Speaker 1: You are listening to Video Games to the Max. Hello, and welcome to another edition of Video Games to the Max. I'm your host, Seana Gummer here with me as usual mister Mark Morrison. And well today, if you haven't seen the cover you're listening on podcasts, we're definitely going to be talking about Astrobot, the new sensation from Soybe Studios, and of course, uh you know, the Savior of the PlayStation right right now, but they will also be having a PS five well we think it's a PS five pro announcement. They're officially calling it a tech announcement on Tuesday morning, basically Marksmen playing Star Treker and Star Wars Outlaws. We'll get into some GiB Soft talk as well and some other things, and we're going to talk about all those things and more right after all, Right, Well, we do appreciate everybody that watches or listens and whether you do it live, which you can do every Monday around this time. Usually saw a little bit earlier, but I was supposed to be running errands and plans changed, you know, so either way, we're going to be doing the show here around the five to six o'clock timeframe. And yeah, that's when you can watch the live either on the YouTube channel that to network, either Twitch, Every two Network, Facebook, the Way two Network, or you can just listen later on podcasts, which you can find anywhere there are podcasts pretty much, you know, check your favorite podcast provider and pretty much it is there. And yeah, if you listen, if you subscribe to the YouTube channel though, you get everything we do here along with some other cool shows that we have on the network. So if you like anime is supposed to the kind of anime, you can check out Taco Cafe. They do a great job reviewing all the new anime that comes out, like every season, they do awards for the seasons when they finish. So it's if you like anime, you definitely should check it out. And if you like movies, TV all that stuff, the relates are broadcasting people have you ready to go? And I'm pretty sure that, I mean, they've been keeping up with all the movies so far. They're going to be doing that Beatle Juice Real Juice either may not may be there by the time you're listening to this here because they're used to pretty quick using on Tuesdays is when they do those reviews. But yeah, they not only movies, but they you know, also keep up with the TV shows as well, and even mental music and other things too, so you should to check that out. But yeah, that's enough with the promoting here. I guess let's start with the video games mark after Abot. I'm sure all of you all all know by now, it's been getting ridiculous praise, getting genre defining praise, all time video game type praise.
Speaker 2: So y'a Concord.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it, somebody knew what they had because they they planned this wonderfully. Well, I mean they good on them for like having no being really cut out about this. We're gonna end the game that's been causing us all this greed the same day that we have our tremendous platformer coming out, and everybody's gonna forget about Concord for a while because they're gonna be talk about Astrobaut. And that's exactly what happened. The reviews came out the day before, like I said, all this kind of glowing praise, and then on Friday release, I had a pre order ready to go, and uh it is. Ah, it lives up to all that hype for me. Look, you can. I know some of people are calling it, oh, they just copied a bunch of three D mar stuff and then stuck it in one game. I don't think that that's that's really unfair, and that's absolutely ridiculous to say. I think you're a Nintendo bot. If that's your whole impression of the game without even probably haven't even played it. In second, that's all you can really think about, just how game games always take from each other. That's just how games have always worked. You take the best thing of something else, and the way you use it in the new game and way you're able to bill in that together is how that works.
Speaker 2: I'm not I'm not saying after but I took a lot from Mario sixty four. I'm thinking I'm saying it took a lot from Crock.
Speaker 1: Yeah there you go from Croc. Yeah, we'll see. Maybe that'll be in the Maybe they'll the honor Croc in the in the dlc uh right with with a bo you know. So essentially, it's uh very much feels like it's a longer version of what you get with Astro's Playroom. Right, So if you played that Astro's Playroom, the free packing with the PS five. You're gonna be right at home here because you get a lot of that right. It's it's it's it is essentially a showcase for the controller. Once again, nobody knows how to use this controller, apparently better than Team with Sovie and people have been doing this for what four years now, and Team Masobe still kicks everybody's butt at how to use this controller.
Speaker 2: People don't know. It's people don't care. There's a difference.
Speaker 1: Well there's that too, but I think it's like, it's just it's something about this this, uh, the way they obviously they do R and D for Sony, so they they got a lot of time to be with that controller, figure out the kings, do all that stuff, and obviously they kind of designed it to be that the first time. But it's just it's cool. It's like, you know, you're riding around in your PlayStation five and uh then an alien comes and attacks our buddy Astro here and then the whole adventure begins. And after that you're using a dual sense controller as your you know ship beyond that so and you can even customize little ship and everything. But I mean, look, it's a platform or three D platformer. It does amazing things with all the little different suits that he gets from like a dog that does like jet packs, to like boxing pactice gloves, to an umbrella that he can wear that you can hear the rain with the dual center, which is really cool. Yeah, I'm just I'm loving the game. I think it's if you love platformers, you definitely need to go buy this. There's no ifans or butts about it. Go check it. It's actually sixty bucks, it's not seventy. They could have charged seventy for this if they wanted to, but I think they kind of took in account that you can technically finish the game the first time without if you don't care about getting all of the little puzzle pieces or the bots, you could technically probably finish this game in about i want to say, eight hours the first time. But the game wants you to explore it. It wants you to find the bots, the hidden bots, and the VIP which are all based off of very much like Astor's playroom, all based off.
