Speaker 1: The police are on their way. Boys, soon you'll be in jail getting rammed. Those rams can do to us what they will, mister Lucas, but we'll never stop trying to protect films. It's not too late to do what's right. Give us the print. There's still some good in you, mister Lucas. We know there is.
Speaker 2: It is too late for me, boys, You.
Speaker 1: Yourself led the campaign against the colorization of films. You understand why film shouldn't be changed. That's different.
Speaker 3: These are my movies.
Speaker 1: I made them, and I have the right to do whatever I want with them. You're wrong, mister Lucas. They're not your movies. They're ours, all of ours. We paid to go see them, and they're just as much a part of our lives as they are of yours. When an artist creates, whatever they create belongs to society. Have I become so old that I've forgotten what being an artist is about. Give the print to us so that we can protect it from Spielberg and anyone else who wants to alter it.
Speaker 2: Perhaps you are right, kick.
Speaker 3: Ash, Welcome to going out of South Bike with This week we're hit to review Free Hat. I'm Dando, i am guy, and I say free Hat, but there's no there's no mister Hat in this episode.
Speaker 2: I say, you are misrepresenting this episode big bait and switched by our pals Parker and Story.
Speaker 3: We discussed this before we went to air the titles of south Park episodes. They obviously do it deliberately, but they don't do the episode's justice because if you just saw free Hat in the TV guy and he went a south Park fan, you think yeah or whatever, but you would have no idea what that. Well, you would if you have seen the episode, right, because it's free Hat that the guy. Right, there's a confusion. Was that meant to be a bit of a joke there that you thought this was is gonna be a mister Hat? It's actually about this guy.
Speaker 2: I think they're absolutely trolling us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Well I love to troll, aren't they.
Speaker 2: I love to trolling, very very good at it. But I mean, well, at the end of our previous going down the south Park episode, we said, hey, we're doing free Hat. Of course we put on our Garrison voices.
Speaker 3: No Garrison, which is disappointing, But I didn't miss him in this one because I thought this was one of my favorite episodes we've done in a long time being a film nerd and been an ET nerd and being one of those guys that one of the minute, one of the one of the slight few that were outraged by the ET re release.
Speaker 2: I was about to say what when that was announced? When? And also when was so?
Speaker 3: It was now? Its probably two thousand and one. It came out in two thousand and two. It's funny. Behind me, I have the vinyl banner from the cinema that's like ten foot long of when it was re released, right, And I have mentioned on one of our podcasts that one of my favorite memories of my childhoods I would have been thirteen turning fourteen when it came out, but having the day of school, caught the bus into town with Nan to see the ten am screening of the re release of ET. Being very exctly, I'd never ET was my favorite movie, never seen it in the cinema before, because this is before a time when they would for it feels like now not reading cinema and village, they're always putting, Hey, it's fire any let's put fire thirteenth on it, or Halloween, It's put Halloween on they're playing old movies again on the regulars and novelty, but they didn't do that back in two thousand and two. And seeing ET on the cinema for the first time was very exciting. But this memory of catching the bus with Nan day off school and the ten am Screaming Village cinemas and we were the only two in the cinema obviously because it was ten am on a Thursday's seen the release of ET. Who's doing it? And I did it? And it was just it's just a lovely memory that I have with n is no longer with us, but a lovely memory of going to see that movie with Nan. And at first I was impressed with what they did, check what he'd done change wise, with ET looking more realistic, particularly the intro, But as the film went on, I thought he really looks cgi and fake now, and I didn't like that. I thought, don't digitally alter what's there, change certain things, but if it's going to improve it, yes, but his face just looked so flat.
Speaker 2: No, it's I've used the term before, and I've lifted it from another critical reviewer, I'm sure, but it's like someone's doodling on your dreams. Yeah, it's like when Yeah, going back and watching Star Wars Ak and New Hope when that was re released in cinemas in nineteen ninety seven with additional tweaks, you know, some new CGI stuff. What have you got, You've You've got a whole lot of jab of the hut in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's and it still looks crap today. They tweaked it slightly, but it still doesn't look good.
Speaker 2: That's the thing. And it was also around that time it's like digital effects are coming in. They're going to change the game for everybody, and you had a few people who were using them quite well, you is better. You is better. But yeah, in a lot of cases, yes, in a lot of cases, no, just keep it the way it was.
Speaker 3: This here, this is how you parody Star Wars. So the Simpsons did an episode be recently reviewed, I may You're two seasons ago whatever it was, and they had George Lucas being a little person and the episode was just really it was a mean spirited and weird and not funny. Yeah, this is how you do it. You can tell this was made by hardcore film nerds who just did not want films altered.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and also you know they're borrowing story bits and pieces from really really good movie.
Speaker 3: Yes, the movies in question, so a Spielberg's films and Lucas films like Raiders and Ambi Strikes Back and et Returned. The Jedi's in there as well. I love that they turned Spielberg into the Emperor and Lucas was almost like Dafad having a facetone.
Speaker 4: That.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was fantastic.
Speaker 3: I mean.
Speaker 2: Then throwing Francis Coppler in there as well, thought that was marvelous. I mean, it's interesting that they put in Francis Coppoler. He's someone who will occasionally do director's cuts of his movies or do a bit of a re edit now something Godfather one, right, He did one for Godfather three that does improve the movie quite a bit. He did one for a movie called The Cotton Club that I kind of liked in its original version and I liked even more in its other version. But you've got thom makers like Ridley Scott. Ridley Scott does a lot with director's cuts, and often it's a really good effect.
Speaker 3: James Cameron ever do it. I don't know about director's cuts. I mean, I think he did a T two one, didn't he? Maybe I think I've I've once had a DVD that said T two Director's cut.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'm wrong, Maybe I know that you He certainly puts a lot of deleted scenes on DVD's and blue. Yeah, but when it comes to actual now I'm going to re edit this movie. I don't know how about him so much. I mean, you've got the four K releases of a lot of his movies coming up. It's like it's looking a bit too shiny. We kind of like the grit of the original versions of all that kind of business. Yeah yeah, but I mean what you were saying about about Et and how there were changes to it was like, it's but it's not quite right.
Speaker 3: And one of my favorite elements of this episode. Should we get into favorite moments, I just I don't want because there's other things I want to discuss. So one of my favorite moments, as a bit of a tease, is the walkie talkie bit. Right, Yeah, so he changed the guns to walkie talkies in the re release, which is just absurd because why would Et be scared? He was scared because he saw the guns. But that that's that was That was the fucking reason he flew into the sky because there was a saw a gun. He was like, I'm getting out of here. Not a walkie talk you wouldn't care about that thing. But then to have the re release of Saving Private Rne and they're all using walking talk to amazing, And then we get it paid off later in the episode when the cops come to arrest them at Lucas's ranch and they got what you're talking?
Speaker 2: Are we doing? Favorite moments now.
