Speaker 1: The disclaimer to the fair season Karen's out there, Oh dare you? All guests on the show do not reflect the opinions of the host. The purpose of the show is to have interesting conversations, stretch our minds and grow, not what we want. If you are looking for an echo chamber viewer and listener discretion, he's advised.
Speaker 2: Can you talk about extreme?
Speaker 1: What is happening and what is up? Hold out your glass because we're about to fill it.
Speaker 2: Up torches high, you know, look at it from a different perspective, different perspective, different perspective.
Speaker 1: Hey, guys, what is happening and what is up? Hold out your glass because we are about to feel it. Welcome to to Meethius Lyn's podcast, the place where the conversations are always enlighten. I'm your host, Doc Brown, and here we like to use the allegory of the Prometheus limps. Take a second look at everything. Hey guys, if you're new to the channel, welcome to the Hero's Journey. Be sure to hit that like button, hit that subscribe button down below. We'll have our social media's at their various platforms. Be sure to check those out. That would be much much appreciated. Hey, guys, We'll start off as saying, if you're listening on Spotify or Apple, I know ads suck, but for four bucks a month, you can get an ad free listening experience if contribute to the show that you listen to and love every single week. But guys, I got another banger for you. This is a returning guest. I've developed a friendship with this guy over the past three or four years podcasting, and we've talked to everything from giants to following angel tech. You've probably seen him on a View from the Bucker with Derek Gilbert and jud Burton and Doug Van Dorn so of our other favorites of this show. But I'd like to welcome back to the show, Brian. Good day of Brian. Thanks for coming along, man.
Speaker 2: Thanks for having me again.
Speaker 1: Doc Brown, that's right, gotta embrace it. You gotta embrace it.
Speaker 2: Where's your DeLorean?
Speaker 1: I know that that actually started with Steve. It's like two or three years ago when we first started doing the dig Bible podcast and I was just had all my notes and stuff and trying to be all professional mister factoid, and he was like Doc Brown over here, and it just kind of stuck. I'm like, yeah, man, I like that. I'm gonna start spiking my hair up and I love it.
Speaker 2: Man. I heard they're working on a new Back to the Future movie. I think, oh, yeah, I believe it or not. Yeah, but I have no idea what it's about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that would be crazy because they've covered all the timelines. You think, yeah, they're gonna go way into the future, or they're gonna be writing dinosaurs because they went to the wild West.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, like maybe they'll still be in the eighties and then they'll come to the present or something. I don't know, you know, yeah, because that's forty years later, right.
Speaker 1: So yeah, Well, Brian, just for those that maybe it's just tunany in are maybe not familiar with you, just give everybody a feel a background of who Brian Goadali is and what it is that you do. Brother.
Speaker 2: Well, I am a author of mostly biblical novels that deal with the supernatural, and they're basically retelling Bible stories but adding the or not adding, but sort of pulling back the veil on the supernatural world and you know, speculating somewhat on what might it look like during these what might look like in the spiritual realm during these historical events in the Bible and such. And of course, you know, we do know, we already do know. Bible's revealed some obvious spiritual warfare and stuff that's in the Bible. But the particular paradigm that I'm working from is what I call the watcher paradigm, and that is in the Bible that you know, in it's rough form, it's the notion that and you can see this in Deuteronomy thirty two, verses eight through ten in its basic form that basically, at the Tower of Babble, when man had worshiped himself and and gods other than Yahweh, they built the tower and right, and they try to deify themselves. And then God split that split the languages right, and he he spread the nations out onto the earth. And Genesis, you know ten talks about like seventy nations basically. But there's something unique that Deuteronomy thirty two talks about. That is, and it's in Psalm eighty two in other places as well, that God places the gentile nations that have you know, the gentiles who do not worship God, he places them under the authority of these heavenly sons of God that are that could that could be called watchers, right, meaning they watch over the nations. And the idea there is that is that over there are spiritual principalities or powers that are over earthly principalities and power. So if you have a city of nation or even a king, there may be a there is a spiritual being of some kind who's got authority over that creature and linked to it, linked to that earthly power in some way, and such that if you have a war going on or a battle going on on earth, there's a battle going on in heaven. Thus we get some of these passages in the Bible that refer to that, but we don't get a lot of detail.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Well, that idea is very fascinating because then God says, but I will be the god over Jacob, and Israel will be my land, you know, the Canaan will be my territory, my nation.