Speaker 1: Now your host walking you up to first pitch. It's Tim kas.
Speaker 2: Hi everybody, and we'll welcome in to Morongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck. I hope you're enjoying your Tuesday afternoon. You're a world champion Los Angeles Dodgers. Sitting at nine and three on the season after an eight no start, The Dodgers have hit a little speed pump, having lost three other lives four this afternoon, though, they look to get back on track in Washington, DC as they take on the Nationals. Justin Robleski, the left hander on the mountain for the Dodgers. First pitch coming up at three forty five. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. You're gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. You're gonna hear from Andrew Freeman as he sits down with David vasse DV will join us throughout the show. We'll dive deeper into this pitch he matchup. David Vassay, as we mentioned, will join us with the magical moment. Shortly we'll visit with Kirsten Watson live on the field in Washington, DC. We got your prize picks double play of they in just a few minutes. We'll send it out to Tim neverdey Rick Monday at the Galpin Motors Broadcast booth. Well, yesterday, Dustin May got the start, pitched really well, Unfortunately didn't get any help. Early in the second the Dodgers with a pair of airs from Mookie Betts and Miguel Rojas that led to two runs coming across for the Washington Nationals and they took the early two to nothing lead. The Dodgers zo were able to tie it in the third Chris Taylor single with two outs that turned the lineup over for sho hey Otani, who hit a home run to right field three hundred and seventy eight feet out, his fourth of the season, that tied the game at two. But the tide did not last long. At the bottom of the third, Dustin May gave up an RBI single that gave the Nationals the three to two lead. In the seventh, the Dodgers bullpen would get tagged for.
Speaker 3: A couple of runs.
Speaker 2: Anthony Bonda he gave up a couple, Matt sur a couple as the Nationals would take a sixth to lead. Going to the eighth innywhere the Dodgers offense finally warmed up. In refrigid Washington, DC, Mookie Betts got it going.
Speaker 4: Twenty two thousand and five hundred and forty six on hand tonight the Nationals Park, Game one, on this three game set, two to one pitch, Betts banks it in the center. That's a basic Confordo will turn third, he will score and bits with an RBI basin and it's six to three.
Speaker 2: The comeback kids making the comeback in the eighth inning, down six to two, making six to three on the Mookie Bets RBI single, and they still weren't done up.
Speaker 3: Came Will Smith.
Speaker 4: Now he throws and Smith hits it in the air to center field. That's a base hit. Bets will score. Edmund holds it second and on a two to two pitch, Will Smith fought off a splitter, dropped it into the center field. It is now six to four and the time run is on base.
Speaker 2: Will Smith with the RBI single, But the Dodgers threat would end as they could not push across any more runs they had runners on base. They end up losing six to four to the Washington Nationals, yet another game in which the Dodgers fell behind early tied, it fell behind again, but the comeback comes up short. Dustin May gets tagged with the loss despite six innings, three runs, only one of which was earned, three hits, a strikeout, eighty six pitches. McKenzie gore gets the win. He went six solids, striking out seven along the way. Dodgers fall to nine and three. They've now lost three of four on this East Coast road trip, but they look to turn things around this afternoon with Justin Robleski, the left tender, getting the start.
Speaker 3: With more we head out to the.
Speaker 2: Galloping Motors broadcast booth as we welcome in Tip Neffert and Rick Monday.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 4: Thanks, Tim. Sun's out this afternoon here in Washington, d C. But the temperatures are down, so the sun's up, temperatures down, and it is pretty windy down there on the field as the Dodgers will take on the Washington Nationals in Game two. There's three games series. Dodgers have lost two of the last three, three of the last four, and there are now nine and three on the season. As Justin Robleski will be activated today and the left Hander will pitch against Brad Lord and what will turn out to be a bullpen game for the Nationals. The national will start the day at four and six and Mo it is really breezy. It doesn't look at from up here in our elevated perch, but you're down on the field, it is cold. It is very windy, and that can make for some tough condition.
Speaker 5: You know, Tim, just thinking about the win, I'm not certain that even down in the field, the players will know exactly which way to compensate for balls they're hitting in the air. Here's the reason I say that this stadium is located well below street level, as we can look out in left field and we can actually see the street level as people are coming in. The other part too, is all the buildings around. Plus you have the stands. I'm not certain the areas that there may or may not be wind tunnels, which areas are going to be blowing in one direction versus the other. If we look at the flags atop the scoreboard in right center field, it shows that the winds coming in from the left field corner really towards the second base bag. What is doing on the field.
Speaker 4: Good luck, guys, and as a player, as the night goes on and the temperature drops this time of the year, this part of the country, how do you handle that as a player when you're in the dugout, and how do you not stiffing them?