Speaker 3: Was still because I love the just the albums, like I said, Return of the Jedi plus the Raiders at the end the film and things like that. But the issue and the topic of who do these films belong to? Do they belong to the directors who created them, or do they belong to the artists as they put them here? Or do they belong to the fans who paid and enjoy them. It's a bit of both, obviously, of course it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think if you've got access to everything, if you've got access to all versions, I mean, if a new director's cut negates the original ones, like now it's stricken from the record, Yeah, but the original reason the original version work for some reason, I mean, I love that. I've got a big box set of ninety two is Blade Runner by Ridley Scott again, and it's got all the versions and it's got the one that I saw in cinemas back in eighty two, that's got the voice over that a lot of people don't like. But I mean, and I don't think it's great. But at the same time, there are aspects of it.
Speaker 3: I like, it's nice to know that it's an option. Yes, where Star Wars it feels like, no, you will watch the re release. You don't get to watch your original anymore.
Speaker 2: I mean I've watched the Yeah, was able to get a pirate copy of the original unedited nineteen seventy seven Star Wars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and thanks to what's your names of h the guy that ye specialized edition.
Speaker 2: But I mean, I've gotten used to the the new versions with extra CGI jappery and whatnot, and going back is like, I'm feeling something different here. H oh, Yeah, this is this is how it felt the first time.
Speaker 3: I Oh, it's meant to be. It's so good.
Speaker 2: That's so good.
Speaker 3: But with et though, so Spielberg recognized he made a mistake and when when the film has since been it's only it was only released on DVD it was the digital version, but never on Blu. When the film in Blu ray and four K, it's the original version, And he didn't offer the alternate version on those releases, which I thought was interesting. I thought, is that just a complete acknowledgment of I screwed up?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because it's it's it's odd because I thought usually when they do these re releases they offer options.
Speaker 2: Well, he's done, you know, other versions are like Close Encounters as well. I think, yeah, of course he has, Yeah, didn't the original version. Oh it's got more.
Speaker 3: I've got four K and it's so many different things. Yeah, options, But I think.
Speaker 2: He's also talked about He's like, oh, if I was making Close Encounters today, you know, I'm a parent now. Richard Drivers's character, he wouldn't have left his family, wouldn't left his kids to go with the as he would have stayed around.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 2: I think it makes it a better film if you sort of go by your initial instinct. You know, it's an it's it's a document of who you are and the kind of things you want to say at that time in your life.
Speaker 3: Did he digitally alter close encounters or just add in scenes.
Speaker 2: I think it's added in See ET.
Speaker 3: What always annoyed me with the ET release was he added in these deleted scenes, which obviously used the puppet of E T right, but he dig digitally altered it so that it was a CGI version I've always wanted and these at hardcore fan obviously, And these scenes exist obviously somewhere because I've got the cards on the wall here and you can see those deleted scenes because when they made the Trading Cards that wasn't the final version of the film. There's scenes in those Trading Cards that were edited out of the finished product, but so clearly like ET in the Bath, there's an ET in the Bath deleted scene. And Spielberg always hated the way he couldn't get the animatrop to work. But now with CGI, I can make him move like a normal person. And I'm like, but the charm of it was that you had a puppet there with the actors. That's the charm, you know. So with with uh this episode here there free hat. I would listened to the commentary and Stone maybe it's Parker mentioned that they like to think that because of this episode they halted Spielberg, and they think if we went in some way some help to preventing him from changing Raiders, then we've done that job. Well, yeah, because he wrote a letters on Spilberg saying I feel like I've made an ax On a villain in south Park. So I like to think I wonder if they hadn't done this episode, would he continued on with his catalog or because of the episode here he went, you know what, maybe I shouldn't touch this shit.
Speaker 2: But that's the thing. I mean, I've got it in my favorite moments here, but it's more discussion.
Speaker 3: It's getting favorite moments.
Speaker 2: But imagine Raiders and particularly the end of Raiders melting face, isn't it exploding heads when the Ark is opened, I mean boilers. Sorry, guys, the Nazis lose the last time the Nazis. Oh, that's all right, the people with political difference I do. I mean I saw that for the first time. I was probably what twelve years old when it came out. Everyone was going to say, raise lost Ark multiple times and if someone hadn't seen it, you we'd like, dude. At the end, Holy moly, everyone was talking about melting face and exploding heads. Now a couple of years down the line, spill, oh yeah, but I want everyone to enjoy raise lost, and maybe I went a little bit over the top of it. Lie, No, this is what we want. This is what we want. It's gruesome, but you need a few scars. You need a few and they're not lasting, deep emotional scars, and they're like, oh, you know, you're terrified and gross down but in the best possible way.
Speaker 3: If you touch one of my favorite moments as well, it's relevant to what you were just saying. As the maker of dreams, we speak for the children, and he's like, we're children, we speak for ourselves.
Speaker 2: So, I mean it is a tough one. I mean, as an artist, you feel you know a connection to your work and you're like, oh, what's the same as like artists never released an escapes or something, or art is never complete.
Speaker 3: I feel like this is a great discussion for the Movie Guy podcast. It would be indeed, re releases and tweaking of films. Indeed, speaking of tweaking, there's a lot of tweak in this, so they kind of acknowledge here, it's not working. It's not working. So yeah, you had a machine and it was working fine, and yet I think you've just got a little cocky. Well it might be this might be Parkering Stone themselves. Well yeah, yeah, okay, we we retweeked what was working and people aren't fans of it. But also I thought it was kind of funny that they've since re released the original twelve seasons in HD and changed for sixteen to nine. Okay, so that is why it's going on the TV. I'm not sure whether that's just purely a Parker and Stone decision or whether it's the TV station saying, hey, people don't want to flick on the TV and see the black lines on the way it was sign found that with friends of made them widescreen, and you watch them that way and you missed things.
Speaker 2: Sure, Yeah, it's interesting thinking about tweaking it. Thinking about Tron Legacy the other day, which I haven't thought about the quite some time, But you say that a lot.
Speaker 3: There you go, You mentioned Legacy and you haven't thought about for some time, but you bring it up a lot. Go always on, that's what do you go to.
Speaker 2: It's a good movie, new sequel coming out soon apparently. Really, I love all the effects in it. I mean, it's got really terrific special effects. But the one thing is they put they d age Jeff Bridges and it's a really it's really early deaging and it's just terrible.
Speaker 3: It's like, ah, it's like the it wasn't de aging. But when they put the face on to Soprano's mother she passed away. You wash it out and you go, oh ship.
Speaker 2: And then you see a couple of years later in I think it's in a lot of Marvel movies, they were doing it and you see the aged rober Danney Junior, Michael Douglas, Michelle Faber's like, wow, you guys have come ahead and leaps and bounds. If we're going to go back and do.
Speaker 3: Something, yeah, i'd deep fake Jeff Bridges in toront Legacy because it's the one thing that sort of that this movie, it's it's.
Speaker 2: A really nigglaly flaw in it.
Speaker 3: That's something that then I'm also thinking, oh, yeah, but this dahed version of Jeff Bridges is meant to be sort of a glitchy online version that's not quite right. So maybe the face works in that regard. You've got to do some mental gymnastics. There are some examples, like you just said, where fixing things up could work, but changing the structure of a film by throwing in delated scenes and fucking around with it. Yeah, like they did with Jabba the Hut. Oh yeah, I always wanted to include this scene, but now and but I couldn't because he was a human. But now I can because I can see g I jabber and it's like that, don't look like Jabba.
