Speaker 1: Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. It is J. D.
Speaker 2: Wyatt, your Southern Fried gentleman of Southern Fried Sports, coming to you live this evening with this beautiful, lovely panel from the South Florida Tribune. We've got Candy let's see, let's see if we can point correctly. Nope, Nope, that way Steven Richelle, and we've got George. George over forty years in the game, y'all, forty years in the game. And so this is the country Club with J. D. Wyatt and the South Florida Tribune.
Speaker 1: And guess what time it is. It's time to.
Speaker 2: Fire up your friars. All right, you're not above getting cooked over here. We've got fresh meat, fresh meat. Who knows who might get cooked tonight. We've got some interesting questions, and I am holding an interesting book from Scott Morgan Raw he wrote this book. He also has forty years in the game. I guess you could call him our fearless leader at the South Florida Tribune. So y'all make sure to check out my new beautiful picture and my new beautiful bio coming up on the South Florida Tribune.
Speaker 1: As I am now the co host of this show, and I am excited. I am ready.
Speaker 2: Should there be replica trophies? How much have you ever sold something for? We're gonna talk about it all. Don't let the braves get hot either. That'll come up on the show. And so Candy, we got Joshua, We've got Cyberuski. I'm sure we will have Madcraft, Caine, all of those loyal listeners coming in. We appreciate you all the candy. Yes, can you tell anybody about this book.
Speaker 1: When I open this up? Yeah?
Speaker 3: You you got a personalized autograph copy something special.
Speaker 4: Hey, I didn't get no autograph copy? What's up with that?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 4: Seriously? Really? How to drop it it?
Speaker 1: Yes, as a matter of fact, here can and I'll read it. We get real here.
Speaker 2: On Southern Frined sports sometimes and fire up in the country club week Listen, we're gonna get to sports talk for sure. But I gotta pay homage to why I'm here. And I wouldn't be here without you guys, Steve, George, Ga, all of you. I wouldn't be here without you. So my personalized letter, says JD. Wyatt, written on June fourteenth of twenty twenty one. I don't know how Scott went back in time.
Speaker 1: I'm just kidding. I'm just kidding, it says twenty twenty five.
Speaker 5: I'm joking, he's joking.
Speaker 1: June fourteenth, twenty twenty five. J. D.
Speaker 6: Wyatt.
Speaker 2: I hope you enjoy the stories and use this book to help you in.
Speaker 1: Your media career. Glad you are part of our team. Best wishes, Scott. Honestly, that's the first time I've read it. That's the first time i've read it. Candy, I didn't even read it. So here is my natural. Actually, listen, there's a tear.
Speaker 2: That means, dude, Greenville Sports Media has done a lot for me, all right, articles and stuff for them. We're gonna try to work out a deal to hopefully share those articles. And yeah, hey listen, we're getting all warm and fuzzy here on Southern Front Sports. It's final season. You get warm and fuzzy when you win something like the Stanley Cup Finals. So, Candy, where can we go from here? I'll let you take over for a minute if you will, while I I.
Speaker 4: Will, of course.
Speaker 3: South Florida Treming Publishing Company published that book, Lessons from the Microphone, Tuning In and During Wisdom of Visionary leaders. It is written by Yes, our fearless leader, mister Scott the MotorCity mad Mouth Morgan ra he normally hosts. He hosts every other show on this network except this show. This show is mine and JD's. But Yes, Scott wrote the book. It's about his forty plus years in the industry and the other panelists. One of the other panelists on this fine group of gentlemen, mister George Iikorn, wrote the forward of that book. It is available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Kindle, Google, and Apple Books. There's also a link on our website www dot South Florida Tribune dot com. Go get your book today, all kinds of good stories. Yes, yes, Scott wrote a book.
Speaker 1: M hmm, yeah, I know. I just told everybody that. Thank you.
Speaker 6: I think got too many.
Speaker 1: Oh that's funny, George, that's funny, he said. Boom boom.
Speaker 3: Joshua said, Scott likes me again because I made good contributions on his show earlier.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, well hey you did.
Speaker 3: You were doing good Josh on that. Taylor Phillips, Hey.
Speaker 1: Guys, keep keep up the good work, Josh keep up the good work. All right, So, Candy, where do we start with all of this sports talk? All right, we're gonna put the warm and fuzzies away.
Speaker 2: We're gonna fry up something or fired up if you like Bert, you know, cooking over fire.
Speaker 1: Either way, Candy, where do we go? NHL?
Speaker 3: Start with the finals? That's already done. Yeah, let's start with the finals that's already wrapped up and done. Because you know there there was a pretty bow on this trophy, but yet they're having fun with the trophy.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I heard one of them took him to his neighbor's house.
Speaker 1: Five am. You better hope out, You better hope I wasn't an Edmonton fan.
Speaker 7: I mean, if it's a if it's a Florida Panther player's neighbor, there's a pretty good possibility there's not an Edmonton oiler fan right as a Philadelphia As a Philadelphia Flyer fan, I'm absolutely disgusted and it makes the surgery but Brabrovsky trade even more sickening to me.
Speaker 5: You shouldnt even.
Speaker 3: If you're an Edmonton Oilers fan. At five am, you get knocked on the door and you get the Stanley Cup is in front of you, Like, how often do you get to touch the Stanley Cup. I mean even if you are a fan and you go to like the NHL All Star Game and they have it there, you can't touch it, like they don't want you to touch it. But here that you know, here's the trophy, touch it, hold it, kiss it like everybody else does it. I mean, how many people? How many people have kissed that trophy?
Speaker 5: Well, not a lot, a.
Speaker 8: Lot, but more than you'd be surprised because they take it all all over the place. So what I heard today is it's damaged. Okay, So whatever, knucklehead panthers a hazard right now?
Speaker 5: You damaged that.
Speaker 8: You you damage the I heard the bottom of it has bent, and so is something near the top of the rom Now it's gonna be repaired, okay, But please, if you're in a drunken stupor leave that trophy alone.
Speaker 5: Don't get it in your hand.
Speaker 7: Let's be honest. Let's be honest. The Stanley Cup is the is the goat of championship troop.
Speaker 4: There is no there is no argument there. Lord Stanley Cup is at the top.
Speaker 6: I agree. Top.
Speaker 7: The super Bowl Trophy is a close It isn't isn't a close second, but it's definitely second. It's it's the Stanley Cup is the the best championship trophy that we have of all the major force sports.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, that's a really good topic. What it What is the best one? Come on, it's not that.
Speaker 7: That's not even a question that Stanley Cup is the best trophy we have. The only thing, the only thing you could probably say is an Olympic medal. But that's that's a singular, singulary achievement, not not a team.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, well, what about the Lombardi Trophy?
Speaker 4: I said it's second, but it's not close.
Speaker 1: It's not really so Stanley. Listen, hold hold on because listen. See I'm listen. I'm not a hockey guy. Listen.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna argue with you here. I just I'm shocked. No, this is shocked, j D. I am shocked.
Speaker 1: I am not a hockey I'm not a hockey guy. I know you're more of an NFL guy.
Speaker 2: You don't hear people that often give a good, honest opinion like that. Listen, if you put the Stanley Cup first, it's you know what I mean, it's first in your opinion.
Speaker 1: That is your opinion. Your entitled to it. I I'm just shocked, like I honestly thought that you, of all people, would have put Taylor.
Speaker 3: I apologize, that was my bad.
Speaker 4: That's okay, it's all good.
Speaker 1: If you.
Speaker 9: Just have to be careful.
Speaker 8: Yeah, right, don't talk, that's all seriously, a smart We'll have to debate for a second.
Speaker 4: What would you put a number one if it's not Stanley's Cup?
Speaker 1: Taylor?
Speaker 2: Okay, So Taylor get in on this conversation because I honestly I think.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: I guess I'm not saying for myself at this point because I'm I guess I'm reacting from like a complete fan perspective, because that's what I am of most of you guys here.
Speaker 1: I'm fans of y'all.
Speaker 2: So in my fan perspective seat, like, I literally was just shocked you didn't pick the Lombardi Trophy as the most coveted trophy.
Speaker 4: I think, well, junkie, don't get me wrong, right, but when you.
Speaker 7: Talk about like listen, you're talking about like I have a fake replica right here?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 7: Okay, how does this compare to a Stanley Cup trophy? That that that that is that you have to hoist over your head with two hands.
Speaker 4: You can't. You're you're just holding a little trophy.
Speaker 9: I was going to add, no matter what trophy, you have to be careful with it, whichever sport.
Speaker 7: I mean, didn't didn't the uh didn't the Chiefs dent the Lombardi Trophy several times over the last few years.
Speaker 5: I think they did.
Speaker 4: Drop it when they when they went to the White House. Come on, there's no listen. I love I love all our sports.
Speaker 7: But when you look at it, World Series is a special trophy, but it's just a bunch of flags on it on a pedestal, Like should I should I get excited about that?
Speaker 4: That's third in my opinion.
Speaker 10: No, no, no, no, I'm sorry. I'm gonna put baseball down at the bottom. I'm sorry, George. I know, I know you want to rip my head off, but no.
Speaker 3: Wait, wait, wait, what was the original question? Is there a question?
Speaker 4: What's the original question? What is what?
Speaker 7: What is the best Big four sports championship trophy? I'm saying it's Stanley's Cup? Well, hold on, I have, okay, the Lombardi Trophy. Second, I have I have the the NBA title. Third, and I have have have major League Baseball in the in the basement.
Speaker 1: There, Okay, and then let me call it.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, George, I'm sorry. I know I'm waiting to get my head ripped off.
Speaker 2: Exactly that's what we said. So hold, let me call a time out, George. We'll come back to you if you got anything more to say right here. So so, okay, so we just introduced Taylor Phillips. Also, by the way, we need to go through and we'll get everybody's follow handles and all that stuff here in just a second after we finish up this conversation.
Speaker 1: So it initially started with NHL and.
Speaker 2: The Panthers winning and knocking door to door at five am, and then we started talking about the trophies and what we're I was shocked to hear Steve call it the best trophy, the Stanley Cup.
Speaker 1: And then now we were talking about what we're the four best.
Speaker 2: But then now the main question that we'll get to you is you both have all said we should be careful with the trophy. Yes, so I want to lead it to that question, should we just give them replica trophies to begin with?
Speaker 7: No value in giving the player, the player, the coach, whoever, the joy of actually having the Trophy.
Speaker 5: There are actually two Stanley Cups.
