Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to side Quest. This is our weekly video game show here at Geek. First, I'm your host El Muss and I'm with me the R and D Travis Snell. How are you doing, Welcome back to side Quest, Welcome back to the podcast in general. It's good to have you here, my friend.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is actually marking the first because I was hoping for news but then everyone abandoned it, so it's just stuck with Taylor.
Speaker 3: How awkward. A couple of.
Speaker 2: Days, a couple of days before I assault the band and then I gotta do podcasts with them. But yes, this is the first side Quest. I'll be on next week. Lots of catchup we can do. It's the first foreman cast of it on, so I'm excited to do it.
Speaker 1: So let's do the gv quads are back. We got also the better luck this year. Kirkle Patzer, how's it going.
Speaker 4: It's going very very well. I'm uh yeah, no, it's it's going very well.
Speaker 5: I'm excited to kick off the new drafts.
Speaker 1: Yet I did not sound well, Yeah that was a sketchy very well. That sounded rehears I don't like that. And we have the field of Fields. Mister Titterfield, how are you doing, my friend? Well, I'm doing pretty good.
Speaker 6: I'm I'm here looking for a.
Speaker 1: W looking for a WL see if you find it. This is this is, of course, the twenty twenty five video game Draft. We do this every single year. We're here a little late this year because Travis was away and then I didn't have internet for a bit, so you know, this week's episode's a bit late. It also probably should have been back in January, but that's just how things go sometimes. I think we're just gonna skip kind of right to it because we're doing a lot of these drafts tonight, so we're just gonna get ready to do it. As Travis mentioned, next week, we will have like kind of your standard side quest episode. Travis is gonna join. We're gonna talk about all the games he's been playing while he's away, among other news and all that good stuff as you normally can expect. But yeah, we're getting into the draft here. So the way this works and the rules change a little bit before the most other pre consistent all of us, all four of us, are gonna pick five games to go on our draft, and at the end of the year we're gonna look at all those games that release. We're gonna tally up all the metacritics scores, so the review scores for those games. Whoever is the highest overall number wins the draft. We'll take a quick look back at last year where we have the results. The results are coming in hot and heavy. Here in last place was taylor Field with four hundred and eighty six points. You had one game get delayed out of the year, that was Assassin's Creek Shadows. We'll see if you go to pick that one up again.
Speaker 3: Ghost is coming out.
Speaker 1: And then in third place, this is crazy, actually a nail Bier Kirkland with five hundred and twenty five points. And then I had five hundred and twenty six, so I literally had one more point than you. That what's funny about that is I had a game delayed and you had all of your games. So even with a game getting kicked out and me lack you know, whole games are the points, still beat you by one point. But yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 5: Do you think given all the details, you could have just left it out.
Speaker 4: You could have just left it you know, you beat me by one point, But I appreciate you got all the details, then.
Speaker 1: I won't yeah, rub In south Park snow Day any anymore. We could leave that fort again.
Speaker 5: I've never picked a south Park game again.
Speaker 1: And then in first place was Travis Snow with five hundred and sixty five points. Really clean performance overall. Are you feeling confident this year? You think you're gonna do it two in a row?
Speaker 3: Here, I'm feeling good.
Speaker 2: I think this in many drafts now I've won. It's like, can should I play it safe and go for the double? But I think I'm gonna make some wild picks.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'm not. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll see how goes. I haven't decided the play style yet. But I'm feeling pretty good, especially in these lady years, because this is the third two.
Speaker 3: And twenty two. This is the fourth year we're doing all these drafts.
Speaker 2: So now I feel like all those early strategies that we've pulled out are out there. They're free, Like, I don't think there's anything else people gonna pull it back. Oh, I didn't think of that, So now I think it's really even playing field. I wanted to win the video game one because I think one year I was really close and had a delay. So I'll be curious when a vowed comes out, Dylan and see that score and see like if it would have came out, if you would have beat me or not.
Speaker 3: I don't know, because there's a good shot I eat it.
Speaker 1: So I think I would have. I mean, if I was forty points before, I don't think that game was gonna be less than fifty. I think it would at least get a seventy five or seventy two or something like that.
Speaker 2: I don't say it much, but thank you Microsoft for making that those right moves.
Speaker 1: So I'm still very excited for that game. So even though even though they burned me with that, so of course, congratulations Travis, We're gonna go through this. And then, of course we had did this last year. I think it was the first time we did it where midway through the year we kind of all four of us got back together, we all drafted I think three more games, maybe it was two. I forget if we went up to seven or eight, but we all drafted a bunch of more games. Because of of course, a bunch of things go get announcedroughout the year, and then everything that anything that was delayed officially we kicked those off our lists and kind of refreshed them, and then of course in the final hours, me and Taylor both got screwed with some delays there with a vowed and Assassin's creed. So it can always happen. A vout happened super late in the year. That's just how that's just the way it goes. You know, you can try and pick games that come up earlier and try and be safe, but then maybe you're getting less points. That's kind of part of the whole game of it. So at some point, probably in the summer, we will come back and do the not even necessarily second half, but just kind of the second part of this, I guess you could say, and then we kind of check in throughout the year. In terms of rules, we of course do the classic Snake draft, so one of us is gonna go first. We'll go back and forth. Things that are not allowed, anything that is currently in early access. So if it's out right now on Steam and early access, something like that not allowed, you can't pick it because that game's already out. We already kind of know about it. No ports, so you know, I think Final Fantasy Rebirth or something's coming on in PC soon. You can't pick that because it's already it's out. It's the same game. This is where it gets tricky. We've said no remasters in the past, but like remakes are allowed, and that's a slippery slope because it's such a like you know, back and forth. It's very close in terms of what makes what. So we'll just have to do that on a case by case basis. I guess if someone tries to pick a game that is nebulously in between, then we can do a little on the fly call if that game is gonna be allowed. Am I missing anything? I guess we've talked about LC's. Are DLC's allowed.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not. I don't think so. I don't want the Elden Ring thing going on.