Speaker 2: Of the like PlayStation characters.
Speaker 1: It's a good and not even PlayStation right, just like kind of formative things of PlayStation and even just third party players that are third party like studios that have important games that have been on all the way from you know, the early days of PlayStation like you know for Rapp of the Rapper all that, even earlier than that probably to the latest stuff, the stuff that we know, you know, God of War, Last of Us even you know, shout outs to persona that very surprised there's no like Square Ears representation in here at all. You'd think that Pop Fantasy would have got.
Speaker 2: Some well even squirrely about having you know, being in third party or you know games like that. Yeah, like how much involved they were in getting like you know, Cloud and Suffer Off into like brothers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they had they had the Buster sword in playroom, right, But you're right, you know they are kind of like very protective of their their IP, especially you know with seven Rebirth and all that kind of being a game that came out to see. I mean, there's a't they could easily they just released a bot in playroom that you could take into this game like last week or whatever, so they could they could put these in. Uh, if the game continues to sell well and they keep making content, they're gonna make speed run levels and other challenge levels in the game, and they're gonna put it in later, so there's gonna be more content for this. There's also it's so it's not just uh yes, Playroom was very accessible. Anybody could have played that kind of and and gotten through it. And there are a lot of those levels that are like that where it's not that difficult, but there are others that, okay, you might you might lose, and then there's some that are special that are like coated with the different logos of the face place the face buttons of the controller, so you have the triangle to circle the square the well they officially call it cross here. But the X levels, yeah, and those are a lot harder. Those are like your you know, the the Mario levels that you get at the end of the Mario game. Usually they get really hard or the extra ones those are like very precise, Like I had to redo one like thirty times because you're on this like armadillo that you jump on and it makes you going like you're on a unicycle, and so he's going extra fast and you can only jump one time because the game basically you have a double jump, and the double jump allows you to do the thing where he shoots the lasers out of his feet, and you can kill enemies with it too, so it's like you have to untrain yourself to always double jump to then single jumps so you don't lose the the little h armadilla ball, and then you also have things that are there trying to kill you. So yeah, it's it was. It's really challenging. So I definitely think that, like people are going on, man, I'm gonna play this with my kids, and definitely you can't do that. But it's not a kid's game, I don't think either. It's definitely something that it wants you to be have fun with it, and it makes a fun thing of collecting the bots too, because it has a base world where you can then take those bots and then unlock other bots with it, and you make like different little things with them, so you can go up higher in those little areas and and get secret things and uh they the gotcha machines back to so you get little different things with the bots too. It's like each one of them has their the little representative thing that you can unlock with it, so that they kind of move around and you see them do things, so it's it's neat All that stuff is fun if you love video games. It's also one of those things where it's like there's so many of these little bots in here that I go, what game is? Just I have no idea, you know, and you go back and look at it, and I bet there are so many people that are buying games based off of seeing the bot and going, oh, man, I remember I saw somebody bought Sly Cooper yesterday because.
Speaker 2: Is gone. So that was fun. Yeah.
Speaker 1: They yeah, that the the creative that John Gavin was complaining about Days Gone not being represented being represented in this game. Dude, they'll see what probably like, oh, where's this guy from, and may have went and looked up Days Gone.
Speaker 2: You know where it's this extremely bland now. You know.
Speaker 1: It's like I'm just saying, like, there's so many games represented in here that I think you're gonna get a boost themselves and people seeing those characters in here and it might help you know. So I just think that being negative towards it is not helpful, not helping you. They they put your character in the game, I mean that means something. There's a twist of metal show out there, and they don't even have metal character.
Speaker 2: In here where they'll patch that character out soon enough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when he keeps when he keeps complaining, they'll keep.
Speaker 2: The anarchy guy like there's drags Jella for some reason.
