Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, good morning.
Speaker 2: This is Ed McMahon. I now, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 3: He.
Speaker 2: Right right, yes, sir, let's do the damn thing. Wake you wake your hands off.
Speaker 4: Snake date rod Ryan showed checking in on this three Beer Friday. Thank you to our friend Specs hooking us up with the beers straight up at six, seven.
Speaker 3: Eight nine.
Speaker 2: You got a chance to win a case of beer to get started for this.
Speaker 4: Weekend, this amazing football weekend.
Speaker 5: Hey, we have on tap. I cannot wait.
Speaker 2: I remember sitting here on Monday saying we can't wait till this moment.
Speaker 4: This moment is here. Okay, we got four hours with you and we'll turn you loose. Hello Jerry going for win number two, fresh out of bad Head to head challenge Ghost tickets in homeroom this morning.
Speaker 5: You'll win them.
Speaker 4: The fun fact flashback Coh Cambrie tickets go on sale today. We'll hook you up at seven twenty with the last pair before they go on sale through Ticketmaster locations. Poppa Roach Rise Against tickets on sale. We'll hook you up with the Rise of the Roach tour at A twenty this morning. I was just about to say open phones Friday, they're excited.
Speaker 2: We'll take your calls all nine o'clock hour long, and then we'll leave you with some Buzzfest tickets.
Speaker 4: Weather it's going to be a big story today. Today's gonna be awesome. By the way, cloudy sky's ten percent chance of rain, hives sixty eight, cold front moving in.
Speaker 5: You know all of that.
Speaker 4: We're going to talk about that today on the show. Good Morning Alex, Hey, Let's get after it.
Speaker 2: Winner Houston's headline, good Morning, Rag Morning, Home Room.
Speaker 6: The lineup for the fire Aid benefit cons there we were talking about supporting La wildfire relief has finally been announced. It includes some of music's biggest acts like the Red Hot, Chili Peppers, Billie Eilish, Green Day, Jelly Roll, Lady Gaga, and many many more, and they're expected to continue to add people to this bill as days go on. They'll take place on January thirties, so next Thursday, at the Kia Forum and the Intuit Dome in La. Fans worldwide can stream the show and donate through multiple platforms like Apple Music, Netflix, and Prime Video. It'll also be broadcast on eight hundred and sixty iHeartRadio stations. Tickets for the concert go on sale Wednesday. The Chevron Houston Marathon is this Sunday. Temperatures are expected to be in the forties for the marathon. Some street closings that you should be aware of because of all of this. Congress from Crawford to Smith Street, Franklin from Smith to Washington Avenue in Washington from Congress to Wall.
Speaker 2: Parents, do you have a favorite child?
Speaker 7: Rod?
Speaker 2: I know you do because you only have one. I also do because I only have one. Makes it easy that you have a favorite kid. Parents of multiple children, do you have a favorite child?
Speaker 6: Because a study looked at over nineteen thousand parents and determine that they do you treat certain children differently. Not one hundred percent true on all of these things, but some interesting takeaways from the study. Mothers tend to favor their daughters, while father's favorite sons. Parents tend to favorite children who take responsibility. Agreeable children are also more likely to be favored, and birth order is another factor. Whether or not it's you like the first kid more or the last kid more, It depends, but not always. But those are just some determining factors into this. So let my sister let us know if you got the favorite kid.
Speaker 4: My sister is my mom's favorite, no doubt about that. Parents have multiple children. Our pole question, do you have a favorite our audience eighty three percent say no, sixteen percent say yeah.
Speaker 2: Chili was always my mom's favorite.
Speaker 6: President like Donald Trump, his name is Sylvester Stallone, Mel Gibson and John Voight as his special ambassadors to Hollywood. His goal is to bring business that has been lost to foreign countries back to the US. Trump said, quote, these three very talented people will be.
Speaker 2: My eyes and ears. I will get done what they suggest.
Speaker 6: It'll be like the United States of America itself, the golden age of Hollywood.
Speaker 2: Okay, hell yeah, dude. Those are strong supporters of Trump for.
Speaker 6: The first time in seven years. There's a new Mumford and Sun's album on the way. It's called Rushmere and it's the band's fifth full length album. It'll be released March twenty eighth. The first single, rush Mirror, is out today. We're gonna have that for you at about eight twenty today. It'll be the band's first album as a trio after the banjo player Winston Marshall left the group back in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 2: I am very excited. Listen to this. This is a little bit of a we'll hear at eight twenty though.
Speaker 6: All right, okay, wait is the Divisional Round of the NFL Playoffs.
Speaker 2: It's finally here.
Speaker 6: Textan's gonna get things started tomorrow when they play Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs on the road. They're eight point underdogs in that one. That'll kick off at three thirty and you can watch it on ESPN and ABC. Other Divisional round games this weekend. Tomorrow Lions take on the Commanders at seven, and then on Sunday at two it'll be Rams at Eagles and at five thirty rod Ryans Bills hosts the Race Evans. The best weekend for football all year. Get your popcorn ready? Yeah, dude, I can't wait. And basketball rockets full of the Kings. Last night seven lost into their five game winning streak. They're still the second best team in the Western Conference right now. They're gonna have a day off today before they played the Trailblazers tomorrow night in Portland.
Speaker 2: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 4: Let's go guys, Let's go free beer Friday. First phone call is gonna be our first beer winner today. The most interactive show on.
Speaker 2: The radio starts right now. Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: You got free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free BAM Friday, Free Bam Friday. And right free Bam Friday and Bam Friday. Andyree Bam Friday.
Speaker 2: Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Good Hornory. Hello. Who's the Eddie?
Speaker 1: Eddie?
Speaker 2: Eddie? You want a case of beer?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: Would you get Eddie a case of beer?
Speaker 2: Please? A whole case? Yeah, yes, a whole one. Just ma'am. He's not ordering one beer, the whole case. All right, Eddie, I got a case of beer for you.
Speaker 4: Man, it's yours, it's your Oh, thank you, bro, thank you, thanks for being a part of the show. Appreciate you being up so early with us. What are you doing up so early, Eddie?
Speaker 8: Dumping to work right now?
Speaker 5: What do you do?
Speaker 8: I'm a designer?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, what are you designing today?
Speaker 8: Pressure vessels?
Speaker 2: Let me get you trainers.
Speaker 4: You're like a super smart designer. Guy, I get it. You've probably been working hard, probably deserve a case of beer. Where are you from?
Speaker 8: Stafford?
Speaker 4: Okay, on the board, Stafford on the beer board today, Eddie I want you to have a great weekend. Are you getting involved in any of these football games that are on this weekend?
Speaker 8: I might catch second game? Got about that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I gotcha.
Speaker 8: I can't wait.
Speaker 4: I can't wait, Eddie, have an awesome weekend. Thank you for being in homeroom.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 4: I hope you're designed today? Is the best design you've ever designed?
Speaker 2: Design?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Like, oh my god, that's the greatest design I've ever designed. I've ever seen anything in this game.
Speaker 4: I think it's because I was on the Rod Ryan Show this morning. Got me extra designing. That's one case down. I've got a case for you straight up at seven, eight and nine. Hello Jerry, going for win number two, fresh out of bed. Head to head Challenge Ghost tickets in Homeroom Flashback. Got some new fun facts for you today. Coheed and Cambria tickets go on sale today at ten o'clock. We've got our last win them before they go on sale at seven twenty. Taking back Sunday on that bill, Papa Roach Rise against tickets at eight twenty.
Speaker 5: Open phones Friday.
Speaker 4: Don't think we're not going to give you a chance to one thousand dollars alternative income that's still in there. That'll be sandwiched in open phones at nine to ten. We'll leave you with Buzzfest tickets. Do you real quick? I know your headline today and it is the headline the you think the concert is worthy of? The the la fires, the fire aid lineup. I mean we said that, Yeah, we said nobody would say no to this. It's you can get the biggest names in music today.
Speaker 6: It's got literally something for everybody on it. Like no matter what you really you're into, unless you're into like bluegrass, yeah, you're probably gonna be pretty happy with somebody on that lineup.
Speaker 4: Not a lot of metal, Not a lot of the metal, all right, Billie Eilish, Green Day, Gwen, Gwen Stefani, Jelly Roll, Joni Mitchell's, Super Old School, Katie Perry, Lady Gaga, Little Baby Pink, Chili Pepper's, Rod Stewart, Sting, Stephen Still's you know him from Crosby Stills in Nash. Maybe you don't know him. Stevie Nicks. I know you're a fan. Tate McCrae. I was surprised, and again, this is a California lineup. Not everybody has to be from California. Dave Matthews and John May are going to perform together for the first time. That's pretty cool. Yesterday they announced Earth, Wind and Fire. I thought that was a little odd. Wind and Fire. Yeah, I'm not saying that they're not a legendary band. It's just there's gonna be a there's a punchline there that right you itself.
Speaker 6: Earth's been in fire there, and you take away some of the power from the actual wind and the actual fire that's caused in the destruction.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're not scared of you. Maybe that's it.
Speaker 4: The full fire aid lineup and everything and where you can watch this thing because it is going to be a live telethon. It's gonna be streaming on multiple YouTube and Twitch channels. It's going down January twenty fourth, So we've got that for you on links and guests.
Speaker 5: We'll get into it. We'll talk a little weather today too.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's gonna get super cold until, like Martin Luther, we're gonna be here on Monday. We're working on Monday, so we don't have a long weekend. Some of you are getting amped up and ready for a long weekend. That's great, that's awesome. I'm happy for you. We'll talk about like when we're gonna s some of this cold temperatures rolling in.
Speaker 5: But today today's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 4: Ten percent chance of Ring Cloud's guys HIGs of around sixty eight. But we'll get into the rest of the weekend coming up as well as what's trending, and we'll get set up for the fresh out of bad Head to.
Speaker 3: Head Houston, Houston's alternative and.
Speaker 9: Home at the rod Ryan Morning shown the bus Alternative.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we are welcome back everybody in good morning, home room. I'm glad you're starting your day off with us. Enjoy the weather today, friends. Okay, this is gonna be the warmest day we've got left before. This arctic cold front is gonna.
Speaker 2: Start kind of poking around even.
Speaker 5: As soon as tomorrow morning.
Speaker 4: It's gonna warm up again tomorrow, but this freeze line is gonna push into parts of Houston Sunday morning. That's not that's cold.
Speaker 5: For those runners.
Speaker 4: Okay, we got the Houston Chevron Marathon sunshine on Sunday with warm temperatures thirty and forties.
Speaker 2: Then talking the pipes and the pipe.
Speaker 4: Bursting and all of that stuff. I'm not saying it's going to happen, but Monday and Tuesday from mid to upper twenties, they're.
Speaker 2: Talking like that. Yeah, like that's looking ahead. Today's gonna be a beautiful day.
Speaker 4: I'll say that.
Speaker 6: What's trending? Bob Yucker, he's training. This happened like right as the show ended yesterday. But the longtime Milwaukee Brewers broadcaster, you remember him from Major League just a bit outside best call ever, he was in some iconic Miller like commercials just pretty much all around loved.
Speaker 4: So the yesterday and those Miller like commercials are really old. But the other classic line is, oh, I must be in the front row. Yeah, and then it was him up in the upper decks. Yeah, you know, not kidding. It was almost like a Rodney Dangerfield didn't get respect type of thing.
Speaker 2: There was almost that's exactly what it was.
Speaker 4: But he was but he he wasn't a great baseball player, and he's not in the Hall of Fame, but he's recognized by the Hall of Fame broadcasters an amazing ambassador for the game.
Speaker 6: Absolutely fire aid also training. We've talked about that quite a bit in the short amount of time we've been on air this morning, Red Hot Till the Papers, Billie Eilish, Green Day, Jelly Roll. That's going down on a concert next Thursday in LA. You're gonna hear it on OVERRA eight one hundred and sixty iHeartRadio stations.
Speaker 2: But we'll be talking about that all morning.
Speaker 6: And then also trending is Mel Gibson because he and Sylvester Salona John Boy were named ambassadors to Hollywood by Donald Trump. Did you know that they were ambassadors Hollywood? I was to day years old when I found No.
Speaker 4: I don't think there was such a thing. I mean, this kid Rock, the ambassador of rock.
Speaker 2: Now, oh he might be ambassador to rock and roll. That'd be cool. It's birthday today, that's what's training on night. Befy the Bus. Happy birthday kid.
Speaker 5: Happy birthday kid, Rock fifty four today.
Speaker 4: All right, let's go.
Speaker 8: Good morning everybody.
Speaker 10: This is a three time Hall of Famer.
Speaker 11: Hello, Jerry, I am your fresh out of bed head to head one day champion. I really not like all the one pump chump talk, so it ain't gonna.
Speaker 8: Happen to me. All right, Join me on beer Friday.
Speaker 11: When I make it win number two.
Speaker 4: Bitch is hello all right seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 5: If you think you can beat them the.
Speaker 2: Run Ryan Show on ninety four five, come.
Speaker 8: Come home.
Speaker 12: Ninety four to five to bus disturbed down with the sickness.
Speaker 4: I'm awake now, I am definitely awake. Now welcome aboard on this free here Friday.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 5: We have an awesome day on tap today.
Speaker 2: Let's just focus on that.
Speaker 4: Nothing over a ten per cent chance of rain clouds, guys, hies up around sixty eight and it's gonna warm up in the sixties tomorrow again. Then it starts to get cold, okay, and Sunday morning.
Speaker 2: Cold out there, man. Good luck to all your runners with the marathon this weekend. Let's play a.
Speaker 13: Game, and now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge.
Speaker 4: Listeners to your corners.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy. Yeah. Did you say don't off the area yesterday? That the board and the equipment has been working well during this train good vibes in the studio.
Speaker 6: I was like, hey, thanks studio for being awesome so far this year, all right, and it's like f you, Alex, let me see if I can fire this.
Speaker 2: Hello, Okay I did. Hello, Jerry, good morning.
Speaker 8: Riding.
Speaker 2: Sounds sounds like you had enough. Oh yeah, hell is in here? Sounds like you've had enough of this one pump chump stuff. Yeah I have Okay, Okay, he's.
Speaker 4: Not playing anyody tough or anything like that, right, just last year's champion, Adam the Cop.
Speaker 2: Welcome back, Get.
Speaker 8: Get out of here.
Speaker 4: What a Friday game, Jerry, you ever in the history do you have any history playing Adam the Cop?
Speaker 8: I've never played at him?
Speaker 2: No kidding, Adam, Good morning and good morning.
Speaker 8: It ain't gonna be an easy one.
Speaker 4: Jerry really killed it yesterday.
Speaker 5: Okay, you won the whole thing last year.
Speaker 2: You to me all year last year. Yeah, Now I got to carry that over one more year. Adam the Cop. Hello, Jerry, shout out your name when you think you know the answer.
Speaker 12: Let's just play it the good look, Jerry, Good luck, Adam.
Speaker 4: It's for Gary Clark Junior Tickets March first, seventy to three Music Hall. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer, Alex, I mean I know you listen every morning.
Speaker 2: I need you listening on top of your listening I am.
Speaker 4: Okay, I need you listening.
Speaker 2: I'll never listen more than I've listened right now, Okay, I need you the most listening you've ever been.
Speaker 4: Question number one, Jerry and Adams, what you're listening for?
Speaker 5: Who painted the mona?
