Speaker 1: It's later with Mo Kelly KFI AM six forty. We're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app and we're continuing to monitor what is going on in San Bernardino. If you haven't been listening to KFI, we have been covering the Edgehill fire, which was originally reported around two thirty pm in the area of the thirty three hundred block of Beverly Drive in the Little Mountain community.
Speaker 2: If you're familiar with.
Speaker 1: It, we know that at least five to six homes have been destroyed by the fire. That number has been pretty stable for out most of the day. It has not increased. We're continuing to watch it. There is an evacuation order which is still in effect, So although there are reports coming out that the fire is under control, the evacuation order, more importantly is still in effect and it is as follows, all residents living on the south side of and south of Ridgeline Drive, all residents living on the north side and north of edge Hill Road, west to and including Beverly Drive, an east to Circle Road. There is an evacuation center which has been set up at Marshall Elementary School, which is three two eight eight North g Street, again. This evacuation order is still in effect and the Edge Hill fire is still a disaster area. We know that at least five to six homes have been consumed by flames and the area is still dangerous. We have kfi's on Michael Monks, who is on seen getting as much much information as possible.
Speaker 2: Want to start you there.
Speaker 1: We will continue to follow it and see what new information may come our way, and then we can pass it on to you. We will most likely speak to Michael Monks before the hour is over. Just want to check in with the guys in the studio tonight. Good evening, Mark Ronner, how you doing, my friend a little warm?
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a really warm day and that actually circles back to the fire. When we have these really hot days, it's not unusual for a fire to break out, and also it makes it much more difficult for firefighters to deal with it.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately, I can't even imagine being a firefighter in this weather. Those poor guys, good on them. Look, not everyone can be a first responder. Not everyone is cut out for that job. Not everyone is cut out for that life.
Speaker 1: And you know, God bless them and hopefully they will all remain safe. Stephan, what's going on with my friend? How are you today on this Monday?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 5: And I thought about you a lot because I know you don't like to go and I could feel the heat just being at home and I don't like to go outside. The minute you open that door, it was like a furnace on me and I'm like, nope, not going anywhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I tried to walk the dogs as early as I could so I wouldn't have to subject them to the heat. I like warm temperatures. I don't like this because I can't do anything with it. And Twalla Sharp, is good to see you on this Monday evening. What's happening life all around it? And that you're rounder to hit us with another rain report.
Speaker 3: We need it.
Speaker 4: We wish there ain't no rain agrees in Alfa, Dina.
Speaker 1: That's not right, yeah, And it's not like it's going to get better anytime immediately soon some other things we are going to be covering on the show tonight. You know that outdoor Techno EDM festival which is like right outside so far and people were complaining for miles around. I live about three miles from Sofi Stadium I could hear it. Each and every one of those complaints was legitimate. For a moment, I thought my neighbor was having a party, and then my wife had to tell me, no, that's Hollywood Park, Sofi Stadium area, this outside EDM festival.
Speaker 2: I don't like to interrupt your no, go ahead. So I was hearing that too.
Speaker 5: Yes, I thought it was a neighbor that had like a massive party.
Speaker 2: No, that was that was Sofi Stadium.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, because it sounded like, Okay, someone's having a party. It was like it's weird and Sunday evenings like that's what it's time to tone it down.
Speaker 2: I mean, damn, y'all got it. Got to work two in the morning.
Speaker 1: And yes, because I had to be up at six to do this hit at Spectrum in studio. Something I turned in to get off my lawn last night. It's like, turn that down, it's two down loud. We'll get into that next segment. And also, I don't know if you heard about the pilot who's arrested and removed from the aircraft right before the flight. I don't know about you, but if I'm on a plane getting ready, not getting ready to take off, but I'm expecting to take off the next half hour so and I see law enforcement come on and remove the pilot.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I want to stay on that plane, you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Why are you removing him? Was he under the influence? Did he do something to the plane? Was he being super suicide? I'm being serious. All those things to be going through my mind. It's like, maybe that's a sign from God saying get your ass off the plank. I don't know, but we'll talk about that.
Speaker 1: And also, did you hear about the man who was sentenced to two years for assaulting flight attendants, assaulted police when the plane landed, tried to open the door to the plane mid flight, and only got two years.
Speaker 2: How is that possible?
Speaker 1: You're saying I can kick the ass of a flight attendant and then kick the ass of the police with a land plead guilty and only get two years.
Speaker 4: This isn't the guy who had ten edibles before he went on the plane?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: No, that was that was a pilot, Okay?
