Speaker 1: You're listening to episode seventy five of GameSpot After Dark. This week, Jean Luke shares his early thoughts on hip Man three. We discuss some of our favorite games we played over the holidays, and we dig into the fake Cyberpunk twenty seventy seven rumors. Hello and welcome to episode seventy five of GameSpot After Dark, or twenty five away from one hundred. Can you believe that this is also the second year or the third year we started this in twenty nineteen. We did this through dout twenty twenty, and that's twenty twenty one, So games Would after Dark now spans three years, not three years entirely, but we have been a thing for three different years. But anyway, joining me today is Tomorrow Hussein. Hello everyone, Jean Lukesiki, how do you? And Jordan Remay glad to be here. Thank you all for joining me. Today is a little weird. Normally we record this show on Wednesday, but yesterday shit kind of went crazy in the United States. A lot of people are scared. There was a lot of frankly frightening stuff that happened. Now, I've been thinking a lot about how to talk about this on the podcast, even if we should talk about this on the podcast, because I do realize that, you know, a lot of people tune into game Spot after dark, checkout GameSpot stuff in order to get their mind off a lot of this stuff that happens. And if youar not, we will be talking a lot about games today. But I just wanted to bring that up and just remind people help out those in need, be an ally to those who need it, stay safe. I mean, there's still a pandemic going on. Numbers are the worst they've ever been in the United States especially, There's a lot of scary stuff going on, and we want to we want to make sure we're at least a part of that conversation in some way, and we want to support those who need it.
Speaker 2: And lift each other up. There's time when, for various reasons, people need to support each other. You probably have friends and family around you that are hurting for one reason or another. Take that anger, see if you can try and convert into something productive, See if you can nourish others with it. Let people lean on you and lean on others.
Speaker 1: Right now exactly very well said you too, And now it's probably a good time to talk to family members about what's going on, though you may not see eye to eye with because I mean, what happened yesterday was a disgrace, and there's been a lot of things that have happened recently in the last year that have been a blight on this country. There's been a disgrace, but I mean it kind of hit a I don't want to say it hit a breaking point because there's so much terrible shit that happened last year, but now's the time. I mean, things need to change, and I think people are aware of that, so do your part. But like I said, also stay safe because there's still a pandemic going on. But anyway, with that out of the way, I do want to go over some plans for twenty twenty one for the podcast. I think a big thing we're going to try to do is get more guests on this show. It's something we did a lot when we started, but we're kind of going back to that, but we're doing it with a different frame of mind. So the idea right now is to alternate guests from outside of GameSpot every other week, so we should be seeing a lot of new and fresh faces on this show. The other thing I want to try to do is I want to try to get some smaller creators on the show, people you may have not heard of, in order to get different opinions, different perspectives, and maybe hopefully introduce you to other great podcasts, great content, whatever it might be, because there's a lot of great stuff out there that we want to share. But don't worry. The core cast of people, the people you see here, the people like Callie, Lucy and whatnot, are still going to be regulars on this show. But things will shift when we get other guests on. I think I can say next week Gav Murphy from RKG will be joining us, which is exciting.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: I just said we want to get smaller creators on, but he's someone who've been trying to get for a very long time.
Speaker 2: He sent me a message and he's like, I'm up for this, and I said, oh, Jake's going to reach out and he goes, yeah. I spoke to him. I got a question thought, do I need to wear clothes?
Speaker 1: And I was like, nah, you, I mean yeah, people can wear whatever they want on the show because we don't do video. I mean, we have videos so we can talk to each other.
Speaker 2: But you know, Gav's a little filthmonga.
Speaker 1: But I think that covers the big topics of the podcast I want to talk about today. But with that said, we kind of left off last week talking about what games we plan on playing over the break, So why don't we get into that two more? Do you want to start? What did you get into over the break? What'd you play? Anything stand out? So?
Speaker 2: I played like a I spent a lot of time not doing anything and like kind of just disconnecting a bit, which was nice. And then I kind of packed everything or tried to pack as much as I could into like two days before we came back, and I watched all of Mandalorian, which is great.
Speaker 1: Did that in a day? Two?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I watched. Main thing I watched that really stuck with me is an Apple Plus here. It is called ted Lesso, which is Jason Sudekis, and it's fantastic. It's twenty minutes to thirty minutes per episode. Got former people, one person specifically that worked on Scrubs, which I'm a huge fan of, and it is about a guy who an American football college coach who has success by taking a relatively unknown college team and giving some some giving them some degree of success, who for some reason is brought in to manage and coach a Premier League football team in the UK and obviously it's a ridiculous thing to do, and that kind of forms the basic narrative of the show, and effectively it's all about American optimism clashing with British cynicism to create this feel good, funny, heartwarming ten episode series about a man trying to understand British culture and in the process kind of breaking through to a bunch of down in the dumps men and a few other people as well who are trying to find their self worth. And it's a really stunning achievement. Like, it's such a good show. I went into there, I don't care about football, American or British, and it was. It's fantastic. I loved every second of it and like you'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll go through all the emotions. It's it's it's I can't recommend it high highly enough. It's on Apple Plus. You can sign up to Apple Plus with a seven day trial. It'll take you at most one or two days to watch through it all ten episodes, thirty minutes and then you can cancel Apple Plus. I re foot I fully recommend you do that because that's exactly what I did, and I don't regret it one bit.
Speaker 1: That's definitely the very barrier to entry for me. I saw a bunch of people raving about this show and I was like, Oh, I wonder what it's on. And I saw I was on Apple Plus and I was like, I just did this for the Mandalorian with Disney Plus. I don't think I can do two in one break, but I do really want to see it. It sounds great.
Speaker 2: You can sign up to have a Plus on your phone, like if you've got an iPhone. It took me like ten seconds to sign up for it. I was just like, yep, add me to this, and then I went to my subscription. I was like, cancel subscription. Took two seconds to do that, and then I watched the entire show and then I was done.
Speaker 1: The benefits of Apple having all of our data at their fingertips, yeah exactly.
Speaker 2: But in terms of playing I started, I carried on playing Yakuza like a dragon a bunch. I'm still enjoying that a lot. I played the Last Campfire, which is a hell of games title little indie game that they made. I played it based on well, I had it on my PS four and PS five, but Lucy was tweeting about it and how nice it was, and I was like, you know what, I want something small to play, and it's very nice. It's got that it's classically indie game charm. You're just walking around this island a series of areas and solving simple puzzles that become quite complicated, just very easy to play, kind of somber mood, very like you know indie game from maybe five years ago, ten years ago, where it was like we're trying to play with your emotions and have these cute, see weird formless characters.
