Speaker 1: Ringy Live. I mean, iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Whap.
Speaker 1: This is I on the Ball with Steve Rivera and Jacob Salez on Fox Sports fourteen fifteen.
Speaker 3: Hey, welcome back to Iron the Ball here on Fox Sports fourteen fifty of Steve Rivera. He's Andy Brown and now we have Ryan with breaking news.
Speaker 1: This is I on the Ball Breaking news on Fox Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 2: All right, was starting with a little bit of news out of University Arizona. Arizona's carly Sis Narrows was named the Big twelve Volleyball Rookie of the Week. It's been been a good start for the Arizona Athletics in the Big twelve. Right, they had Offensive Player of the Week for soccer, and then of course we had t mac who was Offensive Player of the week. So that's three.
Speaker 3: Now, yeah, I think they swept. Didn't that volleyball team go Threno with their in their in their volleyball matches?
Speaker 2: Did you see what did you have to go over there?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 5: I didn't make over there. Now, okay, I have it on the schedule to make one. Are two of those?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 5: Second year right? Second year coach?
Speaker 2: Yeah, got some good recruits did I say, did I say player of the week or did I say Rookie of the week.
Speaker 3: Rookie of the week, Rookie of the week. So just for for newcomers, she's Is she a transfer? I think she's a transfer? Was she a freshman? I heard that she was very good coming into the season. Did she transferred from somewhere else? I think I could be wrong.
Speaker 5: Not seeing anything in the article.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's fine. Sticking with some news Arizona sports Kensey Fowler was inducted into the Arizona Sports Hall of Fame and former Stabbino standout now Pima Community College goalkeeper for soccer I Broke Valencia was named the a C c AC Division two Goalkeeper of the Week. Yeah cool went over Scottsdale last week, she had, Yeah, didn't you? Uh?
Speaker 3: There's more to that with the mckin the Fowler stuff. Did you go to the Hall of Fame?
Speaker 2: No? No, I didn't go to that. No.
Speaker 3: So so Andre iguod All was here and j T got in. So is Doc Porter.
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: I love Doc. Yeah, he's been. He's one of the great guys Rincon High School. Oh really, there you go?
Speaker 3: Him and his brother A very good people of good stuff. Rinc Oh, really tell me more Andy Brown, and Brown, Jesse.
Speaker 5: Parker, some guy named Reno homes like a baseball team.
Speaker 2: Oh he came out of Rincon two.
Speaker 3: There's a long list of Yeah, you're right when you can mention Andy Brown and Jesse Parker and and mister Artie Moreno in the same sentence. You know you're up in the tax bracket.
Speaker 2: Ye.
Speaker 5: Between the two of us, we own a baseball.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, between me and uh Damon, we own a final four.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, no, I think you were a part of a game. Did you ever score? Game?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 5: I score? How many points scored?
Speaker 2: Five?
Speaker 3: Five points? What was your high?
Speaker 2: Schimee?
Speaker 5: Two against both Michigan and un.
Speaker 3: So you can just go and before you met your wife, I'm sure you said, Hey, did you know that klid reason I combined for forty five points in a win over Michigan?
Speaker 2: Oh? Really? What'd you have?
Speaker 5: Two?
Speaker 3: Okay, it doesn't really matter. Didn't we combined for forty five points?
Speaker 5: I beat the other walk on on the other team.
Speaker 2: Right, we had a good time. Sorry, Ryan, good. It helps helps keep the flow going. Going switch over to the college right, college football Florida State. They've now dropped out of the top twenty five. After I start, I saw a video before the show saying that the season is probably over now for Florida State. That's the case.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this share probably opened up their playbook. They have to they have to run the table. I'm going to beat that today.
Speaker 3: You might have to, yeah, right, the two tables to get it. But sometimes Brian brought up the butterfly effect. I kind of believe in that too. So last year the butterfly was alive and floating. This year the butterfly is dead. Sometimes you have to give up good and then next year is bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, But they were on.
Speaker 5: Their horse for a while there at the end last year, and then I got in the Bowl game.
Speaker 3: I saw I saw a meme on face, Facebook or or Twitter, I can't remember, uhy Facebook. You know, this world, it just sucks. It's just it sucks. You know, just people saying, you know Andy Brown's this, any Brown's that stand so so that they already fired the FSU coaching deon your next baby, on your next.
Speaker 5: No, you think that's already starting.
Speaker 3: That's it was a fake one. I had to go to This is true. You know, you see something foolish like that, you go not have to go verify. It wasn't very it wasn't true. But I'm sure you know how it is. Anybody can create kind of something.
Speaker 5: Well, you know they're going to make the phone call. I mean, it's gotta happen. Somebody's got a call. Yeah, would you be interested in I can't have this conversation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got a call like this and we're talking. We're just kind of spending time with Ryan's time here. But back in nineteen eighty eight ish, I covered the football team that was my beat, and uh, I got a call from somebody before the pre internet. Blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: Got a call. Hey, I got a tip of you revert. Barry Switzer's in town. They're thinking about getting rid of tell me and bringing in Barry Switzer. And I think, okay, but guess what I had to do. You had to I had to make a call to what stupidity?
Speaker 5: Is there any legitimacy to the fact that Barry Switzer is?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Did you see Potito at the market the other day? He was at the market.
Speaker 5: As years later, I talked with.
Speaker 2: What's his name?
Speaker 3: Uh, youre telling me something truthful here. Yeah, I'm telling you something truthful.
Speaker 2: To guy.
Speaker 5: It's over at Kentucky right now.
Speaker 3: Oh uh no, Pope, he'll.
Speaker 5: Perry calla. Parry is on his way to Arizona at one point, and everybody said he was here shopping for houses. Yeah, and I can say that was probably correct, that he was gonna come to Arizona. And he had one phone call yet to take, and he said, if that's the phone call I think it is, I'll probably not come in Arizona.
Speaker 2: There you go, he's in Kentucky. Yeah. So he stayed.
Speaker 5: Ran into him at the Final Four in Detroit that year when he got the job, and he was everybody's kissing his rings and he was in the lobby of the hotel and we happened to catch him all by himself one day. Me and Jesse started pounding questions and he's like, yeah, but what about Josh. He goes, well, Josh has a job now he does.
