Speaker 1: Three terrifying days have already passed, and we have four more to go still, So please join us here on Halloween Week with Wicked and Grim. My name is Jacko, and I will continue to be your master of ceremonies for the remaining four days, but we are going to go past just the seven day tradition and continue the urban legends. Last year we had three urban legends.
Speaker 2: Two true and one false. Were you able to hell which was which? This year we have too false and one true. Again, will you be able to tell the difference? Can you make the call which is truth and which is nearly legend? To bring us these cases, I must first introduce your hosts. So, without further ado, introducing Ben and Nicole.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to Halloween Week.
Speaker 4: My name's Ben and I'm Nicole, and you're listening to Wicked and Grim.
Speaker 3: A true crime podcast. I need this drink today.
Speaker 4: Ah yeah, this is an earned drink today.
Speaker 3: Prior to it was just indulging. Today, it was like, no, I kind of need a fucking drink.
Speaker 5: Today was a day we broke the Internet.
Speaker 3: Today we did that was something to put it in any way, shape or form.
Speaker 5: I mean, it was very minor but it was unexpected.
Speaker 3: Yes, so we released finally our mugs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, are artisan black pottery mugs.
Speaker 5: Let's say stay wicked.
Speaker 3: So they say stay wicked on it. We finally released them. We have a total of thirty made. We kept one and we gave another one away in a giveaway, So twenty eight went up for sale on our Etsy page.
Speaker 5: Today, our brand new Etsy page.
Speaker 3: Yes, never sold anything on it before, so it was a bit of a shit show getting things started on there. And then when we finally got it up, we're like, we announced it in Patreon and on Instagram and on Facebook. We're like, they're live.
Speaker 4: Boom, go grab one, yeah, go snag one.
Speaker 3: They went so fast, so fast, I think.
Speaker 5: It was eleven eleven sold in about a minute.
Speaker 3: And Etsy stepped in and cut us off and suspended our account because of suspicious behavior because a brand new account was selling shit way too fucking fast.
Speaker 5: So wait, yeah, what the heck? Why stomp on our is it stomp on our parade? Does that?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 3: Rain on our parade?
Speaker 4: Rain on our parade? Like, come on, just because we're awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So we currently have seventeen mugs in limbo eleven sold and we are in works with Etsy. We've been emailing them and they're going through an investigation to ensure that we're not doing anything wrong.
Speaker 4: Yes, so we will be able to sell those remaining mugs at some point.
Speaker 3: We just don't know when Ettsy's gonna get added to us.
Speaker 4: But the thing is like, at one point I looked in there and there was probably like twenty people that had them in their carts, Like, so it would have they would have sold out, and like, I bet you a manner of five minutes.
Speaker 3: Oh easy.
Speaker 4: So we will also be ordering more mugs.
Speaker 3: Yes, there will be more mugs, so don't worry if you don't get these.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I remember when we went to order these ben Bens, like should we get like ten?
Speaker 5: I was like, oh, that might be a little low.
Speaker 4: So we said it on thirty. Yeah that wasn't enough either.
Speaker 3: So yeah, there will be more mugs to come. Don't worry about it. We'll get it worked out with Etsy one way or another. If we don't, maybe we need to get our website into an e commerce mode. Yeah, I don't know. We got to figure it out.
Speaker 5: We'll see.
Speaker 4: But honestly, you guys are awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so thank you for helping to get our Etsy page suspended.
Speaker 4: You continue to blow our minds with your support.
Speaker 3: So guys are wicked.
Speaker 5: It's unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Actually, every time we do something, I'm like, h like this will go all right, and then it just wow, like wow wow. Yeah, So honestly, thank you. We're going to get this fixed. We'll communicate as best we can, and we'll order some more mugs.
Speaker 3: There we go. Yeah, and want to know what else we're gonna do?
Speaker 4: Okay, is this moch today's episode?
Speaker 3: It is?
Speaker 5: I am pumped?
Speaker 3: You're pumped? Why you pumped?
Speaker 4: This was literally one of my favorites from last Halloween week?
Speaker 3: Okay, but I got to say, next year, you have to be the one to do the research. I want to guess.
Speaker 4: No, it's too fun guessing. This is your tradition. It's your tradition to do this episode.
Speaker 3: That's bullshit, malarkey.
Speaker 5: We'll talk, we'll talk. Maybe we'll have to do.
