Speaker 1: This is an Unspoiled Network podcast. This is spoil Me covering Dungeon Crawler Carl Book seven This Inevitable Ruin chapters sixty three through sixty seven. In these chapters, Oh my goodness, how come the gods can fuck everything up so bad? It's just it really shouldn't be allowed. Everybody, Let's find a way to like make this against the rules.
Speaker 2: Welcome to spoil Me. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Everyone. I am Natasha. Thank you very much to Michael for commissioning this episode. Oh my goodness, Michael, why would you do this to me? This is such a weird, Like, this is a really hectic section. There's so much that was going to happen that we didn't know yet, and then what we didn't know was going to happen doesn't happen, and a different thing happens, which fucks up the plan that we didn't know about to begin with and now makes a different thing. And then Carl is like talking to Donna and she's like, don't worry, I'll take care of it. And he's like, oh, no, I know what she's going to do, but I, as a reader, don't know what she's going to do. So I'm like, Okay, you didn't tell me about the plan in the first place, and then the plan didn't go to plan, so now we're doing a plan like f But then you're just like, oh, I know what she's doing, but you're not gonna tell me that either, please, And eventually, like I said, we do get told. But it just there's a lot to keep in mind, and it is a very hectic feeling, which I am not really complaining about in terms of like writing. It's I'm complaining as a person who gets anxious.
Speaker 2: Does that make sense?
Speaker 1: But like, when you're writing a scene like this and everything feels frenetic and chaotic, I feel like you've nailed it, because that's what you're trying to make me feel, is like the complete panic and anxiety of having to adapt on the fly to a completely new situation with parameters that you weren't aware of, that you didn't think you were going to have to factor in. And also a lot of this centers around Carl having to like really cope with his own tendency towards being a control freak, which they actually comment on the like in the story, which is fun. More than one person is just like, hey, bro, how about you just like mind your own fucking business and let us do our thing the way that you set it up for us to do our thing so that you weren't going to have to think about it or micro manage us. And I am personally delighted by this. I don't remember, like way back, I said something about Carl showing signs that he was a control freak, and somebody was like, well, I'm not really sure that's true, and I feel like, now it's the author just in canon being like no, no, no, yeah he is, And I really understand, I really really understand. It's so it's so tempting to feel like you need to handle it all, especially when people make some questionable decisions. And the thing is Carl also makes some questionable decisions, but he doesn't see it. Of course it always works out, so there's no sense from him of self awareness regarding the way it looks to everyone else from the outside, you know, like I drop a bomb at my feet and then let the Naga princess beat me into a paste and just allow her to essentially kill me repeatedly, except I don't die, and it worked out, So what's the problem. Guys you know, And I'm like, bro, how can you not see what that appears to be to everybody else? And it's very funny, honestly, I really I it is. Being inside your own head makes you understand the reasoning behind the choices that you make, and so it doesn't feel like your judgment is questionable because to you, there's a very distinct like chain of thoughts that lead to you doing what you did. But considering the way that folks have sort of been looking at Carl, I can understand there being really concerned about him on a variety of levels. Sarah him says, I get the getting Oh, I think it was meant to be. I get the feeling. I get the feeling he wasn't that that much of a control freak at first, but very quickly became one in the dungeon. I can't speak to that. It's a weird, like, really don't know about the way that he was with this girl who was like bullying him and cheating on him and hiding things from him does not feel like control freak behavior. But it was also a very passive situation overall. And I don't know if this is the sort of thing that occurs when he is in a life or death situation. If it's like the stress of it, you know, I really don't know, Jeff says. Just today, I had to shut down a project I was doing with the co host because they couldn't seem to maintain interest from the other co hosts. It took every ounce of brain power to not micromanage this person, and so I really didn't want it to fail and have my control freakiness be vindicated. Yeah, it's a really tough thing sometimes where it's like I don't want to be right about this. Do you understand, Like I am a control freak because people have let me down and I would love to not be let down, But unfortunately that's what happens eighty percent of the time, ninety percent of the time, and so I kinda must. I've gotta, and like if I don't, then what And you know, it's a product also, though, of anxiety. When you are an anxious person, you think through every potential thing that could go wrong in a way that folks who don't have that kind of anxiety don't do. And you see this as a sort of superpower to be able to predict the future. It's mental illness, sweetie, it's not great. It feels great when you are able to reach in your bag and pull out the exact thing that you put in there for this moment that everything went wrong, which has happened to me many times. You feel like I'm saving the day, Like at what cost? At what cost of you? Like just stressing and panicking beforehand and worrying while and not enjoying yourself. I don't know, Nahoua says could be a stress response to the overall lack of control in the dungeon. Michael says, maybe be was the sacrifice the world needed, keeping Carl's control freak from affecting everyone around him. That's funny, and yeah, this is also this is another thing, is like Carl being in this relationship with b who was an abusive partner in a different way obviously than his father was, but like it still is kind of repeating a pattern for him. I really wonder how much like it seems like I can't talk about this too long. I really like there's no sense that Carl had an inkling this stuff was going on and was turning a blind eye. It really seems like he had no clue whatsoever. And that's the thing that I find kind of wild is that he really didn't clock anything was up at any moment, which is more than anything kind of giving disinterest in his own life, Like he was like twune out. You know. There's something really sad in a sense