Speaker 1: I don't, yeah, because we didn't have Eldon Ring on our draft last year, right that was considered a band pick, you know.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm firmly against the no DLC.
Speaker 1: I mean, last year, Taylor had a World of Warcraft, the war within that sounds like DLC to me. I didn't play it, but no matter I lost, So I'm not. I just want to get us all on the same page before we start picking things if.
Speaker 2: Someone feels like that, because in that situation, I know nothing about world of warcraft. If something comes up that someone feels hey, that could be DLC, same thing as a remaster remake, I'd say bring it up and let's discuss and take a look at it, because I don't know. I didn't know if that was like a warcraft like a sequel or whatever, because there's some stuff that I'm blind on.
Speaker 3: So I'd say, if there's an iffy, throw a hand up.
Speaker 1: You know, Okay, we will decide that when it comes up. Can one one one of the three of you pull up the famous Maddy Saggs Wheel of fate for us to determine the order. I forget actually even the past that we've done, like Winter picks, like I like the wheel the wheel.
Speaker 3: No, it's always in the wheel. That's always in the wheel.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay. I don't know. How are you guys feeling. I guess just confidence level when you did your research preparing for this. I did a little quick re listen of our preview that we did like a month ago, just to see if I forgot anything. I'm feeling Okay. I think there's easily twenty games worth of juice on here, and maybe at least like fifteen of those. I'm like, Okay, I think these are actually very solid picks, So I'm feeling good. I feel like there's a deep roster that we have of announcements this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel I feel alright because I feel like there's two that people might not pick per se. I could be wrong, but I feel like there's two those. So though, if that goes good, then I figured out my three. If those other two or maybe other people are sniffing around them, then maybe maybe some.
Speaker 3: Some new moves will have to be made.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, all right, spin that wheel, baby.
Speaker 3: I wonder if it's gonna end on random.
Speaker 5: The poke.
Speaker 1: The fake Pokemon got Taylor Field the perfect chance for redemption? Is that what you wanted? Taylor? Did you want first this time? Okay?
Speaker 2: Cool?
Speaker 1: He has a pretty juicy pick on the cusp. It seems.
Speaker 6: Next up right between me and Travis looks.
Speaker 1: That was like in Smash Bros. When you're so close alleged that your character starts like falling off. It was it was like that number two that's looking like you, Travis. You don't like that spot I like the.
Speaker 3: First of the whatever.
Speaker 2: I think this is actually the worst spot to get because at least with number one, if you don't get, you like, well, they'll miss something, so I can pick up. Once you get to three, it's like yeah, probably.
Speaker 3: Second will get stuff. Yeah, don't hate the player, I hate the game.
Speaker 1: Okay, Taylor Field, you are the first one to make a selection.
Speaker 6: Oh here I got. I'm happy I got first. But now I'm torn because there's two picks that I feel like I need to put on the I want on my list. I definitely want on my list because I feel like there are already picks that you guys are gonna go for. One is a little bit more bolder than the other. So maybe, just just just to be safe, I'll just say the stranding too, just.
Speaker 3: To be safe. To release date that is five.
Speaker 2: No, you said it it's too late, but like it doesn't have a date, I thought. And there's even I know, like because you guys said this comment day but I don't know, even hit Day last year said something and they're like what percentage that he's like thirty percent done.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, everyone's like this game's twenty.
Speaker 4: They going hard over Christmas. Okay, he got a good sixty percent for sure.
Speaker 1: I mean when I googled it, it says twenty twenty five right there. But I have no idea that's just.
Speaker 3: Never been dated, never been dated.
Speaker 5: I'll take my chances he's not one the date thing.
Speaker 1: I mean, Wikipedia says it's supposed to come out this year, so he is. I trust Wikipedia more than I trust any of you three. I think that's I would wager that's coming out this year, but who who the heck knows? I guess that's a rule I didn't mention, but like, technically you should try and pick things that are coming out this year and not play for like picking things that are intentionally gonna come out in the futures that you can drop them when we get to the second half. If that makes sense, you know, don't try and game the system in that way. If you pick something that has literally announced twenty twenty six, you're not allowed to pick it. That's against the rules.
Speaker 3: I picked sky Fall Elder scroll six.
Speaker 1: That's sky Fall Elder scroll six. I haven't heard about one. It's gonna be great, Okay. On the beach is off the beach here? That goes over to me. Now, Okay, So here's the thing. Every year we've done this draft. I think this is the fourth year. Could be wrong. This fourth year, I've never won, even though on the Video Game Guy, but I will claim that I have. I have had the highest average score. My my review scores, Medical Rectors have been the best. I just have always had games get delayed, which has dropped my number. That's my excuse. So I'm gonna switch up a little bit this year. I'm gonna go for what Kirkland has done in the past. We're just like pick things that are coming out in like a few weeks, you know, the things that are least likely to get kicked. And so I'm gonna go for Monster Hunter Wilds, which is coming out pretty soon. I would be shocked if that game got delayed. It's already had a bunch of previews and things like that. People have played the game. It's coming out, and I think March April or something like that. Mounts under World's last mainline game had a ninety uh. People really like this series. I think this game is gonna be great. I probably won't be playing it, but I will happily see it crack up some points on my list here, So I'm gonna go monster Hunter Wild's my first pick.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to be clear, Kirkland won the first two years and then I won this year. So I broke Kirkland street because he had that stupid little trophy. But you know what, next time you see me hand it over, buddy, that trophy is that trophy's mine?
