Speaker 1: God channeling his dinner. Cirk get them dives.
Speaker 2: BT's the cat backhand, sighed Dustin off that gold.
Speaker 3: Globe said, you want my spot, come and get it.
Speaker 2: Wanna take your shot?
Speaker 4: We're waiting for you.
Speaker 2: Think you're looking real hot.
Speaker 3: Come and get it.
Speaker 2: We're here.
Speaker 4: The road comes through La.
Speaker 2: Come get it.
Speaker 3: If you won't it, I got it.
Speaker 5: Do you think you can beat this team in a series?
Speaker 6: I got it best overall, Miss Dan Klas Padres fans can line up to kiss our.
Speaker 2: Ring.
Speaker 3: You gotta do what I do.
Speaker 2: If you won't my spot.
Speaker 7: Welcome to Dodgers on Tap. Now your host walking you up to first pitch.
Speaker 8: Tim kas Hi, everybody, and welcome in to Bo Wrongo Casino. Dodgers on deg Hope you're well on this Monday night. You're Los Angeles Dodgers thirty nine and twenty seven on this season. After winning the season finale in Saint Louis, Yes, the Dodgers now in San Diego for the first of a three game series against the Padres. It only took sixty six games for the Dodgers and Padres to meet up for the first time here. In twenty twenty five, Dustin May on the mound. First pitch from Petco Park is coming up at six forty. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear from Dodger manager Dave Roberts. We will dive deeper into this pitching matchup between the Dodgers and Padres David Vatsea. In forty five minutes, we'll go one on one with Mookie Betts. You're not gonna want to miss it. That's coming up at about six point fifteen. We've got your Dodgers magical moment. Shortly, we'll visit with Kirsten Watson live on the field in San Diego as it is buzzing down in San Diego for this three game series. In just a few minutes, we head out to the Gallpin Motors broadcast both with Steven Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 8: Yesterday, Insane Lewis, the Dodgers left on a winning note as Clayton Kershaw picked up his first win of the season. Clayton Kershaw five innings, one run, six it's seven strikeouts. He passes Zach Granki for twentieth on the all time strikeout list. He now sits at two thousand, nine hundred and eighty three. Clayton Kershaw is only seventeen strikeouts away from three thousand in his Hall of Fame career. Meanwhile, the Dodgers offense gave him plenty of runs support. In the second, Tommy Edmond in RBI single Dodgers up one to nothing.
Speaker 5: Then has I Sung Kim's hearn.
Speaker 9: Six for six at the big league level. He was thirteen for thirteen in triple A. And he rips one down the right field line. That's a fair ball. That's gonna go to the corner. Smith comes into score. They're gonna wave Edmund home. He touches third, he's on his way to the plate. The relay is cut off and in with a two run triple as has Sung Kim. The comment strikes in Saint Louis.
Speaker 8: Hey triple for Kim that scored two. Dodgers up three to nothing. In the fourth, Tommy Edmond and RBI double made it a four nothing Dodgers lead. The Dodgers would see that lead get to four to one in the fifth on a Mason Win RBI double, Alec Burlison a sack fly in the sixth inning off Luke Trevino made it a four to two Dodgers lead. In the seventh, how about an insurance run for the Dodgers.
Speaker 9: Nice day in the booth today and a couple of good visitors here in recent innings. Pop in, say hi, Lookie swings. He drives one deep to left. This ball's back and it is gone. That's a home run for Bets, and Mookie, with his ninth home run of the season, gets a run back for the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: It is five to two.
Speaker 8: Mookie Betts home run number nine on this season, a solo shot to left Dodgers a five to two lead. They'd be up five to three in the eighth when they tacked on two more Tommy Edmond with a sack fly Max Months scored on a pass ball. Dodgers with two in the eighth go up seven to three. They go on and win by that same final score. As Michael Kopek came in and pitched the ninth inning, the Dodgers' bullpen, Yeah, starting to see some familiar names we thought we see back there. Kirby Yates, Tanners, Scott, Michael Kopek. They would come in and pitch the last two and a third innings for the Dodgers as they get the winning Say Louis seven to three. Clayton Kershaw now one to zero on this season. Dodgers with the win improved a thirty nine and twenty seven on the season. They got a one game lead in the Division over both the Padres and the Giants, and tonight, the Dodgers, for the first time in twenty twenty five, will face off against the San Diego Padres at Peco Park, dustin May on the mound. First pitch is six forty and with more we head out to the Galpin Motors broadcast booth as we welcome in Steven Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: Guys, Tim kats.
Speaker 6: Great to be with you and great to be alongside Rick Monday and Dwayne McDonald here at peck Co Park. It is a gorge just Monday afternoon and evening here in America's finest city.
