do, So the big ones this weekend to kick it off. Mission Impossible, which is going to be nearly impossible for that money to make or that movie to make its money back. They spent over four hundred million to make the movie before before marketing. That's wild. Early reviews of Lelo and Stitch say it's terrible, a travesty. Never should have been made, predictions they'll never make a live action again. I don't think that'll stop people from going to check it out for themselves. They'll either movie right, no bad reviews, permission impossible. Thus far other than it's very long. I think it's over two and a half hours long.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So I went through and I started.
Speaker 1: Pulling some of the biggest blockbuster movies of all time.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna see if you can guess them.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna start off early in the early two thousands. This one came out in two thousand and five, had one hundred and fifty eight million dollars made in this five day opening.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 3: I saw your ship.
Speaker 5: How are you doing out here?
Speaker 2: I was so worried about you. Won't be wonder don't me terrible things?
Speaker 3: Okay, Star Wars.
Speaker 2: Do you know which one though?
Speaker 3: Rise of Jedi Mama data problems.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh, Star Wars Episode three, Mama data problems. It's a really underrated film. Or some others call it Revenge of the Sith.
Speaker 3: Oh, I've heard that though.
Speaker 1: This is when Annakin officially becomes dark. He turns to the dark side.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Mama Beta.
Speaker 1: So that was the biggest one of the two thousands. Other big ones during the early two thousands, X Men, The Last Stand, Pirates of the Caribbean, Indiana, Jones and The Kingdom of the Crystal School That Moving is just trash and Night The Museum, Battle of Smithsonian, and Let's Pop Into the two thousand tens.
Speaker 2: This one was huge.
Speaker 1: This was like the biggest one in the two thousand tens, making one hundred and thirty five million dollars. Also hard to find a clip without cuss words.
Speaker 5: We can't.
Speaker 3: Oh, we live in an alternative lifestyle and we are so sorry about that, but we weren't ourselves last night. Oh the hangover, hangover to far too hangover far.
Speaker 2: To the fact that you know that from that much of the clip. Do you know how hard it is to pull a clip without Alan doing something offensive? By the way, so good, I don't even remember the hangover too?
Speaker 4: Oh, I mean Soon and three are not nearly as good as one, but it's still yeah awesome.
Speaker 1: Other huge ones in the twenty tens Men in Black, three, Fast and Furious six, Tomorrowland, couple of different X Men, another prior to the Caribbean solo, a Star Wars story, and a Laddin Live Action. Now let's hop into the twenty twenties. This one is, I feel like, very very obvious, very huge. Came out in twenty twenty two, making one hundred and sixty million.
Speaker 3: Dollars perverct to Range Control Top Gun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maver goold, let clip breathe a.
Speaker 5: Little bit perverct to range Control.
Speaker 2: Never mind round time all right.
Speaker 1: Other big ones that came out in the twenty twenties A Quiet Place Part two, The Little Mermaid Live Action, and Furiosa a Mad Max Saga. But then obviously with COVID and everything, there wasn't even a big one dropped in twenty twenty. So there you go, big blockbusters of the past, like thirty years.
Speaker 2: Let us know if you're going to see one of those this weekend five three ninety two one kd WB one one.
Speaker 1: O one point three KDEWB with Fallon and Cult.
Speaker 2: It is your Memorial Day weekend. We're around like four thirty.
Speaker 1: After we do the Pop Culture Minute, we're gonna we're gonna turn it into your Memorial Day playlist. Like you get to call in and be like I want to hear blah blah blah. We didn't ask our boss. So we're just gonna, you know, we're gonna see how this goes and see if he appears and yells at us or if he's like, you know what, yes, girl and boy, live it up.
Speaker 4: He's never said that's me before, but like, hopefully today is the day we.
Speaker 2: Say, yes, live it up.
Speaker 5: Boy.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna come back though and do radios categories. Our buddy Ted is joining Auto can't wait five minutes.
Speaker 2: No mom one O one point three k d WB with Fallon and Cult. I didn't realize this, but Cult anniversaries this weekend.
Speaker 1: I asked what he was getting his wife Cult? What are getting your wife for air anniversary?