Speaker 2: Remember they used to have on on DVDs, maybe not so much on blue as, but like it was called branching. I think it was like, well if they had a director's cause it's like, well, you can alternately go this way and have this adventure. It was almost choose your own venture. I may be misremembering, but that's what That's what it felt like. It was like, all right, well, did you have more favorite moments?
Speaker 3: Well, that's my favorite moments? What about your what else we got?
Speaker 2: I love the guy who man's the box office at the cinema because we've seen isn't he? Oh we wanted together? Sorry, that was great. It's probably says that I'm a horrible person. But when the kids raid Skywalker Ranch, when they're trying to get the original print of raiders and George Lucas's right, the cabs have got You're going to be in prison being rammed. Wow.
Speaker 3: What I liked more was the kids not understanding what they meant and going, I don't call what the rams do to us? Did you notice actual not trivia questions? I won't.
Speaker 2: Okay, Two more things. Yes, I love the the ad where they were talking about the new versions and stuff, and they've got the voiceover guy, the really cheesy voice. It's really super bad assing kids, and then.
Speaker 3: Having Train and Matt in there as well. Yeah, it was quite funny.
Speaker 2: I love that. And just a really very very funny throw away visual gag is when Hat gets released from prison and he's up there on the stage and you know, saying thanks everybody, get me a baby, makes me do bring him a baby?
Speaker 3: Were trying to crawl away, crawling over the shoulders, like get me away from this guy.
Speaker 2: That's okay.
Speaker 5: Remember there are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Speaker 3: Okay, what it's time for trivia. Speaking of babies, how many did he massacre?
Speaker 2: That was twenty three babies?
Speaker 3: Twenty three babies? Correct? Yes, hey, that was one of my questions of defense though of grand paranhas.
Speaker 2: My first question to you is what time is the saved movies from their directors.
Speaker 3: Really have to be done by tens at two pm? It's twelve p twelve pm. Okay. How many members did they originally sign up after the first rally?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Gosh, oh damn, because they said a lot numbers? Was it six hundred and fifty children and fourteen? My last question is who when they break into the Lucas ranch. Who's on the wall next to George in the photo?
Speaker 2: It's Judge I Bink jud Jo Binks. Yes, what is the name of Tweaks? Doctor?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: No, idea, It's Dtor Norris, doctor Norris. All right, I'm done for trivia question you've got any more for me?
Speaker 2: I'll give you one more. Okay, please do what year did hat go to prison? Oh? It actually ties into this. The inciting incident of this episode was well eight oh so it was twenty years ago?
Speaker 3: Eighty two? Yeah, so, because it's two thousand and two, went to prison in ad how long ago?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What what you did? Hack?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oka, yeah, nineteen two. Okay, I didn't realize that there you won? Did They didn't tied in somehow eight was right there. So what was it?
Speaker 2: Was?
Speaker 3: Indiana Jones Raiders.
Speaker 2: Eighty eighty one? I think was really was eighty one?
Speaker 3: What was eighty then? Empire?
Speaker 2: Empire?
Speaker 3: Yes, I need something big in eighty what's your favorite film of nineteen eighty off the calf? Oh gosh, you were eleven? Yeah, well back then probably Empire?
Speaker 2: Really? Yeah? I saw Mind You See Blues Brothers. No, not till a few years later.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, I don't think that's movie kids would really enjoy anyway.
Speaker 2: No, not really put on.
Speaker 3: For Elliott the other day because Nicholas like the music's great, and I went, it's actually a lot of swearing, not really for kids. If you're a fan of everything we do here at Going Down to south Park, but you're tired of hearing these pesky ads, well you'll absolutely love being a member of the Going Down the south Park Family on Patreon, where you not only get access to over one hundred hours of bonus podcasts, but you also get access to this show early and ad free every single week, as well as access to exclusive Facebook, Slash Discord communities. So go ahead and join the family today and support your pales. Guyan Dando by going to patreon dot com slash four finger discount. Alrighty, let's get into our beloved cheesypoofs.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: I love cheesypoofs. Do you love them? Hello, cheesipoos, we all love them. Indeed, I love cheesypoofs. You love cheesypoofs.
Speaker 2: We didn't, Sweety.
Speaker 3: Kenny g and of course Zach wigmas at two one hundred supporters. Thank you so much, guys, thank you. I'm not sure we actually gave were just there forefinger this came. I just don't think we gave a shout to Andrews over this fifty dollars. I think we forgot Andrew. I'm still sorry Andrews.
Speaker 2: The oh my god, you have to jump in and I'm gonna say thank you Andrews. Yes, thank you, sir.
Speaker 3: Andrew also shots the following people, Jonathan Rossi, Rached Beasley, Stephen Roberts, Shawn DVP Anderson, Timothy Bels and Andrew Davis, Ryan Dunlup, Kevin Deadzel, Planned Flood Bello, Winner, Make Jamie Faden, Heath Appleby, Adrick McLeod Lewis Kavanagh, Shannon Hofer, Mark tre Levin, Rhys Roberts, Ginger and Pickle, Tale and Riquez, Jape, Messado, Declan Phoenix, Brian McCoy, Josh Hellier, logan by James Sheppard, Joe Ridden, Sec Preston Murray, Dave Presceles McNally, Gavin Lane, Charlie Joe and Damie Miller. Alrighty, mister Davis. The original edit of Free Hat was July tenth, two thousand and two, written and direct Oh written by Trey Parker, not directed by him. Oh, Tony, and you jes how would you pronounce that name? And Gene not nugness unias un Yes, it's spill it for me again and U g.
Speaker 2: N ees climb to say nugness.
Speaker 3: It's the new g ness.
Speaker 4: G.
Speaker 2: It's the new hardness newness.
Speaker 3: Yes. But the episode kicks off with the boys and they're arriving at the cinema and when trailers were exciting, you know, your kid. I avoid trailers like anything now because have they always been this way where they just tell the entire film in the trailer?
Speaker 2: No, not always.
Speaker 3: I just it bothers me to no end. I think you've got me hooked in the first twenty seconds. You can stop now, just that's it feels like every film, every trailer used to be was a couple of key moments and the summer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, that's it. Don't tell me the story, give me the tone, give me the feel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't give you the story, as you said, But it's the trailer for the re release of ET and I remember being excited and as we've already discussed, yeah being nice memory. But yeah, but here they make an ET more PC yeah change and the terrorist Hi, you are terrorists? The same thing.
Speaker 2: And one of the kids uses a term to describe what that that development which we will not repeat.
Speaker 3: It not PC no, but yes, they're also saving Private Ryan no Nazis their persons of political difference and the guns and namby walkie talkies. And also the re re re release of The Empire strikes back with Wookies now changed to hair Challenge animals and the whole cast on Now ewos.
Speaker 2: Their hair challenged? When they've got they've got more hair?
Speaker 3: Maybe yeah, that's the thing. I was a bit confused, but maybe this they've got too much hair? Maybe yeah, it could be challenging. It would be annoying to be covered in hair, tell me about it. But they demand their money back. And note what does he say?
