Speaker 1: Eric.
Speaker 2: As we sit here in Houston at the moment they are set to pick twenty five. There are, you know, reports out there that they could move up. I mean, it's draft a anything can pretty much happen, But is offensive line pretty much where you're set with the Texans wherever they do decide to select tonight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I think that's the position I'm most looking at. I mean, I could could see a receiver, you know, I could obviously see a defensive lineman or some sort, but that seems to be the position I kind of default to when I've done my mocks or when I've sort of projected that range a little bit. And you know, it's going to be interesting to see who's available and how the medical especially reports come back on some of the players, and also.
Speaker 4: You know who's going to be available.
Speaker 3: I mean, I thought maybe Gray's abel would be in that range for him.
Speaker 4: Tyler Booker.
Speaker 3: But you know, the thing that I've sort of figured out in the last forty eight seventy two hours is that teams have such different grades on on a lot of these guys. It's really hard to kind of plant people in the right area. You're trying to get him close, but it's hard to figure out who'll be available. I do think a good lineman will be there for him, though, so it could make the decision relatively easy.
Speaker 1: Hey, Eric, if they want to now with that big guy at that spot at twenty five, interior guy, can you get a Can you get a ten year starter with the twenty fifth pick? At least on the surface here with all the draft mock draft stuff, can you get a good tackle at twenty five that you can pencil in and play? Even though this team it feels like by getting Cam Robinson they're not looking for that yet. But apparently they got to go up and get a young stud because he may not be long for the position.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, you know, you can look at it two ways.
Speaker 3: You might be able to get the media in tiers starter with a guy like Tyler Booker is able, you might be able to get a tackle there.
Speaker 4: I don't you know.
Speaker 3: Kelvin Banks is an interesting player, obviously, grew up about twenty minutes down the road, yep from the Texas facility.
Speaker 4: Local kid.
Speaker 3: You know you handle your business against will and Anderson and your second college game, You've got some chops to you. I'm a little surprised there hasn't been more buzz for him. I think the issue has been guarter tackle teams sort of see it differently.
Speaker 4: I would at least try him out there.
Speaker 3: I think he's an option, especially for a team like that where maybe he's playing a different position next year. You know, you cross trade him at a couple of different spots and sort of see where they fit. I think that would be a, you know, a perfectly fine way to go about it. You know, Jonathan Ogden played left guard for a year if we remember all those years ago. But uh, it can happen, right, and so I would I would think that if that opportunity exists, they would certainly look into it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Eric, I'm not out on I'm greedy as a quarterback. I want to protect the quarterback. Give me receivers it can go play. I'm if they had the fourth let's say that was the fourth lineman on their board available at twenty five, and the second receiver. Because I'm a big, like love guy. If I like you, I'm not sure I'm taking you. If I love you, I don't care what anybody else says. I'm taking you because I've done my due diligence. So I'm not convinced, nor should I be. If there's a good receiver like a Booka from Ohio State and the lineman, you're kind of wondering, why not take a receiver there as well?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that's the other position that I've that I've thought about there, and you know, getting somebody to replace what we saw the difference with and without digs, you know, and obviously with and without an ECO for that matter too when he was hurt. So you know, obviously that's that's something you can't overlook. The funny thing that seems to be you know, normally the second or third receiver in a draft would be somebody inside the top twenty receiver corner.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: We see a lot of that position typically in the top twenty picks.
Speaker 4: This year not so much.
Speaker 3: You know, there might be one or two receivers one or two corners. You know, it's hard to kind of the real value of both those positions might be on day two. So you might be able to, I mean you might depending on who's there. Buca is so solid, so polished, I think he's going to end up being a really good slot in the NFL, but you could play him outside that, you know, do we like that or do we take eighty five ninety percent of that type of prospect in round two? And whereas the lineman drop off pretty precipitously after a certain point, Right, I think that's going to happen, maybe midway through day two.
Speaker 2: Eric head home again NFL media. You can find him at NFL dot com on Twitter as well. Eric underscore at home. And I mean, you know, we talked about the possibilities of Nick Assio and the Texans Eric being aggressive on day one, but with you know, the three other top one hundred picks they are going to have. I mean, do you feel like maybe it's more of a target of you trade back in the round two or you know, you try to move up even further in round three. I mean, do you think that maybe that's a more logical spot that Nick Cassio could go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, totally possible. Right.
Speaker 3: Obviously, this this feels like a draft that you know, maybe there are a ton of trades up top. Maybe there are, I don't know, but after a certain point, I could see the activity really ramping up. In fact, talk to somebody last night who said a lot of the calls that they were making were with those those day two scenarios, Right, what would it take to move up from you know, thirty something to twenty something, what would it take to move down from that spot midway to the round or whatever.
Speaker 4: So a lot of.
Speaker 3: The kind of the cross check calls last night seemed to be on that front. So yeah, absolutely could see that as a possibility. And again, this is a draft where it feels like the lack of blue players, the true top tier guys, is really kind of glaring. But the depth at certain spots is pretty nice. I think there are a lot of solid players in this draft.
Speaker 4: I mean, the longer I've gone, the more I've actually appreciated this draft class.
Speaker 3: And that day too could end up being a real, you know, kind of a heavy lifting day for certain teams that understand that value.
