Speaker 1: Hi, everyone, Tony from Hack the Movies here and what you're about to see coming up was the first episode of Bloodline a hell Raiser Show, a Patreon slash YouTube channel member exclusive series I've been doing over the last year with my cousin Monica. As you'll find out, she's not, or she wasn't the biggest fan of Pinhead, and I thought it'd be funny to make her review every single hell Raiser movie. The series is now done. You can watch every single episode on Patreon or by becoming a YouTube channel member for as little as two dollars a month. You get all the bonus videos at that tier. Now listen. If you don't want to commit to a monthly subscription, I get it. I understand. I wish you would, but I get it.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: I did make every single episode. I put it into one long video, and it's now available to buy on Patreon. You don't have to sign up monthly. You could just buy the one seven plus hour long video of every single Bloodline A hell Raiser Show episode if that's something you want to do. It's only eight dollars, as much as x Premium or Twitter Blue For you boomers out there, so you can just buy those videos if you're interested in just that series. I'll probably be doing that more with some other bonus content in the future, making it available individually. But again, two dollars you get everything. Consider it. Please watch this episode, let me know what you think. And yeah, I hope you check out the rest of the series because it was a lot of fun. I think I turned my cousin into a super hell Raiser fan. Now, okay, everyone enjoy the video. Hello Monica, Hi, Hi, how are you?
Speaker 2: Who are you?
Speaker 1: Properly introduce yourself right now, everyone new on the show has to properly introduce themselves.
Speaker 3: Okay, you didn't send me. My name is Nica and I am your cousin.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I can't believe it.
Speaker 1: Yes, and this is our bonus show that we've been talking about for a few years now.
Speaker 2: We're finally getting around.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it takes us a while, just you know, like a.
Speaker 1: Month before the new movie comes out. We finally got around to it. Just in the dickatie. Oh yeah, yes, this is Bloodline, a hell Raiser show. Yes, and one of the movies is called Bloodlines, so yeah, it all works out. Yes, Hell Raiser, I love this series. I'm actually an apologist for some of the movies, not all of them.
Speaker 2: Even I have a point where.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I haven't watched all of them yet.
Speaker 2: Watch yeah, yes, So this was the thing.
Speaker 1: So I want Monica to be on the Hell Raiser remake episode and the inevitable worst Hell Raiser movie episode, but I'm just like, she needs to catch up. So I decided we got to do this show now. And the reason I picked Monica is because she is apparently terrified of Pinhead.
Speaker 3: Okay, to be fair, Catholic school fucked me up, and I was very afraid. I mean, it's still afraid of Hell, but I was very afraid of Hell when I was little.
Speaker 2: Just get over Hell, You're like, oh, I just.
Speaker 3: Spent less time with Catholics. So there's that. But like, you know, with angry nuns who are like, if you do the wrong thing, you're gonna go to Hell. And we're kids and watching a movie about some you touch a box, play a puzzle and you go to Hell, you know, and yeah.
Speaker 1: It's like it's like the scariest hell you can imagine. It's just like, because because this changed my whole perception of Hell, because it was like, yeah, little Red Devils with.
Speaker 3: The hordes and then this all that stuff in this.
Speaker 1: Movie literally the one tag that it was originally titled a Sado Masochist from Hell or from Beyond the Grave. And I'm like, oh, this is the most horrify thing in the world. I don't want either in hooks in my body.
Speaker 2: That seems like a bad time into that kick.
Speaker 1: But yeah, you made the mistake of telling me you were afraid of Pinhead specific and I've often tortured you with this. I actually showed you this first movie in high school. I made well, you had already seen it and it scared you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And then I kind of like, didn't we watch it when we were younger?
Speaker 2: Though I know in high school. I forced you to watch it.
Speaker 1: I forced you to watch on high school because I thought it'd be funny. You had a cousin who showed you when you were younger. You told me that a different cousin, not me, a different cousin.
Speaker 3: It would either have been Nick Cosy yeah, or cousins on my other side.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one of them did it, yeah, because he told me that and it was not me.
Speaker 1: But I am the one who at one point when I was drunk in Atlantic City. I think I texted you at two or three in the morning saying that there was something wrong and you were very concerned. And then I just sent four pictures of Pinhead and laughed in the bathroom. Saw I was in the bathroom while this was happening. And then and then I went. I went on my merry way and Campbell the rest of the night being like that was real funny, totally.