Speaker 2: Sorry, shacky say shaky.
Speaker 3: Is It reminds me of the guy from the Simpsons that it with him. But they explained here that art shouldn't be modified these films are it's true.
Speaker 2: Well what are they saying? What if? What if the Roman Empire just kept tweaking the Colisseum? Now it just looks like like some shitty on stadium. Look.
Speaker 3: I went to the Regent Theater last week to watch The Batman right with the live centdra live live score right, and just looking up at that roof, my mate and I were going, this building is incredible and you look at all And about half an hour prior, we'd gone to a McDonald's to have had dinner and it was the most fucking bleak experience of eating out I've ever had. It was we can't take your order, you have to go to that screen and all you print you out a ticket and then it's just someone saying one eighty four, one eighty five, and I'm like, it's just there's no human interaction, right, And then we went up these stairs and there's no tables in this place. It's so it's it's hard to explain. It's elevated platforms, kind of like a tears when you go to like an indoor sporting stadium and it's just you know, when you go to a local basketball game. But they're all individual sounds very sad, and each table is about, I know, thirty centers by thirty centimes round. It's designed for people to not engage, so they don't want you to engage with people in You order the food and they no longer expect you to engage when so my friend and I had to sit next to each other at two separate little tables, and then the worker go and then the worker was cleaning, and I said, why they like this? He goes, I was designed for people just having lunch in their lunch boat. The don't want to talk to anyone. I'm like, that's where we've come now, how in human McDonald's used to be. You go there the fucking happy Meal when happy meant something and there was fucking statues and the city look like Hamburgers. Now it looks like it's been taken out of a flat packed Ikea box.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all very ike I mean, I don't hate Ikea, but I do sort of hate the ikea aesthetic going to everything.
Speaker 3: I mean, you look at that, it was bleak.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you look at a Macas or Hungry Jacks or Booking or whatever from even the nineties, which I was about to say the nineties, that's thirty years ago now, but yeah, there was some degree of fun, imagination, personality exactly right in the architecture. And now it's all the same.
Speaker 3: I feel like KFC kind of keeps some sort of element of fun, I think just by virtue of its color. Yeah, yeah, but Hungry Jacks McDonald's name. Not everything is stage and beige. I mean, it's terrible, but yeah. I was just going from McDonald's this bleak, shitty little restaurant to the Regent Theater and going, yeah, but were they made buildings with detail?
Speaker 2: The other The other sad thing about Macas though, is I mean, if you actually go in as you did and place your order by the screen as opposed to the person, you hear what's just behind the behind the in the kitchen that fucking sound. Oh my god. It is like being in the factory at the end of the terminator where everything is going to, or like the emergency room of of some hospital. Somewhere. It's all just incessant noise. I mean, I can't imagine the star turn because I just make it dry.
Speaker 3: And well basically, my mate was saying, that's why kids don't stay working with your very much longer, because that sound is just constantly.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I couldn't even describe it. I just I was so upset. But going to the regional theater going when they just left shit alone, people cared. There's been another episode of Daniel and go I get grumpy about modern life, but I thought it was relevant. He was talking about you know, just y Yeah, yeah, just how But anyway, they form a society, yes, the save films from their own directors club, as they put it. Yeah, but Tweet doesn't want to tweak is I know, he saves the day technical here, but god.
Speaker 2: No, he's annoying. His negative and he's annoying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's there's no positive traits to keep this character. I know. I mean even as a supporting character. I'm like, what's gone? I done that. It was funny for a one note character for an episode, but he's done now. I don't need to see I would be fine and never see Tweak again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, sorry, Tweak. I feel much the same. Not great.
Speaker 3: No, Tweet doesn't want to do it. You're not a team playing. No, I'm not a team player.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, well.
Speaker 3: Fuck off then, and they put the sign up for the rally be at the school at twelve tomorrow. But Cartman here, dude, that signs sex.
Speaker 1: Nobody's going to show up. Well, what's wrong with it? Look at it, dude, you're not having any fabulous praises. You have to have for fabulous praises if you want people to show for your stupid crap.
Speaker 3: Like a free hat, so we can make them out of paper, And they send Tweak to make fifty papers while they get the gymnasium ready. Tweets his dad's they're supporting him, moist. He's stressing out making all these paper hats. He's going to find your center. It's like calm, it's have a good more of the happy.
Speaker 2: Place, of course. Or yeah, five clubs also got.
Speaker 3: This, Yes, calm, puppies and carts. The vision of Cartman waking over him, yep. Yeah.
Speaker 2: How many hats is as Tweak made by that point or does he make.
Speaker 3: In the end, and he ends up making fifteen fifteen yeah, yeah, well I think he made fifteen at a pointcause he was up all night. He said, making fifteen, can't touch him to hurry up, and yes, so he arrives next day, you only made fifteen. As we said, he goest be spies. Anyone's here anyway, goes inside. Oh shit, people in there. Yeah, and they're gonna kick our as. Oh my god, we haven't got hats for him? And was it? Cartain says, never underrestment. They have a free hat. Everyone's really happy to be there, and then they realize here though, there's actually been a miscommunication because they were chanting free hat, free hat thing it Oh my god, they want the hats. No, they want to free hey child murderer.
Speaker 2: It's not free hat is in the noun, it's free hat as an a verb.
Speaker 3: Yeah hat McCullough, mcallough, I believe been in prison since eighty two. Everyone starts to leave, but in the stand please look, can't we can we do this as well? Work together? And I love that. Can we also work on towards sure? Yes, yeah, it will stay.
Speaker 2: Then what could possibly go wrong?
Speaker 3: To the meeting at Stan's house now talking about how they've got two hundred and fourteen members. But ted couple now, I don't know, think about tea couple I've had we mentioned on Simpsons before and very short just a newsman, just newsman. Yeah, he wants them on Nightline, and Cartlin says, I'm going to do all the talking here, which plays, howeverously in the moment. I'm gonna do all the talking because I'm the official spokesman.
Speaker 2: Why would you?
Speaker 3: Because because I claimed it like a puss, big run. Now nineties kids out there, well, when you hear what could possibly go wrong? What's what's your thing? Oh gosh, there's two things for me. Obviously, there's the Simpsons reference nothings. Nothing's PUSSI blag gun wrong wrong, possibly get wrong. That's first thing that's ever gone wrong. It's scratchy Land. But also there was a game in the early nineties on the Super Nintendo called Bubbzy and the very first you mention and when you're a kid in your hire a video game from the store or whatever. I can't tell you how many games on high I couldn't get past the first two levels. So you just play those same two or three levels over and over and over again. Because I was too young to be able to play it properly. But the first thing used to say, like a little bit before each level, you'd always go like a passively go around. I I've heard him say that a million times because I would always die the first level, like to go back to the start, like a passively go wrong. So that's for me.
Speaker 2: I mean, what's yours? It's really just a line from any sort of comedy or sitcom, whereas like, yeah, we personally yeah, and it's usually you know, some cool guy about to bring his slightly nerdier mate into some wacky scheme that m why could personally go wrong? Trust me?