Speaker 4: Because I saw I saw something over the weekend, and it all blurs together, because it's not just one thing. A guy who had had like ten times the normal amount of THHC and started taking off his clothes and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was That was the guy sitting in the jump seat in the in the cockpit.
Speaker 3: That really fills you with confidence. Oh.
Speaker 2: Look, just like my sister said when she was retiring.
Speaker 1: You know, there's the stuff that we see in the news, and there's the other ninety five percent of the stuff that we don't see that doesn't get to the news, which is.
Speaker 3: Looking at a train travel from now on.
Speaker 2: Oh you think those those train operators are any better?
Speaker 3: Well, it's not a track.
Speaker 1: How bad could a train go other than a derailing and you know ended up like an East Palestine.
Speaker 4: Well, you don't have Palestine everything. Morris William Please, he brought up.
Speaker 2: My middle government name. I know it's your middle name, but damn it's my name first.
Speaker 3: Well, it's something we have in common.
Speaker 2: What did Tony Stark say? I'll allow it.
Speaker 1: It's Later with mo Kelly, can't I Am six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 8: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM sixty.
Speaker 1: And kfi's owned Michael Monks is still on scene in San Berdano covering the edge fire. He will be reporting to the KFI twenty four hour newsroom at the bottom of the hour and he will be coming on with us to close out the hour. So we'll give you the latest on that, just to know that we are on top of the story, and we'll have it for you right here. Last night, I was at home, mind my own business, trying to have a nice quiet evening as an old man, you know, kind of just rocking in my chair, watching little TV, eat dinner at three thirty, you know, what old people do. And then there was this music and thing like who has a party on Sunday? It wasn't like it was going to be a holiday on Monday. And it just kept growing louder and louder louder. I'll say, which one of my neighbors. Now there's like twelve you've been in my there's my neighbors in the housing development, and there are neighbors just outside, you know, in the general neighborhood.
Speaker 2: And I didn't know where it was coming from. And I was saying like, and I.
Speaker 1: Looked out the window and I couldn't see where this loud party was emanating. And then my wife pulled me aside and said, oh, yeah, you know that the thing. I said, what do you mean, the thing? You know, the thing that's going on so far? No, I don't know the thing that's going on so far. What are you talking about? They're having this like this in this Electronica EDM festival. I said, really said, oh yeah, it's like all day. And I said, A Sunday, a Sunday the whole time, the whole time, the whole time, the whole freaking day. And it got louder and louder and later and later into the evening, and then I had to get up, you know, day before crack of dawn this morning to do this television hit a spectrum, which means I get up like maybe five thirty or so. They were around five thirty. Step correct me if I'm wrong, but I know it was way past midnight. It was still going on.
Speaker 5: I for a second thought it was a neighbor, and but I almost felt like, get off my lawn titled because I opened the door and I'm like, it's not here, it's not my neighbor.
Speaker 3: Where that h is coming from?
Speaker 5: And I go inside, back inside and watching my show and It's going over the speakers of my TV, and I'm like, what is happening? So I'm glad you brought this up because I was I thought I was losing gonna mind because I'm like, I hear it. There's a party going on somewhere and it's not like even near me.
Speaker 1: But yeah, the source of the ear splitting disruption this is, according to the Los Angeles Times, was the Hard Summer Music festival, held at the Hollywood Park adjacent to Sofi Stadium. The festival featured techno, house and dubstep music and attracted some seventy thousand attendees. The Elson Gunda Police Department said it received several noise complaints. I live about four miles away from that, and I could hear it as clear as day. I shuddered to think what it was like for the people within a one mile radius. Oh my god, let me tell you this is related. I watched A Quiet Day, part one the Origin story this weekend, and you know the premise of this, right is that some sort of monster aliens come down and nobody can make any noise or it alerts the aliens to their presence.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: I found myself taking the side of the aliens in this one, you gotta pick a side. I'm not going to be on the side of the noisy people. Oh, I really understand their point of view a lot better at this point. I could understand why they were often folks.
Speaker 1: It was so disruptive, and I have to wonder how did they manage to make it the whole day, because someone probably had to have been taken to the hospital because of ear drum damage.
Speaker 3: It was it vibrating your sternum.
Speaker 2: It was I'm saying, it was rumbling the house.
Speaker 1: You thought it was close, and then when I figured out it was miles away, I said, I couldn't even imagine what was like for people who were right next.