Speaker 5: What I did notice is it some of the players even in last night's ball game, when they came into the dugout, I mean, they were putting jackets on. The Other part too, is there's some heaters down there. What were they putting in front of some of the heaters their gloves to try and keep them a little bit warm. On top of it, and quite frankly, the Dodgers' gloves need to warm up because they had not really been spectacular in this road track.
Speaker 4: Oh, a tough night last night. Errors by Mookie Batsan Miguel Rojas led to two runs and the Dodgers would lose that ballgame by two runs, six to four. So it's a night time to get back on the winning track. And they'll try to do it with Andy Paiez back in the lineup. He'll hit eighth, Austin Barnes will do the catch up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, here's something else we'll talk about during the ball game. I refer a lot to runners in scoring opportunities because the chance to do some scoring. Well. On this road trip, the Dodgers have had a total and in the four games they're totally just fifteen at bats with runners in scoring position. The opposing teams have had thirty two different opportunities. If you weigh those opportunities, you would say, well, the opposing team has a better edge. Well, the Dodgers are one and three on this road trip, so that's exactly how it's stacked up to this point.
Speaker 4: Nationals have a bit of an edge right now. They've won three straight. They won two in a row by a run each against the Arizona Diamondbacks before the Dodgers came in. So the Nationals two games under five hundred after a one and six start, they're four and six. So justin Robleski making his twenty twenty five debut, Brad Lord will get the start out of the bullpen. Basically, the twenty five year old out of Tallahassee, Florida will get the nod on on the hill for the Washington Nationals. Nationals Dodgers Game two coming up from windy and cold Washington, DC.
Speaker 6: Too.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you guys, As we cut you down the first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game Dave meal On at Shakey's Pizza Parlor or are your Shaky's Pizza Chicken Emojo's right now.
Speaker 3: At shakeys dot Com.
Speaker 2: We're off and running here on Marongco Casino, Dodgers on Deck coming up. If you're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts, we'll check in with David Vassay.
Speaker 3: He'll go one on one with Andrew Freeman.
Speaker 2: Get a state of the Union from the Dodgers President of Baseball Operations up next, So youre Tani re Ryan and we'll visit with Kirston Watson. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Nationals on this Tuesday, first pitch at three forty five.
Speaker 3: Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kass, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: It is Loronzo Casino, Dodgers on Dodgers on Deck, y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Nationals. Game two of this three game set from Washington, d C. Justin Robleski and Brad Lord. The pitching match up first pitch set for three forty five.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani.
Speaker 7: Rewide show.
Speaker 4: Hey did not homer in the Philly series, so you got to figure somebody here in DC is gonna pay for it this week. Now a two old pitch, Otani swings hammers it deep to right. This one's heading.
Speaker 1: Back to the wall.
Speaker 4: It has gone a home run, and Otani ties the game with his fourth home run of the season.
Speaker 5: A lot of pitchers think, he look, we can pitch him inside. Oh if you miss, might want to put cotton in your ears.
Speaker 4: O two swung on a hit of the year to center in deep, going back on it is Dylan Cruiz.
Speaker 7: He's at the track, he's at the wall. He leaps, it's.
Speaker 4: Off the top of the wall. Otani already around second base. He's on his way to third with a stand up triple. Oh Otani, he's blusting it out of the batter's box and he is at third and now was a double away from the cycle.
Speaker 2: What a day for show Hey Otani. Unfortunately the Dodgers lose six to four, but show hey, three for four, a single, a triple, a home run is fourth of the year. Show Hey, a double away yesterday from the cycle.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Wasson.
Speaker 3: Hey, Kirsten joins us from Nationals Park.
Speaker 2: Brought to you by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate your old car? Call eight seven seven Cars for Kids right now, friendly agent standing by to take your donation.
Speaker 3: That's Cars with the K to donate.
Speaker 2: Your car today today in our nation's capital. It is Wendy Hereson, isn't it.
Speaker 8: It is so cold, Tim, I mean, look at here are what sixteen to sixteen miles p hour just wins normal. Then you've got thirty miles pour gusts that are coming through. And talking to Gil Rojas earlier, the guys are hitting off with velocity. They we're seeing just the ball is a moving coming out of the picture's hand. So obviously most of just already have their own type of moment. Add the win to that, you definitely have to keep an eye on that. Offensively, and talking to my from Florida and he was saying, it's more you just have to stay on your toes and stay ready because that any point, adductive win or the ball could just change direction. So that's the biggest thing for them. It did say you could try to use the win to your advantage. But how is blowing out It's more towards like right field right now. If it was blowing towards more back like towards the boutfield, then you could be in a better position. But it did say they don't think it'll be too intimate advantage in that sense of just putting the ball in the air, letting it kind of go with the wings.