Speaker 8: There are there's one in Toronto at the Hall of Fame Museum, and there's this one that gets rotated and given to the team that wins.
Speaker 5: There's two.
Speaker 8: I've not heard anybody say that there's two of any other of those trophies.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 8: But one thing I do know is regarding the penance on that World Series flag, I don't think those dignify anything. Because when I was younger, I thought, well, that's cool the Tigers won in nineteen sixty eight. I was twelve years old. I thought that's cool. Look they probably are in the order of finish all those flags.
Speaker 5: They're not. They're just decorative.
Speaker 4: That's why I have World Series in the I'm sorry.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and the and the uh, the best one. I know, I'm starting to other and then I'll stop after this really is not these for these the Stanley Cups number one in my mind. The second one is the Borg Warner Trophy, given to the champion of the Indianapolis five hundred. That is an unbelievable trophy.
Speaker 7: I thought we were just going for major sports, I know, but but listen, we'll take the honorable mention bringing in there. We even had someone asking what about the World Cup. We were talking about four major sports here in America. Okay, I will I will take, I will take you know, you know, you know a NASCAR rep uh Indy five hundred rip that we all there's all special trophies as we're talking about the four major sports in it here in in North America, United States. However you want to you want to word that, I mean, I get it. A lot of people want to want to throw the World Cup in, you know, we want to we we want to throw one, to throw Indy five hundred in because you know, uh, you know, racing should should always get get its love, but it quite doesn't get the popularity both here and internationally.
Speaker 4: But the Cup is.
Speaker 7: Probably one of the hart hardest things in my opinion, Like you know, you know, I just seen uh, I just seen Kane in the chat. Tell me that the you know, the the Lombardi trophies the best come at me.
Speaker 4: I mean, listen, I've already said I love the Lombardi Trophy. But it's it's.
Speaker 7: It's just it's just a it's just a shaft with a football on it. The Cup is is has teams have won a year after year after year, and it's and it's and it's grows and it changes every year. And not only that, like I've said, it's a it's a humongous trophy.
Speaker 4: It's a big accomplishment. Like look, you know, as Georgia Center saying, there's two cups there there, There's there's.
Speaker 7: One at the Hall of Fame and there's one that that is a ceremonial give given to each team every year. Like like when we talk about Super Bowls now, you know we're sitting here, we're about to hit sixty, right, That means there's teams that have sixty different replica trophies of the Vince Lombardi Trophy, you know, right right, you know it's it's I mean, listen, we can debate, can can debate.
Speaker 4: About all we want.
Speaker 7: I'll still stick with you know, NHL is the best, NFL, second NBA MLB. Now, if MLB comes comes back and they redo a trophy at some point in time in the next handful years, we might we might have to revisit us.
Speaker 1: But right, hey, Taylor, what do you have Dad or Candy?
Speaker 7: Sorry, go ahead, Cyberuski, You're wrong there because because the payroll doesn't doesn't quite give you championships in baseball. If that's the case, the New York Yankees would win every year.
Speaker 3: So let me add a couple of little little things. The Stanley has been awarded since eighteen ninety two. Eighteen ninety two. Unlike most trophies, the Stanley Cup has passed from captain to captain of the winning team. Each player's name is engraved on the trophy. As the bands on the trophy fill up, they are retired and a new one is added, creating a continuous legacy. None of the other ones do that.
Speaker 4: That makes it very different.
Speaker 3: Now, I was asking the question, which is what was the question? Because there's a very difference between what's the hardest trophy to earn and what's the best trophy? Because those could be taken very differently. Because I would I would definitely say the hardest to earn is the State Only Cup.
Speaker 2: The fast and that agree to could all of these words we've used, I think every one of us and Taylor, I'm gonna come right to you after this, we've literally all used the words differently. Like Steve, he went into very vivid detail describing the actual trophy, and so I was taking more of maybe what would be the most prestigious trophy to win. And so we all, yeah, we all have our own opinion about it. And I love hearing them all, Larry, Josh Madcraft, all of these dudes, all of these guys keeping it up in the chat.
Speaker 4: So, Taylor, which is the easiest? Is there an easy one to win?
Speaker 1: Mm hm?
Speaker 9: The NFL's the NFL's Super Bowl is the hardest, actually because.
Speaker 4: It's one game.
Speaker 9: Yeah it is. It is one game, but but it is the like the granddaddy of them all, the super Bowl. It's it's almost people would view this more like a holiday and stuff like that, because it is the biggest sport in everyone's eyes, the football in general, whether it's the NFL or college football. So the super Bowl is the most coveted trophy. The Stanley Cover is the second most. The NBA Trophy Championship trophy is third, in the World Series is fourth.
Speaker 4: Scott was here, he probably snapping O.
Speaker 1: Madcraft.
Speaker 2: He wanted me to show a picture of the World Series Trophy.
Speaker 1: I don't know if we can get a good view of it on my phone.
Speaker 2: There I see it, he thinks it's beautiful.
Speaker 4: And I'm not saying it's not a good looking trophy. I'm not saying that.
Speaker 7: I'm just saying as far as when you're looking at at trophies right now, obviously, the the the NBA Championship is kind of modeled off of what we what we look at when when we see the Lombardi Trophy if you really look at it, right But the Stanley Cup, I think just has it's it's it's special. You how big it is, how heavy it is, it has every players you know you could have, you could have, you know, you know Gordy How's great great grandson.
Speaker 4: Go there and go and find and find his dad's names.
Speaker 7: It's it's that's what makes it special, at least in my opinion.
Speaker 1: We got Taylor getting some love, we got Joshua Door. He says it takes.
Speaker 2: Sixteen wins win the Stanley Cup.
Speaker 5: Yet, all right, it's the same Scott and.
Speaker 8: I always said that that's the hardest one to wed the Stanley Cup. The hockey players the holy grail. That is the toughest one to win.
Speaker 5: It is a very demanding sport physically and mentally.
Speaker 8: All Right, So I'm still gonna put the World Series Baseball second to me because that's one of my favorite sports and it is different, it is distinct. I know, the flag poles don't mean anything, but to me, that still would be number two.
Speaker 4: I would have to say, like.
Speaker 7: If we're talking about, like when we're looking at the overall what it takes to get there, to win it, prestige and things of that nature, you have to go through one hundred and sixty two games and then you know, wild Card two more, you know, Divisional Championship rounds and then and then and then.
Speaker 5: The World Series LCS. Yeah, and then the World Series. Yeah, it's bed. So that's true, very demanding. The one thing I'll tell you that I remember is the NBA when Detroit won. Oh my god, I'll never forget this.
Speaker 8: In the locker room, Isaiah Yea Thomas was infatuated with that Larry O'Brien trophy. It had a beer and and champagne stains on it, And I kid you not go back in YouTube and look this up. Isaiah Thomas was kissing and licking the trophy in the Pistons locker room for.
Speaker 5: The longest time. He was in love with that. He made love to that trophy, not just.
Speaker 7: That, like you talk about that, what about when when when Jordan won it after the dad passed away, when he's sitting there. Yeah, Like there's certain memories that that that we all have, watching different players, different teams with you know, get over the humph with.
Speaker 4: The with the Super Bowl trophy. It's it's Steve Young.
Speaker 7: It's Steve Young in that that that ninety four nine ers seen when he finally he finally got got his validation and and won with you know, no Joe Montana there things of that nature. I think that was Yeah, you know, I was fourteen, fifteen years old. I mean, that's just that's ingrained in my memory. I can go home around to talk about when Nick Foles had and he's going wow, staring at the trophy. But it's Steve Young that that was a special moment, at least in my eyes.
Speaker 4: So there's little things that we all attached to those trophies.
Speaker 8: So, and somebody asked before about Southern Friday that you were talking about security or something like that. The NHL has two gentlemen. They are assigned to guard that trophy as many times as they can, but they can't go to every single party and every single bathroom or celebration that they bring that Stanley Cup to. But there's two guys from the Hockey Hall of Fen that wear white gloves. You'll see them, and they're on the ice or watching that trophy constantly.
Speaker 5: So the NHL goes the best job of security. But still, look what happened last night.
Speaker 8: We heard it got dented and bent already.
Speaker 5: We should move on though, right, Candy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think we should.
Speaker 3: We can, we can.
Speaker 2: So he No, all I was gonna say is George, you had me tickled to death right there.
Speaker 1: He may he made love to that trophy. I love it. But yes, we were talking about trophies.
Speaker 2: We're talking about winning them. So we also have the NBA Finals though, hey, do not update.
Speaker 1: George on the game. No, it's okay, ladies, And no, I'm being serious commenters, y'all be for real. George don't want to know what's going on with the game.
Speaker 3: So can let me just quick put address Larry in the chat. This is one show that Scott does not come on because he takes this time off and he lets the rest of his crew do this show. So that's why Scott is not on and especially tonight we're headed to Vica. He left the keys to the rest of us.
Speaker 2: Hey, we out in the Ferrari right now because we at the country club.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: You can't go to the country club in an a Ford escort.
Speaker 2: Okay, you got to come up pulling up here nice and your Maserati or your Mercedes Benz.
Speaker 3: So I have a question for you, gentlemen. What is the most expensive thing you guys have ever sold or bought?
Speaker 2: I defer because I don't want anybody to embarrass me. So George man, hey, you give us financial advice.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, George.
Speaker 2: Oh, George, we all know you bought a house back in the day for like fifty maxtion the fifties, because that's how much houses cost back then.
Speaker 5: Actually, actually it was even lower than that first house in Detroit cost us I think thirty one thousand dollars only, and it was a nice house. Now, guess what happened.
Speaker 8: It was not my biggest purchase because then when we went to the suburbs, we bought in a suburb of Detroit called war in A, Michigan, and they were much higher than that. They were in the fifty sixty thousand dollars range. So that would be my biggest purchase so far. I never bought a car expensive as that. I usually rented or least my car. So but the house would be mine, the house of my current residents. And that's about sixty two thousand. I think it's worth more now though it's a lot more.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, listen, I'm not trying to expose you here, but we just know that.
Speaker 1: Hey, listen, I can't buy a house. They too expensive these days. Man, I can't do it.
Speaker 2: I don't know about it, but hey, apparently people can go by professional teams for ten billion dollars.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 4: Wait here we go with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's about the lakerself. That is what the whole question comes down to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I said I.
Speaker 4: Would never spend that much money in on a watch.
Speaker 1: I bought.