Speaker 2: He's a Memphis Memphis right. Yeah.
Speaker 5: It was it was a good it was a good little chat.
Speaker 3: Well, my opinion, you spoke to the most overrated college basketball coach.
Speaker 2: He's a great recruiter in the last fifteen years at let him play. Okay, you could he did, you could do that. That's what he did in the last eight years. He got the best players because he was gonna send him to the NBA.
Speaker 3: Well see, I don't believe in that. There are the NBA players. They had to go somewhere.
Speaker 5: They had to do that for a year. They had to like, well, let's let's do it. AU team, we'll just play, We'll do a tour in the country.
Speaker 3: There's no there's no difference with Sean bringing some good players here. DeAndre wasn't he an NBA player when he was here?
Speaker 5: DeAndre was?
Speaker 3: Okay, yes, Trier kind of was, but then he kind of played himself out of it. But you know what I'm saying, they're just renting space here. Sure, because he had to if you.
Speaker 2: Have to, yeah, yeah, yeah, Okay, that's your job as a coach to keep him and make him play. Ben Now you have n I L money to do that, right, Well, that's what he's doing in Arkansas.
Speaker 5: Sure, all right? Ryango, all right?
Speaker 2: South south Point graduate. Uh take his name right, Lathan Raamson, Yeah, Safety south Point guy Point. He shined in the home opener for Ohio State this weekend at a twenty seven return twenty seven yard return excuse me on a fumble recovery for a touchdown. Yeah, he was out like he was.
Speaker 3: There was there was Robinson right, Ransom was kind of like second number two in the best players in that time. He's had a pretty good career at Ohio State. We'll see what happens after that. There's been some good You two soon and sometimes you guys show.
Speaker 5: Up sometimes, but they show up in other cities.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they show up with It's tough. It's tough to stay here.
Speaker 2: It just is. The kids want to leave, sure.
Speaker 5: I mean when I was, I wanted to leave, and I left and I came back.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, everybody wants to get away from Tucson. Tell that your way and then oh my god was great.
Speaker 3: And then you eventually come home and you come home and say, you know what I like living here? I do like living Yeah, well I didn't, Well you you you you leve you were Vegas.
Speaker 5: To go where I got.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 5: I went to South Dakota State my first year, such red shirted and walked on at South Dakota State.
Speaker 2: Why there, it's cold.
Speaker 5: My dad's Alma Mon and my family's from there. I got a chance to play for basketballs. I want to play basketball.
Speaker 2: What happened? It was cold, man, it's cold cold.
Speaker 5: It's just the day I was leaving, the coach from Pima said, hey, I got a scholarship for you. Want to play at PEMA. And I was like, well, i'll call you in six months. Let you know how I'm doing. And I called him in six months, said you still got that scottlarship for me? And I came home. Who's the coach, Mike wo yep, so that was my run when I came back.
Speaker 2: You had a nice little run. Local kid does well. They went to Vegas, Vegas. Yeah, it's tough.
Speaker 5: That's still paying off those bills. Yeah, but yep.
Speaker 2: It's too hot for Vegas. It's an ugly desert too here. But it's really hot there is that windy. It's ugly and windy.
Speaker 3: It's just go out at night when it's not ugly.
Speaker 5: No, that's why I move home.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, No, it's not good. We weren't raising kids and Vegas. No, no, no, go back to so On.
Speaker 2: Raise case. What else you got Ryan, Let's see got a story about out of the NFL. They estimated about thirty five billion dollars is expected to be bet on the NFL this season.
Speaker 3: M Oh yeah this weekend. Yeah, well not from here because they're not a sponsor anymore. Blood DraftKings.
Speaker 5: Five dollars just on NFL this season, a full season. How much of that is just the Super Bowl?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Maybe twenty percent of it? Wow, who knows? That's something?
Speaker 5: Well seven and Ali has its own program now about betting. Everybody has their own betting show, right, So it's become a big business, right, so tax it and let's build better schools.
Speaker 3: Or to give it to n I l Are you listening?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 5: And yeah, I gotta get a shout out to a friend of mine who just took over the athletic director job at Rincon High School.
Speaker 2: Lance. Oh really? Yeah? How was he?
Speaker 5: Lance is fifty something.
Speaker 3: So he's the son of son of Roland the Better.
Speaker 2: Okay, that family, that name is just huge, huge in the city.
Speaker 5: My coach at Rincon for a year year and a half.
Speaker 2: He's fifty ish.
Speaker 5: Yep, you're what fifty two Lances older than me, about fifty eight. Lance was a senior when I was there.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we're about fifty five.
Speaker 5: Okay, but he's doing good things, trying to turn the program around over there.
Speaker 3: So right right that side of town or is seaside.
Speaker 5: Right Rincon's in Middletown Broadway, grey Croft.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, okay, back in the day, I'm sure.
Speaker 2: That was he side. Yeah, east side.
Speaker 5: It's still considered east side. They have they also have UHS there, So you have UHS with the University high yeah, hen rin Kon. So there's twenty one hundred kids, so that puts them in level six or six A whatever they call it. They don't have the kids to play, right, so they're all the band is great, The band is really good. But football, they don't have enough kids. It's tough.
Speaker 3: No, it's for strange guys like Santa Rita and Palabodi and those.
Speaker 2: School all of them are small schools. Now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, six hundred people, seven hundred kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's tough. I don't know, Ryan.
Speaker 3: That's the last thing here is you're still on the clock, on the clock, like you're getting paid for this.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Sure. So the forty nine ers they just reached the deal with their star wide receiver Brandon Nyuk the other day They have now reached a deal with their star left tackle Fred Williams. They and the holdout. He signed a three year eighty two point six six million. That's it.
Speaker 5: How much is guaranteed?
Speaker 2: Twenty five?
Speaker 5: Twenty five?
Speaker 2: Yeah, twenty five guaranteed? Sorry for forty eighty eight is oh man to be a to be an athlete here?
Speaker 3: So we didn't say this at the beginning that so Arizona was number twenty, right, we said this the twenty but they're also eighteen. The coaches in the coaches poll r who they have to do to to get eighteen something? So far to state fell out and somebody else.
