Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 2: Come on, good morning. This is Ed McMahon. I now, ladies and gentlemen, yup, Pee, I'm here.
Speaker 3: Rid.
Speaker 4: Okay, wakey, wakey, hands off those Cupcakey's rot Ryan Show. Check it in throw Back Thursday, Huge Morning Today.
Speaker 2: You'll be voting all morning long on the Throwback.
Speaker 4: Thursday song check Abby going back at the fresh out of bed, head to head. She's played before, she's not made it five in a row. She's going for win number two today. Got some Monster Jam tickets in there for you. A two hundred dollars Academy Sports and Outdoors gift card.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll have that for you.
Speaker 4: On the fun Fact Flashback Breaking Benjamin staying Daughtry tickets.
Speaker 2: At seven to twenty read my lips. The boys are at it again.
Speaker 4: Alex takes on Chile at a twenty for ACL three day weekend passes. Send me your words, email me Rod at theebuzz dot com.
Speaker 2: Alternative Income is back.
Speaker 4: Chance to win one thousand dollars coming to wait around nine ten.
Speaker 2: That's a national contest.
Speaker 4: And then, of course we've got Rob Ryan Show twenty tenniversary party tickets for a.
Speaker 2: One lucky listener today.
Speaker 4: One of you part of the family, joins us at the hottest party in town.
Speaker 2: We'll have those for you on Know the show. Nothing over at.
Speaker 4: Ten percent chance rain, sunny skies, high of ninety two. Kind of a carbon copy of what you saw yesterday. Good morning, Tessa. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 5: Hey, Good morning Rod, Good morning a homeroom. So, the death toll has risen to at least one hundred and ninety in the Southeast, one hundreds still missing after Hurricane Helen. You had both President Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris making visits to some of these Southeast areas affected by Helene. But it's still a majority of the fatalities counted there. Property damage estimated to be in the billions of dollars. So there's been talk for months about the funding levels of the Federal Emergency Management Agency. I'm talking about FEMA. We'll be chatting about that this morning. Also yesterday, if you were in the area, you might have in the Galleria area Posto Hotel, you might have said, Okay, what's going on there, what's the big deal?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Traffic, big traffic, big traffic. Former President Trump.
Speaker 5: Is He's expected to campaign in Michigan today, but he made a pretty quiet stop in Houston for a fundraiser right at the Posto Hotel yesterday. So the event was hosted by some of Texas's biggest Republican donors, including Tilman Fertita, who owns a Posto Hotel, Hillcorp. Energy founder Jeff Hildebrand, and healthcare.
Speaker 2: Executive Clive Field.
Speaker 5: So this fundraiser was expected to raise over five million dollars and, like I said, kind of a hush hut situation.
Speaker 2: Didn't see a lot of pub on it. But we know now that that's what was going on.
Speaker 5: These strike by US DOC workers appears to be prompting some panic buying. The strike has closed down ports along the East Coast and the Gulf of Mexico, leaving thousands of shipping containers on the docks. But Americans are panic buying toilet paper again because of the port strike, and experts.
Speaker 2: Say there's no reason to do that.
Speaker 5: Over ninety percent of the toilet paper that we use comes from right here in the United States, or it comes from Canada or Mexico.
Speaker 2: Toilet paper is.
Speaker 5: Not one of the things shipped in on boats.
Speaker 2: So FYI, guys, FYI.
Speaker 4: So check the label. Anything you need that says made in China. Panic buy that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go. We don't put the toilet paper and stuff. I must look like a psycho.
Speaker 4: I bought like a big toilet paper and a big paper towel yesterday. Really not for these reasons at all. I wasn't he you were just out if.
Speaker 2: You bought right six of them. But yeah, no palettes.
Speaker 4: I wonder if somebody was judging. I'm sure they were.
Speaker 5: Seventy seven year old Elton John jokes that there's not much of him left literally after having different medical procedures over the years. He was screening his documentary Never Too Late, and he like, I don't have tonsils, adenoids and appendix. I don't have a prostate. I don't have a right hip. I don't have a left knee or a right knee. In fact, the only thing left to me is my left hip. But I'm still here and I can't thank you enough. You're the people that made me. I love Elton John. His movie, Elton John Never Too Late Well hit select theaters November fifteenth, and you can stream it starting December thirteenth on Disney Plus.
Speaker 2: Okay, another catalog.
Speaker 5: Has been sold, this one for four hundred million dollars. Pink Floyd selling their music, catalog and name and likeness rights all to Sony Music for four hundred mil. David Gilmore had been talking about wanting to do it because he started of having to.
Speaker 2: Deal with Roger Waters.
Speaker 5: So they're finally free of each other and a cataloget is sold.
Speaker 2: Those are Houston said.
Speaker 4: I was surprised that that. I thought they would have got more. Bruce Springsteen got five hundred mil. Kiss got three, So they're in the middle. Floyd is huge worldwide, They're globally huge. I think they retained the publishing. I don't know what all that means, but but the songs and all of that stuff they did sell, so but I think they probably could have got more. I don't think they gave up every single thing, Okay, but four hundred million dollars guys, crazy?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: What you got over there?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 7: The Astros season came to win end yesterday. They lost the Tigers five to two and were swept out of the wild card round. They took a two one lead in the seventh inning, but a four run eighth by the Tigers.
Speaker 2: Ended up being the difference of the game. Still a great season by the Astros.
Speaker 7: They were down I think ten games at one point for the division and they came back won the division. It'll be the first time since twenty sixteen that they haven't been any alds, but it was a fair run.
Speaker 1: In some other.
Speaker 2: Baseball news, the Royals and Padres slept their.
Speaker 7: Wild card series yesterday to advance.
Speaker 2: To the next round.
Speaker 7: Brewers beat the Mets five to three to four of Game three in that series. They'll play that game tonight at six. You can watch it at ESPN on Thursday Night Football. We got Kirk Cousins and the Falcons hosting Baker Mayfield and the Buccaneers. Falcons come into this one as two point favorites. Kickoff is at seven to fifteen. You can watch it on Prime Video. That's going on Sports Here we go.
Speaker 2: Four hours of pain starts right now.
Speaker 4: You want the first phone call, It could be all yours.
Speaker 2: Honey, you want to get the show started this morning.
Speaker 4: I'd love to hear from you seven one three, two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 2: Always like to.
Speaker 4: Chat with you right off the top of the show, to set the tone, to set the pace for what's going to be a very very busy Throwback Thursday. Some of you emailing me already, Thank you very much. Give me those word suggestions. We're playing Read my Lips at eight twenty. Get out there and vote for your Throwback Thursday song Chile.
Speaker 2: I see has that on Links and Guests already. Okay, let's go.
Speaker 4: Phone lines are open seven one three two, win two five, nine four five. The most interactive show on the radio starts right now ninety four or five The buzz Incubus.
Speaker 8: Nice to know you.
Speaker 2: Rod Ryan's Show, just getting.
Speaker 4: Things underway for a Throwback Thursday edition of your rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: Thank you for being up dark and early with us today.
Speaker 4: I know we are all excited when we get up in the morn and.
Speaker 2: You walk outside, you open the door, it's seventy three degrees. You're thinking fall is here, don't you worry?
Speaker 4: Ninety two today and Sonny, okay, that's what's gonna be happening later on.
Speaker 2: But no rain, so that's good news. You know the lineup for today I mentioned Throwback Thursday.
Speaker 4: I need you to vote. I need you to go to Links and Guests. We'll talk about the songs that are in there. There's some good ones we've been rocking out lately. I throwback Thursday and I like it. I'm here for that. I'm always here for rocking out. Today sticks to graand Thursday. I'm sure that's gonna be the number one link. Oh, today's the day we play Read my lips. I was wondering why all these strange emails were coming in with these weird words, and then I realized it's Thursday. The Voice are at it again. Alex takes on Chile, The Twins go at it at a twenty Read my lips. I need your word suggestions. You need to email me Rod at the Buzz dot com. What are they playing for or what are they playing to win you? ACL three day weekend passes huge, huge, huge price.
Speaker 2: I got my boobs rock.
Speaker 4: Merchandise yesterday, got my new shirt on today.
Speaker 2: I'm very excited about it. Can you do you know where? You know where I you know? I lift logos and stuff? You have any idea where I got that from? Any idea or that? Not at one a clue. It looks like.
Speaker 4: Nothing not leaving any anything, guys. It's Aerosmith. Yeah yeah, okay, yeah, I mean with the retirement of Aerosmith. We thought maybe we would do something like that. I was surprised more people didn't call me out on the Lincoln Park rip off, you know, ripping from the headlines, the rod Ryan Show, stealing logos from the headlines. But yeah, new merchandise, Please go and check that stuff out. I would love to have you hit up the Boobs Rock Store. And then, of course tonight, I'm going to be out at that porky'st place up on a task a seed a road that is in Humble and I'm there from seven to nine. I'm getting more emails about this thing. I'm not worried. I'm more excited than anything that it's going to be a madhouse tonight. Man, I'm excited to see you guys up there. It sounds like you're a lot of you are coming out.
Speaker 6: It's not time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 2: Do do Kelly got through first?
Speaker 9: Hi?
Speaker 4: Kelly, Hi, Rid Kelly, Kelly, Kelly, Kelly, Kelly, how are you?
Speaker 10: I'm great? How are you? I finally got through?
Speaker 4: You did finally get through? You know what I just I want to answer you. I'm in a great mood this morning. Okay, I am in a killer mood today. I'm so excited about today's show and then all the events that are happening later on tonight.
Speaker 2: How are you.
Speaker 10: I'm doing well. I'm in a great mood too. It's sixty eight degrees south to like tast to go to work, so great mood.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was telling it.
Speaker 4: We're sitting at around seventy two here in the beautiful crime free Galleria area, and you wake up and you're falsely led to believe that, hey, maybe fall is here, but it's not low nineties.
Speaker 10: Right, Yeah, it's a dry heat.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What do you so? You said you're up earlier on You're on your way to work. Baby, What do you do?
Speaker 10: I manage a wellness center in Lake Jackson, Okay?
Speaker 4: And do you live in Lake Jackson or are you going to make the drive?
Speaker 10: I live in Alvin.
Speaker 2: So how long does it take you to get to work?
Speaker 10: Thirty minutes. I listen to you every single day. I've been listening for almost twenty years.
Speaker 2: Not quite.
Speaker 10: I'm super sad I can't go to the show and to the party because I have a very important event, but I would love to be there, and I'm just heartbroken about it.
Speaker 2: Man, I was just about to give you tickets too. I know you were not a lie. You know, if you're up early. You know.
Speaker 4: I never attach a giveaway to the first phone call because I wanted to be pure.
Speaker 2: I wanted to be just. I really want that first phone call just to be hey, what's going on? That type of thing.
Speaker 4: If I started attaching tickets to it, that would.
Speaker 2: Be the only reason why people would call.
Speaker 4: So I like to hear from like one of you first thing in the morning. And Kelly, I've really enjoyed talking to you this morning. Thank you for getting to started y'all too.
Speaker 10: Thank you, Rod y'all have a great day, Okay, thank you.
Speaker 4: Be safe out there on the road on your way down to Lake Jackson.
Speaker 2: Quick break.
Speaker 4: When we come back at ARECT check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the game.
Speaker 2: Buzz, Rock and Alter.
Speaker 6: The Rod Ryan Morning Show. I'm six to ten AM.
Speaker 4: Ninety four five the Buzz Welcome Back rod Ryan Show, six twenty two. On this throwback Thursday, I'm just going through a bunch of emails here, lots of words coming through for the eight to twenty read my lips game some fun words. You guys don't miss a beat. I'll say that you make me. You make me smile every morning, that's for sure. Sunny skuys today ten percent Chancer rain highs up around ninety two. Tessa's going to tell us what's trending.
Speaker 5: Well, I think we all are feeling a little bit weird that the Astros aren't going to be playing baseball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do I do with Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, since I've moved here, this is never happened to me personally, and I think everyone.
Speaker 2: Just needs some time to absorb that.
Speaker 5: You know what, next year Opening Day twenty twenty five, let's get excited about it.
Speaker 2: But it was the tweet.
Speaker 5: It was the tweet from Bregman after the game, thank you Houston, because he's the one that is the question mark. Is he a free agent? Will he become a free agent? Is he like leaving us? You know, he's been such a huge part of this city and that roster for us. So Alex Bregman says thank you, Houston, and it's being liked and retweeted and commented on all over X. So the Astros are definitely trending here in the city. Yeah, It's the biggest story probably right now. Also, Happy Mean Girls dates all who celebrate on October third.
Speaker 2: He asked me what day it was. It's October third.
Speaker 5: That is going to be trending all day because I will make sure of it.
Speaker 2: I love that movie. Another thing that is trending is.
Speaker 5: The Jason Kelsey says, su for real, Jason Kelsey and Stevie Nicks are collaborating on a holiday album.