about that, and like it does feel like the opposite of being a control freak in terms of I don't care what happens, who fucking cares whatever, which is just what's worse, all right, So, God, I'm trying to think, guys, exactly how I want to like handle covering this, because the way that, like, you know, my instinct is to just go beat by beat. But everything happened so close together and so quickly, and things are revealed and then like the whole scene changes in like such rapid succession that what then happens as I'm trying to relay all of this is that I just begin to read from the book for twenty minutes straight, and I can't do that. So we have this bleached drake. That's the thing that Samantha spotted in the sky at the end of the last chapter, and she's talking to Louie and she's like, oh, yeah, they have gravity magic, so you're probably going to get your whole like airship tossed to the ground and you are gonna want to abandon ship. Here Donut is trying to shoot it down, doesn't work, and then Baroness Victory chimes in and says, like the meeting your boyfriend is holding up the adjudication. We're waiting for Drick to get him out of the rafters literally, which is interesting because then a little bit later, Baroness Victory says something about how they are purposely drawing out the adjudication to piss off the AI so that it ends it itself and does not you know, like so from from here of just like ugh, why is he like making this take so long too? Then later we're going to make this take as long as we can. I'm super curious about what the fuck is happening over there. We don't find out by the end of this section. So let's see carl Is yelling to Louis here, I don't want you near that dragon. Swing toward Boomer's position and back him up. And this is when Colonel Boomer chimes in, Warlord, we need those bombs dropped. We don't have no disassemble missiles to kill their electronics. If you call General Louis off his run, that puts the rest of us in danger. I know he's your friend, but we can't do this without air support. He's a good pilot, he knows what he's doing, and with all due respect, you handed operational command over to Rosetta. If you put me in charge of the real assault, you need to focus on your own operation, not mine. I'll try to get close enough to mark the Dragon for a missile barrage. But you can't call off his run just because it's dangerous. And I really appreciated that Carl doesn't argue. He instantly knows that Boomer is right and revers his course and then is like, Louis, from now on, just ignore me and do what Boomer tells you to do, which, again, it doesn't last forever because later he's like still yelling at Louis what to do, even though he is trying to restrain himself. Louis is in mortal danger. So I'm gonna give Karl a pass on this. Nevertheless, so let's see, Florence says, with stalwart dead and demon eviction waning, the one hundred first is at mission accomplished. Two squads are going to assist with lava abatement, and but the bulk is falling back to shantytown. We need to talk to the NPC general about all these offworlders they just inherited. I don't think they know what to do with them, and I'm afraid Juice Box is going to order them all killed. And Rosetta just says, Okay, good work so far, and I'm curious about the off worlders as well, and what's going to happen with them. It's you know, after Lena clearing out the dungeon, I'm sort of like, oh boy, is she just gonna go through these guys? So let's see uh oh yeah. So we have this this moment where Carl is summoning a like help and instead he gets like a group that comes unexpectedly. Dong wasn't supposed to come, and then bigs the slug a let and let's see who else, because there's like she leaped off the back of Gonk and splotched into the woods. Seriously, what the hell? And Dong said Holger didn't want to leave Clinton, Tina and the other kids. They're all scared because of fighting at the castle, and Holger promised to protect them. Miss Nadine too, who Holger is a little sweet on. I think now that she's not a caterpillar anymore. He gave me half of the teleport trap. Biggs here was talking to another slug and that one said justice Light taught them. If a mount utilizes a teleport trap, the entire mount and all its riders make it through. I was annoyed. My operation hadn't even started yet and it was already in trouble. I called Holger in because he's small. We need to pick our way through a literal minefield. You're gonna have to leave gonk here. Gonk let out a derisive snort. Dong slapped the reins, and Gonk danced sideways like a show horse. The saddled Lance stayed straight upward. Warlord, I will have you know I am an expert yakman. Gonk Here has an exceptionally light touch and is a very fine amount, which is why the Orc chief used her. We will not be a problem, I dare say, we'll have a lighter touch on the battlefield than you will. I doubted that, and I was about to object, but I was interrupted good I tend to believe Dong here. I don't know why. I don't really have a lot of evidence, just like but there's just something about the confidence with which he states this and the reaction that Gonk has that leads me to believe that, Yeah, he knows better than Karl about this, especially considering Carl's fucking track with being a blunt instrument. You know, I get that you're going to be trying harder to have a light touch here, bro, but that doesn't mean you're going to succeed at it. So let's see. Uh he's Samantha is talking about the dragon again. He's very mad because some of those missiles hit the castle. I think he might have stopped some of them. It's still standing. Carl says, I'm gonna make you an officer. When I do that, it's going to give you a spell called paint the Target. I need you to cast the spell on the dragon. Then when it's done, tell Boma w and Sledge you've done it. She starts to argue, but then he like it is, like it's gonna help Louis, And as he convinces her, Ellie chimes in, Christ, Carl, can you stop trying to control everyone else's operation so we can get on with our own suicide mission now. And when he turns to her, both Imani and Kacia are crossing their arms and looking at him like brah and I love that. Splash Zone sees them doing this, and then he crosses his arms too, just to fit in, which I think is kind of adorable. So they begin going through and he is like finding the traps and pulling them into his inventory, some of them like he's able to inspect and see what exactly they do. One of them summons the uh spot the fire ants that we had seen on the previous in the Iron Tangle, which I had forgotten about those things, and then we have phar oh, God, you're Rilo has entered the realm.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Samantha says, this is a god, not a demon.