Speaker 1: That was great. Yeah, and.
Speaker 2: Lucy again and a bunch of other people. I'm Sam McCatty, I Gan and Stu Taylor works in games PR in the UK. Suddenly got on pegl and I love pegl and I was like, I'm sure I have that installed. So I fired up Pegel and started playing pegl a bit just to kind of occupy my mind. And it's been good. I've been listening to podcasts and playing Pegle and finally I started Holler Night again, trying to give it an honest try, because Jordan loves it so much and I want to also love it as well and give it a shot. Only about an hour in, I'm told I need to get the compass because the thing that I've got a map and it's annoying me, and I need to wait to get the compass. But yeah, so I'm gonna I'm gonna keep at it, and I'm having a good time with it.
Speaker 4: I'm so proud of you. I thought you were going to skip out on your conement to play over the break.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I don't do that.
Speaker 2: When I say i'm gonna play something'm gonna give it honest try. What I'm playing on Switch. I'm playing on Switch.
Speaker 1: But that's how I got it initially. I well, I got it on PC when it was in early access or when it first matter early Access, and then I started playing on Switch. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure if that's the best version or whatever, but it seems to function fine, and it's I don't think it's on game Poss. It might be on Game Poss.
Speaker 3: I didn't really, Yeah, it is all right.
Speaker 5: It was also on Playsession Plus last month.
Speaker 1: I think, hm, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, because I claimed it. So I think I've got I have that game on anything and haven't finished it on anything.
Speaker 2: I could have sworn I claimed it, but when I went to search for it in my PlayStation library, it was like, hey, do you want to buy this Ultimate Edition version? I was like, no, Okay, I guess I'll just play on Switch.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of Hollow Night, why don't we move on to Jordan, because you have been playing Hollow Night again?
Speaker 4: I take it, Yeah, I'm playing it again. I wanted to try to go for the hard ending in the game, not the super hard straps you down bends, you over ending. I'm not good enough for that, but I've I've never gotten the just regular hard ending before, and I'm like, I've been playing this game for like forty fifty hours now at this point, they're just pretty much all the bosses. Several times, I can totally do this. It didn't work out for me. I basically played Hollow Night where I'm got to the secret final boss and I'm like, all right, every three or four attempts that I have, I should take a break and like play Cyberpunk or something like that instead. So basically, over the break I played like twenty hours of Cyberpunk is what to get the secret boss of that game is?
Speaker 1: I haven't made it that far in my attempts, but I was watching my friend play a while back and he was at this like arena area and it looked so freaking hard.
Speaker 3: The Cola Fools.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the one. Yeah. He was getting so mad too. I think he was streaming it. It was entertaining to watch him get mad. But I was like, wow, if I'm gonna do I, do you have to do that to beat the game? Or is that like a side areas?
Speaker 4: It's an optional area that originally you had to do if you wanted to get a hundred percent in the game. Since now in Hollow Night you can get one hundred and twelve percent completion, some people do the Colisseum of Fools as a way to boost themselves to one hundred percent, Like they'll do some of the extra percentages to get to one hundred.
Speaker 1: Interesting. I kind of like shakes up the hundred percent run, doesn't it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the it's I think a lot of people do when they're going for the achievement to like one hundred percent the game, and like on Steel soul mode, which is when you die, you basically have to start the game completely over from the very beginning, so you basically have one life. And since some of the things are just really stupidly hard to get, it's like, oh, just go to the Colisseum and beat like the first wave or second wave and get the first few items and just don't do the final wave. That's really really hard and requires you to have a hand eye coordination that I just don't have anymore.
Speaker 1: How About I Can Fell.
Speaker 4: I Can Fell is a game that I started playing near the end of twenty twenty, and I just never got around to finishing it before we started talking about like best Switch games, best Xbox games, And I'm really angry at myself for not doing that because it's so good. It's like this wholesome game about how you're essentially the sibling to the Chosen One, and the Chosen One just screws everything up at their magic school, like when they're really smart, charismatic, they have good research skills, and they still managed to screw everything up, And so you're coming in after that and seeing the aftermath of this huge disaster and trying to put the pieces together with some of the chosen ones friends who aren't as good as she is, but each have their own perks and specialities, and so it this really wholesome, queer as hell like turn based RPG with Honestly, I think some of the best music in any video game I've ever heard. Has the composers from Steven Universe do the music for it, So it's just like banger after banger for all the different battle themes, the boss themes, just the music that's playing as you're exploring the worlds. They'll like hit you with surprises, where like for the first five hours you're just getting these solid like tracks of music and you're like, oh, this is good. This is really good. And then you'll finally face your rival and it's like part way like through the beginning of the boss track starting up, someone starts like singing and you realize it's the boss singing at you, and it's really good, and you're like, Wow, the vocals for this just came out of nowhere, and I'm having like a really good time and I almost want to beat this boss so that'll die and have to restart it again to hear.
Speaker 3: The music one more time, and it's it's just.
Speaker 4: So good and I love it so much, and I hope that everyone decides to go out and play it. It's if you like turn based rbgs. I cannot recommend it enough. It's it's it's just so good.
Speaker 5: I feel like, yeah, you wholeheartedly convinced me.
Speaker 3: I am.
Speaker 5: I was like, I have never heard of this, and I like quickly googled what it looks like, and I'm like, oh, yeah, I'm buying this.
Speaker 4: Later, I like, I showed one of the soundtracks to Matt Espinelle and like he got halfway through the song, He's like, all right, don't tell me anything else about this game. I'm buying.
Speaker 1: That's how you get made if the music's good. He's in. I'm actually, I would say, in as similar boat as you, but with Risk of Rain two, because I am mad at myself that I did not play that before we did all of our Game of the Year deliberations, because that would have been pretty high on my list. I played a ton of Risk of Rain two over the break, I think thirty hours, among a bunch of other games that definitely dominated my free time. It is great, it is so good. I cannot recommend it enough. It is an excellent co op game. It's an excellent rogue Light. It doesn't do I would say it doesn't do things is quite as interesting as something like Hades does because there isn't like a story that there's a loose story, but there's no like there's not the same benefit to dying. But like, the way you can stack abilities in this game is so much fun because unlike a lot of games, when you pick up items there basically have a perk attached to them. But the catches is that you can pick up as many items as you want, so by the end you have a character with like if you make it to the end, you have a character with like forty like like twenty different perks, all of them are leveled up because every time you get a duplicate it just makes it more powerful. And then when you combine like the whole multiplayer aspect, in the different characters you can play as, it just makes for an incredibly addicting cooperative rogue Light that just there's just so many possibilities in the ways you can play. Like I play one character called I forget his name. He's like engineer, he throws down turrets, he's basically he's your turret guy, but you can get There's items that drop that normally I looked at and I was like, oh, this is useless. Like one is like if you hold still for two seconds, you release a burst of healing, and I was like, that doesn't seem useful because all the characters in this game you want to move, like if you hold still, you're gonna die. But it also counts for as turrets. So I found out that if I kept stacking these mushrooms, I could basically throw it on my turrets and those would count as me holding still. So I basically set up two portable healing stations for all my teammates. So whenever we'd get to the teleporter, which is basically like the final wave of enemies rush you. You fight a boss and you have to hold your position, I'd set up those teleporters and I just I'd set up those turrets, level them up a bunch, and people would just heal up so fast. I it is. It is so good. I don't think it would be quite as good in single player. I know there's a lot of achievements to unlock, and I know people who've had fun playing it by themselves. But this game really shines in co op. I I can't recommend it enough honestly.