Speaker 2: Well, one guy hoping to win helps him out tonight is Justin Robleski, who gets to start.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he sure is, And Dave Roberts was saying for Justin he obviously last year we saw just major league debut and had some really strong starts and some strong outings from the back end, just kind of had to wear a few things and things weren't going as lovey as hope. So coming into that, he got into the sixth inning and it was fantastic. He comes into this one just the different mindset coming into this year, more confident, more understanding it is the talent stuff plays, particularly lovetape, and you know he's realized he just bully big lead hitters at the basketball. He's going to have to lean on his secondary stuff. Maybe has that tonight, then they do suspect that he could have a really quality just first start of the season the big leagues, and potentially it's some more to come, especially with Blake's helping on the eye out.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah, they're going to need these young arms more than ever this year. Already here in April, Justin Rolbleski being called upon kist.
Speaker 3: We appreciate it. We'll check in with you after the game.
Speaker 2: So they come here on Wrongo because you know, Dodgers on deck will dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David Vatsa goes what on one with Andrew Freeman. But now we get you an injury report and we here for the manager, Dave Roberts. It's the Dodgers and Nationals first bitch at three forty five.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Katese and this is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Cassino Dodgers Hunt game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Decatinues on this Tuesday afternoons. We lead you up to first pitch Dodgers in Nationals Marongo Casino Resort and spat a Grand Slam for good times. Justin Robleski and Brad Lord. The pitching matchup, first pitch set for three forty five.
Speaker 1: He's the LA Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Injury Report presented by UCLA Healthy, Official medical partner of your Los Angeles Dodgers. Blake Snell on the IL with the left shoulder inflammation. Freddie Freeman not with the team, on the IL, working his way back from the short riot ankle, Tony Gonsolin, Evan Phillips both on minor league rehab assignments working their way back. Clayton Kershaw through a bullpen sho yesterday in Washington, DC. He is only on the sixty day IL. All right, let's back out to Nationals Park and check out with the Dodgers. Gipper questions for Dave Dave?
Speaker 7: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 3: Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 1: The dugouts with Dave Robbers Dave First?
Speaker 9: Just Jessa Robleski. He's got the start today. I know how he ended last year was a tough one, but to see how impressive he was this spring, how have you seen him just develop and evolve as a big league pitcher? And what are you hoping to see with him with this experience today, he's grown.
Speaker 6: You know, I think that most young players I like this stuff. It's a good fastball. I think the thing with Justin is he's understanding how to use his secondary pitches to kind of keep guys major league hitters off balance and not trying to always overpower them. This is a young ball club that swings the bats, they put the ball in play, and so it's gonna be a good challenge and we got to play good defense behind him. But you know, I think he should have a good one if his secondary is where it needs to be.
Speaker 9: Speaking of defense, just a handful of errors in the last few games. Do you think it's just something that it's early in the season. I know you've talked about wanting to clean up a few things, but it does seem it's a bit uncharacteristic of just this the makeup of this team it is.
Speaker 6: It's a little disconcerting given the talent level the way our guys work. But you know, I think baseball, I guess at some points it is cyclical with certain things, and right now we're just not playing clean defensively. But I do think it's going to change. It'll get better and again, like I said, it's just not from lack of preparational work.
Speaker 2: All right, there's Dave Roberts talking about the defense and needs to improve. It has cost him on this road trip so far big time. Yesterday early on we continue here on.
Speaker 3: Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 2: We'll check in with David Vase, so we get to the latest Nationals Park because we leave you up the first pitch on this Tuesday. I'm Tim Kats's, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on tach on your home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and Nationals.
Speaker 2: Justin Robuski, Brad Lord the pitching matchup, first pitch coming up at three forty.
Speaker 1: Five, joining Tim Kits on Dodgers on Tack.
Speaker 7: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger inside there, David Basse.
Speaker 2: Alright, DV. It's the East Coast. It's April. It's not hot.
Speaker 3: It's pretty cold out there, right. Yeah.
Speaker 10: When you see the scene here at Nationals Park, you would think it was eighty degrees a beautiful day here in late March.
Speaker 7: But that's not the case.
Speaker 10: There's not a cloud in the sky, but temperatures are going to dip into the high thirties once the sun goes down, So this is not the ideal condition to play baseball, even though it's not as wet as it was yesterday. Right now with the sun shining and the ground screw getting the field ready, it's about forty degrees right now at Nationals Park with the wind blowing from left to right into center fields, so it's going to be It may look like there's no weather issues affecting the way guys are playing, but certainly this is going to be a very cold game played Game two of this three game series.
Speaker 2: David is driven by four. If there's one thing we like, it's choices, fine yours. With the Ford F one fifty gas hybrid, all electric tough, this march can only be called F one fifty. We all went on that middle school Washington, DC sight seeing trip when we were a younger. DV and some of the Dodger players they went to the White House yesterday and they kind of kept that theme going today with the tourism.
Speaker 10: Huh yeah, and they kept the World Series trophy on the tour of our nation's capital today. They went to go see the California Senators at Capitol Hill.
Speaker 7: Tyler Glass now Will.
