Speaker 1: Five o five. I think about g r C. The Dark Day jan happen Monday forty to twenty two, some sense days.
Speaker 2: We will.
Speaker 1: Sure was a vacation from this. Let me hear you all say, he oh.
Speaker 3: Three.
Speaker 1: Who never gonna let that one go? Oh what an embarrassment. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the Super Bowl last night. I got to see it up to half time, went to bed happily. When I went to bed, the Eagles were winning, and apparently they ultimately won forty twenty two. Joe, did you see any of it? I know you have the strangest hours work hours ever. You watched the whole thing, Jeez, Louise, so you saw it when Taylor Swift got booed and Donald Trump got applauded, the whole thing start to finish. You happy with the outcome? Oh yeah, oh yeah yeah. Dave Williamson, the Taxpayer Protection Line is also very Happy's big Eagles fan. He was on a light post in Philly last night. Oh that's good anyway. Now, it's pleased to see the outcome of the game when I woke up this morning, or learn of the outcome of the game when I woke up this morning. So anyway, ah, what's coming up today? Well, it's Monday, so of course Christopher Smithman joins the program, former vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati, with his thoughts and comments, which we call the smither Vent every Monday at seven twenty looking forward to Christopher out Christopher, Good morning out there, And if you're tuned into the Morning Show, and quite often he is, I occasionally will get a you know, a text message from him on my phone. It's like chiming in on some comment or another. It's a pleasure having him as a listener. Dear friend, wonderful human being, and I love his thoughts and comments on a Monday morning. I also enjoy talking to Brian James Monday Monday with Brian James every Monday at eight oh five. Coming up, Trump announcing more tariffs on China steel and aluminum. Shocking, no one insurance rates are going. Oh three ups, up, up up. That's on my rundown. Thank you, jose Chrecker for the rundown. And how much you spending on Valentine's Day. Valentine's Day's Day, I got engaged. Nothing. I haven't even given it any thought. One of the smartest things I ever did was asked my now soon to be thirty three years of marriage wife to marry me. And it didn't work out real well too. I mean I had something planning, going to take her out to dinner, and we ended up getting carry out Thai food, sat down on the living room floor and eat Thai food. And I knew it was the right thing because one of my favorite movies of all time, Costablanca, was actually on television. And so she accepted my proposal of marriage. So that was it, and we got married the following June. So it worked out really well for me. And don't spend a lot of money on a wedding. I know people are big on spending a lot of money on weddings. We just got married in the lobby of the Ritz Carlton Hotel. Management was not real happy about that too. I guess we didn't tell him it was going to happen. But we had a judge there, a friend that was a partner of the law firm I was working at, was a judge in Naples, Florida, and he was happy to show up and marry us. His wife acted as a witness and the photographer, which we hired last minute was the other witness. We told everybody we were leaving to get married and ended up having a nice party. Thank you to my mom and dad for putting that party on. But you know, look, I call that basically a zero dollar expend at your wedding compared to what you can spend on weddings, and no one seemed to suffer. Didn't want to cut and pick and choose who was going to show up. People get pissed off about something like that. How come I wasn't invited? How come you invited that person? Mean, it's like, you know what, We're not going to deal with that, We're just going to get married, you know. And some people get upset, like, well there wasn't a priest presiding or a minister presiding. He's like, no, my belief in the institution of marriage. You know, you can just you could sit down in a room with someone you love, and if you believe in God and you have faith, you make a pledge to the Almighty that you were going to marry and love and cherish and all that. It's a pledge to God. I mean, what's a pledge to the state worth Seriously? And I know. The point is he got paperwork in his documented and that means you have an obligation. Then you know child support and all that and division of property. Though all the state involvements brings from people not fulfilling their obligations which are supposed to be obligations to God. Here I am on a tear anyway, Valentine's Day, how about you going to spend on it? We're going to find out with Brian James and Mandy Gunna Sakara the book y'all fired talk with her back in October. We're going to find out what she thinks about Doge and the well draining of the swamp which is going on full on. So I've got an illustration to that. In in spite of the fact that Elon Musk has been blocked from access to the Treasury Department information, He's got some good ideas there. Even the folks in the Treasury Department have no idea where the money is going to the tune of fifty to one hundred billion dollars five three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three taco with pound five fifty on at and t phones well here what Mark has to say this morning. Mark, thanks for calling this morning. Happy Monday, and welcome to the Morning Show.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Brian.
Speaker 4: So I wanted to rant here a little bit and maybe slash psa announcement for people that are in certain communities soever. I'm sure you're aware of Friday, there was a group of so called Nazi white supremacists that had manners over the top of by seventy five there in front, twelve twelve of them, right, yeah, yeah. So I was driving south on seventy five that day and I see it and I started laughing, and I'm like, okay, so this is going to start, right And then some of the guys at work were talking about it and I said, wait, I said stop, wait a minute. I said, now, think about it. Think about where they're set up. Just you know, they're going to so called protests, and they're carrying all of them, not all of them. I don't know if all of them did, but they had long guns. They are fifteen. But like, so, we had some of the guys I had a little short conversation about it, and you know, I said, think about it. This is thee it it's the same people that were hired to protest around the country years ago, and so on and so forth.
Speaker 3: So if you jump forward.
Speaker 4: To Sunday, I had to run to the office. When to get through the office, I had to run down Shepherd to down and I'm sorry, down Anthony Wayne. So as I approached Shepherd, I see a guy standing there, and there's a guy on the other street corner. They were dressed alike. And the guys standing there with an AR fifteen. This is Sunday morning, about noon, and I was on the phone with my wife and I said, what in the hell? And I thought it was I couldn't tell what color the guy was. He was fully covered up, had a mask on, and you know, I thought, well, maybe you know police are standing out here, But then it was obvious it wasn't at a policeman, and so I couldn't tell what color the guy was. So I went to the office, did what I needed to do, turned around, came back up to Shephard. So I'm still on the phone with my wife and I said, hold on a second. So I pulled over and I rolled my winded down because if it was one of the little Antifa, I won't say the word. I want to, but I was gonna just ask him, you know, what are you doing? You're Paige, get the hell out of here. But the guy pulls his mask down and he's a black guy, and I said, can I ask you a question? And he starts backing up, and again he's got an AR fifteen and I'm pulled off. I'm in my company truck.
Speaker 3: I pulled, you know, I.
Speaker 4: Pulled off the side of the right of this rolled I went to down. I said, can I ask you a question? As I say that, he starts backing up and he's raising the gun, okay, and he goes, are you a Nazi? And I started laughing. I'd like what He goes, are you a Nazi? And I said, I just want to ask.
Speaker 3: You a question.
Speaker 4: The entire time he's backing up, he grabs a radio that's on his lapel and starts radio and end a white guy and a gray bit duft truck, on and on and on.
Speaker 3: And as he's doing this.
Speaker 4: He backs up over an old cable in the lot where he's standing and almost falls backwards with a I'm assuming loaded AR fifteen. And I was like, oh my gosh, this is ridiculous. So he catches himself before he falls completely. I just said, I laughed at him. I said, you're an idiot, and I drove away. So I called an officer at Lachlan and I told him what happened, and he said, yeah. He said they've been out there about an hour. And I said, he never fully pointed the weapon at me. I said, but he was raising it. He had his finger on the trigger guard, and he never pointed it at me, but he.
Speaker 3: Was raising it.
Speaker 4: And he was backing up the entire time like I was a threat. And the officer said, yeah, they've been out there about an hour. And I said, well, I find it hard to believe that guys are allowed to stand over on an overpass with AR fifteen's number one on Friday, with all the things that have happened in this country with shootings. And then he said, well, that's they open Kerry Low in Ohio.
Speaker 3: You can open Kerry.
Speaker 4: I said, well, I get that, but I said, these so backing up overall, I try to be quick people in these communities. I don't care if you're in Chicago, Atlanta, Detroit, Saint Louis, it doesn't matter. Any of the predominantly black neighborhoods that there's a reason they picked that overpass to do this, to provoke a reaction the way that they did, and people in these communities, you got to be smart enough to understand that Donald Trump made inroads into the black vote and the Democrats and George Soros don't like it, and they're going to do whatever they can to paint this white supremacy crap. And there's probably not seven true Nazis in the entire country.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was my reaction, mark the minute I saw that, in the seemingly over reaction to these idiots stand on the overpass. There were twelve of them, and I thought the exact same thing. I think. I guess they found every member, every white supremacist they could round up, and they ended up in Lincoln Heights on the overpass. Because I mean, I'll be sixty in September. I've never run into one in real life ever. And you know why they don't project themselves because the entire world views them as idiots. Their their ideology is stupid. This racism that they expouse is not embraced by anyone who has an ounce of intellect. I mean right, Yeah, but the.
Speaker 4: Church on the church on Shepherd As I came up, it's Lincoln Heights Baptist something. I don't know that place, and maybe it's like at every Sunday, I don't know. It was absolutely jammed to the point where people were parking in the grass. Betram News was there and there was a woodlawn officer sitting outside the church in the street. Yeah, so they and I think that may have been the preacher that stood out there on the news and was talking about all that. The thing is is that these communities have to be smarter than this. Don't fall for it and understand that. I was going if that guy was one of the little hired ANTIFA actors, because I can guarantee you that probably every one of those guys were hired to do that. There were actors, it was theater. But if he was one of those guys, I was going to give him the what for and tell him to get the hell out of there. Nobody wants to see your stupidity here, you know. I was going to stand up for that community. Yeah, and I'm a white guy, but warning the white guys that are driving through Lincoln Heights, don't be surprised if you get asked if you're a Nazi. I mean, that was one of the dumbest questions I've ever been asked.
Speaker 1: In my Lifeunderstood, Mark, I mean understand.
Speaker 4: It bothered me so bad.
Speaker 1: I can hear it is going to happen.
Speaker 4: It's going to happen across the country.
Speaker 3: In fact, I spoke with somebody.
Speaker 4: That said that it's already happening down south as well.
Speaker 1: So it is. Well, I I feel very confident that it is theater. But what really struck me is the most bizarre thing is somehow a group of twelve let's say they are the twelve Nazis that you could round up if you were looking for them, that somehow Donald Trump had a connection with them being on an overpass in Lincoln Heights. Like, uh, what, okay, that's an onione. That's an unhinged leftist reaction. People who have the Trumps arrangements under him, with Donald Trump living rent free in their head and he's responsible for every evil in the world. Appreciate it, Mark, appreciate it very much. Good hearing from you. Five nine teen fifty five KR SIT Talk Station five one three seven four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred eight two three talk. Feel free to call a comment here at fifty five k See. The talk station is five twenty two five one three seven fifty five hundred eight hundred eight two three talk by fifty on ATMT phone. Don't forget fifty five car see dot com. Get your iHeart media so you can stream the audio wherever you happen to be, and uh, give us credit for your listening. I really, really really appreciate folks using that I Heard media app. I'm thankfully very great numbers when it comes to the fifty five Carse Morning Show streaming hours. Really, you know, the time spent listening to that kind of stuff. They pay close attention to it, and it's a good thing for the show, and it makes me feel good anyhow, also makes me feel good when you call. Anyhow, what let's see here? Pivoting over to nothing in particular except the fact I saw a couple of articles about how outrageously expensive it was for stuff and things to buy at the Super Bowl one hundred dollars for a salad, seventeen dollars for a beer like okay, And I was thinking about the problem we're having with the Brown family and the negotiations over the stadium improvements, and they're sort of veiled threat to take the team and leave, okay, And how much it costs to buy a beer over at the stadium, And I keep thinking, well, wait a second, isn't the future of football people like watching it on their jumbo trons at home and drinking in relatively early, comparatively inexpensive beer of your own choice. And a clean bathroom, assuming you keep your bathroom clean at least it's not a public bathroom. Food's probably better at home when you prepared it home, so you know. And the literally insanity the money that public money that is spent on these privately owned football teams. Pivot over to Utah. This is pretty funny Utah taxpayers, maybe, and much of the chagrin of Riverton, Utah mayor trans Stags spending more than a billion dollars to build a gondola project that'll ferry skiers up to some elite ski resorts. Mayor tran Stags says unfair subsidy and waste and abuse of taxpayer money. Criticize the use of public funds for this massive skila project. Quote. Government's job is not to pit winners. And losers spending over one billion dollars in taxpayer funds that transport skiers the two resorts does just that. In no stretch of the imagination. Is that the role of taxpayers to foot the bill to help two ski resorts? Good? Well stated Amen. Apparently the Utah Department of Transportation recently approved this project will build the world's largest gondola to take steers skiers up to snow Bird and Alta resorts in Little Cottonwood Canyon. Total cost one point four billion dollars in taxpayer money. Does that make any sense? Does that sound justifiable? According to Breitbart reporting, while some have defended the plan, sighting traffic, congestion and environmental concerns in the canyon, the project just face growing pushback from local businesses and residents who argue it's a misuse of taxpayer funds and primarily benefits private resorts, which it does. How does something like this even happen? Meanwhile, Trump is going to be looking into that California railroad boondoggle project, another multi, multi, multi, multi billion dollar project you and I'll be paying for so they can have a QW two train that takes people from point A to point B, and really the first line of that particular segment we can talk about it later, is between places that no one really wants to go back and forth. Roses on the phone, take your call as soon as they get back from these brief words. The days of relaxing Parley, cloudy day to day high forty and overnight low of thirty one with snow possible. Winter Weather Advisory starts at four am Tomorrow. Light a snow expected along in south of the Ohio River. One to two inches of snowfall, possibly slick spots, of course, and even rain at times high a thirty five tomorrow, over night down to twenty eight slick again, snow will end. The winter weather Advisory ends at seven am on Wednesday. Get some light, afternoon rain and evening rain on Wednesday with a higher forty right now thirty time fifty five pairs to Detalk stations five twenty nine. Happy Monday, three seven nine, two to three talk. That's who what Roz has got to say. Roz, thanks for calling, holding over the break there, Welcome to the Morning Show.