Speaker 3: Two player co op or can you do it with more?
Speaker 1: You can do four players, four players, and there's there's also a bunch of like modifiers you can get in the game. So like normally, normally these perk drop randomly. However, there's there's a modifier that you can unlock that lets you pick what perk you want to get, and that completely changes how you play through the game, right, because then you can plan on harder difficulties, then you can have more focus builds and so on. But to answer your question tomorrow, I've been playing on PC. I also got it on switch because it was like fifty percent off. Playing this with a controller might be a bit difficult, It's probably a lot better than playing on a switch light, which is what I was playing on a little bit, and immediately I was like, uh, I don't know if I can do this. I've mostly been playing on PC because not that you need super precise aiming, but it just it just feels better, Like there are certain characters that have attacks that home on enemies you don't really need to aim at all. And their melee characters and whatnot, but that that has dominated my time. Apart from that, I got one ending in Near Automata. I got the first ending and I started the second one as I don't want to spoil anything, but I started the second one. Died during the prologue and it set me back to the beginning and I was like, all right, I'm gonna take a break.
Speaker 5: You got to get further into that second playthrough for it to like really like Diverge. It does, like to be fair, it feels very similar at first and you're like, oh, this is literally going to just be the same thing, but like there is a moment where it Diverge is pretty hard and you go like, oh, okay, that's what you're doing.
Speaker 1: So that's good to hear. Because it's not that I wasn't impressed at what I had played. There were some things that I thought were really cool, particularly like the whole chipset system. I really like that you can just uninstall your HUD essentially and be like, no, I don't need that. I'd rather have something that increases my attacker and autoheel. That stuff was really cool, but like the story didn't I wasn't super wild about it was it wins some really interesting places, but I didn't care much for the dialogue or the writing. I thought it was so ham fisted and like.
Speaker 3: Wow, you've just angered I think a lot of people.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, but but I will say I'm going to continue playing it. I want to see these other endings because there are some threads in there that I'm super interested in, and I like where some of it is going, like in particularly the whole copy city I think is what it's called. I won't describe what it is once again because I was, but I thought that stuff was really cool. But like even like the character you fight at the end of that first ending is like super mad about what you did, and it's like, no shit, you started like you were, like what do you expect? Like this is this is a video game, this is what I'm gonna do, and like you can't be that. I don't know. I'm excited to play more, but as of now, it hasn't warped my perspective on the possibility credits.
Speaker 5: Like I look back on that game and I'm like, oh, that first play through ain't shit, Like like everything that happens in that first play through is like, Okay, what's it's like, what's that's that's inconsequential nonsense? Well it's not nonsense, but it's it's good. It's good world building set up. But like the meat of what happens is like not in that first play through at all, which is admittedly a very hard ask because you can spend like forty hours on that first play through.
Speaker 2: Jick, I'm exactly. I'm with you, Like, I got a lot of shit for not liking Nero Automata, like, and I got to a place where I thought I respected it, and I haven't played through it a bunch of more times. But I also my experience of that game is it's really interesting and you put a lot of time into it and it gives a lot back. But the format of it made me feel a bit bitter about having to play a very plain and non not interesting first time through and then having to commit more time to it. So like this, there was something really frustrating about seeing credits on a game and then being told that wasn't the experience. There's more to it, you need to keep digging, Like that was the problem. Having said that, like there's so much about that game that I doore like it's it's one of those games. It's one of the few games in my lifetime that I absolutely do not care to play ever again, but I'm still obsessed by.
Speaker 1: Like the music in that.
Speaker 2: Game is one of the best soundtracks I've ever encountered, like, and even the character design. And I say the character design knowing that a lot of people will look at the character and be like, this is just weird anime. Wee like creepy, ship like to be and.
Speaker 1: Does like to drift under to b Yeah, but there's quite a bit there's something.
Speaker 2: There's something the way the way about the Way to Be is designed that I just find like artistically and esthetically really really like satisfying interesting. And this is one of those peaks, the situations where it sounds like I'm saying hintires art and that's not what I'm saying, Like, you know, like a normal person this episode, I I know that someone's gonna google like to be the Automata and see a girl in address with and it's going to look like pure like wrong and material, But honestly, like that's not what I take away from it. There's something about the design that I find really satisfying, and other characters who are similar to t B. Let's say one that appears later on in the end, like I prefer way more and she's even worse for it, and I'm like, but there's she says a design to her that I really really appreciate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, going into this game, I knew there were multiple endings. I knew the game didn't end win the credits role, and I was kind of asking myself if how I would have felt if I didn't know that there was more like what, I have liked it more knowing that, oh, there's still a lot more to this story because basically I'm playing this through other perspectives, or if it helped me going into this knowing that there were multiple playthroughs and whatnot, I don't know. Don't have an answer to that question. But one last thing I will say is that I agree I like Twob's design a lot, but as a character, not a fan. I really like nine S. I really like nine S. I thought nine S was interesting and he's.
Speaker 5: Funny the second play through.
Speaker 1: That's why I'm excited.
Speaker 5: Really coming to focus and really but.
Speaker 1: Like I feel like two bees, like I am a robot. I do everything I'm told, and then one day out of nowhere, two bees like, actually no, I have feelings now, And it's like, where the did this come from?
Speaker 4: Keep wi the boring dating part of lit Club you haven't gotten.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it will explain that stuff and it will do it really well. And for me, I was like, why did you just do this in a way that didn't like give me the the idea that it was done. Why did you like? It feels like you know when you get told when you read a fan theory or something like that later on and you're told, oh, no, this is actually what you need to know about it. It's like me trying to explain why melchis story is so prescient. You play it and you're like, none of that makes sense.
