Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: We continue to find out more information about what exactly happened when there were threats allegedly towards FEMA members, FEMA officials that are working in the South trying to recover from not just Hurricane Milton most recently, but obviously before that, Hurricane Helene and the damage caused in the states of North, South Carolina, Georgia, et cetera. Yesterday we told you that a forty four year old guy out of Bostic, North Carolina, was arrested charged under a law that makes it illegal to carry a weapon in a way that would threaten the public. So I'll get to the details of that just a second. The Governor of North Carolina, Roy Cooper, has spoken.
Speaker 3: I've directed the Department of Public Safety to coordinate law enforcement assistance for FEMA and other responders who needed to help ensure their safety and security. People can keep getting the help that they desperately need.
Speaker 4: And then Dan Criswell is the FEMA administrator. We are not going anywhere.
Speaker 5: We have over two thousand people from the Federal family in North Carolina, and misinformation will not deter us from our mission of helping people period.
Speaker 2: And again there's this wild rumors going around North Carolina. Part of it is because there's an information vacuum. Some people still don't have internet. They some people probably never did have the Internet, and a lot of that information vacuum is being filled by theories about how FEMA is going to come through and for example, bulldoze the entire town of Chimney Rock without looking for bodies of those people who were lost. They're going to take out buildings, and on and on and on, and these these rumors then gain momentum and are really not connected to whatever source material, whatever seed of information was there that then causes this to roll out of control. Just as an example, this forty four year old guy, William Jacob Parsons, Boston, North Carolina, arrested for threatening FEMA workers.
Speaker 4: This is how it went down.
Speaker 2: On Saturday afternoon, the Rutherford County Communications Center got a call that a man armed with an assault rifle had made a comment about harming FEMA workers. So he was at a gas station in Polk County, North Carolina, and it was either a station clerk or another customer at the gas station that went to some Army soldiers who were nearby. The Army then informed the Rutherford County Sheriff's office. The Rutherford County Sheriff's deputies visited that gas station, got a description of this guy's vehicle, and then they found him at a nearby supermarket. It happened after FEMA, of course, directed its employees to stop going door to door to help survivors because of the various threats of violence. FEMA workers are still working from their designated li loofk cations off in county courthouses or some other sort of well known building within their communities. But it goes to show you that all it takes is a tiny little seed of information about what happened for it to blow out of control. Because remember the reports that we had were that this was some sort of two trucks worth of militia guys brimming with guns that were hunting down female workers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and how many apartment complexes are we talking about when it comes to the Venezuelans, Like I want numbers, like you just got the one guy in North Carolina.
Speaker 2: But if you have one apartment complex in Aurora, Colorado that's taken over by Venezuelan gangs.
Speaker 4: That seems like a lot.
Speaker 1: It also seems like a priority, Like get into that one complex?
Speaker 2: Should you could? It would make sense if they did. Welcome to work.
Speaker 4: Hey, you know what, I'm reading that book right now? Oh you are? Yeah? Okay, good? How funny?
Speaker 1: You guys always have the same books, so I write. I just but it's just funny. It just made me giggle. I'm like, I'm one hundred pages into that one.
Speaker 4: Very good, I hope, So all right when we come back.
Speaker 1: I don't know why they do road work in rush hour. I know it's my fault. I should leave early. I should a lot for them to do roadwork in rush hour?
Speaker 4: Well, why why not weait till ten? Is it actual roadwork? Are they like sweeping and brushing?
Speaker 2: Because the union must be strong for Caltrans and they can't work them overnight.
Speaker 1: I'm not asking for overnight. I'm asking for the middle of the day noon, noon would be nice on noon sweeper train. Yeah, that doesn't eleven eleven am.
Speaker 2: When we come back. More on what's going on in the campaign today. Big deals. When it comes to what we could see interview wise over the next couple of days.
Speaker 1: You know what this is going to be. I think make or break for her tomorrow night?
Speaker 4: You think so on Fox? What about when she does Joe Rogan?
Speaker 2: She's doing Joe Rogan too, Allegedly, there are at least discussions about it.
Speaker 4: I doubt it. We'll talk about it.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Gary Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: You've heard of people fainting in church in the south right, they're moved by the spirit of the Lord. While a couple of people started fainting at Trump's Pennsylvania rally. It it wasn't the music, It wasn't the Lord.
Speaker 4: It may have been I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know these people, but it looks like it was the lack of air conditioning. Trump even requested to air conditioning at one point, and Christy, noam your girls South Dakota governors try to keep things strictly political with a joke saying they probably can't afford it, sir, in this economy.
Speaker 4: She's doing something with her face lately.
Speaker 1: Oh really, oh boy, like a plastic surgery injection thing.
Speaker 4: Yes, not flattering.
Speaker 1: Trump decided then to switch his tack. He said, let's not do any more questions. Let's just listen to the music. Let's make it into a music dance.