Speaker 1: All right, yeah, but I mean listen, if you're you're not sold, go watch some gameplay and it will probably sell you by the end. It's just Asterbot. Just like, I don't know how you can hate him. He's just a lovable little It feels like a baby that can move kindness what you know, because he doesn't talk, but it kind of has some of those characters as like a little child playing and it really does take It made me have this like feel of like, oh I'm playing Super Mario World again, I'm super Nintendo Like. It just it gave me. It pushed you back to that time and maybe just have this like all those feels again. Yeah, Marra does that every time as well. But it's just like I guess, because it has all that position nostalgia in it too. It just it pushes you back to that time for sure.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 1: And I think even if you don't have the station nostalgia to like when to go look for all those bots, it's still a fantastic game in its own right regardless of that, but obviously it does help care about that considering the average age of GAMERSUS, you know, our age or basically millennials at the point. So right, well, I know you've been playing more Star Wars Outlaws yep.
Speaker 2: And it's funny because it isn't either. I mean, he I think he dislikes it more than I do. I'm like way further than I I'm way further than him because I actually play it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that makes it helps.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean the game is extremely bad about telling you where stuff is or how to do stuff. It would be helpful if you're exploring a cave and it's like, oh, this upgrade is in this cave, Like okay, how do I do that? And the game doesn't tell you anything. It's like, oh, you need this one upgrade. You need another upgrade to unlock this upgrade. It's like, Okay, that'd be cool. Why don't you fucking tell me? It's me having to google it or like yeah, it's gonna spent an hour trying to figure out how to get this goddamn base.
Speaker 1: Well I think wasn't that The point was that they wanted because you have to stealth around and stuff. They didn't want to just be telling you where things are. They kind of wanted to do the anti Ubusoft thing of saying, Okay, it's in this area, go find it.
Speaker 2: Okay, stealthing around or figuring how to out where it is, that's one thing. But the game not telling you, hey, you need this one blaster module to get to you know, through the door, that's another.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: It just leads to frustration on ENS's part, or we just like quickly googling it and going, Okay, I guess you can't just do this now, I'm going to do something else, you know. Ah yah, Metlando, he is bad. Uh yeah, it's still a mess. I'm still plowing through it.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I mean, what do you think about Uh did this game's low reception? I mean, not great reception critic wise, and then sales haven't been great apparently of that much of the game either. So it's been leading to you'd be soft.
Speaker 2: Just absolutely, Yeah, that's entirely valid, and it's on them, you know, well, I guess it's more on them. I mean, who knows what Star Wars mandated or you know, Disney mandated. But for a game called like Star Wars Outlaws, you're not an outlaw at all. You know, you're just it's kind of well meaning underdog character. And it'd be like, this would be great. It's like you could be attacking civilians or actually being like a rogue roguage character, but you can't. So it's entirely flat footed, Like it'd be great if you could actually you like partner up with the imperials, like just as an idea, but they're always just like the bad guy. And it's like okay, so it's like every other goddamn Star Wars.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, it's still a rebel story.
Speaker 2: No it's not, it's a rogue story. Well, i mean she actually kind of dislikes the rebels in a way, but I mean that's that's the whole point is, like you know, and Yen just complained about earlier like earlier Star Wars games actually like had you be part of the empire or had like more you know, they had more black and white lines, and this game just makes you want to be like it's all this gray character and so it's like, okay, this character has no bite because you wanted to be this like nice character, but it doesn't fit a story because that's so boring, you know.
Speaker 1: Well, it's also like they're they're trying, they're sneaking around and being a smuggler, Like why do they have to be a nice character? You know, you think that they would have added more choice for you to if you just want to be a total asshole.
Speaker 2: Yeah. A good example is all the stealth stealth quote unquote stealth kills, Like you don't really kill anyone, you just like knock them out right. And it's like, wouldn't this be great if like this, you know, stormtroopers on this like ledge, why can't you just like push them off? So just knocking them out because pushing them off, you know, that would be a darker thing. But also, hey, you know the other stormtroopers wouldn't find his body then you, yeah, pick up bodies and move around. The assassin's creed just makes the entire things feel like really ruthless.
Speaker 1: They don't want it to be a hit Man Star Wars either. I think you know, there's still Disney involved in here. You know, they still want kids or these teenagers to be playing this game.
Speaker 2: So yeah, but it just makes us feel like incredibly, Like I said, just laying, it's just like that Borderlines movie.
Speaker 1: You know, you always got to take a shot at the well.
Speaker 2: I mean it was fussy rted R. And then they scaled back and screwed it up.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, because they found out they needed more people to watch it.
Speaker 2: Yeah that worked out well.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly. Nobody's still nobody watched it. So it's fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you know, I'll keep hacking away at it. But yeah, it's just so many like missed opportunities. You know that sucks. Yeah.