Speaker 5: Oh, I think Oregon didn't look so well in their home opener, right, but Idaho. So a lot of teams kind of slipped a little bit. So I think after this week I'll shake out.
Speaker 3: I think the fact that Arizona played so late because it ended about eleven ish. I think it was eleven ish. Uh no, so it's two thirty back back on the East side coast and the who's watching that game right in ESPN, So they just kind of looked at the box score and said, oh, look at that score. Okay, we'll vote from them, right, they didn't see the game style points. I brought the style points up to Byron Evans on the show on Saturday. He looked at me like, shut up, No one cares about style parts. I think they care about stole points.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so people like you know, people like you know me.
Speaker 3: I guess who aren't going to be able to watch the show, watch the game, and then kind of wake up in the morning and read the story.
Speaker 5: I mean the average fans. Style points are huge. Yeah, you want your team to win.
Speaker 3: Right, Well, look at Texas Tech. I'm sure there's big questions about them.
Speaker 5: Fifty to fifty one.
Speaker 2: Your wife is even saying, why are they playing them? What do you have to win?
Speaker 5: My daughter goes to school in Abilen, at another schools. She goes to McMurray in Abilen. There you go, Yeah, what is McMurray.
Speaker 2: I've never heard of it.
Speaker 5: It's a it's a private school.
Speaker 3: Okay, well look at you, mister big bucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Three. She got Christian, I mean Christian McMurray. And then Simmons.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because my my one of my best friends played baseball hard and Simmons.
Speaker 2: Very good player.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she got full ride though.
Speaker 2: Oh good. Good for you.
Speaker 5: It's not me. I'm not proud.
Speaker 2: Your wife be very bright. She is she is, so was my nine dollars. Yeah, okay, super, let's take a break and come back. We're gonna speak to Jeff Deaton.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: The Window Depot is more than a windows store. The Window Depot is a one softwarehouse with everything you need for your complete Homer model. Shop the aisles of pre built cabinets in a variety of colors, granite and courts, countertops, sinks, skylights, and hardware. To complete your project. Need a custom order, we can help. Our designers offer free design services and can special order everything you need for your kitchen or bathroom remodel today. Shop the Window Deepot dot com or find a location near you. The Window Depot more than a Windows store.
Speaker 3: Steve Rivera here to talk about Dorato Rock Materials. I needed a lot of gravel for my driveway, so I called Eric at Dorato Rock. He found out the amount and color I needed and boom, it was taken care of and at a great price. How do I know radio commercials work? I heard one of his on the radio. Dorato Rock Materials provides a wide range of landscaping materials including decator, rock, boulders, gravel, soil, and sand for residential and commercial use in the Tucson area. They are locally owned and have been around for more than fifteen years.
Speaker 2: Give them a call at five two zero four zero zero for two three three. Where do you buy exercise equipment?
Speaker 7: Arizona Health Arizona Health Arizona Health.
Speaker 8: Of course, to feel better and look better, it makes sense to buy your fitness equipment from the people who know it better than anyone else. At Arizona Health, our goal is to help you choose the equipment you need to reach your goals. Your health and fitness deserve the best you deserve. Arizona Health the leading edge and exercise equipment On twenty second just west of Wilmot.
Speaker 9: Did you know sports cards at Memorabilia are setting record sales last month of nineteen fifty two tops Mickey Mantle so for twelve point six million, Lebron James Rookie SO for five point six Also, collecting cards is a family fun hobby that can be very profitable. If you want to start a collection or expand your collection, check out Showtime Cards. They are one of the leading card shops in the country and have served our local community for twenty five years. They are located on e Speedway. That's show time cards.
Speaker 10: At Nova home Loans, we believe everyone deserves the opportunity to enjoy the independence that comes with home ownership. Paul Volpi is ready to help you find an option that best fits your needs, whether you're a first time or veteran home buyer or want to get cash out with the refinance. Nova has a variety of home loan programs to meet your unique situation. Visit voltpeteam dot com that's Volpe team dot com or called five two oh six eight five six two six today MLS three oh eight seven Arizona BKO nine two nine four two Equal Housing Opportunity now a commitment to Lyndrix syn Credit rates and available loan programs are subject to change with untice.
Speaker 11: It's awards season for summer sports leagues and time to look at trophies for baseball, softball, volleyball, and swimming seasons for youth and adult leagues. Summer has arrived and it's time to replenish your promotional products for your companies. Giveaways keep your employees looking great in fresh new apparel, polos and caps with your sharp looking logo. Creative Awards is here to serve your professional and promotional products needs. Visit their Creative Awards Idea center at two twenty eight West Drackman Street or visit them online at Creative awardsaz dot com.
Speaker 7: Got bugs, termites, bees, or rodents, Arizona Pest Control will hunt them down. Arizona Pest Control is your complete desert pest management specialist tests can't run or hide from Arizona Pest Control. They use only the latest and most technologically advanced methods of pest elimination available, which minimizes the effects on the environment. Let Arizona Pest Control get rid of your bad bugs, termites, bees, or rodents serving Tucson and Southern Arizona since nineteen forty seven. Go to azpest dot com to schedule your free evaluation today.
Speaker 3: Selling your home want to get more money for it? Will Danny Roth can help you. He told me about as you Flip the Home you Own program. The program allows for a homeowner to fix up their home to sell without using any of their own money. They will be able to sell the home for a much higher price. Danny Roth with Omni Holmes International, is real estate consultant in Tucson that offers this program. He has consistently been the top agent in Tucson for the last thirty years and has sold over ten thousand, five hundred homes. For more information on this program or just buying our selling at home of Danny Roth at five to zero four nine zero four thousand.
Speaker 1: Breaking down all the excess at all. It's Steve Rivera and Jacin Salmas. This is I on the Ball on Fox Sports fourteenth.
Speaker 3: Hey, welcome back to Iron the Ball Here on Fox Sports fourteen fifteen. I'm Steve Riverta and today is Andy Brown. And now on the phone, we have Jeff Dean, the Arizona football and men's basketball PA announcer. You know the voice, Jeff.
