Speaker 1: Scream for me.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Sabertooth ready to die.
Speaker 1: Hey, guys, Tyler Maine here saber Tooth from the First X Men and Deadpool and Wolverine. July twelfth and thirteenth in Minneapolis, The Uncanny Experience is going to transform the historical Minneapolis Club into Xavier's Institute, a place where you, the true X Men fan, become a mutant student for the weekend. Join immersive mutant classes, Solve the murder mystery in the mansion, Explore secret rooms, even dare to step into the notorious hell Fire Club.
Speaker 4: I dare you. It's the ultimate test of your mutant abilities.
Speaker 1: Tickets are on sale now at the Uncannyexperience dot com or text Uncanny to six one two four zero nine seven zero seven to three.
Speaker 4: I want to see you there.
Speaker 1: Let's have some X Men fun.
Speaker 2: Hi everybody, This is Chandler, and this is Chris and I'm Daniel, and you're listening.
Speaker 3: To EXAs the podcast Funny Welcome. We are so excited for episode with our very special guest, Daniel Maren, the voice of Naymore from the hit game Marvel Rivals. I would call out your ultimate move, but all it is.
Speaker 4: Is just a sad horn.
Speaker 3: We can't say I'm dangerous or anything like that. But I feel like Nay Moore is really cool in the game. He's so much fun. I'm so glad that we were able to connect with you and have you on the show today. And you know, for our audience, we are going to be covering Name Moore's first appearance in X Men comics with Naymore himself, so we're so excited about that or should we say no More?
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 5: And also you can say whicheveryone you want, because it's like it's depends on.
Speaker 4: What language you're saying it in, because if you.
Speaker 5: Say my name Daniel in English or in Spanish Daniel, so you could say Namore in.
Speaker 4: Spanish and name More in English. It's the same.
Speaker 3: Now. I remember when Namore appeared in Black Panther Wakanda Forever as our new version of him in MCU, which I totally love the redesign of him, and he introduces himself. I realized that Nomore means no love because he says, I, you know, because I have no love for the surface world, so they call me Namore, and I was just like, oh my god. I never thought about that, you know, nay more. To me in my head was just never no love. It just until you know, Tanas said it. I was like, oh it says no love.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: I think originally in the original comics it was like Roman backwards because of when he fought the Roman Empire. Yes, I think that's correct, but yeah, when they didn't in mcuy, they decided to make it yeah this thing of like, well he's you know, Mayen and so he has this like different lore than the original character. But I do, like, you know, I like how they came up with no More as like the Linalcy no Moore. And I also love when, you know, when he introduced himself into like who are you and he goes, my people call me ah cuca gun, but my enemies call me no More.
Speaker 2: I was like, yeah, yeah, yeah, we definitely have a new and improved version of Nyemoura. He's evolved so much over the years. But what was your first experience your first exposure to the character. Was it comic books, cartoons?
Speaker 5: I think it's one of these things that like he's a character that at some point in life as a kid, you kind of came across him, but you know, I think the mass appeal of Aquaman sort of drowned nay more in the background. And then in Black Panther too, when he came out, he was like this, like really, you know, badass dude, Like just he looked really cool. And I always kind of wanted to see like a solo movie of his because I think there's so much to explore there now, you know, And especially after getting this character in Marvel Rivals and like reading more and more comics and discovering who he is and why he is the way he is, I'm like, oh man, there's so much there, you know.
Speaker 4: It's just it's it's pretty cool. So I think the.
Speaker 5: Black Panther or two movie was the first exposure, but I really delved deep after getting this part because for one, like I wanted to know more about him. I think it also informs when we go record, Like just as an example, the interaction with this Sue Storm. I had already read a bunch of the Fantastic Four comics with him, and it just made the lines where I say like, oh, Susan, you wound me. You know, It's like I know where that's coming from now, as opposed to just like saying a line.
Speaker 4: The more more I learn about him, the more I'm like, this guy is awesome. I love him.
Speaker 3: So what was the audition process?
Speaker 5: Like it was weird because you know, I get that question a lot, Like I auditioned in twenty twenty three in May, and we get an audition just like any other audition.
Speaker 4: We don't know what it's for. For videos, especially, they're like they have a supercode.
Speaker 5: So the name was a code. The character had a code, and you know, it comes with like a brief description. You're like, well, if you know superheroes, you know that this guy is one of these guys. But it doesn't necessarily say I obviously I should have put it together. It came with a picture of nay More, but it didn't say this is the character. It said this is the vibe of the character. So I was like, oh, okay, I kind of get where he's coming from. And and that was it. And then like I kind of thought about, you know a few things of like he lives in the bottom of the ocean, so the pressure of the water must make his chest cavity just super strong. So when he speaks, it's down here because he has to command everyone you know, and so that was sort of like my intention with that. And then there was a line I think it was typical air breather in the game, and that sort of informed me his point of view how he thinks just like humans are beneath him. And this was before I had read the comics, so like, my gut was just kind of right on it, because the more and more you read it, the more you see why he hates humans and this like voice or on the strongest dude you know in the planet. So I'm just lucky that I made the right instinctual choices there, because you know, we wouldn't be sitting here otherwise.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Absolutely, that must have felt amazing when you got the role, Like how how did you get the news? And you know, I guess I know games are very secretive, especially like you could even go in and read lines and not even know but knowing that you were going to come out of this game as no more. How did that feel?
Speaker 4: Well? This is something I actually I have never told anybody.
Speaker 5: I was at the aquarium when I got the message from my agent saying you got the part in the Marvel game. I was like, what Marvel game? She's like the guy no More that you auditioned for, and I was like, or nay More And I was like what And I'm literally in the aquarium surrounded by fish.
Speaker 4: It was. It was such a like serendipitous moment.
Speaker 5: I couldn't believe it had been seven months since the audition, so to get the email, I didn't even know what it was. So I'm like quickly scrolling through my email trying to see, like what was the audition?
Speaker 4: What did I send in.
Speaker 5: I'm not going to know what I'm auditioning, what I'm recording for, so I had to re listen to my audition to be like that's what I did.
Speaker 4: Oh, oh, that's what this is. So that was just really cool.
Speaker 5: And then I don't think we recorded for another like four months, and then you know, once I went in, now I know it's nay More. I had once I booked it, I started reading the comics and like by the time I got in and they showed me the first graphics of like this is what he's going to look like.
Speaker 4: And it was sort of, you know, not completed or anything.
Speaker 5: It was just like a very rough look of his and I was just like, this is incredible.
Speaker 4: But none of us.