Speaker 2: To it, because and I'm sure, Mo, you can appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Like you know, a lot of weekends you can go outside and you'll smell barbecues, looking, Oh, someone's having a party. So I heard that music earlier and I was like, yeah, that's just a party happening. But like you said, one point thirty in the morning, who's still going on a Sunday? Like that's like you said, no holiday tomorrow or today, nothing, And it just they kept going on and on it went. The loud music and vibrating bass, according to the LA Times, could be heard and felt across Los Angeles from Culver City to Manhattan Beach.
Speaker 2: That is freaking ridiculous. Manhattan Beach.
Speaker 1: Manhattan Beach is a good fifteen miles away.
Speaker 2: That's the ocean. The ocean. Culver City is closer to Venice Beach.
Speaker 4: Okay, anybody out in an oil rig someplace here?
Speaker 2: It I'm quite sure. I am quite sure.
Speaker 1: And this is what El Segundo Police Department said, quote, we are aware of the loud, booming sound affecting the city. It is originating from a music festival near Sofa Stadium. There is no need to call nine one one to report. It's not funny, But it's funny because you know, somebody was calling nine one one to report because that's the only number we know. No one knows how to call the police for non emergency, not align They just called nine one one.
Speaker 9: Did either of you fill it on the third though? Because it was happening on the third as well.
Speaker 1: I wasn't around for much of the third I had a hot keto seminar which was in Downey, and I was I wasn't home for most of that day or even evening, So if it was going on, it probably in my mind, I'm thinking like, okay, Saturday night party, whatever.
Speaker 2: And I live close enough to.
Speaker 1: La Southwest College where you know, if they're having a party up there, or if there's a community event going on up there, you can hear it. It's not a big deal and it wouldn't have sounded strange. But late Sunday night it got everybody's attention. Inglewood Police Department said they got calls nine one one calls, Elsa Gundo, La County Share Department. There's a substation not far from my house, of the Linux station, and I was talking to some of the detextile there they received calls.
Speaker 2: So, you know, I just wonder how you managed to do that.
Speaker 1: Look, if I had a part of that loud that would shut me down, how did the event not get shut down or at least told to calm it down? Because it was not getting any softer in indecibels as the evening went on.
Speaker 2: It just didn't make sense.
Speaker 1: You know, if I were twenty five, it probably would have been great, But I'm not. I'm not twenty five anymore. Get off my freaking lawn and turn that music down. It's two damn loud.
Speaker 3: Alert the aliens.
Speaker 2: You watch your mouth, young man, watch your mouth. I was soap. Talk to your elders like that.
Speaker 1: This young whipper snapper generation needs to learn some manners and learn some respect. When I was that age, we didn't get to play our music that loud. People got bad at us. If we turned up our music too loud in our car and you could hear it in the next car over, it would tell us to turn it down.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: It could be the next city, it could be the next county, and they act like it's no big deal.
Speaker 2: What is going on in this world?
Speaker 1: I'm not trying to be funny these young people, you know, kicking their ass. Hey, I'm a firm believer of corporal punishment and spanking your kids. I know you do that bump that beat your kids before they grow up and break in my house. I've said that all the time, and now with all these break ins, they're saying, you know, mos right, they should have been beating their kids when they're younger. Yes, you knew I was right. Spankings, spank the kids. It was good enough for me. It's good enough for them swallow. Were you spanked growing up?
Speaker 9: I think I only got hit once. I have way too much respect from my mom to need spankings. I did all my stuff on the low. I'm going to leave that alone. I'm going to leave that alone, Stephan Were you spanked growing up?
Speaker 3: Safe? Like to all?
Speaker 2: I was terrified of my mom. Gosh, my father beat the hell out of me.
Speaker 3: Mark, Oh, like you wouldn't believe.
Speaker 4: With the school paddle, with the wooden paddle with the holes in it, to make it go faster, I had to.
Speaker 3: I had to.
Speaker 4: I had a teacher make me walk down the hallway ask another teacher if I could borrow the paddle, let him use it on me, then return it to the teacher and thank her for letting me borrow it to be used on me.
Speaker 3: You got that?
Speaker 1: And you know I have to tell if someone's listening who's not at least fifty years old. And I'm being serious, it used to be where there was corporal punishment in public schools, just privately, I'm talking about public schools. Oh yeah, oh yeah, you know missus Krabapple, who whooped your ass legally?
Speaker 4: I had a teacher picked me up by my hair once in a public school, they weren't as gentle as they are today.
