Speaker 1: Time for a weather update. Partly cloudie, hot and humid heat index over one hundred degrees will have an actual high of ninety six they're predicting today Tonight it'll drop to seventy four. Another hot, humid day tomorrow with the chance of the evening storms ninety three to high in and overnight lowess seventy two seventy seven degrees. Now, time for traffic update from you see how traffic centering, you see health.
Speaker 2: You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal, makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more head you see how dot com North found seventy five. That is a slow go out of Marlliner into the cut North found four seventy one. An accident adds to the delays the left lane spot coming off of the bridge, then traffic backing up past Grand South found seventy five slows through. Lachlan Chuck Ingram on fifty five krs the Heap Talk station.
Speaker 1: It's seven thirty one fifty five krc DE talk station. Right Thomas welcoming to the fifty five Care morning show. Cincinnati Council candidate Linda Matthews. Linda, it's a real pleasure to have you on the program today.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Brian.
Speaker 4: How are you.
Speaker 1: I'm doing great. I'm even feeling better now. My understanding is, according to my notes, you are a Republican I am, and yet you're running for Cincinnati City Council. You know what you're getting involved with, right.
Speaker 3: Linda, Yes, I do.
Speaker 4: Brian.
Speaker 1: It's a vote Lindamatthews dot com. Vote Lyndamatthews dot com. Beautiful woman she is, and she's got some great policies here. Let's dive into them. One of the biggest issues around. I hear about it from Christopher Smithmen, former vice mayor of the city, who joins my program every Monday to vent his spleen, having a rip on Cincinnti City Council and the mayor for not supporting more out loud and advocating for the Cincinnti Police Department and dealing with all the violence and acknowledging the violence in the city. Hell, over the weekend we had seven people shot in the Greater Cincinnati area, and just yesterday to this morning, two more people. I mean, we got a real problem on our hands. Linda what's your proposal to deal with the police department relationships generally and as well as the violence in the city.
Speaker 4: Well, Brian, Cincinnati definitely definitely needs new leadership. You know, out of the nine current members on City Council, there's not a Republican voice president to push and advocate for Republican policies and values.
Speaker 3: And so with my Public Safety two.
Speaker 4: Point zero, I am recommending that.
Speaker 3: We advocately we aggressively.
Speaker 4: Train and train, higher, train and retain top pier law enforcement professionals by expanding recruitment nationwide to restore Cincinnati police force to a level needed for community safety.
Speaker 1: Yeah, their numbers are down, there's no question about it. I talked with the FOP president on the program regularly as well, and morale is also down. A lot of people are planning on retiring, and we're losing some of our officers to other police forces because of the low morale and the lack of support from some city government. So I appreciate that so lateral hires that that's going on now, more police classes, and of course the funds to support the police. How about your policy on zero tolerance youth curfew. There is no reason for children to be running amok in the middle of the night in downtown Cincinnati. I think I support your idea about a cur curfew.
Speaker 4: Yes, Brian, it's really sad what's going on in downtown Cincinnati with all the deaths, and you know, like you said, there are seven There were seven shootings over the weekend, and some.
Speaker 3: Of them involved some of our youth.
Speaker 4: So I recommend, and I'm going to implement when.
Speaker 3: I'm elected to city Council.
Speaker 4: To implement strict, strict enforcement of our youth curve fee laws to reduce this youth balance and to keep our streets safe for all of our residents because right now, people in say Citizens and Cincinnati do not feel safe.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you're an adult and you're surrounded by thirty young people, there's not a damn thing you can do about. If one young person comes up to you might be able to handle the situation. But when they cluster in gangs of youth and they represent a threat to you, uh, that does not give anyone a feeling of comfort. So we want to stop that. I guess I have to ask this question out low Lenda Matthews again. Vote Lyndamtthews Dot com It's one thing to have the police enforce these laws you have, like for example, zero tolerance and high crime areas. Enforce every infraction of city law on high crime neighborhoods. I get that once the word gets out, you're going to be dealt with in the legal system. Maybe you'll quit doing that. That's one of the elements of the criminal justice system. The problem is when you have a liberal prosecutor and liberal judges who are not interested in prosecuting these young people or anybody to the fullest extent of the law. That's that's where the failure, that's that leg of the stool the criminal justice system gets kicked out. So police could do things all day long. But if we deal with this revolving door over at the on the enforcements or the prosecution side, it's like fighting an uphill battle.
Speaker 4: Yes, Brian, it is, and it's like a revolving door in a lot of cases.
Speaker 3: And the citizens are tired of it.