Speaker 5: I think the developers are hoped that it would be a big success, but I don't think anybody expected it to be a success. And I remember being in Comic Con when they announced our cast. It was the first time I knew who else was in the game, and I was in the audience and I saw the scope of it, and I saw people's reactions to the the artwork and that kind of stuff, and I was like, oh my god, this is this is going to be something, you know, And then playing the beta, I thought it was the most fun game I'd played in a really long time.
Speaker 4: So yeah, to be a part of it is incredible.
Speaker 5: And you know, also like going to Naymore, like there wasn't a lot of stuff to look at about him, which was nice for me because I was able to create something that, hopefully now is what people associate Name War with, you know, just like all these other actors you associate.
Speaker 4: Them with, like you know, Uri and Spider Man.
Speaker 5: Like I hope that now when people think of Nam War and they hear another voice or something, they'll be like, that's not.
Speaker 4: Name War like the other name War. You know. That's what I think would.
Speaker 3: Be awesome, absolutely Yeah, if there's ever an animated name war, I hope that you get to voice him, and obviously any future video game appearances of him, And yeah, that'd be awesome because your role is fantastic in the game. It's super fun, and yeah, you nail the character. You sense the history in his line delivery, as you said, because you've kind of done the research. So it's a lot of fun. And as a player myself, I love playing as nay Moore. His skill set and everything is a blast. Well what are some of his special moves? Oh, my gosh, Well, he does this thing called oceans protect me. Actually you should probably say.
Speaker 5: It, but I think you can put me out of a job if you do that.
Speaker 3: He becomes invincible for a moment, as as the oceans swirl around him and he takes to the sky. He's got his Denizens of the Deep. Of course, he throws out these squids that act as turrets to attack the enemy, and then he has his spear. And the funny thing about his spear is that it's unlimited. It's an infinite sphere and it's it's funny. How characters have you know, Ammo reload times, but Naymar doesn't.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know why they did that for him.
Speaker 4: Right well, you know, because he's just the best.
Speaker 3: As a player. It's amazing to not have to worry about reload.
Speaker 2: If you're not playing nay More, who else is your.
Speaker 5: Main That's a terrible question for me because I literally exclusively play with nay Moar I have I think just that right now, one hundred and fifty hours on him alone, and maybe one hour on.
Speaker 4: I believe it's Human Torch.
Speaker 5: And that's only because sometimes I'll get into a match and somebody steals name from me because I'm talking to my stream chat or something and I get distracted and I look up and I'm like, no name was gone. So then I pick Human Torch.
Speaker 3: Did you just throw the game then? Because you're just like, I don't know what I'm doing.
Speaker 5: I'm just gonna pretty much. This morning, I was playing and my chap asked me. They were like, can we tell you which character you pick and you just try him? And I was like sure, and they gave me Spidy and it was such a disaster.
Speaker 3: I can't do a Spider Man. Oh my gosh, that.
Speaker 4: Was so abusive.
Speaker 5: I can't do anybody else, and they give me one of the hardest characters to even control.
Speaker 4: It was nuts, But yeah, but I did you know.
Speaker 5: I know that as as you move up in the game, Chris, like as you move ranking, teams can vote one character to be eliminated or like voted off the game, and a lot of times it ends up being the more And everybody's like, you know, once you get the diamond, dude, you're gonna get banned.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, I don't know what to do. I'll just never play again, just quick.
Speaker 3: Play from now on my best. Yeah. Yeah, well I guess you know. I feel like, you know, you should probably do either either read Richards just because of your you know, mutual appreciation of Sue, or just to Sue like well as a as a Sue player. I don't know if I would call myself a Sue Maine. She's the one that I'm best with in competition, I will say, just because a lot of people don't play healers, so I jump in as Sue as healer and she's the one that carried me to gold where I'm at now, So you can call me a Sue Maine. We can team up. We've been talking about this actually for a while, so we have to actually make it happen.
Speaker 4: Up because Sue and more belong together. So that's just what it is.
Speaker 3: Though I really could should do Luna so that you get your extra squid.
Speaker 5: That's true, it's true, but you know he's in love with Susan, so that's that's what it is. Let's just remember that and not bring up Read Richards ever again.
Speaker 2: So you tour so are big experts on this game. Are there any tips for newbies?
Speaker 3: So many? So my biggest tip is watch a bunch of YouTube channels and reels and tiktoks of people that are much better than you talking about the game. Because I learned so much about the game. I learned so much about radicals and how you should change your radicals per character that you're playing, and how it actually affects my gameplay, and just like all the settings you can do in the game to help you out. I once I learned that, I was like, Oh, now I can.
Speaker 5: Play that's amazing. I've played completely standard. I don't know, I haven't changed anything. I feel like I did look at one of the radicals on TikTok and I was like oh, I got to change this radical And then I did, and I couldn't hit a single shot, so I just went back to standard.
Speaker 4: I was like, Okay, my damn. I think it's just what I got used to.
Speaker 3: Of course.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's that muscle memory. Like I even if I switch character, I try to play in the exactly like the morning. I'm trying to throw squids as you know, anybody else.
Speaker 4: I'm like, they don't have squids? What am I doing here?
Speaker 3: Yeah. Another tip I'm going to give if your guys are going to play it for the first time, or especially if you're not used to a six on six shooter game, is start with either Cloak and Dagger or Scarlet Witch because they have auto targeting, so you don't have to be quite as defined in your aiming. So those are the two easiest kind of like characters to be introduced or to kind of introduce yourself to the game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's good. That's a good piece of advice for sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, honestly, it's it's one of these things that I feel like when you first start, when you even if you walk by the screen or you're scrolling and you see a video of but it seems so chaotic and so busy and hard to like keep up with what you're doing. But once you play two or three times, you somehow figure out how to lock into what you are doing and it just makes sense.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Don't be intimidated by the craziness of it, because ultimately it's you know, it's just a matter of like doing it two or three times, you'd be like, Okay, I get it.
Speaker 4: I know what I'm doing.
Speaker 5: There's also like AI practices and practice modes where you could just go and learn the character and without the fear of getting obliterated by it, you know, some other human.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, And you're always learning because even though we've been playing the game for a while, I know, I shared a video with you recently about using this moved block ultimates, and I'd never even thought about that for it before, especially as a NAYM war player. I'm like, oh my gosh, this is brilliant. So there's always things to learn.
Speaker 4: I feel.
Speaker 5: I try that today literally against Hella, and I did my my protecting bubble thing and I went up to her, but I did it too early and my bubble right now, and she just chew me right in the face and I died.
Speaker 4: It's like, no, I was trying to be a hero.
Speaker 3: No, no, well, you know, maybe you distracted her long enough to save a teammate.
Speaker 4: So it's so funny. Yeah, maybe hopefully that's right.