Speaker 3: Going to be great? A lot's going to go wrong, and what's going to go right? Going to have a bad hilarity answer, He's going to have a bad time. Yeah, it's time for Nightline. Now. We don't really have shows like Nightline anymore in Australia anyway, do we not?
Speaker 2: Really? I mean the ABC has got a few many ABC's got seven thirty at seven thirty, but.
Speaker 3: This this is on broadcast like the ABC's badcaster obviously, but channel seven, Channel nine. I mean, there was the Glory Days quote unquote Glory Days, the gloridates. For me growing up with Sports Tonight, I got all my sports updates, like the last half an hour. We didn't get just the sports five minutes. We've got Sports Tonight.
Speaker 2: Well, you had dueling current affair shows on channels nine and seven. We had a current Affair and to Dayton, that's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and with the hard issues initially not moving his law.
Speaker 2: People from here, the neighbors from hell is the main ship. Let Dodgy Trade's or something, Dodgy Trades, Dodgy Trading used.
Speaker 3: To how do you feel about ripping off all the old ladies?
Speaker 2: Just honestly, I mean if I was that, if I was a Dodgy Trading or something like that and a current of thing, honestly would tell them the funk off? I would, And I would just revel in it, because.
Speaker 3: I reckon you become you become a sensation.
Speaker 2: You would have so many people at home just going tell them the funk off. But yeah, those shows used to well, I think when they initially started was like we're going to talk about political issues with you know, the POLLI of the day, and eventually became like nobody's interested in that.
Speaker 3: Every podcast we're going to have real conversations, conversations but also free. Had to get more patrios, we need to offer them a free hat, free hat. When I decided to the patren the next three months gets a free hat.
Speaker 2: But no, they don't really exist. I mean, there's still a current affair on on Channel nine, but that is very much neighbors from Helen. Dodgy trades from how I Phil is another one.
Speaker 3: It's like a bad lawyers maybe nah.
Speaker 2: From doll Bludges.
Speaker 3: Doll Bludges, Yeah, but dodgy trades and neighbors from Hew.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But I love here in Nightline though, it's the keyword here is confessed, convicted, confessed serial better babies.
Speaker 2: How'm gonna pass this over a tweak official.
Speaker 3: Spokesman because you're I love here too? When tweaks speaking, the little tagline advocate of Toddler Murder.
Speaker 5: Just answer me this week. What do you see as positive about Toddler Murder?
Speaker 2: It's it's easy, Yes, it is easy.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 5: Then on to your other cars saving films from their directors? What got you boys interested in this, especially given your pro Toddler murder status.
Speaker 1: We believe that films have to be taken away from people like Steven Spielberg and George Look, because they're insane.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm glad you said that, boys, because joining us now are Steven Spielberg and George Lucas.
Speaker 2: Hello, Ted, I ain't Ted.
Speaker 5: Gentlemen, these Toddler murder fans think that you're insane and shouldn't be allowed to alter your films.
Speaker 3: Your response, well, first.
Speaker 5: Of all, both George and I are very firmly against the murdering of.
Speaker 1: Toddler's here here, stevens George Lucas, get me out of here, Get me out of here.
Speaker 5: And as for altering our films, all we're doing is trying to reach a new audience with our movies. As the makers of dreams, we like to speak for the children.
Speaker 1: Uh we thought we were speaking for the children. Yeah, we're children.
Speaker 2: And it's funny because I mean, you tend to think of Spielberg as the most sort of easy going, chill one in touch with his in the child, whereas George Lucas is kind of like weird in case it seems kind of odd, yeah, and yeah, sort of more old business. It's very set in his ways as well. Yeah, So to have that to have the bit of the script flip.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I love the George Lucas was Yeah, the goin's just in all though he loves it. Yeah, as a maker of dreams, we speak for the chilchldredren. But we're children, we're speaking. Cartman says they're only motivated by money. That's the end reason they're doing, not to make changes and benefits. It's just money, pure money. And of course, as he says, why he said they both choose George is.
Speaker 2: Like I'm not Jewish because Lucas.
Speaker 3: But Cartman accidentally gives them the idea for tweaking Raiders.
Speaker 2: Yes, and now that the club see, there's already been enough of it. It's a very minor tweak. And I don't think it's in the actual movie.
Speaker 3: Okay, what is it?
Speaker 2: I think when DVDs started to become popular, it's like, well, we've got to have them all on the shelf, and you want to have them all next to one another. So we're going to call it Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Arc. Now, so you're oh shit, really yeah? Yeah, I don't know how long that actually stuck around.
Speaker 3: It's like Star Wars and New Hope he changed it to episode four, didn't he? Well, it was I mean, it was always episode four, was it?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah?
Speaker 3: I thought it first came out says called Star Wars. I was just called Star Wars. But in the actual credits, they when you have the opening scroll, it says episode four, and always say episode four.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: I always thought they always.
Speaker 2: Like, wait a minute, what what's going on?
Speaker 1: That?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean, and it added to the mystique. It was Greg, It's like, what the wait a minute? There was more stories for this, what's going on?
Speaker 2: I loved it, but your face?
Speaker 3: I thought he had.
Speaker 2: Sorry I should I should have look this up properly beforehand, but yeah, there was.
Speaker 3: I'm looking up now.
Speaker 2: Indiana Jones and Raiders the Lost Arc. I don't think it ever they ever adjusted the opening credits to say that, but they certainly did it on DVD covers.
Speaker 3: I was today years old when I realized that the first movie is just Raiders of the Lost Ark without the Indiana Jones tag. And there's a picture of the DVD case.
Speaker 2: Ok So, I mean, if you've got real nerds who are like, well, these these DVD's going here, and they've got to be in alphabetic a Lord, but then Indiana Jones and the Templar Data tapes. Yeah, but yeah, Temple and Doom and the last cru said, and I know the others there will be in this section, but Red is the less. It's gonna be all the here, but.
Speaker 3: It's I'm looking at the poster just as Raiders.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, when the movie was always Raiders the Lost Ark and always will be. But yeah, they were trying to rebrand it as Indiana Jones and the.
Speaker 3: Please don't do that, and please stop making Indiana Jones films.
Speaker 2: Yeah, please stop doing that. Or honestly, I mean, I love Harrison Vatter as much as the next man, but just reboot with someone else. Do it, do a Bond.
Speaker 3: Star, don't just leave it. Just don't do it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, I would like more movies.
Speaker 3: Just come up with something good.
Speaker 2: Well, I would like more movies like The Raiders of Lost Ark or in the spirit of Raiders Laa. But be original, a wonderful, dashing, daring, dowardmancha.
Speaker 3: I always found the Mummy wanted to be very Raiders esque.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, great.
Speaker 3: Brenda Fraser would have been the perfect person to reboot in Indiana Jones franchise with It would have been good Late Night Brenda Fraser.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or Superman. I always saw him a Superman thing. You would have been greater Superman Brendon Fraser. Yeah yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 3: From the ninety seven Ish Fraser like Georgia Jungle Time, Oh yeah, absolutely, because he had that Clark Kent aspect.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he could play like a sort of a Bumbloo but then yeah, I mean you could. I'd love to see a screen test of him doing the Christopher Reef thing that that everybody loves. Where he changed, where he's in lowest Land's apartment, He's got his Clerk Kent past year and then he just Supman's.