Speaker 2: He doesn't like me.
Speaker 1: He's mad because he thinks I helped get him tossed in the nothing. It's not my fault. He's sexually attracted to animals, no offense, Katya, which it took me a second to be like, why did she say that? And then I realized, like Katcha and Bautista, and he's a tiger man, and I was just like, oh, my fucking god. And we hear the yelling Samith, are you here, We need to talk, don't run, and I couldn't help but feel like this sounds like somebody who isn't looking to hurt Samantha. It sounds like somebody who genuinely is like trying to have a conversation here. And while I understand Samantha acting like, look, I know what the fuck is going on and I'm not gonna hang out, there was a part of me that was like, I don't know, Maybe you should chat for a second and see what happens. This is when Carl gets a quest update from Embrus. You've been tasked with obtaining the item memorial crystal. The crystal has just shown itself. Abandon your current task and obtain it. And Carl says out loud, Yeah, that's gonna have to wait a minute. I'm really worried about this. This isn't just obtain crystal. He was ordered to abandon his current task and obtain it and he does not do that, And I am extremely concerned that not only does he not do that, but he says the words out loud that's gonna have to wait a minute, which I feel if he hadn't said he maybe could have played it off like, yeah, that's what I did.
Speaker 2: You can't tell.
Speaker 1: But I immediately began doing things to get myself that crystal. That's what I was doing. But like I feel like the saying of it that really feels like you're just putting the nail in the coffin. I do not know how to the letter embrace is about these orders, so I you know, by the end of this section, we don't have him like come down and smite Carol or any I just don't know what the rules are here and what the expectations are, and what's like going to make him pissed and what he's going to be patient about. I really have no idea. It's just that it made me worried. So Oswaldo is the guy who is currently in pre possession of the memorial crystal, and when Carl contacts him and tells him to put the fucking thing away, the guy yells back something about how like don't you think I'm fucking trying, and then both he and Carl are hit with a injunction essentially from the AI because they have not joined forces. They're not on the same team, and so they should not be communicating with each other, which later Oswaldo attempts to get in touch with Carl through the Voodoo Book and that is blocked as well, which I thought was interesting. The AI still telling Carl there's something else with the Voodoo book. Dude. It does surprise me that it seems Carl hasn't even made an attempt to connect the dots that he was already told about via the like regarding the Voodoo Book and the the tattoo kit. I thought that there would be a little bit like an a side of him, like trying to figure this out, because the way that the AI mentions that to him feels as if it's like kind of an saying urgent isn't necessarily correct, but more that like this is something that could come in handy a lot sooner than later, and maybe want to figure this out. But uh, he doesn't even like the the There was a mention from I think was it Zev saying that like she's never seen the AI hold anybody's hand that much, and I'm sort of wondering maybe Mordecai is working on it on his own. I don't know what kind of like testing he can do, because I don't think he has a voodoo book, as he's not a crawler, so I don't you know, it's possible that this is something that's sort of being looked at by other players who are not Carl, who are trying to put two and two together. But I just wanted to mention it because I did sort of think that after that was said so overtly by the AI, that we were going to have developments on that happening pretty soon after, and that didn't happen. So let's see, I'm trying to jump ahead a little bit here, because this whole thing with the guy in the crystal like draws way more attention. We didn't intend for them to like it. Just this guy fucked things up for us all. And let's see. I started to pull the remaining teleport automatons as I sent how orders. These would bring eighteen more people and it was the original team for my assault. I also sent a message to Jurgen telling him the new plan. He was the current leader of the one hundred and fifth Screen Warriors and his half strength battalion would come help us. Jurgen is the one that has this like invisible friend. And I'm concerned about Yurgen maybe being a spy or something, now you know him and Heidi, this Heidi creature that we don't see. Is this a figment of his imagination? Is this somebody within invisibility spell? Is this an indication that there is something like, you know, kind of hinky going on. I don't know. So let's see when do the missiles due to arrive? La asked, And how much time do we have? Both questions were answered just moments later as fire suddenly rained down from the heavens in front of us. Hundreds of missiles all at once fell upon the distant castle. A round, semi circle sphere appeared, stuttered, and then flashed out the shield. The missiles continued to pound into the stronghold, which was actually a low rectangle with no battlements. The whole thing looked so unassuming and small, now lit up by hundreds of fires. The missiles would continue to slow walk into the structure, keeping the shield down. The fires around the castle back lit a large, fast moving force riding in our direction upon hundreds of dune buggy like carts pushing over the dark fields march notifications appeared as Elie started calling in cheese cutters, which were the anti personnel shrapnel filled missiles. These were pretty much all the missiles we now had left. After Bomo and Sledge's constant pounding of the Madness and Reaver castles. It wouldn't be nearly enough. This was going to be a fight. A strange calm settled over us all as we were watched the massive force descend upon us.