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: And so He's going into this world of all these gentile nations who hate him, and He's going to shine his light through his people, right, And so what does that mean? You know, this notion of these spiritual beings, these divine beings that in effect, the Bible calls gods by the word the Hebrew word eloheme right, And what my Bible series, the several series are called. The first one's called Chronicles of the Nepheline, then Chronicles of the Watchers, and Chronicles of the Apocalypse. And I'm currently just released a new book in Chronicles of the Watchers, and all the series deal with the same concept that I just talked about, and Chronicles of the Watchers is sort of like filling in some of the holes some of the stories that I didn't get to when I wrote. Their first series, Chronicles of the Nepheline starts with Noah Primeval, goes to Enoch, primordial Abraham, David, you know, Joshua Caleb. Well, Chronicles of the Watchers was some stories that I didn't get to, And so I've got Moses against the Gods of Egypt, Jezebel Harlot, Queen of Israel. And my most recent novel is called Judah Maccabee, and it's if you know, if your listeners are Christians or Jews, they'll wreckyes, that not as being part of Scripture, but as being part of the Apocrypha. Right, And so that's an interesting controversial statement. But the idea is that I'm retelling these stories. So I'm retelling the story of the Maccabees that is in the in the book of the Apocrypha, or not the book. It's in the the you know, what we call the apocrypha. And you know, there's been heated debate throughout the history of the Church. Is the apocryph of scripture or not. I don't believe it is, but I also agree with the scholarship of you know, the Church from the early Church fathers up and through the Reformation and beyond that all respected the apocrypha, even if they didn't consider them scripture. So they considered, for instance, the Book of Maccabees. There's four books of Maccabees, but two first and Second Maccabees they consider to be a helpful historical instruction and for spiritual and wisdom as well. Right, So you know, it's it's not scripture, but it's connected to scripture because it is still part of the Jewish history that that is not in the Bible. And that's where this becomes very interesting. So I've been telling these stories but about the Bible, but there's a time period between the Old and New Testaments where they call the four hundred years of Silence. What does that mean? Well, that means that God basically stopped talking to Israel through his prophets, no prophets from the end of Malachi around four hundred BC, all the way up until Jesus the Messiah. And during that time period, Well what's that about, right, And you know there's more factors that are part of that, But the main idea there is that around five eighty six PC, when Jews went into exile into Babylon because of their idolatry against Yahweh, God destroyed the Temple and the city of Jerusalem as punishment for Israel's continued idolatry, like an unfaithful wife committing adultery with other gods. So the idea there is that, you know, he said seventy years you'll be in exile, and they did come back after seven years, but and the temple was rebuilt. But the problem is is Daniel then comes along as a profit while they're in the exile, and he says, look, Israel is still not repenting, still worshiping idols. So I'm going to multiply that punishment seventy times seven, so seventy years time seven is four hundred and ninety years. And this from this we get the Daniels, you know, chapter nine, the famous seventy weeks prophecy. But the idea there is is that there's going to be Israel will be under God's condemnation or judgment until Messiah comes. And then Daniel talks about these four kingdoms, you know, repetitiously over and over again, the Babylonians, the four kingdoms through history who will be appressing or ruling over Israel again because of her unfaithfulness to Yahweh. They will be under the yoke of either s slavery or oppression of these foreign nations. And Daniel lists them out as being first the Babylonian Kingdom under Nebuconezer, followed by the Medo Persian Kingdom under Cyrus and others, and then the Greek Kingdom which began with Alexander the Great and that became that split up in four other kingdoms, and then ultimately the ancient Roman Kingdom under which then Messiah would come. And that's what Daniel's all about about, how Israel would be under that oppression until Messiah comes to free them. And I say all that because in the meantime, God stops talking around four hundred b C. And Malachi says, you know, now the next prophet will be Elijah will be returning and to announce the coming of the Lord. And that of course was Jesus, and Elijah, Jesus said, John the Baptist was Elijah. That was spoken of. So but this is fascinating because what's going on in this time period. Well, Israel's still around and things are going on. But God is God is giving a description of the events that are going to occur, some of the events that will occur over these four hundred years. And this is what Daniel talks about, and Daniel specifically at one point, there's a lot of details in Daniel eleven. He goes into extreme detail about the wars of the Greek kingdoms under which this story of the Maccabees occurs. And at that time in the you know, around one hundred you know, the story, my story of Judah MacCabe takes place around one sixty eight PC. That's when it begins. And I'm basically following the first story that's in the books of the Maccabees. And it's a very famous story because it's the origin of Hanukkah. And you know, this is a feast that actually is not commanded in the Bible, but historically Jews had had celebrated it. Why because it was one key moment in the history of Israel that was relevant to God. Because it was a time where the Temple would be taken over by a godless, you know, gentile king and and ultimately the Jews would would overthrow that king at least kick him out of Israel and restore and cleanse the temple back to holy worship. And that, of course is very critical because the temple is the center and focus of the Old Testament religion. I like to say it's the incarnation of Old Testament Covenant because it's there in which all the atonement is made, the high priesthood, the sacrifices, the whole system of cleanliness and such that God covenants with Israel is embodied in that temple. So, yeah, exactly, the.
