Speaker 1: This is Dan Kaples and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Kaplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform.
Speaker 2: Blessed are the peacemakers. Glad you are here.
Speaker 1: Three oh three seven one three A two five five the number text d A N five seven seven three nine Jared Polus for once in his life actually building bridges.
Speaker 2: But this one is meant to be a monument to.
Speaker 1: Him, and I guess it would be kind of a fitting one, right because it's a total waste, But.
Speaker 2: We have some fun sound and that's what matters.
Speaker 1: Three oh three seven one three A two five five the number. We'll talk about that right out of the gate, and then I really want to dig back into this Epstein thing with you because the Democrats, obviously they are trying to make.
Speaker 2: A big deal out of it now.
Speaker 1: They don't have a good explanation for why they didn't make any of it public of four years they could have, but I think everybody knows the reason for that. Right begins with the initials BC and probably goes way beyond that. But in any case that you know that the Democrat's duplicity, dishonesty, etc. Doesn't change the fact that this is a bit of an issue for President Trump right now. And I suggested I think a very sensible solution to it, and it looks like that may be in the process of happening, and so we'll get into those details. But I really would like your take on what you think the president should do with the so called Epstein files, whether or not there is a quote unquote client list, what about the files themselves. So we'll be talking about that. We also have to stay on this story because it's it's so important to you, right and it's to me is kind of shocking. I didn't even know we had this fatal gap in Colorado law until this story started to percolate about two weeks ago. But this business where the Left is now put in this provision where if somebody's knots, if they're just insane, say you got some violent, insane guy, Say some guy who's out there trying to kidnap a kid from an elementary school in Aurora while.
Speaker 2: He's a convicted sex offender.
Speaker 1: So the left's putting this law that if you got somebody who's violent and they're insane, they're so insane that you can't even put them on trial. They're not competent to stand trial. Well, guess what, that's their get out of jail free card. And if they can bring in some strength to convince everybody that they're.
Speaker 2: Not restorable, they might just end up back on the street. I mean, it's.
Speaker 1: Psycho crazy, suicidal stuff for society. But now we're hearing about all these real life examples that I guarantee you, as you're driving home today or wherever you are right now, you're thinking to yourself, they're but for the grace of God, go on as the victim. And if that ever happened to me, my loved one gets killed and the killer just gets put right back out on the street because the lefts say, hey, we're going to reward you. If you're really nuts and you're violent, you know, you'd lose your mind. You'd lose your mind.
Speaker 2: I fear to.
Speaker 1: Think what someone would do in that situation is victims. So we have other examples. We want to get to you today as well, not to raise your blood pressure, but to try to enlighten all of us on this so we can take the action we need to change this and hopefully elect people who won't make laws like this. Three or three seven, one, three eight, two five five the number Ryan Jared Polis. And you know there's this tombstone. I don't know if you've ever read about it. I did not see it the one time I was at Saint Andrews playing golf, which is a great story in and of itself, because you know, I was young kid, riding planes, trains, all of that stuff to get up there, had no money in my pocket when I got to the first t week before the British Open started and just found some saint of a starter who let me out on the course. But there's a tombstone near Saint Andrews that says, of all the words of tongue and pen the Saddes Star, what might have been?
Speaker 2: And as we play the sound.
Speaker 1: Of Polish right now, I think about that because obviously as politics is different, right and are different, and we're going to have our disagreements on big issues. But he's a smart, talented guy who had parents who who built this really successful created company. He then did some good things himself in business, so he has all these resources. He could have stepped in and he could have been a really dynamic, important governor for Colorado, and he's just he's just been kind of a waste of space. I think everybody'd have to agree on that. What do you think Jared Polis's legacy is?
Speaker 2: Right? What do you think he's known for?
Speaker 1: And it's all because all those skills and talents and intelligence and everything else, there was never anything he was willing to fight and die for, right, Ryan, Isn't that where the great leaders come from? Whether I agree with their ideology or not. They have things they care deeply about that they're willing to fight and die for. And if the public doesn't agree with him, they're willing to die on that. He'll try to persuade the public.
Speaker 3: What's the first thing?
Speaker 2: That's where the great leaders come from.
Speaker 3: What's the first thing you think of a Jared Poulis?
