Speaker 1: Here comes the one.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Clippers Talk.
Speaker 1: I'm at a maslin.
Speaker 2: It is a new week. Last week, can hear some of the shows we had Murray on from the Athletic That was a live, a two hour edition. I don't know if this one will go as long. Our guests may be a little too busy for that. They have real lives going on right now.
Speaker 1: And just one of us, just one of us.
Speaker 2: What do you mean you got the Kawhi jersey on? That's real right there.
Speaker 1: I might get injured half Chris, This is serious, Chris, this is serious. This is Adam show, not our show. Not let's let him intro his show. This is serious.
Speaker 2: Get the two two going in just a second.
Speaker 1: I just want to intro you.
Speaker 2: Joining the show today are the guys from the longest running Clippers podcast, and they'll let you know it. It's Chris k Henry managing my expectations.
Speaker 1: Clippers. We are such big fans of your show man and of you as a person. Thanks for having us on, Adam like real talk, Like I listened to Clipper Talk on the way out of the building, like almost every game, and the worst is the worst is this.
Speaker 3: Is why I don't like Kawhi Leonard postgame because he takes so long and.
Speaker 1: You're waiting and waiting and waiting.
Speaker 3: And then by the time he goes on, you get in the car to drive home, you turn on the show.
Speaker 1: The show is like in its last bit, You're like, no, he's wrapping it up. Yeah, curse you, curse you, claw, curse you. But he hasn't been that.
Speaker 3: Bad these past few seasons, with like taking forty five minutes whatever to go to the postgame press conference.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Whatever. His postgame workout routine was the first couple of years with the Clippers, seems different than it is now. But I aint and.
Speaker 1: None of them are working. Oh.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say his workout routine postgame smelled a lot like a skunk.
Speaker 2: Guys, it's too early in this show for this.
Speaker 1: The whole locker room smelled like Auto's jacket, easy Simpson's reference.
Speaker 2: I'm cutting all of this out, Okay, I want to start with this before we get to the Clippers, before we get to Kawhi, and I brought it up, was my fault. Great, but when I mentioned you guys have the longest running Clippers podcast, and I just told you this off air. I found an old tweet from twenty thirteen. Yeah, I was trying to help promote you guys, because you're interested in getting on the station with AM five seventy. You're like, how can we get on? I'm like, you might have to be an employee here, But I tried to show some glove to the podcast. So how long has it been going? Because that was twenty thirteen.
Speaker 1: It was that we started in twenty twelve. This is our thirteenth season.
Speaker 3: Hank and I started together being season ticket holders in two thousand and two. We became Clipper Nation because of the knuckleheads. It was hit to clip back in two thousand and one, you know, like the diplomats like Cameron and Will's Anna and those guys were wearing Clippers jerseys in their music videos.
Speaker 1: It used to be cool to be a Clipper fan. Man.
Speaker 3: Now it's epic to be a Clipper fan because we got the new shiny toy that landed from outer space next to so far that thing is like, it looks like the borg may have battled our new.
Speaker 1: Dome at some point on Star Trek And if you don't if you don't know about Star Trek I'll translate that nerd nerd nerd, nerd nerd.
Speaker 2: Oh, that was cling on for Nerd in the end. Why did you guys gravitate towards the Clippers, Henry, you can start. You just counter culture guys like me. You can't like the most popular team in the city.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I well, that's not exactly how it happened for me. We got season tickets. Oh, I'll go back a step. I did want to move. I never lived in a sports city. I'm a military kid. I'd never lived in a sports city. I was raised a Cowboys fan, but never lived in a city that had a team. And yeah, when I got here, I think that I wanted to go to a game, and a bunch of obnoxious Rockets fans were like, we got an extra ticket for the Clippers, you want to watch them get destroyed by our Rockets, and and I just couldn't stand their arrogance. And so I rooted for the Clippers, and the Clippers won. Hey, and then the next year, and by this time Chris and I had become immediate best friends. Like we met at an audition for a Shakespeare play. We were in the show together. Yeah, we met and so I went to a tire store in Hollywood where if you bought as many tires as you bought, you got a Clippers ticket in Yeah, and so Chris and I went and brought our dates with us, uh, and the dates didn't work out, but we've been in a lifelong relationship ever since, really with the Clippers. With the Clippers, that's what I met.
Speaker 2: Did you get four new tires for each date as well? Like I thought, that's what we brought them to the tires shop, so many spare tires.
Speaker 1: They drove vespas, so they got two new tires each. But then but then the next year, maybe the very next year, I heard on the radio, Uh, it's the cheapest ticket in the NBA and you could get by one get one free Clippers season tickets. We were in in the two hundred sections for like six hundred dollars apiece for the season. That's crazy, And I think I think it finally escalated the nine hundred each because it was by one get one free. And then that that's when that went away. What year two two was our first year of that. It was when they.
Speaker 3: Trade traded Clan Yeah, foolishly. Miller's worst season in his career, and he'll.
Speaker 1: Tell you that that's right. Was our first season, the OLAA Candy season Candies last year, and so we we we would we were in the seat, we were in. That's we were in the stands as people were booing him, screaming please, he needs your support now more than ever. We were always we were always the positive guys.
Speaker 3: Those were still actors, and we're so used to constant rejection and continuing to go. We also like, we also love to like things, and we like absolutely.
Speaker 2: Is it ever hard and difficult to be the self proclaimed homers of Clipper Nation with this team, because you guys admit to it all the time. I heard eighty two and oh is what they're going this season on your most.
Speaker 1: I'm more pessimistic. I think they're gonna be eighty one and one. Oh stop fair about you didn't even think they were gonna get sixty wins, I want to say in our scheduled Daycat, No, we did. I'm not sure they'll get fifty, but we're we'll get to that, are you devil? I'm positive I'm still gonna have a great time though, Oh how did uh you know what? Adam? It's it isn't. Oh, it was far easier when we went twelve seasons or whatever insane number it was without ever hitting five hundred basketball to just have fun. And then when we got Blake Griffin, which to me was the turning point of the team becoming relevant and players wanting to come in play with us, expectations started to rise. And it just as you know, the history of the Warriors getting good at the same time, just behind us getting good, and injuries really stopping what was our first great shot at a championship run was disappointing, but also we'd never been there before. The Kawhi Leonard Paul George two to one three era coming together didn't ever have for me the same feeling of, oh my gosh, here we go. But it was a harder punch in the stomach when injury also stopped that. And I don't believe in Clipper curses and all that kind of stuff, but those moments of making it all the way through the season and then getting to the postseason and not having full strength and still almost making it through those definitely were hard to stay positive. I still had a lot of fun. I still believe in the Clippers I'll tell you something.
Speaker 3: The first ten seasons we were there, we've been going to basically every home game for the past twenty two years. The first ten seasons was one winning season I believe it was in two thousand and six, and that was radical with Sam Cassell cap mobiley so great.
Speaker 2: They would have beaten the Lakers in the second round the l word Sorry.
Speaker 1: I forgot that right. And that's the season we laid up to try to get a better favorable postseason, wasn't it.
Speaker 3: We beat the juicy moist Nugs, We beat the moistest ugs.
Speaker 1: We smoked those those nugs in the first round.
Speaker 3: And and then and then you know, la la la the Hallway Series, which by the way, can never happen.
Speaker 1: No more Hallway Series. God well, god, I.
Speaker 2: Say the Hallway Series was won by the Clippers. Is they won more of those battles at Staples Center now Crypto dot Com Arena and they head to head matchups from what season on? Wow, we have the winning record against the Lakers in that building in the Hallway Series, the all time winning record by two games.
Speaker 1: I think. I mean, I knew we owned.
Speaker 3: Him for like ten plus years, but they were the Clippers started behind, like they we were down twenty five games or something by a lot.
Speaker 2: But I think it's something to the effect of, I don't know, twenty seven of the last thirty five games they've won against the Lakers.
Speaker 3: So and then you know this better than I believe this is we've had twelve or thirteen winning regular seasons in a row.
Speaker 1: I believe that's like, what is it twelve or thirteen, I don't know.
Speaker 2: At thirteen, which is the current longest streak in the NBA. The Spurs had it, of course forever. Yeah, then when they finally missed the playoffs a few years back, the Clippers became the longest run team with a winning record.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm glad we got out of Crypto when we did then while we were ahead, because Lebron is just getting younger. You told me, what do I feel like being the Clipper Homer?
Speaker 3: I gotta be honest, Like, I think it's pretty radical, Adam that, like, when the Clippers win it all, and it could be in a year, it could be in ten years, it could be in twenty five years, there will be hundreds of people that think of the three of us, you know, like and You're not as big of a homer as us Adam, But I do love the fact that you're this new school journalist, clipper reporter, Clipper commentator, what have you that is not a hater. And so same with Farabad, same with Tomayr, same with Joey Lynn. Like I love all these newer guys that don't hate on the Clippers, because the old school guys when I started the Dan Wykey who I love, the Brad.
Speaker 1: Turner, who I love, they like hated the Clips.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like Dan Wykey asked me after a playoff game during Diamond Don the fiasco, when like, I don't know, it was like we beat the Warriors in seven, but it was some home game that we lost. And he looked at me and he goes, how do you even like these guys?
Speaker 1: How do you like these guys? Our team are guys? There are guys are guys. The take I hate the most to that end is when something bad does happen to the Clippers or they get a lost and people say, see, yeah, it's.
Speaker 3: Like, come on, basketball teams twenty nine out of thirty teams don't win it all every year.
Speaker 2: Like.
Speaker 1: Playing winning basketball, but just the injury bug.
Speaker 2: What I like to say about Clippers fans is, you know how the best fans in sports because they're still here and they still exist after everything they have been through, Well, it is insane.
