Speaker 1: Way back Baby season three, and I said it would have last.
Speaker 2: Hi, I'm George Athas and I'm Nick, and welcome to the Quick Hands Regulating Podcast. This is the part tell us what it is.
Speaker 3: It's the Quick Hans Podcast. The bull does used to be good, but that did not last. That's why I George watched off the pet season now cast and Country first year is a corner. We don't walk past, Nicks. It have been in shambles since sety six. Dragons haven't done no better. Twenty takes a clinch. Only team that's see success. This path is getting rich. The Broncos keep on taking lots of Tiny's head and this I call up and I'm asking NAUGHTI for some movies. They said that has to sit there for water his defeat Friday night.
Speaker 2: Food in these tip it's just to be complete.
Speaker 3: I'm off the bench when I see Walls you running for the team. I ain't playing the NFL. We only mess with league getting tries every day. Time were killing never team. I'm super crooking with all these has I cast him on to the George Nick Tony after to the stage.
Speaker 2: Please welcome back everyone. Episode one hundred, Season three, Episode eight, we've hit the one hundred mark. Alreadie George ten one welcome guys. He did the century. Can you believe it? I can't believe it. One hundred, one hundred, one hundredth episode and they'll be fad as of the Lovely Cake. We have to go around on socials. Yeah, sinceation since it.
Speaker 4: Looks absolutely great and people said we wouldn't get past ten and there we go.
Speaker 2: We proved them wrong. That's what I said. How is everybody? Everyone had a good easter? Since?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: It was a good long weekend. All of our listeners had a good easter. What a great round of rugby league. But it was a great round of rugby league. Where is it George in the can mate? It's in the can can mate, so one yeah, so I suppose that's kick off with Ai. Well, good thing of the week.
Speaker 4: Good thing of the week is we hit one hundred. We weighed one hundred. That's one hundred mini prices one hundred euros is to give out points points and we've had such and get us lost a hundred times as well on the way of the game. So one hundred top episodes and I can't believe we did it. Credit to you guys, well done, excellent guys. That's the good thing of the week. But let's get the Nikos bin. I'm sure something would have pissed you off this weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, something, actually not so much. So we're going to go back to the Tigers in the Gallvian situation right now. What I've done is there's been so much floating around in the media over the past week or so that I've actually spent a long time doing my homework and getting fact about what's actually occurred here. Right, So bear with me for a couple of minutes. Said, I'm going to run you guys through a few points, right, So, starting from the beginning, let's and again it's all based on fact, right. Essentially, Galvin has done nothing wrong. He's a nineteen year old who's played one season of first grade decided to change clubs with his contract expires. That's it. It's what Papali did last year, It's what the final did last year. And they both left for the same reason, by the way, to better develop themselves at another club. No fanfare. And before you told me they were off contract, let me remind you that Galvin simply stated he wouldn't renew, but that he will honor his contract. What happened next is where everything everything hit the fan, where the club being Shane Richardson who created this whole mess, he forced Galvin's hand by forcing a negotiation, so the player was forced to respond and committed to fulfilling his contract and playing out the next eight een months, but gave an honest response that he won't be here after that. At no time did the player or his manager have a crack at Benji. They simply stated they'll feel he'll develop better at another club. If you look at the Tigers as a club over the line last decade, you'll see a number of players who have left for the same reason, again recently being to the Fine and Papali both left to better develop themselves at other clubs. Right in a competition where half of the comp makes the semi finals, they haven't made it in thirteen years, I think that says it all. Not to mention the three spoons. At no time did Galvin or his manager go public about this meeting. It was Shane Richardson who went public with a statement in damage control, slamming Galvin and blowing the whole thing up into the circus that it is today again. In Galvin's statement that came after that, he's still committed to fulfilling his obligations for the next eight months. One point in twenty thirteen, and people tend to forget this. Benji Marshall asked the Tigers for a release two years early from his contract to the Unplay Rugby Union. Everyone forgets that. As far as Jerome lew I had app rsale goes, I think they've proven that they're not leaders. They're actually the first thing from it to go on social media, which is Louis's any method of communication because he's incapable of speaking professionally. It's the worst display of locker room leadership I've seen, to be honest, And he said in the press conference his relationship with Galvin was good up until this point, which is to say that it's not good now. Well, now Galvin's been recalled because Loui he failed miserably without him, And so now you've got Louis happy Corrousal and another brain surgeon, Taruva, who's so intelligent that he can't even use his own Instagram account. Now they've got to run out alongside him. On Sunday. I wonder what happen if Galvin scores a try. It'd be interesting to see what happens there, Benji said in his press conference quote, Galvin will earn his place back in the team when he earns back the team's trust and respect. My question is who's trusted he breach has a defeat to the Eels reinstated trust respect that quickly, twenty four hours later, he's been renamed. This is a fact which I know for a fact, that Drome lewayan Appy Corrosale approached Benji and wanted Galvin out of the team. We all know that Benji buckled, But twenty four hours later, on Richardson's orders, Benji came out and publicly stated that it was his decision because Richardson didn't want him to appear week as a coach by letting the players dictate his selections. That I know for a fact, the media is reporting the Galvin's manager has orchestrated all this bullying stuff to get an early release, and my question is how's that possible. He's going for that now, But he wouldn't have had that bullet in his chamber if those three morons in the team didn't jump on Instagram and turned their backs on him in the chain room. Yeah, that happened, and they played straight into Isaac Moses' hands. Because it's not like Isaac Moses contacted the players and said, can you start shits during your teammate. If none of that happened, there's no leg to stand on for the manager. Right. So what you've got here is the so called leadership group of the club being Richardson, Benji and the two captains have played right into Isaac Moses' hands. If they handled this thing professionally like most other clubs do and didn't go external, Moses wouldn't have a car to play. Now they've given him the keys of the car. Further evidence of mismanagement and poor leadership. Another thing that I thought was really embarrassing was seeing the CEO, Richardson, who by the way, started all this and he shot himself in the foot, repeatedly attend the press conference to muzzle his coach. Did you guys say that? Yeah? All right, more evidence of Benji not being in control. With regards to the comments about Benji's coaching, which was never actually made, it was about developing yourself at another club. People are defending Benji, saying he's a good coach, and he may well be, but he also might not be there in two years time if they're not going well. People aren't thinking about that, right. It's public knowledge that he coached the team for the second half of twenty three under Sheens, and you can only judge a coach by his record. So one and a half season's two wooden spoons. I'd probably be looking elsewhere to I won't try and drag it on, but the Tigers have done what they always do. Instead of handling things internally and quietly, they've blown it up in public and created a hot mess again. All this guy's done has actually said he's not going to renew his contract. He's done the club of favor by giving him eighteen months notice so they can go after other players, or they might want to release players or manage their roster instead of waiting until November to give them the same message when he already knows. Now, if Jerome Luai is serious about this team first crap, then he should remove his get out clauses for his contract because, unless I'm wrong, I think he signed eighteen months out as well. That's funny, I suppose in a conclusion, I just want to I just want to add this in as well. I was copying a lot of noise on Monday, all in good jest, no dramas, but they all went quiet on Monday night crickets. So maybe I'll watch the highlights when I get home again tonight. That's my segment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look, and I'll some that up because I didn't have too much to say, because I find this, this incident happening right now, right this second, at some club, but we'll never hear about it. Is it happening to KROLLA probably definitely happening at the Bulldogs? Will we turned out at Ely twelve two weeks or two years ago?
Speaker 3: Ye?
Speaker 1: So these things are common practices now. This club, the Spoons, tells the story. They're not a well run club. Be it Richardson not Richidson. So I understand what Nicholas and everything he said, Like you said, he's done his research and there are all facts.
Speaker 2: But I find this normal. There's a kid, a man, a boy, a woman.
Speaker 6: Moving on.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Okay, now what makes it interesting? We all think he's going to be a special human being. We've seen enough of him to say that how much how special he's going to be, We're not sure, but is he going to be somewhat special? I'm pretty confident here is going to be somewhat special. And I think that's that's the reason this has happened, because if it was a normal Reggies player.
Speaker 2: We'll put this way, there's.
Speaker 1: Two players in that same team who are moving on, who asks for releases when I think one of them is very special, Jason Madame Muller. I've been calling for him for two years now. He's moving on.
Speaker 2: That forget they just released two players are mid contract as well. Yes, and yeah, okay, that's that's okay. Am I missing something? But I don't know.
Speaker 4: You know, you said that Papali and or that asked for releases. This is the only case that I know where the actual guy came out and said my coach is ship and I want to leave. And I had and two guys Leu and that stood up for their coach, and that's why they said that he did. He said, I don't want to be coached with Benji. I want to be coached somewhere else. That's why he's leaving because of Benji. Apparently he did, and I said, I'm just defending my coach.
Speaker 2: My coach statement was the statement was, I'll I'll feel like I'll develop better at another clubs. In other words, coaches ship, Well, the coach has got two spoons under his belt, doesn't matter. Maybe the coaches in the second year before before we go to the second year.
Speaker 1: Before we got before before we go on. Okay, what says what? What gets said behind or on the on the pitch or behind closed doors stays there. Now my argument is this, if he can coach or can't coach, if he said or didn't, we should never know about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but true, what's what's a common thing? We saw this exactly happen last year. The best player from Saint George did exactly the same thing. The only thing is his manager handled it better. That's the only difference.
Speaker 2: I don't think because of the coaching.
Speaker 4: Now now we're going through it again, West Tiger's going through it again. And guess who the beneficiaries are. Paramatter, they get two of the best players because paramatmax and you're going to get You're gonna get him. I guarantee, Well, he's got two years he shouldn't be talking to anyone. You shouldn't have been thinking about none.
Speaker 2: That would happen if he didn't decide to leave. No, he shouldn't have been talking about it. But so he doesn't. He doesn't have a right to change jobs. He's been tapped up. He's obviously been tapped up. That's ridiculous.
Speaker 7: It is.
Speaker 2: It's been tapped up like Lomax was.
Speaker 4: He had two more years to go, shouldn't be talking to anyone, But all of a sudden, he's got this thing.
Speaker 7: You better.
Speaker 2: No, it's not players change club's mid contract every year. But that don't say why is this any different. He's not, by the way, he's not breaking any contract. He's simply saying I'm not going to renew what There's.
Speaker 8: Four instances in the last year so Molow I can't pronounce some of the names, Alapu, Harlow, all younger kids, Nathan Brown, all young kids who left were able to leave due to coaching disputes, and all came down to mental health and bullying.
Speaker 2: Exactly. This has got nothing the same thing. This has got nothing to do with that tenure because he stated I'm not going to renew my contract. I'm happy to play out the net. I'm going to commit to to seeing it out and then and then I'm going to leave. That's all. He didn't ask to leave now, right, He didn't ask to break his contract and go now. He didn't. He committed to fulfilling his contract. All he said was I'm not going to renew right that. He has every right to do that, Tanya, your every player does. Your point regarding that is, I don't understand the whole I kind of.
Speaker 8: Sit with on this one. Now. Our managers roll is to get the best deal and to get them out of the contract in the best way. The excuse that is now being used, like the bullying and stuff, everyone steps way far back from that very very.
Speaker 2: Again, but again, and I stayed it five minutes ago. They wouldn't have that excuse up their sleeve. If those idiots in the team didn't do what they did.
Speaker 8: They still could.
Speaker 4: He did it because of the reason they did. It was because of what he did. That's what started at all, because they bagged his coach. He's backing his coach. He didn't bag the coach. Again, you need to check your facts. He did because he wants to develop under a different team. So why why did the final leave fin Why why did contract was up?
Speaker 2: Anyway? He could have stayed, have two years, He could have stayed. Why do you leave? It doesn't matter. Why did partly leave?
Speaker 4: He had that he could have asked for a release because his time was up. The contract said that he could start talking. They both locked and didn't Knachlin's contract. He can't talk to any clubs, obviously he has.
Speaker 2: Again, you missed what I said at the very beginning. What's that? He only he was forced to respond because the club forced his hand by forcing the negotiation, by sitting him down and saying we want an answer, right. They could have waited till November, but they didn't. They set him down and forced a response, so he had to respond. And when they said why, he said, well, because I feel like I'll develop better at another club. We could have just said or maybe they shouldn't have forced his hand, Maybe they should have played it smarter. We could have just said, I don't want to make a decision. He told the truth. He said the truth. He said, I'm not going to renew at the end of my term, and that's what upset the other guys and that's what they read. Well, they're idiots, idiots, they're idiots. They're supporting the coach.
Speaker 8: But the narrative could be also that they heard along the grape vine that he was snipping around.
Speaker 2: He has every right to do that, But those same players left other clubs to join.
Speaker 4: Everyone moves clubs, contracts are up. Bluewe's contract was up.
Speaker 2: He's going to move when his contracts are. He never asked to leave early, which part of that don't you understand?
Speaker 4: About Blue one? And to think contracts were up they didn't. Again again, which part of it don't you understand? But you said that he didn't ask to leave before his contract was up. He said he was going to fulfill his commitment. I agree with that, But so what's the problem because you're saying that Luyan sort of did the same thing, but they didn't the contracts.
Speaker 2: I signed eighteen months out because after that, but after after that he had the best season exactly. But I didn't want to get into what's the difference. What's the difference? He left on good terms? You know what.
Speaker 1: I find it perplexing because this happens every day of the week, just happens. It's how it happened obviously, and and these things happened behind closed doors. Richardson came out because whatever emotionally wanted to get back to on a certain Blew House.
Speaker 2: We shouldn't know anything.
Speaker 1: I can guarantee you. I can guarantee you one hundred percent. These things happened every day of the week. But Nathan Wood in uh under the Reggies. But Lachlan Gallvin Beard a Carnella player, for mental health.
Speaker 8: He he's going to Dolphins for mental health reasons.
Speaker 2: Frank he agitated and he got out. I remember that. Has it ever occurred to any of you guys that for reasons none of us may not know. People might not be happy in their workplace and want to leave because they don't get along with people or whatever, and you're saying they should be forced to stay.