Speaker 5: Oh, thank you so much, Brian, and thank you for taking my call. I listened to you every morning. By the way, and I remember the morning, I think it was last week where you wondered if anybody was listening at five o'clock, and I'm always listening at five.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, Ros.
Speaker 5: It's a wonderful show. In any event, I really do agree with much of what Mark had to say, because my first impression when I learned about the incident was that, you know, it could be genuine, although it also could be Antifa and Black Lives Matter, because you don't know the race of these people because they're totally covered. Now. You know my take because I talked with a friend of mine at length yesterday about this, and he and I are both very strong supporters of President Trump now and going all the way back to twenty sixteen, so he had not a ray. But I know that this incident is having an effect on black people that I know, and I can appreciate that, and I'm very sensitive to that because among my family and friends there are people who have been victimized, not in recent years, but decades back and having to flee the South because of the threat of the clan. Now, my idea is that there needs to be an investigation of these incidents because they are proliferating, and I believe that it's incumbent on our local authorities. You know, I kept thinking yesterday if Countie Pillage was an office as our county prosecutor, there probably already would be some kind of statement or Joe did, or some kind of statement about an investigation, or maybe a contact with BCI and our Attorney General in Ohio, or even all the way up the line to the FBI. And I remember during Cash Betel's hearings that you know, he said that he wanted to get people out in the field to do their job. And I think that an investigation would serve two valuable purposes. One if it is authentic. These two organizations have records of being deadly terrorist organizations, and I find it very, very difficult to dismiss what they have done because they've been strategic in doing their demonstrations, first near Lincoln Heights, which is the largest predominantly African American municipality north of the Mason Dixon line. And then they have been strategic in terms of the Shepherd Avenue location that Mark was talking about. There is a prominent African American church in the city of Cincinnati, and also one in Lincoln Heights. And I don't know what end of shepherds that Mark was talking about, but all of this is very chilling to me. If it is fraud, and if it is pantomime, then it's not good for the president or the country. And where we at the being so divided right now, Well, I ask.
Speaker 1: You this, I'm just kind of curious in terms of investigation, what what would be your hope, what type of investigation, what would the purpose of the investigation people.
Speaker 5: Are and what and they need to be monitored because we are an open cary state and I do support the Second Amendments, but there are people who are going to push back against this threat, whether it's real or proceived, and so I don't know. I'm not an attorney, so I don't know what the limits are. But there needs to be a contact by our elected officials to say this, and I think that that I don't know that the sheriff has said anything about the security of our citizens, our fellow citizens in Hamilton County who live in Lincoln Heights or who live in predominantly African American areas like Woodlawn. But something needs to be done, because you know, if we can be outraged about terror across the ocean called hamas as I have been since October seventh, and even before then October seventh of twenty twenty three. We need to be outraged about real or play acting terrorists, and actually Antifa and BLM, as far as I'm concerned, they are terrorists organizations because they've burned down Minneapolis and they have protested violently. So we need an investigation to find out who these people really are. If they are bona fide members of the Klan and the Neo Nazi Party, they need to be investigated. And you know, if you can send hundreds of innocent people to jail for months on end at the Capitol, then I think that this is something that needs to be investigated to expose whether they're real or authentic. And I think the benefits would be great for the President and for the conservative movement and the Republican Party, and I think it's really past time for our leadership to really speak out. I think that Mayor Purevolve was contacted by CNN and got a statement, but I'd like to know what the mayor of Lincoln Heights and Woodland have to say and what our law enforcement people have to say county wide, and our new prosecutor what she has to say, and go right up the line to the Bureau of BCI at the state level and the FBI, because I remember as a child the FBI going down South after the murders of civil rights workers to investigate these organizations.
Speaker 1: See, and here's you got a lot to unpackage on this. First off, anytime there is criminal behavior by any group, whether it's the Nazis or the BLM, if they're burning things, breaking things, harming people, than those are acts of criminal behavior which can be investigated and prosecuted. Now, as to the Azis, if they are if they weren't Nazis and they were fake actors, didn't they invite themselves to perhaps have an entire community of black people attack them and give them the beatdown that they might deserve because they embraced Nazism, But then backing away from that just because you expouse Nazism. I mean, it's we live in a country with free speech. If you want to be an idiot and voice your opinion in support of racism, you're going to reveal yourself to be the idiot that you are. That's what the that's what the exact point of free speech is. Free speech you can expouse the dumbest things ever, and the public will judge you accordingly, and you're not going to get a whole lot of people supporting your stupidity when you talk out loud. It's one of the reasons they probably covered their face, assuming they were real Nazis, they didn't want to reveal to the world who they actually are. They may have jobs and they would lose them if they're out expousing racism. I mean, the whole thing is it's just you know. I got to also point out one of the most profound support of the free speech was in fact a free speech opinion in the Supreme Court of the United States of America, which upheld the rights of Nazis to go out and say the stuff that they say. I mean, that's the good thing about free speech. You know where the idiots are. So I don't know what's to investigate. I don't know, and I haven't heard anything about them engaging in criminal behavior. That you might fear the Nazis if they are because of their ideology. I understand the fear and the concern someone of the black community might have for them. But twelve or thirteen, I think you outnumber them like a gazillion to one, and you know what, you'd have the support of the vast majority of every citizen in the United States of America in your efforts to well tell them they're morons and their ideology is stupid. But I personally have political opinions. Everybody knows in Ro's I can't thank you for listening to the show. I'm a little ill libertarian and I expouse small government and the right for you to decide where you want to spend your money and who you want to sleep with. Should I be investigated, I haven't committed any acts of crime. Just think, you know, think about it. Five thirty eight, call into it. We can further discuss this. I know it's a real hot topic this week because of the idiots that gathered on the bridge in Lincoln Heights. Stick around, be right back after these brief words.
Speaker 6: This is fifty five KARC an iHeartRadio station in today's market.
Speaker 1: About krcity Talk station, and try to have a happy Monday. Before I get stuck and stupid. Going to go over to the phone. It's got Dennis on the phone. Dennis, thanks for calling this morning, Welcome in the Morning show.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I work in trucking in the Cincinnati area and we're watching on the camera. One of our drivers told us about this over effort, and I would about guarantee about ninety five percent that those quote unquote Nazis, if you're following them back to where they were coming from, probably the FBI building over off on the guvernment, probably the holdovers that don't want to get fired by cash.
Speaker 8: To tell.
Speaker 1: Honest, leave that sit out there, Dennis. It's easy for people to come up with conclusions like that given the stuff that we actually know has happened at the FBI and other of our government agencies. Yeah, I mean it lends itself to create to come up with these hypotheses, these theories. These some say conspiracy theories, some say pattern of observations. Yeah, no one knows. And you know what's with the whole idea of completely covering and masking oneself truly truly believe in something. Aren't you able to just go out into the world unmasked and voice your opinion. We got bad actors on all sides of the ledger. They have to cover themselves up completely all my god, facial recognition software is literally everywhere. Cameras are literally everywhere. Anyhow, I'd just like to observe that. You know, if you want to walk into a neighborhood like Lincoln Heights waving a Nazi flag and talking about white supremacy, I think you might invite a beat down. And honestly, I think I mean and Joe Strecker did say they were engaged in criminal activity. Said the following day apparently they tore down some signs that people had placed up talking about damage cars. That was it. I did not see that in the news. Thank you Joe Strecker for paying closer attention to what's going on locally than I have been. But damaging cars equal arrest. Standing around screaming nonsense about your political ideology is part of free speech. Read your First Amendment and look at the case law supporting it. Not to say their message is welcome, but opinions are like sphincters. Everybody's got one. Let's see here real quick, here I get to the one of the stackers. Stupid. You can call in and chime in. I love to hear from you. Left winging, vampire obsessed after school program teacher accused of sexually abusing two young girls for years at a Harlem school in New York and filming the child sexual abuse material. According to the new lawsuit report of the New York Post, Amen, twenty six year old Miles McNeil, after school program teacher whose online alter ego pushed communist propaganda and fetishized vampires if that's not enough, allegedly touched and photographed young students naked bodies, had them assume sexual position, and showed them pictures of the genitalia of other kids while threatening them to stay silent, according to victims and core papers. Lawsuit further alleged the staff and supervisors at Public School one eighty five in this after school program failed to follow rules requiring staff to never be alone with children for empty classrooms to remain locked. They alleged these failures enabled McNeil to abuse the young girls for three years. Complaint also alleges the administrators didn't properly punish McNeil after he was discovered by another staffer alone in an empty classroom with a second grader straddling his lap. McNeil reportedly suspended for a one day. Child's father was told that his child was at fault. I can't believe I just read those words. The child was at fault. Arrested February first, last year. Charge was sexual abusing an eight year old girl. Court document's alleged police found fifty two electronic devices in his possession. He pleaded not go to the criminal charges posted. Bail. Case is still pending. One of the girls reportedly suicidal. Both nine year olds are traumatized, according to their families. They said they're deeply concerned the child sexual abuse materia could follow all of the girls for the rest of their lives. Okay, we're just gonna go ahead and give them the biggest douche.
Speaker 9: Oferies, the biggest douche of the universe, in all the galaxies, there's no bigger douche than you. You've reached the top, the pinnacle of douche. Dum good going, Does your dreams have come true?
Speaker 1: More stack of stupid or phone calls coming up?
Speaker 10: Stick around me right back fifty five krs.
Speaker 1: Five fifty one fifty five kr city talk station back to stack is stupid. We can do an also mention follow up sort of a winner of the Biggest douche Universe to this guy. Roland Edward Brown is sixty three, described as a pervert, was caught stealing and sniffing children's socks at a Utah fun fun plex, now facing numerous felony charge yeah I know, after police said a search of his residence and electronic device turned up multiple files of child porn. Probe that this guy began last year after an employee of the Rush Funplex called police to report that a suspicious guy was stealing socks at this children's complex. Court a probable cause avida of police investigation revealed that Brown stole multiple children's socks and the Rush Funplex in West Jordan Salt Lake City suburb. Additionally, Roland seen sniffing the stolen snocks, socks and taking multiple pictures of children playing. Obviously alarmed by the concerning behavior, cops secure to warrant to raid his home. During the search of his electronic devices, who was found they had multiple files of child sexual abuse material. They also discovered several images of children around the area trying on shoes or just the children in his feet. Brown arrested charge with ten counts each of aativated sexual exploitation of a minor sexual exploitation of a minor. He also is accused of tampering with a witness of felony after it was found that Roland attempted to have a witness lie to the court. Ruling that there was quote substantial evidence close quotes against him. The judge ordered to be held without bail, noting that if released, he would constitute a substantial danger to any other individual order the community who is likely to flee the jurisdiction. What is with people? There's no flag for us, you know, and you're right, there shouldn't be. Let's go to Forsyth, Georgia, where a man allegedly barked like a dog in an autopart store for over an hour. Why are you doing that? Police made a well what they say is a not so shocking discovery and searching his vehicle. Court to the incident of report. Police responded to a call from the owner of Advanced Autoparts location regard a man who had been at the store for over an hour and was barking like a dog. That's actually in the report. Officers showed up found twenty nine year old Jonathan Navis. One question, said he had no idea that he was causing any issues, please, said, They asked him for his identification, he told it was in his car. Okay. Officers said that when they've approached the car, they found quote a clear baggie containing syringes close quote the passenger seat, which prompted a search of the vehicle, during which they found a bag of clear crystal subjects, which the officers ultimately confirmed was drum roll meth amphetamine as this tradition. Uh for his part, and Vos allegedly told police the syringes were full of blood. All right, we'll end with this one. Two married police officers who had sex in front of their children were arrested. New Jersey police landed in what they say, hot water after allegedly shared naked images of themselves with their children of the background. According to authorities, Officer Brian Dibiasse fired from the Hamilton Police Department January thirty first, following allegation he used a messaging app to distribute quote image and video files of suspected child sexual exploitation and EVA, why you're doing that? No idea thirty nine year old Obasi and his wife, Mercer County Sheriff's Office officer Elizabeth Debassi forty two arrested. Both arrested January twenty ninth. Investigation of the pair began a week following the report from the National Center for Missing Your Exploited Children about the images. Authorities claimed Debossi shared thirty six media files containing explicit photos and videos of his wife with children in close proximity. Also access chat logs in which the Bossi has claimed to have quote mentioned children being present while he and his wife had sex clothes quote. Faces charges including allowing a child to partake in a sexual act for photograph filming filming purposes, engaging in sexual conduct harmful to child's morals, possessing less than a thousand items of child's sexual abuse material, distributing sexual abusement to imagery, and possessing such materials with intent to distribute. His wife charged with engaging in sexual conduct that would corr up the morals of a child. Wow, just just wow, five fifty six fifty five carse the talk stations stick around, plenty to talk about in the seventh and the six o'clock I love hearing from you. Maybe got some further comments, feel free to call. I'll be right back. Covering Trump's first one hundred days every.
Speaker 11: Day, America's deadline is over.
Speaker 3: Fifty five gars the talk station get an Egos.