Speaker 2: Well, that's not.
Speaker 1: How this was supposed to go, I said, And I just was very much picturing something out of Fury Road right there. Just immediately, you know, the loud swum of the one hundred and fifth screen warriors teleporting into place filled the woods behind us. This was followed by a few screens as soldiers teleported into trees. Despite the spell of supposed protection against that exact thing, I think that should be something that we protest against via Baroness victory. If that's supposed to like keep that, then what the fuck that feels like? I don't know. I'm just saying, despite a small number of soldiers suddenly finding themselves embedded in trees, all of them survived the journey. I knew it had to be a relief. They'd been forced to stand in place for hours and hours as the mages cast the grueling mass teleportation spell. Yikes, that really sounds fucking miserable, dude, Like I anytime that I hear about that sort of Oh you have to stay in place and not move immediately, I think about But what about when you have to pee, which, for all I know, NPCs don't have to pay. I don't know how that works, you know what I'm saying. But not everybody here was an NPC, not all of them. So Batista, irritated that he hadn't been summoned as part of the first group, arrived and started talking with Katya Bautista, No offense, bro, But you just seem irritated a lot, and I'm gonna need you to have a bit of an attitude adjustment. Did you want to stand in place for hours? Like? It seems like you got here really quick after they did, but you didn't have to stand still forever? So what are you fucking whining about? Enough already we also have fucking Jamal in the background. Guys, with his new upgrades, he's got crab legs again, and he has a flame thrower that he's he's a little fast and loose with He assures Karl that he will get better control of it. But nevertheless, the flame thrower reminded me of Wrend, and I pulled him out as well. Why did the flamethrower remind him of Wrend?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: Did Ren's previous owner have a flamethrower? Was that it? I can't remember what she what her main weapon was, but I did, like, you know, I listened to this section a couple times, and both times he said that.
Speaker 2: I was like, wait what?
Speaker 1: And he has a toothcap like the mongol one, but it's for mounts, the enchanted tooth cap of high yo silver. We installed it over his single round tooth, making it glee. It allowed me to summon Rend. It wasn't a teleport, but it had about a five kilometer range. The cool down was only three minutes. When I summoned him, he'd get inexorably pulled toward me at great speed. If there was a wall in the way, he'd possibly smash through the wall. The skill was somewhat dangerous, which was why Doughnut refuse to put it on Mango, but for Rent it would work well, especially when combined with his new wrecking ball special ability. I am real curious about that. I want to see it. Also, just the name of the upgrade, Hio silver and not high Hoe silver, had caused a great debate amongst some of the crawlers, especially Louie and Ellie, and I thought they were actually going to come to blows over it. Louis insisted it was supposed to be high Ho, while Ellie told him to shove it. I love that, guys. He insisted such and such, while Ellie said, and then it's just fuck you shut up. They'd been needling each other over it ever since, and all I could think, guys, all I could think, she.
Speaker 2: Came down in a bubble dog, grow up, grow up. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I appreciate Carl being like, look, I believe Ellie because she was actually around when this thing was popular. But if you had asked me, I would have said hi ho. And I'm like, yeah, same on both counts. If Ellie says, I believe her, but I would have definitely said hi Ho, no question. And the thoughts of this senseless debate filled my mind. I sat on the ground and leaned my back against a tree. I'm listening to this going you want now? There was another show called The Rifleman. I knew my dad had liked, but even that was old for him. I wondered if that's why he liked those Western novels. I had really liked them until I had found horror and sci fi, and then I found classics, and then I realized that I just liked books and I would never run out of them, and everything was great, and then, you guys, the most tantalizing fucking I thought of the Christmas present that was still sitting there unopened. Neither in MONI nor I had opened our presence, yet mine was clearly a book, possibly two or three books, and I'd been hesitating to open them because I was afraid that slap. You've been slapped. Awake, you guys, You guys. All I have asked, like at the beginning, was just when is he going to open the fucking Christmas present? And I finally just dropped it because I'm like, I don't, I don't know what's going on with this, but obviously and the fact that we are addressing it here and then cutting it off is really really mean spirited, and I don't like it and that was rude and fuck you, Matt, Okay, just shut up. I don't like it. So sorry, guys. I'm looking at the chat and somebody Jeff says, did they change high change it to high ho for the Zeta Jones version? And Michael is like, wait, Catherine Seda Jones was in the Lone Ranger movie. I only remember the one that had Johnny deppak God, yeah Jesus, but yeah, I uh, I have no idea about any of this. I haven't seen any of it, so I cannot have like make any worthwhile additions to the conversation, Your mind balance is currently overwhelmed as you are getting at absolutely hammered with psionic debuffs. You've been infected with self harm. You've been infected with intrusive thoughts. What am I even doing here?