Speaker 1: I had a teacher, Missus Trevor, fifth grade. She didn't do it to me because I was such a good student, but I saw it have it. She would hit your knuckles with a ruler hard if you held your pencil incorrectly when we were learning cursive.
Speaker 4: I thought the nuns had a copyright on that. No, well, maybe she grew.
Speaker 1: Up in a some sort of you know, Catholic environment or something. But this is a public school. It's Arnold Elementary nineteen seventy nine.
Speaker 3: No fun.
Speaker 2: Yes to think if they would do that.
Speaker 9: Now, you wouldn't have edm Festival too.
Speaker 2: Touche, touche.
Speaker 1: It's Later with mo Kelly caf I AM six forty WeLive everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. I want to tell you about the latest in air travel and that craziness in just a moment.
Speaker 8: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: Always got to reset this. I'm not a nervous flyer. I'm not afraid of flying. I'm just aware of stuff which goes on on airplanes and it unsettles me. It's almost like if you worked at a restaurant, you then know what happens in the kitchen that goes on, and the customers just don't know. But if they knew, they probably wouldn't ever come back to your restaurant, or any restaurant for that matter.
Speaker 2: That's how I feel about it.
Speaker 3: There are these.
Speaker 1: Stories which actually make the news, and there are the other stories which don't make the news. And most of the ones, the air issues, the people flipping out, they don't make the news. Or the close calls or the mid air near collisions, most of them don't make the news. It's more rare that it actually gets picked up by the news. But when it does get picked up by the news, it's usually pretty significant. And you may remember the story about the guy who was on a plane on an LAX to DC flight he flipped out, he tried to open the emergency door. Well, he was sentenced last week to nineteen months in federal prison. You say why federal prison, Well, he was in the air, okay, so that makes it a federal c one. Rembetorivas of La was sentenced last Wednesday and he pleaded guilty on January twenty third, to only one count one count, one count of interfering with flight crew members in flight attendants, and was ordered to pay sixty four thousand dollars in restitution to American Airlines. He won't be eligible for parole, so he has to serve the full nineteen months, but the nineteen months are for this. At some point during the flight, Revis got up from his seat, went to the front of the plane and began arguing with the flight attendant. Revs told another flight attendant in Spanish, people were attempting to hurt him, had followed him onto the plane, and he had heard the individual's harming his family over the phone. Okay, obviously he's having some sort of mental episode. Revs then grabbed some plastic silver rare from a service cart, placed it in his shirt sleeve, and held it like a shink. He also picked up a small champagne bottle, attempted to break it, shoved the service cart into one of the flight attendants, and tried to open an emergency exit door by lifting the handle and was almost able to do so. According to passenger testimony, that he moved the door away from the frame about two to three inches. I don't know what altitude they were as far as whether the pressure would have kept the door closed or not, but for me, as a semi nervous flyer, that would have been enough for me to try to kill him. Okay, So I'm not going to let it go that far. I'm going to die or we're going to die together. But nich Eventually another flight attendant, a second flight attendant, grabbed a coffee pot from the back of the plane and hit Revis over the head twice.
Speaker 2: And he said, why did they have to do it twice?
Speaker 1: Well, this guy six foot three, two hundred and forty pounds, Okay, he's got some half to them. And once he was on the ground, they taped his legs and used zip ties to restrain him. Revis when the plane landed, remember he was taped and zip tied. He assaulted law enforcement officers who attempted to arrest him after the plane was diverted to Kansas City and landed there. Several officers were injured. He got nineteen months assaulted flight attendants now does say he does face a pending charge in Missouri for the assault against law enforcement officer, so he may get more time but on the surface, it's only showing nineteen months no early parole, nineteen months for one count of interfering with a flight attendant or whatever. I would think it's almost attempted murder because if he's successful, everybody dies.
Speaker 9: Should there be and I know it is possible impossible, but should there be psyche vows for individuals flying? Should you have to like do it like a health quiz? Are you okay? Have you been any depression?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: I mean to what end each are you gonna do? Are you just going to check that box when you buy your ticket? You know, like they ask you, are you carrying any flammable liquids? Are you carrying any lithium batteries? Are you crazy? Are you psychotic?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: To all involved, I mean, what are you going to do beyond just having them check the box? And that's just for limiting liability where if you check the box, Yes, I'm bringing on flammable liquids, Okay, we won't allow you on the plane. Yes I'm crazy and I might try to kill everyone. Okay, you can't come on the plane. I mean, you're expecting people to self report. I don't know if that'd be a good idea.