Speaker 4: I'll tell you mine, wear a damn mask and selfish bastards during COVID. That's the first thing I think of a Jared Polis And that's what I will remember him for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember him for abandoning his post because that's just so bizarre, right, you've got mobs taking over downtown Denver and you literally disappear. But your stuff's a close second. But the other part of it I'm serious about. I know he and I always got along grade he came on the show a bunch. We'd have our disagreements, but all in good spirit. And then with Covid is when he changed, right because he knew if he came on air, I'd ask him the good questions he wouldn't have answers, And that's when that all changed. But such a talented guy, he could have been so much, But why wasn't he willing to do that? It may just be that at his core, he just doesn't have those causes that he cares that much about. But now it's the bridge, So let's launch into some of that sound. And this is if you haven't heard about this scoofiness, which is never going to happen. Obviously, it's just about twenty eight to thirty million dollar bridge that would really hurt the look of Civic Center Park and the Capitol Lawn, and it would be built over Broadway and you'd have some art up there, and lord knows all the things that'd be happening on and under that bridge, and rather than just clean up downtown by dealing with the problems his policies has created, he wants to now build this bridge over the top of them.
Speaker 2: And so that's the idea with it.
Speaker 1: Nobody likes it, it's never going to happen, and yet he's convinced that it's created this big conversation in society.
Speaker 2: Let's go with cut nine. Let's talk about the Vestering bridge. Let's do it. Has the project changed. So here's where we're launching today.
Speaker 5: We are trying to figure out whether people want to see a pedestrian bridge at the Capitol and so we are launching a survey today State White Survey COEO one fifty walkway dot com, so we describe the project takes less than five minutes, so walkway dot com, I encourage you to fill it out. It'll be up through Monday nights. So we're hoping to get thousands, tens of thousands of people to say whether they want to see this done or not, because we.
Speaker 3: Now's the time when we need to figure out.
Speaker 2: It's one hundred fifthday next year.
Speaker 5: What we're asking people should want to do the walkway do not want to do the walkway, we're describing it.
Speaker 2: I'm we're even gonna put up your.
Speaker 5: Video what people are saying so people can see how you don't like it and you know, make their decision. And then if they don't want it, what do they want to see the state doing. Should we do smaller projects in other parts of the state. Should we do nothing for one hundred and fifty birthday? So we just ask four or five questions, we get a quick sense of where people are. We want to make it as unobtrusive as easy as possible to have your voice count.
Speaker 2: Well, wait a second, don't you think he should have done that before?
Speaker 1: It just goes back to how they operate now they don't care what the people think. But it also goes back to my point about this is an intelligent guy. He has intelligence. He has a lot of intelligence because think about this. Okay, he launched this thing so it would be a monument to him, maybe named polis Bridge or something like that.
Speaker 2: Nobody wanted it. He knew that.
Speaker 1: So now that he's been called out on it and he has to back off it, now he's going to try to make it a w by claiming that he just turned it over to the will of the people. He's just a man of the people. Turned it over to the will of the people, and obviously didn't give a darn about the will of the people in the beginning, or he never would have suggested wasting twenty eight million dollars of their money on this. So yeah, So it's kind of a slick maneuver now to try to turn an L into a W and we all know where this is headed. But Ryan, before we play the rest of this sound, I know we got to pop a heart break. I'd like to know from folks, what do you want to see Colorado actually do to celebrate our one hundred and fiftieth birthday. I mean, that should be a big deal, something big should happen, but obviously not this boondoggle. So I wonder where that word comes from. I'll find out during the break. But what do you want to see happen? How should the one hundred and fiftieth be commemorated?
Speaker 2: Love snow? So if you've got some something snarky.
Speaker 1: For that text, it to daan five seven, seven, three nine, something serious.
Speaker 2: We're always open to that possibility.
Speaker 1: Three O three seven one three eight two five five The number but what should that actually look like? Would love your take on that, and then we'll come back. Some of the best parts of this sound still ahead, when when Polus talks about how this debate over the pedestrian bridge is just raging down at the corner bar whatever that is.
Speaker 2: You're on the Dan Gapla.
Speaker 3: Show and now back to the Dan Kaplass Show podcast.
Speaker 1: So your pole is trying to find a graceful way to lose now on this pedestrian bridge over Broadway that was supposed to be a monument to himself. But the sound is fun and it leads to I think a really big question for us, what do you want to do to commend Colorado's one hundred and fiftieth birthday? That is a really big deal. What should we be doing to commemorate that? But some more of this exchange between Kyle Clark and Governor Police cut ten Police.