Speaker 2: I bought a thirty five thousand dollars truck one time. There you go, that's the most expensive thing I've ever like bought, Taylor, What about you, what's the most expensive thing you've ever bought? We got George, a house, me, a truck, a.
Speaker 9: New a new iPhone sixteen pro.
Speaker 7: I'm Jewish, I'm cheap. It was a it was a. It was a youth suburban. It was like three green.
Speaker 4: A lot of that's Larry Dude.
Speaker 5: I feel very wow.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, Okay.
Speaker 4: I said I'd never spend that much money on the watch. I'm sorry, hey.
Speaker 2: Man, I did buy a very expensive set of golf clubs.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately it did not make me any better.
Speaker 3: My most expensive purchase was a house as well. I have since sold that house. But yes, my was a house, and yeah it was probably it was only like one hundred and fifty thousand.
Speaker 2: So you know, listen, when me and my wife first met, and then we're gonna go, yeah to the Lakers talk here, But when me and my wife we first met, we were down in Charleston looking to buy houses.
Speaker 1: I mean, you can find them easy.
Speaker 2: Two hundred, two hundred and twenty five thousand dollars and then literally a year later it was like three hundred three fifty and then the next year after that it's like four to twenty five four. It has just blown up everywhere, and so yeah, a lot of people though, complain millennials.
Speaker 1: Like me, because you can't just go out and buy a house anymore.
Speaker 2: But apparently if you're a billionaire, you can go out and buy the Lakers for ten billion.
Speaker 1: So listen, and he was.
Speaker 3: A minority owner to start with.
Speaker 2: Well An owns the Dodgers, and so he's figured out how to defer money. Genie Buss is gonna stay as the governor for a few years. So hey, George, Steve Taylor, what are y'all's overall thoughts? Will this help the Lakers? Hurt the Lakers? What are we thinking here with this Laker sale? Doesn't mean anything at all.
Speaker 7: Only think we're doing is changing who's the minority owner, especially if you're keeping Genie on for.
Speaker 4: A bit like that.
Speaker 7: I was hoping it was a whole new group because if I'm a Lakers fan, I'm done with the.
Speaker 4: Flop era.
Speaker 7: It's been an utter waste. You want a Bubble championship and you've been metiorocre. You you let this, You let this dude have the controls the last five years, and what has he done? Horrible playoff losses? Horrible playoff losses, brings it, brings in his guy as a coach. It still ain't getting any better, brings in his son for another side. So show attraction and then he gets and then he's picking fights with the media guys because they hurt his feelings, Like, are you serious? If I'm this owner, I'd be like, what can we do to trade to get Lebron out of here?
Speaker 4: Now? I mean that that's just me if I if I was this guy, I just paid ten ten.
Speaker 7: Million dollars, ten billion dollars to go go go buy this professional team. I want to get get rid of the biggest cancer I have on the team, and that would that would be Lebron James. Listen, he's he's a top ten player all time. I'm not gonna take that away from him. But as a teammate, he walked.
Speaker 4: Off of the floor before before had losses.
Speaker 7: He doesn't stay there with his teammates. As coaches, he doesn't congratulate the other place. Oh I gotta get ready for my routine. You know, it's a long season. That is the biggest crock of BS. He reaped cry baby from top to bottom. I'm not taking away that that that he's a generational talent. We can't deny that.
Speaker 4: We can't.
Speaker 7: He's played almost every position on the floor. He's won multiple championships with multiple teams and help be a part of building multiple teams.
Speaker 4: But he is literally at the end and end of his route.
Speaker 7: If I'm them, I'm finding somebody in the top five in this draft to make a trade and move some things around and get that guy out of there to bring in the next generation talent.
Speaker 8: There, George, I'm not totally surprised by the amount, of course not.
Speaker 5: But you gotta look at the situation.
Speaker 8: And I know you're digging, digging real deep on this one, Steve, and I appreciate that.
Speaker 5: But the fact of the matter is, if your name is the New York Knicks or the New York Yankees, or the Boston Celtics or the LA Lakers, I don't care what chance you have on your roster or how screwed up your team is, You're still gonna.
Speaker 8: Get this super unre ridiculous amount of money for selling that team, because those are the marquee names and the marquee teams, and the all the media exposure and all the advertising and everything like that, and the television networks, especially the Yankees create their own network and all this. So I understand what you're saying, Steven, but the thing is is.
Speaker 5: That no, those owners will always get that gravy trend that'll always get the big bucks like that, even if it's a minority or a majority, fifty one percent sale, whatever it is, because that's what happens. The price of these teams keeps going on and on and on higher and higher. A lot of US can I with stadiums too, arenas whether you own that to with the package, but these teams here, oh my god. It's like I agree with you though, Steven. I mean.
Speaker 4: The dollar a man on.
Speaker 7: It isn't surprising when we talk about the Los Angeles Lakers. There are top three sports franchise in North America. Doesn't matter if we're talking football, baseball, basketball, or hockey. They are top four franchise. Their their merchandise sells out no matter where you go, matter what city you're in.
Speaker 4: We just seen the Celtics self for what like six billion dollars.
Speaker 7: Not long ago, So why are we not surprised that the Lakers just sold for for for ten billion dollars.
Speaker 4: I mean, you're gonna get your return back. It doesn't matter, of course, JD.
Speaker 1: You're on mute.
Speaker 2: I wasn't talking nobody. That was just killing I was telling my kid to go to bed, That's what I was doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, leave me alone.
Speaker 2: But no, So I do have a question though, after we hear what Taylor has to say, Taylor, give it listen. They've given us two great responses. Can you follow that?
Speaker 9: Well, it's very very expensive, like extremely expensive. If it's sold, it's sold. It doesn't what it doesn't all Being sold doesn't always reflect on the team's performance. It depends on other stuff outside of the playing surface, outside of the game, like other like more important other stuff, you know, like properties, other bills to pay it, et cetera.
Speaker 1: Right, absolutely, there's more to it. And so yeah, my question, I guess would have been.
Speaker 9: Even the Celtics they were sold, they had nothing to do with their performance. The Lakers another new example.
Speaker 2: M Oh yeah, well we've seen that the Oakland Athletics move and.
Speaker 1: All this stuff.
Speaker 9: Tampa Bay Rays.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go into the money. You gotta find the money. And so that was gonna be my one other question though here in the.
Speaker 9: Red Wings could be next if the District Detroit project still isn't finished because Chris Zilich is still a cheapskate parking lot.
Speaker 2: King is no go ahead, Hey, go ahead, elaborate, Taylor.
Speaker 1: I want to hear more.
Speaker 9: Because Chris Kiloch just keeps failing to finish properties such as new buildings and other stuff like it just it's just he just leaves out parking lots and just spends too much money. Yeah, it just can't do that right.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, we saw David Tepper do it here in the Carolina as he started a whole practice facility up in South Carolina.
Speaker 1: Pulled the plug on it.
Speaker 2: And then whenever they want to build a new stadium, they want to ask for taxpayer dollars, but they won't give me any free tickets.
Speaker 4: We just seen that here in Philadelphia.
Speaker 7: You know, we were trying they're trying to get a get the Sixers.
Speaker 5: To be separate, separate from what you mean, in the same building as they.
Speaker 7: They they share what is now the the now the Infinity Center is no longer the worst Fargo Center with with the Flyers. They were trying to get a Philadelphia version of of of of what the Knicks have, you know, uh uh uh, you know, a Madison Square garden where you go down into the stadium, and they were gonna knock out half the fat fashion.
Speaker 4: District in Chinatown.
Speaker 7: And on top of that, they wanted the fans to pay for a good portion it.
Speaker 4: So when they weren't gonna get their way, they were threatening to.
Speaker 7: Go to Jersey, and a lot a lot of fans here in Philadelphia was like, fine, you can, you can move the.
Speaker 4: Team New Jersey, but you can't take the name. Philadelphia.
Speaker 7: Seventy six is where you you can go be the New Jersey whatever you want to be. It has nothing, you know, because they were talking about going over to Camden.
Speaker 4: All right, you be the uh, you know, the Camden whatever you want to call it.
Speaker 7: There's a there's a mall that just died up here in the northeast that that that they could literally do exactly what they want there and have stores on top of it and everything like that.
Speaker 4: But there it.
Speaker 7: Would be perfect because it's right next to where you would go to get on on Interstate ninety five.
Speaker 4: But they didn't want to do that, so then they.
Speaker 7: Wound up renewing the least there is gonna stay in at the Infinity Center at Lease for another five years and we're gonna start all over again.
Speaker 4: But you know, it does as a matter where the owner is.
Speaker 7: It just there's always going to be issues like that, and it's just the finances of of our of our major sports teams are interesting at some time.
Speaker 3: So does anybody know how long the Bus family has owned the Lakers?
Speaker 4: Seventy nine much paid like thirty seven million?
Speaker 3: It was sixty seven point five million.
Speaker 4: Jerry bust I was off by thirty or so.
Speaker 3: But when he did it as part of the agreement, he took over this the l the Lakers along with NHL's Los Angeles Kings. Yes, I remember that, so, yeah, sixty seven point five million for both of those franchise. Now he died back in twenty thirteen. His daughter j officially assumed control of the franchise in two thousand and seven seventeen because she was having arguments and owner ship dispute with her brothers. And now she sold it ten billion dollars. Good for her and she gets to stay on.
Speaker 2: Well, hey, that was gonna be my question to Candy now, I mean perfect segue obviously is yeah, they said they sold a majority steak.
Speaker 1: For ten billion dollars. It ain't like they bought the whole.
Speaker 5: Franchise, right, right?
Speaker 1: So was that was that? Was?
Speaker 2: It? Was it sixty percent? Was it seventy five percent? Was eighty percent? I mean, I'm no mathematician, but that tells me that the franchise was worth more than ten billion.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what more than half right.
Speaker 5: Per minimum?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So yeah, they had to purchase anywhere from fifty one to ninety nine percent, because if it would have been one hundred percent, that's no.
Speaker 1: Longer majority, that's ownership. Correct. It was either fifty one to ninety nine. I mean, what do y'all think they bought. I want to know, I.
Speaker 3: Want sixty percent rings the bus family were to sell it sixty six percent share?
Speaker 1: What? Oh? Is it? Okay?
Speaker 2: So that would mean that it's worth what nineteen billion probable?
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you sold sixty six percent for ten right? Yeah, just on that math alone.