Speaker 3: You know, we haven't been here in a while.
Speaker 6: The last time we were here, moo, the Dodgers evened up the best of five National League Division series en route to knocking out the Padres. Coming back from that two to one series deficit en route to a World Series title, and in the aftermath of that World Series win, everybody in that Dodger clubhouse, starting from Dave Roberts on down, they all said that Division Series was the World Series. And this is the first meeting between these two club sets.
Speaker 2: You know what I was thinking when you just saying that, is that we are wearing headsets with microphone as we do this to kind of cut out the crowd noise. Do you also have some earplugs, because I would imagine this place is going to be very very noisy, not only tonight, Tomorrow night and then a late afternoon game on Wednesday. But the Padres have been waiting for a rematch and the Dodgers have been a bur under the saddle. And if you start to look at things, I mean, the Dodgers were fortunate to play well enough to win that series postseason, but during the regular season, the Dodgers were five and eight against the Pondres when they played down here.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so San Diego and the Dodgers both come into this one kind of limping in here.
Speaker 2: It's been a.
Speaker 6: Mediocre stretch for both clubs. That's why the Dodgers they've been below five hundred. You know, the last three plus weeks, but they haven't really lost any ground in the division because San Diego has had their own struggles. Their top starters are hurt, right, no you Darvish, Michael King is down as well, Dylan Cease has not been performing up to his standards, Joe Musgrove is out for most of the year. Obviously, Dodger fans are saying, yeah, we got fifteen pitchers on the IL to be sure, I get it, So they're not like both teams are coming in riding hot or riding high or at full straight.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And for Dave Robert's interesting comment that he made after yesterday's ballgame as they won the final game of the series in Saint Louis, and here's the quote, he is, right now, we're not playing our best baseball, But I think the environment in San Diego is going to bring out the best in US. And it's going to have to bring out the best in US because you look at San Diego, you know, there's six in ERA. In spite of injuries that they've had in their pitchy stand they're kind of middle of the road as far as the team batting average and also with run score they're down, but they can come right after you. And the other part too is if you're looking at Dustin May, who's going to on the man. We'll talk later about it. There have been twelve attempted stolen bases, ten of those had been successful. And the Pandreas have a team. They're aggressive and if they get on base, they're going to try and be taking advantage of this Dodger Bucklin.
Speaker 6: This is June ninth, first time the Dodgers and Padres deployment and the Dodgers stove have faced the Giants. A don't get me started on the ballance schedule, but now they're going to get very familiar. They're going to play seven times in the next eleven days. Game one of three here in San Diego gets under way shortly. We'll be back a little bit later with some keys worthy typically.
Speaker 8: All right, thanks a lot, Nelly, as we get you down to first pitch, Dodger fans, get that game day meal on Shaky's Pizza Parlor or to your Shaky's Pizza Chaki. Emojo's right now at Shaky's dot Com. Coming up here on Morongo Casino. Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear from the Dodger manager Dave Roberts. David Betsey goes one on one with Mookie Betts. We break down this pitching matchup. But up next you're Otani Rewind and we visit with sports and at LA's Kirsten Watson. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Padres from San Diego on this Monday and night. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kase's world champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio number.
Speaker 7: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 8: Dodgers and Padres from San Diego on this Monday night, first of three from Petco Park. Dustin May Nick Favetta. The pitching matchup. First pitch set for six forty.
Speaker 3: This is the Otani Rewhy.
Speaker 9: Michael McGreevy out of San Clementy delivers his first pitching show. Hey drives it to the Lett center field gap. That ball is down, It's going to roll to the wall. Otani around first and he is in the second on the first pitch of the ball game with a stand up double, his tenth double of the season and the Dodgers in business right away.
Speaker 8: Yeah show Hey Otani wasting no time and lead off double his tenth of this season. He would go one for four yesterday, now betting two ninety three on the season as the Dodgers beat the Cardinals in Saint Louis yesterday seventy three.
Speaker 7: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 8: Hey Karson now joins this Rebecca Pork brought to you by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate that old car? Eight seven to seven Cars for Kids. Get him a call right now from the ages. Anybody to take your donation. That's Cars with the K donate your car today, all right, Kerson. Saint Louis was great, Dodgers in on a winning note, and now the series is here. We've been waiting two months for the Padres and it starts tonight at p CO Park.
Speaker 10: First of all, it's crazy to think that we are just seeing them. It's June nine. This is our first matchup with them, the first.
Speaker 11: Time being here since there an NLDS, but Game four and everything turned around in that moment, So it's an interesting one. As much as it feels like it was yesterday. That also feels like a long time ago, and I think there's a little bit more.