Speaker 1: Coming up on six O sex A fifty five Garricy the Talk station, Ryan Thomas right here, wish you never went a very happy Monday. Hope you had a wonderful weekend. Congratulations to the Eagles forty to twenty two. I laughed out loud quite a few times during the first half, of course, went to bed at the at halftime, so I didn't watch the halftime show? Was it as bad as I see all the reports telling me it was bad? Joe that you said you watch the whole thing. If I was over twenty five, I probably hated it, Okay, that I didn't miss anything. Your kids did like it? Okay, fair enough, Joe quote. I did not understand it, although his children enjoyed it. Anyhow. If you feel like Colin got something to talk about, feel free to call five one, three, seven four nine, Fife five eight hundred and eighty two to three Talk Pound FI fifty on eight and T founds and uh. Joe provided me with an update, and I guess at Local twelve hit a little more information than I was aware of. After that neo Nazi group or alleged neo Nazi group was up in Lincoln Heights on the bridge. You know, idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots. Of course, a lot of people don't believe they really were Neo Nazis. You do have an open carry law in Ohio, and it doesn't matter what political affiliation you are, You're allowed to carry open And I know some people don't like that. And personally, as a huge Second Amendment fan and someone who gets great thrills out of going to the gun range and shooting paper or steel targets or clay pigeons, I don't like open carry. I don't, but you can have it. Of course, Supreme Courts on record saying even if you are a Nazi, you can go out and spew Nazi crap to the world, which is I always loved the point out. That's the good thing about free speech. You know who the idiots are. Anyway, some local guy apparently the following day, was trying to spread the message of love, countering the message of hate obviously promoted by the neo Nazis, if they were Last Name's bone cutter, which I thought was rather interesting. So you can only fight hate with love. So I felt like it was important of the message out in place where Lincoln Heights, where I know is feeling scared, putting up love signs, promoting love, promoting unity. Concerned citizen boarded into the group that their cars were being damaged. Now here's where crime comes in. You can't arrest people for their idiot's speech, but you sure can arrest them if they're committing damage to automobiles. He said, he was warned. He said, Hey, they're damaging you guys cars. They're smashing windows, he said. He continued to hang the signs. He discovered that his SUV and another couple vehicles that had their cars smashed by rocks. Apparently this neat so called neo Nazi group arrived in a U haul on Friday, and apparently a U haul was seen near the vehicles where the vandalism occurs. Was it the same one? Somebody got a license plate down, that'd be a helpful piece of information for law enforcement, the license plate of the obviously rented vehicle to be able to track it down figure out who rented it. That would answer a lot of questions that are spiraling around out there. So they got back to the parking lot, he found dozens of Lincoln Heights residents and thank God for them giving their support. He said, they were taping up my windows, vacuuming out my car where the glass was broken, giving me hugs. I just couldn't say enough about that community. He said, that's family. And apparently, during the initial Neo Nazi rally on Friday, and this was something I wasn't aware of, the Lincoln Heights residence demanded the group leave and broke through law enforcement barricades and set fire to one of the Neo Nazis flag, forcing the Neo Nazis to depart, which is the kind of reaction I would expect from the residents of Lincoln Heights if they're invaded by a bunch of not well, it was even a bunch of Nazis with twelve or thirteen of them, which, as I mentioned in the last hour, was probably every single one if they were Nazis, every single one that actually exists. They're idiots. Their philosophy is batcrap insane. I have an entire stack of failure in front of me, and it all relates to green projects. Let's start with the ev buses. Biden administration awarded some Canadian electric bus company called Lion Electric one hundred and sixty million dollars of your hard earned taxpayer money to manufacture hundreds of battery powered buses for school districts across this great Lion of Bars part of its climate agenda. Sorry, Lion initiated bankruptcy, proceeding laid off almost all of its employees, the ones that at least were building the buses, and stopped its manufacturing operations. Hmmm, leaving dozens of school districts questioning whether they're going to receive the buses that the Biden administration promised them. I think the answers pretty much know. Lyon has yet to deliver ninety five million dollars worth of electric buses to fifty five districts that were promised it across the country. Don Wallace, superintendent of Ohio Valley School District in Adams County. At this time, we were working through the proper channels and keeping our attorneys abreast of the situation. They ordered buses from Lyon, and they said, no buses have been delivered to our district. Were on hold, and you're going to stay on hold. Too, because the company went belly up sort of points out, raising questions about whether the recipients of literally billions and billions of dollars of your money on green spending were vetted properly hmm, or whether federal officials looked the other way when doing out funds to Lion, which had been apparently struggling financially for years. And of course, green energy companies like Line dependent on government funding and fail even after winning lucrative government contracts. Remember Soleindra. Yeah, there's a great illustration of it. Between October twenty two and May twenty four, the Biden administration awarded Lion a total of one hundred and five one hundred nine fifty nine million dollars, which was supposed to manufacture four hundred and thirty five bus buses. This under the EPA's five billion with a Big Clean School Bus program. Lyon the third largest beneficiary of the program created by Democrats twenty twenty one Infrastructure Bill. Do you remember that one? Don't you? Lyon got the funding became Biden administration's favorite while struggling to turn a profit. You had took in millions of dollars of loans less than two weeks before the EPA gave Yan eighty two point seven million dollars. That was in October. At twenty two, the company reported it to investors that had lost seventeen point two million dollars in the prior three months alone. Since twenty twenty lions losses three hundred and one point six million dollars get a load of its stock price. Since January twenty twenty one, the stock price went from thirty three dollars and forty eight cents per share to eight cents. Apparently, the company stopped reporting at share price on its website back in December, and they said, I think the free beacon on this one. Give credit where credits due. Lion got a slap on the risk from the Securities Exchange Commission last year after misreporting several key figures. March twenty twenty four, group of investors hit Line with a class action lawsuit, ledging the company withheld the truth about supply chain problems and misled investors using grossly unrealistic financial projections. Amid the struggles, though the company assured investors during a November earnings call, I love this statement. It remained quote well positioned to benefit from continued strong regulatories tailwinds. Close quote referencing the clean school bus program in the EPA's three billion dollar Clean Port Program regulatory tail ones. You know what that means. We're in good financial shape because the government is dolling out moneys to our failed company thanks to regulations which if regulations did not exist, this company wouldn't have in a dime, would never have made any money in the first place. We're supporting failed entities, failed institutions, and propping up businesses that produced products that know every one wants to buy in a real world. A month after that November earnings call, that's when Line filed for bankruptcy protection in Canada. They started a bankruptcy proceedings in an Illinois federal court weeks after. It laid off all of its employees, with the exception of one hundred and fifty of them who were tasked with customer service and maintenance duties. They halted production at their nine hundred thousand square foot manufacturing facility in Joliet, Illinois, opened only eighteen months earlier, amid a huge ceremony including Governor JB. Prinzker's Senator Dick Durban and Tammy Duckworth, at which Pritzker said of the ceremony, the future of Illinois relies on dependable clean energy jobs. Local officials said that plant would bring fourteen hundred jobs to the reason and not. That's just one of about ten articles I have on failed green energy products projects rather failed billions. And you know, all of this is unrelated to the work that this DOGE department is doing. And if I hear another person complain about Elon Musk not elected in not explaining doctor Fauci wasn't elected or wasn't elected, this is the government is filled with unelected officials and maybe therein lies the problem. Twenty two to three Route forty two between Mason eleven has a Friday night date night every week. I love this concept because I, uh, when I was a single man. Yeah, I did take dates to the range, and I'm recommending you do it anyway. Two people shoot for an hour for a twenty one dollars lane fee. Valentine's Day on Friday evening makes it perfect, so don't stress about your plans. Go to twenty two to three dot com and click on the Valentine's Day link right in the homepage. Leaving get two Valentine's Day targets, So do something together. Head to twenty two three on Valentine's Day or really any day. Has some fun again on Route forty two between Mason and eleven and online the number twenty two fly by the word three spelled out twenty two three dot com fifty five KRC. This is Ashley can at a from the Ben and Ashley I six twenty fifty five Krcity talk station in five one, three, seven, four nine fifty eight hundred eight two three talking to go straight to the phone and welcome all callers, and we'll go in the order in which they'll receive, which means Bobby is first. Bobby, welcome to the show, my brother.
Speaker 12: A simple thank you can't express our true feelings with appreciation you carring that torture, freedom, high and bride every day.
Speaker 3: My brother.
Speaker 1: Thanks man. I do appreciate the kind words.
Speaker 3: Hey.
Speaker 12: I believe in in peaceful protest. But these boys from California and Tennessee driving these vehicles down there, and they just don't have any experience. They need to get us some glowed sticks. Go down the East Price Hill about mid nine, start looking down the sidewalks. That is a good piece or protest.
Speaker 1: You talk about the Nazis whatever.
Speaker 3: Do you think they were?
Speaker 12: But they were not Caucasian wrapped up in those outfits were.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I did not see them personally. I just saw the overhead view and it looked like there was maybe twelve or thirteen of them, which is I've pointed out several times this morning probably represents the entire quantity of clan members in the country, and they cover themselves up completely. Why is that? You know, are they afraid to reveal who they are and the message that they're spreading. They leave people to invite speculation as to whether they're really Nazis or not. I mean, I don't know. You know, the only time I've ever heard of a black Nazi is that Dave Chappelle comedy routine, the blind guy who's black who hates Black people. I mean, it was just it was side splittingly funny. He got a little controversy over it, but he made some pretty comedic points about it. But beyond that, they typically, at least I've understood him, a bunch of stupid, racist white people. So why would you cover yourself up if you don't really truly embrace them believe in your message. How come you're not out in public talking about it more often? Because no one embraces your message or or their plants designed to stir the pot of division. And somehow Donald Trump gets blamed for that little demonstration. I mean, what the hell is that all about?
Speaker 3: Go?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Trump put them there? What God, Bobby, thank you for helping me again further reveal the absurdity of this entire situation. But you know what, they had a big anti rally over faith leaders in Lincoln Heights. I got a whole bunch of people together to protest the Nazis. And fine, I welcome that that spread the message of love exactly, but maybe maybe just raise a jaundiced eye of skepticism that those were really Nazis showing up in your neighborhood. And how I mean, maybe you can say, yes, they had to be Nazis, because first off, only Nazis would embrace that stupid concept of a philosophy. It will be dumb enough to go into the most predominantly black neighborhood that exists in the greater Cincinnati area. Thirteen of them or twelve of them outnumbered much potential beat down perhaps, And you know, juries don't have to convict you, like if you beat down a Nazi and you were tried for beating down a Nazi. I mean, the jury doesn't have to convict you. They can just say, you know what, no, how about not guilty, Mississippi James. Good to hear from you, man, Welcome back to the Morning Show. Hey, good morning, brother Brian.
Speaker 3: No Lincoln, Heke got some pressure issues out there. But this is a question that I've been pondering the last couple of weeks now, speaking of de firm in action, consit to create all those programs that was established for a certain reason, Adam beginning to ask the question do you think they was necessary? And I'll tell you why. I expect portion after I hear you am.
Speaker 1: No, I don't. I've been regularly pointing out because I'm coming to grips with my own mortality lately, Mississippi James, coming up on sixty years old in September. While we're nine months away from that, I still feel like it's creeping up. But in my existence, I have encountered racism. But you know what, over my entire life, during my working career, I have worked with many people of varying backgrounds, ethnicities, colors, creeds, races, the whole nine yards. I have worked with extraordinary, competent people of color. I never looked down on them, thought anything about it. Everything seemed to be working on Fine. I've worked. I have lived in states that were you know, had senators that were black and Asian, and we've had governors and Ken Blackwell was the mayor of the city of Cincinnati in nineteen eighty. I mean, I haven't I just know, I don't think DEI mean the problem with DII is the equity part diversity cool inclusion. Fine, yeah, I don't care what sexuality somebody is. I want the best and brightest. I want merit to rule the day. Equity is the antithesis of merit. It's when you hire people based upon some racial checkbox or some sexual checkbox, not because they're the best in the group of people applying for the job, but only because they fit some social expectation created by a bunch of I don't know sociologists in college. I have no idea your your comments.
Speaker 3: Okay, and it's come out of you know, seeing these growing up and seeing these white only signs are either colored waiting area.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, Jim Crow and.
Speaker 3: That stuff put it there. So a lot of program prevented people from moving forward.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but sixty four Civil Rights Act ended all of that. Litigation ended all of that. It is absolutely outright illegal to discriminate or say whites only and serve only white people or forced black people to sit in the back of the bus.
Speaker 3: So that was a part of it. Yeah, you know, it ended on the leglation side. Then you had to do a physical part to make it better.
Speaker 1: The Civil War was the original act of defiance, and a lot of white people fought for the liberation and freedom of slaves in the South. That's where it starts. But it takes time to change the hearts and minds of people. And that's when Jim crowch showed up and you started having laws enacted locally that ultimately were overturned by the Supreme Court of the United States of America because they were fundamentally at odds with the Fourteenth Amendment and other amendments the United States Constitution. I mean time changes hearts and minds, and I appreciate and embrace the efforts of folks like doctor Martin Luther King Junior. But even he was against equity, content of character, not color of skin. So over time change hearts and minds, and I'm part of that group of people whose hearts and minds were changed over time. I didn't grow up in a racist environment. I didn't grow up in a family that said black people were somehow inferior to anybody else. I grew up in a household that said, get your butt into school and study and learn something so you can eat and pay for yourself. Thankfully it worked out, I've always said many times, and here it comes yet again. The greatest gift my parents gave me after the existence my existence life was their insistence that I get an education. Appreciate your call, James, always do six twenty fifty five krs. The talk station looks like I got Gary and Mark online. Hang on, guys, we'll get to you just a second. First Foreign Exchange, Westchester. Location of foreign Exchange is the one I always recommend. That's Tylersville Eggs that off of seventy five two streets East, hanging right on Kinglin. You are there, and you are going to be in front of great people. Treat you like family. Your car will be worked on by an a SE certified Master technician with data access to your manufacturers technical information, even software updates. They do it all exotic, run of the mill, anything in between. If it's a traditional imported car or a Tesla, it's they service Teslas. Does your Tesla ever need service? I don't know how those things work anyway. They service them at Foreign Exchange. And the ultimate point of taking your car to Foreign Exchange and not the dealer is you don't have to pay as much full warranty on parts and service and substantial money savings. I've been experiencing it for years and years, and I love those folks at Foreign Exchange. I know they will treat you great, and I know you'll be quite satisfied with the work they do in your car. Make an appointment. It's five one three six four four twenty six twenty six five one three six four four twenty six, twenty six online. You will find them at Foreign x for on the letter acts dot com. Fifty five KRC six fifty five KRCD talk station five one three seven fifty five eight tenity two three talk at seven callers online again order in which they received, which means New Hampshire. Gary's next. Thanks for calling. Gary, always good to hear from you.