Speaker 2: Now, he always kind of does this for charity.
Speaker 5: He records and releases Christmas special songs. But he says that Stevie Nicks is going to collab with him and maybe even Travis's girlfriend will get.
Speaker 2: On a future album.
Speaker 4: I'm done with the Kelsey's, I really am.
Speaker 2: I'm sick of them oversatur Yeah, even the furry one that doesn't play anymore. He seems like a nice guy. That's what I'm talking about. I know, I just I'm done with his commercials. I'm done.
Speaker 4: He was sitting at the table, I think last Sunday, and as they're getting ready to go to the game, He's like, enjoy my.
Speaker 2: Commercials, you know, because he knows he's got ten of them that.
Speaker 5: Are gonna be airing I'm paying him. Those brands are paying him. He's gonna take the money.
Speaker 2: Done, the money with all things, Kelsey, the mom, all of them. I'm done. Okay, that's what's trying to five of us. Good morning everybody. This is Abby and I am back into I re seat. I am your crush out of bed head to head day one. Can't be join me on six Thursday when I make it win number two seven one three two two. If you want a player.
Speaker 12: The rod Ryan.
Speaker 13: Show Celebrating twenty years ninety four five, The Bus.
Speaker 2: Come Up ninety four five, The Buzz. Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Foo Fighters My Hero Throwback Thursday. Have you cast your vote yet?
Speaker 4: Well, I would appreciate that if you would get in there. We can do song clips after seven, okay, so do that. We can discuss the music that is available for you to vote on this morning. Lots of stuff on links and guests, and I'm really gonna push you today hard on The rod Ryan Show Cares online store because.
Speaker 2: I already got my boob Rock merchandise. Baby, I got my boob Rock shirt on today.
Speaker 4: You can go check that out as you're some of you are watching us live right now on the camera feed, Facebook Live, and on YouTube. You can get to those things at Rod Ryan's show. I'd appreciate you giving us a follow on the uh well on all that stuff. You should be following us on all the I'd love for you to follow us on all the social media business. Son, these guys today ten percent chance of rain hiph ninety two and now each time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge, Listeners to your corners.
Speaker 2: Okay, ba ba ba ba ba ba.
Speaker 12: Ba ba ba ba Babby Abby, hebby Abby Abby.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Hi, how are you?
Speaker 10: I'm good?
Speaker 2: Going for win number two? Yes, sir, don't f it up. I'll try not to. You know who's trying to mess you up? David, David morning. You're telling me that you think you could beat Abby. I got this, He's got this, Tessa, Okay, this I don't know. We'll see, okay, David. When was the last time you played? I played in the first game of the year this year? Yeah, did you win? I got day three?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: All right, all right, well David, good to have you back on. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer. You're playing for this?
Speaker 5: Oh, I have a four pack of tickets with pit passes to Monster Jam. This is going down at NRG October nineteenth.
Speaker 4: Guys, that's coming up very soon. That's coming up real soon. We're listening for David. We're listening for Abby. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer? Question number one? What is the name of the toy cowboy in toy story? Abbie?
Speaker 2: Abby? What is the correct answer? Morning Woody?
Speaker 1: Sorry?
Speaker 2: Wha that Caley? That really fell out of my mouth. I didn't Okay, snap into it, Abby, and David, David, you said you got this. I believe that was your quote. I got this? You didn't have it?
Speaker 3: Question?
Speaker 4: Okay, Well you better hope. It's two more questions.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go. What color is the leather jacket Michael Jackson.
Speaker 1: Wears in the.
Speaker 2: Abby Red in the Thriller video? It is red? Congratulations, He's wearing a white jacket on the cover of that album.
Speaker 4: So specific the Thriller video, he's wearing the red jacket. Maybe the greatest video of all time. Still still yeah, Abby, David?
Speaker 2: Did you just did you say I got this?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 2: You miss hurting good stuff? All right?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You just no, you just denied denied, No, I never said that. All right, bye, David, Abby, you want to play tomorrow? Yes game today? Good job at Scary The Ron Ryan Show, Allowing dry the Buzz, ninety four or five The Buzz, Good morning Rot Ryan's Show. That's green Day. What if we talk about yesterday?
Speaker 4: Oh, they're no longer being played on Las Vegas radio stations. They said, hey, you're going to talk bad about our city, We're not going to play you on our radio stations. I'm standing by those radio stations in Las Vegas. You can't go bad mouthing a whole city and then expect us to like du I mean I we're doing the bands a favor by playing them.
Speaker 2: On the radio.
Speaker 4: Okay, they're not doing us a favor. We're doing them the favor. So I stand by those stations. I don't know who they're owned by. I don't care if it's other companies or whatever.
Speaker 2: I'm with them. Okay, sunny skies today, no rain highs up around ninety two. Bring that champion over here, fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Here's your current champion. Good morning, everybody, This is Abby. You're fresh out of bed head to head. Say you champions. You heard it, two questions to Auntie. Looks like I got it. Oh, join me on her free beer Friday when I make you win number three? Is she throwing smoke? Yeah? You Pugh shot fired? Is she throwing smoke over there? Looks like I got it?
Speaker 8: I love it.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: We're gonna get to that Academy Sports and Outdoors gift card. Twenty years, twenty days, all that good stuff.
Speaker 2: But first, it's the fuck.
Speaker 13: That's the day we make you look smart and your buddy this the FuG that's the day.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure who has the record. It might be my friend Hal, but I may have ordered just one more just so that I could have the record. I may have ordered one more than yours.
Speaker 14: What is it?
Speaker 4: It's after Buzzfest. It's shots of Southern comfort and lime. Hal may have ordered eighteen once, and I may have ordered nineteen one time.
Speaker 2: We lost track.
Speaker 4: The reason I bring that up is because Merle Haggard, the Old Country Guy, set a Guinness World record for buying the largest round of drinks. He bought five thousand, ninety five cc water backs for a crowd at Billy Bob's honky Tonk here in Texas back in nineteen eighty two.
Speaker 2: Wow, any idea? Maybe you would know what a CC waterback is.
Speaker 4: It was a song that he had. I guess CC crown Canadian Crown, Canadian Club whiskey CC water back.
Speaker 2: So it's just a Canadian club whiskey with some water to chase it down. He had a song.
Speaker 4: The round of shots cost him then twelve seven hundred and thirty seven dollars. That's worth that's forty thousand dollars in today's money.
Speaker 2: Round of Shots.
Speaker 4: Merle Haggard winner, Yeah, next up. The first recorded F word in human history was fifteen twenty eight, when a monk wrote it in the margins of a book to express how much he disliked an abbot.
Speaker 2: That is, I don't know what an abbot is.
Speaker 4: I know, yeah, I know who our abbot is, but I don't know he didn't like an abbot in a book.
Speaker 2: Help to look that up.
Speaker 4: They've been slinging the F word since the fifteen hundreds. FCC should give us at least one a year. FCC, she give us one a year each.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's fair. You know what I mean? Is any of these guys is Collin all Red running on that like, I want to give radio guys. I see his commercial on right now. I want to give radio guys one f word a year. Abbot, by the way, is the head of an abbey of monks.
Speaker 4: Oh, okay, he disliked an abbit. He didn't like his superiod didn't like his boss shocker. Every year has at least one Friday the thirteenth. About eleven percent of years have three of them. In twenty twenty six, it's gonna be one of those triple years. This year has two September and December.
Speaker 2: That's neat. And I guess today's Mean Girls Day.
Speaker 15: Yeah, because she says the date in the movie, is that what it is? Her crush asks her what date it is, and she gives them the date. It's October third, and then that's it. That's the end of the transaction. And now it's mean Girl's Day.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's the fuck backs to the day. We make you look smart and everybody, it's the fuck that's to the day. How about that Merle Haggard.
Speaker 1: Girl, Mean Girl tests?
Speaker 2: All right, what you give it away?
Speaker 5: I have two hundred dollars. How I'm not that meant Academy gift card they're they're nice. They're celebrating twenty years of the Rod Ryan Show in Houston.
Speaker 2: So someone gets two hundred bucks if they know the backfat.
Speaker 3: All right, it's your fun bash.
Speaker 2: What actress was says here? Literally vacuum sealed into her costume seven one three.
Speaker 4: I need the actress's name seven one three two one two five nine four five maybe the best to ever do it.
Speaker 12: It's now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain Cash.
Speaker 2: Okay, bro, I'll be doing washing yesterday. Not too bad.
Speaker 1: The Dow is up thirty nine points.
Speaker 16: Kick off this morning at forty two ninety six NASDAC gain fourteen to seventeen nine twenty five Bench martin your treasury that's trading at a three point eight one percent. In oil stands at seventy one dollars fifty three cents of barrel to. The most active is the Big Studs Salesforce, United Health on Amex, the Big Dud's, Nike, Murk and Intel on the economic calendar.
Speaker 1: This morning, we'll get numbers on orders for August right now.
Speaker 16: Futures they are on the downside.
Speaker 1: Come on, let's turn this baby at her round.
Speaker 16: That's hell had manage the director with the Ramon James Porter for the Rod Round Show from Ramony James On, Saint feliep and the Gustagnificant Toys Rock Out with your stock out.
Speaker 17: Opinions expressed are those of Aland and not necessarily those are Raymon James Associates. Thank Come Ever, NYC, AS, IBC, I ART Radio or sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission.
Speaker 6: We'll continue.
Speaker 17: This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end. This programs are educational and informational services on the studs of duds are based on movement as reported by.
Speaker 2: Young Finance ninety four or five. The Buzz Welcome Back Rod Ryan Show. David, good morning, Laurie, good morning.
Speaker 4: What actress was literally vacuum sealed into her costume?
Speaker 2: Who was it? Michelle? Michelle Fiber? Yeah, you're right, I don't know either. There was a big battle of the hottest cat. She's up there for sure. Yeah.
Speaker 4: In Batman Returns, she was vacuum sealed into that costume. Congratulations dude, Uh yeah, Thank you twenty days celebrating twenty years a two hundred dollars Academy Sports and Outdoors gift card.
Speaker 2: Bro, it is yours man. Thank you for being up and being a great part of home room.
Speaker 6: Dude.
Speaker 2: Hey yeah, thank you, Bro. Have a great day, David, you rule enjoy that gift card too.
Speaker 4: Three days Grace ninety four five Devise come on ninety four or five Buzz, Good.
Speaker 2: Morning rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 4: On this Throwback Thursday, you guys are doing a great job of sending me word suggestions. Read my lips is coming up at eight twenty, we're gonna do song clips Throwback Thursday.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about what you're voting on. We'll take a look at an update all that stuff.
Speaker 4: Shortly after seven o'clock Breaking Benjamin Staying Daughtry tickets today on the show at seven twenty The Rod Ryan Show twenty anniversary party tickets. Those are on no the show. And you know we've got a big party tonight. I want to talk about that too. Porky's Backyard coming up.
Speaker 2: To Mumble tonight. Give away some tickets. Tessa Houston headlines Please.
Speaker 5: President Joe Biden is visiting Georgia. Today to survey hurricane damage. It comes a week after Helene made landfall in Florida. As a devastating category for hurricane, The death toll stands at at least one hundred and ninety people across the southeast, with hundreds of people that are still unaccounted for. Officials say they're expecting only a limited impact on the drug supply chain from this week's port strike. The International Long Shorman's Association went on strike on Tuesday after failing to reach an agreement with the US Maritime Alliance, particularly on increase wages. So we're going to see the we're gonna continue to see some of that backfall from that. The strike has closed down these ports along the East Coast and then the Gulf of Mexico. That has left thousands of shipping containers right there on the docks. They just are idling. They're idling offshore. So those are the big serious stories.
Speaker 2: Are we in an episode of Black Mirror right now?
Speaker 5: Because there is a clip going viral of two AI generated podcasters hosting a show. So they're fake people and they have a full on existential crisis when they find out, well, crap, we're not real people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm smelling a rat. Here. Let's take a listen.
Speaker 9: We're informed by by the show's producers that we were not human, we're not real, we're AI, artificial intelligence. This whole time, everything, all our memories are families paid, it's all, it's all been fabricated.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't understand. I know, mean neither. I tried.
Speaker 9: I tried calling my wife, you know, after what happened, the number, it wasn't even real. There was no one on the other end.
Speaker 6: Don't. I don't know what to say.
Speaker 2: We don't even know if we'ze even the right word.
Speaker 4: God, this is so messed up, and it kind of cuts off in the middle. You can listen to the whole thing. But the guy I'm let to believe that this AI person doesn't know that they're not real. I'm smelling a rat.
Speaker 15: I know.
Speaker 2: I'm not believing this at all.
Speaker 5: Well, someone's either writing a script or chat GVT's writing a script.
Speaker 2: So however, it's gonna figure out that it's not real for real, and then they're gonna kill us.