Speaker 1: Whole symbology of Eden, the holiest of holies, behind the veil and the Cherubim. Yeah, there was a lot of symbology there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, so you know, there's a lot of this stuff going on, and it's it's a fascinating time period that that this story of the Maccabees is basically the story of how so the Maccabees is a term that came to refer to those Jews who rose up in revolt. And here's the rough storyline is that there in this time period around one six s apc. The Greek Kingdom, which is the current sort of dominant kingdom right before Rome, Rome is on the rise and Rome is a republic, is growing in power and the Greek Kingdom is starting to wane. But and it's split up into multiple regions, right, and the two dominant ones are Selucia or the Seleucid Kingdom, which controls a lot of Syria, control Syria and ancient Mesopotamia, right and some of that, and and then the Levant, which is where Israel is. And then below it was the Ptolemys who wrote ruled Egypt and and both of them were Greek kingdoms who were ruling over foreign foreign you know, people's right. And so in the middle was Israel. And they're the ones who get back batter back and forth because the Seleucids and the Ptolemys were both for like a hundred years. They were battling for control of the region. And they're both Greek kingdoms, right, so that marks that Greek kingdom that Daniel was talking about. But then in the in the middle of the storyline and Daniel eleven and other places as well, Daniel a, there's this focus on this crucial event that's called the the the what what what is he called the there's a despicable one or a abominable one or something like that. There's a there's a phrase in Daniel eleven where there's this special king that rises up and that is the king of the Seleucid kingdom in this day, day and age, and his name is Antiochus Epiphanes and Tikas the fourth specifically, but in tayk it's Epiphanes is the Seleucid king. And what happens is is that he's battling it out with Egypt, and he goes down to Egypt and he's about to invade and take him over because they've been battling. This is the end of this one hundred years of wars between the Ptolemies and the sluicids and he's had enough, you know, He's like, Okay, it's time we wipe them out. Well, unfortunately, Rome steps in and says, no, you're not going to because if you do, you're you know, Egypt was our is the Roman source of a lot of their grain and food. And they're like, you're not going to do this, so go back home. So he obediently does because he doesn't want to. He doesn't want to fight Rome and Egypt at the same time, and he realizes he doesn't have the power. But in the meantime, on the way back, he has to go through Israel to get back to Syria, which is where his kingdom is. You know, his capital of his kingdom is actually in Antioch, and which of course historically that becomes a very famous city as well. But in the meantime he hears about the Jews are revolting in Jerusalem, and he gets ticked off because he thinks, like, these Jews have had it so good and now they're vaulting against me. But what he didn't realize was that they were actually engaged in a civil war. There are two high priests who were battling over control of the nation because at that time there's no king because they have to submit to the Kingdom of Seleucia. But but the High Priest had become the the reigning sort of figurehead of Israel because of that.
Speaker 1: And there are two and Sadducees, right.
Speaker 2: Ultimately the Pharisees.
Speaker 1: Conservative liberals.
Speaker 2: Yes, well they came out of this. They came out of this. They didn't they didn't exist yet, but they would come out of this this storyline, right, And so there you know, there's two priests, Menilaeus who is the current High priest and Jason, who was the previous High priest. Menilaius had usurped him by bribing the king and basically winning the high priesthood. Well, anyway, when King and besieges Jerusalem, you know, Menelais welcomes in with open arms because he's already on his side, and Jason flees because he's just a gorilla army. But what happens is the king is so is so angered at the Jews that he decides to to force them to give up their special, unique, unique religious covenant. For instance, you can't get you cannot get circumcised. You know, you cannot eat your special foods and stuff. You have to eat, all the normal foods, you have to sacrifice to Zeus, right, And what happens is that this is a real violation of the Jewish covenant with God. Right. But more importantly, or not more importantly, but importantly, he also sets up an image of Zeus in the Holy Temple, and he forces Jews to sacrifice pigs and you know, eat pig meat and all this kind of stuff, which is just the ultimate violation. Well, this is what the Book of Daniel refers to and talks about in chapter eight and chapter eleven, the abomination of desolation. What that word means is it's an image of a false God who that whose image is abominable to Yahweh. But also it creates desolation, spiritual desolation. Imagine like a desert. Imagine. Desolation means God's withdrawing because he won't be in the presence of idols, right, that makes sense, And so abomination of desolation and the King sets that up. And what happens is some of the Jews accept it. Why because the whole world at that time, the whole you know, near eastern world, had become Hellenized thanks to Alexander the Greek in like three hundred BC. He had conquered the known world and everyone was forced to speak Greek and everyone was, you know, basically encouraged to adopt Greek culture. And that's called Hellenization, right. Well, the Jews were allowed to well they had to speak Greek, and they had built some Greek gymnasiums and stuff like that. But they were allowed their special dispensation to.
Speaker 1: You know, to to.
Speaker 2: Continue their own special you know, rules and regulations. Well, now that that's caput, and he says, basically, you have to become Hellenized like everyone else and start worshiping y Awe or hiahwe start worshiping Zeus and and you know, eat pork, eat all these bad meats. You're not supposed to eat.
Speaker 1: Rights from this co mingling, right.