Speaker 1: Eric, you and I, let's let's go around the league. I'm the coach, but you're the GM, and you're making a final decision. We're sitting in a room and we got a top ten pick, and I say to you, all right, uh, Shadre Sanders, what do you say?
Speaker 4: I say, we can wait. That's what I have been able to gather. Now.
Speaker 3: I know I'm talking out of both sides of my mouth. I had them ninth in my mock draft that I turned in on Saturday, and Saturday feels like about nine weeks ago. And isn't it funny guys, when you you do your final mock or whatever, you turn it in, then you show a few people and they say, well, that's not happening.
Speaker 4: I can tell you right now that isn't gonna happen.
Speaker 3: One of the isn't gonna happen things is at least what someone told me.
Speaker 4: With Sar at nine.
Speaker 3: I put him there because I thought, boy, he's gonna go at some point. I don't know where, you know, just does Pittsburgh take him at twenty one? Of those two scenarios, that feels more likely that he would go somewhere in that range. I suspect it's not a trade up situation. I think there are enough people who like Shitar that he has a real good chance of being drafted tonight. But also that like love thing you were talking about, I don't know that there's a lot of love for the enters the prospect, and so I feel like it's gonna be the ladder half or the latter third of round one if it does happen tonight. So if I'm sitting at nine, let's say just to use that top ten spot, I'm saying we can wait, we can take a different football player here, try to swing up for round two if that option is still available, or sweat it out and see how far he falls.
Speaker 4: So that's gonna be an interesting one right there.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now, And I don't usually as the coach, I don't usually subscribe to a first round running back, especially in the top ten. But some guys, some catchered just different and we saw the impact Barkley and Joe Mixon made here, Barkley Cook in Buffalo, Derek Henry with Lamar jacksonash You're running back emerged again. I mean they've been doing it, but they kind of revalued themselves. I think I think Ashton genty special now. So I bring him up to you and I say, can he change our program offensively? Do we draft him? What do you say?
Speaker 4: I think?
Speaker 3: At that point? Yeah, I'm a little ambivalent on this one. I'm the one man I say yes for.
Speaker 4: All the reasons you you just pointed out.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think He's as good a back as we've seen, or very close to as good a back as we've seen in the draft since Parkley, the one guy I think I would have had a slightly higher grade on him. You know, the way I do it is a little a little different than other people, but I would say Bijon was maybe just a tiny bit higher in my mind coming.
Speaker 4: Into the league.
Speaker 3: But again, I you know, look at Bucky Irving in Tampa, how he changed their run game too.
Speaker 4: I mean, Josh.
Speaker 3: Jacobs in Green Bay, all the guys you mentioned, Derrick Henry, whoever. You know, the run game has been kind of cycling back into the league for a few years now. As defense is it lighter and faster, they're going to load up on big guys. And you know, I think the value of the running back is has always been a little bit of an oversouled topic.
Speaker 4: But in this day and age, they can catch passes, block.
Speaker 3: Them on third downs, also run the ball twenty times a game to be that if they're special, if they can be worth that that high page.
Speaker 1: Yep, yeah, I think we're on the exact same page. Okay, the biggest Gary if we're sitting around too and I say, I need one that I pencil in now, I'll see you in a decade that I know he's going to be a hell of a player that if he's even isn't great, he's still going to start for us. He's that good. Who in this draft is your closest to can't miss in this draft?
Speaker 4: Running back?
Speaker 1: Anywhere? No, anywhere, any position, I don't care if it's guard or songid safety, the who's the guy that you say tonight, tomorrow? Any day?
Speaker 4: Do you say? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Any day can be today can be the first. I don't care who it is or what position? Did I say?
Speaker 4: Did?
Speaker 1: I know there's no gameuarantees? But this is about as close as he writes.
Speaker 4: Who is that? Look?
Speaker 3: I mean Travis Hunter? To me, he's one hundred and eighty three pounds. You got to point that out right. That's one big concern for me. Is like a guy trying to do it both ways full time. To me, I don't think it happens. I think it's going to be stronger on one side of the ball than it is on the other. But he's almost kind of bust proof. I mean, I know it sounds crazy, but when you have a guy who enters the draft, who is rated as I think very clearly the top corner and the top wide receiver granted both those classes we said earlier, not as top heavy as usual, but still come off. I mean, I just I don't, you know, I don't know how he fails in the NFL.
Speaker 4: Like he may not be the special.
Speaker 3: Transcendent, you know, otherworldly creature that we've made him out to be in some ways, but I would be shocked if he isn't. With that electric pic athleticism, the ball in his hands, he looks special, you know, his ability to take the football away on defense.
Speaker 4: I think he's gonna end it being a really good player. I think it's going to be a black to watch him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, his ball skills are off the charts man.
Speaker 4: For sure.
Speaker 2: Eric at home again NFL media joining us here on the Seawan Salisbury Show. Find him on Twitter at Eric Underscore at home, Eric, get some rest before the nights, and we appreciate you squeezing us in today.
Speaker 1: My man, you always do such great and do such great work. We appreciate you.
Speaker 4: Thank you. Have a great night today and hope you get all the blockers and.
Speaker 1: Greedy give us all give them all to us Christmas Day for football.
Speaker 4: Thanks Y.