Speaker 4: They haven't got contracts. He's he again got a contract that my works aren't good to be in three years.
Speaker 2: I don't leave any time. I'll say it for I think the fifth time. Now he's going to leave after his contract ends. He's pushing for release. He's not waiting because it was now well again again, they wouldn't have that card to play if the Tigers players didn't react the way they.
Speaker 4: Did what they did because of what he said, Well, congratulations, they're idiots.
Speaker 2: They shot themselves in the foot, and that's why they've been a basketcase for the last decade, and that's why players have left in the past. They're supporting.
Speaker 8: They always have that card, even if the guys don't go on Instagram. His manager, it's his job to paint a narrative. Now, he could say, but.
Speaker 2: They didn't do that. Tenure, they didn't do that. They said we will be here for the full term. Right now, you guys are trying to make up shit out of nothing. They said, we will be here for the full term. The rest of the stuff only started after the reaction. They simply said, well, look, we're going to be here till the end of twenty six, but we're not going to renew after that. That's all they said. That's all they said. And I challenge any one of you to shame me evidence of anything different. Disagree till further disagree, but I want you guys to shame the evidence of anything different, because again I'm going off fact here.
Speaker 4: I don't know about you, but in recruitment wise or whatever. I've never known anyone who doesn't need to pay a guy offer a guy a contract eighteen months out. But for some reason West Tigers felt like they had to. What did they feel like they had to Offergot on the contract because they why why would they have done that? They heard something in the background.
Speaker 2: Here's a right to change clubs if he wants to when he's off contract. But he's off contract one November is when he starts talking. Not now. He hasn't talked to anyone. I heard rich and he says, can prove that. Can you prove to me that he has? Can either one of you proved to me that he has? No, you can't. Can you prove that he hasn't there's a handshake. I don't have to because no evidence that he has. You're arguing that he has that he hasn't well proved that he has.
Speaker 4: Like if I'm if I'm giving away a million dollars, I must not getting it somewhere handshake.
Speaker 1: But regardless of that, regardless of that, all that is all This is hyperbile, whatever that word is. These things are sorted out and closed doors. We should never find out.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Can you imagine the stuff that happened. Can you imagine the stuff happening in the Broncos. Yeah, to keep that team together, what's happened?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 8: But I know ten really great reasons to give candidates on how to get out of the contract really quickly.
Speaker 2: And one of them, look, I get all that, and like I said, they're playing that card now, right, But all they said ten days ago was we're not going to renew.
Speaker 1: Moses has a has a track record of either doing the right thing for his client, you can say it, or doing.
Speaker 2: Forget that, forgets, don't forget back. In twenty seventeen, Mitchell Moses did this right. He broke his contract with the Targets because he started kicking stones and he did all that right. Mitchell Moses did all of that to get an early release, right where he got to the point where it was untenable and they basically had to let him got hasn't done any of that, even after he got even if even after he got dropped a cup, he took it. He took it on and no problem, I'll do whatever you guys want me to do. Now he's been recalled again.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's just the Tigers. Bronker had an issue everywhere.
Speaker 2: It's everywhere, So why so why are we talking about a kid with one first grade season under his belt? Why is he got all the headlines? Then if every other club is doing it too, that's the part I'm trying to understand.
Speaker 8: The manager. It's a great pr person and probably clubs are sick of kids doing this and doing what?
Speaker 2: What did you do wrong? He said, I'm not gonna I'm not going to renew when my contract runs out. He's been getting possibly be getting some bad advice. Yeah, does he not have a right? Do I not have a right to change jobs? If I want to once my commitment is fulfilled, then what's the problem? Nothing? You can start talking to the clubs at the end of the year. What's the date. I'll tell you what.
Speaker 4: If I'm getting off at a million dollars and I'm quitting because of that, then I must have a million dollars somewhere else.
Speaker 2: I don't think he's going anything to do with them. Why not a million dollars? Will you take it? Wren't you? Exactly? They're offering him a million, And that's exactly why I'm saying. It's got en nothing to do with the money, because the money is there in front of him, that that other idiot, Gordon Tallers, because he's getting it from somewhere else. Gordon Tallis said, Oh, his manager has done a bad deal for him. Bad deal. It's the richest deal in the history of the club for anyone that age. Not a bad deal.
Speaker 8: The next club is not going to look at him as a liability because he left his last job due to bullying.
Speaker 2: Not at all, Not at all. You guys have got short memories. How many players have turned shit inside out? Look at Camber ten years ago. Look at the players that caused all the trouble to get out of there, the Carnies, the Fergusons, how many of them? I just I'll answer that. Everyone forgets that.
Speaker 1: I'll answer that for you Tea. Most clubs, and the club is going to go to knows exactly what's happening. They know the kid and the kids kids a passenger, and they know who's managing him, and they've probably got some sort of relationship with him there, so no, they won't see him as a.
Speaker 2: By the way, George, when the club wants to cut plays, when the contract, why is that okay, they cut two players. I'm in the middle here mid contract. They cut them and send them off, right, Why is that okay? You're right? Hey, the doors swings both ways? It does? It swings both ways?
Speaker 1: I look at the look I think for me because look, personally, players move on and I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't really care that much.
Speaker 1: I mean, we've all lost high quality players, but the dogs beat the Broncos, bead all of us have.
Speaker 2: My issue is the stay in house George George? Round seven? Should we just we just finished round seven? Right? In round one it was announced that Dylan Brown's leading Paramatta to get a Newcastle on you. That's because the clause. I'm unhappy about it because I wanted him to stay all want But have you heard anyone hit about it? Everyone said good luck to him? Right? Good luck to him?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 2: One point five?
Speaker 8: Did he leave respectfully?
Speaker 2: How did he leave? Well, you're going he had the clause to do that, He's got the option to do that. All I'm saying is you haven't heard the fans kick up sneak about it right open.
Speaker 8: About how he was leaving, even DC well after.
Speaker 2: He saw Well, that's what I was about to say after that, DCE did exactly what Galvin did. Exactly what Galvin did, and he did it earlier. He said, I'm not going to be mainly next year, right. He didn't say where I'm going. He didn't say I want to leave now.
Speaker 8: You mean to me and they're forcing me to make no.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 2: He ran out and got cheered the very next the very next game right by his home crowd contracted what he.
Speaker 8: Does following on from this and where he ends up. But for me as and knowing what employers are like generally people that leave their last workplace because they've been whatever, or they cause ship, what are they? What are you going to do for he goes to Eels or Eagle.
Speaker 2: But who called baby? Who called ship? DC just said I'm not going to be contract was up this year, yeah, and he said I'm not going to renew. That's right, That's fine. They didn't want it. But has done the same thing. But six months to go. But Gavin has done the same thing. Yeah, but be committed to play. He's still committed to fulfilling it. By the way, he still hasn't. In the club statement that Richardson released, which maybe you haven't read, he said we're not going to release him, and he hasn't asked to be released early, not yet. Well, now you're just making up ship to try argument because for billying, they're just creating ship. Was going for bullying. So what's that for buying his teammates for that, Because if they didn't act like idiots, immature idiots, he wouldn't have that card to play. He would have done it regardless.
Speaker 4: Well again you're making up ship. Now you're losing, coming up on the crap because he called this ship. No, no, he called this ship, and that's of course he didn't to react. Show me the show me the statement, better development, show me the better development, exactly an attack on my coach.
Speaker 2: Look, look, the coaches had a I've got more respectful than anyone coach. He is an idiot and he proved it, proved how weak of a leader he is on Monday afternoon. He's a captain.
Speaker 1: I'm in the middle here, but I mean, Moses, the manager has got a track record, so we know what he's trying to do.
Speaker 2: Now again, could he have done that if they didn't feel him? Of course not. It should have been. That's my and that's my point. This should have played right into his hands. This should have been well, he knew what was going to happen because he knows the track record. They should be smarter. He knew what was going to happen to Yeah, and that's the book. And that's there's been slandering in my life TV Moses far suit against He's been slandering a direct competitor on live TV for two weeks. He actually predicted what was going to happen and it came out. I don't want it only happened because the players did it. You can't accuse someone of bullying if no one bullies you, what's bullying? What's the definition of bullying these days? It's ridiculous. It's an Instagram persent.
Speaker 8: Step step back right away. And the reason why d C was I know DC had a pass, but d C is a respected player. That's why.
Speaker 1: Can I just saying he mainly did not want him. Make it make it very clear. Mainly let him walk because if they gave him one million nothing, that's okay, that's what we wanted. I just wanted the continuous contracts. I told him that last year, didn't he at the end of last year when they saw him. They offered him nothing. They didn't offer him any money. Apparently it might.
Speaker 8: As a manager knowing that there's a six point five million dollar deal over there, there's a six million dollar kee with Tigers, and my star performer has Phil Gold saying how awesome he is, and my only job is to get him from this contract to that contract. You best believe I'm going to be using every excuse right.
Speaker 2: But if that's but if that's the thought process behind this, then why did exact Lamac take a pay cut to leave Saint George and Jada Paramatter?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 8: But but Broncos, Titans, all the clubs have issues, Dolphins, all of them have issues. But this thing with Tigers, like Titans aren't great either. But you guys don't know it as much. But I've actually seen that's.
Speaker 2: But that's my whole point. We shouldn't know about this. We shouldn't be We shouldn't have about We shouldn't How.
Speaker 4: Do you know the play managers don't leak this information?
Speaker 2: Because Soon was the one who released the public in other cases, not this one, but to the media as well. I like talking about other ones. I'm talking about this one. Bring this out. I'm talking about this one, that one, but others of course.
Speaker 8: It's called pierre and leaking.
Speaker 2: And all of that. All of that means ship in this instance, because it was the CEO who released the public statement. He's the one who brought it out and put in front of everyone.
Speaker 8: We have not been sitting in those sheds, and we have not been in those manager player meetings. All I say is from last week, We'll see how he behaves from last Monday moving forward and look see how he pleased this week, see how whether this thing really escalates, We'll see what club he goes to.
Speaker 2: As as far as his reasoning goes, I could argue that everyone from Ivan Cleary to Mitchell Moses to James Tedesco, all these players who have left that club have gone on to bigger and better things. So I think he has a point. Until the club changes itself, he's better off going somewhere else. The same reason, but partly is the final.
Speaker 8: Club leadership like those You know, ninety percent of organizations are run terribly like take that from experience too. I'm just saying I know, intuitively the way that that's handled is not the ball truth. And that's purely from me being in this recruitment space and put like head hunting and.
Speaker 2: All of these deals are done behind closed doors and all that. But again, the bottom line is in this situation, everyone seems to forget. Everyone wants to overcomplicate it with crap. The bottom line is the guy simply said I'll fulfill my contract and then I'm moving on. That's it. And the only reason he said that was because the club forced his hand into a negotiation in April party when it should have been in November.
Speaker 1: Richeson said, when I was sleeping. Richardson said that he's done. He's done the same thing since he was a Cranulla with Eddie Housen, and it's a common thing.
Speaker 2: That he does, is That's what he said. Common's a common thing if you're planning your future, you're going to wait until the last day or planning ahead or he's obviously playing the head.
Speaker 1: That's why, well, that's why he's the best agent in the game. I'm talking I'm not I'm talking about rich Richison. Yeah, he said that he does. He's done this continuously, so it's something that he does. Yeah, I mean it's not it's not a first time yeah, it's not it's something. It's not something. He just conjured up. He said he's done at every club he's been he signed, uh speak Sam like that. He goes, he got our English and all these other things.
Speaker 2: He will say.
Speaker 1: Look, I don't know. Like I said, I don't want to know contract negotiations. I don't really care. I just want to I just want to know rugby league on field me personally. But in terms of this whole thing, I don't. We shouldn't know about it.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: If if he's manager, he's agitating to get him out, we'll see. We'll see at the end of the year he leaves and he goes to any other club. Well, we know that, we know the story.
Speaker 2: Well, for me, he should leave because even though he's will you said he's contracted to.
Speaker 5: I said that.
Speaker 2: I said that. I said that. But if I'm the Tigers, if I'm the Tiger, I don't want someone anyone. I don't want someone who doesn't want to be there. It's real and there's and there's two good reasons for that. One is logical, it's just going to be toxic in the change room, right even if he's in Cup. And the second is fiscal. I'm thinking, why would I let him walk as a free agent when I can get money for him if I release him now I don't want now. I'm talking about a transfer, feet transfer food he can if you release a mid contract. George, the Bulldogs paid five hundred thousand dollars for a player who did nothing and left two months ago. You know that from Brisbane, right, So all I'm saying. All I'm saying is for me, as with my club, I don't want anyone who doesn't want to be there, and it's like it's just bad, it's just the talents. Let him sit it out for two years.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 2: You know what I would do if as the Tigers. You know what I'll do with Galvin. If I was the Tigers, I'd do a deal and obviously he'd have to agree with it or he sits out. I'd do a deal to send him to the Super just three fifty and get paid for it. But that's pointless because you're not getting paid for it, doesn't matter. Well, that's fiscally irresponsible. I'd want to make money from it.
Speaker 8: I just think you've got two guys, and look, I know they're not my favorite people. Too, but they backed their coach. With all the stuff that happened with Walter's last year, no one backed their coach, right.
Speaker 2: Besides, that was all handled in house. We didn't we don't know.
Speaker 8: It was pretty wild, like we have short memories, right. And then the other thing too is it's not like Luau and Taruba have been there for long periods of time and they've actually been under a great coach, so that anyway, all I'm saying is the story that we see is what we want to see to have conversations.
Speaker 2: Like this, and that's why I've done for the face he will.
Speaker 8: The facts are coming from propera danta.
Speaker 2: Actually no, actually no, George knows this quite well and you did too. The facts are coming from in house, and you know who I'm talking about. I can't say the name, but you know who I'm talking about.