Speaker 4: I was actually on a flight once where a guy tried to open the back door and it happened so fast and I wasn't close enough to do anything. The flight attendant got them away from the door, And I don't think you can just open them like that while the plane's in flight, right, But was this pre or post nine to eleven?
Speaker 3: Uh? Pre pree.
Speaker 4: Let's say I spent the rest of the flight wishing I'd packed extra pants.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I can't even imagine what would be going through my mind and body.
Speaker 2: At that point.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 9: That happened to me when I was on the flight to DC for a programming conference right after nine to eleven. I was asleep and woke up to the commotion of a in flight security officer.
Speaker 3: They had tackled.
Speaker 9: Someone who's like a closed marshal, Yeah, who had tried to open up a door passenger fifty seven, All right, no, no, no, And I just woke up to it and just the person next to me had gripped my arm real hard, and I woke up and I'm like, what the blank And she was like and she was like in tears. She's like, oh my god, got just try to open up the door they got just tried to open up the door, and I'm like no, and in my mind like the emergency exit or to the pilet, to the emergency exit door, and I'm like, no, that's impossible. And I wasn't really, you know, I wasn't thinking that nine eleven could happen.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 9: I'm like, no, we're good. But yeah, they did tackle the guy in the back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's not something I would like to experience.
Speaker 1: And then there's this the Frontier Airlines pilot who was arrested and removed from the plane in handcuffs right before takeoff.
Speaker 3: This is your captain speaking.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry, I'm not gonna be able to continue on this flight all the way to Atlanta Airport as I'm in presently in handcuffs, so taking over will be the first mate, Tola Sharp, thank you, an have a great day.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Exactly how I would respond to that, because I've been on a plane.
Speaker 2: Actually when I was going to Korea.
Speaker 1: We landed in Korea, local law enforcement came to get this guy we were talking to and they didn't forcibly remove him, but they said, sir, your mind coming with us. So evidently they were waiting for him, but the flight was over. I don't know how I would respond if law enforcement were to get on the plane and arrest the pilot. And I put that in air quotes because you don't know why the person getting arrested. Is this a person an impersonator? Is this someone who's running from the law and he's trying to steal a plane?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: Is he suicidal? I don't know what to think.
Speaker 1: And all I know is if if law enforcement comes on the plane and removes the pilot, that is a sign from God to get off the plane. That's God intervening right here, right there. Get off the plane. You're not meant to be on that plane. You or the pilot get off the plane final destination.
Speaker 3: So they don't know what was up with this guy. I gotta find this well.
Speaker 1: Video captured at George Bush Intercon Intercontinental Airport showed Captain Seymour Walker nice name, being escorted off the Frontier plane by authorities around four pm local time August first. Walker was wanted on an assault family violence arrest warrant issued by the Dallas Fort Worth International Airport Department of Public Safety. He was taken into custody without incident. The activity occurred prior to the startup boarding for flight thirty one ninety five, scheduled for Houston and d I was fort Worth. A replacement crew member was not immediately available, and therefore the flight was canceled. Thank you Jesus, so no one had to fly. Because I know I'm getting off the plane, start.
Speaker 3: Looking into Greyhound. I think.
Speaker 1: You know I took a Greyhound up to Sacramento when I was going up for hop Keto seminar. This was back in April. It wasn't too bad. It was It was not a bad experience. You know, you got your your bus with the with the Wi Fi, you had your electrical outlet. The only down part was some of the people on there just did not bathe prior to get on.
Speaker 2: Ah, you know, leave the driving to us. Okay, go ahead, give it to him. Go ahead, give it to him. No we got time, go ahead, give it to him.
Speaker 3: I'll wait. I don't need your pity. I don't need you.
Speaker 2: That's okay, that's all right, because you're not gonna get much else. It's later with mo Kelly k IF.
Speaker 1: I am six forty one live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app and do we have any Pink Floyd fans? How about Australian Pink Floyd one of the best cover bands in the world, especially when it comes to Pink Floyd. Well, they're going to be performing in Los Angeles next week, and guess who's.
Speaker 2: Going to be giving away two peers, two pairs.
Speaker 1: Two pairs and tickets each night on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday this week.
Speaker 2: Guess who. I'll give you three guesses. First two don't catch. It's not gonna be Stefan.
Speaker 3: I'm coming up with anything uh not Mark.