Speaker 2: I mean, George, how about that return when you bought a house? Oh great, hey, Steve, how about that return when you would have bought that suburban it was or was it a tao?
Speaker 1: Was a suburban suburban?
Speaker 4: I was not going with the tahoe. I like my truck's big brother.
Speaker 1: Hey, we listen, we do everything big, do it big?
Speaker 4: No, I didn't get that return.
Speaker 7: I actually you know, by the time I got rid of it, it was it wasn't running, so I just basically got what I could.
Speaker 1: For it, right, Yes, did you make sure to click that as is button on the title?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Hey, Candy, let's hit some comments real quick before we changed it up.
Speaker 1: Can do we listen? We've got pe digits. I know these guys were. They were going at it a while ago.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they were going.
Speaker 2: No, you don't have to go back too far. Doesn't see if I can find anything. Yeah, Matt Craft, he mentioned something about the trophy early.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've seen something.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna ask meanwhile, Tom Brady, Yeah, Tom Brady is tossing the Lombard. I was gonna mention that I was gonna careless behavior by him, very careless, George, You're right.
Speaker 5: Great Tampa. That's what he wanted in Tampa.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're tossing it from one boat to the other or whatever.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, oh goodness, can't I can't even I know. I see somebody that said feet picks. Hey, do any of you guys do feet pictures?
Speaker 1: I don't know how much.
Speaker 4: Listen.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna bring up something as we get to the end of this, after he goes through a few topics.
Speaker 4: So I just I just loaded a photo in the back. I want to I want to get your guys thoughts on.
Speaker 1: Since there is Hey, George, I'm sorry though to introduce you to the but this is what we get here when when we get to go in sometimes.
Speaker 5: The country club.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know what he said, feet picks about Gamecock. Chuck said, that's the most he's ever sold something for. Oh, no comment, Oh my gosh, game Cock, Chuck.
Speaker 3: We can talk about this money being thrown for selling. How about the Boston Red Sox. They gave they gave Chris Christian Campbell uh a contract back in early April sixty million dollars to play in the big leagues, and now they've demoted him to the Miners April sixty million dollars, and now I demoted him to the miners twenty two years old. You could give me sixty million dollars.
Speaker 8: They're so screwed up right now. Every time they get a superstar in Boston, they find a way to ruin it and trade him and get rid of him. If I was a Boston Nation guy or lady, I would be so upset right now. You would not see me giving them a nickel at Fenway Park. There's no other team i've seen that has blown it as much as they have in the last three or four big names that they've signed.
Speaker 5: Just face it, they don't have a clue what they're doing. I don't care what they say.
Speaker 8: They can spin it any way they want candy.
Speaker 5: That's my opinion.
Speaker 4: He's not wrong.
Speaker 5: And you know what, they let my boy go Dave Debrowski. Dave Debrowski was the president of that organization. Remember all of a sudden, Oh oh, he's not coming back.
Speaker 8: Okay, fine, he did a nice job in Philadelphia, that's fine.
Speaker 6: He loves it there.
Speaker 8: Before that, of course, we know he was in Nashville to try to stuff a new MLB team in Nashville. I'm digressing here, but all I can say is, you brought off the bulls to the red side. They're not one of my favorite candy at all, not.
Speaker 3: One of mine either, But I figured it was, didn't They didn't.
Speaker 7: They just ran there the recent superstar out of town because they want him to play first base. I still think he should have attempted to play first base as.
Speaker 4: They figured out an option.
Speaker 7: Oh I do too, but but like you don't push it to the point where he feels like like, listen, I'm not I'm not going to entertain this. I'm not going to be run down by the media here here in Boston. Get me out of here, and he winds up going to San Francisco.
Speaker 2: Now, ye, Eric Katz and I we have that conversation on Monday on one and eight Stitches of Baseball with South Florida Tribune. I think that Devers created himself a cancerous situation, which George Steve Taylor. There are dirty words that we have on Southern Fried sports, chemistry, culture, commitment, competition, camaraderie.
Speaker 1: Listen, we can I've got more.
Speaker 2: They it always the list is always ever compiling another dirty sea word.
Speaker 1: How about that? I'm a poet and didn't know it, but that's what I think.
Speaker 5: Candy a sea word?
Speaker 7: Please, No, I know, but you said right to that quote.
Speaker 5: What up about the brewers Candy?
Speaker 1: Well, hey, I'll tell you what. Candy is a dirty sea word because her name is Candy. Kids that do not eat candy. JD.
Speaker 5: You're digging too deep in a hole you're in.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not, No, I'm didn't. Y'all got listen, we gotta listen. Candy is a dirty sea word. Because she is candy. Guess what I tell my kids.
Speaker 1: Not to eat all the time because they'll get cavities. Candy. They are dirty sea words everywhere.
Speaker 2: Anyways, Oh my goodness, we went down that rabbit hole.
Speaker 1: No I didn't.
Speaker 2: But anyway, No I didn't lead us down there. I started down the dirty sea word hole. But they're sports related. Family show eyes up here, everybody.
Speaker 1: I say it all the time. That's one of my other things.
Speaker 2: But Devers, I think created himself a cancerous situation. The he's not gonna play a position or whatever, all of that nonsense went.
Speaker 1: You get so deep.
Speaker 2: I think the Red Sox will still make another move. We had that conversation though, Eric Katz and I. He seems to think that it was management's fault. I think it's everybody's fault. It's everybody's fault if they couldn't if the management couldn't suck it up, if he couldn't suck it up and have a conversation as.
Speaker 1: Men, be honest, be open, be kind.
Speaker 2: What's the point, Taylor, What do you think was was the ratheel Devers Boston Red Sox stuff? What do you how do you lean.
Speaker 3: Taylor?
Speaker 9: He just wanted to be traded, So.
Speaker 1: What was it a Jimmy Butler situation?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm not sure. To be honest, I think Raphael Devers just wanted to be be traded and I think he's I think he's more comfortable with the San Francisco Giants.
Speaker 1: There was no guarantee there. Yeah, Steve, what do you think?
Speaker 4: I think it's a.
Speaker 7: Little bit of everything. I think it was his fault, the organization's fault. He was you know, it's it's hard to play in some of these some of these large market cities, especially when it's prestigious, as you know the Red Sox and they're there, they they have they hold their players to a certain certain level. And you look at like we we've been riding trade Turner all year this year because he's gotten a big contract out of us.
Speaker 4: And came in. He was supposed to do a lot of things and he hasn't.
Speaker 7: And we have some of these other young guys that were going around and a lot of fans felt that he should have he should move to accommodate when certain lineups is because he can basically play just about the whole infield, and at some point in time they were like, well, well he should you know, Boone struggling, he should play third, and they should move this around and do that. And he's saying, I'm playing in the position I'm playing.
Speaker 4: I don't even talking about. But where they are, they're trying to.
Speaker 7: Build build a culture to get back to winning ways, and you have this guy that's taking this big contract and you've got to hold down there at first base. You know, I could see why people are upset with him. I don't think I think he was in a no win situation and he was just like, you know what, this team isn't going to go anywhere anytime. You can send me to somewhere where I could potentially compete playoff and see what happened bet you know, potentially winning.
Speaker 4: A World Series.
Speaker 7: Because let's be honest, Boston ain't nowhere close to getting ready to compete for a World Series.
Speaker 4: So he got himself out.
Speaker 7: He's in a nice situation there in San Francisco where you know, I mean, obviously you got to compete with the Dodgers out there, but.
Speaker 4: I think he's in a situation where he could at least.
Speaker 7: Have potential of playoff baseball where you know, it's rough in Boston right now.
Speaker 4: The only competitive team they have is the Celtics.
Speaker 7: The Bruins are probably the worst they've ever been in their franchise's history, and the Red Sox are a dysfunctional organization from up top to where they are right now.
Speaker 4: And I think he knew what he's seen, and just.
Speaker 7: As Taylor was saying, created a cancer situation and got himself out of there.
Speaker 5: Don't forget your Patriots too. They're having a great last few years, aren't they.
Speaker 4: You know, the whole regime's gone.
Speaker 7: It's so going to where the players that was in that regime is now the head coach of the team, not one, but two different players.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah, Candy, yes your thoughts. I know you're on vacation mode back there.
Speaker 3: Yes, Well, Dever saw the writing on the wall. Let's face it, Boston, the Red Sox, that whole organization is not going anywhere from so he decided, you know what, trade me, get me out, let me go someplace else, because you're going to bring in I've been here and you're gonna bring somebody else in and play my position and now move me And no, no, no, wait a minute, what about loyalty to the people that are are that are there? Or what about coming to me and you know and really asking me instead of just shifting me like you know, so so the writing on the wall and said, you know what I need out. This isn't the right spot for me this and so, you know, I guess kudos to him, really like for knowing that and just coming out and saying, now, maybe he should he should have not gone as public yet probably, but everything comes out, Let's face it, these days, there's nothing that stays private, hardly at all. So but yeah, kudos to him, I mean, and and honestly probably kudos to the Giants forgetting them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that.
Speaker 2: Who who remembered that Buster Posey was the manager for the San Francisco Giants. I loved him as a catcher, who remembered that he's the manager out there?
Speaker 1: Now? I didn't.
Speaker 4: They didn't let Gabe Kapler go, That's right.
Speaker 5: Yes, I could not.
Speaker 8: YEA one of the best catchers in his era, are no question about it.
Speaker 1: I loved, I loved I hope right.
Speaker 8: For him, my hopes for him as a manager. I think he'll be good. Most catchers make good managers. It's happened a lot in baseball history when you look through the years, and uh, yeah, yeah, no, I think they'll do but good.
Speaker 2: And then yeah, back to the whole Devers thing, and what Candy said, I wish hey, listeners, Pete, it's King game Cock, Chuck, Josh, all of you guys, y'all are all so smart, Madcraft, all of you.
Speaker 1: You're all, y'all are all so smart.
Speaker 2: And then even to Taylor and Steve and George, I asked the question, is there some way we can turn loyalty into a dirty sea word?
Speaker 1: Is there a synonym for that word? No, that's our homework. You get home, Taylor, what is you talking about? Leave me out of whoa?
Speaker 4: Pete did this? Whoa whoa whoa? No one said he said he wasn't the best of his time. We said, he's one.
Speaker 7: I know my ears are clocked, but I heard I heard George correctly.
Speaker 9: He said, But I have no suggestions. Yeah, that's right, I have no suggestions.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got known for you on on that on that one.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, no. That that's why it's homework. That's why you gotta look it up later, because yeah, we're not gonna all look it up right now.