Speaker 3: Is even there? Do you still have it?
Speaker 5: Any of my horseshoe trophy?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Every year vehicle looka trophy.
Speaker 5: Well, next recast, I do.
Speaker 3: Look at this in a spot right next to Golblin.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be so get your name on it.
Speaker 3: Okay. So I'm very happy about this.
Speaker 2: So this is where I said I didn't know if I was gonna where I was going to get a little safe or some bold picks, And now I'm film bold based on those two picks. And some people might think, oh, like what Dylan said, can he pick this game because for their out? But no, because take two confirms this was today statement confirms that DJ six is still in track for a fall twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: Wikipedia posts there, well, yeah it is, it is.
Speaker 2: Uh so No, it's an actual statement for the company, not fucking just some gamer that loves Hi.
Speaker 3: Jao Hideo.
Speaker 1: Going to jail.
Speaker 3: So I'm going with GTA.
Speaker 2: I think there's a risk to it, but if you look at all those scores, majority of them are all like ninety five ninety like if it and I that's the thing, if it hits, unless something argantuine happens. I think it's like a minimum ninety minimum. So I'm taking risk. But the thing is, maybe that is when I could drop in the future. But I'm picking it because I want it, because I want to come out obviously, but they've this like the third time this year they said it's coming, so I have to believe them.
Speaker 3: And if they do, I want that. That's when I want my team.
Speaker 2: Maybe they'll screw me down the road, but I want the big like the Meg La Dawn you.
Speaker 3: Know on my roster.
Speaker 5: So that's the meg right there, That is the Meg.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I respect that pick. I was just a little too worried of the even though I saw that post today. Yes, they did say, but that also seems like something you put out there so your investors are happy, you know who.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It's not like they put a trailer out there that confirmed it. They're just trying to pease those suits, you know, And I'm here for the gamers. I'm not here for the suits. Kirkling, you have two picks back to back, so there's a lot of power in your field here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it'll be power.
Speaker 4: I feel like I don't normally get the back to back, so this is an exciting time. I'm kind of surprised GTA made it all the way down. I feel like I was gonna take it no matter what, even though it is a risky pick, just because it is.
Speaker 5: That big megaladon.
Speaker 2: Right here.
Speaker 5: Yeah you so yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm kudos to you, Travis forgetting that. I think I'm gonna take Doom the Dark Ages here as my first pick. So impressed, play all the gameplay trailers and everything I've seen, I'll take it on PS five, I'll stick to the place.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I guess. So medic has Metacritic has like an aggregate thing now, so it just like combines all like averages version, So I think that's cleaner. We'll just do it that way.
Speaker 4: Okay, cool, I'm happy with that. So yeah, I'll take Doom there. And then for my second pick, I'm gonna go with a heart pick here. I'm gonna go split Fiction. I'm gonna really just will this game to be like a perfect you know, tan experience, and uh yeah, I'm happy that I'll be drafting it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it Takes two has really great reviews. I think it's in the nineties right or the high eighties at the very least, and it's coming out hundred PC, coming out like there's no way that's getting delayed out of this year. So two really great picks once again, and Kirkling, you pick the kind of first quarter early year things, and these are two really great picks. So those are definitely my my s tier picks for the night. So nice, nice word.
Speaker 4: GTA was there though, I would have taken that for sure, so I'm sorry split Fiction would have dropped a little bit.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well yeah, getting back to that now. Early games just confirming some numbers. I'm pretty happy with them. It's gonna go with SEV seven.
Speaker 3: You take that doesn't seem like there's anything I can't take.
Speaker 1: Is already out. The game's already out.
Speaker 3: Since February eleventh.
Speaker 1: Over here, well, it already has reviews.
Speaker 3: All right, Oh does it okay?
Speaker 1: That's fine, Yeah, because there was like early acts that you can like pay and then it's out now kind of thing. I will, Honestly, I think you're maybe like it has a decent score now, but I think it might drop because like it's been a pretty controversial launch.
Speaker 2: So I will as long as it hasn't I'll take I'll take some other release kids, dude, as long as this hasn't been released, I'm gonna I'm gonna steal avowed you know, the win last year because it was delayed.
Speaker 1: It's dead to me, so you can have it.
Speaker 3: I do feel good about it.
Speaker 2: The play test has gone well and that, so yeah, I'm gonna take a vowt uh. And I just don't feel like that's gonna get delayed into twenty twenty six. If it does, then that stud has bigger issues than I would think. But yeah, I feel good with the valve there, so very nice.
Speaker 1: Okay, I guess that takes it over to me. I'll let you guys crack the code on this, but I have three more games in my S tier picks and I'm gonna go with uh. I think this one has a potential to drop on the Metacritic compared to its predecessor, but I still think it's clean ninety. I'm going Eldon Ring Night Rain, the three player co op DLCs. It's not DLC, it's its own games, so that's where it's. Hey, you know what, if they want to sell it in a separate box, I will pick it for my list. Kind of a boring pick, but I do think this is definitely coming out this year, and I mean it's Eldan Ring. What are you gonna do not pick Elden Ring?
