Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, Welcome to Wednesday Service, episode sixteen, brought to you by Cult Conspiracy Podcast.
Speaker 2: I'm your host, Josh Monday.
Speaker 1: If you don't know me, I'm a Christian rapper, devoted husband, father, and Army veteran. And I got some shout outs to do here for everyone that commented on Sunday Service. To show my appreciation. I just want to shout you guys out. Let you know I appreciate you. Keep the comments coming, please yes on Wednesday Service.
Speaker 2: Last week we didn't have as many.
Speaker 1: You know. I know you guys probably get busy, but if you guys could just you know, keep the comments coming. And I kind of want to answer n Arnold zero nine zero seven.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you too.
Speaker 1: Man. You're inspiring to me. Too broad for you to be listening to my show. You know that that's inspiring. And you haven't made it to church in a few months. Well at least you're here for this Bible study brother, you know.
Speaker 2: And just want to let you know.
Speaker 1: Man, that that I don't feel love for the speak. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well here's the thing, bro.
Speaker 1: First of all, I'm gonna be praying for you, okay, And also sometimes you know, sometimes you might feel lost, you know, so I don't know if there's something in your life that is causing you to feel like that. You know, sometimes if you're sinning or you have something that's that's kind of a you know, when you sin, it keeps you away from the Lord, you know, so sometimes that might be happening. I'm not really sure what's going on with you, but if you could, I would like to ask you if you could DM me and Arnold zero nine zero seven dm me at Josh Monday Underscore podcasts.
Speaker 2: Okay, I see your comment.
Speaker 1: I could tell that maybe you need to talk to somebody. If you could DM me on Instagram at Josh Monday Underscore podcast or email me at Josh Monday at Rockameil dot com. Okay, one of the two, and then I'll reach out to you and try to talk to you. All right, and I can maybe I could, I could guide you into a better direction. Angela Kelly, thank you so much. Yeah, happy Easter. Yeah, I appreciate you. Thank you so much for the comment.
Speaker 2: I really do appreciate you, Angela. Every time you're always there, You're always.
Speaker 1: Commenting, and I really appreciate it. Alex and Alex k n Z bring in as usual. Thanks for the reading. I appreciate the passion. Thank you, Alex. I appreciate you commenting again. Like I said, and if you ever need to talk, you know I'm open.
Speaker 2: Man. Just hit me up on Instagram. Angela.
Speaker 1: I know sometimes you say hi on there, so I appreciate you flicking boogers.
Speaker 2: What's going on? Brother?
Speaker 1: You also hit me up on there too. Happy Easter to everybody. Yes, God bless you, bro. He has risen. You know. That's what I would say instead of saying Happy Easter, I would say he has risen Jordan Holiday. I appreciate the information, but you need to get these episodes in order so you can reference stuff faster. Yeah, I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do.
Speaker 1: I need to probably have an iPad with my notes and my phone, but unfortunately all I have is my phone to kind of work off of. So I do understand what you're saying. And yeah, I probably go through a lot of notes. I just want to make sure that I'm accurate with the information that I'm providing. And if I had two phones, I have a work phone I could probably use for that.
Speaker 2: So that's a good suggestion.
Speaker 1: Jordan, thank you and I appreciate you listening, and thank you for the comment, and also thank you for trying to push me forward into the right direction.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you. So we're gonna be.
Speaker 1: On Luke fourteen and anybody that commented on Patreon, shout out to you guys.
Speaker 2: I really love you. I appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Like I said, I don't have Patreon, so I could get on there, but I don't. I only get on there to be able to upload a show. I don't get to look at notifications and stuff, so it's kind of I don't get to see you guys as much. But everyone that's commenting on Patreon, I love you. I appreciate you. Yeah, but please keep the comments coming on Spotify. That way I can, like I said, it's like my report card. And also I can kind of see where you guys are at gage where you're at, just like you know, just like Jordan trying to tell me what I should do, it helps me and assist me to make the show better. So I really appreciate that. So let's go ahead and jump over here to all right, let's share the screen For those that could see the screen on a Patreon.
Speaker 2: So here we go.
Speaker 1: We're gonna be on Luke fourteen, verse one. A man with drops he healed on this sabbath. So, first of all, dropsy is actually the same thing today called edema. In medical terms, edema refers to swelling caused by an abdominal build up and fluid to the body's tissue. The fluid can accumulate in various areas, including the legs, the ankles, the feet, the face, the hands, and abdominant Aedema can be a symptom of various underlying conditions that may require medical treatment. And it's also it's painful, Okay, So it's it's painful, right, and it's caused and it's swelling. So that's what this person was dealing with. And and you know, Jesus is back again as we're going to read healing on the Sabbath. So it already happened before. And sometimes I feel like these Pharisees are kind of setting him up or lining him up to see how he'll react.
Speaker 2: And we see how Jesus does this. Let's see Luke fourteen, verse one.
Speaker 1: Now it happened as he went into the house of one of the rulers of the Pharisees to eat bread on the Sabbath, and they watched him closely, and behold, there was a certain man before him who had dropsy, and Jesus answering, spoke to the lawyers and pharisees, saying, is it lawful to heal on the Sabbath? Like I told you guys before, the lawyers are the ones that studied the law, right, the law of God, not like the law of government. And they studied the law, and they felt like they knew everything they need to know about the law. And not only do they know about the law, but they know about tradition, right, And that's what they're doing. They're making tradition with the with God's law. And he's also talking to the Pharisees, which you know, you already know kind of how they believe.
Speaker 2: And uh, this is what he he said.
Speaker 1: But they kept silent as he as he took him and healed him and let him go.
Speaker 2: Then he answered them saying, which.
Speaker 1: Of you, having a donkey or an ox or an ox that has fallen into a pit, will not immediately pull him out on the Sabbath day? And they could not answer him regarding these things. You See, he's the Jews put tradition over God's original plan for the Sabbath. See, Jesus is simply putting compassion over tradition, and he is asking if it's okay, you know, to do good on the Sabbath, you know, basically like he's kind of telling him, like, if your child fell in the river on the Sabbath, are you gonna are you gonna save your child or are you gonna say I'm sorry child, it's the Sabbath. I can't get you, you know, kind of the same scenario. He says, donkey an ox has fallen into a pit. Well, not, I merely put them out of this on the Sabbath day.
Speaker 2: You see.
Speaker 1: He's basically showing them that it's compassion over tradition, and they weren't really able to answer him. And when it came to healing that man, he took him. He healed them, and he.
Speaker 2: Let him go.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, he just immediately healed them and sent them away. And then now the next one is going to be the parable of the lowly take to the lowly place. So we told this is Luke fourteen, verse seven. So we told a parable to those who were invited. Then he noted that they chose the best places, saying to them, when you are invited by anyone to a wedding feast, do not sit down in the best place. Less one more honorable than you be invited by him, and he who invited you, and him come and say to you, give place to this man. Then you begin to shame to take the lowest place. But when you are invited, go and sit in the lowest place, so that when he who invited you comes, he may say to you, friend, go up higher.
Speaker 2: Then you will.
Speaker 1: Then you will have glory in the presence of those who sit at the table with you, For whoever exalt himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.
Speaker 2: Okay, so.
Speaker 1: Where you sit was a symbol of importance to them back then. And then whoever sits closest to the Let's say there's a wedding and there's a bride and groom. Whoever sits closest to the bride and groom, if it's their wedding, it's a symbol of importance. So Jesus is saying, don't go sit next to the bride and groom, Go sit at the lowest places, and then the bride and groom will come say hey, come sit with me. Then you know you're humbling yourself. And then it says, whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and he who hums himself will be exalted.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So in Proverbs twenty five, verse six through seven, it says, do not put yourself forward in the king's present, or stand in the place of the great, for it is better to be told come up here than to be then to be put lower in the presence of a noble So humble yourself right. And then Proverbs twenty seven too it says, let another praise you, and not your own mouth, a stranger, and not your own lips.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So in the parable of the lowly place which we just read, the situation or the lowly place found in Luke seventeen fourteen seventeen through eleven teaches the humility is valued more than self promotion, and God will exalt those who humble themselves. It encourages individuals to choose the lowest seat at a banquet, not to seat the highest, as an honor comes from God, not self exclamation, and the situation in Jesus deserves people at a wedding feast choosing the best seats, showing the desire for honor and recognition. The lesson is, he tells, is a parable to illustrate the importance of humility, and then Jesus instructs guests to take the lowest seat, not to take the best, which I kind of went over. And then the host, who can be seen as a representing God or a person of authority, will then move the humble guests to a more honorable seat, publicizing their humility.
Speaker 2: The act reverses the worldly.
Speaker 1: Order, where those who humble themselves are exalted by God and those who seek honor are brought low. And then the parable emphasizes the true honor and recognition from God, not from self promotion or seeking worldly status. So a good example of this would be in Philippians two, verses three through eight. It says, do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility, count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours. In Christ Jesus, who though he was in the form of God, did not count equality from God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself by taking the form of a servant, being born than the likeness of men, and being found in a human forum. He humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. Okay, so we have to humble ourselves, right. We don't want to be the one trying to get the glory. We want to be humble the point of this, so we'll go in and continue. This is going to be Luke fourteen, verse twelve. Then he also said to him who invited him, when you get a dinner or a supper, do not ask your friends, your brothers, your relatives, your rich neighbors. Less you invite less they also invite you back, and you be repaid. But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed because they cannot repay you, or you shall be repaid at the resurrection of the just.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, that's that's very interesting.
Speaker 1: That's that's another lesson in being humble, and he's he's talking about the people that you should be taking care of. You should be taking care of the poor. You should be taking care of the named, You should be taking care of the lame, you should be taking care of.
Speaker 2: The blind, and you will be blessed.
Speaker 1: But instead of the way we are in the world where we'll invite rich neighbors, your friends, your brothers, your relatives, and yeah, so definitely the people that you should be taking care of are the poor, the name, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed. Sneak over to here real quick. So we have Luke fourteen seven through eleven, which we kind of went through. Jesus teaches about humility, advising guests to take the lowest place, which you talked about, for everyone who exalts and will be humbled, and the one who humbles himself will be exalted. The parable emphasize the value of humility.