Speaker 2: Lisa? Adam da Vinci, Leonardo da Vinci, Adam on the board?
Speaker 4: That was clean too, that was clean? It was he was in their way before Jerry. Jerry stepping out for me. Here we go.
Speaker 5: Question number two? Which country is home?
Speaker 2: Jerry? Jerry laying it out there, go for it.
Speaker 8: I was gonna say snakes, but we'll go.
Speaker 2: United States. I know you like snakes, weirdo like I don't really like snakes. Like the answers.
Speaker 4: You just lost the game for Jerry and you and your dump snakes, Adam the cop.
Speaker 5: Which country is home to the kangaroo.
Speaker 8: Australia?
Speaker 4: It is?
Speaker 2: It is?
Speaker 8: And that was much kay, Jerry. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to go.
Speaker 14: I can't.
Speaker 8: I can give up the day and not call him no matter who it is.
Speaker 2: Jerry one pump.
Speaker 5: All right, Jerry, we got to say goodbye to you, Adam.
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 4: It's time for.
Speaker 2: Us to get a Hall of Famer.
Speaker 8: Yeah you're saying, I mean yeah, no, I think I'm be right.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, there's been this weird thing of one pump chumps going on.
Speaker 5: For sure.
Speaker 4: You've got the Gary Clark Junior tickets. We're invite. We're gonna be here Monday. We're working Monday. Can you play?
Speaker 8: Yes, sir, I'll be here.
Speaker 2: Okay, So yeah, we're gonna be here for MLK Day.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, here you go, Adam the coopp is doing the same old things he did last year.
Speaker 2: Going five ninety four or five the bus. Good morning, rod Ryan's show.
Speaker 4: Offspring pre beer Frauday, and get another case of beer coming up for you. We had Stafford representing with Eddie on that first case.
Speaker 2: We'll go at seven and we'll go straight up at eight. We'll go straight up.
Speaker 4: At nine o'clock for your free beers. Thank you to our friends' specs. I got ghost tickets coming up for you. I got some new fun facts for you today. But man, we got to bring our champion in. Let me try to do.
Speaker 13: This fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 2: Here he is goodnny. This is that on the top your rummy French out of bed head to head tampions back in the game, looking to finally get us a Hall of Famer in there.
Speaker 15: Sorry, Jerry, I know you're retired at one pump Chumps, but I am too, so I had.
Speaker 8: To make you once so I can get in there and get.
Speaker 15: In the Hall of Fame and become the first back to back fresh out of bed head.
Speaker 2: The head champion. Okay, joined me on Monday. He's not done yet. There's a number two.
Speaker 4: He does not want my assistance. He wants to do these on his owns.
Speaker 2: I like that about it.
Speaker 4: But he's always a champion want but he gets so amped up for these games, and then when it comes time to the victory speeches, he's like, I don't know what happens. He just wants to do it on his own. Hey, the guy won the whole thing last year. He could do whatever he wants.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go.
Speaker 4: It's the that to the day.
Speaker 2: We make you look smart and funny.
Speaker 13: Here, Buddy's it's the fuck that to the day.
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 4: Hey, hell, good morning brother, good morning, hell. I did do a little extra work on this this morning.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank the Lord.
Speaker 5: Because.
Speaker 4: I learned this morning that the shortest war in history was the UK versus zan the Bar August twenty seventh. August twenty seventh, eighteen ninety six. Zanzibar surrendered after thirty eight minutes.
Speaker 5: Smart about it quick, Well, I got.
Speaker 4: A guy like Hall over here, who's gonna go hold on there, Yankee dandy, doodle dandy.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's exactly what i'd say. That's just like him.
Speaker 4: The battle at San Jacento was eighteen minutes long, so I know I'm gonna have like overly aggressive battle, not a war.
Speaker 5: Okay, thank you, Alex See, I knew I'm gonna have.
Speaker 2: Overly aggressive Texas guys, melicitary technique. The battle at.
Speaker 4: San Jacento was eighteen minutes April twenty first, eighteen thirty six, the final battle of the Texas Revolution. Battle is part of a war. War is a series of battles.
Speaker 2: So when I say won the battle, not the war, I.
Speaker 4: Go the extra mile for you guys.
Speaker 8: Thank you, all right, thank you.
Speaker 2: Steve Gutenberg.
Speaker 4: The goot minute of Baby, three minutes of Baby, Police Academy, Okay, all the police academies. He had huge competition to be the Star of Police Academy. Other actors who auditioned Bruce Willis wanted it. Judge Reinhold, Michael Keaton, and Tom Hanks all tried out for that role, and they went with the goot. Final fun fact for you guys today, I hope you like these. This is scary female cockroaches. They can reproduce on their own if no dude cockroaches are around, that's neat.
Speaker 2: How do you tell the difference anyway? I don't know.
Speaker 5: They don't ask check cockroaches.
Speaker 4: Don't even need dude cockroaches to keep the cockroaches going.
Speaker 16: It's the fuck that to the day we make you look smart.
Speaker 7: To the day.
Speaker 4: Put the work today, hall, I put in the work today. Okay, we are giving away ghost tickets. I'll get a sixteenth Toyota Center.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you liked that one.
Speaker 4: I'm glad you like okay.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 4: I told you about three actors yesterday that were raised by their grandmother, but was told that that person was their mother. Their actual mother was their sister. They were told that they were their sister. I know you're still wrapping your head around this. So yesterday, this guy raised by his grandmother thought that was his mom. Later found out his actual mom was his sister. Okay, now we got this. I told you about three people that that I know off the top of my head that had this happen. I don't know these people, famous people. Seven one three, two one two five nine four five. It's now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain Cash. Okay, there's my guy right there, Captain Cash. How do you do on Wall Street?
Speaker 2: Yesterday?
Speaker 17: Gave a little back. Yesterday the Dow was down sixty eight points. Kick off this morning at forty three thy one hundred and fifty three. NASTAC down one hundred and seventy two to nineteen thouy three hundred and thirty eight bench mark ting Your treasury is trading at a four point five eight percent in oil stance as seventy eight dollars ninety one cents a barrel to the most actives, the big studs Johnson and Johnson, Boeing, and Caterpillar. The big duds United Health, Apple, and Navidia. On the economic calendar, this morning, we'll get numbers on housing starts, also building permits for December. Right now, futures looking pretty good. They're on the upside. Hang on to this via pause opening right here on Wall Street. That's it, Men of this is howl in manage your director with Ramon James. We're putting for the right Ryan Show from Raymon James on Stanefully Ben Agusta and don't get toys or rock out with your stock out.
Speaker 9: Amian's expressed those of aland and not necessarily those are Raymon James and associates. Income Ever, nat as, IBC, IART Radio or A sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmits and we'll continue if this is not a solicitation offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your m This programs are an educational and informational services. One the sts of duds are based on movement as reported by Young The Finance.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five, The Buzz.
Speaker 4: Welcome back Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: It's your fussac.
Speaker 8: Sure is.
Speaker 1: Chill.
Speaker 2: He's got me Tyler here, Tyler. Hey, how's it going, mister Rudd?
Speaker 4: It's going okay, dude, welcome to the fun Fact flashback. I told you about three celebrities two that I knew of one that I just learned yesterday. Raised by their grandmother, told that that was their mom, and their actual mother was told their whole life that it was their sister.
Speaker 5: I know it's confusing.
Speaker 4: Give me, give me a name.
Speaker 2: Jamie FOXX, Jamie FOXX, Jimmy.
Speaker 4: Fox had that happen to him. His mother was actually his sister, and who thought was his mother was his grandmother. Bobby Darren and Jack Nicholson. I found out yesterday that was the one that I learned yesterday. Dude, you just won the fun fact laugh back for people's messed up family life. We're gonna send you to ghost that should straighten everything out.
Speaker 2: Alrighty awesome, dude.
Speaker 8: I've been waiting to see him for years.
Speaker 2: Yeah me too.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna finally break down and go see them. I've never seen them live, and I heard it's a hell of a show. August sixteenth, Toyota Center, Tyler, I'll be there with you, Okay, all right, thank you, brother, Have.
Speaker 5: A great weekend. Ninety four five.
Speaker 2: The bus is everywhere you are, ay, come on get it.
Speaker 4: Ninety four to five the bus, slimp biscuit and break stuff. Good morning, rod Ryan's show. On this free Beer Friday, we're about to give away another case of beer coming up in just a bit.
Speaker 5: Eddie from Stafford got that first case.
Speaker 4: Thank you Specs for coming back on board with us for twenty twenty five and allowing us to give you guys the beer each and every hour. Coheed tickets taking back Sunday. Those go on sale today. We'll hook you up at around seven to twenty. Weather is the big story. Today's going to be an awesome day. Today is gonna be awesome. You don't got to worry about wpping pipes or anything like that, but it's a good day to wrap your pipes to get ready for this freeze and this this Siberian air it's gonna be rolling through.
Speaker 2: Today's kind of the last really nice day.
Speaker 4: The stuff where they're talking about possible I'm not trying to cause any panic. Possible pipe bursting and all that stuff. It's on the table because, like I said, that air is coming all the way from Siberia and low temperatures will be bottoming out in this area. It could get down to the twenties in Houston Monday and Tuesday mornings. So they said even in the teens moving ahead on Wednesday. I know that's looking way ahead. I'm just saying today's gonna be awesome. Tomorrow looks like it's gonna pretty good. It's gonna be cold in the morning, especially for your runners out there. Good luck on the Chevron Houston Marathon. Wishing you all the best and be safe out there. And you're just better than me. I guess you're just you're running. You're just better than me. Yeah, a marathon, It's wrong with you. Awix has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 2: Well, good morning Rod, Good morning home Room.
Speaker 6: The lineup for the fire Aid benefit we've been talking about all week supporting La wildfire relief, it's finally been announced.
Speaker 2: It includes some music's biggest acts.
Speaker 6: Like Billie Eilish, The Red Hot, Chili Pepper's Green Day, Jelly Roll, Lady Gaga, and many many more. It'll take place on January thirtieth, next Thursday, at the Kia Forma in the Intuit Dome in LA. Fans worldwide can stream the show and donate through multiple platforms like Apple Music, Netflix in Prime Video. It'll also be broadcast on eight hundred and sixty iHeartRadio stations. Tickets for the concert go on sale Wednesday. The Biden administration does not make it does not have any plans to take action to enforce that TikTok band that's set to go in place on Sunday. They say that their views are that TikTok should continue to operate under American ownership, but that they're going to leave implementation of that to the incoming Trump administration.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 6: It looks like TikTok Mico dark, but they might not. I'm not really sure what that means. I will stay on Sunday.
Speaker 4: I still say you're gonna have tick. We're gonna be here on Monday. You can bank my words. TikTok's gonna be around the ticking and talking.
Speaker 2: I think so.
Speaker 6: Progresso is selling cough drops that taste just like chicken noodle soup.
Speaker 5: That's gross.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man.
Speaker 6: They immediately sold out when they put them on sale online, but they're gonna be making and selling two more batches the next two days or the next two thursdays. They're called soup drops, and they're not medicated in any way, so technically they're being marketed as soup flavored candy. You can get twenty soup drops for two dollars and forty nine cents, and you're also gonna get a can of actual chicken noodle soup with your order. Progresso's press release says, when you're sick, nothing is truly more reassuring than chicken noodle soup.
Speaker 2: So we thought, why stop at the bowl? I like that idea. That's a little gross. I would try them. I'm not saying I'd love them, but I would try them. I like the idea behind it. Headlining the food blog page today, we lost a couple of legends. Yesterday.
Speaker 6: Director David Lynch passed away after battling emphysema.
Speaker 2: He was seventy eight. Lynch is known for his work in Dune, Twin Peaks, Blue Velvet, her Head, and many more.
Speaker 4: I never ever watched even one episode of Twin Peaks, and it was kind of a big deal.
Speaker 5: Everyone was talking about it.
Speaker 4: It's old.
Speaker 2: It's like an all time great to a lot of people.
Speaker 4: Though, yeah, I never even watched an episode. But David Lynch was just this weirdo kind of guy, you know. It was yeah, and those that worked with him just said that, you know the word genius was thrown around with him.
Speaker 6: We also lost broadcaster Bob Yucker to lung cancer. He was a longtime broadcaster for the Milwaukee Brewers. He was also featured in the movie Major League, as well as the iconic Miller like beer commercials.
Speaker 2: Rest in peace to both of those legends. Russi is Alex.
Speaker 6: Livestin is not interested in a Rush reunion, even though he jams with Geddy Lee every single week.
Speaker 2: I did not know that, But that's pretty cool. Like you're like, do you want to still get together in jam? Like we're not gonna play, but like you wanna hang out? Did you play this specific Rush song?
Speaker 4: Because if I love you man, because you love the movie on you love the movie I love you man? And this is whereas up there like this all the time, Paul Rudd is trying to introduce his girlfriend to the band Rush.
Speaker 2: Shut up and.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 4: So Alex Leifson doesn't want.
Speaker 5: To put in another drummer and just go out there and be a tribute.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he thinks that putting a new version of the band together without drummer Neil Peart would just be it wouldn't be the same.
Speaker 2: Magic.
Speaker 6: Peart passed me five years ago, and he says that he'd rather be remembered for that legacy than returning as what he calls a top Rush tribute band, which I mean, I always kind of felt like it is a little bit of a tribute band, but like you still get the experience of the band.
Speaker 2: Maybe not the full band, but if you let like like Alex Loveson can still go off, you know, and you.
Speaker 6: Still have the same Yeah, yeah, yeah, I get what he's saying, because like if you're like, I don't know, it's not going to be the same.
Speaker 4: But it's also worked before Neil Peart was one of those John Bonham type guys that the drummer was so important to the band. Implicated that they just said, I mean, it's not that people can't play what Neil Peart did, right, you can now, Okay, not the same way, but they just don't feel like they feel like that was such an important ingredient.
Speaker 2: I don't know Indians every way, I'm sure just mourning this new stuff. But those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 6: What you got going on in sport, Well, it's the divisional round of the NFL playoffs this weekend. The Texans are gonna get it started tomorrow when they take on Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs up in Kansas City. They're eight point underdogs heading into that game. That'll kick off at three thirty. You can watch it on ESPN and ABC. Some other Divisional round games this weekend. Tomorrow night, Lions take on the Commanders at seven. The Sunday at two o'clock, it's Rams at Eagles. And the big game of the weekend other than Texans, obviously, is Rod Ryan's Buffalo Bills hosting the Ravens at five thirty Sunday night. Let's go Texans, Let's go Bills, Let's go Rams. That's all I gotta say about that. And then in basketball, Rockets fell to the Kings last night, seven, the loss into their five game winning streak. They're twenty seven and thirteen on the year right now, and there the second best team in the Western Conference. They're gonna have a day off before playing the Trailblazers tomorrow night up in Portland.
Speaker 2: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 3: The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM, The buzz se.
Speaker 1: Man Friday, You got Free Bam Friday.
Speaker 2: You got a free Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: You got a free man Friday, Free Bam Friday, Man right, wee Bam Friday, andree Bam Friday and free bare Friday.
Speaker 2: A right, Good morning, Rob Ryan Show, Good morning.
Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 2: Who's this Laura? Laura?
Speaker 5: You rattled my headphones right on my head?
Speaker 2: Go Laura, your car number ten? What's up?
Speaker 5: Yes, I'm gonna give you the second case of beer today.