Speaker 3: So yeah, no good pick. I kind of forgot about that game.
Speaker 1: So if you guys need me to pull up it, pull up the visual here. Let me know. At some point I'm writing this down.
Speaker 6: So I got two picks, right, and you do.
Speaker 1: The snake is in your favor. Here, let's go with.
Speaker 6: I don't think that the reviews are out for this, because it's still fourteen days away. I'm gonna go with like a Dragon Pirate Yakuza in Hawaii. Yeah, Kuza games got high ratings, so I like Rubens always show me this Yakuza games, so I.
Speaker 5: Did not even called that anymore, did they likering?
Speaker 1: They got a variety of this one, especially like Dragon, But this one has the word Yakuza in the titles.
Speaker 3: I don't understand.
Speaker 1: That insane game title. Yeah, that's solid pick though, I think that's clean.
Speaker 6: And then in addition to that, I'm gonna go with Anno one one seven. Those games are pretty popular and it's interesting has I think it's got some steam behind it.
Speaker 1: So one one seven you say with those.
Speaker 6: One spartan one one seven, is.
Speaker 1: That actually what's called one one seven?
Speaker 5: One one seven?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Wow, that's crazy interesting pick is I don't like, personally didn't have that on my radar, so I feel like that would have been a freebieing a later round, but I don't know, maybe uh, some of these other boys had scoped it out.
Speaker 5: That's my next pick.
Speaker 1: Okay, two ways I could go here. I'm more guaranteed kind of release state scenario or a riskier one that maybe has a little more potential. M But I think this year I'm being born, I'm playing it safe. I don't grab Ghosts of Yo Tai.
Speaker 3: Does that have a date?
Speaker 1: Not a date, but it has twenty twenty five on the trailer for it.
Speaker 2: That's I'm just surprised by safe. I feel like just the year dates those can sometimes be the unsafe. I feel like any day we could wake up to that, you know, black page white text, like we're working really.
Speaker 1: To me, you can't see to me. I I think there's a higher chance of that happening for GTA than for that happening for a Ghosts. But we'll see.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, I'm gonna pick up the other side that coin. I'm just gonna go with Assassin's Screed because the same way.
Speaker 1: Oh that's interesting, it's.
Speaker 3: What I think.
Speaker 2: It's dated in spring, right, But it's the same thing as a valid Like if this game gets delayed from twenty twenty four to twenty five twenty six, there's big problems over there at you'd be soft. So I'm gonna trust them to hit this. So I'm taking Dylan's delayed game, taking to them, taking the fallen Soldiers, and I'm hoping they're gonna get me to uh win, because yeah, I don't want to go too far out GT.
Speaker 3: Is my one. Hell, Mary, I don't want to get too all far off the recreations.
Speaker 1: What do you what do you think for a number on that bad boy? I think it's risk like you just looking for an eighty and then you're happy or.
Speaker 3: I'm hoping for eighty.
Speaker 2: My hope is that the delays are genuine and is gonna come out and hopefully be one of those.
Speaker 3: Higher tier Assassin Creed ones, right because.
Speaker 2: I feel like we get the okay, seventy eighty, it's fine, and I'll take it like hey, look at South Park last year, right, like sometimes the seventy is even.
Speaker 3: Not too bad.
Speaker 2: But I'm hoping my minimum, i'd like like a seventy eight to eighty. My maximum maybe like an eighty five. I think there's potential to stretch there, but you know, hopefully those delays help me out.
Speaker 1: Okay, Taylor, are you just fuming at that?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: No, he can have it.
Speaker 6: I think because I've read a few, just a few things that comments about the game, and I think maximum you're gonna get probably like low eighties, but I think minimum you're gonna get high seventies for sure. I think it's a safe pick.
Speaker 2: That's why I'll take a low eighty over just a fucking goose egg zero, you know, like that.
Speaker 3: That's that's what Taylor.
Speaker 1: He's taken our delayed scraps from last year and avowed and Assassin's Creed just are just remember leftovers.
Speaker 2: Maybe should have gave those scraps another chance. That is a strategy because they're coming out early. Maybe should have given another chance. You know, it's like the ex girlfriend you no, not specific, the general.
Speaker 3: Nondescript Taylor Field. What's your next two picks? It's not I'll.
Speaker 1: Go I don't like these rules. Yeah, we're going.
Speaker 3: Back to ta I insulted them, so I'm giving them the picks.
Speaker 5: Hm hmm. I got a couple I could pick here.
Speaker 4: I'm getting a little cautious around the release dates on them, just for the uncertainty on some of them. I think I'm gonna take Adam Fall as my next pick. I was thinking of that medium wild card, I feel just because I don't know what it's gonna do. Like Radiance wise, I think everything I've seen it looks really good. Another one, I'm just kind of hoping, you know, in due existence those Metacritic points, I'm.
Speaker 5: Hoping it's really good. So yeah, I think I'll take Adam Fall there. That one.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm very excited for that game. But I was looking at like Sniper League five, phenomenal game, seventy seven on Metacritic, Like you know, a solid score, But I feel like I don't know what it is, maybe about rebellion, but I just feel like maybe this could be the one that really climbs. But I feel like it's bound for another seventy seventy something, hopefully not, because I'm taking I'll be there day one.
Speaker 4: Love to get those points for my next one. I feel like every year I usually go with these like just random PC games that are usually like my best picks, Like last year frost Punk Too that was my number one.
Speaker 1: Really eighty five, the Commando three one year and three.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm gonna go Football Manager twenty five here the newest installment, sure go.
