Speaker 1: Dan Carolyn for Brian Thomas fifty five KRS the Talk Station.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: One of the great things I always look forward to whenever I get to sit in for Brian Thomas, especially on a Monday, is this segment right here where Chris Smitherman joins us and we have we like to call the smither Vent and Chris Smitherman, welcome again to fifty five KRC.
Speaker 3: I hope you had a great weekend.
Speaker 2: I did, Dan, thank you so much. My grandson came to visit with his beautiful parents. I'm about that Christopher and my Bill, and he's five months old and it was just a great opportunity to spend some time with him. So had I had a great weekend. I'll have to send you a picture after the after the show. But let me tell you. Let me tell you, Dan Carroll, I want to establish some common sense things in this first segment, some things that I know that I know are going to be obvious, but I think they need to go out over the airways. Number one is that China, China, China, their government is the political enemy of the United States of America. Period. They want to dominate the world, and they view the United States of America as in their way. I'm a person that shops to at lalmart, our Target, our Costco, our Sam's Club, and I think over the last thirty years, when I look at products, it says made in China. Okay. And so this notion that all of a sudden, people are saying that the United States is being aggressive towards China as it relates to tariff, It's not. China has been aggressive towards the United States with their tariffs for the last thirty or forty years and making it very difficult, Dan Carroll for the United States companies to do business in China. So far, I think I'm one hundred percent on everything I've just said. This is not about the Chinese people. Meaning when I say the Chinese government, I'm being very specific the Chinese government, not Chinese Americans that are living in our countries who are patriots of the United States of America. I'm talking about the Chinese government wants to dominate us. That is why they have warships, It's why they're buzzing over Taiwan, and they were punking out President Biden. And they just found out that there's a new sheriff in town. His name is President Donald Trump, and he's saying, listen, I'm not gonna allow you to continue to treat American goods and services poorly. If you want to do business in America and you want to charge our American company's tariffs, We're gonna have reciprocal tariffs for you. So far, it all makes common sense to me. And so I've been watching the news over the weekend and I've listened to all these globalists who seem to be advocating and cheerleading for China. Meanie, I'm sitting there going, man, we're really concerned about China and what's going on with the Chinese manufacturing there. What is their middle class going to do? That's what President Trump ran on. He said, Look, I've been going through places like West Virginia, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and basically I'm those that there's three examples, and I'm seeing towns that have just blown apart because they don't have the same manufacturing infrastructure that they had thirty or forty years ago. I wonder why, because the globalist said to our country that if you you just open up our borders, you do what they call free trades, that the middle class is gonna be Okay, that's not what happened. All of our jobs were shipped over to China, Nike being one of those companies with sweatshops over there, and then they bring their products back to the United States without tariffs. So they set up shop around the world, whether it's Taiwan, whether it's Vietnam, whether it's China. They put all of their manufacturing their Dan Carroll, and then they bring their products back here, and they've left out the middle class, the people that used to be able to make enough money to buy a house, then their children to college, right have a decent retirement. They don't want to live off the government. They're not here saying man, I'm trying to get on food stamps. I want you to subsidize my apartments. These are hard working men and women who want to get up every day and go to work in their country, and they deserve that dignity. That is what is at stake right now, Dan Carroll, as we go into what I consider a short term fight for a long term.
Speaker 3: Game, well, and you know what I want to get into that.
Speaker 1: I want to explore that a little bit more of you, Chrisman, because or Chris Smithman, because I think you're right on the money with all of this. And you know, there are so many now who are expressing this expectation and this frustration that none of this has come to fruition yet. And I was talking about that this morning. I look at my calendar. Donald Trump hasn't been in office for three months yet, and already we're expecting or supposed to have results, tangible results for all these things that are going on. And somehow this is equating to a failure on behalf of this administration because the results aren't in yet. But Chris Smitheman, stay right there. We'll do a little traffic and weather together here and then we'll get right back to Chris Smitheman and the smith Event on fifty five KRC.
Speaker 3: The Talk Station. Fifty five KRC. Fifty five KRC the Talk Station.