Speaker 3: Two okay, yeah, well we'll figure that out. But last year we did too true and one false, and this year we're doing too false and one true. Okay, so it's up to you to figure out which is which.
Speaker 4: I have no idea how I did last year, I should have listened to that. I have no idea. I probably didn't. I know I didn't get them both that I.
Speaker 3: Don't think you got the true one or the false one.
Speaker 5: Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I can't remember.
Speaker 4: So this year we're doing okay, two it.
Speaker 5: Is this year.
Speaker 3: Okay, last year, I don't think you succeeded. I think you managed to guess one correctly. I think if I remember right, this year, just ignore the rest of it.
Speaker 5: Now, Yep, we're clean Slaton this year.
Speaker 3: Two false, one true.
Speaker 4: Two false, one true. I mean I think last year that they're all fucking false, So maybe this will be easier.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so this year you have to figure out which one is true.
Speaker 4: Okay, we got our we got like, let's do this. I mean, it's not just me, it's all of us here, So okay.
Speaker 3: So we're gonna start off here. And I'm not telling you any sort of title of these cases, okay, especially primarily because anyone out there listening can be like.
Speaker 5: Oh Google, real quick, good old Google.
Speaker 3: So this is to mostly help prevent you guys from doing that and actually use you knocking a little bit.
Speaker 5: Okay, Yeah, it's fun this is fun.
Speaker 3: Even though I'm pretty sure you can quickly figure it out and google it still, but.
Speaker 5: No google, no, no all out. That's rule number one.
Speaker 3: And rule number two. Nicole is doing this next year. Okay, First of all, I need to take sip.
Speaker 5: There you go. That was more like a chug.
Speaker 3: That was a big zip. Okay, Before, before the time of big chain stores and online shopping, people needed a little bit more creativity when it came to things like Halloween and their costumes.
Speaker 5: Okay, yep, it's fair. Now.
Speaker 3: There were no stores to go buy a Super Mario costume. There is no butterfly wings you can go pick up off the shelf to be you know, that Faerry or whatever you want to do for your costume. Instead, people would throw together what they had available in their closets and mix together with a few homemade items and be as resourceful as they could and you know, make things out of like paper mache for.
Speaker 5: Example, which I altant to kind of love.
Speaker 3: Right. It really makes the Halloween a lot different rather than I'm just going to go grab fifty bucks and see what's left on the shelf. So in nineteen sixty two, this is exactly how Halloween looked okay, And in nineteen sixty two, in a very small town in the United States, they were gearing up for Halloween night. The sun was slowly dipping out down over the horizon, and due to the age of the individuals in this case, most of the names have been kept quiet and as quiet as possible. So I'm going to continue to do that.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: So this girl in the case, the main one, We're going to call her Marla.
Speaker 5: Marla.
Speaker 3: Marla was fifteen years old and getting prepped for Halloween. She was getting ready to throw a Halloween party with a bunch of friends from school. So Marla lived with her dad, who was a heavy drinker and he worked out at camp as a tree feller, so he was away for Halloween, and Marla's mother had moved away with her new husband, so she was essentially home alone for the night, which gave her the complete ability to throw a Halloween party at the age of fifteen.
Speaker 5: Yikes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so Marla knew exactly where her dad stashed all his alcohol. Yikes again, under his bed, in the toolbox in the shed out back, and even behind an old air duct that was located under the floorboards in the basement.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh. Okay, well she's very observant.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so she gathered up as much as she could without being suspicious and got ready for the night with her friends. Slowly they began arriving, all dressed up in their homemade costumes, dinning, sorry, donning paper mache masks, burlap hoods, and even some clown makeup, all in this old fashioned style, nothing you'd find bought off the Walmart type shelf.
Speaker 4: I'm honestly loving the visual going on in my head right now.
Speaker 3: Well, it was like it was a cool little party sort of thing. It seemed like right, and it was the whole like regular teenage rowdiness that occurred. You know, they went like cruising, because that was the thing that happened that time.
Speaker 5: Cruising, cruising.
Speaker 4: Oh as they're also drink consuming alcohol.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is the sixties.
Speaker 5: I know, this is the sixties.
