Speaker 1: On on.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Episode Cecial pre show episode four fifty four fifty Yeah, four fifty like the splash, Yes, holy shit, Yeah.
Speaker 1: It kind of feels like a milestone, does it.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know. It's a round number. And it's like halfway to five hundred five hundred.
Speaker 1: That sounds crazy. It's not halfway to five hundred. It's like ninety percent of the way to five hundred, nine tenths of the way.
Speaker 2: It's like eighty percent of the way. We're brought to you by the wonderful patrons at patreon dot com slash Ceeal.
Speaker 1: Podcast, whether they like it or not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they've stuck around thus far, and a lot of people have told me they've liked the longer pre show and wherever we are today, which is a lot of fun. I'm getting a sunburn because of the lights in this town.
Speaker 1: Again. Again, we're looking at places that we could possibly travel to. I'm just happy to be out of the basement of the damn studio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Poopooville, Peepetown, Penis cutoff Row.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what was that one those a dog will lick his butt but won't need a pickle street. Yes, what the hell is that. I need to know where that is. I need to know where that is in real life, we're really Google maps that at we are.
Speaker 2: We are at one of those places, but I don't know where yet. We've got a new patron we're gonna thank on the show today. Okay, so big shout out to the patrons. This is all for you, and and I have a Patreon winner of the pre show.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I thought for the next couple of weeks, I thought, if you're a patron and you're listening, you should just win for being a patron as a way for us to say thank you, because we probably don't say thank you enough. So, okay, last week's winner, and I know that there was commenters, so thank you for commenting. You've all won before. I recognize everybody's names, so I wanted to give it to somebody who who we haven't mentioned or I haven't talked to for a while. I think King Max is the pseudonym on Is that that Max Max Crandell Yeah, definitely not. Definitely not. So King Max. Get after us either on Patreon because I'll get an email, or by sending an email to Commander Cookout at gmail dot com. Tell us that you that you won. I have your address already and but if you could leave it, that would be great booster Pacos ticker pack or CEO token pack. Yeah, very cool, very cool. And I was asking a bunch of the patrons in the discord about planning for Toronto the Command Fest. We were talking about that last night. We were we were drinking some beer and talking about a few things that I have planned that I definitely have no expertise on and need Brando's help. So I'm a little bit scared, but I know it'll be a good job ish sort of not really. So we have a deck this week tomorrow, and it's actually gonna be an Uncle Brando special.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did it. I said I was gonna build it, and I did.
Speaker 2: Oh is that the only hint is that the only hint that we give.
Speaker 1: Well, there's two. I said I was gonna build, right, And I feel like everybody's gonna guess the wrong one.
Speaker 2: I feel like nobody's gonna get I feel like nobody's gonna guess because we just said we're going to give the packaway to a random Patreon support.
Speaker 1: I guess, but guessing is fun.
Speaker 2: You can still guess if you want first.
Speaker 1: It's my favorite game. So it's one of the two that I said I was gonna build.
Speaker 2: Oh there you go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one of them I did do, and the other one found a home in another one of my decks because as I was putting the cards together to actually build the deck, I was like, you know, this just kind of feels like a pile of good stuff. And the other pile, which is what we're going to talk about today, was a pile of crap.
Speaker 2: No I thought that this one felt like a pile of good stuff.
Speaker 1: No, Oh, there's lots of stuff that I'm still kind of tweaking it a little bit. It needs to get played a couple of times.
Speaker 2: Well here, hold on, hold on, I'll preface what you were gonna say. Okay, this is an upgraded pre con. Yes, and we're going to talk about upgrading pre cons and their importance. I'd like to start now. I'd like to start now because I don't want to have a like an hour and twenty minute show for editor Joda to nail me to the cross for Yeah, so I wanted to pick your brain on kind of the importance of picking up a pre con from your local game store or Fusion Gaming Online dot Com using CCO Summer promo code, saving some money. The importance of picking that up and playing at like just a stock pre con and then slowly over time like tweaking this or that or changing a thing or two. Why is that important other than supporting your local game store.
