Speaker 1: Hello everybody, and welcome to Psychic Teachers.
Speaker 2: I'm your host, Samittha Fay.
Speaker 3: And I'm Good Bowen.
Speaker 1: And today we have a super special, amazing guest coming on our show to talk about the fascinating, magical world of dreams and so much more. Today we're joined by Teresa Chung, whose life story is as fascinating as the subject she writes about. Raised in the family of psychics and traveling spiritualists, Teresa grew up on the road following her mother joy of working clairvoyant as she traveled across the UK given readings that unconventional Bohemian childhood immersed her in the spiritual practices from a very early age. Encouraged to explore her into the abilities, Teresa's earliest memories is attending a spirit meeting organized by her mother in Ann and by just fourteen years old, she was already giving public numerology readings. Teresa took charge of her education, homeschooling herself from the age of sixteen. She went on to graduate from King's College, Cambridge, earning a degree in theology in English. Initially with plans to enter the priesthood, her career path ultimately led her in a different direction, spanning roles in publishing, teaching, and working as a health and fitness instructor, each chapter adding so much depth and perspectives to the wonderful work she does today. Her books include The Encyclopedia of Birthdays, The Dream Dictionary, The Little Book of Intuition, Your Twin Flitting Journey, Angel Babies, and so many more.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the show, Teresa.
Speaker 4: Oh, welcome Samantha and David. It's a real honor to be here. I respect to all the healing work you do. It's lovely to be in your space. Really it is. I feel honored.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thank you. We're not even strong way to begin.
Speaker 4: I'm not either. Funny when you listen to your bio, because I do, obviously, I like you do. I do a lot of interviewing myself and it's really surreal actually to be at the other end of it and you're listening to this bio and think, who is this person?
Speaker 2: Well, you should be impressed. That's an amazing, amazing biology and it's just the tip of the icebery.
Speaker 4: Oh there's so much. Yeah, I like everybody. I found that everybody's story is fascinating, and that's the joy of aging as well. You can look back at all these incarnations of yourself, you know, at different ages and stages, and all the learning you can do. And what I actually a practice I do a lot is to go back mental time travel. To go back and to give some healing to my younger self, my poor misguided younger self who is so trying so hard and making a lot of mistakes along the way, and to have compassion and to sort of parent myself mentally, if you know what I'm trying to say. There, I think the very healing thing to do, to say well, and I have to think now that my future self, who's ten years older than me, will be is here right now and saying it's okay you didn't the interview. You spoke from the heart. I would like to think my future self is always there with an invisible presence, just willing me on.
Speaker 3: What a lovely thing to think of yourself one a continuum like that.
Speaker 4: I do the long self across time. I think that's a very healing perspective. And loved it all versions of yourself with unconditional love, because so many of us we beat ourselves up and we are our own worst enemies, and for some reason, when we step into that observer role, like when you observe your past and you observe your or you think about your future, you go into that observer that meditative role. Studies show, because I do work a lot with neuroscientists and psychologists these day, that when we step outside ourselves and observe ourselves in the third person, rather than thinking ourselves in the first person as we do, for some reason, we're automatically more forgiving and more compassionate. Is not interesting that if it's all in the now, and you know, mindfulness is all about in the now and the first person, that actually we find it harder to be kind to ourselves, and we really do need to be kind to ourselves, because if we can't be kind to ourselves, we can't be kind to other people, I think.
Speaker 3: And that's a hard, hard lesson to learn, is it? Yeah, it really is this. I was reading your materials and listening to you in preparation for this tart today. One of the things that most interests me personally is your work in melding and blending together the psychic the metaphysical aspect of ourselves and the science part of ourselves, and of course when I was aware of your work with the eoetic science, folks my heart, can you talk a little bit about that for us?