Speaker 6: Let's not do any more questions. Let's just listen to music. Let's make it.
Speaker 3: Into a music, into a music hell wants to hear questions, right.
Speaker 2: And so then then music and from the from the Donald J. Trump Spotify playlist apparently the songs that he's still allowed to play, of course, and didn't do anything. He just kind of every once in a while he'd stop and he'd say some things.
Speaker 1: For me, it didn't get better than November Rain when he started doing this like this weird like.
Speaker 4: Can you dance it to November Rain?
Speaker 1: Like like turntable hand motion that he's got going on.
Speaker 4: It was so awkward.
Speaker 2: And what I didn't quite understand and have yet to actually read, is were medics and EMTs treating these people that entire time? Because if if, if they were, that makes sense. He doesn't want to do an event while there's people being you know, treated for exhausting or fate whatever it was. You don't want to you don't want to continue the event.
Speaker 1: But you can't start dancing to November rain while somebody's dying on the floor.
Speaker 4: Why why do you hate dance?
Speaker 1: I just think that that's more irreverent than continuing the rally.
Speaker 2: There is that, but again I don't know exactly what happened.
Speaker 4: I don't know it.
Speaker 1: Like if I just dropped to the floor right now, well I would dance.
Speaker 2: Oh man, you have no idea that's hurtful. No, no, it would be like a dance. It would be like a healing dance.
Speaker 4: Oh, like a rain dance, but for healing. Right, I hope she gets healed? Is this because of Indigenous People's Day?
Speaker 2: Whatever has fallen her? Befallen her? I hope that it goes away. So that's one thing to make fun of him for, right, I mean, that's he does some of these the easier, awkward dancing things.
Speaker 1: But if that's it, If she did that, people, nobody would be able to stop talking about it today, about how she was so dancing for thirty eight minutes.
Speaker 2: Now, she she mocked that whole dance.
Speaker 4: Music fest.
Speaker 2: At one point she said that it was very special and said that he appeared lost, confused, and I hope he's okay.
Speaker 1: I want to hear the way she says special. Does she mean he's disabled? Possibly, she made me do that.
Speaker 2: One of the things that's going on today in terms of the campaign is both of them sitting down for a couple of town versions of town hall. She Vice President Harris is going to be talking with Charlemagne, the God from the Breakfast Club in a town hall in Detroit. Trump is sitting down for a town hall style event in Chicago, I believe with Bloomberg before he sits down and answers questions of an all women audience. In Georgia. There's a rally plan in Atlanta.
Speaker 4: Also. Now we talked about Vice President Harris.
Speaker 2: Yesterday, Fox News confirmed that Harris has agreed to go and do an interview with Brett Baer tomorrow that's going to air at about three o'clock. There's also discussion that she could sit down with podcaster Joe Rogan, that her campaign has met with Rogan's team. They have not confirmed anything as of yet, but we do know that Trump has confirmed that he would be on with Joe Rogan sometime the next few days.
Speaker 4: So all of that going on the day that Georgia begins.
Speaker 1: For I understand her going on Brett barn Fox News to try and wo maybe never Trump Republicans. I don't know who they are anymore, but I know they exist. Certainly the media will tell you they exist. I don't know what she could say to wu them, but going on Joe Rogan is a lose lose for her. I don't know if people listen to Joe Rogan who are undecided at this point.
Speaker 2: Well, don't forget Joe Rogan was a Bernie Sanders guy. I mean, Joe Rogan's politics aren't necessary. I mean, he clearly now tends to, at least in what he talked about, say that Trump is more likely going to get his vote. I don't know if he's actually endorsed him or said specifically, but.
Speaker 3: She has.
Speaker 2: She has to do something to try to pull male voters period.
Speaker 1: I don't think Obama talking about black men not voting for her went over very well.
Speaker 4: No, no, I don't.
Speaker 2: I mean, maybe that's why they saw that and said, well, we got to do better than that.
Speaker 1: And there's some pulling that black men voters Democrats or black men who consider themselves Democrat, abortion, gender equality, it's all very low on their list of things that they want.
Speaker 4: To hear about. Yeah, so, I mean maybe that's I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know how she claws back those guys in the next two weeks, two and a half weeks. Whatever, it is, all right, there's a weird thing going on. We're being attacked by drones. But is it an attack or is it just sort of poke the bear to see how the bear reacts.
Speaker 4: Are these friendly drones or non friendly drones? I have no idea, We have no ida.
Speaker 1: Also a story of survival later this hour, We love a story of survival.
Speaker 4: Fatuye on a boat.
Speaker 1: Guy wakes up at sea with two dead relatives next to him, but he survived.
Speaker 4: Yeah, probably because he was a fat Probably.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Have you heard about these new rules for going to the bathroom at Edison High School in Huntington Beach.