Speaker 2: So this game is super popular and it's community is growing by leaps and bounds. What's it like in the fandom? Do you Are you able to make friends online? Are you able to add people?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay, So this is kind of fascinating because I started streaming myself playing on the day of the launch in December sixth and I had I think, like eighty followers on TikTok and eight followers on Twitch, and now I'm at seventeen thousand followers on TikTok and three thousand followers on Twitch. It's amazing how many people have just flocked to us.
Speaker 4: Like there's a couple of us voice.
Speaker 5: Actors who are really active with the community on TikTok and with the streaming and that kind of stuff. And I personally have really tried really hard to just keep like a positive vibe in my community, so like, I don't really allow toxicity and toxic gamers who come in trying to create like a safe environment for people to just like be and exist and enjoy the game for fun, because that's what it should be. And I've been able to find that in such an amazing way that I'm like, wow, I've actually made some really good friends now, and yeah, it's great.
Speaker 4: Like it's very few trolls.
Speaker 5: That come in and give me some sort of you know, negative comment or whatever, and I just it's gone to the point I just ignore it because the amount of love that we're getting is just exponentially better. So yeah, I mean I've made good friends. I've made friends with streamers, friends with other gamers, friends with just brandom. People in my chat that I meet that are like I want to play with you, and you know, I got to meet Chandler because of this. So it's a thing where like you're I'm making connections with people on their in friendships, not just you know, I'm a guy, and.
Speaker 4: People are like, you're so cool whaterever. Like it's like we're making we're friendships and it's it's really neat. It's actually really cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I will say that it's really fun to play with your friends. So you know, we're talking about making friends, but it's really fun. If you have friends that play the game, you guys can jump on a voice chat, you can you know, you could just call each other whatever. You know. We have a Discord server for our x Men immersive event, the Uncanny Experience. So if you guys are listening and you want to play Rivals with us, we are on the Discord server. Daniel is also a member and he has played with us before, so you could join this.
Speaker 4: I didn't hear you.
Speaker 3: What's that?
Speaker 4: What's the discord name? Again? I didn't hear you.
Speaker 3: The Uncanny Experience And if you guys want the link, you just go to the Uncanny Experience dot com. Scroll to the bottom. You'll see the little Discord icon. Click on that and then you can join the Discord server immediately. And it's a lot of fun if you guys want to play the game with a group of people, but we have a consistent group that probably play every night, whether it's two people to six people to two groups playing, it's a it's a lot of fun and everybody's super chill and welcoming, awesome.
Speaker 4: And are you on console or are you on PC?
Speaker 3: I am on console. I'm playing on PS five Chris would be on Xbox if he ever joins up again. I know, I try.
Speaker 2: It's it's a lot of run and gun, which gives me anxiety. I'm more of a casual slow player.
Speaker 3: Well there's other game modes, now, is there? There is a clone mode where everybody's the same character, which is chaos. Yeah, there is a There was a soccer one where you're playing soccer.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm into this, Are you serious?
Speaker 3: Yes? And then there was it wasn't really soccer, it was like spaceball or whatever. But and then there was, uh, what am I trying to think of? There was another Oh, the Doom match. Well, that's that's chaos. That's also okay. It's where you can be anybody and it's just whoever makes the most kills, and it's just running around Doctor Strange's Sanctum Sigtorum, which is full of portals and moving walls and all of this insanity, and you're just trying to find people and murder them and it's it's it's crazy. Oh, that's exciting. Yeah, this is They're releasing more game modes. There's currently a board game mode happening right now where you have to play and you get like dice rolls, and then your character moves down the board game and you unlock goodies. So they're always releasing new things. I'm so into that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's well, let's do some rapid fire Q and a question. All right, let's go question number one. What is the worst part of being the King of Atlantis?
Speaker 5: Ooh, it's really hard to find a woman who can sustain the pressure.
Speaker 3: All right. What's a better title, the King of Atlantis or the first Mutant?
Speaker 5: Ooh, I think king of Atlantis. I think it sounds a little more Yeah, gritty.
Speaker 2: Which Marvel hero would name? Or absolutely hate to be stuck on a road trip with?
Speaker 4: Oh my god read Richard's no doubt.
Speaker 3: If nay More had a dating profile, what would his bio say?
Speaker 4: Oh, loves long walks at the beach.
Speaker 5: And will definitely, you know, pick you out to eat sushi daily. How about holding the enemy down until they drown.
Speaker 3: What's one thing Naymour refuses to apologize for.
Speaker 4: Oh, his love for Susan?
Speaker 3: Okay, all right?
Speaker 2: Does Namar secretly love the attention he gets her wearing tiny green swim trunks?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 5: Absolutely, I'll that tity a little bit In the In the game, he talks about bringing telecanda the surface, and I always.
Speaker 4: Say that he brings it in his shorts because that's where you like to keep it.
Speaker 3: And he can show you who would name more trust more in battle? Wolverine or Captain America.
Speaker 4: Oh, I think Logan.
Speaker 5: I think I think he'd because he was friends with Captain America during the Second War.
Speaker 4: But I think he'd trust Wolverine a little more.
Speaker 2: What's name War's biggest pet peeve about surface.
Speaker 4: Dwellers, Oh, that they breathe air.
Speaker 3: If Naymar had a TikTok, what kind of content would he post?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, it would all be like maybe trips to the aquarium.
Speaker 2: Would name or rather fight one hundred seagull sized sharks or one shark sized seagull.
Speaker 4: One shark sized seagull would be really fun for him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, what's name War's guilty pleasure food?
Speaker 4: Oh? Oh man, my brain went to sting Ray. But I don't know why.
Speaker 2: What song would be blasting when Naymor walks into battle?
Speaker 5: Oh man, gosh, these are good questions. What about just like the theme song to The Little Mermaid or something?
Speaker 3: If Naymar had a podcast, what would it be called?
Speaker 4: Thoughts thoughts from deep below?
Speaker 3: All right? Okay, name War versus Aquaman? Who wins?
Speaker 2: And why is it?
Speaker 3: Naymar?
Speaker 5: Absolutely because he was first, so he understands the ocean way better than Aquaman ever could.
Speaker 3: Yes, all right, nay War is known for its iconic tiny green shorts. Would you ever wear them to a convention for the fans?
Speaker 5: I made a deal with my stream chat that if I got to a certain amount of followers, I would do a cosplay. And I was joking, but they did not take that as a joke, and they have been subscribing me and we're getting pretty close, so I'm going to have to do the honoring of wearing the green shorts.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 5: Okay, if I worked at convention, I'd be so embarrassed.
Speaker 4: I'd be like, Name, We're in a dad bod suit. That'd be it.