Speaker 10: Smith Roberts were among the Dodgers ownership led by Mark Walter and Stan Casten, so they took the trophy there. Obviously the whole team did not go. That's that's a special thing for the White House. But yeah, maybe this closes the book on the victory tour of the twenty twenty four World Series.
Speaker 2: Justin Robleski goes for the Dodgers, called up from Triple A. He had a really good spring and a good start in Triple A. Has started in Oklahoma City. But DV Brad Lurd, this starter for the Washington Nationals got kind of a fun background.
Speaker 7: Yeah, how about this?
Speaker 10: During this past offseason he was working at home depot to make extra money as a minor league pitcher. And here he is three games into his major league career and making his first ever career start against Sho Hao Tani, Mookie Betts and the rest of the world champion Dodgers. If that's not a Cinderella story, I'm not sure what is. And we'll see what he has. But he really isn't going to go that far because he has been pitching out of the bullpen, so the reports around the Nationals are that he's going to be limited to forty five to fifty pitches and you won't see Kyle Finnigan likely at the end of the game. He threw thirty two pitches in a five out save yesterday. That was his third save in as many days. You don't see too many closers pitch four straight days. Only am Manuel Classe has that distinction in the last couple of years.
Speaker 2: Real quick, dv the defense, especially on this road trip, it's been an issue.
Speaker 3: Is it something to be concerned about.
Speaker 10: You'll hear from Andrew Friedman a little bit later. Tim, I'll bring that topic up to him. But certainly the Dodgers believe they could be much better than what they have shown on this road trip. But it's going to be a cold night, so we'll see how it goes.
Speaker 2: Bundle up with that new jacket, Deevie. We'll talk to you in just a couple of minutes. Coming up here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear from Andrew Freeman. Is Davina say alluded to, We'll dive deeper to This pitching matchup up next to Yours Magical Moments Dodgers Nationals first pitch of three forty five. I'm Tim Kas's World Champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Networks.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, yes, it is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack On, the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Nationals. Justin Robleski and Brad Lord the pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at three forty five.
Speaker 3: Dog hot Dog?
Speaker 7: Who wants the hot Dog?
Speaker 1: It's time for the hawfe Magical Moment pitch. Magical Magical presented by Hawpey Hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: Well today the anniversary of Hank aaron seven hundred and fifteenth home run back on April eighth, nineteen seventy four. But we go back to June twenty second, twenty sixteen, Dodgers taking on the Nationals. Yasio pue up to bad an air by the Nationals gave the Dodgers the win.
Speaker 3: The one brown ball base hit into center field.
Speaker 10: Kendrick will hold it second against pass Taylor.
Speaker 3: It rolls to the wall. Here comes Kendrick.
Speaker 7: He will score.
Speaker 1: Quigue is a third.
Speaker 7: He's being stopped he's running through the sign hit first slide of the Dodgers win.
Speaker 5: The Dodgers get a gift. Taylor has no play to make.
Speaker 1: He overcharged.
Speaker 5: The bull didn't even slow it down. Hey, Chris Woodward could not slow yes Quegue down. Wow. A most improbable win for the Dodgers in the bottom of.
Speaker 2: The ninth a walkoff to run inside the park home run by Yasiel puige Off Michael A. Taylor's airs officially ruled a two run single and a three base air, but the Dodgers with the walk off win of the Washington Nationals back in twenty sixteen. This Hofey magical moment brought to you I Hoffey hot Dogs, Haffe so Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years Offfeye hot Dogs, local and so great. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll check out with Rick Monday and we'll get you your prize picks play of the day. So lead you out to first pitch on this Tuesday, Dodgers and Nationals. I'm Tim kas Is, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio know.
Speaker 1: One This Morongo Casino Dodgers on Dodgers on Deck y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers East Coast Roachup continues Game two this three game set against the Washington Nationals coming up. We'll get you the keys of the game. We'll hear from Andrew Freeman. But right now it's time for the Prize Picks double Play the day.
Speaker 10: Got him with the two for one hard shot to third droves the second hockey first double what double hole teams.
Speaker 1: This is the Prize Picks double play of the Day.
Speaker 2: Download the free Prize Picks app and join me in millions of other baseball fans playing daily fantasy sports at Prize Picks.
Speaker 3: And when you download the app, you use.
Speaker 2: The code go blue, Go Blue to get fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollars a lineup.
Speaker 3: It's so easy to play.
Speaker 2: You pick more or less on at least two players for a shot to win up to one thousand times your cash. When it's a strikeouts, RBI's first inning, runs, doubles, singles on base, you pick more or less at price pick join me use the code go blue. Here are my two picks today show Hey Otani more or less a half a hit, Come on, more more than a half a hit for show, Hey Otani, Justin Robleski more or less four strikeouts less. I'm gonna go less than four strikeouts for Justin Robleski. The Nationals put the ball in play. Join me at Price Picks, use the promo code go blue, and get fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollars, lineup prize picks, run your game.