Speaker 2: Nice Joe h Are you from Laura?
Speaker 14: I'm from Stafford? Okay where I'm fading from Stafford? But I work here in a Lea so I'm at what now?
Speaker 2: Okay, hang on a second. What's going on with Stafford?
Speaker 4: There's something very stafford happening on beer winners this morning. Eddie was from Stafford. He won the six Am beer. I mean Stafford's right, I mean, listen, I love you, but Stafford's just not that big a place. And to have the first to have the first two beer winners from there, something seems fishy to me.
Speaker 2: What's up? Something's going on Stafford?
Speaker 3: Laura?
Speaker 5: Listen, enjoy your beers.
Speaker 4: Thank you for listening, Thanks for being a great part of the show today, and I just need you to have a great weekend. Are you working on Monday?
Speaker 2: No, we're not.
Speaker 14: And I and we're looking at where I work. We're looking at possibly the thing that we won't have work on Tuesday either.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, so you're getting off for MLK, but then you're thinking, you're thinking the weather is going to be as such that you might get an extended long weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I think that. I think there's probably a lot of people.
Speaker 8: I think you're right on that.
Speaker 2: We're keeping an eye on the weather here. Laura, thank you so much. Enjoy your beers. Thank you, thank you. You're awesome.
Speaker 5: Just because we share everything with you.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 4: I am dealing with some studio problems this morning, so much so that I've had to call engineer Bob and he's got to come in here and do some sort of a reset on this board.
Speaker 2: And that's it.
Speaker 4: It's not derailing the show. We're gonna jump around coming up. I'm just telling you right now, I need that song more than ever. I need that song more than ever. So if it sounds a little clunky this morning, I'm apologizing. It's just this awesome studio that we're now been in for two years. Alex on the Baby Jesus yesterday we were kind of chit chatting about the show. I've invited the twins in, I've done a couple of interviews now for people for the co host position, and I want the guys to be in on it. It's not my it's my decision, but but but I want you guys to be a part of it because we all got to hang out with this person, whoever it is. We're gonna bring in a co host. We're gonna hire somebody. I've been trying to get you guys in. So we've been kind of talking a lot. The three of us have been talking a lot after the show about a lot of different things. And then at some point did you say hey, because we are all talking that listen, maybe we're living in our own bubble. But this has been pretty this really smooth transition. Alex I been doing a great job stepping up, Alex singing, Chili's doing a great job stepping up. Everyone's doing a little bit more, and I feel like it's running fairly smooth. We still want to we want to get a co host in here, but it's been running very, very smooth. And then at some point yesterday did you say, well, at least the equipment's been good, like nothing's gone wrong in studio, because being down a person always makes you do more. And you said something about, well, the equipment's been great.
Speaker 6: I thought, putting that out into the air while we were in this exact studio, maybe the equipment will be like, look alet's they appreciate you giving me some respect, you son of it. And I thought that maybe that would put good vibes out, but apparently did the exact ap because it's, oh, you're happy with this, Well, guess what we're gonna ruin your life.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: You've ever been at a pitat, you've ever been out of a picnic before, and you're sitting there with your gaal and maybe by a babbling brook, and you have a blank you'll blanket down, and you have some wicker basket with some sandwiches in it, and you're just sitting there and you're having a wonderful time. And then you say, well, at least the bugs aren't a problem. You know, this is so nice, and you know what, on top of me, it's so awesome right now, man, you know you have you noticed that the bugs aren't a problem at all. And then two seconds later, a goddamn swarm of bugs and ants and locusts.
Speaker 2: Yep, just overtake your picnic. You were having a.
Speaker 4: Lovely time, but because you said something.
Speaker 2: It changed the whole mood. We were gassing each other up.
Speaker 6: The boys are gassing each other up, and I thought maybe the studio shouldn't get a little gassing up too, because it had been good. I knocked on wood too, So knocking wood doesn't work.
Speaker 4: I learned that it's like a beautiful sandwich at a picnic, and then boom, the ants just picked it up and walked away.
Speaker 2: With my sandwich. That's what you did.
Speaker 8: I did.
Speaker 2: That's my fault. This is hand up, my fault.
Speaker 4: All right, we're gonna get through it. Bob, this is not an emergency.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 4: Bob's listening on his way in Bob's Ze, Texas Radio Hall of Famer, Bob Street, Okayat.
Speaker 2: Of Engineers, people say.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're okay. You don't need to speed on your way. In links and guests, lots of stuff for you. Fanny Friday is our number one link early on one hundred bottles of car box Love Street on the wall that.
Speaker 2: Went up yesterday. What are we doing?
Speaker 4: We're looking for you to submit a photograph through the website. It's okay if you want to just throw me an email and say, hey, just let you know I submitted.
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 4: But we are offering you, guys, along with our friend over at car back, to win five hundred dollars per quarter during the big game. Okay, so submit a good selfie of you enjoying a love street and all the information is right there.
Speaker 2: But then if you keep scrolling and.
Speaker 4: There's a big old bulbous head, oh it says bonus chance to win. Here, someone's gonna win an additional five hundred dollars at the at the end of the game. So that's on the world Famous rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com. Also, oh, there's your progressive soup selling chicken noodle soup cough drops.
Speaker 3: It's gross.
Speaker 2: It it's gross. But they're also on there.
Speaker 4: Is a chance to sign up for the rod Ryan Shows twenty twenty five mile of meat. So I know you guys all know about that. So that is all on the world famous rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com. We're gonna give you some Coheed taking Back Sunday tickets on the flip of this break, do Do Do Doo, Papa Roach rise against tickets in an hour and then open phones in the nine o'clock hour. I think we're gonna jump around on the flip of this break too. See that's the problem I'm talking about that we're rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good morning rod Ryan's Show. Welcome back, Pop.
Speaker 4: Your off to a great start to your day. And what a beautiful day it is going to be. It's not going to be the case when we're talking on Monday and Tuesday around here. It's gonna be really really cold today. It's gonna be awesome though. It's the last kind of really nice.
Speaker 2: Day Hi today of sixty eight sixty eight.
Speaker 4: If you can believe that Claude's guys with nothing over really a ten percent chance of rain's old.
Speaker 2: That worked. That's nice.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: What's trending?
Speaker 6: Well, the TikTok band is trending. Everybody's freaking out still. Biden says he's gona leave if a Trump Trump says he'll do something about it. Twitter or TikTok could go dark Sunday, but that just means that they'll stop doing updates on there. I don't know I'm hearing different things from everybody. We don't think that it's going to actually happen. We'll be able to be ticking and talking next week, I don't.
Speaker 4: I think Trump even kind of threw that out there, is you know, one of his It wasn't a huge talking point, is a campaign promise, but when he was asked about it, he said vote for me and I'll keep TikTok around. So I don't think he's going to let it go. So I'd glad to get some people over. You're probably one person said, oh my god, that's my tax guy.
Speaker 2: That's my decision. I got them at least one vote. Fanny Friday trending.
Speaker 6: Fantastic submission by listener Frank It's Rose your distraction. Rose is her handle, and uh yeah, she fits the bill perfectly, So go check that out. If you haven't, head over to the Rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com. She distracting here a little bit, okay, a little bet and David Lynch is also trending. Checked about that in headlines, But the legendary director passed away yesterday at the age of seventy eight at the battling emphysema that's just trending on ninety four five the buzz.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you. Before we jump around, would you like to try to win some tickets?
Speaker 4: This is my last pair Kohei Cambria taking Back Sunday, September eighth, seven one three music Call. Tickets are on sale today at ten am through ticketmaster dot com. So all week long we've been getting you in before they go on sale, Caller number ten.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I need this right now.
Speaker 4: I need this right now with all this stuff going on here in the studio camps. I'm gonna knock out some push ups during this, all right, So I'm gonna be pushing it up.
Speaker 2: While you're jumping around. This is my favorite Friday tradition. How's the pain? Ninety four to five to the buzz, Matty four to five to the buzz, how's the pains? Jump around? I needed it.
Speaker 5: I believe that hit you right as well.
Speaker 2: Thank you for starting your day with us, Thanks for jumping around with us.
Speaker 5: Oh my man, boobs are hurting.
Speaker 4: Off in the push ups. I did a little push up. I did my first step today. I'm trying to do one hundred to day. I knocked out twenty five during house of pain. The music helps. The music absolutely helps you just raw dogging around. Yeah, but you're just raw dog and push ups a lot of times.
Speaker 2: I'm doing it during commercial breaks. Yeah, that's ey.
Speaker 5: No, it's I did a little chest yesterday in the gym.
Speaker 12: Oh I'm hurting ten percent chance of rain, cloudy skuys highs.
Speaker 2: Up around sixty eight today. This weekend's fine.
Speaker 4: I mean it is can be cold in the morning. Shout out to the runners. If you're running in the Houston Marathon, man number one, you're awesome. That's great.
Speaker 2: Best of luck to you.
Speaker 4: I know you want it a little cool in the morning. I don't know if you want it quite as cool as it's going to be. So just good luck to everyone. I wish everyone's success. Be safe out there. My gosh, I'm giving away some tickets here. Good morning, rod Ryan Show, Good morning.
Speaker 8: Hi.
Speaker 2: Who's this really? Sorry? I was jumping around. This is the quickest I could get to you, Billy. You are a caller number ten.
Speaker 4: Awesome auction cohe Cambri taking back Sunday, September eighth, seventy one.
Speaker 5: And three years a call You're in.
Speaker 4: Everyone else is gonna have to go buy their tickets today at ten o'clock through ticket Master locations.
Speaker 2: You got them, daddy? Oh awesome, man.
Speaker 4: I appreciate it very much, dude, I appreciate you.
Speaker 5: You're watching any football this weekend?
Speaker 4: Am I the only one?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 8: Definitely?
Speaker 14: Definitely?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So.
Speaker 5: Listen.
Speaker 2: It pains me to say it, but it's just the fact of the matter.
Speaker 4: The Kansas City Chiefs are a really, really, really good football team, Okay, and they've won the last two Super Bowls.
Speaker 2: They want to go back for another one. Can the Texans beat them on Saturday?
Speaker 14: I think the Texans got this one for sure.
Speaker 2: You think it's for sure that they have this?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 14: Seventy five?
Speaker 2: Seventy five percent?
Speaker 4: Okay, now you're okay, So you just knocked it down twenty five percent, so you're at yeah, you're at seventy five. Give me a score.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna write this down. This is Billy, right, Billy, Yes, sir, all right, Billy, go ahead, twenty seven, fourteen, twenty seven. You think Mahomes is only going to score fourteen points?
Speaker 14: I do a defense pretty stout.
Speaker 2: It's pretty stout.
Speaker 6: My Homes is six and oh career wise in the division around of the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Yeah, like yes, it's got it in sometime. All Right, Billy, I want you. I am the biggest I am already a Texans fan.
Speaker 1: I am.
Speaker 2: I have been for years now. It just happens.
Speaker 5: You're here long enough, you start.
Speaker 4: Rooting for the team, and then I'll or you start, like I always say it, the day you wake up or the moment that you're upset after a loss, you're like, well, what do I care?
Speaker 2: This is up my team? Oh my god, this might be my team. This is okay. I kind of like this team.
Speaker 4: So I am the biggest Texans fan. Maybe not as big as Chili, but I want us to win over Casey so bad on Saturday, Billy, I hope you're right. I'm gonna either way. I'm gonna get you the Coheat tickets. All right, dude, thanks for being a part of the show today.
Speaker 8: We appreciate it. Man, Thank you. Billy.
Speaker 4: Have a great weekend. Earlier today I said get your popcorn ready. I must have glanced over it and I saw it. That's why I said that Sunday is National Popcorn Day. Oh so that doesn't mean you can't have it today And tomorrow. Popcorn is a wonderful thing. But Sunday, make it a point to get some popcorn in you. Is cheese popcorn better than just regular butter and salt popcorn?
Speaker 2: I mean, I know, I'm not gonna say no. I know butter and salt is the classic.
Speaker 4: Okay, I get that boom movie theater popcorn boom goat goaated you know, but is it is cheese popcorn just a little better than butter and salt, like a little white jettar.
Speaker 2: Like I don't know if it's like the orange cheese.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, okay, okay, like that, is it better than just regular butter and salt popcorn?
Speaker 2: It's hard for me to say.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 6: It's also hard for me to say no. Okay, I'm gonna say I'd go with the og first. But like like whenever Christmas comes around, they have the mixed the mixed popcorns. I love that because I like to sample a little bit of everything. Popcorn is awesome no matter what, unless you put sugar on it.
Speaker 2: That's weird. That's when it gets to you.
Speaker 4: If you go to Chicago, nuts on Clark is what it's called. I think Clark is a Street.
Speaker 2: And I think, can that's sign your Clark?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Nuts on Clark. They didn't invent cheese popcorn. They didn't invent caramel corn. But what I think they invented was mixing those two together and you get a bag of mixed caramel corn. I don't know why I'm going back and forth between carmel and caramel, but the mixture of caramel corn and cheese popcorn. You asked for a bag of mixed and you're like, Rod, that sounds like madness. No, it's the greatest thing ever. Yeah, it is the greatest combination ever. There's another one, Garrett's. I know they bag it up. You can buy that in the store now. But Garretts think might be out of Chicago too, And they've got a place in the airport.
Speaker 2: Not as good.
Speaker 4: It's just not as good that Nuts on Clark is the best popcorn I've ever had in my life. Best popcorn ever, Chicago. That's the place to get it. Have some popcorn this weekend. Hey, who's you had six picks?
Speaker 2: I had six picks last weekend.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll take six picks.
Speaker 2: You know what, I'll do some two Maybe maybe I'll show up with six picture.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know what I'm getting into. I'm gonna chili.
Speaker 4: Would you have a problem with me taking six picks this weekend? Or were you really I mean, if you really really wanted it, I know how much you love it.
Speaker 18: You know what, since you're giving me the option, you can take six picks for the rest of the year.
Speaker 2: That's very big.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I went in to sacrifice. You're gonna have it all right.
Speaker 4: Just there's some football I'm gonna do. I'm gonna be doing some cooking this weekend, so I think I should cook it up.
Speaker 5: Well, I remember, we're coming over doing wings.
Speaker 2: Okay, you can come over.
Speaker 4: I'm doing wings. And then I saw a guy do this slider trick. Have you seen the Hawaiian the little you know, the box of Hawaiian rolls? Oh yeah, right, so you you you cut off the top layer and you you split the whole box in two.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 4: Then you take your ground meat and you use the bag as almost like a cookie cutter as to shape the size of your and and and the shape of the hamburger. The ground beef. You put it in the box, okay, okay. Then you put it on a flat top. Now you're cooking a hamburger the size of that whole pack of rolls, see what I owe? You flip it and you put it on the rolls and then you cut the sliders. Afterwards, you cut the rolls and you put the beef in between it. I'm gonna try that this weekend. It's a cool hack.
Speaker 6: One of my go tos for like if I'm hosting people, which doesn't happen a ton, but I've done it three or four times, is I can do the white Castle sliders pretty spot on.
Speaker 2: That's what these look like.
Speaker 6: And you just but you don't have to like make the bun or you don't have to make the paddies. I just just do a bunch of ground beef. You put some French onion seasoning in that thing. Yeah, you mix it all up, and then you just cut the Hawaiian rolls like that. Then you just put ground beef and just spread it out evenly amongst all that and saves you time for having to make the patties. Then you cut it up like you just said, But you put the little American cheese on their throat in the oven for ten minutes.