Speaker 3: What they now say? That game is canceled?
Speaker 1: Legit literally today?
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, wow, okay, we should have got you guys. Got you.
Speaker 2: Guys told me that I want to win honorably, but yeah, literally today put out a post that's.
Speaker 1: Uh there's a I saw there's like a new preview for WW two K twenty five, So that's on the board. You could pick that.
Speaker 5: Uh No. I looked at those medic critics and they're they're awful. It's just they're inconsistent.
Speaker 2: Hey, we'll talk about side quest. I'm gonna first time ever Gmode Online.
Speaker 3: I mean, the.
Speaker 2: Gimmick boys are very excited. It's it's a big day for the wrestling fans. So that could get you some big numbers right there.
Speaker 3: Kirkland, I hope for for you Mode Online.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 4: Okay, I think I'm gonna take put on the back foot here, I definitely am.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: Take WW and looks so bad now I'm.
Speaker 4: Gonna take Mafia the Old Country one. I really don't know if it's even gonna release. It says summer of twenty twenty five, but they haven't updated like anything on the game in a very long time.
Speaker 1: Really impressive long since last summer.
Speaker 4: It's not that long, it feels like a long time, just with details that we've gotten on other games between now and then.
Speaker 5: So a little bit of an Asterix pick. But I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm just I'm hoping that it's a fresh start on the the series. That the ratings in the past haven't been the greatest on you know, all the games, but I'm hoping this is a wild card.
Speaker 2: You gotta love this man dogs on w W. The last three w W games were higher rated than the last Mafia game. Mafia games like in the sixty seven w's all like eighties.
Speaker 5: That's really Mafia three, though we don't talk about Manfia.
Speaker 1: This is the old country, Okabe.
Speaker 4: We're going to Italy, baby, Okay, sure take it with that. I'm not taking Football Manager though, so I'll take that.
Speaker 2: Imagine, just imagine though, if Dylan's WiFi didn't go down, we did this on Monday, you would have Football Manage right now, and then three days later.
Speaker 1: That would have been done.
Speaker 5: That would have been unlucky.
Speaker 3: You should be taking Dylan's Wi Fi provider right there.
Speaker 5: It was me, Dylan that was the one that hacked your It was all alone.
Speaker 3: So it's me.
Speaker 2: Hey, okay, so I think I'm gonna go for another I'm because this is pick.
Speaker 1: Number four, right number four, Okay.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna do one more wild card because I got a couple more safer ones not as wild this GTA and this is a bit more unknown territory for me because I've never played a single one their games. But I feel like people are very excited. People are overly excited point where I see the game playing like, okay, looks good, but you know, they're very excited. The games that these people have been a part of in the past have done really well.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna pick Judas. I'm gonna hope that that could be a breakout this year.
Speaker 2: And because those BioShock games, like even BioShock infinites like ninety four, so it's like fucking nuts like those are good. So that's why I obviously thought the exact identical people, but if they can kind of in a way become like the Outer Wilds, because I was even looking like, okay, what's fallout.
Speaker 3: An Outer Wild's comparison? Outer Wilds is like eighty six.
Speaker 2: Again, I'm just making the comparison of like the Way, thank you, Yes, yes, yeah, So I'm making the comparison of a bunch of people from Yeah so it's me the list, but a comparison to one studio, some people leaving creating something similar but having good success. And I think Judas will I don't even know if I'll be playing it, but I feel like, uh, this could be a risk, this could be like a and like could be a disappointment, but I'm gonna just have some faith and uh, maybe snag a sleeper pick here.
Speaker 3: So I'm going with Judas.
Speaker 1: Uh March twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Apparently that's what Take two said, but like that's where I feel confidently enough. I think it's gotten the official twenty twenty five. Like Sticker and Take two, I think they just said in this quarter. So people think that, But I think if it's expected March, even to a couple of delays, I feel like we can get this this year. So and if not, maybe by the summer, then I kick and go, Okay, it's been quiet. It's like I did with God. What's my game that's never coming out Dome that I'm excited for all the time?
Speaker 1: Replace?
Speaker 3: Replace? Yeah, never doesn't exist.
Speaker 1: It might not. It's more real than Football Manager Town twenty five. That's that's all I know. Okay, back to me, I still have an S Tier one that I think is gonna get a really high number, but I just I'm not certain of its release date, and so I'm gonna go for a safe one. This game we talked about last week on Sidequest because it was part of the Xbox Okase or was that two weeks ago? We talked about it recently. I'm gonna pick up South of Midnight, so I think it's compulsion games that people who made we happy few are on this one. It looks good. I think it's gonna get maybe low eighties, but I think it's one hundred scent coming out. It's dated in April. Even if it does get pushed, I think it's still sticking to this year. So I don't think this is gonna be a huge money maker. It's not gonna be a ninety's unlikely for that to be the case, but I think it'll be solid enough. So I'm gonna go with South of Midnight.
Speaker 5: Ooh.
Speaker 6: Back to me for my last two picks. Ah, this one they confirmed the year its release, but it's not devoid of being delayed whatever. But the company confirmed it for twenty twenty five, and you know, with the recent unveilments of the Switch to Whatnot, I feel pretty good about picking Metroid Prime four. I think that there's gonna be a high chance so that's gonna slide into consoles near you this year. So I'm gonna go with that.