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 4: I'm great Steve and Andy. How you guys doing today? Beautiful Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Today We're doing really well. Thank you.
Speaker 3: How is your You just starting your seventh or did you finish your seventh year?
Speaker 4: This is the beginning of my seventh year for football. This will be the beginning of my thirteenth. This will be my thirteenth year for basketball. When we do the Red Blue show, okay, coming up in October.
Speaker 3: You are a cagey veteran in basket. I didn't realize that was that long. How it probably never gets old for you because you continue to do it and you do a great job of it.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you. I appreciate that. And you know, I as long as as long as I'm doing what I love, I'm going to continue to do it. And I don't see me falling out of love with the programs or the fans, or the players, the coaches, anybody the atmosphere anytime soon. So uh yeah, I shouldn't. I shouldn't be going anywhere by my own by my own admission. That's it, that's for sure, especially when you got so much excitement happening like what we saw on Saturday night at Arizona Stadium with that that quarterback and wide receiver tandem that we've got.
Speaker 2: Right, So your question, I want to know, how did you get into it? Jah?
Speaker 5: How does that you know, your audition for that spot that you do and then run us through that process? How does one get involved in that?
Speaker 2: Started? Yeah? You know?
Speaker 4: So yeah, so it was thirteen years ago and Arizona Basketball opened up there, you know, basically open auditions for the for a new PA announcer, and I didn't even I didn't even put my name in the in the audition hat. I had a friend actually, who also does PA for a college college sports. He contacted the UFA and said, Hey, I know a guy who would be perfect for you, and it just kind of things just kind of snowballed from there. I sent an audition CD to them back when we had these things called compacts that people would listen to, and I sent them a CD and Greg Byrne and Sean Miller liked what they heard and brought me in for a live audition, and then a couple of weeks later they notified me that they got the job. So I did that for six years and Greg he constantly asked me if I could be the PA announcer for football, and I kept telling him no, no, you know, because as a season ticket I've been a season ticket holder for twenty one years for Arizona football, and that's kind of like my church. I really love going to the games as a fan. So I'd always tell Rank some you know, outlandish number that he would have to pay me in order to get me to be at the ann aunswer. He just tapped me on the shoulder and so have a nice season, enjoy the games. And uh, but everything changed with with with Dave heikey and and uh you know, Dave ended up kind of just you know, offer me a lot of a lot of perks and things like that. Not a whole lot of money, but a lot of perks that go along with with with doing the football job. And and I gladly snatched it up.
Speaker 3: So you said, not a lot of money. So I was already gonna blame you for the deficit, Jeff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, they wouldn't if if if my numbers fell off the books, they probably wouldn't even notice. I'll just put it that way.
Speaker 2: So let me ask you.
Speaker 3: So you're a big fan obviously, and people here who listen to the show know that I used to be a fan of sports a long time ago.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 3: I mean, I probably grew out of it because it's my job now. You know, you talk about it, you do it, you go to game, and eventually the wind wears off. Has it has it worn off for you? Or or what level of fan are you?
Speaker 4: You know, I'm still a heart fan every single day, you know, I still grow, you know, grow stronger and stronger, it feels like, you know, every day, because when you work for the teams, you end up developing relationships with people, and you know, a lot of those relationships kind of branch out, you know. You know, I developed a pretty good friendship with Sean Miller and his staff, and even though they're they're in Cincinnati now at Xavier, I still talk to him and his staff from time to time and his family and things like that, wish him happy birthdays and merry Christmases and all that stuff, and it just kind of broadens your horizons a little bit. I think it keeps you from being a really myopic fan. I think it allows you to kind of expand your view somewhat when you when you get to meet these people and know them and learn that you know, they're just they're just regular people like you know me. They just happen to have somewhat of a high profile job in a in a very very mercurial type of you know, work that they do. And so if it's just kind of allowed me to see that there are real people doing these jobs, real people, you know, the coaches, the players, everybody is just a real person and they just should be treated as such. But it hasn't changed my fandom at all. I still bleed red and blue.
Speaker 3: So you've been doing football for seven years. We'll talk about maybe besketball on the other end, but seven years, I think this is going to probably be or you could tell me the best team that you'll be announcing about.
Speaker 2: It's very apparent. I think, yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, obviously last year's team was pretty darn good as well. I mean that finished in the Alamo Bowl was really impressive, and that was it was a very impressive collection of players, and it's really nice to see this year the leadership that rose from within the player group basically making that dedication to the city of Tucson and saying we came here to make a difference in the city of Tucson, not for a specific coach. We ca here to make our mark on the city of Tucson, and we intend on on doing that and we're you know, we're not going to be satisfied until we do.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 4: I think that's kind of what you're seeing from some of the leaders on this team, which is really really special to see. You don't get to see that very often in this day and age in college football. So seeing guys rise up like that and and make it known that that that's their goal, that's that's really really special. And I think this team has has a lot of special qualities about it that are very similar to that.
Speaker 3: So, you know, seven years, and you went through someone for three uh jet for three?
Speaker 2: Right? Is that right?
Speaker 12: For someone?
Speaker 2: Was your first year or rich Ruth?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Someone someone's first year and my first year were the same first year.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Good, Well, see that's where you that's where you suffered for three years. And now you're reaping there you are. Now you're reaping the rewards. You know always and there's always good bad, there's always good. Uh So your your love and I was going to go somewhere with this. Oh so now you go through three coaches and you kind of really probably don't deal with the coach is you probably deal with the new ads And there's a lot in store right for the for the program. Now, I mean there's they're doing DJs with things and monitors and all that. How busy are you with all the changes or do you are you affected?