Speaker 2: Okay, so it melts.
Speaker 4: This is just making one big Patty mins in it and then yes, some monions and stuff.
Speaker 2: So dude, my hack is just I just show up and eat it.
Speaker 4: That's a really good hat, alright, a brilliant hack. Listen great football this week, and I'll say it again. Get your popcorn ready, damn it. This board sucks bomb Get here now ninety four or five the Buys. I still listen to that song every single time. And a marvel at the guitar wizardry that's happening at the end there, I mean Tom Morello esque at the end of that song. That's shine down and dead don't die. Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. Three Beer Friday. Thank you, specs.
Speaker 5: I got another case of beer coming up for you.
Speaker 4: Is somebody other is like other than Stafford going to win beer today? The six am, the seven am beer Stafford. Both cases are going out to Stafford straight up at eight, straight up at nine, I.
Speaker 5: Will hook you up with beers.
Speaker 4: Claude's guys today, nothing over a ten percent chance of rain. We're gonna go all way up to sixty eight today to be an awesome day.
Speaker 8: Degree.
Speaker 4: I know, it just seems to be stopping right at sixty eight, just so that it wouldn't make you, you know, giggle over there like Beavis or butt Head. If you haven't wrapped pipes and do all that stuff. If that's something that you've got pipes that need to be wrapping, today is a great day to do it. You'd be able to do it tomorrow. Where you're going to really need is to start getting into Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, even into Wednesday of next week. That's when we got this freeze warning Siberian air. All of that nonsense that's going to be a part of our lives.
Speaker 2: We're gonna be talking about it.
Speaker 10: Do do Do Do Do Do Do do do.
Speaker 5: Good God, hope the power stays on.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Better, Although I'm going to your generator kicks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I haven't had the guy that was helping me get the generator and he's like, you haven't had to use it yet you.
Speaker 5: I'm like, no, we haven't lost power yet.
Speaker 2: But it's like a boat. I don't need a generators. Need to know somebody that has a gener Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's what's happening right now.
Speaker 5: We're talking about a lot of football.
Speaker 4: Charles Wilkinson says, good morning, what your listeners need to remember is that the Chiefs will have eighteen players on the field at any time, eleven players and seven refs. I'm rooting for the Texans and hope they pull it off or at least make it close. Have a great weekend. That's from our friend Charlie.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Don't play that game yet, don't be that, don't be those people. Just beat them. It does seem like they've.
Speaker 4: Gotten some consideration from the referee crew in the past this year, but.
Speaker 2: Just don't use that. Don't go in thinking that, and it's just gonna make it more likely to happen.
Speaker 6: You think that there's gonna be a ref sus stuff going on, then like you're gonna think.
Speaker 2: That every play. If you were to ask a seventh grader, what's your dream job?
Speaker 4: Would be a streamer, Yeah, influencer, streamer, YouTuber, rapper, video game professional video game player.
Speaker 2: Wheah.
Speaker 4: So they did look up. They didn't necessarily ask children. They just looked up because I think that's what kids would would say.
Speaker 8: I really do.
Speaker 4: New Research came up with a list of the top dream jobs worldwide. They did it by looking into like targeted online search results if you ever typed in how to be a fill in the blank. In the end, the top dream job across the entire world is a pilot. Really, there is something cool about a pilot.
Speaker 5: They get to fly around.
Speaker 4: Listen, I think they're banging all the I think they're always staying overnight and they're banging all the flight attendants.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you get to fly.
Speaker 4: Around for free everywhere. I imagine like you can fly anywhere you want for free. When you're not working.
Speaker 2: You get a cool hat.
Speaker 4: You're always out. There's something cool about there's the pilot's coming like he's a rock star. He's a rock star on that plane. Yeah, anybody has to wait for you. No matter what, you get the cool bag, you get the cool stuff. There is something cool about a pilot. I think it's still kind of.
Speaker 2: A cool job.
Speaker 4: It's the number one dream job in America. Well, listen, this is a worldwide thing. Commercial flying is thought of to be very huge. Still, the number one dream job in America is flight attendant.
Speaker 2: I've always heard that's like awful when you're a fly at attendant.
Speaker 4: I think it's awful in the beginning because you are on call at all times, and then you can't just go make your schedules, like you know what, I'd like to get on that flight where it just goes bing bang bing bang bang here and then I'm going to go home and have supper with the kids and the husband.
Speaker 2: That takes a long time to get to that point. I think you're flying all over the place. You get delayed regularly.
Speaker 4: Probably all those little bottles of vodka that you're stealing though, I guess, oh yeah, tons of alcoholics.
Speaker 2: It's all going home with them.
Speaker 4: Attorney was number two, police officer was three. The most popular dream jobs in America. Number four was pharmacist, nurse at five, physical therapists at six.
Speaker 2: Those are like real jobs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, actor was in at nine.
Speaker 4: A doctor didn't show up until eleven, and a YouTuber didn't show up until thirteen. Again, we're not asking thirteen year olds. This is by using metrics of people that are searching jobs. Dream job was a pilot.
Speaker 6: Okay, can you pivot and just go Like I know you always talk about it's never too late to change careers. Can you just become a pilot at like forty you're just saying I'm gonna be a pilot now. It seems like a job that you probably get younger than work your ay out there.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say yeah, I'm gonna say yeah. But you're not getting the cool flights either. You're getting the awful flights and you're on call all the time, and I imagine you're doing like anything, you're starting at the bottom. But I think it's so cool that you'll take a mile of crud to get to that point of being pick your.
Speaker 2: Own schedule type of guy.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 5: So, I think I don't know if anybody become a pilot late in life.
Speaker 2: Alex wants to know. I kind of want to know that myself.
Speaker 4: Ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for having us on. Thank God Bob the engineers here. He's gonna try to fix this.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry that it sounds so clunky, especially when we're going into commercial breaks and stuff. Alex and I are just sitting here just trying to spin plates and try to make it happen. There's something going on, some weird gremlin thing happening.
Speaker 2: Fault for complementing the board.
Speaker 4: Yeah you said how great everything was going with hou was a co host to motivated ten percent chance of rain. Claude' skuys today.
Speaker 2: Highs of around sixty eight. Like I'm gonna try to hit this button. There we go. It worked. It's a good start.
Speaker 5: That's the music for Houston's headlines. What you got over there?
Speaker 2: Well, good morning everyone.
Speaker 6: The lineup for the Fire Aid Benefit concert supporting La wildfire relief has finally been announced. It includes some of music's biggest acts like Billie Eilish, The Red Hot Chili Peppers, Green Day, Jelly Roll, Lady Gaga, and Mini Mini more. They'll take place on January thirtieth, next Thursday, at the Kia Forum and the Intuit Dome in La. Fans worldwide can stream the show and donate through multiple platforms like Apple Music, Netflix, and Prime Video. It'll also be broadcast on eight hundred and sixty iHeartRadio stations. Tickets for that concert go on sale Wednesday.
Speaker 2: The Chevron Houston Marathon is this Sunday.
Speaker 6: Temperatures are expected to be in the forties, so maybe, uh, maybe bundle up there a little bit. I don't know, maybe we'll pick the little zip ups. You get all your gloves ready to go.
Speaker 10: I don't know.
Speaker 2: You you gonna be sweating when you're running anyways.
Speaker 4: So I had heard that there's a ton of jackets that are along the line of the race. People start wearing jackets in the morning and then they just chuck them tossing and there's no hopes of getting them back. So somebody goes in and collects them all and then donates those to charity.
Speaker 2: That's really cool. I had a real story. That's what I heard.
Speaker 4: You have to start with a jacket on, it's going to be that cold at the starting line, and then Bob, you just toss it.
Speaker 2: You don't know where you're tossing that jacket. I guess they go to charity.
Speaker 6: Some street clothings that you might be one you might want to be aware of on Sunday is Congress from Crawford to Smith Street, Franklin from Smith to Washington Avenue in Washington from Congress to why those will be blocked off partially or all the way because of the marathon?
Speaker 2: Parents? Do you have a favorite child?
Speaker 6: A study looked at over nineteen thousand parents and determined that they do treat certain children differently. Some interesting takeaways from the study. Mothers tend to favor their daughters. While fathers take on the favorite sons, parents tend to favorite children who take responsibility and are more organized. Agreeable children are also more likely to be favored in birth. Order can be a factor too, But it was no reasoning behy it because sometimes they like the first one more. Sometimes parents preferred the youngest kid. What say you, right, Well, I've.
Speaker 4: Noticed from afar you and your brother have a savage battle going on with your parents.
Speaker 2: And I know they don't have a favorite. I know they don't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll say this in my situation. One of the problems I always had with my little brother. He was the favorite growing up. The baby, the baby, and it's always like that, the baby, and every family the baby. You're the baby, You're the baby, such a baby.
Speaker 2: Don't mess with the baby.
Speaker 5: Stop picking on the baby.
Speaker 2: The baby, and it never it's fine, And they're always the baby. They're always the baby. They're like forty years like, he's not a baby. Until my mom and my sister later in life became best friends.
Speaker 4: Now my sister's the favorite.
Speaker 2: Okay, you wonder why I stick up for middle children.
Speaker 4: We never get our roses, we never get our flowers. We never do we are constantly struggling our entire lives. Shout out to my middle children out there. Okay, we know that we're superior, but we don't get recognized. That's okay.
Speaker 8: We know.
Speaker 2: We're not upset about it.
Speaker 5: We know that we're the best. We're not upset at all.
Speaker 2: Yes, we're about it.
Speaker 5: We know that we are the best.
Speaker 2: Fine, I'm not upset.
Speaker 4: Middle children. We're just better because we're scrappy. We have to fight our whole lives. Yeah, okay, the baby and then it's not even closed. My sister is like my mom's favorite.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 4: My pole question today, parents of multiple children, do you have a favorite? Sixty three percent of our audience says no. Thirty six percent of our audience says yes. At least they're being honest.
Speaker 2: I think it's funny. At least they're being honest.
Speaker 4: One funny thing when the when Trump's kids, the boys, they were interviewing him for something his first go around.
Speaker 5: It's like what is it?
Speaker 2: Eric Air and Don Junior John Jr. And they were interviewing, Well, no, Baron wasn't around. Well, Baron wasn't around for the interview.
Speaker 4: They asked their dad, do you have a favorite child, and why is it Ivanka? They flat outsaid that she's the favorite. Oh, she's his favorite.
Speaker 6: If you have multiple kids and you have only one daughter and the rest of boys, like the dad's always going to choose the daughter.
Speaker 2: Right, probably kind of how that goes. Probably, I mean that daddy's little girl at that point. That's what's happening in the Trump world.
Speaker 6: Like, yeah, I guess so President like Donald Trump speaking of He's named Sylvester Stallone, Mel Gibson, and John Voight as his special Ambassadors to Hollywood. His goal is to bring businesses that has been lost to foreign countries back to the US. Trump says that these three very talented people will be my eyes and ears, and I will get done what they suggest I do. It will be again like the United States. It'll be again like the United States of America. So they go in age of Hollywood. Those are his quotes, not mine.
Speaker 2: Okay, he wants to keep an eye on what's going out on Hollywood.
Speaker 6: I was today years old when I learned that they had ambassadors to Hollywood.
Speaker 2: They don't, but now they do.
Speaker 6: They do it now, Yes, for the first time in seven years, is a new Mumford and Sons album on the way. It's called Rushmere and the band's fifth, fifth link, fifth full length album, will be released on March twenty eighth. This is the first single out that they released today. It's called Rushmere. We're gonna get to play it in full and the eight o'clock hour eight twenty next hour. It'll be the band's first album as a trio after their banjo player Winston Marshall left the group in twenty twenty one. I'm very excited to get to listen to all of this. I haven't I haven't checked it out yet, so very stoked. But I love Mumford and Sons and Yeah Stokes for eight twenty today. That's what's Those are Uston's headlines and in sports, Okay, it's the Divisional round of.
Speaker 2: The NFL playoffs this weekend. The Texans are going to.
Speaker 6: Get things started tomorrow when they play Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs. Right now, they're eight point underdogs. Kickoff will be at three thirty and you can watch it on the ESPN and ABC. Other divisional round game this weekend Tomorrow night Lions take on the Commanders at seven, and Sunday the Rams at the Eagles will be at two pm and at five thirty. Rod Ryan's Bills host the Baltimore Ravens and Basketball Rockets fell to the Kings last night seven and ended their five game winning streak. They're gonna have a day off today before they play the Trailblazers tomorrow night in Portland.
Speaker 2: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, thank you. We got one more hour to go before open phones Friday. So I got some things planned for you. I've got beer, I've got some Poppa Roach Rise against tickets. We may have to push those back a little bit because you're telling me we're doing some kind of world premiere. Yeah today, Okay, twenty new Mumford and Sons is coming up. So we'll do the deal, we'll play the song, we'll talk about it, we'll take your calls.
Speaker 2: A pretty good little hour planning for you, guys, sat Fair use to the.
Speaker 3: Rod Ryan Morning Show. Six to.
Speaker 8: The Buzz.
Speaker 7: Briday.
Speaker 1: Yeah manuses where you Fridayday?
Speaker 2: Yeah manuses where you be Friday.
Speaker 11: Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: You've got free Bam Friday. You got free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday. Free Bam Friday, Rid Bam Friday and Bam Friday, Free Man Friday.
Speaker 2: Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show, Good morning. Well Hello, who's this? This is Megan Meghan. You want some beer?
Speaker 3: I would love some beer.
Speaker 8: I'll do it.
Speaker 2: Hello, Yeah, I'll do it. I'll hook you up.
Speaker 4: You called the right place, Meghan. You've got the third case of beer today night.
Speaker 2: So help me.
Speaker 19: God.
Speaker 2: If you tell me you're from Stafford, Texas, We're gonna have problems.
Speaker 3: I am not from Stafford, Texas.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 5: Where are you from?
Speaker 4: From?
Speaker 3: Kingwood, Texas?
Speaker 4: Kingwood Swingers swingers everywhere? Got white rocks for your landscaping? Is it white rocks or red mulch or both?
Speaker 8: What is it?
Speaker 4: Alexyea, red mulch, upside down pineapple? I know how you guys roll up there in Kingwood. Megan, have an awesome weekend.
Speaker 2: Okay, y'all do Thank you so much? Man, thank you, thank you. It's Meghan, everybody. She got her beers. That's good. You can still get in. I got one case left.
Speaker 4: Thank you to our friends over at Specs for hooking us up with the beers. Alex wants to do a world premiere. He loves Mumford and sauce. All right, we're gonna play that new song coming up after the break. Then I'm gonna put this on you to remind me it's on me ultimately. But I'm gonna tell you just to nudge me a little bit. Don't let me leave this show this hour without giving away those Papa Roach Rise againstickets? All right, Okay, so maybe in the third break, after we get done taking phone calls, then I'll give away I want to pay, Yeah, I want to be able to call in and just talk about the song. So I haven't heard it yet. Just that little clip that you've played in the in Houston's headlines. That's really all I've heard. I got rocket news for you today.
Speaker 2: All right, let's hear it. Was it about Elon?
Speaker 5: There were two rocket launches yesterday. I can't keep up.
Speaker 2: Was it the Blue Origin okay, because that got delayed.