Speaker 4: Is this where you have to scan a QR code?
Speaker 2: Yes, Now, there's some discussion about the have to part of that, but students must. There are instructions on how students document when they're leaving the classroom, and students and I'm sure their parents are probably a little worried about the school is tracking them or keeping an eye on how long they're in the bathroom, et cetera. Huntington Beach High School asked students to scan a QR code posted in the classrooms if they're leaving for various reasons, the nurse library, wellness space, or the restroom.
Speaker 1: Why do we have a wellness space? I would like a wellness space around here to feel well.
Speaker 4: We don't have the space. We don't have the square footage for it. We have a lot. We have nothing but space. Oh why can't Oh that's funny that you mentioned we don't have lactation rooms.
Speaker 2: Students were asked to limit the time out of the classroom to seven minutes, and then they could scan the same QR code upon re entering the classroom. The principal says it's not a strict policy, just a guideline. Not all teachers have even requested that students do this.
Speaker 4: Embarrassing.
Speaker 2: Students were suggested to limit themselves to three bathroom passes per day. I would, I would, I would guess my entire high school career, I had five bathroom visits during class.
Speaker 1: Not a place I wanted to go, right, And it was only to do drugs or something.
Speaker 4: Right, you can't do drugs anymore. Kids. You can't look at.
Speaker 1: Those kids who in Aby's news who took the marijuana gummies and now they're all sick.
Speaker 2: But I'd love to hear what people think about this because I don't know, especially if our teacher should be in school right now, but if teachers are listening, I'd love to know what what's the thinking on this.
Speaker 4: That well, I mean kids, just to generally discourage people from leaving class. There's no discipline in the schools anymore.
Speaker 1: And you can't get on kids for going to the bathroom and coming back twenty two minutes later.
Speaker 4: But if there's proof that the kid.
Speaker 1: Didn't come back for twenty two minutes, you could probably take that kid to task, or at least they can have a conversation at the wellness center or with a counselor or whoever.
Speaker 4: I know that's what it is.
Speaker 1: If you're that discipline, there's no way of like kid leaves for a class. It's not like when we were in school, right and you know we left the go to the bathroom. When we came back on these teachers like where the hell were you? It's eight minutes. What the hell were you doing for eight minutes.
Speaker 2: I just feel like the kid who's going to break that rule is not going to scan their QR code before they go to the bathroom, probably the wellness space or whatever. There is something going on, and I am surprised to know that the military can do nothing about it.
Speaker 1: I was shocked. That was the shocking thing for me. Okay, so apparently there was a suspicious fleet of drones flying over Langley, and this happened for several nights. They didn't know if it was hobbyists or China or Russia could not tell. And the shock of the matter is that federal law prohibits the military from shooting down drones near bases unless they pose an imminent threat. Now, how the hell are you supposed to know a drone poses an imminent threat if.
Speaker 4: You don't shoot it down, I don't know. You don't know where it came from.
Speaker 2: And the law supposedly is because Langley Air Force Base, as an example, is in a pretty highly populated area. If they shoot this thing down and it's going one hundred miles an hour, the wreckage is going to fall on the neighborhood. Somewhere, or kids playing soccer. I don't know, something like that. That's the thinking of it. So at this point they have no idea if it's about last year at about this time, they have no idea how or why these drones were making these incursions over Langley Air Force Base.
Speaker 4: There was also one.
Speaker 2: An incursion of drones that flew over the Nevada test site. You know what that is. That's where we test our nuclear weapons. And why in the world would we care who is looking at us the former Nevada proving grounds because they always want to find out information about us. At this point, the military says they still do not know. They don't know who operated the drones over there in the Chesapeake Bay area. They don't know who operated the drones in Nevada. And they said that this illustrates what is a dilemma when it comes to defending against drones on US soil. They shooting down a suspicious aircraft over the United States, think Chinese balloon risks disrupting or endangering the lives of Americans that the military has sworn to protect. So now what they have to do is go to the Secretary of Defense and ask for some more rules and more tools to figure out what these drones are. Is there a way to surveil them electronically and figure out where their signals are coming from, to see if they have cameras on them, and then at one at some point eventually shoot them down or capture them.
Speaker 1: A story of survival upon our return. A Russian man rescued after surviving for more than two months in a tiny inflatable boat.
Speaker 4: Well, the story is terrifying me. We know the other guys died. Did he eat them? Maybe?
Speaker 3: Where?
Speaker 4: Did you see that he was fat? His wife said he was fat? Wow?
Speaker 1: Fat shaming your husband when he just survived for two months in the ocean.
Speaker 4: Well, he lost some weight out there in the ocean.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 4: Gary, you made me spit out my coffee. That was so funny you and talking.
Speaker 3: About dancing around Shannon as she fell flopped on the floor.