Speaker 4: Yeah? You know as part of the team, the marketing team that goes on on game days and tries to put on the show for the fans, for the you know, the forty to fifty five thousand fans that show up at Arizona Stadium. You know, we're all a part of a team together. It's the game day experience and and I'm just a small part of that. And now I just happen to be the most tenured member of that situation. Uh, there's been a lot of turnover this this offseason in the marketing department and the game day experience department and Desiree read France while of course getting the job as the athletic director and bringing a lot of her people from Missouri with her, and they're a lot of their great experience that they had at Missouri and in the SEC and and some of the expertise and fun things that they brought with them are now being introduced. And so it's a nice wrinkle. And you know, there's there's change that happens every year when you work in this in this environment. A lot of change happened this year. But I think where, you know, the direction that they're going is is in the right direction. I know, their hearts and their their brains are in the right place, and if they can just take a little time for for everyone to kind of work together, kind of feel things out. And also you want to feel some of the feedback from the fans too. You know, they sent out surveys right away after the game to all the fans that attended the game to see what what they liked but they didn't like, and they're going to listen to them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she said that maybe a week or so ago, that she's big into those surveys and she pays attention to a lot of what people are saying because they're spending their money to go to these events.
Speaker 5: Very smart. Absolutely, Yeah, you want feedback from your clients, from your customers, right, so you got to ask, Yeah, I got to ask. Otherwise they call in the air showing.
Speaker 3: And they complained, Right, you don't want them to do that. I want to say that said, mister Dedon, did you you had a show in the morning. I'm sure you loved it. I wouldn't like the six o'clock wake up calls, but you know you missed that.
Speaker 4: In some ways, I do. In some ways, I don't. You know. It was a nice retirement after, you know, I worked in radio for twenty four years before I retired last June. And you know, I still do voice work and things like that. I just don't host a radio show anymore. And it was great doing the morning show, but because of the business that I run up here in Phoenix on a daily basis, I'm working every night until nine thirty or ten o'clock at night, So it was really difficult to work that split shift. Be up at four four thirty in the morning to prep for the radio show, kind of work somewhat throughout the day, take a three or four hour nap in the middle of the day, and then get up and go back to work again. It was it was just a little bit too taxing. And you know, thankfully I was able to make a somewhat graceful exit I think, and still able to be a part of the community down there in Tucson, which I love because that's where I'm from originally. I was born there in my family's from there. Just happened to live and work up here in Phoenix.
Speaker 3: Okay, where'd you go to school? Did you go to school here locally? At high school?
Speaker 4: No, we moved. We moved up to Phoenix when I was when I was somewhat younger, but because I went to Dobson High School up here of it, but family lived down there. I still have family lived that lived down there in Tucson. So I'm there all the time and have been for the last forty plus years.
Speaker 3: So are you brave enough to do what Jake Fisher and some of the rest of the guys do up there? Where are you a apparel and take crap from people?
Speaker 4: You know? We we when when when Sean when Sean Miller and I would, you know, would laugh about it and stuff, because you know, Sean was was very you know a lot of people don't know you know, just how you know, gracious and giving a man he was. When I got the PA job, they sent me about fifteen hundred dollars worth of apparel to where and they said, we want you to always be repping ABR and uh and so he and I would always talk about that and He's like, you a b are And I said, A b R and always be repping. So yeah, I wear I wear you have a gear as often as I can up here in Phoenix, And yeah, you hear it from from the fans and touch here. But they don't have much of a leg to stand on as it is right now, so it's kind of fun.
Speaker 5: For us, right right. I remember running to Greg Burn at the Final four in one year and we didn't have our Arizona gear on it, and he gave us a rash of crap. What are you guys doing? I don't see one block A on any of y'all. What are you doing? And from then on, I'm always repper.
Speaker 2: A b R.
Speaker 3: Now I put on that you are, tell me I'm not repping.
Speaker 5: You always be representing your school.
Speaker 2: A b R.
Speaker 3: Okay, I didn't know I'm in the in the vernacular, A y P, K y P know your people come you know that one.
Speaker 5: That's what that's Lott said, K y P know your people? Yeah, don't pass it to the walk in the corner.
Speaker 2: You know he's open. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So so you so you come down every game? Do you be here Saturday? What are you looking forward to here on Saturday? The improvement? I'm sure we'll give me your evaluation of the first game.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, I mean, you really can't say much more than what what Tedoro McMillan did on Saturday night. I mean, he said all kinds of records. He's the he's the ap player of the week in all of college football. The entire country almost had five touches. He was literally twelve inches away from a fifth touchdown on Saturday night, and you know, made some spectacular catches even that landed him out of bounds and such. But you really can't say enough about about the job that he does. And and now the rest of the team is going to have to rise to the occasion as well, because the entire country now knows number four. I mean if if they if they didn't know before for whatever reason, they definitely know now. So it's going to be on you know, on the other ten guys on that offense and then that huddle with him to step up and rise to a new level to meet him and to match his his intensity and his his skill level, because and it is impressive and fun to watch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no question. The only thing that I had a concern about was the defense. Obviously they'll try to get that fixed and we'll see what happens.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's a you know, tackling is one of those things that you always see that's that's a downfall for a lot of teams in their first week of college football, and you also see guys at a position. We saw some of that on Saturday night there was on a stadium, and unfortunately, we did see a lot of you know, extra curricular stuff that occurred after the whistle was blowing, which completely unnecessary and I'm sure that'll get cleaned up as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you brought up Sean and basketball. Let's go to Tommy. Two very different personalities, at least in my eyes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for sure, very very very different personalities. Sean was one percent business all the time. When Shawn and I would have breakfast, lunch, or dinner, we talked about basketball. I mean that's there was literally and he would ask me questions like, who do you think is the greatest shooter to ever play at? You have a who's the greatest player ever? You have a you know, who's your favorite player? I mean, there was just NonStop basketball talk. And Tommy is very different. Tommy takes a different approach, and Tommy is probably most certainly more liked by his players than Sean was because of the kind of personality and you know, Tommy's got that big, one million dollar smile and he's just a lot of fun to be around it, and I really really enjoy working with Tommy Lloyd.
Speaker 3: Right, he's just one of the dudes, I think at least. But I think you describe Sean pretty accurately, and you you were probably one of the many or one of the few very few that got close to him because he didn't have a circle that he allowed in.