Speaker 1: That was always my pushback. There was a I love my favorite Clipper of all time has been and probably will continue for a long time to be Blake Griffin. And there was one game in the postseason like where he'd gotten interviewed and then he got on a microphone and was like, Hey, we just need you guy, We need these guys. You all to be louder. You're not louder, And it's like, well, you would be fair to be fair. Clippers fans have twenty plus years, some of them of watching this team have leads and then collapse. And that wasn't true of the Lob City era. But there there is a in the real old heads. Wow, in the real one lead for the real old heads. You like, you go to some of these stadiums and watch basketball games and your team is winning and then they go down ten and they're like that's all right, and the Clippers they go down ten and the people have been watching for a long time ago, oh nuts.
Speaker 2: But we also were waiting for the other shoe to drop all the time.
Speaker 1: But we also turned a game because we wouldn't allow that to happen. Chris, what was the game where we were behind the Clippers bench and I was screaming where I made everyone put their shirts? It was Game seven versus the Spurs with Chris Paul doing the layup over Tim Duncan's fingertips, and we were down, and Chris and I moved down to about ten rows behind the bench. I started yelling at people to put their free T shirts on. First, you kept and you kept yelling we will win, we will win to win, and then other people started screaming it. I think because they were terrified, and also we're such egomaniacs that we think that that made a difference.
Speaker 2: It did.
Speaker 1: When the whole shadium starts screaming we are going to win, and then suddenly everyone starts hitting their shots. You think that's unrelated, Well, sure, I guess not. Moments that's a funny thing.
Speaker 2: What was on those T shirts was that all hands in it takes everyone give no cord or.
Speaker 1: What was the motto that year? I think it was just yr Yeah. The worst one is playoffs Our way. I mean, I was like, so squeak out in round one or two, like, let's not do playoffs our way, a new way, Let's do a new way. Street lights not spotlights.
Speaker 2: Look, there were some understandably regrettable slogans along the way, But all right.
Speaker 3: So yeah, Adam, I don't mean to interrupt here, but usually on our show, I do some Clippers trivia and I asked Hank trivia question.
Speaker 1: It's not questions, just just just you shush, bro.
Speaker 2: I'm just hanging it out, guys.
Speaker 1: So, Adam Osland, I have a question for you. And this is not Clippers trivia.
Speaker 3: This is chris Co Wild Clippers trivia, chris Co Wild Centric trivia.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna ask Adam. I'm gonna ask Hank this question google.
Speaker 2: A bowl because it's chris Co wiled.
Speaker 3: I mean, you could you guys can feel free to cheat you guys, can you It's an open book.
Speaker 1: It never, I would never, It's an open book. Test.
Speaker 3: Now I'm on the official Clippers talk show, Clippers Talk with Adam Ausland, host of Clipper Talk as well as host of Clips and Dip, a fabulous Clippers podcast. What do you think that I got for dinner tonight knowing I was going on Clipper Talk.
Speaker 1: Let's start with Adam Ausland. What do you think I ordered for dinner tonight knowing I was going on clipper Talk? I know?
Speaker 2: Ooh, so this is testing my knowledge of your Guys show basically right now, or.
Speaker 3: Your knowledge of Clippers, or your knowledge of talking about clippers, your Clipper Talk knowledge, your Chris Kwild.
Speaker 2: So it's not related to the Clippers. It's related to you personally in your stomach.
Speaker 1: I mean, no spoilers, bro, no spoilers.
Speaker 2: Can I call a friend, my god, Henry pick up the phone.
Speaker 1: Oh, I can guess. I think you got Los Angeles fish and clippers. So fish and clips? Yeah, fishing clips.
Speaker 2: You got dip?
Speaker 1: You got some dip. That has to be it right, So hold on a second.
Speaker 3: They're probably so there probably is some dip in here. There is, and it's going to be a dead giveaway.
Speaker 1: Oh you got a free Chick fil A. Okay, I got ship fil A. What I'm gonna go to Long John Silvers and get fishing clips? You would if they had a clippers name, fish and chips.
Speaker 3: Oh dude, if Mom John Silvers was this was the sponsor exclusively.
Speaker 1: I get type two diabetes. I'd be one hundred pounds heavier if it still existed.
Speaker 2: But okay, uh yeah, I missed that one fourth quarter. Should have known it was Clippers relay. You missed two as the road team, everybody gets Chick fil a sandwich here.
Speaker 3: I think one of my highlights of the last season was Boban intentionally missing both free throws in the in the Clipper fan appreciation game and gave the entire building free chicken.
Speaker 1: That was classic Bobon. I love that. I would love to circle back and answer your question, which is I think, which is what's it like being the positive home Clipper homer? And I think that reality can be a bummer, and it's not very difficult to look at and find the things that are wrong when a team loses or when things fall apart and stuff like that. And I think that the people who there aren't a lot of fair weather Clippers fans in my life. They're an old school they've been around, all in, and they're all in, and we're excited to be a voice for them because we get a lot of messages from people who're like, hey man, thanks, the last thing we want is to like hear how bad it is when it's when we lose a game, especially because a lot of times we're having these terrible conversations, but the Clippers when they're still winning.
Speaker 3: There was a time when we would only do shows after playoff wins and not after playoff losses, like hoping.
Speaker 1: That would like it didn't help into a championship, and it did not help you. No, it did not help. We eventually had to clip cast after as people were like, how come you quit doing the show.
Speaker 2: I just remember listening to your playoff preview against Dallas and Chris calling my ass out forgiven the Mavericks credit for bringing in Gafford and who else did they get? PJ? Washington?
Speaker 3: Yeah, does Adam osin love these guys? And you were right way the Western Conference champions So you call right, Well, I.
Speaker 2: Don't think I understood exactly where you were coming from because when you said clips and four in that series, it's because it's part of the show. It's part of your character on the show. And I was like, is this guy crazy here? What's going on with.
Speaker 3: My wildest take that like literally pissed people off, like like Lucas Hans still to this day won't talk to me. I was like, Terrence Man greater than s g A, and it literally like it broke people's brain.
Speaker 1: You couldn't handle it.
Speaker 3: And I was like, because Terrence Man Game six, round two, like SGA didn't do that for us, Like, yes, SGA is MVP caliber.
Speaker 2: Did you meant greater Clipper?
Speaker 1: Of course, of course I meant greater Clipper. But also it's on brand SG. It's on brand for me to do that.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying to say something completely outlandish and not based in any sort of sport fact. It's all sport fan fiction coming from my mouth to the Clipper Nation's ears. But someday it will be true.
Speaker 1: And maybe we won't go eighty two and Ozero, but we're gonna win that damn chip one year. We're gonna win that chip, and they're gonna think about us when they win it. We'll be at that parade, all three of us. Is wild.
Speaker 2: Your real last name or a stage name is my.
Speaker 3: True like my birth my government name is Ralph Lawler, but that was already taken.
Speaker 1: Then go oh me, oh my Adam.
Speaker 2: I will be by the way visiting with Ralph Lawler and doing an interview up in Oregon in Bend this weekend, So it might take a love se Joe Sweet Joe will be there. I got a cameraman. It's gonna look good, it's gonna look professional. I probably won't be, but Ralph Lawler will be. I just revisited his book again and read it again this past weekend, so I'm prepared. But if you guys have questions with the comments section, put him in, or if you guys have anything you want to know from Ralph Lawler, what he's been doing in retirement or whatnot. I'm sure you got some creative fun stuff you'd like to ask him.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, Like, first of all, I know he doesn't really I know he doesn't really care. But what I mean, if he could pick, would he rather have a statue at the new stadium, okay? Or would he rather they retire his number and the number be one hundred for Lawler's So that asks my question for you to ask Ralph when you see him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if had to pick, because it's also possible both, and.
Speaker 2: It's also possible neither be too far, too modest to want to answer. But it is a good question that would be the jersey number for sure, they do so.
Speaker 3: Not like one hundred, not a microphone, like one hundred Lawler in the rafters?
Speaker 1: What if the one is a microphone? Okay, there you go, there you go. I'll take it with. Who do you think.
Speaker 3: Should be the first retired jersey hanging from the rafters and win Blake next year?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Hard agree? I agree.
Speaker 2: As Henry said earlier, that was the turning point. Brian Seeman says it all the time, but he helped put the Clippers on the map because all of a sudden, every night they were on Sports Center, whether or not they were winning his initial rookie year after hurting his knee the first year in preseason, they were exciting, They were fun to watch, and Lob City was just getting started. Then you bring in CP three and uh, the air was truly born.
Speaker 1: But I mean also Will Ferrell smart enough in the very early days of Funnier Die to bring Blake Griffin into do sketches. No one had really come straight out of straight into the NBA or any sport immediately looking to tackle the entertainment industry like Blake did.
Speaker 2: He was in every key of commercial going on he was everywhere. He jumped over the car with the pass from Baron Davis in the All Star Game, and.
Speaker 1: Then he punched a guy.
Speaker 2: But they were like best friends too.
Speaker 1: Damn Andre was his best friend.
Speaker 2: Well it was of the equipment manager.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that guy was a third.
Speaker 2: Wheel man, Okay, and maybe he was third wheeling a little bit.
Speaker 1: I just follow up question.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you're better friends for it, That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Do you think they should retire Deandre's number. He's got a lot of records, a lot of Clipper records.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree with him. I think they should blake and deandret I think that, go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say L word. Fans do not like hearing stuff like this. Other fan bases wouldn't understand it. But if you take from where the Clippers were with all that losing for so long, and we just talked about thirteen straight winning seasons, this is progress. Ten years with Steve Baumer, ten years with a great owner, after having an owner who was actively working against them for forty years, almost.
Speaker 1: About and against people in general, working against the people of Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: If ownership is the greatest advantage in sports, the Clippers were at a disadvantage for almost forty seasons.
Speaker 3: Did you guys watch Clipped, the soapcom with Laurence Fishburne with as dude?
Speaker 1: The last scene was the best scene in the whole series. I'd love to tell you I'll go back and watch it, but I just just fast forward to the very end. Just trust me. The last scene is the did you watch it? Adham? Did you finish it? I did.