Speaker 3: Well, speaking of convention, You're gonna appear at Wonder Con in Anaheim coming up very soon, and we are so excited. Not only will you appear on our X Men fandom panel because we're doing a Mutant Voices panel, but you're also gonna be doing a signing event from eleven to two with Unknown Comics. And so is this your first bike panel appearances, your first convention appearance? What is this for you?
Speaker 4: This is my first everything. I'm so excited. It's like a dream come true.
Speaker 5: I've been to you know, Comic Count a bunch of times, and I always thought like, one day I want to do that, never even thinking i'd have an avenue to do it, and so now being able to get this opportunity to do it, I think it's like, I can't wait. I can't wait to meet any fans that come by to say hi, anybody that wants an autograph, whatever, a photo. I'm just so excited for it because it's all new and and I just I've been on the receiving end of it. I've been like, I've been the fan who stood in line and did that, and so oh, I'm super.
Speaker 4: Excited for it. And I've never done a panel, but clearly I.
Speaker 5: Talk, so you know, prepare yourselves.
Speaker 4: But I think it's really cool. I love it.
Speaker 5: It's a way of sharing with with like minded people.
Speaker 4: So I'm super excited for it.
Speaker 3: Fantastic. Well, everybody, you can see him on the X Men Fandom panel, which is going to be on Sunday of wonder Con weekend from three to four pm in Room three hundred and a. So join us for the panel. Go see him at his booth appearance is booth DL sixteen to nineteen. You'll appear somewhere in there with some X Men ninety seven voice actors, So if you guys want to see X Men ninety seven actors and danielle Mingling, you can also see that as well, and then we'll all go do the panel together. It's gonna be a blast.
Speaker 4: Hey, I'm so excited, I really am.
Speaker 3: Well, should we get into this issue. Let's do it. Let's set the era, let's talk about when this issue. So first of all, this is a still age era comics, something Chris and I have never done, and Daniel challenged us to this first appearance of Day More and X Men. So this we're back in the stan leear that's right.
Speaker 2: We are going back way back to July first of nineteen sixty four, and the top song at the time was called A World Without Love by Peter and Gordon.
Speaker 3: Yes, a song we listened to before recording that we'd never heard of before, but it was a very sixties mellow song. Very psychedelic, easy listening.
Speaker 2: Ye, I want to be on the porch on the sunset and have that groovy tune of.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, glass of tea. And the top movie in nineteen sixty four of July was Circus World. Oh my gosh. When Circus proprietor Matt Masters decides to take his show on a European tour, it is beset by problems while he searches for Lily, the mother of his adopted daughter who disappeared years before. It stars John Wayne and Rita Hayworth.
Speaker 4: It.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is beyond us obviously, but what a fun time to go back all the way to the sixties because we're usually living in our nineties nostalgia or eighties nostalgia when we are in this podcast, so to go to an era that we don't know anything about is a lot of fun. All right, Well, here we go. It's uncanny. X Men number six are actually technically X Men number six before they went uncanny. Written by Stan Lee, art by Jack Kirby, our originators, our founders that made the X Men. We are so excited, and the title is sub Mariner joins the Evil Mutants.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's right, and what do we have on the cover, Daniel, what do you see?
Speaker 4: My god, I see no more in his beautiful red red. Yeah, they're red red.
Speaker 3: I know they're red, everybody.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 3: It's funny because you know, I feel like the coloring on the covers sometimes doesn't match the reality of what's inside the pages because they're green inside, but they're red on the covers.
Speaker 4: True.
Speaker 5: I mean, he did have a period where he had the red trunks, but you're right in this in this episode, he does have him green. Maybe maybe he was like laundry Day and so, yeah, the other ones when they did the picture, the photo and it's name of Yeah, he's coming down and he's like, I guess there's some sort of magnet in the back obviously because Magneto's involved. And then he's coming down to I don't know if he's flying down or just jumping down, but he's about to he's about to whoop some butts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he looks like he's about to punch poor Jean Gray.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Girl, he's looking right at her tode like his eyebrows are so beautiful.
Speaker 4: He's just like he has.
Speaker 3: The majestic arched, very thin high eyebrows in this era.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's like perfectly groomed.
Speaker 5: He's like, I'm going up to the surface with my beautiful surprised eyebrows.
Speaker 3: Yes, and the as he approaches the original five X Men, we have Angel, Cyclops, Marvel Girl, beast Iceman, and Professor Xavier. And in the background we have our Brotherhood of Evil Mutants with Magneto Scarlet, which Quicksilver, Toad and Mastermind. M hm, oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Okay, So we open on a dinner scene with the X Men inside of the X Mansion and Cyclops is blasting Beast hand away, saying get away from that.
Speaker 3: Yes, he's not supposed to reach across the table because manners alone.
Speaker 2: The Professor x is really big on matters.
Speaker 3: He is demerits for them. This is the era of demerits. They're dressed so fancy for this dinner at home.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're all like in their suits.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're all in there. They've changed into their dinner were These are teenagers, by the way, wearing full suits. This just shows the era of the sixties, which I think is great. You know, we've got Cyclops and a sharp looking blue blazer with kind of a blue pattern tie. Warren is in a pinstripe blue jacket with a blue tie. Xavier's in his classic green jacket. It Hank is wearing like a rolled up cardigan or v neck sweater, and then Bobby's got a green blazer, and then Jeane is wearing a blue dress.
Speaker 2: You know, I gotta say, Gene is she's the cook. Yeah, you know, because they have a normal cook. By the way, we learned that the cook is off, so Gene is responsible for the food. But I gotta say, I know Gene now today in my head as a horrible cook.
Speaker 3: Because of memes.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I know it's not Cannon, but in my head it's Cannon, Like, don't bring her, She's not gonna do good with a potato salad, you know, all of these things. Like I wonder if there's other people out there like me that think she's the bad cook.
Speaker 3: Well, maybe she is and they're just being nice.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 3: Look at the plate.
Speaker 4: It looks like it's like they served sea urchins.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or churo's.
Speaker 4: Like really long peanuts. They I don't know what this weird bit is or whatever.
Speaker 3: Food does weird. What I don't understand is Iceman is like, ooh, I like my pie ala mode, and so he uses his ice powers to basically make ice ice on top of him, Like you don't ice cream? He calls it ice cream, but I was like, who do you think you are? Soft Serve? Oh my god, Oh there's a character named soft Serve.
Speaker 2: If you don't know where her mutant power is, she poops ice cream like edible ice cream. And it's actually they'd love it.
Speaker 4: Is this a real character?