Speaker 4: No, he really didn't. And they, you know, they tested me early. It was kind of funny. They they sent me some tests early to see if I was somebody that was going to be trustworthy, and apparently I passed the test. And then after that it was it was open arms. And you know, Sean and his family treated me as well as as you can treat anybody. They invited me over to their home. You know, just just wonderfully, wonderfully you know, kind and generous and giving people. And I do miss the Miller family, but you know, things, things you know live on here in Tucson, and I am so happy to have Tommy Lloyd and his family here. And it's it's you know, it's an exciting time to be an Arizona basketball fan. The time. I think I'd be an Arizona sports fan regardless of what sport you're rooting for.
Speaker 3: Totally get you, because the Big Twelve is going to be fun. I was I was talking to somebody over the weekend or yes yesterday, I said, if you have basketball tickets, more power to you, because it's going to be fun whether you win or lose. But it's gonna set them up for March. At least you assume that, right, because then it takes some lungs.
Speaker 2: But be ready.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, you would hope, so, you would hope so. And I think I think they'll be ready for March. And and it may be even more ready for March this time with me with you know, as you mentioned, the the increased level of play in the Big Twelve from top to.
Speaker 3: Bottom right right, Well, yep, thank you very much, appreciate your time.
Speaker 4: My pleasure, fellas. Thank you very much. Enjoy the enjoy the game Saturday night, Enjoy the rest of the season. I'm sure we'll be talking to you real soon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we will, Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: That's Jeff Dean, the voice inside voice of the stadiums near you.
Speaker 2: Thanks Jeff.
Speaker 3: If you're an Arizona men's basketball fan, you know it's been successful for nearly forty years now take a look back at the Ludolsen era in my new book, Lessons from Loot. It was a labor of love through the eyes of twenty five former players, coaches and friends to give insight to the coach and the man who led them, competed against them, and inspired them. Twenty five chapters for his twenty five years as Arizona's beloved coach. Lessons from Lut is an insight to how he built the program into a national powerhouse. Want one Email me at Steve dot Rivera ninety five at gmail dot com.
Speaker 12: Hi, this is formal while get lemanhnally with Arizona Health. Imagine how home GM can change your health, your comfort, and your ticking. Arizona Health is everything you need to transform.
Speaker 2: Your personal space in your life.
Speaker 12: We off a complete line of cardio machines, multi gms and freeway equipment. I'll certify fitness experts and technicians will set you up with the right equipment and training to get you started to keep you going. Visit our shure room today at twenty second in Wilmot. Arizona Health the lead edge and exercise equipment.
Speaker 11: What's your goal a new career or career advancement. How about transferring to a four year college. PEMA Community College can help you make Someday today and reach your goals affordably on your schedule. With over one hundred programs to choose from in financial laid available, It's time to earn the degree or certificate you need to prepare for the career you want. PEMA offers free career exploration classes so you can choose the field that's right for you. Learn how at PMA dot edu slash someday.
Speaker 13: Ready to save but not sure where to begin? Take the Pyramid Bedroom Credit Union ten thousand dollars saving challenge and will guide you along the way. It's save five hundred dollars over six months as a member and you could win big. Watch your savings grow to help you reach goals like buying a car, owning a home and more. Visit Pyramid FCU dot com slash ten k challenge to get started today. Been really insured and CUA? Do you want to be part of a winning team?
Speaker 2: A team?
Speaker 9: Security is looking for friendly, outgoing event security guards and event staff to be a part of our team. We've been providing our outstanding services to some of Arizona's biggest sporting events and concerts.
Speaker 2: For over twenty years.
Speaker 7: We want you to join the Action.
Speaker 9: A Team offers a fun and exciting opportunity to work in the sports and entertainment industry, with flexible schedules that are perfect for those looking for a part time job or a second income. Come be a part of a winning team the A Team. Apply online today at a team security dot net.
Speaker 1: Streaming live on the iHeartRadio app. This is I on the Ball with Steve Ravera and Jacin Salez on Sports fourteenth day.
Speaker 3: Hey, welcome back to Eye on the Ball. Here, I'll Fox Sports fourteen fifty. I'm Steve Rivera, He's Andy Brown. Got a guy Ryan with us for the next fifteen minutes. If you guys want to call, please do five to zero four one, six seventy four forty. What were your impressions of the game on the weekend. I thought it was closer than it should have been. But he do I know, I think Andy would agree with me. Ryan Wood two, yes, yes, sure, yeah.
Speaker 2: And yeah. And you do you watch a game or what do you do? What do you do? I'm saying watch a game as a fan or watch go YouTube stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, No, we're watching people and low of traffic and people in and out and lines and.
Speaker 2: What about that? Dude? What about that? Dude?
Speaker 5: Not so much of that? Which is where where the hot spots are? Well, what's happening? Who's getting on and off? Where the referees at all that stuff? Getting the game, getting the guys on and off the field? Right, Yeah, where are the hotspots? Where's the problems?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Uh? You know we have medical calls, we have this call, we have So you were here for the do you work the loot? You're not here? You were? Did you have time to speak to Sean? Oh much?
Speaker 3: No, he didn't have he you know, we were going out, he says, Steve.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. I didn't spend a whole lot of time with you. So you did.
Speaker 3: You're not here for me, You're not here for me. He's such a good dude, and he's he's kind of a ghost here. He doesn't really come back all too often.
Speaker 2: But you know, the.
Speaker 3: Local kid did very well. Yeah, still looks like he could play. And Kenny Kenny, Yeah, Kenny's little gimpy. Yeah, you know, he's a little guy. I guess they played a lot of golf there. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I guess Kenny's pretty good. Sean was saying, yeah, he said he did, took two buckets of what bads.
Speaker 5: Yea, all guys look great. Man Williams looks like.
Speaker 2: He's still playing. Yeah he does.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: He had an knee operation not too long ago, but he still does look like that.
Speaker 2: You know. Joe Turner's Joe Turner. Uh and the rest of them.
Speaker 3: Reggie, of Coursegie, I'm the only guy that looks like can't play anything. But you're you stand your lady, baby, You're the you're the you're the defender, you're the protector.
Speaker 5: And that guy that go in and get the five minute roughing penalty.
Speaker 3: Right right, Yeah, he got thrown out. It doesn't matter. He won't play next week.