Speaker 2: I felt like it improved after it went along, once it got into the meat of the issue. By episode three, I don't remember the very last scene, but I did feel like it'sressed.
Speaker 3: So it's it's Doc River played by Morpheus from the Matrix, and I believe it was Elgin Baylor played by like some minister guy from Amen. If you ever watched the sitcom Amen with Sherman Helmsley, I'm pretty sure the minister.
Speaker 1: Was Elgin Baylor. Anyway.
Speaker 3: So it's Elgin Baylor and Doc Rivers in the Clippers training facility or in Staple Center and there and Elgin is shooting free throws and Doc Rivers and him have this little talk about like basically recapping what we just saw, and Shelley Sterling is kind of the bad guy.
Speaker 1: So Elgin is shooting free throws and he goes and and Doc was like, you're on a roll or something I don't know, and he goes, no, wait. He's like, wait, it's got a sound, right, and he shoots it and it goes black and you just hear the swish. I'm getting goosebumps talking about it. I had goosebumps all up and down my body. Now.
Speaker 3: Granted I watched every episode naked in a in a bathtup filled with ice, but other than that, I thought.
Speaker 2: You were gonna say uh with uh.
Speaker 1: With with v Stepiano. Okay, can I get back on.
Speaker 2: The spoilers are over?
Speaker 1: I think, oh my god, you didn't listen. I don't want to spoiler. You told me to watch it.
Speaker 2: I thought I was gonna see one of you guys in it. Honestly, I was waiting for an appearance Clipper.
Speaker 1: Daryl Clipper, I mean Clipper Darrel wasn't in it, but there was an actor portraying Clipper Darrel. If that was cool, I would have wanted to I would have wanted to have played Brad j No one gets that a long time in games. He was not long time three seasons, like Tracy was way longer than he called. He called the X Games.
Speaker 3: Oh, by the way, shout out to DJ Dents and Hannah who are so good they've been. And then also, uh r, I p rest in peace to the fallen hero of Fat Voice Move, who was the one was such a wonderful hype man when like DJ Dents knew exactly how to utilize fat Voice Move like that everything about that that was great and and and again hats off to Hannah and Dents.
Speaker 1: They run such a great show. People.
Speaker 3: People will go to Clippers games and and I don't know, I just talked to strangers, man, so like people will talk to me. This is my first Clipper game ever. I've been to a ton of stupid L word games. This is way more fun.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah, I know. Because we don't hate ourselves. We don't have the lights out where you can't see your neighbor. We don't show up late, We're not just staring at our phones the whole time, we don't leave early like these that those fans are so spoiled. I think they've been in half the NBA finals.
Speaker 2: Like literally, they're entitled because of their titles exactly.
Speaker 1: But they've lost more than they've won when they got there, which I absolutely love there.
Speaker 2: I think they're under the Celtics and the sixth thanks to the Celtics, who you know, we kind of we kind of see eye to eye with them once in a while. When it comes to the L word, why do you, guys? I want to ask you just lay out all the reasons of why you hate the L words so much, and I can jump into being from Sacramento. I like Magic Johnson as a kid. He was my favorite player ever. And I like the eighties Lakers and Showtime Lakers.
Speaker 1: I like the Colors.
Speaker 2: I was so young that was enough to appeal to me. But the Kobe Shaq era completely turned me off. And then the series against the Kings in two thousand and two where they got twenty twenty seven free throws in the fourth quarter of that game six. Whenever somebody says, oh, I hope we played the Lakers this year in the playoffs, I go, guys, I don't know if you want that. I know how that a series like that can go. They're gonna have every advantage possible.
Speaker 3: Do you think it's because of their style of play that they get to the free throw line so much more than everyone else, or do you think the league that the tables waited.
Speaker 2: All I know is I think they ended up taking over the last two seasons something like three hundred to four hundred more free throws on the next closest team to them, while being last in drives per game. That doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Wow, iow is far to rational.
Speaker 1: The whole that's the whole argument. And I'll tell you another reason why Burbank Hank hates the L word. And by the way, he didn't used to. He used to be a big L word fan.
Speaker 3: He liked all LA teams when he moved to LA in the late nineties, and who can blame him. LA Kings were great, the L word was great, The Coppers weren't. Dodgers were not great during that time, but whatever, they were fun. And I think that, by the way, is the team that has the most love throughout the city is the Dodgers one hundred percent. Second is the l It's a Dodgers town, Yeah, one hundred percent of Dodger Town. But burbankank one of the reasons that he's grown to hate the L word is because of their fans and the way they treated us at Staples Center.
Speaker 1: And I'm doing something that Hank hates. I am wearing a jersey with no undershirt. I hate it as if I'm a player about to go into the you're a fan at a state, you're at the beach, or you're a professional basketball player. You could wear a jersey with no teach shirt. I'm at the beach, if you're if you're at a stadium watching a game put on. I would rather you wear your dress shirt from work with a jersey over it, which I prefer as a look to a civilian wearing no undershirt beare shoulders and a night out in lawsuit. And you guys like, look at this Farmers stand. This is one of my great Farmers fans. Time wet suit tan line.
Speaker 2: I look, if there's a day to do, it is today, right, Henry.
Speaker 1: There's a day when I still not, I still don't like it. When when I when I so that the after story. The story that happened prior was that before we got the season tickets, I got here, wanted to become a Clippers fan. They didn't really have a TV deal, so you couldn't really watch Clippers, not every game. And at the same time, I was living with a Lakers fan, and we became Lakers fans, uh, And that was because every game was on TV, and then we got the season tickets. I was still watching both teams, cheering for both teams. And then what Chris just said, we when the Clippers were terrible, we would lose to the Lakers by twenty something points at our home game, and Lakers fans would cuss us out and call us homes legitimately, call us homophobic slurs. Walking out of the game, We're like, we we we're we We're the worst and you're the best. Like it was such a punching down, so it was really hard to take and we that was you and I are perfect, gentleman.
Speaker 3: That's so nice, especially especially twenty years ago when Chris Wilde was in his twenties, so temperant.
Speaker 1: So we we would lose games by not at all as soon we wore games.
Speaker 3: Yes, we would, we wear dress shirts from work and put a jersey over it.
Speaker 1: I would.
Speaker 2: We would win.
Speaker 1: We'd lose games by ten and turn around and heckle fans and say, oh, you're only beating us by ten. Yeah, but that's like, that's why I loved the knuckleheads. They he would rejoice and lose games.
Speaker 3: They were celebrating because they couldn't believe they were nineteen years old in the league, the youngest team in the NBA, having the time of their lives. Like, how do you not get swept away in all of that? And truth be told, I am the son of a Cubs fan, long suffering Cubs fan. I saw what it meant to this man to see his team win a championship in his lifetime, after going sixty plus years of his lifetime without a title. And he would say, Reverend doctor, and he would say like, oh, you know Clippers this and that.
Speaker 1: I go, oh, shut up, old man, you just won one one hundred years ago. We haven't won one a hundred years ago. So like one hundred and whatever years later, they win another one and it meant the world to him and meant the world to me.
Speaker 3: I remember they announced that at a Clipper game. I was at a Clipper game when the Cubby Bears beat the Cleveland not Guardians, and it was an amazing moment. It was a radical moment, and everybody was rejoicing. So anyway, a son of a Cubs fan, the Clippers just made all the sense in the world.
Speaker 1: And again, when we win it all, it will mean so much more to us than the L word fans stupid, twentieth whatever, nineteenth whatever it is. A couple of them are in Minneapolis where they actually have lakes, like, get out of here.
Speaker 2: I still hear these sarcastic remarks right now. I think Snoop Dog had one on the podcasts recently.
Speaker 1: Someone brought it over him and I was over it all.
Speaker 2: The Smoke podcasts with Matt Barnes, he brought up the wall situation and he made a crack about how are they going to be able to fill it with Clippers fans? Don't you guys feel like a lot of people are going to turn heads finally and realize, oh, this Clippers fan base is much bigger than we thought now that they have the end to it.
Speaker 3: Don't It's not shocking to me that popular rappers from the nineties are still living in the nineties.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about the dust Rushes, Native Tongues.
Speaker 2: Bro Biggie was a huge underground Clippers fans.
Speaker 1: People don't realize this that's right, Christopher Wallace man, he works for the Clippers.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm sure appreciate it is. This is the Clippers fans time, though to you know, if people thought they were hiding in the shadows or anything like that, or in the woodwork and weren't coming out. I know they've had a successful run over the last decade plus, but they have their own home and they have the fans to fill it now they do.
Speaker 1: This is not such a grassroots thing. No, they do, They absolutely do.
Speaker 3: I was sexing with Seamen and he said he was at some dry run maybe you were there at him where like Balmer invited like six thousand fans or something, and it wasn't capacity, but there was six thousand loud fans at that wall.
Speaker 1: And he was like, Chris, it was unbelievable. It'll blow your mind, it'll blow your ear drums. The advantage is real, the advantage that we're about to have starting October such and such versus the hated Phoenix Suns. The advantage is real and I can't wait, man, like especially thirteen winning seasons, thirteen winning seasons bringing that with you, so keep that cooking, like we may not have a losing season in that building in the next decade, like why not go another thirteen? Like let's see, man, let's see what happened. And we've never, ever, never, nerver, ever had any kind of a home court advantage. We've never had that.
Speaker 3: No, I mean in the postseason we did, man, our fans got good at the end of twenty one was real yea, yeah, we were down twenty plus and our fans willed us back into that game. Now, yes, I don't disagree with that, but there also was pretty much you could you could. You wouldn't be surprised if any game of the season suddenly you were out numbered by loud fans. There's never been a season where you'd be surprised if there was a contingent that was louder than you.
Speaker 1: I mean, it was the usual suspects, though.
Speaker 3: It was like Boston and obviously a Word and Warriors and Knicks fans and Labs.
Speaker 1: And then now but only briefly, the Suns.