Speaker 4: They want new leadership and to deal with all the violence and restore order and deter this criminal activity even our if we pay I have also an initiative that I would like to re implements to pay it the power of citizens.
Speaker 3: To participate in their neighborhood patrols, the citizens on patrol.
Speaker 4: We need to reactivate that and you know that way we can have citizens that are reporting suspicious activity with youth are anyone and directed to law enforcement for a faster community driven you know, prevention. And we just can't keep doing the same thing over and over again without positive incomes.
Speaker 1: Amen to that. Can't agree with that. More and out loud government demanding that and asking for that and supporting that concept would go a long way. Pause, Linda Matthews will bring you back and we'll talk a little bit more about your platform. Vote Lindamatthews dot com. First word for QC Kinetics. If we determined to look get rid of the pain and not take pain pills and not have surgery, and you've talked to your doctor about all this. Probably if you're dealing with regular pain, or thritis pain, he knee pain, hip pain, back pain, whatever happens to be, it just keeps coming back. You're exhausted, don't give up. Call QC kinetics revolutionary treatments the work give your body long term relief. They've helped tens of thousands of people across this great country and a whole lot of people in the city of Cincinnati as well, So give it a shot. Take them up on their free consultation. It may be right for you, and if it's not, they'll tell you. This QC Kinetics medical team will explain how the regeneraive treatment take your body's own healing power to help restore your damaged tissue. We respected protocols that include potent and powerful cellular level treatments, So no masking the pain. They're going after the very source of it. Take them up on the free consultation. Why not beat surgery? Five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine. Five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine. That's five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Here's a quick weather forecast. Today. It's gonna be hot, it's gonna be humid, shocking no one heat in Nicks above one hundred degrees. We'll have an actual high of ninety six, so says the forecast. Tonight's low seventy four, Tomorrow ninety three. Again hot and human, plus a chance of evening or PM storms. Overnight low of seventy two seventy eight degrees. Right now, Time for traffic updates from.
Speaker 2: The thing you see Health Traffic Center. You see health, You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal. What makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more, and you seehealth dot com. Northbound seventy five getting close to a fifteen minute delay between Donaldson and Downtown. Northbound fourth seventy One's over a ten minute delay from before Grand thanks to an accident that has the left lane block coming off of the bridge. Southbound seventy one break upright it's above two seventy five towards Pfeiffer Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC lead talk station.
Speaker 1: At seven forty one fifty five krosite talk station talking to Linda Matthews. She is a Republican runner for since a city council, a lifelong Cincinnati and trustee at Central State University, Ohio, Central Committee woman, graduate from Xavier University, first vice president of the North Avendel Neighborhood Association. I could go on. Obviously committed and familiar with the City of Cincinnati and its issues. Linda Matthews, I want to ask you about economic development. I think you've got a home run in your economic development plan repeal connected communities zoning laws.
Speaker 3: Yes, Brant, Yes, I.
Speaker 4: Feel that we have well, Cincinnati has fifty two unique communities, and each one of them have their own specific needs, and I trust the community councils, you know, and I trust the citizen that live in those communities, and that's why I support to repeal the connected communities. I assisted in the effort to collect the signatures to put the high Park issue on the ballot, and I encourage everyone to vote down the development in the current form.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, isn't it strange, Linda? The city shoves connected communities down everyone's throats in all fifty two neighborhoods, the entire cities under this development plan whatever the hell connected communities happens to be. And then a well connected developer shows up in Hyde Park and they issue a waiver in a variance allowing them to completely disrupt the entire Hyde Park Square over the Connected Communities development plan. So it's like, what the hell's going on here? They apparently did the same thing over in bond Hill. They've taken away the Yeah, the concept of representative government just doesn't even exist with the city council these days.
Speaker 4: That's right, and that's why I assisted in collecting those signatures to repel.
Speaker 3: High Park issues.
Speaker 4: And I encourage our communities to continue to have a voice and continue to fight for you know, representation and what they want in their community is not what's going to be shut down their throats. I support the repel and you know, I asked everyone to vote, know, vote down the current route and vote no and vote down the development in High Park at its current Uh, in this current farmt you know, the other.
Speaker 1: Thing that needs to be dealt with. And I talked to Corey Bowman about this one as well, because he's faced it himself. He's a West End resident and he talks to other developers who want to do redevelopment of projects, smaller projects, and they run into so much red tape and so much obstruction from the sense out of a city. Uh. Maybe that's not the council specifically, but the whoever's running the zoning rules and the and the and the permitting rules behind the scenes. It's just like you can't even get anything off the ground. I trust that you're you would like to streamline the process for development.