Speaker 3: Up and it's ship.
Speaker 2: He fucking morphed in real time.
Speaker 3: Brenda Fraser's gone too shape and edit.
Speaker 2: It would be amazing.
Speaker 3: Remember when everyone remember when we used to talk about how much we love Brendan Fraser and everyone got on that bandwagon and everyone's just forgotten about him again.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, well, I mean he's in he's in movies, he's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it was just, oh my god, Brendan Fraser.
Speaker 2: We love him.
Speaker 4: What's for?
Speaker 3: Everybody's over him? We just love him so much and now no one's talking about him again. No, he's sort of back on the wagon. He's working again, but he's always working. Yeah, he's back to where he was now. I mean he's he's been given the critical acclaim. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's co starring in this movie that's on Amazon at the moment called Brothers with Peter Inklidge and Josh Brolin, and he's got the and Brendan Fraser apart, and it says and Academia would winner Brendan Fraiker. Yeah, so I mean that's he's got the award he deserved.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And it's probably a nice little bump for him as well. Yeah, so he probably gets a nice little pay bump as well. So that's good news.
Speaker 3: But I was loving because he had the same name as me, and I didn't know any other Brendans in my life and it was spelt right too, That's what That's what was important for me. But yeah, getting here, So basically, Spilwork and Lucas have arrived and they're fucking shit.
Speaker 2: Have aren't they They are indeed.
Speaker 3: Yes, giving him the idea to tweak Raiders. So they having the club meeting and they are telling the people all about the news, but he's going to tweak raiders and come and explains the only way to stop this is to go to the ranch, Lucas's ranch and get the original negative here. But everyone's more interested in freeing Hat.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Are they going to Skywalker Ranch with the Lucas's house because well, it says Lucas's house.
Speaker 3: He says, go walk a Ranch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because Lucas actually lives in Marin County, which is where lu and I visited last year when we went.
Speaker 3: To California, So he doesn't he never lives at the ranch. I don't know if I.
Speaker 2: Think the sky Will Ranch is actually more.
Speaker 3: His office, okay, because they referred to as Lucas's house, but also score a a ranch anyway, who knows?
Speaker 2: And I was like George Lucy, we're exactly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, we should go get that negative as soon as we get Hat free.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know, we need to do this first, but we have to free Hat. It's just you know, he killed twenty three babies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it was in self defense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he killed twenty three babies in self defense.
Speaker 5: Hat was attacked maliciously and unprovoked by a gang of babies in West Town Park. When that many babies get together, they can be like Piranha. Three eyewitnesses testified that I had had and killed those babies, they'd have killed him.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I thought there's gonna be some sort of playing that the releasing usually betray Hi Matt. They don't have dialogue. That's going to waste. So I thought the fact there was three eyewitnesses and blah blah blah, that was going to all play into it somehow. But no, but they decided to split up. Someth'm gonna go to the governor. I'm pleased to get hat free. We're going to well somewhere, apparently going to come out with a negative, but none of them did. So this is the fact that split up is that the people have gone to the governor and the kids have gone to I think that they're splitting up anyway. But Tweet quits because you can't deal with the stress that they create. And I thought, good, good, lesson, there's going the better. Look look, Tweet, people aren't into you. They're finding you very annoying. Your one last shot.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean they sort of gave him a bit of a hero's farewell to hope.
Speaker 3: It's a farewell well yeah, yes, but they break into his house and or the ranch. They find the negatives for three hundred plus versions of the Star Wars films. First Day at School, Wedding digitally enhanced versions of the wedding. And then there's one that they quickly panned over. If you didn't freeze frame it, you missed it. But it says kids first swimming lessons, digitally enhanced weather. Oh, and they find the Raiders one and they make tweat grab it. I'll get up there and grab it from the latter. Then Lucas enters and they say it's time for Plan B not Plan bing. And this was a bit that was kind of funny, but I thought went a little longer. I guess it was all right. The argument over with it to do and icy the heart with a call something.
Speaker 2: Eh, Yeah, that felt like filler.
Speaker 3: Yes, because layah, this is probably once I killed in the writer's room. It was like, it's fun in the writer's room. Didn't really translate, well, you know what it is. It's the song that they do in baseball. That's the reference. They did the answer of the costumes and whatnot, and this is what Lucas says, you're going to call the cops and you'll swie me in Jaibei rammed as you said, and they say to him, this is so. This was the first time I realized anyway they're playing up the Star Wars Vadas saga. There's still some good in there. I made them i'd the right to do what I want. And the boys like, no, no, no, they're blow to society. And then Lucas here fears maybe I forgot what an artist is all about, and Spillway comes in the Emperor.
Speaker 5: You haven't let these do a children affect your judgment.
Speaker 2: Have you joined?
Speaker 3: Don't forget you belong to me.
Speaker 2: Don't listen to her.
Speaker 1: You still have a chance to preserve your film.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, boys, now take the children prisoner. What you trouble makers shall be my guests of honor at the premiere of the new Raiders of the Last Arc. Your gay little club is o you Steven Spielberg.
Speaker 1: Come on, you guys.
Speaker 2: Don't even think about it.
Speaker 5: Kid, And I'm not afraid to use this working turkey, the.
Speaker 2: One with the cocaine problem.
Speaker 5: Escape mine, director, leave him, let him run back to his mommy. You must get the film ready for the premiere.
Speaker 2: Lucas come.
Speaker 3: I got a huge kick out of this. Can't really explain why Lucas come here. I think just saying Spielberg, as he said, as the villain here, it was just so good.
Speaker 4: Come.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's partly star wasn't partly raided? Yea with these with these villains.
Speaker 3: I love that he said he's going to invite them as the guests of one or two the Premierre screening of the re release of the Raiders of Lost Dark film. So then we get the trailer for the re release of the pilot episode of South Park. It's always fun, as we said that when they take fun of themselves.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, when you actually see them on screen, Yeah, because they're both really appealing screen presence as well. I mean, I think it's it makes it good looking guys. Oh yeah, it makes.
Speaker 3: Sense that you would cast them in something like basketball as well. I mean, if you're a bit of a shame they sort of just went back behind the scene. And I feel like Trey Park is one of those guys who if he wasn't, we didn't have that. I say that the reputation of South Park over his head.
Speaker 2: I feel like he could have.
Speaker 3: Been a genuine actor. He's a good looking dude. Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Apparently he's into martial arts and all that kind of stuff. It's like you could probably put him in some action comedy or something because it means you look at all Gasmo when he's like doing martial arts and that.
Speaker 3: But he's making South Art money, so he didn't give a shit and he's in control as well.
Speaker 2: True. Yeah, nice living the dream. Coming this summer, it's.
Speaker 4: The digitally re enhanced re release of the very first pilot episode of South Park. Yes, the classic, rough handmade first episode is getting a makeover for two thousand and two.
Speaker 2: The simple, funny aliens are now super badass in two.
Speaker 4: The Flying Saucer no longer cheat construction paper, but a four our megapixel non drop digital master piece of technology.
Speaker 2: Yes, everything's new, new is better.