Speaker 2: Who are your five most hated teams? I know the Sun might be number two.
Speaker 3: So definitely l Word, Warriors, Sons like yeah, but I'm I would flip it just one who's more relevant?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: What I mean, like, it's always gonna be l word number one for me, and then depending on who's more relevant, it's Warriors or Sons.
Speaker 1: If I had sons for me, who would you choose? If you had to choose, I would choose I would choose Dubs and then Sons. But I would choose Sons because they ain't number one nothing. They never won, man, they never won. With the Warriors. It's like, okay, you won it, you won four times and however many see okay, but the Sons suddenly started clucking around like they were the champs and they never won anything.
Speaker 2: Sons.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, So I think, is that is your top three? It seems the same as mine. L word, Warriors, Sons, reverse order, whatever.
Speaker 1: Okay, who would be four and five? Hank? It's always sly Western Conference. Well, I got a real loud mouth Knicks fan friend who won't shut.
Speaker 2: Up, and they have won a long time, a long time.
Speaker 1: And he went, he went, He went and sat in the three hundred section for Knicks Clippers on a Sunday afternoon, and when he stopt texting everyone he knew. But like a Knick's home game, but like a Knick's home game. So I'm pretty sure Clippers won that game. But that's personal, that's not about the team. I really can't think of another team I hate as much as the three of them. Oz, do you have more?
Speaker 3: I hate the cos the Pelicans because they beat us, because I hate them.
Speaker 2: That's brutal. Uh. The Rockets I didn't like only because when CP three went there and the first game back at Staples Center was the little dust up he and Blake got into, and then the tunnel thing. There was some hatred there if you want to go players now that we don't like. And I still always appreciate CP three, but a lot of people don't like him.
Speaker 3: Aymore, no, no, no, he's he's got such a huge chip on his shoulder, like he like, it's not our fault you're short, dude, Like it's not our fault that you were born five foot ten and you list yourself six foot or six foot one. That guy sees eye to eye when we are we're face to face, we're looking at each other dead in the eyes. That dude is five foot ten tops.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna say.
Speaker 3: Okay, see Thunder, by the way makes my top five those people, because what they did to Seattle, unless you're from Oklahoma City.
Speaker 1: That way, they didn't do it.
Speaker 3: But any one of those Starbucks fans are front runners for a team that hasn't won, you know what I'm saying, Like I don't.
Speaker 1: Was my first nam was the Seattle SuperSonics. Was my first team I rooted for in best.
Speaker 2: I like Seattle.
Speaker 1: I have a soft smart they're gonna have They're gonna have a team any minute.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, hashtag Sonics gate. Yeah, them in Vegas are getting the next two teams.
Speaker 3: So my buddy is a diehard Seattle SuperSonics fan. Diehard Seattle guy, diehard Seattle Seahawks fan. He was doing business in Oklahoma City right before the stadium was about to open, similar to our stadium.
Speaker 1: It's just about to open. They're getting ready the hoopla. It's like a few weeks away. He said. There was a tree planter outside the stadium with like a sapling growing like ever so delicately in the tree planter outside the brand new stadium. He said he took a dump in that tree stand and said, I said, well, but that's gonna help fertilize that tree. And he told me that is a hate tree that's growing.
Speaker 3: Outside that stadium, a cursed hate tree. So the thunder could never win because of that hate tree that's growing outside.
Speaker 1: And by the way, have you ever been to okcee do you know anything about the haunted hotel that the players have to stay?
Speaker 2: Thank you for changing this subject, but I've only heard you guys talk about the haunted hotel.
Speaker 3: To be honest, Okay, we gotta go a deep dive because I think my friend took a dump at that hotel and it's been haunted ever since.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm probably an unholy shit, Like let me know of the demonic came out? Maybe what other players outside of CP three, who again, I also think is a guy in these Avage Jersey retired at some point into it.
Speaker 1: Tell but right now possibly, yeah, I would wound.
Speaker 2: You know, it hasn't exactly closed yet, but if he came back this season, if they made that trade with the Golden State Warriors, I think very quickly people would get back on board with Chris Paul Well, that's like.
Speaker 3: That's like James Harden, right, that's like Russell Westbrook. It's like, you don't I didn't like those guys. I didn't like necessarily hate on those guys, but I certainly didn't like them. And then when they joined our team, I was like, oh my god, it is so fun rooting for James Harden. Like, holy cow, this guy is amazing and he's our quarterback. That's why, by the way, people are sleeping on us.
Speaker 1: Let him sleep. James Harden, knock On Wood, doesn't get injured a lot. He's gonna give you seventy games this season. I don't know what the average is, but it's a lot of games. He plays a slow paced game. He's got a big but he's a he's a great quarterback. He like leans into guys. He takes his damn time.
Speaker 3: He's not getting injured. So I like that he's our quarterback and we don't have to do the will they won't they with Russell Westbrook.
Speaker 1: So it's James Harden's team. It's not Kawi's team. It's James Harden's team. I think we're in good shape. Guys that I hate, obviously, I hate Anthony Davis. I hate Lebron Clay Thompson, Clay, you guys hate Clay. Oh, it's the worst. He's the worst. He had no chill when they were good and Dad wouldn't shut up on the radio. I'm like, oh, click click click, Clay. And he got interviewed and they said they he made up basically a question. They were asking him, kind of question about the season. He's like, oh, are we the best team ever? And it's like, no one asks you that, Clay. No one asks if you're the best team ever. I know, and by the way, they did actually ask him, but it's just like, I just try to really back up my hate. I can't stand him. And then it went on and on about the Clippers and their fans and all this again. Stand up. I'm glad he's in Dallas, and I hope nothing good happens for him.
Speaker 2: Do you guys hate Luca for now? Until the Clippers could try to make a fish at him in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: Completely can't stand Luca. He's he's by the way everything along with our league. He's from the very first tip of the very first minute of the very first game of the season, he's running around crying about every play. And I'm saying that as a Clippers fan from during the Love City era where maybe we cried a little too much. My nickname refs. My nickname for Luka don't Cic is Luca. Don't you just hate Luka? Don't cic? That's what I call him, call the stand. I can't stand Luca. He's the worst. Just history on it. Especially Dirk Noovinsky was the best. Dirk was the best. Here's a social experiment, Chris, you've said you hate Luka, don't cic. Chris, the Clippers just got Luca. Don't favorite player. He's good, just.
Speaker 2: Him face with passion. You remember Brian Steeman what he would always say for Chris, Paul the King of clever. As Chris was up to his antics, then you just have to spin it that way.
Speaker 1: He hit a lot of guys in the in the beans, king of clever guys. How did it make you guys? How did it make you guys feel when you found out JJ Reddick coaching the l Word? How did it make you feel? Because I got nothing but love for JJ up until.
Speaker 2: Obviously I don't want the Lakers to succeed. Succeed, but I have a hard time rudy against JJ Reddick. I agree with a lot of his opinions. I think he has a great basketball mind. I don't think it's a bad higher. I do think Darvin Ham lost them five to seven games last year. I think he was really bad. It's concerning to me, honestly, because I think he's gonna make them better.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know if he's a coach. He's got no coaching experience in they need a coach.
Speaker 2: I he has a coaching staff with Lebron James, one of the other greatest minds in NBA history. Like, what they didn't do right last year was simply play the roster in the lineup that got them to the Western Conference Finals the year before.
Speaker 1: Hard or just call it time out. Was tyleru a head coach before he was? Excuse me? Was Tyler an assistant coach before he was a head coach? Yes? Right, he was.
Speaker 2: Docs was the assistant with Cleveland and he was an assistant Yeah, with Doc before.
Speaker 1: That, Okay, and then he became a coach. He got bumped up. He didn't get bumped up because the coach got fired. Right, he became head coach.
Speaker 2: He won the championship with Cleveland twenty sixteen. They came back down three to one. He was playing Richard Jefferson in that game. Seven Old Ash Richard Jefferson, and it worked. It was brilliant.
Speaker 1: Not only.
Speaker 3: Not only do we have a better building, we got a better coach, a lot better. Tyler is a lot better head coach than JJ Bedick, of.
Speaker 2: Course, no doubt. I just think JJ, already having not coached at all, better than Darvin Ham.
Speaker 1: That's true with that, But being a great player does it make you a great coach. No took Jason Kiddy a very long time to get any good at coaching.
Speaker 2: I mean, Isaiah Thomas wasn't a good head coach. The one guy, Magic Johnson. The one guy who was pretty good and then just stepped down was Larry Bird with Indiana. Larry Bird was a good head coach who was an all time great player. But JJ is kind of in between, like when you have become managers. Yeah, he's he was a good player. He's not a Hall of famer, even though he does have some three points stuff going in his favor. He's not a Hall of famer. He's probably right in that range of relatability, but still being able to get the most out of guys and be tough on them when he needs to. Yeah, I think they're better with him, Whether or not. That means, you know, we have to be too concerned about the L word. I just know in the standings, the stuff coming season. I know you guys just went over the schedule for the Clippers. It feels like play in to sixty sixth.
Speaker 1: Seed being that was what I walked away with from our schedule party episode, was that we I thought the number we'd land I can't remember the actual number of wins would leave us in that sixth I was thinking six to eight exactly. But I'm an optimates but that is but that's also as constructed, and I don't think we're gonna be this team all season. Well again, we don't have a we don't have a second stream power forward, and our power forward can't finish the season. We gotta get more guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you tell me Kawhi is playing sixty plus games, I could say, Okay, they have a real shot the sixth spot, maybe even the five spot if things broke their way or if they still made another move.
Speaker 1: But we have a backup to him, PJ. Tucker, who's our other power forward.
Speaker 2: I don't know if PJ. Tucker's going to be on the team.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying they're literally was.
Speaker 2: The backup, and he is somebody who's gonna play twenty minutes a night at most, So that's not a great situation. Kobe Brown will get minutes there. You know, if you want to play Jordan Miller, if he could guard up a little bit more, I don't know if he can though a mere coffee, same thing.