Speaker 8: But also we are not there in the player strategy meetings. I met with a client this morning. I knew that he was with in a group meeting with a couple of people, and I mentioned, as a suggestion from a strategy session that he needs to get rid of two senior leaders. Now I did that on purpose because I know that there are two people in that company that will tell those people and that is a way to move them out. So that is not that is something that does happen. Now it said really lightly and it didn't come from the owner. It came from me. But they know I'm there to recruit. There are ways to maneuver people.
Speaker 2: But if one of those two players, if one of those two people decide they wanted to leave on their own accord, is there anything wrong with that? You let them go, So what's the difference.
Speaker 8: But if they decide to leave and then turn around get a lawsuit because they feel like they're being bullied, then it just shows.
Speaker 2: He's just using that. Now, he's just using that to try and get him out. Use that be a man, and well he wouldn't have been able to if those two idiots didn't do what they did. It's that simple.
Speaker 8: Any point tomorrow, he could be a man at any point.
Speaker 6: I know that.
Speaker 2: I know that. But again, again.
Speaker 8: Outside from Moses and your dad.
Speaker 2: Again everyone's missing the point. Isaac. Moses wouldn't have a card to play if those idiots didn't react the way they did. And if you think that's leadership, if you think that's good leadership is going on Instagram and shit can in your own teammates and now you're in a situation where you're going to run out alongside him a week later. It's pathetic. You know. The funny thing is if that's not leadership.
Speaker 1: The funny thing is if it was Toby Sex, then we're not having this conversation because because he's a kid, which hasn't done anything really, but there's potentially nothing. Potentially we can see that there's something there. That's what it's for, isn't. We're all finding over we're all flowing over scraps. They're fighting over scraps.
Speaker 8: If it was a Storm and Monster or Harry Grant, we wouldn't have this. But because it's Tigers, we.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't hear about it. We wouldn't know about it.
Speaker 1: Right at this moment, little glimpses have come out. John Creaes and Monster are having pretty massive issues. No really, yeah, but you will never hear about it.
Speaker 2: But if my suicides massive issues, he's in breath and going to look like an idiot because we would be in the same situation, won't he So it's.
Speaker 8: Happening everywhere, but at any point, any point, Ezra. At any point, someone can stand up and go, you know what, I'm actually going to speak step aside, da, mum, everyone else. Here's what I think, Hey, Benji, let's have a chat. This is literally and this is what I tell candidates to do with clients. What clients do with candidates, to have that face to face conversation and do you change communication out into the media and go, look, it's become an able guys, we're going to part ways. All good? This back and forth.
Speaker 2: When should this negotiation have taken place?
Speaker 8: Probably before Gavians are talking to other clubs about a couple of months ago exactly.
Speaker 2: Well, no, well we don't know about that. When When should the Tilers have approached Galvin to take this to take part in this negotiation? November one? November one, he's allowed to negotiate, right, so when should When should it have taken place? It's real simple. They they forced it and they didn't like the answer. It's that simple.
Speaker 8: Yeah, man, if I'm giving out six million dollars and giving.
Speaker 2: Someone a show, they never even made the offer tenure. Often it was never actually tabled. The offer was never tabled because his manager said, don't bother we're not going to stay here.
Speaker 8: We'll see that's a factory there, We'll see.
Speaker 2: The table was actually Ridgson said that on the po the offer was actually never table. It was never actually table because because because Isaac Moses said, don't bother. That's why it's.
Speaker 8: Okay to say that that conversation was never table. But the rest of the deals are handshake deals behind closed doors.
Speaker 2: Which maybe they are exact. And then you know what the bottom line is this, at the end of the day, whether it's whether it's next week, whether it's next week, or whether it's in eighteen months, Galvin's going to be wearing a different jersey and everyone's just got to get on with it.
Speaker 8: Happens in eighteen months if he leaves for the same reason, can we rewind back to this and have a conversation about it.
Speaker 2: Well, we can do it now because it's happened a thousand times. Who do you want to start with? What' support with contracts? If you're not happy? Do you want to start with? No, you did it last year, he did it last in eighteen months. Well, what if my grandmother had bolls, she'd be my grandfather, But she doesn't, And she's not, so let's move on. Anything else.
Speaker 1: You guys want to say, no, no, I said, I don't really want to know about it. I honestly don't. I mean I can't.
Speaker 2: I'll just say one more thing. West Tigers fans. Instead of always, instead of always a signing blame, they should be asking themselves, why do people keep wanting to leave our club? That's what they should be asking themselves. I totally it's not. It's not an isolated thirty five incidents.
Speaker 4: They're doing something right because everyone wants their juniors, so then they must be doing something right.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Funny that he's a paramatter junior.
Speaker 4: Actually, well, they didn't want him and he ended up there and they funny for a million funny that, yeah, exactly, because.
Speaker 2: To the juniors to treat their juniors.
Speaker 8: Statistically, if we're going by facts, the biggest turnover in terms of players across all levels is Doggies, Dragons, Tigers and then.
Speaker 2: Broncos period is Lomax the Dragons junior. Yeah, of course, funny that he just contributed yourself, Let's move on because he played how many years? Let's move on. Foggy Apparently he's going to go to mainly he's going to mainly apparently. Yeah, Camber raised their offers two years, mainly raised theirs to three years, and Camber won't match that, okay, because they got strange. Okay, he is foggedy Worth all that is. Had a great year. He's been really good. I'm surprised he was pretty average before that. Well, I'm silly, I don't think so. I'm surprised he's going because to go away from Canberra to come to he's thirty one, George. He wants security. Yeah, security, three years, three years, that's what's got him. Okay, Okay, he was ready to get Canberra. Yeah years. They mainly raised it today apparently to three years.
Speaker 1: Okay, so they want him and he's a he's they've got, they've got, they've got two gun halves in the Redgies and then they need to buy some time, like like we have to buy some time. The Dogs are buying some time with young Mitchell. So okay, fair enough. Yeah, look, if he's going to go there, he's got a good, solid kicking game. He's had a great season so far. Yeah, he's a.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure Brooks, which one is the same. Yeah, that's the thing.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure stylistically if it suits, but I'm sure the professor will make it suit. I mean, you know, the Professor's got his own own thoughts. I didn't think he'll live the I didn't think he'll live camera. I think stylistically he's perfect for that team.
Speaker 2: But there you go. Where's the going yet? Okay, so let's still But what you guys honestly think he doesn't have a deal somewhere? Probably how come you guys ask Kenny him? I don't know, said, how come you guys asked Kenny him? Because it could be retiring, but he's not. We both know he's going to be playing for someone this year, but we don't know. But what we do. That's what he said on one hundred percent footy. So it's okay for Galvin, but it's not okay for this he said on retiring UNI. So that means it's true. Well he said it came out of his mouth one hundred percent. Well, Galvin said he's going to play out out in a month too, but his contract's running out and mainly doesn't want him. No, no, no, they tried, they didn't want him. Initially, they tried desperately to hang on to him one hundred, six hundred. No, what are you talking about that? Seven hundred? How many times have you seen the CEO live on? Have on three?
Speaker 10: So we want to we want to keep him. What you want to talk about unprofessionals? Yeah, there you go exactly. There you got exactly that. You think they don't have another deal already?
Speaker 2: Probably that's not the issue. It's the same thing is. It's not the issue. I'm not blaming. But that's okay, I'm not blaming the thing. I'm not going double standards here, made double standards. They look at me. Gav's moving not go. I don't care, doesn't worry.
Speaker 8: He's been with the Eagles for like fourteen years.
Speaker 2: That's irrelevant.
Speaker 8: He's actually done some stuff, you know, that's really but I'm very excited. They removed one of the referees. Who they removed, not the one that doesn't have experience? Who was it?
Speaker 5: Lee?
Speaker 8: His name? I sent it to you.
Speaker 1: Well anyway, they're all shocking. Anyway, they're all shock. They dropped them.
Speaker 2: They dropped one Kennedy, Ben Kennedy.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he got dropped after the ill game with all the sims and stuff.
Speaker 4: Okay, well with that bullshit hip drop. That wasn't his fault, No it was that was not a that was the video the bunker that didn't you.
Speaker 1: Know what, I don't you know, I think the referees are all terrible. But I don't blame any referees, But when the bunk when he goes up to the bunker with all their cameras, if they can't make a decision after how many I mean, and I half.
Speaker 2: Forgot the reference the rules, the rules.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the referee has a split second to make a decision, and there's a lot going on, so you know, I can understand that, but god, these gun bunkers.
Speaker 2: Seriously, No, it's not the dragon.
Speaker 4: But you know what, did you see the Saint George Manley game where their guy got injured and taken off and then simply got suspended, and then they're ringing up the NL They couldn't find the rules because when they could activate the eighteenth man, the referees on the field had no idea what to do. So they were ringing up there and it was on what's his name was saying, yeah, there was this guy with a suit dressed up there wading up plateful to say, what when can we bring him on? Like I had no idea what was happening? They did, but apparently fland that was blowing up because it was like five minutes later. But they were all confused. That rule the eighteenth Man and how to use it.
Speaker 2: That's scary.
Speaker 8: It was confusing, multiple confusing.
Speaker 2: This weekend. There's some terrible decisions. Anyway. Anyway, one other interesting point, because I haven't really you said the Sharks fans have been giving Bill Kennedy. I read today he's leading to Daily Am. Yes, from there you go. I thought, no, no, he slipped down, he slipped down to Well, Kennedy's up there.
Speaker 4: I'll double check it was check it. But I thought painting hustles. Maybe second is coming second Joe Gray was up there. He is coming out a big lead. Yeah, no, yeah, he's coming third now. Yeah, I know the last couple of weeks he would have got probably.
Speaker 2: Actually it's a new points system, George, you probably got.
Speaker 8: Points, crazy Will Kennedy first, grace second?
Speaker 6: Wow?
Speaker 2: Points? How many points is are well Kennedy? Oh wow? You know what's funny, guys. I just went on to Fox Sports and there's a statement from Shane Richardson about Lachlan Galvin. He's never requested a release. The bottom line from the club's point of view is is here for the next months. He's never said Marshall can't coach. Lachlan is a very honest kid. He's as simple as it gets. He loves his footing. So that shoots that in the ass. Let me double check the other thing.
Speaker 8: I was about to get a bullying in case.
Speaker 2: Well, that's from Richardson himself. Shark's free agent leads Danny m kN Will Kennedy. I had no idea. I have no idea. You look, that's right there. I'm going to I'm going to go on that podcasting and see what they say. It's the point. It's the points.
Speaker 1: Yes, you've only had two or three good games, you get six and six and eighty they all vote for you. He've been playing world but regards I don't understand what the I don't understand why the Sharks Sharks fans hate him.
Speaker 2: I don't know why they just wanted to go. I don't know why they want him go anyway. Good, So let's move into the round. That was why don't we start with Artie telling us about this twenty points. The victory over mainly from the Dragons at Brookie. Tell us what happened?
Speaker 4: It was good win mate. The Saints survived the late scare. They got to a forteen lead at one stage. It was only eight nil at halftime after total dominance. It really didn't show the result even Golden and Phitler was saying it should be twenty four nail, but it was only eight nil. Then they got the fourteen nil and then some weird thing happened where there Saint George again let them back in the game and it got the fourteen twelve and then fourteen.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 4: It was a dominant game by sin Joy which we thought were going to lose it again like we did the Power and the South game, but this time they were actually able to hang on who had his worst game. It was a terrible game for and Leo Hopo Wharty stood out. He was actually quite good. But for Saints we had Sloan had one of his better games. Lachlan Ilias probably one of his better games too. He was very good, but yeah, very happy for the Dragons. J we did three two one yeh Toby Couchman three Tyrles Sloane the two and Leo ablready got the one Couchman.
Speaker 1: Couchman playing with injuries, Nicola and still still leading the all the stats and a smaller front roller. You didn't mention la Lore coming off the bench.
Speaker 4: Was good off the bench. Yeah, he's very good. Little was good off the bench. But they're looking all right, man, but they just have those little lapses where they let teams back in for some reason.
Speaker 2: I don't know. But what he said about when when DC was on one hundred percent footy, they asked him, how would you feel if you had to play against Manley? Yeah, he said, as long as they didn't have a machine.
Speaker 4: He's a machine. But he had a really bad game. He's dropping passing, so did so did d C.
Speaker 2: I think this one, this this game, everything just caught up.
Speaker 1: But the travel will be the Professor was, we haven't traveled, they've been at home for months.
Speaker 2: Then everything's caught up because everybody they've been a Brookie virtually every week.
Speaker 1: Well, whatever has happened, things have caught up before. I think all the scandal this and that, and I think they would recalibrate. What'll just say about the professor, It.
Speaker 4: Was just a winging about the short turnaround. He said it was only five day turnaround or something. Okay, well, yeah, so three games in eight eight in like nine days or something like that ripped out some figure.
Speaker 2: That was pretty crazy, and uh yeah, well George professor.
Speaker 1: So Georgia were good mainly, we're good in just halfter half time for about and then they just had a bad hair.
Speaker 8: It was a great game, did you.
Speaker 2: That's fun? Looks good scenes? Did all right?
Speaker 5: Did you lost?
Speaker 8: Amazing Georgia.
Speaker 2: I was here with you on good Friday.
Speaker 1: We were together Nicola, and we saw something special. We saw sixty five thousand people on a good Friday, and the colors, the sounds and all the noises were coming through the television screen very very very very clear. And then what I saw was a team who exactly knows who they are and completely dominated a team which is still trying to find themselves.
Speaker 2: The score flattered for me. The score flatter itself got nil. Yeah, you flatter them with will We had over sixty percent of the boar they were in there. The issue is that we did.
Speaker 1: The argument is that we might have been dominant, we didn't score enough. My view is that we scored thirty two Neil, but everybody on the on the blogs and that saying.
Speaker 2: That apparently they're moving on a trail back to full back this week, and yeah, but him and Cady they're just misfiring.