Speaker 3: Yes, not real in the sense of you like have seen stories that feature her, but she appears in the comics because they made a joke about it. Bob Quinn is the creator of this character, and Jerry Dugan, who was writing The X Men at the time, decided to make her canically like correct and like in the story and so anyways.
Speaker 4: That's amazing, It's stupid.
Speaker 3: It's stupid. Anyways, Bobby is not making ice cream because he does not make he makes ice So I just you know, where's the science, where's the editor being like, well.
Speaker 5: Technically, what do you guys think of him being called sub Mariner or not Namemore?
Speaker 3: Well, it's kind of like name war is his name, and sub Mariners a superhero name, so it's kind of like, why you know, some people like it's Cyclops, but then his name is Scott, so I I personally think nay more is you know the name that I call him by, but person day basis person day basis. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I like name war as well.
Speaker 2: It feels strong and powerful.
Speaker 3: How about the fact that your last name is Maren and you are the sub mariner?
Speaker 5: Isn't that just like another crazy serenipity thing. It's such a such a crazy thing. But it's funny because you say that because you know, when you asked me about who he would trust more, you said Wolverine or.
Speaker 4: Captain American Logan.
Speaker 5: And I just kind of in the habit lately of calling the characters by first name because I feel like the superheroes would just call each other by the first name.
Speaker 4: So this is what.
Speaker 3: Yeah, unless they're in the field, of course, then it's field names only. Anyways, So Bobby's trying to bite a piece of pie. He decides to close his eyes because he's looking forward to it so much. The genie inks it away with the clack of his teeth. He misses yes because he's not using silverware, and again manners table manners he's supposed to use a silverware, and Jeane says that he's not allowed to have a slice of pie because he tried to eat it with his hands.
Speaker 4: What a hooligan.
Speaker 3: But anyways, we professor is reading the paper. He's reading all about the sub Mariner, and he's like, I need to get him to join the X Men because you know, we need to beat it to him before Magneto gets to him. Uh. And then we see that Magneto of course, at the very same time, it's like, I've got to get to name More before the X Men get to him. So we clearly know our story is all about who's going to get to name More first to join their team? Is he going to join the Good Mutants or the Evil Mutants?
Speaker 5: Also just fascinating they're both thinking of him at the same time, like what was in the air?
Speaker 3: Yes, well, Charles and Eric because we're on first name basis with them too, they have a very close relationship.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: So we're at Magneto's base and Toad is like, Yo, how are you going to take down or how are you going to control nay More, Like he's so strong, there's no way that you can overpower him, but Magneto is overconfident. This is his super villain era. You know, this is before he became the much cooler complex character he is now. But he is just pure evil, as they point out every five panels that he is the pure essence of evil. So he's like, well, I'm just gonna take him down with this giant gun I have in the room full of giant guns. Yes, and then Cyclops appears behind him, and he's so scared of Cyclops that he's trigger happy. He shoots at Cyclops, which ends up being an illusion that Mastermind creates and it causes the beam to go all over.
Speaker 2: Oh no, but it's crashing through the walls and it's going to take out Wanda. But thank god, pietros around and he swoops in with a super speed and saves her.
Speaker 3: Yes, their dialogue is a little creepy to me. Why, Well, they're very much like I can't live without you, I can't go anywhere without you. I need you, I gotta save you. You are my life. They're like they're so into each other, and I know that they're brother and sister, but it's just like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's well, they have a trauma bond they do. You know it runs deep.
Speaker 3: Well, Wanda is not the Wanda that we know these days. We know Scarlet Witch to be like a super powerful badass, can take on anything. She could take down the whole Avengers. She obviously changed the world and erased mutants. You know, she is insanely powerful. However, back in the sixties, she had no control of her powers, and she was a damsel in distress and she was literally a pawn that we're about to see to be used.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everything that's Scarlet Witch does is an oopsy power.
Speaker 5: He would write the female characters for sure, But that's so funny because yeah, she's like, oh whimsical and like wimpy.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Anyways, Magneto's pissed. He's like, how dare you make that psychlops you know, vision appear? And this is all your fault. Now, I'm gonna sit down in this chair and magically make my psychic self leave my body. And I'm like, he's astral projecting, just out of the blue. I've never seen Magnito do this. Has he ever done it again? I don't know. I don't think he has.
Speaker 4: No This is really so just give up. Right like he he should definitely keep using that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this seems like something that I never knew he could do well. Also, is it like his magnetic particles like that he's reforming himself in a hyper electronic state. I don't know, so I've never seen this happen before. We're back in the danger room in the mansion and there's missiles. These these aren't like explodey missiles. They look like nerf god tiles.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, like some sort of acrobatics around these projectailes that are missing him.
Speaker 3: It's just like when I was I was just like, what are we doing with missiles inside of your house? But ye, no, I could see they're like those things were like the on the ground. You put the rocket down, push the thing in the air, makes it shoot up. Okay, I got it, Okay, I'm I'm on your side. But they're practicing all their moves. Cyclops getting control of his eebeam angels, doing his thing where he swoops around. Jean is juggling some items. She's trying to do it with her eyes shut. No, try this with my eyes shut exactly.
Speaker 4: Cyclist is just dangerously close to her with that laser like she should she should know what he's doing right now, she.
Speaker 3: Should not be closing her eyes right.
Speaker 2: So now like Professor X is jealous of Magneto, I guess right, And he's all like, okay, well I can astro project too.
Speaker 3: So what does he do?
Speaker 2: He sits down in his office, concentrates that his essence leaves his body and it starts to go to the ocean and go underwater and search for Naymar.
Speaker 3: Yes, but he can feel the presence of evil, so he decides to leave. I just love how He's just like, oh no, this, I can't. I can't encounter Magneto in our astral projected states, So he literally floats up out of the way. Bye bye. Agnito shows up. He's searching and he finds Atlantis. He finds the city under the sea and it's a regal castle, and we cut to him peeking in on name war and we get this line. So why don't we hear what Naymar has to say? And what is he upset about?
Speaker 4: Daniel? He says again, the Fantastic Four have defeated me again.
Speaker 5: The girl I love has spurned me through though I am Prince of the Deep, Monarch of the sea.
Speaker 4: My titles are hollow.
Speaker 5: My kingdom is empty and meaningless.
Speaker 2: And he picks up this one of the statues that's near buying. It's huge and he hurls it across the throat room and he continues.
Speaker 4: On, he's just upset. Man.
Speaker 5: The humans have taken me, have taken from me everything I held most dear because of them. My people have deserted me. Only you, a handful of loyal followers remain. His little minions are there.