Speaker 10: At sake with this series as well. If you look at the standings, the Dodgers are a game ahead. We're going to be.
Speaker 11: Facing the Padres this next seven gate seven of ten, which is add that it's a lot a lot of things can swing and shift in that moment. But the guys they look at it as they always do. It's a one game at a time, you know it instill the middle of the season. It's not going to have too much impact long term, but they do want to make sure that they're in a good spot to kind of just set the tone, and so Dave Roberts is hoping to see that with this group.
Speaker 8: Dustin May on the mound, we've seen him have some success against the Padres a couple of years ago before as injuries, but the Dodgers really need him to get back to the dust and May have old.
Speaker 3: They do.
Speaker 11: And for him, dust who May, this is maybe his first time being in a situation in which he's gonna be dying in a big playoff atmosphere in the Big States. It's really just about rising to the occasion. It's not gonna be a test per se, but it should be an exciting one for him.
Speaker 8: Yeah, dust and May gotta get it going tonight. They need Dustin May from a few years ago to give him solid innings tonight in this series opener again the Dodgers and Padres, meaning just the first time this season here on June the ninth. All right, as we continue here on Morogo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. David Bats goes one on one with Mookie Betch. But I'm next your injury report. Hey, we'll here from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. It's the Dodgers and Padres, first pitch from San Diego coming up in six forty. I'm Tim Kasis, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 8: Wrongo Casino Dodges on Deck continues as we lead Jepson for pitch, Dodgers and the Padres Marogo Casino Resort and spat a Grand Slam. Four good times, Dustin mate, Nick Pavetta. The pitching matchup, first pitch set for six forty.
Speaker 3: He's the LA Dodgers injury report.
Speaker 8: Is that if by UCLA healthy official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Tony gonslid on the I L with the right elbow sort is Tyler Glass now on the I L at the shoulder inflammation. Blake Snell also on the IL image and is in Triple A, Oklahoma City working his way back from Tommy John surgery. He could be that next starter that could help me join this Dodgers rotation. Rookie Sasaki on the I L at the right shoulder impingement, Blake trying to Bruce dark Rad orol Boat trying to work their way back as well.
Speaker 5: On the sixty day I L.
Speaker 8: All right, we head back out to Petco Park in San Diego and check out with the Dodgers skipper.
Speaker 4: Any questions for Dave Dave?
Speaker 3: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 2: Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 3: The dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 12: I think it feels good to be in some some southern California weather. Being back here is obviously it's gonna be an intense series, a lot of crazy ball games, intense competition. I know these guys have been waiting to, you know, get a crack at us, and we're looking to play these guys as well.
Speaker 11: In the series like this provide somewhat of the mid season spark per se.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 12: So, you know, if you look back to the last couple of weeks, playing the Yankees the Mets a couple of times, obviously that kind of infused some energy emotion into our club, and then obviously playing these guys within the division, it's gonna do the same thing. So again, it probably will feel like a playoff game tonight.
Speaker 13: There are obviously a lot of emotions in that series last year. How much do those things kind of linger going into like something like this and then a new year in the middle of June, they're like, you can still feel some of that.
Speaker 12: I don't know, you know, I thought last year ended pretty well for us. I think that we feel good about it. But we've all turned the page on that and know that, you know, this is a team that's really hungry. They're they're really it's a really talented ball club. They're gonna fight to the end against us. They've been waiting for this series for redemption. So but like I said, yesterday. It's still one game, it's still one series, but it's gonna be a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: How much do you think.
Speaker 13: It's like the course, a lot of these teams have been the same last three or four years. You guys have met in the playoffs a lot, Like how much does that just kind of add to like what's always been, you know, an interdivision matchup, but.
Speaker 5: Does kind of give it a different feel.
Speaker 13: Especially in another year where you guys are both competing for the division.
Speaker 2: I think so.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 12: I think the familiarity of the cores from both sides for the most part, remaining intact, adds to the flavor the history. And I think the familiarity, you know, I think that the fans certainly can relate to the same players, uh, you know, playing against one another. The players can kind of look across the diamond and see familiar faces that have kind of been through this, uh, you know, this rivalry or whatever you want to call it. So I certainly think that it adds to the flavor of the series.
Speaker 14: Yeah, yeah, A.
Speaker 8: Lot of flavor in this series isn't a rivalry. It's been debated on sports talk radio for the last two years, all right, that's Dave Roberts down the dugout. When we continue here on Wronggo Casino Dodgers on Deck. We will check in with the David Vasse as we lead jump to first pitch. Don't forget David's gonna go one on one with Mookie Betts. That's coming up in about twenty five minutes. Dodgers Padres first pitch is six forty. I'm Tim Katson's world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: As we were saying yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 8: Dodgers Padres, for the first time in twenty twenty five, square off Dustin may Nick Pavet of the pitching matchup.