Speaker 5: So online survey, I can't tell if you're looking for a justification, we'll looking for an escape route. Well, I'm hoping it's clear one way or the other, Kyle, right, Like, what I would hate to see is fifty point one to forty nine point nine. I'm really hoping sixty seventy percent of people want to see a walkway. Sixty seventy percent of people don't want to see a walkway, want to see something else. If it is a walkway, I need to get to work, as you know, I need to raise a lot of the money for that. It's about eight and a half a million public, about ten twelve million private, So I would need to raise that if we go that way. If we go other away and do smaller projects in other areas of the state, we can see if there's local matching funds we can raise for those.
Speaker 3: But now's really the time to figure that out.
Speaker 5: Our birthday is next year, and we want to make sure the Colorado is celebrate in a way where where we're proud.
Speaker 2: To do that.
Speaker 1: If your ownership of it, you know, if he really wants it, and I know you raised this, Ryan, but it's a great question. If he really wants it, why doesn't he gift it to the state?
Speaker 2: Right? Why doesn't he just gift it to the state?
Speaker 1: I mean for him, and we can do the math, but that kind of contribution to the state, and I'm sure he could find all sorts of legal ways to write it off pro public actually did an expos on him on that nothing illegal, but left him if I remember the story, right, I want to double check. Maybe paying the same tax rate as somebody working out heart out there right now as a waitress, but I will double check that.
Speaker 2: But pro public who is not happy with police on that.
Speaker 1: So he could donate it to the state, name it after himself whatever, if he really cared about it that much.
Speaker 2: But with his worse and hey, that's wonderful.
Speaker 1: I celebrate prosperity for everybody, as long as it's legally earned. And his husband, you know, with his net worth, what would that be if he was to say, contribute this thing to the state thirty million bucks or whatever, which would be probably less than he spent on any of his campaigns. You know, that'd be like couch cushion money for him. But it's so interesting with these lefties, right, I mean, like we saw these big sob stories about okay, because Trump went in court, Now planned paranoide can't use taxpayer dollars to kill more babies. Well, but you don't see planned paranoids stepping up and saying we'll pay for that ourselves, right, And how much money do they have and god, they don't do that, right, I mean, every baby saved is a tremendous thing. But yeah, the left never seems to put its own money where its mouth is unless you're seeing something different out there. Let's let's get in this instant classic cut twelve please, Ryan, cut twelve.
Speaker 6: Is this what you should have done months ago before you announced that you were going forward with a bridge?
Speaker 5: Well, we couldn't because there was no bridge for people to vote on, right, So I mean it has to be in sequence. People would have not known what we were talking about had we done this three months ago, because there was no visuals, there was no project. So thanks to that, which is all very recent. This is all what about a month or two. People have been out there, people have been talking about it.
Speaker 2: You know, it's great. You go down a corner bar.
Speaker 5: People saying they love it, people say they hated it's great. People have one ownership and passion about this.
Speaker 3: So what does that all mean?
Speaker 5: And how do we kind of decipher that into whether we do.
Speaker 2: This or not? Now right, I've got to ask you a question.
Speaker 1: You're okay, why would he lie about something like that?
Speaker 2: Really? I mean, first of all, it's never.
Speaker 1: Good to lie. People shouldn't lie. But why would he lie about something like that? Everybody knows it. He knows it when he said it, that everybody will know it's to lie. Is it a power play?
Speaker 2: Oh? Look, I'm big and powerful. I can lie.
Speaker 1: There's not one person in one corner bar by the way, what is a corner bar anywhere? Who is sitting there talking about this bridge to nowhere? No?
Speaker 3: Right, not happening.
Speaker 2: But yeah, why anyway? It's just.
Speaker 1: Fortunately that tenure is near an end. Not that the next one is going to be any better if it's a Democrat, but it is near an end. And someday we'll have that conversation if it is a Democrat, you know, holding that governor's office again next time around?
Speaker 2: Is it going to be better or worse?
Speaker 1: Police has just been like nondescript, Right, He's just been so nondescript, So not only low impact, but no impact except for the obvious negatives. And I'm trying to think of a single category. Can you think of a single category major stuff that affects quality of life in Colorado where it's anything other than worse, much worse since he took office.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's a great question, because.