Speaker 1: Dan Perrell in for Brian Thomas, continuing on now with Chris Smithman and the Smither Event, and Chris Smithvan always great to have you here, and you laid out the case I think pretty well about what is happening with China. But you know, there's all these narratives that the left continues to throw out there to try and undermine Trump and everything is he and that he is doing.
Speaker 2: And the.
Speaker 1: Narrative that's getting a lot of play right now, there's two of them that are developing out there right now. And number one is is that we're not seeing any results from this. This has gone on too long. The American people are on the precipice of peril with their four oh one ks and their investments and everything. That's all going to go down the drain as long key, as long as Trump keeps up this this war with China, this trade war with China. And then the other narrative is that if Trump wants man manufacturing to come back to the United States, And I just played the cut from John Carr from ABC News. He's talking about, well, those factories make iPhones, and they make and they make shoes, and he says, are we going to become a nation of cobblers, as if somehow these manufacturing jobs really are beneath the dignity of the American people to go out there and go to work and be productive in this sort of way.
Speaker 2: What say you, brother, We've got some incredibly ignorant people out there. It's just amazing to me mail that lacks common sense and they just absolutely lie, like Senator Shift. But let me say this. When President Barack Obama took over the presidency, approximately the Dow was at sixty five hundred. We hit forty five thousand on the Dow. Ten percent corrections are normal. The correction we had was ordered. So when I see the market down ten or twelve or fifteen percent, I just want to share with Americans who are hearing our voices. Markets just don't go up. Sometimes they come down, and that's a part of the process of kind of pushing out the excesses that are in the market so that the market can find a floor and then move higher. So first, I'm not concerned about paper losses. I don't think that Donald Trump is hitler, and I don't think he plans on bringing the end of the world. And so the Democratic Party keeps pushing these crazy narratives about what is happening, and it is causing people to panic. Look China, China, China owns approximately seven hundred the seven hundred and fifty billion dollars of our debt, and I think what happened is China started to sell that debt on the open market pushing our rates down, which would have caused us to have a spike in our in our long term rates, and the White House probably got concerned about it. Now, everything that I just said right there is speculation, But the reality of it is, why did future past presidents allow the Chinese government to buy seven hundred and fifty or seven hundred and sixty or eight hundred billion dollars of our debt? Why did future past governments allowed the Chinese government to walk in and buy our agricultural farms, our small farmers. They're buying land all around us, Dan Carroll, which makes no sense to me. The Congress and the Senate has been they've been sitting on their hands. You know why speculation. I believe China's been buying them all off. Nancy Pelosi, she makes a couple hundred thousand dollars a year. Somebody explained to me why this woman is worth a hundred million dollars? How does that happen? And I'm saying to everybody, China, We've got to focus on them. We've got to give this president, that Congress, and the Senate the opportunity and the space in order for them to reset our relationship with China. We've got to send the message to China now at some point we've got to draw a line into say and I say, let's do it. Now. It's economic today, maybe one day it's World War three. I'm not calling on that. I'm just saying we can't allow China to push us around. That's why Russia is taking Ukraine under Biden. If we had a week president, You've see China taking Taiwan right now. We can't allow this. And so this notion that all of a sudden, this president has caused the trade war is crazy. We're already in a trade war. We're getting our buts kicked, and we have a president that says.
Speaker 1: No more, you know, Chris mythan We've had so many different companies announce their intentions to build factories in the United States, to have manufacturing here, not just pharmaceutical but chip factories and apple and car manufacturers and all the rest. And I believe the number right now is near seven trillion dollars of investment in the United States. But these things take a little bit of time to come into fruition. But this whole notion that we're supposed to start seeing results now that we need to have results now. And again, you know, the United States economy is the biggest ship out there, and it takes a little while to turn these things around. So how do you get the notion out there that we need to have a little bit of patience when again, we have the constant drumbeat that this, this whole notion that Trump wants to have manufacturing come back to the United States is going to be a failure. And there's one hundred and thirty countries out there now that there, and there, and the Trump administration is negotiating with every single one of them. And when I see all these gears in motion and I see all these sort of things that are happening, it looks to me like they are aligning in the way that they need to align for the bigger picture to all come together. Is it going to take a little while?