Speaker 2: But I bet you there's a word out there somewhere. Anyways, we'll get onto some more sports talk, Candy. What else do we have left? You're the topic queen. You are the queen of the show.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of stuff going on.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, there's always we always do one topic on fire Up, and that's my town. So why don't we go around the horn and everybody can talk a little bit about what's happening in your town? And obviously we all know from my standpoint that the Stanley Cup is being passed around and let's see the plastic. You know, there's a crack in it now and there's a dent here. But no, let's go around the horn. George, what's happening in your town?
Speaker 5: Well, my town.
Speaker 8: I was a little bit optimistic, and Taylor will back me up on this one, that Detroit was going to be able to take two games of a double letder, but now it doesn't look like that's going to happen. There was a long rain delay in the bottom of the ninth inning, I believe it was with a score tied four to four, and which happens a lot to the Tigers.
Speaker 5: I noticed they're not doing very well in the extra ending games.
Speaker 8: So they spotted four runs for Pittsburgh and the top of the tenth and Taylor. I don't know if it's over with yet, but but they won the first.
Speaker 5: Game Detroit did.
Speaker 8: And twenty games above five hundred is nothing a sneeze ad. The team has done very, very well. They're gonna have three or four guys on the All Star team. The division race is very non existent right now, nine to ten games behind Cleveland, Minnesota, Kansas. They take your pick, but I think that the Tigers have really proven one thing, and that is Detroit is still and always will be a damn good baseball town.
Speaker 5: They're buying tickets like they haven't bought in years downtown to see the Tigers play. Place only seats forty one forty two thousand with standing room, but they are selling out a lot of games right now, so baseball is back. I know the Lions are still king Kings of the jungle, but their number one nemesis at the gate is the Tigers. And that's what's going on in my town, Detroit, Michigan.
Speaker 1: JD.
Speaker 3: What's happening in your town.
Speaker 1: I'm in deferred Taylor. You're town brother.
Speaker 9: Well, well, of course, yeah. In fact, in fact, the Pirates just took Game two, eight to four.
Speaker 5: I mean, thanks for the update, right.
Speaker 9: But but the rain Raindeley had nothing to do with it. Before I touch on the Tigers and Lions in general, yeah, yeah, it was tied it for going into the bottom bottom of the ninth inning anyway, It was gonna be a one two three inning anyway. Jake Rogers was facing a one to two count when that rain delay occurred. He had no chance of he had no chance of whatsoever even getting on base because he has such a low batting average. And I'm gonna look it up right now. But the Tigers and lines in general, the Tigers, uh, they're they're still being all of MLB. The Lions had that number one seed in the NFC, but they they just choked so badly to the Washington Commanders at home forty five thirty one in the divisional playoff. They of course that the defense, their defensive unit was so banged up, but their offense kept turning the darn ball over like five times. If you're gonna, if you're going to keep up with the Commander's offense when your defense is so banged up, you better you better make this a bigger slug fest than this by not turning the ball over. You gotta be smarter than that. And that's that's exactly why the Lions got a new defensive coordinator, John Morton from the Denver Broncos and and his mission. Part of his mission is to develop this offensive unit to handle the handle the ball better and make better decisions with it. And that's yeah, just stick more with the run game, Jamiir Gibbs, David Montgomery. Of course, that's why you stick with more of the run game. That way you have less chances of turning the ball over. But really, the Lions should not give up yet. And the Tigers in general, they just they have the best record in the Major League Baseball, but they have flaws that they need to exercise. They need a better bullpen. Brand Herder just got the helpy out of him in the top of the tenth. I don't even care about that close call at home plate. I don't care. Bran Herder gave a vault all four runs. I mean, he's usually better than that. His era is two thirty three. Jake Rogers one seventy eight batting average fifty ops. Yes, he can play defense, but his bat eh as soggy as a saw tee onion. That's the truth. I'm gonna I'm gonna touch even more on that on my podcast, of course.
Speaker 2: Height and we'll go ahead, bro, go ahead, finish that statement up. Tell them as a matter of fact, everybody, So Taylor, and then we'll go to Steve and then we'll go to George Taylor.
Speaker 1: Where is that podcast? I want to know, Michigan.
Speaker 9: It is called the Michigan Sports Truth Podcast. First of all, it detects truth about the Tigers, Lions, red wings and pistons and wolf rings and sparns. It's critique and concise criticism, facts, statistics and research everything that's true.
Speaker 2: You just added two more dirty s words to the list. Critique and concise.
Speaker 1: There you go, love it, keep on going.
Speaker 9: I just put I just put my brain on perkoly. I don't even I don't even need to think it over twenty four hours a day.
Speaker 2: Anyway, dirty words, and there you are rolling them off the tongue.
Speaker 1: Let's go. I love it.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 9: They just rup like volcano, Like a volcano, don't they Anyway? You can find it on YouTube. In video form at the Michigan Sports Truth Podcast. Subscribe, turn on all notifications on the bell Icon, click or tap on live to finances latest full episodes, and check out our shorts videos. Also in audio form on Spreaker, Spotify, iHeartRadio, Apple Podcasts, Amazon Music, Slash, Audible, cast Box, Deezer Podcast, Attic Podchaser, and Jio Sabin. Also on social media, you can follow it on x, Instagram, threads, and TikTok at Michigan Underscore Truth and like it's Facebook page. Again. Shout out to Kris Kozevsky, a local friend of mine in Cadillac, for joining its supporters club on Spreaker just two dollars a month. That's where you can find my podcast.
Speaker 1: Awesome Going.
Speaker 5: I had a different the ground up my friend Jeorge.
Speaker 1: Hey, buddy, Hey, Where I can find you.
Speaker 8: You can find me at the South Florida Tribune and locally with the Detroit Downtown Monitor. I write sports for them and I have for many, many years. So under the contributor section of the journal, this South Florida Tribune, I mean, we're gonna have my column in there. And at the end of my column there's always a little tag Oh, there it is. So Candy put my cover of my book Detroit Sports Broadcasters on the Air, which chronicles of ninety years of sports broadcasting in the Motor City, and there's a link to that. Amazon dot com is probably one of the few places you can get it.
Speaker 5: I think maybe Barnes and Noble might have a few les two, but yeah, no.
Speaker 8: I enjoyed watching and following sports broadcasting from a writer's standpoint, from an on air standpoint, and great to be a contributor here to the South Florida Tribute Network. As you guys know, over forty five years, Scott and I have worked together on and off and all kinds of de great assignments, and then his lovely wife and the wonderful photography that Candy takes covering sports. It's been an incredible journey for all three of us.
Speaker 5: So looking forward to seeing you guys on future shows down the road as well.
Speaker 8: I can't next Thursday, though, unfortunately I have a commitment that night at a very important event in Detroit, installation ceremony for several athletes I've been invited to. So I will be with you in spirit next Thursday, mister Stephen and mister Southern Fried and mister Taylor, while miss Candy is away.
Speaker 1: Whoa, whoa? How dare you turn us down to go hang out with a bunch of famous athletes? Are you out of your mind? Man?
Speaker 2: Listen, you go have the time of your freaking life. George, all right, listen to me seriously. I mean, hey, I'll cancel myself up here in a minute. Okay, if that's what I'm going to go do. So listen, Hey, you go have a fantastic time. I know that Caine and Chuck and all of these dudes that are listening will go give George a follow if they aren't already. And uh, like I said, we're having a great time here on Fire up with South Florida Tribune. So, Candy, Steve Taylor, George, George, if you need to log out, yep, I know you were on a hard cap. So if you want to say good night, please give us your best good night.
Speaker 1: And that's good night message.
Speaker 8: I'll give you mind first, and then I think, Taylor, well, I'm going hey, listen, be good, sleep tight, uh and just have a wonderful, peaceful evening. As we watched the final scores rolling in, especially that one little game going on right now between a team from Oklahoma City and Indiana. So peace, brother and sister, and a wonderful time for Miss Candy and mister Scott.
Speaker 5: Great, just be on tonight. Thanks guys for having me.
Speaker 1: Thanks for our pleasure. Thank you our pleasure.
Speaker 5: Thank you you bet thank you so much for having men.
Speaker 1: Oh he said, did you say tata tata?
Speaker 3: Do?
Speaker 1: I love I love it? That was fantastic. That was awesome.
Speaker 2: Hey, so I know everybody listen though, does anybody have an actual score update?
Speaker 4: Like I haven't looked at it yet. I can tell you either mean.
Speaker 9: Ninety sixty two, ninety to sixty two piecers just beginning of the fourth ninety two to sixty two.
Speaker 7: Yeah, wow, Game seven in the NBA Finals ain't nothing like it?
Speaker 1: All right, all right, Game seven and game threes, And that's what I'm a big fan of.
Speaker 2: So Kandy, I don't know even where to governm here. Listen, we've talked literally everything I don't know. We still got we still got forty minutes in my state. Oh yeah, no, yes, Steve.
Speaker 7: Sorry, Hey, well, first and Foremo were sticking it up at the beginning of the season.
Speaker 4: As of right this moment.
Speaker 7: Because they just they just beat the Morelands two to one, back to being tied for the NFC East lead.
Speaker 4: Or n East lead.
Speaker 7: I'm saying NFC NLS lead and the stinking Braves are ten games out at this point in time. So rivory time in this in Philadelphia is good. And other notes, you know, quoting John Clarke here right now, right four of the Philadelphia Philly starters are have the top I think top twelve, you know, e r in the league.
Speaker 4: Ranger Suarez is a two point two zero nick Abel.
Speaker 7: You know, he's been giving a giving us some uh some innings there as as Nola's still still dealing with ankle issues. He's a two point two one wheeler, always dealing. He's he's two point seven to six and pitching tonight was Christopher Sangez and he's still a two point eighty seven.
Speaker 4: The fact that we know that the Bats ain't been doing.
Speaker 7: What they needed to this season, that's that's why they've been into trouble.
Speaker 4: I have a feeling they're gonna wind up, you know, getting a hold of of uh, you.
Speaker 7: Know, one of these teams like uh, you know, the White Sox or somebody like that, trying to get an outfielder from them, because that's where they're having problem. Uh trading for Brandon Marsh a few years ago, and it just he just, you know, as as entertaining of a of a of a person he is, he just hasn't been working out, and uh, I feel like that that we're getting ready to see a trade here. I know a lot of fans have been calling to try to bring in uh trout out of out of the.