Speaker 3: What did I What did I say?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: You said Plogo smash. Do you think that that's what she wants for the anniversary?
Speaker 3: We know what you said. Col Ted is.
Speaker 1: Joining us, by the way, for radios categories. What are you doing this Memorial Day weekend?
Speaker 3: Going up to my cabin? You know, typical Minnesota stuff.
Speaker 1: We do have, Okay, side note cold we talked about yesterday and we don't have a friend with a cabin, but we do. We just don't get invited to the cabin. So we just start working our way into that.
Speaker 7: You know what, We'll do a live broadcast from from the Ted cabin.
Speaker 2: You got weafy out there?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, I thought you were talking about like weed or something. I was for some reason.
Speaker 3: I was like, I got whatever you want.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, ed boy. All right, we go through categories like this. You get ten categories with one letter. You have sixty seconds to answer them. All Ted get gone. Okay, cold is going first to day, wish me luck.
Speaker 2: So did you actually get your wife anything for anniversary?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we have some things I don't want to I think she's listening right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I thought you said you never surprised her because she hates surprises.
Speaker 3: I got a roller blades.
Speaker 2: Oh she probably.
Speaker 1: Wishes she didn't know. All right, your letter is M and your time starts now. Foods to grill, meats, summer drinks, Mahi mahi, backyard games.
Speaker 4: Backyard games, MMM, motorized RC cars, things that melt, milkshakes, road trip snacks, monchies, camping gear, machete, oh, US President, mister Obama, American Landmark. No wait, there's gonna be an m right. The mentuta Johnson something Fredericks.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't know, yah, mister.
Speaker 4: Obama, American landmark, American landmarks.
Speaker 1: Skip Memorial Day destinations, Mexican songs of Summer of Summer, my love American landmark, Mount Rushmore.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you actually have time still? Any of you want to redo times that.
Speaker 3: Obama's probably not but I don't know.
Speaker 2: Whatever it's done, it's not only back. Okay.
Speaker 1: Now that before Dad comes back in for a summer drink, you said.
Speaker 2: May money would just a fish. I've been sitting here in.
Speaker 3: My side.
Speaker 5: I could tell you.
Speaker 2: We're so proud because you thought you got to trying to keep ingether.
Speaker 1: Round two Category one on one point three k D W B with fallon and cold, and our good buddy Ted is joining us, friend of the show. We do have your keyword, your chance to win one thousand dollars coming up right after round two of radios categories.
Speaker 2: Ted, Are you ready?
Speaker 1: I guess Okay, you got this, Ted, I believe in you. Your letter is m M all right, and your time starts now.
Speaker 4: Foods to grill, marinated kebabs, summer drinks, Margarita's.
Speaker 2: Backyard games, skip things.
Speaker 3: That melt.
Speaker 7: Mm hmmm, things that melt malts.
Speaker 1: Road trip snacks, uh, malteezers, camping gear, m.
Speaker 7: Mosquito repellent as presidents. Uh wow, okay, skip from American landmark an American landmark, the Marilyn Monroe Statue in Chicago.
Speaker 1: Memorial Day Destinations, my cabin, Songs of summer Time.
Speaker 5: Dang it, all.
Speaker 2: Right, here we go.
Speaker 7: I was gonna say Mamacita by Justin Timberlake.
Speaker 2: A good one.
Speaker 1: Give it to me, all right, question, calm down. I will only because you demanded it so aggressively, all right. Number one Foods to grill, Colt had meats, and Ted had marinated to Bob fancy.
Speaker 2: So much easier. Here is where Colt took a weird twist.
Speaker 3: Can't wait.
Speaker 2: Summer drinks.
Speaker 1: Ted had margarita, and Cult had Mahi mahi, which ye, all right. Number three backyard games. Ted had nothing, and Cold had motor motorized cars. Yeah, okay, I'm gonna give it to you if you don't deserve its.
Speaker 2: Things that melt.
Speaker 1: Cold had milkshake, and Ted you said malt or malt or malt like a malt, like a milkshake. Number five road trip snacks. Cold had munchies and Ted had malteeser.
Speaker 2: What's that?
Speaker 3: It's like a British version of a whopper. Okay, yeah, I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: You camping gear.