Speaker 4: I can. As I said, I was a true believer. I had no choice really about a spiritual path because I was born into it. So I just accepted it. I didn't think I had special abilities myself. I didn't think I was psychic or had mediumistic abilities. But when you're surrounded by people who are so believed that they have, when you go to medianship demonstrations and you see how healing it can be, I kind of like, well, okay, maybe I haven't got those extraordinary gifts. I used to think of it like that, that there are only certain people who had these gifts. I now know that it's within all of us. What we lack is belief in it. But that was a journey you get there. So I was a believer, and as I said, I was blessed and honored to somehow. That's the story in itself. Get a place at King's College, Cambridge at a time where yeah, angels must have helped me there. There's a big story about that. But when I was there, I studied alongside academics, of course, and that's where I was very much on the Christian spiritualist pass. I fully went to the theology to apartment there the Faculty of Divinity. Isn't that wonderful studying at the Faculty of Divinity? Wanting to enter the church to be one of the first female priests, that was my dream. But I then was exposed to all world religions and like many people, became spiritual rather than religious because I realized they're all paths to the same goal. And then I use my academic ability, I guess to spa with skeptics, because you can't go to a place like Cambridge without having your beliefs completely scowered by people who are on the other side of the spectrum and actually learn to respect them as well, because skeptics are truth seekers, they just go about it in a very different way. And then I had the opportunity to write book after book in this areas, but they were all believers books.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: I would start the book with the premise, I believe I can't convince you, but here's what I've experienced. And other people would write to me and I'd put my stories their stories in my book. String it together, and these were my first Sunday Times best sellers, where an Angel called my name, an Angel changed my life. I did about twenty of them. I think that such was the appetite at the time, but I came very much from I believe, and it's a matter of belief. There is no proof, but that doesn't matter. If you believe, that's all that matters. But about ten years ago I wanted to give something more. I had the honor of doing the HarperCollins element Encyclopedia series. I started with Psychic World and eight Z. It was four hundred thousand words of everything psychic, then twenty thousand Dreams, which later became the Dream Dictionary, then Birthdays, which literally became a birthday. They sliced them down into paperbacks, and in that again I kind of acknowledged that there isn't that much science, but it kind of doesn't matter. But I began to think that it did matter. I wanted to think, where is the science? And so I started to do some outreach and the first place that I reached out to was the Institute of Noetic Sciences. And that's where maybe, just maybe my Cambridge academic background helped because I've often wondered what on earth was I doing there, but it did. It kind of was a window into it. Because these are scientists, they work with data and whatever. So maybe if I had approached them saying, look, I'm a medium or I'm a channeler, they may not have entered a dialogue with me. And I remember saying that I want to talk to you. And I did loads of videos and interviews with them, and then I eventually collaborated on a book with doctor Julian Mossbridge, who's now a fellow of the Institute of Noetic Sciences. Dean Raadan wrote the ForWord and that book started me on an incredible journey. It was called the Premonition Code, where you had a neuroscientist and a spiritualist working together and realizing how close we were when it came to dreams and dreams being pre cognitive. Because Julian Mossbridge is one of the world's leading experts in the study of presentiment, which is the body being able to sense the future ahead of time, and her research actually is credited in Dan's brown recent novel, Secret of Secrets. It's one of really, yeah, she's doing so many things now all over the world. Incredible and we still keep in touch. She was actually on my radio show as Samantha was a couple of weeks ago at doctor Julian Mosbridge talking about what she's doing in future forward research. And so this collaboration has just grown and grown. I've now blogged with the Institute of Noetic Sciences, but not just the Institute of Noetic Sciences. I also reach out to other institutions researching afterlife science, channeling mediumship scientifically, and I love working with these scientists because they are first and foremost scientists. They're not doing these studies to prove necessarily psychic abilities exist. They're treating it as data as part of the human experience. And right now where we are at is really exciting in that the overwhelming amount of scientific and psychological research shows that even though we don't understand psychic experiences, they are part of the human condition, and people who don't expec experience them like a dream coming true, or a hunch playing out, or a sense of connection with the other side someone who's departed. Ah in the minority, And there was me all these decades thinking I was writing for a very niche audience I'm actually writing for the mainstream. About ninety percent of people have had an uncanny, unexplained experience. What they lack and the journey of my life I lacked it as well, was true belief in it because I'm always second guessing and putting it down to one of those things that must be a logical explanation all the time. Maybe that's because I did, you know, study at Cambridge, and that's what I was trained to do. But the journey of my life is to actually realize that thing happened, and yes, it's possible. It could be paranormal, could be super normal. That is a very possible explanation. I need to start believing in it more, and I'm still on that journey, but I'm getting there because I do think that self belief is the holy Grail. Having interviewed many many leading psychics and mediums, what I think they have that sets them apart. They have such rock solid belief in their spiritual DNA, in the fact and even if they get a psychic hit wrong, it doesn't matter. They treat it as a learning experience. They explain to me what it's like the Internet. Sometimes it's really strong, other times it's really weak and things get missed and it doesn't phase them. If they do make a prediction or have a sense that doesn't necessarily play out, they see what that happened For a reason, it was to teach me something else about my psychic ability. So I think actually, anyone who's working on their self esteem is actually, without realizing it, a secret psychic. Because when you have self esteem, you start making the right decisions, You start sensing other people what their true intentions are, you start putting up boundaries all this work we talk about in our psychic work. You start recalling your dreams more, and then you know, tapping into your dreams as a source of wisdom and dreams actually have been so good to me, Samantha and deb because although you're right, I write about all aspects of mind, body and soul. I think I've written about one hundred books. There isn't a topic in this field. I probably haven't written some guide to it somewhere down the line these last thirty years. But if for some reason it has been dreams that the media, especially over here in the UK, because I'm in the privileged position these last five years now to be a regular on ITV this morning, where they will open up the phone lines to the nation, have you got a dream for Terresa? And people will phone in with their mad dream, whatever it was, and I will try and help them understand it. But I'm very careful when I do these mainstream things because I do it on BBC Radio a lot here as well, because I know that the mainstream is quite cautious when you start saying there is an afterlife or you are psychic. I'm very careful to be balanced in it. But what they don't realize when they're giving a platform to dreams is they're giving a platform to soul. It is the door for me dream work. It's the door for the mainstream to start understanding that we are psychic beings having a human experience. Everyone who's recorded a dream is psychic. That's their first connection. Because we don't know why we dream. We don't know where we go these incredible stories and experiences. Scientists do not know why we dream. They don't.