Speaker 4: And SpaceX They both they both went up individually yesterday. So here's your you know, billionaire news. So Jeff Bezos, his company is the one you're talking about, Blue Origin. So they launched what they're called their their new Glen rocket for the first time yesterday. Do I know what that means? No, do I have a link up for all of this, Yeah, because I'm still interested in it. It's just there's so much of it that I can't keep track. So if you want to know, like what the new Glen rocket is, Bezos shot that up yesterday for the first time, so they're they're trying to reland the boosters and use them again so they can take on SpaceX. And they got their payload into the orbit, but they lost the booster.
Speaker 2: So what did they say? They obviously said they.
Speaker 4: Were still very thrilled with the results, because even when the thing blows up, you got to say how great it is.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: Now, Elon Musk, the other billionaire that we all know SpaceX, they had a rocket launch yesterday that ended with the opposite result.
Speaker 5: They landed the booster just fine.
Speaker 4: I think the chopsticks thing was happening again, and the Starship spacecraft exploded and it was lost over the Caribbean. And I don't know if they said that they were thrilled at that, but I've got video of that. So I got two rocket launches that went down yesterday. It's exciting, It really is exciting. I don't want it to become oh ho hum. Another rocket went and it's still like a big gear to me. It's just it's happening so much, and we hadn't done it for so long. Yeah, and there's other things going on, but man, what a time to be alive. Two rockets went up yesterday. Now in Moon News, this is all on links and guests. China they say they want to put a flag on the Moon next year, and they figured out how to make it flutter. Now there's no wind on the Moon, yes, so the flag it just it's stagnant, it just sits. So they've engineered a special flag that flutters when it interacts with the electromagnetic fields. Fun fact, six American flags have been planted on the Moon and by now they've all been what whitewashed, bleached bleached white by the sun.
Speaker 2: We should go and take China's flag down when they plan to.
Speaker 4: China does have a flag up there. Yeah, China does have a flag up there as well. And then one final thing, the World Monuments Fund just listed the Moon as a threatened Cultural sight because we're sending more landers up there and space tourism takes off. They want to start getting ahead of this, but it's not a monument.
Speaker 2: It's the moon.
Speaker 4: They but they want to preserve things like Neil Armstrong's boot print, so they just SpaceX just sent two landers up this week. So they want to get in there if they want to designated a monument, so that when they do get up there and they find these things, they want to preserve it.
Speaker 6: I feel like we're overthinking this. There's definitely other things we should be worried about. I have an awesome not one of you have clicked on it.
Speaker 4: I have an awesome space link up today on links and guests because I do find.
Speaker 2: It interesting if somebody would just put it together in one blog page.
Speaker 5: Oh I did, at least Chili did. I sent it over to Chili.
Speaker 2: He put it up today.
Speaker 4: All right, we're gonna listen to some new Mumford and Sons on the flip of this break man. Please stay with us.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, the commercials should be playing now, Ryan.
Speaker 3: Morning Show, I'm six to ten am.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, we're gonna.
Speaker 4: Play some brand new music coming up in just a little bit, so don't go anywhere. It is free beer Friday, Megan and Kingwood. She got the last case, so nine o'clock you get beer. Then we'll take a couple of open phones. Then we'll do some alternative income, and then we'll go back to some open phones, and then we'll leave you with some Buzzfest tickets, and then we turn you loose on this amazing weekend. Okay, beautiful day today, ten percent chance of rain, cloudy skies, hive sixty eight. Probably the last nice day. Tomorrow might not be so bad. Then it starts getting colder on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday really really cold, even into Wednesday, really really cold. And that's where they're talking the freeze. So I don't want to get too far ahead, but I know a lot of you guys are planning for a long weekend. We will be here on Monday. I made sure Adam, the cop who's believe it or not, I know that you believe it. He's back on the fresh out of bed head to heady won this morning. So I said, hey, we're working on Monday. He goes, O orry, I am too, I'll be there. He's gonna play with us. So I'm glad. Listen. I don't think it was wasted airtime talking about all those rockets being launched.
Speaker 5: Yesterday.
Speaker 2: I saw SpaceX is trending. Elon musk Is it was also trending about. Yeah, Elon space X.
Speaker 4: Even though the other guy, Jeff Bezos Blue Origin, I don't see trending.
Speaker 2: It's just for me.
Speaker 5: If you asked me, okay, what's the what's the rocket company?
Speaker 2: And you think space you think space X. It's literally in the name.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so Jeff Bezos maybe should have come up with a better name. But two rockets went up. We have that on links and guests, Blue Space, Blue Space.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 4: The other the only other rocket I see on there is uh Rockets Kings. People are giving that I mentioned, So that's kind of a.
Speaker 2: Live game winning streak. Wentz came to an end yesterday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so that's low trending. But what else, what else do you got that's trending?
Speaker 2: Well, Cameron Diaz is trending.
Speaker 6: She announced that she had a second child, a son named Cardinal, your son Cardinal.
Speaker 4: She's in a new She she retired from acting for like almost ten years and now she's in a there's something streaming with Jamie.
Speaker 6: Fox fit and in a new movie was Jamie Fox Yeah, but she did announce that she just had another child. Really at the age of fifty two then and Cardinal for her daughter was a surrogate child, so I don't know if Cardinal also was, but uh yeah, congratulations to Cameron Diaz and then Fanny Friday obviously still trending Rose aka your distraction Rose, submitted by listener Frank fits the Fanny Friday bill pretty nicely. If you ask me, you go check her out the Welcome Miss rod Ryan showpage the buzz dot com.
Speaker 2: That's a trending on ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 15: Well.
Speaker 2: I wonder if they filmed that Netflix show a long time ago, if she just had a name, or if it was a surrogate kid. Oh there could also Okay, yeah, I'm sorry you did mention that.
Speaker 4: Back in Action, starring Jamie Fox and Cameron Diaz as former CIA agents who are forced out of retirement to protect their unsuspecting family after their cover is blown. That's debuting on Netflix today. Jimmy Fox and Cameron Diaz. All right, those are pretty big names. Yeah, that should be good. Okay, we'll get new Mumford and sons. You're a big fan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this will be the first thing they've done as a trio.
Speaker 6: Winston Marshall their banjo player quit in twenty twenty one, so they kind of took a little hiatus.
Speaker 2: Marcus did a little.
Speaker 6: Solo project there, and they're coming back and I'm really excited to hear how this sounds. The Mumford and Sons is one of those bands that, like, I think they just keep getting better. Like my favorite Mumford and Son song is from their their most recent like full group album, and I just think they keep putting out hits.
Speaker 2: They know what they're doing.
Speaker 6: If you like Mumford and Son's I would imagine that we're gonna like what we're about to hear.
Speaker 4: Marcus Mumford does he's involved with the music for Ted Last.
Speaker 2: Does he do the theme song, the opening song?
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, I thought. Okay, let's take a listen. This is brand new from Mumford and Songs, Little World premiere action. Rushmere is the name of the song, and we're gonna take some calls on it. You tell me what you think about it after the song is over. It's three minutes long. It's ninety four to five.
Speaker 20: The buzz, don't she um mege, the breathlessnesses and the eyes.
Speaker 21: Come home late in the mall right, bloodshot tree on the street, like spells the.
Speaker 20: Truth, No one can tell.
Speaker 4: Now I was still a secret.
Speaker 16: To myself, like me about the waste in the job, rusting, restless hot.
Speaker 7: City, Get.
Speaker 4: A drink.
Speaker 2: Shot down last.
Speaker 22: Time ye.
Speaker 16: Speaking by too empty long? Nowhere else to go? You say, come get lost in the fish ground crowd. No one does. Your name is only this mistakes. There's no price to a ways stand out.
Speaker 7: Like wrestling step one st it is gone.
Speaker 20: I'm buried deep taint card let it be. Don't like yourself. There's mad names and madge ken the ray. There's beauty in the pain.
Speaker 8: Don't you so.
Speaker 7: Light?
Speaker 2: Me bam wasted in the dark?
Speaker 16: Rush Mere, restless hot, This something we might miss.
Speaker 11: I can't.
Speaker 7: Let us do.
Speaker 12: What ninety four or five buzz that's our world premiere of Mumford and Sons.
Speaker 4: It's called Rushmere. I feel like I'm saying when you were saying it, miss. I know when you were saying it this morning, I thought reading that right? Or are you just pronouncing it weird? That's the name of the song rush Mehr Mumford and Sons.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 4: Just check them out on Instagram. Their new album Rush Mehr will be released on March twenty eighth. Obviously, that is the title track and it is out today. They said their legendary friend Dave Cobb is the producer on that. Just a quick search of Dave Cobb looks like he's done a lot of stuff with Chris Stapleton in the past, and that makes sense to me that they would go with somebody that's kind of in that country space Southern accents radio with Dave Cobb, that seems to be a kind of a thing out there as well. I never start on these things, and this is what I'm gonna say, because I want you to talk, because.
Speaker 2: These are your guys.
Speaker 4: If you like Mumford and Sons, I will not and I will take calls on this seven one three five I said, I'll take calls on this, but I've got rules. If you like Mumford and Sons and you try to tell me that you don't like this, yeah, I'm gonna punch you in the face.
Speaker 2: If you don't like Mumford and Sons, you're not gonna like this song. This is mumforton song.
Speaker 6: It is exactly what you would imagine a Mumford and Son's song would be, and I was a little bit worried, Like this morning, I heard a little preview of it when we were doing the headlines, but like, you lost Winston as your banjo player, so I was like, is there gonna be banjo in this? What's going on? You do still hear banjo in this? Would imagine that the Marcus probably doing that in the studio. But it's the lyrics are very on point with what Mumford and Son to write about. The bass drum right there just is the heart of the whole song, just like it has always been for almost every Mumford and Son's song. It's anthemic, like all of Mumford and Son's hits have kind of been.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I liked it. I liked it a lot. I can't. I hope that we get to keep playing it.
Speaker 6: But I'm gonna dive into this this weekend and I'm really excited to do that.
Speaker 2: Well that this is all we got.
Speaker 4: The album's not gonna be out yet, so this is their only release. So it's the title track. But like you said, you hear that driving bass drum, We just kind of hurt that with the lumineers.
Speaker 6: Yeah, dude, dude, which is another that was the key to what made them so successful too.
Speaker 2: But like they're not they don't change the formula.
Speaker 6: They lost a guy, they're down to man, and they're still not changing the formula, and I think it still works.
Speaker 4: I don't think this, I don't think this turns somebody into a Mumford and Sons fan. I think it's I just think this is a perfect song. It just sounds exactly like them.
Speaker 2: They've never gone off.
Speaker 6: And they did an EP called Johannesberg where they had some like African stuff that they were kind of doing in there too. That's one of my favorite Mumford and Sun's projects. But like they've been very consistent with every single album that they've put out.
Speaker 2: Good Morning Andrea.
Speaker 14: Hi, which you think ahead it's very Mumford and Sons. Like as soon as it started, I knew what it was and I was like, Okay, I like this. Yeah, Mumford and says is not a man that I specifically go look for. But when they come on, I don't change the I don't change the track because I like them. They're not my favorite, but I do like them.
Speaker 4: So Alice is just gonna roll his eyes because he's like, Okay, the old man's telling the same story over and over again.
Speaker 8: For me.
Speaker 4: If we're all out on my patio and I got a couple of hot dogs on the grill and this is playing in the background, and we're having a couple of beers.
Speaker 2: Nobody's upset that this is on the background. Ye, it's a good vibe song.
Speaker 8: Thank you. Yeah.
Speaker 14: Andrea was actually the first hair of tickets that I won on the show.
Speaker 5: So did you like him more after seeing him live?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 14: Definitely. We had a lot of fun.
Speaker 4: I went with my husband, Okay, that's awesome. All right, Andrew, we're going to lock him down too. Matthew, you're next up.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Hey, I love the song.
Speaker 14: I thought it was perfect on par.
Speaker 4: Yeah, on par for what you're expecting of Mumford and Son's right exactly.
Speaker 14: I have one tickets like the previous listener, and I saw them in concert and it was probably the best concert I've ever.
Speaker 2: Seen that WHOA their incredible live. Okay, I did get to see that. We got four seats. It was awesome, good stuff, man, Thank you.
Speaker 5: Matthew Colin, you're next up.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I thought it was great.
Speaker 2: I wasn't like Andrea.
Speaker 23: I wasn't a huge Muffert and Sons or alumineers fan, but I think you guys are two for two. That song kind of started soft, but once the chorus did, it gave me a little like Kings of Leon vibe.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I thought it was a great, great song.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think you're on point with all of that.
Speaker 4: Colin, thank you, Julio, good morning, Hey, good morning Rod All right, Julio down by the school yard.
Speaker 8: What you got?
Speaker 2: Well, it makes perfect chance it came out on Friday.
Speaker 8: I think why because that song was straight ass man, so.
Speaker 2: You can't jam it through the whole weekend. I feel like that would be a good thing to come out.
Speaker 5: It's Fanny Friday.
Speaker 8: I turned that on Bathway mant it when it was on.
Speaker 5: You didn't like it?
Speaker 2: You're not a Mumford and Sence fan normally, are you.
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Have they ever done a song that you liked?
Speaker 17: Man?
Speaker 8: Really?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So you don't like that sound?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: All right, that makes sense. Julio, thank you, Nino, Good morning morning, brother rod Man. We're talking about this new Mumfort and Sun song.
Speaker 8: What do you think, m I'm not the biggest Mumfort and Suns fan.
Speaker 2: But I did enjoy the song. I really did get. Probably can add it to a playlist in Spotify.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think mixed in.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you're thinking Spotify.
Speaker 4: I'm always thinking about where I work, you know, the buzz and h But I'm thinking this mixed in, you know, in between Shining Down and in between the Chili Peppers and between a Nirvana song. It's it's I like, I like the texture in between. Everyone knows I'm a rocker, everyone knows I'm a guitar guy. But but having that wall of guitar coming in one after another after another. I like the texture of something like this. I like it laced in with the playlist here. Okay, so you're Spotify.
Speaker 2: Guess what you know?
Speaker 4: What put foods on my What puts food on my table? Ninety four five the buzz? I'd like this song?
Speaker 15: K Yeah, well, but I know, yeah, it's very fun, very jammy, and I enjoyed the tempo of it and everything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can't complain that. It's like I don't know what he's singing about, though, I got to take myself.
Speaker 8: Out of that.
Speaker 6: I like reminiscing being good, being bad, all kinds of stuff like that, and then I looked it up rushmeir as a place in Suffolk County, England.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're English by a place in it. Joey, wrap this up for me. What do you think of this Mumford and Sun song?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 22: It sounds like an AI generated Mumford and Sun song, just like I took a compilation of every single one out there, which if you like it, you like it right, Yeah, but it kind of sounds like everything else that they put out there. But you know, you're just basically what everyone else is saying.
Speaker 4: You're not wrong doing You're not wrong. It sounds but I said that at the beginning. It sounds just like a Mumfort and Sun song. That's the problem with being an artist. Do you just keep getting spoon feeding your fans, you keep spoon feeding in the same thing over and over.
Speaker 2: Again because that's why they like you.
Speaker 4: Or do you just as you get older, your taste change, you have different ideas, you spread your wings a little bit, you experiment a little more, and the question is are are your fans gonna go on that journey with you?
Speaker 6: The thing I like about Marcus Mumfort is I feel like he doesn't ever put out something that he's not all in on, Like there's never like a half assed Mumford and Son's thing.