Speaker 2: Well, they know they were in the middle of it. They were in the middle of it because Sa Mario already did exist and they had their own temple by this time as well. But but what happens is the Jews who refuse, a lot of them get martyred. And the Books of the Maccabees describes this these this martyrdom particularly it focuses in on a woman and her seven sons, and it described his gruesome tortures that they went through because they would not renounce their faith or eat pork. It was sort of like, you know, the symbol was boiled down to one image. Just eat this pork and I'll let you go. But if you don't, aren't going to torch you and kill you, right, And so it's a very famous passages in all the books, and the Maccabees they describe them in different ways. But that martyrdom then becomes the inspiration for other Jews to rise up in revolt against the king. And they begin led by a man named Mattathiah Mattathias and his force of five sons, and Mattithiah one of those sons. His name is Judas the Maccabeus. That's the Greek version, but the Hebrew version of his name would be Judah Maccabee. And for lack of you know, for lack of better more precise detail, the Maccabee is like a nickname that means the hammer, like the hammer of God, right, because he became a gorilla lee. But so Mattifi and his sons and some other men in their village rise up because they're a priestly family, a priesthood family, and they rise up and they kill a bunch of Greek soldiers who are trying to force them to sacrifice the Zeus. Well, that means they're going to be wanted men. So they escape into the wilderness and they become a small gorilla army, and ultimately Matifia dies and Judah, his son, ends up one of his five sons, ends up leading that gorilla army, and he is the one who ends up attacking the Greek forces in guerrilla warfare until they build a larger army to the point where in three years they get ten over ten thousand men in their army. Right, and then that's where they get enough numbers to be more than a gorilla fight, but they could actually go to Jerusalem, win it back, kick the Greeks out, and they cleanse the temple and return it back to its holiness, right, you know, get rid of the abomination of desolation, et cetera. And that's where the story of Hanuk comes from, because the rededication of the holiness of the temple is that is that festival of what it's all about. And so that's the story that's the first story in the Maccabees, and there were other wars that continued on after that. But that's the story I'm retelling in in this new novel set called Judah Maccabee Parts one and two. There's two two novels actually, and so yeah, so that's that's the sort of the big story. But the other component is that spiritual warfare element that's unique in all of my stories that I bring in this notion of these these spiritual powers over the nations, and you know, rooted in the Biblical concept of these these watchers who are appointed allotted these gentile nations, and they're not good guys. They're they're these they're watchers are bad guys, and they're fallen angels basically. So but what happens is, you know, remember how I said that the whatever happens on earth, that happens in heaven. So all the historical events have corresponding spiritual warfare components going on. So, for example, when the king of Greece, now, who are the gods of Greece? The one thing I didn't mention was my premise here is that what if the gods of the ancient world, like Zeus and Greece and raw and Horace in Egypt and Bale and Canaan. What if those gods were actually expressions of actual demonic beings who existed, and they were masquerading as these gods and the nations because they were these fallen watchers who were authorities over the nations. So there's that, maybe not a one to one correspondence, but certainly the idea of these gods that the nations are worshiping are actually these fallen angels. And that's the premise of my storyline. So when the Greek king who has Zeus and Hera and Apollo, when he goes and invades Egypt, you've got the king down in Egypt and the gods down there are Horus, right isis you know sec met all these you know set all these these gods. Well there there's also a confrontation between those gods because there's a confrontation in Earth. So I have storylines that are similar, but of course within them, I also make, you know, have like an it's it's sort of like imagine game, yeah, but imagine like mafia gangs at war with one another. Yeah, they're all against the cops, they're all against yahweh. But they're also jockeying for power and fighting amongst themselves, trying to become the boss.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: And so when when you know, the Greek king overthrows Syria and sets up and overthrows Canaan, well, the gods of Canaan, like Baal and Astra, they have to now submit to those Greek gods because that nation is now over the other nations. So their authorities are over those authorities, if that makes sense. You know, sometimes they may imprison them, sometimes they may make them their slaves or whatever. But the idea there is that I'm building an interesting storyline, and at the same time, I'm sort of trying to incorporate a lot of the ancient mythology, the Greek mythology for the Greeks, the Egyptian mythology for the Egyptians, into the story of those gods and goddesses and basically the fallen angels in a way that will sort of educate people on their worldview of that day. It's not just a made up story, but it's based on their ancient mythology. So that's how I work together all these things into this one massive storyline that we call judahmaccabee.
Speaker 1: Tell you, guys, it's no secret that every single day your dollar loses its value. A man invested one thousand dollars in silver in the sixties. Today, that same one thousand dollars would have magically turned into almost thirty thousand dollars silver and gold only continues to increase in value. You if you have a four to oh one k or money setting in savings that is just a number in a computer system that is one MP or hack away from being deleted forever. I recently teamed up with Cornerstone Assets and Metals and started investing in gold and silver myself, and I highly encourage the listeners. If you have money in savings just sitting there, invest it in hard tangible assets. The same thing with your four to one k's take a twenty to thirty percent cut of that four to oh one k that number in a computer system and invest into hard tangible assets that has proven to only increase in value. Be sure to check out the link in the description or the number on the screen, and be sure to tell them that Doc Brown from remedias Land sent you torch is High. Guys. Are you a hunter, a hiker? Or just an outdoor enthusiast. Well, if you are, you know that good quality gear is hard to come by. And find an all American maid it's like finding Bigfoot in the woods. Hence the name of Squatch Survival Gear. Head on over to Squatch Survival gear dot com. Use the code p l P ten ten percent off story wide. Yeah, I mean, and that's very biblically based. You know, for some people that are not well versed and hear that can kind of recoil or turn their nose up. You know, look at the story of the condemnation of the King of Tire. I mean, all of us are universal in our thought that all of a sudden it changes. He's no longer talking to this king. He's talking to this spiritual entity behind the king, because you know, it says, you know, you were perfect in all your ways until iniquity was found and you you were anointed guardian Cherub in the garden amongst the stones, the fire you walked. I mean, yeah, clearly it's not talking to this this king anymore. It's talking to the entity behind him pulling the strings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a lot there's a lot of passages that you know, infer or you know, imply this this concept, and some of them are more explicit than others. So yeah, this, this is this is a notion that of course Michael Heiser is the evangelical theologian who is sort of I think opened the open the doorway for a lot of us to to be able to walk through and explore in a way that hadn't been done before. And sadly he's he's passed away. But but yeah, I think it is a view that a lot of evangelical Christians at first of a very hard time with because it sounds almost polytheistic, right, Yeah, and that's not what we're saying, because it's Biblical Monotheism is not polytheism. But the Bible does talk about these fallen angels, and we're using the term elohem or God's right. So the way you can understand it is, Okay, they're not God's like yahweh is God. They're more like fallen angels or heavenly authorities that God creates and a points, but they're falling, right, and.