Speaker 1: That was the last one I had in my asked here. I just I just am worried of a potential delay. I do think it's coming out this year. I wager higher on the percentage that does come out. But in just trying to switch up my strategy GTA or Metro, I think Metroid Prime is more likely to me, honestly, I think GTA because I feel like there's no way, there's no way the Switch two is not coming out this year, and there's no way Measured Prime comes out after the Switch to launch in my opinion, So that's where I factored, Like, even if that game was getting delayed, I think they would delay the Switch too, or like they wouldn't have announced it back in January when they did. That's kind of where I'm at with that one.
Speaker 3: Because has there been like a real full re re revealed that game.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, last last summer, like Nintendo's Showcase I think, or maybe in a Nintendo Direct in September or something. But yeah, we saw some gameplay and all that.
Speaker 3: There's just too much question mark and also question marks.
Speaker 2: Usually the town doesn't put off crap quality, but if both can't come out, that's why I made my wild card gtake, because we don't know. With Metroid, it's been through a lot, so I don't think it's a guaranteed like yeah, High ninety or anything.
Speaker 1: So what do you guys, cause that game's I definitely want a Switch to exclusive. I think they just advertise it too much for the Switch one. But you guys think that they would could position it as like a switch to launch title game that you can like kind of like how they did with Breath Wild when that came out still in the weed. Do you think they would do that for metroc Prime. Would that be a good release date for it to get a lot of eyes on it?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Possibly, It's always.
Speaker 1: Like that and Mario Kart, you know, not just it on its own something else as well.
Speaker 3: The Mario Kart's released with the new Switch.
Speaker 1: I mean it was in the trailer for it.
Speaker 2: So maybe I feel like I feel like I'm more confident on a Mario three D platformer and Metroid than I am with Mario Kart and Metroid.
Speaker 1: Really, even though they showed Mario Kart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's just like a little snippets though, right, Like it's not like it wasn't like a It's just that could be like here here's like.
Speaker 1: It's more than a game then Mario three D.
Speaker 2: I know, but like they always got one cooking in the back. They're like what do we go back there?
Speaker 1: We got Mario, uh, I mean yeah, Odyssey was twenty seventeen or twenty eighteen or something, so it's it's yeah, it's big.
Speaker 3: That they can just whip one together in a week, and then that's the.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's easy copy paste, Yeah easy, Okay, Metro Prime four and you got one more there, Taylor.
Speaker 6: Last one is going to be uh wander stop. I was just looking through indie games and this one popped up. I thought, this one, it's uh just feels.
Speaker 1: Like this one could do it. I think that's a fantastic pick.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it gave me, oh my goodness, not Animal Crossing, but it little makes similar to that for GameCube. I remember my cousin playing it almost thank you, Harvest Moon. This game gives me kind of Harvest Moon vibes. And I know Harvestman is very popular popular title as well, so I think.
Speaker 1: I mean, their last game has a nine deal Metacritic because they they are the makers of the Stanley Parable. It's a very different kind of game, but like this team and studio is super creative, super interesting. I think it's more than just like a cozy game. I think there's something more under the under the surface. I think. I think it's a fantastic pick. I definitely had it in my I don't think any of you guys are gonna pick it. So if like things get dire, I can go to Understuf. But I think that's a really good grab tailor nice nice work. I think that's coming out very soon too, so I think you're like avoiding any delayed chances. Yeah, that looks pretty pretty, pretty clean. Yeah, okay, back to me now, nice try. I got one more pick here. Okay, Metrick Prime got grabbed. Let's see, I might go for it. Okay, Okay, I think I'm gonna go for a boring pick that I think is once again just in the eighties. It's it's here's here's my analogy for this one. You know, like when you're when you're in the game of baseball, you can go for a huge, you can go for that home run, but you can also just like let the whatever guy strike out or whatever and then you just get a walk. I don't know that in terms of baseball very well, but you know what I'm talking about. So I'm going so I'm going for MLB The Show twenty five. Oh, okay, these games always do well. It's gonna come out unless it gets canceled like Football Manager. So it's boring, but it's gonna you know, get me some good, clean family fun points here.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's okay.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna make a boring pick as well, and I'm you know, meaned upon it. I've talked myself into it. I'm putting dot B two K twenty five on the roster. Reason why I think it's gonna do higher is because you know, clowning inside Gmode Online is legitimately a very big thing. They have two new features this year. There's that and there's this thing called the Island. It's the first it's an open world mode the first time ever. Now, it could be disastrous and sing the game or cause, like we know, this was sports games. It's like they release it's the same game for the same game four years in a row, and then something new comes out, right, And this is one of these years where there's double new stuff happening with online GMOD and the Island.
Speaker 3: So I'm banking on them both being good.
Speaker 2: Hopefully GMO runs well and the island's fun where you you just go on this island and you're fighting other wrestlers and you're unlocking stuff, like it's it's this weird mode, like it's this mod that not even the okay, good, we're not picking the gents because they don't they're not even allowing it on ps F four and like the last shit and stuff, so it's just like huge Island or rolling Rains in the middle. But so I'm hoping these two modes anytime Doody tries to put some new fresh stuff in there and it works, usually the meta score like bumps up a little bit. Instead of like an eight like I saw one, there was like an eighty five. Like, okay, I could I could see this being a year if these new things work out, well, it's like, oh they put a little bit more effort in the game this year. Here's an extra point. So and I think it's just like the lowest score it had was like forty three, but that was like in twenty twenty when they had bad developers before that's like seventy three like in the past like six seven years.
Speaker 3: So I'm pretty happy with that.