Speaker 1: Cody come off with an injury. He came off did he hand me or something? So so look, I not only knew this was going to happen, I thought it was going to be a bit more closer. But Souths hadn't played a team with as I call it, the fast legs. So it's about motion and the dogs. What they're doing which is so successful is motion and movement. So it took three years or two and a half years for Sierra to get them to that fitness point that they need to always be moving, always be moving. So when you see someone trying to crash over for a try, you see all blue and white around them. Someone's underneath him, over him, you know what I mean? So what that is that what that means is they're fit enough to cover and to scramble. And that's that's the difference. And the line, even on television, you can't tell how fast the line moves up on television that much you can tell live, but when it's so obvious on television the line is moving so quickly and you're suffocating the main ball players. That's pretty pretty impressive, you know when you when you see presidents, which I hate, Preston got the three.
Speaker 2: Preston done forty one tacles.
Speaker 9: Yeah, okay, sorry, no, no, Max KX King, you know right, you're right, yes, Actually he actually ran for two hundred and thirty two uh tenyres tenures.
Speaker 1: Man Joe Gray actually second that for one hundred and sixty five running meters and presidents called sorry president tackle had a forty one forty one tackles and your man again, Peter Mamozola is fifty four tackles.
Speaker 2: But it was dominance. There's nothing more you can say. I think more.
Speaker 1: There was more stuff happening off field than on field, and because so I just just couldn't get out of their quarter.
Speaker 2: I couldn't get out of the quarters. It was an impressive, very impressive. Really enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: And you know what we've got, We've got to have got. There's some some of these players have got to start being in conversations. Only two games a bag, but j Carres, it's got to be in the conversation for a blue jumper, he's got a big station.
Speaker 2: Where do you put him?
Speaker 1: Look, I'm not I'm not saying he's going to be in the team, But in the conversation I called, I've called Jacob Preston got in the conversation again, I don't believe he'll be in the team. Maybe in the squad, an extended squad, but gee, how he's playing at the moment. And Josh Kara and I wasn't a believer, but let me tell you more more I'm seeing him more, more of a believer I am. So Look, you know, teams come up against them, Nicola, and what they what they see on video and when they feel the pressure, the continuous pressure.
Speaker 2: Do you realize the Bulldogs conceded one tri since round three, Yes, plus ninety eight. At the moment, they're coming first plus three games one try.
Speaker 1: That's amazing, that's amazing, And that's a testament to to as as zero calls it quick feet, as we all know it called scramble, you know what I mean? And and two zeros are again credit their fitness levels.
Speaker 2: It's amazing.
Speaker 1: They're just the line for eighty minutes to move so quickly and how they get out of their of their dirty ball and we all talk about their small forwards, but how can how they can have link passes one fall to the other ford. So we get outside of the of the heating zone of the of the front rollers and the and the back rollers, and we're hitting the edges and then you know what, we turn it back inside straight through the guts. When when they when when they saw Souths on their knees, they turned it straight through the hole. So there are will case team as well.
Speaker 2: So I enjoyed it. It was great. I can't wait for tomorrow. Actually that's going to tell us, Uh yeah, it's so interesting.
Speaker 4: So these the bunnies ended up with a duck egg basically bad Mexican got three Matt Burton. I gave the two and kick out like those two were missing for how many weeks? And they still were winning and they came back and they were outstanding in that game as well.
Speaker 2: So is sorry mate, but your man pressed it didn't get no, no, no, I got I got it. I got it wrong.
Speaker 1: No, Joy great things back at full back. Little's back at full back is Joy on the Joy Gray on the bench bench.
Speaker 2: Good ten the Dolphins in the storm is one of the craziest games, saying, hell, what happened? What happened? Yeah, I was here, were here? What happened? Storm was winning sixteen? To just tell us what happened after that, mat it's.
Speaker 8: Just when you show up, you know, No, I think greatness happened really like I so you saw it at the end of the first half that the Dolphins just got a bit of kick. I don't know what happened, like I was. I don't know if it's the pickle juice they're having. Maybe they got some gatorade from the doggies, I don't know, But they realized that Georgia was like, what's in there? Really? Like, they just turned it up and that was awesome because what was it? So they hadn't scored till Josh Kerr Josh Kerr dragged two people across the line first try with.
Speaker 2: Him that amazing try. That was an amazing try, was amazing and.
Speaker 8: Then they just kind of kept going like what they do another tribe before halftime and they just came on with the force. That was the thing last week. Like because Dolphins their home ground is obviously Red Cliff it's Also if you looked around at the stadium too, it was largely read. And you know Nick hasn't been yet, but the vibe.
Speaker 2: Of suncle you know what it's like July twenty five, right, Yeah.
Speaker 8: You can almost become a Queenslander.
Speaker 2: Get easy.
Speaker 8: But yeah, look, I think I think it was good. I feel like, look, I love Monster when he's got the marine jersey on, but I feel like there's a bit very few, you know how you going moves from his side like you got a bit rough. But I also thought like their team, Dolphins team is they've got a bigger pack than last year. And Nick arema, oh my god, yeah what about that was the most enjoyable game they.
Speaker 2: Did a storm on the storm they did. He probably believe I was watching crazy. We thought it was going to blow out. That was crazy. I thought it was going to be a footing into the game. So I was sitting there with a nice pack wrapped around my arm in a church.
Speaker 4: So Christian wolf last week, but I haven't clear his team and this yeah what's his name?
Speaker 2: That's three in a row for the Dolphins, is I think so Christian.
Speaker 8: I think they were like what they said, They're like they've been in the two premiership runner up last year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Christian Wolf is proving because we know the history. Whoever follows super coach Christian Wolf is proving worth tell you, I want to I want to ask you. I want to ask you about race Stone.
Speaker 2: He's an animal. I'm going to tell you I was.
Speaker 8: But he's awesome.
Speaker 2: Left humans like Raystone are very rare. He was so he was so very very rare.
Speaker 8: His last try like just a little cheeky sidestep. So it's great.
Speaker 2: Graystone was so good. Can you tell me? Can you tell me about Max Planthon? Is he and because we don't get the commentary you get up there?
Speaker 1: Is he?
Speaker 2: Is he a chance of being the squad in the Maroons?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 8: No, well he's going to miss him and missing round eight, but that could be that they're resting him, right.
Speaker 1: Okay, And of course where all the strike happens at the back. Can you tell me about the hammer uh azarco And of course of course your manses like.
Speaker 8: His forms vacuum and converted not only but six out of seven, right, like he played an awesome game. It's nice to see like hammer score, you know what I mean? Like it's nice. That's what we're familiar with when you know last year and the year before. But I thought it was pretty well rounded. Like I was like, everyone in the team going to score a try at this point. But it's just nice, Like I genuinely I was like, Okay, Joshka is coming on first set, just drags the guys over. He just came out with a fourth. You've got rays Stone, just brilliant. Like it's nice to see kind of newer contributors, right that have been around for a while as well.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I'm going to say sorry to you to but if you name me, you'll know what I am. I'm gonna say now I Katawa. At the end, he put this try on, he went to the line. He double pumped, he opened he opened a hole. I think the past port had been a slightly forward, but who cares. It was augasmic that move and I'll see you next to Nicola and said double pump.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he went. He went to the line.
Speaker 1: He put the guy in front of him in in cement boots because he pumped at once. Then he pumped it again and the defender outside of him ran to the outside defender there's this massive, holy just I can't remember who punched through the whole. It might have been actually it might have been a Plath, but anyway he's punched, punched the whole. It might have been before, but that was special. It was that was all gasmic. I was on the I was I was rolling on the rolling on the couch to you know. I think I think Nicole was trying working out what's he doing?
Speaker 2: So when he said orgasm moved further away.
Speaker 8: I just think if you because obviously, like you know, the last two years, like looking at the Dolphins, the way they're playing, it's just a different like, yes, Bennett's Bennett's great, bit salty at him for moving on, and I understand why, but they just are playing differently. There's just something about them you can't, like, unless you saw the Master in the previous year, as much as I would have been in Queensland, there's just something different to them. It's like they have a bit more freedom or something. I don't know. There's just there's a flow that they've got with their playing style.
Speaker 6: It was it was great.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize that Daniel Cefiiti was actually a good player. I didn't and you Castle didn't show me anything.
Speaker 2: Is here the one that's played for in Origin. I think it's his brother. It's his brother. His brother's played for Daniel. I don't know who got the points for this one, three to one Isaiah Katoua.
Speaker 4: He had a ten out of ten performance according to Fitler or John's. I can't rememb which one of them said that he was very good three points, twenty twenty years old. Cody nick Arema got the two points and ray Stone got the one. So we all mention those guys in your previews. Well, d'antanna, but not you think.
Speaker 2: I like it's funny because one of the potential destinations they said for this year could be the Dolphins, and I hope, oh that would that upset things that I mean?
Speaker 4: I mean, I've got a feeling roosters meant to be honest, but I reckon he's going to retire.
Speaker 1: The way he's playing, it looks like he's not interested, not really, because if he can go to he could go to five vade because he's so experienced and he can nurture the youngster along. And in saying that he's twenty playing like twenty five he's will awheaded ahead of his time. But I think we've DC next to him, and I know where he's going to go. I do hope he goes to Redcliffe, I really do. I hope DC goes to Red Click Club. Definitely, definitely. I hope he goes for two years at Redcliffe and that will set up younger Tahoa beautifully, will accelerate his He's learning so much. Mind you, he doesn't they that much more accelerating. He's so good at the moment.
Speaker 4: But anyway, don't be surprised if his union maybe because it's less on the body, he can get more years out of it and more money. So you say brands, Yeah, I thought, because he wants to play in a World Cup of Australia or something. Talking we'll see, I'm interest at Queensland anyway, We'll see.
Speaker 2: What happened Tanya, what happened with the what happened with the Warriors and the Broncos Warriors twenty points?
Speaker 8: I was so sure, right, and then I was like, oh, well, she's having an off night.
Speaker 2: He was playing injured. He played injured the whole game virtually. He did his knee early in the game, and I think he did more damage playing it, Yes, but I should have taken him off. Now he's for six weeks.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, because he's not going into Origin either. The one thing I keep thinking about with this game, and it keeps coming up on my Instagram too, is that massive tackle. I forget who it was. I just absolutely like the Warriors guys just picks him up and just like smashes him on the ground. But yeah, look, disappointing. I was shocked that Walter's actually did something.
Speaker 2: That's just still got a few out there, don't they. Yeah, I think moving a full back around.
Speaker 8: Arthur's he's always guaranteed for a try. Great that well she did too, I think I just think, look, I had hope because it was raining and musicland, you know, and I thought they might struggle, but yeah, it was pretty because you know, it was pretty pretty bad. I think they just need to do a bit of a reassessment on their team and really look at not necessarily well, now Walsh can't play, but even if he was really looking at what works best for the team, like a couple of weeks ago, and I looked Staggers a great and everything, but when you had you know, Mariner there and like hunt like that really smooth, consistent, Like the try scorers looked different like at the beginning as around who stood out for the Warriors. Metcalfe was pretty good, I think, but then you know, I think for me it was a bit I don't know. I tried it. At some point I walked away because I just could. You know, when you're watching a game, you can't really see it impassively, you know, he stood out Sean Johnson in the crowd.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was having fun. It was having fun, definitely. The forwards are outstanding.
Speaker 1: The the the Warrior is forwards. They went in with a mission, they knew how they're going to stop them. They went in with a plan and long behold, the plan worked. We've seen this repeatedly, so there's a there's something that made's got to work on. Obviously, it happened in Canberra. It happened with someone else again, someone else blocked them out. This week is going to be for both teams and then we'll talk about it later the ultimate test, because they're coming off of a loss and they know exactly what's going to happen, so it's up to them.
Speaker 2: But I think it's it's more an attitude thing.
Speaker 1: Than a plane plaining thing, because like I said, on paper, they're scary somewhere along that eighty minutes, they just fall off, just a mental thing.
Speaker 2: So I'm sure, I'm sure, I'm sure magicill get them. I'm sure Maduic.
Speaker 8: Yeah, certainly happen for a short period. And it's been not a lot of movement like in that team, and he's coming in completely different state, different team. Like, there's a lot of political things and there you've got world terms, you got. Well, she's this shining star who hasn't, in my opinion, really gotten back to where he was, like what twelve months ago, eighteen months ago, probably trying to navigate a lot of internal stuff with Man on cover and everything else. He doesn't have an easy task. But yeah, we'll talk about it later. But I'm pretty excited for tomorrow.
Speaker 1: I think I think in two rounds, I think Man's going to come pulled straight in because Ben looks like he tired.
Speaker 2: He might either go back on the bench, he struggled, he struggled.
Speaker 1: I think he's just tired. Honestly, I just think I don't know if he can play a whole season at that level. So if he goes on the bench and comes on and does what he does in Origin, and you get man back at five eight who really understands Walshe who you know, they really understand each other, you might see a different different Walsh and a different thing.
Speaker 2: But we'll see when, if, and when that happened. Who got the points for that one.
Speaker 4: The funny thing about that game where he's scored four tries to three and it still ended up golden point. They just couldn't kick a goal, but likeily kick on it right in the end three two one. Jackson Ford is the smallest front rower and he had pain Hasse, Mitch, Bartnett and Garrigan anyway, one hundred and fifty one forty six tackles. He got the three points. He was outstanding Jackson Ford. Aaron Clark got the two points the back of the lock for the Warriors.
Speaker 2: He was everywhere.
Speaker 4: He was doing a lot of good runs and pain hass. He was just he was a shining light for the Bronco.
Speaker 1: He was he was from he never had a bad game, from a sinking from a sinking ship to He's probably the shining light.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he can he can get your sets started.
Speaker 1: So well, and then when that evolves during the year and they understand each other more scary proportion.
Speaker 2: Scary proportion, George, The soul Takers, the soul Takers forty points to twelve over the hapless Roosters, the helpless Rulesses. Actually, the first half was exciting, was good. What happened to talk us through?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Penrith looked like a mess at the start. Okay, and it looked like a mess at the start. I'll doing all the things I'll do in the previous weeks. They looked disjointed, they were dropping the ball, they weren't tying in. But as the game went on and the Rousters couldn't put them away, things started jelling. The pass has got it started jelling. They've got out the line. Speed started moving moving up quicker and in a straight line. So what I haven't did, what I haven't decided to.