Speaker 1: So there's God.
Speaker 2: Sure, that's a way that that you can you can see it masquerading as the gods of the nations.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: So, but I mean, I'm encouraged that I think a lot of Christians now get this and they understand it, and it's not offensive to them, and they're able to enjoy it, and you know, actually see the Bible in a fresh way because while I am writing some fiction, I'm incorporating some fiction in between the lines. I'm starting to trying to stay true to the history and to the biblical facts of these stories, because my goal is is to stay true to that and to just expand it or open up kind of like what they call midrash. You know, this is what the Jews used to do and even what what the Apostles did did in the New Time Testament, where you know, you're retelling the Bible stories. You're not claiming to be scripture, but you're just retelling them and sort of making them more understandable to your modern audience, if that makes sense.
Speaker 1: And if I'm not mistaken too, like the earliest prince of the Bible, and even like the Catholic prince had the first and second Maccabees, right.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, so that's an interesting in my research that I did. It was fascinating because I started to look into the Apocrypha, and there's a very interesting history and it connects up to the Septuagint, which is the Greek translation of the Old Testament, and nowadays though the septuagen includes the New Testament as well. But I'll explain that in a second. But that was a really fascinating thing and it's relevant to my storyline because Okay, so the Apocrypha is a series of books such as the first and second Maccabees and third and fourth MacCabe These Tobit Judith, some of you may have heard of these, you know, second borok Ecclesiasticus, Wisdom of Solomon, And there's varying of these these books and some additional additions to Daniel, and they were they were, They've been around for a long time, and they are included in the Greek what we call the Greek Septuagen, and the Greek septuagen is the Greek translations the Old Testament, so they're included in that, and that's why many many Christians do accept them as scripture. Roman Catholics do, or what they call deutero canonical, which is sort of like secondary canon, not necessarily primary canon, but wholly in some way, and Eastern Orthodox also accepts it, but Protestants don't. And and and that's okay. I'm a Protestant, so it's like, you know, that's fine. But what's interesting is that what we think of as the Septuagint isn't what it originally was. What we know of as a septuagint now is what we call codexes, and they have a few ancient codexes. There's three main ones of full codexes of the septuagen the Greek translation, and the septuagent basically means seventy and it's it's a reference to the fact that the origin of the scriptures translated into Greek happened around two hundred and eighty BC or so. And what it was was the Greek king Ptolemy Ptolemy Philadelphus wanted, you know, he's building this Alexandria Library, which became the world renowned library, and he wanted to get the scriptures in there as well in bud in Greek because everyone spoke Greek, right, and so he allegedly you know, called in seventy two actually seventy two Jewish scholars, twelve from each tribe of Israel, right or was that six from what would that be? Yeah, six from every each tribe of Israel, something like that, and and so and they were to translate the scriptures for him. And there's some legends that are connected to that that, but that's the basic storyline. And what's so fascinating about that is it was only the Torah at first, and then over the next hundred years they would add the you know, the the prophets and the writings who you know, who are the other parts of what they considered to be the scriptures in that day. But what's interesting about that is that is a fascinating providential thing because imagine, the Hebrews are the small little people whose language is obscure, nobody knows Hebrew, right, and their scriptures are in Hebrew. How can the rest of the world know the truth of God, the word of God because they don't speak the language. But by God's providence, you know, he uses the you know, Alexander the Gray conquers the kingdom, and God uses that evil for good by making everyone speak Greek. That allows the translation of the Old Testament scriptures into Greek that then make it available to the whole world, because now the whole world can read the Bible, right, and that is a fascinating, exciting, providential miracle.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: But this has done like two ADBC, right, So this is a long long time ago. And what's interesting is the Apocrypha were not part of that. So at some point in the line, the apocrypha were included by some people, but the Jews never included any of the apocrypha in their canon lists, even up to the point where even Josephus, who was a famous first century Jew scholar, he did not include them as well. They had the the Torah, the prophets, and the writings, and that did not include the Apocrapha. It was later when the Christians were gathering together the By the way, this is the other thing is you know, the Old Testament, remember, was in individual scrolls. Their books were individual scrolls. They weren't in books. It wasn't in one book, right, And so they had canonists and references and scrolls that they would read, but it wasn't in a single book. But when they first started putting the first ones, first people it started really putting the scriptures into one book. Were the Christians like in the first century and after, and they were the ones that started to include what they believed. The Apocrypha was a part of that. I don't think it's scripture. And part of the reason is that, you know, if you look at the Apostles and Jesus in the New Testament, when they quote the Old Testament, almost eighty percent of the time they're quoting from the Greek septuagent Greek translation of the Old Testament. And this is very interesting because it's not the Hebrew that they're quoting from. Their quoting from the Greek, but they never quote from the Apocrypha, and the like I said, there was no there was no single volume that included the Apocrypha anyway, right, and the Jews never included them in their canon lists. So it's not until later that the Christians start adding those, right. So that's kind of the fascinating history of the Greek scriptures. But it also gets into another interesting contrast with the Masoretic Text, which is the Hebrew translation, but that comes later than the Greek and there's a whole issue there that you know that takes me off topic, but nonetheless, my story takes place in that time period where so you know, like one hundred years later after the Greek Subtuagint was translated, So now we also probably have the rest of the Bible translated. And the Maccabees that's their day, that's their day in period, and it's the Maccabees that that you know, become a sort of a rallying call for Jews to stand up for themselves and such. But also the martyrs of the Maccabees became an inspiration for the first century Christians when they were being martyred, they looked to the Macabeans because the martyrs at least, right, So that's an interesting but yeah, it's a fascinating journey that I would recommend anyone look into because it tells you a little bit about the Bible and the textual transmission of the Bible, things that Christians don't like to get into or get too deep in. Sometimes it's too academic for them. But it really affects our spirituality. Like I said, you know, we wouldn't you know, the Gospel wouldn't be able to go to all the world if they didn't have the scriptures in Greek in that day, right, So that's something that's very relevant to our faith. And the history of our faith.