Speaker 5: I think just wants you to suffer.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 2: I'm like, it is very intentional, and I fully respect it and I appreciate it, and it's very much meant to be that way where it's like, this is I respect a hell out of neuroutomata. I'm just like slightly salty about the way I received it. And partly that's my own fault, because you know, we exist in a world where you like, you play a game and you're like, okay, moving on, and then you don't want to hear like, actually the really good stuff you still haven't experienced.
Speaker 1: Thirty more hours. Yeah, all right, well I won't spend too much times. We've got to move on to John Duke. But one last thing I do want to say is that I did manage to beat Spelunky too, which is something I said I wouldn't I probably wouldn't be able to do last episode or two episodes ago whenever when I said I was going to play it over the break, but we did it. I beat it twice actually, but the first time we beat it, my game crash before the trophy popped. Oh no, didn' get the trophy, and I was like, well, looks like with doing this again, and then we did it again, So check that off the list, I know. Anyway, Jean Luke, how about yourself?
Speaker 5: I played a bunch of things over the break, but the the one that stood out for me was a little game called Fogs, which was it's a small indie game on game Pass that basically like me and my girlfriend were just like, let's play some random game that you know, like the games are playing our stale, let's let's find something new. So we're like, ah, we'll go on game pass and we'll look up, and we found this cute little game called Fogs that stands for Physics Dogs, and it's a co op game where you basically you basically play like two dogs that are joined together like catdog style, except they're both dogs, okay, dog dog, and it is a like puzzle platform or game where you each control one head of the dog. You can also play it single player, where you control both on like each individual stick, but I definitely think it's designed for co op and it's just this really casual, chill game where you're you're solving puzzles and you pick up like the collectibles, you pick up our little bones, and you can use those to buy like different hats for your for your fogs that you put on. There's a bark button and then you can like stretch to make yourselves really long. It's not a complicated game. We kept describing as like a baby game. We're like, this is a game for babies, but it's like that is what made it really fun was that we were just looking for like a really like low key, like no stress game to like have a good time with each other and like not feel like, you know, we really have to like super pay attention to either the story or like really being focused on the combat like it was. It's just really this really cute little game where you're you're these two little dogs and you're running around like uh, like the each world is like based on like things that dogs like, so it's like this world's all food, and then this world is all sleep, and then.
Speaker 1: This world is all like and that's it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this world is all playing and like yeah, that's it. Like so they get like really fun and creative with like the level design where yeah, it's like, oh, you're in like an arcade and you have to like actually like do little mini games uh to like get a bone or in the sleep one, it actually gets like a little metal gear solidy where you have to like avoid like area lights so or elseo get like grabbed by these these like birds that have like headlamps, but they'll they'll put you back to bed because they want you to go to sleep. So it's like stressful, but it's like not stressful because it's just like so chill and low key and there's like no stakes to it, but it was a lot of fun and I would like highly recommend it to anyone who has like either like a partner who isn't like that in games, but maybe like want something like very casual to play with them, or if you have like kids and you want like a fun like game for them to try playing. I just thought it was really cool and I think it came out like in December, but I wouldn't have found it without game Pass. And it's just like, hey, shout out to game Pass for housing like small, little like indie games like this that I would have I never even heard of and would have not tried normally, But because I have game Pass, I was like, Oh, this is a cool, little, cool little indie game. And then yeah, and.
Speaker 1: Then you've also been playing a new game.
Speaker 5: I've been playing a new game. Yeah, I can talk about it. Because the embargo lifted today, I got to check out a little bit of hit Man three, which is the first big game of the year. I was like shocked. I was like, Oh, when is this coming out, and it's like the end of the month, and I was like, oh my gosh. So I got to play the first two levels, me and me and Phil Hornshaw. We should have video impressions up on that, and it's it's more hit Man man. It's uh like it Admittiately, it doesn't have U I feel like I don't have much to say about it in terms of like new stuff, because it didn't feel like they added anything all that new mechanically. It's just more like, hey, did you really like hit Man? And did you really like hit Man too, Well, don't worry, we got more hit Man for you. I did really like the levels, though, I mean, obviously that's like the standout. So the the first level is like very classic Hitman set up. You're in like the world's tallest skyscraper in Dubai, and there's like this lavish party being thrown there by like this prince and uh so it's like, you know, huge like crowd, and then you're you're kind of like wandering through all these uh like there's like there's like an art deco set up over there, and there's like, uh you know, a like armed guard palace up like above the party, and so like the fun of hit Man is like figuring out the levels and the layout and and something that I always love about hitman is you have like the main party, but then you have like what's really fun is when you go behind the scenes and you're like, oh, these are the corridors that like the janitors are walking through, like or like the scaffolding, and like figuring out how those levels like connect to each other so that you can like do this like ridiculous kill. It's just it's just classic good hand man fun. The second level is way more interesting because it's a gosh dang London murder mystery. It's basically they watched Knives Out and they said, hey, why don't we make that a hit Man level? And it's really good because you can you could play it normally, just like a normal hit man like. So the setup is like it's just like rich people. They have like a like a classic like you know castle, I guess castle Mansion, I don't know what, you just we call them. And it's got like that uh like like the you know, everything's all like rainy and like overcast and and very like gray color palettes. It's a good it's a good mood set up. And there is a rich family who's all there and they were originally all there because they're their mother, uh was was dead and they're like, oh, we got to go for a funeral to her. But then she shows up and it's like, actually, I'm alive and I was faking my own death, and they're like all pissed at her. But then her brother, who's like uh sort of like a keeps himself secluded and like lived in the cast and lived in the mansion, actually died and then so it's like this double like everyone's like, what's going on, Uh.
Speaker 1: What's the setup for Asian?
Speaker 5: So so your your task is the killed a woman who is who faked her death. That's your task, and you can go about it a couple of ways. But the fun way is, uh, she called in a private investigator to find out her brothers and death. So you knock that dude out and you take his place, and then you go to the butler and you're like, yes, I'm here to solve this murder. And then you actually have to solve the murder. You have to go around. You have to like talk to each people and like ask them questions and you're like okay, yeah, like that's their alibi. They seem suspicious, and then you like break into people's rooms and you look for clues. I don't know if it I don't know if the outcome changes. I can't imagine it does. It seemed pretty like that's the obvious outcome. I'd be curious if it does. But it's such a fun, unique route where it's like, you know, like Hitman kind of has this rhythm of like, Okay, I'm gonna disguise as this guy, I'm gonna wait for them to show up, and then you know, the opportunity will present itself. This one where it's like you have like you you play it very unconventionally, where it's like you forget like you're supposed to be like here to kill that woman. You're supposed to be a hit Man, and instead you're just like solving this murder.