Speaker 2: Do for this game.
Speaker 1: He threw away all those sweeping moves and all those all those shapes they come up with and just played a very simple and I can't believe that you can do that changed the whole team in a whole week, in one week, but a very simple very simple game plan, just sort of, you know, three hitt ups and we're going to go wide, which I was watching it and I'm thinking, oh, look at that.
Speaker 2: Change it in a week.
Speaker 1: As the game went on. As the game went on, As the game went on, they started finding their confidence, and all of a sudden, the past was sticking. The half breaks were happening. We we got Mitch Ken, you who changed that forward pack, and I think he's out again. He came up with fifty tackles.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 1: Look look look Ghana in the center. Look not traditional center, but tied up. Tied up a problem. He just tied up a problem. Uh.
Speaker 2: And Blaze started feeling his way.
Speaker 1: Like I said, it's going to take him a while to become a Panther, but started feeling his way.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 1: And Nathan did Nathan sort of things, you know, I mean, kept on, kept on trying to support all the boys around him like he does. By the end, by the end of this game, they had clicked in. They had clicked in, and they were playing some sort of remnants of a Panther style sort of game. Obviously, the score says forty to twelve. The score could be a little bit deceiving. I don't think the Russ were that bad, and I don't think pendrithh for that good. But they scored forty points and it's a big it's a big boost at the end of By the end of the game, the last fifteen minutes, watching them play some sort of panther style football, I started, I started enjoying. I enjoyed the game again. I didn't think it's going to be the score of Flatters are Pendriff. Don't look at the score. Not a Pendriff beat Russ.
Speaker 5: Forty.
Speaker 2: Rusters have got the issue, I.
Speaker 1: Believe, because they get out of trouble well, they get into taking positions, but those they just can't execute. They can't nice thin. So I don't know what's happening there, and I think they've haven't got two victories. If I'm not wrong, that's right. Yeah, so they better start winning.
Speaker 4: A lot of injuries, a lot of juniors, a lot of young kids playing.
Speaker 1: Pend Yeah, I mean Rusters. Yeah, yeah, Look, we know this ship might be a bit of a down down here, but Pene got the second win.
Speaker 2: Let's move on. Haven't they get another one? Three two ones?
Speaker 4: So mat three to two one for that one is Nathan Cleary got to the three points. Mitch Kenney, he was outstanding the hooker. They missed him.
Speaker 2: Oh he's very good. Changed everything.
Speaker 4: And Dylan Edwards had one of his better games, so he got the one point in the end, a.
Speaker 2: Run over to fifty meters. Yeah, so there's little ingredients come in.
Speaker 6: So so.
Speaker 1: Some of the young players that come in have come in because they haven't got all this experience around them, and they get isolated. They look like they're players have played twelve, twelve in a row games. Now they haven't got to go guy the next time. He's got one hundred and fifty or one hundred games, so they get isolated again. Blaze, what has he got thirty games? I think he's got between thirty ten, seven or eight exactly two. Now let's say fifteen. Let's say fifteen. Well, he looks it and McLean I think he's probably got fifteen, the same as Blaze.
Speaker 2: So he looks it.
Speaker 1: He looks like he's got Jenkins. I know he's twenty four, but I think he's got half a dozen NRL games, or he looks like he has as well, you know what I mean. So look by the end of the year. I look, I don't expected to make the eight now, but by the end of the year they might be starting to build another.
Speaker 2: Another little key.
Speaker 1: Fact that is that the Residue ball came twelfth and the Jersey Flee came fourteenth. So those streams of kids coming through, which was that's striking.
Speaker 2: You just can't turn them out that quick. They've been they've been torn that I think the Tigers have five premiership winners, bull Dogs have got three, three, Dolphins have got Katoa. He was like he was the next one. He was the next one. Spencer Lends torn to shreds Fisher Harris have been torn to shred The Tigers have got stains Nayden blue Eye, the River wouldn't have one premierships there.
Speaker 1: But the biggest issue is this, the Super League mostly taken the next generation Panthers, so the ones who have been groomed to coming to coming so you know, to take these kids, Well, they're being taken and now we're working on the next generation.
Speaker 2: So now they're working on the other generation. We've got a gap now. So they've been raped so much, there's nothing.
Speaker 4: More to rape now rape he's another one younger he was. He was the backup to dinner. Their backups are going.
Speaker 2: So also param Hooker, who's doing really well as well.
Speaker 1: I watched Super League and there's kids I don't know, and when they score, try to do something, they have a little flag next to their names, okay, and it's usually like Australia on it and then you google it you see it's a paid of And I watched.
Speaker 2: My first half game of league, watched super.
Speaker 8: League, watched super I was watching super League on the weekend.
Speaker 5: Who whole.
Speaker 2: The whole whole one?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 12: One?
Speaker 2: Which one did you watch too? What the hell?
Speaker 8: It was one that was on like eleven o'clock on a Saturday. Maybe it was a whole one.
Speaker 2: The whole Friday night, Friday. Yeah, so you're watching you're watching some helens.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So their marketing is so eighties.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh, they're on the news. They're on the news. And now how much you're like talking about Hudson. He's on fire? Canbra thirty points to twenty over the Gold Coast? Mate? What a game? Now?
Speaker 4: In the twentieth minute it was sixteen nil Titans and then it ended up sixteen all at half time. Hudson scored to try, Ethan's Strange scored, so it ended up sixteen all at half time and then second half Cambra scored to try quickly straight after the thing, and then Alan Fitzgibbons scored for the Titans and Cambra scored the final wanted to run it out thirty to twenty, so good win by the Raiders. Hudson Young was outstanding, called out to Ethan Strange as well. He was good for the Titans. I thought, sorry for the Titans. I thought they were going to finally get a win, but they unfortunately couldn't get over the line. That's all I've really got to say about this one, because I was really more looking at the Penrith Rusters game. But who Foggedy? Yeah, he played well. And Mattie Nicholson he was very very good. The Raiders can short find an Englishman like they just got rid of Elliott Whitehead and then they've got this Nicholson guy that's just filling in for Whitehead, and they got Morgan Smithy's as well. So the Raiders, they always go to England and they always come back with some gold. So keep it up. I don't know why other teams don't do it. To be honest, I'm going to jump in and jump the gun a bit the cat halls.
Speaker 2: But he'll be wearing Moraine he played Jackie Hunts will be wearing the blue. He'll be wearing blue. He'll be on the bench. It's a lot of jumpers, a squad of about forty fifty and what what he is trying to do?
Speaker 1: He better start executed because they're going to be too far away to make the eight and he's going to lose his job. Honestly, he's going to lose his job. And you know what, with that roster, with that massive pack that he's got. I don't understand what he's trying to do. I really don't. Is it an issue that they don't execute? I don't know, But as he please, because I'm you know, you're one of my favorite coaches. You've got you've got a roster there, You've got a team there, mate, so you should be hovering around the aid.
Speaker 2: Definitely. I don't know what it is. With the Gold Coast stated.
Speaker 4: Three two one, Hudson Young got the three points, Maddie Nicholson the Englishman got the two and Big Tino I got thirty eight tackles, ninety five percent efficiency there and one hundred and forty odd meters, So the guy was on fire.
Speaker 2: Big might just make them just a couple of his A lock? Is he a big lock? Is a big anything playing?
Speaker 1: So he's a lock which plays middle like a front. But but guess what on sweeps he's playing on the edge of So.
Speaker 2: How does he do it? I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's pretty amazing. He's one hundred and twenty monster. It's nearly his biggest playing huss if not bigger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's huge.
Speaker 1: He makes the same meters as well. So anyway, he's he's a he's a good one.
Speaker 4: He's got a long contract too, isn't he Didn't he sign for six or seventy ten years?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a ten year. Yeah, I'm intrigued. I heard it the other day. That's what I thought. Think it's a long I think so, I mean trigue, he's worth it, worth recent. Yeah, I'm intrigued. Melbourne tries to get him back to Yeah, how does.
Speaker 1: How does the Gold Coast time is fit into the into the sort of brisbaneneath us in terms of all the teams highly regarded they just gold Case.
Speaker 8: And Brisbane are very interesting. I think generally from a city perspective, Gold Coast is quite closed and clicking. So even when we moved here eleven years ago, it was hard to integrate because they want to know that you're actually part of I guess the community. And you know, I've had experience one. We sponsored the Titans years and years ago, and we sponsored Kevin proc to the year that he got in trouble for something. Yeah, I saw him the other day. I was gonna ask him for my money back. But yeah, I guess it's it's very how the clubs run. It's yeah, it's it's very I don't know. I think there's a lot of stuff behind Dolphins and Cowboys and obviously Broncos, but Gold Coast is a little bit political.
Speaker 2: I think it's probably it's a privately own club.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, so it's going by local. Well, the people that are on the board, they are they're local. They have local businesses on the Gold Coast. But I would imagine the reasons why some of that ross is not being used is probably from a not from DESI would be from perhaps other motivating above. Okay, yeah, I'm.
Speaker 1: Just interested how they've looked on in terms of the I mean, I mean, I guess North Queensland is far enough not to be or the Queensland but not to be sort of Brisbane sort of thing.
Speaker 8: I mean, everyone loves like they love the Titans, like on the Gold Coast they do, like one hundred percent big. A lot of them come from Burley Bears, like Ballet Bears. Is definitely that that cistern and definitely that feeded team. There's a massive support, but I think they just need to be commercially run. They just they're still young club, right, They don't have the experience of you know, regardless of however the draw looks, although you know the scores look yet a year at least the clubs, particularly in Sydney have extensive years of experience of running clubs. A Gold Coast you know, just still need to learn a little bit around how to manage and lead. I think a bit well loved down here very much. You are surrounded by blue when you go to games.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll cover off the next couple of games. So Newcastle going down to the Sharks thirty four points to fourteen. Another another poor loss at home. George at Newcastle this this game, it's more about them than it is about the Sharks. They were horrible. Newcasts were horrible. Tyson Gamble was really was really poor. I don't know what really to say. I mean, the Sharks kind of phoned it in. I'm going to take a while's stab me. It looks like a team that's lost, Uh, the faith in a coach. I thought it happened last year, but somehow he got it back. But this team, when you look at the individuals, when you look at the list and you see what they put it on the field, I mean, it looks like the faith in it. Like the roosters. They do have a few players out, A lot of players they do they do. I remember the bench there was quite a few.
Speaker 4: It's still a good list. But their halves, that's the biggest issue. They've got different halves every week.
Speaker 1: What do you do?
Speaker 2: Half? What are you doing?
Speaker 4: They're changing, they get injured, they get injured, or they can't put steady arms in there because they're always out the next week.
Speaker 2: Okay, bad gamble, first game for the year. Planning this week before that, they had someone else. The Sharks went through the motions they did, so what do we just write this year off and wade for for Dylan that team. That's what there was their suggesting. And then and then what we're going to do go to waste.
Speaker 4: Wait, but I don't go this write teams off now, like all you have to do is win twelve games. There's twenty games to go.
Speaker 2: It's true, it's true. But when you've when you've won one or two hours seven, that's true. But you know what, I just had a run of five six games in the back.
Speaker 1: The only thing is and trust me, they've got the potential to win five six games and more with all the cattle they've got. But just what my eyes tell me, what I see is what I talk about now. I mean, I don't know to worry.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: This week they could come out and smash it with the playing and we could be saying that he's the best coach in the world and the carp spools the best English important in the world. But at the moment I'm seeing Coronella have fanded in. Nicole said fan in. Then they fanned it in.
Speaker 4: They all right, They've got the recruitment manager Peter O. Sullivan, one of the best in the business. Differently, so, and this is his first year. He's sort of getting a team together. He got them brown. But anyway, so I think he's going to cut it and get a few players out. So I think they're going to be in a rebuilding stage. So I wouldn't writ him off.
Speaker 2: Own Betty coach. Well, he's got a contract for another it's the longest serving, so they're not going to get rid of him. The pay will be a massive Just a quick sidebar or any coaches under pressure this year, I don't think this year. I don't think this year. Is there one other pressure? Really?
Speaker 4: Do you think that if the Titans finished really at the bottom, that Daisy might be.
Speaker 1: He's got another year, but the conversation, but with that roster, with that pack, he's got to do better.
Speaker 2: I know you think you would.
Speaker 1: I don't think you expect him to win the camp. I don't think they would expect to be top four. But to be holvering around the eight will be nice for the Titans because they're pretty stacked. They've got a good team. I don't I don't know, and I don't know what the.
Speaker 2: The juniors are like.
Speaker 1: I don't know if they've got they got underneath, like I know that the Dolphins, the Fins are just stacked as stack can be. And I know I Switch is just supplying the Broncos kids galore.
Speaker 2: So I don't know what. I don't know what. God anyway, points for this one, points for that one.
Speaker 4: The three points went to Blake Brayley, the hooker. He played really well for the Sharks. Will Kennedy the Shark fans favorite, and and Greg Marju got the wonder we got the one point for the night did you say it?
Speaker 2: Run?
Speaker 4: He made where he's been like one hundred players, Greg, that was a superb ru and every growth bike not really, but anyway, he's beat a lot of players through and.
Speaker 7: Love it.
Speaker 2: And obviously Easter Monday the last game, it was thirty eight points to twenty two of the Tigers. This would have been a great game to watch if you're in neutral. How good was it? My throat last two minutes.
Speaker 8: I've waited an hour and a half to talk about this game.
Speaker 2: It was such a good talk to us, talk to us about it. You talked to us, all right?
Speaker 8: That happened in the.