Speaker 2: It's okay. But now they know not to pick on our star player, right right, he's the enforcer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, okay again, if you want to call in five to two oh four, one, six, seventy four forty uh. Yeah, you've been running your ad. I'm very very grateful to you. Any I'm sure you get a lot of I'm not sure to see a lot you get some feedback from that because you're you're you have a big staff, a lot of people.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we always hear you all. How do you hear about So? I heard you on the radio. Okay, I know you're the only guy I've ever done.
Speaker 2: Oh great, great radio you Yeah.
Speaker 5: People listening to show.
Speaker 2: Cool, that's good to know.
Speaker 5: Beep listen to your show.
Speaker 3: Well, thanks mom, Thanks Dan. No, no, good because you're you're. I always at a concert over on Friday and you guys are everywhere.
Speaker 2: It was at the five. Yeah, uh, you know some guys in my age, younger.
Speaker 5: Whatever Montgomery Gentry on Friday, wasn't.
Speaker 2: That Yeah, Montgomery Gentry.
Speaker 5: Good show that we're at the Fox, got the Ava down the Desert Diamond. We do a little bit.
Speaker 3: You're the You're not the only game in town, are you.
Speaker 5: No, there's a couple of there's. There's plenty of work in town.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But you have a lot of places to go, people to see. Ariz a little ball, I sue, Yes, there was a little bowl, golf tournament, rodeo. Come. Yeah. It's good to be Andy Brown.
Speaker 5: It's good to be busy. It's good to be busy. Yeah you were.
Speaker 2: Was it tough for COVID.
Speaker 5: No, we just shifted focus on COVID. We did non event stuff and really security is always going to be there.
Speaker 3: I mean you were you were you were COVID resistant.
Speaker 5: Yes, wow, we were pretty It took us about six seven weeks to get back, but yeah, we we We kept everybody employed. We took the PPP a loan like everybody, like it was supposed to do, and in eight weeks we had flipped around our business model and go back to work.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Nice eight team.
Speaker 3: Of course, if you guys, if you guys want to try to get a job that they have to.
Speaker 2: Do, just go online a team security dot net and they fill an application right there.
Speaker 5: We're actually interviewing this week.
Speaker 2: What do you look for? What's what's you look for?
Speaker 5: Friendly people, people that want to be out and about and deal with people.
Speaker 2: That's what we do. We deal with people.
Speaker 3: It's funny that you say that, because I don't think enough people know that we're in a world where it's a people business.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 3: We're in the people business. Yeah, absolutely, you know, don't be a jerk and you'll be okay.
Speaker 5: And ninety nine percent of the people coming in our events want to be there. There have a good times, right, So right, we're just tell them here's the rules and have a good time. Yeah you do pretty good?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, cool?
Speaker 3: What else is going on? You can't wait for basketball?
Speaker 5: Basketball? I can wait a little bit. I'd like to get a little football in and when football gets about halfway through that I'm ready for.
Speaker 3: Well, you're not going to be busy after this weekend. There's like three weeks for weeks before we come to come back. Right then we go to the games.
Speaker 5: We're going to take some I think we're gonna take a mini vacation. We're gonna have to San Diego.
Speaker 3: Yea, yeah, last time I saw you and or talk to you in San.
Speaker 5: Diego, that was the first game.
Speaker 2: It was the first game two years ago. This week. Actually you were a little tipsy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we were doing we were doing the brewery tour.
Speaker 3: The brewery toy that's the San Diego games.
Speaker 2: Er, what are you doing?
Speaker 5: I gotta go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was when we were at del Mar. You were calling it.
Speaker 5: That was fun trip. So we're gonna go back there in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: You were you were at the Final four again this year. Because you've been to a few, I don't like it. I don't like that situation.
Speaker 2: I don't like that.
Speaker 5: It's like Houston. Same thing. We're back to as.
Speaker 3: An Indian Indianapolis, which is a good, nice venue, great there. San Antonio and New Orleans.
Speaker 5: Yes, I agree, those are the top three. I don't know what to compete.
Speaker 3: With them because everything is walking distance. It's centralized. You can have fun here, go here, go there, no problem.
Speaker 5: In the in the fans, the team. I say that the people of that city want.
Speaker 3: You there, right they were used to having you there.
Speaker 5: That's the biggest thing is the Houston. We got the feeling that nobody really wanted us there.
Speaker 3: They did they actually know you were there.
Speaker 2: They just kind of like, oh, well, we're gonna close at ten, Like, well there's fifty thousand people rolling out of that stadium right now.
Speaker 5: You sure you want to stay open for a couple of.
Speaker 2: Right now, we're done.
Speaker 3: But it was kind of I say, when they were in New York and then and then the game was in New Jersey at the stadium out there, uh, knowing you that the final founts there, it's just like, okay, it's Tuesday.
Speaker 5: Well you know on the PAC twelve was in Vegas. There were three other conferences at the same time, you know, and then on top of that, there were kids playing volleyball tournaments, like what are you what are you guys here for?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Have volleyball tournament?
Speaker 3: Yeah right, right, Well the thing at Vegas it was one place, one cent. I loved it when it was a GM.
Speaker 5: Well they got the final four bend you see that, right, going in twenty thirty something. Oh yeah, hopefully I'm alive then. Yeah, but they got it. So it'll be in Vegas.
Speaker 3: And that'll be crazy. That'll be crazy. Well did you just have a Super Bowl?
Speaker 2: Did you go? No? I did not go.
Speaker 3: What did you live when you're in Vegas?
Speaker 5: I lived Henderson, right on Vergia, Henderson and in Vegas.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: When you come trying to get out of town, you go on that road right, the Green Valley Ranch. Yeah, yep, yeah, we look at you lotty die are you?
Speaker 5: Yeah? So I moved out there. I lived the first two years in by campus, in a little apartment that was not in the best sport of town.
Speaker 2: Oh you just sleeping.
Speaker 5: So my wife, my wife came down when we got married. We moved out to the suburbs. And the first thing we did was get robbed. Oh really kicked in the back do where it took all that stuff. Wow, we moved to the suburbs to get ribbed. Wow, Like that's just not so savand place.
Speaker 2: So really so that was not good. In the house new house, kicked in the back door. We weren't there month.
Speaker 3: Wow, how bit you?