Speaker 4: L a there. I don't think that's gonna happen, but uh.
Speaker 7: I think having the extra arms, you know, uh down there with Abel Andrew Painter is gonna be gonna be a pretty good, uh major league baseball pitcher as well.
Speaker 4: Rangers swore.
Speaker 7: As his contract is up, I won't be surprised to see him moved at the deadline. But I think the Phillies are in a decent position. They have to win a World Series this year because if.
Speaker 4: Not, I think Rob Thompson's gone.
Speaker 7: They didn't they didn't do much moves during during this offseason. They were basically gonna run it back with the same roster. I think that he's gone and he's in a little bit of a hot seat because he just ended Nick Castiano, I think he was two.
Speaker 4: Hundred and seventy six consecutive.
Speaker 7: Games and sat him down because Nick gave him some choice words after he was pulled for the you know, a defensive defensive replacement in the eighth inning of one of the games this week. So his streak come going end, and they they apparently since then, he's asked for statistics on you know, his base running stuff like that, stuff that he can he can kind of adjust things for the Other thing is obviously the Sixers got the number three pick, and uh uh, I don't I don't.
Speaker 4: Know if they stay, I don't know if they trade down.
Speaker 7: I don't know what they do there, but they need a lot of help, you know, all all three of their their big they're big paid superstars to spend extensive time on on the injured list.
Speaker 4: Obviously Joel and Bid.
Speaker 7: You got b Boll, Paul George there, you know, he's spending more time on the podcast than anything.
Speaker 4: Maxie, you know, had an unfortunate injury.
Speaker 7: Uh, your first round draft pick, you know, uh winds up spending extensive time on on the the injured list as well.
Speaker 4: So interesting to see what they'll do with the third pick there.
Speaker 7: Then obviously, you know my Eagles are the defending champions there. Uh basically been been told that now that uh Jalen Carter hasn't even scratched the surface. He doesn't even really know how to play defensive tackle right now, what we've seen out of last two years out of him. Some when people inside the locker room says he still hasn't gotten to figure it out yet, and what we've seen him do on the field is pretty remarkable.
Speaker 4: So I'm interested to see if they can they can run it back.
Speaker 7: I know Jalen Jalen Hurts have been talking to a lot of these people who have won back to back championships in other sports, So be interesting to see what they do other than that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hopefully the Flyers do something this year.
Speaker 7: Other than that, I think that that's all that's going on in my hometown at the moment.
Speaker 3: So I'm I'm gonna kind of because I know I talked a little bit about Florida, but we all know that my heart really is in Wisconsin at least with the teams. At least with the teams. Let's face it, the Brewers today beat the Cubbies, so we're always happy when that happens, because you know, we do not like Wrigley North as people, but this game was played actually in Wrigley. But the other big news, obviously is what's happened lately with the Packers, and I know Jayra Alexander is now a raven kudos to him. But one of the other things that people don't know or might not know is that our president Mark Murphy, there is in the team bylaws that at the age of seventy he must retire, So he is retiring in less than a month and Ed Policy is going to take over. The interesting thing about that is both Brian Gutenkourse and Matt Lafleur this is two years left on their contracts. He is not one that likes or thinks that a manager or general manager should work until their last year of the contract. So this is kind of their prove it year, I think, and what they do, and it'll be interesting to see how the Packers do and then what Ed does in response to knowing that this is his first year with the Packers in the capacity that he's going to be in. So that's pretty much what's happening in my time right now.
Speaker 1: J Drum talking noney all again. I wasn't talking to.
Speaker 4: Y'all like this then, so we don't know you're talking.
Speaker 1: No, I really was. I was talking to you. We're gonna have Hey, we're gonna start a game.
Speaker 4: But I got one for you. Since we're yeah, we'll start a game.
Speaker 2: And it'll be one that I lose at, obviously, So how about that. I'll choose a game that I'm gonna lose at. How about comments?
Speaker 1: We got good comments coming in, did anybody?
Speaker 11: And then there's one more thing I want to adore before anything. Go ahead, What is the worst sports bet that you've ever made? Betting with a friend? An actual bet? What is the worst one you've ever done?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: I see, I'm okay, Steve, So obviously you and I.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 2: I'll go ahead and tell everybody a story, or I'll tell a bio if you will, I listen. I can't talk drunk, okay, I can't. It doesn't matter if I'm talking about the Gang Cocks this year being a national championship contender or a college football playoff contender.
Speaker 1: I can't do it, okay, And I'll tell you the story.
Speaker 2: Played on a baseball team. I'm not gonna cheat my own horn, but choot coot. I was pretty freaking good. However, the team I played on not so good in high school. So here I am, though, we're down ten runs. I'm standing at second base, nobody out, and I'm talking junk to the second baseman because he talked junk to me, and I was like, hey man, I was like. He was like, check the scoreboard, and I was like, check it. In about two innings, I was like, I'm about to score the first run of this game for us, Like yeah, no, I got doubled off at second had to trot back to the dugout with my head down. I had to do that walk of shame. So listen, I don't talk crap. I'm a pessimistic fan. You will not see any sun.
Speaker 4: Oh oh, he frozze.
Speaker 3: He froze, he froze. Everyone tells me the best comments. I would never say that.
Speaker 4: But he got lost, all right, Well he'll be back. But yeah, I'm gonna I'm gonna.
Speaker 7: Give you the whole reason by why I said, what is the worst bet you did? So came across this nugget on on social media, where an Eagles fan is in a relationship with a Giants fan. Apparently there must have been some bet along the lines of what happened last season. So apparently the bet was a tattoo and oh my god, is it a doozy? This was the tattoo oh I said made about my husband that the Giants would be the Eagles.
Speaker 4: I lost. It was my time to pay up.
Speaker 7: First off, being a woman, Candy would did you ever want to make a bet like that? And two that would be the ending tattoo that you would have to get to pay off?
Speaker 4: Said bet, No, but that's me that that that's that's a doozy right there.
Speaker 3: That's on her arm too, isn't it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's like the back of the forearm there, Taylor, do you have anything on that tattoo?
Speaker 9: No, this is embarrassing.
Speaker 4: Oh my god? What Jason Weisteining just basically was like, I have no words.
Speaker 1: Well, what was embarrassing?
Speaker 4: Did you not see the tattoo?
Speaker 1: I did?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 4: What was not? Would you know?
Speaker 7: I'm I'm asking j D here what was not embarrassing about that? The whole tattoo was embarrassing? Hell would losing the bet that tattoo has to be one of the worst Eagles tattoos I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I was asking Taylor. He said, this is embarrassing. So was it just attachment?
Speaker 4: Talk about watching watching the basement.
Speaker 1: Even talk about Okay, well, log out and good night, salutations if you got hey, if you got something you want to talk about, bro, we gave you many opportunities obviously. Yeah. Hey, listen, hold up, time out. Look, you want to get fried on Son frid Sports, this is how you do it. Okay. You want to see here and pay attention to whatever you're paying attention to, but not complain about not getting an invite? Well, hey, good night. If this is embarrassing, bye bye, tailor.
Speaker 9: All right, yeah, yeh, yes, I know that now that you're copying in attitude with me, that I guess. I guess I better, right, I have to grill my burgers. See yah, Candy, it's a it was an honor. I'll talk to you next week.
Speaker 1: Okay, yep, it's embarrassing to talk about the Jason Kelsey tattoo. Hey, what's embarrassing is there wasn't anybody giving him the push push behind it, Like, what is that dude even talking about me?
Speaker 4: Tattoos, babe, like like a dog.
Speaker 1: Like what what was that?
Speaker 2: Anyway, we'll talk about that like anyway anyway, anyway, anyway anyway, Yeah, sports, sports, We'll ignore that.
Speaker 1: We'll pretend that didn't happen. I'm the Southern bride, gentleman of Southern sports. You know.
Speaker 2: Make sure to hit like subscribe, make sure to check out Steven Richelle and then Troop running South Florida Tribune. While Candy and Scott on vacation, y'all be blessed, not stressed. And I'm not sure what to be embarrassed about at this point other than.
Speaker 1: What just happened.
Speaker 2: So we'll continue on and let's see, does anybody have any good comments? Chicago can get wrecked in every sport. That's true, man, that's true. Chicago. Yep, the best comments.
Speaker 1: Let's see, hold on, we'll find something. Let me find a comment. We'll change off of this topic. Blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, hey, I didn't get to do my town. My town, y'all, you know what's happening in my town.
Speaker 1: I'm living good. Scott sent me a book.
Speaker 2: I am the new co host of Fire Up on Thursday nights with the South Florida Tribune at the country club and we fire up some friars and we cook fresh meat and we have a good time and we talk random sports topics and if you want to get into the ex's and the o's of sports, we can do that. Right now, we've got some time left in the show.
Speaker 6: Chat.
Speaker 2: What do you all want to talk about? Y'all want to talk about the Gangcox Heisman Trophy. Y'all want to talk about two South Carolina quarterbacks, Kate Klubneck Leonora Sellers being potential for the Heisman Trophy. Do you want to talk about the Atlanta Braves that were in my town?
Speaker 3: How about the College World Series JD.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, don't let the Braves get hot, which that was one stat I had as a matter of fact, so far this year.
Speaker 2: The Braves, they have only won three games straight three times. They've only won four games straight one time, and then tonight they swept the Mets. Can they get it back on track, Steve, I hear you laughing. No, I don't think they can.
Speaker 7: The ten games is not impossible to come over.
Speaker 4: But like, we haven't even hit the off star break yet.
Speaker 7: We haven't even hit the trade deadline, yet we still got several months of baseball to go.
Speaker 4: We'll see how it plays out. But the way that they're looking at this season.
Speaker 7: They're going to be exactly where they are right now, right third place and not making the playoffs.
Speaker 1: I think they might end up in second. I think the Phillies win at all, and I think the Mets might fall off again. It'll be close.
Speaker 7: But yeah, the Braves the Mets met thing, so I mean that wouldn't be totally shocking, but being that they've basically since you know, the second month of the season have been been riding high there in first place.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's hard to see it, but they are the Mets. But listen, they knocked us out of the playoffs last year.
Speaker 7: You know, they found the way into the playoffs after horrendous start last year. They didn't really lose too much of their team, so you still have a team that's intact that that that had ah, you know, NLCS bid late last year, regardless that they want it or not.
Speaker 4: So we'll see how it plays out.
