Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Coming up in the next hour.
Speaker 1: All those stories about Amazon delivery drivers behaving badly, poopin and the bushes, things like that, well that may be all in the past because Amazon has employed new delivery workers.
Speaker 2: And they don't have those functions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, nothing to see here, No humans, no, no.
Speaker 4: The future is looking very very bleak, and we will be at the mercy of the robot overlords.
Speaker 2: I can't wait.
Speaker 4: Baseball Mariners are in town to take on the Angels later tonight. The Dodgers beat them at six to five, they'll move on to Saint Louis. Five point fifteen, I believe is the first pitch. Are you a fisher person, fisherman, fisher, fisher woman?
Speaker 3: You fish?
Speaker 2: I like to fly fish.
Speaker 1: I haven't done so in a number of years, but it's very peaceful.
Speaker 4: Fishing boats This week wend fanning out up and down the coast for the first time in a couple of years for Chinook Salmon. Coastal Salmon Fishing Band In twenty three and twenty four tried to help the chinook salmon numbers rebound.
Speaker 1: I got my hands on some Copper River salmon, some fresh Copper River salmon yesterday at sprouts.
Speaker 2: Made that last night so good.
Speaker 3: I had salmon last night as well.
Speaker 2: The Copper River. You got to get it.
Speaker 1: It's seasonal, obviously, and the season just began last week, I think, so you got to get out there and get it because it flies off the shelves.
Speaker 4: The First Department of Fishing Wildlife limiting ocean fishing for chinook under quotas and a couple of windows in the summer in the fall. First one opens tomorrow and they're allowing for up to seven thousand salmon to be caught statewide.
Speaker 3: So if you're a fisher person, that's an exciting time.
Speaker 1: Tons and tons and more tons to get to out of Washington.
Speaker 3: I'm a politician. I'm a politician, which means I'm a cheat and a liar. And when I'm not kissing baby, I'm stealing that lollipox.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we got.
Speaker 3: The real problem is that our leaders are done.
Speaker 2: The other side never quit.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 3: I'm not going anywhere. So that how you train the squat, I can imagine what can be and be unburdened by what has been. You know, Murvans have always been going, They're not stupid.
Speaker 4: A political plunder is when a politician actually tells the truth.
Speaker 3: I have the people voting for you were not swamp watch. They're all counter knowing.
Speaker 1: So yesterday I was on Twitter more than I've been on Twitter four years, at least non football news related Twitter, I guess you could say, because I kept waiting for this war to escalate throughout the day, and Elon Musk and Donald Trump took this break up quite public, quite quickly, and I feel like we've kind of plateaued today.
Speaker 2: Not a lot coming out.
Speaker 4: I think there's a lot of hope, whether it's within the White House or Republicans in general, there's a lot of hope that this thing flashed and is over right. I don't think it is, but but that may be the hope. President Trump did say that he's disappointed in this discussion, this ongoing social media salvos that have been going back and forth.
Speaker 3: And I had a great relationship past tense.
Speaker 6: I don't know what will anymore, but I'm very disappointed in Elon.
Speaker 4: I've helped elon a lot, and I'll be honest, I think he misses the place. Dana Bash from CNN spoke with President Trump on the phone today.
Speaker 5: Well, he said that he's quote well, here's exactly what he said. Quote, I'm not even thinking about Elon. He's got a problem. The poor guy's got a problem. He said he won't be speaking to him for a while, but he said he wishes Elon Musk well.
Speaker 4: Again, I don't think it's over, but I do not know how this thing resolves itself.
Speaker 2: One if the winners may be the Moon.
Speaker 1: This is one of the more recent narratives to come out of this fight. The Moon mission may have new life. Of course, Elon Musk, SpaceX founder, well known Mars enthusiast, has argued against returning astronauts to the Moon. But with his forced exit of his ham picked nominee for NASA and his fight between himself and the President, a lot of moonbackers in Congress and in the industry see an opening and they're seizing it. Clayton Swoop is a former Congressional advisor on space and he says Elon was the main reason for the fork in the road for NASA's human exploration plans, and with his exodus, there's a good chance NASA will refocus back to the Moon with the.