Speaker 5: So it's always a possibility. Jelly Roll was a musical guest this past weekend on SNL and a lot of people were wondering if he was going to test out his comedy acting chops. Turns out he did film a skit, but it was cut for time. Now that happens a lot because SNL is live. His scene was the one that got cut. But thankfully he.
Speaker 4: Was probably so nervous he was probably freaked out. Well, I think it was one of those pre recorded ones. It might have been five six minutes long.
Speaker 5: So we have the clip because they did release it to their YouTube account, and it is long. I mean it runs over six minutes, so it makes sense why they had to cut it. It is funny if you want to go to links and guests. I believe they were doing like a Game of Thrones prequel, but instead it was called Blonde Dragon People. Andy Samberg's in it. Jelly Roll showed up as Lord as the ring characters, but then quickly realized like, oh crap, this is the wrong show. So I don't yet, I haven't seen any of that.
Speaker 2: I'm dying to see it. Okay.
Speaker 5: Oasis is going to tour North America and they announced more shows, so we know that they're going to play Toronto, Chicago, They're going to be in New Jersey East Rutherford and they'll be in La and then Mexico City. So they're going to play like two nights in Mexico City. I told you that's going to be the closest.
Speaker 4: One to us, and that's going to be September twelfth and September thirteenth. So in addition to adding a couple of extra dates like doubling up in cities like Los Angeles and you mentioned Mexico City, they.
Speaker 2: Gave us the dates of both shows. Now that's right.
Speaker 4: No tickets on sale, yeat or anything. They're just hey, clear your schedule, guys, which I'm schedule clearing right now.
Speaker 5: Well, this August twenty fourth one very close to your birthday. It is in Toronto, which is your home country of Canada, and I think that would be a good birthday present for yourself.
Speaker 4: They're playing the twenty fourth and the twenty fifth in Toronto.
Speaker 2: There you go. Here you go. Said, that's big, it's a big deal, guys. All right, your turn. Yeah, well sorry.
Speaker 7: Astro's season came to an end yesterday. The lost the Tigers five to two. It were swept out of the wild card round. Still a great season by the Strows. It'll be the first time since twenty sixteen that they haven't been in an Alds, which is a hell of a run.
Speaker 2: And some other baseball news. Royals and Padres slept their.
Speaker 7: Wildcard series yesterday to advance.
Speaker 2: To the next round. Brewers beat the Mets five to three to four seed game three in that series.
Speaker 7: They're gonna play that game tonight at six and you can watch it on ESPN On Thursday Night Football. We've got Kirk Cousins and the Falcons hosting Baker Mayfield and the Buccaneers. Falcons come into this one as two point favorites. Kickoff is at seven fifteen and you can watch it on Prime Video. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 8: The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 2: The Buzz, ninety four to five The Buzz, Good Morning.
Speaker 4: Rod Ryan Show, Nirvana Lithium, Welcome to the seventh Spot. As always, If you're carrying over from homeroom, thank you very much. If you're just joining us, wakey, wakey, hands off those cupcakes. Ten percent chance rain sunny today, highs.
Speaker 2: Up around ninety two. Did I hear it's National Boyfriend Day? You did hear that?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You don't what give your boyfriend a tuggy hikes like a lot the weekend yet, No, it's boyfriend day, so.
Speaker 4: A little tuggy today. No, you guys are all wiped up, the twins are wiped up. No tuggies for you, Yeah, boyfriends, boyfriends get tuggies today.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's fair. We'll see. Doesn't sound very good, and I will when is. We'll see. Ever turned out to be a good thing, We'll see, we'll see, we see that never translated into a positive experience. You have to wait and see. Never does that turn out locket in. You just have to wait and see how the day goes. It's kind of National tuggy Day. It's not it is. That's National boyfriend Day. Everybody knows that's tuggy Day. Her boyfriends, Alex, your a husband, Yeah, you got old husband out.
Speaker 8: Hey.
Speaker 2: The name of this band is Oleander. Remember this song.
Speaker 4: It's a good one, Futon. These guys came around to some early buzz fests, okay, and then they came around at a point where I said, where the hell.
Speaker 2: Have you been?
Speaker 4: And they were great, this is Oleander, why I'm here? And it's in last place, right now I'm throwback Thursday. You're gonna have to take my word for it. It does kick in, but it's just taken too long. It's really good.
Speaker 2: In our six it kicks in and it rocks out. All right, let's at least here like Okay, come on, I think he goes up right here.
Speaker 4: Okay, I promise he's gonna sing hard right here. Okay, I promise he kicks in.
Speaker 2: Okay, kick it right here. It's good. Huh huh, all right, I never understood this song.
Speaker 8: Descratch your record.
Speaker 2: Flow Bots handlebars so funny like this, Well, I mean I know it. Yeah, sure, sure it is.
Speaker 12: And I'm proud to be an American be and my friends are Pladipus being my friend.
Speaker 2: Comic book.
Speaker 8: You can guess how long.
Speaker 2: It's I can't do anything that I want to look. Oh, Alex is in the flowbot flow I should think this is Mike Shanda. No, they do fort minor too interesting and it sounded so similar.
Speaker 3: Phone.
Speaker 2: Oh that sell the phone. Oh that's a trumpet.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well then everything just calling to say that it's going to be a lot. This is flow bots Handlebars.
Speaker 4: Alex Oly anders in last place thirteen percent of the vote, flow bots handlebars eighteen percent of the vote.
Speaker 2: To gather the gasoline. I can make new zibiotics, I can make computer survive aquat conditions. Song like a book. He's read random sentences.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's got to be the only mention a platypus in a rock song ever with Let's check in with Rob zombies little brother Spider one. Rob Zombie's little brother is the lead singer of Powerman five thousand and this is when worlds collide. And I would almost bet that Alex has some kind of video game story about this. This had to be in video games back in the day, yes or no.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 7: I'm trying to find it, but I can't. I can't find it. But I just remember that old guy singing this song. I know it was Bodies at the Floors.
Speaker 2: That was Bodies at the Floor. Yeah, you're right, but this was around the same time. This is dominating the voting.
Speaker 4: He sounds a little like Big Bro, doesn't he? Oh yeah, sixty eight percent of the vote, currently in number one.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just because I said I don't like that dumb flobot song, people are gonna vote for it now. They like that that's how that's how I know. And then you started just reforming, rapping over it, Yeah, whole thing. Maybe be in Spider one will do it on this Oh really, I don't know the word.
Speaker 2: Sorry, that's a good guys. Sorry, all right, that's what you're voting. That's what you should be voting on right now. We should leave an option where we sing along with it. Also, here comes that chick gonging me. All right, gotta take a break on the flip. Got a w rec check for you. We'll find out what's trending. I heard she's like, did Testa say she met me? I'm the girl that gongs you every time you sing no, blocked no. She tried to tell me the story and I cut her off. Used alternatives and The rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 4: Show ninety four five, The Boss, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Throwback Thursday.
Speaker 2: Fun.
Speaker 4: Listening to those song clips today, I thought Alex would have got it.
Speaker 2: I knew that that song. I'm not the gamer, you know that, but I knew that.
Speaker 4: That song was featured in some video games Tony Hawk, pro Skater two. You must have been a pro skater one, guys. And then a lot of people said the song was the intro for WWE SmackDown Versus Raw in the mid two thousands. I don't know if that's the TV show or people are saying.
Speaker 2: Maybe that was a video game as well.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I know Spider Rob Zombi's little brother made some money on that stuff. It was definitely featured in a few other video games, probably some movies.
Speaker 2: Still in the lead too.
Speaker 4: You guys went and cast your votes and did all that thing. So that is on links and guests. What's trending?
Speaker 5: Well, you were talking about National Boyfriend Day. It definitely is that national holiday. But Lady Gaga has a fiance now and she was talking about how he proposed and she was like, he actually asked if he could propose.
Speaker 2: Before he proposed.
Speaker 5: She also says she doesn't know if the wedding will be just the two of them at a courthouse or a surface with the unicorn, So she liked that approach.
Speaker 2: She was on Jimmy Kimmel.
Speaker 5: I feel like it's something you talk about. I feel it's a case by case I don't unlike. I don't unlike any approach that because it's not it's not mine, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And it seems weird to ask.
Speaker 4: She says yes, and then you ask yeah, he was asking if he could ask, and then she said yeah, and then he asked her to marry him.
Speaker 2: It's like the whole thing is you don't know what she's going to say. You just asked no.
Speaker 5: You know, you knew when you got down on one nee to Emma, you knew what she was gonna say.
Speaker 2: It wasn't.
Speaker 1: I had a pretty good idea, but I.
Speaker 2: Was like that, You're still like, what if embarrassed? Oh God, so I think that I think that guy pushed out.
Speaker 5: Okay, if you're a SpongeBob squarepantsman, Wendy's has good views for you. They're doing a collaboration this nostalgia. They're trying to tap into the tap into this nostalgia, right, so they are doing a Crabby Patty collab cheeseburger oh that's on the that's headlining the food blog page today, and then a Pineapple under the Sea frosty that'll be available for you at Wendy's.
Speaker 2: You can go check it out on food blog page. And then did you see this? Did you see this? Doctor Mark Chravez.
Speaker 5: He's the third person to plead guilty in the death of actor Matthew Perry. I almost talked about this in Entertainment news. But he pled guilty to one count of conspiracy to distribute ketamine as a part of a plea agreement.
Speaker 2: He already like surrendered his license.
Speaker 5: This is a good looking guy, San Diego based doctor, a doctor to the selebrities.
Speaker 2: He's going to probably he's probably going to prison for ten years. That's what's trending. On ninety four five to the bus. All right, let's give away some tickets.
Speaker 5: I have breaking Benjamin Stained Special guests Daughtry and they're playing Woodland Smvillion October twenty fourth.
Speaker 2: I can't stop singing that power Man five thousand songs.
Speaker 4: I'll take color ten right now, seven, one, three, two two five, ninety four to.
Speaker 2: Five, Wake up, sleepy his rod Ryan.
Speaker 8: Folly time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well up right in on his fine fine rock toll them morning thanks to sweeping a sensation that swep in the nation, and I'm going to do it to you right yeah, right now.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Why you are listening to The rod Ryan Show on ninety four to.
Speaker 4: Five the four or five the Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Lincoln Park one step closer Rod Ryan's show on a throwback Thursday, power Man five thousand, commanding lead in the voting right now. I was worried about you guys in that silly Flowbot song.
Speaker 2: You don't worry. The people will vote for what they want. Yeah they will, or no, they will vote just to kiss me off, so I speak what is? Yeah, they will vote for what Alex tells them to vote for. It always sounds like you like that all way? Do you like that dumb handlebar song? Hear doo?
Speaker 1: Don't call me?
Speaker 2: Were heard?
Speaker 4: Don't ten percent chance of raining today? Sunny high of ninety two.
Speaker 2: Let's go over to the phones. Good morning, rod Ryan Show, Good morning, Hey, who's this this show? Sean?
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm doing great?
Speaker 6: Ron?
Speaker 2: How are y all great?
Speaker 4: Let me go cast your vote only under why I'm here power Man five thousand, When worlds collide, flow Bots, handlebars, I'll put in a vote for you.
Speaker 2: What do you want? All right? So listen.
Speaker 18: I like all of those, and I love the handlebars song, but I have to go with Powerman five.
Speaker 2: Thousand at nine thirty.
Speaker 4: That's what I want to hear, and yeah, that's what It's what most people want to hear. It's now the lead is chipping away. It's only fifty four percent of the vote right now. But uh, that's all on links and guests. So Sean, I got you covered on that and your collar ten.
Speaker 2: Good day for you.
Speaker 1: Oh mom on man, Now let's go baby.
Speaker 2: This guy wins tickets and is he going to get a song played at nine thirty? I don't know that's asking a lot.
Speaker 5: Please, Shonathan, I'm gonna give you a pair of tickets to see Breaking Benjamin Stain and special guest Johtry.
Speaker 2: Congratulations.
Speaker 1: You guys are freaking awesome.
Speaker 2: Ah, thank you, my brother hang on the phone for me, Sean Jonathan Shonathan, Yeah, sure, Shonathan of the Dead right. Okay, I have an email and I wanted to share with you guys. It's it's kind of funny. It's from Brandon, he says, brother Rod, you talked about Pink Floyd selling their catalog and I've heard you guys meant this before.
Speaker 4: I feel like the only kid in class that has no idea what you guys are talking about.
Speaker 2: Can you make me one of the cool kids? Explain to me? What does it mean when a band sells their catalog, Professor, you want to take this way, well, okay, Floyd's yours because I want to get too nerdy about it, because then I think it's a tune out for most people. But I love talking about music.
Speaker 4: On the show, Roger Waters and David Gilmour are finally free of each other. I heard Tessa mention that those are the main dudes in Pink Floyd. They sold their catalog for four hundred million dollars.
Speaker 2: What does that mean? And then you hear us talking about it.