Speaker 1: Cold had machete terrifying, and Ted had mosquito repellent, which.
Speaker 2: Makes so much sense.
Speaker 1: Number seven US President Cold or Ted had nothing. Cold had mister Obama, and I.
Speaker 5: I miss him.
Speaker 3: I feel like Obama.
Speaker 5: Is there one?
Speaker 3: There's gotta be one, right.
Speaker 2: Well, funny enough.
Speaker 1: I I went to say Mark Adams, but as John Adams and also Mark Adams was like one of my bosses in Indiana, not a president disregard.
Speaker 2: Yes, there definitely probably is one.
Speaker 1: Google one quick Colt alright, I am going to put a pending on mister Obama on the final results for the American Landmark. Colt had Mount Rushmore and Ted had Marilyn Monroe statue in Chicago, which is two points.
Speaker 4: We had like James Madison, James Moreau.
Speaker 2: Big one, big one, don't know him?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Memorial Day destinations. Cold had Mexico and that is weird, but I'm going to give it to you.
Speaker 2: And Ted had his cabin, my cabin, which makes the.
Speaker 3: Most sen makes sense.
Speaker 1: Songs of Summer Cold had My Love and Ted had Mama Sita?
Speaker 7: Are those two justin Timberlake songs? I think so yeah, So.
Speaker 1: Without mister Obama, Colt has won two three four five six seven eight points and Ted has won two three, four, five six seven eight nine. If I give a cult mister Obama, you're tied. Ted, how do you feel?
Speaker 3: Let me say this, Teffoy say anything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, technically you're supposed to address him as President Obama, not mister Yeah.
Speaker 3: So, I don't think I feel like you're a good guy.
Speaker 2: Ted.
Speaker 3: You're a good family man. You love people.
Speaker 7: I don't have a family, but well I have my own.
Speaker 2: You have a family, have a family. Wow, your mom listens right now.
Speaker 3: You're not a good family.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Actually a terrible person, I take it.
Speaker 3: I except mister Obama.
Speaker 2: Nine and nine, nine to nine, congrats them the tie game.
Speaker 3: Thank you, You're welcome.
Speaker 5: One to one point three kd w B.
Speaker 2: And two it's the pop culture Minute with Fellon.
Speaker 5: And cult On. One on one point three kd w B.
Speaker 1: Kim Kardashian is super grateful to French authorities after the jewelry heist conviction, so officially they have all been convicted, covicted, all these men who robbed her at gunpoint, and she thanked authorities. The interesting thing is, obviously the jewelry still was never recovered, right because they were able to like rip that apart, sell it off probably you know, on the black market or whatever. And but yeah, they were all convicted, which is interesting to because I don't feel like anyone were really denying it right like they were on this like one guy wrote a book about it, like very interesting. Billy Joel, we don't cover him a ton in our pop Culture Minute, but he announced he has a brain disorder, so we has to cancel all his concerts.
Speaker 2: Basically, he has this disorder.
Speaker 1: Where excess fluid accumulates in the brain's fluid filled cavities and it makes him basically have trouble hearing, seeing, and balancing. Obviously very difficult to do concerts with all of those issues going on.
Speaker 2: His doctors are instructing him to.
Speaker 1: Undergo physical therapy and stop performing while he recovers, so hopefully he will recover quickly and be able to perform again because people do love to see him stop.
Speaker 3: Believe man.
Speaker 1: That was a bit earlier where Colts, saying that thinking it was Billy Joel, we do know that it is Journey or the one person that texted in that is def Leopards.
Speaker 2: Miley Cyrus.
Speaker 1: She rolled around on Hollywood Boulevard for her latest Like music video, which is a really bad choice. That is so gross. Even Jimmy Kimmel's like, what is wrong with you? Like, why would you ever do that? It's so disgusting And it actually ended up being really bad. He joked that she was lucky that he wasn't stabbed by a loose needle while rolling around on Hollywood Boulevard. She's like, actually, fun fact, a few weeks after the shoot, I ended up in the ICU because I had some weird infection in my knee where my knee was actually disintegrating, And the doctors were like, dude, could you have any idea how this could have happened, how you could have such bad contamination?
