Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped up.
Speaker 2: News need advice, so you don't have.
Speaker 3: Come running just as fast as we can.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help coming.
Speaker 4: Man Dix, he's the Troubleshooter show. No Tom Martino, Hey, hey Tom Martino. Here, it's car Day on Friday. They like calling it car Friday, so you'll see, uh if you're streaming Uncle Kevin, Thank god, we see his back and he's alive and well and ready to ready to uh take on the day with your car questions. We have Deputy D to his right, and Deputy D abandoned me today. He usually comes to the home studio, but I think I have bad breath. Anyway, welcome. We also have pizza.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, we go off with pizza at the home studio.
Speaker 4: Well, well we normally now come on, do you know we do you know?
Speaker 6: Hey Tom, Well we said pizza and other delicious things. But today I have an appointment here at the studio with a lady named Christy who's going to bring her allegedly noisy, abnormally noisy automobile for Kevin and me to take a look at hybrid Toya good.
Speaker 4: And then we have Jeff. We have Jeff Thick between Mark and H and Dimitri and Deputy d so Jeff Vic camera transmission, He's our all around guy. How you doing man? And then we have Deputy Doc Bo he's off camera. Thank god they framed this just right today. And then Major Mark Major welcome. So I might have to leave early today to go to the AOC rally and the Bernie rallies. I want to get. I want to try to get as close as.
Speaker 7: I can, do as many people as Trump would bring or do you think it's like thirty people.
Speaker 4: Well in Colorado?
Speaker 8: Might?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: It'll be interesting. But here's what I don't understand. I promise you people, we're gonna get the cars and everything else. I just need to ask, Okay, what the hell's the rally about? What are they rallying? What is this? This Bernie rally around the country? What is it? It's about Oligart's socialism? Yep, what does this mean? I mean, really, what is it about? I really don't know. No one's ever explained the.
Speaker 5: People running the country like the Biden's.
Speaker 9: Okay, it may be about supporting uh wow.
Speaker 4: Oh check them see if he's still breathing?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: Three oh three seven one three talk, Tracy. Welcome to the show. I'm Tom Martino. Today's car Day. We're going to talk about your vehicle purchase. What's going on.
Speaker 3: I purchased the vehicle, a new vehicle twenty twenty five Tucson Hondai O kind February twenty What kind of Tucson HONDI?
Speaker 4: Oh, yeah, they're nice, I think, right.
Speaker 3: Well, I thought so, tell us about it. I purchased it on the twenty seventh, tried to give it back of March.
Speaker 4: So excuse me, I mean February February twenty seventh, got it okay? Correct?
Speaker 3: I tried to give it back the same night because there was some issues with.
Speaker 10: The paperwork.
Speaker 4: You can't give it back the same hour. Tell me what was wrong with the paperwork? Yeah? Well wait, wait wait wait, let me ask you this, Tracy, no fulling. Let me ask you this real quick. What do you mean you didn't know that you thought that you could just return a car or cancel a contract.
Speaker 3: They stated to me when I signed the paperwork, I had a three day write of refusal and it would be.
Speaker 4: No wait a minute, if they told you that. First of all, by law, you don't, But if they told you that. Then that's different. Did they have a policy there? Where'd you buy it?
Speaker 3: Mountain Hondi, Mountain Hyundai?
Speaker 4: Where are they?
Speaker 3: They're on one hundred and fourth and Federal.
Speaker 4: Okay, so here's what I want to know. They said, don't work, Jacy. You have three days to change your mind. Correct? Did they show you that anywhere? Right? Did they? Okay, now here's what I think. Well, Okay, you don't have three days, so someone lied to you. Can you prove that? Did you have it recorded? No?
Speaker 3: I didn't have it recorded, But that wasn't the only reason I wanted to take it back is because.
Speaker 4: Well, no, that's not a reason. What I'm saying is is if you have three days to change your mind and you thought you did, then I would see then I could see that you were misled, and that would be if we could prove that, that would be a big deal. But but anyway, so you tried to take the car back, and I'll let you get to your problem.
Speaker 1: Yes, right now, it says under that Hyundai has a three day worry free exchange policy for if any reason customer decides they don't want to they can bring it back in and exchange it for another hun Daid vehicle, providing it goes to the dealership it was purchased at.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think, I wait a minute, so it's not a reaction.
Speaker 1: No, it's an exchange.
Speaker 4: Okay, so she can undo the deal. And what do you have in writing? Dear?
Speaker 3: When I texted and called the dealership back the same day, I was told in writing from a text from the salesman that I could not do any changes due to the it was already funded.
Speaker 4: Well that's not what the warranty says, does it, guys?
Speaker 1: No, I'm reading it here off of hondais.
Speaker 4: When you, Tracy, let me ask you something. And we haven't gotten into the problem yet, but here's what I want to ask you. You were calling them back to exchange the car for another one.
Speaker 3: I didn't say exchange. I didn't know exchange because when I signed okay for work, they told me three day write of refusal.
Speaker 7: It's got to be in the exact Listen, guys, it does have to be in the exact same condition in less than three hundred miles.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that was I drove it twelve.
Speaker 7: But okay, we're talking about things, exchanging it and getting into a different Hondai is different than getting out of the deal a refund.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so Tracy, it's safe to say under law and buy their policy no matter what you were told. I'm sorry. If you can't prove it, then you're stuck with it. I don't know what to tell you. But what's wrong with the car let?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 7: I'm sorry, I'm sorry, guys. I got to jump in with this too. This is right from their site participating dealers. I have no idea if this is a participating dealer, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Why did you want to We never got to the reason you wanted to undo the deal?
Speaker 3: Well, right now, that's same.
Speaker 4: No, no, not now? What was the reason? What was the reason you called the dealer back and wanted to cancel the deal. Let's sus stick to that one thing first. What was the reason?
Speaker 3: Because I signed a paper that I would only pay six thousand down and I only had three hours to get this deal done, and it was fifteen minutes before I had to leave, and I signed a paper and a document from their sales manager saying I would put six thousand down and they would get me in a payment for three fifty on top of my ken No.
Speaker 4: Wait, a minute. You have that in writing, that would be six thousand down and three hundred month, correct? Can you send that to us so you have a truth in lending. You have a truth in lending loan document promising you a six thousand dollars down payment three hundred and fifty dollars a month, with the interest rate, the time their days. All of that is written down in your in your lending agreement. It has to be. If you call.
Speaker 3: If you bought the car, it was a piece of paper in the salesman's office when we were bickering back and forth about the down payment, he said, if you get it, Tracy, and he wrote six thousand down, he could get me in that payment if I signed it.
Speaker 4: Good. Let me ask you this though, yes, on the on the deal that you wrote. Now, I understand you had a piece of paper that this scumbag wrote down. I get that. But when it went when it came time to close the deal, what did the truth in lending statements say? There is a truth in lending statement with your paperwork required by law, what did.
Speaker 3: It say seven thousand?
Speaker 4: Okay? Why did you sign that?
Speaker 3: Because I was in a hurry to get to work. I was running out.
Speaker 4: Okay. So then so then you leave the dealer and you notice that as seven instead of six. You could have come up with a six, but but you couldn't come up with a seven. Was that the deal?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: I came up with the seven. I wrote him a check.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, then keep going. What happened then?
Speaker 11: Such?
Speaker 3: I started having issues with the vehicle driving it like what?
Speaker 4: So it had nothing to do with this paperwork we just went all through. It had nothing to do.
Speaker 3: With that, Yes it did.
Speaker 4: You're just coming up with reasons. Tell me the real reason. Hold on, Tracy, let's cut through all of this crap and come up. Just tell me. You can tell us because we want to be on your side. Tell me why you don't want the vehicle. Did you just have buyers remorse? Did you change your mind? Or is truly the vehicle defective?
Speaker 3: The vehicle's truly defective.
Speaker 4: Tell me how it's defective. Let's get right to that.
Speaker 3: Every time you step on the accelerator, it makes a loud noise and it grinds. I didn't see the items that was on the thing and the depth.
Speaker 4: What items that were wrong? What items on the thing? What items on the thing. Did you not get.
Speaker 3: Mud slaps? Application for the back bumper, the cargo train, The car wasn't set up for the lift, hands free lift. They didn't set it up. They didn't do a PBI on it before they gave it to me. Okay, there was black place marks all over the inside interior.
Speaker 4: Tracy, Tracy, you could have said I didn't get these things. I'm sure we could. If it's on your contract, we can work it out. Those things they said they were going to give you, the mud flaps, the cargo tray, et cetera. Were those things in the contract.
Speaker 3: Or on the wheel well sticker of the window of the car that I have for the price?
Speaker 4: I think? Oh okay, no, okay, that's good. So it was on the Maroni sticker, the things that you get when they met up.
Speaker 7: What if they said, when you point that out and say, hey, here's the sticker, how come I didn't have all this stuff?
Speaker 4: Yeah, like, just for example, the mudflaps and cargo tray.
Speaker 3: They told me to bring it back in on Wednesday, March fourth. I took it into them. They called me on Friday. They said they've fixed the noise, They've fixed all the things and here's your car. It's ready to go.
Speaker 12: That night I picked it up.
Speaker 4: All right, hold on, we'll come right back to you to find out what happened after you picked it up on Tom Martino three oh three seven one three eight two five five Frankdround the real Estate Man dot com. If you want the best in real estate, you call him to sell higher and for more money and faster than the market average every time. And also you will find that he will do a free market analysis for the asking us. We'll sell for you even have to list it with him. If you have curiosity, he'll do a market analysis free of charge, no obligation. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Frankd Around the real Estate Man dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real Estate Man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hello Tom Martino here three oh three seven to one three talk three O three seven one three eight two five five back to the phones. So Tracy said there were some things missing that were promised on the window sticker when she bought her new Hyundai Tucson. And then she said it was making a loud noise. She took it back to them, and they promised they fixed everything. She picked it up and take it from there. Tracy.
Speaker 3: I called them the next morning, told them that nothing had been fixed or replaced.
Speaker 4: You mean hold on, You mean something as something as simple as mudflaps. They did not put mudflaps on. No, they did not put the cargo rack on.
Speaker 3: The cargo tray inside.
Speaker 4: No, oh cargo trae. I'm sorry. So they basically lied yep, and the noise was still there.
Speaker 3: Yes, and they put the They did put the rear bumper application on. But when they did that, they cut into the bumper in three spots that's over six inches long. And they cut into the paint below the bumper, and they blamed me for it.
Speaker 4: How did they blame you for that.
Speaker 3: They said that it had went home with me. That they don't use the exact o knives or any to put the bumper applicase on, so it could have been done by me.
Speaker 4: They what is the bumper applicay exactly? What is the bumper applica exactly? What is that?
Speaker 1: It's literally like a center brawl for the rear bumper.
Speaker 4: God, that's stupid. Okay, So here's what I want to know. What do they say they're going to do for you.
Speaker 3: They came and got the car the next day, that Saturday morning, and they've had the car since. And I went in last Wednesday, had my phone on record and asked them what was going on with my car? They said they heard the noise, they don't know what it is. They're trying to figure out the rear bumper. They're trying to figure out the other issues with the dash lights coming on and off.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, what are these people incompetent? For the life of me, It's a brand new vehicle. They should they take out there? They can take it to another Hyundai dealer. I'll tell you what Tom I mean. I agree, she signed it, she paid it, She's got a lot of stuff that's against her. But it sounds like these guys have literally no idea what the hell they're.
Speaker 4: Doing right right, So, Tracy, what do you want? If you can, Tom, Tracy, just hold on one sec. Doc, we'll talk about that. What do you want, Tracy?
Speaker 3: I want a vehicle. I still don't have a vehicle and they will not return my phone calls.
Speaker 4: Okay, Tracy came to the right place. We're gonna shake it loose. Doc.
Speaker 9: What did you ask, when does the lemonlaw thtart to come into effect?