Speaker 2: In God's kingdom.
Speaker 1: Okay, the parable of the Great Okay, so the parable of the Great Supper. This is Luke fourteen, verse fifteen. Now, when one of those who sat at the table with him heard these things, he said to him, blessed is he who shall eat bread in the Kingdom of God. Then he said to him, a certain man gave a great supper, and invited many, and sent his servant to supper to supper time to say that those who are invited come for all the things come. For all things are you are now ready. But they all, with one accord, began to make excuses. The first said to him, I have brought a piece of ground, and I must go and see it. I ask you to be to have me excused. Another set, I have brought five yoke of oxen, and I'm going to test them. I ask you if you have if I ask you to have me excused. Still another said I have a married wife, and therefore I cannot come. So the servant came and reported these things to his master. Then the master of the house, being angry, said to a servant, go out quickly into the streets and lanes of the city, bringing here the poor, the name, the lame, and the blind. And the servant said, Master, it is done as you commanded, and still there is no there is room. Then the master said to the servant, go into the highway hedges and compel them to come in that my house may be filled. So I say to you that none of these men who are invited shall shall taste my Supper. So Jesus tells another parable about a man who prepares a great banquet invites many guests. When the invited guests make excuses not to attend, the host invites the poor, the cripple, the blind, and lame, emphasizing the excl exclusive inclusivity of God's kingdom and the rejection of those.
Speaker 2: Who refuse his invitation.
Speaker 1: So this illustrates God's open invitation to all, regardless of status, and warns against the danger of rejecting his call. So there's plenty obviously right now that are rejecting his call, you know. And they could be rich, they could be you know, they could be famous, they could be important in the world. But that doesn't matter in the kingdom of heaven, because it says the greatest will be first, are the greatest will be last, and the last will be the greatest. You know, like those that are great on earth are going to be leased in heaven. Those that are great in heaven would would be people that were leased on earth. And that's kind of the point here leaving leaving all to follow Christ. So it says, now great multitudes went with him, and he turned and said to them, if anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, excuse me, wife and children, brothers and sisters. Yes, and his own life. Also, he cannot be my disciple.
Speaker 2: Okay. So people look at that and go, what is he talking about?
Speaker 1: You know, he's definitely telling you stuff. Now, that's one thing about Jesus is he'll tell you stuff that you don't want to hear. You know, most people that are trying to have people follow them, they're going to tell you stuff that they want you to hear. If you notice, you know Jesus is real because he's telling you stuff that you don't want to hear. And that word hate in English is very aggressive, right, So when you see that word, you're like hate, you want me to hate them. But you got to understand that Jesus is speaking in a hyperbole, right, like a radical language to get your attention. And also if you look in the Greek that word hate, it means detest, right. So the love that you that you're gonna have for Jesus, he wants it to be so great. It's almost like you detest your own father, mother, wife, children, brother, sister, and your own life. Okay, So he wants you to love him so much that it seems like, you know, the love is so great that it's almost like you detest all those people.
Speaker 2: In your life, you know.
Speaker 1: Like I said, another word for in the in the Greek for hate is detest, which is like it's a little less aggressive in the English language. Okay. And when I was studying this, they said, nine out of ten times, you know, a family member will be the one that gets in the way of your devotion to Christ.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So an example is, you know, a lot of the time, the wife wants to go to church, and you see the wife coming to church or the wife doing Bible studies, but the husband stays home. You know, he might be watching football with friends, drinking beer, doing whatever you know, men think they deserve to do, and the wife is out trying to fellowship and trying to get close to God. Sometimes it's opposite where the wife doesn't want to go to church and the husband's trying to go bring the kids, and that's kind of the thing, you know, And what happened is the husband, you know, he motivated to go to church or motivated to read the Bible, and then the wife will start dragging him back, you know, and God wants you to love him more than that. And if someone tries to drag you back to understand something. This is what I want you guys to understand as well, that your salvation doesn't depend on you and your wife. You know, when you go to stand before the Lord, it's not going to be you and your wife and your kids. And you know what I mean that your salvation is going to be you and the Lord. It's going to be between you and the Lord. Now, we are taught as men to be the spiritual leader of our house, of course, and try to teach our wives and try to teach our children the Bible, of course, but your salvation is not going to be you know, you and your wife standing in front of it. It's going to be you and God. Okay, we only have you know, we only have one life to try to get this right. So don't let anybody anything get in the way of you.
Speaker 2: Your devotion with Christ, your devotion with God, your devotion with the Holy Spirit.
Speaker 1: You can't, you can't. You can't let it happen. And I understand that there's besides family, there's also things that get in the way of your devotion and of you reading the Bible, of you studying the God's word, there's things that get in the way. There's things that are like idols that maybe be in your life that might prevent you from from getting closer to God. And what I would say to that is definitely pray. You know, pray that because you know, some people will call Jesus lord, you know, my lord and savior Jesus Christ. Right, that means that you're master, like is he really the master of your life? You know, because you know, does God come first in your life? And he's also asking us to love him more than we love ourself, so we have to pick up our cross and follow him.
Speaker 2: Right, So there's a lot of things.
Speaker 1: That that kind of get in the way of us doing that. And this pastor said an interesting thing what he said is salvation is free, but discipleship if it is expensive. You know, being a disciple, because you are, you're kind of you're dropping all these things that are that that usually took pleasure in, these worldly things that you used to take pleasure in. Now you're you're slowly dropping them off, and you know you're getting them out of your life. And you're also your life is changing obviously changing for the better. You might not realize it at first because you're trying to get rid of these worldly things, but it's obviously going to be changing for the better. Right, But Paul says in a second Corinthians twelve seven through ten, he says, and lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations. A thorn in the flesh has given to me a messenger of Satan to buff amy. Lest I be exalted above measure. Concernaly this thing, I plead with the Lord three times, and it might depart from me. And he said to me, my grace is sufficient to you, for my strength has made perfect in weakness. Therefore, most gladly, I would rather boast in my infirmities that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure and infirbenes and reapproaches and needs and persecution and distress for Christ's sake. From when I am weak, then I am strong, Okay. And one thing I would have to say is you have to pray to God to let Jesus take the whill right like if it sounds like too much or it seems like too much to pray for the Holy Spirit to guide you, and let God.
Speaker 2: Take the will and let him help you. Let's continue.
Speaker 1: So this is Luke fourteen twenty seven. And whoever does not bear his cross and come after me cannot be my disciple. For which of you intended to build the tower does not sit down first to count the costs, whether he has enough to finish it. Less, after he has laid the foundation and is not able to finish, all who see it begin, all who see it begin to mock him, saying this man began to build and was not able to finish. Or what king going to make a war against another king does not sit down first and consider whether he is able to with the ten thousand to meet him who come against him with twenty thousand, or else, while the other is still a great way off, he sends a delegation and ask conditions of peace. So likewise, whoever does not forsake all that, he cannot be my disciple. Bobert does not forsake all, cannot be my disciple. So Jesus was dealing with a lot of people that would probably sit You know, I'm just speculating, I know, because when he was dealing with that one gentleman where he was saying, you know, sell all your things and follow me. He couldn't do it, but he said, Jesus, I want to follow you. And then he said, okay, sell your sell all your goods to the poor and follow me, you know, like, drop everything and follow me. Oh no, I got to go back to my parents and bury my parents. You see, like you kind of see that that people don't really want to. They say they want to be a disciple, but they're really not ready to drop everything for him, you know. And you could tell by what Jesus is saying here. And he's saying that if you're going to commit, you better have a plan, you understand. So that's why it's in that there about the tower. And if you don't finish it, they will mock him saying this man began to build and was not able to finish. So if you're going to become a disciple and you're going to commit to that, make sure you're able to finish. Finish strong, right, And that's why it says for Christ's sake, from when I am weak, then I am strong. See Christ will make you strong.
Speaker 2: He'll help you. Uh, He'll help you finish.
Speaker 1: And these people that were following Christ at this time, following Jesus at this time, they thought he was going to reign as a king on the earth. So they were like, let's go. I want to be at the right hand of you. You know, I want to be you know, I want to be.
Speaker 2: With you with your glory.
Speaker 1: They thought he was going to be king of the earth, but they weren't understanding that he's going to be king and kings in the heavenly realm.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Some of them were not understanding that tasteless salt is worthless. Salt is good. But if the salt has losses flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is neither fit for the land nor for the dunghill. But men throw it out.
Speaker 2: He who has ears to hear, let him hear.
Speaker 1: So Jesus concludes that they metaphor about salt losing his flavor symbolize the importance of maintaining our distinctiveness as his followers. And then we talked about this already, but the cost of his discipleship. This hyperbolic language underscores the need for total.
Speaker 2: Commitment to Christ.
Speaker 1: Okay, and we have a couple of practical applications here for this chapter. So prioritize compassion. Evaluate areas in your life where legalism may overshadow compassion.
Speaker 2: Seek to show love and mercy.