Speaker 1: It wasn't told the mid nineteen sixties that they actually started looking at as seriously, which I think is fascinating.
Speaker 2: I want to talk about.
Speaker 1: Sometimes the jilt that comes with precognitive dreams.
Speaker 2: But let's take our first quick break. We'll be right back.
Speaker 3: Hey everybody, it's deb If you want to dive deeply into the magic and mystery of numbers, June is the time. I'm so excited to be working with Sarah Renee in our Sacred Summer series. The second of this four course series is entitled Sacred Numbers Aligning to Earthly Patterns. This course runs three consecutive Tuesdays in June, and registration information and course details are on my website, Deb Bowen dot com click the interactive courses tab. As always, there is an afternoon and an evening section. Sign up today and become a part of a growing community of exploration. Again. There are details at Deb Bowen dot com. Thanks so much, everybody.
Speaker 2: Welcome back, Tonisa.
Speaker 6: I want to ask you.
Speaker 1: We get a lot of emails from listeners who say I have so many precognitive dreams.
Speaker 2: I'm called the.
Speaker 5: Grim Reaper in my family because I can dream of someone before they die.
Speaker 2: So my question is two parts.
Speaker 1: Why do you think so many preconditive dreams are negative.
Speaker 2: In nature on the outset?
Speaker 1: And why do we have them if we can't really do a lot about them? Which often leads to guilt.
Speaker 4: Well, first of all, every dream we have, in my opinion, because I've done a lot of dream research, I started with them being psychological and about self awareness and about understanding yourself better. I now have moved to the position which many dream researchers are now moving towards, actually that every dream has a precognitive element. Every dream is showing you a potential future mindset or situation that you're going to encounter. If people could approach it that way, I think that they the fear of it would go because what I'm saying is potential. Because dreams, they are a mirror of your current mindset. They show you symbolically how you are feeling about your life right now, your relationships, what's going on in your life, your relationship with yourself. They give you a symbolic snapshot. Why is this precognitive? It's because obviously your unconscious beliefs about yourself are what you tend to attract. And that's why we have this very common experience of dejas reve when you have a dream and a couple of days later it plays out. Now to go to your question about why are so many dreams? Anxiety ridden, and what to do if you think you have a dream that's going to predict something awful. Well, first of all, why the anxiety ridden?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 4: Sadly, many of us have a very tortured relationship with ourselves. It is again the journey of our lives to understand ourselves, both our shadow and our light, and fall in love with that complexity and have understanding and compassion and enter into a dialogue with it. Most of us, when we have toxic impulses, we bury it or deny it, and that's where the problem comes, and that's where it surfaces in night, because that part of ourselves wants to be noticed most of the time. It just wants you to know that it's there, and it wants you wants to be understood because often toxic impulses and negative thoughts formed to protect us at a time in our life when we are very vulnerable, and we need to say, look, I understand you had good intentions that you're trying to protect me, but I don't need that anymore. I'm becoming more self aware. Thank you for the work you've done. If you can do that to negative thoughts that you have, they are a form of protection You can see it that way, they will fade away. And I would love more people to wake up with happy dreams. It breaks my heart, like you, the majority of my email inbox or my messaging inbox, ninety five percent of those dreams are anxiety ones, and I think that is a common theme across the globe. I want more people to write to me about dreams, about dancing and singing, celebrating. We would like bed too, because if you can dream it, because the waking the mind doesn't know the difference between the dreaming state and the waking state. If you can incubate a dream where you see yourself happy, where you see yourself succeeding, where you see yourself fulfilled and doing extraordinary, wild and wonderful things, I'm telling you you are so close to manifesting it in your waking life because the fact that you can dream it means that your mind thinks you're capable of it, right if it experienced it in the dream state. It is the most neglected manifesting tool dream work. Disney got it right. If you can dream it when you're asleep, your chances of doing it in waking life are so dramatically escalate because think about it, your mind believes it can happen, so it creates this scenario for you at night. We all know that perception creates reality. But the trouble is most of us, it's our conscious perception that the stories we tell ourselves, what we don't really know is are unconscious what deep down our beliefs are. Again, that's why dream work is so powerful, because it shines a night light on what we truly believe underneath those myths we tell ourselves. I mean, you can do all the affirmations you want in the world, I am enough, I'm beautiful. But if you don't deep down truly believe it or understand why you don't believe it, it's not going to work. It's a band aid. Dream work will show you exactly where you are, with brutal honesty, your relationship with