Speaker 2: Plan of Moon than Mars.
Speaker 1: Major A number of major space companies are launching ad campaigns to going big on the Moon. This is the first real big pushback to Elon Musk. As we've talked about, or we talked about earlier. SpaceX has had a series of failures recently. So his stepback when it came to naming the new chief of NASA when Trump' said not so fast, I don't want your guy, was a huge blow, maybe a death blow to Elon when it comes to him being the charter of the territory of where we're headed. If you've got another a number of other companies with political capital saying no, we're going to the Moon and maybe the Moon and then Mars.
Speaker 3: When we come back.
Speaker 4: The plastic surgery procedure that's booming in DC right now, and what the pizza economy tells us about the actual economy.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: I drank it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's going to cause some issues, is it? Whatever that was? It said? It literally said the word kale on the side of it.
Speaker 2: It said, don't kale my vibe, which is what you're doing.
Speaker 4: It looked like a choco frappuccino of some kind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know what was in it.
Speaker 3: It had a lot of help know what was in it.
Speaker 2: No, No, you just went ahead and good morning dawn.
Speaker 3: Here in Lake Forest a cat hotel.
Speaker 6: Aren't cats kind of so sufficient? You know?
Speaker 3: Just get some food and water out. Yeah, they'll just roam around take care of themselves. Yeah, No, sounds fancy. Now you guys go on to me.
Speaker 2: It sounds that's of course fancy.
Speaker 3: You go on get now, you guys, go on get thank you, Uh, don't don't forget.
Speaker 4: Today is Friday, which means what you learned this week on the Gary and Shannon Show is coming up a little bit later.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 1: It is at the Kato Marmont. You can get a group playing sun room. That's the basic package for fifty dollars per night. Standard bungalow is fifty seven per night. A private bungalow with a balcony for your cat is sixty seven per night, and then VK bungalow is seventy seven dollars per night.
Speaker 2: The ik I don't get.
Speaker 1: It very important kitty, oh kitty as opposed to cat so.
Speaker 4: Doctor Tina Alster is a dermatologist treats high powered patients at a practice in Washington, DC, right there on K Street, and said in the last couple of years, the portion of her male clients who come in seeking well defined jaw lines has more than doubled, from about twenty percent to fifty percent. Strong chins and jaws, she said, have driven It's funny in men.
Speaker 1: It's funny because in Washington right now you've got Trump leading Washington and a country who has a very weak jaw. The whole family does very weak chin. So it's interesting that that's going on in Washington. You know, you've got like the Chuck Connor's jaw. Now I can't I'm suck Connors.
Speaker 4: How about Rick Perry is actually one that was pointed out several years ago as somebody who had a good, strong box like jaw. The a doctor, I should say at the time wrote in twenty twelve, the governor that is Rick Perry is blessed to have it naturally, but numerous type of jaw implants are available for those men who are not so fortunate.
Speaker 3: And I guess a.
Speaker 4: Lot of people, a lot of people suggest that strong chins are the way you're gonna make it.
Speaker 3: In Washington, DC. Now, pizza has been the go to dinner pace.
Speaker 2: You think I should get a stronger jaw?
Speaker 3: No, what's wrong with your face?
Speaker 2: I didn't mean to open it up.
Speaker 3: Well, that was a compliment. I just do know how to say it right.
Speaker 1: Oh that's nice. See what you meant to say was nothing strong with your face?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just said it, but I just massaged it a little bit.
Speaker 4: I have a buttch. And see when you squeezed it together. Everyone has a button.
Speaker 1: Michael Jackson paid to have his chin turned into a butch.
Speaker 3: And yeah, yeah, he paid for a lot of stuff.
Speaker 2: He did, He really did.