Speaker 3: How do we get played?
Speaker 4: How do we get people to play the prototype of our new detective game. I'll just hide in and Hitman level.
Speaker 2: I love the idea that a bunch of people who have been working on Hitman are now going to make that James Bond game.
Speaker 5: Me too.
Speaker 2: Everyone else is like adults asleep, let's get crazy.
Speaker 5: I agree. I think like forty seven is like the James Bond equivalent. Where he's just like it's like that social stealth right that like that, like no James Bond game has quite ever captured. Like all the best James Bond games are just first person shooters. So the idea of like one where it's like you actually have to like blend in with the crowd and and like talk to people is it's it's really good. And then the actual like hit Man, normal Hitman stuff, and that's pretty good too. I disguise myself as the because because she still wants to like run her her her fake funeral and she's like, yeah, like no one could know that I actually am alive. So I pretended to be like the I don't know what you call it, not the grave digger, the mortician, the guy who like oversees the funeral and you're like, hello, I have prepared the grave. Why don't you come observe it? And then her in when So it's got that classical like hit Man hit Man humor.
Speaker 2: Is is is Diana still there?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: She's in there. Yeah. Yeah, I can't really talk about the bridging story stuff, but that's that's still in there. And that's the thing I mean that kind of interested in that I don't know. That's always been like the least interesting part of Hitman. Like I'm a little curious about it. But this is supposed to be like their like conclusion to this World of Assassination trilogy they have. They said that they're going to take a break from Hitman after this, not that they'll never do another one, but I think they want to like branch as a developer, which I'm all for that. I mean, you know, we got three games of an excellent Hitman, which, by the way, you can like with hit Man two where you could take all Hitman one's levels. They do the same thing. So when you pull this game up, you're gonna have access to like twenty plus hit Man levels like all together on like one thing, which is like.
Speaker 1: And you can play them all in VR if you've got a PlayStation VR two.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Nuts, which I'm incredibly curious about. They just put out a trailer for it and I was watching it and it looks nuts. I'm so curious how that works. I imagine it's gotta be really janky, but like I I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: You can tap someone on the shoulder, run around them when they turn so that when they turn back, you can punch them in the face and run away.
Speaker 5: I really want to see because when you're playing a janitor or like like a bar barmaid or something in AS forty seven, there's like certain spots where you can like blend in and you can so like you know, he'll like start doing like an animation where he's like pouring drinks or something. So in VR, do I actually can I just like go up to the bar and like start pretending to like wour drinks myself or like you know, like how does that work? Like I want to I want to really role play my like my disguises in VR and like see like what the limitations of that are. It sounds great.
Speaker 1: Well, anyway, we should probably move on to topics this week, and we are back with news topics this week, the first one. It will probably get this over with pretty quick, but Outriders got delayed. It was originally scheduled for February, but now has slipped to April. First. I'll be honest, when I saw that this game got delayed, I forgot what it was.
Speaker 3: Wait, like April or is this a joke? Like I know they said that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm excited for it. Like I keep everything that they show off. I'm like, huh, that's that looks like it more than I thought it would be, and I'm interested in that is. You know, the people can fly team, so they know combat pretty well, they know gameplay loops pretty well, and they usually take some chances. And it looks like they've created like a super solid foundation for a game and then chucked in a bunch of cool ideas and also tacked a few boxes when it comes to modern game design, and it looks like it could be quite interesting. I'm definitely excited to check it out. I think there is there's a demo for it coming out soon or is out. They were like, hey, here's a demo we're gonna put out, but we're also delaying the game because we need a bit of time to sort some stuff out.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm curious about it, but what I've seen so far hasn't blown me away. But like, to your point, it seems like there's some interesting ideas. Isn't there also like a choose your dialogue sort of narrat to it, like play your choice driven.
Speaker 2: I think there's something alike like that. There's there's I can't remember if that was a specific thing. The thing that I've really zoned in on was like the bills and the way you can create interesting characters and gameplay opportunities through through through.
Speaker 5: That, it reminds me a lot of MasSpec combat actually, like, yeah, which is maybe the most interesting thing to me.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I don't know. They are building like a narrative around it as well, so it wouldn't surprise me if there is some element of you know, player agency and conversations. But for me, the thing that really I'm excited to dig into is how it plays and how it feels, because you know that team they make good feeling games, like whether that's you know, bullet Storm or Gears Judgment they or the other games that they've kind of worked on, they make good, nice feeling games.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I'm looking up to see it looks like, yeah, they are trying to preface let people know that this is an RPG in terms of not just the loop, but also like the story. You can talk to NPC's, you can pick up different quests and whatnot, so that has me excited. I just think what we've seen looks a little bit bland, But to be fair, I haven't seen a whole lot. April first, not a joke, anything else that we want to mention about Outriders really all right? Next one CD project read refute Cyberpunk twenty seventy seven rumors. So there was an anonymous source that I guess took to game Facts. I originally put Reddit here, but the original posting was on game Facts Disclosure.
Speaker 2: Game Facts is a game Spot affiliated website. It is part of our family. However, it is also basically user forum. It's an open forum. Anyone can put anything on they want on there. There is moderation about or we're not letting racists in there or anything like, but you can you can post to whatever you want on their effectively, and the core game spot.
Speaker 1: Staff here does not work on that website.
Speaker 2: So you might go there and URL might read game Spot game facts on it and like, but trust us, that's got nothing to do with us. It's just someone went on there and put some stuff on there that just happens to be old people.
Speaker 1: I would hope people would know that, yeah, just in case, and that's exactly what happened here, because it sounds like someone just made a user account, showed up on game facts and was like, hey, here's this whole list of things that City Project read plans to do and things they wanted to do with this game. Some are wild, I don't know if you read through that, but some are like you can do drugs with kids, and like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, some of it was but do they mean do they mean actual kids or do they mean like adult head because it seems like those adult had small body kids have done the books already to handle some.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: But but I think the big thing was that they were saying they were gonna add cut content back in and all this stuff, and in the Cyberpunk the official Cyberpunk Twitter account retweeted it because it made it to Reddit or basically pulled the link made it because it made it to Reddit, and was like, hey, this is not true. Like I don't know, They're just gonna nip this in the butt right now.
Speaker 5: That's so curious because it was not like one piece of information like they were had like a bullet point of like all this wild information. And I was like, maybe some of this is true. I don't know. I mean, you know, I'll take their word for it if they say it's all false. But it was like a lot of just throwing random like the guy was like, oh, Keanu Reeves also was kind of whatever in our original version of Johnny was like insane and based on like Sicilian Murphy or something like.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they were saying all sorts of wild.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's some wild stuff.