Speaker 11: Good morning, Brian.
Speaker 13: Hey, I was just talking to Joe. I've seen these guys around, and you know, it just strikes me very obviously that most conservatives I know are always fighting the battle of the bulls. If these guys were skinny, athletic looking, you know, I'm thinking they could have gone to you know, back to the FBI. I mean, you know, just saying that, you know, did I say that out well?
Speaker 1: And Gary, Gary, you'd believe they're real neo Nazis if they were fat? Is that is?
Speaker 8: That?
Speaker 1: Is that the takeaway?
Speaker 13: Well, no, I'm saying if they were conservatives, real real conservatives, they would have been fat.
Speaker 7: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Most of them have.
Speaker 13: They have a tendency to fight the battle of the bulls. Really, you know, I know, I fight it myself, you know.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm you know, I'm glad we could find some levity in this controversial subject. Gary, and I say that honestly, honestly, maybe they were on ozepic. Jeff, Welcome to the show. Happy Monday morning, Brian.
Speaker 14: I ended up I had no interest in the Super Bowl last night, but my daughter wanted to watch it, so I ended up watching a little bit of it before I put her to bed, ended up seeing the halftime show, and I was actually a little bit happy with the halftime show with what looked like the message was all red, white and blue, and he looked very patriotic. Yeah, but and looking at it, I'm just curious it was intended to be racist because I didn't see a single white person performing.
Speaker 1: Hmm. Well, I could be wrong, and I don't know, and I can't comment on it because as soon as the after the two minute warning in the first half, I packed up went to bed. Thankfully, the Eagles were ahead, and when I woke up this morning, I found they had clobbered about It's forty to twenty two. As to the halftime show, Jess Drecker said his kids liked it, but he didn't understand it. I've also seen regular cost several comments online and I don't know whether this is true or not that one of the acts actually used the N word in singing a song. Oh there was only one act, Okay, well, see Joe. I don't know. I know there's more than one person involved in the production of the halftime thing. I anyway, draw your own conclusions. Appreciate the call, Jeff, I do six thirty five mark if you don't mind holding on your next five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two three talk Every Federal Credit Union a better way to bank. I love those folks at Emory, been backing with them for a long time. And I can compare in contrast because I admit that I do have a bank account at one of the big banks. But I love banking with Emory, and you will too. And you know when you when you become a member at Emory Federal Credit Union, twenty five dollars is in your pocket. And then when you refer friends and colleagues and neighbors about the benefits of banking with Emery, they will get twenty five dollars when they become a member, and so will you. So earn some extra cash by helping your loved ones unlock a world of financial opportunities. EMORYFCU dot org get all the details right there. Certain restrictions apply with offers like this is always the case, So EMORYFCU dot org for the benefits of banking and the details Animalist number four zero one zero eight seven. They're federally ensured by NCUA, and of course they're an equal housing lender.
Speaker 6: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: Stick shitty talk station. Christopher Smithman coming up at seven twenty. Maybe he'll have a comment on the Lincoln Heights neo Nazi demonstration.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I never know what Christal wants to talk about. I always love having on the show. Good Man, he is Brian James Money Monday, eight oh five, and a return of Mandy Gonna sec rob with the book Y'all Fired. We had her on the show last October and we're gonna get her insight about what she thinks about Doge and the draining of the swamp. Mark, thank you so much for holding over the break. Welcome to the show. Happy Monday to you.
Speaker 15: Hey, Happy Monday, Brian, Good morning. Joe missed the opportunity on the phrasey button during Jarry's call.
Speaker 1: Any anyway, Yeah, I let it go all that other balls.
Speaker 15: Oh never mind. Well, the reason for my call is uh I just wanted to give a shout out to the VA and uh I was back in the fall. My primary care noticed that my PSA levels were starting to elevate, and uh, so he ordered an MRI and then unfortunately, uh came down with cross day cancer. So I mean, I followed your recommendations along a couple other you know, tender care, fireplaces, stoves, a free group. But you know, AC, I'm not going to be doing OEC. But my care at the VA has been phenomenal good. Uh MRI, MRI. They did a blood marrow scan, came back negative. Good, and I'm scheduled for surgery on the twenty seventh. So everybody that you know you're listening audience, if you work at the VA, you.
Speaker 1: Guys are awesome.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I am so pleased now you you know they got ahead it. You got on this right away because you're watching your PSA levels. Yeah, my doctor neff over at Claremont County. Good well and see. And that's words of encouragement to other listeners out there to stay on top of that, because you can get ahead and you can beat prostate cancer if you catch it early enough before it metastasizes them before it gets in. I mean, Lord, almighty man, I'm praying for you, but and I can't I am so pleased you're getting good care of the VA. That's kind of what I expect from what I hear from my listeners. Now, obviously there are bumps in the road from time to time, but you know that you're getting really good quality care. I mean, you know, that's that's that's the final analysis point there, right right right.
Speaker 15: I don't notice too, they don't you know, they might have something personal going on in their life and stuff like that, they're having a bad day, but it never reflects on their care for the veterans. I have never encountered a rude you know, nurse doctor, just volunteers.
Speaker 3: So I just want to let you know I'm keep you updated, Im.
Speaker 1: How end, I'm really happy for you, and I'll pray for you, and I'm glad you got out ahead of this thing. And I'm very confident with you know what we've got going on in terms of cancer research and treatments, that you're going to kick its butt. And I think we can all collectively agree cancer sucks, right, Jim Keefer. Yeah, Yeah, Amen, Thanks Mark, God love you and best of health you. Let's see what Linda's got this morning. Linda, thanks for calling. Welcome to the fifty five RC Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Let's all pray for him.
Speaker 1: Amen.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to know if you remember when Obama first came into office, all of a sudden, they were giving out free phones to all these people. Some girls stood there and said, look what I got. She was so excited, and they said, well, where did the money come from? And she said, I don't know. It came from Obama's stash somewhere. And my husband the other night said, guess what, we just found Obama's stash. That's all I wanted.
Speaker 1: Elon Musk has figured it out for all of us. Linda unelected it. Oh my god, he's not. Gonnacted said like everybody about every other person in government who's unelected. Man, he's sparreting out all kinds of stuff. I love this one real quick. Here I go over to the DOGE outlined the list of what he called, in his words, super obvious changes that Doge plans to make at the US Treasury Department over the weekend, in spite of the fact that now they've been blocked out of getting access to the US Department of Treasuries documents. He said, officials that Treasury are working to make the government books more simple to audit, bring more accountability. Changes also require treasure employees to more frequently update the congressional quote do not pay close quote list highlighting fraudsters and legal fronts must said. Nobody in treasury management cared enough before. I do want to credit the working level people in Treasury who have wanted to do this for many years but have been stopped by prior management. Everything a Treasury was geared towards complaint minimization. People who receive money don't complain, but people who don't receive money, especially fraudsters, complain very loudly, so the fraud was allowed to continue. He said. The above above super obvious and necessary changes are being implemented by existing, longtime career government employees, not anyone from DOGE. DOGE has no ability. It only is a light shiner, the sanitation of light shining on things the disinfectant that is much needed in government given all the fraud, waste, and abuse they've uncovered in a short period of time time, he said, it's ridiculous that these changes didn't exist already. Yesterday, I was told that there are currently over one hundred billion dollars a year of entitlement payments to individuals with no SOCIS security number or even a temporary ID number. If accurate, this is extremely suspicious. Stating it lightly. When I asked anyone if anyone at Treasury had a rough guess for what percentage of that number is unequivocal and obvious fraud, the consensus in the room was about half. So fifty billion dollars a year or one billion dollars weekly. This is utterly insane and must be addressed immediately. Amen. No criticism came just after a federal judge blocked him and the Doge group from the access to the Treasury Department systems. It's an interesting timing on that, isn't it. I mean, he's only been around a couple of weeks, and here's one hundred billion dollars, maybe fifty billion. But I'll take either one fraud wasted abuse identified almost in a moment's time, one area of government. And this is all independent of all the fraud wasted abuse we've discovered over at USAID. And he's creeping into every area of government, coming next and coming soon and welcome by the Trump administration and Pete hegsat a thorough deep dive into military spending, something I've been advocating for years since they failed seven or eight audits. They can't even audit their own books. And you know me, I love the American military, and I love those veterans who proudly served their country. And I support all those young people who enlisted. What will we do without him? But do I support eight hundred and ninety billion dollars going to America's military when we have so much massive fraud, wasted abuse, or presumably so given that they can't even get audited. Bring it on, Bring the accounts in ring Alon Muskin. Bring a nineteen year old that is smarter than everyone in the room. But you love that. People complaining about nineteen year old computer hacking capable individuals, code writers, they are people who are capable of ferreting out this kind of thing, even at that young age. What's his name, David Hogg? Joe who's complaining about that the other day on the heels of advocating that sixteen year olds get the voting right. Okay, try to reconcile those two positions. Six forty eight fifty five kc DE talk station color electric excellent electricians. They are Andrew Cullen has a fantastic team of electricians. They're all obviously licensed and they are great at customer service, which is important as a homeowner. I expect high level of customer service and that's what I've always gotten when Colin Electrics come over to my place, and I know they'll treat you as just as well as they treat me. That's why they enjoy an aplus with a better business bureau, you get a tend your wiring warranty on all the work they do for you on any size project, from wiring up your whole house with modern A wiring as opposed to the nob and tube or aluminum wiring UH. Theatre rooms they wire those up well, outlet installations, canlights, you know, whole home generators, whatever you got by way of electric projects and residential UH situations. Family owned and operated since nineteen ninety nine, Y're in great hands with Cullen Electric. Schedule the appointment five one three two two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four one one two or do it online. Learn more at Cullin ce U l E and Culin Electriccincinnati dot com.
Speaker 4: Fifty five krc's fifty two.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRCD Talk station. Been a very happy Monday, Pa, I hope it's happy anyway. Christopher Smith is coming up at seven twenty. That always puts a smile on my face. I hope you enjoy hearing from the former vice mayor with this smither event. Monday Monday with Brian James, Ada more tariffs. Trump's announced tariffs on China steel and aluminum and surprising nobody and stayed in the obvious topic Number two, ensure rates are going up, up, up and up is on there three times. And finally, how much are you spending on Valentine's Day? My wife, who is tuned in, knows the answer to that question. And again that was the day we got engaged. Smart move on my part, and Paulette, I can't thank you enough for saying yes. Coming up on thirty three years in June anyhow, married out of my element, I'll kick my coverage and congratulations of the Eagles for putting a smile on my face. I had to go to bed before or I had a halftime at forty twenty two. I woke up this morning and found that out also, I guess Taylor Swift found out that not everybody loves her. Well, how you feel, you know if you you know, you sell out concerts and people are willing to spend three thousand dollars or whatever for a scalp ticket to get into your concert. And then when you go to the Super Bowl and show up and stick your head out or show up on the jumbo tron, everybody booze. Donald Trump had a much better experience. So apparently he got a standing ovation or a man massive round of applause from the fans that were there. So apparently doing something right for somebody. Ah, let us see here, uh oh, I was doing these energy projects and a bunch of them getting canceled. Another one in New Jersey Offshore Wind Developments is out of business last week, the largest of three such projects to fail in spite of the fact that they got a lot of tax dollars Shell Energy Giant Shell. Yes, that Shell Company wrote off fifty percent stake in Atlantic Atlantic Shores, taking a one billion dollar impairment. Instead of completing the twenty eight hundred megawatt wind farm, New Jersey Board of Public Utilities canceled its request for the wind energy provider, leaving an unfinished project with no prospective customer. Now, why did it fail? Well, the rate payers in the area can rejoice. Atlantic Shores would have charged about three times the market price for the power it generated, that, according to a review by White Strand Consulting, would have raised electricity rates by eleven percent for residents thirteen to fifteen percent for businesses, forcing them to overpay by forty eight billion dollars for the wind farms lifetime. Again, a project that had no demand tax dollars, supported the concept and had it moving forward, and then smarter people like Shelle decided, you know what, we're not going to do this. We're not going down that road. It's just an ever growing pile of articles and stories about this exact same outcome for these so called green energy projects. It's fake. Six fifty five stick around, I got more to talk about off top of the hour news, Your calls are quite welcome, and then we'll hear from Christopher Smith and at seven twenty.
Speaker 15: From a full rundown and the biggest ten lines there's minutes away at the top of the hour. I'm giving you a fact now, Americans should know fifty five cares the talk station.
Speaker 16: This report is sponsored by.