Speaker 3: I think so.
Speaker 1: But according to the left and according to the news media, we should be seeing results now.
Speaker 2: Well, first, you're right that this is going to take some time to reset, and I believe that time period is going to be greater than ninety days. We'll see a lot of great trade deals that will come down through the White House. But this is going to be a process, as you have clearly outlined for your listening audience. But skilled labor is a natural security issue. If we happen to go to war, we need people that know how to build ships, build tanks, build planes. Now, whoever's out here talking about widgets, let me just explain something. Why is the uaw so behind Trump because they understand that they want to see their corvette rolling through China. They're tired of the terraffs. They want to see their month things. If you are a Ford lover, they want to see the Cobra down the streets of China, not with a thirty forty or one hundred percent cara. We want to see the Porsches over here. People love them. But what we want to see our corvette in Germany. We're tired of our European partners and our Asian partners pushing us around basic common sense that if you sell more cars, you create more stability, greater workers, more workers here in the United States of America. Think about a company like Boeing. Now they're only competitors' air Bus, but the more planes they sell, do you know what China has been doing to Boeing over the last four years. They literally listen to this. Boeing doesn't get paid until they deliver a plane. Dan Carroll they they built about eighty four planes for China, the Chinese airline industry. Each one of those planes worth about two hundred and sixty one million dollars. Under Biden, those plans have been sitting somewhere in a warehouse because China has been refusing to take ownership for planes that they purchased that they told Boeing to. Well, they put a deposit down, and then Boeing cannot deliver these plans and capture the two hundred and sixty one million dollars per plane. I'm tired of China pushing us around. We've got to show the rest of the world that doesn't matter whether you're African Americans, whether you're a Latino American, whether you're a Jewish American or white American. We are Americans. And then let me tell you, if you travel anywhere out of the United States of America, they say you're an American. I don't care if you're African American, Jewish, they hear your accent, that's an American. We better understand that we're in the same ship here. It's not about race. What China has been trying to do with their money is make us fight about race. They've been using the Democratic part the Socialist Party, the Communist Party like the AOC, pushing this crazy agenda that I shouldn't like you just because of the color of your skin. And then they put out people like Representative Crockett that reinforces her own congressional member who's married to a white woman all of a sudden is not African Americans because of his selection of who he loves and the children that he makes. That was Representative Crockett. We've got to push back on all of these narratives. Come together as Americans, give the executive branch of this government the opportunity to clean it up, make sure that trade is fair, so that we are a stronger country one hundred years from now for our children. I hope I've answered that question for you, Dan Carroll. We need to give this executive branch the time and the space to take on our partners, which by the way, is also Europe, not just our enemies, but it's also places like Europe.
Speaker 1: Chris mnthven stay right there, We've got one more sayon to go, and when we come back, I want to ask you about this poll that shows about half of those who were on the left believe that killing Musk or killing Trump may be justified, and I'll get your thoughts on that as we continue on with the Smith event on fifty five KRZ the talk station.
Speaker 2: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC, the Talks station seven forty three. Dan Carroll in for Brian Thomas, and we continue with Chris Smitherman and the Monday Smith Event. And Chris Smitherman, this is I read this over the weekend about Rutgers University did a study of mostly left of center people and they found that forty eight to fifty five percent of left of center people were able to somewhat justify the murder of Elon Musk or President Trump. And this to me is a very disturbing finding. That number should be zero. How do we get to the point in this country where you've got so many And it doesn't say the ages of the people that they that they talk to, but as I read this, I get the sense that it's predominantly younger people, but how do we get to the point in this country to where the justifying of political assassination is something that people can abide and abiding This by any degree whatsoever should be totally and completely unacceptable, but somehow it is amongst you know, a certain segment of our population.