Speaker 2: And also I want to point out, Jake, this is not to shame you, is just because I found it amusing. You said nip this in the butt, and I find that very it's nip it in the butt. I'm sure you know, but I love the idea. No, I don't love it, but it sounds like you're saying, like, nibble someone's ass.
Speaker 1: Okay, I've been saying nip it in the butt for a long time.
Speaker 2: Do not nip anyone in the butt without consent, but does not endorse nipping anyone in the butts.
Speaker 5: Jake, I've also said nip it in the butt for a very long time. You're not the only one.
Speaker 2: But yeah, this whole, this whole thing is like there's there are some wild stuff in there. And the thing that makes it tricky is some of it is kind of plausible.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is clearly an issue, and like stuff like.
Speaker 2: You know, the the police path finding and you're like, oh, that makes sense or stuff like that around that you're like, oh, that is weird. But then there's some absolutely wackedy schmackety stuff in there that like what you want about.
Speaker 5: There is certain like hearing like oh, they might return some cut content, like I could see like the breadth of what was cut, and what they.
Speaker 1: Could add is let me ride the trains.
Speaker 5: But there are some things like I did watch a video the other day of somebody who like found out like there is like a mansion apartment you can get for V that is actually like still in the game, but it's not accessible, but you can like using like certain like exploits and like the jumping mechanics and stuff, you can like get up to it and like explore it, and it's like this fully furnished like apartment, and it seems like it was meant to be like an apartment V would get at some point. So like stuff like that, I could see them eventually like putting back in the game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wonder if that'll come in the form of like small DLC down the line, because one thing that the Witcher three did was they like had like sixteen weeks or twelve weeks or something of just free DLC. It's like really small stuff, and I could see that sounds like the perfect one, like extra house for v.
Speaker 3: Or whatever, moving with a romantic love interest, like yeah.
Speaker 2: And the other thing that I found radical was like they didn't they mention like they was supposed to be like an a sewer system as well or like.
Speaker 1: A yeah and even in like a whole community on people Futurama, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: It made me think of obviously Demolition Man and people down there eating rat burgers. But like I was like, oh, yeah, that sounds very plausible and I would love to see that come to fruition. I I have pieced out of that game for now, Like I I played maybe two or three hours, and like I was excited. I'm still I'm excited to play it. And I got a new graphics card. I'm going to put that in and see where I'm at with it then. But I'm more excited for what that game will be in a few months time, Like I hope it gets better, and it sucks that it has to be this way, And it sucks a lot of people have gone through some ship and committed to the game, and it's in the current state. But as someone who's like not played it yet, I'm excited to see where it goes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too. I mean I think that's like I've played through the game. I've more than halfway through a second playthrough. I kind of fell off overbreak because it was like, well, there's all these other games I want to play, and I've seen Cyberpunk at least most of it at this point. But I'm genuinely excited to see what they do, what DLC they add. One thing Matt Paget found out was that if you try to leave the map, you get a message saying you can't go here like dot dot dot dot yet.
Speaker 3: So like he was kind of.
Speaker 1: Theorizing about how it could continue and stuff like that.
Speaker 5: But but I wonder if that's a holdover though, because I got that same message in the first act when you just try and leave, Watson Oh really says like, hey, you can't go here yet because you just limited to that one.
Speaker 1: Interesting. Yeah, maybe it is just a bug that they didn't.
Speaker 5: Or like, it's the same message but they didn't change it. I don't know, it could be either way.
Speaker 1: Interesting, Yeah, that could be it. I mean either way, with the way that game story is set up, I'm curious how they could even make DLC logical seem logical like I don't as is, I felt like I was doing way too much for a character who is you know, slowly losing their consciousness to Keanu Reeves, Uh, that's a whole nother discussion, But anyway, I think the lesson here is, don't believe everything you read online.
Speaker 2: At the end of the end of that game picks up exactly where Solid five starts with V has come to, and they stitch together and it becomes one that would be great, then you just play me as Keanu Reeves.
Speaker 5: One more thing I will say about this is like custom b but at the end of reviews the whole time.
Speaker 1: It all fits. One thing I will say, though, is that I know how easy it can be to get excited about this stuff, like when people post like, here's what is actually supposed to happen, Here's what we can like basically come up with these theories on what could happen, what might happen. But like even recently, I don't know if you guys saw, but there was all those rumors that Rockstar is going to release like this Red Dead Outlaws Edition or whatever that was like, oh, the remake the long rumored remake of Red Dead Redemption plus Red Dead Redemption two on next Gen, and like all the evidence was like it was just so flimsy, but still I couldn't help but get excited.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, I get it, just like it's like it's like that piece of paper that everyone tweet a picture of that had a Nintendo logo at the top, and then.
Speaker 3: Everyone was like, but what if It's like I know this isn't true, but but what if it was.
Speaker 1: Anyway, let's uh, let's scoot on over to listener questions. All right, and we are back with listener questions. We've got two questions we're going to go over this week. If you've got any questions for us, you can email us at after Dark Podcasts at GameSpot dot com, or you can join our discord server. I dming myself to more Jean Luke or maybe Jordan. I don't know. Do you want to let people into the discord serversion.
Speaker 3: I don't think I'm even in the discord server. Wow, wow, wow, discord server.
Speaker 5: We'll talk.
Speaker 1: Uh, you can ask us questions there as well. But first question is from mister Blue and D I will say I cut a sentence out of you here just because it was pretty long. It is still a long question, but I think it's a good question. Uh So two more do you want to read this one?