Speaker 4: Thirty days? Well, the Lemon law comes into effect from the day you buy it. Okay, well, the day you buy it?
Speaker 7: Is this an applicable after event? If she doesn't have the vehicle for thirty days, it would be. But I if I bought a new vehicle and the.
Speaker 4: Second days plus mark, Mark, tell them about the problems, the problems would be, Well, it has probability problem. Yeah, it can't be something like that. Can't be. It can't be something stupid that can't be fixed in more time yet, like the.
Speaker 5: Pumper application would not come into play.
Speaker 13: No, well, what about the noise when she drives it?
Speaker 7: That's probably what they're trying to do. Here's what I don't like about it, though, Tom. If I bought a brand new vehicle, I don't care what it is. It could be a Tesla, Chevy, a four to hand, it doesn't matter. And that thing was bad from day one. Then the dealership told me they're trying to figure out what the noise is. I'd be off my freaking rocker. I'd be down there screen at these people. Mark, give me a Mark.
Speaker 4: How about Mark? How about during the break you calling? I'll do it.
Speaker 5: I need Suzanne get me all her information.
Speaker 7: I mean, they actually have good reviews compared to most dealers in general. I just don't know why she's getting the run around, unless you know, she started picking on every little thing.
Speaker 5: So I don't know, but I feel for I definitely.
Speaker 4: Feel for this caller. All right, Tracy, we're gonna make a call or so and see what we can do for you. Now. Meanwhile, am I to believe that the woman came to the studio.
Speaker 5: She's down there right now?
Speaker 4: Yeahn not Jeff, but Deputy d and Uncle Kevin are going to check out the car. And what was she complaining of?
Speaker 7: So here's the deal. This one's kind of crazy. She bought a new hybrid, A twenty twenty five. What was it, Jeff, A Toyota, do you remember? I think it was a Toyota, but I'm not positive. She bought a new hybrid, brand new, and basically she said, it makes a lot of noise. It's got like a whining, a high pitched sound. And at first I was thinking it was just the electric part of it. You know, even a Tesla makes sounds, it just does go ahead. That's her describing the sound literally, I swear to God from the phone call Tom do it again?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 7: Played against him. So she brings it and the air conditioner wasn't working. So she brings it back and they say there's nothing going on with it. There's no problem with the AC, and there's that's a normal noise for this particular hybrid. She claims she drove another one and it doesn't have the same noise at all. It's just simply as different. So then we tell her to bring it over to honest, accurate. She brings it over there. Sure enough, the AC wasn't working. They had to literally call this dealer up and say, look, I don't care what you say, here's what's going on.
Speaker 4: With the AC.
Speaker 5: It's a brand new car. She went back to the dealer.
Speaker 7: They said, oh, we're sorry, we did miss that, and they fixed the AC. So we were hoping when they fix the AC that might have something with the tick tick tick noise, but apparently it didn't. She called back in. Now, after I talked to her a couple times, I got to tell you this. What is that called when people are very sensitive to sound? It starts with an.
Speaker 4: M mesoa or something?
Speaker 7: Is that or an n nisophonia? Does that sound right there?
Speaker 4: Tom? Why? No, I'm pretty sure that you mean, well, okay.
Speaker 14: Isn't it me so phonia? What is that condition for people who are sensitive to chewing?
Speaker 7: Very sensitive? Well, tatus, No, it's mental. It's got nothing to do with it. It's got nothing to do.
Speaker 4: Are They said? Wait, they accuse the customer.
Speaker 5: No, no, no no.
Speaker 7: As I was talking to her, she started reminding me of Adeline. When Adeline was a kid, Adeline could look at you chewing and hear it, even if you weren't really chewing and just trying to fake her out.
Speaker 4: She would go absolutely crazy.
Speaker 7: At one point in our household, when her and Miles were at the dinner table.
Speaker 5: What would you have to do, Susanne.
Speaker 14: Ah, I'd have to put a box between.
Speaker 7: Them, literally a box, or else Addie would be in tears listening to Miles chew. And I did experiments, he wouldn't even be chewing in she'd here.
Speaker 4: So the doctor told us what it was called.
Speaker 7: And it reminded me, honest to God, honest, I mean, I've never heard so I asked this. I asked this woman on air when I was talking to her, I said, I said, do you have a problem with noises like when people chew like gum? And she said exactly what it was, and it was what Addie had, and yes, she does have it. So there's that part of this story. But we have those two downstairs taking a test drive. Now, why it says here.
Speaker 4: Honest to God, Mark, I never knew this. It says here a condition in which one or more common sounds as little as a clock ticking or a fluorescent light, or chewing or breathing, yes, cause an emotional response. We lived trigger, We lived with it for how many years? Would you say?
Speaker 14: Well, she just manages it better now, but she still has that.
Speaker 7: She doesn't act on it now, But when she was a little kid like five or six. I'll tell you dinner at our house for a couple of years.
Speaker 4: Time was it only? Was it only chewing that was the main one for Adeline?
Speaker 14: Yes, but it could be the clicking of Mark kind of has it too, with the fire alarms and whatnot.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, but anybody you hear that chirp, you want to just go hang on your sword?
Speaker 4: Not me? Of course. She can sleep through and I can hear it. I can hear it. Oh I could never. I could never sleep next door. I want to know people, what is your missophonia? What would be your miss aphonia? I I'll tell you.
Speaker 7: I just had the funniest line. I just had the funniest line. I was going to say what mine was until I remember disuse hands running the board today?
Speaker 4: Uh uh real?
Speaker 14: Funny yourself home?
Speaker 4: Yeah, find out what marks out from this dealer Right after this, I'm tol Martino three O three seven one three talkwaterpros dot net. The best water systems, the lowest prices. Get rid of forever chemicals, plastics, chlorine, and get drinking water all for thirty nine for thirty nine ninety five under four grand waterproof go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. Comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey, welcome to the show. I talked to them. Okay, let's recap. So she bought a new car. Yeah, problems and they took us back. Yeah, she took it back. They said they fixed everything. They fixed nothing. She has multiple problems she wants addressed. What did they say, Mark, Well, here's the problem. It needs a break booster. So let me bring her back up so she can hear this too. So, Tracy, they got a break booster on order. It was in Texas.
Speaker 7: It should be landed here in Colorado like Monday or Tuesday. Then they'll get it installed and that's going to fix the vehicle. I did not dig into the other stuff. I would like to see the sticker of the we owe you. But if they don't get the other stuff done, let us know. But that's what's the main problem is is a break booster. The guy seemed very straightforward and transparent with me on it. You can also get a rental car. He's going to try to get you a loaner through the dealership, so it's easy. He told me you had one the first time you brought it back, but they didn't have one the second time. But if you go out and rent a car, don't buy all the extra insurance or any of that kind of stuff.
Speaker 5: None of the mop and glow.
Speaker 7: HONDI will reimburse you for the rental, no doubt about it.
Speaker 5: So that's what's going on with it. You had a bad break booster.
Speaker 7: I don't know why that would cause the sound, but Jeff was saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, possibility it's leaking vacuum or something creating a whistle or a squeal or something like.
Speaker 7: That, something along those So it seems like you're going to be in good shit. My question to you is the other stuff that was on that window ticket when you picked it up the second time. You talked about the bumper whatever, weird mop and glow. They sold you on that, But how about the other stuff like the automatic tailgate opening?
Speaker 4: Does it do that? Now? Did they fix all that stuff?
Speaker 3: They did fix the automatic tailgate.
Speaker 7: Okay, so everything was fixed on it, but it was still making the noise, right, that's a pretty straightforward question.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's still making the noise, and they won't return my calls to tell me what's wrong with the vehicle, yeah, or what's going.
Speaker 15: On with the.
Speaker 3: Tracy address them.
Speaker 7: That's what a bad break booster vacuum could cause that, right certainly. Yeah, so listen, they know what it is. The fact they're not communicating with you sucks. But I got right through to them and they told me what was going on. They said it should be done next week and they'll either get you another loaner if you would like that. They'll try to right now today they don't have one, but they think one's coming back this afternoon, or like I said, you can go rent one and then you simply call up Honda customer service. They'll have you send the receipt and they'll send you out a check. I've personally done it before, all right, So I mean I think we've helped you quite a bit.
Speaker 4: Right you have.
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we love that. So we want to hear We want to hear a follow up Tracy next week, So keep us informed and if.
Speaker 7: They don't have it done next week, you call back and you know, yeah, I don't think we're going to have to do this. But one of the things this show has the ability to do is rain held down.
Speaker 4: Yes, Tom, Yes we can. Yeah. So here's what I want to know. What are these guys doing rebuilding that car outside? They were supposed to go outside and see if it's noisy.
Speaker 5: For I'm curious.
Speaker 4: I'm curious.
Speaker 7: If they got kidnapped and they're gone, that means more pizza for Jeff and Doc.
Speaker 1: Well, he also left his computer here, so I'm pretty sure he keeps his bank info on there.
Speaker 4: Banking.
Speaker 1: That's a good possibility, so we can actually get reimbursed.
Speaker 7: I'm going to call Frank Durant and get his condo up for sale. We don't know what happened to Kevin. He's gone to I have no idea what they did.
Speaker 4: Christy. Maybe kidnapped him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe they'll over.
Speaker 4: How about someone text him? How about someone text him and say we will. We're dying to find out what's going on. Hey, Jeff Vick in the studio. Okay, Jeff Vick, quick question. Anything hard to get right now? For repairs, we're always getting these complaints. Now listen. The other day we got one that she was waiting at the dealer and they said it wouldn't be available for six months, and they were readily available at independent shops and we thought that was ridiculous. Well, yeah, so the dealer said, oh yeah, this part isn't available for six months cars under warranty. She can go down the street to an independent dealer and they're readily available.
Speaker 1: Why is that, Well, because you're dealing with the aftermarket parts, and if you're at the dealership, they're mandated that they have they have to use the factory level parts.
Speaker 7: Now we've talked about this, remember this, Mark, Hold on real quick on that, Jeff, Like Moog, Moog makes a lot of stuff, don't they actually make a lot of oemibility?
Speaker 1: Yes, the matter fact, it's still going to matter if you put that in there, you could you could tamp or even void you even if.
Speaker 7: It's the same manufacture, the same damn part. But a different part.
Speaker 1: Okay, they'd have to maintain some sort of level of control.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, town, Okay to what I meant, Jeff, Okay, Wait, wait a second dog, One thing at a time. So this was an injector that went bad, the dealer was going to take six months. She can get it done down at the local shop in a week. And we said if that, if she does, that avoids her warranty. But how would they know, Like if something else goes wrong with that car that she changed out an injector.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they would. They would have to have pulled it. They'd have to actually inspect it and see it. I mean. The other possibility is if the car is enabled to disabled right now, I mean, nothing's to say, because she's going to have to pay for that repair at whoever it is, whether it's Kevin or or whomever. You don't plan on putting it in, get on the list for the warranty parts, go ahead and drive the goshdarn car, and when they call and say it's available to bring it in, well, swap the parts back out let it.
Speaker 7: I agree with the exact actly what he just said, And the only thing they avoid the warranty on let's just say she didn't do that. Later on, they might avoid the warranty on that actual injector, but they're not gonna avoid the warranty on other things with the car because of that injector. It would be doubtful. Well, I mean, yeah, you could fight it. They might try, but it would be ridiculous.
Speaker 4: Hey, Shannon, am I behind on a break? Yes? Okay, let's do that right now. We got more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here, three oh three seven one three talk three h three seven one three eight two five five. So we have a lot to talk about today. We have car Day and uh, those guys are not back from testing that car. Oh there they are. Okay, so let's let's find out, guys, did she have a noise? Was the problem genuine? What do you think's going on? And why hasn't it been previously diagnosed?