Speaker 2: That feels like obviously a violation.
Speaker 5: Like a phone call. My wife's like, there's the it's we've been robbed, and I'm like I'll be right there. So the TV goes everything that was our Vegas story.
Speaker 2: You can't win. You can't win in Vegas.
Speaker 5: No, no, you can't. Well you got you get the experience. You get life experiences, and they teach you how to be aware. Sure, be around, what's look for your shoulder.
Speaker 2: The security needed some security moving what's going on to catch them? No? No, yeah, that's tough.
Speaker 5: They can they probably they theorized it was the construction workers because it's brand new built and there was nobody behind us yet, and so it was a big boot print on the door and an ear print on every window where they went and listened to see it. You're home and then there's a footprints all the way around and.
Speaker 2: Their home is he Matt Locke murder.
Speaker 5: She wrote, Oh we put screen put those heavy duty iron doors on those screen doors after that and on the windows.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a day late day late in the big screen TV short.
Speaker 2: We were naive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's too bad.
Speaker 2: That's too bad.
Speaker 3: We've talked about this before because Vegas is the capital. What your favorite places were people.
Speaker 2: To see.
Speaker 5: Entertainment was because you worked them. Yeah, we worked a lot of them. So you know, Garth Brooks is one of them. He's the entertainment guru. The guys that put on great shows, they're still around. It was sad for me to see Steve and Tyler retire. Basically well cook but he was a great entertainer. Those bands that are still around now that were around thirty forty years ago are still the guys you want to see.
Speaker 3: Did you see the Stones have not? Because they were up there my birthday, I was up there.
Speaker 5: They were there. There was a big event and people were going to that. It was I think it was graduation maybe in May May, wasn't it so May. There was a bunch of people that went up there the night before and then had to work graduation. Yeah, those are those are the people I like to see.
Speaker 2: Who you said Garth and you said who else? Tyler Garth? Yeah, Errol Smith's of the world. I like to see like Stapleton, I'd like to see one of his. Good Kenny Chesney was on a great show. But you did a mostly you know v which you call it.
Speaker 5: Tam Thomas, Max Center. The big shows out at the Stadium with George Straight those were fun Stadium, Stadium, the Sam Boyd State so doing those were great, Grateful Dead three days of Grateful Dead and just an amazing people watching amazing.
Speaker 2: The Aroma was probably crazy.
Speaker 5: It was a little righte sometimes. And then following them was the was a group called the called Fish kind of the same knockout. And then as when Jerry died, they called themselves the Others, so it wasn't grateful that it was just called the others. So they toured for quite a bit.
Speaker 3: Did you know did you know you had to have known mister Bill Walton. Yes, do you have a story of two because.
Speaker 5: Bill and I worked a camp in Vegas together. It was put on by Bank of America and we were going around kids talking about basketball, and h kid got a basketball Bank America on it, and so he used me and we went around town. He used me as the guinea pig, like he would show like post mooves and he would put me on this defense and he give me a little crap because I was an Arizona guy. And so he's like, they only teach you how to play defense down there, right at least going at and I'm like, I don't want to hurt the guy, like he has no ankles and no knees and he's shooting shots over me, and I'm just kind of letting him do it, and so he keeps He just I was that was my role, So I'm staying in the lane.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: So about the third day I was done. I was like, know what, I'm taking it to him. So I might have played him a little rough and maybe bumped him a little and hit him on the elbow and made him miss a couple of shots. And afterwards he was like, seeing, I told you, I know they taught you there, So I just had to get it out of you. He was a great guy.
Speaker 2: He was.
Speaker 5: I would sit and listen to him all day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, he's great at his inspirational speech speeches.
Speaker 5: He got a little a little different at the end. I mean when I knew him, when I talked to him, it was twenty five years ago.
Speaker 2: Right, right, he was. He was more under control. Is that the right price? He was more straightforward in his approach.
Speaker 5: He wasn't so far off to one way.
Speaker 2: Or the other in the silane. Yeah, yeah, I just got to be his stick. Oh yeah, yeah, he knew. That's why he ran, no question.
Speaker 3: In fact, when he passed, I had a conversation with Luke who about him, because Luke had written the forward for my book, And I said, you know, look, at the end of the day, we all loved him, and I think we appreciate you and nothing he had a choice because you allowed and the kids allowed him to be shared. And because everybody knew Bill, whether you liked him or didn't like him, you knew who he was and and and and that takes a lot of time from the kids, if that makes any sense. You know, my dad had Dad liked that too, and animal like that too. Everybody kind of knew them and and hey, share they're fun, They're fun to be with. I can tell you stories about them. Uh, And he appreciated that because did you watch his special? Yes, what a fantastic special. I recommended it all the time because it was it was to the point he was who he was serious wise, as.
Speaker 5: Much as he heads with Wooden. Yeah, he quotes that guy all the time and gives him so many attributes or so many first credit for the stuff that he learned.
Speaker 2: Do you still have your dad? Yes? Your dad?
Speaker 3: So was he a pain on the neck dad?
Speaker 2: No? So neither was I.
Speaker 3: But but if he had been, you appreciate your dad when they are because you get you turn into a dad, right, sure, and you become your dad says you know you're gonna like me at the end, but maybe not right now.
Speaker 5: No, I remember getting yelled at a few times, but not pushed. Not one of those dads where I had to be the next best thing, right, yeah, whatever I did. I'm not one of those helicopter.
Speaker 2: Parents, but neither was I.
Speaker 5: So that's it's nice to see your kids going and become successful in what they do and knowing you gave him a little better, right, and some and some advice.
Speaker 3: And you won't know until until you know, No, you know, yeah, we.
Speaker 5: Can't make great decisions and that's all you can help.
Speaker 2: Right, right.
Speaker 3: It's funny because my son, my son, my oldest, is in the communications world, maryln and then he's a heck of a writer, much better than me. And I'm sure he won't admit it, but there was some kind of me and him at some point. Yeah yeah, And he won't say that, but if you're listening, yeah yeah, you won't know. Okay, Hey, thanks for joining us. Be back tomorrow. Thanks a bunch to Brian Peterson and to Jeff Deane. We'll see you guys tomorrow.