Speaker 1: And now joined by David Bass saying, here's la Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick.
Speaker 7: Rick.
Speaker 10: It's a new day, and certainly the feeling in that Dodger clubhouse is they need to win today.
Speaker 7: They got to get back on track.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that would be nice. This road trip has not been kind. They have not played really good baseball either. The four games they've dropped three into the lost column. But the other part, too, is you start to look at the standings, so you have to blink a couple of different times. Dodgers now with the Giants, are trailing Sandygo Pandres and the Andres came in with a lot of hullaballah, but hey, we may be able to do some things. And they have here early on the eighth of April. It's the and Andres that lead the Western Division.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's interesting after an eat and no start, Like you said, Rick, the Dodgers find themselves not in second place, but in third place in the division.
Speaker 5: Yeah, percentage points behind the San Francisco Giants. They're both a half game out, but they can play much better, and quite fink they are going to play better. But I would rather see them sooner be able to do that than later. And they have not really torn up some of the bullpens. And that's kind of because if you look at the strength of this book Dodger Ball Club last year. We talked about it in spring twenty two. Late in games and while they've outscored in innings seven eight to nine, found some interesting numbers earlier today, they've outscored the opposing teams by only six runs over the final three innings of ball games. They've done most of their damage in the middle of the games and not so much early in the game, so that that would be nice to kind of change things around a little bit and not have to worry about coming back. Just keep in mind of the nine victories, six of those wins are come from behind wins.
Speaker 10: Yeah, And it feels like the Dodgers are playing behind quite a bit so far to start this year.
Speaker 5: Yeah. And I think other clubs understand here's the deal too. Everybody understands, Hey, here's the defending world champions that are coming in. They want a big piece of this Dodger ball club. And they've gotten the piece of it now three different times on this road trip. And it's going to change, no question about it. We'll find out tonight what's going to happen. Also, Also it's interesting too if we look at the starting lineup tonight, Will Smith is not in there behind the plate again. It's going to be Austin Barnes doing the catching.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and he's catching Justin Robleski. The Dodgers have a triple A staff that could start for many Major League teams, and today is the Robleski start day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you'll be fine. But other than that, the Dodgers again need to tighten the belt. And they had a couple of miscues in last night's ball game, and I expect him to play much better. It's going to be another chilly night, so hopefully the guys understand that they'll bundle up right along with you, David Maasse.
Speaker 10: No doubt, And one thing I wanted to bring up yesterday you talk about night getting to bullpens, felt like Kyle Finnegan, the Nationals closer who got the five out saved last night, felt like he held on by this much because the Dodgers really had him on the road.
Speaker 5: I like his comments after the ballgame is is I wanted the baseball. I wanted to be in there, and I wanted to be able to close it out. Well he did. He may have done a high wire rack. That's all well and good. A win's a win, doesn't matter how you got there.
Speaker 10: Do you know about this right hander for the Nationals, Brad Lord? He was at home depot during the off season.
Speaker 5: Yes, I do. This is how much I know about him. He's here tonight and he's going to push.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: He's been out of the bullpen in the previous appearances, three different relief appearances, so I would imagine he's not going to be in there for a long time tonight.
Speaker 10: I didn't have a chance to ask you this last night on your way out, but did you feel like after Otawanni started the game three for three, a double shy the cycle he was going to be able to complete it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, And I read your post also last night that yeah, I figured the double could come up rather easily for him, especially in his ballpark. This is a rather friendly ballpark to get extra base hints. You've got I think at six different angles in the fences here, and it's not particularly a deep field down the right field line or the left field line for that matter.
Speaker 10: All right, Rick, we'll see whether or not o'tani can get the cycle tonight. He's got another shot.
Speaker 5: Hey might as well?
Speaker 7: Hey right, yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: So is so is mister Lord.
Speaker 4: Yes he is.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 10: From the home depot to facing one of the best lineups in baseball. We'll send it back to the studio, Tim, all right.
Speaker 3: Thanks DV. From Aisle four to the pitching mound. Dodgers fans.
Speaker 2: Start your future at California Community College. Financial aids to be able to help you intuition, books and sometimes even the rent.
Speaker 3: It's time to take that next big step.
Speaker 2: Classes can film quickly, so enroll today and I can go to college dot com so the com will dive deeper to this pitching matchup.
Speaker 3: Rikle me back with Tim. Each of those keys to the game.
Speaker 2: But up next we go high and tight with Andrew Friedman Dodgers Nationals.
Speaker 3: First pitch of three forty five.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim kass World Champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and Nationals.