Speaker 16: I think the biggest reason is nobody can hear it because I couldn't hear ninety nine percent of it. But Dimitri, could you can wait a minute. I couldn't hear. I couldn't hear a peep out you did? Oh, it's unmistakable. Yeah, and I can describe it.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, Wait a minute, Wait a minute. How do we have one of you nuts not hearing it and one of you nuts hearing it.
Speaker 6: I have a logical explanation for that as well.
Speaker 4: Describe it. Go ahead, okay.
Speaker 6: So let me preface it by saying that I am and always have been extremely sensitive to sound that's bordering ultrasound. You may recall in the old days when we had CRT televisions, if there was one on in the house, I could hear the ultrasound emanating from the CRT television?
Speaker 1: Have you ever heard that sound?
Speaker 17: Right?
Speaker 5: No, I'm not ninety years know what you mean.
Speaker 6: But but Tom, But Tom, Tom, knows what the sound I'm talking about?
Speaker 4: Tom, No, I know what you're talking about now, you know.
Speaker 6: But all of us with age lose the ability to hear such a high pitched sound. My ability, though diminished, is still present. And Kevin and I are of similar age, but his but his ears are aging normally, mine abnormally well.
Speaker 1: Not to mention, he's been an occupation that damages.
Speaker 4: That's what are the looks of your ears have to do with any of this? So what there?
Speaker 6: Kevin did get a hint of that sound at one point, but I could hear it throughout the entirety of our test drive.
Speaker 16: It sounds like the windings of an electric motor. Yeah, it's a make the sound?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 18: You know?
Speaker 4: Does she sound? Go ahead, well, we'll do it coming back. We're gonna find out more about this sound, where the hell is coming from, what we can do about it. Stick around on The Troubleshooter Show three oh three seven one three talks seven one three, eight two five five Go with a sure Thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up, free, no obligation in comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven to seven to one. Help you think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Yeah, with.
Speaker 2: New Need Advice who you don't have to come running as fast as we can. Shooter's gonna help coming, man, This is.
Speaker 4: The Troubleshooter Show. Now, Tom Martinez, Hi, Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. It's car Day today and uh for those streaming, you'll see our bunch of car experts and others sitting in the studio with Major Mark Major. I'm at the satellite studio and we are rocking it. Okay, So we had one woman calling, is SA the dealership is not addressing my problems on a new Santa Fe No excuse me, A Tucson Hondai Tucson. Mark called them and said he thinks they're being straight and he's got it straightened out and she should be all set next week. Then we had another woman called and said, look, I'm hearing a noise. No one's hearing the noise. I'm hearing the noise and it's driving me crazy in my car. And Christy said, what do I do? So Deputy Dimitri says, you know, bring the car over on car day and I'll have Uncle Kevin and myself. We'll listen to it. So they went out to listen to it, and guess what they can't. Uncle Kevin can't hear it and Deputy d can hear it. What does that mean? So here's that.
Speaker 6: So there are a couple of observations that I think that are important to this matter. The sound, while present most of the time, is really is really intensified when the car decelerates and the brakes are applied. So it's some kind of an electrical thing that's involved in recharging the battery during breaking and deceleration.
Speaker 4: Furthermore, Oh, because it's a hybrid, it's a hybrid.
Speaker 6: Furthermore, I think it begins as ultra sound because even when I can't hear the sound, I can feel the pressure in my ears.
Speaker 4: That's also unmistaed weird. We should have sent somebody normal out there.
Speaker 6: Like I said, I have an unusually aging pair of ears.
Speaker 7: And here's how Shannon Playhouse. She described it. Seriously, Temetri, is this kind of what you hear?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's precisely it. That's crazy, that's exactly Kevin.
Speaker 5: You didn't hear it.
Speaker 4: I just heard that, but I didn't hear if you couldn't hear.
Speaker 10: That number two anymore?
Speaker 4: But no I could.
Speaker 1: I couldn't.
Speaker 16: I could just hear little burps of it in the car as it would pee and then stop, but not as much as Dmitri.
Speaker 5: What you say, that's normal time, I mean, it may be.
Speaker 1: So here's the next step to find out if it is normal.
Speaker 6: So I'd like to make an appointment with the service department of a Honda dealership, hopefully a good reputable one, where I can talk to the service department see if they heard this complaint and if so, what, if anything, have they been able to do about it. I would also like to schedule the same dealership a test drive of an identical vehicle to see if that one makes a sound or if there's something unusual about this one. Now, if the dealer says, hey, man, we hear this complaint once a year, and Honda told us one percent of one percent of the population is sensitive to the sulteri sound, but that's within the design parameters of the car.
Speaker 4: Then Christy is going to be stuck.
Speaker 6: But if they say, oh yeah, we can replace this transistor or diode or something, or service the charging system, then Christie's got some hope because her next step is going to be to trade out of this car, a great financial loss. So I'll be back with an update as soon as I get back from one of these dealerships whoever it is that wants to host my visit over there.
Speaker 4: Hey, Tom, one of our subjects.
Speaker 9: Didn't Toyota have an innovative inventory control system that was supposed to eliminate this kind of unavailable parts?
Speaker 4: I don't know what you're talking about. What do you mean?
Speaker 9: Well, I thought Toyota, I thought established some kind of innovative inventory system where they didn't have an overload of parts in one place and a lack in the other. They somehow were able to predict which parts are going to be used at what rate, so they had a very effective way of controlling inventory.
Speaker 1: Well, all I can tell you is if they did, whoever was in that think Tech needs to be fired because it ain't working.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I never even heard of it though. Has anyone else heard it then?
Speaker 1: Just a moment ago from anyone?
Speaker 4: No, that's first I've heard of it. Yeah, Doc, where did you hear about this?
Speaker 9: Oh? Because one of my friends was giving lectures on it to other businesses. I will all contact him and find out exactly what it was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'd like to know what that's all about. Okay, because I know that these guys, you know, Uncle Kevin and Jeff said ever since COVID, they learned that they could save money by not having so much an inventory and that people were willing to wait for parts. Now, I think what they did.
Speaker 1: Even when they were talking about that Honda earlier, you know, so she was waiting on a park coming up out of Dallas. I mean, Texas seems to be a big hub for parts. I forere probably sixty five seventy percent of the stuff that we have to have shiftings coming out of Tech.
Speaker 16: Agreed, Yes, But when.
Speaker 4: They made so factory said, hey, we're never going to go back to normal where we have everything stacked tenfold. We're going to do more of an on demand control runs. When it comes to production runs, and I'm serious. I mean they literally hold orders sometimes until they get a certain number, and then they do a production run. Absolutely, and they might do a few extra but they learned that people were willing to wait, and now they never went back to normal. Now it's not as bad as it was during COVID, but it certainly is a different system, isn't it, guys when it comes to getting your parts.
Speaker 16: No, you're absolutely right. It's not even close to normal. It's probably half of what COVID was. So it's started out a long way to go.
Speaker 4: Thank Tom.
Speaker 9: I just looked it up. There's a Toyota AVTA Management System, which is an element of the Toyota production system. Focuses on minimizing way and maximizing efficiency through a just in time approach, using this technique to ensure part to live it only when needed.
Speaker 4: Well what does that even mean? Well, seriously, what does that even mean?
Speaker 9: It means that they reduce the amount of inventory they have and they produce parts and inventory on as predicting what they're going to need. It says the TPS aims to eliminate all forms of waste, including ssex excess inventory by focusing on efficient and continuous improvement.
Speaker 16: Well, yeah, but the waste being of a partsit's on the shelf for a month. I mean, you got to define waste. So you know, they're design basically to not have inventory, that's what they're saying.
Speaker 13: Well, to minimize inventory wastage.
Speaker 4: Sure didn't work. So one I got some text here. One wants to know why Mark isn't at the AOC rally, And of course they're joking. And someone else said, tell me, how listen to this. Bernie Sanders has been railing against spending and waste for years and now he's going out campaigning against the very agency that is looking to cut down on waste and spending. How is he reconciling that? How is he having a campaign nationwide against DOGE? Because does he believe? Truly? I mean, the stupid that they use these emotions to try to get people rallied. When they can't use race, they use something else. And right now what they're using is this. This is their main This is their main damn game. Here they're saying that the government is in control of billionaires billionaires, and the billionaires are are are are like, what are they taking the money? And using it the money that they save. I mean, how can billionaires saving money for the country? Bell, how does that benefit billionaires? Anybody want to comment on that? But you got to use the Bernie accent.
Speaker 13: Hey, Tom, I think it's a question. You know what, you know what nimby is not in my backyard.
Speaker 9: It's to say, with these kind of cuts, cut everything except that I don't want you to cut.
Speaker 4: Well, that's true, that there's a there's some truth to that. So if you ever guess what I'm asking.
Speaker 9: If you ever notice when someone is campaigning and they say we're going to cut government waste and spending, and you ask them what agencies are going to cut, they never ever are specific because they know they'll lose those votes.
Speaker 4: Wow, I never thought of that. Now, listen to this one. A new report ranks Colorado as number three among the states. What do you think they were among states with the highest medical errors? Wow? Medical errors and their real analysis done? What does that mean? What it means is this. Listen to this with twenty five incidents per one hundred thousand residents, highlighting serious concerns of healthcare. This one law firm did a research. They do malpractice. They say, Colorado ranks third in the US for medical errors twenty five for one hundred thousand kave residents, the third leading cause of death in America. The third leading cause of death medical errors, that is, diagnostic errors getting it wrong to begin with. Seven percent result in death. Medical errors one hundred thousand plus cases annually, often due to mislabeling or incorrect dosage of medicines, and in surgery four thousand cases yearly of wrong surgeries and the wrong site or tool retention. What the hell is tool retention? If ya hogg an instrument? Is that where they forget Yeah, well you leave.
Speaker 9: An instrument inside the patient. But I gotta say I'm a little skeptical, Tom. I mean, the procedures that we have, everything is counted, everything is is triple checked, and I find it hard to believe that Colorado is third. We have a very active uh medical I.
Speaker 4: Mean, doc. They're not making this up. I mean, I don't believe this is this is This law firm says they've done an extensive nationwide. Now obviously they can make it up, but they have the top five states with medical errors. We're going to go over. I want to know and don't please don't look it up in the studio. Can you name, off the top of your head some states you would feel would be in the top five. I think you'll find it very enlightening. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show three oh three seven one three Talks seven one three eight two five five. Today's Car Day gets your calls in about anything to do with cars, and by the way, part of that is insurance. Compass Insurance Group will do free insurance comparisons with no obligation whatsoever. It's called the Insurance Checkup for Home and Auto three oh three nine nine six nine. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content time for an insurance checkup, free no obligation in comparison. Call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom, Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three all three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Anybody want to take a guess? And without looking it up, I hope you didn't look it up. Of the top five, I'm gonna go to Tony in a second here, But who's the what tell me? One of the states in the top five for medical errors, Colorado ranks number three.
Speaker 16: It have to be a big city like California and New York just because of the overpopulation.
Speaker 4: No, no, Florida.
Speaker 14: No, I'm guessing Mississippi top five. Mississippi's one.
Speaker 4: Nope, Oh, nope, close, Peny close in Alabama? Nope, Wow, nope.
Speaker 1: I want thirty five more states to go, folks.
Speaker 4: Louisiana, hey, listen, Okay, number two, we rank number three. So a little worse off than us is Wyoming at number two, and the reason given. The reason given is a lack of infrastructure for medical emergencies in Colorado. It's just numerous healthcare incidents by providers. Number four is Oregon. Oregon has most failures in the hospital lack of a protocol. And Oklahoma is number five with persistent diagnostic and procedural issues. So we have Wyoming number two, Colorado number three, Oregon number four, Oklahoma number five. Who would be number one? Sue's went all around it. Kansas, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana is number one, and it has to do with inadequate staffing, poor oversight, and safety gaps. Very interesting, very very interesting. This was done by the John Fitch law firm John Fitch, which of course is a personal injury firm out of state here. They're a national firm. Well, I say nationally. They advertised nationally and they go after medmol so that's Fitch. I wanted to credit them since I quoted their study. Let's go to the phones now and we'll talk to Tony. So Tony said, he called in and he said, you know, I'm having Pauldwatermanwaterpros dot net helped me out with a system, and he noticed some problems with the pipes, saying you're going to have pinhole leaks develop because of the acidity of your pipes. Then we had a guy call in and say, hey, there is something you can do about that, and he talked about a system that you can put in that can help with that. So what are you calling about today, man?