Speaker 3: Yes, he wants, yes, he says, they gotta get out, get out of his site, get out. He doesn't want to see them anymore. And they're cowering in the corner. But Magneto, he is able to materialize himself through the room and he ens is that this person hungers for power, so he kind of plants the seed.
Speaker 5: He looks like a fish, people like, when you think of like a real mermaid would look like this, you know, not the beautiful little prince or little mermaid princess. But this monster he's like a fish, weird, like he's got blue skin and stuff. Yeah, I wonder why the war doesn't look like that. I guess he have human I guess.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he's a mutant.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Anyways, Magneto basically uses this guy as a pond to plant the seed that Naymoor should should go to the surface to seek out Magneto, who also hates the humans, and Amore is just like, oh, I mean we'll get to that. We're not quite at that scene yet. But this guy, this guy is thinking. He's like, oh, okay, I'll deliver this message because then he'll be gone and then I can take over Atlantis.
Speaker 4: Well the more is not around, then he can be the new leader.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, all right.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, back at his headquarters, Professor X comes out of his ants and he gathers up all the X men around and he points to this map on the wall and he says, listen up, everybody. I think I know where Magneto is. There was a ship that was in the water and it started floating up into the sky and electromagnetically flew over to this island with a giant magnet on it. So I kind of think he's there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, did the math and figured out, oh, okay, the island with the giant magnet is Magneto's island.
Speaker 4: Got it.
Speaker 3: He's like, let's come and dear our own giant ship from I don't know where this ship comes from, but we're like, we're going to get a pirate ship, a three sail, a three masked sail, pirate ships from somewhere, and we're going to float out into the sea.
Speaker 4: Why is it like an ancient pirate ship? Why can't it just be like a normal boat?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Well, I wish they would be like we decided to get a wood one because we don't want magneto to sense a metal one coming. But they don't stay that language that made sense, That would have made sense, and angels flying around trying to make the most of his useless self, and he's like, I'm trying to see land. I don't see land, and the Professor's like, well, I have this camera that can see much farther than you, so get back on boat.
Speaker 2: But Jean sends it up into the ear with her telekinetic power, and Bobby tries to listen to it on a little transistor radio TV in his hand, and then what happens.
Speaker 3: The camera must have lodged loose, and Beast is able to grasp it with his foot, but the rope that he's swinging on breaks and he falls to the floor, but he is caught telekinetically by Gene and then lands in a pile of snow that Bobby creates eating earlier. Yes, it's the ice cream pile of ice cream, but the camera is busted.
Speaker 2: Now, Yeah, these situations seem very low stakes, but I have an appreciation for it because it really shows like the early days of them working as a team and figuring out how their powers kind of coalesced together.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean, obviously this is issue six. You know, we are really early days in X Men storyline. So yeah, we're getting very easy, you know, uses of their powers as they kind of learned the extent of them or how the writers kind of figure out how they can use them.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: Oh, but then we're back in Atlantis and we get a whole glow up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Daniel, tell us what you see.
Speaker 4: So so the dude that looks like a weird mermaid man is.
Speaker 5: Like, you know, if you if you go up to the surface now and help, then you know, then you can you know, be over there. And no More is like Prince no More needs no help from any man because because the dude was telling him that he was raising him, telling him that Magneto was going to help him, but.
Speaker 3: It's crap, Oh my gosh, and he's adorning him with a fur robe of sorts, and nay More is putting on his crown. I feel like I've never seen him really where this crown look before. But he's like, hey, I'm going to the surface. I'm gonna go in my best.
Speaker 4: He's got a purt coat. I don't know what that what animal would have for like sea lion? What is that?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I know maybe actually maybe it's from the surface. And he's just like, listen, I'm gonna bring my furs down below. Though I don't think that that would last very well if he was swimming, it would be very heavy.
Speaker 5: Well, this, this this panel is actually interesting because so the other dude also, he says to him, you know, if you leave, there is one man who can help you battle mankind, and then magnet or no no More is like, I don't need help from anyone. But then the dude goes, yeah, but he's not a mere human prince. He's also a mutant, one of the most powerful on Earth, the same as you are. And the More says, I a mutant, Why has that thought never occurred to me before. So he's like learning that he's a mutant as that, like, you know, as as this panel transcribes, you know, he's he's like, huh, I never thought of myself as a mutant and here we are first.
Speaker 3: That's true. Yeah, this is this is I guess, you know, the canon moment of him learning that he's a mutant, or at least us learning that he is a mutant, just like Magneto. Yes, and the little the Squire person says, yes, his name is Magneto and he hates the humans as much as you do. I can tell you where to find him, Siah.
Speaker 5: The last time I took an ally, I regretted it. But if Magneto is a fellow mutant.
Speaker 3: Apparently he teamed up with the Hulk in Avengers number three. But yeah, instead of swimming to the surface, he decides to take a little speedboat and it's really cute. I love it. I could totally see this as a toy. Yes, oh, I bet it was a toy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, where do he get it?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 4: You build it?
Speaker 3: Ooh. He reaches the surface a short time later, and he hops out and there he is.
Speaker 4: With Magneto Magneto's isle is indeed, well he did. Even with directions, it was hard to.
Speaker 3: Find, sub Mariner. I knew you'd come. I am Magneto. This is my island.
Speaker 5: Silence, none speaking, the presence of royalty without first being recognized.
Speaker 4: Before we talk.
Speaker 5: I shall scout this isle and make sure I have not entered some sort of hidden trap.
Speaker 3: Magneto thinks to himself, all I heard about him is true. He is every inch a monarch, and he's sure of his strength. But I must find a way to influence him, to control him. And then he says aloud, ah, you are what I need. Once he sets his eye on the scarlet, which he'll be putty in our hands.
Speaker 2: And then he grabs a scarlet witch by the arm, and Picture's like what And he's all like, let my sister go Magneto, or buy thunder owl.
Speaker 3: She's in no danger, Quicksilver. I merely want her to meet someone.
Speaker 2: And she's all like, it's all right, Pierre. True, we must trust Magneto. We both owe him our lives. How noble he looks, how slim yet muscular, he's fascinating.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she looks on, Yeah she's looking at right now.
Speaker 5: He's he's like flexing with his like fists on his like hips and button.
Speaker 4: He's just like, oh yeah, his legs are spread out. I mean, this dude is like oozing sex everything on these eyelids powered by magnetism.
Speaker 2: And she thinks, why would someone so fine, so masterful want to allig himself with the evil magneto? Well, it is not for me to question. I'll approach him, tap him on the shoulder and then, oh no, I carelessly.
Speaker 3: Made a gesture. It will cause my hex power to operate. Watch those hands more in her look out.
Speaker 5: Literally, she just said we must trust him, and now she's like the evil magneto. Why would anybody all with himself with I mean, you just said, let's ally ourselves with him, because.