Speaker 2: She's like, actually, yes, I do.
Speaker 1: It's from rolling around on the Walk of Fame if you've never been to the Walk of Fame in Hollywood.
Speaker 2: Super gross. Yeah, truly gross, Like, don't want to do it.
Speaker 3: When you look at my phone and it's like all greasy, but like times, well.
Speaker 1: That's because you ate a full row tissory chicken today and we were texting people throughout we were all nasty. Also, let's see, I'm going to find a couple other things for you.
Speaker 2: Britney Spears got in trouble.
Speaker 1: She's on a private jet coming back from Mexico and decides to light up a Ciggi and they're like, dude, you can't even on a private jet.
Speaker 2: You can't smoke.
Speaker 1: So she did get a warning when the plane landed, but nothing bigger than that and other you know what.
Speaker 4: Good for her though, being like Ony only people who smoke, So I feel like nobody smokes these days, and she's just out here living her best life.
Speaker 2: What that's a wild take? Wild take? And the serious finale of The Handmaid's Tale hits Hulu Tuesday, but Elizabeth Moss almost didn't star and it she had just finished Madman.
Speaker 1: She's like, I don't want to sign on for another series, so no. Then they came back to her again. They're like, if you don't do it, we're gonna give it to this other person. She wouldn't say who the other person was, but it made her realize she didn't want to let that park go to someone else, and thank goodness she didn't, because I mean she really is like a she did so well.
Speaker 2: That also a Madman. Big movies this weekend because it's a box office weekend, big blockbuster weekend for the summer kickoff, Mission Impossible and Lee, Loo and Stitch. That's your pop culture min it brought to you by.
Speaker 1: Ovo, Lasik and Lens. We're gonna come back with your Memorial Day playlist. Like you get to call us and say, hey, I want to hear this, and we'll pop on a little bit for you one on one point three kd WB with Ballon and Cult. Okay, here's the game plan we have. Okay, you call us at six five one nine eight nine Katie w B. And we're gonna kick off this Memorial Day weekend. You're gonna be like, hey, I want to hear this song. I want this is what's gonna get me in the mood to kick off a fire weekend. And we're gonna be like, okay, okay, why not? So six five one nine eight nine, Katie w B. Jeff, did you want to add a song?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: They do, Okay, what song would you like to hear.
Speaker 5: The quine by my least say it.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, what a beautiful way to kick off the weekend.
Speaker 2: Didn't see it coming, don't.
Speaker 3: I'm always don't want to make you.
Speaker 2: I'm always do.
Speaker 5: To the.
Speaker 6: Let me stop.
Speaker 2: In a Jeff, here's the closes.
Speaker 3: There we go, love job, Thank you?
Speaker 1: All right, don't don't let Jeff show you up or anything. But if you have one, call a six five, one nine eight nine k d w B.
Speaker 3: I want to open condam starts.
Speaker 2: Cun them, stops.
Speaker 3: Them stop.
Speaker 2: Late. Okay, you good one too.
Speaker 3: You go vibe. You want to do a little something something, Let's get in the good moods. Stop it. It's summer now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was four months ago below funny outside you were hating life.
Speaker 3: It's sonny, it's green.
Speaker 2: Let's go baby one on one point three Katie w B with fallon and cold and we're just letting you pick a couple of songs here and there to kick off the Memorial Day weekend. So what are you wanting to hear?
Speaker 4: Okay, so I think we were real day. I think like our soldiers and stuff.
Speaker 5: Could we've got to get either American Soldiers.
Speaker 1: Of Blue or God bless you with it? All right, let's look for God bless the us A here we go, Plea Greenwood.
Speaker 3: What beautiful choice?
Speaker 5: Beautiful choice?
Speaker 3: Thank you? Hi?
Speaker 2: What's your name from Lakeville?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, okay, I know you're gonna give us something good. What do you want to hear?
Speaker 7: Some Snoop DOGG, Mac Miller, Young Wild and Free?
Speaker 4: Okay, wait, young wild and Free. I got you right here?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, you got it?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 3: We don't.
Speaker 5: We get.
Speaker 3: So we go?