Speaker 15: So I talked.
Speaker 19: It just so happened.
Speaker 15: There was a plumber across the.
Speaker 17: Street from me.
Speaker 20: I when I talked to him, I said, are you here because of pinhole leaks?
Speaker 18: He said yes.
Speaker 15: Then I talked to a neighbor. We are twenty two homes that were built about fifteen years ago by Ryland Holmes. I talked to a neighbor. I guess there are multiple people in our neighborhood.
Speaker 21: That are having the same problem, and they appear to be all in on the hot water side, so there's no leaks happening on the cold water side.
Speaker 15: And my neighbor's.
Speaker 19: Supposition was that there is.
Speaker 20: Something in the hot water heater.
Speaker 21: Because we all got the same type of hot water heaters, same brand, that.
Speaker 15: Was corroding and causing the problem within the hot water pipes. I'm just calling to see if you your listeners really might have heard of that kind of a problem.
Speaker 4: Well, I told you that are our listeners, not our listeners, but some of our experts have heard of it caused by no but hard water, acid water, no.
Speaker 21: No, no, This is by degradation of the components inside.
Speaker 15: The hot water heater that is causing the problem. Because all the leaks so far are on hot water side of the copper. There's no nobody's had a leak on the cold water side.
Speaker 4: Let's get let's get Paul the water man on to see if he can comment on this. Tom.
Speaker 14: He had his tonsils removed yesterday, so uh oh, well, you can't talk.
Speaker 4: I can't talk.
Speaker 5: Tell him the man up.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, he had his tonsils removed.
Speaker 14: You know what last night from trying to get him on about you.
Speaker 4: You have the number of that guy. You have the number of that other water guy that called in yesterday. Maybe he's listening.
Speaker 7: Did you actually do did you guys know that tonsils can grow back?
Speaker 17: No?
Speaker 4: They can't. Yes they can, they really mark, Yes they can. Did anyone you know have that?
Speaker 1: I had a neighbor that had a yep. I had to have a second talk.
Speaker 4: Really nuts, Oh my goodness. And I hear when you're older. I hear when you're older it gets to be a more serious operation. Is that true?
Speaker 9: Any operation is more risky when you're old, to Tom, because your body has less uh reserved.
Speaker 4: So when I was a kid, the one thing I remember about getting my tonsils out ice cream. They used to give you as much ice cream as you wanted. So Joe is an expert on water. He called in with a lot of good information. We're going to talk to him right after this about if he's heard of the copper pipes pinhole leaks, the reasons, what you can do about it, and specifically why on the hot water side. Right after we get a message from our sponsors and eight eight eight heating dot com, who guarantees the lowest prices for high efficiency replacements of furnace and air, so you can save thirty to forty percent a month on payments and still have a great system at the lowest price. Eight eight eight Heating dot Com three oh three seven seven zero two seven seven six Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martinez here three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. All right, So Joe was on yesterday and had quite a lot of information about pipes and corrosion. So, Joe, we talked about pinholes showing up in copper from the water, and you said, the main reason for that was what the water is acidic, so it's below seven, and it.
Speaker 17: Doesn't have to be very low, very far below seven. It can be six point eight and be corrosive. And then that fellow is talking about it coming from the hot water. The one that I was talking about yesterday that had those leaks in the brass fittings of PEX pipe, it was on the hot water. And we figured out the reason being was he had a circulating hot water system in there.
Speaker 19: And it wasn't on a clock, so it.
Speaker 17: Was circulating hot water twenty four hours a day. And they proved that that's why those copper or those brass fittings went bad. It was acidic water.
Speaker 4: Well, let me ask you this, Joe. Are you saying, in general, Joe, is hot water more susceptible or not? Or was it just the loop that made it more susceptible.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I think it was the loop that made it more susceptible. But but I think when you're you're with that hot water, it just makes it that much more corrosive being you know, you have the hot water and you're and especially if they have any kind of a circulating system on there, it's gonna it's going to just add to it even more.
Speaker 4: All Right, what do you have to say about that, Tony? Did you? Did you hear what Joe said?
Speaker 18: I did?
Speaker 20: My My only question is is why in our neighborhood is it only happening on the hot.
Speaker 22: Water side.
Speaker 4: Wells?
Speaker 20: Well, Like I said, my neighbor believes that the degradation of our hot water heaters is adding changing the water supply on.
Speaker 4: You're saying something, You're saying something inside the water heater is actually degrading, causing problems with the pipes.
Speaker 20: That's that's his supposition.
Speaker 4: The only thing that would the only thing that would deteriorate inside a water tank because they're lined, is the sacrificial anode, and if you have acidic water, it would eat through that anode pretty readily. But Joe and a sacrificial anode just in Layman's terms, real simple, is a rod that is put there and it is designed to corrode because it attracts the electrons before the tank. It extends the life of the tank by attracting electrons. So, Joe, did I just hear it that anode? Yeah, I don't know who it was, but Joe, if that anode was rotting corroding as it should with that cause problems with pipes.
Speaker 17: I've been to a lot of homes, you know, and we're in there doing water treatment and the people start getting a because when that anoid rod is is corroding, it'll put off a sulfur smell, and so a lot of people will call in that they've got sulfur in their water. Well, we go and check it out, and if it's just sulfur smell in the hot water system, then we know that anoid rod is bad. So we'll change the anod rod out for him. But we've never had an issue where you know, they were getting then corroded pipes. I would just I would just that.
Speaker 15: Whatever.
Speaker 17: I'm not a betting man, but it's acidic water. His water is below seven and that's what's doing it.
Speaker 1: I would love to.
Speaker 17: Go over and test the water water form, showing the difference if there's acidic water on the cold side, and if it's any different on the hot side, see if there's a change. I would really like to help this spell out. And those systems that we put in, they're not a backwashing system. The water just runs through that calcite and that's what raises the pH uh.
Speaker 4: You know these tanks.
Speaker 17: Putting them in there and and installed. If they're not you know, a big major plumbing issue.
Speaker 4: You can do it for.
Speaker 17: Less than a thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Well, I got one. Paul the water man put that in our house.
Speaker 7: I literally have that system you're talking about, along with the water softener.
Speaker 5: He did it at the same time.
Speaker 4: You did.
Speaker 17: If it actually is a calcite system.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, no, I know what mine is, Yes it is. But what I'm I'm not the caller, Hey, Tony, Tony. Yeah, where you located.
Speaker 10: Tony, Seasony, Rocksboro, Okay, And.
Speaker 4: Where you located, Joe. In general, I'm out.
Speaker 17: In the Callahan area, but I work from Denver to Lineman to Yeah, I'd cover it, Kate, Jerry, I go Tony.
Speaker 4: Would you would you allow Tony, would you allow Joe to come over and take a look and just do some field and investigations for us.
Speaker 20: And it cal site. If that's what it takes for one thousand bucks, man, I'm all in.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what Joe and Tony sues make that connection there, so we can have Joe go over to Tony's and then Joe you report back to us and Tony two on what you guys find or come up with, and then Joe take a particular look on why it's happening on the hot water side in that neighborhood yep. And Tony, if you have any neighbors, maybe he can test their water too and see what you know and come up with some answers. I'm all in, all right, Sue's put that together. That's wonderful. Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five One Clear Choice Garage Doors Man, I'm telling you, these people have been with me for years and years. When it comes to garage doors. There's a lot of big companies out there that are really they're just big and bad, but they're not good for you. One Clear Choice Stores has that personal touch twenty four to seven service. They have technicians, they get to know you, they know your garage doors, and it's something that they're proud of. They put all of their prices on the Internet on their website, so you know ahead of time what you'll be charged. They're straightforward, good people. For anything to do with your door or your opener one clear Choice Doors dot com seven to zero three seven zero thirty nine eighty seven. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey, I'm Tom Martine, your trouble shooter three all three seven one three talk through us' seven one three eight two five five rand He wants to talk about He wants to talk about tire chains, go ahead and ran, what's happening?
Speaker 12: My question is it's you have to use tire chains or cables and you have an all reel drive car. Do you have to put them on all four tires.
Speaker 1: On an all wheel drive vehicle? I definitely would, yet absolutely.
Speaker 12: Okay, what could happen if you don't put on them all?
Speaker 1: For if you get excessive slip coming from the rear, coming from the front, depending on which way you put them on, you can cause transfer case damage.
Speaker 7: Plus plus when those chains are cables are on, you're not supposed to be going over twenty five or thirty And on most cars you can lock in four wheel drive. You'd want to do that as well. You wouldn't want you know, the wheels that grip aren't the ones that slip or whatever. You want everything doing the same thing.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I've reseverring that up as if you're on ice, not necessarily snow. Yeah for just babies, yeah, would be going over twenty miles an hour, but just damage.
Speaker 16: Yeah, you can it's possible anyway, not you know, it's not instant damage.
Speaker 7: It's possible to do damage to that transfer case just having tires that aren't within three thirty seconds, let alone some that have big chains on them and the other ones don't.
Speaker 12: Yeah, that's that's that was you know, thank you. I appreciate your information on that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: They're a pain in the ass, you guys.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm surprised several times a year. I'm surprised with all the technology, guys, listen to this, With all the technology we have, I'm shocked that there's not some kind of way to automate that process.
Speaker 1: Or spider chains yep.
Speaker 7: For school buses generally have them.
Speaker 1: Ambulances.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so they're cool. How do they How does it work? It's a change.
Speaker 7: It basically drops down and your tire is basically running on the chain the whole time.
Speaker 16: Yep.
Speaker 5: It's like almost like like a track.
Speaker 4: Wait wait a minute, and you can turn it on and off.
Speaker 16: Yeah yeah, yeah, the back wheels of like an ambulance or a fire engine.
Speaker 4: And you don't have to get out of the vehicle to do it. No, man, it drops them there.
Speaker 7: But yep, whoa what is it called automatic tire chan We always.
Speaker 1: Call them spider chains, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's yeah, you.
Speaker 7: Know, because most school buses around here have them, most fire trucks around here have them. Yep, absolutely, and you could get them on a semi and stuff. I mean, you know, I'm sure they're not cheap. Oh I'll tell you who's got them all the I seventy tow trucks, most of those guys.
Speaker 4: Okay, now I'm seeing something here. I'm seeing something here called the spikes spider. But it requires you to get out, but you don't have to wrap the tire. Look it up, look bikes dash spider.
Speaker 1: You can also look up like onspot automatic.
Speaker 7: Please do picture something okay, picture your bus used to have you know, how the legs would come down and actually balance you out. Yes, picture something like that dropping down while you're driving to the to the height of the tire, the bottom of the tire.
Speaker 5: Then it spins in a circle.
Speaker 7: Chains, so the tire is constantly running over the chains it's spinning.
Speaker 1: Look up on spot automatic tire chains.
Speaker 4: Okay, on spot automatic what hire chains? Wow? Okay, I'm looking that up.
Speaker 7: Incredible, you know, Wow, it basically so spins.
Speaker 4: Yeah, weird. I know, I know exactly what you're saying. Now I'm seeing it. So it's always going underneath your tire at the same time your tires hit the ground. Yeah, exactly, but it's not on the tire itself. It's just between the tire and the no. But it's always in between your tire and the ice. That's pretty cool. Did you look up spider dash or spikes dash spiders to sell?
Speaker 7: We sold out because our my Peoria store was right by I seventy and you know, being a good year franchise.
Speaker 4: We sold a ton of tires.