Speaker 2: Score twenty two. There was a bunch of bad decisions in this game. Both ways. I mean that the hip drop, the sinbinnings, there was just they got a lot wrong. None of it impacted the end result of the game. It was ten all at halftime. Harris scored three times in ten minutes. After the break, Tigers came back. When you know, Jerome Lewi had two triases, but that was against eleven men when parad to in the bin and then one in the bin and then when it was even the story of the day was Mitchell Moses. Yes, he came back and forget about what he did individually, four triass, the forty twenty, the kicking game in general, but the whole team lifted. It's the first time this year I've seen him defend with purpose. And Dylan Brown just played his own game, which is what proves to me that his best game is alongside a steady half. That's why I can't you know anyway that's that's neary here or there. But I had a great game. They all, yeah, they Moses brought it home. Great win.
Speaker 1: I'll go a bit further than that on Mitch because I think Mitch is the best half bak in the world. How good is it when you're getting a ball from a half back and he's putting you on shoulders or in space.
Speaker 2: I mean, how good the long a long you look.
Speaker 4: He was fantastic and he's always been grateful.
Speaker 2: But he looked like explosion.
Speaker 1: This game had me on on on the edge of my seat for full eighty minutes, and I was waiting for something to happen. Like usually I'm really loud and vocal, as people will know, but I'm sitting on the on the edge of the my lounge, in my mouth open. I'm thinking what else can happen? What else can happen?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 8: I had to message Nick to ask if he was alive, if I was breeding like we our house, like we were screaming, always were jumping up and down like it was yeah. And I think, look, you know, despite how we feel about you know, Moses, like another we were talking about him a lot last year, and and you know, whether he is worse, you know that, and how it shouldn't hinge on that really good captain, like you know, when we see Cleary out or Tino out, it makes such a difference. Right, what did you guys think about the Taruva fight.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what I thought about that, right, It's it's clear that Taruva lost his call, right, and that's.
Speaker 8: You going back. He kept going back from me.
Speaker 2: That's because he's an idiot. Right. It's clear that he lost his call because of all everything that happened in a few days leading up to it, because we haven't seen him that emotional yet, so obviously for him, right, maybe he's learning how to use Instagram. I don't know, but what what What upset me about that was that he came in and did something silly that was just uncalled for. But then the para player got simbind as well for reacting. How do you not react like they should have had a symbin for that incident. There shouldn't have been a player each, right, and all he did was grab him, you know, but he lost his call in defense, he was terrible. Ado Car tore him apart to Ruvera's mind was not in the game, right, And I'll tell you two other things. I know where you guys are going to go with this, but I don't care. I'm going to say it anyway. There was one instance in the game, and then the lead up to the game, all the talk was about Lui and his leadership right, with Galvin not there and all the rest of it. There was one instance in the game where the commentator actually called it out because I didn't even notice until I heard it. There was a breaking play, and the commentator said, if you look now, Paramatter is in a huddle and Moses is screaming instructions at him. The Tigers are all spread out and louis standing on the wing by himself. That's incident number one. Incident number two. They're defending their try line and you can see this in the highlights, right, the Tigers are defending their try line. Lui being Loui. When the para hooker makes it a dig from dumbing half of the try line while he's tackling him, he intentionally pulls his head gar Off right. I don't know why, but that's just throwing Lui right, pulls his head. Gar Off, throws on the ground, Jack Bird, bring the brain surgeon, the Heys grabs their head, he throws it away. Power get the ball and dive into that space to score. So you've got two of the most experienced players in the team with the biggest balls up to just cost their team six points because they were trying to be smartasses. Yeah, that's the leadership that they're playing under at the moment.
Speaker 8: It's a completely different time of the year, right, But we see the greatest of the greatest during Origin behave atrociously, do you know what I mean? And I think because we were sitting at home and the boys in Korea were like annoyed that the Eels player got sent off and they're like blowing up, and you know, everyone's getting really get up about like true friend stuff. And I I said, whilst it is not fair and what are you supposed to do, Like you can't not react. But again, if we look at it from if they're trying to play kate a crowd too, it makes sense to me why both were sent off, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: But I do feel like that that he instigated something for no reason at all. He should have gone to the symbin on his own.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, And I think I just I was pacing like I did my ankle again because.
Speaker 11: I was I.
Speaker 2: Can ask you guys about's cymbini. Yeah, I mean, that's the first time in rugby league I've ever heard the last man you hear that in soccer when penalties are awarded when there's a red card. It was barely a penalty. He got synbin that professional fouls. Yeah, they called it. He would have scored if because but Sean Russell was there. Yeah as well. That was a weird one. And the Tigers scored two tries against eleven men in that period, which is where they they shortened the gap from twenty six ten to twenty six twenty two.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's why the refs getting moved. It's because of that game.
Speaker 2: So he should he lost control. That was a terrible court. He lost control of that game.
Speaker 8: That was a good game though.
Speaker 1: It was the actual games as a neutral, as a spectacle. I had me on my seat. It was outstanding the game. At the end of the day, it was all about Mitch, and which is.
Speaker 2: What about me? Could you make an argument for Mitch Moses try saving tackle? Yes, that could and probably should have been apparently try I don't remember the incident. Yeah when you hit him high? Oh yes, yes, well yeah, they said he wouldn't have he wouldn't have scored. I mean, if he doesn't make contact, he scores. To me, just to prove it, I'm not biased. To me, that's a penalty trick. Yeah, he's thicking.
Speaker 4: He would have got there anyway, but he just got him high. That's probably what it's stinking.
Speaker 2: To try. But then for for Moses because change. That's why I'm not harsh to for Moses to do what he did on the zero on the zero tackle and kick for the winner. Yeah. Yeah, the most perfect kick to win the games in terms of.
Speaker 1: In terms of kicking, that's what and that's what I talk about all the time. I've spoken about this years and years and on this in terms of when you're a half back and you need to turn momentum or you need to do something the half do it. Is it a kick maybe? Is it a chip maybe? Is it is it a tackle maybe? But you're the one who's got to do it.
Speaker 2: Or Mitch showed every part of I'm the best half back in the world on on Monday.
Speaker 1: On top of that, I just talk talk about or May. I thought he was outstanding. And in terms of Jeron, maybe he's a good Robin because Nathan Nathan would have taken that game by the balls and brought it home.
Speaker 2: What was I mean? Obviously Galvin wasn't there, but they were missing something in the Tigers on Monday, missing Galvin. That'sout, missing Galvin. Yeah, that's what I said.
Speaker 8: You watched some of you watch them get Gavin back in this week. I think it's just like if we go back to, you know, when all itself is happening with Broncos, and of course I'm going to look at that having more experience with it up here as well with news the team was playing terribly right the games after then announced his leaving Dolphins teams played terribly as well. You cannot imagine one how awkward intense it would be in a Tiger's training session right now. There is no unity at all, and they are then seeing that. You can tell when teams are you know, but do.
Speaker 2: You think that's a result of Because we're talking about a player, probably the least experienced one there, it's not about him. So what's causing the lack of unity is a coach.
Speaker 8: If you work for a company that has a particular style of leadership and people are jumping ship or people are in your ear about other people and there's a bit of office gossip, and then put that on a national platform on top of parents and children and everything else and traveling and injuries. That's going to create massive impacts from a culture perspective. They're not they're not unified.
Speaker 2: That's the point. That's the point. That's the whole point I was trying to make it at the start of this pod was that they're lacking leadership. They're lacking leadership.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but we're ever going to get rid of Benji?
Speaker 2: No, Well, I don't know if he keeps losing games, he's not going to be there in two years before this game, that was seventh. But they're lacking topic. They won, They've won three games. Yeah, they've won three games, but they've improved out of side. Well, they've won three games, but many terms of third or fourth best defense.
Speaker 1: In the.
Speaker 2: Last they just lost. They just lost to the last place team and they topped thirty eight points against them.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Right, let's take that into difficult circus. A bad hair day. The best player was one of the best players, wasn't playing their most junior, inexperienced players.
Speaker 4: The reason their third is because of him, premiership winners on the field, But three wins have become the back of him.
Speaker 2: What's the argument here? Oneanding, No, I'm just I'm just saying. My whole point was the lack of leadership right, not only at the club but also on the field. I've got a feeling absolutely that this huge investment into Jerome noway is going to backfire. Well, let's see, because he has he hasn't been great this year.
Speaker 4: It was twenty two and then yeah, eleven eleven men thrown everything and then against eleven men, forget what a team?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, we're missing the point.
Speaker 1: Forget forget the score for the minute. Okay, okay, think of the way the way Nicole was saying and what I'm saying. Okay, derone little White last year was next to Nathan in this situation. What will Nathan do against Paramoutic'll take it by the balls and win it. Yeah, absolutely, Well that's why there was there to be one. That's what they bought him.
Speaker 2: He didn't do it. He was missing. Actually, do you feel he's lived up so far this year?
Speaker 1: Look at the moment he's trying to find him his way. I'm going to I'm not going to talk until after Origin because he's it's a big change getting the ball from.
Speaker 2: Nathan, He's passing the two. He's a really shocked for you if clearly and Moses a fit. He's not playing absolutely not absolutely, Nathan's the best player in the world, and and and Jerone's the I mean me, which is the best half back in the world. Is no down in my mind? Is that down in my mind? That that's my whole point. Is my whole point? I said three. My whole point was about the lack of leadership. No, you're right, but you're absolutely right. A bit on the field upstairs, absolutely, and the cowboys had to buy Who got the points?
Speaker 4: Moses got the ninety points is top of the minor He's already Mitchell Moses on three points. Younger the fullback, got two. He's having an outstanding season. The young and Terroll May got the one point. And the leaderboard for Minori's three to one. Our leader is Terrell May on thirteen points. Twelve points is Jay Gray paying hasse on ten and then you've got a laquet and too disco on nine.
Speaker 2: Joe Gray in his in his post match press you know I like watching the press conferences, the one that Shane Richardson had to intervene in. Benji was asked about two things, the taruva Tim Minning right and and the childish way he carried on and the the whole blue Jack bird head gear incident, and Benji was pissed. You could tell straight away, and he alluded to, yeah, I'll be dealing with that. He was very very unhappy, right, good good.
Speaker 8: Yeah good yeah, telling me swore on air.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, God help replace.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's he's not happy, and he's he's picking a few players and telling him what he thinks about.
Speaker 2: If I was on that field, I wouldn't have wanted the game to end. Let's say this week might be a hard week down in We'll look the Cowboys had to buy it.
Speaker 4: Let's go Artie for Crystal Wall. Crystal Wall goes. So tomorrow night we've got a big blockbuster of a game. We've got the Broncos up against the Bulldogs. Royce Welsh out with an injury, Man Mariners back in. You love Mariner. He's back in and Cobo is going to fall back for the Bulldogs. Jack Todd out and Harry Hayes on the bench. Ricky versus Preston will be a good one. Broncos won five of the last six and Broncos Adam Reynolds fifteen more points to beat Hazmel Mesery's record and become second score.
Speaker 2: Imagine he gets it against the Dogs. I doubt he'll get fifteen.
Speaker 4: But anyway, so and this is the Bulldog and the Bulldogs if they get seven, if they win this first time they won seven in a row since twenty fourteen.
Speaker 2: Wow, the breaking records. And George, I've got to say this, Please forgive me. Last week, George, he said the real test would come this week's week. It's not it is against.
Speaker 8: Who's saying that? Because I don't agree against against?
Speaker 1: Who?
Speaker 2: Brokos? What test?
Speaker 13: Well, let's let's let's let's break it down. Let's let's lost to their last three. We don't know which team is going to turn up and now there's no Rece Walsh. We don't know which we get tested against Broncos.
Speaker 2: What a mean? Look at the list. Look at the list exactly.
Speaker 1: Stags, the Japanese guy Jesse, look at the list compared to I.
Speaker 2: Think, if get on top, you never know what's their last month? Sorry, what's their former.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what I'm talking about. That's exactly what I'm talking about. Because the Broncos know exactly what they're going to get. There's no there's No, there's no there's no other way the dogs play. They play one way, that's it. So they can train for that. Now they've been disappointed the last couple of weeks. So guess what this list they've got they play, they can play on much a much higher level than that they're playing. Okay, and we've ball in hand ten times more dangerous than us.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I heard I heard Carrigan, Patrick Carrigan on s c N and he said that we dusted him in the trials and expectable dust them again.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's what he said talking. That's what he's that's what he heard. It I heard is anyone not tipping the Bulldogs.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying, all I'm saying to you guys is can we can we defend against a team which is stacked full of attacking weapons?
Speaker 14: What I'm saying they haven't looked like it against the Warriors. But they know what's going to happen. They know what what's coming, what's what's coming every week, they know what's coming. All they have to do is lift easier said than that, but but it's there in front of him. The best attacking weapon isn't there?
Speaker 2: Who's that he's been playing buster for the last week. The whole team. I think Cobo has been playing xcell. It's not a bad replacement. Is better than.
Speaker 8: Willison. You got Marina back in.
Speaker 2: I'm tipping Bulldogs, absolutely Bulldogs too. But all I'm saying. All I'm saying is what they have to do is lift and then.
Speaker 1: To put my hand up and eat my shorts next week. No, no, no, I'm taking dogs and I don't think that.
Speaker 2: I don't. I think Dog's twenty five.
Speaker 4: No, I'm going I'm going with I'm going Broncos with Tanya only because of one thing. If Kevin Walters was coaching Broncos, I'd been going Bulldogs. But I think maguire, Yes, I'm trying to might being backing.
Speaker 2: I'd love to see a cracker over the game, right, So yeah, I just don't see it. That's all. That's what I'm talking about. I'm going to form. Yeah, well that's what Yeah my eyes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure I should shouldn't deceive me. And you're right twenty plus the Bulldogs right here and now. But we're talking about Broncos and we're talking about a coach who can rally.
Speaker 2: The second last week the coach was the best of all time and they didn't get a point on the board.
Speaker 1: Is this wayen Bennett Bennett Yeah, souths Yeah. Okay, well look at the look at the list and look at this list. That's the I don't know, look at the form run Yeah.
Speaker 2: Look I get it. I hear what you're saying.
