Speaker 1: Something you should go something you should know is brought to you by Genesisgoldira dot com. That's also something you should know. You can put your retirement plan. I'm the gold Standard. Learn more and get a free Gold and Silver guide at Genesis gooldr dot com. Excited to have a guest join me in the studio. Right now we have Dave Debrees and you are now a published author. How does that feel?
Speaker 2: It feels surreal. It wasn't on the goal list this year, but here we are books ready to go, ready out to the public.
Speaker 1: So excited about it, and I've got a copy of it in my hand right here. It's called green Light Millionaire. How ordinary people build wealth using the stoplight strategy. Now I've not heard of the stoplight strategy, but I am also not a millionaire, so let's hear about it. What is the stoplight strategy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So, as a financial advisor, this is an idea that I come up with. I'm trying to help educate clients as we help them transfer wealth from one generation to the next. And so I had tried different analogies, you know, planting seeds, and nothing ever seemed to really connect. And I started using a stoplight. Say, Okay, these assets, these accounts that you're about to get, are these green lights financially. They can help you propel yourself forward, help generate wealth. There are red lights in your finances, the debts, the lack of budgeting, over spending, those kinds of things. Yeah, when most people do. And so when I use this analogy of red light green light, it's just like it clicked. So, as we talk about in the book, the yellow light actually is your personal home. Because most people think their home is an asset, but the reality is your personal house. It costs you money every single month. Even if you haven't paid off, you still have to pay taxes, you still have to pay insurance, they're still upkeep, there's still utilities. And so the home personal house is what we call a yellow light, something that you should do. But you just need to be cautious about when you do that because it's for most people a pretty big purchase.
Speaker 1: That's really cool. Now, again, the book is called green Light Millionaire. We're going to talk about where people can get this here in a little bit. Yeah, but Dave Devrees is the author of this, and you are a financial advisor. How long have you been doing that because when I first met you, I met him as pastor Dave. He was my pastor. So, yeah, I think this is really cool that you're doing what you're doing. How long have you been doing this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I was a pastor for nine years and then about eight years ago I got kind of opened up a door to the financial services industry and now I'm at a point where I'm a senior partner at a Meadleland Financial Group and based out of suf Fall, South Dakota. And so it's been a fun journey.
Speaker 1: That's really cool. And I can tell that you love what you do. You just light up when you talk about it. And I love the fact that you know you've got this teaching spirit and the fact that you took what you've discovered and put it into a book, I think is amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's one of the things I'd missed as a pastor. You're up front at least, you know, typically once a week doing some kind of a teaching in some way, shape or form. So I think this was an opportunity for me to kind of continue that teacher's heart to help other people on their financial journeys.
Speaker 1: So the book Green light Millionaire. Like I said, we're going to talk about where they can get it, but let's talk about who this is designed for. Who should be looking at a book like this, and what position in life are they in right now? Where they're going I need to read that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, the book really is not about a specific strategy to It really is about more how to think about your finances, and so it's how to understand what are the green lights in your life financially, what are the red lights in your life financially? And I think we all see stop lights on a regular basis, and so I think just the visual is very helpful for people. So initially people that need to learn what those mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, people like that hasn't been yellow for a minute there.
Speaker 2: Fella, Yeah for sure. So initially it was written for these families that had largest states that they were passing down from one generation to the next and helping the whether it's the parents or the grandparents, communicate with their family about the importance of what's being passed down to them. And so it's a really a great tool for families that are passing down their estates. I also found it's just a very good tool for people to help them understand just how finances work. So whether you're just getting started, it can still be helpful or you're at the very end of the journey. Because one of the things we talk about in the book is whether you're eighteen years old or whether you're eighty eight years old, we still need to manage and sue it our money properly.
Speaker 1: And there are probably some people listening who are going, well, this doesn't really affect me because I'm not a millionaire and I don't have a ton of stuff. It doesn't matter if you have a little bit or a lot. It's yours and you still want to kind of have a say and where that goes and who gets it right.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely. I mean whether you've got a couple hundred dollars your name or a couple hundred million dollars to your name, the reality is you still want to steward those dollars properly, and every little bit helps. One of the chatters in the book, it talks about how the first one hundred thousand dollars of net worth is the hardest to get to because typically you're just trying to get traction. You might be just paying off debts or just started saving, and you don't always see the big returns right away, right but if you stay faithful in that, the little pieces, the little steps over time make a really big difference in the long run.
Speaker 1: Absolutely now again green Light Millionaire, How ordinary people build wealth using the stomp light strategy by Dave Devrees. Where can I find a copy of this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's going to be for sale on Amazon. It'll launched Thursday. Website or that is a website I know, something brand new for people right up and coming, just brand new. Yeah, so it'll be available on Amazon and both kindles electronic, also soft cover hardcover. We're also doing a book launch party at our office on the thirteenth, but if we go to Amazon softcover, hardcover, digital be available at that point again Thursday, November thirteenth.
Speaker 1: And I will throw a link to make it easy for folks to find this as well. Again green Light Millionaire. The author of this Dave Derees in the studio right now. Dave, thank you for taking the time and thanks for putting your heart into this.
Speaker 2: Yes, absolutely, Hopefully it's a blessing to lots of people, those that are listening.
Speaker 1: Absolutely again, the launch party on the thirteenth is at opened everybody or who's at all?
Speaker 2: Yeah, open, open, invite. Yeah, It's at our office at seventy five oh five South Louis Avenue and Sioux Falls from five to seven, So feel free to stop by. We're actually going to run a special just as people know. On the thirteenth, the Kindle version will be free for one day only. I talked with the publisher to kind of celebrate the launch. The Kindle version will be free again only on November thirteenth. They can also go to green light Millionaire dot com. Nice to get some more information on the book, kind of how it came about and that. But yeah, otherwise, Amazon dot com is where it will be sold.
Speaker 1: Very nice Again. Dave Derees has been our guest. If you'd like to learn more of the book, Greenlight Millionaire all of the details at greenlightmillionaire dot com. Hey, Something you should Know. Something you should Know is brought to you by Genesisgoldira dot com. Put your retirement plan on the gold Standard. Get a free Gold and Silver guide now at genesisgoldra dot com.