Speaker 3: That's what I needed.
Speaker 2: I have a real funny guy.
Speaker 3: You also like text me Pinhead stuff on like my birthday Christmas. Really surprised you didn't give me anything Pinhead related for my wedding.
Speaker 2: Oh bet, I had two.
Speaker 3: Do you know what?
Speaker 2: Damn it? You know what?
Speaker 1: You had a Friday the thirteenth wedding, and that threw me off.
Speaker 3: I picked the wrong horror for it. I don't know how to have a Pinhead wedding.
Speaker 1: He was called a hell priest in the nove Well, he's not the bad guy in the novel anyway. Hell Racer again a novella by Clive Barker called The hell Bound Heart. I have read it.
Speaker 2: I assume you haven't.
Speaker 3: I have not.
Speaker 1: Yes, I read it, I think a few times, pretty short read. I did not reread it for this Sorry, not much of a change though. I think there's stuff where like Kirsty isn't the guy's daughter.
Speaker 3: I did read that there was it was like a niece or something like a neighbor or something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but for the most part it plays out kind of the same. Pinhead is not the main hell priest in the book. There is a character with pins in their head, but they're very effeminate apparently.
Speaker 2: Which plays into the new casting. A lot of people were complaining about the casting of the new Pennan.
Speaker 1: I'm like, actually, it kind of makes sense. Really, this is the one case where it actually kind of works. But yeah, Clyde Barker had the rare thing where he was able to direct an adaptation of his book. I don't know how many times that's happened, can you recall? I'm only thinking of one. Billiam freaking directed Exorcist three, which was based off his book Legion.
Speaker 3: I feel like there's somebody else, but I can't think of who.
Speaker 1: Stephen King he did a maximum Overdrive the movie where the machines come to life.
Speaker 3: That's hilarious. That's probably He's probably the only one who could bring that to life.
Speaker 2: Do you think the green Goblin truck was in his original book? I haven't read it.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but you know what, maybe one day we can read it.
Speaker 2: Yes, we'll read it one day.
Speaker 3: Uh, start a book club.
Speaker 1: One of my favorite, my favorite thing about that is apparently he was on so much cocaine. He claims to have no memories of directing that movie. He's like, I don't remember.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm pretty sure that's probably true.
Speaker 2: That's probably true. I have the movie over there somewhere.
Speaker 1: But yes, uh, he directed it because he one of his books got made into a movie Rawhead Rex, which I know I've seen and I don't remember a lot about. But he apparently saw that movie and he was like, well, they got that wrong, so he insisted he do this one. And yeah, his friend Doug Bradley went on to be Pinhead in the film. Now he was offered two roles in this movie.
Speaker 3: Oh, I actually know that.
Speaker 2: You say it wasn't he was.
Speaker 3: He could have been one of the movers, right, one.
Speaker 2: Of the guys moving the mattress.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or Pinhead or Pinhead. He was technically not named Pinhead at the time.
Speaker 2: Yes, leads Centobite as he was called.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: That was probably the best decision.
Speaker 1: It was like one of the best decisions ever made by an actor. It's like, hey, you know what, I think I'll be the pinhead guy.
Speaker 3: I can do more in this role.
Speaker 2: He really can.
Speaker 1: You know, if I play the mattress guy, I might be in another movie. If I play the pin guy, I might be in nine sequels.
Speaker 3: It is funny to think, like those are the two roles, and he was just like weighing them, like, well, the mattress guy, I could get.
Speaker 2: More roles, like I show my face and that.
Speaker 3: I think he does show up again, the mattress guy. Yeah, isn't he in the second one?
Speaker 2: I think he is. Yeah, there's like movers at the end of the Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: That's what I think. It's in my notes. So he would have gotten into another movie, I guess.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, he is now a horror icon just because he's like, now I don't want to do the mattress thing.
Speaker 2: But yeah, So the movie basically brother Frank, this guy Frank opens up the box.
Speaker 1: The lament configuration as it's called in the other material and he goes to Hell and his brother and his wife move in. Blood on the floor somehow brings Frank back and he conspires with Julia, who was his lover. Yes, she cheated on her husband Larry with Frank. They conspire together to give him bodies so he can come back to life and.
Speaker 2: Escape the Centabites.
Speaker 1: Kirsty finds out about this the daughter, and she ends up coming up with this plan to like frame Frank, so he goes back to Hell instead of her. And it's very tense, it's very creepy movie. Were you scared of them? Well, obviously you were scared of this movie. Were you scared upon a rewatch of this movie?