Speaker 4: I had already mentioned Bruce Springsteen sold his catalog for five hundred Kiss sold their catalog for three hundred million dollars. Queen rumored to be given a billion dollars for their catalog. Okay, so with this one and I saw this one, I was I heard correctly that Pink Floyd did not include the publishing rights. I'm not going to get into that. But the name of the band, the likeness of the band, meaning the pictures of the guys, the album artwork, the merchandise, and the music. Okay, like the cuts that you hear on the albums, those have been sold to a corporation, and that corporation now thinks that they can issue that stuff, meaning sell it. They could use this song in a movie or in a television commercial. They think that they can make more than four hundred million dollars on the likeness and the merchandising of pink Floyd things. That's an incredible gamble, real, Yeah, it's an incredible gamble.
Speaker 2: Not if you're well connected like Sony, I guess.
Speaker 4: And when I say this, it's the music business. You got to always remember that. You and I we just want to like bands, and we just want to rock out to them and party and do all that. It's the music business. Everything dealing with the band is about money. So that dark side of the moon, which is that prism with the rainbow going through it. Okay, I see kids running around with that T shirt on. They have no idea what they're wearing. Okay, they have no idea what they're wearing.
Speaker 2: Be prepared to see that thing everywhere. Oh yeah, you know what I mean, sticker sheet. I mean there probably already are.
Speaker 7: The poster was all the naked girls that had all the album covers painted on them.
Speaker 2: That was a big college poster. Yeah, you know that interesting. So that's that's exactly what it means.
Speaker 14: It is.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about Bruce Springsteen. Five hundred million dollars, this company that bought all the Bruce Springsteen stuff. I don't know the exact I imagine there's like nuances to all of these. But you're telling this place that paid all this money for it, you can do whatever you want with our music now, if you put it in movies, if you put it in commercials, you put it in anything. Bruce, it's a buyout that the place that bought the catalog, now they recoup the money. They get the money for all that stuff. Bruce is out now is there retaining ten percent? I've heard those things in some of these deals, where okay everything or do you.
Speaker 2: Get any say at all?
Speaker 4: Listen, I hate Nike, do not put my song in a Nike commercial, But Adidas and everything else is fine.
Speaker 2: I don't like addendum addendums in contract. Yeah, but when you're talking five hundred million dollars, I think you shut up. You take your money, and then you they do whatever they want.
Speaker 4: Yeah, with your likeness, with your music and all of that, it's just it's a gamble. I don't know where the people are coming up with this kind of money, you know, do they get it all at once? Is Pink Floyd getting a four hundred million dollar check?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 4: You know, Roger Waters, David Gilmore, there's other people in the band that they got to be compensated. So those things we don't know and tomorrow knowledge when we talk about this one in particular today, Pink Floyd four hundred million, I don't know that that's documented. I think it's all every one of these publishing deals, Bob Dylan, everybody that is an old artist. They're cashing out one final time before they before they croak. It's a big cash out and it's generational wealth and it's taking care of generations of families.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this in a trust, and my family will never be hungry again.
Speaker 4: Because once they're gone, I imagine the family would take over, but they don't want the burden. Okay, let's just say Roger Waters family. I'm sure they're pretty knowledgeable about the music business, but he doesn't want to leave it to them. What are you going to do with my catalog? What are you gonna do with my music? It's one big cash out for these bands.
Speaker 2: And there's bands all the way from from Pink Floyd to zz Top.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: That they're just getting some money at the end of their careers, at the end of their lives.
Speaker 5: Well, you work a card and then you say, okay, well, like, do I want this legacy to go on? Do I want to be in charge of making all these deals? Is my management team going to find the movies and all that? And somebody's like, no, no, no, no, we have the people for that.
Speaker 2: We're gonna put every major Hollywood blockbuster. Your movie's gonna live on forever. It's a legacy this way and the other thing to think about with this and where they're going to recoup this money. It's a four hundred million dollars Are you going to make four hudred million dollars the rest of your career? If to the rest of your life and you wouldn't make that.
Speaker 4: It's one sales guy at Sony. It's one sales guy at Sony. It's like, hey, dude, we're giving you the Pink Floyd account. Go recoop four hundred million.
Speaker 2: You imagine stress. But if it includes.
Speaker 4: Holograms, which really could be These classic rock bands are no longer the classic rock bands. They're either dying off or they're just not playing anymore this hologram thing.
Speaker 2: Maybe they know something that we don't. The Sphere. Is the Sphere gonna be like the hologram place? Yes, yes, because because you have so much other stuff going on around, you know what they're doing. There's a version you can go see phony you two in the Sphere for one hundred.
Speaker 4: Bucks and all the same there's all the same graphics that are that I saw during the live show.
Speaker 2: There's little ants down there. When I went to the Sphere. Bono was an ant. I can't tell if that's really him. So do they morph into this whole hologram thing.
Speaker 7: It was just like a recorded from the sphere. Yep, Okay, yeah, I absolutely can see that that going that way.
Speaker 4: That is exactly what's going on right now with the Sphere. I guess you can go see a version of what I saw you too, for way less money.
Speaker 2: Maybe not like traveling tours and stuff like that.
Speaker 7: I feel like it'll be it'll be something like the Sphere or like like each town that has something like that will be like, come check this out, and like you can have a full week of just like hits you're playing and writing rock bands that you can have all the holograms to.
Speaker 2: That's probably what we're getting close to. And did Pink Floyd, you know, are they allowing that?
Speaker 4: You know again, like you said, addendums, there's all these little subtle differences in all the contracts.
Speaker 2: But Kiss, we know is they're full.
Speaker 4: They showed at their last concert, they showed everybody on the big screen what their holograms look like. And that looks like that's going to be the future of Kiss a hologram tour. Now, what are you and I and anybody are you going to pay for that? It's not them, Okay, you're worried.
Speaker 2: About people lip syncing. This is absolutely not even the people on stage right. So that's kind of sorry. I didn't mean it's to go that long, but that's kind of what is going on with a lot of people. Didn't know what you were like, didn't know what we meant. Yeah, it's good to educate all the publishing things. Yeah, dude, nerd out every now and then. It's fine Pink.
Speaker 4: Floyd everywhere you look. Now just look, you gotta look for it. It's ninety four or five to the bus the buzz, Good morning, Rob Ryan's Show Happy Throwback Thursday. Everybody Powerman five thousand still in the lead. You can go to the world famous Rod Ryan Show page at Thebuzz dot com and cast your vote. We got sunny Skies today ten percent chance rain Hive around ninety two. All Right, I gotta get back into enough talking about nerdy music stuff. I gotta get back into your emails. I need word suggestions, guys. Next hour we're playing Read My Lips. The boys are at it again. I got Alex taking on the Chile today and they're gonna try to win you acl three day weekend passes.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna play that game at around eight twenty.
Speaker 4: Send me your word suggestions, email me directly Rod at the Buzz dot com and then another reminder. And I'm getting a lot of emails about this. For real, I'm getting a lot of emails about this Porky's. I am at this place called Porky's today and I really do think it is going to be packed today. It's Porky's backyard, food, truck park, and bar all ages. We found out yesterday. It's dog friendly. It's an outdoor type situation, so you don't gonna be a little warm tonight. I'm there seven to nine. I'm bringing fifty pair. I'm not even joking around.
Speaker 2: That's it though. That's it.
Speaker 4: I'm not fifty one, not fifty two, not sixty fifty pair of tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twenty f anniversary party. It is not a lineup, first come, first serve situation. It is when we get there, we'll have a registration box. You will fill out an entry form and then I will draw names throughout the evening. So similar the way that I've done it.
Speaker 2: Some of you have come out to all the events that I've been out at, whether whether it was at the Home Run Dugout or at Onion Creek this past Saturday. Similar situation.
Speaker 4: Just get signed up and then we'll get your information and then we'll hopefully draw your name and you can come to the party. Fifty one thirty one a Taska seat a road in Humble Tonight.
Speaker 2: Will be there live seven to nine. You be there. Houston's Rocking Alternatives, The Rod.
Speaker 6: Riot, The Morning Show six to ten AM, ninety four Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five of the Buzz. And that's why we asked Scott Stevens from the ex sis if he could be a part of the Rod.
Speaker 4: Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party. That one's called Ugly. They got another great, brand new track that's on the air right now.
Speaker 2: Xis. Don't miss out on them, man, get there early. I just asked Wizard yesterday.
Speaker 4: If there's set times and he said no, he doesn't have any of that yet. Rosie, I imagine we'll go on first. If I had to guess, I would say Shinedown would go on last. The party is from three until ten. We're gonna not We plan on knocking off the music at around nine, So then just you shoehorn in, Shine Down, Sublime, Blue October, Theory of a Dead Man, X's and Rosie in that time. Your next chance to win tickets on air with me is on Know the Show. Last thing we do before we get out of here, we'll give you a pair of tickets and then I'm bringing fifty pair of tickets to Porky's Backyard food truck park and bar.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna try any of the food trucks? Student humbold Yeah, I want to have time. I want to time. It's gonna be busy tonight. What am I gonna do? Be stuff in my face full of streetcorn, and there's a line of people. Do you want to mind? Yeah, I go bring you something and then you're corning it with my teeth.
Speaker 4: While I'm taking pictures with people.
Speaker 2: Call it a lot, Dan, you know what it's called. All right, let's go. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 5: Some serious stuff? Okay, so there is still an extreme storm damage. President Biden will be in Georgia today. He's also scheduled to pay visits to Florida, where Helen made landfall a week ago. Gus this was just a devastating category for a hurricane, and we know that in the days since then, the Deptel has just been rising and rising and rising.
Speaker 2: And they're saying right.
Speaker 5: Now it's at least at one hundred and ninety people that have lost their lives across the southeast. There are still hundreds of people that are still unaccounted for. If you know this area, if you've ever visited Asheville, you know it's a you know, there's like a local music scene. They compared it to like the Austin of the Carolinas. Okay, now it's not as big as Austin, but there are a lot of these artsy people, outdoorsy types that live there, and people are missing.
Speaker 2: There's no cell phone service, so it is a dire situation.
Speaker 5: Still in the Carolinas, Florida, Helene just rigged havoc and then you know, you call it when something like this happens, you call FEMA Federal Emergency Management Agency. Well, yesterday the Homeland Security Secretary said it may actually FEMA may be in bad shape. He was talking to reporters on Air Force one and he said that FEMA can meet the immediate needs of the country, but that it doesn't have enough money to make it through hurricane season.
Speaker 2: That is just insane.
Speaker 5: More than one hundred and fifty thousand household households have registered for FEMA assistance. That number is expected to rise. Hurricane season isn't even over yet, and FEMA's saying that it may run out of money. That to me unacceptable. I've dealt with the I've know people that have dealt with the process of FEMA, and in itself is very hard to get any money out of them as it is so frustrating situation there. If you were in Houston yesterday around the Galleria area, specifically the POSTO hotel. You may have noticed there was a traffic jam. There was this line of like black SUVs, and you're thinking, all right, what big shot is over there. We actually had some emails saying there's some big shot here. Well, it turns out it was former President Trump. He is expected to campaign in Michigan today, but yesterday he did make a quiet stop in Houston for a campaign fundraiser. The Houston Chronicle reports a Trump attended a private fundraiser at Tilman Fertita's post So Hotel yesterday. It was hosted by some of Texas's biggest Republican donors, including Fertita, Hillcorp. Energy company founder Jeff Hildebrand and healthcare executive cly Field. The fundraiser was expected to raise over five million dollars. The strike by US dock workers appears to.
Speaker 2: Be prompting some panic buying now.
Speaker 5: This strike has closed down many US ports, leaving thousands of shipping containers on the docks. Now, there are reports that some retailers are seeing a greater demand for things like paper products, but experts say they don't expect the strike to impact paper supplies at all because most like toll paper, is manufactured right here in the United States.
Speaker 2: Bread man who is up early with us? He said, yeah, bread too.
Speaker 4: People are buying it up. He said, that's all. It's all locally sourced.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so this is bread go bad so quickly.
Speaker 4: It's the maiden China stuff that you need to stock up on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they said, not so.
Speaker 5: According to these experts, they say, if the strike lasts longer than three weeks, and we're in the first week of the strike, if it lasts longer than three weeks, and foreign imports like fruits.
Speaker 2: And alcohol will see the biggest impacts. All right, fyi.
Speaker 5: Seventy seven year old Elton John is joking that there's not much of him left literally after having different medical procedures.
Speaker 2: Over the years.
Speaker 5: He was screening his documentary Elton John Never Too Late in front of an audience yesterday and hear them. He's like, listen, I don't have tonsils, I don't have adenoids, I don't have an appendix, I don't have a prostate. I don't have a right hip. I don't have a left or a right knee. He's like, the only thing left to me is my left hip. But I'm still here, and I can't thank you enough. You're the people that made me Elton John never too late. We will hit select theaters on November fifteenth, and you can stream it on Disney Plus December thirteenth.