Speaker 1: I can't truly and I'm trying to be really intellectually honest with this and generous. It's charitable one category because what are the biggiest, right, the biggies or what prices comper living?
Speaker 2: Traffic? You know that the environment, all of that is there. Housing.
Speaker 1: Is there one category where things are better? Is there one category where things are not dramatically worse than they were when he took office.
Speaker 2: About eight years ago? Yeah? Well, for another show, I guess. But one thing I do want to zero.
Speaker 1: Went on is what should we be doing to celebrate the States one hundred and fiftieth. I know we have some text on that. I'll get to those.
Speaker 2: Dan.
Speaker 1: Let's celebrate the one hundred and fiftieth by reversing legislation that put us in last place the last ten years.
Speaker 2: Dan, first eate one hundred and fiftieth.
Speaker 1: Perhaps bring the roads up to a standard different than they were one hundred and fifty years ago.
Speaker 2: That is beautiful.
Speaker 4: Yeah, compare the roads now to what they were in eighteen seventy six.
Speaker 1: Dan, maybe Powthole Polis could finally and actually spend some money on.
Speaker 2: Our horrible roads. Daddy is so true Ryan, I mean, it's it is, it's just so bad. And I've been on the road.
Speaker 1: I'm always having road a bunch, but I've been on the road a lot lately and the roads really are rough. And then you know the difference between Democrat controlled areas and Republican controlled areas. Well.
Speaker 2: On that note, Dan, I just have reversus the suburbs that too.
Speaker 4: But I saw a video somebody took and went viral on X of the highway I seventy coming from Kansas into Colorado, and it is stark. The visual on the camera starts shaking from the smooth freeway of Kansas to the patched up work in Colorado as soon as you cross the border.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is mind blowing, right because think about it, and Kansas, great people, great work ethic. I have a lot of tremendous relatives there who are kind enough often to listen to the show. I wish they'd call in June. But but then you get into Colorado and how many states, and I'd love to hear from people on this, how many states in this kind have been a blessed as Colorado. All of these amazing natural advantages, you know, the location, the rocky mountains, the climate, and as a result of all of that, the ability to attract all of this talent and everything else, you know, protected from the severe disasters you sometimes get on the coasts and things like that. What state has been more blessed and perfectly set up than Colorado? And then you look at how awful things are in so many different categories. You got to work really hard to take a place like this and have it be that awful in so many different categories. Right, how does that even happen?
Speaker 4: I just think Jared paul is that to me, in a quick summation, just doesn't really care that much. He's so detached from the way that every day regular Colorado's live their lives that it just doesn't affect him and it won't and therefore he doesn't care about it, not really.
Speaker 2: And that may be Ryan.
Speaker 1: But then you take a guy like Mike Johnston, right, and Johnson Sten he's well off, but he doesn't have Polus's money, But Johnston's appears to be completely detached and uncaring about what happens to your typical person here. Legally, I just think that's more a product of the left, and we can dive into that sum But yeah, what do you think Colorado should do to celebrate its one hundred and fiftieth We'll talk about that much more here on the Dan Capitol Show.
Speaker 3: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 1: A little fun as Polis's pet project, this bridge to nowhere, right, that would be over Broadway in downtown Denver and really mess up the look of the front of the Capitol and Civic Center Park. Is that whole thing falls apart Now he's trying to turn it into a w by putting it out there to a survey of the people. But that's that's just a starting point for Hey, what should we do to celebrate Colorado's one hundred and fiftieth birthday next year? That was ostensibly the reason for this this bridge. I think Polis had probably planned to have it named after him. Do you think anything will be named after Polis? And really, we need to do something big for this one hundred and fiftieth three or three seven one three eight two five five The number text d A N five seven seven three nine. Ryan, As I go to the text, any any great ideas for celebrating one hundred and fiftieth?
Speaker 4: Well, I think when you bring it together, what will be named after Polis? It would fit right in with the ethos of this show. Blucifer could be renamed for Jared Poulis out by the airport.
Speaker 1: Wow, that is really good, thank you. Or he could just do a tremendous favor to this state by leaning on Denver to have that monstrosity taken down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, do you think anything will be named after Poulis? It's it's very odd that we don't have anything named after Bill Owens, right since he was actually a very successful governor. And I'm not big on naming stuff after living politicians at all, but since they're doing it for Democrats, you would think a guy who actually succeeded should get something named But there's nothing I can think of after Owens.