Speaker 1: Because it's a really good way to get in at like the I would say, I would argue the power level that you probably want to be on it. You don't talk about power levels mightbe pass at this point, Yeah, but I think it's a really good way to get in and get some games with a deck where you're not just going to get slaughtered because maybe you're not quite sure what you're doing. Or it's a good way to get in and get something unique yep, because the decks are built around new mechanics and they always make the face commanders slash backup commanders these days to be something that are unique and interesting and maybe not things that other decks do. So it's a great way to just have something that not everybody else is played with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, unique interesting power level on tune with probably like the general most most trodden, most treaded sure power level of deck. Yeah, okay, and they're not.
Speaker 1: You can laterally upgrade them where you can just like tweak what they're doing to do the exact same like to do the same power of thing but a little different, or you can amp them way up if you have cards at your house that you want to throw in, or you have excitement that you can spend, or I mean you can't really take them down. Actually you can't really take them.
Speaker 2: You probably could.
Speaker 1: I mean you can tick down.
Speaker 2: You know what I think, I think more often than not, is I'm going to upgrade this pre con or I'm going to take this commander that came in a pre con and do my own thing with it. I think generally, and we've talked about this before, I think generally that makes the deck worse without you actually knowing it, right.
Speaker 1: And that's not a like a dig in anybody's deck building prowess. Because my version of this deck is definitely less stout than it is out of the box. It just plays way more stuff that I like.
Speaker 2: And that's totally fine. I actually like that that gives a new player or a pre con tuoner, because I think that's a whole category of people, right, I want to just buy and tune a pre con because it's already kind of there.
Speaker 1: At RLGS. Actually, there's lots of people that just play the deck out of the box, or they'll throw in one or two cards that they opened in it. There's lots then they do really well. They take that.
Speaker 2: You know who does that? I few Alex does that so much so that like he bought the El Drazi pre con from Mari Jojo Hoo and plays that like right out of the box. And he also has a custom built El Drazi deck. Yeah, like he's got two, and I think it like one is of a certain power level and the El Drassi Incursion whatever it's called, is a powerful pre con. And then he's just got like a slap your lips off all the ramp all of the big El Drazi, like very powerful El Drawsi deck. So he can kind of do the same thing on the back of a pre con, but at multiple power levels or speeds or whatever you want to call it. I think that that's important.
Speaker 1: I think it's pretty cool and there's a lot of versatility and themn they are well made and they're easily accessible, which is the key.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And and can we called him cheap?
Speaker 1: What's a pre con colast fifty bucks for.
Speaker 2: Thirty five bucks if you're in the land of the free.
Speaker 1: It depends too, because every so often you'll get the one that it's got the chase card from thing it becomes worth more. There's something that are worth less. I think there's one. Is it the bird that we did the other week, Zinya? One of these decks in the wild, depending on where you go, is a couple dollars more if I'm recalling correctly, but not to the level that Maudy ho ho hos decks.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, they're like two hundred dollars or whatever or not.
Speaker 1: Whether they're two hundred dollars or they're sixty.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, right, like yeah, like when when Dockside came out, or when what was the one from Commander Nameless not Nameless Nemesis, what True Nemesis, True name Nemesis? Yeah, yeah, when that came out, that was in Commander.
Speaker 1: That was the first one, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Are you sure?
Speaker 2: Yeah? True name was Commander fifteen fourteen.
Speaker 1: I thought sure it was in the first one, the first set of them, I thought.
Speaker 2: I thought, may I don't remember, we could look it up, but I've got Bloomboro pre cons up here, and we're cats out of the bag. We're gonna be talking about one of these four decks today. I think on our bloom Borrow one of our reviews, you actually had this deck sitting on the table.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: If we're doing the booster game boosterback Game of old, we could definitely you definitely know which one it is. Oh, it's this one here. No, the Family Matters one that's with Zinia. It's at least twenty dollars more if you were to purchase the cards individually. That's what it is.
Speaker 1: There we go, Yeah, and I think that is mine the cheapest one. It probably is, I'll bet it is.
Speaker 2: Uh oh wait a minute, Oh the squirrel one.