Speaker 1: But if you're telling me Broncos at the best, at their best, at their best, can't.
Speaker 2: No, No, I just don't believe they'll be their best. That's what That's what I'm saying, is their form hasn't shown. It's up to saying that the list. Yeah, but it's up to them to be something near their best and they'll give This is what we say. I haven't really heard we do. I want to see a great I want to see a great game. I want to know I'd love to see a golden pot.
Speaker 1: I personally want to know that Canby Can with all these attacking weapons can be in the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because really, in theory they shouldn't be. Cany has got the best offense. Yeah, but okay, that's fine. SID one trying three. That's the problem.
Speaker 8: Very predictable. We study that. So who are a different type of team. But look, we'll see it's will know in twenty four hours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, two for Broncos and two for the Dogs. What do you what do you what do you think? What's the what's the movie you're saying up there?
Speaker 8: Well, really like I think it's you know, Welsh's out, like he has been a bit disappointing.
Speaker 12: For for a lot of us.
Speaker 2: Better I think I think honestly, I do too attacking work and.
Speaker 8: You've just got like obviously I saw a lot of the games too, like at the beginning, like even pres and you've just got a bit of that more agile team playing. They're playing at home I bet you Madgs like right up them too, because they've had two losses like Roosters at home and then Warriors, and they're going to be playing at home. And last year I think Doggies because we haven't played you guys since July, so last year I think I was like, you guys smashed us as like forty two, sixteen or twelve.
Speaker 2: Or something back in the year.
Speaker 8: There will be there will be some sort of vendetta there. It's going to be like a Rooster's Broncos game, like it's going to be a really aggressive thing. Keen.
Speaker 4: I'd be really worried if the Broncos gets smash tomorrow. Honestly, for the rest of the suason. The next game is Anzac Day starts. We've got the Roosters up against the Dragons, a typical game. Rousters are one of the last eleven or thirteen. Blake Lorrie hits his one fiftieth game. Dom Young dropped for this game. Billy Smith returns and no Quantis here is going on the wing, and Angus Krichton returns.
Speaker 2: Three games. Yeah, I know, yeah, that's one. I'm going to Dragons already. The Dragons.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, well we've got Figure and Hami Stewart out for nowe kipping Eye.
Speaker 2: This guy Fewe, he's a very good winner. He's playing for us. So Dragons, I think, I think.
Speaker 1: I think the Dragons have got a long memory. I think last year on this day they lost by fifty by forty wall there in the stands. I think those memories will come back, and I don't think that they'll be living without two points.
Speaker 2: The Dragons, we.
Speaker 4: Haven't won more than three games in a row for a very long time. I doubt we're going to do it now, So I'm going the roost.
Speaker 2: We've had too many wins. I'm just going to go rooster, gone, back to back, back to back.
Speaker 4: Dragons, Dragons, Dragons Now. The next one after that is at Apollo Project Stadium. Where the hell is that?
Speaker 2: Is that something?
Speaker 4: I've got nobody else to have a look, But anyway.
Speaker 2: It's going to be in New Zealand because time it is even actually Church.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Chross Church Warriors versus the Knights Warriors one for in the last six Knights haven't won. I've only won one game or two games in New Zealand.
Speaker 2: They're ship there.
Speaker 4: No one's out for Warriors, clocks that actually comes back in from from concussion to a Bickie moves to the wing and Rocko Berry goes back and Cope well Is moves to the back row. So they've made a few little adjustments. But for Newcastle we've got Dylan Lucas. He was outstanding at the start of the year.
Speaker 2: He was really good.
Speaker 4: And Jack Cogger has been named on the extended So what's your thoughts on this one?
Speaker 2: Come on, Creed, I've got going the worst Warriors hands down. I've got to.
Speaker 1: Believe my eyes Yeah, I've got to believe my eyes what I've been seeing, and I can't.
Speaker 2: I can't. I just can't. Yeah, I just can't. Warriors, Yeah, Warriors, we've all agreed on one game. There you go, that's the one we've agreed on.
Speaker 4: And to close off ins Dy, we've got Storm and the Rabbit's got to help the Rabbits.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think we need to.
Speaker 4: I feel so sorry for this is exactly Storm of won all nineteen games against rabbit Os.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when Bennett hasn't. Do you know I heard I heard that South have not won in Melbourne since ninety nine. Yep, that's correct, which would be Melbourne's second season it existed.
Speaker 1: And you know, you know, you know what, what could be worse than that? If Melbourne last week got flogged?
Speaker 2: I know that's a funny story. You might remember this was It was Magic Round. I think it was three or four years ago, right and Paramatta were playing Melbourne in Magic in Brisbane and the week before I think Para had a decent win. Melbourne got belt it right badly. I can't remember who by and I just remember going, oh man, and I watched I watched the Melbourne Press conference, and it was the press conference where Bellamie goes, no one in this team is safe, no one, no one in this team is safe. He had all the big three right, no one in this team is safe, and I'm like, oh man. And then the following week it was like sixty six for six or something like that. You just know it's coming, right, you just know it's coming.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, Paul Wayne Bennett hasn't beaten a Bellamy coach team since twenty sixteen. Really, yeah, So he's had three teams to go with him and he still hasn't beaten him. Jack Howarth out with a shoulder injury, and boy George com a chameleon. He's out, Oh, nick meany but returns for Jack Howard, so it's not bad replacement. And Nelson the role model is on the bench, on the bench to yeah, Joe Gray's on the bench. Lewis Dodd dropped Lachlan out with catch. He's been really good. Latrell to fullback, Campbell Graham shifts to the center. You're and aken to the back row. Jaydon Sullivan back at seven from suspension. I don't think we'll see doesn't matter, No, he doesn't. I don't think we'll see the proof all the I don't think we'll see the benefit of of Joe going back to the bench this week, but in weeks to come. I think super Coach got a and always had a plan, and I think I think we'll see the benefits of him coming on when the Ords are fatigued coming through the middle.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I think super catch has a problem. Oh yeah, Platrel Let's does a full back back from full back?
Speaker 8: Can you imagine if they beat Melbourne?
Speaker 2: What a Boilers.
Speaker 8: I'll be like, I don't know what's happening this year.
Speaker 2: For me, this prediction is not it's nothing to do with It's all about Melbourn and what happened last week. Yeah, that's to me Melbourne.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I think on Anzac Day they usually flog Warriors. Anyway, it's a good day for the Storm. Whoever plays a Storm on days have bad days, then they really have bad days.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Following that the next day on the Sunday, we'll get Cowboys up against the Titans, Battle of Queensland, North of the South. Cowboys winger Telaggi plays his one hundredth game. Titans only one one game of the last thirteen ko' donald Sam McIntyre dropped Bateman's back and then I starting side, which is two good inns for the Cowboys. The two brothers Kalise Hass and Isaac Varmer Salata are both dropped. David Frieda returns. No, he's been named. Actually he's got a hamstring injury, but they named him. Whether he plays or not, we don't know.
Speaker 2: Your man.
Speaker 4: Alf can Pererra is back from a hamstring injury. So what's your thoughts on this one very tough game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm going to Cowboys at home. Cowboys enough.
Speaker 8: Yeah, if they had one last week, I would have had a different thought process. But even with Campierra, it's like Cowboys at home and eat that bomb. They do really well. But they've got a really good team actually recovered really well from last year. Like Lois and Carl Felt and stuff. Get worried, but yeah, I look.
Speaker 2: At that little boy Perdue, the guy that's in year six or something. He's so good. He's so small, but he's so good. I'm gonna go with all you guys. I'm on the Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Don't don't look the Titans are I think a ticking time bomb much they get it, they get it, they're going to go. But if it's I don't think it's going to be this week. But when they get it, when they understand Daisy's crazy mind.
Speaker 6: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Looks up.
Speaker 4: We've all gone the Cowboys. That's three games in a row. We've all agreed on the same team, which is good. Following that game, we've got the Panthers up against the Eagles. Panthers won nine to the last ten. Traboivich out well concussion, to Foa simply is suspended for four games from breaking Bull Fenoi's leg. Tampon Turbo is in, so we'll see how long he lasts. Maybe he lasts a game this time. Jess to Vega replaces Jake Jake Simpkin moves to hooker, Alloywise back and Corey Woodell. So they've got a few players coming back mainly, which is good. Mitch Kenny suspended, Luke Ganner concussion both out, Somerton is in for Mitch, Isaac Tungle goes back into the centers, and Maverick Gayer is added to the bench.
Speaker 2: It's a tough one. I'm going to go to Penrith. They're not at home, they're at Kombak at comback. Yeah, but it's a tough one. I don't I'll go, but not with much confidence.
Speaker 1: I want to believe. I really want to believe someone. I'm going to go Penriff because it's Comback. If it was at Manly, if it was at Brookie, I'll go Manly.
Speaker 2: Really, I wouldn't think about it. I'll go Manly Ship.
Speaker 8: Brookie not playing at four points again, haven't they had like six games?
Speaker 15: They have?
Speaker 2: Don't you talk that when the last time Broncos came to Sydney. I wonder, like I was there.
Speaker 8: I actually went to the stadium, met you guys. I'm going Panthers with this one. Got blood and that they can taste blood in the water.
Speaker 2: Right, I hope didn't they play the Roosters during the cyclone at one game the Sydney once. They've come to Sydney once, So we're all going to Panthers.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, four in a row. Wow, I don't think we've ever done that before. Okay, this is going to be a cracking game. I reckon the game of the round.
Speaker 2: We've got Raiders up against the Dolphins. What a cracking game.
Speaker 4: Raiders won the last two games against the Dolphins by one point and the Dolphins are aiming for a club record four wins in a row.
Speaker 2: And Marshall King are out. Dolphins all the way are out.
Speaker 4: Malo cry Baby Molo is in, mister Mark Nichols replaces Kfusi and Max Plath replaces Marshall King.
Speaker 2: So you're going Dolphins. Camera is a tough place to go to, yeah, Camera, Ricky Ricky Stewart. Yeah, Dolphins all the way, Dolphins all the way.
Speaker 1: Ashley Kline refereen, so you know, so you know it's going to be a stop start affair.
Speaker 2: Um, it will be whistles. Whistles are everywhere.
Speaker 1: I'm going to go Canbra because it's in Canberra and I'm starting to see some habit forming in Camera, which which I like. So but I wouldn't be surprised if the Finns win by by about fifty either.
Speaker 8: So yeah, I'm going Dolphins, I think. And yeah, saying about last week I think too. It's they've got such a bigger team, Like the Dolphins are very well rounded and Canberra's obviously got like a big team if you're looking at the the players, like they've just got just got They've just got something at the moment, Dolphins.
Speaker 1: Because because I know the players but I haven't seen him live. They got a big pack, are a big, bigger pack than the normal than the other team.
Speaker 8: Then last year, so you've got Josh Kurkr, like I still can't get out of my head, like him dragging those three two three guys.
Speaker 2: With him.
Speaker 8: Marshall King is quite a big guy, but even like you know, I wouldn't say Aco is tall, but I wouldn't say he's small, but he's he's quite agile. And then you've got like just a few of the guys that are coming through like that. Yeah, I don't know, as I think Dolphins just has something at the moment.
Speaker 4: Happy Josh Josh Kirk because there was that Saint George for a while with during the McGregor and Hookie era and they never played him properly. They were just awful, like they were so bad for his game. And he's gone to the Dolphins and his career's gone up. So I'm sappy for him and it's having a good year. But on top of that, I'm going to pick the Raiders. I'm looking forward to Ethan Strange and Foggety up against the Carema and Katoa the two half. They're both both those halves are on form at the moment, So I reckon it's going to come out of come down to that Faturday there for sure. I'm finalizing the season or the Sorry the season got the round. We've got the West Tigers up against the Sharks. West Tigers are back at Leichhart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I might be here for this one. Lachlan's last game there. No, I'm just joking. Tigers won two of the last thirteen over the Sharks. West Tigers. Alex twelve makes his one hundred and fiftieth in a real appearance. I like that guy. Doesn't look like a nice bloke. Twelve work.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So West Tigers have lost Luke Luluja. He's out. But yeah he's out.
Speaker 4: Do we move to the centers? Lachland Galvin's in Naden to the wing. Royce Hunt return turns, Toby Rudolph is out for the Sharks.
Speaker 2: Big game for all. Blake up against till May.
Speaker 8: Where's the cat?
Speaker 2: Uh Luke which Luke Luke l Lula?
Speaker 4: He's out because I think they just moved him because of Dewey they're going to push Dewey out to the wing, and they're going to put Blackland Galvin too. Five eight Royce hunt back, Royce hunts back.
Speaker 2: Have shark t Have sharks got long memories? What happened? Well, then remember the corresponding game last year.
Speaker 1: No, we've got bath That's right, we watched it. Yes, that was the Yeah, well I don't know, but because of that reason, I'm going to tip the Sharks.
Speaker 2: You're going the Sharks, Tanya.
Speaker 8: Yeah. Actually side note d He reminds me of a really young Robbie farre And I can't unsee it. And I don't know why I can't. I I think if they didn't have so much, like you know, the culture issue, I probably backed Tigers and I hate the Sharks, but I'm going to back the shark. Like I just think it just gets too much in your mind, right, Yeah, sharks.
Speaker 2: So three Sharks.
Speaker 4: I'm going to go West Tigers only because like the record there is pretty good, isn't it, And.
Speaker 2: They do they do. It's a great last game. I want. I want to contrary to want, contrary to popular belief. Just let me be clear on my stands. I want Galvin to spend the next eighteen months at the Tigers so he can learn his trade before he comes over. I'm tipping Power this week. It's in power. Yeah, I reckon, we'll go back to back the boy. Actually the street continues, the streak continues. There you go. Now with our tips. Last week we got three four. Nick had a shocker. Yeah, Tan, you got five, George got five. I got four.
Speaker 4: Now, Tanya, you're absolutely ripping us apart. You're on thirty nine points, George is on thirty four. Nick, you're third with thirty and on dead last on twenty nine.