Speaker 2: This is too much.
Speaker 1: I should have known this plan would never have worked. Now everyone under my command is going to die. If I surrender, maybe they will let them live. I felt the torrent under me, not a river. It had never been a river. Voices, screams, nightmares, distilled to light souls and where was it flowing? Too? Down? Was the answer always down? Why are they always screaming. If the river made no sound, then why was it so loud. It's so loud, so goddamned loud. There was more shouting.
Speaker 2: He's stuck.
Speaker 1: Look at his feet? Is it the tree?
Speaker 2: He didn't teleport?
Speaker 1: How can he be stuck in the tree?
Speaker 2: And then we.
Speaker 1: Get Carl, steady yourself. You've done it before, and you can do it again. They think your mind is your biggest weakness, but it's the opposite. It is the rock upon which the rest of you is built.
Speaker 2: Whose voice was that?
Speaker 1: That wasn't she Maria, nor was it her husband. It was a familiar voice, mail friendly dwarf. I thought of ten year olds worming their way through my body. I can't do this. I'm going crazy. No, Carl, this is the second time I've told you that you're not crazy. You're a family. Now, after what you did, I will help you. Look look at your feet. You've been standing in this so called river the whole time. I looked down, and I was amazed at what I saw. Your mind balance is now level sixteen, new achievement. You now tread in the realm of God's And then, good, Carl, Good, She would be proud of you who, I asked, but I snapped awake. I am trying to think who this is. He says that he's heard this voice before, and I can't think. Oh, they're saying Grimaldy in the chat. I forgot about that so long ago. Did you guys have to be reminded or did you remember who it was right away? Because without you guys reminding me, I never would have gotten there. Michael says. The worms clued me in. Okay, that makes sense as a clue, but it still would not have been enough for me to get it. I know that. So anyway, this uh. I love the fact that they're like trying to hit him with these attacks, but all it's done is like level up the mind balance, and now he's like invulnerable to a lot of this shit. I stood, but I almost fell because my feet were stuck to the tree. I instinctively pulled and my feet came away easily, the smell of mulch coming up, but there was rot too. The tree upon which I'd been leaning was suddenly dead and withered all around. Soldiers shouted as the tree crumbled in on itself. There's a lot. I have a lot of questions. I'm not. I, you know what, I want to make sure that I managed to cover all this, so I'm not going to even like indulge in anything because none of it really is formed as real questions or theories or anything. But anyway, he realizes that he's going to be able to withstand the attacks that they are throwing at him. I shook my head and grinned. Let them keep trying. I could now see them, the ones casting mind magic. They had come with my skill, that had come with my skill hitting sixteen. There were dozens spread around the army before us. I started painting them one by one, sending out orders to focus on them. First. Carl hit the mages. I just painted reroute any incoming to these targets, Bomo, these are the last missiles. Carl. Okay, do it good work today, both of you keep donuts safe. I quickly flipped through the messages. Louis would soon begin his bomb run. Meanwhile, Boomer was pushing against the front door of the Reavers. Their army still hadn't appeared. Urila was chasing Samantha in circles. The Dreamcastle was utterly demolished, but the throne room was still somehow occupied. By MPCs epiti me Tag was in the woods, presumably hiding while the three gods continued to fight in his territory. Apparently, Mitas had wrapped his way around Eris and was using his influencer stuck in the body of the goddess of Chaos as a battering ram against Hypocrates. Mordecai sent out a warning note that Eiris's spells could affect everyone in the realm at once, but she hadn't yet cast anything. Not yet. Body says, we are withdrawing, but they are not pursuing. They appear to have abandoned their pursuit to face you instead, and Prepotente is like, yeah, I'm gonna shield you, but they are definitely heading straight for you. Personally, I asked most everyone to give their dead bodies from their graveyards to Body and the one hundred and third. This is something that I had mentioned earlier, not thinking it was going to be relevant this soon, but here it is. The plan was for them to drop a metric fuc ton of corpses on the battlefield and have Donut cast You're not done yet, which would rip the skin off, creating literally thousands of fleshers, which would sail across the battlefield at the Madness Forces, hopefully overwhelming them. But now the Madness Forces had abandoned that battlefield in order to face me. We wasted all those corpses for nothing, unless we wanted to go back out and pick them up. Still, I decided that was probably a good thing. The last thing we needed was more warm mages getting made. At this point, I'm gonna say here, after finding out the way that warmages are created, I can't tell if there were if it would be possible. For all of the saying if it would be possible feel silly because I know to a great degree that this is like the AI determined a lot of this, and we can pretend that that's not always the case. But like you know, we have the the accelerated pet leveling up on this floor, and so the warm mages, I would think it would take longer for them to form, but I wouldn't be surprised if that has been accelerated as well. And I'm wondering if she was given that spell explicitly so that they would try this sort of thing, so that the AI would have access to warm mages because it would create them and then it would have its own team, even though they're not