Speaker 2: So this is from mister Blue MD, who says, I'm curious how important do you find rumbo slash vibrations to be in games? I asked because I recently picked up the eight bit do Bluetooth Xbox controller to use xCloud and remote play and use it and not if it doesn't support rumble, Meaning I have I have been a bit more selective as to which games I play on mobile versus which I played directly on the console. Meanwhile, one of the main topics of conversations surrounding the launch of new consoles has been the impressive rumble features of the deal Sense and how it elevates one's experience. Do you find rumbo to be an important feature a feature you only notice when it isn't there, like when you're controller battery starts to die. Or are you averse to haptic feedback in games? It's a good question for me, Like I, I definitely don't It's one of those things where if it's done right, you don't notice it. If it's done well, you will notice it, and if it's done poorly, you will notice it. Like the games that I find most, most games I play and the rumble works, and I don't really think about it. The dual sense is different enough that I thought about it for a while, but I think I've reached a point where I don't really think about it again. And I think it was the same with the the Switch the joy cons and when when it games first came out and it was like, oh, look, how cool this is. Now I reach a point where like, I don't really think about it. There's certain games where I think the thing the deal sense does that is more arresting and is more noticeable and is more demanding of your attention is the adaptive triggers. That's the kind of thing that really when it happens, you notice the triggers, and then you notice the knock on effect because then it uses rumble to enhance the feeling of you know, it's not just when you pull on a trigger of a gun, it like locks before you expect it to stop. It's that there also comes like a vibrational feedback alongside it. So when it's like in the deal Sense working in tandem with the adaptive triggers, I think that's really cool and it really sticks out and it really works well. However, when it's the the like among the Xbox and I'm using the Elite controller, the Elite too, I believe I have and it's just doing rumble, well, I don't really think about it at all, Like I whether that's Forza and you know, the differences in terrain, it just kind of washes over me and it just becomes a part of the experience. So I think right now the deal Sense is the one that I fixate most on, and I notice that it's doing it well or it's not doing it super well, but that's just because it's the adaptive triggers that I'm making me do that in all other cases, I can take it or leave it.
Speaker 1: I'm glad it's there.
Speaker 2: I definitely noticed when it's not there, But as long as it's rumbling, I'm not too fussed about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you brought up switch and I bought a switch light a couple of years ago and that doesn't even have rumble, And I'll be honest, I haven't thought about it since. Like occasionally I'll play like Super Smash Bros. On a TV with a controller and I'll be like, oh, there's there's the rumble, but I could take care to leave it. I think the PS five is the first time where I've played a game where I've been like, yeah, I really like the rumble, and it would be weird to play Demon Cells without that rumble.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: Like y'all said, I've never really noticed the rumble, and playing most games, it's kind of to the question, like I think I only notice it when it suddenly not there because my controller is running low on a charge, and so it's like, oh, we're gonna cut back on some of the supported features so that we can reserve a charge a little bit longer. Like I play a lot of Apex in Rocket League, So in the middle of a match, when like the controller suddenly isn't rumbling anymore, when like I score a kill or I'm being shot at, Like, I do notice it in those instances, but it's not like when it's actually rumbling, I'm like, oh, thank god, the controller still rumbling to let me know what's going on.
Speaker 3: What's occurred. It's weird. I guess. Yeah, I only really notice it when it's not there for me anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Joan Nuke.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I do like rumble, Like I like just the the like just getting that feedback on the controller feels really good.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 5: I've been playing Overcooked All you Can Eat Addition, which is like the next gen version of Overcooked that like includes Overcooked one and two and all the DLCs, and they have some really good rumble with the dual sense where like the uh like when you when you start like chopping food, it'll like rumble to the chop or like the cooking, it'll kind of sizzle, and like the controller kind of like rumbles with that stuff. And I feel like that kind of I wouldn't say it's like, oh, it dramatically improves my like ability to play, but like I think it just like enhances that experience enough where it feels like it's adding a little more like tactile feedback to what you're doing, and it feels like it helps, even if it isn't probably actually helping all that much. So I like I like when games do like more unique stuff like that. I mean, yeah, like you guys, all said, dual sense, I definitely notice it. I mean, like playing Call of Duty Black Ops, like the rumble is like rather just than a generic rumble when you reload, the rumble is very specific to that reload animation for that unique gun, and like you really notice it. And I think that that stuff is so cool. I love games that, like I feel the need to like go the extra mile with that stuff. But you know, yeah, it's like I'm with you guys right at the end of the day, Like if Rumble was like magically like removed from my controller, it wouldn't It wouldn't be like the worst thing ever like it. It is just sort of like an enhancement to the experience. I guess.
Speaker 2: I think I always going to say, like I think we would definitely moan about it because I never forget the sixth thence six axis controller.
Speaker 1: How weird that felt for so long?
Speaker 5: Do you buy the the Rumble version just to play meddle you're solid for I.
Speaker 2: Bought the Shock version as soon as it was availamselves, Like it just feels if it feels weird not to have it. It just and like the controller, the original Bleek PS three controllers felt flimsy and bad.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, they're just honestly, like the motors just out of weight to the controller.
Speaker 1: That's kind of missing, uh without it. Next question here is from forrest L. What's the game you don't like that you enjoy talking or writing about. I really disliked Final Fantasy fifteen, but it's still so interesting failure for me. I keep thinking it's still an interesting failure for me, so I keep thinking about it.
Speaker 3: Interesting.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't I wouldn't describe any of these games as failures, and I also kind of wouldn't describe the one I wouldn't mention as like I don't like it. It's just that I don't play it like intensely, and that's Fortnite for me, Like do I do not play Fortnite every day. I dip in and out of it very infrequently, and largely it's because I do have an interest in covering it and understand like I play. I covered Fortnite intensely for maybe two and a half to three years, and if you had checked my in game clock, it was two hours and less than two hours, even maybe an hour.
Speaker 1: And it was like that was because everything I did was usually.
Speaker 2: In menus and like and that kind of stuff. But I think that game is fascinating. It gets it's the biggest game in the world, and it gets the requisite amount of shit and hate from people. But it's also a game as very few games reached this level of popularity and still aim as high as it does, and is changing itself as drastically as it does, and is exploring new ideas as frequently as it does. It is a multimillion dollar, you know, earning game, but Epic are I feel like doing right by it. I mean, it is basically a giant billboard at this point where anyone can advertise the thing that they want. But that's kind of part of the experience, and Epic does the best with it. It's not like they just stuff Marvel characters everywhere and make you buy them. They create entire season long world around it, you know. And when they put a Star Wars in there, they make sure that the Mandalorian costume looks good and you've got some nice animations, and when Kratos hops in, they make sure you can do the dance, so that character is fully compromised in that game, and it is not at all like how he should be.
Speaker 1: I guess to jump off that. I was actually gonna mention just epic games in general, because I covered a good amount of what was it called before Paragon? I made a video on that, and I thought that whole story was super interesting, but no could I could could not play that it's a mobile. I can't do MOBAs or it's it's a mobile, like I don't know. Yeah, I thought that story was interesting, and that's kind of how I feel with most of epic games too in general, Like I don't think I've gotten into one since like Gears probably, and I just like have so little interest in Fortnite, but I'm always curious to see, like what smaller indie game it decides to rip off and put it in its own system, like their whole among Us mode they added. It's probably probably mean to say it ripped off, but you know what I mean, Like, I'm curious. I'm always curious to see what they're doing, what inspiration they're pulling from, what's being included, even though like you two more I probably have, Like I don't even think I've got two hours in that game. I played a little bit because Nick Margarita, who used to be on her team was like, we have to play Fortnite, and I played a little bit and I was like, no, I'm back to PUBG. Sorry.