Speaker 3: It was unnecessary.
Speaker 4: Pizza has been the go to dinner a lot of times for anybody looking to a feed to family, fast, cheap.
Speaker 2: It's not cheap anymore. As a thing, good pizza.
Speaker 1: He used to be able to get a pizza for five bucks, good good, like Little Caesar's.
Speaker 2: You could get a whole pizza for five bucks.
Speaker 1: And now it's it's insanely expensive to get a pizza. It's kind of like Chinese takeout. Chinese takeout used to be so reasonable. You know, it was a cheap dinner. You can get a bunch of it. Now it's punitively expensive.
Speaker 4: Well, I think Domino's, Papa John's, those are two of the big ones. Pizza Hut was I guess you could say was thankful for COVID. Pizza Hut really sort of got off the schneid. It had been on for a long time in twenty twenty.
Speaker 6: Did it?
Speaker 2: Why was that.
Speaker 3: Just because everybody was ordering pizza di oh?
Speaker 2: I see, yeah, we certainly did. We put down a lot of pizza.
Speaker 4: The chief executive of Young Brands, which owns Pizza Hut, says there were several things, including the value of the taste maker offer. I mean your point, pizza used to be pretty cheap. They were doing a ten dollars large pizza with any three.
Speaker 3: Topics it enbox.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Interesting though, because it looks like those lower income pizza eaters are being priced out of the pizza. Same store sales down at all three pizza chains Dominoes, Papa John's, and Pizza Hut in the first quarter of twenty five five percent. For Pizza Hut two point seven percent of Papa John's down a half a percent at Domino's that Dominoes did have one thing that they celebrated their takeout. Have you ever taken out pizza? It's either delivered or you eat it there.
Speaker 2: Oh I picked it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because Little Caesar specifically used to be Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: We used to also have one where was a not a make your own, but a bake your own pizza, where you'd order it they would make no, is it no, they cook it for you.
Speaker 7: They do.
Speaker 1: One like that when we were growing up Murphy's. Murphy's Pizza so funny.
Speaker 4: My sister worked there and she would always she would bring home pizzas.
Speaker 1: Were great pizzas, but it never felt the same as like a delivery. It did not cook the same never ever. Part of the Murphy's taken bake and part of the.
Speaker 4: Fountlems with pizza yeah, is that there's so many other options specifically as well for takeout options.
Speaker 3: Plus you've got grub Hub.
Speaker 2: Can that turn into Papa Murphy's.
Speaker 3: I don't think so. I think those were two sepsk.
Speaker 4: The average price of a large pizza at the top five chains is eighteen dollars. That overall check jump nearly thirty percent since twenty nineteen. I mean, it all goes to your point that pizza is getting more expensive. Part of it is the problem of the raw materials obviously are getting more expensive. Pizza re is the average meal cost between thirty one and fifty dollars per person. They saw a forty three percent increase in the number of diners in the first three months of twenty twenty five. But the top ten percent of US households now account for half of all consumer spending. That's the highest in the information that goes all the way back to nineteen eighty nine. So how the current pizza trend is, which is again that takeout delivery pizza is down a couple of percentage points. That could potentially have some bad indications for the bigger economy.
Speaker 3: As we go farther into this year.
Speaker 1: I thought that and divorces were most popular in the new year, like people.
Speaker 3: Make it through Monday of Yeah.
Speaker 1: I remember doing a story years ago as a reporter and talking interviewing a defense lawyer who is in Hollywood. He does like high profile divorces, and he'd been around decades and he said, oh, yeah, January's definitely our most popular month because people get through Christmas and they're like, all right, I can't do it anymore. But that's not the case anymore. We'll tell you when divorces tend to spike in the year.
Speaker 3: When we come back, Gary and Shannon will continue.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM. Six forty.