Speaker 2: Justin Robleski on the mound, first pitch coming up with three forty five. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Zench handcra to Sushi, perfect for that quick, affordable meal that the whole family can enjoy while you watch and listen to a game. Zenh handcrafted sushi made fresh on site daily by professionally trained sushi chefs with precision, passion and their tradition. You could taste tuna rolls, the salmon rolls, tempura shrimp rolls, the mango crunchy dragon roles. How about the poke bowls? They got it all. Find Zench near the deli counter at Rouse Zench hand crafted sushi, always fast, fresh and easy.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This this high and tight.
Speaker 10: We are in our nation's capital and we're joined right now by the Dodgers President of baseball Operations Andrew Friedman. Andrew, thanks a lot for the time. And I always love it when it's good mood.
Speaker 11: Andrew, Yeah, that's fleeting. I think it. You know, you can always tell what mood I'm in based on how we're playing.
Speaker 10: Here's something I used to cover the Lakers when Phil Jackson and was coaching, and he said he never evaluated any of his teams until probably a quarterway through the season.
Speaker 7: Do you look at it big picture like that?
Speaker 10: And also on a day to day basis, how do you view it this early in the season.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean I think you know where we will really take stock is basically a third of the season, get through May and get a real feel for things. That being said, we feel it intensely every day, and so's how not to overreact to things that are, you know, happening in a moment in time and try to get a bigger, broader perspective before making you know, bigger changes.
Speaker 10: When you look at the team so far, obviously, offense has got to be the biggest strength is it performing the way you envisioned it when you put this together.
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 11: No, which is actually pretty exciting. I think there's a lot more in there. Offensively, We've had some games with some really time hits, which has helped, and it's helped to put some points on the board, but just the consistency of our offense up and down hasn't really been there. A lot of our runs, feels like, have come via the home run, which is great to have the ability to hit the ball of the park. It's not as great when we're relying on it as it kind of feels like.
Speaker 3: But this is a.
Speaker 11: Really dynamic, talented offense, and you know, in a lot of ways, feel good about where we are record wise, because I think from a fundamental standpoint offensively, we haven't played to our ability yet, which is great being that these wins are in the bank and feel like there's even more upside from here.
Speaker 10: I know you block out a lot of the noise, but I get to hear it all. So after starting out eight to zero, you were unbeatable. Now the team has lost three of the last four, and all of a sudden, the sky's falling. The defense is horrible, how do you keep that perspective.
Speaker 11: Yeah, well, I'm glad that you feel them. People of Los Angeles are really lucky to have you to as their outlet.
Speaker 7: You I'm a therapist at times.
Speaker 11: Yes, yes, you know, I think any you know, this season is a series of daily narratives. When we win, things couldn't be any better. When we lose, the sky's falling and totally get that, and fans are right. Our defense has been really poor the last three or four days. We haven't played well fundamentally, but that's not who we are, and I will bet a lot that that's not.
Speaker 7: How we will play going forward.
Speaker 11: So while frustrating looking back, everything for us is about looking forward and making a bet on what we think will happen. And I will bet on this team being good defensively and you know, doing what we need to to keep runs off the board and with our be able to score more than we allow and win a lot of games.
Speaker 10: Andrew, I'm not sure we fully appreciated as you did, how good Tommy y Edman is playing every day. And we were all a little looking at you sideways when you said a couple of off seasons ago you had two guys at the top of your board Otani and Tommy y Edman. But I believe we've started to see and we saw it when you acquired him last year, just how good he is and what you saw.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean that makes it sound like we had those guys is like one and two in the league. It was more just guys that we felt like really fit us and we're going to be, you know, really useful guys we could potentially acquire elsewhere. Obviously, Tommy's played great. It's been more power than what I expected, more home runs, but just doing all the little things on the Field's ability to play in field, outfield, run the base is just what kind of baseball player he is, even on he goes oh for he can help us win a game in different ways. So those are the kind of players that we really like, and he fits our rosters so well.
Speaker 10: How long did you have that vision or want for tom Y Edmund. Obviously you have to be patient in certain circumstances with teams, But how long had you been feeling tom Y Edman would be a great fit for this team.
Speaker 11: I mean really since early on was Saint Louis, But it wasn't realistic then more in the last like two two and a half years, they started entertaining the thought of it, and so that's where you know, we spent a lot of time trying.
Speaker 7: To acquire him for a couple of years.
Speaker 11: And then felt fortunate to kind of line up on that convoluted three way last July.
Speaker 7: Hey, it worked out.