Speaker 3: So they were like kind of partying at the house. Some would go cruise, they'd kind of come back sort of thing, right, Okay, And apparently they even went out while they were cruising and they threw water grenades at neighborhood mailboxes. And water grenades were apparently a specific brand at the time. Nowadays everyone calls him, of course water balloons. Oh okay, so yeah, I guess that brand was Ellington's water Grenades. So some trick or treaters, of course did stop by during the evening, and by about nine to thirty pm, the trick or treaters kind of you know, dwindled down right, but by now the house was packed with about twenty or so people. One of the boys, who we will call Tommy, brought his new polaroid camera and decided he was going to take a group photo of everybody nice. So they all piled around and took a snapshot together, but no one realized how important this photograph would be later on.
Speaker 5: Uh oh uh oh.
Speaker 3: As the evening went on, more and more drinks were consumed and things got a little fuzzy. Someone later described vaguely remembering a window being propped open with a piece of wood from the outside, but never really thought much of it and kind of brushed it off and continued to have fun. The night went on, and then around midnight all hell broke loose inside the house. A scream was heard from down the hall in the house as someone came running from a bedroom with someone chasing them with a butcher knife.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: They caught up to him quickly plunged the knife into their back and everyone panicked.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, that is a scene.
Speaker 3: They all ran for the nearest door to escape, but the doors were locked and no one could get out.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, this is like a horror movie.
Speaker 3: The person stood up after killing the first individual, and they had a black hood with black fabric draped across their face. Okay, they couldn't be seen they or sorry, no one could see who they were. Couldn't see their face. Panic continued as these fifteen year old kids slammed onto the doors trying to frantically escape the house. However they couldn't. A total of seven people were killed wow with stab wounds and cutthroats that night, and two were injured with minor injuries. Marla was one of the victims who lost their life.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Now the killer only took out seven individuals because he had to get away before the police had arrived. And that's exactly what he did. He had that window that was propped open. Everything else was locked, but that window that he took advantage.
Speaker 4: So he was planning this, Yes.
Speaker 3: So they escaped out the back window, and that's it. No one knew who this was. After multiple days of questioning with the police, no one was able to identify who this black clad individual was. Everyone thought it was someone else's friend who came to the party with them, But yet no one recalls seeing this individual actually arrive at the party either.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, I was thinking it wasn't someone that was at the party.
Speaker 3: The only evidence any police were able to recover was the single polaroid photo of the entire group. Now wouldn't be until about nineteen sixty nine that any more evidence would be found, and that evidence was found in a wooded area near Marla's house. She lived not too far away from this area, and it was right where the party occurred, and they found the black hood oh mask and the same fabric.
Speaker 5: One quite a few years later.
Speaker 3: Then seven years later, my goodness, it was found deteriorated and discarded, but no one was still able to be identified to this day, and the whole case remains a mystery.
Speaker 5: Huh.
Speaker 3: Now, I'm gonna pull up the actual polaroid for you so you can see it.
Speaker 4: Okay, and I already have a question. Okay, I'm doing one.
Speaker 3: True right, one true, and two false.
Speaker 4: Ye Okay, I already have my thoughts on this one. I mean, I'm not going to say because it could change though after I hear the other ones.
Speaker 3: So you can see there's the polaroid and you can see the black clad individual dead center.
Speaker 4: Huh wow, that's the actually like the most haunting photo I think I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 5: Right, it's terrifying.
Speaker 3: It's almost like an executioner's kind of hood with like the eyes and mouth cut out, but it's a complete black mask otherwise, So that is tail number one. Okay, where's your stance on that? Let's hear it.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not saying them until the end.
Speaker 3: What that's no fun because you're I want because you might change your mind. I want to hear you as you process.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, I'm thinking this one is false.
Speaker 3: You're thinking this one's like why are you thinking?
Speaker 5: Actually?
Speaker 4: Because this seems like a pretty big deal of a case and I have never heard of it, and I would be very surprised if that was legit and that I had never heard of it. Okay, I mean because a lot of times you search like abnormal cases or like Halloween cases, and I just have never come across this one, so I'm I'm going with false.
Speaker 3: Fair enough, Okay, Okay, so what about the picture?
Speaker 4: Then, Well, the fact that you showed me the picture does fuck me up a little. So that's why I was like, I'm gonna wait until I hear the other ones that now you're making me safe. But I'm still gonna go with false because that photo kind of doesn't seem a.
Speaker 3: Legit to me in which way.