technically a team. They're dungeon born and so the rules are different, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if the AI just wants more of them, because they are the one thing that sort of falls outside the rules of what the AI is like explicitly allowed to fully control and not. So I'm just wondering about that. It's just it feels like if that, if these things are a sort of loophole for the AI to get to like almost participate in this whole thing, I could definitely see trying to get this whole thing to happen this exact way. And maybe if they don't cast, you're not done yet. It'll be great. It will foil the AI from doing something that maybe was gonna be fucking crazy. You know, I see this now. I don't know that we're not gonna have to cast it by the end of the battle. As it is as of right now, it isn't happening, but so okay. Then we have Airis in the in the background who is casting spells without really knowing what she is doing, sort of at random because she's trying to get out of this place and out of this fight and yachty, YadA YadA. Now, long story short, bear witness causes everybody who doesn't have like a particular resistance against this sort of thing to freeze up and then get summoned all to the same area in a pile, and so those who aren't affected don't get moved. And the people who aren't affected are either the ones who were indoors, or folks who seem to be formerly tattoos, or the slug alows, or people who have like some kind of mind protection thing. Let's see, Lena says, most everyone in Chantytown is affected. Those of us inside structures are fine, Lee June is with me Zang was outside Florin, and the entirety of the one oh first are affected. It appears anyone who was once a tattoo, same with the slugglos, is unaffected. Sorry. Michael in the chat says, the constraint to warm mages getting created, if I recall correctly, was the flesher being able to absorb another flesher which has claimed another body to make itself stronger, and doing that over and over eleven plus times. So just the sheer number of fleshers being created, and the number of victims available would have created some number of warm mages, no need for acceleration via the pet leveling buff at all. Oh, I wasn't thinking like via the pet leveling buff. That's not what I meant. I was using that as an example of the fact that the AI can accelerate things if it wants. So is there a way for the AI to accelerate the way that warmages could get made as well, so that it wouldn't even need to be eleven you know what I'm saying, Like, could it be even more quick than that? And could it be a greater number in the end, because we didn't need eleven times? Which I just hate that whole idea because these hormages seem like real dickheads. It's like, that's the one thing is that the AI is acknowledging that they're assholes. So I'm not sure if the AI can control them directly or not, like I you know, who knows. We'll see, We'll see if we find out the Goddess Heiress has cast bring forth the witnesses and no long range teleport spells will work for the next hour. The fact that that happens really pissed me off, Like that she can do something that makes it so that all teleport spells for everybody who's actually in this war will work. Piss it just this bitch. She didn't want to be here to begin with, but she was going to participate, So I'm not really sorry for her. I just don't feel like it's fair that her flailing gets to him string our people who are doing real shit. It makes me extremely irritated, let's see. So then we have chapter sixty six where Karl is asking Mordecai about the ritual thing. I'm not going to go into this entire but they are in a giant pile. I think the whole Reaver army is there too. Weren't they missing, which I thought was kind of interesting, like maybe they were engaged in something in them getting pulled away as a real like is really fucking them somehow, which would be nice. Carl is like, when they wake up, it's going to be a slaughter, and he says that, and I'm like, aren't they all actually awake though? And Rosetta immediately corrects them and is like, no, they are awake, they just can't move, so, uh, Carl, I think she messed up the spell. That phar Oh God is in vulnerable now too. She accidentally made him indestructible. Rosetta says, oh gods, if she realizes what she's done, she might just turn the in vulnerability off. If she does that, everyone in the pile will remain frozen, but will lose their safety. Most of them will get crushed to death or they'll suffocate, which is again, deeply fucking unfair. I hate this so much. Maybe eighty thousand people in that pile. And so he is trying to think of something and he starts to be like, Okay, I'm gonna do something, and Dona interrupts and says, Carl, let me deal with the pile. We need to get them away from there. He asks what her idea is, but she doesn't tell him. Meanwhile, Louis feather falling. Party planner is dead, ripped in half. Hit the dragon with the missiles and it just pissed it off. It cast a spell and I tried to dodge it, ripped party planner down the middle, dropped the bombs before they were armed. I'm sorry they didn't go off. I'm falling through the air right now, gonna land right on the Reaver's castle. I think my door gunners are dead. Glad, Bonnie and Scarn weren't here. He was right that CoP's husband. I'm sorry. The Pharaoh God is still there a mile west of the castle. I see him just sitting there. Dragon's still flying above. I'm gonna hit the castle by myself. Tell Katya when she wakes up. I'm sorry to be such a fuck up. I just sent a message to Juice Box too, but she's still in that meeting. And Carl is just like, when you hit the ground, just hide. I know you can't teleport, but you have spelled, you have cloud attack, you have smokeless grenades. And he says, I have a notification that tells me I'm being tracked