Speaker 3: I wasn't scared upon a rewatch. Yeah, and with older eyes, new viewing of it. Yeah, a lot of fucking weird shit went down.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And it's more that like this was very like it was. Incestuous was a big theme. Yes, a little bit sastly when Frank was like hitting on Christy.
Speaker 1: Kirsty, Kirsty, Sorry I messed it up by Ashley Lawrence.
Speaker 2: I've never met a Kirsty, so you're fine. I would.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't think there's many Kirstie's out there.
Speaker 2: Oh, don't say that.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have like one patron who's like an annual patron at one hundred dollars year, going, my name's Kirsty and then delete their pledge anyway, go you go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And then I noticed the one thing I put in my nose is that I hate it how much they say, like, daddy, come.
Speaker 2: To daddy, Come to daddy, jedgy.
Speaker 3: I was like, why please stop?
Speaker 2: Come to daddy?
Speaker 5: That should make it Daddy so proud, don't you beautiful?
Speaker 2: Come to Daddy?
Speaker 3: And it wasn't like ironic in any of the ways they ever said it. It was just how they said it. And I was like, why was this the choice?
Speaker 1: Well, it's funny Frank, I guess, you know, it's funny Frank like Julia's I guess the secondary villain in this, and Frank's the main one. People who haven't seen this, they assume that Pinhead's like the main guy, and it's like, nah, not really, He's just kind of there. But Frank was played by a few people.
Speaker 2: Do I have it here? Oliver Smith was the skinless Frank.
Speaker 3: That makes sense because the bone structure didn't match up.
Speaker 1: Yes, and then there were Sean Chapman who played Frank, but they dubbed over his voice, and I forget, I don't think they have the guy who dubbed.
Speaker 2: Over his voice.
Speaker 1: So this movie was filmed in like Britain or London or the ukh and it was meant to take place there, and then the US distributor was like, no, the movie takes place in America.
Speaker 2: Now. I don't know if you notice like all the awkward dubbing in this.
Speaker 3: No, because I think sometimes they were just awkward.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, yeah, I guess that helped. I guess that helped.
Speaker 1: But they it's clearly shot in the UK, but they're like, no, it's in America, so they like dubbed over most of the British accents. Okay, it's very it's very bizarre.
Speaker 3: I think that I can't remember his name.
Speaker 1: The dad, oh, the dad Larry is Andrew Robinson.
Speaker 3: His like voice was weird a lot.
Speaker 1: Like well that really was his voice, but yeah, he just just sounds like a weird guy.
Speaker 2: He's from Pumpkinhead too.
Speaker 3: He looked familiar.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's wait, so you've seen Pumpkinhead.
Speaker 1: I I don't know we've watched so many. I feel like a lot a lot of people have seen Pumpkinhead two or three or four. I watched Pumpkinhead four over the weekend, and midway through I went, why am I watching Pumpkinhead four? Like I like, I literally was sitting there like I don't know why I did this, just like I don't know why I did this.
Speaker 2: I'm like, it's not good, it's I'm not enjoying.
Speaker 1: Anyway that like Adrew Robinson, Hell Raiser and Pumpkinhead two, he's been at other things, and now I feel bad because that's the only.
Speaker 2: Thing I can think of. Sorry, Uh no, that's your one.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Julia Is is awesome in this. She is like pure evil. But I have a problem with her character. Okay, so it's implied that she only slept with Frank like once. By the way, uh, cheating is wrong from what I hear. But if you're gonna do it, like, don't do it the day before the wedding day, and don't do it on top of your wedding dress like.
Speaker 3: It's pretty easily and trying to find someone to fix any like stains or terrors. Everythink it's gonna take a while old choice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, from a guy she just met. She knew, I know.
Speaker 3: He like literally comes to the door. It's like I'm because or no, brother, I'm sorry, brother, and then she's like yes.
Speaker 1: She's like yes, I need this and I'm gonna do it on my wedding dress.
Speaker 3: I just like it was hilarious because I was like, I know, it was a different time than eighties, and I was just like I would be slamming the door in this man's face because he's just purves me, like it's her vibes.
Speaker 1: All right, I want to I want to call Larry be like, Hey, your brother's really creeping me out.
Speaker 3: Why didn't you tell me this weird your weird brother.