Speaker 1: You've also been playing a new game, A Star Tucker.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got a code. Uh's pretty all right. I mean I like the demo quite a bit. The only problem with the game really is like it doesn't tell you anything. You know, it has a very briefeutorial and it's like, hey, if you want to actually learn about the game, read the basically actually literally said the Greed Instruction manual. It's like that's not helpful, Like how about you you introduced like why you know whether these systems or why are they important, or have like a full, fuller tutorial to help help people along, you know, not just hey you have a you have a driving guide in the glove boxcovery that you know, you.
Speaker 1: Think it's a way for them to save money.
Speaker 2: Possibly, I mean maybe, but it's not. I don't mean they already built the game, like I can't imagine like a series of videos or even like in game. It wouldn't be cinematics, but just feel like in game missions or just someone talking to you, like you know, get a voice hector back for two hours and have him or heard explain like why what the gravity system is and why it's important, or you know, how to what the shutters do, why they you know, just like basic stuff like that would be helpful. But I still like it cool and cool environment or cool you know persona or you know, just a cool game to play in four around And.
Speaker 1: So is it essentially like a truck driving thing in space or.
Speaker 2: That is exactly it? Yeah, you know you actually have like full three D movement and there's also like momentum. Okay, but the funniest thing is like this, the truck looks like a truck even in space.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I see the picture.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's that's always that's great. Uh. But yeah, it's like managed damage and you know, oxygen supply and power systems and gravity and you know everything, and it's like, okay, there's a lot going on here. Read the damn guide does not does not explain a lot of this, right, but yeah, keep playing away, keep plugging away at it.
Speaker 1: All right, that's cool. Yep, glad you're enjoying that. I'm also continuing to plug away business the manna. So yeah, that don't really have much more to say about it other than you know what I said last week.
Speaker 2: So right, it's still Man in it, right, still.
Speaker 1: Has Man and got a little further but still with the same three characters. So don't yeah, much else to say there. But all right, let's move on to the news here, and I guess you know it'll be it'll be probably by the most people at the time they hear this or watch this, you know, they'll have already seen this that presentation. I guess the things to discuss out of it would be do you think it is really going to be about the PS five pro?
Speaker 2: Do you think? But it shouldn't be. It'd be great if you just went up there and I was like, all your people want is a PS five pro, But screw that, we're not done. Pay Station five.
Speaker 1: Here's more stuff about it that made you go to seek the first time. So we're gonna you.
Speaker 2: Know, yeah, here's here's even more rate tracing.
Speaker 1: Right, and then the the other things obviously, are you think it will cost the rumored price of seven hundred dollars and will it come with a disk drive or not? Rumors of that attachable disk drive happening again.
Speaker 2: No, I think it'll be sick. I think it might be seven hundred with the disk drive, but I think base modelll be six hundred.
Speaker 1: All right, So you think they're going to try to push you towards the digital model, Yeah, and then tell you, okay, well we did make a model with the disc but it's gonna bee hundred dollars more. And then obviously though, maybe the the terror ride is also.
Speaker 2: In the yeah, or it could be like the optional disk drive that you know they have with the other regular paytation five.
Speaker 1: That's what I think too. I think they're gonna they're gonna tell you, look, you've already been selling these attachable disk drives. This one actually does. It doesn't come with a drive that you have to buy the detachable disk drive, and you know, we'll sell it together with the PS five or whatever, if you want to buy it that way, right, you know, I would imagine that it's going to be only on the PlayStation Store for a while, just like the first PS five was, and like the Slim was for a long while as well. So you think it'll be two terabytes as well with the with the memory.
Speaker 2: It should be because you know, one terabyte never one territ to begin with. But you know, the eight hundred and sixty gigabytes they have it isn't exactly a lot, especially when crap like you know, Call of Duty take some tutor gigabytes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, just like you have to have Call of Duty installed and then you got to race a bunch more stuff. I would think so too. If you're gonna inflate the price, it's not just about the tech inside of it. I think you're you're also telling people that there's gonna be memory, especially if you're gonna promote the digital version as the main version this time instead of oh, hey here's the disc version and tell people, hey, well, if you want a disc, there's a disk drive you can buy. I think it definitely need to be putting more storage in there to get people to feel like, Okay, I can do digital because I can keep more games installed at once.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do think that it's gonna be a p S five pro anouncement. I don't think you bring Mark Sturney out for.