Speaker 4: You're young? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Now when I think of Memorial Day, Morral Day weekend, mm hmm. Definitely gonna be.
Speaker 4: Eating some brods to this song. Really and everybody choice?
Speaker 2: Such a good one though, yeah.
Speaker 1: One to one point three Katie w b with fallon and cold. Are you ready for the one k wordplay?
Speaker 2: Let's go all right, your chance.
Speaker 1: For one thousand pennies. You have to match four words with either me or Colt? So who do you think you have better odds of matching?
Speaker 2: What's today? I'm gonna go with all right, cold, beat it boy?
Speaker 1: Okay, I have some difficult words for you today, but I think you can do it. Okay, your first word is sheep fluffy all right.
Speaker 2: Your next word is prada. Your next word is angel.
Speaker 5: Pastka, angel hair paska.
Speaker 2: Okay, and your last word is roach.
Speaker 5: This is inappropriate for r O A C H. I haven't it?
Speaker 2: Okay, col all right, here we go, Here we go.
Speaker 3: Your first word is.
Speaker 2: Sheep s h E E P.
Speaker 3: Mountain was a joke.
Speaker 2: That's not words. I'm gonna save you clothing, Oh my god, no fluffy Okay, I thought wool.
Speaker 1: Maybe, Okay, Prada shoes. I'm going to give it to a shoe. Yeah. Your next words angel cakes with pasta, angel air, and roach broach one on one point three KDW with fallon and cold. It's it's like after five pm and my husband has not texted me yet to acknowledge that I mowed the lawn.
Speaker 2: I didn't tell him I was going to mow it. He was gone when I mowed it.
Speaker 1: I expected he would arrive home see the disgusting what used to be a disgusting lawn and immediately like wow, fallin, you really do make sure this family stays together.
Speaker 2: And not a single acknowledgment.
Speaker 1: What's the point of even mowing the lawn if I don't get credit for it? In disrespect and I didn't text him and tell him. You know, like this is kind of like an ongoing joke. People say about men that the one time they load the dishwasher, they'll let their wife know because they want to get credit for Well, Jake always loads the dishwark.
Speaker 2: Is it because I never acknowledge that he does anything?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, it doesn't feel good. See women always do that. They're like, oh, you want acknowledgement? Yeah, everyone does.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm saying I think I'll tax somebout today's trending with Fellon and Colt on one one three Katie w b.
Speaker 1: Big movies at the box office this weekend are Mission Impossible and Lee Low and Stitch Now Cold. Do you watch the Hard Knocks Show on HBO.
Speaker 3: I've seen a couple episodes.
Speaker 2: A lot of people like it.
Speaker 1: Right, it's a television series, and this time they're headed to Western New York. So the NFL announced that the Buffalo Bills we featured on the new season that premierees on August fifth, they're bringing back Hard Knocks in season which we'll focus on the NFC East and we'll debut in December.
Speaker 2: Just in case that is something to interest you.
Speaker 3: That's when it fell off when it was out of season.
Speaker 4: It's like, dude, all right, we just kind of want to see the behind the scenes of the game. Like I don't really care about all this training stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh I don't know.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: The one hundred and ninth running of the Indian Napolis five hundred is on Sunday. Now, that's something My whole family will be gathered around the TV for that.
Speaker 2: I always grew up be in like can we put on anything else?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, we live in Indiana's we have to watch this cool cool love that for us. And the new Mission Impossible bucket is something you can check out when this weekend when you're getting the or going to see the movie. The problem with this bucket for me is it requires a two part key to open it, because you know it's Mission Impossible. I do not need any It's not like probably eighty dollars. I do not need something else holding me back from a popcorn? How do you eat popcorn? What's your goat?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Are you like a big old wad in your hand you cram it in your mouth?
Speaker 3: Or what's your vibe?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: I usually just put my face in and got it. The popcorn and get enough butter on there and slippery.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it goes as I walk to the theater and I have like the drink of the candy and the popcorn, and my hands aren't free.
Speaker 2: I do the tongue dip and let it take my tongue.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I don't even go for the butt shug.
Speaker 2: But you're proud of that.
Speaker 3: No, I apologize. I'mkay, you're trenting.
Speaker 2: Katie W.