Speaker 4: I think that that costume or that person could have been like photoshopped in there. Okay, you know that you can do a lot with photoshop.
Speaker 5: I know this.
Speaker 3: Clearly because you are a photographer who deals with photoshops.
Speaker 5: On a daily basis.
Speaker 3: So gotcha. Okay, So the second case, you ready for it?
Speaker 4: Then yes, I'm ready to roll.
Speaker 3: Okay. So we're gonna go back and we're going to talk about a classic film for this one.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 3: So we're talking about the amazingly film produced by MGM, which is timeless, The Wizard of Oz.
Speaker 5: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 3: Okay, the revolutionary color picture has the amazing makeup, the crazy sets and all of it. You name it, it's got it. It was an amazing movie. It was beautiful, but it's got some dark secrets and some dark tails behind it. For example, the tin Man reportedly had severe lead poisoning from the lead based paint that he had pasted all over his skin from every day of filming.
Speaker 5: That's brutal.
Speaker 3: The Cowardly Lion was on the edge of having heat stroke every moment when he was suited up and reportedly collapsed often and couldn't eat or drink properly due to his makeup.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 3: And the Wicked Witch who received severe burns from performing a stunt involving pyrotechnics as she dropped through a trap door in the set to make it seem as she disappeared in the smoke.
Speaker 5: Holy shit.
Speaker 3: So we won't be covering any of those stories today, whether those are true or false. However, these are things that have reportedly occurred on this movie set.
Speaker 5: Okay, and what year was that movie or filmed? Do you have that?
Speaker 3: I thought i'd put it in here, but I don't think I do have it in here.
Speaker 5: Now sho Google search A quick Google search.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't believe it. I didn't put the date in there, and though he was looking it.
Speaker 5: Could be around.
Speaker 4: I have no idea could be around that same time as the first one.
Speaker 3: Or oh no, it was earlier than that. It was in like the forties I think. Okay, nineteen thirty nine.
Speaker 4: There we go, okay, wow, yeah, so this is like WCB and shit.
Speaker 3: Work Safe BC? Yeah yeah, so yeah.
Speaker 4: Because yeah, you could never get away with that kind of shit nowadays.
Speaker 3: No, and WCB and rightfully so yes, WCB just for you guys out there, that's the because we're in British Columbia. It's the governing body for safety in British Columbia.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, is that just a BC thing?
Speaker 3: I don't work safe British Columbia. Oh duh, No, most people deal with OSHA. Okay, yeah, Occupational Safety and Health Association.
Speaker 5: What is Nicole saying?
Speaker 3: Pretty much? I know these things because I'm a safety go.
Speaker 5: You're a safety man.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So anyways, back onto this, we digress. We're not going to be covering any of those cases, but we are going to be tallalking about something, and it is that there was apparently a suicide that occurred on set, okay, and how that suicide kind of came to light. It's kind of fucked up. So apparently the individual's corpse was accidentally left in a shot and then put into the final product of the film.
Speaker 4: Ohly, shit, that's terrible.
Speaker 3: So you watch the film, you can see someone's deceased corpse who had committed suicide.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: Okay, so we're watching The Wizard of Oz later, like I need to see that.
Speaker 3: Well, the scene in question is at the very end of the tin Man sequence. It says Dorothy and the Scarecrow and the tin Men are headed down the yellow Brick Road to head towards the Emerald City. Okay, However, as they march off down the infamous brick Road, in the far background of the set, it shows a dark and dimly lit wooded area. Now, if you look closely between the trees, there is a silhouetted figure that can be seen, and that silhouette appears to be a little person who played one of the roles of the Munchkins in the film, and they are hanging by the neck and swinging lightly back and forth in the trees.
Speaker 4: Okay, I just have to say, if that's true, that's terrible. Yeah, And like, did they not think to just like re record or they just it wasn't noted.
Speaker 3: They didn't realize until it was already released.
Speaker 4: Well, did they not find this person or they just didn't realize it was in the shot?
Speaker 3: Didn't realize it was in the shot?
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 3: So the claim is exactly that a person had committed suicide on set to do to the harsh conditions that we had already mentioned, and it drove them into depression and other mental health issues, maybe even things that they had it going on at home too, But they decided it was too much and they took their life on on the set moments before the camera crew filmed the shot that would infamously be memorialized.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 3: So MGM denied anyone ever committing suicide or dying on set, and has since digitally removed the silhouette from newly released films.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, So can you not even find this then? Or it's probably on the internet something?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you can. You can watch it.