Speaker 1: Following Jesus' example. So some of us might have a little bit religion stuck in our life. There might be things that we that we might be following that might be men's traditions and not actually God's word. Well, you know, what you should probably do is anything you feel is you know you're you're doing, uh, you know, because you know we always have done it that way or whatever. You need to find out if it's actually biblical, because there could be something that you might be doing or following that might be a tradition that's made by a man that might not you might not even find in the Bible. Believe me, There's been plenty of times that I have, you know, studying through the Word where I thought something was going to be in the Bible and you cannot find it anywhere. And it's something that I like been you know, something that that someone has told me, you know, from the beginning, you know, and uh, like ever since, like my dad, like he always told me like that, he always told me that that Satan and the angels fell. A third of the angels fell with Satan in the very beginning of you know, before time even started, you know, before Genesis even started. And then when you read, you don't see it through the Bible. You don't see it anywhere in Genesis, that's for sure. Now you do see Satan in the garden or Loocifer in the garden, right, see Satan in the garden of Eden, but there's nothing about him falling with a third of the angels until you get to Revelation twelve, verse four. And it seems like it's that that didn't happen until Jesus was actually born. Okay, So it's really interesting that that some people would say something and then you know, it gets passed down, pass down pastor say it, and then all of a sudden it gets ingrained in me because I you know, I heard my dad say it, and then when I go to read the Bible, I'm like, I don't I don't see that anywhere besides in Revelation twelve, verse four. And for someone to take that verse and then put it all the way to the beginning, you know, I wouldn't do that. After reading it in context. So I'm just letting you know that that happens. So we need to take, you know, take what you've learned. And this is why it's important for you to study the Word of God yourself. Don't let man lead you and guide you. Don't let pastors are good to listen to. And it's good to listen to this Bible study that I do with you, of course, but what I'm telling you is you've got to study the Word for yourself as well.
Speaker 2: Study what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And since we're actually reading the word verse by verse, it helps because you're able to hear it and come by faith, come with by hearing and hearing by the word of God. Okay, so practice humility and social settings. Choose to serve others and take the lower place, trusting that God will honor you your humility. Yeah, so when you're out in public, you know, we're not meant for us to get praised. We're not meant for us to get the glory. God's meant to get the glory. So God doesn't want you to just you know, we can't think the same as we used to do, like when we were worldly. Respond of God's invitation, reflect on any excuses you might be making that prevent you from fully accepting God's call. Commit to being part of His kingdom, his kingdom work.
Speaker 2: So this is definitely fascinating.
Speaker 1: And depending on what your spiritual gifts are. I mean, not all of us can can can you know, do Bible studies, and all of us can teach, Not all of us can preach, not all of us can do.
Speaker 2: Have certain gifts.
Speaker 1: Some people have the gift of prayer. I've heard some people pray. It's like, Wow, that's amazing. I could tell that you know, you have that gift. You know, there's different gifts. There's about twenty one gifts that I found when I was going through the Bible, and people are blessed with different gifts, you know. So commit to being part of His kingdom. That is that's the main thing. Just commit to being part of His kingdom somehow. You know, count the costs, Consider what sacrifices you may need to make to follow Jesus wholeheartedly. Are the relationships or possessions that complete your devotion, that compete with your devotion to him? Obviously there's so much out there right now, especially with the way the world is right now, how everything is set up with technology at your fingertips, TV, cable, TV shows, Netflix, YouTube. There's so much entertainment out there that it's easy to gather your attention and keep you away from studying the Word of God. Like I always say, like you want to build your spirit up and have your flesh be weak, because if your flesh is over your spirit and your spirit is weak, whenever you want to go read the Bible, your flesh is gonna say no, no, I want to watch American idol or I want to do this. It's kind of the same thing with when you want to work out, you know, like in the morning when I wake up, you know, I wake up at four point fifty and then I get up about five to go work out in the morning before work. And what I'm telling you guys is, of course I want to sleep in till five point fifty or six o'clock before work.
Speaker 2: I would much rather do that.
Speaker 1: But my flesh is a lot weaker now, and my spirit is saying get up, because that's when I get going, and that's when I start working out. But I start listening to a sermon or I start listening to you know, a study on Luke fourteen fifteen sixteen.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: That's when I started getting that that going in the morning, and I'm able to work out and listen to a pastor preach, kind of write some notes as I'm doing it. You see, like that's an example of the flesh being weak and the spirit being strong. My flesh wants to sleep, of course. Oh man, you stayed up late last night doing a podcast. You don't want to wake up and work out. No, no, no, I wake up and work out anyways. And then I got a study for Sunday service. I started reading Deuteronomy eight nine and ten. Now you see, That's that's how it is with my life. I'm just giving you an example of what's going on with me. And it took me a while to just fully commit to doing you know. Now, my podcast was always out there. It was Josh Monday Christian, a conspiracy podcast, I mean the conspiracies where I was at, and I was sprinkling it a little bit with Bible. You know, I was still leading people to the Lord. I would do shows that are all Christian, yes, sometimes, but I would have conspiracy. So I'd kind of go back and forth or i'd have both together in one show and.
Speaker 2: It did very well, and it did good.
Speaker 1: But what I learned is this is where it's at, teaching the Bible verse by verse, this is where it's at. And even if my viewership drops or whatever on my show, I don't care because the people that need to hear this, this is way more effective, you know. But I will, obviously, like on my show, I'll continue to do, you know, a little bit conspiracy and some and some Christian you know, and some Christians. I'll have a couple episodes like that, but mainly my meat and Potatoes is going to be this right here, and on this show Sunday service, Wednesday service, it's gonna definitely be this because I don't do any conspiracies on this show, but I'll talk about my other shows. See, I'm I'm committed to God's kingdom and doing his work, and it's it's you don't understand what it's done for my life, Guys. You don't understand that full commitment and when you're when you're doing things for the Kingdom of God, like it's done so much for my spiritual walk, you know, it's just beautiful things. So I encourage you guys to definitely do that. Maintain your witness, ensure that your life reflects the distinctiveness of the follower of Christ, preserving your saltiness in a world that needs his flavor. Yes, so make sure that the way that you live is reflecting you being a child of God, you being saved, you being a Christian. So when you're talking to people that you know outside of your household or people in your household too, make sure. But I'm just saying, if you're talking to anybody, you don't want to be out there like cussing and and you know, well I can't stand this.
Speaker 2: Well, life sucks.
Speaker 1: I'm grumbling, I'm complaining, Like you don't want to be that guy. You want to be reflective of you know, appreciative of everything, Appreciate what God gives you, appreciate what God does for you, and you want to attract people to the faith.
Speaker 2: That way, you could be a disciple. Right. We read about it in the Old Testament.
Speaker 1: What happens when people are grumbling complaining? You know, we should appreciate what we have, you know. But anyways, so that's some good stuff. Let me see if I have any verses that connect to do this, and then the Greek word salt symbolizes preservation, purity, essential.
Speaker 2: Qualities for believers.
Speaker 1: Okay, so just let you guys know, and then that's themes. Let's go down to the bottom. Okay, So I don't see any verses that connect. I kind of went over a few verses that I was as I was going through.
Speaker 2: Perfect.
Speaker 1: Now I'm going to go to Luke fifteen, and let me go to Luke fifteen on here, all right, So the parable of the Lost Sheep Luke fifteen, verse one. Then all the tax collectors and the sinners drew near to him to hear him. And just to let you guys know, the tax collectors were considered traders because they were collecting taxes for Rome and not for Israel. Okay, So to people from the outside looking in, and they're seeing tax collectors with Jesus and sinners with Jesus, and they're drawing near to him, this is what the Pharisees start doing. This is Luke fifteen, verse two. And the Pharisees inscribes complaints, saying this man receives sinners and eats with them as he spoke this parable to them, saying so we'll stop there and won't say the parable yet, just to understand that Jesus was welcoming to sinners, and I think that the Church should be like that as well. And I think, you know, people like me and Bible studies like this should be like that too. We should be welcoming to sinners because those are the loss those are the ones that need assistance, Those are the ones that need to be led to Christ.
Speaker 2: The sinners.
Speaker 1: And the Pharisees. They divided people into two groups. The righteous, which they felt was themselves, and the sinners are unclean. And of course, you know, of course the Pharisees thought they were righteous. The scribes thought they were righteous. The lawyers thought they were righteous. But they look really righteous on the outside, but on the inside they were not righteous at all, right, And they wanted people to definitely think that they were righteous. They thought they were righteous because they were keeping the law, and they thought they were above others, not knowing that their works are just filthy rags to God. If you look in Isaiah, let me get.
Speaker 2: The verse real quick. Filthy rags, yep, that's.
Speaker 1: Gonna be Isaiah sixty four, verse six. But we are all like an unclean thing. And all of our righteouses are like filthy rags. Okay, So all of our righteousness are like filthy rags Isaiah sixty four six. Okay, so when.
Speaker 2: You think you are righteous, your works are like filthy rags.
Speaker 1: Right, they're nothing. And let's see what Paul says. And one Timothy one verses fourteen through fifteen. Paul is obviously an ex pharisee that became a believer. And you'll see the effect that Christ has in his life, and the grace of our Lord was exceedingly abundant with faith and love, which are in Christ Jesus. This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ, Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief. So Paul is saying, he is the chief sinner, and Jesus came into this world to save us. Okay, So we got to understand that. And also Romans five, verse eight, it says, but God demonstrates his own love toward us, and that while we were sinners, Christ died for us. So what he's saying is that's what he's talking about. He's talking about how Christ came for sinners right, and Paul is humble enough to say that he is the chief sinner. As you know, Paul was murdering Christians, okay, he was all about the Pharisees before.
Speaker 2: Okay, when he was Saul. Okay.
Speaker 1: So you see what kind of effect Jesus has in his life. He was once one of these guys, thinking that he was righteous because he was following the law.
Speaker 2: Let's see what the parable says here, em.
Speaker 1: Luke fifteen verse four, What man of you, having one hundred sheep, if he loses one of them, does not leave the ninety nine in the wilderness and go after the one which is lost until he finds it. And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. And when he comes home he calls together his friends and neighbors, saying to them, rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost. I say to that, I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety nine just persons who need no repentance. So this reminds me of David. You know, he had his sheep, and then when one would get lost. He would go find the sheep, and sometimes he would have to use his sling to kill a lion. One time he had to kill a lion to get his sheep.
Speaker 2: You see.
Speaker 1: So, so it's kind of it's interesting because the Pharisees thought the opposite of God. They thought that God hated sinners. They thought that sinners were just fuel for the fire and hell. They didn't realize God's grace and love. It's so foreign to them. That's why, that's why it's so important for us to read the Old Testament and the New Testament. It seems like to the Pharisees that God hated sinners. But God hates the sin not the sinners. He loves everyone. And Jesus is trying to get that through to them that they rejoice more in heaven when a sinner repents than ninety nine just persons who need no repentance because they have actually, you.