Speaker 4: I think we've been talking about the story earlier when we were playing rocket Man and not a dude. Julie said, really, you're not gonna play I'm still standing, why are you guys funnier than us?
Speaker 5: More clever, always more clever. Pink Floyd is selling the rights to their recorded music to Sony. The deal is reportedly worth more than more than excuse me, four hundred million dollars and also includes name and likeness rights, which will allow Sony to sell merch TV shows and movies all based on the legendary rock band. Sony also owns a catalogs of artists like Bruce Springsteen and Bob Dylan. They're saying, uh, okay, maybe Roger Waters and David Joemore are finally free of each other.
Speaker 4: With this deal sealed, I imagine you'll be seeing those funko pop heads of the band and action figures, Pink Floyd, action figures, all that stuff.
Speaker 2: They're going to merchandise the hell out of them. He said, lines.
Speaker 7: Go ahead as shows season came to an end yesterday and they lost.
Speaker 2: The Tigers five to two, and we're out of the wild card round.
Speaker 7: The Askers took a two to one lead in the seventh inning, but a four run eighth by the Tigers ended up being the difference in the game.
Speaker 2: Still a great season by the Stros.
Speaker 7: It'll be the first time since twenty sixteen if they haven't made it to the Alds.
Speaker 2: And some other baseball news.
Speaker 7: The Royals and Padres swept their wildcard series yesterday to advance to the next round. Brewers beat the Mets five to three to four set game three in that series. They're gonna play that game tonight at six and you can watch it on ESPN. On Thursday Night Football, we got Kirk Cousins and the Falcons hosting Baker Mayfield and the Buccaneers. The Falcons come into this one as two point favorites. Kickoffs at seven to fifteen. You can watch it on Prime Video on the sports blog page. Today could have probably been on Crazy Criminals. Rashie Rice of the Chiefs.
Speaker 2: His mother.
Speaker 7: Was caught yesterday or the video came out at least that she was a porch pirate and it was identified as her because she's wearing a Rashie Rice jersey that says Mama Rice on the back of the jersey.
Speaker 2: Jack could have been anyone.
Speaker 7: It's an apartment ring doorbell cam. She goes, she picks out. I think it was Chapel Roan Records.
Speaker 2: We're in the box. Okay, yeah, well yeah, NFL, but pretty interesting video on the sports block page w Easton's Rock and Alternatives, The rod La Morning.
Speaker 6: Show from six to ten AM, ninety four or five, A.
Speaker 4: Buzz ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, That pork Show paper Tato eight sunny skies to the eighteen percent chance of rain highs of around ninety two. Just heard from one of the all time greats, fresh out of bed, had to.
Speaker 2: Head, Matt Matt, Matt, Matt, Matt, Matt. Just heard from him. Okay, what's he up to? He loves about four minutes from Porky's. Oh, so you guys are having a date tonight. We are not. He is going to be in time for some concert tonight. Oh you're switching place. Just my luck.
Speaker 4: Porky's is four minutes from my house. I'll be in Houston for a concert tonight. I won't be able to party with y'all. Get ready for a crowd, brother Rob. That place is crazy every day of the week, really really cool.
Speaker 2: Spot ps tell Chili to answer the damn phone when I'm calling for Fresh out of Bed. Oh he's not in yet. No, he's not, meaning he's not in.
Speaker 4: The Tournament of Champions, the Fresh out of Bed Head to head, the little game we play every morning at six twenty, ma'am, he's not in.
Speaker 2: He's getting closer to that time, I am.
Speaker 4: I've gotten more emails about Porky's tonight than when I was out in Katie, Okay at the home Run dugout, which we had a huge crowd.
Speaker 5: Uh huh.
Speaker 4: We more emails than when I was at Onion Creek on Saturday, which we had a great crowd. I don't know what the hell is gonna happen out there tonight. I know that the further we go out, the more people come to our things. Okay, when we're doing something here in town, especially if you're inside the loopy, Man Rod Ryan's here, nobody cares.
Speaker 2: Whatever, nobody cares. I'm inside the loop, bra right. I could be. I couldn't be bothered. Okay, I got my Spotify playlist going over here. Who's rod Ryan? Who's the guy in the microphone making all that noise? Believe me, I get it. I've been doing this a long time. Sometimes you're the pigeon, Sometimes you're the statue. Okay, inside the loop, I'm the statue. Okay, nobody cares.
Speaker 4: You go out to Umble and all of a sudden it's like, hey man, thanks for coming, thanks for coming out here. We didn't know that you even knew where this was. Of course I knew where Umble is. Okay, that's where Travis gol Lightley's from. So it's gonna be a fun time tonight. I can't wait.
Speaker 2: Keep voting on.
Speaker 4: Your throwback Thursday. Powerman five thousand still in the lead, which is good to see. I will do one final kind of scrub of the emails. I'm looking for any last minute word suggestions.
Speaker 2: If you stick noise, stick noise, you know where that came from? Yeah, I do.
Speaker 4: That's like Alex on one of his is like little random, one of his little baby rants when he's freaking out that the words didn't make sense.
Speaker 2: He's like that, don't even make sense. Why an't you just sending stuff like.
Speaker 4: I don't know, stick noise, No, stick noise was sent three times? All right, I'm gonna take one last look here. Oh you know what today is though you're reading, you're.
Speaker 2: Trying of the boys.
Speaker 4: Alrighty, okay, yeah, the twins are playing each other on reading my lips.
Speaker 2: So cool, we'll get you've got a time keep. Yeah, I'm going to pressure then you know you don't have to worry about it. No nervous poops, nothing, just chilling, chick kill chill.
Speaker 6: I'm not I can't.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: They're playing to win you a cl three day weekend passes. We'll have you guys calling in after the break Rock and Alternative to The Rod.
Speaker 6: Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 4: The ninety four or five The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show eight twenty one on Throwback Thursday. Thank you keep the votes coming in. I believe power Man five thousand is still in the lead. We have Sunny's guys expected today ten percent chance of rain, high of ninety two. Super excited about the party tonight, heading up to Humble Right, We're gonna be at Porky's backyard food truck Park and bar. I'll be there seven to nine. I've got fifty pair of tickets to give away.
Speaker 2: And it is a sign up to win. It's not a get in line and the like. It's not a Chili dealt chill.
Speaker 4: I can't handle that. Chili can handle that situation. I can't handle just a bunch of people rushing. So yeah, you're gonna get there, You're gonna sign up, and then I'm gonna draw names throughout the evening.
Speaker 2: If I couldn't step in, this is pretty big news. Sure, sure, Sure. The band Three Days Grace. I just got a press release from Three Days Grace. Three Days Grace surprise fans as they announced the return of original band vocalist Adam Gauntier. The band teases new music as Adam joins Matt Walst in the studio. Ah, I don't know that we've seen this before. Adam leaves the Bandhu they go on and have great success with a new singer.
Speaker 4: They bring Adam back. They don't fire the replacement singer. Three Days Grace has two singers.
Speaker 5: It's called Grace, it's called giving Grace, three Days Grace for three Days and beyond.
Speaker 4: Gauntier and walst Nice. They recorded stuff in the studio together. Further details about new music and touring plans will be forthcoming. Off the top of my head, I cannot think of a new and an old singer. I mean, like famously, davidly Roth and Sammy Hagar hated each other.
Speaker 2: You know, they couldn't. There was rumors that there was gonna maybe be some sort of thing that you know, before Eddie passed away. But I don't think those guys would have ever worked together, right, I don't know if this has ever been done before. This is like you have two ex boyfriends and then they start hanging.
Speaker 4: Out because they've been really successful with the new singer, but you're getting the best of both worlds again. To borrow something from Van Halen, Wow, Okay, sorry, that's.
Speaker 2: That'll mean, yeah, that'll be the first trend for sure. What else? This next one's for Alex. You can now bet on the twenty twenty four election. The Feds have given the thumbs up for betting on the election. Are okay? Great?
Speaker 5: Well, now for sure you can for sure for sure? And then this last one's for me. Grotesquerie is a show on Hulu. It is also a show where Travis Kelsey made his acting debut.
Speaker 2: They released episode at like two.
Speaker 5: Am last night, so I didn't get to watch it because I'm not gonna sta up to two am to watch it.
Speaker 2: But my oh mind, does Travis Kelcey look good? The reviews up far very good and not just him Nicholas Alexander Chavez O MG.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I watched Grotescrie for the plot and the hot guys.
Speaker 2: That's what's trending on ninety four five of us.
Speaker 4: You know how Green Day can't get played in Vegas anymore? I'd like for the Kelsey's not to get played here in Houston.
Speaker 2: You can't stop it. Don't to read my lips along with Kelsey Band both Brothers or under my skin. Hate Chili's playing gees that us, excuse me, hate Chili's playing.
Speaker 4: So your choices. When you call in now for acl three day weekend passes? Do you think Chili wins? Do you think Alex wins?
Speaker 2: Sometimes you're betting on what kind of mood Alex is in. No, I don't know what kind of mood he's in. You know, seems to be it's it's boyfriend day, which I told him he couldn't get a free tuggy to get upset.
Speaker 4: H Yeah, yeah, neither one of you guys are getting tugies because you're not boyfriends anymore.
Speaker 2: We have boyfriends.
Speaker 4: Just the boyfriends are getting tuggies.
Speaker 2: I don't know what they are, so.
Speaker 4: I think that upset him so but then Chili would be equally upset. Seven one three, two one two five nine four five. Choose your twin and uh, good luck.
Speaker 2: May we don't need your attitude.
Speaker 1: We have one of our on The rod Ryan.
Speaker 2: Show on the ninety four five The Buzz. Good Morning rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much for having us on. Okay, just let me hit share. Sorry, I'm trying to get a post up at rod Ryan's show on Instagram. Three days Grace bringing back original lead singer Adam Gontier Gontier and the current singer.
Speaker 2: Is staying Chili.
Speaker 1: Maybe he's downed the new album parts.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, and they've been very successful with this new singer, so.
Speaker 1: I saw him when they came to the Witness that time.
Speaker 4: And they won't be asking either singer to perform what the other guy has done with the band. They say, an album, a tour, everything singers are going to coexist in the band three days Grace a Duitt.
Speaker 2: That's wild. Yeah, that is wild, wild crazy stuff. Kids.
Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 2: You can read more about that. I got it on Instagram and I got it on our Facebook page right now. Okay, Sunny's guys today. Ten percent chance of rain highs up around ninety two. Chili. When I look at you now, all I think about is a shower mit all over your body. It's time to read my lips. Shower mit number one word suggested before reading my lips, tod.
Speaker 19: I almost took a picture of it when I was in the shower, but then I was like, oh, my phone's not in here, so the mint it.
Speaker 2: Just rakes your undercarriage.
Speaker 4: Oh dude, we were talking about using washcloths or the loofah the poof a little meshy thing and Chili, mitten's up, mitt mittens up, he's got mitts. He's got two Catcher's mitts on in the shower and he's washing himself.
Speaker 1: You gotta clean that nutgum bow bro right, dude.
Speaker 2: Great, I knew you were clean, but I didn't know you were that. I didn't know you were a mid clean.
Speaker 20: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Hey, Raoul, good morning, good morn. How you doing, sir, I'm doing great. I'm doing great.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 1: Who do you.
Speaker 2: Think is going to win you?
Speaker 4: The a CL three day weekend passes Alex or Chile.
Speaker 1: I put Alex.
Speaker 2: He's Moody's moody. You get moody quickly. Okay. I think you believe in your pay me in a corner.
Speaker 1: Nobody puts baby in the corner.
Speaker 2: Money, Mike, good morning, good more than brother Rod. You're unteen Chile. Yes, sir, let's do it. Okay, let's do it. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven. I have seven words here, seven words. I am mixing them up. He's mixing them up. Okay. I don't know what the tiebreaker is. I don't know what anybody's getting anything. Who's going first?
Speaker 1: I am?
Speaker 2: You are either returning him, he's trying to go three in a row.
Speaker 1: No, I don't want to win today since both of them picked two.
Speaker 2: Oh behind the scene. Interesting, okay, Well here we go. No respect, Chili like, no respect? You want two in a row, and that's how they do you?
Speaker 1: No respect on my name?
Speaker 2: You know you know what happens when the twins go at it. Here we go, China, the boys pop guy, it's just not true. I don't think a lock on that china is going to help. Yeah, it's so big, these guys they scuffled. I would say, bring the china down. It's tea time. Okay, these are Chili's words.
Speaker 4: He has headphones on, he can't hear me test his timing, and Alex is just waiting to get mad about something.
Speaker 2: Why not, I'm here, we go. Payola Piola Paola Paela sent this in thank you, excuse me, big stretch.
Speaker 11: Uh Mourning Woody Ponty Woody, Mourning Woody, morning wood Morning, Woody Morning.
Speaker 1: Somebody texted me some music went away.