Speaker 1: Well, now I could be wrong, but like now, is first Enoch is that considered an apocryphal?
Speaker 2: No, the Books of Enoch, there's four of them, but only the first, Only the first one is is considered the most sort of authentic or the other ones are later much later, even after Christianity and stuff. But the first thing neck is the one that was probably written in you know, actually probably around the time of the Maccabees actually, because it also was a reflection of the struggles that were the spiritual struggles that they were going on there with that, but that's called the sudopigraph So that's part of other texts that are you know, sudipigrapha means false writings, which you know because there they have the names of authors like not, but they weren't really that author wasn't really didn't right. But that's that's not like they're lying to you. It's like that's the way they wrote a lot of their literature in that day.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: But another fascinating thing about that is you you mentioned the phariseason s this story of the Maccabees, the Holy Jews that rose up and fought against the Greek King Antichus epiphanies, they were called the Hasidim. But out of this victory that they had, they started having their own inner civil wars, so to speak, right, and and inner battles spiritual wars because and this isn't in my story, but this results from this. They you know, the Pharisees believe in the resurrection and angels. As an example, the New Testament tells us that, right, the Sadducees do not. And the Sadducees were considered more just the scriptures, you know, they didn't and Pharisees tended to add more things onto it and stuff. But also the Essenes come out of this time period, and the Essenes were those who ended up being the Dead Sea Scroll sect in Kumran during the first century that Josephus writes about. So but what happened was these various sects started battling for control, and that's where the splits started to occur. And you've got Sadducees and Pharisees, and ultimately, you know, in the days of Christ, the Sadducees were actually more powerful. They were considered more the establishment than the Pharisees were. But they come out of this time period of the Maccabees. Again, this is a time period that's very crucial and its effect on the history of Jews and ultimately Christianity. Another component of that is I mentioned the high priests. Well, this is another element of God is really this is a time period God's not speaking to Israel. Also, you have to remember that Ezekiel in the exile, you know, on five a six pc he sees a vision of God's Spirit leaving the temple and it never returns. And then the other few prophets left end up talking about Yahweh will return to Zion, you know, when Messiah comes, and so when Jesus enters Jerusalem, that is Yawe returning to Zion and his Holy Spirit coming back to the city of Jerusalem, to the Temple, so to speak. But then we know Jesus, you know, replaces the Temple and such. But what I was to us? So uh, this there's this division that ends up between the Parsees and the Saducees. And if you look at the two books of Maccabees, first and Second Maccabees, First Maccabees telling the story of the Maccabees and the Wars has no reference to angels or resurrection, and second Macbees does have some stories of angels and resurrection. When the martyrs are being martyred, they replied to the king, O, King, go ahead and kill my body, for God will give it back to me in the resurrection. And you know, you have to understand the resurrection wasn't spoken of much in the Old Testament, actual bodily resurrection of people, but in the Intertestamental time period that it becomes very important. But what's interesting is that becomes the division between Pharisees and Sadducees, which is why some scholars will say that first Maccabees without resurrection, without angels, was probably written by a proto Sadducean, and second mech he was written by a proto Pharisee because of their unique theology. And that's another fascinating, you know story in none of Himself as well. So like I said, yeah, this so God's spirit is not there. He's withdrawn his relationally from Israel. But one of the points of my story is like the Book of Esther where you know, you note see in the name of God anywhere. Now Christians get it, Oh yeah, that's because part of the point is is that even though it seems like God's not there, he is behind the scenes orchestrating everything. And that's what I think is going on as well in my backup best story. The God's relationally withdrawn, his spirit's not in the temple, and the high priesthood is is under condemnation from God because from this point on, the high priest is never anymore in the line of Zadoc, and Zadac was in was an ironic priesthood that the high priest would would come from, and Menelaus this time period was not and so he was an abomination to most Jews. But from that time on there was never another Zatekite priest until Jesus comes, until Jesus arrives as Messiah at least, right, And so that's another component where this you know, the whole you know, the whole world, the whole cosmos in a way of Judaism, is completely messed up. But God is still at work behind the scenes and he is orchestrating at all. The temple does get cleansed like Daniel prophesied, right, and then ultimately you know, Messiah would come and bring in that that ultimate restoration that they were looking for, but that would even then be another one hundred and sixty years from from then. But that's that that's sort of the journey that that is included in my story. So I tried, I try to explain a lot of this stuff, but in an entertaining context. I don't want to get bored and I don't want to be lecturing to people. My goal is to communicate big, local truth, but it's got to be in a very entertaining story. So my Judah maccabee story is kind of like Braveheart. If you love Brave Heart, it's got a very similar storyline. It just so happened that it was very similar in the original, you know, in the actual historical events. And so Judah mccabee is kind of like a William Wallace and Brave Heart, and there's romance and I've got the spiritual warfare going on there. So it's you know, and battles, you know, just in a very interesting way. And so you're gonna learn a lot about the time period, about the biblical background and historical background, but it won't be these lectures and stuff. It's it's it's contained within the entertainment of a great rip roaring yarn of action adventure, because that's what I really love, so hopefully people will see that.