Speaker 2: Know all that. The whole point is for God to get you to come to heaven, for you to get accept Jesus in your life, for you to repent. That's the whole point.
Speaker 1: They're not getting the point the Pharisees. The parable of the Lost Coin here's another one, and this is Luke fifteen, verse eight. Or actually, let me go to my other notes. See I'm always switching back and forth, but I got to make sure that I don't want.
Speaker 2: To miss anything.
Speaker 1: So with the parable of the lost sheep. So Jesus begins with the parable the smilether notes. Jesus begins with the parable of the lost sheep, emphasizing the shepherd's dedication to finding the one lost sheep out of one hundred, and when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goes home. This illustrates God's personal care and joy in recovering the loss. The parable highlights the value of each individual to God and his willingness to go to great links to bring them back.
Speaker 2: Yeah. See, yes, very interesting.
Speaker 1: And then the parable of the lost coin is next. It's kind of the same type of illustration. It's Luke fifteen, verse eight. Or what woman having ten silver coins if she loses one coin, does not light a lamp, sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it. And when she has found that, she calls her friends and neighbors saying, rejoice with me, or I found the peace which I lost.
Speaker 2: Likewise, I say.
Speaker 1: To you, there is joy in the presence of angels of God over one sinner who repents. Okay, I was that lost sheep. I'll tell you that right now. I was that lost sheep. I was lost, and I am so glad. And each one of us was was that lost sheep. I don't care who you are. If you feel like, oh, I went to church for you know, ninety years or fifty years or seventy years, you were once that lost sheep as well. And and just understand that Heaven rejoiced. There was joy in heaven and then the lost coin the parable. Just let you guys know that that this is one day's wage, Okay. So it's like basically, if you make three hundred dollars in a day, it's like you losing three hundred dollars. If you make one hundred and fifty in a day, it's like you're using losing one hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 2: Okay. That coin that they're talking about.
Speaker 1: Is is one day's wage.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So that's kind of what Jesus is saying here, Okay, when he says, when she loses that one coin, she you know, she's basically sweeping the house to search carefully until she finds it. Of course, the woman who loses one of her ten silver coins diligently searches until she finds it. Symbolizes God's thorough and persistent search for the loss in the same way I tell you there's joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents. This underscores the heavenly celebration over repentance. So we don't understand that things are happening in the.
Speaker 2: Physical world but also in the spiritual. We always think about the physical, the materialistic world, but things are happening in the spiritual.
Speaker 1: Things are happening in heaven. Can you, guys, imagine that that when you repented and you give your life over to God, that not only does it assist you in your life and make you happy, but also Heaven rejoices and the angels of God are shouting for joy. You're causing them to shout for joy. You're you're causing them, you know, uh, joy to be in heaven. That's to me, that's fascinating. I don't know about to you, guys, but to me, it's fascinating. The next one's gonna be Luke fifteen. It's gonna be about the Prodigal Sun. And one thing I'll tell you guys, the only way for you to find out God's character is by reading the Bible and then whatever your testimony is, you know, how how has God treated you? What has God done for you? That's a way to find out God's character. Also, it's by reading the Bible. You know this is this is basically gonna tell you show you God's character all the way through from Genesis all the way to Revelation. You're gonna see God's character, what he does, how he strengthened us, how he how he's there for us, how he's there for us in prayer, how is there for us? And some vcation, how he's there for us wearing spiritual battles. I mean, you're going to see all that stuff by reading through the Bible. And a good indication of how God's character is is the way that Jesus tries to explain it. It's hard because he explains it in parables, okay, and some people don't understand it, but that's the way he had to speak.
Speaker 2: Because he was in front of the you know, because he was in front of these Pharisees.
Speaker 1: So here's the parable of the lost son.
Speaker 2: So then he said.
Speaker 1: A certain man had two sons, and the younger of them said to his father, father, give me the portion of goods that falls to me. So we divided them his livelihood, and not many days after, the younger son gathered all together journeyed to a far country, and they're wasted his possessions with prodigal living, prodigal living. But when he spent all there arose a severe famine in the land, and he began to want. Then he began to be in want. Then he went and joined himself to a citizen of the country, and he sent him to the fields to feed swine, you know, to feed pigs, and he would gladly have filled his stomach with the pods that the swine ate, and no one gave him anything. So he was so starving he was thinking about eating what the pigs were eating. And he's also probably Jewish, and you know, he's probably from Israel, you know, and that's obviously a no go, you know, that's unclean. But when he came to himself, he said, how many of my father's hired servants have bred enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger. I will the rise and go to my father, and I will say to him, father, I have sinned against heaven, and before you I am no longer worthy to be called your son. Make me one of your hired servants. And he arose and came to his father. But when he was still a great way off, his father saw him and had compassion, and ran and fell on his neck and kissed him. And the son said to him, father, I have sinned against heaven, and in your sight, I had no longer worthy to be called your son. But the father said to his servants, bring out the best robe and put it on him, and put a ring on his hand, and sandals on his feet, and bring the fatted calf here and kill it, and let us eat and be merry, for this is my son. For this my son was dead and is alive again. He is lost, He was lost and is found. And they began to be merry. So they began to be happy. Right now, his older son was in the field, and he came and drew near to the house. He heard music and dancing. He called one of the servants and asked, what are the things, what these things meant? And what he said to your brother has come, and because he has received safe and sound, your father killed the fat and calf. But he was angry and he would not go in. Therefore his father came out and pleaded with him. So we answered, as soon as his father lo these many years I have been with I've been serving you. I never transgressed your commandment at any time. And yet you never gave me a young goat. And I might marry with my that I might marry with my friends. But as soon as the son of yours came, he has devoured your livelihood with harlots. You killed your fat and calf for him, and he said to him, son, you are always with me, and all that I have is yours, And it was right that you should marry, make merry, and be glad, for your brother was dead and is alive again, and this and was lost and is found. So here we have the prodigal son. And just let you guys know, prodigal doesn't mean wanderer and means squanderer. You know he's squandering the money.
Speaker 2: Right. So people in.
Speaker 1: Parables used representative of us or a characteristic that we all share. So the Father is representing obviously as God the Father. And if you notice in the beginning, it says that he asked for his portion and then he just gave it to him, right, And that's kind of, you know, like.
Speaker 2: Our free will.
Speaker 1: Like if you ask God, hey, give me all my my give me everything upfront. I want my gifts now instead of, you know, getting your heavenly gifts.
Speaker 2: Then sometimes you can get that.
Speaker 1: You can get all your your inheritance up front instead of waiting and being patient and waiting for your heavenly gifts, you know. And that's what some people do. You have free will. And then what I thought was interesting too, is it says that he journeyed to a far country. Okay, it doesn't say that he went to like another town over. He journeyed to a far country. So that's kind of a representation of him trying to get away from all the people he knew. And also that way he could do whatever he wanted to do. And it seemed like he wanted to go crazy and party like a lot of us did. But as you see, as the story continues, he wasted his possessions. He spent all there was a famine in the land. So you know what I believe right here when he said that he would gladly have filled the stomach with the pods of the swine eight and no one gave him anything. It's just this is a representation is somebody that hit rock bottom. I mean a lot of us have done that, especially people that have gone down the road of doing drugs.
Speaker 2: A lot of us have hit rock bottom.
Speaker 1: And you could be a normal person with the family, doing normal things families do, eating dinner together, you know, enjoying your family and doing really well with your.
Speaker 2: Family, and then you could end up. This is not my story. I'm just telling you that what could happen. My story was different. My parents divorced.
Speaker 1: My dad was like selling drugs, you know, and you know, so I was in.
Speaker 2: A whole different ballgame.
Speaker 1: But you could have a family that is together, and you could be living and your family could be well off or middle class. Everything could be going great, and then you could dip into some drugs and then your life can go downhill. You could start hanging out with people that are bad news, and you could be going from this happy, go lucky person to just being down in the dumps, and I was at one time. I mean I'm talking. I mean, I was just not doing well at all. Before I met my wife, I was not doing well at all.
Speaker 2: I was just like this guy.
Speaker 1: I was hanging out with people that were bad news and I was away wait for my family. I wasn't speaking to anybody anymore. I was down in the dirt.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: What I did is I moved back to my dad's house in Vegas, even though my dad wasn't doing the greatest at the time. And I moved to Vegas and I was like, okay, I want to I'm going to join the United States Army.
Speaker 2: That's what I thought.
Speaker 1: And I had a recruiter come and pick me up and brought me back to the High Desert which is in Victoryville, and I was like, okay, I'm going to join the military. I was going to go full time in the military. And the lady say, it's going to take about three weeks to process, so I'll give you a little time. And somebody came to me and one of my he's a police officer, and he's he was a detective, a LA detective, and said, hey, man, I'm going to start a bar and grill, and I would like you to be a bartender. And I started out actually as a bar back and cleaning dishes. I didn't come as so I got humbled and like real quick. But I was at rock bottom before this, and I was going to join the military at that time. But I met my wife and then we ended up being together, and then it took me a little bit longer for me to join. I ended up still joining the military, but I was about to go full time boom and just go, you know, but I've been at this point where I was rock bottom like this gentleman, Okay, and it happens, and that's and I know plenty of people that have been rock bottom.
Speaker 2: Thank God, thank God.
Speaker 1: He is the way he is in this story, because if he wasn't, I would not be here right now doing this show. I would not be here with the house, I would not be here with my kids. I would not be here with my wife. I could be dead at this point. But thank God he is how he is. Thank you Lord for being forgiving. And let's continue. So the other son, Okay, the other son in here is a representation of I think this is just my own speculation of somebody that goes to church every Sunday and Wednesday, you know that thinks they know God, but they're actually far away from God's heart. They think they understand God, but they don't really understand God's heart. Okay, because if they understood God's heart, they would know that God is willing to be that that, you know, open arm, coming to give you a hug, happy that you're back, giving you these you know, the best robe, putting a ring on his hand, sandals on his feet. So you might have think that he's not gonna be forgiving you because you're so terrible and you're so wrong, and you're so bad.