Speaker 7: I would sell mostly cables, and the cables work pretty good and they're a lot easier to put on than those damn chains. But I think up in the mountains, wouldn't you guys agree the chains are probably better.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, bus far.
Speaker 4: We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show three ozho three seven one three eight two five five. Stick around for more Troubleshooter Show on car Day. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance. Three All three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ripped news you needed, that's who you don't have?
Speaker 18: Run anxious as fast as we can.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help come man.
Speaker 4: Is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hello Tom Martino, Welcome to the show. Three All three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. You know, we talked about a lot of stuff today on Car Day. Jeff fig West from camera transmission. We have Kevin Caulkin from Shardan Autotech, and we've been talking about various car related topics. It's really interesting to talk about noises and cars. Do you know I look this up? Noises are the number one complaint when it comes to cars, especially new cars, the number one complaint meaning what is the noise? Isn't that weird? So we talked about something also called what was that condition? I looked it up here, hold on, I have it here somewhere. It was anyway, Susanna, what kind of phobia? Phobia?
Speaker 17: Right?
Speaker 11: I think I'm saying that basically, you just said, you know what you just said, as soon as you just said, me so phony, phony, me so phony.
Speaker 7: I asked ai number one complaint of new cars, and I have a totally different answer than what you got.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm talking about all around. The most common complaint starts with the noise. It may not end up being.
Speaker 7: This says, and I'll bet you sales practices is number one issue.
Speaker 4: Mark. Oh, I'm talking about the car themselves for the noise. Yes, and so the thing about noises, Kevin and Jeff, would you agree with me that all cars have noises indicative of them or unique to that one unit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's no way getting around that. You've got a lot of moving parts, though, you're gonna get noise.
Speaker 4: Now, I will say, the quietest car I have ever owned in my entire life is this BMW.
Speaker 7: Oh you're saying that's quieter than that Model three. No way, Now, I'm talking about Mark. I'm not talking about the engine or that.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about road noise and just noise, just interior cockpit. It is the most quiet cockpit. And it's really baffling to me. Now, is it true? I've heard this that there's a certain amount in certain cars an R active noise reduction going on. Do you know what active noise reduction is? Same thing in your headphones? That's right. So in an aviation headset, the microphone is picking up sound and it has a sound wave, and then it generates another sound wave counter to that to cancel it. It's literally canceling out like an anecdote. No, no, like a yeah, that's what is it? An antidote? Yeah, like you take for poison. It's just like cancels it out. So what it does that is it flattens the curve. You don't hear that noise and you hear whatever they don't cancel. Well, I heard that cars correct me if I'm wrong, Guys. I hear that their entertainment or enfotainment centers emit a small an R sound to cancel out noise. I get zero road noise in my ass man, I mean nothing. I'll bet you, Mark, I'll bet you it has active noise reduction somewhere. I'm sure it does, because what it's doing is sampling the cockpit sound, generating a counter sound, and all your hearing is what's left. And what's left would be your voice or something new, a new sound, but the DIN would be canceled and the DIN would be the road noise and whatever the car generate. But that is really incredible technology if you think about it. Mercedes I think was one of the first ones to pioneer this. But I don't know if that's what's happening in the Beamer. But man, is it unbelievably quiet?
Speaker 6: Tom, your car is equipped with active noise cancelation technology.
Speaker 4: It is Okay, isn't that weird? I wonder if it was something you could turn on and off if you would notice a big difference, Because if you think about it, what they what they generate in active noise cancelation, they can do away with extra insulation and stuff in the car itself. Guys, wouldn't that be true?
Speaker 16: Well, there's definitely some cars that are loaded up on installation. Yes, yeah, of course.
Speaker 4: Well what you say, if you have a really good if you have a really good active noise cancelation system, the less insallation you need, I think you'd still have to have that.
Speaker 16: I think you still have to have some just all the vibrations and stuff can be absorbed in the insulation.
Speaker 5: Yes, like good suspension. So listen to this man.
Speaker 4: This is a complete opposite of.
Speaker 5: What we're talking about.
Speaker 7: Did you know that Chevies, especially the Corvettes, literally make engine noises through the speakers that's fully.
Speaker 5: Synthetic to make it sound more bad.
Speaker 4: So when you're driving the outside people are inside people? Is it for the cockpit? It's both. Do you know my car? My car has a setting where you can change the engine noise. Yeah, it's awesome, it says. One is called classic European another one is called a muscle car, and like you pick whatever sound you want.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's all fake.
Speaker 6: Did you guys know that it's all programmed into your stereo system and they just start playing.
Speaker 4: But that means but they're talking about people on the outside hearing it too, Yeah, of course, like when you rev your engine up, I mean they're hearing fake noise. Now, the G Wagon is totally silent, the electric g Wagon, the G five eighty, which I decide is probably one of the worst spies on Earth after really looking into it. But it's just a cool idea, but it still sucks. But the G five eighty generates noise for the outside people to hear. So when you're and for the cockpit when you're driving down the road, it sounds like a gasoline car. I mean that's almost like saying, you know what, when we make this model T, we're gonna put horse hoofs sounds on it, you know, so we can you know, reminisce about the horse and buggy. I mean, why would you even want to do that? If you're trying to get away from that technology? Why would you want to mimic?
Speaker 23: Then you can you're seen in a parking lot, You're heard in a parking lot if you're you know, sneaking up behind somebody and you make a car noise when you're electric ket Well, so is an.
Speaker 4: Ice cream truck. So is an ice cream truck? We get have bells and whistles.
Speaker 22: I do.
Speaker 7: It is weird when like one of these little super ruser pulls up next to me, these little wrx's that someone drop fifty grand into, and they look over and they want to race. There's nothing I do I can do to acknowledge. Okay, let's see who's faster. Because I can't rev up. There's nothing I can do. I guess I can give them the thumbs up.
Speaker 4: Oh, I get it.
Speaker 5: You don't have it down those kind of actions.
Speaker 4: You're right, you know what. The biggest thing, the biggest thing when I was driving my son's Model three, that the car got pissed off at because I guess I did it more than I ever thought in a million years. Every once in a while I would have my on the accelerator and as I'm coming to a stop and okay, I don't do this anymore, but I'm a two foot driver. Sometimes you are. That is so unnatural. Well, I don't do it all the time. My foot stays on that rest on the left hand side, my left foot, but every once in a while it goes over to the break to help out. I don't know. And I'm so that the Tesla lets you know when you have both on. Did you know that, Mark? You probably never.
Speaker 7: Did it, And I'll tay you know that. I'll tell you something that freaked me out. So generally with the Tesla you only charge it to eighty percent. I mean that's right from you know, Eline himself. If you're going on a long trip, of course, but your typical every day, so you charge it Deity. So the first time I charged it to one hundred percent, because we were going to go to Nebraska in it. When it's fully charged and you start coming to a stop, Tesla has breaked themselves. In fact, you own never need to use the brake if you know how to drive it, because it starts regenerating the battery going downhill and bring right. When it's at one hundred percent, it could no longer charge the battery, so that function is one hundred percent gone. So when I let off the gas I'm used to it start stopping and I'm rolling at full speed, and I thought the damn thing was broken. I was ready to go to the dealer because all of a sudden the breaking wasn't working. And then I figured it out. When you're at one hundred percent, it doesn't do that. Have you witnessed that yet?
Speaker 4: Well, I don't drive his car enough to know that, got it? But one thing in the five eighty, you can pick the amount of regeneration you want. You can pick full, you can pick half, or you can pick none. So you can control that with the five eighty, So you actually pick whatever percentage of regeneration you want of the of the coasting. Now, if you coasted down the mountain like Mark will it be generating the battery.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so what's really cool. I'll give you a great example. Man, if we go up to Blackhawks, let's say, starting at the bottom of seventy, going up to Blackhawk, I use nine percent, let's just say nine percent battery. Coming back I generally get about eight percent.
Speaker 4: So it's really wild.
Speaker 7: And that's the only really good example I can give, because coming back is almost one hundred percent downhill and I actually pick up like eight percent. I don't pick up as much as I use to get there, but it's damn close enough to why that would be against the laws?
Speaker 4: That would be against the laws yea of nature. You can't. You can't. Ever, otherwise you'd have a competual of energy, right, you'd have a you would have what's called a perpetual motion machine, which we know except for nuts like JR. They don't believe in stuff like that.
Speaker 7: This is crazy. I just looked up that G five eighty you're talking about. That range blows it does?
Speaker 4: It does? That's because you know the ranges. It's like two. You know that range is ex and it's exaggerated at that probably right.
Speaker 7: Well, and here's the worst part. Listen to this the battery you can here. Here's what would kill you in this car. The battery can be charged from ten to eighty percent and thirty two minutes.
Speaker 4: On a model ASS or the X.
Speaker 7: I mean that's like, that's like twelve minutes, man, I mean that's like three times the amount of sitting there at a charger.
Speaker 4: That's just crazy.
Speaker 7: And you're gonna have to go to the charger a lot more because the range is half. Did they use the same metal Is it a big heavy son of a gun or did they go fibers the same Martin.
Speaker 4: All they did was took a G wagon. I swear to you. They took a G wagon and put four motors on one mom each wheel.
Speaker 18: Wow.
Speaker 4: No, it's the dumbest. They just wanted to get on on the EV thing, so they did very little. They put one little slit in the back fenders for airflow. It's the most ridiculous thing you ever want to see. It's you know, I thought they would redesign the body a little, right, but they want to keep that square G wagon look. And it's you know, I was really enamored by it at first, but the more I looked into it, it's got every disadvantage of a gasoline car.
Speaker 7: And I'll tell you anyway, since you've been looking just real quick at different evs, I'll tell you something else that all of them do, including Tesla, all of them so like ours is a long range, our current model less it's supposed to get four hundred and twelve.
Speaker 4: But if you put a bowling ball in the back, that's like three ninety.
Speaker 7: Now you put two bowling bags or two bowling balls in the back, you're you're at, you know, maybe three seventy. You put two passengers in the back, so four people and then two bowling balls, you're down around three hundred or less. I mean you're talking no air conditioner on, no heater on, no wind, no headwind coming at you on a flat road with one person that weighs like one hundred and sixty. That's where you get to four hundred and ten on mine. It's so bs, Oh, I get it. So that's okay, we got more coming up on the troubles. Could be one hundred and thirty if you had four people and.
Speaker 4: No I know, I know by the way Denver region dot com you heard Mark talking about their weight loss. They also do stem cell therapy. I can't say enough about I've actually went through it and it works. Denver Region dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi tom Archino, your troubleshooter three O three seven to one three talk seven one three A two five five KH Home solutions for all of your exterior needs on your home with a company sixty five years strong, and that's kinh Khwindows dot com. So let's talk to Shanna. She's got a complaint. Did anyone get them on the phone or sus did you call them about this? Makes really truck?
Speaker 14: It's a complaint. She just wants to know of things normal.
Speaker 4: Okay, So she had Gravina's windows do some windows for her Shauna, what did tell me what went on?
Speaker 8: Yeah, so they put our windows in last July and there were some issues like one head of scratch. They didn't slide correctly, like they were put in backwards, and then had a couple guys come out, and then some of them weren't actually installed properly, so they fixed that. They were missing like the nail hole covers on them. But the real issue at the end of the day was one of them that didn't slide and still doesn't slide, and so their fix was WB forty. Well it still doesn't slide.
Speaker 4: They had, you know, there's now wait a minute, wait a minute, is it wait a minute, wait a minute. So when you say it doesn't slide, tell me about it.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So it gets caught up in the middle. Okay, so it takes two hands and like all your to push it. The guy thought it was like, oh, it's not shimmed in there correctly. It's not square right now, that's right, squared it up, okay, but it still doesn't do it. He's six foot four and he's like, oh, it worked. I'm five to five and I'm like, it still takes me two hands and it gets hung up in the middle.
Speaker 5: And all the other ones, all the other ones open just really easily.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, yeah, it's one handed. Well, you know, like this is simple.