Speaker 4: Republicans have been trying to urge them to settle their very public dispute. The feud between Trump and must probably best described as a as a moving target. The Trump administration is asking the Supreme Court to pause a court order that would reinstate Education Department employees were fired in mass layoffs as part of the plan to dismantle the education Department. The Justice Department's emergency appeal to the Supreme Court said that the district judge in Boston exceeded his authority last month when he usued a preliminary injunction to reverse the layoffs of nearly fourteen hundred people and put the whole the big broad plan on hold for the most part.
Speaker 7: Hey, guys, I used to live up in Sacramento area, and from what I gathered from all the ogs up there, I'm talking about like people my mom's age, Papa Murphy's and Murphy's are the same thing.
Speaker 3: They just went through some sort of name change and had some.
Speaker 7: Lawsuits to do with the Papa whatever down here pizza chain, so they just changed the names or whatever.
Speaker 3: I've not first hand knowledge. It's just I heard this from my aunts and all that stuff up there.
Speaker 6: Get on out.
Speaker 3: Here, I think now you gots go on gone get is the way we're going to say.
Speaker 8: So.
Speaker 4: Papa Murphy's is the combination of two taken bake pizza companies.
Speaker 3: It was Papa Aldo's Pizza.
Speaker 4: I've never heard of Papa and Murphy's pizza, so they combined it and made it Papa Murphy's Pizza because we had a couple of people who said it's not just Murphy's pizza. So there was originally just a Murphy's Pizza taken Bake, but also a Papa Aldo's Pizza taken Bake.
Speaker 1: I think I remember where the Murphy's Taken Bake was in my hometown.
Speaker 4: They traced back to eighty one. Papa Aldo's Pizza chain was founded in Hillsboro, Oregon. In eighty one, Murphy's Pizza began operating in Petaluma, California, in nineteen eighty four.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's funny.
Speaker 4: And then they combined into what now is known as Papa Murphy's in two thousand and three, voted best pizza chain in America by Restaurants and Institutions magazine.
Speaker 1: Well, I think we got to get a Papa Murphy's pizza at some point.
Speaker 2: We don't have to, I mean, just for research. Probably today summer summer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go on, get down, pizza.
Speaker 1: We've got to get you into swimsuit readiness.
Speaker 3: How would we know what that looks like?
Speaker 1: Oh, we know, I think we know, all right, divorces, if you don't look good in that swimsuit, that's that's the next day your wife might cut the cord.
Speaker 2: They say that there is a.
Speaker 1: Pattern emerging that divorce filings hit two peaks per year. One is in late summer and the other is in early spring.
Speaker 2: They interviewed.
Speaker 1: The MPR reporter interviewed a divorced father of two. He is a family law attorney. He has twenty five years in the business, and he says it's a very seasonal business, similar to the rush CPA's face. Coming tax Day in April, his firm has twenty seven offices across nine states, and he's been keeping meticulous records on the influx of new clients for the last decade, and he says every year we see the same thing no matter what state we're looking at. That while January is often referred to as divorce month, like we were talking about.
Speaker 2: It's one of the slowest months of the year for lawyers at his firm.
Speaker 1: That's funny, he said, in December and January, parties just don't tend to initiate divorce and family law proceedings. It's a drop off of fifty percent. Whether they're celebrating Christmas or Honeka or Kwansa, the New year's folks usually put these cases on hold.
Speaker 4: They refer to the domestic ritual calendar that drives when people would file for divorce. Once the holidays pass, there's usually spring break, you got to think about family summer vacations. Once those have tapered off, married couples can act and they'll usually do so. And again I refer to that domestic ritual calendar. One of those domestic rituals is the beginning of the school year every fall. At that guy's firm, he sees a drop of about thirty to fifty percent in divorce filings during the important family bonding times of the year, but that they do spike. University Washington analyze divorce filing information from across that state from twenty one to twenty fifteen and said they consistently peak in the month of March and in the month of August.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 4: The study examined information from all but two of Washington's thirty nine counties.
Speaker 3: I didn't know this.
Speaker 4: You can end a marriage by mail in Washington State for the most part.