yourself, and what it is attracting or repelling in your life, and that's why it's so powerful. Dreams do not lie. So dream work is actually for me. It should be the start of all personal growth and spiritual work, because until you can get that unconscious core more harmonious, everything you do on the outside is going to be is not going to be as rewarding it as it could be. But if you do have a lot of dreams which play out, first of all, it is a cause for celebration. It's again showing that we are all psychic beings having a human experience. This is so common, it's extraordinarily common. What I want to say is that what so many people have this experience. They have a dream and elements of that dream play out. Wow wow Wow, celebrate this. Do not be afraid of it. If there's nothing you can have done to prevent something. You know, if you do have a dream, say well you see a friend or a loved one in a compromising or traumatic position. There's no harm in telling them that. But then is that person's journey. None of us are responsible for the personal and psychic journey of anyone else, just contrary to what we may think. Maybe children are vulnerable, adults it's slightly different. But most people it's their part. You can share it with people if you've had a dream, and actually I've had people sometimes telling me they've dreamt about me. It's really powerful. When someone messages to you about that, think, wow, I figured in their unconscious it's really Most people will not react negatively when you say that, and it might actually encourage them to exercise more caution, or you might have picked up on something that they're not telling you about and it will be an opportunity for them to open up. So always, if you feel comfortable and safe to do so comfortable and safe to do so. I cannot underline that enough. Do share your dream stories. But also the most important thing you can do for yourself and others is to keep a dream journal, because the only way to prove that you are a precognitive being definitively is to have a record. Again, working with scientists, I have learned they don't want after the events narratives. Well I thought that or I dreamt that. They say, where's the proof? You need proof with a time stamp, you know, if it's easier to speak into a microphone, that is a amazing and then send it to places like the Institute of Noetic Sciences. This is what they're studying. But it's no good saying it it happened. Start becoming a psychic detective, a citizen scientist, and write down your dreams and use the most important tool for dream work, which many dream therapists actually neglect, which is hindsight. We're all so future forward thinking, which is a good thing. But with dream work, the only way to know what your triggers are in your dreams or where there's a precognitive hit is to go back and look, say usually two or three days before, because that tends to be from the research I did with Julia, it's usually within two or three days the elements of it can play out. Don't be disappointed if some of the elements are trivial, like, for example, you dream about a color and then someone important in your life is dressed top to toe in that color.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: You say, all's the point of that? That's not changing anything? Well, the point is it wants you. It's it's showing you what it's capable of if you believe in it. It's saying, look, this is just the prelude to what I really can do. If you start practicing some meditation, listening more to psychic teachers with Samantha and deb opening your mind and your heart to this kind of material, that's what it's doing. It's also saying, look, the moment you recognize a symbol from your dream in your waking life is a power point, stop something about the decisions you're about to make emotionally or mentally, or with your actions or your words might need course correcting. This is a PowerPoint where you're going now. The path you take right now is very important. Just pause and reflect because the overwhelming majority of dreams they want you to do what many of us don't do enough these days, which is to reflect on what we're about to do next and if it's the right thing. So if you do recognize a symbol or a person, or a sound or a feeling, often it's a feeling from a dream a few nights before, Please that's your meditation moment. Take some time to go within and think about what's swirling within you and what it is attracting. Is it what you want or is it what you don't want? Because the trouble is, most of us spend all our time thinking about what we don't want to happen in our lives, and then we wonder why it happens. It's because that's all we're thinking about. I don't want to be poor, I don't want to be lonely, I don't want to be unloved. If that's what you keep thinking about, expect more of it to arrive because we are energetic beings. Start thinking, I am loved, I'm never alone because my future and past self are always around. Never alone.
Speaker 2: I am enough.
Speaker 4: I don't need externals to fulfill me. Start consciously correcting those thoughts of lack to thoughts of fullness, and watch your life change. And do it. First thing in the morning. First thing in the morning is so powerful. Let those dreams bubble to the surface, however weird and wonderful. Write them down and see that as a sign that you've got within you all the wisdom you need. You just need to start understanding it and decoding it. Sorry, I do rab it on.
Speaker 2: I really don't know. It's great.
Speaker 1: We're going to take our last break. We'll come right back and let dev ask.