Speaker 2: And it does sound very on brand with that Mumford does.
Speaker 6: But it's like, you know that mar he waited so long to put this album out, probably because he wanted to be perfect, good stuff.
Speaker 2: Joey, thank you, man. I appreciate the call.
Speaker 5: Is this something we're doing every couple of hours?
Speaker 2: I am not sure.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure either, but I'm glad we got to share this moment together. I love sharing new music with you guys. Thank you for your input. Show ninety four five, The Buzz four five, The Buzz, Good Morning Rob Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: That's just what I was talking about, like how I like the texture.
Speaker 4: Listen, Breaking Mumford and Sons is not my favorite band, but I liked the song that we played. And then you get back to doing what we're kind of known for, the buzz rocking stuff like Breaking Benjamin. Those those are the girls that brought us to the dance, you know, those are the bands that you know, built the phone of this radio station. I like the texture of having a Mumford and Sons and that's exactly what we do. You get Mumford and Sons on there, and then okay, boom, let's go back and get something with a guitar, you know, like, yeah, I don't mind a little banjo here and there, okay, And just backing up what people said, I'm good with that Lumineer song that we play too, I am.
Speaker 24: I am.
Speaker 4: I don't know if that stuff will make it into what we call heavy rotation here on ninety four to five the Buzz, but I know that we're spinning him and I want to mention this just because I'm getting my information from Mumford and Sons following them on Instagram. Marcus Mumford looks like an actor that dabbles in music.
Speaker 2: He looks like an actor that we played Tim Tebow.
Speaker 5: Yeah, or David Arquette.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Maybe it's maybe it's a standalone mustache. But he's got actor he's got actor handsomeness, and he does look like he should be an actor first and then a musician second.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: When you look at him, and I've met him before, he's a really, really nice guy. And then he lays on that that charming British accent, its lights out. I can imagine like, you know, that guy's got to be killing it out.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't know anything about his personal life, but yeah, he just you look at him and he's like, why is this guy?
Speaker 2: Is he acting?
Speaker 6: What's what sitcom is he on? I mean he helped out a lot with Ted Lasso. He was like the music director kind of in that.
Speaker 4: But was he ever I mean, I know you watched you. Was he ever an Easter egg or anything on Ted Lasso?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I don't think so. I mean he had, they had three or four songs they were on there, But.
Speaker 4: You'd think maybe you'd see him in and there's a reporter or something with a group of people, and maybe he would just kind of be in there.
Speaker 6: Well, he started I think like he started out his career in Wimbledon, which is where their AFC Wimbledon is the team in ted Lasso, So I think that was like he was kind of tied to like that area.
Speaker 2: Gotcha.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, good morning everybody. I hope you're off to a great start to your day. I can't wait to hear more from you guys. Next hour is open phones Friday. We got things to do, though, and we're gonna get to those tickets you forgot already. We're gonna get to those tickets that we hadn't gotten to yet. But I got tickets for you coming up here. I got beer for you, open phones, alternative income. We'll leave you with Buzzfest tickets. I hope you're going to look at links and guests please. I hope you are checking out some of the things. Chili's got a lot on there today and we just kind of threw everything at you this week. Some of the things that we have coming up. Valentine's Day is just around the corner. So the Mile of Meat. I know that's a long ways off, but we are taking applications.
Speaker 2: For Mile of Meat.
Speaker 4: Single dudes can now sign up, and then one hundred bottles of carbock Love Street on the wall. We're taking your photographs of you and your Love Street blonde. Somebody asks, hey, I got you know, I got some citrus here, Let's go Love Street blonde. I'm gonna make the call. It has to be specifically Love Street blonde. I don't care if it's in a bottle or a can, but Love Street blonde. That's what We're going to have. One hundred of you on the board during the Big Game and five hundred dollars per quarter. Okay, so that is something that you have some homework to work on. We're not putting up anybody on the board right now. Don't worry, nobody's got to jump on you. But you have some homework this weekend, enjoy a couple of love street blonds. Get a photograph of you, caressing it, drinking it, whatever you want, just like a selfie though, and maybe we'll get you on the beer board. Today is Customer Service Day.
Speaker 2: Said, I'm like you.
Speaker 5: I get frustrated on the phone and everything.
Speaker 4: Okay, for some reason in my life, I always realize that, you know what, the problem that I'm having, it's really not the fault of the person that's on the phone with me, right, but I'm angry and I don't So here's just a reminder.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's customer service Day. I don't know what that.
Speaker 4: I don't have any pro tips for you, but I do have maybe a secret code, all right, and this is for everything in life moving forward, because I'm just like you. Okay, You're on the phone, boom on the phone for a long time, awful hold music is playing and the person comes on I'll say this the secret code and maybe this is to life.
Speaker 3: And here you go.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna leave you with something big. Getting someone to do something you want starts with just being kind.
Speaker 5: Pro tip from me too.
Speaker 4: If you want to get somebody to do something for you, what's better yelling at them or being nice?
Speaker 8: Hi?
Speaker 2: Be nice? Probably probably probably them for sure. Being nice, you could scare them into doing it something.
Speaker 5: All right, That's the most important thing you're gonna learn today.
Speaker 4: On the show ninety four and five The Buzz Welcome Back Rod Ryan's show Man.
Speaker 2: I forgot to give away those tickets. I said I was gonna give away.
Speaker 4: I even said, before I started yapping about customer service day, I said, I'm gonna get to the tickets and then bolm, I still didn't give them away. Here we go, Papa Roach Rise Against. It's all right, we're still getting them in within the hour that I said I was gonna give them away.
Speaker 5: Papa Roach Rise Against.
Speaker 4: Rise of the Roach Tour twenty twenty five with special guests under oath March twentieth, Toyota Center. Tickets on sale out through ticketmaster.
Speaker 2: Dot com.
Speaker 4: Call me seven, one, three, two and two five nine four five. It's the Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz. Good morning, Rob Ryan Show Linkold Park in the emptiness machine.
Speaker 2: Over to the.
Speaker 4: Phones here, better late than never, Good morning, good morning.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this Hi? My name is Ashley. Okay, one person's not mad at me. Ashley. You got the tickets. Congratulations, good sir, Thank you guys so much.
Speaker 4: We're gonna get your indocy popa Roach Rise against March twentieth Toyota Center.
Speaker 2: There you have it all right, you got them.
Speaker 4: Oh so excited. Thank you, Ron. I'm excited. I'm excited about that show too, Ashley, hang on the phone for me. Have an awesome weekend.
Speaker 3: Here's well.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 4: Okay, the cloudest guys today, ten percent chance of rain. Guys, it's gonna get up to almost seventy degrees today. That is going to change drastically. Not so much tomorrow, but starting on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, then we're talking about there's gonna be times in the morning it might get down to the twenties.
Speaker 5: What that's pipe bursting stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so listen, I'm not trying to, you know, make anybody more afraid than you need to be. But if you got some pipes that need to be wrapped and all that, today's gonna be a nice day to get it done.
Speaker 2: So today's gonna be awesome if you're gonna get outside and do something.
Speaker 5: I noticed yesterday too.
Speaker 4: It was still a little chilli out, but boy the bike path that people were out, man yesterday, Get out today.
Speaker 5: Enjoy your weekend.
Speaker 4: Can't wait till you talk about the textans coming up for first Houston headlines.
Speaker 2: Well, good morning everyone.
Speaker 6: The lineup for the Fire Aid benefit concert supporting La wildfire relief has finally been announced. It includes some of music's biggest acts like Billie Eilish, The Red Hot, Chili Peppers, Green Day, Jelly Roll, Lady Gaga, and Mini Mini more. It'll take place on January thirtieth, so next Thursday, at the Kia for Him and the Intuit Dome in La. Fans worldwide can stream this show in through multiple platforms like Apple Music, Netflix in Prime Video. It'll also be broadcast on eight hundred and sixty iHeartRadio stations.
Speaker 2: Tickets to the concert go on sale Wednesday. I'll say this, it's a good round lineup. Whatever you're into, there's something for yes, thank you, I mean readout.
Speaker 4: Chili Peppers and Green Day are two of the biggest offerings that we have for our format, and.
Speaker 6: They're a part of this in general, fits like three formats. Gal is that Stevie Nicks if you're into classical music, Earth Wind and Fire there Yep.
Speaker 4: Pop is represented with the Katy Perry, Lady Gagas of the World, Cray Pink, so yeah, Gwen Stefani. There's a lot on here. It's a pretty good lineup, Classic Rod Stewart, Sting, Steven Still, Stevie Nicks. There's a little bit of everything.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what. They did a good job curating against them too, They really did.
Speaker 6: That's why they waited so long to announce it, I guess because we were talking about this on Monday after trying to put it together. The Biden administration does not make or does that plan to have any action taken to enforce the TikTok band is set to go in place on Sunday. They say that their view is that TikTok should continue to operate under an American ownership, but that they will leave the implementation of that to the incoming Trump administration. So I don't know and I go away my not but I would imagine it like Monday or Tuesday is probably when something would really happen then if Trump is.
Speaker 2: In charge of it, Yeah, okay, we'll see when people come in and buy it. But I don't know.
Speaker 4: Is there one of you that's listening to the show today that you're freaking out like you make your Is there one Rod Ryan show listener that makes a living on TikTok?
Speaker 2: I don't think so gamble like an adult. Come on.
Speaker 4: I mean, if you have a huge following and you're getting money for people watching to do dumb dances, good for you.
Speaker 2: They just say go follow me here, and then wouldn't they follow you to that?
Speaker 6: If you were so like mister Beast, could go to anything and everybody would follow them there?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 4: Any of you making money off of TikTok that are really get the logic behind I'm not saying that you don't like TikTok or you just don't like it as an extra social media. I'm wondering is it affecting your income? Is there somebody that's making money on tiko that listens to the show. I'd like to hear from you.
Speaker 2: I would imagine.
Speaker 8: Somebody like that.
Speaker 2: All right, what else?
Speaker 6: Progresso is selling cough drops that tastes just like chicken noodle soup. They immediately sold out of these when they put them on sale online, but they're gonna be making and selling.
Speaker 2: Two more batches. They're called soup dropped soup drops.
Speaker 6: And they're not medicated anyway, so technically they're not cough drops.
Speaker 2: They're marketing as soup flavored candy.
Speaker 6: You can get twenty soup drops for two dollars and forty nine cents, and you're gonna also get a can of actual chicken noodle soup with your orders, so you can.
Speaker 2: Still have some of the food too. It's pretty nice. Progressa's press release says.
Speaker 6: When you're sick, nothing is truly more reassuring than chicken noodle soup. So we thought, why stop it just the soup bowl. I mean I would try them. I would try them, not saying I'd love them, but I think I like the idea. Oh I don't want to suck on my soup.
Speaker 2: Think outside the box. There to be different. Rod you are scare to be different. If I call you a soup sucker, it's not even like, who's sucking that cough drop? We could play that game. There's a game idea?
Speaker 4: All right, this is this is the Twin Peaks. Like the theme song doesn't even sound familiar to me. I don't think I ever watched even a minute of the show when it was on, and I know it was a big deal at the time.
Speaker 2: Only Twin Peaks. I know about the Lovely Ladies. Oh there's your restaurant. Oh yeah.
Speaker 6: We did lose a couple of legends yesterday. David Lynch, the director, passed away after battling emphysema. He was seventy eight years old. Lynch is known for Twin Peaks, Dune, Blue Velvet, eraser Head, and many more. We also lost broadcaster Bob Yucker to lung cancer just a bit outside that's what you might mostly.
Speaker 2: Remember him from.
Speaker 6: He was a legendary broadcaster for the Milwaukee Brewers, but also featured in the movie Major League, as well as some iconic millerte beer commercials.
Speaker 2: So rest in peace to both of those legends.
Speaker 6: In Music News Russia is Alex Leipston is not interested in a Rush reunion, even though he jams with Geddy Lee every single week. He thinks that putting a new version of the band together without drummer and Neil Peart.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't have the same magic as it used to.
Speaker 6: Peart passed away five years ago, Livestince said that he would rather be remembered for that legacy than returning. Is what he calls a top Rush tribute band, so he thinks that any sort of reunion with band members that are not the original band members is kind of just being a tribute band. I don't hate his logic, but then it's also worked in many other cases. But that Those are your headlines on The Rod Ryan Show. Now into sports, go take it. It is the Division Round of the NFL Playoffs this week and the Texans are gonna get it started tomorrow when they play Patrick Mahomes and the Kansas City Chiefs on the road. Texans are eight point underdogs in that game that's gonna kick off at three thirty. You can watch it on ESPN and ABC. Other divisional round games this weekend. Tomorrow night, it'll be Lions taking on the Commanders at seven. Then on Sunday at two o'clock it's Rams at Eagles, and the big game of the weekend outside the Texans at five point thirty on Sunday, it's Rod Ryan's Bills hosting the Baltimore Ravens. Great weekend for football. Don't play anything, it's gonna cold. Just hang out inside and watch football.
Speaker 2: That's all you gotta do.
Speaker 6: In basketball, the Rockets felled to the Kings last night, seven, the loss into their five game winning streak. So they're twenty seven and thirteen on the year. They're the second best team in the Western Conference. Right now, They're gonna have a day off before playing the Trailblazers tomorrow night in Portland.
Speaker 2: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 4: My friend Alex, but.
Speaker 2: Airybody sports best up here. This is exactly what I look like when a job out moment, when a job with my boss, my boss.
Speaker 12: Slapping the bass moment, slapping the best moment, slapping the bass moment.
Speaker 2: I slep with Dupa, Please hunt.
Speaker 17: Do that.
Speaker 2: Whole day and the Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 3: Ninety five, the bus hit it.
Speaker 2: Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: You got there, Bam Friday.
Speaker 2: You got a free Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday.
Speaker 3: And you're right, Bam Friday.
Speaker 7: Bam Friday, Man.
Speaker 2: Friday, Good morning rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 3: Good morning brother rod Well.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this Justin? Are you from Stafford, Texas?
Speaker 8: I am not?
Speaker 2: Oh Jesus you Alex been on.
Speaker 4: That one where you're from Justin tomb Okay, even if you were from Stafford.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the ruin of the odds of this, you're the you're the tech caller. It was just really on.
Speaker 4: Our first two beer winners today were from Stafford. Eddie got us started, Megan from Kingwood.
Speaker 5: Not a swinger.
Speaker 4: Uh eight o'clock, and now we got Justin possibly a swinger. I haven't asked yet. I don't there's anything wrong with that.
Speaker 2: Justin has the fourth and final case of beer. Congratulations Justin, Thank you, Thank you? All right listen Tom Ball, Yes, sir, I'll try to keep track over here. Okay, what you got going on this weekend?
Speaker 8: Dude sitting on a portune of drinking twenty four beers?
Speaker 4: Now, yeah, that what he said. Congratulations Justin, have a great weekend doing that.
Speaker 8: Okay, thank you, Sarah, you did the same.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Man.
Speaker 4: I will I will be triking a few beers watching the football games. Can't wait watch a couple of football games. All right, Sureley's got the daunting task of trying to turn these phone lines around.
Speaker 13: Because oh yeah, open phones for Friday, Open phones for Friday, more like open phones fry game.
Speaker 5: Yeah it is open phones.