Speaker 2: He said that.
Speaker 1: Actually, I'm Julie Brian's is the one who said this. She's a sociology professor, and she said that people tend to face the holidays with rising expectations, despite what disappointments they may have had in years past.
Speaker 3: People are chronically optimistic. Wow.
Speaker 4: They represent periods in the year when there's this anticipation or even the opportunity for a new beginning, a new start, something different, transition into a new period of life. It's like an optimism cycle in a sense, and then they're completely let down and whatever faith they had in their fellow spouse or whatever.
Speaker 1: Are you looking at your spouseroid that I don't even think you're looking necessarily at the spouse.
Speaker 4: You're looking at the bigger picture of life. Oh could be a whole happy family. Oh wow, something like that.
Speaker 2: That sounds exhausting.
Speaker 4: The president of the Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts dismisses the idea that discontented couples hold out on splitting up over sentimental reasons. He says the idea that the divorce is peak in March because it's right after the joint tax returns her filed, or every August because it's the end of summer you just came home from family vacation, is inaccurate. Cara Lee says that the numbers of filings in any given month doesn't indicate much. It's just that many states have specific waiting periods before you can even serve the other party.
Speaker 1: There is a more important pattern, they say that has emerged in recent decades, and it's the average age of people getting divorced.
Speaker 2: Listen to this.
Speaker 1: The only demographic in the US that has seen an increase in divorce rates are those people over the age of fifty. It's doubled since nineteen ninety and it's tripled for people over the age of sixty and the same period gray divorces. Why, well, we're living longer. Sixty is the new forty.
Speaker 5: But I.
Speaker 3: Got a big problem with that.
Speaker 2: What's that?
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know if I'm talking to my wife or not, but is there a pa I don't know. I just don't know what changes in a life between the ages of fifty and sixty or sixty and seventy or whatever. Where you've put in thirty forty good years with somebody and then you get divorce.
Speaker 2: Don't rest on the years you have in the bank.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I no, no, And I'm not saying that that once you hit twenty years stop doing anything. That's not what I'm saying. You have so much invested at that point.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's I think people strikes me as such a selfish move.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because the thing is you're not just yeah, there's a lot of people affected by your decision to do whatever it is you're going to do. I think a lot of people, though, are realizing that, you know, they get to fifty or they get to sixty, and it's not their parents fifty or sixty or their grandparents fifty or sixty, that we are living longer and you do have time for another.
Speaker 4: Act or acts. I'm going to get I'm going to get in trouble for it. For what for saying that that? That's that there's a selfishness to it.
Speaker 2: Why would you get in trouble for that? By whom?
Speaker 4: People are going to say that they got divorced when they were six and they're living a better life, sorting good.
Speaker 2: That's good for them. For you, that's not what you want to do.
Speaker 3: We you know, it's it is funny.
Speaker 4: I don't have a lot of divorce in my family. Like I know they're a couple, but I don't. It wasn't rampant throughout my family or even friends that we had, families that we were friends with. There were never a lot of divorces around. And if there were, they were clearly you know, early on it wasn't, you know, they were very I can't think of anybody I can think of a couple.
Speaker 1: Divorce is also a luxury. A lot of people can't afford to divorce.
Speaker 4: It's funny that you say that because in twenty twenty three, Louisiana saw the fewest divorces zero point nine divorces per one thousand people in Louisiana as where maybe one hundred years ago the rest of the country. You're right, you had to stay together for financial reasons. You had to stay.
Speaker 2: I was reading an article this morning.
Speaker 1: It was an interview with Jamie Lee Curtis, and they asked her what the secret is to her I believe forty one year marriage and she said this, and I thought it was perfect. We just don't leave. We didn't leave. Yeah, there's gonna be times where it's not all sunshine and rainbows. Are you gonna say, I'm get the hell out of here? Or is it too many years of no sunshine and rainbows?
Speaker 3: Or is it worse?