Speaker 2: A question and they want to touch on dream incubation.
Speaker 1: Stay with us.
Speaker 6: Hey, everyone, I am so excited to share that I'll be teaching with the eggar Casey Aar at the Wild Acres Retreat Center in Little Switzerland, North Carolina this summer. Nestled in the mountains, it's a beautiful wooded enclave perfect for spiritual studies, rest and rejuvenation from August twentieth to the twenty third. I'll be teaching about working with the chakras to open enclosure intuitive channels, how to overcome doubts and fears and tune into your energy field, and how to discern between ego and true intuitive nudges. There'll be lots of in person intuitive exercises, partner work, and so much more. To check it out, go to Edgarcasey dot org and click the Upcoming Events tab. I'll post a link on our Psychic Teachers Facebook page two. And if you're enjoying this episode on dreams, I'd love for you to check out my book on the Magical Power of Our Dreams. When you order from my website, you get a personally signed copy of the book, fund stickers, a bookmark, and a free crystal. Check it all out at Samantha Fay dot com.
Speaker 3: So I have a question because you mentioned the unconscious a minute ago, and I have training in YOUNGI in work and working with archetypes and symbols. Of course, I know you've written about that. How do you when you are working with someone for whom symbology might be a difficult process and a dream interpretation for themselves what do you do to help them think symbolically? How do you work with that?
Speaker 2: From two things.
Speaker 4: First of all, I tell them to stop worrying about understanding their dreams and just celebrate the glorious madness. I always say to people who want to work with me on dreams before I see you, I want twenty of your dreams. Just fall in love with dreaming, and don't try to search for answers all the time, because dreams are about the questions, because we learn so much more from questions than we do from answers. Answers shut up, brains down, questions open them up. And dreams are an infinite question. So just start getting into the habit of dream recall and writing them down, and then just enjoy them. Stop trying to strain over the meeting or think why did I dream of that mad reindeer? Or why was a flower talking to me?
Speaker 2: Stop?
Speaker 4: Just stop pushing and prodding and get at least twenty and then come to me and we'll have a great conversation where we use hindsight again, and we'll go through and we'll start asking those questions which happens in counseling anyway. I mean, people don't realize that we come with this inner therapist in a counselor, because the whole point of a counselor will say, well, how do you feel about that? Or how do you feel about that? That's what your dreams are doing for you, for free and much cheaper. So that's the first thing. And then the second thing is I ask them to tell me what their favorite poem is, any poem, and if they're not into poetry, I offer them a few poems, you know, immortal ones that have stood the test of time for a reason. And then I start teaching them, because I used to do a lot of literature teaching as well, the basics of poetry analysis and how when you first read a poem, it's terrifying, it doesn't make sense, and you think, what's the point of poetry? And it's actually interesting because people who say what's the point of dreaming? Often hate poetry. And then I teach them how amazing poetry is. I teach them about how symbols work in a poem and how the poet is using this metaphor to point to something deeper. It's all about going deeper and deeper. I talk about pathetic fallacy, and things like movies as well, because movies are poetry. Often when a character is having an emotional breakdown, there's always a storm outside. But it's that's pathetic fallacy, again a known literary technique. I introduce them to the works of Shakespeare, rich In, all these powerful archetypes and symbols. That's how I go about it, to get them to fall in love with art, poetry, literature, and to understand that your dreaming mind is a frustrated artist, poet and visionary and every night it's sending you a masterpiece all about you, a movie about you, a poem dedicated for you. I try to tell them that dreams don't happen to them, dreams are created by them. You don't realize people think dreams just happen, they descend. They don't. They are created by you. They're for you, and they're all about amazing you. And let's all start creating masterpieces in our sleep. That's how I go about it. I go about it in a kind of a windy way.
Speaker 3: That's interesting. Thank you for that. It's very helpful.
Speaker 4: When I did one of my first interviews with the BBC, they called it the Night poet, and if you actually write down a dream and think of it as a poem, and we know all no poems don't mean what they say on the surface. The whole point of a poem, and a great work of art, for example, work of art like the Mona Lisa or that silent scream. When you look at a timeless work of art, every time you look of it, you get another meaning. And the same with music as well. Music is similar to dreaming. It speaks through emotion and the associations it triggers in the listener. And there's why there's some songs that, no matter how many times you listen to them, every time, they give you goosebumps, and they give you connections and associations that you didn't have before. And why at various ages in your life you can return to a great song or a great work of literature and read it with different eyes and a different heart and get new associations. Your dreams are like that every single night. And that's why if you do keep a dream dictionary, go back to the dreams you had this time last year. It can be fascinating. Have your dreams got stuck in a kind of groundhog night? That they're constantly the same, or are your dream symbols getting richer and more varied. Pay attention to that. You want your symbols to evolve as much as you're waking lives evolves with new and rich scenarios. It breaks my heart when people come to me and they're dreaming about, you know, the same traffic jam that they're in, or they're stuck. And a lot of people stuck in their cars in dreams. It's fascinating. There was one phone in I did were literally eight out of ten callers they were in their cars and their cars were not working or starting, or they were being diverted. And I'm saying, oh my god, in your dream state, you can go anywhere, you can be anything. Why are you choosing, because yes, you are choosing to be stuck in your.