Speaker 2: But you know, yeah, well hey and so Candy yet she mentioned it the last thing for my town, and we're going to transition here, and I think we're getting ready to sign off right after this, ladies and gentlemen. But yes, Candy, you mentioned the College World Series. You know, I told you the other day. Coastal Carolina they split away from USC back in the nineties. They used to be USC Coastal. Now they're at Coastal Carolina. Their mascot is also a fighting chicken, just like the Game Cocks, and I am.
Speaker 1: All bought in on Coastal Carolina.
Speaker 2: But that LSU Arkansas game last night, if you did not watch it, you missed possibly one of the best playoff baseball games of the year MLB college regardless in my opinion.
Speaker 3: Wow, I mean I heard about it, but I didn't see it.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, Candy.
Speaker 2: So it was like three to one, and then it was like three to three, and then it was like four to three, and then it was like five to four, and then it was like five to five, and then it was like over like.
Speaker 1: That.
Speaker 2: It was the most back and forth. And this all happened after like the sixth inning. Like and the game Cocks, who won their.
Speaker 1: National championships.
Speaker 2: Decade ago, now even more twelve years ago, they did it the same way, just like the most clutch baseball the most like, okay, this is what you train for in practice situations, bases loaded one out, okay, like in filled in we're getting the double play at home to first things that weren't routine. And then, like I said, they just went back and forth. Arkansas and LSU did the game, Cocks did it back in their time.
Speaker 1: Coastal has coasted.
Speaker 2: So it'll be interesting to see how a team who has coasted through I mean they've won twenty six games in a row.
Speaker 3: That was that's crazy. That is that is I mean for.
Speaker 1: Any team, they haven't lost since April the twenty second.
Speaker 3: Wow, that is that's that's that's crazy. Good, Like I can't I don't even like I can't fathom winning that many in a row, like I've been on many different sports teams.
Speaker 2: But to do that, I'll ask you this, Can you remember what you did on April the twenty second? No, but that's what But guess what all those players get to say, we didn't lose a baseball game.
Speaker 1: I mean, at the end of the day, they know that, right. Is that not wild?
Speaker 3: That is that is crazy?
Speaker 2: And so yeah, Coastal Carolina LSU. Arkansas had the great game. I kind of was hoving LSU Arkansas would have to play one extra to give Coast Stole a slight advantage. But man, hey, what a great sport.
Speaker 3: Well how about how about Arkansas? He had They had the no hitter?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: The third was the third no hitter in College World Series?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, yep. First one gauge would.
Speaker 2: Dude, I was tuned in and he lost a perfect game because he hit a dude on the top of the foot. Bro, I'm telling you, if I'm going for a no hitter and I hit somebody on the.
Speaker 1: Top, I was a picture, y'all.
Speaker 2: I Scott, I hear you, Scott, Scott.
Speaker 1: He was a catcher. I was a pitcher.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, Yes, Scott, How I would have been mad if I hit a dude on the top of the foot to lose a perfect game?
Speaker 1: How mad at me? Would you have been if I lost you that perfect game as my catcher?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 2: But it's still a fantastic accomplishment. But then we also saw we see the agony of results, like the emotion of results, like the purity, but then we saw the agony of defeat. That left fielder from Arkansas missed the fly ball. The shortstop from Arkansas did not turn the double play.
Speaker 1: You have to know the situation.
Speaker 3: Yeah you do, J JD. Just so you know, Scott's been listening in. He says, you're doing a really good job.
Speaker 1: Just appreciate it. Hey, man, Hey listen, I've been reading your book.
Speaker 3: I'm proud of you, he says, he's proud of you.
Speaker 4: I can't douplicate your access, but I'll make it smarter.
Speaker 1: Hey, that's all.
Speaker 2: That's all we can do, man, make each other smarter, help each other out. Be kind to one another, be blessed, not stressed. Just be kind to one another.
Speaker 4: Don't get be kind rewind.
Speaker 3: So I have a question for you guys.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 3: I will never so this was a quote from somebody. I will never understand how Cal Ripken played two thousand, six hundred and thirty two games in a row. That will forever be the most underrated stat ever in sports. Do you think that's true? Most underrated stat ever in sports?
Speaker 4: We were already me and Ben m already talking about it this week. But go ahead, what got.
Speaker 1: Most underrated stat in sports? That was a question? Correct?
Speaker 3: Yep, yep?
Speaker 2: I don't know that I could pick one like that off the top of my head. The one that I think I will go to, though, is the one stat that I don't think needs to be accounted for, and that is QB wins and losses. I I don't understand why we ever put quarterback.
Speaker 1: That's one of their statistics? Is that the amount of team?
Speaker 2: You know, I get it for pictures in baseball, I get that, but a quarterback isn't a picture of an NFL team. So as I sit here and try to talk myself through this, try to figure out the most underrated stat in sports, Candy, I might need your help to I think my friars might be a little low on temperature here.
Speaker 3: Help me out, Stephen, What do you think I mean?
Speaker 7: I mean, like I said, me and Bennett already kind touched on this, Yeah, because we were talking about Castianos's game streak ending, which I'm sure which is kind of fueled this conversation here. But that is a record that will not be broken anytime soon, not in this era, not in another era. To play that many consecutive games in this day and age, not an injury.
Speaker 4: Cal Ricken was.
Speaker 7: Not on a single solitary steroids list. Okay, so wrap your head around that long. So I make fun of Lebron all the time, basically saying that he's the Cal Ripkin of the NBA because of his longevity. Right, cal recy is not considered the best baseball player of all time, and that's why I specifically say that he is the Cal Ripken of of the NBA. Calverrickn You know, I think he barely had three thousand hits.
Speaker 2: Right right, Well, hey, and you helped me out. So, yes, the most underrated statistics you just said.
Speaker 1: Long longevity availability, Availability is the biggest ability.
Speaker 2: You gotta show up, you gotta be there. You can't be injured. And I get it. Players get criticized for being injured. Sometimes you can't help it. However, sometimes you can't.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna name any players off the top of my head.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna do that. But if they had a better diet, a better workout.
Speaker 2: Regiment, a better this, a better that, their availability could have been better. And so, yes, longevity, like you mentioned, availability, underrated statistics, Candy or whoever, that's yeah, thank you, we're cooking. We're cooking again, We're good.
Speaker 4: No, but but listen, underrated stat a record that.
Speaker 7: No one's gonna sniff at any point in time in the next ten years. It's a ridiculous stat. Like the only other stat we talk about is you know how Lebron just passed Kareem in total points. That is one of those ridiculous stats. But Lebron has been playing for twenty years. Up until Lebron, no one has even gotten close to being able to play twenty seasons. So as much as I've ripped Lebron about X, Y and Z about other things about his game, that's one of the things that I give him credit for.
Speaker 4: That is why he is No matter how we feel about him.
Speaker 7: You know, his image, his brain, how he goes about things, how he plays the game, et cetera.
Speaker 4: He is without a top ten ten players all time. You can't argue that. You can't. You could tear him down by by other means.
Speaker 7: And you know, uh, his recent comments, well, he doesn't get the ring culture. That that that that is involved in the n b A Hello. Ring cultures in every sport doesn't matter if we're talking basketball, baseball, football, hockey, it's all about the ring. It's always has been always about the ring. So moving on from that, like like, listen, I don't know if there's an underrated stat but that that is one of the stats that I that I think, Uh, I mean, I I remember when Cal was getting there. That's one of one of my one of my favorite non Phillies memories of baseball is watching Cal Ripken do that streak.
Speaker 4: You know, it was a special thing. We're never gonna see anyone hit that. Uh.
Speaker 7: Yes, steroid errors over Wade Boggs used to call, used to call, uh, you know, that's how how these got would continue to keep themselves out available on the field and things of that nature. I kind of agree with him to extent, but you know, he likes to disclude players from that era because of that that stuff, that they're.
Speaker 4: Not Hall of famers anymore, et cetera.
Speaker 7: I don't necessarily agree with that because a lot of those guys were going to be Hall of famers regardless.
Speaker 4: I think the famous thing is that even if you take all seven.
Speaker 7: Of of you know, Barry Bonds's you know, you know, MVP type seasons, he still has over four hundred home runs. He still has over three hundred and fifty stolen bases and not a whole lot of.
Speaker 4: Guys have been able to do that. So I get where where some of this is coming from. But Kane, I love that one.
Speaker 7: You sure it's Rodman that that needs that record. I mean, I think you're missing a whole era before that. There was this team called the Detroit Pistons and they were they were the kings of the bad Boys. Bill am Beer was a feared man. Okay, I loved I loved the Worm, but the Worm was more was more remembered for his rebounding and at the end he was an enforcer for Michael Jordan and and other people. He wound up in San Antonio. Uh, I think at the beginning of the Duncan era too. So I mean, I don't think Roman has the record for that. You know, there's other people that you might throw in there. I know a lot of people like to throw rite our test name in there. I'm like, no, no, you all forget about the bad about the uh the bad boy.
Speaker 4: Pistons, but they're not bringing it back. But the w n b A is bringing it back. I gotta talk about Sophie cutting ambroal face.
Speaker 7: Her jersey is sold out people, You can't go buy it on fanatics dot com. If the w n B A is not the hottest basketball thing that's going on right now, and it's not just because of Caton Clark, all those girls was credit. Caitlin may be the face of it, but there's a bunch of girls, and yes, Angel Rees is a part of that.
Speaker 4: She is just trademarked the phrase me bamd.
Speaker 6: We can trade.
Speaker 7: She wants our angel continue to develop your game, Lady, continue it. We want you to beat the magic to the bird. We want you to do that. Help the w NBA grow. I was a staunch advocate for women's mixed martial arts ten years ago when it was starting to blow up.
Speaker 4: I will be a staunch advocate for the w NBA.
Speaker 7: Get out of the red, get into the black, start putting these things together. And yes, when when you're when the collective bargain agreement comes up, get better referees, because the referees are freaking terrible right now, absolutely terrible, but but the thing rible saying Sophie, Sophie should have been ejected. Do you realize Sophie is a is a taekwondo black belt. If she wanted to hurt that girl and put her in a bass spot. She would have she would have, Okay, So she took it very easy. Tod did it, did it in a professional way and may have not looked at it at the point in time. But guess what, no one's talking more about the w n b A than we ever, than we are than we are right now. And it's because of multiple different women. And I'm all for it. Oh, they still doing it.