Speaker 1: We have a Kobe, we have a Jordan. We have a Kobe and a Jordan.
Speaker 3: Adam, while I'm on your show, can you please talk to me about our juniors. I know everything that there is to know about Brandon Boston Junior, but we got three juniors on the squad.
Speaker 1: We got a Porter junior, we got a Jones junior's I don't know about Derek Jones. Sorry, I don't know these guys. I don't know. James Junior will be our starting small forward, so but I don't know much about him.
Speaker 2: You think he's gonna start, He's gonna play the three. I think they're gonna start. James Harden next to Terrence Man, next to Derek Jones Junior, next to Kawhi, next to eat Is Zubost. The only other guy could see.
Speaker 1: Being in there too.
Speaker 2: No I think Powell possibly for Terrence Man, but I don't want that because I want them to be more defensive oriented. And with that starting up outside of James Harden, you got four great defenders on the floor. They're gonna lean into defense, which they need to remember. They came into last season saying they want to be a top five defense to get back to playing defense. They finished seventeenth, and they were worse than that the last seventy games they were missing.
Speaker 1: So by wait a second, that was the thing, right, was that we brought in James Harden and everyone said, get ready, he doesn't play any defense, And for about six weeks he was the best defender the Clippers had and one of the best defenders in the league. He suddenly was playing defense, and then he was getting steals. He was getting stopped. All right, now we're gonna start calling each other on being hyperbolic. Now we're gonna do you guys ever do that? He definitely he was greatst covering guys, he was getting steals, and literally on sports radio everyone was like, wow, James Harden's playing defense. This is great, and then he just stopped.
Speaker 2: I think his effort was where it needed to be while still being one of the worst defenders on the team. But for him, for his standard, sure he still was doing enough and guys didn't have to cover for him enough. And he's where he's bad is off ball.
Speaker 1: He gets caught watching steels during that December.
Speaker 2: Well he's always gotten like he's led the league in steals before, like al and Iverson led the league and steels before. It doesn't necessarily mean he was a great defender. Like those guys crashed passing lanes. They take risks and therefore they give up a lot of plays.
Speaker 1: And he's got busy hands, which I know you love, Hank, busy hands. That's what you guys have seen skilled a lot of complaints from you, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: Justin Rousseau put together something fly by Night on Wait a second, wait a second, is it Rousseau?
Speaker 1: It's not I just you. I've been calling on Justin rust like that's white and.
Speaker 2: He's not French.
Speaker 4: He's likelier day he put together a mix and called it Speaking to the Heels with James Harden, the James Harden.
Speaker 2: Strip Club Mix. All his highlights of all his heels, and there were plenty of them. So when they went twenty six and five during that thirty one game run. To your point, Henry, he was more than doing his part. I think it was not a complete siber liability.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Thank their offense was so damn good defensively, even when they weren't great, it didn't matter. But still they were good enough on that and for a section of the of the season.
Speaker 3: Were you guys don't think we could do a twenty six and five out of thirty one run with this current lineup.
Speaker 1: I'm getting that vibe. I don't know that. I don't know that. I really don't know enough about Derek Jones Junior, right, I don't really know about Derek Jones Junior. And it feels like some of these guys people are excited about that we've gotten. I just don't know enough about him yet.
Speaker 3: I still don't know if it's Michael Porter Junior or Kevin Porter Junior.
Speaker 1: I still don't know.
Speaker 2: I know Kevin Porters junior, and he's not related to Michael, and Michael is better. Michael is uh proven and a two hundred million dollar player and was a top four player on Championship.
Speaker 1: Could have had him.
Speaker 5: You could have just said, yeah, they could have. They could have had him, They could have had him, they already had s g A. Instead they went Jerome Robinson. To be fair, a lot of teams passed on Michael Porter Jr. Because of the back issues, and I think he missed his first season because of that too.
Speaker 1: Also to fair, Terrence Man greater than SGA.
Speaker 2: So to be fair, some say one one person the last day of the wild.
Speaker 3: And maybe maybe Terrence Man's mom also says that, Like I think two people.
Speaker 1: Say that, no doubt.
Speaker 2: Uh, Kevin Porter Jr. Is very talented though, guys, just the off the court stuff that is obviously.
Speaker 1: We got a fair We got a fair amount of off the court stuff coming that just came our way. That is also yeah, we'll see. Uh, he's not our only guy who's problems.
Speaker 2: Kai Jones had some mental health issues and looks to be healthy now in multiple ways. There is he had an ankle injury in play in the summer League. Has tremendous upside. I think he just turned twenty three, but can jump out of the gym. Could be a rim runner type of big that would be a great danum with James Harden at times. Kevin Porter Junior, you put up fifty on Drew Holiday in a game for the Houston Rockets. Like, yeah, average almost twenty points per game a couple of years ago.
Speaker 4: You like that.
Speaker 2: The issue is off the court, and he is on a two year deal, so it seems like the Clippers are believing in investing in him.
Speaker 3: Comback clips, man, come back clips. These guys have comebacks when they come here, like Reggie Jackson, Nicholas. There's a lot of guys where they get a second shot with the clips and you're flying under the radar and you're living in this beautiful West Coast with the gorgeous weather, and it's not all the pressure that the other guys get, so you can really shine.
Speaker 1: We'll see what happens. It could be a redemption story. Adam, Are you sick of talking about Paul George?
Speaker 2: No, if you guys, I want to talk well with you guys a bit.
Speaker 1: Well, Well, I could cover ground that's been covered and I'm happy to do it. But I am curious what your feeling is about how what his season is like at Philly. We all know what he we all know what he did here. He underperformed here. He said he didn't want to be the number one option. He shirked his responsibility, he didn't put forth full effort, and then complained that he didn't get number one money and then aired the laundry all out like that's the long and short of it, and I love it.
Speaker 2: I love left burning bridges like this on the way out when I think it would have been close to like maybe sixty forty booze to cheers when he came back on November sixth. Now it's going to be like ninety ten boost to cheers. And that's all self inflicted. It's his own doing. It's we know how it is having a podcast and having to talk a lot, and sometimes you get yourself into trouble. But as Paul's here brought up, you can also edit that stuff out afterwards. I think he has.
Speaker 1: Took out.
Speaker 2: Could somebody get in his ear and say, maybe calling your former team, the B team that you said you grew up rooting for, so therefore you should have known where their place was in Los Angeles, So why were you actually surprised all of a sudden when you realized, oh, it's not the same as the Lakers. And by the way, the Clippers are on their way we'll see who has the funeral.
Speaker 1: Why'd you say no, thank you to the responsibility of being the leader and then complain you didn't get matching money? Literally said in multiple interviews, I just want to be Robin. I just want to be the number two. I don't think I'm a number one.
Speaker 2: Then what's the problem, and then said, just give me what Kawai got, and then two sentences later said, so they offered the one fifty and I'm like, we're in the ballpark. Now. Wait, you just said just give me what Kawai got. They offer it and you don't take it.
Speaker 1: Still now, so do you think it'd be the same So then that's my question. Do you think it's going to be the same thing in Philly? Do you think that Embiid's gonna be injured, Paul George is gonna it's just gonna be another exciting start that goes nowhere.
Speaker 2: I think there's a high likelihood of that just because of MBA's Yeah, you know, his lack of availability in the playoffs has been very similar, and even when he has been available, there's been a dirty little secret around Embi that he really hasn't performed to his capabilities. And big spots in the playoffs. Healthy or not, he has not been the guy. Obviously. They lost in the second round last year to the New York Knicks, but I have question marks. Now he has a young guy in Maxi and Tyrese Max who's only twenty three. That's very different than playing next to an older Kawhi and older James Harden. You do have a young buck that you can rely on as an innings eater. That was brilliant for them and really better I think than MBID in that playoff run for them last season. But I don't trust the health of the team, including Paul George. I know he's coming off a season where I think he played seventy eight games for the Clippers. I think some of that he pushed it to the max because he wont to make sure to get that max contract. I don't blame him for doing that season Absolutely in February when he was averaging eighteen points per game and shooting under forty percent or whatever it was, he didn't look right. He didn't look healthy to me, but he just felt like maybe he had to play through that. Now also said maybe it was the contract issue, Maybe it was that getting into his head. I don't know, but him has a third option. It's a good spot for him. There is the third option. I just don't know if they're gonna have all the pieces available when they need to in a playoff run.
Speaker 1: So you think he's the third option, he's the second option. And do you think he knows that and he wants to be three?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: I think he's strilled. I think he's in for a hard, hard, rude awakening. When they said what are you most on his own podcast, what are you most excited about playing in Philly? And he said, the fan.
Speaker 2: So screwed.
Speaker 1: It's screwed. Philadelphia is the worst. Philadelphia is the worst part of your worst kind of person. Philadelphia is the worst. Fanta clause like Clipper fans are sweethearts. Were sweethearts. They're gonna thrill him. They're gonna kill him. He's dead the one hundred points in a game. They're gonna kill him. Dead on the water. He's dead on the.
Speaker 2: I'll predict with you, guys, tell me if I'm onto something here. At some point during the season, whether regular season of the playoffs, he's gonna have to have a podcast pee blackout where he goes off the air because he feels like if he doesn't, he's gonna be highly criticized by his play even more because they're gonna say all he cares about is the podcast that happens.
Speaker 1: If he does that, well you have us on immediately to talk about it. Or he has a podcast p Blackout where he gets blackout drunk and says what he really feels about the Philadelphia fans. They are terrible. There's a reason that George Washington across to Delaware to New Jersey and put Pennsylvania in the rear view. That place is horrible. That place is horrible. I would never want to mess with those fans.
Speaker 2: And here, when was it Troy Aikman who LeVar Arrington like broke his neck and he never played again. I can't remember. That wasn't Philly, It was yeah, booing Santa. It is the toughest place to play in the sports.