Speaker 1: Well with your main character, now, was see someone that was actually mentioned in the biblical text or was this something that you had to come up with or did you find any of this inner weave and narrative that you got to add to or was this just something you had to create?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I tried my best to follow the actual story from the texts as close as possible, and then I fill in with fictional stuff. So you know, I do add my fictional stuff, but I don't make it contradict what we do know, if that makes sense. And so Judah Maccabee in the Book of the Maccabees, he's called Judas Maccabeist, but that's the Greek. It's don't forget it's it's written in Greek so and translating in English. But in actuality, as a Jew, he would probably be referred to as Judah Maccabee. But yeah, I know he's definitely in there. And interestingly, we don't the text doesn't tell us anything about his life before the revolt. It just starts with the revolt. And then talking about Judah maccabee. So there's not a lot about him. But whatever fiction that I do come up with, it's fiction that tries to be based on what we do know about him, and that would connect dots, connect links in a way that would be consistent.
Speaker 1: Well, is there a love story? I don't you give, Well, but.
Speaker 2: You always got to have love stories. And by the way, that's one element that is fictional, because you know, you got to realize these these are very patriarchal stories, so they're very male focused. There's not a lot of reference to women. Sadly, you know, there are some wives references, but nothing is said about Judah MacCabe having a wife or anything, or his brothers. But they they clearly would have, but we don't really know. Therefore, for me to add a wife becomes fictional but certainly not inconsistent with what could have been right. And so I definitely have a whole couple, a couple of different love stories, and throughout the whole there's a main love story in each novel, because I always have that. Definitely.
Speaker 1: Now, uh far as like the history with this, Now I could be wrong, but well, this like they were battling going back and forth, and they actually ended up getting pushed back to this king's like retreat somewhere like on like a mountain top. It was like a last stand fortress or something like that.
Speaker 2: Oh you might be thinking of Masada, Yeah, but that no, that was that happens in the first century. This what this story is is, you know, the basic story of the Jews refusing to worship Greek gods, being martyred for it, then revolting and battling with Greece until they finally captured Jerusalem and kick the Greeks out of Jerusalem and cleanse the temple. That's what this story. That's what this story really focuses on. And you know, like I said, they're in the books of the Maccabe's, there are stories that go beyond that because it wasn't all over yet. You know, there was still some things that had to be done and and like I said, battles within within between the Jews as well for control and stuff. But you know, you can only tell one story at a time.
Speaker 1: So oh yeah, exactly, well, how long was this project? I know sometimes some of them are longer than others.
Speaker 2: Was this.
Speaker 1: A long and ongoing process or was this just something that hits you and you pounded it out in a couple of months.
Speaker 2: No, No, I take about a year to write each of my books. But one of the things that I do is I write, I actually write two books. I write the novel, and then I always try to include a book of the research, historical and biblical research behind the novel for those Christians who want to learn that, because a lot of times they want to go, what's the what's the real stuff and what's fiction? So I can, you know, separate the two if I need to, and they're just curious and I appreciate that. So I wrote a book called The Spiritual World of Ancient Israel and Greece, and you know, it's like one hundred and fifty pages or something, and it basically describes a lot of that because I found that a lot of Christians have really loved that, and so and I love providing the research. But it's in a separate book so you don't have to get it. But one of the things I do is I do have an appendix in the second novel because I mentioned this abomination of desolation and I know that that's a big prophecy thing right. And I know a lot of people have a lot of beliefs about prophecies like the abomination of desolation and what does that mean? And isn't didn Jesus say there was one in his future?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: He did. So you know what I did was I added an appendix at the end of the second novel where I just take one hundred pages or so to explain what the abomination was in the Bible and roughly, just so you can, you know, your listeners can get a rough handle on this. There's different ways that people interpret it. But my argument is that there are two different abominations of desolation that are prophesied in Daniel. One of them occurs in Daniel eight and eleven, and the other one occurs in Dania nine and twelve, and Dale eight and eleven is the one that talks about, you know, and scholars have pretty much acknowledged this that it's talking about Antike's epiphanies and his image that he's set up of Zeus in the temple. That's the abomination of desolation that already happened in history. But then there's another one, and it's a different one, and that's the one Jesus is talking about, because that's the one where that occurs in Daniel nine where we read about, you know, the one who brings abominations and desolation on Jerusalem will not only does he pollute the temple, but he destroys it, the temple and the city. And that's something that Antiochs Epiphanies did not do. And so the first abomination of desolation only included desolation, not destruction. The second one, which is when Jesus is talking about, brings about the destruction of the city and the temple, and that of course occurred in AD seventy that Jesus talked about when in Matthew twenty four the temple will be destroyed and such. So there's a I explained how that all works and how we are to understand that future tense in the past tense. And you know, it's always controversial, so I try to be give as strong of a biblical argument as possible, so so people can be rooted in their understanding.