Speaker 4: Indiana.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's final game seven.
Speaker 7: Yep, I'm all for the for the Indiana Pacers win. And listen, I love the Oklahoma City Thunder, but Indiana had the Pacers. Indiana is a basketball town. It will always be a basketball town. Let them win the NBA Finals. Let Tyrese halliber And become one of the new faces of the NBA. SGA should be another guy that should be considered another face of the NBA. Let's push out these old uh, these old guards and and uh you know, these guys that need their load management and stuff like that, and give us real NBA superstars again. I am so happy that we have an NBA Finals this year that does not include uh, you know, you know, Steph Curry. That does not include a Lebron James, that does not include a Jimmy Butler or things of that nature. And it's not a major city. It's not an LA team, it's not a New York team. It's two middle of the country teams. I want to know why the NBA was so successful. You know ten twenty years ago, you had your teams out in LA. You had your team teams on the East Coast. You know, with Boston and Chicago dead in the middle, unified the country as a basketball powerholl you need you need the Indiana Pacers, you need the Oklahoma City Thunder, you need the Minnesota Timberwolves.
Speaker 4: You need the middle of the country to.
Speaker 7: Have a big, good basketball team. This will bring basketball back to where it needs to be as one of the better sports, the better for sports in.
Speaker 4: The United States. I'm sorry, sorry, guys, No, no.
Speaker 2: No, listen, I'll segue it. Steven just cooked the NBA and what has been.
Speaker 1: They need to get back to the.
Speaker 2: The non mid major, the non major markets. You know what I mean, everybody knows what I mean. You gotta get back to the easy, pasy stuff. Defense wins championships. That is the old mantra that literally everybody has lived by for forever. We don't we don't want to see I mean we do. I can't say we don't want to see it. We want to see all this crazy offense and everything. But it's gotten out of control. There has to be a balance somewhere or another.
Speaker 1: But the Pacers, the Thunder, Game seven.
Speaker 2: Best two words in sports candy, Yeah, your show, you take it over.
Speaker 3: I agree, Game sevens. There's nothing like him and I want to go back to Canes. One of Kane's comments, does Rodman have the record for most fights in the court? That is a question you should really ask Scott. Scott actually covered and knows Rodman and covered the bad Boy era, so he actually has a piece of the floor from the Pistons championship game here at our house. So yeah, you've got to come on.
Speaker 1: And I've got his book. Yeah, I've got guys.
Speaker 2: I wonder if there's here, is there a content back here where I can look up and see if there's Rodman mentioned anywhere he is.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure he did mention him in the book.
Speaker 1: I bet here's somewhere some stories.
Speaker 3: He's got some stories, so definitely.
Speaker 7: I don't read.
Speaker 1: I bet I'm over here reading.
Speaker 3: Oh guys, it's been entertaining tonight.
Speaker 1: And controversy.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's been a little bit of that too. So that's okay. That makes for good shows, right, So let's let's kind of tie it all. Let's tie it all in and let's let's tie it in a bow. It's time for me to go on vacation and finish packing.
Speaker 1: So y'all have a safe trip.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: Yes, let's tie it all on about Steve, Do you have anything?
Speaker 7: Can I have one one final thing I want to touch on that that is not directly uh sports, but our good friend mister Ben Troop is doing a.
Speaker 4: Autograph signing this weekend.
Speaker 7: He's gonna be he's gonna be down the area in the the Chadworth.
Speaker 4: Georgia area.
Speaker 1: Sorry to interrupt you, but that better not be his cell phone number.
Speaker 7: No, that that that that that is j d M Sports apparels.
Speaker 1: I was about saying about to call Ben right now.
Speaker 7: No, this is this is the the graphic for the for the for the signing this weekend. Wanted to show Ben some love, So any of our listeners who happen to be in the Chad war Worth, Georgia area.
Speaker 4: Make sure you check it out.
Speaker 7: Ben is gonna be one of multiple athletes they have situated doing the signing there this weekend, so uh hit up.
Speaker 4: J j W Sports Apparel.
Speaker 7: Check them out, especially if you're you're down in that area, and if not, make sure you're you're you're tuning in because we're gonna be doing some some giveaways between between a lot of the programming we have here. I know Ben and Scott are gonna be uh doing some signed books that we're gonna be doing some giveaways.
Speaker 4: We got some sign signed merchandise that we're gonna have some fun with. Uh.
Speaker 7: As we get closer to uh two K subscribers, we're actually I think we're pushing we're pushing closer to five hundred K views on the YouTube channel. So we're we're growing, we're having fun, and uh, we're just we're just gonna continue to to to uh.
Speaker 4: To cross promote and.
Speaker 7: Grow and have our unique individuals and content creators here here on the South Florida Tribune Media Network. And uh, you know, you know, I've I've already said that we already did the prerecorded interview with Ricky Waters this week. I just did another one, uh this morning with Irvin Friar. He was supposed to be on Wednesday, you know lines across the apologize. We're gonna air that tomorrow at six pm, So guys, make sure you're tuned into that one. Irvan's an awesome guy and uh, hopefully we'll have him back on at some time as we get closer to or into the football season.
Speaker 4: Always having some fun stuff I wanna be.
Speaker 7: I'll have some combat sports fighters on over the next few weeks on the real and the.
Speaker 4: Rear, so, uh, we always got something fun going on. We're gonna keep the wheels moving over the next few weeks.
Speaker 7: Candy, y'all have safe trips, safe travels, enjoy yourself. Don't don't be jumping on too much just just to worry about what I got these knuckleheads doing. We're still gonna have some fun regardless.
Speaker 3: I'm not worried. I'm not worried.
Speaker 4: I know you.
Speaker 3: The keys to the kingdom are in your good hand. I understand, no problem, no problem.
Speaker 1: I'll take the keys to the wellhouse that is fire up.
Speaker 2: You might have the kings to the keys to the kingdom, but Hey, baby, can you please let me in?
Speaker 4: We'll let you in the garage for right now. How about that?
Speaker 1: Hey, I'll take the well house. Okay, I can.
Speaker 2: Find a spot to sleep around the water pump. I think somewhere down in the wellhouse.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm gonna do I'm gonna do another plug one last time. Lessons from the Microphone, Tuning into the Enduring with some of visionary leaders. It is written by my husband, Scott, the Motor City mad Mouth. Morgan talks about his forty plus years in the media business and how it has evolved and changed. There's a picture of him with a young Muhammad Ali in there. You've got to check out the book. It's got some great stories, great pictures. Go get your book Emmazon, on Barnes and Noble, Kindle, Google and Apple Books. There's also on link on our website www dot South Florida Tribune dot com where there's a plethora of great content, so go check it out. If you like to listen to podcasts, you can find us wherever you get your podcast. If you see the red subscribe button in a lower right hand corner, click it like a Shaff's and also sign up for notifications because next week, Steve and Southern Fried they're gonna be popping on. You're's gonna have shows on go see what we're They're talking about.
Speaker 7: Pack Homs next week, pack Homs. Don't forget about that one for one hundred and eight stitches. So we'll be talking with former Phillies pitcher Pat Combs.
Speaker 2: Awesome, awesome, and me and Steve will be talking next s Thursday.
Speaker 1: On Fire Up. Hopefully.
Speaker 2: Oh hey, listen, I'm gonna say it, but hopefully the Southern Fried Chocolate Gentleman can join us. He said it not me, y'all, and I've joined Ben the last time. He said that he loved the name, and he said, hopefully he can be the Southern Fried Chocolate Gentleman.
Speaker 1: So hopefully he will join us.
Speaker 4: I will urge that I will.
Speaker 7: I will put it in there for him to see if he's available next next Thursday evening so we can have some fun.
Speaker 3: I know. Samir was supposed to be on tonight. He apologized he couldn't, but he will be joining you next week, gentlemen.
Speaker 7: So so so we get to make fun of the Atlanta falcons on top of the breeze awesome, right, yes.
Speaker 2: And we'll love to have anybody here that's have a good time and not call us embarrassing.
Speaker 1: And as for that, I'm J. D.
Speaker 2: Wyatt, the Southern Fried gentleman of Southern Fried sports. And the last thing I will say is bang bang good night. Yeah, So take it from there.
Speaker 3: So Samir is gonna be auditioning because he wants to come on inside the Pigskins. So next week Thursday on Fire Up is going to be one of his auditions, So.
Speaker 4: We gonna break him in nice.
Speaker 3: There you go, Stephen, How can people find you?
Speaker 4: Uh? You can find me, uh you know, Facebook, Instagram. Just type in that name.
Speaker 7: Steve, Steve Stephen, Rachel st E V E N or y C h E L and you can find me on X that's Steve Sports Talk one. I'm always engaging with everyone. I give everyone a follow. You only wind up on the blacklist if you don't engage me. That's the that's the only way you get there. I really, I really have fun with everyone. Doesn't matter if you're a Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Fan, a Giants fan, a bravese fan, a Mets fan. I hate you in general, but I still like y'all. If you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: But you know, could also find me on YouTube. You know, you know, you know I have a YouTube channel there, Steve Rachelle. It should should be fairly easy to find me.
Speaker 4: Hell, Scott failed me. If Scott can find me, anyone can find me. No other than that.
Speaker 7: Ye know again, you know I'm always on here Monday nights uh with a professor and their pupil. This week obviously, uh that that's taking a hiatus as we're gonna do hundred and eight stitches with with Pat Holmes.
Speaker 4: We are also going to be you know uh uh.
Speaker 7: Tuesday, we will have the the Inside the Piskins Show. I will find a way to keep our little round table going. We're gonna have some some fun guests on there. Uh. One of one of the Ben's cohorts is gonna be joining us as one of his other podcasts that he does.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 7: Wednesday will obviously instead of during the day, we are going to be on the evening for the fan in the end meet me and Ben True and obviously, as as j D mentioned, Thursday, Fired Up, We're gonna be back and we're gonna be having some fun here. So make sure you're locked in smash that subscribe button, smashed that notification bell. Do not miss out on anything we do here on the Southwold of Tribute Media Network.
Speaker 1: And I'll be honest. Last thing I'll say, Candy before you get to say you're goodbye your vacation to end us up is hey, I didn't have any fun. Y'all embarrass the crap out of me. I'll get out of here.
Speaker 3: Oh man. With that being said, I'm gonna take a much needed time off and take my husband over the Great Big Pond and we're gonna go on a cruise. We will see you all when we return. Thanks everyone, great show, good time.