Speaker 10: Michael Kopek and Tommy Edmand were a big part of the Dodgers run last year and this year as well. As far as the depth of the organization, you take a lot of pride in that you going to give Yamamoto an extra day of rest tomorrow, Blake Snail's on the IL and you have the luxury of having a guy like Justin Robletski and Landon Nact be here. What can you say about just your starting five in Oklahoma City at double A and being able to have this luxury.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean we've talked about it a lot, you know, the scouting and player development groups, the work that they have done, just how connected they are, the value we've been able to create. You know, it's one of my favorite things. When we met with Showhy before we signed them, and you know, going through our organization and talking about our farm system, you know, and got into how everything in the system is designed for us to have a bottom farm system. We pick at the end of the draft. We have less draft money to spend. Our international pool is less than everyone in July. Every year, we're trading away players to get you know, shorter term players for an October push. Everything is designed for us to be at the bottom. But we're top five and Joey stops me and he just goes how, which I think really speaks volumes to the work that our scouting and player development group does. And so with as talents as our major league team is, we got a lot of talent coming as well, and for us to be able to do what we're doing on the pitching side right now, and just a number of guys that we could have a discussion about who would come up and pitch these games. And you know, with Tony Gonson on his way back and Kersh and Blake coming back, you know, opportunities can come and go, and it's hard to predict when things will happen. But to Robos credit, to Knacker's credit, they've done everything the good to be ready for this opportunity and we feel very fortunate to have guys like that ready to step in.
Speaker 10: So you weren't considering an Otani spot start today or tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Not yet.
Speaker 11: It's coming, but not yet.
Speaker 7: Where can you tell it?
Speaker 10: What can you tell us about the design for Otani this season and how you view his pitching season.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean, I think for us it's interesting in that head he not had left shoulder surgery, you know, maybe the timing would look a little bit different, but with it, we said, hey, let's make sure we strengthen that and get that ready, which then slowed down the throwing progression a little bit and just kind of pushed everything back. And the biggest thing for us is we'd much other error on the side of caution with him in this on this front, and so we kind of got him going just to make sure everything was in order able to you know, make sure his delivery is in a good spot ball was coming out of his hand. Then kind of slowed it down some in that it was never realistic for him to be able to go wire to wire, you know, April through a long October run and so you know, he started throwing bullpens again and we'll start to build him up and get that going. We're not going to try to cut any corners. We're going to take our time and figure it out and basically figure out each step based just on how he's recovering and making sure that things are going really well with the idea of when we go to get him back, to have him plug in and be a big part of our pitching staff through October.
Speaker 7: How does that happen?
Speaker 10: How do you thread the needle with a player that is so unique and how much he means to your offense. Usually a guy would go out on a few rehab starts. How do you get him ready for a game when that's not an option?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean he's one of one. So all of this is kind of uncharted territory for us. Well, I think communication is key, and you know, it's one of those things that he's almost got like a split personality. He's got his offensive mindset and then the pitching and he's got his routine dialed on the offensive side and on the pitching side. When he gets to a point of facing hitters. We can get guys in from Rancho, we can set up ZIM games, we can do things that simulate a minor league outing at two o'clock.
Speaker 3: Give them time to.
Speaker 11: Go nap in the in the quiet room and then come back out. And Dh and Hit laid off for us that night.
Speaker 10: All right, Andrew, this looks like a great room too, here in the bowels of Nationals Park. I'm not sure if anybody could take a nap here.
Speaker 11: No, but I think anytime you're in the vicinity of Danny Lehman, you know it's going to be a good day.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, that's stringy hair that's always standing right next to Dave Roberts, and that Dodger dugout is always nearby.
Speaker 11: Have you noticed that hair? Kind of no man's land right now? He can't decide whether he's gonna let it flow or cut it more business like, he's cutting no man's land. So fans, if you have any feedback for me, he would welcome it.
Speaker 7: No doubt.
Speaker 10: A man that never speaks only in the Dugout. Outside of Dugout, you will never hear from Dodger bench coach Danny Lehman. Andrew, thanks a lot for the time. Always great to see you. It's been a fun trip so far, and we'll keep going with this ride.
Speaker 11: Wow, we'd like to win a few more.
Speaker 7: Games here in this trip. Yeah, you will, you will, no panic, Andrew, I'm here the voice of reason. Thank you, Thank you. Tim will send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 10: That's the President of Baseball Operations, Andrew Friedman, from.
Speaker 2: The President yesterday the United States to the President of Baseball Operations for the Dodgers Today. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parla, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers' audio broadcast.
Speaker 3: When it's game day, it's group day at Shaky's dot Com. We'll leading you up the first.
Speaker 2: Pitch Dodgers and Nationals up next, we dive deeper into this pitching matchup.
Speaker 3: Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Kasey's World Champion while Sangelo's Dodgers. All you know it.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tap on your home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers in Nationals Game two. This three game says, it's the East Coast road trip continuous. First pitch coming up at three forty five.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dineck, we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: Firs hit about your Southern California and Toyota dealers work hard, in play hard in a New Tacoma with an I Force turbo charge engine. It's a truck built for the bulls. He youre Toyota dealer today. They make it easy. Brad Lord on the mound for the Nationals, twenty five year old right hander, eighteenth round pick in twenty twenty two out of South Florida. In twenty oh three or twenty twenty three, he had a four ERA and a ball. In twenty twenty four, he took that jump, going ten and four the two forty three ERA with one hundred and thirty five strikeouts across three levels of the minor leagues. However, his future was really unknown. He didn't know what was gonna happen with baseball, so got an off. He's in job at home depot. This past offseason, came to spring training, made a name for himself, so much so he made the Nationals Opening day roster. So far, three appearances, two total innings, two runs, three hits, two walks.