Speaker 1: Is it not no sunshine and rainbows but just thunder and lightning and awful and you've got to get out of there, you know. But for some people, you know, it's like, well, we just didn't leave, We just stuck in it.
Speaker 4: That sounds romantic, Well you know what I mean, Like, well, there are ups and downs.
Speaker 3: It's just a matter of where I mean outside of.
Speaker 4: Obviously the abusive relationships are a different story.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but there are ups and downs, and you've got to figure out where your roller coaster ends.
Speaker 3: You know, how much are you willing to put up with?
Speaker 1: Some people see another roller coaster, you know, they see raging waters when they're at Magic Mountain, and they're like, that looks different.
Speaker 3: That water looks fresh.
Speaker 2: It's not that water is not fresh, it is used.
Speaker 3: That water has scattered dag.
Speaker 1: You don't know what's going on. You know what's going on on your roller coaster.
Speaker 4: Great story when we come back about that kid who works at Burger King. He had to rush over to work a shift at Burger King right after his high school graduation.
Speaker 3: We'll tell you how that guy's doing.
Speaker 2: Water looks fresh.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on Demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 4: Good news in terms of jobs, Hiring slowed less than expected last month. Hiring sucked less than they expected. Latest jobs report from Bureau of Labor Statistics is the economy added one hundred thirty nine thousand jobs in May, above what the estimate was would was going to be one hundred and twenty five thousand.
Speaker 1: I have a question that has been just bubbling under the surface of my little mind for.
Speaker 3: A while about one hundred and seventy pounds.
Speaker 2: How much do you weigh?
Speaker 3: Is that what you've been thinking?
Speaker 1: No, Oh, I am not obsessed with your weight the way you are.
Speaker 3: Go on.
Speaker 1: So, I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but I've noticed a kind of a drop off in writing when it comes to TV shows and movies.
Speaker 2: And is it just me?
Speaker 1: And am I looking for something else? Am I looking for something more? Is it just the things that I'm choosing to watch where the writing just seems a little subpar from what I remember being great writing. It's noticeable to me anyway. Then I see this story today. Artificial intelligence's use in filmmaking is growing, and an annual festival is showcasing what its technology can do on the screen. Today third annual AI Film Festival, organized by Runway, a company that specializes in AI generated video, kicked off in New York this week, ten short films from around the world making their debut. And I'm wondering, is AI already being used to generate scripts and things?
Speaker 2: I mean, only sure?
Speaker 3: How could it not?
Speaker 2: Okay? Well, is that what I'm noticing?
Speaker 1: Because it's almost like the writing that I'm talking about in shows and movies, is it's almost there. It's almost there. I see what they're it's trying to do, but it's not quite there.
Speaker 4: That's the if you're looking at something visual, that's what they refer to as that uncanny valley.
Speaker 3: Like you, you.
Speaker 4: Know it's computer generated, but you don't know why it's computer jed. There's certain things that your brain does that can tell the difference between an artificially generated image and something that a human made. Yeah, and I think there is probably that when it comes to that kind of when it comes to writing like.
Speaker 3: That as well.
Speaker 1: It's most noticeable for me with dialogue back and forth dialogue recently, there probably is something to that.
Speaker 4: Whether it's art AI comes up with the even the I don't know, the skeleton of a script and then humans go through and punch it up.
Speaker 3: Or vice versa.
Speaker 4: You know, you plug in your script for a twenty two minute episode of some sitcom and ask Ai to punch it up for you.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know enough about the industry to know if writers have left, if writers are not as good, if well, and that's if they're not being used as much.