Speaker 3: Women can't be trusted. That's why the era.
Speaker 5: A burst of high voltage electricity.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, And he grabs this electrical like whatever wires and mechanics or whatever, and he's able to control and he wows the Scarlet witch with his strength.
Speaker 2: He's ripping out the cable wires, which I accidentally hext with his bare hand.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Wanda, what happened?
Speaker 2: It is all right, Pietro Prince Namor was subjected to a deadly amount of electricity, and it did no more than jilled him.
Speaker 4: You are the cause of that, yes.
Speaker 2: But I did not mean it. Sometimes my hex power gets out of hand. I am the Scarlet Witch and this is my brother Quicksilver. I still do not trust in Wanda.
Speaker 3: And then we get more Brotherhood of Evil mutant comments. But while they're all looking on fondly at nay More, then Angel comes bounding into the scene and he knucks Mastermind onto his ass, and Toad jumps out of the way, and yeah, and they're all kind of caught off guard. But Naymore is like, well, first of all, Magnina tries to take him down with magnetized boulders, and of course Angel can swoop out of the way because they've trained for this in the danger room. But I do love it when Naymar is just like, okay, let me handle this guy.
Speaker 5: Stand aside, Magneto. You make good use of your magnetic talent, but let the Submarriner show you what.
Speaker 4: Real power is.
Speaker 3: Magneto, Shall I say no, Let us see what Naymar can do.
Speaker 5: And then he's in the air fighting and he goes you fly well, stripling, but the sub mariners winged feet are a match for any airborne foe.
Speaker 2: Angel says, guess again, Naymore, I cannot maneuver you in the air without half trying, And.
Speaker 5: The More grabs him like he's gonna just toss him like a bag of you know, tangerines.
Speaker 4: It's not even heavy.
Speaker 5: He goes, Perhaps you can, but what good is maneuverability when it is feeded against strengths such as mine across the sky?
Speaker 4: He just tosses him like like a nerf ball, and he's.
Speaker 5: There, arrogant one of what use are your wings now? Now? When I can hurl you so far and so fast that they flatten helplessly against your side.
Speaker 3: We love over explanation. You can't show this, but but we've explained it.
Speaker 4: Listeners.
Speaker 2: Back on the pirate ship, Yeah, we have another scene of a whole page of them using their powers to help each other falling from the sky and they're catching each other with an ice slide and they're safe.
Speaker 3: Yes, But Magneto knows where the ship is and he uses his giant magnet to use whatever magnet power it could do to break a ship apart. It somehow it creates a beam of green energy that busts a wooden ship apart. I don't know how it magnet could do this, but you know it's comics, guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, incredible.
Speaker 5: Same Professor's X wheelchairs on like a floating piece of you know, shipwreck would yes, and Beast is holding him up and they're trying to help him get the safety and so they put an ice bridge that they could have.
Speaker 4: Just made to begin with.
Speaker 5: And now he's on this sort of like ice sled, yes, I know.
Speaker 2: And then the X men arrive on the island and now there's all these like thorny vines, allah belificent, all poison, you know. But Professor X is all like, no, no, no, no, no, no, this is fine.
Speaker 3: This is all just an illusion. Just walk right through it. And they do. They do, and they come across the giant magnet and Cyclops is like, well, I'm just gonna destroy this with my I beams. But Quicksilver is summoned and he is able to maneuver Cyclops and like pile driver him into the ground, which causes him to shoot his I beams out, but he cannot reach Quicksilver. He's too fast. But Jane on the other hand.
Speaker 2: Oh, Gene catches him with her telekinetic power and is swirling around in the air.
Speaker 5: It's a good thing to trade with those things earlier because it's the same movement, just a little swirl of.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, yeah, all the things that they were practicing is now coming to play. Yeah. So she spun him around to the point of where he's so dizzy he cannot focus, and the X men are able to capture him. And Wanda, what does want to say? Magneto, you must do something. They've caught my brother, they've had Pietro. It will do them no good. They won't have a chance when I turn the full force with my magnets against them. No you can't. My brother is with them. Stop your sniveling eye. Make the decisions here, abide by them or suffer the same fate yourself. And Naymar does not like the way that Magneto speaks to this woman.
Speaker 5: This is one of my favorite name or lines, and I love it about him. He says, I am the submarriner. I ally myself with no one who speaks to a female as you do. Yeaheusts Magneto shit, and it's like uh uh, you know.
Speaker 4: To me, it's like such a telling moment of who he is and he will. He almost aligned himself with someone and didn't because of the way he dissed the woman.
Speaker 3: M hmmm, yes, yes, yes, So he tears apart Magneto's machine and then Magneto use the elements to pin nay More down.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Manito thinks he's magnetically hurling the metal machine parts at me.
Speaker 3: Yes, and they're so strong that he's he's a subdued for a while. So the X men kind of have a chance to step in here.
Speaker 4: Shake these metal pieces off of me. He's pressing them tighter and tighter.
Speaker 3: Mentally, I realize now that I misjudged you all you possess this brute strength. My power is much greater, for it is the universal power of magnetism. Rude Magnetos so grandiose.
Speaker 2: A sudden blast rocks the chamber, Jolty Magneto and as two evil henchmen, as the very aisle seems.
Speaker 3: To quiver with the force of the blast. Yes, Cyclopses blasted his way in. He's scattering everybody. But Mastermind is able to cause a fog, and the fog illusion, which you know, even if it's an illusion, they still can't see. So Ice stand decides that he's just gonna freeze the whole room. He's like, I'm just gonna turn everybody to ice. So they're trying to escape through a metal door in all the Brotherhood, Toad, Mastermind Magnido are going by this door and maybe just like you better get in here, otherwise you're gonna be frozen out there. And Scarlet Witch.
Speaker 2: Says, no, I won't leave without my brother. I can't desert Pietro.
Speaker 3: Have it your way. Then my safety is all that matters. Only through my leadership can Homo Superior take over Earth.
Speaker 2: And Toad is all like, we don't need her, Master, Her loyalty to you isn't as great as mine.
Speaker 3: So the brotherhood they're falling apart at the scenes. Magnito is obviously not a good leader, and now they're trapped in this frozen room and they're just like, uh oh, we're kind of trapped in here with a submarrator at Scarla Witch, what do we do? And Beasts and sub Mariner try to take it on, take blows to each other.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then yeah, and also you know, no more is like well, Magneto's gone, so all these metal pieces are nothing to me. Now breaks free and Scarlett Witch she says, what have you done with Quicksilver? I demand you release him? And then Beast doesn't, so no More goes the submarter commands you to obey the female set Quicksilver free.