Speaker 2: But God has been waiting the whole time for you to come, and he's gonna do exactly what it says in the story.
Speaker 1: He's gonna be waiting for you, and he's gonna be with open arms.
Speaker 2: So I got one thing for you.
Speaker 1: Romans six, verses six to seven says we know that our old self was crucified with him in order that our body of sin might be brought to nothing, so that he would no longer be enslaved to sin. For one who has died has been set free from sin.
Speaker 2: Okay, so very powerful verse.
Speaker 1: Let's go to my other notes to see if I got any teaching points here for you.
Speaker 2: The Prodigal Son.
Speaker 1: The story of the prodigal Son illustrates the depth of God's forgiveness and the joy of reconciliation. The father's response to the returning son, running to him, embracing him, and celebrating his return, demonstrates God's unconditional love and readiness to forgive. The elder brother's reactions serve as a warning against self righteousness and reminded to share God's joy over the repentant.
Speaker 2: So there's a lot of people that are in.
Speaker 1: Church, and if you go to if you get somebody that's a sinner and they come and they repent, you gotta you gotta be joyful of that that they're repenting. And I'm sure there's a lot of people that are. There's just some that are probably religious that might be like, get that sinner out of here.
Speaker 2: I don't want that person in here.
Speaker 1: So let's see if there's anything else here. So this, the whole chapter just illustrates God's on wavering love and joyous celebration over the repentance of a single sinner. It just shows you that you might think that that God's not going to forgive you, that you're bad, you're you're the worst, and you don't deserve it. But what we don't, what we fail to realize, is that God's just waiting for you to repent, doesn't matter who you are. Some practical applications for this recognize that God actively seeks out the loss and desires relationship with each of us. Reflect on your own life and consider areas where you may have strayed, knowing that God is eager to welcome you back.
Speaker 2: Now I can reflect on my life.
Speaker 1: I know exactly the stuff that I've done wrong, and God knows as well, and you know, my wife knows, you know. And I've gone over my testimony on you know, some of my shows on Josh Monday Christian Conspiracy podcast. Price not so much here, but I kind of concentrated this show mainly on just you know, staying on course, on going word for word in the Bible. But you guys get to hear a little bit of my testimony. Let's see the next one. Celebrate repentance, Rejoice with others when they turn back to God, understanding the immense joy it brings. To the Father, encourage and support those who are on their journey back to the faith. Of course, to be there for people. Some people are probably not uh you know, they won't accept Christ in the because that they have some sin that's that they're kind of still holding on to that they.
Speaker 2: Cannot let go.
Speaker 1: That's why a lot of people, you know, I know how it is, you know, to have some kind of uh something that's holding you back that you don't want to let go yet.
Speaker 2: You know. I had to let go of a lot of things. Drugs, alcohol, cigarettes.
Speaker 1: Dip, you know, chewing tobacco when I was in the military.
Speaker 3: Dang, I was this big old dip in my mouth, feeling helicopters, you know. I I used to love to you know, nicotine. You know, I had cigarettes, nicotine, and then I went to vaping and I'd be like, hey, cool, I'm not even smoking cigarettes and where I'm just vaping and.
Speaker 1: That's just as bad, you know. So I had to let go of a lot of things, and I never it wasn't me. God is the one that led me out. Because when you're doing anything and you're addicted, you are a slave to whatever you're addicted to. And I know how it is because I didn't want to leave the house without my cigarettes or without my tobacco, without my dip or my nicotine.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to.
Speaker 1: Leave the house without it. I don't want to leave the barracks without it. I wanted to make sure I had it because I needed it all the time. So you become an actual slave to whatever you're addicted to. And I know how it is with drugs too. I'd wake up in the morning that's all I could think about, is getting those drugs. Can you imagine if you had that same passion for Christ and for God that you can't leave the house unless you pray to God, you can't leave the house unless.
Speaker 2: You read the Bible.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine if you had that same you know, turn that addiction into something that's positive like this, Turn that addiction into working out and listening to pastors preach and reading the Bible. My goodness, you can imagine what it would do for you. You're not going to have a big hole in your lip.
Speaker 2: You're not going to have lung cancer.
Speaker 1: You're not going to have a throat cancer or cheek cancer. If you are, if you're reading the Word God, you might have a sore jaw from talking so much like me. But you're not gonna have You know all these negative effects it has on you. Alcohol, I mean you see what has the effect that has on people and their family. Some men they beat their wives because they're drinking. Some men, some wives beat their husband because they're drinking. It causes adultery, It causes things in people's life that's terrible. It causes you to invite all your friends over, put your friends over your wife. You know, it could cause so much stuff. So man, extend grace and forgiveness. Follow the example of the Father in the Parable. By offering forgiveness and grace to those who have wronged you avoid the trap of self righteousness and cultivate a heart that mirrors God's love and compassion. Yes, and and the stuff that I'm talking about right now about me quitting alcohol and drinking and all that, and smoking cigarettes, all that stuff, it's not me trying to be self righteous. What it is is me just trying to tell you guys that it's possible, and it's only possible through God. Okay, I didn't do it on my own. I prayed and prayed and prayed, and God assisted me. The Holy Spirit drove me out of that. Let's see if I have any any connecting additional scriptures is Psalms twenty three, verses one through four. Let's see if I can go to that real quick. Psalms twenty three. Psalms twenty three. It says, the Lord is my shepherd. I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in the past of righteousness for his namesake. Yeay, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me, your rod, your staff, they comfort me.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You annoy it my head with oil. My cup runs over. So that's basically just telling you how God has your back. The Lord is your shepherd, right and when you're talking about the sheep, then guiding you and restoring you.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So Ezekiel thirty four eleven through sixteen talks about God's promise to search for and care for his sheep. Ezekiel thirty four eleven through sixteen. Let's see what that, says Ezekiel. Thirty four, zek you'll thirty four.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the whole chap irresponsible shepherds.
Speaker 1: Well, God, the true shepherd, it says for us, says the Lord God. Indeed, I myself will search for my sheep and seek them out. As a shepherd seeks out his flock on the day he is among his scattered sheep. So will I seek out my sheep and deliver them from all the places where they are scattered on a cloudy and dark day. And I will bring them out from the peoples, and gather them from the countries, and I will bring them to their own land.
Speaker 2: I will feed them.
Speaker 1: On the mountains of Israel, in the valleys and in the inhabited places of the country. I will feed them in good pasture, and their fold shall be on the high mountains of Israel. There they shall lie down in a good fold and feed in a rich pastor. On the mountains of Israel. I will feed my flock, and I will make them. I will make them lie down, says the Lord God. I will seek what was lost, and bring back what was driven away, bind up the broken, and strengthen what was sick. But I will destroy the fat the strong and feed them in judgment. So you see how God works right Second Peter three, verse nine. God's patience and desire for all to come to repentance is what that verse speaks about. So themes the parable particles. Son, Okay, we kind of went over that perfect. Now we're going to be going to Luke sixteen verse one. We got probably about forty minutes thirty five minutes the parable of the unjust Stewart. There was a certain rich man who had a stewart, and an act acusation was brought to him that this man was wasting his goods. So we called him and said to him, what is this I hear about? You? Give an account of your stewardship where you can no longer be stewart. Then the steward said within himself, where shall I do? For my master has taken the stewardship away from me. I cannot dig. I am ashamed to beg. I have resolved what to do that when I put out my stewardship, they may receive me into their houses. So he called one of his master's debtors to him and said to him how much do I owe my master? And he said, one hundred measures of oil. So we said to him, take your bill, sit down quickly, and write fifty. Then he said to another, how much do I owe?
Speaker 2: You? Do you owe?
Speaker 1: So we said one hundred measures of wheat? And he said to him, take your bill and write eighty. So the master commanded the unjust stewart because he had dealt shortly. For the sons of this world are more shrewd shrewd in this generation then the suns of light. And I say to you, make friends for yourself by unrighteous mammon or money, and when you fail, they may receive you into the everlasting home. For he who is faithful, and what is least, is faithful also and much. And he who is unjust, and what is least is unjust also and much. Therefore, if you have been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit the trust? That who will commit your trust the true riches? And if you have been faithful in what another man's who will give? Who will give you what is your own? No servant can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one or love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You can't serve. You cannot serve God and Mammon, or God and money, or God and the God of money. You can't serve God and Satan.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: You gotta love the one and hate the other. Okay. So, so the rich man is the employer to the manager. He is the figure of authority who holds the manager accountable for his stewardship.
Speaker 2: Hold on, let me go to the.
Speaker 1: So Jesus tells the story of a manager who, upon learning he will be dismissed, shrewdly reduces the debts of his master's debtors to secure future favor. The parable highlights the importance of using worldly wealth to gain internal beliefs, for the son of this age are more shrewd in the dealing with their own kind than the other sons of light. This verse challenges believers to be wise and discerning in their use of resources. Jesus emphasizes faithfulness in small things. Whoever is faithful with very little will also be faithful and much. The impossibility of serving two masters. You cannot serve both God and money. Okay, let's see here, and let's go to the next portion. The Law, the prophets, and the Kingdom. Now, the Pharisees, who were lovers of money, also heard these things, and they derided him. That derided him, And He also said to them, you are those who justify yourselves before men. But God knows your hearts, for what is highly esteemed among you is an abomination the side of God, the Law and the prophets were until John. Since that time, the Kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it. It is easier for heaven and earth to pass away than for one little, one tittle of the law to fail. Whoever divorces his wife and marries another commits adults and whoever marries her who is divorced from her husband commits adultery. And then next up we're going to be going to We're going to be going to the law. Hold on, I mean to the rich man in Lazareth. So this little part portion that we just read, Jesus affirms the enduring validity of the law and the prophets until the coming of John the Baptist, emphasizing the Kingdom of God as being proclaimed and that everyone is forcing their way into it. He underscores the pre eminence of God's law okay. And then then Jesus briefly addresses the issue of divorce, saying that anyone who divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery, and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery. So he just kind of threw that in there at the end there, and next up is going to be the rich man and Lazaruth.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I want you guys to pay attention to this. This is very important, Okay to me. This is real people.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I don't look at this as a story or parable to me, this is real people, because if you notice, in all of the parables that we've read, and any of the stories or parables that we've read, Jesus never says anybody's name, and this one he actually says the name. Okay, And I'm gonna tell you guys something. Let's go through this verse and then I'll.