Speaker 5: I mean, this is simple. We'll just get it fixed for you.
Speaker 21: Okay.
Speaker 14: Well, here's the thing. This is the question that I was proposed that they're fixing it. They've got to deal with the manufacturer. But they wanted to pay the small balance left on the bill.
Speaker 4: That's the question. I thought, Well, why would I have it?
Speaker 7: If they were put in way back then, why would you still owe money?
Speaker 5: They did like in house finance.
Speaker 4: Well, first of all, first of all, wait a minute, how much do you owe?
Speaker 8: Five hundred dollars? So I kept five hundred.
Speaker 4: Dollars because it did that's chicken feet, Yeah, that's chicken feed. That's not a big deal.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 8: The daily installer left. I immediately pointed out some things, and so I didn't pay the balance in full. Well, you know, the owner called me like a month ago and he yelled at me and goes, you just don't want to pay your balance, And I said, I have a window that's not fixed. So the guy came out, reached himed it first. First they're fixed. Was WD forty and it was silicone, not the real WD forty, still didn't work. The track of the window has gray in it, so you can tell there's an issue because it's doing something to the rollers. None of the other tracks have like gray from the rollers dragging. But the issue is so I they want me to pay, and then it's a manufacturer's issue, like pay your balance and full, then it's the manufacturer's issue. And I just I don't know.
Speaker 4: Like Shauna, Shauna, no matter, Shawna, no matter what, whether it's the manufacturer or Gravinas will stand behind it. Who's the one that told you you just don't want to pay your bill? Who said that to you?
Speaker 24: Nick?
Speaker 8: Nick Gravina? He yelled and was pretty inappropriate.
Speaker 14: Oh dear, I don't know. I can't see that guy yelling to save my life.
Speaker 4: But okay, Oh listen, Shauna, listen, Shauna. I don't know what was said or what wasn't said, or I don't know if may I don't know. I just don't. You know, everybody has a bad day, everybody gets pissed, everybody capable. Let's give Nick a call. She's in Yeah, listen, Shawna one thing I'm going to tell you for.
Speaker 8: Sew Honestly, Tom, I don't want to deal with Nick again like she's dealing with my husband now, because he's just so inappropriate. I just wanted that.
Speaker 4: When you say inappropriate, what do you mean inappropriate yelling?
Speaker 8: Like told me I didn't want to pay my effing bill and I just want to get to I just want my windows to be fixed and be done with it. And I just I just don't understand like I have to pay to the warranty work, you know, like done, Like I just want it done. That's why withheld the money.
Speaker 7: Well, even if you don't want to talk to him, we're going to get them on. So we're going to see what his side is. But if if what's going on is going on, I'm sure they'll get out there and fix it.
Speaker 8: Okay, Well they said it's a warranty to manufacturer, they can't do anything.
Speaker 5: Oh maybe that is the case. I just don't know.
Speaker 15: I have a.
Speaker 14: Message into him, give me a minute, and.
Speaker 4: I act as an intermediary if you guys need me to. Yeah, we're sorry, this is happening. Listen. Like I said, I'm not sure what was said or how it happened, but how long? How he's dealing with you last summer, last July. Yeah, but we will take care of it, Jean, thank you.
Speaker 9: I do.
Speaker 4: I will tell you here's what's odd. He let me. Let me just say what's odd, Seanna. I'm not doubting you, and I'm saying everybody has a good or bad day. But in general, we just don't get these complaints about these people. We just don't. And they do thousands of installations. So the good news is it's not their normal mode. Something something went to wry. You know, it happens, We're going to figure it out.
Speaker 8: You know. The Yelp reviews aren't great. But one of my neighbors had their windows, use their use them for windows, and they had a decent experience, so it was like cool. You know, it's word of mouth is more than anything for me, you know. And but their Yelp reviews are not great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And one thing I've noticed with the reviews, Okay, you're always going to hear about the bad reviews more than you will good ones because usually people, unless people are super elated, they don't put a review up. And if they're pissed, just even a little, they'll put it up. I'm gonna take a break and I do you want Nick to comment on this, Shauna? And he doesn't have to deal with you directly, but I want him to comment on this. Right after this, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martsino here three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. So, Nick Gravina, We had a woman on who said that she had numerous problems with an insalation windows and they were all taking care of except one a window that does not open or close properly. It's a slider. She was told to use w D forty or some silicone and it doesn't work, but she says she's just feels bad that not only was it not handled correctly, she feels that you were kind of rude to her. And there's no there's no easy way to say that. Isn't that what she said? Mark? Yeah, she basically said what word did she use?
Speaker 14: He was inappropriate and inappropriates what.
Speaker 4: You feel like. Five. She has a five hundred dollars balance that she doesn't want to pay, and she's afraid if she pays it, she's going to be tossed to the manufacturer to deal with for the met and she doesn't believe it's the window. She believes it's the installation. But she also believes whether it's the installation or the manufacturer, Gravinas is the one she dealt with and she wants them to So go ahead, Nick, I'll let you have it from here.
Speaker 25: So yeah, we've been out to her house several times. Every time we go out there, we fix something, something else comes up, we fix it, something else comes up, we fix it, something else comes up, and we just keep going. We were there last week again. We had to reset a window a little bit because it was deemed it was probably a little out of level or a little of square.
Speaker 22: So we fix that, we get.
Speaker 10: Done with it, and she doesn't.
Speaker 25: Like how it operates, and you know, my tech brought back videos of her operating it and him operating it. She thinks it operates hard.
Speaker 20: I see it in the videos.
Speaker 25: I told her that yesterday. But my tech operates it just fine. And again I said, man, at this point, I don't know what else me as a company can do besides to get the manufacturer out there. And to get the manufacturer out there, we have to close out the account to get the warranty papers processed, so then the main manufactor can get involved. Because my tech thinks, if anything, it's the window itself, you know, And that's what I told her yesterday. She just doesn't like what I'm telling her. She doesn't think that she has to pay it until it's fixed, and I understand that, but we've been out there several times. At this point we think it is a manufacturing issue. I can't do anything about it. I got to get the manufacturer there. But she does not have a warranty with the manufacturer yet because she's not closed out her account.
Speaker 4: How long.
Speaker 5: How long is she owed?
Speaker 4: A year? A year mark? Almost. I don't know, But here's what I mean.
Speaker 25: I think we did our job like probably in mid last summer, and then yeah, there were some things we had to get, you know, some new parts and stuff, and then we had holiday spans and all this other stuff. So it's been a.
Speaker 24: While and.
Speaker 4: Let's just let's just work on going forward. So she pays the balance that the warranty is triggered. The manufacturer comes out there, he says, there's nothing wrong with the window. Has that ever happened? Where you? What would you do?
Speaker 25: Or do you that's the rock and a hard place, you know. Again, yesterday she said, oh, you're just gonna throw me to the manufacturer, and I got to deal with said absolutely not. I said, we procure that. On our side. I just I can't do anything if I don't manufacture the window. We've done everything in our power to make that window.
Speaker 4: Is it in? So you're convinced it it's well, let me just ask you this. Are you saying, do you suspect that the manufacturer might come out and say there's nothing wrong with this and there's nothing It operates as it should.
Speaker 7: Are you thinking there's nothing wrong with it? And the text on video and the window opens.
Speaker 4: Fine. Yeah, but here's what I want to know. Is the window different than her other sliders. That's easy to figure out. Do her other sliders move differently than that one.
Speaker 25: My tech thinks that, yes, one of the sashes, it's a double sliding window. That one sash is a little bit harder than the other ones. And again we never told her to lube them up on WD forty at all. There's one point when I told said, ma'am, we can add some some loub to her windows, and she said, I don't want that. She's like, I don't want WD forty. I said, well, it's not WD forty to oil base, it's a dry lube WD forty. And again we offered to do that, not telling her to do that, and again so that when he was up there, and again I we usually try to fix everything in house. I've exhausted that at this point. We've been up to her house probably six seven times. Actually everything I humanly can at this point, and this is my only thing at this point. And we still work with the manufacturer. We procure them, we tell them, we give them our notes, we can give them our videos. She can go up there. You know with the if I got to get my teg up there with the manufacturer, sure we can do that too, but the manufacturer won't come out if there's not a warranty.
Speaker 4: Now, Shauna, I want to ask you something. Now, do you believe a company that's been around sixty years or more? Do you believe that they're just trying to trick you into paying five hundred dollars and they're not going to do anything.
Speaker 8: I don't have a lot of confidence in the company based on I know.
Speaker 4: I asked you a question, Shawna. Do you think that they're just trying to trick you into getting the last five hundred dollars because that's going to make or break them and they're not planning on following up. Is that your day?
Speaker 8: No, I don't think five hundred dollars is going to make or break.
Speaker 18: Them at all. No, I don't.
Speaker 8: I do not have full confidence that they would follow up. I feel like based on the way Nick spoken to me in a way I have been treated.
Speaker 4: Shawna, Oh you are really the Shawna. Shawna. They've been on a refer less twenty five years and never once and I.
Speaker 8: Think that's great. I think that's great.
Speaker 4: Not once, not once have we had someone say they left a problem unresolved, Not once, they just.
Speaker 26: Had somebody out there that I'm just asking you, is it reasonable? Is it reasonable that if they did not have one complaint on not following up in twenty five years, is it reasonable to assume that he wants to pay off the bill, invoke the warranty, and get the manufacturer's help.
Speaker 4: Is that reasonable? Yes?
Speaker 8: However, I wanted my question what to you.
Speaker 4: Was is that normal?
Speaker 3: Is that normal?
Speaker 8: That's that's the reason that was What normal is?
Speaker 4: What is what normal is?
Speaker 8: What normal that you pay your balance to get a warranty?
Speaker 7: Well, I know this. It starts, it starts from the finish. Yes, that is very normal. Yes, it is in a car, and a car it's called an in service date.
Speaker 8: Shauna, that's my question. What I called was I feel like I'm going to get thrown to the wolves. So that was Shauna's first question when I talked to your ad.
Speaker 4: But when you say, when you say, listen, when you say you feel like you're going to be thrown to the wolves, and you just said you don't think five hundred dollars is going to make or break then then why would they be going through all of this? Tell me you're not making sense to me. What does your husband think.
Speaker 3: About?
Speaker 4: What about this? You've talked to him? What does he think about the balance?
Speaker 8: We just want to warrant the window fixed, that's all, okay. I wouldn't be able to we wouldn't be able to sell our house.
Speaker 4: Why didn't she ask do you feel? Do you feel? Do you feel by withholding five hundred dollars, you're expediting the prompt. You're putting pressure on them to get it fixed by keeping five hundred dollars.
Speaker 8: Hey, Tom, you see yourself on the show, like, don't ever give contractors money up front.
Speaker 20: Make sure well done.
Speaker 24: You're absolutely right, You're absolutely right. Don't ever pay money upfront for nothing. The damn job is complete. You're not giving money up front? Hang up, I'm done. I'm done. I'm done. Goodbye, Shauna, my god in heaven. Yeah, don't give money up front. Let's see the entire job is done. Hmm, don't give money up front now, Tom, You.
Speaker 4: Said not to give money up front. Yes, I did, And I said, actually, there are some caveats there if in fact the job is started or materials are ordered in your name, plans have been done, et cetera, et cetera. There are times you make reasonable deposits. There are times you do that. You don't pay up front for nothing? What were you gonna say? Sorry?
Speaker 7: Well, if it's custom, I mean, my god, if it's a custom product.
Speaker 5: I'll give you an example.
Speaker 7: I am literally using Gravina right now for a sliding door. Our sliding door is not a normal size. The manufacturer literally has to build it for our hole, if you will, so, I paid eighteen hundred bucks up front. I mean, that's normal as hell. If you know, I know Nick, and he wouldn't make me do it. But my god, if they didn't charge for something custom like that, what would they ever do of something? Take a break out there, speak with it? And I'm sorry, I think she's a Karen.