Speaker 5: First pitch set for six.
Speaker 3: Forty, joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 4: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 3: This is Dodger insider David base.
Speaker 5: All right, DV.
Speaker 8: They're gonna square off seven times in the next eleven days. But this is the first time here in twenty twenty five, and I can hear it in the background.
Speaker 5: It sounds like it is gonna be electric.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I'm looking out at that center field grass area. It is completely full. Fans are already taking their positions here at Petco Park. There are a lot of Dodger fans. Obviously, school getting out, so it affords the families in Los Angeles to be able to come down and support their team. I'm looking at the third base side right now, a lot of Dodger blue. On the first base side, a lot of Padre brown and gold. So certainly this is going to be an electric atmosphere and really can't wait for it to start.
Speaker 5: David's driven by Ford.
Speaker 8: If there's one thing we like, its choice, find yours with the four and f one to fifty gas hybrid, all electric, tough, this mart can only be called the f one fifty. The actual play on the field, David Dodgers a game up in the standings, both teams kind of reeling as far as starting pitching. His concerns searching for guys to give them Innians and certainly offenses that can score.
Speaker 15: Yeah, and honestly, right now, both teams are not hitting on all cylinders. The Padres offense has kind of stalled out. They've had trouble scoring runs the last couple of weeks. Jackson Merrill and Fernando Tattis Junior are both in big time slumps. It's really been the Manny Machado show. He's the only Padre that not only is trying to carry the load but also trending up wards. In fact, people are starting to talk about Manny Machado as an MVP.
Speaker 4: Candidate, and rightfully so.
Speaker 15: So we'll see whether or not the rest of the Padres find something as they usually do against the Dodgers. And as far as the Padres go, they have one of the best records at home twenty and ten and their starter tonight, Nick Pavetta, has an ERA of under two in this ballpark, Dustin May's era away from Dodgers Stadium over five. So something's got to give tonight. But I firmly believe, and I felt this way for a while. If the Dodger offense can score first, it makes things a lot easier for Dave Roberts to deploy his relievers, especially if you know he can get at least five innings from Dustin May.
Speaker 5: Dustin May part of this rotation.
Speaker 8: But what does this rotation look like DV now that Tony Gonsol's on the IL and they just don't know what he's gonna come back.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 15: The Dodgers are fortunate that they have a day off coming up on Thursday before they return home for their next homestand so it affords them to be able to go with their four starters once around the turn before they have to fill Gonsolin's spot. It also buys some time to give Emmed Sheen another rehab a pear pearance because he's made two and he's only gone three innings. Both have been very encouraging. Dave Roberts said, he certainly is in the conversation after his next rehab start to possibly fill the spot of Tony Gonsolin in the Dodger rotation. So that's where things stand as far as that goes. Tomorrow will be some sort of bullpen game. I actually helped Matt Soer find his way inside of Peco Park today, tim as his uber dropped him off from the San Diego Airport with his luggage on the streets of the gas Lamp district and he was close by. He was close, but I had to help him find his way inside Peco Park. So Matt Sour likely will be part of whatever the Dodgers pieced together for a pitching game tomorrow.
Speaker 8: David Veasse always at helping hand to those that needed. Ridv Able check back in with you just a little bit coming up here. I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear from Mookie Betts when dB goes one all with him. In about fifteen minutes, we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. But up next your Dodgers Magical Moment. We leave you after first Pitchman San Diego, Dodgers and Padres. I'm Tim Kase's world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Number Day.
Speaker 7: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 8: Dodgers, Padres, Dustin May Nick Paveta. The pitching matchup on this Monday night. First Pitchman San Diegos at six forty.
Speaker 4: Who wants that.
Speaker 7: Hot It's time for the Hawfe Magical Moment. Pitch Magical Magical presented by Hawby Hot Dogs.
Speaker 8: We go back to last year's an l DS Game five at Dodgers Stadium, October eleventh. It was you Darvish versus Yoshinobu Yamamoto. The Dodgers would take a one nothing lead in the second on a Key k Hernandez solo home run. In the seventh, they Oscar Hernandez with a solo home run. What a night for Yoshinobu Yamamoto when deep into the game, turning over to Blake trying to close it out in the ninth.
Speaker 16: Dodgers two Padres nothing. Game five of the Division Series comes down to this, trying against Fernando Tatist Junior. Here's the pitch. Tati swings choping a third bet kid picked by Hernandez. There's the throw that thing for alf.
Speaker 1: Fireworks go off and straight away center field. As the Dodgers shut out the Padres. Getting back to back games, they are going to the National League Championship Series.