Speaker 2: Shocker in both of my has thee Yeah, not good, not good.
Speaker 4: You start slight, Nick, but then you end up getting a few grounds and then he ends up winning it till it's over. You're just playing with us, mate, You're going to get there in the end. Now, Super League, how's it going? Last week we had some interesting results. We had the Catalan Dragons thirty eight south of Devil's ten. Tarik Sims scored a try. Yes, anyway, my favorite player Lea Leopards the team without this Jerseys eighteen, Warrington Wolves fourteen.
Speaker 2: It was six two at half time.
Speaker 4: Now Leeds Rhinos Red Afters team twenty eight Haddersfield Giants six, Wigan Warriors twenty four Saint Helen's fourteen. Joy Field scored the double for weeks, which is good. It was twelve two at half time the two whole teams which is both watched fourteen Whole LEFC fourteen whole Kingston Rovers twenty four. Ria Hargraves scored in that game, which is good to see. And Wakefield Trinity thirteen Castleford Tiger's twelve with Mason Leno kicking the field goal in the seventy five minutes.
Speaker 2: Win a game. He's an ex Warrior. What a game, little fella. He's been gone for a while, so how old is he now? I don't know.
Speaker 1: But what I saw in this is the only I think it's the only Australia that I think it is. Yeah, Wakeland, he's been there so long he's popping English now.
Speaker 2: But I don't know.
Speaker 1: I enjoyed the game. It was like it was like two I don't know, lightweights fighting, you know what I mean? So and a field goal victory it was. And they was down by twelve, yeah middle in the second half and they come storming back.
Speaker 2: It was so much fun. It was so much fun. And Theerson Helen's game, Yeah, it was fun. But Sir Helen, just I.
Speaker 1: Think they needed a need a genuine fight available, maybe like you will go fifth that kind of can they get they kind of four one point five It may be, but that Super Leagues fun, Super Leaku's fun.
Speaker 8: It is fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I enjoy watch every time I do watch it. It's good. It's fun.
Speaker 4: Now the latter for that, for that competition, you've got Hulkingston Ravers on fourteen, Wigan Warriors twelve, the Lee Leopards this jersey in the World eleven eleven, and Saint Helen's and leeds A on ten.
Speaker 8: It was a Lee Leopards game. Because Manny walked past, what is that? That's what we were watching? He was like, what is that jersey?
Speaker 2: Were the leopard one?
Speaker 1: Yeah, wearing the actually wearing the green, the green Leopard one, the blue and green. So I want you know what, I'm going to order a Lee Leopards jersey for you to I'll send it. I'll send it up there for you. Okay, I'll get online, I'll send it to you.
Speaker 4: Horrible, I don't know what you guys, I don't know what you guys. Did you like the Warriors jersey they were on the weekend? The green I loved it?
Speaker 2: Did the white one? The green one?
Speaker 8: It was like a green, very distracting.
Speaker 2: That's probably why they wore it. They're trying to match Leeds, the Leopards. They want to go. No, we want the youngest jerseys.
Speaker 1: I like the Finch jersey. I think the Finch jersey is the best jersey in the in the I love the finish fins.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know what it is nice and I look the away one, the other red be red with the white.
Speaker 2: That was nice. That's it for me, Man George.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I haven't got much. But what I have got his story time. But this time Nikko will be telling us a story.
Speaker 2: He's going to tell us. He's going to tell us a story.
Speaker 1: About going down the Sound of the South Coast with a very very very good friend of his and walking a dog.
Speaker 2: You want to take over? Oh are you talking about?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what amount of where's here? Everybody talking about? Dean the dog? The dog walking caught up with him last night, my mate Dina. He's yeah, don know, to be careful because everyone listens to this. Oh no, I didn't realize.
Speaker 8: Sorry, I don't think that's gonna be the No.
Speaker 2: That's nothing, but that's actually funny. Long, long story short. Everyone who's this thing knows Dean and Catherine. So Catherine, Dean's wife, wanted Dean to take the dog for a walk. And I was there as well, and neither one of us really felt like going for a walk. But Dean just winked at me as he does, and he said, yeah, come on, we'll take We'll take the dog for a walk. And so we walked down to the backyard. He put a leash on the dog. We walked into the garage, he tied the leash, He tied the leash to the handle of the treadmill and turned the treadmill on. About half an hour later, Catherine came into the garage and the dog was just walking on the treadmill where and down having a beer. Pretty funny dog, the dog, we love him, just walking on the treadmill. Then set it to a certain speed. Right, that's gold. He's walking on the treadmill. We're sitting down having a beer. It was pretty funny.
Speaker 8: Whatever, happy, yeah, whatever.
Speaker 2: Catherine walked in the thing. The thing about is that Catherine wanted Dean to go for not the dog, right, That's what it was.
Speaker 1: When you told me the story a couple of nights ago, I think it was last week. I couldn't stop laughing. I hear that the ship that one, Yeah, that was that was pretty funny.
Speaker 8: That was what you do things to do?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and music time and this is one for for this this one here. Dug that out and I was wondering, what's long you wanted to pick here? We're going to go on up?
Speaker 5: What is it?
Speaker 2: Teas for fee?
Speaker 1: There?
Speaker 2: You could pick a track off. Come on, that's it's an easy one. Shout, it's got to be it's got to be there. And you're you're you're a bit of a party girl. Yeah, I've got one for two cassette tape. Casette's older than the Vega boys. The Vega buses.
Speaker 8: Want to show there you go on tape.
Speaker 2: That's pretty.
Speaker 1: So I pulled this one out for but I did know I have one next week for Nicolla there. I got the Nicole actually next week. And when I saw that in my table, while that's tea Vinger bus, it's got to be t it's gotta be too.
Speaker 2: That's a wrap. So that's a wrap. That's episode one hundred in the can, in the candle.
Speaker 8: In the can episode everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a little bit SPI a little bit feisty. I'm going to reiterate I only I researched and only said facts. And as you guys will see if you go on look after this, Richardson has made a public statement confirming that no one ever criticized Benji Marshall's.
Speaker 8: Young players need to be protective and I think underneath all of it the thing that Moses should be protecting him, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: He is getting him the best deal and you're right at the bottom, at the bottom of November.
Speaker 8: He's getting him the best deal.
Speaker 2: At the heart of an in year old kid.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's it. Yeah. I think it's very like having staff, you know, years ago, and and maybe being more junior and in my leadership, like I reflect often, like you know, did I do the right things? Like I don't? I feel for leaders it's very lonely in that spot too, and it's not easy and it's not and I'm not on either side. I'm just saying purely from you know where I sit. But I just think the easiest way, and like Nick Nose too, like my experience working in community clubs, the whole thing was just to get out and communicate it collaboratively and together, right, But all this stuff just comes back and forth and it just damages both brands when there's always another way to.
Speaker 6: Do it there.
Speaker 2: I say, this statement from Richardson tonight is him trying to do just that. He's trying to get the shit back into the horse and settle things down now. But it's too late. It's already but it's already exploded.
Speaker 8: I just think, and there never will ever, no one will ever do it, whether it's larger companies, whether it's smaller companies like you know, and like George got a bit of insight into what I do a bit more, but already like I do mentoring for small businesses in Queensland and all this other stuff. And you see elements of ego, you know, and you know we all have it. We all think we've got our way and nothing will happen until you know the change of not all the of not changing becomes too great. And what does that look like?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 8: And I think it's just got a young kid that probably has been led down a different way, and it's very reactive to nothing super planned on either side. And you've got a coach that you know may or may not be unfairly tainted because Walter's copped a bit too.
Speaker 2: I just probably one other things worth mentioning he be is We don't know, but we've got a pretty fair idea he'll end up a Power unless someone comes from left field.
Speaker 8: Right, no one wants them right.
Speaker 2: Well, I think they've all pulled out because they know there's probably already an agreement there. But let's not forget he played these juniors at Power and he's a huge paramount a fan, so he might want to go there and play alongside Moses, who, by the way, stated on radio this week on sen you would have heard it, but he's been mentoring Galla since he was fourteen years old.
Speaker 8: Well that you guys said it last week. There was the first thing that you said that he'd most likely go to the Eels. Yeah, but I think you know, if he's going to go and make a good crack at it, he needs to go and make a good crackit it, because he wouldn't survive somewhere like Storm with a coach like that if he's going for this reason, do you know what I mean? And again, like I was reading a statement earlier and it's like, well, how do we what do we define as bullying? Like yes, to the very core. Now there are policies where companies shouldn't add staff on Facebook because if they unfriend them, they get bullied. Like that's actually the literal fair work term. But I just think we go, what's going to happen? I feel like you should leave. I think they should just do a collective.
Speaker 2: You've got three teammates who trash him on social media and turn their backs on him in the change room. Yeah, but honest, that's our casting him, that's outcasting him. Yeah, he didn't criticize He didn't criticize Ben. That's been confirmed now from Richo himself. You guys will see it after this tonight. Ye being confirmed on three sixty by rich himself.
Speaker 8: He said, he said, but I think it's just kid, You've got a very complex ecosystem and they're not going to do what they should do. And what they should do is just have a chat, both of them, openly in air in front of people. But they won't.
Speaker 2: He's just decided he wants his next contract to be somewhere else. That's it. It's not complicated, it's simple.
Speaker 4: If it's any other team, it's good that he goes back to his junior club. To be honest, I don't even go back to Para anyone else started.
Speaker 2: What are you watching? Too? Yeah? What are you watching? More Bland more Bland? To love it?
Speaker 8: God, I'm waiting for it every Sunday.
Speaker 2: You would like it? Nick, every Sunday, every so I watch it Monday every Sunday. Should give it. Aa. I'm watching Rules of Engagement again? Param right, And what are you reading? Beslode? Your book.
Speaker 8: Actually got actually get quoth into theology and not to be political, but I am Catholic, so I was very sad about Pope passing this week. But I went to that store that Nick and I were talking about, antique store, and actually got a couple of books on theology. I find it really interesting, which is obviously the study of all religion. But yeah, I got a few books on that, which I no doubt over a little bit. But yeah, reading a lot all the.
Speaker 2: Time, this will be good. He's always watching something. What are you watching? I'm boring? I want. I'm watching Ted Dancing Nothing. Just started watching that again. Pretty soon I'm going to have a copy of Tends book in my hands.
Speaker 8: We want to here one next Tuesday so we can chat about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want one to want a copy too. I want to Sorry, you know on cheese? Who's your favorite? Kirsty Allen or the other one?
Speaker 2: Wood Watch number one fifty fifty. I'll get your song copy. Really cool, I can't wa fantastic. I know the author. I know, yeah, kursty Man, who's yours? I'm a cursty Man's good. I'm watching Moblo.
Speaker 8: Cheers and even like Becker and Fraser is my comfort the Rocks, Faulty.
Speaker 2: Towers, Faulty Towers actually, and has been watching what's her name? Lord? Melbrook Noles Nanny. I jump in sometimes and I've got it. I love She's pretty good. There's actually one great scene in that show where where what's his name again?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, the boss lord? Yeah, I forget his name now. But he says to friend. He says to a friend, what are you doing? And what show you watching? Whatever you're watching Days of Our Lives? She gets, now, I stop watching that. When Shane left, he was Shane Donovan and Our Lives.
Speaker 8: It's terrific now, like I watched shows which I grew up with and even like in my teens. I watch it back now just for that nostalgia and it's so it's like putting on you know, like like old slippers, right, and then you go you can never see some of this stuff now.
Speaker 2: Watching Skippy the other day, believe it, Skippy, George. Sorry. Mate.
Speaker 4: Another movie, Another show adolescent watch on Netflix. It's only four parts, it's a British show. It's pretty pretty damn good.
Speaker 6: You love it.
Speaker 2: In terms of family, you'll like this one. You'll love it.
Speaker 1: You listen watch out four episodes and riutural part it does because of kids as well. And in terms of mental mental.
Speaker 2: Health yeah, number one. It was number one for part. So if you've got time, it's a good It's a good Sunday. It's a good Sunday.
Speaker 8: I've actually which Nick will be very proud of. I've been watching their EPL.
Speaker 2: Oh God to Liverpool, Liverpool.
Speaker 8: That's Corey's is Liverpool and one more game. I think, yeah, he's obsessed with Liverpool, but I think his made Corey watch n r L and also old games in between waiting for n R L.
Speaker 2: Inter lost lost.
Speaker 8: Watch the Tottenham games.
Speaker 2: Same points with five games ago. If we finish even, it's a great final. First time ever we played the next week play one year day. Oh yeah, but I think my grand good. Right, Well, I've got a spot for I've always had a and they got the changing for. He won't be changing.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but no those good guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah alright, well, happy one hundreds episode everyone, what you see he gets better. Have a great week everyone, and will see you next week.
Speaker 7: Shout shout, let it out these out things I can do, Manna, Come on, I'm talking to you.
Speaker 6: Come up, shout shout, lead it out these out of things I can do.
Speaker 5: Come on, I'm talking to you.
Speaker 11: Come up.
Speaker 5: In by times, the ship, the sun.
Speaker 11: I'm so sore. Time I'm taking you.
Speaker 5: Should you're talking to.
Speaker 11: You? Should shout?
Speaker 12: I just shot, please me talking.
Speaker 5: Come on, I'm talking to you.
Speaker 12: Come on, taking you. Then you're talking to time.
Speaker 11: To show to show.
Speaker 5: Exack name exack.
Speaker 11: I'm talking.
Speaker 12: Shot shot.
Speaker 11: Exact.
Speaker 5: I'm talking.
Speaker 11: A little rights.
Speaker 12: Right, little right.
Speaker 11: Shot shout.
Speaker 5: So I'm talking to you.
Speaker 12: What do you tell me? Change shout shout out talking.
Speaker 5: Shot shout out, talking to.
Speaker 12: Shot shot.
Speaker 5: Outdom, shopping to show.
Speaker 12: Outd shot shot You don't he don't know about time, don't mind
Speaker 11: About to meeting jobs,