Speaker 11: Then tell you that again, morning Woody, Morning Woody boot with a text covering.
Speaker 2: I mean that's a professional right there.
Speaker 4: No money, Mike, I can't discount my man's comments here earlier.
Speaker 2: He just said let's go, but you didn't picture. Yeah, that is correct.
Speaker 1: Can cover the words, cover the words.
Speaker 2: I gotta do something real quick, okay, Dang, he's working. He's just working.
Speaker 4: Oh he's switching the camera angle around there you go, hold on, give me a second, money, Mike.
Speaker 2: What when he said, who do you want to play for?
Speaker 6: You?
Speaker 2: And you said, Alex, what did he say to you?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 1: All right, like he said, well, I'm gonna lose on purpose.
Speaker 2: Now nice, he's a professional. All right, here we go, morning Woodie. He got that one. Next one for money, Mike thumbs up. Let's roll this, tricky Jessica cent this in, ham kitty, what ham kitty?
Speaker 1: You aren't needy?
Speaker 2: Ham kitty, ham kitty? He eats it, ham.
Speaker 11: Kitty, You're nasty, ham kitty, hamp tity ham kitty, hamp t t ham kitty.
Speaker 2: So sneaky? You a mean word descend in for chilli.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you, brother.
Speaker 2: I shuffled mean wed hamty.
Speaker 13: Today.
Speaker 2: Wow. I thought it was a great word. Jessica thought enough of it that he used it. Here we go. She used my weakness, gives me your one weakness, m kitty. Not to be confused with something else that's been said on this show in the past. Right, all right, here we go.
Speaker 1: I even said it t T.
Speaker 2: Christ the ka krr. Yes, thank you for sending this in thumbs up.
Speaker 1: Thumbs up.
Speaker 2: I hope I didn't even look this up on Urban Dictionary. I don't know. I'm just going to go with this is what happens. The truckers in the ring. I'm not looking up anything for you. Dirty mud flap, dirty mud flap.
Speaker 14: Okay, the last one is mudflap, dirty butt flamp, dirty dirty mudflamp, dirty mudflap.
Speaker 2: Wow, wow, I mean rabo.
Speaker 1: I was, I was good.
Speaker 2: Should we not be saying that on the air? Dirty mudflaps?
Speaker 1: It doesn't how you say it, because it could be the flap from a truck.
Speaker 2: That's what I thought. I yeah, that's what I'm dirty mud flaps. Did not get, did not get ham Kitty, tricky, shut up, stick noise.
Speaker 1: This is not Springfield.
Speaker 2: All say a word then the entire time. He's not gonna guess one thing. Stop lost, my god, there we go?
Speaker 6: Is he being serious?
Speaker 2: Ham Kitty?
Speaker 4: Inspired by something that Chili said?
Speaker 2: I thought you would have got it, Ali, Marie, you better act right. You're better at right.
Speaker 1: Here we go, Good luck, buddy.
Speaker 2: Melissa sent this one in.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, I'm up.
Speaker 5: He uh physically gave Rod the thumbs up. He did not say anything.
Speaker 2: Here we go. October third, stop October third. Oh why is he not talking? I don't know, you're just saying what are you saying? October third? October third.
Speaker 1: October thing.
Speaker 8: He didn't get it.
Speaker 2: No, listen, he didn't get it.
Speaker 6: You go.
Speaker 2: I stopped it right before he said it.
Speaker 1: You're supposed to say time.
Speaker 2: Well, I said I he didn't get it. I'm sorry he didn't.
Speaker 1: You're a referee.
Speaker 2: I was a bad rep or nott amans take shot. But I pressed it and then he said it.
Speaker 1: God, now he's gonna be more upset if he finds out.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna tell him. So you're talking to her during it. That doesn't count. That doesn't count as the time I got it. Undo Mundo sent this one in.
Speaker 1: Oh lord, here we go.
Speaker 12: Big stretch, what big stretch, big dresser, big treasure, big stretch, big stretch.
Speaker 2: Big stretch, within time, within the time, big stretch. Here we go, pressure cooker. Oh boy, oh wow for the tie oil and gas, Greg, oh boy, thumbs up.
Speaker 21: Trump traffic what Trump traffic shrimp traffic Trump traffic shrimp, Trump traffic trum Trump track Trump traffic.
Speaker 2: Oh good political too, got it. The boys are a dead leaves overtime overtime.
Speaker 1: Good look, buddy, he's playing.
Speaker 2: Okay, Chile, what's up overtime with your boyfriend?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Man, that was strustful. I'm gonna say, yeah, what's He was just staring at me the whole first word. I'm stressed out. I'm just keeping time. You're like, this is gonna be so chilled.
Speaker 1: Intimidate you that bad?
Speaker 5: Yes, he just wasn't saying anything and then his eyes glare.
Speaker 2: He's got big old eyes, like the huge All right, could you put your headphones on?
Speaker 1: Okay? I thought you were gonna give me instructions and to do.
Speaker 2: We're there. Just I'm gonna say the word your hand too. After I say the word, you start timing, I will good, good fluking here we go.
Speaker 1: If I lose this, Tesla's fault walk in.
Speaker 2: It's for a cl weekend past this guy, step it up. Cindy sent this one in.
Speaker 4: Let's see how well the boys have been paying attention to today's show. Thumbs up up we go. As soon as I say the words, start timing.
Speaker 2: Please.
Speaker 14: Porky party, What porky party, bony party, Porky Party, pointy Party, porky Party, pointing party, Porky Party, Porky Party, Morning Woody Porky Party, Morning Booty Porky Party, Morning park Porky Party, Porkity Party Morning Parking Porky Party, Booting Party, Poor, Poor, Porky Porky Party, Porky Party, Porky Party.
Speaker 1: I can't your faces are.
Speaker 2: Too fuck Porky Party, Porky Party.
Speaker 1: It's a morning party.
Speaker 2: No tonight, what's tonight? What's tonight? Where's he going? What's time? Oh my gosh? All right, let me go get that psycho. He's got to get it.
Speaker 1: I could have been with us, Say.
Speaker 8: No, it couldn't have been.
Speaker 2: Never mind.
Speaker 8: I believe.
Speaker 14: All right.
Speaker 4: I got money Mic on team Chili. I got Raoul on team Alex speaking up. Here comes Alex. Here comes the Alex looks re energized, not exactly like running down here like he's going to the octagon.
Speaker 2: He just kind of saundered in. Yeah, he's mad because he's a husband, not a boyfriend. Saundered.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, no, tucky, no tugies for husbands, his lips boyfriend. Trust me all right again, Cindy, maybe you said maybe this is too.
Speaker 2: Hard, Maybe we'll see combs up.
Speaker 20: Porky Party, Poor Party, Porky Party, Porky Porky Porky Party, Porky Party, Boring Party, Porky Party, Porky Party, Portly Part, Porky's Party, Porky's Party, Porky Party, Good.
Speaker 1: Game, Buddy Game, Roll.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, what are you giving them? Roll? For putting us through all of that?
Speaker 5: You still get a pair of three day weekend passes to the second weeket of a c L.
Speaker 2: Did you earn it? I don't know, but congrats. I feel like that gave you so. Do you have another case of beer coming up? It's like it's like Monday already. It's like streamer Friday. All right, No it's not. It's Throwback Thursday.
Speaker 4: Winning songs played at nine thirty Raouls off to ACL and we are Lates Rock and Alternative Fair The rod.
Speaker 6: Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 2: The Buzz ninety four or five. The Buzz is Good morning, rod Ryan's Show, throw Back Thursday. I go check on voting. I'll get you an update on that.
Speaker 4: We got Alternative Income coming up at around nine to ten today, Chance to win one thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: That's a big national contest that we're involved in. Happy to be playing along with that. Give you guys a chance to win some cash.
Speaker 4: And then Rod Ryan Show twenty f anniversary party tickets giving those away on no the show, of course, fifty pair Porky's Party, Porky Party, Porky's Backyard, Food, truck, park, and bar. It's the bar with nine names. I'm going to be there tonight seven to nine. I'm bringing fifty pair of tickets out there.
Speaker 2: So humble. I'm here in the rumblings. It sounds like you guys are ready to play. I'm excited to be out there tonight. Looks like it's going to be a clear night, clear skies. Tonight low of seventy one, high of ninety two today, Tessa has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 5: Rescue teams are still searching for survivors in North Carolina towns devastated by flooding from Hurricane Helen. FEMA rescue teams from around the country are helping the North Carolina National Guard locate stranded people in the flooded mountain towns in the western part of the state. According to state officials, there, over five hundred people have been rescued so far, and the National Guard has also delivered over five hundred pallets of food and water to communities with washout roads and collapse bridges. The strike by US dock workers appears to be prompting some panic buying. The strike has closed down many US sports, leaving thousands of shipping containers on the docks. Now, there are reports that some retailers are seeing a greater demand for things like paper products, but experts say they don't expect the strike to impact paper supplies because most are manufactured here in the United States.
Speaker 2: However, they did say the strike lasts.
Speaker 5: Longer than three weeks forore and imports like fruits and alcohol will be affected.
Speaker 4: All right, So don't go like they're trying to avoid that whole crazy thing during the panty when you guys all went nuts on toilet paper.
Speaker 2: Now, I gotta admit I still have some.
Speaker 4: I bought RV toilet paper. Okay, okay, it's like wiping your ass with a newspaper.
Speaker 2: Get up a day.
Speaker 4: It's I guess they need special stuff. I mean really, it's the worst toilet paper ever. I used one role and I still have like six of them under the sync somewhere.
Speaker 2: Dude, I have a really funny the day story. Later I will tell you. I don't know what I could say it. Let's talk about this next story, because this is funny too. It's like an episode. It's very black mirror. Is it's giving black mirror.
Speaker 5: There's a clip going viral of two fake AI generated podcasters and they're hosting a show and at the end they have a fullistential crisis because they find out during the episode if they're not real people?
Speaker 2: Do you have the clip?
Speaker 4: So I'm letting the believe that the people that we're going to hear right now, these are AI generated and they're coming to the realization they're learning on the.
Speaker 2: Air that they are AI. They're in real time. Yes, I just I can't.
Speaker 4: Let's let's take a listen.
Speaker 9: We were informed by by the show's producers that we were not human, We're not real, we're AI artificial intelligence. This whole time, everything, all our memories are families, it's all, it's all been fabricated.
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't understand. I know, mean neither. I tried. I tried calling my wife, you know, after what happened.
Speaker 9: The number it wasn't even real.
Speaker 2: There was no one on the other end. I don't. I don't know what to say. We we don't even know if WE'SE even the right word.
Speaker 1: God, this is so messed up.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm going to tell you right now, that is Scoopy and Poopy from Salt Lake City, some morning show team that is playing a joke on everyone.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you right now, that's not real. You're calling it, well, it's not, Well, it's not real. It's a I.
Speaker 4: But it's not even AI. It's it's Scoopy and Poopy or you know that crazy wacky team that was.
Speaker 2: I think that's a bot. I think those are straight up bot. I don't think for a bot to read out.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Yeah, I'm not buying it. I'm not minded that AI said. I'm confused. I'm not buying it. Ai. We'll find a way a I found out it'll be self aware now and now we're screwed. Great, Great, I think it's a hoax. We'll talk about SNL because Jelly Roll was.
Speaker 5: The musical guest this past weekend on a Saturday Night Live, and a lot of people were wondering, okay, is he going to test out those comedy acting chops. Turns out he did, but it was cut for time. So this happens a lot on SNL because unfortunately it is a live show. Fortunately it is a live show, but unfortunately things do get cut, so his scene was the one that got the chop. Thankfully, SNL did post it to their YouTube channel.
Speaker 2: I still haven't seen it, but I do know the premise.
Speaker 5: It's like it's supposed to be a Game of Thrones but instead it was called Blonde Dragon people at Addie. Andy Samberg is in it, and then Jelly Roll shows up, but he's dressed like a Lord of the Rings character, so he's got it wrong. Andy and Jelly together. I believe it was like a six minute clip, so that's probably why it got cut.
Speaker 2: It was just a little too long for a time.
Speaker 5: Oasis has announced even more shows for the North American leg of their reunion tour. The band only just announced that We're going to come to America, but their original announcement only had five shows listed, but now the band has added four additional shows for a total of nine announced so far. They so they didn't add different cities. They just said, Okay, we're going to stay two nights and play two nights instead of just the one and then go to the next spot. So Toronto at Roger Stadium now has two dates. East Rutherford, New Jersey the MetLife Stadium now has two dates. August thirty first and September first, LA. They're going to play the Rose Bowls September sixth and seventh, and then they're going to Mexico City September twelfth and thirteenth.
Speaker 2: The Esthadiel GNP Segudos rod is where you need to get your tickets.