Speaker 5: What a night for the Dodgers.
Speaker 8: Two nothing went over the Padres to come back and win Game five of the NLD. Yes the Dodgers stadium, go onto the NLCS, beat the Mets, then go onto the World Series and beat the New York Yankees. Is Hofey Magical Ballman, brought to you by Hofey Hot Dogs. Hoffey so cows the local treasurer for nearly one hundred years. Hoffey hot Dogs, local and so great. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll check you out, Rick Monday, as we're leading you up to first pitch, Dodgers and Padres. I'm Tim Kas's world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 8: It's the Dodgers and the Padres on this Monday nights.
Speaker 5: Dustin May, Nick Bavetta.
Speaker 8: The pitching matchup first Pitchman San Diego to start this series is coming up at six forty.
Speaker 7: And now joined by David Basseying. Here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 2: Rick.
Speaker 15: The last time the Dodgers saw the Padres, it was libration time at Dodger Stadium, Game five of the NLDS.
Speaker 4: A lot of good memories that were the last few months here.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you a question. Do you remember when the buses pulled away from the stadium after that last game here?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it wasn't feeling great.
Speaker 2: Well, it's amazing how many people were motioning the fact that the Dodgers were number one because they were holding up one finger as we left, and this is going to be a loud night here tonight all three games. I would imagine it's going to be that way, which is absolutely perfect. And Dave Roberts was making a mention of it after the game yesterday in Saint Louis. Dodgors on the winning side of the ledger finally, and he said, Hey, look, we've not been playing our best baseball, he said, but the environment in San Diego, he believes is going to bring out the best in his team. And hopefully that's going to be the case. The offense has to get going. Clayton Kershaw pitched a heck of a ball game and we're seeing him get better and better and better in his outings. Higher velocity yesterday, curveball was back there. The slider has some teeth to it for Clayton Kershaw. Good on you for a good outing in five very strong innings pitched Rick.
Speaker 15: It's interesting these two teams meeting up. The Padres offense is slumping right now. Manny Machado is doing a lot of the work. Maryl and Tatis are in a slump. They have one of the best home records in baseball twenty and ten Dustin May has one of the worst road records. How do you see this one going just tonight?
Speaker 2: This is the reason you play one hundred and sixty two to see what's going to happen. You can take all the numbers and you can put them in the computer, and the computer comes out with three words, play the game. And that's exactly right. And I'm not trying to soft sell it, but that's the situation. And while the p Andres are struggling offensively, you look at the Dodgers again. They're the best hitting team average wise in baseball. They've scored the most runs in baseball. They've hit the most home runs in Major League Baseball. Alth over yesterday, Mookie Betts in the seventh then he hit the first home run in four games. The Dodgers have been able to have leave the ballpark. But in that series in Saint Louis, for example, they were just four for thirty nine with runners in scoring position. That's a one to oh three average. If we go back to the last six games the Dodgers collectively, you're hitting just one forty eight with runners in scoring position. And it reminds me of a comment that Tommy Desorta made in his Hall of Fame managerial career. We were struggling at the time. We were getting a lot of runners on base, not knocking them in, and Tommy got caught in a compent after the game. He says, well, we're getting them on, but we're not getting him in. But it's better to get them on because you can't get him in unless you get him on. And he realized that he was basically encapsulating himself into a comment that was going to go absolutely nowhere and says, oh the heck what they says. All I can tell you is we're not scoring enough runs.
Speaker 15: Well, hopefully yesterday is something that Dodgers can feel good about coming into the game tonight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think so. It was a happy flight, as we've talked about, but the Dodgers understand exactly what they need to do. And the other part too, is I found a number today this morning and just looking in research as we do every day before we come to the ballpark. You know, the last two years, the Dodgers, and we've talked about this, each the last two seasons with two outs, have the most runs that they've scored of any team in Major League Baseball. But a suggestion to the Dodgers, don't wait till they're two outs.
Speaker 15: No, do not wait until there's two outs, and don't wait until the eighth inning to really turn on the after burner.
Speaker 2: Hey, you might be onto something. Go ahead and tell the guys that way.
Speaker 4: It sounds good.
Speaker 2: Rick.
Speaker 15: We'll check back in with you and Steven Nelson tonight here at pet Go Park.
Speaker 2: See you pal, all right?
Speaker 15: There he goes Rick Monday. One of the great guys you'll ever meet in your life. Tim, We'll send it back to you in the studio, no doubt he is the best. And that's the Dodger game plan.
Speaker 8: Dodger fans, you need a game plan to start your future out of California Community college financial aids available to help you with tuition, books, and sometimes even the rent. It's time to take that next big step. What are you waiting for? Classes?