Speaker 2: Car, not going anywhere in your dreams.
Speaker 1: Come on, Well, that's when a third party observer.
Speaker 5: You were talking about the giving of our talk is so so important. Yeah, talked about how we can use the dreams to help our subconscious manifest The recent studies and dream incubation have been really intriguing to me, and it's almost as though you can do these exercises to program yourself to have a certain dream.
Speaker 2: Can you tell.
Speaker 1: People how to do that, or what your experiences with it, what.
Speaker 4: It starts during the day. Actually, listening to this episode will encourage people to remember their dreams because what you focus on in the day, even if you don't realize it, or what you'll unconsciously pick up on, is what's going to show up at night. Because if you think that so many things that you experience in the day, why do certain things manifest in your dream? So listening to this means that for the length of this episode, people have most of the time been thinking about their dreams through our conversation. That's very powerful because it may well show up tomorrow morning in dream recall because you've been there during the day. So what you're doing the day is very important. During the day, As I said, read a poem, practice that dream state. Maybe do a bit of video gaming. I know that's controversial, but when you immerse yourself in a non harmful, violent video game, you are kind of practicing the dream state. There is a big correlation actually to people who are video gamers and lucid dreaming, and many lucid dreaming studies are done on gamers because you're activating that part of your brain. So do a little bit of gaming, read a novel, and admire art, listen to music you love. Do all these things during the day. Meditate if that's what you want to do. Do all these things that unlock the intuitive and creative parts of your brain.
Speaker 2: So during the.
Speaker 4: Day, start thinking about the exciting dreams you're going to have, you know, start incubating really from the morning onwards. It's not just something you do in the two minutes before you go to sleep, although that's the optimum time because your brain's very impressionable throughout the day. And also start looking at your waking life as if it was a dream. You know, you bumped into someone, If that happened in the dream, what would it mean. That's a really exciting way to live, showing that the dreaming state and the waking state they are one. You're just in a different state of consciousness. People think they switch off when they fall asleep. They don't. You're still you. You're just in a different state of consciousness. Sorry to break it to everyone, but you are you twenty four seven. There's no break from you, right, So you may as well, enjoy it and stuff. Then when you go to sleep at night, as I said, before you go to sleep, calm down, do stay away from them screens. If you can look at some oracle cards or artwork, Listen to some music, you know, some gentle conversation, read a novel and drift off with that. And before you when you put your head on the pillow at night, do make sure your dream journal is somewhere visual. Actually when by the bedside, because that's a visual queue. Because your brain is in that glorious theta state which children are often in, which is very impressionable. What you tell your brain in that seta state when it's relaxed, you know, semi relaxed, is so powerful. It forms neural pathways. So just before you go to sleep, start saying I'm going to have a dream and it's going to be fun, and when I wake up, I'm going to recall it. That's the best way to incubate a dream. But also when you wake up in the morning, what you do is very important. Stay still for a minute. Most people when they wake up, they immediately fidget and move, and any kind of movement even blinking and opening your eyes will redirect the brain to the conscious state, and in the conscious state, linear time takes over your ego, logic, and reason, and they are the mortal enemies really of intuition and creativity. They're too powerful, they block it out. So you need to just stay in that twilight zone, in the position that you woke up in for a minute or two and see what memories surface. If no memory surface, please don't get angry. Poor dream recall happens to us all for a variety of reasons. That's the whole other episode. I can explain why. And also if you're on certain medication that can sometimes limit it. But if no memory comes, think about how you feel, because that will have formed the backdrop of the dream. Because the language of dreams is first of all symbols, metaphors, but also emotion. So we all wake up slightly different each morning, and that will be because of a vision we've had in a dream. So in your journal, right, I feel, and then just write down how you feel. And as you write down how you feel, you'll be surprised memories will surface. And also during the morning you may find that suddenly a dream memory pops in. But if it doesn't, that's fine, and don't underestimate the power also of the day dreaming state, especially when you take a shower. Use that as an opportunity because it's an ideal time. Actually, it's a very meditative thing when you shower or wash because your conscious mind is very busy with all the things you need to do, washing and all that routine you have, so it's distracted. It's out of the way, allowing your intuition and creativity surface because they they're quietening their conscious mind with an activity that's kind of routine and familiar, keeping it busy. So I hope that answers your question is really just actually shifting your perspective about dreaming and from their nonsense. They're random, they don't make sense to well, perhaps they're not nonsense. Perhaps they're not random, and perhaps there is method in the madness, because trust me, there is. I've dedicated my life to researching this. Dreams can change and heal and inspire lives. And for proof of that, just go and read about Albert Einstein, who relied on both dreams and music for the theories like the theory of relativity, which changed the world. He would not have been able to come up with those world changing scenarios without vivid dreams pointing him in the right direction, because in the dream state, logic and reason have gone, so you can make associations between areas of life that you wouldn't normally connect because logic would jump in and say no way. But in the dream state it's like, yes, every way, anything's possible.