Speaker 1: Philadelphia's most legendary sports icon is a fictional character named Rocky. It's not even a real guy. It's not a real guy. That is not that's the worst city. That is the worst city. Hold on, hold that it is a great sports city. Now, hold on, that's one of this horrible top five sports city, get sports, top sports bull bull crap to crap. That's that's that's that's that's outrageous that you're saying that the Eagles have won the championship multiple times, they're a great sports city. Get out of here. That's like called Cleveland a great sports city. It's like calling Cleveland a great sports city. If you're a horrible city, you're not a good sports city. You're a horrible city. And that's just what you are. Like Boston's a cool city, Like so it's not a really cool city. So they could be a good sports down New York City, great city in the world, that could be a good sports time obviously, l a coolest cit Icago. Chicago got a of course, the original five NHL cities sports.
Speaker 2: I heard something awful about Chicago sports over the last year, over the last calendar years, someone somebody said this on sports radio that if you combined all of their sports and added up their win percentage, it was the worst of any city in the history of sports. Like every team was so bad at once wofetime. And they've been through a lot already.
Speaker 1: Right now you're talking about just right now, last calendar year, they.
Speaker 2: Put together the worst win percentage combined of all their sporting teams. I don't know what it ended up being, like they won thirty percent of their games with all their teams something like that. Okay, I want to ask you guys. Did I listened to the last podcast.
Speaker 1: Smart very smart schedule.
Speaker 2: Reveal podcasts, and you guys went through the entire hour.
Speaker 1: We're tired again.
Speaker 2: You did the work, You did the work, no day game. But but you brought up an issue I had when I saw the schedule sixteen back to backs?
Speaker 1: Do you think what is happening? Why do we get a new stadium if we're gonna have sixteen back to backs? I thought that was an immediate fix would be that we would at least at least have the same amount of back to backs, not a record number. We've never had sixteen back to backs.
Speaker 2: We'll take fifteen, damn it, but one more, not sixteen.
Speaker 1: Over more over more. We would have taken the under we wanted, the under star Spurs. We would have taken any amount of over.
Speaker 3: That's the thing, though, You gotta win, like you gotta win to get a good schedule, and and you gotta win a lot.
Speaker 1: So it's like the Warriors were not that great until they became great. You know, so they were get in favor. They did it in the draft. Bro, they did it in the draft.
Speaker 2: I know, Jen straight winning seasons over here?
Speaker 3: What do you mean you gotta win, you gotta win chips, you gotta win multiple chips or you think that's it under you think that's the reason one hundred Milwaukee Bucks don't have as many back to backs because they want to chip three years ago?
Speaker 1: Where the hell it is? I guarantee you, I guarantee you take the last four champions and none of them have as many back to backs. I mean, obviously, I think we have the most back to backs in the league. I don't know. I don't know that in front of me, but I guarantee you Milwaukee Bucks won one. Right who else? Like, like, who's a random team that won in Toronto Raptors? Like, I guarantee you they don't have as many. I win something.
Speaker 2: I'll say this. I think there are eleven teams that had sixteen back to backs, and the Clippers were one of them. Oh wow, Now how many of them though had their own arena? Have their own arena? Just built their new arenas. Getting the All Star Game, is getting the Olympics, is doing all this good for the NBA, and they still have to deal with that.
Speaker 1: I hate us They not to mention a team that it feels to me like the league would like to be relevant, like they were. They've been a marquee story. Why why put them in a situation when the backs at all? Why does it any back to backs? It really is bad?
Speaker 2: Why Adam will take it into July? No back to backs for any team? More superstars play every night.
Speaker 1: Therefore, and by the way, in the playoffs, not a single team in the in the conference finals, those last four teams, not a single team featured a recognizable star veteran that had been around. You know, there was no Lebron, there was no kd there was no Steph Curry. These guys, these there were stars in it. But like our guys that are older, that have been in the league for ten years and are still the face of the league, we're all hobbled. There's so many injuries at the end of the season. Why do there need to be any back to backs? Especially then the complaint is, but I bought a ticket, I didn't get to see every player play. Well, then do less games. Well, they're never going to do less games, sadly, because that one I know answered all your questions is money. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And the one truncated season where I think we had seventy five, it was like it was a seventies.
Speaker 1: It wasn't eighty two. It was in the seventies. But the math worked out perfectly that we played everyone in the East twice, we played everyone in the West three times, so there were no tie breakers. It was the math worked so perfectly. Why aren't you doing this every season? But I get why they're not doing it whatever, And to your point about the old Heads not being there in the final four, I loved it. I loved all the I love you too, But I'm saying that if your teams are injured, what's the point.
Speaker 3: But look at the Celtics. Look what the Celtics were able to do. They didn't have any serious injuries really all season long.
Speaker 1: Their stars stayed healthy.
Speaker 2: Gave they lost Chris STAPs and still won the damn championship. That's crazy.
Speaker 1: That's a good point.
Speaker 2: But I don't think they had a top five player on that team in the end. Stato or Dalen Brown are one.
Speaker 1: But we are several seasons in a row where the download at the end of the Western Conference, at the end of the season, as Wow, whoever made it to the finals face nothing but injured teams. That has been a story for several seasons and it happens because they're playing too much. Yeah, I mean, I'm a big oh if the Stuns made it but everyone was injured like that keeps being the story as we're going into the finals here and here's the thing.
Speaker 3: Just like to go back to what you guys were saying, where Adam has the guys in a six to ten window, Hank has the guys in a six to eight window.
Speaker 1: You gotta be one, two or three if you want to win it all. You just have to. You said that HARDBA.
Speaker 2: Only two teams ever have won that were not there and.
Speaker 3: They were returning champions. Both of the teams were returning You have to be one, two or three, and it really helps to be one. Boston Celtics were the best team in the NBA and they won it all. They only lost like three times at home or something. They only lost like three playoff games or whatever it was. They had an incredible run, and I think they're for real. And I'm very glad that we're not in the Eastern Conference because Boston scares the crap at me.
Speaker 2: Is the championship window closed for this ara of Clippers basketball?
Speaker 1: Oh? Hell no, you can't go eighty two and oh and not win it.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think Kawhi can still get one. I think we got to build.
Speaker 3: I think James Harden can lead us to the Promised Land. This team, like Hank said, is not going to look the same by year's end. We always make moves by the trade deadline. We've never really sat pat like ever. It's been a long time since sat pat.
Speaker 1: So uh yeah, we can. Kawhi can win one. He may not.
Speaker 3: He may not be the first option when we win, but we could. Kawhi can be suited up and we can win it all. And I like, I just want baby steps, man, like I wanted that first Final four and we got it. You know, I want to be the Western Conference champs like I want that. I want to win the NBA Cup, the end season tournament won there too.
Speaker 1: I take it. Well, I I think it's I think a lot. It's funny. We don't talk about him because he's one of my favorite Clippers, and I'm glad he got his bag. But Georgia, I'm very curious to see what I'm very I'm very curious to see if Zeus's game has changed in the postseason. I'm very curious to see what much better every year.
Speaker 2: But he.
Speaker 1: And he and he, he has so definitely improved his athleticism. I'm curious to see what kind of fire he brings this season. And I wonder if he's ready to climb in and take the spot that Paul George left. Obviously not the position spot, but I mean as far as being a high options getting better and better. But he needs to explode this season, and then I still think we need another piece.
Speaker 2: And I agree it feels like they're a piece away right now having lost Paul George. But they're in a decent position with more flexibility now. Also, so could happen.
Speaker 1: And the West doesn't scare me like it scares everybody else. I'm not scared of the West. Also, we've made it. We've made this is We got James Harden in season and never had chance to a chance to implement him. So I am also curious to see what happens, like these guys, guys are going place. That's something the Clippers do beautifully, has traveled together and bond and all of that. And you have to know that James Harden and Kawhi Leonard know whatever the question is about championship windows or bay windows or French doors, they really they they do need to put up.
Speaker 2: I have.
Speaker 3: I have a Kawhi Leonard question for both of you guys. Now mine is so dumb and not at all sports related. There was footage, now, there was footage of Kawhi Leonard and Paul George playing golf, hanging out in Hawaii. Do you know what Kawhi Leonard was drinking in this video?
Speaker 1: It happens to be my favorite drink. I know, I know what he called it.
Speaker 2: I know what he called it.
Speaker 1: What do you call it?
Speaker 2: Goat juice?
Speaker 1: Goat juice?
Speaker 2: They asked what is that? And he said, like, this is goat juice. We met like greatest of all times.
Speaker 1: Arnold Palmer. It was an Arnold Palmer. Now, follow up question, follow up question. What was on the bottom of that Arnold Palmer? Was it lemonade on the bottom or was it iced tea?
Speaker 2: You have to link this episod.
Speaker 1: Think about when I had Arnold Palmer at your house a few weeks ago at the Tiki Hut.
Speaker 2: I would say lemonade.
Speaker 1: Yeah, lemonade, That's what I was gonna say. Oh wait, no, oh, I'm so sorry. It was iced tea on the bottom and lemonade on the top. Who drinks it? Arnold Palmer like that? It's insanity. Everyone knows you put lemonade on the bottom and then iced tea on the top. But anyway, what's your real what's your goat juice with iced tea on the bottom and lemonade on the top. I've never in my life seen anything that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Good enough for Kauhi? Good enough?
Speaker 1: Okay, what's your Kawhi question?
Speaker 2: I heard you guys talk about the little management stuff coming into this season and how they could treat him. In fact, we started off this podcast bringing it up. I don't know at this point. I'm open to a lot when it comes to Kawhi. I used to shun and dismiss people who say, just wait to the playoffs and bring him back in March or late April. Well, I don't think you could do that. I don't think you could do that either, because you just won't make the playoffs. He has to play some to at least stay afloat and be in the hunt. But I don't know if he's playing a back to back all season long, and I don't know if he shouldn't be.
Speaker 1: He shouldn't.