Speaker 1: Extra seven five had fifty five per CD talk station and Happy Monday, trying to make it happy anyway, Always a happy Monday for you when I see the rundown includes Christopher Smithman will be on at seven twenty with the smith Event, former Vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati. I don't know if I have had anything to say about the so called neo Nazis that were hanging up in Lincoln Heights, just obviously it got a lot of reaction, and I've seen the reaction. I heard reaction from a lot of my listeners this morning questioning whether those were really Nazis or not. So you can't tell when someone's completely covered up head to toe. And we have been made aware of prior events which included people who really weren't advocating what was being advocated in the protest. So were they plants designed to well elicit a response. They certainly got the community Lincoln Heights up, and aren't They had a big counter protests, and good for them and I and I've been saying all morning, you know they're there if you truly believe in that ideology, I can with a straight face and firm in my convictions call you an idiot. Obviously not a widely embraced concept Nazism. You'd have clubs and chapters all over the place. They would advertise and they wouldn't be afraid to show their face. No, it's an unpopular message. It's a message widely well discouraged. If i'll just be light light put that lightly, and I just got to observe if you're a real Nazi and you want to go carrying around, uh, you know, a white guy's rule kind of message in Lincoln heights, be prepared to get a beat down at minimum, and for the general public to applaud those they've given you the beatdown. Anyhow, I'll leave it to Christopher address that if he chooses to. I never know what he wants to talk about. So Christopher, if you're out there, you go in any direction you want five one, three, seven, four nine fifty eight hundred eight two three talk top five fifty on AT and T phone. Senator John Kennedy, Republican, I Love of Louisiana, responding to DOGE the Department of Government Efficiencies revelation of what usaid was spent on pointing out something that I agree with him, wholeheartedly on Musku is doing what the American people have wanted for years, he said, But in Washington, common sense is illegal, and I just see the Democrats screaming and yelling about taking this money away, like seriously. Courrty's Senator John Kennedy found that the USA, it has ten thousand people, ten thousand employees. Every year they give away forty billion dollars, sprinkling it all over the grobe. Usaid gave money to support electric vehicles in Vietnam. Vietnam, that's your earnings. He found that the USA gave money to a transgender clinic in India. Quote I didn't know that, that is, Senator John Kennedy. I didn't know that. I bet you the American people didn't know that. Now he's in a position to at least have access to this information. How in the hell did that money get awarded to a transgender clinic in India? USA gave one point five million dollars to a Serbian LGBTQ group, he said, anyway, they got one point five million to quote advanced diversity, equity inclusion in Serbian workplaces and business communities. I just scratched my head over this. They Doge found the USA ustate spent one hundred and sixty four million dollars to support radical organizations around the world. He so we're not talking about cub Scout troops, We're talking about radical organizations. They gave one hundred and twenty two million dollars to group aligned with foreign terrorist organizations, our taxpayer money. According to the report from the Dodge Group, USA had given millions of dollars to organizations in Gaza controlled by Hamas. Why, senator asked, why aren't my colleagues talking about those recipients of money? Good question. Senator Cynthia Lumins also a gassed at finding out where our taxpayer dollars have been going. And you gotta wonder where how come these people won't be more proactive about this For the past how many decades? John F. Kennedy signed USAID into by executive order created at whole cloth back in what early nineteen sixties, and for whatever purpose it was it was put to, it been funded ever since. Didn't anyone ever take a little moment in time to look at this. We had to wait for Donald Trump to be re elected president of the United States of America to tap the brilliance of Elon musk Oh. I know, not everybody really loves or embraces the Guy's a bit of an oddball, I'll grant you that, but he's a proven genius. I got into my son the other day about this. Who's read most come? It's like government is filled with advisors. People are tapped for their expertise, knowledge and experience. He has run successful companies. He's gotten rid of a bunch of employees in various companies he's owned because they didn't provide any value to the company. That's what he's doing to government. That's a target rich environment. Apparently hasn't taken him any moment in time to discover all of this. How many weeks has Donald Trump be president? How many how many hours has Elon musk be at work on this? And look at what we find? Twenty million dollars for a sesame street show rack, twenty five million dollars to promote green transportation in the country of Georgia, eight million dollars to teach Sri Lankan journalists how to avoid binary gender language. Senator Cynthia Lomas, binary gendered language in Sri Lanka, You've got to be kidding me. She's quoted as saying right. And of course, in the money that went to EcoHealth Alliance so we could create bat coronaviruses that infected every one on the planet. Thank you very much for that contribution, Carl, Welcome to the Morning Show.
Speaker 17: It's a wonderful Monday morning in Cincinnati. My four seventy one bridge of aka the Daniel Carter Beard Bridge aka the Big Mac Bridge is open.
Speaker 1: Amazing, isn't it. And that's ahead of schedule.
Speaker 17: Yes, and I would like to give everybody some public service announcements about the bridge. It's our duty as drivers to keep this thing, keep the bridge safe. We don't want to lose any more time or money being stuck out on the bridge or having to take detours. The speed limit on the bridge is fifty five miles per hour. There's nothing more scary to me than to becoming across the bridge at night and finding a disabled vehicle in my lane due to an accident, and have drivers driving seventy miles an hour on either side of me, not allowing me to make any emergency maneuvers. Now, a question of jurisdiction comes up. If you do see an accident on the bridge, call it in. Don't assume that anybody's called it in. Here are the rules. If the accident occurs over the water, then it's Kentucky yeah to the accident. If the accident occurs over land, then it's Cincinnati's duty to respond to an accident. As you can see in this situation that we had where the bridge caught on fire, there was a fire underneath the Bride Bridge. It's Ohio that is having to foot the bill on the expenses because that part of the bridge. Yes, Now, when you call nine one one and you get nine one one in Cincinnati and you tell them I'm heading northbound on the bridge and there's been an accident, don't be surprised that they will tell you that No. I four seventy one does not run north and south. It runs east and west. Boy, what a surprise. Yes, Now, I did some research on this, and actually, if you look at the map, it does run kind of east and west. However, if you listen to the traffic reports, which I do, SORWLW and Schuck Ingram does a wonderful job. The whole team does a wonderful job. They always announced that it runs north and South. Yesterday I spent some time on the computer and looking at Wikipedia. Wikipedia does say that it is a north south connector. So and as you're calling nine one one in Cincinnati, you're going to have dificulty talking to the nine to one one call taker because you're going to be going under overpasses on I seventy one North.
Speaker 1: Call it. It sounds like you've got a lot of experience with this.
Speaker 17: Yes, I'm on the bridge. I'm not on the bridge all the time, but I've been on there way too many times and seeing way too many accidents. And if you listen to the traffic reports, you will hear about accidents on the bridge.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 17: And you know if Cincinnati and Newport do cooperate police departments and that fire departments do cooperate. For example, if there is a bridge accident on the bridge over the land on the northbound side, Cincinnati nine to one one will try to call Newport and see if they can dispatch an officer out there to turn on his emergency lights. It's going to take a while for the Cincinnati ambulance to get to you because they are the ones responsible for responding to the accident. And I guess they have to go all the way over to Kentucky and then come northbound on the bridge.
Speaker 1: Well and going back to your prior point. Drive carefully and we can avoid the accidents in the first place. We won't have to worry about reaching emergency services regardless of which section of the bridge it happens to fall on. Appreciate the info, Carl, I do stay safe out there. It's the same thing with the Towers of Kenwood. You know we're on We're in the Towers at Kenwood and there's an east tower in a west tower, which always confused me because to me, in my mind, Montgomery Road is a north south road. So when you tell somebody we're in the east tower, and they quite often will pull them like, wait a second, that looks like north south. Anyhow, crazy world we live in. Anyway, seven fifteen, we're gonna hear from Christopher Smith of mynext with the Smith event. Really looking forward to that, and I hope you are as well. In the meantime. Chimneycare Fireplace in Stove, Thank you Chimneycare Fireplace and Stow for taking such great care of my listeners over the years. Have been locally own and operated since nineteen eighty eight eight plus with a better business bear on right now, So winter special and sure the safety and warmth of your home. That's what Chimneycare Fireplace and Stove is all about. Everybody loves to gather around the fire. Oh just I dearly love the sort of a romantic enjoyment feeling of the fire in the fireplace. It's just I don't know, I love it. And you got to worry about your safety though, and get a carbon monoxide detector. I'll like to point that out. But right now, the Winter special for you wood burners out there, wood burning sweep and evaluation. It's only one hundred and sixty nine dollars and ninety nine cents plus tax, taking care of the whole thing for you. A video camera inspection, a sweep and full evaluation so you're safe. That's what it's all about. Keep your home safe and then you can keep it cozy. So book your appointment at Chimneycareco Dot com, Chimneycareco dot com or call to schedule the appointment at five one three two four eight ninety six hundred Chimneycare Fireplace is Stove. Enjoy your peace of mind knowing your fireplace is in expert hands.
Speaker 6: This is fifty five karc an iHeartRadio stations ten and nine.
Speaker 1: Weather forecast today. We've got part of the clydest guy's going up at forty degree. He's done to thirty one overnight whin a weather advisor begins at four o'clock tomorrow morning with light snow expected along and south the Higher River. They say maybe one to two inches of snowfall accumulation or just snowfall. I don't know. I it's going to accumulate or not. But rain also tomorrow high thirty five overnight, maybe slick snow. We'll end drove to twenty eight with the winter Winter Winter Weather Advisory ending at officially seventy am on Wednesday, and the cauture light rain in the afternoon evening with a higher forty twenty eight. Right now. Typer traffic from the UCE Health Tramfake Center.
Speaker 10: For more than two hundred years, the experts say, you see health, I've been giving heart patients a chance for better outcomes, and that's boundless care. You can trust expect more at you see heealth dot Com. Highway traffic in pretty good shape this morning northbound seventy five slowing down at the Brins Spence Bridge rather quickly. So I'm looking for a problem in Covington. No delays or problems on inbound seventy four. That's doing fine coming down the hill from North Bend. Chuck cambramin fifty five. Care see the talk Station.
Speaker 1: Seven twenty one if you have cares the Talk station A very happy Monday to you. Always extra special time to be tuned into the morning show because we are blessed, at least I feel that way. To hear from the former Vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati, venting his spleen for the smith event, Christopher Smithman, Welcome back, my friend. Love having you on my show.
Speaker 8: Oh brother, thank you so much for having me each week. And there's so much going on, like most we can't even.
Speaker 1: Keep up with it.
Speaker 8: Oh, I know, I've never felt like this before. Like, where do you even start, Brian Thomas.
Speaker 1: I know, well, welcome to my world. I'd regularly joke at the end of the week, and last week was particularly thick stack of stuff that I didn't get to. You know, I got a realm plus beyond a ream of paper of stories that I couldn't even talk about I get in here in the morning, I bring fifteen twenty maybe more stories that I print off from the day before as I'm doing research for the show, and then I show up in the morning about an hour and a half before the show begins to find out what happened after I went to bed last night, and then ended up printing like fifteen or twenty more articles during that period of time. It seems like it just keeps building and building, and I never get it all in anyway, so it goes Well.
Speaker 8: What I want to talk about is this notion that the President of the United States had to sign an executive order that stated that boys can't compete against girls against sports. That common sense to say that the President of the United States had to sign an executive order that said boys can't compete against girl in sports in the United States of America and then have the NCAA go, oh, yeah, we'll follow what the executive order said. Well, if you cared about girls, if you thought about fairness, you could have responded first and had the courage to stand on your conviction and not wait for the President to walk in with common sense that say, hey, boys can't compete against girl in sports. What an amazing week to have the president sitting there surrounded by girls who are dancers, gymnasts, swimmers, probably in some sport of karate wrestling, whatever the sport was. They're surrounding him looking adorable. He has a pen, He's giving the pins out to all the little girls, saying, I just protected you. So if you go in the boxing ring, you're not going to get knocked out by a dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And you hearing you say it like that, Christopher, You know here we are or in this we're in twenty twenty five, and we have been living with this reality that boys were competing against girls now for the past four or five years, that somehow that was supposed to be normal. Christopher, do you think that has anything to do with the fact that Donald Trump got overwhelmingly elected anything at all? I mean gone, the open borders and the national debt, everything else you can throw in any of the equation, just the mere concept that people refused the scientific fact that there's a chromosomal and of course genital difference between men and women, and that men have a biologically built in advantage from a physical standpoint over women. Like we didn't all know that going in.
Speaker 8: It's this remarkable moment where you know the LGBTQ plus community, by the way, I support I.
Speaker 1: Know I do too. Listen, I think you know, I know.
Speaker 8: Crazy about I just has nothing to do with being anti. This is common sense, you know. And you know I have a son who's openly gay, and so this notion that if you're listening to the audiences out there like baul Man, Smitherman doesn't support the LGBTQ.
Speaker 3: No, I have a daughter.
Speaker 8: I have a beautiful daughter who swims for a phenomenal school in Cincinnati by the name of Seaton. And let me tell you something, guy, we commit our life from September until now. All weekend we've been swimming. I want you to hear this, brother, We've been in the pool all across the state of Ohio. Any parent out there who shaking their head like we have been in swim meets all day Saturday, all day Sunday with our girls and they are literally making the decision of whether they can make it to regionals by a tenth of a second.
Speaker 1: Hit of a second, Yes, sir, hey.
Speaker 8: You're telling me you're gonna put a man or a boy in that race. That could knock out one.
Speaker 3: Of our girls.
Speaker 8: So she's been swimming three years. Some of them are seniors four years. They're trying to get scholarships to colleges. This is their life, man. They wake up in the morning, swim in the afternoon.
Speaker 3: They swim.
Speaker 8: If their diet is their sleep, is their school is everything?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 8: A young lady, her name is Sarah, and hope she can hear.
Speaker 3: Me from Seaton.
Speaker 8: Right. She's swimmed the five hundred, which are twenty laps. Look, man, she won a slot at regionals a tenth of a second. That's all it was. So the President signing that executive order saying boys can't be swimming in pools or boxing rings or wrestling or karate or whatever it is, frack with our girls make all the sense of the world. And politically, Brian Thomas, he's bringing the suburban women home who were saying, you know what, we didn't know how we could deal, how what we thought about Trump. But the reality was is they got in these worlds with their soccer balls, and all of a sudden, they've got boys out.
Speaker 3: There playing against their girls.
Speaker 8: Or they got they've got girls and pools and They've got boys.
Speaker 3: In there swimming against.
Speaker 8: Their daughters, and people woke up and said, listen, we've lost our common sense, and we had to have a President of the United States this week sign in executive order telling the NCAA and the Olympics that girls get to get to participate in their sports and we're going to protect them.