Speaker 4: You can find anything on the interweb.
Speaker 3: It's on YouTube. And just so you know, I don't know if this are you.
Speaker 4: Gonna fucking show me photos and shit of everyone so that I'm just like a fish out of water here.
Speaker 3: There's only photos of two. The other one's too old.
Speaker 5: Wow, that's brutal.
Speaker 4: Hum hmm, Okay, I just think of this one's true. That's just terrible. I mean, god, the fucking other one's terrible too.
Speaker 5: So I don't know.
Speaker 4: This is just fun, This is actually fun. I'm enjoying this.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: Remember there's only one true one set.
Speaker 5: I know I already have my thought on this one.
Speaker 3: What's your thought on this one?
Speaker 5: False?
Speaker 3: Why do you think it's false?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 4: I know the Wizard of Oz was fucked, like I've heard you hear some shit from that movie, like it was not good. But I think that I could change this. But I think that you're doing this one as a throwing us off. Everyone knows that the Wizard of Oz was recorded or was it was terrible working conditions. So I think you're putting this one in there and being like, Okay, yeah, it was terrible working conditions.
Speaker 5: That's true.
Speaker 4: But I think you're just throwing us off and it's false. Okay, that's my thought because I feel like you would do that.
Speaker 3: Okay, what if I showed you the video of the market. Are you up for that?
Speaker 4: I'm up for that, But like, what are you doing to me.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm about I'm trying to show present the evidence here. I'm trying to make sure that I show everything and as real of a light as I can.
Speaker 4: I have all the facts, so the next one, I guess in my opinion has to be true.
Speaker 5: We'll see. I could change. I'm allowed to change my answers, right.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm just trying to get your thought process through this whole thing. Nothing is solidified until the very end when you make your call. Okay, Okay, I'm just going to bring this up here.
Speaker 4: But I do think this is terribly sad. If this I mean, gosh, yeah, they're all gonna be sad. Okay, is this playing it is?
Speaker 3: You see it?
Speaker 5: I do? Wow?
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 5: I just think that would be.
Speaker 4: Something hard to or that that would be noticed too in the editing. But I mean, I guess they didn't really have like the eye or the techniques or stuff that we do nowadays. Man, that throws me off. That throws me for a little bit of a loop there. Okay, But like, honestly, if this is false, if this is what am I seeing, Okay, I said this was false.
Speaker 5: Oh no, now, I'm okay.
Speaker 4: If this is false, someone actually went to the trouble of doing that, like, I don't know now, I'm let's see, I'm it's a roller coaster. I'm spiraling. I'm sticking to false right now, sticking to false on it. So I've said both are false.
Speaker 3: Okay, So we'll see if you think false or true on this one then Okay, Okay, let's go. So this one takes us back before there is photographic evidence. Okay, this one takes us back into the eighteen hundreds. So on the night of February eighth and ninth, so in between, like you know, the night of February eighth and February ninth, the evening between. Okay, yeah, so that evening in eighteen fifty five, Okay, a heavy snowfall occurred in Devon, which is a small county in southwest England.
Speaker 5: Okay, so far this seems legit.
Speaker 3: The snow blanketed the house and roads, making for a nice, quiet, dream like world. Up here in Canada, we know what we know that feeling. Often when you get that nice heavy snowfall, everything seems so quiet and it.
Speaker 4: Can okay, it can look pretty, it can look pretty, but it also sucks.
Speaker 3: But like acoustically because that snow absorbed so much sound. It's just beautifully peaceful.
Speaker 4: And it's just everything is like white and clean, and you know, I know, yeah, the one the first snowfall, or not the first, but the one, big dump can look beautiful. Big dump, rec dumb, big dump. Like what am I going to say next year?
Speaker 3: I don't know. We'll find out. But anyways, so this was like a quiet, dreamlike world at this point. The people of Devin drifted off and it was kind of like the picturesque world, just to go to dreamland. The dreamland would turn into a very hellish reality when the sun rose the next morning. Oh so, as people stepped outside and walked into the fresh blanket of snow, an odd sight began to catch everyone's attention. A series of very strange footprints made their way through the snow and measured about four inches long and three inches across, and the stride ranging from about or to about sixteen inches in length. Now, the hoof prints, as we'll call them, were reported more than thirty locations across Devon, Okay, and other neighboring counties, and we're estimated to span a distance between forty and one hundred miles.
