Speaker 1: In the sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine. In the games, Mike the Bulldog BEYONDI on jrr all, Hail the Bison, Bulldog the Bison.
Speaker 2: Yeah. North Dakota State wins their ten National Championship FCS title last night thirty five thirty two, knocking Montana State from the undefeated ranks.
Speaker 3: The only thing I know about Montana State is way back when when the Gators dropped Miami from their schedule, their annual schedule, they said they wanted to play a more national schedule, so they replaced Miami with Montes State the following year.
Speaker 2: Doesn't get much more national than that, right, right?
Speaker 1: I told that. I went by that game last night. Oh there's football on and I kept going for about thirty six seconds, maybe a minute, and.
Speaker 2: Goo, what am I watching this for?
Speaker 3: Hey? North Dakota State's a dynasty.
Speaker 2: Both those teams had just a great year. And like you said, North Dakota State has just been good year in and year out for a long time. So good for them.
Speaker 3: What's their nickname?
Speaker 2: The Bison?
Speaker 3: Oh, the Bison, that's right, you said, Bison. Yeah. What's the buffalo say when he is saying when he's saying farewell, bye son, Bye son. Yeah. Anyway, the Orlando Gritty Gutties did it again last night. Doesn't matter what's in front of the Magic, injuries deficits playing on the road at the most famous arena in the country, the Gritty Gutties find the way. Obviously. The Magic beat the Knicks last night one to oh three to ninety four at Madison Square Garden. Cole Anthony, who was raised in New York City, was out of the rotation a few weeks ago for the Magic because he was playing so terribly. He racked up twenty four points last night. Wendell Carter Junior scored a season best nineteen Kentavious Caldwell Pope hit two huge trees in the fourth fourth quarter. He finished with fifteen points. J I Jonathan Isaac also made his presence felt He had thirteen points, nine boards, two blocks, and the Magic still playing without Palo Bancaro. They're playing without the Franz Franz wagner A. They're playing without Jalen Suggs. They're playing without Gary Harris. Go down the list. This is a mass unit lineup, but they continue to win. They're only I think they're a game and a half now behind the Knicks for the three seed with this makeshift lineup. It's unbelievable. I wrote to call him while you guys were gone. If Jamal Mosley's not Coach of the Year this year, it's it's it's robbery. It's the biggest robbery since fourteen dollars beers at the Kia Center. It really is right should he not be coach of the Year.
Speaker 2: I mean to be able to continue to win on a fairly consistent basis with what you just listed off is nothing short of a Mese.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and no offense to you guys that you just listed off is plo. Somebody was telling me yesterday that Polo might be back for Thursday's game.
Speaker 3: He supposedly close. Yeah, he supposedly close. Franz Vagner talked to the media a couple days ago, and he seems to be pretty close as well. Although his injuries about a I think he I don't think his oblique injury was quite as serious as Pallos, and it happened about three weeks later, so it'll probably be a couple of weeks at least for the Fronz. But Yeah, Plo could be back this week.
Speaker 1: I think that the trainer there needs to take a look at the oblique machine in the gym, because it is ironic that two guys have oblique injuries.
Speaker 3: Come on, I used to have oblique muscles. I don't know what happened to him. The fourteen dollars beers, Yeah, fourteen dollars. It was four fourteen years of drinking too many bud lights. I think that's what it was. Yeah, Jaguars, as we thought, fired Doug Peterson. In fact, he was fired before you guys went off the air yesterday morning. Shod Con made that announcement. He's the owner. But here's the thing. He kept the GM Trent Balkey. I don't understand why. I don't understand why you would fire the head coach Doug Peterson and keep Trent Balkey. But that's what he did. He essentially blamed everything on Doug Peterson for the offense.
Speaker 2: I was just gonna say a year, there had to have been a conversation somewhere where that GM goes, Oh, it was all his fault.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And that's what Con had a pressed on. Shad Con had a press conference yesterday and he said, Hey, the offense was way too predictable, most predictable offense in the league. So essentially, yeah, they blamed everything on Doug Peterson. Com shod Con said firing Trimp would have been like throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Well, Trent, Balky's been there like six years. If you ask me, comparing Balky to a baby in the bathtub, that baby's been clogging the dream for years now. Okay, he's like that hair from the girlfriend or wife, right, I think the baby's been pooping in the tub for too long. Oh, come on, who's got him? Awful Stumping candidates to replace Doug Peterson, the hot guy. You know who the hot guy is Lynch Ben Johnson, the offensive coordinator for the Detroit mead Heads. He's the guy everybody wants. But also watch out Liam Cohen, the offensive coordinator of the Buccaneers who's done such a great job with Baker Mayfield and that Buccaneers offense. He's a candidate. Also, the defensive coordinator for the Lions, Aaron Glenn's a hot candidate out there. Todd Monk and the offensive coordinator for the raven who have the best offense in the League this year. He's a candidate. Mike Rabel's also a candidate. He's probably gonna go to the Patriots since he's a former Patriots player. So, yeah, there's how many jobs are open now? You got the you got the Jets, the Jaguars, the Bears, the Patriots.
Speaker 1: I heard Chef say seven teams. Seven teams He said that need quarterbacks or need coaches? Are there seven openings? I think he said seven.
Speaker 2: What do you make of Rex Ryan wanting to be the Jets coach again?
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, even though he got fired from the Jets years ago, he wasn't pretty the most successful coach the Jets have had in years. Took him the two straight AFC Championship games, although they didn't win those games. And I wouldn't hire I wouldn't hire him. It would almost be a clown shot.
Speaker 2: I just don't get why he would want to give up that relatively cushy gig he has at ESPN to go and deal with today's NFL.
Speaker 3: I just don't know. Ego ego. I mean, he's a clown on ESPN. And then he would he would take his clown show to the head coaching ranks at the biggest media market in the country.
Speaker 2: Also probably good market for foot action too there in New York City.
Speaker 3: Right, and also probably a big rays I mean, not that he needs the money, but be a huge raise to be an NFL coach from a commentator at ESPN. By the way, big basketball game tonight in college basketball. The Gators rank number seven in the country. Take on number one Tennessee up in Gainesville.
Speaker 2: All right, More with the bulldog. You can find him on AMS forty and FM ninety six to nine, a game hosting open mic, and we appreciate you taking time out of your show each morning to join us here on the sports page on j R R.
Speaker 3: Take us out with that patented bulldog barkiears.
Speaker 2: Would you oh clinching.
Speaker 1: Chaco on demand download the iHeartRadio appt listen anytime anyway.
Speaker 2: This is j r R Safetouch Secure