Speaker 1: Was coming u By the way, they do not like each other, Like he talks about all that. He's like, Frank's probably in jail.
Speaker 3: He's an asshole, I know, but he's invited to my wedding.
Speaker 2: The wedding.
Speaker 1: You won't let me sell my dead bomb's house. Everything sucks. He's an idiot, he's invited to the wedding.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I mean that was one thing that really was like her motivation, Like was it sex with Frank once and I was just like in the second movie they show a little more of like their sex scenes, but like in the first one, I was like, this seems very vanilla for you to like want to kill other men.
Speaker 1: Like It's just my whole thing is that it was just the one time, like if they had like a long affair, like over years, but like ivon rewatch it, I was just like just one time.
Speaker 2: I'm like, he couldn't have been that good lady.
Speaker 3: No vanilla, Yeah, and not enough to like gross.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not enough to be like I'm gonna suddenly start murdering people to bring.
Speaker 3: You back, like yes, I And then I mean besides that too, like they move into the house before like Frank skinless Frank comes back into the picture. Yeah, she's still like having those moments where she's liker.
Speaker 1: She finds the picture of him and another woman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's like, no, get out.
Speaker 3: Of here, this sloot.
Speaker 1: Also, Frank, by the way, if you if you say, say, hey, you spent spent a night with a guy once and then he went to his house and he wasn't there, and he sleeps on a mattress covered in dirt and food and there's cockroaches in his kitchen, like she's gonna bring it back to life. He's still gonna be a fucking dirt ball.
Speaker 2: Like I wouldn't want to. I'd be like, oh, this is how he lives. Now, I'm out.
Speaker 3: I'm out to be fair. The cockroach just were because like nobody was there for a long time. I can't defend the bed.
Speaker 1: Obviously, I guess, all right, the kitchen, although they say he was there recently, the kitchen couldn't have gotten that bad.
Speaker 2: I'm guessing like a week or two went by.
Speaker 3: Well it is That timeline is confusing because it's like they move into this house, but like he was there recently, Like why were they allowed to move into this house?
Speaker 1: I don't Yeah, they probably didn't know. He was probably squatting there. I mean, he technically co owns the house, but he was probably there just didn't let anyone know.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's what I assumed.
Speaker 1: But yeah, he he he lives like a vagrant. By the way, he's always world hopping and buying weird shit from scary people.
Speaker 2: Like I wouldn't want to get back together with this guy.
Speaker 1: And by the way, if a skeleton came up to me, it was like I was that guy you you hooked up with once, I would have been.
Speaker 2: Like, can you shut the fuck help? My husband's downstairs. Also, I'm gonna get a broom any even just the husband.
Speaker 3: It was the movers too, Yeah, everybody's downstairs.
Speaker 1: What was the mo when she meets when she meets Frank, it's when he's having like a party downstairs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: The movers are when Frank comes back to like when they spill the blood, which apparently spilling blood on where you died and went to hell, that'll bring it back. That's not a good.
Speaker 2: Does it have to be a family member's blood? Is that what we're meant to believe?
Speaker 3: Well, that's what's confusing about the first movie, and in the second movie that's not the case.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I guess it's just blood in general.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean the first movie like seem very heavy on family ties. Yeah, and I thought that's what kind of like because it was his brother's blood. But then they also killed all those other guys and that's.
Speaker 2: True, so I guess that's true.
Speaker 1: I do love that whole Like every time he kills someone, he has like flesh and skin and he's got like the nervous system, and that.
Speaker 2: Was really cool.
Speaker 1: I will say, Uh, this movie does have a very important lesson. It's don't trust family, don't trust them. And I learned that lesson at a very young age because of this movie or something else, because of something else that happened to me. I was I was told not to I learned not to trust family members. See, I have this really cool car. I had this toy car and it was really really cool, and I decided to let my cousin Monica play with it. But she decided it was her car and she she wouldn't let me play with the car. I found this tape recently. I'm gonna cut to the footage because I found the tape recently. You can't compare that hell Raiser, Noah, no no, Because I was like, I'm gonna share.
Speaker 2: But then she wouldn't give the car back to me, and then she pried my figures off the wheel of the car.
Speaker 1: And then at one point when I I chased her, she picked up the car so I couldn't physically grab it.
Speaker 4: When you die, somebody, one of your patrons should just kill me where you live, because then my blood will bring you back.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'll be like, oh no, she's gonna steal my car.