Speaker 1: Coming through liven career, Christopher pause, We'll bring you back. You give me Vietnam flashbacks thinking about my time on the Marlins in high school swimming with all that talk about how much time you spend in those meets, I remember like it was yesterday, swim meets. I don't know. Not the best spectator support out there unless your kid is the one in the water. Seven twenty eight right now for a five k SE detox station. Odor Exit Otter Exit has multiple product odor exit magics and a spray bottle. Works on bathroom motors, cigarette smoke, on clothes, cooking pet oders, household odors, spread on walls, floors, carpet for dog and cat urine odors. Odor Exit concentrate. You mix that with water and it even works on a dog that's been sprayed by a skunk. I know that for a fact, got lots of listeners who confirm that it gets rid of skunk, smell outo etgic MOM which is for mold, odor, mildew and smoke safely eliminates these odors versus you know, like a concrete flooring, you can put it on fabric, you can get rid of dust mites with it, flood damage, mold, mildew, just goes on and on and on and then to odor AQM, the Air Quality Manager. That one's a great product as well. All these products are available at odor exit dot com no E O, d O r XIT. They have a solution for your toughest odors and it's a guaranteed solution. Buy it, use it as directed, it will work, and if it doesn't, you get your money back BI before three pm Online it'll be delivered to your front door by tomorrow. Or buy it locally using the search engine on the website odor exit dot com. Fifty five the toxic party Clouty part of cloude high forty overnight clouds thirty one winter weather advisory begins at four am tomorrow and then maybe one to two inches of snowfall and rain as well. Thirty five for the high tomorrow, overnight low at twenty eight and the winter weather advisory ends at seven o'clock Wednesday morning, with light rain in the afternoon and evening going on a high a forty twenty eight. Right now traffic time from the UC.
Speaker 10: Health Traumphge Center. For more than two hundred years, the experts at u SEE Health have been giving in heart patients a chance at better outcomes. That's boundless care you can trust expect more at u s health dot com. Southbound seventy five, there's not a problem through block one day, and so yet northbound seventy five. What's heavy at the Brands Spence but actually looks better this time around. There's a reckon Monroe on sixty three at Gateway. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC Talk station, fifty.
Speaker 1: Five Karsity talk station, and Happy Monday talking with Christopher Smithman doing the smith Event. I spent too much time in a pool, Christopher. I didn't even want to swim in college. There could have been a college out that the wo'd offer me a scholarship. I would have said no. I hung my suit up. After I graduated from my high school, I was captain of the swim team. The year I graduated, I hung my suit up and I just looked at it and thought, there is no blanking way I'm putting in another ten thousand yards swim practice day. I'm done. So anyway, parted company was swimming.
Speaker 8: All you're doing is telling your listing audience that you are a complete stud na.
Speaker 3: Your walking around the pool. Baby.
Speaker 1: No, I owe it to my parents. If I had my way, I wouldn't have been on Marlins and I probably wouldn't have been a swimmer, you know. But my parents insisted that I do something with my life and that I exercised, and it also helped me to stay out of trouble. Christopher, how much trouble can your dog getting given how much time she spends in the pool and its swim meets zero zero sport?
Speaker 3: Where where is your daughter?
Speaker 1: She's in the pool.
Speaker 8: And let me and let me give a real shout out for the coach, Jody Shaffer. And I know you know as a swim of your coaches are just phenomenal for seating, So I just thank her for all.
Speaker 3: Of the great work.
Speaker 8: That she does with all of the girls on the seat and team. And let me just say this to you in my in my screen that this morning on what I think is a very serious matter, and you were talking about it earlier, and that is identifying the waste and corruption at the federal level. And I've been watching congressional members and have so many different tentacles try to kill the messenger.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you're trying to kill Eli. Musk keeps the messenger.
Speaker 8: But what I didn't hear any of them say is that what he's communicating is alive. Are all the things that you're talking about that you've been listing this morning, that you were listing last week of all of its wasteful spending that most people would say, I didn't even know my tax dollars. We're about to file our taxes in April, sub will file in October. But the reality of it is that we're all filing our taxes, getting our ten ninety nine, our W twos and all of its money we see that we sent to the federal government. The timing could not have been better, and listened to you in the morning just lifts off these.
Speaker 3: Things, just sends you into just a complete rage.
Speaker 8: And so to see congressional members protesting that for in support of UFA the organization and then going to the Department of Education instead of going to your neighbor public school that's failing, You're going to the mothership that We're saying, Hey, what's happening here, what's the accountability? We're paying a lot per student. We know our teachers are working hard, we know their overwork. But the reality of it is, we know that students are suffering across the United States and our public school system. What are we going to do about it? I was baffled, even ashamed to see congressional members marching and acting like they were having some civil rights movement against the Department of Education. And we need to fix the system so that our children are getting a good education.
Speaker 1: Well stated Christopher. It really is a sorry state of affairs. We spend more on a per student education in this country than any other country in the world, and yet we are so far behind other countries. It's embarrassing. It's a disservice to our children, our young people. The eradication of critical thinking skills, the eradication of phonics, the eradication of the classics, all in favor of I don't know what, teaching to the test which prepares them for literally nothing in this world. Pause will bring Christopher back. I know he's got more in his mind. Seven thirty five Right now at fifty five KS City Talk station, I'll mention affordable imaging, because imaging can be affordable. Just don't go to the hospital imaging department. That's where they make a lot of money, and they know that they got you. They think they got you anyway. But you know about affordable imaging services where an MRI is only four hundred ninety five bucks, not thirty five hundred dollars that you would pay at the hospital, maybe even more. I know CT scans can go as high as five grand, perhaps even more. A CT scan with a contrast is six hundred dollars at Affordable Imaging Services. The most expensive one you can get as an MRI with a contrast, it's six forty five. Every image comes with the board certified radiologists report that you and your doctor get within forty eight hours. That's included in the low price. So you have a choice when it comes to your medical care. It's out of pocket liability season, isn't it, folks? The brand new calendar year for your insurance policy. Like if you're in Obamacare. That's ninety two hundred bucks out of your pocket before the insurance even works. Yeah, don't get on that road. Don't have to your bank account. Affordable Medical Imaging. You'll find them on line. It's Affordable Medimaging dot com online Affordable Medimaging. Here's the phone number, five one three seven five three eight thousand. Five to one three seven five three eight thousand.
Speaker 6: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station, HIE Brian.
Speaker 1: Thomas here with.
Speaker 13: UH.
Speaker 1: Here you go. Partly cloudy day to day with a high forty clouds overnight down to thirty one. Winter weather advisory beginning at four o'clock tomorrow morning, expecting some snow. It sounds like it's gonna be fairly light one to two inches maybe, then rain thirty five for the high down to twenty eight overnight. Winter weather advisory stops at seven am Wednesday, with light rain in the afternoon and evening in a high a forty twenty eight. Right now, time for traffic from the UC.
Speaker 11: Health Traumphic Center.
Speaker 10: For more than two hundred years, the experts of you See Health have been giving heart patients of chance a better outcomes that's foundless care you can trust, expect more at U see health dot com. Southbound seventy five, there's not a problem through block Monday, and so yet northbound seventy five. What's heavy at the Brands Spence but actually looks better than this time around. There's a reckon Monroe on sixty three at Gateway chucking ramon fifty five krs.
Speaker 1: The talk station seven thirty nine took about krc DE talk station Happy Monday doing that Smithman smith event thing. Christopher Smithman, I appreciate your venting this morning. I sharing your thoughts and comments. We got fellow swimmers out there who been through the same thing. I just got an email from a guy named Jeff who sends me stuff all the time. He swam for the Dayton Dolphins, he said, Later for wsu Geez, he said, Kodles, kudos to My parents were sitting through endless hours of swim meets just to see me compete in a few events. Day long event, I mean two three days of of of swim you know day long swim meets where you had these you know, invitationals with with teams coming from all over the place. I remember I had to go to Canada, for a swim meet once jeez, you sit around and sit around and stew in your own juices until hey, you're up for your fifty meter freestyle. You swim, you know, you're in the water for like twenty eight seconds, and then waiting around for another three hours for your next event. Vietnam like flashbacks for me, Christopher.
Speaker 8: And the place is the place is so hot hot, yes, unbelievable.
Speaker 3: It is unbelievable.
Speaker 8: The building is like on fire. And in high school, everybody is stripping down into their shorts right, layered up, and then you just everybody's like all their jeeans are off, they got our shorts, they have a T shirt on, right.
Speaker 3: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: And think about this too, Christopher. I bet it's exactly the same as it was back when I was swimming, because none of the student body would show up like they do in football games or basketball games and every like we go to the game. Yeah, let's go to the football game this Sunday whatever, and you no one from the student body would to watch a swim beat.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 8: And just the parents, the grandparents of the off those and friends. I mean it's that's that's.
Speaker 3: What it is. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Well, you know, one of the things I want to end with Brian, and it's serious, and this is the neo Nazi stuff that we saw in Lincoln Heights is an African American neighborhood.
Speaker 3: One of the one of the.
Speaker 8: One of the citizens that the Americans that they approached is a good friend of mine. His first name is Eric. He's a small business owner, beautiful wife, Marla, a girl, dad, three three daughters. His small business is right across that bridge. He worked seven days a week and I know he was going into work and to have those guys approach his truck with their weapons mostly might not understand that these guys were approaching vehicles. Well, they approached my friends and they're screaming. They're screaming the N word at him.
Speaker 18: Now, you have to know my friend, who's nothing but a country boy, hard worker every day, built this business with his wife and his daughters, worked many of them in that business with them.
Speaker 3: But he is a.
Speaker 8: Second Amendment gun carrying dude.
Speaker 3: He's the wrong truck to walk up on.
Speaker 1: And I'm telling you, you guy, he's the.
Speaker 3: Wrong guy to pick a fight with.
Speaker 8: And but my point to you is that we have to as Americans and I'm using that word. All of us must stick together against that craziness. It has no place, It has no place in our society.
Speaker 3: And also it.
Speaker 8: Has nothing to do with any politician. Right, So, these kinds of organizations have been around for hundreds of years, they probably because of hate, will stay around for another hundred. We just have to as Americans, because we are the great experiment, we just have to know how to respond without creating greater violence and making sure that they understand that you and I, as brothers, we stand against that craziness that has no place in America.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, I mean, you know, and Christopher, I just really well, obviously you can call them to question the wisdom of someone who embraces that ridiculous philosophy. But they're what twelve or thirteen of those fill in the blank with the sec inappropriate language that I can't use to describe them. And they're in and all virtually all black, with the biggest all black community in the greater Cincinnati area. Right, that's Lincoln Heights.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's right, Lincoln Heights Baptist Church, one of the historic African American Baptist churches in our region, and its pastor.
Speaker 3: Pastor was on TV responding, I mean.
Speaker 8: It's the wrong place to be and it could have been gone really bad. It's I give my kudos out to the Lincoln Heights, Lincoln Heights community, the pastors there, you know, the community for not responding with violence, because it's easy to do when you've got guys walking around with assault rifle and they're actually approaching vehicles and calling you crazy things. Anything could have happened this weekend, and I just want to be that one of those voices, like you've already went your voice to say, listen, this is not the best of America, and it doesn't matter what our race is. We can just call that out as craziness and keep it moving.
Speaker 1: Well again, you didn't call me looking for an argument today, Christopher. I just you know, I just don't understand them. I really don't, you know, And and and you know the other thing I don't understand Christopher, And he kind of alluded to it already. This is nothing with a politician that someone had the audacity or people have the audacity to say this is somehow connected with Donald Trump, the presence of Nazis. Anybody can organize anybody. We have the right to the free exercise. We have the right to free speech, even protect even Nazi speech is protected with there's a Supreme Court, huge Supreme Court case on that. So they're allowed to say what they want. But I embrace the idea of these idiots come out of their holes and say it out loud so we know who the idiots are. The only problem is they were too afraid to show their faces. They're all covered eyes.
Speaker 8: That's right, that's right, they're masked up. They don't want people to know exactly who they are, which tells you that they're cowards, because if they really believed in what they were saying, they would show us who they are. Let me in by saying to you, Brian that the Super Bowl was okay. I really couldn't get into it for a lot of the swim meet is at the top of the list. But but let me say this to you. To have the President of the United States, which I didn't know was the first time a president had ever attended a Super Bowl was phenomenal. And to feel that American drum beat going through what most would say the most important game are sport of the of the year was just a wonderful, wonderful thing of bringing us together and uniting us. And my heart went out to all of those young people and older people who lost their lives in that terroist attack. The story about the brothers, because you know, you don't hear a lot about those who lost their lives, So when you start hearing about these stories about two brothers, both of them were athletes. The older brother was there, lost his life, the other brothers up for the draft. Asked his mom and dad there, Lady God, that did a beautiful job singing. What a beautiful voice she has. I don't anybody who hasn't heard Lady Gaga that she really can sing. There's some artists out here who can't sing. She's not one of them. She really can sing. But to bring everybody together with that kind of tone with our military was really a wonderful thing. I was more into that piece of it than what was happening on the field. Quite frankly, we need more unification around our flag, around patriotism, which has this notion that if you love our flagging, you love our country. You and I can't say that our country is imperfect, and we're still working on it. It's still an experiment, but I can still stand for the national anthem. I could take my hat off for the national anthem. I can do the pledge of allegiance, and I can bring honor to the greatest country in the world, and that I'm so honored to be here, to be able to participate in and do well in with all of its shortcomings, it's still the greatest place in the world to be And that's what I felt with the President being there. And I love hearing the players say I am honored to play in front of the President of the United States of America because they are honoring the position. Has get out of the personality and get into respecting the position. The President of the United States is here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a great observation, Christopher, and I might pivot back over to the Nazis showing up on the bridge in Lincoln Heights. Look what happened the next day, A whole group the pastors met. They had a whole group of people coming out to protest that joining together in an anti Nazi message, which is something that we can all support. So maybe there's a little positive that came out of the negativity of those filling the blank people hanging out on the bridge, the big, strong, massive contrast showing of support the following day against the message that they were allegedly spewing.
Speaker 8: Good see, well, look at us when people come to the listener lunch.