Speaker 4: What is the name of that one? I don't or never mind, I'll just listen. What Okay, haven't I I did some sort of Christmas thing, din't I?
Speaker 5: Where was like?
Speaker 4: Crankin crampis, crampis cranking the release the cranking.
Speaker 5: Okay, crampis.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're talking about crampis. No, we're talking about some hoofed prints in the snow.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So they're oddly kind of like almost horseshoe hoofed shape now on its own, these hoofs, these prints, they're not much to really talk about. I mean, you wake up the morning, fresh snow. Oh great, a deer wa across my front lawn. WHIPTI friakin do right? However, the hellish part kind of pops up here when we realize is a bit of a twist. The footprints didn't seem to just walk across someone's front lawn or down the road. They didn't really just stop for anything, it seemed like though. In fact, they walked across the roof of houses, over big walls, across rivers. Wow, they strode through almost anything that was in its path, across walls and into people's back courtyards of their homes. And even there was a claim that the footprints at one point led into a four inch diameter drain pipe and exited out the other end.
Speaker 4: Seriously, but these are like big footprints, right, you said sixteen inches or something?
Speaker 3: Sixteen inch stride, oh, fourteen or four inch wide, three inch long, I believe is what it was.
Speaker 4: Okay, For some reason, I was thinking that the footprint itself was sixteen.
Speaker 3: Inches, so four inch long and three inch wide.
Speaker 5: There are oh, okay, okay, three.
Speaker 3: Inches across, four inches long, So it seems like it didn't stop for anything, that just kept going without missing a beat. So these hoof prints continued from town to town to town, left in the snow, not stopping for anything. And the mystery of these hoof footprints in the snow was never solved, but it was quickly named the Devil's footprints for obvious reasons. Yep, and to this day it's still a mystery. Those are your three urban legends. Now, what's your thoughts on that one?
Speaker 5: True?
Speaker 3: You think it's true?
Speaker 5: I do.
Speaker 3: Why do you think it's true?
Speaker 4: I don't know, because there are a lot of I just think in our world unexplained, like animal occurrences, okay, and so I feel like that could just be that, like an animal of sorts made these footprints, and maybe at the time or whatever, we didn't know.
Speaker 5: What that was.
Speaker 3: So you're saying that these hoof prints just walked up to a house, hopped onto the roof, walked across, hopped down, and kept going because an animal does that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, freaking mountain goat shit, climb up the side of a goddamn mountain, right, I guess yeah.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't be able to do that.
Speaker 3: And it went through a four inch diameter pipe.
Speaker 4: That throws me off a little bit because it was like a baby goat.
Speaker 5: Now I'm just saying it's a goat. It would be like.
Speaker 4: Not able to get on the top of the roofs, but it would be able to go through the pipe.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm saying four inch diameter pipe. Do you know how much this is a four inch di I'm.
Speaker 4: Aware, I'm aware, Okay, Okay, let me see.
Speaker 5: Okay, So we got that one.
Speaker 4: We have the Wizard of Oz and then we have the Halloween party.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Halloween massacre in nineteen sixty two.
Speaker 5: Shit, No, I'm keeping my answers.
Speaker 3: Man Okay, so officially lock it in, which the first one, the Halloween one is false, the wizard of Oz is false, and the Devil's Footprints is true. Final answer?
Speaker 4: Shit, there's there's okay or okay, the second and third one. I could potentially switch, but I'm fuck I shouldn't have said that. The goddamn first one is going to be the true. No, I'm locking them in.
Speaker 3: Okay. So first one Halloween false, second one, Wizard of Oz false, final one Devil's Footprints false.
Speaker 5: I mean true.
Speaker 3: Okay is that your final answer?
Speaker 4: Yes, I've walked them in.
Speaker 3: Okay, Let's start one by one here. Let's start with the Halloween mass of nineteen sixty two. Okay, it is false.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, We're off to a good start here. I'm glad that one's false.
Speaker 3: Okay, so it has been proven to be false. Let's start with debunking it a little bit here. So there is no evidence of any sort of massacre ever occurring on Halloween in the United States in nineteen sixty two. There is no report of this ever happening. No murders occurred that night in the States that year, oh w or massacre of that sort Okay.