Speaker 2: They're bringing back to Vita.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure he's gonna explain. Yeah, I mean, that would be interesting, right if they did just kind of surprise people with that. But yeah, it's going to be that he might go more into that PlayStation frame rate up the frames technology that they were making that's supposed to make the PSI Pro the one of the other reasons you're supposed to want to buy this thing, because it'll make it to where even if it can't do you know, sixty frames and four K, it'll upgrade to that. You know. That's the promise of this thing once again, is that people are getting excided because they want to get a PSI Pro because they feel like, well, now, any game they couldn't do four K sixty before is going to be able to do it now with this so.
Speaker 2: And so as a matter of a matter in the grand scheme of things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll see. I do think it'll be that rumored price. I wonder if that's how they will kind of like lesson expectations or just kind of like not get people too pissed off. Is that well, we took the drive out of it, so that one's, you know, six hundred bucks and if you want to drive, you can pay eighty dollars more or whatever and get that drive separate. And I'm sure they'll announced some kind of state of play where they will promote some more games before the end of this year as well. If the rumor was that it was all supposed to be announced together a state of play on the nineteenth, I think it's September, so we'll see if that still holds. That's how we get to that. Yeah, but all right, I think that's it for the PSI Pro. We'll see what winds up getting announced and we'll be to talk about it next week. But something we talked about last week Concord. Of course, it is officially now shut down. You cannot play the game. I saw people were still buying the physical version. Yeah, as a collector's item. I guess sure.
Speaker 2: When Court comes back, I'm sure you're worth their wit in gold.
Speaker 1: I really don't think that game is coming back. I think that game is done. Even if you release a free to play I don't think that that's going to save this game unless they just make the decision of, well, let's keep some people around to kind of just keep doing updates on this game, and you know, and and then it just kind of exists and at least we have a live service thing that's generating I don't know, micro transactions or whatever for you. But unless they really overhaul the game, which I don't because it wasn't necessarily so much. The game play. The game for it was fine. It's just that's all. It was fine. And and then you have a lot of things that people didn't like, the character designs, you know, other things about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, too much fake Michael Rooker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it has nothing to do with DEI. By the way, people that are saying that if they would they would have had the I saw the thing going around about there was AI characters that were made that made him look sexier and somehow that would have made the game sell more. I'm like, yeah, maybe to the you know.
Speaker 2: Crowd, Yeah, that.
Speaker 1: Small, really really really small crowd might have spent forty bucks on it. The fact that it costs forty dollars, Well, I mean, when Hell Divers two sells, well, I think the idea that you should sell these at forty dollars isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's just I think they overinflated what they thought this game was going to be. It's just it's crazy to me that Sony saw the writing on the wall and still put this thing out to die. But I guess they live and learn, as you say, get a company.
Speaker 2: They got one big headt least this year, but good enough for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's crazy that Amazon is still going to have it in that secret level.
Speaker 2: So right, yeah, I mean they can't change it now.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean they could just not air it because they're all separate, they don't have anything to do with each other.
Speaker 2: But now it's going to be a great monument to how great concords you know, the plot and the characters were.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's exactly.
Speaker 2: In the final scene, you know this Mark Serny flipping people off. I feel like the fucker's cause it's not happen right, it's your fault, exactly.
Speaker 1: This is the episode that would have been, but you screwed it up by not buying the game. Uh, Dustiny two. Speaking of another studio that's had problems Dustiny two. You know, a bunch of side issues, but the game was well received at least, and I guess to kind of appease pepl they're going to or they can make more money off of it, because you know, so these big time in the hole with this, with with Bungee, Uh, they're going to focus on making more content, just not the like big one time expansion pack and then hey, have at it for the rest of the time. They're gonna make two like medium size expansions and then kind of all your other kinds of stories, so it's not going to be like go from A to B, C to D kind of plot. They're gonna kind of like have you go around and find pieces of story and stuff like that and tie it together. I guess to be playing longer. Do you think that this strategy works better than just saying I guess do the wild Thing reduced the one expansion.
Speaker 2: Now even while try to pivot into that as well, and it never really works out well, Like they are like many not micro expansions. But oh we got a new patch, I mean, his new raid tier and a new raid and you know a few other things but it's again except for people like weighed down in the hole, they don't care.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, we'll see if we're gonna come play the expansion. They haven't played it in like six months or whatever, and they're gonna play all that stuff and then they're gonna leave again. So yep, at least let's hope it stays with Destiny.
Speaker 2: But right for me, this year screw down.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised. It's like every every time you've got a code.
Speaker 2: So ever since expansion or acquisition. That's to say, yeah, it's been a different I'll blame Phil Spencer.
Speaker 1: That's it. Blame Phil for everything. That's that's the issue there with that. Oh well, at least it's some good positive news for Bungie. They've had just bad news recently, so hopefully this gets some people to stick around and play more. But I don't know. They still have really good numbers for that for what it is.