Speaker 4: Wow, I could see it.
Speaker 3: Man, you'd be having a good old time.
Speaker 4: I would let me clear, hang on one second, rother So that's a different accounting than this two percent.
Speaker 2: So if you fell down, I would not dance around you.
Speaker 4: You dance on top of my dying body.
Speaker 2: No, no, uh near near I would say near, but I wouldn't dance around it.
Speaker 4: That'd be silly. I would want to do that.
Speaker 1: I still think it's very hurtful. Why, because you should be giving your medical treatment. You should be going to the defibrillator.
Speaker 4: You're assuming that I haven't already gotten the defibrillator using it, you're dancing.
Speaker 2: Maybe there's a lot of people here that are more qualified to take care of you healthwise.
Speaker 4: I don't think so. Just checking for sure. I can Donald Trump vote for himself or not as a fella?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Thanks, New York is where he was convicted. As long as he's not incarcerated, he can vote. If he votes in Florida. Florida basically defers to whatever state the conviction came from. So yes, as long as he's not in jail, he can he can vote for himself.
Speaker 4: Well, we're talking about the story of survival.
Speaker 1: This Russian man rescued in the stormy see of a Kotsik after for surviving for more than two months in this tiny inflatable boat that it lost its engine power. You argued it was because he was fat and I'm gonna push I'm gonna push back on that.
Speaker 4: I didn't say it's because it definitely helped.
Speaker 1: He wasn't fat, though. They say when he was rescued he weighed about one hundred and ten pounds. That he loved half, it says pounds and CBS News.
Speaker 4: Well they brought they blew it because if he was one hundred and ten pounds and he had lost half his bind, he weighs fifty five pounds.
Speaker 1: No, no, he he weighed at least one hundred and he weighed about one hundred and ten pounds when he was found. He had lost half of his body weight, So that puts him at two twenty when he got on the boat. That's not fat.
Speaker 2: Okay, well let me okay, So here's here's the reason. I said that his wife had said his bulk saved him.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, two twenties not thin, but it's not obese.
Speaker 4: No, no fat. I didn't say obese.
Speaker 1: Do you think that this is one of those wives that gets on him about like every little thing he eats and he is lost his sea for two months and she's like, yeah, it's his bulk that saved him. Like just to drive in the knife a little bit more like you're so fat you were lost at sea for two months.
Speaker 4: That that's why I don't let you have the pastries.
Speaker 1: So they set on a journey in August to watch whales in this sea. This guy, his forty nine year old brother and fifteen year old nephew. They didn't make it. The engine died. They had taken enough food with them for about two weeks, as well as warm clothes, life jackets, flares about five gallons of water, but when that engine failed.
Speaker 4: They were left adrift.
Speaker 1: It's the coldest sea in East Asia, and it's known for its gales.
Speaker 4: The akotsik kotsk a hot skick that sounded like it hurt. It did.
Speaker 2: Mikhyle Pitchugen is the guy's name, and transport officials now in Russia are suggesting that he may have violated safety rules and that he could face a criminal charge and even a prison sentence of up to seven years.
Speaker 1: They don't play in Russia. There's no restorative justice.
Speaker 2: Mikyle told the fisherman who rescued him that his nephew died in early September, after which the brothers spent about three weeks together on the boat, and they began to get bed sores from sitting so long. As brother tried to wash himself and fell into the water. Mikyle retrieved him, but he says he died soon after.
Speaker 4: We've seen all the movies.
Speaker 1: You go bats crazy when you're lost at sea, right, how do you not?
Speaker 4: How do you not? Especially if it's your brother there? You got to talk to your brother for three weeks?
Speaker 1: Oh man, Actually, my brother's probably the only person in the world that I could handle for three weeks.
Speaker 2: For three weeks, the guy Mikyle tied his brother's body and his nephew's body to the boat to prevent them from falling into.
Speaker 4: The choppy waters. Well, that was nice of him.
Speaker 2: Hung their life jackets on the side of the boat in an attempt to attract attention.
Speaker 1: I wonder if there's going to be a money angle, like one of the brothers owed the other brother's money or it.
Speaker 2: Was actually he was actually three brothers and a nephew that started on the trip.
Speaker 4: What happened to the other brother?
Speaker 1: Like, it's not a crazy enough story, let's add some icing on it.
Speaker 4: Do that a true crime Tuesday? What happened to the other brother?
Speaker 2: All right, Hey, a big announcement tomorrow apparently from the La County DA's office regarding the Menendez brothers, to the point where the family has been asked by George Gascoon to attend this news conference. Can you please not ignore the fact that election day is November fifth.
Speaker 1: That's all I hear when you say exactly the DA has asked the family of the Menendez brothers to be at the well. Which family members It's a good question, because some family members are on their sides, some or not right.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about that when we come back. You've been listening to the Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.