Speaker 4: I have no idea that was One of the big issues for the writer's strike was making sure that they continued to have jobs. Studios would prefer Yeah, let's plug it into an Ai language model and have them spit out a twenty two episode season Yeah, as opposed to pay a room of writers to actually do the work. So Mikhail Baker celebrating high school graduation with his Burger King colleagues went viral because he jumped behind the counter while wearing his graduation cap and gown to lend a hand. Micah the sister said, I don't think he's ever noticed how selfless he is until now. This kid in Georgia won the most selfless person in his high school band just a week before. This video showed him bagging orders while in his graduation gear.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 4: The Burger King that he works at was overwhelmed that day and he showed up just to hang out and celebrate with some of his friends slash coworkers, and realized they could use his help. So he jumps behind the counter wearing his cap and gown.
Speaker 2: I've done this.
Speaker 3: You've worked at Burger King, no, but I.
Speaker 2: There were times when I would stop.
Speaker 1: But the deli that I worked at in high school and college and if they were slammed, I'd jump behind the counter.
Speaker 3: A local mom, would it you? I think so? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean to me, that's that's common sense.
Speaker 4: A local mom sees him wearing his cap and gown behind the counter at Burger King uh and shares his TikTok of him bagging bagging orders while wearing his graduation apparel, and she starts a go fundme page for this kid. The video itself of him working has four million views. A go fundme has raised more than two hundred and four sorry, two hundred and three thousand dollars. He also got a ten thousand dollars check from the Burger King Foundation.
Speaker 1: Are we that broken of a people that this is some like over the top gesture, like we're that bad? That like somebody doing the normal, common sense, decent thing to do is love to the two of three hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Yes, wow, I still want to celebrate that kid. Yeah, I mean he did what your kid?
Speaker 2: Wait, you would do the same Your kids would do the same thing.
Speaker 4: Come on, we were talking about divorces, especially those later in life.
Speaker 8: Hey, guys, for a divorce of older people, I think there are two times when you're going to really see more of a spike once it's probably going to be right around fifty. Once your kids are out of school, out of college, people feel they don't need to stick together anymore because they got their kids through the important part. They're ready to move on with their life, so there's no reason to stick around. And also in the sixties, once you retire, they realized they don't like each other spending that much time together. It was better when one of them are both of them went off to work.
Speaker 3: That's why my wife doesn't want me to retire.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I I think it's going to change things because even just your existence in the house, even if you're like not there.
Speaker 3: You're still there constantly breathing all that stuff.
Speaker 2: You know, and.
Speaker 4: You have to be you have to rework whatever when someone RETI retired. My sister is actually retiring here in a couple of weeks from her job, and I'm curious to see, like, what are you going to do? Like, she's a teacher, so she's five days a week, I mean, nine months out of the year. She knows what she's doing and meetings and confidence she says she's going to do.
Speaker 3: She hasn't said anything. I know she's going to Hawaii for vacation. But other than that, I mean, some.
Speaker 1: People get real cagy around retirement. Not cagy, but not sensitive anxious. They don't want to answer questions about what they're going to do, or when they're going to retire, or what they're going to do. It's one of those things where I just leave it alone.
Speaker 3: It's what it's a question that does not have to be answered. Sure.
Speaker 4: I mean, if you're the person who's retiring and somebody asked me a question and you say, I don't know, it's perfectly acceptable.
Speaker 1: Right, But people don't want to say they don't know, because you know what, there's something in your head. I can imagine when you're retiring where you're like, what the hell am I going to do? Oh, like you have an idea, like I'm gonna do this or I'm gonna do that. But then it's like, but it's a very big milestone in life when, especially if your career I don't want to say defines you, but how does your career if you've done it for forty years.
Speaker 2: Not defining you in a large way? Of course it.
Speaker 3: Does, And I don't know I mean, whatever skills you hate.
Speaker 2: It's it's up there with kids leaving the nest.
Speaker 4: Yeah, in terms of life change. Yeah, whatever skills you have, then how do you find a hobby or whatever to put those to use?
Speaker 2: I see you doing a lot of good working.
Speaker 3: I'd be fine with that.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: I watched an entire episode of Furniture Restoration.
Speaker 2: Y see, I freaking nailed it.
Speaker 3: Garie and Shack get it? Did you? Right after this? You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 4: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.