Speaker 2: And that's Hey, the game is still running, you know, So yeah, the game.
Speaker 1: Is still going. It's not concer. It's not gonna shut down. Obviously, Sony needs it to run because the way things are going with Marathon right now, they gotta have this going on. So speaking of another I guess sony adjacent thing, a Ballistic Moon, the developer that's working on the Until Dollar remake, which comes out in a month October fourth, They are laying off staff. They don't at least the number of staff like we've seen a lot of playoffs do. They're also UK based as well. We've seen a lot of turnover and a bunch of different UK studios this year. This was kind of founded by you know, obviously former supermassive folks who did the original Until Dawn and you know they basically did the particular same thing here every time with one of these they got to secure the future of the studio. You know, they it's terrible that they got to layoff people, but they have to do this or they won't be able to stay around, you know all that stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it happens, you know, even with like successful game developers, you know, right contractes or you know, temporary guys. I mean, I have to imagine that either the tracking for the Until Dawn thing isn't too high, which you know, because that's exactly like an old game, and you know they're not doing it doesn't look like they're doing too much to it, honestly, and then like you to imagine that they might not have a contract or a job going forward or a big one. Yep, I got a lot of like some people off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and like you said, now, it doesn't it feels like they're just doing kind of like a remake. And it's not that they like re recorded all the lines or.
Speaker 2: I didn't know they did that, because I'm kind of surprised they're able to do that because some of the people are like, you know, a lot bigger now now than they were.
Speaker 1: Right, No, that's I'm saying. I think that they're not like re recording line oh yeah, yeah, yeah, it's it's basically just okay, better graphics and oh it's gonna be on PC now and you know, relieve the story all that. But it's not like it's not a game you can't play off of backwards compatibility. So right, you know, I always put this game to do. Fine, it's not going to do amazing or whatever, but yeah, Sony wants to keep doing this. They keep doing all these remasters. So and then this one has a movie coming out as well, right, which is interesting considering like, Okay, you're gonna cast your own people in it obviously.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would. They always do that, you know, and but they do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And how much of the story you're gonna follow, You're just making your own story and just naming it until dawn? You know, how many people are even gonna know that it's attached to the video game to be to be fair, like when they go watch this.
Speaker 2: I mean were Wolf movie, which is like shocking, but I feeling good right exactly?
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, I hope the movie is good. I like the franchise and all that. But we'll see. Yeah, she probably just do fine.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: The PlayStation two, keeping on with the Sony track, has become the first console to enter Japan's Tech and Feature Heritage Registry. This is done by their National Museum of Nature and Science. Uh and it's now one of three hundred and eighty items. And of course this also includes Sony Walkman, the first CD player, the first DVD player, which you know, so you had big hands in that as well. The reason why the PS two was chosen is because it doubled as a DVD player and was the cheapest DVD player around.
Speaker 2: That's there, Yeah, I mean DVD players existed, but it really did kind of you know, popular writers to format.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, it definitely did make it to where Okay, you know everybody now that didn't have a DVD player for now definitely had one. And it was people's DVD players for a long time because DVD players cost.
Speaker 2: I was at a used game storic last week and the guy came with the PS two. He was like, hey, do you fix systems and they're like not really, like we send it out. And the guy was like, oh, because my you know, at PS two, I was playing a game and just died. And they're like, oh, well we can you know, we can send it out to our guy and he's like, yeah, that'd be helpful. Becau it's it's still my primary DVD player. I'm like thinking, like, yo, dog, it's twenty years later.
Speaker 1: There's DVD players. You could buy her fifty bucks.
Speaker 2: Man, like fifty five, just go to good Will and can get it, you.
Speaker 1: Know, yeah, go ahead, well yeah, but a good well I mean but you could buy like you could literally go on Amazon right and buy the Sony DVD player.
Speaker 2: For you can buy a Blu ray player for probably fifty bucks.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, exactly, Like and that points DVD's right, talk about that. You really trying to save money there with that, Yeah, but I mean it led to uh, it made an impact on their society. Yeah, so you know, uh, graphics are on par with the games of the time, so that's kind of their reasoning for it. Surprised that there's no Nintendo stuff in there.