Speaker 2: Tell you guys.
Speaker 1: Okay, but this is this for me, is very important.
Speaker 2: It's very important for us. So let's let's go. This is a.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be Luke sixteen, verse nineteen. Then there was a certain rich man who was clothed in purple and fine linen and fared sumptuously every day. But there was a certain beggar named Lasaruth, full of sores, who was laid at his gate, desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's tas. Moreover, the dogs came and licked his sores, so it was the beggar. So it was that the beggar died and was carried by the angels to Abraham's bosom. The rich man also died and was buried. In being in the torments of Hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham, afar Off and Lazarum in his bosom. Then he cried out and said, Father, Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazareth that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, for I am tormented in this flame. But Abraham said, son, remember that in your lifetime you receive good things, and likewise Lazareth evil things.
Speaker 2: But now he is.
Speaker 1: Comforted and you are tormented. And besides all of this between us, there was a great golf fixed, or a great cavern okay, so that those who want to pass from here to you cannot nor can those from there pass to us. It's impossible. Okay, if you're in Hades or hell, you cannot come over to.
Speaker 2: Paradise, is what they're saying.
Speaker 1: Then he said, I beg you there for a father, that if you would send him to my father's house, for I have five brothers that may that he may testify to them lest they come to this place of torment. He wants to send you know, wants to send Lassar's up there to testify. He wants to send somebody to testify to his five brothers. And Abraham said to him, they have Moses and the prophets. Let them hear them. Let them hear them. And he said, no, Father Abraham, but if one goes up to them from the dead, they will repent. But he said to him that they do not hear Moses and the prophets. Neither will they be persuaded by the one who who the one rise from the dead, persuaded by through one rise from the dead. Now, notice something here, Okay, this I believe. I mean, I believe in biblical cosmology. You might not believe the same as me, But I believe that shield is located in the earth and back before Jesus died on the cross, you have one side that is Abraham's bosom, which is like Paradise, and then you have a giant golf in between, and on the other side you have Hades or Shield.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: And one thing that some people fail to realize is that soon as the beggar died, he was carried by angels. So soon as you die, the angels come and get you. Okay, that's one thing I'm noticing in this story. That's something we need to pay attention to. And then also the rich man died was buried and being torment and Hades. So the rich man dies, you know, his body gets buried and he ends up being taken to Hades and there's a there's a gulf between them. But obviously he's able to see Abraham. First of all, he's able to speak to Abraham. He's able to thirst, right, so you got it seems like when you're in Shield or Hell, you're gonna have all five senses. He's able to hear Abraham speak, Okay. So if you're able to thirst, it seems like you're conscious in Hell, okay. And Abraham obviously is also conscious in Paradise, where he's at in Abraham's bosom, right.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: It says that they're being he's being tormented in hades. He lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar Off and Lazar than his bosom, right. So so he's asking for them to dip just a little bit of water to just cool off his tongue, he says, because I'm tormented in this flame. So obviously he has a flame at his feet, and he is thirsty, and he's feeling uncomfortable. Okay, but he never he walked over uh Lasser every day sores on his back, you know, Uh, he probably had walked over him all the time. And you know, he might as he might see people like that all the time. But he was rich, okay, and he was he was so it says that it says that his crumbs fell from the rich man's table, more of the dogs came to lick his sore, so he was he was only eating the crumbs off the rich man's table. He would just toss it to him, you know. And there it's also very interesting that he says this. It's interesting he says, besides all this between us, there's a great golf that those who want to pass from here to you cannot. So it looks like the people in Paradise might see their family members in Shield, and the people in Shield might see their family members in Paradise. And obviously the people that are in Paradise don't want to go to Shield, but I'm sure that they would want to help the people that you know, their family members that are in Shield. And it says that that's why it says, besides all this between us, there's a great golf, so that those who want to pass from here to you cannot Because there is some that want.
Speaker 2: To pass to probably my husband's there. Oh you know, they probably do miss them.
Speaker 1: They cannot, nor can those from their pass to us, saying that those that are in Shield cannot pass to us. You see, this is a picture of what's going on when you die, and it's coming from God. Okay, Jesus, who I believe is God right in the flesh, is showing you a picture of what's going to happen. And when you go to Shield, if you end up going to Hell, you're gonna want comfort and you're not gonna find it. You're gonna have fire at your feet, an unquenchable thirst, says I beg therefore, father, that you would send him to my father's house. You see, like he's worried about his family. He does not want his family to go to hell. But you know, instead of thinking about that when you're already, like when you end up in hell, you have to think about this while you're on earth.
Speaker 2: Don't wait till it's too late. You know, you could go to sleep tonight, have a heart attack and die and not be able to get saved and end up in Hell, just like the rich man here.
Speaker 1: And then I think it's fascinating that he says that that if they don't.
Speaker 2: Listen to Moses, it seems like Moses. It seems like.
Speaker 1: This time when this guy is is in shield. Uh, you know, the rich man that Moses is on the earth prophet prophesizing.
Speaker 2: They have.
Speaker 1: That's why it says they have Moses and the prophets. Let them hear them. And he said, no, Father Abraham, but if one goes to them from the dead, they will repent. But he said to him, if they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded.
Speaker 2: Through one rise from the dead.
Speaker 1: Like look at that, Jesus, your shoe of the Machia, God in the flesh is there and they're not believing him. Okay, you see how it is. And Jesus rose from the dead and they made excuses. So I gotta you, just gotta understand if you read the Bible, there's actually I did a show on Colt Conspiracy. Guys can go back and listen to it where I talk about shield being in the Earth. I go verse by verse by verse and tell you exactly why I think that Hell is in the earth, because they always talk about the underworld being down. Okay, it says that Jesus, before he uscended to heaven, which means go up to Heaven, he first descended into the earth.
Speaker 2: That's a Pheasians four, verse eight. I believe.
Speaker 1: He descended into the earth. Where is the bottomless pit on the globe and all this other stuff, I don't know. I know that the Bible talks about a bottomless pit. It talks about angels being locked up in a bottomless pit in the Abyss, which is the water in the earth. It talks about the underworld being down, it talks about going down to Hell. There's a lot of verses that talk about that, and I think this is a this is a first hand account to let.
Speaker 2: You guys know what to expect.
Speaker 1: And also it's it's letting us know that you're gonna have a whole five senses when you're in hell. You're gonna recognize people, and you're gonna know that you made mistakes on earth and you never repented, and you didn't believe in God, and you're not going to be able to ever get that back. Okay, Now, there is a verse that says that Jesus uh once let me see it's in.
Speaker 2: It's in Peter. Jesus preached preaches.
Speaker 1: It's one Peter three nineteen. Some Christians interpret suggests Jesus preach to spirits in hell after his death and before his resurrection.
Speaker 2: That's going to be Let's see.
Speaker 1: First, let me just read the verse for you. Okay, Now we can kind of get the context. One Peter three, verse nineteen. It says, for Christ also suffered once for sins the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but made alive by spirit, by whom also he went and preached to the spirits in prison who formerly were disobedient when once the divine long suffering waited in the days of Noah while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight souls were saved through water. There's also an anti type which now saves us baptism, not the removal of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of the good conscious toward God through the resurrection of Jesus Christ. He has gone into heaven and is at the right hand of God, angels and authorities and powers having been made subject to him. So it says that he preached to the spirits in prison who were formerly were disobedient.
Speaker 2: So what does that mean.
Speaker 1: Well, if you go to Ephesians four, I think it's a Pheesians four eight. It talks about before he ascended went up to heaven to be at the right hand of God, he first descended and went into the.
Speaker 2: Earth, the lower parts of the earth.
Speaker 1: Let's make sure that I'm correct on that verse four eight. Yes, it's actually going to be Seasion four.
Speaker 2: It says.
Speaker 1: Therefore, he says, when he ascended on high, he led, He led captivity captive and gave gifts to them. He led captivity captive and gave gifts to them. Now, this he ascended, what it does mean that he also first descended into the lower parts of the earth. He who descended is also the one who ascended far above the heavens that he might fill, he might fill all things. Okay, Before he went up to heaven, he descended to the lower parts of the Earth.
Speaker 2: So that's why I'm.
Speaker 1: Telling you I believe that this scenario that I'm talking about right here in Luke is actually in the Earth. It's part of biblical cosmology, ancient Hebrew cosmology, is I've taught it before. You guys already know where I stand. But I'm not saying you have to believe in that. But I do think I believe personally that Hell is located in the Earth. We've only dug down eight miles, that's as far as we could go with the best technology that we have, and we aren't even close, Okay. So it just it seems like there's an unpenetrable barrier before you get to Heaven, and there's an unperatradable barrier before you can get to shield because it says that you can't get in there and they can't pass that gulf.
Speaker 2: Okay. So that's just what I believe.
Speaker 1: Okay, you don't have to believe what I believe, but that's what I personally believe. I believe Shield is located in the Earth. There's plenty of verses that talk about you know, especially that one.
Speaker 2: Right there, that's a that's a big one.
Speaker 1: It talks about him going to the lower parts of the earth. It also talks about everything in heaven, everything on earth, and everything under the earth or in the earth.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Second Philippians. No, it's Philippians two, verse eleven.
Speaker 2: I believe.
Speaker 1: Philippians two. It says this started verse nine. Therefore God also has highly exalted him and given him the name which is above every name than in the name of Jesus. Every knee should bow of those in heaven, which covers everything in heaven, all the knees in heaven, right of those on earth. Right that that covers every single knee that's on the earth, and those under the earth, which will cover every.