Speaker 3: Yes, I would.
Speaker 4: We need to streamline it so that we can get more development that the people want in their communities and they should not have to go through all this red tape to get a development done in their community. So we need to streamline those permits.
Speaker 1: Fair enough on that. Now, in terms of well about economic growth is what are your what are your ideas for economic growth? That seems to be the big that what the city council claims to want. They're trying to do everything they can to lure people into the city of Cincinnati. One of the reasons they don't talk about crime because obviously that's not good marketing to let people know how dangerous it is. But in order to get people wanting to move into the city, what are your propose on that?
Speaker 3: While proposed that.
Speaker 4: We expand the Innovation District to support tech startups and minority owned businesses, neighborhood entrepreneurs, and small shops. Excuse me, small shops.
Speaker 3: We have to cut through this red tape. We have to begin to encourage other young people in our communities.
Speaker 4: To start opening up businesses and that creates job and give in senatives to companies that come into our city that hire locally and especially in high unemployment areas. And then we need to track and display the job growth, new business creation, and local investment to ensure that all voters can really see the results and not just a bunch of promises.
Speaker 1: Amen to that. Well, it sounds like some wonderful ideas. Linda Matthews again. Vote Lindamatthews dot com. You can see all of her points and what she's hoping for public safety, economic development, education and opportunity. I hear this since a public schools are laying off a whole bunch of people, they're on shaky grounds right now. Are you for education choice by any chance, London?
Speaker 3: I am for.
Speaker 4: Education choice and also I'm for expanding our stam education and moving towards trades trades. Yeah, I demand and we need our children and trades not just for.
Speaker 3: Now but for the future as well.
Speaker 4: So we need to redesign some structuring in our public.
Speaker 3: School system so that children.
Speaker 4: Can have access to still education, but also if it's not doing well, their parents have a choice to move their child to another school.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that all day long, London, And yes, there are huge demand for trades and those are career opportunities. Those aren't just jobs. Those are something you can support your family with and on into the future. And let's face it, Linda, they can't be replaced by artificial intelligence, which is something everybody's all worried about these days.
Speaker 4: That's right, they cannot because everyone needs an electrician, everyone needs a plumber, everyone needs someone in construction, needs their jobs that are just in demand.
Speaker 3: Yes, AI people are scared or AI is gonna take a bunch of jobs. But when you think of a STEM and when you think of the trades, I mean, those are jobs that just they're not going anywhere.
Speaker 1: They can't.
Speaker 3: We need to focus on that.
Speaker 1: Well, Linda, I wish you all the best in the world again. Vote Linda Matthews dot com. You can learn about her and find out about her background as well as her initiatives and her policies. And you know, we certainly could use a refreshing, a different voice on council. This lockstep democrat control has not done the city a whole lot of favors over the years, and you know, it's a refreshing to have someone maybe speak a little bit of truth to power and maybe you're that person. I'll encourage my listeners to check you out and support your campaign.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much, Brian, thank you for having me on your show.
Speaker 1: It's a pleasure. We'll do it again. I feel confident about that. You're welcome here on the fifty five Cars Morning Show. Take care and have a wonderful, wonderful day seven fifty five Car see the talk station. Have a wonderful mortgage experience by calling Suzette Loads a Camp at Cross the Country Mortgage. As the name implies, Cross Country Mortgage, regardless of what state you're in. Suzette Lows Camps the person to talk to so she can help you with all your mortgage needs. And you know she's your broker. She is the person working for you. She's not working for a specific company, so it's always great rates at a low cost, with no junk fees, no application fees. Let her shop around for you, do the legwork for you, just like she did for my daughter. And my daughter was so happy because they're getting the run around from this one bank. So you're working with one bank, you're working with one lender. Now with Cross Country Mortgage, you don't have that problem. Suzette's working for you and she'll shop it out in the world and find something perfect for you. So, whether you're buying a home, you're refinancing your current mortgage, maybe you're interested in a reverse mortgage. I'm not a fan, but maybe it's right for you. That's your decision. She can help you out. She's got more than thirty five years in the mortgage business, more experience than anybody out there. And I'll tell you what, you'll love working with her. She is a fabulous person and customer service. It couldn't be better to call her and she'll get right back with you. To leave a message if a message goes off five one three three one three fifty one seventy six five one three three one three fifty one seventy six, or send her an email at Suzette dot lost Camp spelled l O S E K A M P. Suzette dot los camp at CCM dot com
Speaker 4: Fifty five k R C