Speaker 4: So yeah, good, good, good good my pick now, right, Okay, I'm gonna take potential Spicy one. I saw an article that had a potential data leak release date on it, so I'm gonna trust that and go with middle Gear Solid Delta Snake Eater supposed August twenty eighth, the release date according to my files I'm seeing here, But yeah, I don't know. I just don't see this not popping off and being like at least an eighty eight plus.
Speaker 5: So yeah, with eighty eight.
Speaker 3: Plus, really think it's a minimum?
Speaker 5: That's minimum? Yeah, it's not there. I don't want any points if they're not all radiate.
Speaker 3: You were the first eight or zero for Kirk?
Speaker 1: Sorry? Would you pick? Sorry?
Speaker 5: Middle Gear Solid Delta Sneak Eater.
Speaker 1: Okay, How does everyone feel about the remake remasterness of that?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Right, I I'm fine that because I feel like it's gonna be I won't say I top the bottom remake pretty close too, because it has been so long and I feel like there's gonna be new features and stuff added from some of the other games, like Phantom Pain. But so I'm on the side of I give it the thumbs up for allowing it.
Speaker 5: I forgot it was even a remake.
Speaker 6: Honestly, I do not know the games well enough, but in that case, I think it's.
Speaker 1: Okay, interesting, Yeah, I I I guess I don't know enough about it either. But to me, it seems like a seems like a remaster. But oh but I don't.
Speaker 3: Call a remaster. They're calling a remake.
Speaker 1: They're calling it the Mental Gear Solid Delta had a title or Delta is pretty ambiguous because aren't the.
Speaker 3: Ones that you played are those labeled remasters.
Speaker 1: That's like a port that's like a port collection, Like there's no changes to that. It's just like putting the games on the switch, like they look like garbage, you know. Oh yeah, yeah, but uh yeah, I think we kind of I think we have to roll with it because I mean, none of us really know.
Speaker 5: Plus it's really bad, I'll swap the pick and.
Speaker 1: I think you're good to go. We'll just hope it gets delayed and then make you read because I because I think the only thing that I mean, I'm also bias because I feel like if that does come out, uh, it's gonna get great reviews because it's just like a pretty faithful remake of a game that people are remaster remake whatever it is of again that people like love a lot. And I think it's hard to mess that up, you know, I do.
Speaker 3: But it's like the best.
Speaker 1: Looking version of some people's like favorite game of all time, Like you know, it's gonna get ninety plus.
Speaker 2: I think I just also wonder, because people do love Kajima, if that might factor into some of those reviews and some people might be a little like.
Speaker 3: A little stickler about it. I feel like that last time.
Speaker 1: That would be, that would be that would really make me question the journalistic integrity reviewers if they're like, this game is a ten, but because Kojima didn't okay it, I'm gonna give it a seven. Like that seems wild if they would do that.
Speaker 3: I don't put it past I don't put it pass anyway.
Speaker 2: When we learn like oh, yeah, I people vote for video Game Awards but they don't play everything, it's like, yeah, I don't put it past them, be like, yeah, continue to make this though some Now I can't get this that high, So I.
Speaker 1: Wait, sorry, what's this video Game Awards? People don't play everything things?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it wasn't last year, but this year before when we were on there was like things where we talked about like multiple people that vote on these things. Yeah, I didn't play that, and it's like, well that, Like if I was a voting body, even if I have no interest in some sort of game, I beg I feel like I gotta play this to make a vote. The same thing happens with the Academy, right, like, well, I don't want watch all the movies. So for me, it's like if they're voting on best game of the year and they have played like three out of the ten nominees.
Speaker 1: Is this for Game Awards or something for Game Awards?
Speaker 3: For game awards?
Speaker 1: But there the Game Awards. It's not like they're like, here's the nominees and play these five games. Like there's thousands of games you could have in a year that would be eligible. Yeah, wouldn't you expect someone to play every single game?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: The winner vote? Like don't you revote with the winners?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, you just pick your five favorite games of the year and then all of those going to bucket and then they churn out the winner and then the fans have ten percent of it.
Speaker 3: That's a terrible way because then I feel like if they're because.
Speaker 1: To me, yeah, I mean it's a weird system for sure.
Speaker 3: That's awful.
Speaker 2: I just feel like if there was a game that like i'd want to play and see man keeli man DLC.
Speaker 1: Now this news yeah, I mean, and and as we've mentioned before, like there's no limits on what they can pick either, Like you can pick games that didn't come out in the year, because that's not even a part of it. You don't have to pick games that came out of that calendar. You can pick whatever you want.
Speaker 2: Ye got to win some people overkn on me because I think people are always ready to ship on them because they like took to task one of the gaming gods.
Speaker 3: So I don't think it's like a confound eighty eight, like Kirkling saying, you know.
Speaker 1: Interesting, yeah, we shall see. Okay, uh go one more, right, do you?
Speaker 5: I think?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 1: I count I count that as your fifth but my fifth Okay, I mean I got I got picks if you guys want to do one more round of this merry go round.
Speaker 5: But I was miscounting.
Speaker 3: Let's see. Of course I can always find a pick.
Speaker 1: We always got the second and half part that we can do later.
Speaker 5: That's fine. But I'm okay with.
Speaker 2: This, kay, okay kirk Kirk's worried abow what was that pick, Kirkle that you had.
Speaker 5: I'll wait till the next next chapter of this draft.
Speaker 1: Okay, Travis, you want to recap your list and how are you feeling about it?
Speaker 3: Do you have the thank you? There's a document right there? Okay?