Speaker 3: I don't want your car. Now.
Speaker 1: Cut to the footage of me hanging on the back of the car because I was too young to force her.
Speaker 2: Off of it and I just held on while she will be around or not.
Speaker 3: Walking out of it.
Speaker 1: So a few things that don't work in this movie for me. One of them is the boyfriend character.
Speaker 3: He sucked I love that is, Like, that's what I'm saying. I don't understand anybody's like attractions in this movie because at the dinner table, he like does the trick with the cigarette like in his mouth and puts stuck out and she's like.
Speaker 2: It's like oh yeah, like ew.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, I know she's kind of drunk at this point, but like still.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not like a sexy trick. No, that's not like the tying the strawberry. Uh stay the cherry stab. Yeah, it's starbary step. That would be really impressive.
Speaker 3: It would be really impressive if they could make that happen.
Speaker 2: But oh but yeah, it's just like I put a cigarette in my mouth.
Speaker 3: It's like cool, I can't wait.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna be real great. Can you, like I got mauflage before we go.
Speaker 1: Uh, He's just so boring and I feel like I should have listened to commentary. But I feel like they kind of like added him in there because they thought they needed some kind of romance.
Speaker 2: But like, I love how.
Speaker 3: Uselessly he is the guy to try to save her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then he does it.
Speaker 1: I love the twist at the end where like he doesn't really do anything to help her, she ends up just doing it herself.
Speaker 3: And he.
Speaker 2: Punched in the face bike.
Speaker 3: So I don't know what the creatures called the engineer.
Speaker 1: So that thing scared the shit out of me when I was Yes, yeah, because the engineer seems like a bigger deal in the book, but apparently.
Speaker 3: I mean by the name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know why he's called the engineer. Yeah.
Speaker 1: In the book he says I'm the engineer in.
Speaker 2: This he just goes wow. So when I was a kid, I was watching this. It was just on. I was watching by myself because I was insane.
Speaker 1: Uh. And I think the first time I watched is I think I turned it off at the engineer scene because it was just like that thing scared me too much. Ways, like climbs on the walls, and when you can kind of see it, you could tell it's like a man in the suit and they're probably like on a rail. But then sometimes it's like a little miniature, see like you can see the little track.
Speaker 2: That it's like.
Speaker 1: When it's a miniature, it's a little bit more janky. That is one that you can kind of see the trail. But no, he's seen like terrified me. And luckily I turned it off because then Pinhead showed up and that would have scared me even more.
Speaker 3: At the time, he would have been traumatized.
Speaker 2: I probably would have been traumatized.
Speaker 1: So I like Andrew Robinson as Larry. But when Frank becomes Larry, I think Andrew Robinson plays it too different.
Speaker 3: He really overacts it.
Speaker 1: He really does. It doesn't match the previous Frank acting.
Speaker 2: You won't cheat me with you, you'll stay with me, help me.
Speaker 5: He was insane, baby, a mad dog. Had to put him out of his misery.
Speaker 3: And she's also not to stirre by like the gunk hanging from his scalp.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 3: It's not mending together because they take his skin. I guess they skin Larry. Yeah, to put it on Frank. Yeah does not notice. Oh yeah, so he's sorry.
Speaker 1: On my phone?
Speaker 2: Was that a demon? What was? Uh? Yeah?
Speaker 1: He just I like his performance. It just is not consistent with the other Frank we saw. Yeah, because he's a little he's a little copy.
Speaker 3: He does come to Jack.
Speaker 1: He's like, he does the come to the Frank. Previously he's like, come to daddy, come to daddy. This one he's like, come to daddy, Like all right, all right, a little weird. Uh. He tells Kirsty that he killed Frank and then she sees the body and it's skinned, and he's like, yeah, I had to put him down.
Speaker 2: She's like, oh.
Speaker 1: No, And that makes sense, she said, because Frank was her ticket to not go to hell.
Speaker 2: But she doesn't go You skinned him? Oh, I guess eight.
Speaker 1: No, you know what, he didn't have skin when she saw him last. So I guess that makes sense. I guess that makes sense. True, And I just screwed up there. Points for the movie ten stars or five stars, I don't know. We don't have a rating here. Talking about the centa bites. What's the scariest one for you?
Speaker 3: I guess the chitter one, the chatterer yes, chatterer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that guy's that guy's fucked.