Speaker 5: Give fill up quickly, roll today and I can go to college dot com.
Speaker 8: Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll get you a preview this bitching matchup. Steven and Rick will be back with the keys to the game. But up next we go high and tight with Mookie betts. I'll go anywhere. It's the Dodgers and the Padres. First bitch is six forty. I'm Tim Kase's a world champion. Los Angeles Dodgers audio nowhere.
Speaker 7: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack On, the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 8: Cleaning up to Dodgers and Padres on this Monday night, tested May Nick.
Speaker 5: Pavett of the Bitching Matchup.
Speaker 8: Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Zinchi Sushi, made fresh onside daily by professionally trained sushi chefs with precision passion, a tradition. You can taste enjoy it while watching and listening to a game. It's a quicker, affordable meal the whole family can enjoy. They got all the different kind of roles you'd like. They got the platters they got of course my favorite, the mango crunchy dragon rule. It's the best. They also got poke bulls as well. Find zen She sush She in the next to the deli counter at Ralphs. Zen She handkrafted sus she always fast, fresh and easy.
Speaker 7: And now what will likely be vasse fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 5: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 3: This is high and.
Speaker 15: Tight Padres, Dodgers, Dodgers Padres. Enough set, and we're joining right now by one of the heroes of the Dodgers postseason run last year and obviously one of the best players of his generation, the one and only Mookie Bets.
Speaker 4: Mookie, thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 14: Of course. You know, I always got time for you.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 12: Oh.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 15: I love it, and I love that the Dodgers and Padres are back at it for the first time this season. When you're out here taking your infield drills or when you first walked into the stadium, did the memories of last year flood through or does it feel like just another regular season game.
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 17: No, the memories definitely fled through. I mean, obviously they don't. They're not relative to what's going on right now. But you know, you just kind of think about, you know, things that you've done here and how much how much this this place has been in your happy, happy happy thousand and you're sad ones as well, and so you know, you just grow a weird love for for being here.
Speaker 15: Yeah, and last year it feels like this was the site of when your postseason turned around.
Speaker 14: Yeah, this is this is it.
Speaker 17: You know, Like I said, I have so many memories here, good and bad that I just, uh, I enjoy I really do enjoy playing here.
Speaker 15: I covered the Lakers back when Shaq and Kobe were playing and the Sacramento Kings put together a nice run for four or five years. Does it kind of feel like that between the Dodgers and Padres that Lakers Sacramento Kings feel?
Speaker 17: Yeah, I mean, you know, I don't remember that what that feel was was, but you know, just just just uh, it is fun knowing that, you know, every time you come in to Peco or I'm sure every time they come to Dodger Stadium, like there's gonna be a dogfight. You know, it's gonna be a you're gonna you're gonna have to play some good baseball. I mean, you're gonna get hit in the mouth and you're gonna see how you how you take it, and so uh, you know that's the that's the beauty of uh, you know.
Speaker 15: Sports, no doubt, and Mookie Betts is all about competition. He even called out Brady Ebel here to compete with him at shortstop. I mean, you're always looking for somebody to compete against.
Speaker 14: Uh, I do. I do love competition.
Speaker 17: Both both of my parents enjoyed competing and everything, and so my whole family we all love doing and so I mean, it was it's good to get to get him out there and show him some, uh, show him some some tips and tricks that I've kind of learned along the way, and compete while doing it.
Speaker 15: Mookie shortstop, You've looked like a natural out there this year. What about the little different things about shortstop? Do you feel like you're going next level now at that position?
Speaker 14: I don't know.
Speaker 17: It's hard to say, because you know, I just want to be consistent in being the best I can be every day, and that's you know, making all the routine plays and if I can make some some nice plays, then cool. I just know how hard it is to play shortstop, and you can't can't you know it can need to grow and continue to to to try and be the best, uh with doing all the fancy tricks and all type of stuff. But you know, for someone like me, which is really like my I guess my second year doing this first year really actually understanding what I'm doing. I just want to be a basic vanilla bland shortstop that makes all the plays and hopefully can can do something in the box.
Speaker 15: You're doing that and more, but there's different levels of the intangibles of the position, and it feels like you're really commanding that position. I've seen you have meetings with pictures where the game's going too fast. I mean, that's what the leader of the infield does.
Speaker 17: Yeah, you know, That's all kind of stuff that I've learned. Miggie Row has really helped me a ton with stuff like that and telling me, you know, hey, you know you're playing every day, You're you're you're the guy. This is how to handle it, and this is this is what it takes. And you're gonna have to be the guy that goes in and calls.
Speaker 14: And meeting when the game needs to slow down. You're gonna have to know what everybody needs to be doing. You're gonna have to move guys.