Speaker 4: I can squeeze on like one or two real quick ones, because then I'm up against this whole thing where I'm trying to give you guys one thousand dollars an alternative income. I am gonna leave you with Buzzfest tickets before we get out of here.
Speaker 5: You have homework this weekend.
Speaker 2: Enjoying your Love Street Blondes.
Speaker 4: Take a picture, Take a selfie of you and your Love Street Blonde, and then submit it via the website to get the one hundred bottles of Love Street Blonde on the wall. Okay, looks like Chris got in first on open phones.
Speaker 2: Hi Chris, how's it go.
Speaker 5: It's going great so far?
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 4: How are you? I'm doing wonderful, doing wonderful.
Speaker 15: Just wanted to talk a little bit of football, please please Sody this season, I've never really been a football fan, but you know, I'm a single dad. I got my kids this weekend, and I've just started really getting into football this season, and it's been something that I've been looking forward to every weekend, you know.
Speaker 3: Three hours.
Speaker 15: Actually last Sunday, I watched your Bills.
Speaker 2: I'm going to root for them. If the Texans can't.
Speaker 15: Do it against the Chiefs this weekend, so go Bills. It's so like that, And yeah, I just wanted to say, it's it's magic. It's like watching a violent chess game.
Speaker 8: I love it.
Speaker 4: What was stopping you from watching football before? It seems you know, you're obviously late to the game.
Speaker 15: I know, I've just never really been a big sports guy. I've been a lifelong Astros fan, but I don't know, I just never got into it. But I decided to, and I'd be downstairs yelling at the TV my kids to come down, be like, what's wrong.
Speaker 8: What are you doing?
Speaker 4: I'm watching football?
Speaker 15: They're like, you are watching football? And it kind of It took a month or so and then they started watching with me. So it's turned into this thing that we do on the weekends. I don't know what I'm gonna do after it's over.
Speaker 8: That was my question.
Speaker 5: Do you get the kids involved?
Speaker 4: Because London is she's gonna be seven, and you know she knows and she you know, she roots for Josh Allen, and she roots for the Bills, and she's a Texans fan too. She does it right in our house, but she doesn't want to sit down and watch a game with me, not yet anyways.
Speaker 5: So she's running.
Speaker 4: Around and you know, she'll have her little girlfriend over and they'll be that's fine, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I don't mind.
Speaker 4: The distractions are fine. I know where they are, but I'll get to watch some football though. I'm excited.
Speaker 15: Right they come and go, come and go, They sit and go five minutes away and then come back.
Speaker 2: What did we score? Yes, So it's been it's been great.
Speaker 15: I'm loving it and I'm gonna I'm going to keep that up, so I hope to learn more about it.
Speaker 4: That's awesome that you know what Texans and Go Bills. I'm so glad you're on board. Thank you, Thank you for getting the started. An awesome first call to start us with. Yeah, yeah, yeah, And you know, I'm not anybody that comes in late. You just got to like welcome him in. It's like those new people at the gym in the beginning of the year. Be nice to them, Okay, be nice to them. This guy hasn't watched football's whole life. He just started watching.
Speaker 2: Hey, great, dude, best is the best sport there is. Yeah, I'm glad you're in.
Speaker 5: I'm glad you're in. Guys, we got a chance for you to win a thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Good luck to you.
Speaker 3: The rod Ryan Morning Show, six am.
Speaker 4: The Welcome Back Everybody, rod Ryan's Show. We'll get back to your phone calls. I got every phone line ringing right now. That's great news, man. I can't wait to hear from you guys. Let's let Alex do his thing.
Speaker 13: There line Kids, Alex Online ninety four five, The much.
Speaker 8: Right, What you got?
Speaker 2: All Right?
Speaker 6: Today's a well, you're gonna see if you say common phrases the same way that other people do, Like do you say tongue in cheek or tongue and.
Speaker 2: Cheek, tougue in cheek, tongue in cheek.
Speaker 6: Tongue and cheek sixteen percent? And people say tongue into cheak, tongue in cheek. Is that the proper way to say it? I guess I mean this isn't a proper way. It's just the way that most people are saying. Yeah, yes, do you say statue of limitations or statute of limitations.
Speaker 5: That's a statute of limitations.
Speaker 2: Statute is the correct way. Eighty eight percent of people do that. Can I ask you one? Okay, something was said on the air just this week, and I was going to actually bring this up.
Speaker 4: I didn't know you were doing this.
Speaker 2: I've heard documentary and documentary.
Speaker 4: Documentary or documentary documentary. I've heard documentary docula say documentary documentary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's documentary.
Speaker 4: I love watching documentaries. I love watching documentaries documentary. I think i'd like go between the two.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I probably do too. I also like fool proof and fool proof. Is it like full fol or is it full proof? Like this is no, like you can't even fool I bet you.
Speaker 5: I say foolproof, and it's supposed to be foolproof.
Speaker 2: I think it is foolproof, like even a fool could do this. What about nip it in the butt or nip it in the bud? Nip it in the bud? When I get right, that is the correct.
Speaker 6: On a ninety five percent If people say that one, so go check it out. See if you say these things right or.
Speaker 2: Wrong with the world. Famish rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 5: Hey, you're in Luck, It's open phones Friday.
Speaker 4: All right, let's go.
Speaker 5: I think Andrew has been on hold the longest.
Speaker 2: Hey Andrea, Hey, I called in.
Speaker 14: Earlier about the month freaking song soong. But I just want to talk about two things.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 14: One, my schedule is not that so I will be listening to you all all four hours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nice, Thank you too.
Speaker 14: I think that National Customer Service Day should be National fight a Customer.
Speaker 4: Day, Like somebody is here, somebody's on the other side of the counter. Here, go ahead, Andrea.
Speaker 14: Nothing that you can give us to appreciate the customer services people will make up for the abuse people in customer service receive.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, I tell I'm going through the hiring process right now. I mean I need to hire a co host, and I always ask about, you know, if you have food service background. I tend to like those people, but I also like people that have dealt with customers before, because man, you've been thrown everything and you've dealt with every asshole on the planet.
Speaker 2: And I'm thinking, if I need a co host here, they got to deal with me. So it's you know, you're not going to deal with me. You should be able to handle that. Yeah, all right, and what.
Speaker 4: Do you do?
Speaker 5: Andrea?
Speaker 14: I'm a right share driver, which is why I'm going to be listening to y'all. I refuse to go back under the mercy of a middle manager who is going to bend over backwards for the customers. I am now my own boss. I am looking for a job, but until I get a permanent one, this is what I'm doing.
Speaker 8: Good.
Speaker 14: It's exactly the same money as being a server, because if if a rider starts acting up, I can be like, pull over to the side and get out.
Speaker 4: You are not doing this in my car.
Speaker 2: I love it. And you can make them listen to us so you can give us new listeners too. I love that. Thank you. Jake is next up. Jake, You're on open phones Friday. Good morning, Good morning brother.
Speaker 8: Wow, what's up?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 6: Dude?
Speaker 24: What do you up for?
Speaker 8: Got a pitch for the danger Zone game?
Speaker 5: Are we playing something called the danger Zone game? I think I've mentioned it on the air.
Speaker 8: Check check this out. So remember the falla La la lah game? Right?
Speaker 4: Move it?
Speaker 8: So you go to the drive through and you ask the uh the drive to your guy, So you tell.
Speaker 10: Them I'm gonna take your right into the and he has to say changer zone.
Speaker 5: And then booms, you win.
Speaker 2: What's up? I don't hate that.
Speaker 8: Oh that's dope, man, is great.
Speaker 4: I thought what you were gonna say is you go up to the window and you go no, no, no, to see if they know what you're doing.
Speaker 8: That would be awesome. Think about it, Think about it.
Speaker 10: That would be awesome.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, this show is silly.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Jake.
Speaker 2: Like minded people coming together, and let's think about it.
Speaker 4: Like minded people.
Speaker 2: In the morning.
Speaker 4: Brandy, Brandy, you're a fine girl, Brandy, Good morning, Good morning, brother Rod.
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 14: I just wanted to say, my birthday tomorrow.
Speaker 6: It's gonna be a good.
Speaker 4: Weekend that Monday off.
Speaker 2: That sided.
Speaker 4: How often does your birthday land on this long weekend? Every seven years?
Speaker 14: Well, the time my birthday usually falls around MLK, so I usually get Someday off around my birthday.
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 4: What are you doing?
Speaker 5: What are you doing for your birthday?
Speaker 4: I'm going out with my best friend. We're spending the day together, get her makeup done.
Speaker 2: Just holidays. The girls love that. Girls.
Speaker 5: Now you don't have to answer this, can I ask you.
Speaker 2: How old you are before I'll be forty seven forty seven tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, listen, you guys have a great time this weekend, the perfect age, Brandy Long Weekend, Brandy's weekend, and m okays.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, his day is Monday, Thank you, not week Thank you so much. Fernando, good morning.
Speaker 8: What's up Ron?
Speaker 2: Two things?
Speaker 8: Yes, sir, go Texans. We're gonna win.
Speaker 25: Everybody's doubting us against the Chief.
Speaker 4: Can I tell you that Billy was on this morning and he gave me a twenty seven to fourteen Texans over KC. I'm gonna write this down because I'm give you your flowers on Monday. Fernando, what's your score?
Speaker 25: I'm gonna go ahead and I'm gonna say we're gonna win thirty five to twenty four, oh Ny, twenty four, Thirs.
Speaker 4: I want you guys to be right more than I've ever wanted listeners to be right in their life.
Speaker 2: I can't tell you.
Speaker 25: I only to say that because I want to see your bills in the AFC Championship so we can do what we did earlier in the season.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's fine, dude.
Speaker 4: That's the best case scenario for me, and I don't think the Bills have a walk in the park versus the Baltimore Ravens. Although the Bills have not lost at home all year, they both play in cold conditions. That is going to be a quarterback clinic. Those two have one more things. Yeah, please as the.
Speaker 25: Official sleep theory ambassador, I am going to need some sleep theory played more.
Speaker 8: On ninety four or five.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm dubbed it by pets. I think there's a form. Where is the that I'm looking for, the sleep theory form that's chili Peppers. Clearly that one's been chilled out. Listen, I know there's a form around here, the one that says play this is it?
Speaker 4: No note Nirvana. There's a form here that's that. We'll have to fill that out to get more sleep theory played.
Speaker 2: But I'll find that form and then we'll get to that, Okay, Fernando, Yeah, there have a good one man man. All right, bro Adam the cop has already been on the show today.
Speaker 5: It's the second appearance.
Speaker 2: What are you doing well, I'm not writing another speech, I promise you that.
Speaker 5: So that speech was horrible, but you won this morning.
Speaker 2: Who cares?
Speaker 4: The guy that won fresh out of head head to head last year is your one day champion. He's playing on Monday again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, animals.
Speaker 8: I couldn't believe I got it.
Speaker 4: Somebody sent in an email. I'll have to paraphrase. I don't have it in front of me, he said. With you guys calling in, it's like when you offer a bounty for something and then all of the henchmen, all the famous henchmen are going after that prize to try to capture that person first. That's what's happening with all of these Hall of famers getting in early in the morning. All right, so you've already been on.
Speaker 2: What else do you want to talk about? It's your open foos.
Speaker 15: Just a reminder trying to the crossby Columbus Club is putting on a chili not really chili cookoff February first.
Speaker 8: I would like for as many people as we can get signed up for it.
Speaker 4: You can find a flyer over on my Twitter at Adam the cop TX.
Speaker 8: There's a QR.
Speaker 22: Code for all the rules, the entry everything on there for the details.
Speaker 8: Remember chili no beans.
Speaker 2: If you want beans in it, you can put into not really chilli category.
Speaker 8: Guys, But come on, let's be real. We know beans, I'm going Chili.
Speaker 15: If you want a chance to beat me at something, it's not going to be the game Monday through Thursday.
Speaker 8: Next week, you might have a chance on beating me in the cookoff. I doubt it, but here's your opportunity.
Speaker 14: February first, I'd like to see y'all out there.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Adam, stay safe out there. Oh I heard Nichole's having a birthday today. Nicole, your birthday today?
Speaker 24: Yes, it's my birthday, and I want to give a shout out to Dallas Daniel If Steven Anderson so wishing me happy birthday on.
Speaker 4: Facebook, Oh that's very nice of them, and I well, then why don't you thank me because I just said happy birthday, Nicole.
Speaker 2: I'm going on your face book right now. What do you got going on this weekend?
Speaker 8: Thank you?
Speaker 24: Well, I'm working in Tampa, so I'm still here. I've been here now, it'll be a week and I'm here for two more weeks.
Speaker 5: So you're going to all partying though?
Speaker 4: Or what I mean? Do you have you met anybody there?
Speaker 5: Do you have people to go party with?
Speaker 24: I think a co worker is going to drive in from two hours to take me out to eat tonight. But you know, we're all scattered all over Tampa.
Speaker 2: So a lot of strip joints in Tampa. It's like number one.
Speaker 8: I think.
Speaker 5: Yes, I'm just saying there's a lot of strip joints in Tampa.
Speaker 24: I'm not sure we're going to do that, but I'll see what we can do.
Speaker 2: Live a little.
Speaker 4: Okay, stop putting restrictions on yourself.
Speaker 24: Yeah, I'll make sure I take pictures for the six picks for Monday.
Speaker 4: Okay, Nicole, thank you, Happy birthday to you. That's another line open, seven one, three, two and two five nine four five. You want in our open phones, come get it, I mean, come get it.
Speaker 2: We have one of our runs, the Ron Ryan Show on the Buzz.
Speaker 4: Ninety four The Buzz. It's three days, Grace and so called Life. Good morning, Rob Ryan's Show. Thank you, thank you, thank you for having us on.
Speaker 2: Oh there's that sweet sweet music.
Speaker 4: It's good Win Phones Friday. Yeah, let's go back over to the phones here. What do you guys want to talk about? Seven one, three fives you. Every phone line's pretty busy right now, but we'll clear some of them out. Miguel, you're next up on open phones. Good morning, Good morning r.
Speaker 2: How you doing great man?
Speaker 5: What do you got for open phones today?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Nothing I know is just I have the Three Mustard Jams coming up, Yes, sir. I don't know if you've mentioned or what. Yeah, I have you all a special going on the deeply discounted nine dollars and forty five cent ticket.
Speaker 17: Yes, sir, trying to see if we get something going on.
Speaker 5: I got the okay on it, I got the I got the green light.
Speaker 4: I just don't have the dates yet when we're doing it, but they said we could, so I'm waiting to hear back from them. The ball is in their core right now, meeting the Monster Jam people, but they've approved it, so I don't know how many tickets I ask for fifteen hundred to go on sale at that deep discount price, so they didn't stamp that one specifically. They just said we plan on doing the discounted tickets and that's all I know.
Speaker 2: So it's coming. Sorry, I don't have the exact answer you want. That's all yet. Long as it's coming.
Speaker 4: Like I said, we just got to wait ye once to get the date and then hopefully we get lucky yep, we will crazy it sure does. All right, we will mention it. We will put it on socials and everything so that you see it, so you know well enough going into it. Manny is next up on open phones.
Speaker 2: Hello, Yay, how's it going great?
Speaker 4: Manny?
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 8: Talk to me?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I was just calling in.
Speaker 10: Uh talk a little of Texans and also the Houston Auto Show coming up?
Speaker 4: When is the Auto Show? I think we have tickets. Maybe next week we're gonna be given away.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh cool.