Speaker 2: Been popular with technology, true, but I mean the obvious one is what is the virtual boy? It was the first, you know, modern virtual experience.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, that's the that's the one to be in there. Well. No cool for the PS two. Still the highest selling console ever, probably will be unless Nintendo happens to push it over the line. Still don't know what those numbers put out by Jim Ryan at the end or legit or not, but I haven't seen anybody try to dispute them either, so I guess we're just taking him for his word. I don't know on that. But still cool, cool for the PlayStation two. Take another honor there, and also something that makes me happy. I'm sure it might as well for you. RGG Studios is not going to all of a sudden change the narrative or conversations or much of what YAKA is a lack of Dragon or the lack of Dragon series is even though they have more fans now yeah, whether it's because if they're younger or because it's their women. A lot more women are playing the game now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I actual kind wouldn't mind like a female led one. I'd be interesting, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I would. It would be cool to see if we I mean, can lack of Dragon get big enough where you can do a spin out series without carry you or each you bond in it, right, Yeah, that's that's the question there for people. It would be cool with all the different female characters you've had in that series.
Speaker 2: Hey, ut, I can do it. Accuse the can as well?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Why not? Yeah, would be cool. But yeah, it's gonna be continuing to be about middle aged dudes and their problems, which obviously is still refreshing because most RPGs are still Yeah, and you know, especially the j RPGs are all modeled after you know, the anime look or being the big young hero, especially now with Easter kay is being big. You know, it even plays into that more So why not have something that's for the adults, right, especially because it has you know a lot of adult themed things in it. It kind of makes wouldn't make a lot of sense. I think if you have younger main character that's in it, so.
Speaker 2: All the young people, you know, all the old people in the games are like, you know, completely unaware of technology, so the old people go to explain it to them.
Speaker 1: Also. I mean, like, that's the cool thing about it is when people get into a series, it's because they like what it's about. Right, So if you're going to change it all of a sudden when you get these new people, and I don't think that's really gonna necessarily help you on that front and be like, well, this isn't you know I signed up for having with these characters. Yeah, so you know, I'm sure that they will. Now with Nintendo getting into the swing of things with the Kawami, we'll see it's even more more people.
Speaker 2: I doubt it because those games have been off forever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, no, but I think they'll see other switch on new players that might have been waiting for that series to hit the Nintendo systems or whatever, and they'll be like, oh man, I can play this now and see that people were always talking about it. So yeah, I mean, it's not like people don't play ten year old games on its right, that's a lot of what that system has been able to sell as sports. Uh speaking of old systems, though, you know what today is mark Today's yes, the birthday of the Dreamcast. You have any memories of the Dreamcast?
Speaker 2: Yeah. I bought it with a friend of mine and his mom had to go to like Toys Russ like two or three fucking times because I think we both got Sign of Adventure and they both didn't work. And I think on like the third time in a copy that worked and mine still didn't. And my copy of like hydro Thunder could you couldn't save or like you could save but he couldn't load load it, which is cool. Yeah, so yeah, yeah, not exactly a winning launch, but it had a good I did have a good like launch lineup at the time. Well kind of.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, no, I did. I remember like loving the craft out of hydro Thunder and to the fact that, like we used to go to David David Busters a lot, so when they finally put a hydro Thunder like arcade machine in there, I was like, Wow, this is so cool. I played this at home and now I can play this at this arcade.
Speaker 2: You know right, I mean the Dreamcast and out one is obviously sol Caliber. I think, yeah, Sonic Adventure was a big snow game, like it snowed a lot of people. It was like sixty four and it's like, yeah, it's not like you were in for a rude wakening.
Speaker 1: I still like Sonic Adventure quite a bit.
Speaker 2: But yeah, you like FA with Big the Cat of course, like you like Amy Amy, Amy's dumb ass hammer sequence, platforming, garbage.
Speaker 1: Going, Yeah, I had Amy was not one of the cats.
Speaker 2: The problem with Sonic is it it's not the adventure is it's it's six parts of a game, but on like one and a half or two at max is actually good, right, so that's an issue. Like yeah, but uh uh so Calber, I think House of the Dead might have been a launch.
Speaker 1: Game of the deads Yeah as well. Yeah, I played the crap out of that too with my sister.
Speaker 2: I played it only controller, you know, I didn't even have a gun.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Also, that was another game that like heavy went to the arcade and just loved playing that with the actual gun and then you know, go home play that and then the two K games came to life on that system.
Speaker 2: Yes, better than.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people people think that like, oh, NBA, you know, if you don't realize the NBA two K started with the Dreamcast. Man, that's that's where that whole series exists and all that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, at one point that serious had integrity. What happened?
Speaker 1: Yeah, unfortunately, Yeah, as as it's been the way with everything, we all got to try to monetize every something and in sports games now. But Powerstone as well loved it. That game is the game to play with your friends all the time. Yeah, but yeah, I mean, my I just never got to the store and my dad just being like, I don't remember exactly, like what else was what the PlayStation two was about.