Speaker 4: If you go online and complete the survey and notice that some of our listeners did and have texted about it.
Speaker 3: I did it, Kelly did it as well. Maybe Dan you can.
Speaker 4: There are options you can choose from a little bit of a menu, and that should we do this whole bridge to nowhere, walkway to wherever over the Denver or should we do maybe some other little projects throughout the state.
Speaker 3: And Governor Polus mentioned that in passing.
Speaker 4: I think that's a lot better idea because now you're localizing it a bit. You're celebrating all of Colorado, everything that the state has to offer, all of its rich history dating back to the wild West, and are founding in eighteen seventy six.
Speaker 3: And I'd be behind that idea a little bit more well.
Speaker 1: But it shouldn't be an either or right, I mean, and that's the whole thing. Man, life is short. We've ben all of this incredible stuff. We're like powerball winners here, and we're talking about some goofy as, some goofy little bridge over Broadway as a monument to our one hundred and fifty. That's the problem right now with the left. They're a fighting over scraps party. And I like your idea of the celebrations in individual towns which have had their own different one hundred and fifty year journey. But man, you know it should mean something to be a Colorado. More is expected of those two whom more is given. So let's do something monumental for the one hundred and fiftieth. And we've got a governor who's so weak his idea of monumental as a little, you know, pedestrian bridge. And then when the people aren't buying it, rather than go out and try to persuade them, Oh, we're going to put it out to a vote to the people. No.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's time we start thinking big again, right.
Speaker 1: I mean, if it wasn't for the pioneers who came here, you know, and if those pioneers have said, okay, well, let's just set something up out in the field near Nebraska. Never go too near the mountains because we might get altitude sickness, right, I mean, what's happened to the spirit of this state? That's a really important question. What has happened to the spirit of this state?
Speaker 2: Now? The mere fact we.
Speaker 1: Have all these crazy socialist lefties running the place tells you something really bad has happened to the spirit of this state. Can we ever get it back? I'd love your take on that. Three three seven, one, three eight, two five five.
Speaker 4: I kind of dropped a ball on this one, Dan, but you wanted to come back with cut twenty. I think it's apropos here because Laura Ingram talked about Colorado last night, and of course a very ignominious reason with the rogues going on in Aurar with Solomon Gallaghan.
Speaker 3: But she mentioned several factors here.
Speaker 2: But you didn't think it was worthy enough to bump backwards.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: But now, well now I've convinced you, well, okay.
Speaker 4: But this is a this is a key topic that she brings up that's right in your wheelhouse.
Speaker 1: And I want to know what has happened to the spirit of this state. Are we ever going to be able to get it back? Got twenty please?
Speaker 6: There are a lot of issues going on in Colorado, and immigration has changed this state, Dante. I've spent so much time over the years, one of my favorite states in the United States.
Speaker 2: It is a beautiful state. But it's changed. Everything changes.
Speaker 6: I get that, But legalization of marijuana has led to real problems psychotic behavior, violent psychotic disorder, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia. All chances of contracting or developing those symptoms are encouraged by young use and persistent use of marijuana. That's been scientifically shown multiple studies. So you got that going on, But then you have you know, I think that they don't have room for how psychotics. Sadly, some of these individuals, many of them, we started on soft drugs and then.
Speaker 2: Cook their brains.
Speaker 6: There's no place to put them.
Speaker 2: No, that's right, and you want to sit down.
Speaker 1: You want to come up with a plan to ruin a state that it'd be very hard to ruin, right, and a state like Colorado with all the gifts we have. Well, you're going to start. You're going to start with a couple of things. Right, You're going to start with legalizing drugs. You're going to start with legalizing drugs because you know, there's a reason that no other state in the world legalized drugs the way we did before we did it, right, there's a reason for that, because it's idiotic, it's suicidal. So you start by doing that. So right off the bat, you go from a state of health to a state of drugs. Our identity and our reality. Right, So you start with that, and then what do you do next? What you do next is you encourage massy legal immigration. And because you know that a certain number of the people who come here vast majority are going to be otherwise law abiding folks, not not you know, just seeking a better life, but still probably overrunning your infrastructure. And then you're going to get a certain number of hardened criminals. But that's that's the next thing you would do if you're on the left and you're trying to ruin this state, you know, for your own ideological reasons, which we can talk more about, is you'd have this combination of legalizing drugs. You would encourage massy legal immigration with no vetting, so you know, you're encouraging a certain percentage of people with criminal backgrounds to come here. You would do that. What are some of the other things you do, Well, you'd legalize crime, right, which is which is essentially what the left has been doing. You know, they call it lessening penalties and creating restorative justice garbage.