Speaker 5: I was just like, are you sure.
Speaker 3: That photo I showed you not a photoshop photo, a very real photo. I don't know who the fuck is in that photo. I don't know where they pulled it from, but it's just some photo that a story got tacked onto.
Speaker 5: Oh really, So.
Speaker 3: It's a very real photo of very real people from an older time in a Halloween party or something, and it's just this urban legend got tacked to it.
Speaker 4: And here I'm like, that shit's photoshop.
Speaker 3: I know, right. And some of the things that they really point to it being false is you have a bunch of people inside a building okay, yeah, and it's locked from the inside.
Speaker 4: That did kind of like I was like, how did that happen? But I mean, like you can plan st it ahead, I guess, but.
Speaker 3: You'd have to barricade. And after barricading like that, people are going to notice you're barricading fucking all the doors and shit.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Also, there was approximately twenty people in there, and they none of them took down this individual.
Speaker 4: And I thought of that too, because I was like, it's just one person, but you have heard of worse things. I mean, you're caught off guard, like you've had some drinks.
Speaker 5: Yeap, you know.
Speaker 3: And then no one else escaped through this window, right, just just this guy, people.
Speaker 5: Even though the window had been noticed.
Speaker 3: Yes, and then also finally seven years later, finding the mask in a wooded area. Even if you do, how are you going to identify that's actually correlated to the murder?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I did think that was a bit odd.
Speaker 3: Someone's gonna be like, oh, here's a piece of cloth turf that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, would it have even survived that long?
Speaker 3: Exactly? So that one has been debunked. It is just that an urban legend.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm at least a thirty three at least.
Speaker 3: Yes, Okay, So now we're going to tackle the Wizard of Oz.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm very intrigued here.
Speaker 3: The Wizard of Oz is drum roll.
Speaker 5: False, Yes, holy shit, I'm the bomb.
Speaker 3: Well done, well done. So yes, the Wizard of Oz has had many reports of horrific conditions for filming. I haven't gone through and checked all the sources for those other prior stories. I haven't done my research on those whatsoever. But I have heard tales, specifically one of the Witch and the Lion. I do know that some of those events are true, but I don't know to what degree.
Speaker 4: I have heard something about the tin Man too, because I think there's been podcasts, true crame podcasts that have covered the Wizard of Oz.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think so. Yeah. However, the hanging munchkin in the trees, it is a very real shot that is definitely in the movie. However, it is not a munchkin hanging in the trees.
Speaker 5: Okay, what is it?
Speaker 3: Apparently they had very real birds and animals walking through the forest.
Speaker 5: That is on set. Humongous bird.
Speaker 3: It was like some sort of crane.
Speaker 5: Are you fucking me dead serious?
Speaker 4: That's I was gonna say more terrifying, but not, it's not more terrifying, but that's terrifying to run into a bird that size.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a big old fucking crane, the rope that's the bird's neck.
Speaker 4: Good God, and they're just like skipping it down that I would be running.
Speaker 3: Well, and if you look at the shots, everyone is facing directly towards what would have been the acclaimed body. Yeah, they would have seen it. Yeah, No one freaked out.
Speaker 4: So they just it was a bird and it's just like they're just here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they've been seeing these birds all around set and it's just no there, it is over there. Cool.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 3: So this urban legend was born of what is a bird silhouette has been turned into someone committed suicide. No one has committed suicide on set.
Speaker 4: I am like, I'm just tickled pink with myself here.
Speaker 3: I'm good.
Speaker 4: I'm very like, are you surprised by this? I had some Okay, I'm just gonna say I had some very logical explanations to my answers too.
Speaker 3: You did, you did?
Speaker 5: And maybe not the last one that might be just lucky.
Speaker 3: I threw in some hints there to help push you in the right direction. If I'm being.
Speaker 4: Honest, Oh sure, and I'll give me the full credit here.
Speaker 3: And to be fair, I also threw in curveballs to throw you off. Okay, okay, for some of the curveballs I threw in to throw you off are exactly showing you the.
Speaker 5: Pictures right in the video. That one, yes, got me.