Speaker 2: To come two years later? Yeah, PlayStation is two two thousand and one.
Speaker 1: So and yeah, I just cumber my dad. We went to a Best Buy and I kept looking at it, kept looking at it, and my Dad's like, you want that? It's like you never had a Sega system before? And I was like, but this, Honestly, the system looked cool. Okay, the commercial was cool for that thing, and it just sucks that it came out at a time where, like, you know, it.
Speaker 2: Just kind of my mam had a software et cetera. I think or maybe an ev games the time, and they had like an import This is like a month before this Dreamcast came up, but they had an import Dreamcast set up. Oh really okay, yeah, it was time to enter in it. I think just like that first level with you know, the demo of it, and yeah, it got a lot of people into it. Will it's cool.
Speaker 1: I definitely do think it. It did, and then I mean I went on to have other games with it. Also. I also had the like the driving wheel with the thing. Yeah, my first and only every time I had the driving wheel right at home, So that was cool. But but yeah, you can share your Dreamcast memories. There a great little system that unfortunately didn't get to live long enough. But it lived longer than Concord.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, for two years.
Speaker 1: But yeah, speaking of games that are coming out this week though for you to look forward to, you can go play Tower Borne on Steam, not on Xbox, but you can go play it on tower Born. It's a game that's that's published by Xbox. That rug Rats game Adventures in game Land also comes out this week. If you have been Jones and rug Rats, The Satisfactory game comes on on PC. You've been hearing some decent interesting things about that that old Atari game Yards they got Yeah, they got well rising, they got remade into a like a platformer. It also comes out this week too, And yeah, I think that's kind of h it for sort of the oh forgot Marvel Scott on Fine Clutch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the digital version and then the Yeah, the retail one comes out with two months, right, just remember that. Yeah, I can say I asked for code. I hope I got it.
Speaker 1: That thing, yeah, I want that too, on my way till till later, pops on a sale like pop Chainsaw RePOP. Also, I love that game. Reviewed that game for one. Whenever it came out, that might be something I pick up like on a sale. Also, it's not if they would have done the full on remake, I would have been more about it.
Speaker 2: I mean it came out a few days earlier for early access. But that test drive if un limiting a game came out, Yeah, it's a complete disaster.
Speaker 1: So Crown Yeah, yeah, man, all that wait for that right A right way to go. There were people actually excited about that thing.
Speaker 2: And the problem, like the problem acting isn't like the game itself, Like you know, it's a it's a driving game, but like it's so online focused and the service robusted. It's like cool yep.
Speaker 1: And that uh Wild Bastard's also coming out. I heard a lot of good things there about that. In the funk Confusion game, another game you can play with various nowhere near as good as Astrobot, I'm sure, but you can play with various different franchises in that too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, you're being judgmental.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, yes, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Once say I'm like the Golden Girls Funko Pops and maybe he'll regret to those words, you.
Speaker 1: Know what, I wouldn't be surprised. But okay, anything else you want to Oh, before we did you watch the Minecraft trailer the movie?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's awful.
Speaker 1: It's very interesting.
Speaker 2: Nice to know that, like the you know, the complete destruction and Jack blacks career is complete.
Speaker 1: You know, no, it's not. I come on, he's got Mario to do. He's be fine. You know, I'm sure that movie will do well actually or decently. You get the Jason and Moa fans that will show up for that thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shut up for Aquaman too.
Speaker 1: Well, not Aquaman, but I mean Minecraft has its fans. Man, you get the kids to go watch that thing, and they.
Speaker 2: Don't want to see like the fat you know, Jason Momoa either, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wearing pink and you got jack Jack Black as Steve so hey, he'll make you laugh. That's that's interesting. I'm surprised. I guess they'll just make more allusions to the whole Vauxell stuff. And I'm surprised that they had them all be live action.
Speaker 2: I'm sure that at some point they'll be like, you know, Vauxhall mode or like you put yeah, like I said that to end and he was kind of surprised because he thought I thought he's like you at the time, I thought he was black. I was like, yeah, maybe, I mean he looks kind of dark in some of the shots or you know, some of the gameplay shots or whatever. But yeah, I didn't really notice or care, you know, like.
Speaker 1: Right, it is not a Thankfully we haven't seen people, at least I haven't in the spaces that I that I'm seen on X or whatever. I always been commenting on that. But yeah, it should be interesting when that comes out next year.
Speaker 2: I will it is.
Speaker 1: Hopefully it's good at least continue the truck out of having mostly good video movies lately. Yeah, but all right until next week. Everybody. Thank you for watching, listening, uh and you know, like follow, subscribe, all that stuff. See you later later,