Speaker 8: Though it's coming up.
Speaker 10: It's going to be the January twenty through February second, Wednesday through Sunday.
Speaker 8: I'll be there on Sunday. I'll do a little networking.
Speaker 2: I got to ask, and I don't know this because I haven't given I haven't been like given my stuff.
Speaker 4: Like what we're giving away? Is it the new cars or is it the hot rods? Like, it's not auto rama, that's that's thanks that's Thanksgiving.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think it's just a new car.
Speaker 2: This is the new car show where they're like all the new stuff.
Speaker 5: You can see what the new models look like. Okay, that's cool too.
Speaker 4: I like going to that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I work in the industry. So I'm kind of like my excuse to go.
Speaker 4: You know, do you do a lot of networking doing that you're passing out business cards and stuff.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, pretty much like because I'm in the part of the industry enough.
Speaker 5: Auto people party, are there after parties and.
Speaker 8: Stuff out for those if you meet the right people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I want to go to.
Speaker 5: Listen, car people. Auto people party. Yeah they party.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, they party.
Speaker 8: It's usually like happy hours and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Okay, well many keep us in mind.
Speaker 4: We want to go.
Speaker 10: Oh for and they got a deal in the tickets to twenty bucks persue the family are four though, No.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, dude, I work here. I can get auto show tickets. I want to go to the parties.
Speaker 8: Oh okay, the parties. Well, I'll be there if I see you.
Speaker 5: All right, Manny, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: Next up on open phones is Nathan Hey, brother Rod, how you doing?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 2: So great? So ready for this weekend?
Speaker 25: Man, I'm so ready for this weekend too, man. And I don't care about the freeze, man, I'm thinking football.
Speaker 8: I'm taking your bills.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 25: You guys have really held it down, man, the three of you guys.
Speaker 8: Man the three gentlemen.
Speaker 25: Thank you, Chilly, the Alex, the Brother rod Man. I'll tell you, man, life goes on.
Speaker 4: Man, you just got to keep pressing forward. Well, let me just take this time. I appreciate your kind words, Nathan. We are actively searching for a co host on the show. There will be a fourth member. It's in my contract that I'm I have four full time employees on this show. So thank god I put that in my contract years ago. But yes, sir, these guys have stepped it up so much. Alex and Chilling, they have stepped up, and it's just another thing why these guys have been around as long as they have.
Speaker 2: It's like I say, Heyx is a conqueror.
Speaker 25: Alex is a conqueror man. Yes, I don't know what anybody says Alex is a conqueror man.
Speaker 4: No, he absolutely is. And he's doing a lot more work. He's down playing it. He's down playing it.
Speaker 25: Yeah, I'm telling you, I'm telling you the guy. The guy's a beast man. It's just like, you know, push a button. This is what's gonna happen the rod Ryan Show right now. I mean, I can't believe you guys are doing so great with just three.
Speaker 2: Gents, man, and you're doing great.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Nathan.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you I appreciate it, and I s the mail. I share your excitement. Mister Middleton on what we're doing was that your dad was not my dad. Okay, Hey, Stacy, Hi, Hi, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm great? How are you? I'm doing awesome? Chili says, I gotta be worried about you? Why would I?
Speaker 5: He said, I gotta be.
Speaker 4: I mean sometimes he gets I don't always subscribed it with the way Chili feels.
Speaker 5: Why would I need to worry about you?
Speaker 10: Well, that's because I represent the Chief Kingdom.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I just hang out.
Speaker 4: But what what do you want?
Speaker 2: You're calling the wrong show called Teresa.
Speaker 3: I mean, you talk about your bills.
Speaker 2: I can talk about Kansas City, right, I guess go.
Speaker 4: We're all sick of you. We're all sick of you. I speak for everybody except people from the Kingdom. Apparently we're all sick of you. Enough with the chiefs Okay enough, No.
Speaker 3: It's great to be the villain.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you got to even be sick of your own team.
Speaker 3: No, I love it. We were bad for so long, so I'm happy to be here.
Speaker 4: How long have you lived here in Texas? You obviously are from You're obviously from there, right, Yes.
Speaker 2: From Overland Park, and that's on the Kansas side. Okay, you're boring me with things that I don't care about. How long have you been here? I've been here since twenty thirteen.
Speaker 4: Okay, there should be a little textan something in you at this point. No, okay, that's that's what Alex. That's that's how teams.
Speaker 2: Dude, I got it.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, give me all right, just because I've you're the last one, I'm gonna ask. I got Fernando, I got Billy. Now, I got Stinky Stacy. Stinky Stacy, give me a score.
Speaker 8: Oh, I'm gonna go closer like thirty seven thirty.
Speaker 26: Four, thirty seven, thirty four thirty seven Defense City. Okay, okay, Stinky Stacy call on Monday. We're working.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, okay, same with me.
Speaker 4: All right, we'll talk to you I'm Monday. Okay, thanks for being.
Speaker 19: So cool, Robbie, Good morning, mister Rye.
Speaker 5: Listen, this guy's not short on opinions about football.
Speaker 8: I know that for a fact.
Speaker 4: That guy loves beer. He loves free beer Friday and he loves it's probably it's probably drinking one.
Speaker 19: No, I try to pop the top on it.
Speaker 2: Guys, always listening to the show drinking it. You hear that? Yeah, we heard you, bro, We heard you.
Speaker 19: That's what I'm talking about. I want to start off. I want to start off with the bills. Okay, okay, Ravens and bills are one and a half. It ain't changed in two days, which means the money's going on both of them.
Speaker 2: Even just went down to one. Okay, he just went down to one.
Speaker 4: Ye.
Speaker 19: That means more money's going on the bills right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, who's got in a wheel by two?
Speaker 5: Bills by two?
Speaker 2: Damn it, that's too close.
Speaker 8: I love that.
Speaker 5: I'll take it.
Speaker 2: I'll take it by two. All right. Now, we're going to the Texas in please.
Speaker 19: Uh Well, what we need to do there is Mixon needs to hold the ball, he needs to control it. And I got them twenty three to twenty over the Chiefs.
Speaker 4: Okay, wait, wait, twenty three twenty.
Speaker 5: Texans.
Speaker 2: Which is the score they had over the bills, I believe earlier this year. Not to bring old things up, yeah, please, don't bring that up.
Speaker 19: They've already gone from eight yesterday down to seven and a half today. Lest y'all have something more updates than that. He's going on the Texans.
Speaker 5: My money is on Robbie always.
Speaker 4: Stinky Stacy was the last one I was going to write down, but how could I not write down?
Speaker 2: Robbie?
Speaker 4: All right, My guys are Billy, Fernando, Stinky Stacy and call her number ten Robbie three of which all three dudes picking the Texans to win. Stinky Stacy from Casey thirty seven thirty four. She's got Casey winning. I hope the guys are right. I hope Stinky Stacey calls me on Monday and I get to rub it in her face, because that would be a if. The Texans are going to have to shock the world here. This is not easy to be up again, Robbie Love.
Speaker 5: You mean it when I say it. Have a great weekend. Let's talk again on Monday.
Speaker 19: You have a great weekend.
Speaker 2: We'll holler at you then, thank you, my brother, thank you go Texans. All right, that's it.
Speaker 4: Thank you for the calls. I know it was very football heavy, but man, what a weekend, What a weekend. You guys got to be so excited and I didn't need any more excitement. Quick break Buzzfest tickets. We will leave you with those on the flip. We'll have a question for you.
Speaker 2: Stay there, Rock and Alternative to The.
Speaker 3: Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 12: The Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 4: Do Do Do Do Do Do doo?
Speaker 2: Getting ready to get out of here.
Speaker 10: Like that?
Speaker 2: That's really this one's better.
Speaker 5: Okay, this we never even tried to fit lyricist.
Speaker 4: No no, the show, No no, the show show, don't know the show show.
Speaker 2: Well, going over the.
Speaker 4: Weekend, Alex, you have a question. For sure, it's for Buzzfest tickets, everybody, It's for buzz best ticket best what's your question?
Speaker 6: So, El, today we were talking about what the top dream jobs that people are are saying right now.
Speaker 2: What is the number one dream job according to people right now? It was globally.
Speaker 6: I thought it would be for kids. I thought it would be streaming it is. I was nigh even close.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they weren't just asking kids. That's why those like TikTok Star wasn't high on the list.
Speaker 6: Tell me the number one dream job as of right now seven one three, two, one two five nine four five.
Speaker 2: If you know the show, We're going to party with you at Buzzfest.
Speaker 4: Hey Alexa play ninety four point five The Buzz on iHeartRadio ninety four point five.
Speaker 9: It's a bus station from iHeartRadio, Houston's Rock and Alternative.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five The Buzz.
Speaker 4: Good Morning Rob Ryan Show, Nirvana Lithium, Good Morning, Rob Ryan's Show. We have a beautiful day on tap today. I hope you guys all know that if you need to get something done, if you want to spend some time outdoors, today is going to be awesome. Sure it's gonna be cloudy out there, but low chances of rain. It's gonna be high of sixty eight. Just remember remember this face.
Speaker 5: I know you can't see me right now.
Speaker 2: Some of you are watching keep show. Yeah, someone look at my face. Make sure your face and then post it.
Speaker 4: Look at my face right now. Okay, this is for everybody on Facebook and YouTube.
Speaker 2: Look at this face. Do something about it today. Get outside because you're.
Speaker 4: Not gonna want to go outside come Sunday and Monday and Tuesday and then too Wednesday.
Speaker 5: You're not gonna want to go outside today.
Speaker 2: You're gonna want to get some stuff done. Do its awesome outside today?
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, we're gonna be here Monday, so we'll have to We'll be with you guys for all this freeze nonsense. If it comes to that, it's looking like it is.
Speaker 5: Good luck to all you runners out there.
Speaker 2: I'll do the wrap up after this.
Speaker 4: He's now time for Know This Show on ninety four five the buzz.
Speaker 2: La la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 4: La la la No the show, No No, the show show.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 2: It's not that the show no, no, no, know those show.
Speaker 4: All right, we don't have to have lyrics for everything. Good morning, Rob Ryan Show. Who's on the phone.
Speaker 8: Hello, a favorite?
Speaker 5: Hi David, how are you?
Speaker 8: I'm doing good.
Speaker 2: Would you like to take a crack at Alex's question here for Know the Show?
Speaker 8: Yes or no? Yes, sir?
Speaker 4: Okay, Alex your question for David?
Speaker 2: All right, David, we talked about dream jobs today. What is the current number one dream job that people want? They want to be a pilot? Yes they do, Yes they do, Yeah they do.
Speaker 5: Alex is gonna say, well, why are you playing this song?
Speaker 4: We use this when we talk about magicians, or if David Copperfield does something you know you can pull this song out.
Speaker 2: Oh, the name of the band is Pilot.
Speaker 8: I'm so excited.
Speaker 5: I can't wait to see pod.
Speaker 2: So you're going to do just that, David.
Speaker 4: You're going to see Pod, Blue October, Chevelle, Marilyn Manson, Evans Blue, and then that one guy who is Sleep Theory's number one fan. He's excited, David, We're going to buzzfast, man, We're going to Buzzfest.
Speaker 6: They wait to see how they had so much fun at the twentieth anniversary too, Oh you went.
Speaker 5: What was the highlight for you at the twentieth anniversary?
Speaker 2: For me, sublime?
Speaker 18: But I know my wife loves Blue October, so she's gonna be excited for them too as well.
Speaker 8: At Buzzfest.
Speaker 2: Line was my highlight as well.
Speaker 5: So great, all right, David, have a great weekend. Thank you, Thank you. Pilot the name of the band that does this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I saw that.
Speaker 11: Just go.
Speaker 2: It's clever.
Speaker 5: I could have used a little more cow bell.
Speaker 2: You're gonna want that cow bell.
Speaker 8: I gotta have more cow bell.
Speaker 11: Baby.
Speaker 2: I got a fever, and the only prescription more cow bell.
Speaker 8: There. It is a hit, all right.
Speaker 5: David's working for the weekend.
Speaker 4: I'm working for the weekend.
Speaker 5: It's the weekend. I'm doing six picks.
Speaker 2: Huh, you are doing six picks? I believe. Yeah, I said I would. I got it, Okay, I got here.
Speaker 4: Chili was definitely happy that somebody else took six picks.
Speaker 2: I bet he would have had a fantastic six picks, Like.
Speaker 5: Brod, when are you getting a co host in here?
Speaker 2: This every three weeks thing's not working for him.
Speaker 4: He doesn't want to do six picks every third Weekankically I should do two every month, right now, Chilie, I didn't get a score out of you today.
Speaker 2: There he is wearing his Lucky Texans hoodie this morning, And now, I don't want to do six picks period.
Speaker 5: Well, but you will next week.
Speaker 4: No, you'll do it, and like it.
Speaker 2: I'm calling in sick.
Speaker 4: You'll do it because your team's gonna be in an ABC championship game. That's the only way I'll do it, all right, does he think the Texans are going to win? I know you want the Texans to win.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I want him to win. It's gonna be a tough game, but give me a score. It's gonna go either way. It's gonna go either Texans hold him and he's gonna be a one score game, okay, or we're gonna get blown out.
Speaker 5: Give me a score.
Speaker 18: I know last time we score about twenty something points on UM, So I'm gonna go twenty four.
Speaker 2: Texans to like twenty.
Speaker 4: One twenty one cask Yeah, twenty one twenty four Okay. I want the Texans to win so bad, I do, I really do. I think it's gonna be so much fun on Saturday and Sunday. Great football this weekend.
Speaker 8: Guys.
Speaker 5: Adam the cop is back on. He was on every hour, I think, but he was on the first thing this morning.
Speaker 4: He beat Hello. Jerry made him a one pump jump. Adam's gonna play on Monday. We're here on Monday. Shout out to Bob our engineer. We were struggling all day with the board. Essentially he fixed nothing, but I appreciate him coming in. It's just out of his hands with some of this digital stuff, but I appreciate it. Tom Klein has been briefed on everything he has. The other engineer.
Speaker 2: He's been briefed. Tom Kleine Tugg. He's famously nothing has happened the board stinks. That's it.
Speaker 4: Open phone callers, you guys were great today. Shout out to all the pilots out there. Texans Chiefs. Tomorrow at three point thirty, a new episode of Pass the Gravy went up this week.
Speaker 2: I'll do six Picks and is Past the Gravy also on YouTube on YouTube.
Speaker 6: Yeah you wanna watch it? Okay, go watch it and then also click play on listening to it. I get credit for.
Speaker 4: Both, okay, and then we'll check in. I got, I got Billy scores, Fernando, are you gonna give one? Stinky Stacy, Robbie and Chili? One?
Speaker 5: Two, four five? That's enough.
Speaker 2: I just want him to win. Yeah, oh my baby, ideal. The vibes would be very high on Monday with the freeze if they win.
Speaker 4: Six pound, eight ounce Baby Jesus, please let the Texans win this weekend.
Speaker 2: That's it. Jeremy's up next. It's got the non stop Nooner.
Speaker 4: Pick your tickets with him in the one o'clock hour, More Alternative Income, more Mumford and Sons.
Speaker 5: The first song he's gonna play.
Speaker 2: Guys, have an awesome weekend, man, go Texans ay and a Well, wasn't that fun?
Speaker 13: If you missed any of the show today, All the good stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.