Speaker 2: So I got Grand Theft Auto, six Fingers Crossed, There Avowed, Assassin's Green Shadows, the Duo Scraps, Judas, another hopeful Homery and then W two K twenty five GMO will bring me to the Pearly Gates and let's make it two years in a row. Got to catch up with Kirkland.
Speaker 1: So good stuff, Kirkland. How's your list looking?
Speaker 4: My list is certain off pretty fiery with Doom the Dark Ages, and then below that I got Split Fiction number two, slots number three Adam Fall, number four, Mafia The Old Country, and number five we got Meddle Gear Solid Delta.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Did I forget a word of that title? I feel like there's an extra word. Okay, it's too many, too many letters and words, Taylor. How about you.
Speaker 6: Look at that Death Stranding two one question?
Speaker 3: Taylor? What made death Stranding to the number one pick for you?
Speaker 2: I'm not saying, don't have to pick your anything, Like, I'm just surprised out of all those why was that like you had picked anything? Why did desk Stranding jump out at you?
Speaker 6: Because of you guys, just and everyone I have spoken to that has played this game, I just feel like it's a's the.
Speaker 1: There's a very divisive game though, like we're a we're a rare few that love that game. I feel like rare few.
Speaker 5: Credit you guys are like.
Speaker 3: It's like eighty three or something. So it's pretty good.
Speaker 5: But it's seven right now. When I looked on medical, I.
Speaker 1: Would have four seconds ago, say eighty two. But maybe we're looking at over the things just over just in the last hour draw.
Speaker 3: People are putting right now.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just think my association without playing the game has just been positive. So I thought, well, and I thought be dealing with you guys. One you guys was absolutely gonna pick it. So I thought, I just need to pick that for my list.
Speaker 3: Well, and here's a reverse I thing for Tao.
Speaker 2: I think there's no shot that game was under eighty because I think people have a bias for Kajima, and even if they don't like the game, they oh, well, there's a lot of craft behind it, and I love Kajima so eight, so it works both ways.
Speaker 5: I'm saying, I don't understand it, but it's amazing. So high score. There you go.
Speaker 6: Number two like a Dragon Pirate, Yeahkuza and Hawaii Snake Eater.
Speaker 3: You forgot Snake.
Speaker 1: Delta, Old Country.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Omega Alfa.
Speaker 6: Number three and one, one seven, number four, Metroid Prime four, four and four.
Speaker 5: I like that. That's a lucky, lucky spart right there.
Speaker 6: Number five, wander Stop.
Speaker 1: I just can't believe Ano just used the master Chief number. It's so wild to me, it's pretty crazy.
Speaker 3: I just can't wait.
Speaker 2: So next year these indie games come, when they sucks, is gonna be so pissed, Like I'm gonna pick one ever again, the only one.
Speaker 1: Is wander Stop.
Speaker 6: That's the only indie game I picked for my list.
Speaker 1: That's an indie game. But it's like, okay, this team has made just amazing games every time. Yeah, okay. I have Monster aroun Her Wild's elder Ring, Night Rain, Ghost of Yo, Taie, South of Midnight, and MLB The Show. I feeling good about this. I feel like, you know, look at look At from Soft with Elden Ring. These guys just churn games out. Okay, they may be. I think they may be delayed elden Ring originally, but like their output is insane, the amount of games they put out. In the fact that this is a thing that's using like the same engine as Eldering, even the use same bosses and stuff, it's just like a co op thing. I don't know why it's not a DLC, but to me that makes it strongly strong contender that it will in fact come out. And then ghost is another wild card pinship. It's like, if that doesn't come out, what is what does PlayStation have this year? They're dead in the water.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, but all they need to do is just like Astro, just drop one game late into the year.
Speaker 1: The year they've closed all their studios and fired all their workers. They have no one to make games except for Insomniac and Ghosts here. That's the only thing they have left. So I feel like they need it this year, so they'll put all their resources there.
Speaker 2: I think Ghosts will be out, but I'm still think there's always a chance that I could get the death dreading them.
Speaker 3: I'm the one that's more iffy on Ghosts.
Speaker 1: I think is more likely yeah, and then South of Midnight MLB the show. Think those are clean eighties months around. I think I'm getting a ninety on that. I'm pretty good. Happy with that. One is my number round, number one pick. But there you go. There's the draft. Any final thoughts here, boys.
Speaker 3: No, I'm feeling good. I can't wait to see what happens.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm hoping for the spirit of competition that there are zero twenty twenty six delays.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm hoping.
Speaker 2: That it's a clear, fair game and that would be ideal winner winner. But if it makes means I have to get a win, then final.
Speaker 4: Ticket, Dylan, you got the South game. I had the South game last year, so hopefully you're South of Midnight.
Speaker 1: Oh God, the South, the South Curse. Yeah, I'm gonna watch out for that coastal South. Honestly, South Midnight. If any of my games do tank, it could be that one. Let's let's be real, I think games. Yeah, the first thing coming out is avowed because that comes out like literally next week. So we're gonna get some points on this board. Travis is gonna take the early lead with a certainty. Thank you ever for listening. Let us know in the comments or in the discord wherever, who you think has the best list, who you'd put money on, who you'd pizza bet, Who do you think has the just most beautiful list? And who has the worst as well. We don't need to know the middle too, just the best and worst. Thank you ever for listening to As I said, we'll always be back checking in on this list, and we will you know, pick more games later on in the year, and we have some more juice out there. But thank you all for listening. And check out other drafts because we have Marvel Draft, we have Movies Draft, we do all sorts of crazy drafts. Check them all out. Thank you for listening. We'll see you again next time.
Speaker 5: Bye bye bye