Speaker 1: And it's not Chris Little, so it's probably Twalla.
Speaker 8: You're listening to later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: Having sold over five million tickets to concerts that have taken place in thirty five countries, the Australian Pink Floyd Show is rightfully hailed as one of the most in demand touring entities currently operating. The Times newspaper in London described them as the gold standard.
Speaker 2: The act is so good.
Speaker 1: They were even higher by David Gilmour himself to perform at his fiftieth birthday party celebration put another way, don't miss the Australian Pink Floyd Show, in fact, is coming to La August fourteenth at the Orpheum Theater. We're gonna be giving away two pairs of tickets, two pairs every single night this week. That's Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. Two pairs of tickets every night this week. In fact, if you don't win them here, you can always get them online at ticketmaster dot com. I'll tell you right now. We're giving the tickets away next hour. But right now we have to find out what is happening on the ground in San Bernardino. As kfi's owned Michael Monks joins us with the latest. Michael, how are you tonight.
Speaker 10: Hey, good evening, mo. It's pretty hot out here in San Bernardino, but not as hot as it was a little bit earlier. And that's important apparently for these firefighters. And I only say apparently because one of their spokespeople said it was it was difficult to manage the fire out here here at Little Mountain when it was one oh nine, but then the temperature dropped to about one oh four and it was a little more manageable. For some reason, they were able to get this under control within about four or five hours. It's still burning. There's still some fire going on out there. About fifty acres burned, including several very lovely homes at the top of this hill. I understand them to be rather historic old homes. And now though as far as any spread, that looks like the threat is over.
Speaker 2: The threat may be over.
Speaker 1: But we know that at least five homes were destroyed. Do we know or have any sense of the extent of damage beyond that has grown in any way?
Speaker 10: No. The spokesperson for the fire department would not specifically indicate exactly how many what they call structures were hurt and whether how how many of those structures were homes, and did not offer at this time an estimate on what that damage was. But we saw from our media friends on television that it was pretty extensive to several, certainly multiple homes, and they did look like they were from some very nice and large homes.
Speaker 1: I know that there's been speculation about the cause, and I know you are trying to chase down some information and leads on what may have been some of the precipitating factors.
Speaker 2: Do we know more on why and how it started.
Speaker 10: The fire department spokesperson could not indicate what any investigators have found yet. They were on the scene for a shorter period of time than the guys putting out the flames. But a source and a police department did inform me that they have identified someone. We can't say suspect or that someone was detained, but they found someone who may have knowledge about the origin of this fire, and that they were talking to this person. What information they were hoping to glean or have gathered.
Speaker 2: We're not yet clear on.
Speaker 1: Do we know since the sun is going down and getting to becoming dark, whether that will impact how the fire department will proceed throughout the rest of the night.
Speaker 10: They're going to work on this, and my understanding again is that as the temperatures fall a little bit more out here, all of that is good news. There was a little bit of wind, and those can be antagonistic for fires and exacerbate them. We don't have those Santa Ana winds going on out here, which a lot of people expressed gratitude for. So they'll work through the night as long as it takes to put this thing out. But already the scene had calmed dramatically from the scenes that we saw this afternoon. I talked to some neighbors at the bottom of the hill, in some of the more modest homes, was still in a lovely neighborhood who were in their go zone. They were spraying down their homes, spraying down their grass and anticipation that this fire was going to come down the hill and get them as well. And while it was certainly tragic for some families tonight losing their homes, it was not as bad as people thought it could have.
Speaker 1: Been before I let you go, let me ask you this what we what you say is the air quality? Is it a relatively decent I know it can't be good, but it seems like you're very close to the fire situation. You can talk normally, so I didn't necessarily know if air quality was an issue.
Speaker 10: It wasn't bad at all. From the bottom of the hill. By the time that I was a witness to any of this, the smoke had turned white, and I know that that's significant in firefighting. So it may have been a stronger stream of smoke that was more impactful to people's breath earlier in the afternoon, but by this evening the firefighters had done such swift work that the smoke was mostly white at that point and the air was perfectly normal.
Speaker 1: Michael Monks, thank you for giving us the latest on that, and I know you may be out there for a little while longer. You have some other reports for KFI, so I'll be listening in as well. Thank you. So fortunate you. It's late with Mo Kelly, KFI AM six forty. We're live everywhere the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 8: You can listen to KFI everywhere like you haven't noticed, k
Speaker 1: S I and k O s T HD two Los Angeles, Orange County live everywhere on the Egart Radio s