Speaker 17: You know, you're gonna have to, just like you said, be the captain of the infield. And I didn't really know what that means. And I'm not really here to be the captain of nothing. I'm really just here to just kind of take care of my job. But I guess, you know, miggi Ro kind of explained that that is my job, is kind of doing.
Speaker 14: That, and so it's a it's it's been okay. It's it's been okay.
Speaker 17: But definitely, definitely, definitely I got a lot more learning to do. Sometimes in the middle of the games, man, I'm out.
Speaker 14: There, like I have no idea what to do.
Speaker 17: I have no idea if the ball is hitting me, I don't know. And like during those situations, miggi Ro is right there on the top step and I can look at him and we had this little sign language that would commun communicate and he he like helps me in those tenth inning, eleventh and twelfth any moments because I've never been in those situations before. That's the first time, you know, that's the first time I've been in the situation.
Speaker 14: So I had no idea, you know.
Speaker 17: And so yeah, I mean, having the having having him here has definitely help with all that.
Speaker 4: Hey, we all need somebody to lean on.
Speaker 15: Mookie Betts has got Miguel Rojas and all of Los Angeles to lean on.
Speaker 4: And those four days while you were dealing.
Speaker 15: With your toe, it feels like you had a chance to catch your breath as far as the offense goes, because since you came back, you've looked like the Mookie bets we all know.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I had a little time, like you said, to to to really try and get the habits that I had developed out.
Speaker 14: And it's hard. It's hard to do.
Speaker 17: It when you're like playing every day. Like when you're playing, you have to compete every day. It's hard to really stack positive days because the game is so negative and it's a game of failure. And so you know, whatever moves and whatever you were working on, you go and do it in the game and you don't get any hits, Well, then you know that's the considered a failure, you know, and so we need to we want success, we need success now. But really, you know, having those those days helped me stack positive days, you know, one after the other, one after the other, and then I think.
Speaker 14: I've built enough confidence to take it into the game.
Speaker 15: I still it blows my mind. As good as you are, you are such a humble person. Sometimes that bleeds into where you forget how good you are.
Speaker 4: Who's the guy now? That reminds you how good you are?
Speaker 17: You know, really. Uh, Doc does a lot. Doc really does a really good job and and kind of reminded.
Speaker 14: Me of that.
Speaker 17: And I mean, you know, when it comes from the top like that. You know, we have my teammates and PK does a really good job with it. Meggi does a really good job with it. Freddie Freddy. He has this weird, weird cell a way of just saying, like, Okay, whenever you're whenever you're done in your little feelings and your attitude, then come on, I'm ready to play when you are, you know. And so that's kind of how he treats me, which is awesome.
Speaker 14: So it's great.
Speaker 17: I got a great group of guys I'm here to kind of all help me. But uh, but you know, Doc, Doc really does remind me a lot. And it's it's you know, I don't I try not to think about it, but sometimes it helps.
Speaker 4: Right now you're feeling good, though, Yeah.
Speaker 14: I feel feel a lot better now. I feel a lot better.
Speaker 17: Now, and I think we just got to get find a way to get healthy and then we'll start one of some ball games.
Speaker 15: Hey, if you need me to record a video for you, you could just look at it whenever you're in your feelings, and I'll give you a hype video.
Speaker 17: All right, I'm down for that for sure.
Speaker 15: No, you know I'm here for you. I'll be able to hype you up whenever you need. I'm like you're in a boxing corner. I'm there whenever you need to come back after the round is over, I'll be there to remind you how great you want.
Speaker 4: All right, Thank you, guys, because it starts at home.
Speaker 15: You always got your feet on the ground, and obviously everybody sees that every day.
Speaker 4: So keep it going. Don't forget how great you are.
Speaker 15: Don't forget you got one more three homer game in you to make history.
Speaker 4: I want to see it, Okay, all.
Speaker 14: Right, I'm working on it. We're gonna see what we can do.
Speaker 4: Aggressive early in the count, Mookie. That's what Alex Cora told me.
Speaker 15: I'm gonna remind you what Cora used to say, be aggressive early in the count and pull.
Speaker 4: That's where you hit pull for power.
Speaker 14: That's exactly what Ac with Delwey said. I gotta keep that in mind.
Speaker 4: All right, Thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 15: We'll resume the Lakers Sacramento Kings, and I won't tell you what Shack used to call the Kings.
Speaker 17: Okay, now, well, let's wait till after and then we'll find out.
Speaker 15: Thanks a lot for the time, Mookie, Yes, sir, and you enjoy Javiers.
Speaker 4: Find Mexican Food, new location in downtown.