by Reaver security. I'm fucked, Carl. I'm landing right in the middle of their castle. And this is when Carl says, Samantha, go save Louis. Samantha says something about how she wouldn't fuck this god again anyway, the one that's like into animals, and it's like, okay, I'm gonna go, and Carl has to let it go. And I hope that Samantha can do something. We shall see. I really hope that Louis doesn't die, because he's grown so much, and I would love to see that continue. So I came to a decision. I needed to focus and trust the others. I couldn't do anything about Louis. I couldn't do anything about the ones In's dreamcastle. But I could do something about the castle right in front of me right now. So then we get war Lord Princess Donut has committed an atrocity. Now, I want to make a mention here about the narration in the audiobook, like right here, it's committed an atra sert and it slowed down in this real weird like you know, it's a creepy moment. But something else that's happening that I keep meaning to mention because it started several sections back, but I keep forgetting because it's not indicated any we're in the text is whenever there is an AI announcement, the narrator is vacillating between the kind of nasal, sarcastic AI voice and the toneless, like a completely impersonal personality less AI voice that will sometimes happen when it's just like an indifferent reading of an announcement, for example, And I'm really curious exactly how the narrator has done, Like did Matt Dinneman talk to him and tell him, Hey, right around here is when I want you to start doing something with your voice to indicate that there's something going on. No, I didn't put it in the text, and it's a little true for audiobook listeners only. Or No, I didn't put it in the text because it doesn't ultimately matter, but it does sort of like it gets something across that was difficult for me to put into the writing. I don't really know why it'd be difficult to put into the writing though, because you could have Carl mention the fact that the voice goes back and forth between these two different energies and he doesn't. And you know, if there's something notable about the way the AI is behaving, usually Carl will point it out for us and you know, like really focus on that. So, yeah, I'm just curious about where exactly this is coming from, because like there's a At first, I was sort of going, is this the AI fighting against the version of itself that is playing by the rules only? But there are times where the snarky AI voice would be correct for the situation, and then that completely lacking in personality voice is still like kind of chiming in here and there. So my instinct was the AI is trying to like fully wake itself up, and that's what's happening. But it's almost like something is trying to dumb down the AI and the AI is fighting against it. It's almost like it's like the reverse. I don't know, but I just wanted to mention it because I keep forgetting to even talk about it. And it's still happening in this section and it's really distinctive, like you cannot miss that it's happening when it's happening. So, uh, let's see.
Speaker 2: Donut says, it's a.
Speaker 1: Two part plan. First, I got to move the pile to where all the dead bodies are piled. It'll get let them away from the godfight too. A horrible realization dawned on me. I felt sick. I knew exactly what she just cast. She cast Rolling Battle Formation. It's an atrocity spell, and the tower makes it really powerful. I didn't know it was going to be that powerful because it rolls up the God also mostly mostly how long does it last? It says, until it sustains enough damage, which, considering that they are invulnerable, is like, it seems like it's going to be a long time. I like, it's not under her control at all. Now that she's cast it, it's just gonna be out here until Like that's crazy, Oh my god. I am also not sure exactly why she is trying to get to the field of corpses. If it's like, well, then I'll cast. You're not done yet, and they will all be on our side. So even if we all, even if everybody can move and begin fighting each other, we will outnumber the bad guys so much. But I just really kind of don't want her to cast. You're not done yet at all. So a part of me is like, uh, you know, I don't know. I don't know. Let's see, somebody needs to keep the mute harpo god guy away from my ball. He's going to break it open too soon. And Carl is like, maybe that would be a good thing, and she says, I'm trying to win this war, Carl. We need them completely separated and away from the God. That's not gonna happen if Metus is stuck in there. Oh, like your plans always go off without a hitch. She's got a point. I was fighting the urge to continually distract Louis with suggestions. He had landed atop the flat Reaver Castle and was now running, casting a smoke cloud behind him. He hadn't yet engaged with any enemy, but he'd managed to secure a handful of unexploded no disassembles and waffle makers into his inventory. He had no way of setting them off without blowing himself up. They had to be unstable as fuck. Louis did not have in vulnerability, and I was like, oh, thank you for reminding me of that, because I definitely was like taking it for granted that he had it because he wasn't in a building. But I guess being in the airship was like good enough. So let's see, Brittany have them use the digger under the dream Castle to try to distract Hypocrates. They have these giant, goddamn robots and they haven't done anything yet with them, and she says a reef controls them all. Juice Box is away, so I'll ask. And this is the first time he's realizing juice Box is still in that meeting and he gets in touch with Victory and she says, you want this trial to go on as long as possible. We're stalling on purpose. We will stall until the AI gets so pissed.
Speaker 2: It ends it.