Speaker 1: Tell us a little bit about your most recent book, twin Flames, and tell us about.
Speaker 2: The book you have coming out in the fall.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's very very kind. Well, my most recent book is your twin Flame Journey, because so many people have misunderstandings about their intimate relationships and this concept of a soulmate or twin flame, and I distinguish between what a soulmate is and what a twin flame is and deb I'm really glad that you're very Youngian because my twin Flame Journey is all about integration and how the twin Flame Journey really is about a return home to yourself. It's not necessarily a person. A person can ignite that, but the most important relationship you ever have, despite what the movies tell us, is the one with yourself, full truly, madly and deeply in love with that idea, and everything takes care of itself. But I unpitcarmic relationships, the idea of soulmates, and I often equate the idea of a soulmate.
Speaker 3: To a harbor.
Speaker 4: A ship loves to go to a harbor to refuel and for a sense of home and refuge. But your twin flame is the ocean, and a ship is built for the ocean. It's calling you out to the ocean all the time. That's the metaphor I use for the book, a ship being us, you know, a metaphor for who we are. We are meant to go out to the ocean. We're not meant to sit in a harbor. And soulmates are these harbors that we have in our lives. So I really enjoyed writing that, and it was interesting the reaction because immediately people saying it's a cult because of these Netflix Amazon documentaries about it, and why are you talking about that, you know you should be talking about dreams and angels, and I said, I wanted to actually normalize it and show that it is the journey of our lives. It's the journey to self love and self belief. That's the twin flame journey, and sometimes you can meet someone who ignites that, and sometimes you can that person, you can meet them for five minutes or a lifetime. But it's someone that's before and afterwards that you rethink everything you thought you knew about life. That is your twin flame. It's someone who ignites this passion for psychic and spiritual awakening. And sometimes it can be a podcast, you know, like the Psychic Teachers podcast, that can be the twin flame for some people. It awakens something. We have to get rid of the idea that it's necessarily a romantic relationship. It could be all forms of relationships, even virtual ones sometimes, and I know again that's controversial, but that was my take on it. I also I wrote a novel recently as well, called Nightbourne, which is again very Youngian, about a psychology professor who suddenly wakes up one day and everybody's dreaming about her and she has to find out why and it goes on a wild and wonderful adventure. And the reason I wrote that is that my daughter loves fiction. She's always reading romantic fantasies but will never read nonfiction. And there's so many people like that today. They're not some people are not drawn to nonfiction books, which makes me sad, so I wanted to try. And so when you read Nightborne, you actually get a crash course in dream decoding while being hopefully fully engaged in a story that not only changes the life of the main character but the world.
Speaker 3: It's a very ambitious story. I loved it.
Speaker 4: I love the freedom actually of being able to do that and to bring dream decoding and then coming up again. I'm a very prolific author. I feel very blessed. I have in October this year a book called Extreme Dreaming, which is the theme that we started off actually this episode about why are so many people having bad dreams or thinking of their dreams as bad? And it covers nightmares obviously shadow dreaming, but also those unwonted thoughts that suddenly jump into our lives during the day. Why that happens, you know, negative thoughts that come out of nowhere, destructive thoughts, and again to try and normalize it and show that they are all healing and potentially transformative gifts if you just shine the light of awareness on them. And I hope that book Extreme Dreaming will help a lot of people come to terms with bad dreams and actually not get frustrated or anxious about them, but actually when they have them, to think, this is exciting because it's pointing me somewhere. It's showing me something that I need to say, do, feel, or think in coming days. It's giving me an opportunity to really transform.
Speaker 1: You have to come back in the fall and talk about bad Thank.
Speaker 3: You absolutely love your point about the how valuable fiction can be in this work that you're absolutely right about that.