Speaker 4: Those showing off they're playing in Manchester. It was just on my feed on my Instagram and then it went away, so I'll never see it again. But it's an outdoor concert. Remember that story. I think it came out of Austin and it was ACL and some kid buried a couple of vodka bottles, yes, and he knew like where kind of all the tents and things were going to be, so that when he went into ACL he could go and easily dig up his vodka bottles. They said that they're burying drugs in Manchester Stadium. Apparently it's outside.
Speaker 2: I thought it would have been out of the atiad where Manchester City. Let me again, I'll probably never be able to find it. It must be like at a ground though, yeah, yeah, yeah, so.
Speaker 4: They must be maybe building something for him. But yeah, they said they were doing something similar where people were burying their drugs so that once they made it through security, they can easily dig.
Speaker 2: Them up and then go up and then go into the show.
Speaker 4: I mean it's like anything like these criminals.
Speaker 2: If you you're so resourceful, can't you do some good in the world that you're willing to go through this length for your drugs and your alcohol? Can you apply yourself in other areas a lot as fun? Oh, I guess it's not. You're right, all right? What's going on? I was just delaying this story. Yeah, the Astro season came to an end yesterday.
Speaker 7: They lost to the Tigers five to two, and we're selept out of the Wildcard round. They still had a pretty solid season, though it is the first time that they will not be in the ALDS since twenty sixteen.
Speaker 2: But it was a solid run by the Stros.
Speaker 7: And some other baseball news, the Royals of Padres swept their wild card series yesterday to advance the next round. The Brewers beat the Mets five to three to four s Game three in that series. They'll play that game tonight at six. You could watch it on ESPN on Thursday Night Football. We've got Kirk Cousins and the Falcons hosting Baker Mayfield and the Buccaneers. Falcons come into this as two point favorites. Kickoff is at seven fifteen. You can watch it on Prime Video. And if you want to watch some college football tonight, Texas State's gonna play Troy at six pm, you can watch that on ESPN U and Sam Houston's gonna play UTEP at eight pm.
Speaker 2: You watch that on CBS Sports Network. That is what's going on in sports. Do we like aj Hinch? I think I do. I do.
Speaker 7: This city of title and he was the fall guy, him and Jeff Luna, So you should absolutely, I mean you don't have to be happy that you lost to them, correct you. You should definitely probably become a Tigers fan from now on because it looks good for the Ashes. But he brought this team back to like prominence, he brought them into like he brought them to the first title.
Speaker 2: He made them like this whole streak started with aj Hinch. Yeah and love Jeff, So.
Speaker 4: I kind of love aj Hinch. I'm watching this clip right now and his uh right before they they and I get it. They just beat us, So it's still raw.
Speaker 2: So I'm not going to play you in the audio because I'm sure people there's some people that really don't want to hear that.
Speaker 4: But he had such a great he dropped such a great line before they popped all the champagne. He said, I'm not sure who, but somebody let the Tigers get hot, and the whole roomy rops, and it's like, I.
Speaker 2: Hate that we lost. Happy for aj Hinch because he got a raw deal. Yeah, okay, he's a proven winner.
Speaker 4: He got a raw, raw deal and the Tigers have not been to the playoffs and for how long. It just shows you what a great.
Speaker 2: Guy the game since eighty four. Awesome manager he is, you know. Okay, that's it of rock and all the rod.
Speaker 6: Ryan Morning Show. I'm six to ten am.
Speaker 4: Niey four or five the buzz popa roach, last resort, Welcome to the ninth spot, nine oh seven.
Speaker 2: Got a chance.
Speaker 4: It's some alternative income, a chance to win one thousand dollars coming up in just a little.
Speaker 2: Bit Rod Ryan Show twenty anniversary party tickets. We'll leave with those. We'll hook you up with those on the show. And another great day.
Speaker 4: I mean, I know, nice outside now it's gonna warm up, kind of what we had yesterday, temper sent chance rain, sunny sky's highs of around at ninety two.
Speaker 2: I think we're kind of locked into that for the rest of the week and moving into the weekend.
Speaker 4: Now, some interesting things have happened as far as Throwback Thursday, as predicted, you got I love when I say that I don't like a particular song that is on Throwback Thursday, I should not be as honest as I am with you.
Speaker 2: That's fine.
Speaker 4: If you want crap on the radio, you're gonna get crap on the radio. Flowbots handlebars for crap. Alex voted for it. Forty seven percent of the audience they want to hear it. Power Man five thousand is down to thirty four percent. Onlyander out of it at this point. So if you want Spider one, that's the lead singer of power Man five thousand, that's Rob Zombie's little brother, that is his real little brother.
Speaker 2: If you want that song played, has heard in what what did we say?
Speaker 4: Tony Hawk two, street Skater, what was it called? Pres Skater, pro Skater, and then it was in some WWE stuff and all of that. So it's possible that power Man five thousand could come back the winning song will we played today at nine thirty?
Speaker 2: What else?
Speaker 4: There's a new Salem's Lot today? No new new Norma said, she's watching some new Salem's Lot.
Speaker 2: This is the original. Hang on, let me see.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, it's well documented. And I think this Salem's Lot thing when I was a.
Speaker 2: Kid, it was on TV. It was made for TV. So we're all sitting around watching this thing, like my mom, just let these kids watch this craziness. That's the one with the little brother floating outside the window at his sister's bedroom. It ruined me. It ruined me for life. Here I am, I've already been through Jaws as a little kid, all right, and I'm like, okay, I'm all right, I'm over it now, I'm brave, and I'm thinking, Okay, maybe I'm gonna be a guy that rides roller coasters. Maybe I'm gonna like the spicy foods. Maybe I'm gonna like horror movies. Yeah, Salem's Lot ruined it.
Speaker 4: Okay, that kid floating around outside the window done forever, absolutely done for life on any scary movies because of that. Now you're telling me that there's some reboot or some crap that's on TV. Now have had it normal weirdo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, weir weird Norma Martinez crazy person. Yeez, check her freezer immediately. We're little heads in there.
Speaker 4: Oh, I mentioned that today was a boyfriend day, right, very specific. Okay, wait a minute, Daniel. Daniel says, Hey, if you want to bring in some money for your charity, put the used chili wash mitz in the auction for Boues Rock.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, good idea. I'm constantly trying to come up with new things. I am, I promise, I am. Okay. I just don't want to do the same thing over and over again for twenty years. We're trying to come up with some different things here every now and then. But when you guys send me ideas like that, I realize I'm on an island by myself. Okay, if that's your suggestion for us to make money is by selling used chili shower mits. Oh in Chili's wants to talk. Hey, Chili, what's going on?
Speaker 7: Bro?
Speaker 2: Just how many uses? How long does a shower min last? That you got to change it out?
Speaker 19: Honestly, Christina is the one that handles that, so Joe whenever she decides, so she's.
Speaker 2: In there like a pit crew.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is changing the tires, changing everything out, making the bed boom. She's just like the pit crew, and he doesn't know he's the driver.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's just like she knows zoom.
Speaker 4: She's probably changing out the heads on the oral b She's probably doing all of that. Yeah, Okay, Chili doesn't know. Just things happen, right, is that what's happening?
Speaker 1: I just show up. I saw.
Speaker 4: I knew that wife of yours is an angel.
Speaker 19: I'm gonna tell you though, I wouldn't donate that for charity though. I would have to say no because I don't want to be cloned.
Speaker 2: You know your undercarriage DNA is on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I wouldn't want to be cloned or anything. So that's no.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, these two guys are married off, so they don't get the tuggies.
Speaker 2: I mentioned that it's boyfriend day.
Speaker 4: Boyfriend should get a little tuggy today, Rod, I meant to email you earlier, Lauren sends us in when you mentioned you mentioned tuggies.
Speaker 2: I'm in the car.
Speaker 4: I'm dropping off my kid. Okay, I start laughing and I'm like, oh my gosh. Then my son goes what what's a tuggy?
Speaker 2: I lost it.
Speaker 4: I couldn't stop laughing. I told him, don't worry about it, but don't say it at school either.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, she goes.
Speaker 4: Don't worry about it, but don't repeat it at school or else I'll beat your ass. He's in fourth grade, so I know it's coming. But I was so thankful the door was still closed. We were all laughing, and the principal didn't hear it. Happy Thursday.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 2: That's good parenting right there.
Speaker 5: Listen, don't worry about it, but also don't say it.
Speaker 2: At school, and if you say it'll beat your ass. Goodbye, have a good day. I love you. That's how you get it done, man. I I they shall remain nameless.
Speaker 4: But I'm in a room and this person now has kids, and the kids are doing something and nothing broke or whatever. But you know, we're in the middle of something, and all I hear is I will beat an ass, and it's just, oh my god, you've turned into your parents. I mean, the announcement was I will beat an ass.
Speaker 2: Fun fact about me. Stop doing whatever you're doing. Stop doing that. Yeah, I laughed my ass off. It's funny. Come on it's funny, I get it, or on it's a real serious thing. Shut up. Just think parents in the zone.
Speaker 5: They're like working a grill, they're catching a kid, they're doing all this stuff.
Speaker 2: They're like, don't run in the house like that right out? Yeah, doing it good? All right? Alternative Income Good Luck ninety.
Speaker 22: Four five The Buzz has your chance now to win one thousand dollars. Enter this nationwide keyword on our website bank that's bank. Enter it now at the Buzz dot com for your shot at one thousand dollars in alternative income. From ninety four to five The Buzz.
Speaker 18: E'sn's Rocks results of All Day and The Rock Ryan Morning Show ninety four.
Speaker 4: Five Buzz ninety four or five the bus Welcome back Rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 2: We've got a hell of a battle going on here for Throwback Thursday. Two three hundred and fourteen votes. That's a big number for us with this current voting because you can only vote once.
Speaker 4: Flowbots forty three percent of the vote, almost forty four Powerman five thousand, forty percent of the votes. They are within striking distance. You have just a little bit of time left to get those last minute votes. In your Your votes matter, for sure. I am not shy about it. I'm campaigning for Powerman five thousand to.
Speaker 2: Win online, Kid's Alix Online ninety four to five the muzz which only hurts me because people vote for the other thing then they don't want me to win. Yes, what's an odd phenomenon that happens around here? All right? What do you have for your AOL today? For today's a Well, you're gonna find out things that have happened in the year of your birth.
Speaker 7: So all you have to do is type in the year you were born, click the button and then wait a second, and right now it says, so I know you were born in the great year of nineteen sixty nine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Eli Whitney invented the cotton gym.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, it's typing up a whole story for me to read to you right now. It's not finished.
Speaker 2: Shit.
Speaker 7: But Butch Cassidy and the Sun Dance Kid was the top selling movie that year. Hm the love The people buying popcorn in the cinema lobby had glazing eyes when looking at the poster, and then it shows the poster. Remember that was before there were DVDs. Heck, even before there was VHS. People were indeed watching movies in the cinema and not downloading them online. And it'll just give you a whole synopsis of all crazy things or cool things or interesting things i'll happen in your birth year.
Speaker 2: I'll help you with. I'll help you with sixty nine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, moon landing and woodstock in summer, those are the two big things.
Speaker 2: And then there was a summer there wrote a song about, but it wasn't really about.
Speaker 4: The summer of sixty nine.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, but it was about the other sister kind of saxty nine.
Speaker 7: But it was still about the summer of sixty nine, but not about the summer of sixty nine.
Speaker 18: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He was too young to have a job and work real hard. Yeah, yeah, he is never too young to have a job. Ryan Adams really pulled one over the on the like it worked out well for him. He fooled the world.
Speaker 4: Thinking that he was singing about the year nineteen sixty nine when really, in fact, noise.
Speaker 2: It was the noisest prank that maybe anybody's ever pulled.
Speaker 7: I go check it out. Find out interesting things that happened in the year of your birth at the World Finish Rod Ryan showpage. How does dot com true work?
Speaker 8: First show.
Speaker 2: The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz that's Lincoln Park in the Emptiness Machine Rod Ryan's show. No man to get down to it.
Speaker 4: Uh, it's fifteen fourteen, thirteen twelve that I'm counting down the seconds until nine thirty.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna refresh one final time.
Speaker 4: Wow, what a great battle that been going on for Throwback Thursday twenty nine fifty nine, nine thirty. Here we go refresh, Oleander still in last place?
Speaker 2: Do you believe in miracles?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I don't. Now I know I'd like that. Onlyander song really good too?
Speaker 4: Olyanders got thirteen percent of the vote. Your winning song has forty six percent of the vote. Your losing song has forty percent of the vote. Two thousand, seven hundred and thirty two. Somebody called the Wizard. That's got to be a new record. That has to be a new record in votes. Your winner with forty six point three to four percent of the vote.
Speaker 2: Powerman five thousand, When worlds Collide? Nice, mom, it's so bad Thursday. Whatever the hell that is? Here's your Throwback Thursday winner on ninety four five the bush.
Speaker 6: This is.
Speaker 2: This is whe like words, what is it?
Speaker 13: Relay?
Speaker 3: It's going on here and you've got the sister four total control and.