Speaker 5: When we first made South Park, we didn't want to use construction paper, we just had to because it was cheap. And now with new technology, we can finally remaster South Park to make it look sharp, clean and focused and expensive.
Speaker 4: Yes, all the charm of the simple little cartoon will melt before your eyes as it is replaced by newer and more standardized animation.
Speaker 5: For instance, in the scene at the bus stop, we always meant to have Imperial lockers and giant do back lizards in the background, but simply couldn't afford it.
Speaker 4: This special enhanced version quick because another enhanced version will likely be coming up for two thousand and three.
Speaker 3: If you're a fan of everything we do here at Going Down the South Pocket, you tie it hearing these pesky ads, Well, you'll absolutely love being a member of the Going Down the South Park family on Patreon, where you not only get access to over one hundred hours of bonus podcasts, but you also get access to this show early and ad free every single week, as well as access to exclusive Facebook slash Discord communities. So go ahead and join the family today and support your pals Guyan Dando by going to patreon dot com slash four finger discount. Tweak now tells everybody and in the club about the boys being held prisoner just like hat and they say maybe we can out the Governor's icy heart with a cool islands. Yeah, that works, And they have the argument that the boys had and they say, I did love the voice. Hope looks cool is hard temper with a fresh ear, and they decided to do that. Then we get excess Hollywood, and I thought we may have a betle to Let a molten reference here.
Speaker 2: But no, it was it was just that Pat O'Brien.
Speaker 3: Oh is it okay? Then I didn't lost on me. But they now, is this meant to be across tatawein or is this a Raiders reference here? When they're walking across and he's got the Raiders, that is Raders? They okay, it reminded me maybe he's got the sad people and he's looking also with the Yeah, but.
Speaker 2: He's got the bazooker and he's like, I'm gonna blow it up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right, that's right. Yeah, I haven't watched it for a long time to visit it, but yeah, they're walking to the premiere. Basically they see tweak and all I want my friends. I want my friends to be safe, except Carmon, you can keep coming to shoot the negative And Spilbey tries to call his bluff, doesn't he and he kind of does. Well, that's that's a direct lift from from is where Yeah, Belloch is like, go ahead, low it up, do it like you can't what a villain, right, I love that guy. I don't know if it's from earlier in the film, but they're talking about you.
Speaker 2: And I are just walking through history. This, this is history, and of course they allude to that with like this has improved improved history. Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, as we said, what a great parody, it's not a parody, it's it's a mar it's a tribute. It's a tribute to a marchin. That's what part does so so well as they poke fun. But but you're mentioning today we record episode of the movie Guy today with Leonard and you mentioned that that Tray and Matt are so good at having a sold story and throwing in gags yeah.
Speaker 2: Or even yeah, and stuff that they may pinch from other people, but they realize, oh, this works in service of what we want to say.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't think they've got any disrespect for Spielberger Lucas. I think there's a great deal of respect there. I think they're like, yeah, you guys are sort of straying from the true path a little bit. You know, we we wouldn't be saying this if we didn't love what you do. If we didn't love the work that you've given us, and you know the way it makes us feel. And when you I can understand why you'd want to tweak it, but yeah, you kind of. It's not disrespectful to us, but yeah, it's almost disrespectful to what you gave us. Yeah, I mean just get along, yeah a lot. But yeah, So when you lift scenes wholesale from something like Raiders.
Speaker 3: You put your characters, use it to further your story.
Speaker 2: You use it to further your story and also tell jokes, it's like, yeah, it's a win win win win win.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And plus it's, as we've mentioned recently on the four figure discount, modern day Simpsons parodies tend to be only funny. He gives no the source material. Yeah, this is an episode that you could enjoy without having even knowing it.
Speaker 2: Knowing that, yeah, knowing that this is his Raiders is just a bonus.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But otherwise the story is moving along very very well. Yep.
Speaker 3: It's almost like they're doing what the Simpsons were doing in their peak, isn't it where I know this is something I'm not quite sure what I'm going to go find out what it is. Yeah, and you can't do it, so we can't do it, and then we can't. Everybody singing the song for the Governor, which doesn't really go anywhere. I guess it succeeds because he gets set free. But the premiere is beginning, and the boys now tied up at the back, and he's the screening here. After the screen he's finished, we're in a destroy oh the old prison celebration, So it can't ever be viewed the original way ever. Again, stand tells the boys close your eyes, close your eyes. I'm like, oh, I know what's happening now. Yeah, the audience realized, Oh my god, version is awful as he watchs and ship around and he kills everybody the same way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, what comes out of the arc kills all the nats.
Speaker 3: Is over watching that for the first time that I would have been about twelve and going that's not what I expected.
Speaker 2: Oh, but you rewatched Raiders and like there's I mean, at the end, at the start of rais lost Ark, where you know Indiana Jones is searching for the for the idol. He's got Stibo with him, Satipo betrays him. Yeah, but then he's making his way to the cave and Stebo just fell a foul of the booby traps. Gross as hell, the big screamer that you see that as a kid and you're like, oh, that's so I'm scared, but I love it. It's wonderful mixed emotions. Raiders is full of that stuff.
Speaker 3: I can't remember the last time a film really made me feel that that way. Maybe it's only a film a way you can really be captured when.
Speaker 2: You're a kid, I think so. Yeah. I mean I watched.
Speaker 3: Terrified for the first time recently and I was like, I'm not so sure there's a story here. It's more just gory deaths. And it come to a point where I went, even, I have my limits. But in terms of like Terrifier one, there's a scene I was were you grossed out or you're bored now? As in, I can't watch this, it's too much. You know, we talk about hostel and things, right, So, have you ever watched Terrifier?
Speaker 2: No, I'm not saying anything.
Speaker 3: I've not seen any other climp spoiler for one of the deaths, right was there's a woman hanging upside down, dude, and he gets a saw and cuts it down. The middle in half. Yeah, yeah, when he sort of went that with the saw and I was like, pause, I want entertainment that is ascending down the big three box. I just skipped that. I enjoyed the movie. I love the idea that you can make like so many of these terrified films, and I love that the fact that it's just become a huge success because it was such an indie film and it's just a concept where it's just a guy killing people. Doesn't ever need a story.
Speaker 2: People just you're on the phone with Out the Clown. Now, do you want to tell.
Speaker 3: That that was that was the experience? Yeah. I was just like, you're fun to have him on the podcast, and he's going to be up on an upcoming episode of TUNEI chim comes get on the movie guide?
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 3: I reckon he did love that in Molton Out the Clown. Yeah, good good man the man behind the art. But so the premiere is going on, it's killing everybody. Everyone realizes, you know, we've made a mistake here. The boys now just randomly not tied up anymore. Oh, they'll just free at the end. I guess that it breake the ropes at now. I was were tired with I don't.
Speaker 2: But then so I suppose that, Yeah, that's kind of a from the nitpick about Ray's the lost arc as well, because because Indian Indian marry and the only ones left at the ends, like I think, when you're.
Speaker 3: Tied up, wait about maybe that's them taking the mickey.