Speaker 2: Knee that's in Sheeld.
Speaker 1: Okay, And what we need to understand also is Abraham's Bosom was one section which was Paradise.
Speaker 2: On the other side was Sheiel. But when Jesus died on the cross, he went and preached to those spirits in shield, and that's when people were allowed to go to heaven. Before that, you weren't allowed to go to heaven. You were not.
Speaker 1: Allowed to go to heaven because Jesus had not died on the cross yet. That's the only way that it can.
Speaker 2: Make you holy. Of course, the law was.
Speaker 1: There, but you weren't. The law was not meant for you to get to heaven and have salvation. The law was meant for you to get to the Promised Land, and and and you're attempting to be holy with God, but you're not.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Now, there was a there is contention to that, obviously, because people would say, what about Elijah and what about Enoch? And I can't tell you whether, but I've done some studies on that, and Enoch it says that he, you know, it says that he.
Speaker 2: Let's see what it says.
Speaker 1: I know it's in Genesis about Genesis three, something like that. Oh, I have to just start to see where is that a cain? Yeah, you know, I'm just kind of okay, Yeah, that's gonna be all right. I there's some contention there that Enoch didn't go to heaven. But I you know, it does say that he walked with God and he was taken uh taken by God. And some people believe that he was taken to Abraham's bosom. Some people believe that it was his paradise. Some people believe he was taken to God to heaven, but some people's you know, i'd have to do a deeper study on it. I'd have to go verse by verse to tell you, guys. But Elijah's another one, all right, Elijah's another one. Okay, So those two maybe did go to heaven, but I don't think that Abraham, Moses and then we're in actual heaven with God. I think they were in Abraham's bosom, and when Christ died on the cross, that's when were able to be in heaven. That's what I personally believe, Okay, off of everything that I've studied, that's what I believe.
Speaker 2: But this is just a picture of what was going on here.
Speaker 1: And this is something we should definitely take note of because when you die, you're gonna be conscious, and you're gonna have all five senses, and the angels come and get you immediately.
Speaker 2: You ain't got time to play.
Speaker 1: Let's see how long this is okay, cool, seventeen is going to be pretty short. Let's see what I have in my note section. And like I said, you guys don't have to believe like I believe. But this is just off of everything that I've studied. I've studied the cosmology, I've studied so many different things for a long time. Now, okay, let's see what Let's see what the my Okay, So the story contrasts the earthy life is what the my Bible notes says. The story contrasts the earthly life of a rich man and a poor man named Lazareth and the eternal destinies.
Speaker 2: It underscores the reality.
Speaker 1: Of heaven and hell the rich man. The rich man's neglect of Lazareth at his gate serves as a warning against indifference to the to the needs of others. The pre eminence of one's eternal state is highlighted. And besides all this, a great chasm has been fixed between us and you. The sufficiency of scripture. They have Moses, the prophets that let them listen to them. Okay, so that's see, that's that those teaching points that they have right here in this in this is kind of weak There's so much more that they could teach from that that that event. But let's check out some practical applications that we can apply to our life. Oh, hold on events, places, people, practical applications. So valiate, evaluate your use of resources. Are you using your time, talents, and treasures to further God's kingdom? Cultivate faithfulness and small tasks knowing that God's values, integrity, and stewardship reflect on your priorities. Are you serving God wholeheartedly? Are you divided in your loyalties, show compassion and generosity to those in need, recognizing the eternal impact of your actions, and trust in the authority and sufficiency of scripture for guidance and instruction. So yeah, I think it's very important. I kind of also would say to to understand the value of the time you have on this earth. That rich man when he went to sleep, he didn't know he was going to die. He was wearing his nice, fine linen robe and you know, probably laying in his beautiful bed and ah taking a deep breath, you know, able to Breathe falls asleep, and all of a sudden he wakes up and he's in hades.
Speaker 2: You see, he didn't repent.
Speaker 1: Sometimes we feel like we're gonna have all this time on earth to do whatever we want, and that's it's just not the way it works. We could be taken. We could be driving down the street and running too a diesel, a truck. You could die in an instant, especially with so much that's going on right now. It's so easy, you know. So I would suggest that you get right with.
Speaker 2: God now, you know.
Speaker 1: So, Okay, well kind of went through those. Let's see if there's any verses that connect to this. So Matthew six verse nineteen through twenty one, do not store up your self's treasures on earth, for where your treasure is there, your heart will be. Also Matthew six nineteen through twenty one, and then one tim at the six seventeenth through nineteen encourages the rich to be generous and destroy treasures for the coming age. And then James two verses fourteen through seventeen discusses the importance of faith being accompanied by action, particularly and caring for.
Speaker 2: Those in need faith coming. Yeah, you will know your faith by your works. Okay, so we got we got Luke seventeen. We could probably go over.
Speaker 1: We have about twenty minutes left, so we'll try to kind of go over this fairly quickly. So then, so this is Jesus warns of offenses. Then he said to his disciples, it is impossible that no offenses should come, but woe to him through whom they do come. It will be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck and he were thrown into the sea, that he should offend one of these little ones. Take heed to yourselves. If your brother sins against you, rebuke him, if he rep hence, forgive him. If he sins against you seven times in a day, and seven times in a day returns to you saying I repent, you shall forgive him. So Jesus emphasizes the importance of forgiveness even when it seems difficult. He instructs, if your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him. If he sins against you seven times in a day and seven times returns say I repent, you must forgive him. This highlights the boundless nature of christ forgiveness. And then Jesus also warns his disciples about the seriousness of causing others to sin, especially little ones to stumble. He states it would be better for him to have a millston hung around his neck.
Speaker 2: He kind of went over that and topics themes.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's continue faith and duty Luke seventeen, verse five. And the apostles said to the Lord, increase our faith. So the apostles will say, to Lord, increased our faith. So the Lord said, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, be pulled by the roots and be planted in the sea, and it would obey you. And which of you, having a servant plowing your tending sheep, will say to him, will say, when he has come in from the field, come at once and sit down to eat. But will he not rather say to him, prepare something for my supper, and gird yourself and serve me until I have eaten and drunk, and afterward you will eat and drink. Does he think you're that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I think not so. Likewise, when you have done all these things which you have commanded and say we're unprofitable servants, we have done what was our duty to do. So. So this is in response to the apostles request to increase our faith, Jesus explains, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, be uprooted and plant in the sea, and all lit obey you. This teaches us that even a small amount of genuine faith a company can accomplish great things. And then humility and service. Jesus uses the parable of the unworthy servants in Luke seventeen seven through ten to remind us that our service to God is our duty, not something for which we should expect special praise. We are to serve with humility, recognize that we are merely doing this, doing what is required of us. So definitely we have to have humility.
Speaker 2: And we're not trying to get the praise.
Speaker 1: We always have to say all glory to God, you know, all praise to God. Let's see, now we're at Luke seventeen, verse eleven. Now it happened as he went to Jerus that he passed through the midst of Samaria, Samaria and Galilee. Then he entered a certain village. There he met ten men who were lepers, who stood far off. They lifted up the voice and said, Jesus, Master, have mercy on us. So when he saw them, he said to them, go show yourself to the priest. And so it was that they went, and they were cleansed, and all of them when he saw that, he was all of them. When he saw he was healed, returned with the loud voice, glorifying God, and fell down at his face and feet, giving him thanks. And he was a Samaritan. So Jesus answered and said, were there not ten cleansed? But where are the nine? Where they are not found? Any return to give glory to God. Accept this foreigner. And he said to him, arise, go your way. Your faith has made you well. So it looks like it looks like uh, he healed ten, and only the Samaritan came over, which obviously the Samaritan are enemies of the Israelites. And here the Lepers, obviously, as I kind of went over before that. Lepers they've never been touched, you know, I mean, they've been touched, but after they caught leprosy, nobody touched them. And uh, it's it's a it's a it's a huge thing.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: They don't get human touched, they don't get hugs, so it's huge for Jesus to heal them of this, and it looks like only one appreciated it is. What's kind of showing you here? Let me see what the what it's about causing the coming of the kingdom, the days of the days, and no where is it? Okay?
Speaker 2: So the lepers that.
Speaker 1: Were mentioned were healed by Jesus, but only one of Samaritany returns to gift thanks. The Greek term for leper is lepery, referring to those afflicted with his skin disease.
Speaker 2: Can I know that?
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll continue, got like another ten minutes left.
Speaker 2: The coming of the kingdom. Now.
Speaker 1: When he was asked by the Pharisees when the Kingdom of God would come, he answered them and said, the Kingdom of God does not come with observation, nor nor will they say see here or see there, For indeed the Kingdom of God is within you. Then he said to his disciples, the days will come when you desire to see one of the days of the Son of Man, and you will not see it, And they will say to you look here or look there. Do not go after them or follow them. For as the lightning that flashes out of one part under heaven shines to the other part under heaven. So also will the Sun of Man be in his day, But first he must suffer many things and be rejected by this generation. And as it was in the days of Noah, so it'll be in the days of the Sun of Man. They ate, they drank, they married, wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark and the flood came and destroyed them all. Likewise, as in the days of Lot, they ate, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they built, But on the day that Lot went out of Sodom, it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed them all. Even so it'll be in the day when the Sun of Man is revealed.
Speaker 2: Okay, So.
Speaker 1: This portion, obviously, if you look in the in the Book of Matthew, it talks about it'll be like the days of Noah. There's more to that, this portion though, where it says, look when the Sun of Man, it'll say, as it is in the days of Noah, it'll also be in the days of the Sun of Men. So understand that in the end times, whether you're a futurist, a predtoricist, or you think that this already happened. If you're a Satan's little season, I believe that this is a future event. It's gonna be like the days of Noah. Okay, days of Noah was crazy, filled with violence. You know, they had the angels having sex with women, have a nepheline.
Speaker 2: There was a lot of stuff going on. Now.