Speaker 4: It's millions and millions of people read fiction. You could say it's a form of escapism, but in some ways it's fiction. Really is dreaming with your eyes open. And so if you think of it like that, because and also there's a study, isn't there that people who read fiction tend to be more empathetic, very and kinder because when you read fiction, what happens is you kind of lose yourself. You emphasize with the characters. You also meditate without realizing it, because when you're reading it, you are seeing these characters. That's why we're so disappointed sometimes when a book we love goes to the screen and it's not what we imagined. But when we're reading, we're doing that we are activating those parts of our brains much more so than we I mean, movies have their place as well, but they're a bit more passive because a director has a vision that they're giving us. We have to do less work. Reading is so powerful and it's so important for young people as well to fall in love with reading, because when you're reading, you're actually being an intuitive, you are channeling, you're psychic. You're not realizing. It's a very powerful, powerful tool and I want I mean, Nightbourne will not win any literary awards. I know that I'm firmly a nonfiction writer, but it was something I wanted to tick off my buckets at this to say, look, I've done that, and it was interesting. The reaction of my publishers when I said I wanted to write it was a hard note. I had to do it myself. But often in life, when you try and break out of the expectations that people have on you of who you are, you will notice that people don't like it. And that's the same with spiritual growth. When you start awakening to your own inner power, you will find it's a form of quality control that people in the relationship. Quality control that people who people sometimes have a vested interest in you being a certain way, and they're not going to like it when you change. But you must change because we're here to constantly involve into high and higher versions of yourself. And the people who are meant to resonate on your level, you will find them. You will find your tribe, you will and those that don't accept this version of yourself that you're evolving into, they were never meant to be in your life. And well, maybe there was a time and a place.
Speaker 3: I call it breaking out of the box. Somebody has put me in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, people want to put you in your body, and I was firmly put into the angel lady box. I just write angel stories, then the dream decoding box. But you know, that's one of the joys about getting older. You really stop worrying about fulfilling the expectations of others and you start doing things because it's your passion and it's true to who you are, and that matters far more. Obviously, it's nice to get the great sales and to get everybody on board, but actually knowing that you did what was true to you, that's the best and greatest reward. Actually, now I cannot anymore do things that I don't feel authentic about you when you're younger because you're still role playing, aren't you. It's your persona is so important and what you're constructing. But as you get older, one of the benefits is you are so you step more and more into your authentic que It's wildly liberating because you realize that the applause of the world is fickle. You're a read blown in the wind if you're constantly chasing that and for example social media, for example, you can do a wonderful post from something like something deeply profound from the Dai Lama, there's you know, two likes, and then you can post about a psychic goldfish hundreds of thousand like you really trying to chase the approval of people. Actually, at the end of the day, everybody's going to have a different opinion and want something out of you that's different. You need to know what is right for you and to follow that path.
Speaker 1: I love that message and I just love listening to you.
Speaker 2: I have loved your work forever. I wanted to ask you so. I love all your angel stories. We get a lot of questions, some of it.
Speaker 1: Popular shows are on spirit babies, children that communicate with their parents before they come to earth. An angel baby's tunches on that quite a lot. Do you have other books that focus on that with dreams in particular dreams dreams.
Speaker 4: Of unborn children. Yes, I had that myself actually with my son, years before I met my husband. I had this dream of a little boy helping me up the mountain. I mean, how symbolic was that. And he was Asian, and you know, I'd never seen him before, and I now recognized that was my son. It's the same look in the same in his eyes. And it's wonderful that he was helping me up a mountain because my son actually took my angel message a little too literally. I was always saying, well, grow your own wings. Well, he's now a fully qualified professional pilot flying. Every time I look at a plane now, you know, these big commercial jets, I think of him. I never thought that growing your own wings the message would be taken.
Speaker 3: Quite so literally.
Speaker 4: He's up there in the skies.
Speaker 1: Well, and thank you so So we're going to put some of your books in the show notes and linked to your website so people can find all of them.
Speaker 3: Do one more thing for a story, soa please as we close out, tell folks the best ways to contact you.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you.
Speaker 4: As I said, I'm very prolific. Just type in my name Teresa Chung online and you will find me. But I have a website Teresa Chun dot com and an Instagram handle at the Teresa Chung Perfect.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Thank you so much for being with us. What a pleasure to meet you. Thank you for the work you do.
Speaker 4: Thank you likewise Gito as I should say from the movie Ghost.
Speaker 1: And thank you everyone so much for listening. We hope you have a wonderful, magical week filled with tons and tons of dreams that you fully recall. Remember as always to be the.
Speaker 2: Light for yourself and others.
Speaker 3: Take care everyone.
Speaker 6: Thank you for listening to Psychic Teachers, your podcast for seekers, light workers, mystics, and magical thinkers. If you like the show, please tell a friend or leave us a review Wherever you listen to your podcast. For more information, check out our Facebook page Psychic Teachers, or our websites Samantha Fay dot com and Debbowen dot com. Thanks for listening and have a great week.