Speaker 2: It's the first time I thought about that, after what Whatty something he is?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, maybe there is something in there that there could be, But the South Park don't have that. People died and all of a sudden they've got no rope on their hands anymore. But we have the discussion here, So first of all, before we have that, it's the town celebrated in the release of hat McCollough.
Speaker 2: And thanks to the bravery.
Speaker 5: Of this young man in particular, Hat McCollough is finally free for prison.
Speaker 2: Thank you everyone killed Kelly.
Speaker 1: I'm still thankful for all your support.
Speaker 2: And I just wonder if I could get a baby real quick.
Speaker 3: Sure, give that man a baby. I was surprised that that story didn't have some sort of pay off. I just wanted to be something more there. It's like, I know, he's just a guy who killed children, and that's the joke. Thought I thought there'd be more to it. I thought there was gonna be some sort of twist in that story, and there just wasn't. But the boys discuss here. People don't say care that we've we've prevented Spielberg from altering Raiders now, but they'll care later, and Tweak asks about the originals where are the original stuff? A bit of a political statement.
Speaker 2: Here, Oh yeah, biting social commentary, yes.
Speaker 3: Which I don't think we get We do get it in South Farnk, but not kind of like, not this blatant, not this blatant. I mean there's someone have been louden episode.
Speaker 2: Yes, but usually this when usually this doesn't really feel like a joke so much. It just feels like, oh, this is something we're not too happy about, or you know, we should know more about nine to eleven. Yeah, an opportunity to throw this in.
Speaker 3: Tweak us where the original negatives are and one of the boys cover He says, is it's safe where noverybody ever find it, and it's in the warehouse of all the Red Cross nine to eleven relief funds.
Speaker 2: But also yes, out of the shout out to the end of Raiders of Lost arc where the ark is put in a giant warehouse full of goodness only knows what.
Speaker 3: Yeah, where is that warehouse or what is that warehouse meant to be?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I think it's somewhere in Washington.
Speaker 3: Okay, or who knows. So it's basically the X Files warehouse. Yeah, pretty much deep throat putsy stuff.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's not deep throat the smoky man. Deep throaty tries to leak all the ship, doesn't.
Speaker 2: He That's right, that's what that's what a deep throat does well, among other things.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, Well that is our review of Free Hat, A fantastic episode of South Berk. I loved this.
Speaker 2: This was good fun. Enjoyed this very early.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think just particularly because it referenced the ET thing.
Speaker 2: I was like, it's just it's speaking.
Speaker 3: To none of you. Love it when you watch something and you realize that the people creating it are on the same wavelength.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's one of the great joys. It really is. When you start reading a book.
Speaker 3: And its like, oh my goodness, you think the same things. I think, Yeah, yeah, well that's I'm not alone in this world.
Speaker 2: That's I've forgotten who who would attributed to. But yeah, one of the great sayings is we read to know we're not alone, and yeah, we consume our to know we're not alone. There's so many great things about this.
Speaker 3: And also it's one of those things where none of my friends gave a ship about ET. Right. It was as an old movie. It was a two, so it was twenty years old, which along it's now forty years old plus, can't believe that. But it was almost like I had no one to talk about my grievances. With the re release of ET, I'm like, Ao, look like a nerd and b that just genuinely just don't give a shit about eighteen. It's like it's a kid's movie. And seeing this now just like I wish I'd seen this at the time, like, ah, well see the hair. It's one of the I don't think I've ever seen this episode before before the Internet became the hellscape that it is now, when first tweet as a shithole. Now, oh, lots a lot of social media it's pretty bad. But when the Internet first happened and when I first started the sort of game prominence, I mean, yeah, getting on board.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, you like that it was chat rooms. Oh yeah, oh you know what, you know what I'm going to say something here? Oh you know what I mean when I say that? You know you get what I'm talking about. Yeah, Or you know when you've been making references to movies or songs or anything like that just felt like a whole.
Speaker 3: That's what I felt like, And you wanted to be part of their Well that's correct, all right, yeah, but that is free hat. Next episode of going down to South Park, Baby's boobs destroy society.
Speaker 2: All right, let's see, we'll get to that when we get to it.
Speaker 3: See that's a title that you know what again?
Speaker 2: Or do we speaking of speaking of the parking Stone not guaranteed?
Speaker 3: Speaking of episode descriptions, right, Yes, I watched the new episode of The Simpsons on Disney Plus. Yes, they does not this Plus just ain't trying with descriptions episodes anymore. It was like Lisa goes to Capital City. That's the that's it. And I watched the episode and I was like, well, that's that's guys. The Capital of city said on that I'd say Shenanigan's happened, but no, just like I was a twelve minute mark I know there's gol looked at again. This morning, I was like, well, I finished watching this, Yeah, it was twelve minutes in it, and I went, nothing has happened yet. Oh boy, I was very disappointed.
Speaker 2: That sounds sad.
Speaker 3: That sounds sad, but you know it's so sad south Park.
Speaker 2: That's true, and particularly your powers down on guy talking about going down to south.
Speaker 3: Yes, don't forget. If you do enjoy this show as much as we enjoy doing it for you, you can't support us and help get the lights on by supporting us on Patreon. First Little is just one dollar per month. Every dollar count, so if you can do so, that would be great.
Speaker 2: We do count every dollar.
Speaker 3: Yes, you can rate and review us and Apple podcast Spotify as well. Where do you find the show checks five stars live as a kind review, they'd be much appreciated. And you can't get in touch with us Southpark mail Bag at gmail dot com. That's correct, Yes, that is correct and dead and I purchased URL yesterday. I mean Andrew Swany mcswan one of our patrons. He's gonna help me redirect. So our new podcast website here for Going down to South Park is Southpark podcast dot com. It's not live yet as I record this, but all of our shows now are gonna have their own website. Oh my goodness. Oh, we're taking over the internet and the new email. So the reason I brought this up will be mail bag at south Park podcast dot com.
Speaker 2: Just taken over the Internet.
Speaker 3: We're redoing the studio here and fancy blu rays and TVs and everything. Right, it's gonna look really pro Yeah, exactly. And I'm not sure whether it's live yet, probably not for the pages, but maybe the free listeners. The Movie Guide podcast guys now doing a podcast with the Leonard Moulton. Correct, and we've done seven episodes already in the count six episodes, seven if you include the welcome one. Yes, really good fun, really good time. It's just amazing sitting back listening to two film nerves talking about films, just as we discussed today on the episode Movie Enthusiast being enthusiastic about movies.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is a very very positive little corner of the Internet that we are chiseling out for ourselves, and we would like you to join us.
Speaker 3: Yes, do so, so check it out The Movie Guide with Malton and David. Do you everything you'd be with with Malton and Davis. Never thought I finally made something positive happened for you.
Speaker 2: You're stuck it out.
Speaker 3: You're stuck it out and now you're co hosting the podcast. Is Leonard Malton? Yeah, it's something that you can. You've got bragging rights over your reviewer buddies now right. You're doing a podcast with leading Malta.
Speaker 2: That's true. His name is doing the podcast all.
Speaker 3: Right, guys, think you can for all of your supportment to Davis Andy. Final words for those listeners out
Speaker 2: There well as the maker of dreams, you speak to the children