Speaker 4: I'm just wait? Did he alla right? Say it?
Speaker 5: Nothing?
Speaker 4: Did he say something? Something? F with it?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 18: Did I now?
Speaker 4: Of course? Okay, rewrit the tape. We got more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation in comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martino here, let's go right to the phones. Jay. You have a comment on the slider, I do, Tom.
Speaker 10: She actually said something that was a really good clue that it's the only window. When she opens and closes it, it leaves a little gray mark that indicates some frictions on those yeh windows are thirty if they're.
Speaker 8: Not just junk.
Speaker 10: You need to pick it up out of the frame, slip it over and there's either a little step free a PopOut the roller and move it to a higher step to raise it up so doesn't grub anything. You can also do that to one side or the other to level it, but.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation. Comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, rip, so you don't have come runs as fast as we can. Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 4: Come, man, this is the Troubleshooters. No Tom Martinez.
Speaker 7: Welcome, Welcome, my friends to the only show of this guy. We're here to solve problems, answer questions, kate complaints. Our goal is to make your life a little bit better. You've been ripped off, maybe a bad contractor maybe anything. We'd love to hear from you. We've recouped over three hundred million dollars in cash, merchandise, exchanges, and refunds directly due to the show over forty years of doing that, so we'd love to hear from you. It's card ad today. I got Kevin Cokin, shared an auto Tech, Jeff Vick, and then Dragon let me know when Tom's back up there. We got the video. Did you watch this video? And I'll tell everybody what I'm talking about in a second. The video is from Hey, Tom, we actually had the video from that lady that called about Gravina in the window, Suzanne.
Speaker 4: Did you look at it yet?
Speaker 19: Yes?
Speaker 4: Are you serious? She?
Speaker 14: Nick sent both videos, one of his tech opening the window with one hand while on the phone recording it. I saw that when Mark. I haven't seen the one where the caller.
Speaker 4: Was opening up.
Speaker 10: I haven't.
Speaker 7: I haven't toime while you're talking there. I'm gonna look at it and I'll tell you what I think.
Speaker 4: But also we can put it up on YouTube. Yeah we can, Yeah, we can. So send it to me and I'll get it up for the listeners. That sounded bad, I'll get the video up for thet for listeners on YouTube and they can see it all right, So three oh three seven to one three talk. The thing is, I've had sliders before in the past, and you know, you can tell if something's amiss, if it's off, or if it's just minor. I mean, and I believe these guys probably tried everything they could, and maybe it is a manufacturing thing. But then just before the end of the hour, We had Jay call and say, you know, some of those rollers are adjustable. I mean, I imagine grew I imagine Gravina knows that. I mean. We don't get a lot of complaints about this. So in any case, if you guys have a problem, question or complain final hour of our show on Friday, give us a call. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Okay. I asked people about miss aphonia noises that drive them crazy. One person says, farting. Now, they don't mean as a joke. They mean the sound actually discuss them to a point where if they hear it, they vomit. Yeah, well you just made that person vomit, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: The other one is that here's the other thing. Another one said, when they're in the movies and somebody is chewing popcorn, they can't stand it. Now, I've never had a violent reaction to a noise, But what noise is great on you? Maybe it's not as strong as misophone. Nails can't do that. Really, Yep, Now, I don't think this is miss aphonia. But remember the expression we had something gave you the chills. Did you guys ever have that expression growing up, like like scratching your nails on a on a chalkboard, or certain sounds that make you cringe. What is that called? What is that actual phenomenal called? You know where some people have that?
Speaker 18: Like?
Speaker 4: What does it for me? Believe it or not? Is nails on a newspaper? Does that bother anybody? Do you know what I'm talking about? First of all, do you know what I'm speaking of? When I talk about noise that makes noises or feelings that make you cringe? Do you know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 1: Oh? Totally guys. Oh yeah, I'll wait for my wife. I can if I scraped my fork across the plate and I can't stand it.
Speaker 9: When you go to a bar Mitchel wedding or something and the band is playing three thousand decibels, you can't even hear you say, I'll think.
Speaker 1: It just drives me nuts. Let's just being an old man, duck.
Speaker 5: I can't stand when he's playing on my yard.
Speaker 1: Go yell at some clouds. For me, it's styrofoam, styrofoam.
Speaker 4: Oh, you're right, I hate styrofoam. Kevin, I hate that sound. One person says that they can't stand the noise of somebody's stomach gurgling that could bother you. There's another one. Nope, sorry, not going to put that on the area, you jerk. But uh not every never mind, I'm not even going there. I'm gonna just I'm not even going even close. Okay, sir, not even close. Never mind, I'm not I was gonna try to make a smart remark, but I'm not going to. But all right, let me move on, please, or I'm gonna get thrown off the air and canceled.
Speaker 9: That lady should go to White Castle because they make great sliders.
Speaker 4: So funny. So did you make that up? Doc? I did. Craig has a transmit Craig has a transmission problem. Craig, what's going on?
Speaker 13: Man?
Speaker 18: Okay, it's not so much of a problem. I just wanted to ask.
Speaker 1: Jeff.
Speaker 18: I got a two alantrasees twenty eighteen, twenty twenty. I had the twenty eighteen. I had transmission service done at the Hondai dealership here in Color Springs. I had about thirty thousand. I called the Hondai dealership just a little bit ago, just ask them what they actually do. Do they do a flush or do a drain and feel and they said, hey, it's sealed, so there's no gasket. They don't worry places the filter and and they said they do a send them on a top in.
Speaker 19: The lower something with the Flushold.
Speaker 18: I just want to ask, Jeff, what's the what's your be doing with the transmission service on these scars?
Speaker 1: If you stick to that thirty or thirty six thousand mile interval, then just doing the drain and fill is going to be just fine, you know, if you get out get out there. I mean, I've said it before, transmissions are probably the second most neglected part of the vehicle. The only thing that really beats is to the battery. Nobody thinks about it until it doesn't work. So if you start gettingup there in the seventy eighty ninety thousand mile range, then yeah, doing something like a flush could be warranted. And what they're doing is interrupting the cooler lines and circulating fluid through there so that they can replenish all that fluid in the additives that that transmission needs in order to keep it healthy. So there's no filter, then right, there is a filter, but it's internal to the case and you have to do a complete disassembly in order to access it.
Speaker 4: Okay, and how often is that done, Jeff? How often is that done?
Speaker 5: Overhaul?
Speaker 1: So we fail a lot.
Speaker 18: Worship that they don't do a drain fill, they do a flush.
Speaker 19: Right, is something I need to be concerned about.
Speaker 1: No, it's nothing you really need to be concerned about. I mean they made these flushing machines for you know, places like grease Monkey and Jiffy Lubs whose texts were costing them more money by touching transmissions than they were making. So they made an idiot proof box that you just hook it up to the cool lines and circulate fluid to it. The reason I don't like them is because you know, one you're not changing the filter, which on your vehicle is not applicable anyway. Two, you're not really getting all the debris out because it's got to go through that filter. And three, you know, anytime somebody makes somebody something an idiot proof, somebody goes out and makes a better idiot. So these things still do cause problems.
Speaker 19: Yes, okay, information I needed, thank you.
Speaker 4: Thank you. So when it comes to these internal filters, if they're there for the life of transmission, I have a very stupid question, why do they have them?
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean that necessarily, I mean the debris that's going through that unit. I mean, hond has been doing it for generations upon generations upon generations.
Speaker 4: It's just kind of what I'm asking is, where does the debris, Where does the debris come from?
Speaker 1: Just from natural deterioration inside the transmission. You're gonna have bushing material, You're gonna have clutch material, You're gonna have all sorts of material that's gonna come apart as opposed to have and it's suspended in the fluid and interfering with other functions. You want to trap it someplace. And that's the filter.
Speaker 4: I got you. I understand, all right? Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three two five five. We're talking cars and everything in between, and we ask people about noises they can't stand. One said, this is sad, but I knew i'd get it. The sound of your voice, Oh God. And another I was sure that'd be mine. Another one and another one said, my wife yelling at me, not all the time, not not just normal talking, but when she yells at me, I know I'm in trouble. Been married thirty five years.
Speaker 13: The sound.
Speaker 4: I don't yell that. I think as you get older. I think as you get older, you yell us.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I agree, I mean.
Speaker 4: You really do. It's like I don't have the energy like you know, f off, But I don't want to yell. What about Drew's voice. Let's hear it.
Speaker 13: Let's hear about you crazy? It sounded Drew's voice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's well, let's hear it.
Speaker 13: Let's hear it.
Speaker 4: Go ahead.
Speaker 10: I can't go number two anymore.
Speaker 5: I wonder if Drew listens and hears himself every day on the show.
Speaker 4: Do you think he listens every day. I don't think so. I have no idea.
Speaker 9: Maybe he's deceased a fecal impaction and we just haven't heard from him.
Speaker 4: Now, I'm going to tell you I had a dream that Drew was in I did. I'm hoping he was clothed. Mark, I swear to you this was a dream. Okay, it was in my one of my naps. I had a dream. You and I are roaming around, okay, and it looks like we're in the clouds, were in like heaven, right, And this big voice comes out and says, this is my servant who I approve of and it was Drew and he said, I want these men to suffer because they have made fun of me and made my life miserable. And that was it. I woke up and I thought, Wow, what did that mean? Do you remember when he said he was going to pray against us? That that was you? Didn't he say both of us? He said he was going to pray that we're cursed.
Speaker 7: No, you're still getting it wrong. You're cursed. Okay, Well I'm pretty sure he thanked me, that's what he's.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, he can't. He couldn't stand you either. You're the one that went on his You're the one that ruined his money making thing.
Speaker 7: Do you remember that guy that it used to come in? Fifteen years ago? And he had this invention. Guys, and instead of like putting up an LCD panel on your window to make it look like it's snowing, he wanted this invention. He wanted help to develop it. And what it was was a shaker, oh my god, up on the top of the window and you would have some kind of like confetti in it and then it would vibrate in the little holes.
Speaker 5: The paper would come out and it would look like it was and.
Speaker 4: It looks like it's snowing outside your window.
Speaker 7: I thought it had to be the stupest idea I've ever heard of. I said, you could get a monitor and just put it there and it could make it look like I said.
Speaker 4: What about making it right or make it a closed system? Because this was an open system mark where when you ran out of confetti and it went to the bottom you have, you had to refill it. Yeah.
Speaker 7: So I made so much much fun of it. This guy got so mad at me. It was crazy. Then the same guy, do you remember his other great invention for men, the man bottle, So if you get jealous that your wife is breastfeeding, you would slap this baby on you and the baby would suck on it like a tee.
Speaker 4: No, no, I'm talking about they they made a man. He made one for a man so the man could do it right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what I mean.
Speaker 7: So it was for a man to feed a baby.
Speaker 4: No, for a man to feed himself. That's what I was saying about it too. But that's even weirder. Then he wanted to start a Super Bowl cafe. Oh yes, that's where with the floor would be the.
Speaker 7: No, remember what the Bartop was going to be, well, it.
Speaker 4: Was gonna be the floors were going to be artificial turf, like the one to actually played on the Super Bowl. The actual and I forget from the game would be the flooring. It was not to saw but the turf. And I'm telling you it was so weird, so weird. The inventions. He would always call up about these inventions, and they were the worst inventions in the world. He swore us off and Drew and oh man, he got pissed at us bad. I'm like Drew, he is never called back.
Speaker 13: What about the man he has from Seinfeld? That was gonna be one of the funniest.
Speaker 4: The man's ear I never remember that. No, Anyway, we got more coming up. I got to take a break down. I three oh three seven one three eight two five five go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. Could comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven one help You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Kay, how hey, Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three all three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Let's talk to you about your problems, questions and complaints. John, talk about this. Uh it does have to do with the cars sounds, Go ahead, sir.