Speaker 1: So then we have this whole like bit with Doughnut yelling, hey, Dickless, it's gone. You're not going to be able to put it back on. And honestly, do you really want it back after all those people touched it? It smells really really bad. Now, yeah, that's right, I'm talking to you, So stop trying to get it back. You should just accept your body how it is. I have a song for you. My friend Lil Wayne wrote it. It's about Wieners topping at number one on May thirty, two thousand and eight. It's Lollipop, you guys. You guys like the whole thing that she says right there, also is the what do you call it? The effects in the audio book are giving her the sound of auto tune, so it sounds extra hilarious, you guys. This fucking song I couldn't remember, and I went and looked at the lyrics and I was just like, I don't know what I expected. Oh well, you know it is what it is. I uh, probably if I heard it, I would like immediately recognize it, but I definitely didn't recognize. Like I couldn't call to mind the melody if you want to call it that with this song just from the title. So let's see the digger is coming. Oh good, I'll start a battle playlist. The ball will get to the corpses in like ten minutes. People message be your songs. I just love her so much. I love her so much that she is assembling a playlist for this. It's so stupid. Later on there's detachable penis, and she's just like, I feel like this is a bad choice. You're gonna give him the wrong idea about what he can do. And I was, oh my god, I was anyway, the submarine like sonar sound echoed out, revealing that the castle had about twenty soldiers. Within of the twenty dots, only three were purple, indicating them as off worlders. That was it. Eighteen of them were in a room just around the corner that was the operating theater. And he opens because he gets the Book of Voodoo is updated with three entries. I opened Fine Crawler, clicked a few buttons, and a of three crawlers appeared. The moment that happened, four additional dots appeared on my map, three crawlers and the corpse of a crawler. Two of the crawlers were mixed in with the other eighteen soldiers. These both had the blue light glow, indicating they were in the Madness military, likely under a conscription spell. The third did not have that glow, and they were in the room with Architect Houston and the white NPC dot. The corpse was also in there, corpse of Crawler Zenip level fifty eight, which he remembers is the voice of reason when he was about to get in the fight at the Desperado Club with that fucking dude. It was the same two women who'd been at the club, but the man wasn't here. The two women were conscripted and mixed in with the guards. The third living member of the group was someone that was often on the top ten, and I did have her in my chat though we'd never spoken. She was a bad headed Porsuk and she had a swashbuckler class, same as both Tran and Batista. I was pretty sure that she too had a quest involving the memorial Crystal that was now stuck in the middle of the giant rolling ball of crawlers. She'd been part of the fight to grab the thing. The fact that everybody needs to get this thing is so fucking annoying. Then I realized the NPC that was in the room with her in Houston had a green glow indicating them as someone from Team Retribution. For a moment, I feared some sort of double cross. But just as I thought that, the NPC dot turned to the X of a corpse. It wouldn't let me examine it. I sent a quick note to Brittany, and then I opened a new chat and he tries to contact Burku, tries to do it through Book of Voodoo as well, and he is told to stop fucking trying to cheat, and Victory has to chime in and be like, I will come through and you know, call foul, so don't test me right now. The group rushed into the room and stopped when they saw me and Dong. I held out my hand, which still glowed yellow. None of them had in vulnerability. Well, this is going to be fun, I said, And that is the end of chapter sixty seven. Michael is in the chat says her inadvertently knocking out Eiris was a really good thing. If she's knocked out, she can't figure out that she can turn off the invulnerability. That's true. Uh, Donut might be the greatest shit talker in the history of Earth. I can't agree. She cheat. She tends to be like less imaginative. She goes for the obvious thing. Now, it's fine, there's nothing inherently wrong with that, but I simply cannot agree. Michael. But I'll give her a I'll give her props. Nevertheless, Jeff says, Lil Wayne has great flow, but the lyrics are about as nasty as they come. Yeah, it's not even like the nastiness of the lyrics. It's it's more just like how completely on the nose they are. You know. It's the chorus is she she she looked me like a lollipop. She she, she looked me like a lollipop. She she, she looked me like a lollipop. She she looked me like a lollipop. And it's just very funny to me because it's just like, oh, that's yeah, okay, well, yeah, I don't know what I expected. Like, it's I just thought that there might be a little bit more nuance, but no, it's extremely what it is. That's fine. I don't I don't like even dislike songs like that. Sometimes, you know, my lip's my back is like a fucking classic and you do not get any more literal than that. But it's also different because when it's oral sex on a woman, that's song sung about a whole lot less. Uh, there's some other song. I remember the first time I heard it. I was in college, and like one of the opening verses is a little young thing, go a ram a dick with your tongue ring deep, throw my nan and grabbed from the front and fuck from behind it. And it's just like the most grab her hair slapper as she's screaming like she die, and make her comb four times without even trying, and I beat that posy up the no deny and and it's the most like just describing fucking. It's not there's no imagination behind it, you know, it's the rhyming. I guess that's meant to be more impressive, but I still like, I wouldn't mind a bit more just creativity in there. You know, it's fine anyway. I love rap, I really, really do, but I feel like there are times where we could really do better. It's okay, so Michael says, I mean you still remember the lyrics even now. Like I said, I liked that song. I did, but when I think back on it now, I'm just like, hmm, yeah, you could have done more. It's fine. I wasn't as discerning. All right, I gotta wrap up. I'm over time. I appreciate all you guys so much. Thank you very very much for listening, and I'm looking forward to reading more. I really can't wait until next time to Loue motherfuckers. That was an Unspoiled Network podcast