Speaker 2: There's sixteen of them. I think that's sixteen games right off the top. That means the most games he could play is then sixty six if he's available all the other onehoa and we.
Speaker 1: Don't have a backup forward that can play. But here's this k We've got nothing else. Here's the thing, boys, this new stupid rule. He's gonna play the participation he's back to back. I don't play them he played.
Speaker 2: I think you can get an exception from those if there's the right medical report, because that's what he got when he first came over to the Clippers. The NBA doctors had to look at it, sign off and say, okay, it's fair for him not to play back to backs. I think it could happen again.
Speaker 1: I hope it happens.
Speaker 2: If there's any guy that should get a pass when it comes to this. At this point, it has to be Kawhi. Obviously he's injury prone. Obviously, try to get him in a playoff series is also good for the NBA and their ratings. So anything you can do to make that happen.
Speaker 1: Please, sixteen back to backs, so that means he would be available for eight and not available for.
Speaker 2: Eight basically, Uh no, no, no, that means he's available. There's sixteen back to backs.
Speaker 1: So that's thirty two games.
Speaker 3: Ah, okay, okay, so sixteen games available for sixteen available available, unavailable for sixteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and as we all know, eighty two minus sixteen is sixty six and that's his sweet spot. So by god, do it. I just don't think they will sadly ad him.
Speaker 2: I just don't think well, the Clippers, ABA.
Speaker 1: The NBA, the NBA.
Speaker 3: I don't think the NBA signs off on it because they hate us because we have sixteen back to backs because they don't like us. So I and then last season he played in back to backs and then he got like when you know the guy cann Why that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You know he can give you sixty Just pay the damn fine or whatever it is. Deal with the ramifications and the repercus.
Speaker 2: It's not like Balmer would be opposed to just paying the fine if it came down to something like that, and they truly felt like this is what's best for Kawhi. NBA be damned.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know how they go about that, but I think we've tried everything at this point.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So if he can only play sixty games in the season, and you set that number going in, I'd be fine with managing him that.
Speaker 1: West what Toronto did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they could. They had a plan with their doctors, and it worked out. Even though he was kind of limping at the end of that playoff run, he did.
Speaker 1: Make it through. But it is always there's no good answers here, my friends. Yeah, I mean the good the good answer is if he takes off back to backs, honestly, like.
Speaker 2: The guy that's one, that's number one.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But I just unfortunately, because of the silly new rule and they call it the Kawhi rule, I just don't think the league goes along with it, sadly, and so I want desperately for him to only play sixty regular season games, sit out these sixteens and play sixty six honestly, play sixty like sit out another six, pick another six to sit out.
Speaker 1: Give me sixty and be available in the postseason. Man.
Speaker 2: As you guys mentioned though on the clip cast, we're gonna find out immediately because they have two back to backs on the first sixty games.
Speaker 1: It is ridiculous, man, It's like and how it's how it's one of the toughest angles and we have our own seventeen at all. It didn't get better at all. Honestly, no day games is better. Yeah, okay is better.
Speaker 2: I didn't like. I know it had some effect, but at some point if you have so many of those day games, and that was the complaint, right, we have too many of these matinee games. Yeah, well, if you have so many of them, how did you never get used to them? If you had so many, How did you never find a rhythm with them? If you had so many of them?
Speaker 1: I bet I've been games. You don't do the game. I think if you looked at the.
Speaker 3: Win loss ratio of day games, it wouldn't be as bad as everyone makes it out to be.
Speaker 1: All these winning seasons in a row.
Speaker 3: You can't tank every day game and still come out on top with as many day games as we had, So I bet you, yeah, sure we probably won more at night, but I bet you we were over five hundred. I bet you we were a winning ball club during the day, not by a lot, but I bet you we were a winning.
Speaker 1: Team still and now we don't have to worry about it. Yeah, which is not that bad a stat until you realize that we're talking about being around five hundred on a certain type of home game, right, So I mean, yeah, okay, we were close to five hundred, but that those are your games. Were you like to think you go higher than five hundred at home?
Speaker 2: And they might have lost to under five hundred teams more frequently in those matinee games too, but way to know. Yeah, a couple more for you guys.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 2: How much do your emotions from a Clippers game affect you throughout the week, depending on the win or a loss.
Speaker 3: I once took a friend of mine to a Clipper game and we lost kind of brutally. Maybe we had to lead in whatever, it doesn't matter. I was walking back to my car. I used to always park on Twelfth.
Speaker 1: And Hope because you gotta have hope, and Twelfth led right to my entrance and So anyway, after the Clipper loss, I was crossing the train tracks there on twelfth and something Figureoa maybe or just past whatever that is. And I literally laid down on the train tracks after the game, and my friend was like, no, Chris, no, Chris, and he picked me up. Now, obviously I wasn't gonna do it. I wasn't gonna do.
Speaker 2: Damsel distress tie down on the train tracks.
Speaker 1: But I laid down on the tracks after that game. And Hank has been with me when I literally have torn How many jerseys did you throw away at the autograph game of a season autograph jersey candy autograph autograph otem? I bet, I mean, I don't think I know. I would have never done that. I did throw an odom away. Don't you dare say that that's that can't be true? Was that after a second stint with the Yeah, and it was at the end of a regular season heartbreak loss, and then you were like suddenly you didn't have a jersey on and you were gone. By the way, you didn't say good night either, No, I were gone done. I got to go to Hooters by myself. I agree with that, but I I dis I disagree that it is a long time at him. I disagree that it was an Odem jersey because Okay, most jerseys that I own of any player in any sport is lamar Odem Clippers jerseys, and second is Blake. So I think, yeah, I probably threw out of Richardson jersey for like, you know what I'm saying, I threw out some jersey. I threw out multiple jerseys out of disgust and and ripped T shirts. And yes, it's ruined my It's ruined my next day, and it's ruined my weekend. However, it has also made my month getting one win. You know what I'm saying, It's made my year beating the championship Celtics on a Baron Davis buzzer beater. So it's like, for all the negatives, it didn't give me a wife and kid, so it's like the positives, it gave me a best friend for God's sake. Like the positives vastly outweigh the cons. And we still haven't won a damn chip. So when we win the championship, I'll be the happiest man on planet Earth. I will cry tears of joy every single day. And now we don't have to have that stupid parade on Figueroa. It's Inglewood, Baby, We're gonna be parading around Inglewood, led by Mayor Butts, Henry Dittman's favorite. And by the way, I let it go immediately. Really yeah the next morning. The next morning, I'm bummed that night, and then usually I wake up and go, okay, here we go when but I don't, oh no, no, no devastates me. That devastates me. But I also don't like the podcast after a loss. I hate it. I gotta be honest. I hate it. Now that I'm older, I'm like, it doesn't room. It doesn't room me anymore, like the little numb we're calloused. Exactly. They've numbed me to it. They've me Yeah, my family is healthy, my friends are healthy. I can I can usually get past it. But to to your point, those bigger losses they hurt also show show business in Hollywood have chewed me up and oh yeah, way more times than the Clippers ever.
Speaker 2: Did you guys have uh have weathered the storm or failure for some time?
Speaker 1: Exactly? Okay? Uh?
Speaker 2: Are we going to have more fun next season with lowered expectations?
Speaker 3: Oh oh are you asking Henry manage your expectations for Prank Dittman.
Speaker 2: Every game means so much more because just to stay afloat, they need to win like they're gonna be on a razor's edge all the time.
Speaker 1: No, I think it's I think that with Paul George gone well by the way last year, I felt like we had less expectations at the end of the day even with James until James Harden came in, people were like, I don't know, they couldn't stay healthy. I think it'll be super fun in the new stadium. I think we have We have lots of young guys and guys with who we haven't seen their ceiling yet in the league who have joined the team that are gonna be really fun. The only thing that could make it heartbreaking and disappointing, frankly, is gonna be if Kawhi Leonard can't finish the season. That's the only thing that's gonna make the season not fun for me is if we get another season where it looks like we're in the right place and then suddenly without ever seeing his leg turnaround sideways or any the other dramatic things we've seen with Star players going down, he just seems to be injured. We hear after the game after playing a quarter that that somehow makes it worse for me. Like we were in the building and Sean Livingston went down, we were watching the game when Paul George went down. These things are devastating, but at least that game, at least you're saying something and so to instead be just playing a game and he plays great, and then the next night you're like he what he he? Why Wyland, Like it's like he's just not gonna he's just hurt. That somehow makes it worse because you're not just watching for an injury. You just don't know when he walks off the court. If that was it for the season, I mean after thirteen winning seasons, like Balmer's never owned the team and had a losing season. So it's like, I just don't it doesn't equate to me that will be a forty win or less team. So if that were to happen, that would absolutely devastate me, especially that I would be crushed. I would be absolutely crushed. Yeah, no, I'm not gonna be that. We're not gonna be that. No, No, not at all. Why would we be. I mean, like Balmer will buy his way to a winning season. I promise you that. But I also think we have great pieces that we haven't They just haven't been implemented. We're gonna learn a lot real fast. I mean, I've never been more interested. I've been more excited about a preseason, but I don't think I've ever been more interested in seeing how the pieces fit than I am this season. I wonder, like, are we going to miss and long for Paul George? I just I just don't think so. But like I loved him, We're going to day. I love this play. He was my favorite Clipper during the time he was here. As far as his style of play, I loved him. I just wanted more forehead. His forehead was way too short, like that was very distracting to me. I need this. Hairlines so good, Yes, Haroline was so low and so good, Like it was very distracting to me. I like, get him gone, get put a headband on, or get out of here, go to Philly. But let's see what happens. Let's see what happens. Boys.
Speaker 2: Speaking of haircuts, bad ones, good ones, David Ones, hairlines. I didn't realize this till I did a little bit of research before this episode. Chris Wilde is in a series that made up some of my fondest memories when it came into basketball commercials. Ever, and I was in northern California at the time. I had no idea who this guy was.
Speaker 1: Grace.
Speaker 2: I've been thinking about.