Speaker 11: It's diverse.
Speaker 8: I mean this notion that your listening audience is diverse, the people that listen. And so, you know, all we do is keep spreading truth and love and support common sense whatever those words are to this craziness. And you know, and I agree with you. I'm glad that the Lincoln Heights community came out and they did a piece peaceful protest, you know, in in response to the neo Nazis.
Speaker 3: But I just want to be real.
Speaker 8: Look, hate is going to stay in the hearts of some people for the for a hundred years, is never going to end. All we can do is know how to live around it, through it, over it, pray for them, and keep it moving.
Speaker 3: What we don't want to.
Speaker 8: Do, right is respond in the same lafel of violence that they're doing. That's that's what they want. They win when we do that. Love all of those responses, and I love the people that can drive by them and say sticks and stones, you know, but their words aren't going to hurt me at all.
Speaker 3: We're going to keep We're going to keep it moving.
Speaker 8: But I appreciate you, Brian Thomas, Man we are I think that this week is going to be a week of terifs.
Speaker 3: I don't care what China thinks.
Speaker 8: China could be mad at us from here until the next three hundred years. America better wake up and understand that China is coming and they're thinking about the long game, and we better have elected officials that are honed in on what China is doing. So we are prepared. Recruitment for the military is up for a reason, and we better prepare this generation for what we are headed for, which eventually.
Speaker 3: Will be a war.
Speaker 8: This is an economic war, it's a political war. But at some point, Brian Thomas, world War three will happen. It Free Pills, is that we just have to be prepared for, Brian Thomas, That's the truth. It might be one hundred years from now, it might be fifty, it might be two hundred years.
Speaker 13: Got it. Yeah.
Speaker 8: The reality of it is, world War three will happen. The question will be will this great United States of America be ready for it? If we spend on time fighting each other, focus on things that aren't important. They will forget who the real enemies are.
Speaker 1: Well, what have brother? I'm done a positive note, got to run though, Christopher from you again Monday. Take care man or seven fifty one coming on fifty two. Real quick word for my friends at Zimmer Heating and Cooling taking care of well, this is heating season. Of course, get a carrier unit. They're great heater they just listen. They're an authorized carrier service. They are full service for all your HVAC needs. Zimmer third generation Chris Simer will help you out. You can just give them a call or eat more easily. You know, rather than call, just go to go Zimmer dot com. They can take care of you all your HVAC needs service. Whatever unit you've got, install a new one if you need it. Their texts are factory trained and certified Master and Journeyman license in both Ohio and Kentucky. Count on Zimmer Heating and Cooling for all your HVAC needs online, schedule the appointment even after hours right their upper right hand corner at the website Go Zimmer dot com.
Speaker 11: Fifty five KRC dot com.
Speaker 1: You know always stronger than the setbank. The comeback, the greatest comeback of all times. Here America's Comeback. Fifty five KRC the Talkstation to Shibato six here bifty five GARC DE Talk Station regular listeners. No, it is that time of week every Monday at eight finning around eight oh five, we talked to Brian James Aller Financials. Brian James and do that thing we call money Monday. Welcome back, Brian James. Hope you had a nice weekend. Get to enjoy the good morning.
Speaker 19: And and you two, and welcome to NFL off season. We need to officially start hearing what the Bengals may or may I do, which probably means we won't hear anything for a while.
Speaker 1: And we'll get to hear a lot about the stadium lease negotiation. I suppose too little side show in connection with day Yeah, right whatever, Anyhow, beginning our first top of your conversation, appreciate all Worth Financial leaning out for my listeners. Every Monday at this time, more tariffs, this time on aluminum steel.
Speaker 19: Tariffs, tariffs and more tariffs. It just seems to me, didn't we just talk about this, Brian, I think a week ago, right, now, at this moment we were talking about tariffs.
Speaker 1: You know what, next week, at this moment, we'll probably be talking about them too.
Speaker 19: It seems to be the theme of twenty twenty five YEP quick review. So this is this is gonna sound a little bit familiar. But let's talk about what we did talk about last week. So last week, the announcement was that we'd announced the United States announced new tariffs against Canada. That was twenty five percent tariffs on most imports, just just just a wide range of everything. And you and I went through a list of weirdness of stuff that was on there. And then also it's only a ten percent tariff on Canadian energy products. That was there was an announcement there that Canada was going to come back and slap some tariffs back.
Speaker 11: On the US in exchange.
Speaker 19: And then everybody decided, hey, wait a minute, let's chill out, let's give it a month, and let's just kind of see how things go.
Speaker 11: Let's just all be friends.
Speaker 19: So today the news is that the United States is going to oppose a twenty five percent tariff on all steel and aluminum imports from Canada and Mexico. And by the way, let's not forget why are we targeting Canada and Mexico because there are friends, right, we want to target our enemy.
Speaker 11: That seems to have changed. Right.
Speaker 19: Canada and Mexico are by far the largest trading partners of the United States. So in twenty twenty three, we had eight hundred billion dollars worth of goods and services exchange with Mexico, seven seventy three with Canada, and then it starts to drop off. China was five hundred and seventy five billion, then Germany at two hundred and on down from there. So we are basically slugging our best friends right in the mouth to see how they react. This is a trade war. It's what it looks like, it is what it feels like.
Speaker 11: And we'll we'll.
Speaker 19: See if President Trump is able to get what he wants out of this, will we stick to it.
Speaker 11: We'll see.
Speaker 1: Well, the original tariffs that we were previously talking about that got put on hold for thirty days, President Trump specifically stated it was an effort to get them to pony up some help on border security, and in response, both Mexico and Canada said, yeah, we will, and they allocated resources and troops to go to their various borders and help us control the illegal immigrant population. And so that's why pausive tariffs. This don't isn't connected with any specific announcement that I saw in Caes like, we are doing this because fill in the blank. It's just because we're importing the steel and aluminum from other countries, is it. Do you think has it been expressed somewhere that has Trump's hope that this will bring back the manufacturing of steel and aluminum in our country.
Speaker 19: Yeah, I think that underlies a lot of the decisions you're going to see this administration make at the end of the day.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 19: Yeah, we want to stop the bad stuff from flowing across the borders, and this is a great way to get attention and do it. But another goal, and I don't want to call it a secondary goal, it's just another goal, is to impose the United States a little more in the world order of how these goods and services get traded. So we are we are an expensive nation. You and I talk about this all the time. It's expensive to produce things here because of all the rules and regulations we have. Some are good and should be there, some are a little probably a little overdone and maybe need to be reviewed. But currently all we're trying to do because it's going to be harder to get all the all the regulation and all that stuff out. It's going to take more time, a lot more time to reduce the impact of that. But we're simply making it more expensive form for other countries to compete with US. Uh, And that to me, that's a band aid, right, that's simply saying, in the short run, we can just make it more expensive for other countries to push their goods into the United States while in the background we're trying to reduce That's why you're hearing about this department's gone and this one's under review. Whether this stuff is constitutional. Who knows, uh, not a constant constitutional law expert here. But the goal there would be to reduce the long term cost of producing these goods in the United States. In the short run, we're going to increase our competitiveness by just making it more expensive for other countries to compete here.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And I don't know if to get to point B, which is making it easier to manufacture here, I mean, do we have to go through the pain? I don't know. Trump's got that you know, if every one regulation that's implemented, you got get rid of ten. It used to be two. But maybe the ten regulations that we're getting rid of might impact the cost of doing business in the United States. I mean, we've created this expense here. We've got OSHU, we've got EPA, We've got all these rules and regulations. We've got you know, union mandates in terms of contracts they negotiated for, you know, really expensive hourly wages and mandatory work conditions and everything just makes it more expensive. Of course, if you can use slave labor like in China to manufacturer steel, of course it's going to be a lot cheaper. I mean, you know, we have kind of done it to ourselves in many respects. Not to negate your legitimate point that some of these rules and regulations are important. It's just there's too many of them.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 19: And we've never really had at least I can't think of in my adult memory. I'm about fifty years old, and I cannot think of my adult memory of any kind.
Speaker 11: Of major review or overhaul.
Speaker 19: Whenever the idea surfaced in Congress to get some of these things cleaned up, then it would be quickly shot down from the other side. I look at the social security argument we talk about that doesn't work either, and bills hit the floor every year, several times a year to actually address that problem, but they're very easily shot.
Speaker 11: Down by either side.
Speaker 19: Well, now all of a sudden, there appears to be a third side that doesn't really have to cowtow to the other two sides. Now again, whether this stuff holds up in court, that's going to be the challenge, because there's some things coming out of DC right now that have nothing to do and go completely counter to the Constitution. Whether they're good moves bad moves, somebody is going to stand up and say, hey, this does not go go with the words that are in our constitution that we all agreed was a pretty good idea a few hundred years ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And like all things, ultimately, litigation will result and we'll finally get some answer when it finally ultimately reaches the Supreme Court if it goes out high. But you know, you're talking multiple years for any of these things to see the light of some final decision.
Speaker 19: Absolutely, and I think that's why Trump's taking the approach that he is, which is just let's just slam the door on these things. Whatever happens, maybe the glass in the door breaks, who cares, We'll clean it up. I'm not waving the flag saying this is a great idea. It is definitely a different idea, and it's a different approach sort of that scorch and burn. Let's burn everything down, tear it all apart, and we will rebuild the stuff that we have to rebuild and leave alone the stuff that apparently wasn't necessary in the first place. A lot of that comes from Elon Musk. That that is Elon Musk to way. If you read his biography, if you see how he built those businesses, he would he had very strict rules about same as you just mentioned. If we're going to put one rule in place, we're going to get rid of five others. Every rule he creates must have somebody's name attached to it, so that ten years from now we can go back to that person.
Speaker 11: To say, why does this rule exist and do we still need it?
Speaker 19: Versus like you said, regulations that have been in place for decades that may or may not have any application anymore.
Speaker 1: Right, and many of them redundant. Many of them, you know, just outlandishly expensive too. That's saying that's the key. You got to pay a legal department to pay attention to the CODA FED federal regulations. And for every hour spent by a lawyer, that is profit that's being taken away from the company and time spent on something that most prudent businesses really wish they didn't have to spend any time on.
Speaker 19: Yeah, and that's the American way legal companies and now they realize this is a huge opportunity. The more the messier this is, the more confusing it is, the more profit can be made. You know, look at look at the TurboTax people. Oh, I know the biggest lobbies in DC. Let's like people confused them unable to do their own taxes.
Speaker 13: Oh.
Speaker 1: If I could lay hands on a problem, I think that would be the first place I go. The United States tax code. It's insane and all it is used for as a vehicle for the federal government to manipulate businesses into doing things that they otherwise wouldn't do as prudent in businesses. Any pause, We're going to take an early, slightly early break eight four. Team will bring him back and we'll talk about your insurance rates are going up, stating the obvious, but why also how much you planned on spending on Valentine's Day. One more segment with Brian James this morning, be right back fifty five KARC the talk station eight eighteen fifty five KRCD Talk Station Brian Thomas with Brian James from Aulworth Mancher doing Money Monday, Wow, Insurance r. I know insurance rates are going through the roof, Brian, and one might think immediately that it's because of the natural disasters. You got wildfires in California, you got hurricanes hitting the Florida and you know, running through in the flooding in North Carolina, and all this obviously has to be paid for by insurance companies, assuming insurance companies are actually insuring these these these dwellings. But as I understand, it's large part the growing insurance rates are because of litigation lawsuits, at least the corner of this article from Fox Business, I have Brian there you are, yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 11: There, we are sorry about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 11: So they're calling it the Torque tax.
Speaker 19: The average American household is going to pay about forty two hundred dollars a year through their premiums due to these litigation costs, which is simply that that's just how we've grown as a Society's we've always been a litigious society because at the end of the day, in the good old United States, a profit margin Suing people is a great way to make money, right, we all kind of know this, but it's gotten worse and worse. Just like anything else anywhere, it is recognized that a profit can be made, a profit will be made, and it will be maximized and optimized. So there are companies out there who solely exist to take on lawsuits for people. For example, if you're if you're involved in some kind of a medical malpractice suit, there are plenty of law firms out there that have investors behind them who are investing in the research of that lawsuit. The person who was wronged by it will financially benefit, of course if there's a win, but obviously getting a much smaller percentage. These are literally like they're starting to look like little startup companies. Right, something happens to somebody and there's and there's a somewhat clear you know, medical malpractice type of a suit. Well, let's not just sue the medical provider behind it. Let's get as much as we possibly can, regardless of the impact. This is just skyrocketing, and it's literally raising your and my insurance premiums because the insurance companies have to react to that as well as of course they have their own profit motivations as well. So there's a lot going on out there that is going to continue to raise these costs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I was really you know, I was a litigation attorney for sixteen years. I involved I did defense work, you know, towards liability, a product liability that a lot of those defended companies like Cooper Industries for injuries that were claimed to be as a consequence of something that their product did. But this idea that that attorneys are are expanding the expectations of the basically the jury pool by advertising My client got twenty million dollars from this auto accident and then going into court making wailed outlandish claims for damages because you know, you got to start someplace. It's like a negotiation. It's like Trump start now. You know, I'm gonna buy Greenland. Maybe you just get this. The conversation started about how we can improve relations with it or whatever you got to start somewhere. But they start these crazy amounts and juries get it in their mind that, well, that's kind of normal. But it's not. There's no connection with these wild claims of damages to the reality of the injury that that person allegedly suffered.