Speaker 3: He hasn't pitched more than an inning and.
Speaker 2: Out of this season, so he's slated to go between forty five to fifty pitches. Justin Robleski on the mound for the Dodgers. Twenty four year old left tender. Eleventh round pick out of Oklahoma State in twenty twenty one, made his major league debut last season, going one to two with a five to seventy ERA in eight games six starts. He impressed during the spring this year, nine and the third innings, nine strikeouts. He made one start in Triple A Oklahoma City last week, pitched into the sixth inning in his first start five and two thirds scoreless innings of work. He allowed just three hits and struck out three in a no decision, so to Justin Robleski and Brad Lord. The pitching matchup Dodgers and Nationals. Dodgers looking to get back on track. They dropped three to four on this road trip, till nine to three overall for fifteen minutes away for first.
Speaker 3: Pitch from our nation's capital. Keys of the game are next.
Speaker 2: Tim kase is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Nationals game two of this three game series from Washington, DC. Justin Robleski called that from TRIPLEA Oklahoma City. He gets to start. Brad Lord goes for the Nationals first pitch coming up at three forty five.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers with.
Speaker 2: The right hander on the mound, bringing back Max Munsey to play third base, courts Michael cornfordo in left field, a left handed hitter, show he Otani leading off. Andy Pajus back in the line of batting eighth for the Dodgers playing center field. I means Tommy Edmonds goes back to second base and Austin Barnes doing the catching for Justin Robleski as Will Smith gets a day off. All right, let's head back out to Nationals Park and check out the two guys on the call.
Speaker 3: Tim Nevertrick Monday.
Speaker 4: Tam, thanks again, We're counting you down to the first pitch here tonight in our Nation's Capital, Game two of the three game series between the Dodgers and the Nationals, Justin Robleski will make his twenty twenty five debut. He has been doing okay in Triple A, but he'll be activated for the ballgame. The Dodgers roster move Matt Sower, who pitched two innings in the last night's game, was optioned back to Oklahoma City. We saw Robluski in spring training mode pitched pretty well. It was two and zero in the spring four appearances. He had an ERA under two. And he also was the winning pitcher in Tokyo against the Yomi Yuri Giants in that exhibition game.
Speaker 5: I think one thing right now tonight, and with being a little bit on the cold side, is what does the grip feel like on the breaking ball? Because he has a good curve ball, don't rush it. And really, pitchers in tonight's ball game, at least at the get go make big turnarounds in their careers. Last year, you know, Rescie started in Double A and the Triple A and then came up six starts plus two relief appearances for the big league ball club. And on the other side of the coin too, Brad Lord's not going to be in there for a long period of time. They're thinking forty five to fifty pitches. But there was a big turnaround for him last year. Began in a bow, then with the DOUBLEA, then to Triple A, made twenty five starts and during the offseason, needing some money, he was working at home depot. I mean, he got the invitation to come to spring training and he has made the most of it.
Speaker 4: So he's turned in his orange bib for a National's uniform and he made his big league debut on the thirtieth of March against the Philadelphia Phillies. It's a great story, but Justin Robluski hasn't beaten in terms of the major league debut when he.
Speaker 7: Debuted last year.
Speaker 5: And Verbleski does not need any power tools, so he's equipped to come in tonight and do it.
Speaker 4: No, he doesn't, but if you want some plywooll you can back up to the industrial section for sure. So Justin Robleski against Brad Lord and a number of other pitchers for the Nationals, it'll be a bullpen game for them. The Dodge are going to need another pitcher for tomorrow. Landon Knack is here. I just saw him down in the clubhouse not too long ago, so expecting another roster move to get land and Knack on for tomorrow afternoons game. Meantime, we get you sent for this one. As the Dodgers trying to get back in the win column. Against the Nationals.
Speaker 2: Tim Yeah, Dodgers looking to get back on track after an eight to no starts. They've dropped three to four so far on this six game roachrip, losing two to three in Philadelphia, dropping the opener last night to the Washington Nationals. What's key Get off to an early start, score some runs early, get ahead if the pitcher is something to work with, and Justin Robleski the Dodgers playing too much catch up in game, especially late in the ballgame. Don't forgive this one's over, David Bassay, It's got your covers all the post game of highlights, reaction and.
Speaker 3: Dodger talka as well. Enjoy it.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Nationals from our nation's capital is next. I'm Tim kass Is, the world champion. Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network