Speaker 2: They've been legalizing crime.
Speaker 1: Remember our show took the lead in fighting back against a bill that literally was designed to legalize crime, major crime across Colorado for anybody in a public school. And this show was able to lead the charge in getting that killed. So those are the things you do, right Ryan, if you wanted to try to ruin a state. So why would the left want to try to ruin a state for the same reason it wants.
Speaker 2: To ruin America?
Speaker 1: Because then the state gets control big state, little citizens. You got all of a sudden, you separate people from traditional values, you undercut, you undercut states the way I just describe, many more people then dependent on government, which means many more people are going to vote habitually for the left. You're going to move very steadily toward a socialistic society because people have to have that kind of support.
Speaker 2: That's their grand design.
Speaker 1: They just got the toe hold in Colorado and we're actually able to implement this garbage.
Speaker 2: Is there any flaw in that line?
Speaker 4: Now, that's the roadmap to disaster, And like you said, yeah, the blueprint right, and the impetus for them to get the control that you talk about, and a dependent citizenry that wants to turn to government for all the answers and government is a force for good and basically just build a dependent class, which is something Russian bah talked about.
Speaker 1: And they got to know that that most Americans would never want that, but they might have to. Right, you know, if the left successful enough in undermining society and undermining our economy, undermining capitalism to the point where okay, you want to feed your family, well, then we're going to have to have a European socialist kind of government. I mean, that's their grand design. Nobody, nobody could be stupid enough to be doing all this stuff unless that was their plan. And obviously it's a horrific plan, but it's clearly their plan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why else would you do all this? Three or three?
Speaker 1: Someone three, A, two, five, five the number. And while we're talking about all this, you tell me. I'm going to offer you my answer. How does a state like Colorado power ball winners, all of these blessings we have, how come we don't have more employers and we have some, right, thank God for them, how come we don't have more four hundred companies? When we come back, I'm going to tell you about a state smaller than we are that has twice the fortune five hundred companies and there's no re than you should right, it's not going to be one of those states where you say, yeah, yeah, that'd be a great place to live.
Speaker 2: You're on the Dan Capla Show.
Speaker 3: And now back to the Dan Kaplass Show podcast.
Speaker 6: I mean, we have a lack of lack of facts that in Yeah, there's there's a lot of there's a lot of factors. But we're going back to British common law. And we saw this with the Reagan assassination of town. Remember, but in that famous case, you can't convict somebody of a crime if he was if he's determined to be unable to conform his behavior to kind of a reasonable set of circumstances. In this case, I mean, that's what they've determined. So I'm not sure there's anything you can.
Speaker 2: Do about that now.
Speaker 6: So that's that's a that's a constitutional.
Speaker 1: Issua were Ingram's larger conversation about how awful it's become in Colorado. And and this is elemental, right, and and you legalize drugs, you are immediately going to make magnify your mental health crisis by a factor of ten minimum, especially when it comes to kids. We have been and this as a matter of fact, go google it up. This isn't political. We've been in an ongoing mental health crisis for the children of Colorado since legalization of marijuana.
Speaker 2: That's no surprise, right.
Speaker 1: You overlay old fashioned two to four percent THHC on top of depression and certain other mental illnesses, it's going to make it a lot worse for most people. You throw in this Krakawana that these so called legal drug dealers are peddling throughout Colorado more marijuana stores than Starbucks and McDonald's combined.
Speaker 2: And what are you going to get.
Speaker 1: You're going to get this severe mental health crisis for the children in the state and others. And that's what we have here and it makes everything worse. So somebody explained to me, would you how this is possibly worth it?
Speaker 2: I'm not talking about legalization of marijuana is some kind of moral issue with this or that.
Speaker 1: I'm just talking about a society that cares about its children and wants to preserve itself. How are whatever the benefits are of legalized marijuana worth the harm? Can somebody make that case for me? Because I don't think it exists. Let's go to the phone lines. Talk to Stella in Windsor. You're on the Dan Kapla show.
Speaker 7: Welcome, Hi Dan. I just had a comment on the Polish Bridge.