Speaker 3: So the thing that I put in there to help push you in the right direction was a little bit more details as far as metrics in the Devil's foot prints, the distant the stride distance, the footprint size, the exact date, February eighth and ninth. I never gave any other exact date, well other than Halloween, I guess technically, Oh okay, I never did say the location of the Halloween massacre. Just in the States, this one is in Devon County. Oh so I got I got a little more specific on some of it.
Speaker 5: I could make it a bit more believable. Yeah, but also like what the shit was that no one knows?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So the Devil's footprints. It's a very real case. It's very it's documented, though there isn't much document on it. There are no photographs. It is a case that has occurred. However, some dispute the fact I'm actually walking up to one hundred miles because who fucking knows. No one actually walked the entire distance in a day to take to check it out, right, Okay, yeah, but there are some accounts of it being something else, or theories of.
Speaker 5: It anyways, like a baby goat.
Speaker 3: Just kidding, I mean kind of, you're not too far off.
Speaker 5: Oh okay.
Speaker 3: I didn't actually write down the theories on my notes here. I got to open up Wikipedia because they had all the pretty much all the theories just boom right then, and there. Okay, so the theories they have mice like a hopping mouse, like a pack rat of some sort, a kangaroo apparently, wow badgers, so basically different animals of sorts. However, a lot of these it's like, I don't know if I'm convinced, especially the report saying going straight across the river, going straight over walls into courtyards, up onto a roof. If an animal is doing that, they're not gonna be going straight line, just gonna be weaving back and forth. And like I say, a deer is just gonna go walk and chill, right.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah you think that it would just it would pick an easier route and just go around the buildings and stuff if it could, right rather than up top them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that does seem a bit odd.
Speaker 3: It does. Now. The one interesting theory that is written here and I'm going to read it for batim right off here of Wikipedia, so don't get at me for copyright stuff here, but it is a balloon.
Speaker 5: A balloon.
Speaker 3: A balloon is the theory. However, this is eighteen fifty five, so I don't know. But there is someone who suggested that an experimental balloon released by mistake from Devenport Dockyard had left the mysterious tracks by trailing two shackles at the end of its mooring ropes. Okay, yeah, so that's a bit of an interesting thing.
Speaker 4: I gonna say no, because I also feel like it would have popped. It wouldn't have been able to travel, Like, what kind of what is this balloon made of? Especially going through the what did you call it, the like tunnel.
Speaker 3: Thing, the fourrange pipe, the drainage pipe. Yeah, I don't think anything would have gone through the drainage pipe unless it is some sort of like demon or something. I think it would have just been like, oh, look it went through his pipe when actually it just went over top.
Speaker 5: Humhmm.
Speaker 4: That's my real inter sometimes the things that people come up with, I mean, like you never know, you never know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but so the Devil's footprints is actually documented. Okay, it is the true tale to our three urban legends.
Speaker 4: Wow, Okay, everyone's gonna have to let us know they did. Like this is just this one is just so fun, Like I'm obsessed with this. The thing is Okay, if I were to do this one, yeah, you would for sure pass. You don't know that maybe it should be my goal next year. Do it where Ben cannot succeed.
Speaker 3: Maybe we should each do it and see how we can can score against the other.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, let us know.
Speaker 4: Let us know how you think what we should do or should this just be a Ben tradition.
Speaker 3: I don't think it should. I think it's got to be fair. It's got to be fair.
Speaker 5: Well, you're like, I'm missing out you vomo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wanted I want to guess. I want to have that fun. But yeah, us hit us up on Instagram, Facebook messages or whatever. You can shoot us an email. Heead over to our website and contact us through there. Let us know what you think, if what we should do for next year on these urban legend stories.
Speaker 4: But you know what I just had of the realization that I haven't even posted about Bella Kiss, So.
Speaker 3: Wow, I will be going.
Speaker 5: And doing that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go do it right now. Yeah, by the time you're listening to it, if Nicole still hasn't posted, give or shit.
Speaker 5: Yeah I need that.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, thank you for stopping by, Thank you for listening to this case. Hopefully you enjoyed it. Hopefully you had the luck that Nicole had or the skill.
Speaker 5: The skill I was gonna be like Luck.
Speaker 3: That was all skilled, the skill Nicole had. And hopefully you've been enjoying Halloween Week and hopefully we'll see you tomorrow for some more epic Halloween content, because Halloween isn't too far away.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the countdown is on, it is.
Speaker 3: We got a lot more coming, so stay tuned and until then, stay wicked.