Speaker 2: Yes, do you want to do this, Peaceline, It's pretty good, And then b says.
Speaker 3: Look, you piscortial pirate. You may be mister big when you're in the briny deep, but your imperial idiosyncrasies don't impress the x men Ooh.
Speaker 4: I will take it.
Speaker 5: Will take more than a fancy vocabulary to stop Prince no More.
Speaker 3: And I've got more. I also possess speed and agility, which far exceed your own. Oh but it doesn't matter, because nay More is a stack of meat and he cannot be He cannot be bothered with all the bands.
Speaker 5: It's like a like a weird kick to the gut that looks like a laser beam, and I think Beast just bounces off.
Speaker 4: There's nothing he can do.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, and Naymar is just like taking all the hits, not even flinching. He grabs Beasts by the wrists and throws him into Angel, knocking them out. Cyclops is getting the blast on and this is kind of where you kind of see where maybe nay More isn't as strong as he thinks, because Cyclops's beam is pinning him up against the wall and he yells, surrender, nay More, you can't escape my power beam.
Speaker 4: Do your worst, Cyclopes. Unlike my strength, your power blast will soon subside and I'll finish this charade. So he's not like able to break out of it, but he can withstand it, which is also pretty powerful.
Speaker 3: Yes, don't underestimate me, nay More, don't make me use my full intensity. This is your last chance. Oh but then Scarlet Witch.
Speaker 2: Name or try to help me. I must return the favor. I'll use my hex power on the fearless X Man.
Speaker 3: And it causes the ground to crumble under his feet, making him lose his balance. And then nay Moar comes out and he's ready to put his wrath on the X Men, and then Professor has to say, oh, they have quicksilver in a mind trap. They're literally holding him hostage. Who are the enemies now, by the way, who are the baddies? He is he's being held hostage by Professor Xavier, and Scarlet Witch is so upset because she wants her brother freed, release his brain, let him be as he was. But you know, the X men are like, no, we are not going to do that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No More.
Speaker 5: It was just yeah, he's He's like, you guys, deal with your own nonsense here.
Speaker 6: I'm damn out, Yes, I do love how No More is just like over it because he's just like, you guys are all idiots.
Speaker 3: I don't want to do anything with you.
Speaker 4: Well, they called him upon and he's like, nobody calls me a pon.
Speaker 5: You guys protect yourselves. No More won't do anything for you anymore. And uh, I don't know if they're going to survive this one.
Speaker 3: Yes, he starts escaping, but the Magneto uses his giant magnet and he's able to pin no Moore to the ground and it's like beating him. It's forcing him to the ground, crushing him. But what does he do. He smashes the ground with his fists because he's so strong, and it breaks the whole island and it makes the magnet make the break apart.
Speaker 4: So yeah, he is he is so strong that he was able to just destroy an.
Speaker 5: Entire island with one adult tantrum.
Speaker 3: Yes, and it says, without a word, without a backward glance, the awesome nomour rises and slowly, imperiously approaches the sea. Then, with one breath taking dive, the ruler of the Deep returns to his domain. The ocean depths have claimed their own, and he just flings himself off of a cliff into the ocean, and he's gone forever.
Speaker 4: Majestically, I will add, I mean it's a it's a beautiful dive. He spreads his.
Speaker 5: Arms like a like a glorious angel, returning to the oceans.
Speaker 3: Yes. And then they get in the magnetomobile. What does he say, the man ship? Yeah, a Magno ship. It was like, wait, wowod is the pilot by the way of Magno shot Magno ship? Okay sure? Oh? And then Cyclops is like, look, everybody's escaping, And the professor says, I allowed it. Until they join u of their own free will, they would be useless to us. Someday we must learn what mysterious worl hold Magneto has over them. Oh, I have a scarlet witch and it's quicksilver. Yeah. But then christ you were left separate. They're not on the Magno ship. Oh that's right. So this is like the breakup of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutant. Oh wow, so I wonder if this is when they go to the Avengers.
Speaker 2: Maybe, well, Gene continues on, I'm glad to see them go. That witch is much too attractive.
Speaker 3: Why does it have to be like that, Gene? Well, what does Angel say? Know something? Genie? So are you because this is, yeah, the era when Angel and Jane were like an item or hitting on each other before the cyclops stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then the other guys are arguing about doing all the work in the background.
Speaker 4: I think it's beasts.
Speaker 5: It says, help me hoist the sales of Magneto's boat, my frigid friend.
Speaker 3: Sure, everyone yacks, and I end up doing the work. Then is his next issue? The startling change occurs in the lives of the X Men. Don't dare miss it or will tell the professor? Well, I'm say it was very fun to be in this era because it's it's super silly, it is.
Speaker 2: What was your favorite part of the issue, Daniel.
Speaker 5: I mean one hundred percent where he decides to destroy the potential brotherhood that he would have created with Magneto. Only because Magneto dissed a woman. It just shows that nay more. You know, whether he's a villain or a good guy or a hero, his principles are there and he will do anything to protect the women.
Speaker 3: Yes, what was your favorite part, Chris?
Speaker 2: Oh, I would have to say the campiness of Magneto, the mustache twirling. You know, it brings us back to the nostalgic era of the yesteryear.
Speaker 3: What is this the silver age you would age?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I loved yes, Scarlett Witch being whoopsie girl. See well my classes. I can't do anything without my glasses.
Speaker 5: It's also so funny how like easily things get resolved kind of like you know, it's just like here's a problem, we find a solution. Yeah, let's go to the next one. And it's just like, you know, it's such a funny. The way superheroes worked before is like, you know, there were so there were nothing. There was nothing like that we could compare, such a fantasy thing to escape to, So it was I love it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, well, thank you so much for joining us on the show. If people want to find you online on social media, where can they find you?
Speaker 4: Everything?
Speaker 5: TikTok, Instagram, Twitch, It's danger Marin M A R I N. That's my last name, and uh yeah. If you want to also play Marvel Rivals with me, come by the stream and we'll play. Because I love.
Speaker 2: Plank sweet and I think what I want to end on. Can you give us your favorite line of no more for Marvel Rivals.
Speaker 4: Those who oppose me shall be left to drown in my wake.
Speaker 3: Yes, Yes, that was so much fun.
Speaker 2: X Reads is recorded in the United States.
Speaker 3: Our theme music is written by Austin Wintrey.
Speaker 2: Please make sure to follow our podcast to be updated on when new episodes appear every first and third Wednesdays of the month.
Speaker 3: Follow us on social media at x reeds podcast That's the letter, x r ads Podcast on Twitter, Instagram, at Facebook. Thanks so much for listening. Bye,