Speaker 6: Yes, I hate it.
Speaker 7: What it's the ugliest thing I've ever seen that it does not represent Colorado at all or one hundred and fiftieth anniversary. It's what should I say, Polish memorial?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well, but Stella, that's so interesting, isn't it to say it doesn't represent Colorado because arguably, in a lot of ways, it represents what the left is done to Colorado. And maybe that's what he likes about it, because God gave us one of the most beautiful places in the world, and look at all the many concrete ways the left has trashed that This bridge would be one more. And then the bridge is a bridge that's being built over the devastation that the left has brought to Colorado. Have you been down to I was there a couple of days ago. Have you been down to that area right in front of the Capitol.
Speaker 7: I have avoided downtown Denver for years. Okay, well, I guess will continue.
Speaker 2: I get that.
Speaker 1: But obviously legalization of drugs, legalization of crime, etc.
Speaker 2: They've trashed that whole area.
Speaker 1: So now his legacy project is to take thirty million bucks and build a bridge over the wreckage he's created. So maybe in some ways that is fitting. But what would you do for the one hundred and fifty Estella, I.
Speaker 7: Would do some smaller memorials, he asked, around the state or whatever. I'm thinking represent our heritage, not partisanship. But you know, the homesteaders, the Indians, the ranchers, mining, wildlife, dis so many things to represent Colorado, not personal. I don't know what memorial issue, well, I hope not.
Speaker 1: A memorial, but stella, thank you, thank you for your call. Always great to get a call from Windsor Hey. I mentioned before the break And this is just another symptom, right of the sickness that the left has brought to Colorado with their popicis. But how in the world does a place like this only have by by latest account, I think it's ten Fortune five hundred companies And that number can bounce around upper down, one or two here and there anywhere. But Colorado has been stuck in this morass under leftist rule for a long time.
Speaker 2: How does the state like this only have ten?
Speaker 1: Take Minnesota, and we're bigger population wise by a couple hundred thousand than Minnesota, and knock on our friends up there, a lot of fine people, But how does a state like Minnesota have about double what we have in fortune five hundred companies?
Speaker 2: Can somebody explain that? Ran? Can you explain that? Again?
Speaker 1: A lot of good people in Minnesota, But but you could actually ride one of those mosquitos to work, I mean, if you want to compare. Yeah, if you want to compare where would people rather live? Yeah, I want to explain that.
Speaker 4: I was just back in Michigan for the fourth of July and the weather they're in the Upper Midwest, similar in Minnesota, is very humid and very full of bugs, deer flies, they really bomb your head, some black flies. And further north you go Mosquitos to your point, and that's a big trade off. And that's the thing I've noticed here in Colorado that I'm very thankful for having relocated is there's no bugs.
Speaker 3: None, not really.
Speaker 1: Oh, there are so many blessings here, you know, But so how do we have half the number of fourteen five hundred companies? I guess, Hey, we probably lead American bud right, Yeah, yeah, that's something to brag about. Texters on one hundred and fiftieth and there's gold in them our.
Speaker 2: Hills, that's true.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure where that leads Dan one fifty Pike's peak or bust. I think Polish should fix the roads and he should challenge every city in Colorado to create something in honor of the state.
Speaker 2: Hey, why didn't this start a few years ago? Right?
Speaker 1: I mean, your governor of the state. You're coming up on the one hundred and fiftieth. Why not have a vision and build something really grand and impressive, or just say, you know what we're going to do.
Speaker 2: We're going to stake out this project.
Speaker 1: We're going to dramatically improve our roads by the one to fifty, but something big and grand, which goes back to my question, has this state? Has the state of Colorado lost its spirit? And you know, the Left obviously has been trying to crush the traditional spirit of the state of Colorado, as it's trying to crush traditional families, traditional family values, separate people from their faith. But has the state law spirit? Has it lost it for good? And has the Left been able to accomplish that here? If it's gone, what does it take to get it back? Hey, we're gonna have some really interesting sound also in this five o'clock hour a reunion a Barack and.
Speaker 2: Michelle Obama and it's I'm not making this up.
Speaker 1: There is audio of it, and I'm sure it will bring a smile to your face.
Speaker 2: It's gone viral.
Speaker 1: Mouth this video of a child some say is seeing Jesus after a serious injury. We'll place some of that, get your reaction to that, and do you believe that a lot of that happens you're on the DN