Speaker 2: Well, first, let me thank Eli Musk for his service in the Doze group and his team that are exposing for all of us the waste, the fraud, the abuse that's happening at the federal level. Number one. Number two, there's never a place in our society for violence, political or otherwise, and so I love that you're denouncing it. Number Three, our mass media outlets have been calling Elon Musk and President Donald Trump a Nazi. Now, now, the Nazis killed six million Jews. So this notion that this language that they're using, they are inciting the violence, Dan Carroll, They're basically saying it's okay to kill Hitler. And so you and I understand that Elon Musk, nor President Trump, nor anyone in his cabinet or the Congress Democrat or Republican, are independent or in the Senate, none of those people are Hitler. And so they keep pushing this narrative on MSNBC, on CNN, on whatever liberal news channel that you can listen to, trying to justify that killing somebody in any way, shape or form is okay. It's a scary time that we're currently living in. And let me say to all of you that if we get to the point where killing people is the option, you know, we are in a very very very bad place as a country. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But is it? Is it the schools? Is it the parents? Is it the media?
Speaker 1: Is that all these things combined? Because to my way of thinking, this needs to be examined thoroughly, because we have if if we can't, if we can't get through to groups of people that you know, the way to settle your differences is through elections or through coming to the table, through having discussion, I mean really meaningful discussions and not some of the you know, some of the nonsense that we're subject to when it comes to people having roundtables or consultant driven kind of stuff, but real face to face and human interaction, that that is the way to resolve your differences instead of just going out and eliminating what you consider to be a threat. If you don't like that threat, in a political sense.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, But look, we've had leaders in our country which is incredibly scary. It the dark history in the sixties where people were saying that doctor Martin Luther King was a communist, he was a threat to our culture, threat to our society. The FBI, the CIA, everybody was looking at this guy, a light upon him, and they dehumanized him so far that people thought it was okay to take him out, to kill him. Here's the bottom line. We now understand that doctor King was one of the greatest Americans to ever live. He was one of those men who understood the Constitution. He understood that being conservative and saying that all of us are made equal, no matter the color of your skin. Right. Obviously, Representative Crockett has lost that right. Maybe she's missed something in her teaching, in her history of America. But you can d humanize somebody far enough, Dan Carroll, that you can then come to these conclusions that it's okay to kill them. I put this right at the at the footsteps of mass mainstream media. They continue to push these narratives and dehumanize the leaders that you just identify, and if they get away with it, right, which we hope they won't shame on all of us. So you being outspoken about it, I think is incredibly critical. The Democrats right now just don't have any solutions. That's why they're bathing in all of this. You know, when you sit back and you say, well, what is your solution to the disparity in trade? I don't have a solution to that. So what do you think your solution is? When we're dealing with China stealing our secrets, meaning our technology companies have been screaming from the rooftops that China is literally stealing our intellectual property? Democrats, what is your solution to that? See, at the end of the day, these elections locally, that's why supporting this guy named Corey Bowman here in Cincinnati for mayor who's running as a Republican because I'm tired of the status quo. I'm tired of my potholes. I'm tired of bridges falling, I'm tired of the flood's happening and we don't know where the mayor is. I'm tired of all of these no answers and this cultural warfare that we're having. I love Americans, I love this country. I'm glad that I'm an American. I'm going to fight for this country and I'm betting on America. I'm betting on the executive branch. I'm betting off President Trump and whoever was the president. I've always been a person to bet on America, it didn't matter who was in the White House. We're living in a time now where people think it's okay as an American to bet against our own country. That is absolutely up sane, obscene, and a complete shameful thing for anyone to say. China is the target. China wants to take us over. The government of China, not the people are the enemy of the United States of America, and they've made that very clear. Please, please, listening, audience, give the executive branch the opportunity to solve some of these big problems. Because most politicians want to kick the can down the road. They don't want to deal with the big problems. That's what you're talking about, Dan Carroll. If you give the executive branch the opportunity to deal with the big problems, we know they'll be short term pain, but there will be long term game, all right.
Speaker 1: When with that, Chris Smitherman We've got to run. You are the best. Every Monday Morning the smith Event right here on fifty five KRC. Chris Smithman. Always great to talk to you, my friend, and all the best seas you take care of your follow.
Speaker 2: Me on at vote Smitherman. At Vote Smitherman, I just send something to you.
Speaker 1: At Vote smith Man. Chris Smitheman will talk to you again before too long. It just ain't Monday morning without that guy. He is the absolute best. Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas on fifty five KRC DE Talk Station fifty five KRC