Speaker 19: Yeah, but you're right, those eight and sometimes nine digit jury verdicts are becoming normalized, and that's why you have these signs shoved in your face. You're just trying to drive to work or run to the grocery store, and you're seeing billboards that advertise this, We're seeing it on social media. It's just a way that this industry. Then I'm gonna go ahead and call this an industry. It's little cottage industry, I would say, Yeah, is affecting how you, as a potential juror might react. So, in other words, when you finally do land in that jury box, as all of us will probably once in our lives, you won't blink at the idea of a ten million dollar verdict that itself has a has a nickname. Nuclear verdicts is what they're calling jury verdicts of ten million dollars or more. The top one hundred of these have increased by about three hundred and fifty percent in the last six years. Overall personal injury verdicts since twenty ten are up three hundred and nineteen percent, so we're seeing a huge increase. Again, it's just a place, it's just a new business. There are literally investors here, yeah, supporting law firms, just like you would you would raise funds for a technology company or something like that. They're supporting law firms who will go chase and prosecute these quote unquote opportunities.
Speaker 1: You know what, this seems to me just a screaming cry for some ethics reforms and some rules governing the practice of law, because this article points out that foreign parties, for example, the Chinese Communist Party are some of the investors who finance these lawsuits. I mean the idea of some outside person financing and then glombing onto some chunk of the award which should have either gone to the planefs lawyers who did the legal work, or or to their client who they represent, but that they have to shell out a chunk of this jury or you can give to some third party investor. That just seems to be just completely unethical. But who am I but a priortigation.
Speaker 11: Rationally thinking American.
Speaker 19: Unfortunately, we just put an administration in place that is not going to lift a finger to do that. Because to fight that, because that's going to be more regulation, we're going to be going the opposite direction.
Speaker 11: You're going to hear more and more about this.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know that it requires federal legislation. This requires like state bar associations to enact rules that say you just can't do that. As a lawyer in the state practicing here, that is prohibited period. It could be done grassroots efforts have to get the plaintiffs bar behind it. Ha ha. Good luck with that, all right, Brian, The answer for me is nothing. I may buy a card to celebrate the day of our engagement, but you know, Valentine's Day is just like any other day of the week from my perspective, and it's just an excuse for people to feel like they've got to go out and spend a lot of money, and apparently they do.
Speaker 11: They do.
Speaker 19: Indeed, so we're expected to spend twenty five point eight billion dollars eh in this Yeah, that's a lot a lot of money.
Speaker 11: That chocolate just got expensive.
Speaker 19: Uh, And we'll spend an average of one hundred and eighty five dollars on gifts and experiences.
Speaker 11: Now this, this, this blows my mind.
Speaker 19: I hope Michelle James is not expecting one hundred and eighty five dollars worth of gifts and experiences if you take She would flap me straight across the face if I did that anything.
Speaker 11: That's why I married her the first place.
Speaker 1: Night She's prudent, she's frugal. She knows the value of a dollar, and she has low expectations that you're gonna go out and shot a boatload of money for well, just another day.
Speaker 19: She is so frugal that the first time I bought her flowers a million years ago, she yelled at me because flowers are expensive and they die, and we've got more important things to spend money on.
Speaker 1: Sounds like you, very well the same kind of woman as mine. My wife is very frugal and prudent. And yes, that's that's wonderful. So maybe reflect on that. And if you get yelled at for not spending a whole bunch of money on Valentine's Day, you might want to reflect on that too, Brian.
Speaker 11: I really am not. I'm too worried that that's gonna.
Speaker 1: Be a You have e buff, brother, you have e buff. That's why I'll be married thirty three years in June. It's a lot of the big reasons anyway, Brian James always appreciate our conversations. And we'll do it again next Monday for another edition of Money Monday. And thanksgeting to all word for loading you out.
Speaker 11: You bet enjoy it. Every week we'll talk to you them.
Speaker 1: All right, look forward to it eight twenty five right now. Coming up next Mandy A Gunna Sakara with the book Y'all Fired, Southern Bell's Guide to Restoring Federalism and Draining the Swamp. We talked with her last October, bringing her back on to talk about what she thinks about Elon Musk and the Doge Department and the draining of the swamp. I hope he can stick around fifty five KRC the simply sh eight thirty fifty bout KRCD Talk Station. Very Happy Monday too. You made you an extra special happy because the return of Mandy Gunnas Sakara, author of Y'all Fired, A Southern Bell's Guide to Restoring Federalism and Draining the Swamp. We had he around in October when the book first came out. She's spent at the center of the US energy and environmental policy for a full decade from the Senate cloak room of the Oval Office of veteran environmental attorney, energy strategist, and communicator, served during President Trump's first term. Is Chief of Staff at the US Environmental Protection Agency. Currently a visiting fellow the Heritage Foundation, and welcome back. It is a real pleasure to have you back on the show, Mandy.
Speaker 16: Yeah, good to be with you.
Speaker 3: Brian.
Speaker 1: I mean, can I just sort of sum up what I think your perception is that this Doge Department is like the answer to your dreams?
Speaker 16: Yeah, I think you summed it up. Well, it really is. And man, it's such a.
Speaker 20: Beautiful thing to see because having been on the inside, even in my position as chief of staff and the access to the information that I had, it was hard to paint the whole picture. You could pinpoint specific types of waste, fraud or abuse or redundancies and efficiencies. You could pinpoint those sorts of things, but it really is a beautiful thing where you have someone like Elon and his really talented team of software engineers going and looking at the data and then painting a big picture in ways that all of us can understand and all of us can see. Is an absolute misuse of taxpayer resources. So yeah, it's an answer to a lot of prayers.
Speaker 1: Actually, well, sunlight, it's a great disinfect and lord ness, we're getting a lot of it. And you one of the problems that I'm sure you probably during your period of time in the administration were as frustrated as anybody else, the obstructionism that comes when when people that are responsible for the oversight of our dollars, subcommittees, committees, the congressmen, the congress women, the senators, when they're told basically go to hell when they ask for information.
Speaker 20: Yeah, really, I know, I know, it's it's really frustrating, and it's you know, that is part of their responsibility. Their responsibility is to report back to the public how they're using these funds and what it's actually doing. But it's not just the members of Congress. I mean, it's also these bureaucrats, these entrenched deep state bureaucrats.
Speaker 16: And here's the truth. There is a there is a crisis.
Speaker 20: Of expertise on Capitol Hill, Frankly, you have a lot of people there that don't really know what they're doing, so they're wholly depending on deep state bureaucrats who've been working at their job for thirty years to give them information they don't otherwise know how to get.
Speaker 16: So that's how the deep state works.
Speaker 20: They don't give them all the information. Maybe they give them a little drip drip here. But it's been many decades of this type of imbalance between an agency funded to eight at the tune of eight billion dollars and as EPA is an example, with that oversight staff of less than two million.
Speaker 16: Dollars trying to perform oversight, and.
Speaker 20: So you just have this massive mismatch and the resulting consequences is just decades of layers of complexity and us not knowing how our resources are spent well.
Speaker 1: And it's also seemed to be very obviously a just simple lack of care of how money is spent. I mean, Musk over the weekend was talking about, you know, over looking at through the Department of Treasury, right Treasury Department, and he says, you know, I was told that there were currently over one hundred billion dollars a year of in time went payments individual with no those social Security number, even a temporary ID number. And see, you know, he pulls the room and Treasury he says, what percentage of that is unequivocal obvious fraud? And the consensus in the room was at least fifty billion dollars of it. That's something that's simple to fix. Look, no social Security number, no ID, you don't get any money. How hard is that?
Speaker 20: It shouldn't be difficult at all. But that's what these agencies, they've just become all about, constantly asking for more money. There is no incentive for the everyday bureaucrat to find ways to be incentive to find ways to cut costs and to be truthful about the expenditure.
Speaker 16: Of those costs.
Speaker 20: And there's this this mentality, this culture in DC that people are almost entitled to these taxpayer resources. And when you come in and you ask questions, they like to pretend like they're these global do gooders and they're saying, oh, but this poor person is going to lose access to these resources.
Speaker 16: That they really need.
Speaker 20: Meanwhile, that person isn't even getting the fund to the extent they're getting any it's barely enough to actually live.
Speaker 16: But you know what's coming off the top.
Speaker 20: A fair amount is coming off the top and going to nonprofits that either pad them personally or their relatives or just grow the power of the left, which is ultimately what they want.
Speaker 1: Yeah, non governmental organizations NGOs, you know, and quite the old we're five oh one c three, we're not for profit. Yeah, but you're making a salary of four hundred and five hundred thousand dollars a year, is president or CEO the five o' one C three. I mean, that's what's happening.
Speaker 16: Yeah, that's exactly right. And it's it's so discussing.
Speaker 20: It's so many of them is going to the spouses of people. Yeah, you know, just just look at the net worth of someone like Samantha Power. She was the administrator, that head essentially of USAID, and her net worth grew five times. I think that's right. It's around that it's a significant number, grew five times. Her salary has been the same salaries for bureaucrats are typically capped out around one hundred and eighty thousand dollars. Yeah, somehow, Well, she has a mass a multi million dollar fortune, and it just leaves you scratching your head, huh, where did that money come from? And it's most likely because it was funneled to nonprofits of what she or her family was sitting on the board and they get to reap the benefits of millions of dollars of taxpayer funds going into their back pocket, and they cover it up by saying, well, we're helping the poor in the world, We're giving people in Africa access to water and food. But really they are just patting their own personal coffers.
Speaker 1: Well, and as I read through the list of these things that the Doge has revealed and the comments from the senators that you know, I had no idea that this money was being spent this way, And I said, wait a second, aren't she responsible for the power of the purse? Mean, you go ahead and you allocate forty million dollars to USA, but then you stop. Somebody had to approve the project. But ultimately, you know, twenty million dollars goes to a sesame street show in a rock And then how much of that twenty million dollars really went to the sesame street show in a rock fort. Actually it didn't land in some corrupt officials pocket. They don't follow the trail of the money, and so it just stops once the aid's been allocated to the general collective us AID fund.
Speaker 20: Yeah, that's right, and it's there's no accountability and no oversight. And that's why you see the people who are screaming the most, or the ones who have the most to lose in terms of this personal racket or money laundering scheme, if you will, that that is what it is. These people are using their positions of trust and consequence to siphon money off to the side to their benefit. And they use stories of people that most people would say like, yeah, they could use some help, or of course we would want to take care of these vulnerable populations.
Speaker 15: They use that.
Speaker 16: As a cover for their own sick game.
Speaker 20: And those are the people who are sitting outside of USAID or some of these other areas that are throwing up their hands, and the Democrat members of Congress who are at the front of the line because they are recipients of campaign donations from these people who are putting taxpayer resources.
Speaker 16: In their own pocket.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's the to me, that is the most I don't want I want to call it comical that they're screaming at the top of their lungs over these funds being identified, these outlandish, outrageous programs that no American could find straight faced legitimate. They're not saying that the money didn't go to these stupid programs like shrimp running on treadmills. They're just screaming about the general focus on USA and the fraud, waste abuse and defending it for some reason. Just there's there's no denial here. There's no that didn't happen. That's a lie. Elon Musk is making that up.
Speaker 20: It's yeah, yeah, yeah, it's it's it's just frustrating to see. And I will say though, it's it's frustrating to see some of the reaction, but you know, those people are in the minority now and that is a really wonderful feeling, and.
Speaker 16: The cats out of the bag. I mean, again, those of us who are on the inside.
Speaker 20: Some of it was the fact that we didn't really understand the links the deep State would go to cover their tracks, and they had decades to figure out ways to cover up their tracks, and they're very very good at it.
Speaker 16: So we were all in there. You know, you're drinking.
Speaker 20: From a fire hose is the words people often used to describe what it's like to go into these positions, and a lot of us went in not knowing that the tricks that the Deep State would use not just to confuse, but to try to undermine and to hide what they were actually doing.
Speaker 16: All that's over. So it really is.
Speaker 20: Great to see Elon Musk, his team, Department of Government Efficiency, and most importantly, the American people see this and they're behind the President and his work one hundred and ten percent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know it as well as I do. Yeah, Mandy, that they've only scratched the surface. I mean, Elon Musk has identified some real low hanging fruit just in one USA department. I mentioned the Treasury Department. He's worked there as long as he can get his access back centers for Medicare and Medicaid Service, National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration, Department of Energy, and Lord Almighty, nobody wants me more, that wants the military spending to be audited more than me. They can't even pass an audit seven or eight times in a row. Mandy.
Speaker 16: I know, and I'm sure I'm sure you've seen.
Speaker 20: There was an interview not too long ago of one of the uh, one of the heads, one of the people who was responsible for these types of audits, and you know, she was just incredulous that.
Speaker 16: People would wouldn't trust them.
Speaker 20: Yeah, we felled audits, but you don't understand what an audit is is essentially her response, and it doesn't really matter. Like again, this goes through there's this culture of people in DC that are so arrogant and so flippant about their very real responsibility. And when people come around asking basic questions that they cannot answer.
Speaker 16: Uh, they just they try to belittle you to.
Speaker 20: Say that, well, you don't really understand it. If you were, if you were like me, you would understand. So yeah, look, Elon Musk is scratching the surface.
Speaker 16: This type of.
Speaker 20: Misuse and miss expenditure of funds.
Speaker 16: It permeates every single agency.
Speaker 20: So there's a lot more to come and I'm excited to see it, for it to finally be exposed.
Speaker 1: A lot more to come and maybe even I'll keep my fingers crossed some criminal investigations into where this money has landed. Manny gives the car author of Y'all Fired, A Southern Bell's Guide to Restoring Federalism and draining the swamp. She had an advance on Doge. This is what the book's about. And I'm sure, I said, I know she's seeing it just come all to fruition with it being ferreted out. Mandy. I got your book up on my blog page, but if I have cares dot com so people can get a copy of it to the extent they haven't done it already, and I'll encourage them to do so. It's been great here talking with you. Keep up the great work and looking forward to another volume maybe uh something like along the aftermath lines.
Speaker 20: Yeah, what it's like after y'all fired. Yeah, well we'll come up with a goods out. But thank you, thanks for having me and thanks for the support.
Speaker 1: Well pleasure, Mandy. It's been a real true he