Speaker 1: That guy's scary, uh less scary in the second one.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about that when we get there. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's very it's very darring. I think the woman was Clive Barker's like sister or cousin or something like that.
Speaker 2: I like her.
Speaker 1: She's a little cocky too. She's like she's like really getting in Kersey's face. She's like, oh, what if we don't want to trade?
Speaker 2: Huh do you ever think about that?
Speaker 3: And Pinnet's like relian, I know, Penhead, but Pennhead should have listened to her, because Kirsty keeps like fucking over their whole help plans. They really don't like, we're not making any more. Yeah, you'd stop, like you're literally trying to drag people to hell, and you're like, okay, I listen. I like.
Speaker 2: I like how they're annoyed. They're like, what do you mean?
Speaker 3: Frank left Like, you're like, you're gonna tell me how I keep my house?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're prove it to me.
Speaker 1: And it's like, why don't you guys go to where Frank is supposed to be and check if he's there. They're like, we got all this shiit to do. We're exploring pains and other dimension or whatever.
Speaker 2: You got to clean our hooks. I don't know. Yeah, that is that is a little funny.
Speaker 1: It's like, why didn't you guys just check? I don't think they really care that much.
Speaker 3: No, Like I guess they figured they didn't realize people could escape.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 3: I guess this was the first time somebody escaped them.
Speaker 2: So in the history of the world, no one's ever spilled blood right where someone died.
Speaker 1: Right where somewhere died and went to hell. Is it only because he went through hell through the I think so? Again, these are these are mysteries that we haven't we haven't figured out. Uh yeah, So it's pretty good when they get rid of the centa bites at the end. Apparently Clive Barker and the other animator were drunk and they hand drew all those little yellow lightning effects around them.
Speaker 3: Oh they didn't.
Speaker 2: They don't hold up.
Speaker 1: They don't hold up at all, not like the fire in the engineer's eyes when he's fading away.
Speaker 3: I still I still love the part where the engineer punches the boyfriend though, because they like stab him and he's just a kid.
Speaker 1: Oh talk about weird. This is something I feel like later hell Raiser movies kind of got away from. But the creepy dream sequences, Oh yeah, yeah, they're awesome, like with the feathers and the blood and whatnot, and the baby's crying the one arm where she wakes up from the dream sequence when they're in the hospital. Do you notice the nurse just had this big, thick black leather belt. What was going on there?
Speaker 3: I did not, it seemed a little.
Speaker 2: I was watching it and like, something up with that nurse? What the fuck is that? What is going on? I like the doctor being real mean to her. It's important, it really is.
Speaker 1: First things first, we'll get you a telephone.
Speaker 3: A further point, Catholics, the nuns do not help her. They give her the most judging looks when she's really scared with this box. She's like covered in dirt and blood and all this stuff, and the nuns are just like.
Speaker 1: I feel like the guy with the New York Yankees hat. I think that might have been a reshoot to make it America.
Speaker 2: Are you all right?
Speaker 1: I really really enjoyed this movie. It's very scary, though. I like the idea of like the killer the Frank just being in that room and there's all this normal stuff and there's just like this other worldly thing there and you always know he's there.
Speaker 3: So I guess I won't do spoilers or anything like that, but you've watched Stranger Things, right, Yeah, so the last season? Yes, all right, so you know how the last season really like pulls from a lot of like horror from the eighties and stuff. I was really thinking. I was like, Oh, they have the stained glass on the door, like it kind of looked like the Rose, and then they had the creepy monster kind of like Vecna up in the attic, and I was like, I wonder if they kind of got some of those elements from Hallary's They.
Speaker 1: Probably I meant, kind of looks like Frank now I to think about it, Yeah, it looks like a jacked Frank.
Speaker 3: I mean, they pulled a lot of stuff from a bunch of different like eighties horror. So this was like, oh, that's really making me think of Stranger Things, which I'm sure people are probably like, we don't want to hear about that right now, just correlations.
Speaker 2: It was just like, no, no, I like.
Speaker 1: That but yeah, that's the whole idea of like a monster in the attic. Like yeah, like Frank like building himself, which is cool because they shot that all reversed. They like melted something and then filmed the reverse just him building himself. That used to creep me out. Uh, this is one of the best trailers I've ever seen.
Speaker 5: I have seen the future of horror. His name is Clive Barker hell Raiser Beyond Any Terror.
Speaker 2: You have a magical.