Speaker 22: Hey Tom, Hey, hey, no, Well, I did have one comment about sounds that people don't like, and uh one one would be dogs licking their job.
Speaker 4: I hate that.
Speaker 1: It's okay though, right, yeah, it's.
Speaker 22: No cat, definitely not either. But on a serious note, the car question, I'm just curious. I have a twenty twenty three four k and my wife has a twenty twenty three KNA Hyundai, and I've always wondered why their service intervals are different and they have the exact same engine.
Speaker 4: But very interesting, very interesting.
Speaker 18: Yeah yeah, My oil.
Speaker 22: Service change or the infection intervals is at six thousand and hers is at eight. And just I don't get it, because I mean the engines are identical, and I thought they were sister companies and may be the same, but just kind of curious Kevin's thoughts on that.
Speaker 16: Are they calling for the same oil or is there a different viscosity or a different oil like synthetic and semi or anything.
Speaker 22: Honestly, I think I think mine's running a five thirty and hers might be a five twenty.
Speaker 16: Yeah, they keep these different different oils, so different requirements, different intervals. Sure as possible, Okay, because yours is going to be a blend and HER's going to be a synthetic. I bet you that's what the difference is.
Speaker 22: Well, I think they're running both full synthetic, but I could be wrong. Next time we get the service done, I'll check it out and go from there.
Speaker 16: That's what I would look for. But yeah, yeah, but six or eight is great. I'm full synthetic. That works.
Speaker 22: Well, Yeah, it's okay, it sounds good. They also just a quick comment about mister Patrick Jollis from Wave eight. Yes, this guy, this guy is fantastic.
Speaker 4: Tom, Thank you very much. I really appreciate your trust in us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, appreciate that.
Speaker 22: He's one heck of a guy, and I've really enjoyed my conversations with him.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best rufert Well Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hello Tom Martine here three O three seven one three talk seven on three A two five five. It's car day today. We've had a really weird group of topics and people calling, and we've had home problems now as far as as far as sliding windows go. I looked at the video. I can't, for some reason get that video to play. It's always a challenge for me when I bring in that video. There's something I do and I forget how to do it the next time. It's so weird. But in any case, the video shows two videos, one of her, one of the check opening it right, and then she did her own video. Mark explained the videos to.
Speaker 7: Us, Well, it's her opening the window, and man, it talk about a struggle bus. To me, it makes to me, it makes my point that she is a Karen because she makes it look impossible. She tries to move the window from the very bottom. She's using both hands and she's straining like you can't believe.
Speaker 23: Not quite Oscar worthy, but definitely Oscar nominee.
Speaker 7: No, definitely Oscar nominee. Then the guy comes over and just barely touches a window and it goes perfectly both ways.
Speaker 14: Well, he's using one hand to videotape himself opening the window, and it's opening fine. But when the caller is opening the window at the very end of the video, Tom, you see her reach up to the top left corner of the window and unhinge or undo something. Then it works just fine. I don't know why.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's really it's it's really an odd video. I wish you could get it up, that's what she's saying.
Speaker 4: I know, I'm trying to. Yeah, I'll shut up. I'm trying to. And there's always something I have to do to do this, and I just don't seem to get it right. Here yourself up.
Speaker 5: I'm just gonna I'm just gonna behave here.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna try to Oh wait, wait wait, I think I got it. It's up on YouTube. I think it's up there. Let me see, yup. I just got to make it bigger. This is the one where I'm hoping I have it.
Speaker 5: I think kind of a cool you'll see. I'm hoping you can.
Speaker 4: Put it up on YouTube. There it is there.
Speaker 14: It is the tech opening.
Speaker 7: Here's the tech loop that for a second. It's only like ten seconds.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it's fine.
Speaker 7: He's opening one side, then he opens the other side. I mean, you don't see it.
Speaker 4: Stop.
Speaker 7: Then he locks it and it's over. And then here we'll play one more time. He closes it, he opens it, he closes it, he opens it.
Speaker 14: Now play the one from Shanna Tom.
Speaker 5: Now now play hers.
Speaker 23: I think hand placement on this is pretty huge because you don't see his hand on there. So his hand is somewhere in the middle to upper range.
Speaker 5: Where you open up a window.
Speaker 23: When she's doing it, she's like an inch from the bottom of the window.
Speaker 4: I'll do the other one. I'll do the other one, and I'll be.
Speaker 5: Cus on what people think.
Speaker 4: I'll put a poll.
Speaker 5: Up on her YouTube too.
Speaker 14: I just wonder what.
Speaker 4: Now that was the tech opening it.
Speaker 14: Yes, And at the end of her video, she reaches for something at the top left corner.
Speaker 4: Now, this is her doing it.
Speaker 14: It's just that's her.
Speaker 4: No, that's let me do let me do away with. No, I'm going to do away with the other one. No, that's him.
Speaker 14: That's this is shoot her network channel on YouTube listeners if you want to go and look at now.
Speaker 4: Look there she is, there she is. I don't know, it looks pretty hard to me. I don't think she's faking that.
Speaker 5: Well, look where she's trying to open it from.
Speaker 18: And then.
Speaker 14: And then she reaches for the top left corner.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what do you guys say? Do you think Wait.
Speaker 14: Till she reaches for the top left up there and then it closes just fine or something right there she reaches up.
Speaker 4: Okay, hold on, So we're watching this on our live feed, folks. And and really she was complaining about the window, and it does look stubborn to me. I mean, you can even down there.
Speaker 16: Look at the end though, she straightens the window up. Look at the end where she tucks the top and moves it to the windows.
Speaker 4: Wait, a minute. She's got it that windows out of trash.
Speaker 16: She's got it in a bind.
Speaker 23: Right window is how she always trying to close it?
Speaker 16: Now watch, just keep watching. Okay, now she straightened it out, and now it's it's fine. It's very loose in there, isn't it.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I don't know. I you know, without being there, we ought to send Deputy D down there.
Speaker 14: I wanted you guys to talk to her husband.
Speaker 4: Hey, Tom, how about how about I work this case on the phone. Doesn't matter, you didn't hear.
Speaker 7: I could never duplicate that initial reaction. I never seen a poor guy.
Speaker 6: Do we have the opposite of employee of the month here?
Speaker 13: Oh my god, that.
Speaker 4: Was funny, and it was so natural.
Speaker 7: You weren't even trying to be funny.
Speaker 4: Okay anyway, three oh three seven one three seven one three eight two five five. Apparently he didn't want to do that. Someone wants them to go further on that. Someone wants to go further on that cock cockpit smell. What happens if you smell exhaust in your cockpit?
Speaker 1: Well, you've got something leaking in somewhere. I mean, you know, station wagons and pickup trucks, It used to be real common even if you had the back window down just because of draft, you could pull it in or not not really pickup trucks, but SUVs with the hatchbag. Uh, so you can get drafts will come in there if you're not sealed.
Speaker 22: Well.
Speaker 1: Uh, there can be other cases where you can have it exhaustly. They can pump in from someplace else. Carbon monoxide could be very dangerous. So do you do want to get that checked out?
Speaker 4: Okay? Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. So any kind of odors in the cockpit we're saying, really they're abnormal. Yeah, I mean it should be. It should be odor free except if you're driving nevermind. I don't get it. Never mind. Okay, So I was just going to say unless you're driving around with Mark, but I'm not going to do it anyway. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. So listen on the on the idea of this internal filter on a transmission, someone said it automatically is going to get up over the years. Is that correct? And is there a way to change just that filter without overhauling the whole transmission? Jeff or would it be that many miles that you would want to overhaul the transmission anyway?
Speaker 1: Now you just change it when you overhaul it. I mean it's designed to be in there that That's what they intended for. It was for the life of that unit. Once you get enough particular and the filter that it's going to cause problems, you've got other issues.
Speaker 4: Do most transmissions have internal filters?
Speaker 1: Now you mean that you have to disassemble in order to access No.
Speaker 4: In No, it's the ones that you do at overhauled. There were most of them like that.
Speaker 1: Now there's a good portion of them out there, but it certainly wouldn't say most by any stretch of the imagination. You know, the conventional filter that you can change at a service interval is more common than not.
Speaker 4: Do you prefer the ones you can service?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, you know, I mean obviously anytime you can get something to keep particular from moving through. But once again, like I said, hond has been using that design first, you know, since the seventies with great, great success. So there's really not you know, if it's not broke, don't fix it.
Speaker 4: All right, We got more coming up. Genesis, Tootalexteriors, Dot com. They do complete mold detection and remediation as well as construction from everything on the outside of your house to windows to siting, decks, painting, roofing, also mold detection and remediation. Genesis Tootalexteriors dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until your content time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Well, it looks like I'll probably be able to get out of here and go to the AOC Bernie Sanders rally. Hey, Chris, what's going on with you?
Speaker 27: I I actually not mean personal. My wife was involved in a accident on the tenth and she was yes, well, she was backing out of a parking space in a parking lot. Okay, from all the pictures and such that I've taken and all the evidence that I personally gathered, it appears that the u uh see other party involved with speeding through the parking lot that's the parking lot at my wife's work. That downside is.
Speaker 4: Well, did they did they exchange infor? Did they exchange information?
Speaker 10: Chris kind of?
Speaker 27: I actually ended up having to show up myself and get the information out of the other driver because the other driver was being very uh hostile towards my wife.
Speaker 4: Oh, was there any kind of official any kind of official report on this on this accident?
Speaker 27: Did it one more time?
Speaker 4: Was there an official police report or anything on the accident?
Speaker 27: Not until afterwards. We had to file one ourselves online because we waited like five hours and nobody showed up.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's because it's private property.
Speaker 22: Because it was on the private property.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, tell me something. What will prevent someone What will prevent and someone from saying it never happened. If this guy says it never happened, tell me how you would prove it?
Speaker 27: Did my wife?
Speaker 12: It was?
Speaker 27: It was out in front of my wife's work, and so she has coworkers that didn't necessarily see it, but they heard it happen, and they were out there and saw, like saw the damage and and all that.
Speaker 4: I do have fun, But did they see did they see this guy? Did they see the other guy's car? Yes, and they got the license plate number. They can testify that this is the car that hit your wife's car.
Speaker 27: Correct, They didn't. They didn't hit and run. We I did end up getting information out of them, but it wasn't through them directly. I ended up they ended up putting me on the phone with their insurance person to get my information, and I ended up just getting the insurance information.
Speaker 4: All right, where does stand right now? We're running out of time. Where does this stand right now? Chris? It seems like.
Speaker 27: The my insurance company and the and the police officer kind of gave us the blowoff because it was on private property. But they're trying to right that's right between the two parties.
Speaker 4: That's right. That's what they're gonna do. So here's the only thing you here's what you do, Chris. Let me tell you what you do. It's very simple. Your wife, if it's her car or your car, you will sue the other driver in small claims court. You will use the photos you took and you will use the testimony of her employees that they saw it go on, and they saw this guy's car and he's the one that did it, and you're going to get a judgment in small claims court. That's the way you're going to do it. Okay, you're not going to get your insurance. You're not going to get his insurance to pay for it.
Speaker 27: That's kind of what I'm fearing is.
Speaker 4: But once you go after him, he's gonna put in acclaim. But you have to go after him personally.
Speaker 21: Okay.
Speaker 4: Now, you do have witnesses. You do have witnesses.
Speaker 27: They I have witnesses that say it happened. I don't have witnesses that saw it happen. That's the problem.
Speaker 4: I'm asking you. When they went outside, did they see this guy's car at the scene damaged?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Look, Chris, you know what it's like pulling teeth. So if you get this information, you take him to court and you get a judgment. If you can't collaborate the story, he can deny it ever happened. I'm Tom Martine. Hey, Jeff Fick KIMMERA transmission, Thank you very much. Six nine three fourteen hundred Kevin Colkin shared an Auto Tech four five five seventy two forty two. Remember, folks, have a great weekend and save all your problems for me.