Speaker 1: Is Jesus saying here that that there's gonna be nepheline, you know, in the end times. I'm not sure if he's going that far, but some people do believe that. But he is definitely saying that people are gonna be eating, drinking, marrying, giving in marriage. Life is gonna be looking like you know, people are gonna be living life like not even thinking about Jesus. You know a lot of people are doing that now. A lot of people don't believe in Jesus, don't.
Speaker 2: Believe in God.
Speaker 1: But he's saying, just like the days of Noah, when the flood came, people were eating, getting married. Obviously, there was a lot going on back then of sin and the flood.
Speaker 2: Came and destroyed them all. Likewise, in the days a lot they.
Speaker 1: Were eating, they were drinking, they bought, they sold, they planted, they built in Sodomigamura. It was a flourishing city, right, so much so that's why a Lot's wife wanted to go back. She wanted to go back to the world. Okay, it's the same exact thing. And then fire came and brimstone came from heaven to destroy them all. So it will be in the day when the Sun and Man is revealed. So this is a you know, not going to any of my notes. I mean, personally, I think that we should be prepared for God's for when Jesus comes back. I know some of you guys think it's Satan's little season and all that stuff, Okay, and there's different beliefs of eschatology, but I still believe that Jesus is coming back. It's a future event. Okay, I don't think that Jesus already came back. That's personally what I believe. Don't be mad at me, don't say you know, but personally, I know that there's different beliefs in eschatology, and I don't like to push anybody one way or another, but I do believe it's a future event, and I do believe that we should be prepared. Okay, no matter what we should be prepared. It says in that day he was on the housetop and his goods or in the house. Let him not come down.
Speaker 2: To take them away.
Speaker 1: And likewise the one who is in the field, let him not turn back. Remember Lot's wife. Whoever seeks to save his life will lose it. Whoever loses his life will preserve it. And I tell you in the night that there will be two men in one bed. The one will be taken and the other one will be left. The two women will be grinding together. The one will be taken and the other left. Two men will be in the field. The one will be taken.
Speaker 2: And the other left.
Speaker 1: And they answered and said to him where Lord, And he said to him, whether the body is, their egles will be gathered together. Where the body is the eagles see. So some people would say that this is the rapture, right, That's why I said there's different eschatology beliefs. Some people would believe that this would be the rapture.
Speaker 2: Of the church.
Speaker 1: And some people believe that when Jesus comes back, then that's when.
Speaker 2: People get raptured.
Speaker 1: Right, So that would be like a post millennial belief.
Speaker 2: Some people believe in.
Speaker 1: Pre rapture, which would be before the tribulation. Some people believe it's a seven year tribulation three and a half years a piece. The Antichist comes, does the abomination of desolation, it causes the Great Tribulation to happen, and they believe that there's a post rapture, a mid rapture.
Speaker 2: Or a post rapture.
Speaker 1: Sorry, there's a pre rapture, which would be before the seven years, right. So that's one eschatology that would be more of a dispensationless view There's other ones that are like predicists that believe that everything happened at seventy a d. And that we're more in revelation fifteen about now sixteen maybe you know. So there's just different viewpoints. But what I would tell you is to study all of them and make sure that you make sure that somebody when they tell you some kind of end times, that they can tell you chapter and verse of every single thing that they believe, and that way it leads you and guides you into what's true biblically instead of just going what man think you know, because if you just listen to man and never study it for yourself, then you're gonna be you could be leading into something I don't I don't think that it is good. For example, some people believe like the next step is gonna be the rapture, so they might kind of be off the gas pedal a little bit saying, Hey, I'm I'm just gonna wait for the rapture to happen.
Speaker 2: And let's say that the rapture doesn't happen until, you know, until Jesus calls you at the end, you're gonna have to go through the tribulation and you're not gonna be prepared, right, So we have to make sure that we study all that stuff and understand it the best.
Speaker 1: So when I get to that portion, I will do my best to explain it, and I will tell you. You know, I will tell you from a point of a teacher and not of a this is what you should believe. This is what's true, because I don't care what anybody says. Okay, I don't care what any pastor tells you. They don't know one hundred percent that they're correct. They might think they're correct by everything they've learned from their pastor and from their teachers, but I'm gonna tell you something right now, nobody knows except the Father in heaven. Okay, no one knows the time of the hour besides the Father in heaven, and Jesus is obviously in heaven now, so Jesus would know now. But at the time that Jesus is on.
Speaker 2: The earth, he said that no one knows what the Father, So nobody knows. The people could tell you all day long they know exactly what's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: They could have these charts, they can have these timelines, they can have all these different things they're trying to tell you. But I'll tell you right now from everything that I've studied everybody I had on my show, everybody cannot go chapter and verse exactly and show you exactly the verse after verse to tell you this is what's gonna happen. First sure, one hundred percent what it is is it's all theories and they're just interpretation of what's going to happen in the end times. Okay, there is, you're gonna see. There's debates on this type of stuff all the time. So as a teacher, it's important for me to tell you guys to kind of be open with eschatology. Study it and find out exactly what you feel, you know, what the Holy Spirit shows you and guides you. Okay, just just kind of something I want to lay out for you, because I do hear a lot of people try to try to act like they you know, try to act like they know. But one thing is for sure what Jesus is saying here. Jesus compares the coming of the Sun and Man to the days of Noah and a Lot when the people were unaware of impending judgment until it was too late. It's he emphasizes the suddenness and unexpected nature of his return. You see, we gotta we gotta be prepared, Okay, we gotta be prepared, that's for sure. Okay, So how do you get prepared? Well, we have to start reading the Bible. We have to start studying the Word, which you guys are doing now. You're studying it with me, right, So this is very important. Let's see if there's anything else I'm leaving out the coming. Okay, here's another part I could read for you guys, the coming of the Kingdom. Of coming of the Kingdom. Jesus tells the Pharisees the Kingdom of God is not coming with signs to be observed, nor will people say, look here, it is there.
Speaker 2: It is for you.
Speaker 1: See, the Kingdom of God is your myst This teaches that God's Kingdom is a present reality, not just a future hope. So a lot of them, like I said, are looking for signs, but Jesus is already there. The Kingdom is there. The Kingdom of God is in the flesh right there with them, and they just don't understand it. They just can't see it because their pride gets in their way, their lawlessness, their religion gets in the way of them actually seeing who the true Messiah was. If you were like Satan's little seasoned believer, you would believe that this is just saying that people are getting like kidnapped right here. I believe that's what they believe. I'm not going to tell you one hundred percent, but I think people I've heard people teach on that before, that this portion right here Luke seventeen thirty one through thirty five is.
Speaker 2: People getting kidnapped.
Speaker 1: Okay, So next week on Sunday service, we will be in Luke eighteen. So awesome, you know, and I'll definitely do some good studying on that.
Speaker 2: I got some pretty good studying down.
Speaker 1: I try to get pretty dense with the with the luke this time. Let's see if I have any practical applications you guys could could put towards your life with this. And I'm gonna go ahead and stop the screen share and practical forget our practice forgiveness. Make it conscious effort to forgive those who wrong you, reflecting the forgiveness you have received from Christ. Cultivate faith. Nurture your faith through prayer, reading scripture, and trusting God in all circumstances, no matter how small your faith may seem. Yeah, so faith is so important, you know, And how do you build faith? Come it by hearing and hearing by the word of God. Serve with humility, approach your service to God and others with a humble heart, recognizing that as a privilege to serve, and then live with kingdom awareness. Be mindful of God's presence and work in your life and the world around you, living as a citizen of His kingdom.
Speaker 2: And then let's see forgiveness.
Speaker 1: You could go to Matthew eighteen twenty one through twenty two and a Pheasans four thirty two versus about faith. You can go to Hebrews eleven one, Matthew seventeen twenty. If you want to write those down humility and service, go to Philippians two, verses three through seven and Mark ten forty five. And then Kingdom of God go to Romans fourteen seventeen and Matthew six thirty three.
Speaker 2: So there we go.
Speaker 1: So what a great study. Thank you guys so much.
Speaker 2: I really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: I got some pretty good study and done this week for this show, so be expecting some some good studies for next week as well. And then Sunday service, we're going to be you know, still in the Book of Deuteronomy. And if you made it all the way to the end, like I always ask, comment on Spotify, you know, and let me know that you made it to the end, and let me know what you guys think about the Bible studies so far. I appreciate everybody that's listening. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: But like we always do, we end this in prayer.
Speaker 1: So, Father God, in the name of Jesus and the name we asure with him of Siock, we appreciate everything you do for us.
Speaker 2: Lord, thank you for this.
Speaker 1: Time of you know, reading your word. And there's a lot of stuff that we went over today, and you know, to read Luke sixteen and to see that there's you know.
Speaker 2: What hell actually looks like and feels like.
Speaker 1: You know, it should definitely put just assist Lord with people to understand how important it is to serve you, Lord, to to become a disciple for you, and how important it is to not end up in hell, or not have your family members end up in Hell or any of your people that you know around you.
Speaker 2: Just do your help people to do their very.
Speaker 1: Best to plant seeds so that you can make them grow.
Speaker 2: Lord.
Speaker 1: And we know that we have to get our stuff together first before.
Speaker 2: We can even disciples.
Speaker 1: So help us to get our stuff together and anything that we need to get out of our life that's preventing us from being a disciple for you, assist us in doing that. And we know sometimes it takes a little while for us to shed all those things, those worldly things, but assist the people that are listening and doing so.
Speaker 2: And we know that we've excuse me, We know that the.
Speaker 1: We know that the time is now, Lord, and I just asked that you assist people that you know, if there's alcohol, there's anything preventing them from.
Speaker 2: Committing to you.
Speaker 1: Lord, if you could slowly just shed those away, or do it abruptly. Lord, I asked that you break those chains in Jesus's name and help everybody that's listening. And thank you, Lord for everything you do for us. I love you so much in Jesus name.
Speaker 2: Amen.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you guys, Thank you for tuning in once again. I appreciate you guys tuning in and I will see you guys next week.
Speaker 2: God bless you