Speaker 5: Hell Raiser, a film like Clive Barker will tell your soul.
Speaker 3: Part you know. Also that like there's that iconic scene of like Frank is Larry and he's just like Jesus.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, his tongue is so sad. I don't know if that's like an effect or something. I'm like, that is a really fat tongue. How did they do that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that part's pretty crazy, Like, yeah, just explodes. I'm always confused of what happens at the very end, because the house starts to burn and then they're just somewhere else, also surrounded by fire. I don't think that's supposed to be their house. They're in some like weird trash pit with fire everywhere.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, And well they run away, don't they.
Speaker 2: I guess they leave and then they go to a trash shit. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I guess they were going to throw away the box.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they tried to throw away the box.
Speaker 1: But then the homeless guy who was throughout the film was throughout the film, he picks it up and he turns into a dragon.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I feel like that just got dropped in other movies, like, No, he makes an appearance in two. I think he No, well doesn't his face make an appearance.
Speaker 1: I think that's the Asian guy who sells the box in the beginning, because he quotes it.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah uh.
Speaker 1: And the movie ends kind of like, oh, it's the cycle. The box is now going to go with someone else. However, on the wall, I think drawing. There's a drawing on the wall that looks like that weird dragon demon. There are other creepy homeless guys in the other movies, creepy almost, Yes, there's a part. There's one in the third one where there's so there's other weird homeless dudes and people who work for hell to get the box into people's hands, but we never really get an explanation for him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we don't. I mean, we don't really get much of an explanation of why they recruit homeless people.
Speaker 2: No, I mean I guess they don't. Don't I have much to do, I guess.
Speaker 3: Speaking of the homeless dude to cycle back. The other part that really confused me is that QC works at like the pet shop. Can they sell a monkey?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've never seen that.
Speaker 3: I was just like, I get the dramatic effect of like the monkey screaming, but then it was just like, can you buy a monkey in New York? Did they think you could buy a monkey in Can.
Speaker 2: You do it in the in the UK? Maybe? I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I went to one pet shop in like Northeast Philly years ago that had like sharks. Yeah, but that was like the most exotic thing I've ever seen in a pet like store.
Speaker 3: Probably illegal, true.
Speaker 2: If it was illegal, I feel like they would have hit it a little bit better.
Speaker 1: It was like, yeah, Okay, they're like, no one's coming to the no one cares.
Speaker 2: That might be a thing where like a cop might not know that that's illegal, Like our shark's illegal. I don't fucking know. I don't care.
Speaker 1: Hell raisor one. Uh solid film, good horror film. The rules of the universe are a little bit serious to us. Yeah, Julia's motivations I think are a little weak, but her performance is really good. Uh like like her whole heel turn. She starts to enjoy the killing more and more as it goes on. And she was supposed to be the main villain.
Speaker 2: Of the series. But we'll talk about that more.
Speaker 1: Next time when we do hell Bound, hell raisor two Monica.
Speaker 2: Where can people find you?
Speaker 3: Oh they can't.
Speaker 2: They have to open up box to get you. Like, Yeah, I meant social media like it.
Speaker 3: Is, I know, but I don't want them to find me. Okay, I'm gonna get a bunch of fucking pinhead stuff because that's happened before where you made fans send me pinhead ship. Okay, so he's gonna tag me regardless. Twitter is story in the end. I think the same thing with my Instagram.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and don't don't send pinheads.
Speaker 2: Send what would you like them to send?
Speaker 3: Nothing?
Speaker 2: That's mean.
Speaker 3: I don't need anything about.
Speaker 2: Like pictures of puppies.
Speaker 3: No, because they're gonna be pinhead puppies.
Speaker 2: I didn't even think that existed, but that problem.
Speaker 3: Oh come on, I know we haven't gotten to the other movie yet, but there is.
Speaker 1: There is a dog dog, all right, Send Monica nothing, don't tweet her, don't don't ever talk to her.
Speaker 2: If you see her in public, just keep on walking.
Speaker 3: They won't see me in public. I work from home.
Speaker 1: If you're breaking and entering and it turns out to be Monica's house, don't talk to her.
Speaker 2: She doesn't want to talk. Just leave the house.
Speaker 1: Grab whatever you gotta get, get out of here, all right, all right, goodbye.
Speaker 2: Remember to like, comment, and subscribe.
Speaker 1: Check out our other videos and Patreon page.