Speaker 14: Okay, Ajavires.
Speaker 7: Here I go.
Speaker 4: There is the man, the best.
Speaker 15: There's nobody better than Mookie Bets, and he won't forget it.
Speaker 4: We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 5: Tim, all right, thanks a lot of DV.
Speaker 8: Great to hear from Mookie Bets, so candid with David Vesey about the game of baseball, his approached at the plate, and certainly this Dodgers Padres rivalry. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night at Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 5: We're leading you up.
Speaker 8: To first pitch from San Diego Dodgers Padres Up. Next, we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Kasey's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 8: Dodgers Padres, the first to three and the first time these two teams to square it off the season. First pitch coming up at six forty yea.
Speaker 7: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining, we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 5: Covers hitting by your Southern California Toyota dealers.
Speaker 8: Work hard and play hard at a New Tacoma with an I fours turbo Charts engine. You get a truck built for the Bulls. He youre Toyota dealer today. They make it easy. Nick Paveta on the mount for the Padres six and two three sixteen ERA, thirty two year old right hander, ninth season, the Big League's first season with the Padres. Fastball, curveball sweepers. What you'll see from him, making his thirteen start of this season. After a five to one start in his first six starts, he's gone one in one with his sixty yarra in his last six starts last time out, six innings, five runs, six hits, five strikeouts and a no decision against the Giants. Will be his first start against the Dodgers as a Padre. He faced them in just one time, and that was last year July with Boston, when you toss six shutout innings of two hit ball with eight strikeouts. Dustin May on the mound, seventh season in the Big League's his last start against the Mets, six innings and six hits, a home run, two runs, two walks, two strikeouts and five and a non decision against the Mets after beginning the month of May with three straight losses, his last three starts two and oh with a three to eighteen ERA. Dustin May, Nick Pavetta, Dodgers and Padres for fifteen minutes away from first pitch, Keys to the game, our next I'm Tim Kaison's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on jack On, the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 8: Dodgers Padres, Dustin May, Nick Pavetta, the pitching matchup in this series opener from San Diego. Before first pitch, we head back out to the booth. Two guys on the call, Steven Nelson, Rick Monday, Thanks.
Speaker 6: TC, Rick Monday. Let's get ready for first pitch. I want you to give me two or three big keys in Game one for the Dodgers' pod.
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, as always, don't be chasing pitches out of the strikes zoom from an offensive standpoint. I mentioned that because if you look at the neck, Butvendaho's going to be on the mound if he gets ahead in the count. How about these numbers. The last two years he's ahead in the count just a one forty seven batting average against. Do not expand the strength zone. That also cuts down the running game. There have been five attempts, while four of them were successful. Only five attempts have been made on the flip side. We talked earlier about Dustin May, who's got great stuff the first inning. However, his ERA is above eight. He's had difficulty navigating through the first three outs of a ballgame, but in the stolen base department a dozen attempts and ten of those have been successful trying to steal a base. Keep the guys closer, pay attention to them. But for dust and May, he's pitched well with runners in scoring position, less than a two hundred average when it's counted, he's been at his best.
Speaker 6: The thing for the Padres, especially of late their offense has really called ice coal. But this team can pitch the heck out of the baseball. That is why they are where they are in the standings. And Nick Pavetta, the Dodgers have seen him before last time in the summer of twenty twenty four, is still with the Boston Red Sox. He pitched six scoreless against them.
Speaker 3: You don't want to be behind.
Speaker 6: You got to get to him because the Padre bullpen is dynamite.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and dynamite. They don't give up a whole lot of home runs, nor does Pavetta. Seven hit out of the ballpark. Speaking of home runs, the Dodgers finally got one yesterday in the Sebbath ending by Mooki Bench. That's just one home run in the Dodgers last four games.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the Dodger offense hasn't looked like the Dodger offense here to start the month of June.
Speaker 5: And of course it's happen.
Speaker 6: Mookie Betts is getting warm right as Teoscar Hernandez has gone cold. Max Munsey has been on a tord stretch. Freddie Freeman, he's cooled off a little bit after an incredible month of May. They're gonna try and put some pieces together and take it to the Padres here over these next three days against seven games out of the next ten will be against San Diego. We're fired up for this NLDS rematch, and first pitch.
Speaker 2: Is on the way.
Speaker 8: Shortly, all right, first pitch when we come back afterwards, David veast Day's got you cover with all the postgame festivities, including Dodger talk as well. But here we go the rematch from last year's NLDS. Finally, after sixty six games in the regular season, here we are in June the ninth, and the Dodgers and the Padres finally squaring off in Petco Park. First pitches next has been Wrongo Causino Dodgers on deck. I'm Tim kateson this is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network