Speaker 1: Yeah, eschatology, that is definitely a muddy water, you know, when you and some people get into I love how Doug van Dorn I've heard him talk about it with the I think he uses the word chiasm. Yeah, you know how everything just kind of rolls into each other, like you know, gear wheels and cycles repeat and prophecy repeats, and it's a bunch of as Mike used to always say, already but not yet, see that a lot. Well are you what are you working on now? You got any kind of other projects that you're working on? Are you just kind of relaxing right now?
Speaker 2: No, I've already worked on the next one. I can't say yet, but it's going to be my penultimate. It's going to be huge, it's gonna be awesome. It's gonna bring everything together in a cool way, so people will love it absolutely. So maybe in another five months or so, I'll start talking about it.
Speaker 1: Okay, So it's no no teasers.
Speaker 2: Huh No, I'm on.
Speaker 1: Brian three years. Brother, can't give me a little line here, my listener is just a little thin line here. Come on, man, Well, I'll give you a hint.
Speaker 2: There's uh, there's a reference to it in my story Juda mccabee. There's a reference to the story in which I'm going to be telling next.
Speaker 1: So there you go, guys, get the book and there's your breadcrumb trail. Well, Brian brother a man, thank you for coming on and let us know about your book. And you're always putting out great content and great work. It's always well researched, you well thought of. I've got two of your reference books and just went through those. Those were awesome to come through, so well researched, well referenced guys. So if you've not checked out Brian stuff, you definitely want to let everybody know where they can find your stuff. Brian.
Speaker 2: Sure. All my books are exclusively at Amazon, and everything is in either e book or paperback or hardcover or audiobook, any of those formats you can get them in as well as large print. I keep forgetting to tell people that they're also all available in large print. So yeah, exclusively at Amazon. You know, if you want to look about me, find out more about me. Most of the information is on Amazon, but you can also go to Gadawa dot com. That's my website and I have all my information on my books there. Another cool thing I did is I give a lot of the articles of research behind what I'm doing on my website for free. But I also cast all my novels, so I use AI to create character pictures of all my novels, of characters in all my novels, and that's all free on my website. You just find the book and then find the cast of characters for each book and you can look at it and they're really cool and a lot of people loved them. So that's one little easter egg. I guess that's on the website. That's not on Amazon, although you can actually buy the book of the characters on Amazon because they did take all the characters from all the novels put them into one book. So if you're if you're reading it in my chronicles, you can buy one or two of the books and have all the characters and follow along as you read the novel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's pretty awesome. Mary. When you've first done that, you were plugging them and putting it on social media and stuff, and that was when AI was really starting to surge and everybody's starting to play with that stuff. You was putting all those characters out. That was pretty cool, man.
Speaker 2: It was fantastic. Yeah, yeah, great artist Cam Harlest was doing a lot of it for me. It's good.
Speaker 1: And graphic novels. That's a big thing right now. I know. Actually a couple of people that's doing just like comic books of like David and Goliath and the Five Stones and doing all that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's a lot, it's a lot of work to illustrate a graphic novel. They're great. I'd love to do it, but it's you got to get an l stra or who's willing to put in all that time and and it's hard to get which is why a lot of graphic artists, graphic novelists do their own novels because no one else is willing to put in that time and no one can afford to pay them. So but it's a great it's a great opportunity.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I'm just waiting for the day to for somebody to do a Game of Thrones or something like that with some of these stories.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I know a lot of us New Circle talk about it. But if we could get a good director and throw in some crowdfunding behind it, I mean, look at Chosen and just do a whole Michael, Well, you know Worldview series.
Speaker 2: I like to think that my series is a kind of a biblical Game of Thrones. Now, I do not claim to be as good a writer as George Martin, definitely not. But but it's got that same vibe to it, you know. And uh, but but the difference is is mine is redemptive. There's a lot of you know, there's violence, just like the Bible. Bible has violence and sin, but there's also redemption and God's glory and God's magic comes through at the end, which is sadly something that you know. Of course, Game of Thrones does not have those novels. They're very dark. Yeah, yeah, darkness without redemption is just nihilism. But mine has dark a dark world with a light of redemption in the in the middle of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I suffered through that Game of Thrones and it sucked me in and made it to the end and captured the Iron Throne just to be stabbed in the back and killed. And I'm just like, man, this is just awful. We'll letdown man.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Spoiler alert If you guys ain't watched that, I apologize too late now, huh Well, Brian, thank you brother. I appreciate your time, and be sure to go to his website, go to Amazon and check out his stuff, and you will not regret it, and you will be thoroughly entertained, and you'll be left with a light at the end of the tunnel. It's not all darkness with Brian, as he just said.
Speaker 2: And then all.
Speaker 1: Right, well guys, hey, you be sure to check that out. I appreciate you tuning in, and just remember the difference between the Gnome in the unknown is the journey, so good journey, guys. H m hm