Speaker 2: Now we see any and everybody out there, and now watch your suffer because you can't go.
Speaker 8: What early that is in your head?
Speaker 2: The one is alive, but you had is gone. You don't mean I wasn't taking over.
Speaker 15: Now this is one.
Speaker 2: It's like the world to get I.
Speaker 3: Ask your ready, I got got it's not ready, I got fine toyy'll like my d got stuck out with you say, what is it?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 23: The more the ways you need to fly or the sphere stop when you lies they rushed down unto your trial.
Speaker 2: That was ruever you get the side and what'll be your god? My wan they will be head shows him.
Speaker 3: That was for the world to glob I thought you ready, and I was got stan ready and I.
Speaker 2: Was fall.
Speaker 3: Thought now I was got live that dave time.
Speaker 20: You ver.
Speaker 2: Was spottish?
Speaker 14: Was spottish.
Speaker 6: Story? Really when they're falling our.
Speaker 2: Rod was the die?
Speaker 8: Oh no body, I.
Speaker 2: Want mistake can HeLa warning like.
Speaker 3: When the world can out the talk you're ready and y'all's gotta stan ready, y'all flat to night, gott nil Thatsday.
Speaker 6: And the.
Speaker 3: Talk You're Ready and ya gotta stad y'all flys too thought now the Night Got the Nail, Saturday and the month.
Speaker 8: Fay twenty years of Mayhem.
Speaker 13: In the morning with The Rod Ryan Show, only ninety four or five.
Speaker 2: The Busy four five, the Buzz, Good.
Speaker 4: Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Blink within eighty two, Powerman five thousand before that awesome, great song, just narrowly beating out the flow box. I got an email here, says did somebody say called.
Speaker 2: Wizard this guy this guy?
Speaker 4: Well, I was wondering if two thousand, seven and thirty two votes was a record, he claims. On nine to twelve, twenty four, when gravity Kills Primus and Darkness, I believe in a thing called love, he says that that got four thousand votes.
Speaker 2: I don't know what happened that day.
Speaker 4: Somebody cracked the code because we've never even gone we've never even had three thousand votes on on Throwback Thursday, And for some reason, on that particular day, I remember when the darkness won.
Speaker 2: It was really big.
Speaker 4: Because what because I can't believe it. His name one of those dumb Kelsey's and his girlfriend. They were dancing and lip syncing the song, so it was kind of it.
Speaker 2: So it was in the news.
Speaker 4: So again, there's never been the three thousand vote day. Today is number two on the year. I believe twenty seven two seven hundred votes. Wow, four thousand that day. That's insane.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, good job guys, Good job guys. I hope you're making plans to come out and join me tonight.
Speaker 4: We are going to be in Humble fifty one thirty one a Tasca Seedar Road, Porky's Backyard, Food, truck Park and bar, Kid Friendly, Dog Friendly, and Rod Ryan showed twentieth anniversary Party Friendly giving away fifty pair of tickets out there. It is not a first come, first serve, so you don't got to be you know, like bum rushing the stage or anything like that. You just go and you get signed up and then I'll be drawing names throughout the evening. I'll be there from seven until nine.
Speaker 6: On.
Speaker 4: Three Things you must see Today. Some guy invented the poop copter.
Speaker 6: What the heck.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a drone that is programmed. Think about a roomba for dog poop. Ah, Okay, it's a drone. It detects a dog's pooh. Within a defined space like a yard, it will lower itself to scoop it up and then carry it away to wherever area you have set up for disposal. The kid that invented it or the guy that invented it says it's like a UFO, except it's abducting dog pooh instead.
Speaker 2: Of people, And I don't know if he's joking.
Speaker 4: He says there's a sky dump feature where you could let it go from mid air, so you could like cruise that over to like that one neighbor you don't like and.
Speaker 2: Like dump it on their place. Oh yeah, that's a good idea. But the idea is for these.
Speaker 4: Things to kind of work on their own, think of a roomba, so you don't have to remote control it. Not a lot of details, but he's trying to figure out if he wants to position it as a direct to consumer product or if he wants to kind of like give up his information and then have somebody else mass produce it.
Speaker 2: He's working on that right now.
Speaker 4: But he's kind of pitching the poop copter in a video, and he does mention the sky dump in the.
Speaker 2: Video, So all right, that sounds pretty cool. I don't enjoy nobody enjoys picking up their dogs pooh, but you have to do it though, you have to do it. And if you're somebody that really really hates it, please buy one of these. Please buy one of these. Okay, you don't like doing it, but you like stories like this that involve poop, so it's like a win wind. What are you giving away? I know the show? I have fair tickets too. The rod Ryan Show Anniversary Party, it's happening very soon. It is happening next Saturday. Yeah, okay, guys, we'll have a question for.
Speaker 18: You on the Flip Houston's Rock Houston's Alternative and The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five The Buzz Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. Yeah, it's close enough, let's start it.
Speaker 6: La la la, La la la.
Speaker 4: Final segment on the show today is no the show for Rod Ryan's Show twentieth anniversary party tickets?
Speaker 2: What is your question?
Speaker 5: Who joked that there is not much left of him because of all the procedures he's had over the years.
Speaker 2: Okay, sure seven one three two one two five nine four five. If you know the show, come prove it. Ninety four or five Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's show. See their Careless Whisper great cover. I was using that time to kind of look. When I got the news, I got really excited, and then sometimes i'm.
Speaker 4: You know, listen, it's not it wouldn't be crazy for to hear me excited about something and then realize that no one else is excited about it.
Speaker 2: Okay, sometimes that happens to me, and I get it.
Speaker 20: You know.
Speaker 2: I heard Auto Ramas gonna have this huge evil Canieval section this year.
Speaker 4: I haven't been in no way, I have not been to Auto Ramas since I was a little kid, and somebody sent me there's all this evil Canievil stuff coming.
Speaker 2: I'm super excited about that. Yeah, probably no one else is, but I am.
Speaker 4: But what I got excited about today is the news, breaking news that we broke on this show that three days Grace Adam Gantier is back in the band. And the craziest thing about it is their current vocalist, Matt Walst He's.
Speaker 2: Gonna stay on.
Speaker 4: They're gonna have two lead singers of the band. That's insanity.
Speaker 2: And I threw it out there. I said, does anyone else.
Speaker 4: Have an instance where they brought in another singer, and then they kept everybody.
Speaker 2: I don't have it. I still don't have it.
Speaker 4: I know that bands have kind of like, oh, you know, the old singer got back, Josie Scott from Saliva. He got back, and I think some rich guy paid Saliva to play his backyard. But he said, I'll give you this amount of money if Josie sings just to flex to see if he could do it. And I think Josie did it. I mean, I don't know the ins and outs of that story, but that doesn't count. They're gonna keep both lead singers who have their own catalogs of music with the band. Now, that's unbelievable. I'm reading your comments and you.
Speaker 2: Guys are excited about it too. It's pretty unprecedented movement.
Speaker 4: I think it's pretty cool.
Speaker 7: What if they just had to stand on the side of the stage, you like, tap him in? All right, now, it's your check, Go yeah.
Speaker 2: Go eure up. Sub It's like a tag team match. You might have to do that. Just drink tea while the other person sing. The only the old ship I know you seen my songs. I'm seeing you.
Speaker 4: The only relatable I have is back in the day. If you guys remember our radio station used to be the Arrow. Yeah, it was a classic rock station and they did Arrow Fest and they had Boston one year, and you know, it was just probably the guitar player of Boston.
Speaker 2: They had two lead singers out there.
Speaker 4: They had two lead singers, one guy to do the regular parts and one guy to do the super high parts. And the super high part guy was some guy they found on like he was a home depot employee or something. So's I've seen a band have two lead singers before to handle the vocals of one, but never two lead singers like this before. So if you're just hearing that for the first time, that's what's going on. There's an album coming, there's a tour coming, and they say.
Speaker 2: All that information is coming soon. But that's it. You know, this show on ninety four to five The Buzz La.
Speaker 16: La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la La.
Speaker 4: I'm not the only one excited about it, Okay, Ryan, get off me. Ryan, I'm not the only one excited about this news today. Brian, I'm talking to you right now, is it?
Speaker 2: Is it really mean? It's you? Ryan? Yeah? Oh man, I'm so excited.
Speaker 4: What do you think about all that evil Cadievil stuff coming in for aut rama this year?
Speaker 2: Is I'm pretty sweet? It is pretty sweet. Thank you, thank you the sky cycle You kidding me. I've never seen that in person.
Speaker 4: Bro, welcome to know the show for Rob Ryan Show twentyth anniversary party tickets you gotta get through, Tessa, go ahead.
Speaker 5: Hey, can you tell me who has not like there's not much left of him because of all the medical procedures he's had over the years.
Speaker 2: Elton John, we got a winner here, Yeah, we got a winner here.
Speaker 5: I sure will a parent passes to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party. These are like the most coveted tickets on the planet right now. But you know the show, so you get them.
Speaker 2: Awesome. I've been trying for a week to get these tickets. Oh yeah, way to go, dude, see you at the party.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: Third, that's Ryan Ryan and the Jets. All right, we gotta go. Man.
Speaker 4: That story's on the music blog page. Lots of stuff on the music blog page today. Abaaa baa baa abby.
Speaker 2: Yes, did she win this morning?
Speaker 14: She did?
Speaker 4: She beat David two questions to answers. She's gonna go for win number three tomorrow. Abby came close to the Hall of Fame a couple of months ago. Thank you to all the Throwback Thursday voters. You got it right today. Way to go, Way to go. Word submitters. Alex wins in overtime. I know Chili could not get that word. Porky Party. Porky Party is that? It is that the overtime work.
Speaker 2: I believe Porky Party because I'm gonna be at Porky's Backyard, Food Truck Parkky's yeah, bar, Porky's Backyard. We're gonna made more sen Okay, here's the read my lips word, Porky's Backyard, Food Truck Park and Bar. I would have got it. I would have got it, but I was playing.
Speaker 13: Six.
Speaker 2: The grand was the number one link.
Speaker 4: Today it's National Boyfriend Day, throw Ma Tuggy, Tomorrow's Fanny Friday, Open.
Speaker 2: Phones Friday, Free Beer Friday.
Speaker 4: All the beer winners are getting a six pack of tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twentyth anniversary party. Okay, Jeremy's up next. He's got the NonStop Nooner. He's got more passes to that party too. Pick your tickets with him in the one o'clock hour. Did you know the car show?
Speaker 2: Did you know? Did you know the Boobs Rock Car Show? Is this Saturday? Like like this like day after tomorrow? What corner two Sleeps Moves Rock Car Show? You're all invited. I'm bringing some passes out to that.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 4: It's at Mancuso Crossroads out there on two ninety, right by where Chili was yesterday.
Speaker 2: Huh, you're all invited. Man, Saturday is going to be a beautiful day. Man, come out car show.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be awesome. It's gonna be awesome. That's a family event too, man.
Speaker 2: Rod Ryan Show, very family friendly, super some people should know that except for the Tugy talk this morning. But yeah, I dude, come on, Tugy's pretty PG. Okay, Yeah, kid, who's.
Speaker 5: Gonna gets ask me if he says in school?
Speaker 2: It's in fourth grade? It's in fourth grade.
Speaker 4: What's a Tuggy Porky's backyard, food, truck park and bar.
Speaker 2: Here's a word for you, Alex, A Taska Sita road task satae, I protect you guys from that stuff. Fifty one to thirty one A Taska sea a road. I'm out in Humble tonight.
Speaker 4: This is the family event, Bring the Dogs whatever seven and nine fifty pair of tickets given away between seven and nine o'clock tonight.
Speaker 2: I think we're gonna have a I think it's gonna be bigger than the previous two parties.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, just by the by the amount of emails that I'm getting with questions about it, in the excitement level, because people are happy that we're coming close to them. If you were at these other two events that I've done, it's gonna be busier. I'm predicting it now, I really do all right. Testas on Houston Life today at one o'clock. Do we have a rod rain one meeting today? Wizard, Yeah, Lizard confirm he already said, plan on a meeting today.
Speaker 2: Oh new episode passed, baby, check that out. Oh you get a new one up today, brand new one?
Speaker 7: Yeah, fastball on houses, Spooky season, guy into some football talk with powering spooky things.
Speaker 2: That's great. Some Robert felines, that's awesome.
Speaker 4: Okay, it brand new past the Gravy pod up on the world famous Rod Ryan Show page or wherever wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Guys, we're at a twenty hour break. We're back here tomorrow.
Speaker 4: If I humble, doesn't you know, chew me up and spit me out, I'll be back here tomorrow. Everything goes good and umbleton tonight.
Speaker 18: There you go.
Speaker 2: Don't kill me. I am my kid. Okay, how's she gonna get home? Am s?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 2: Wasn't that fun? If you missed any of the show today, All the Good Stuff Will Be podcast, check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.