Speaker 1: The squirrel one, of course, freaking squirrel weeds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, squirrel weeds. Yeah, yours is the cheapest.
Speaker 1: There we go, as always, Yeah, as matter, we should just which one of you the most interested in brand? Oh I like this one. Okay, we will avoid that because it will have the least value.
Speaker 2: Well, there you go.
Speaker 1: Financially, but it will have the most value for fun.
Speaker 2: Oh, speaking of financial value and for fun. The next BBO is coming up. The Brando's openings on the CCEO YouTube channels coming up. And I would like to say that there's a gimmick, but I'm gonna call it like a whole mini movie.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I worked hard on this one, baby, and then you added some special effects to it to really.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's got some music playing behind it. And that'll be out on Friday. If you're watching this on Monday, come back tomorrow for the show proper. The show proper Wednesday, Thursday. I'm sure we'll have offerings. I really hope that you can't see the bug that's right on the lens I'm looking at.
Speaker 1: There's there's a bug.
Speaker 2: There's a bug right on the camera lens. You can see him. I can see him.
Speaker 1: Producer Gary to the rescue. Man, I just realized, just blow on it.
Speaker 2: There we go, Hey, podcasting professional professionals, drinking so much beard in the studio. Man, that means the flies or something.
Speaker 1: That means that now everybody knows that we're inside we ruin.
Speaker 2: That's okay, I'll cut it all out, fix it and post fix it and post.
Speaker 1: There we go.
Speaker 2: So anyways, Friday, BBO, it's gonna be it was really freaking funny. I thought it was funny right off the bat, and then like the hard jump cut to what actually happened to the thing. Oh man, I freaking laughed hard. And little people, oh, they will peek behind a curtain. Usually Brando tells me there's some kind of gimmick or something, and it doesn't tell me anything about it. And when I download the file that you send to put it together, it's usually like in the evening, everybody in my house is in bed.
Speaker 3: I'm just like freaking, oh man, I gotta do the stupid thing Brando sent me right and I download the file and just watch the native footage for the first twenty seconds or whatever, and bang hits me right in the right in the dink.
Speaker 2: It was so funny. So I thought it was a lot of fun. So tune in on Friday.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's a good time.
Speaker 2: Okay. Tomorrow's Deck.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow's deck. This benability tunability, the ability to play cards that you probably have squirrelled away either at the back of your binder.
Speaker 2: That would normally be a hit, but we're not doing a scroll where they're.
Speaker 1: In like a box or something. Because you're like, man, this card is so much fun, and then you play it a couple of times nothing, it doesn't do anything. I noticed that this is a deck that can you can rock some of them in here.
Speaker 2: I noticed a couple of cards that you've been saying, Oh, I've been trying to make this just like the fourth deck. I've played this card in and I always cut it. I've noticed a couple of those in this deck, Uncle Brando's specials. I call it. Yeah, just cards that just suck. Stop playing that card. That's no good.
Speaker 1: I can't stop, won't stop.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I noticed a couple of those. I've got a lot of notes on like the versatility of this commander in that it could build you an aggro deck kind of like what you did. It could build you like a go wide deck if you want to cheat. It could build you some kind of polymorph. I'll call it a combo because that's usually what polymorph is. Sure, and we'll go we'll go into how. And what I really was interested in and surprised that you didn't do, is like some kind of like lock or Stacks variant.
Speaker 1: Well, I already have a Stacks deck, so I didn't want to another one.
Speaker 2: We can theorize about ways to do that. I didn't read one of the lines of text on this card, so my recommendations are going to be a little bit wonky. But cards like the one I recommended will will probably be worth a think.
Speaker 1: On the show.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, So that's going to be episode four fifty coming out tomorrow. If you're a patron, get at us, if you're King Max, we're going to pick somebody to win the Booster Pac Game. Join us in Toronto, Vancouver, Nope, Calgary, Regina. Where else are we going?
Speaker 1: That's it, that's it, that's.
Speaker 2: It, and everybody else in Vegas. But we're not going to Vegas because f you Alex. Yeah, that guy hit our theme song.