Speaker 1: Was it Morris and Jerome? What were their names? Alan and Jerome? I don't know if I was Allen. I don't know if I was Jerome. We never knew, we don't. I don't know to this day if I was Alan or Jerome.
Speaker 2: Next to the original Mike's Hard Lemonade commercials that were fantastically creative. These were my favorite commercials as a kid growing up, and I found a couple of them online on YouTube, and I just would like to play one and revisit things here because who, as last year should have been you, Yop, I can't believe this is Chris, this is a this is a.
Speaker 1: Dragon shack attack. I would really showing up my magic much over High Team.
Speaker 2: Okay, a oldka, but they ain't got the Allen iverson Grace. You know, if I was playing them, I'd be punishing them, pushing them.
Speaker 1: They gonna they can stop this, You cannot stop this. I'm like Cake and I'm deeper than John Take in this circle. The hell? Wow?
Speaker 2: How hell do those commercials like? Honestly, I thought they would look worse with the super posed stuff, given that it's twenty whatever years later.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we made him in two thousand years claim.
Speaker 2: I was like, how the f did they do this? This looks really good and it still looks decent enough and fun enough.
Speaker 1: Where did you? How did this happen? So they auditioned in New York and La. Okay. So the other actors name is Dragon aka Eric Weiner, and he was living in Brooklyn.
Speaker 3: They cast him out of New York. They cast me out of Los Angeles. They had me go to the Hollywood y to see if I could actually been like kind of hoop and or at least look funny while hooping. So they cast me, they cast Eric Okay, they fly me to New York. We shot all these in New York, like we're on the stoop, We're at the playground where at the pizza polla don't we bought it?
Speaker 1: So we do like a Knicks commercial.
Speaker 2: We do.
Speaker 1: Utah Jazz commercial. I believe Malone Stockton. We do a Spurs.
Speaker 3: Commercial and we do an L word commercial, And we actually did two versions of the L word commercial where I'm an anti L word fan in one version and then I'm actually a fan in the other version.
Speaker 1: That took some acting. So they fly me.
Speaker 3: This is my first ever road gig in show business, where like it's a union job, Screen Actors Guild. They're flying me three thousand miles to set whatever. This first time I was ever flown first class in my life. It was the first time I was ever in first class.
Speaker 1: No one thought I belong there. They check my ticket like sixty seven times. I got free drinks, I got free everything. Is this real silver? Put it in your purse. Put it in your purse anyway. So I fly to New York City and I stay at the Sherry Netherland, which is like one of the nicest hotels by like the Fao Schwartz where like Tom Hanks played chopsticks with the piano on the floor, like it was epic and the first day was the easiest day of shooting in my life. It's just me and Eric ad libbing, riffing as like homeboys who just talk smack like New York style about basketball. It was the best, and so I thought, man, this is gonna be the easiest gig of my life. Day one was the best, Day two whatever. Day one. That night I go out and party with all my homies from New Jersey. All the bridge and tunnelers come to New York City. We go big.
Speaker 3: They crash in the Sherry Netherland Hotel room. I go to sleep at like four am. I have a call time at six am. The cars coming to get me at five thirty. I get ninety minutes to sleep. I was like, whatever, I don't need sleep. I'm just doing funny talk.
Speaker 1: I get there. Day two and Day three are all in a giant sound stage that's all green, green basket, green floor, green walks, two green hoops, two days of basketball. We're the only thing that's not green is me and the basketball and Eric and they're like, okay, so we're gonna take Nick van Exel out and we're gonna put you in. And he gets from point A to point B in six seconds and it's like fifty feet and he's dribbling, and I'm like, oh my god, I got ninety minutes to sleep.
Speaker 2: I do just had to be well choreographed and you're sweating gin.
Speaker 1: You are just sweating gin and with.
Speaker 2: All the lingo and all the trash talk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like like literally like none of that was on the page, like none of it, Like we just were in character that that one day, like the one day is all the setups and then it was two days of special effects stuff and that one day we were just we never we never broke character. We were in those characters. And the directors like it was almost like they were like they had a lot to do.
Speaker 3: But like every now and again they'd be like what did you just say? Oh yeah that, Oh what did you Oh we got to do that? You know like nick Obaca please, like that.
Speaker 1: You can't write that. You can't write Nikobocka please.
Speaker 3: You know, so that that was an ad lib. All of it was ad lib, Like I think, like like it was so funny. They like they won all these awards, they won like best Writing, and I was like they didn't write.
Speaker 1: That, Like that's an amazing concept. It's an amazing concept, but they didn't. Like calling your best friend boo, that was not in the script.
Speaker 2: They should bring it back, like they's.
Speaker 3: Really almost gave us a movie like Bill and Ted's excellent adventure style, but it just it didn't happen almost. Yeah, they played those three years three seasons great like three year run incredible, made a lot of dough re me. I was very happy with that, uh, and it kind of endeared me to a bunch of guys in the league. And when I tell like, you know, like a certain generation Hooper, Oh you remember.
Speaker 1: Alan and Jerome guest us creep on in Creeping Look or creep On like they know it, like they know the lines, so like it's it definitely endeared me to a lot of basketball heads. So it's cool. Man. That was like one of my favorite gigs of all time for sure. It's awesome.
Speaker 2: Where can people see you right now? Because I know I see you guys in commercials.
Speaker 1: All the time. I see you. I think I tweeted as you.
Speaker 2: Cris back when you were on there the Babysitter two was out, I tweeted as you Henry. I've seen you in mad Men, and I know you guys are working all the time. I don't want to embarrass you, but where can people when they recognize your face on here and they're like, I knew that I've seen that guy. Where would that be right now?
Speaker 1: Well, you can always see what I've got going on on my Instagram handle and my don't bother go into X. I don't post anything on X. I just hold my name.
Speaker 2: So I sold out.
Speaker 1: It's the worst.
Speaker 3: Yeah, follows, But like Illo Henry Dittman on IG on X and at LA clip Cast and La Clipcast, he always tells you what he's up to, you know, you know, definitely watch Hank's Prank Show on Netflix.
Speaker 1: It's so good.
Speaker 3: Prank Encounter. It's a great show. And then watch my movies on Netflix. If you say them in order, it kind of sounds dirty when we first met the Babysitter, Rim of the World, The Babysitter Killer, Queen tall Girl too.
Speaker 1: So if you watch those five movies on Netflix.
Speaker 3: And then if you're a real Chris Wild fan and you got prime video, watch All's Fair in Love. But you got to skip a minute, fourteen and twenty seconds, okay, don't.
Speaker 1: You don't need the exposition of why he's at the ren Fair.
Speaker 3: Just go fourteen minutes in fun He's great, and and Margaret's great. Christina Ricci is the princess and I'm the Prince and just go fourteen minutes into All's fair in love is.
Speaker 1: One of the great Chris Wilder. Wait, but where we would most like for you to check up what we're doing is at la clip Cast. Now abscribe to our podcast and listen to us say great things about Adam oslin Am for you guys.
Speaker 2: And this is the song changing now that they're into it domes in.
Speaker 3: So that song is Oh, I didn't think of that's it's so tough because Adam. That song was given to us by the Clippers because Eddie Money recorded a song, gave it to the Clippers, and at the time we were the official unofficial Clippers podcast, so they gave us the song.
Speaker 2: That's the late great Eddie Money on that song.
Speaker 1: Dude, that's Eddie Money. It's like the real Eddie Money.
Speaker 2: Oh, you can't change it.
Speaker 1: I can't change it, you know what I mean? I know?
Speaker 3: And it just and then it just goes and proves, like how long we've been at this. That freaking Eddie Money who's dead is singing me about the Staples Center which is now called Crypto dot Com Arena, and the team.
Speaker 1: Doesn't even play there. I won't be calling it that.
Speaker 3: Now, what do you call it again? Dad lost all his money on the crypto game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Dad made some bad choices in an investment with his four oh one K funds. Dot Com Arena, No, I just call it Staples. It's Staples Arena.
Speaker 3: And I call it the Hockey ship Box because it's a hockey arena built for hockey. And if you want to see basketball in Los Angeles, go to the basketball arena built for basketball, the Intoit Dome on Prairie.
Speaker 1: And I don't know the crushery yet, but I will learn it. Oh we will. We'll know it.
Speaker 2: We'll learn it to him, Sam Bakman, Freid Arena or whatever. You guys are all over it. I love the show. I've been a long time listener. I have proof now. I found the old tweet from twenty thirteen. I'm gonna put it somewhere in here. It might be here right now when I go into post and edit this thing later on. But h I appreciate you guys doing this was a long time coming. Let's let's not take too long to unite on the show.
Speaker 1: And I'm somewhat confused. Yah, bro, we're proding at each other we're making we're doing big. We're pointing at the.
Speaker 2: Tweet, Adam, adam, dude, it's off the screen by now.
Speaker 1: My god, Bro, it meant it meant so much to me personally to get the invite to come beyond your show. Bro, ask again what the answer will always.
Speaker 3: Be, yes, yes, and and yes, and we'll find you in the dome with our portable microphone and get you on our show from the dome, from the dome so very good acoustics.
Speaker 2: And get me on my road trip mix game because it's stronger than you think.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you gotta.
Speaker 2: I heard the questions with clips and dip.
Speaker 1: Who do you want to go on a road I'll have you. I'll have you know.
Speaker 2: I just went on a road trip across the country.
Speaker 1: I thought I picked you. I thought I picked you. I thought I picked everybody. Everybody. Oh, I would have picked because I'm a nineties hip hop Yeah, bro, like like the same kind of hip hop that I listen to your show, and you're the one picking the music. Clearly I know that, and we know you're definitely the guy picked a great I do pick it, I know, we know. Thanks to you guys for doing this one so our pleasure man, Go clips.
Speaker 2: This has been another edition of clippers Talk for Chris Kwil for Burdbank Hank, I'm out of Oslin. We will talk to you next time.
Speaker 1: Go Clupp