Speaker 2: It is like it's this sponge of gaming right now where anything anyone is. It's such a fascinating thing and this is what makes it cool to talk about and look at. Like it's built in a way where they can graft on almost any mechanic, So any game that has an idea, they'll figure out how to put it in there and and enhance their experience with it. And that's not to say like they're the only you know, they're only taking. They are also giving back to totally brought it. Like they they introduced a bunch of things that other studios have and experiences have tried to learn from and use. You know, Apex grabbed a few things from them as well as they they took it.
Speaker 1: Took it from.
Speaker 2: Apex and very vice versa, et cetera, et cetera. But it is this kind of it's one of the It is wild how nimble that game is and how nimble that team is. It helps that it's literally the it's got one trillion people working around the clock always and they've got enough people. They're so invested in it that they pretty much just bought a mall to create a new space for them to make games. And I'm sure it's going to be a fortnight factory in there.
Speaker 4: What a power play to just like buy like a mall at like your local hometown and just turn that into a headquarters. Like could you imagine having that much money just being like, oh, yeah, let's just buy an old, abandoned mall.
Speaker 5: And you get to be like, yeah, my office used to be the hot topic, Like, yeah, I would like keep the signage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a meeting room.
Speaker 5: You could name the meeting rooms.
Speaker 1: After the stores that they were four o'clock in Hot Top. They don't you take a ship in the subway?
Speaker 5: Disappointing.
Speaker 1: I feel like they'd probably leave the bathrooms the same they into the bathroom, And I guess if you think somebody is a bathroom though, then you know Sean Luke Jordan any games that come to mind that I in the criteria here.
Speaker 4: It's not so much that I hate it or think that it's bad, but Eve Online every time I try to play it, it's like, I'm like, man, this is just not for me.
Speaker 1: It is so.
Speaker 4: Boring to me, to me basically, but I love reading about it. I love talking to people about Whenever a story comes up where it's like, oh, yeah, there's been like this month long war going on between these two factions that have spent upwards of like billions. Yeah, and I'm like, this is fascinating, Like, and these are people's lives, Like they had an alarm set up to go off at like three am because they were gonna invade like another part of space or something like that. I was built their entire lives around this virtual space world. And so I love reading about it. I love talking to people about it. But every time I try to play that game, I'm like, how does anyone get into this?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good example of it. There's some I feel like it would be like a normal day for most people, and then like you'll see an article and like someone lost their like two million dollars ship in Eve the other day, and now there's like a whole search part and it's like, oh my god, this is a game.
Speaker 5: Yeah. You still sten to a podcast that like would talk about Eve, and I remember one time they were just talking about this story of like somebody who had like infiltrated like another group for like months like sleeper cell sleeper cell style, like got their cells all the way up to like the top ranking like official, like you're one of our most important assets, like we trust you, and then they like got the signal and then they just like hit the button and it all burned down. And I was like, this is so good.
Speaker 4: That's so cool to read about, and then you try to play it and you're like where is that excitement?
Speaker 3: Where's the drama?
Speaker 5: There are a couple of books. Yeah, there are a bunch of books the history, like the that's that's the best way to experience Eve. It's just like to read about It's like deep lore. Take a class on Eveh.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Eve's a good one for me. The one that came to mind for me. That's like, uh maybe more just sad. I was gonna say, it's like recent Buyer games. Oh where it's like I don't I haven't liked a recent Vier game in a while that I like, I still I still like reading them, and I like I want to know and like I want that studio to be like I'm so invested in that studio personally that I'm just like, come on, BioWare, like I want I you know, I want you to be good. That's maybe a little sad.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: Another one, maybe that's a better example, is a Pathologic is a game that I, uh, yeah, I've tried to play a couple of times, and it's it's really hard to get into. I mean, even the most diehard fans of Pathologic will be like, yeah, that games plays like trash, but it it. It's so it's such a fascinating game that like I will like happily watch like a four hour like deep dive like an H. Bomber Guy exactly like an H. Bomber Guy video where he's just like deep diving into like the specifics of it. I haven't played Pathologic too, which people say is fantastic and fixes a lot of the mechanical issues with Pathologic. So I do I do intend to to try that to keep my indie gamer cred intact, I guess. But yeah, that that's one that like I don't know if I'll ever I want to, but I don't know if I'll ever be able to like finish Pathologic the original on at least, But.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like given that game, a game similar to that is kind of Dwarf Fortress. That's a game that interests me quite a bit, Like I think no clip Daniel Dwarer talked to one of the creators and they were like, oh, yeah, we found out that cats were dying of alcohol poisoning because of some weird thing they and like it was just this whole chain reaction that that was. Like it was all because they like change the type of mugs or something that the dwarves were using and and just spiraled into that, which is super fascinating. But like I've looked at like footage of Dwarf Fortress and I'm like, yeah, no, I don't think I could play this game. Yeah. Anyway, that's been episode of seventy five of GameSpot After Dark. Thank you all so much for listening, and welcome to twenty twenty one. I hope this year is better than last year, although it's not off to a great start, at least for those in the United States. But that being said, like we said at the beginning of this, stay safe, help those who need it, lift each other up, try to stay positive, and you know, play some games. Yeah, it's a good way to get your mind off all the craziness. But with that said, tomorrow, where can people find you on Twitter? And what are you working on? You can find off?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm technically off for a little bit. You can find me on Twitter at tomorrow. H not using Twitter that much right now because I am away and disconnected for a bit, but I'll be back very soon to post nonsense and bullshit there.
Speaker 1: John Luke, how about you.
Speaker 5: You can find me over at john x ip mentioned earlier me and Phil did or Actually we're about to record a little chat about hit Man three, so if you want to hear a little more in depth about that game, you can go check that out.
Speaker 4: And Jordan you can find me at JM Remae. I apologize in advance. We're getting close to that end of the three month period where Apex Legends is about to have a new season, which means most of my Twitter feed is just me retweeting fan art from Apex Legends, just repeatedly all day every day. So I'll have like nothing interesting on there at all for at least the next three weeks. But I'll go back to normal stupid stuff in my opinions after that, and you.
Speaker 1: Can find me at Jacob Deck and you should check out a video Rob and I did where we tested out that new cyberpunk third person a lot. It's already up. Spoiler alert. Don't play that game in the person, at least not yet. Maybe the model get better eventually, but right now it's janky, but it's funny, so you don't have to play. You can watch us suffer with it. But yeah, that's about it. We will see you all next week. But I