Speaker 1: Stuck at home and alone. You'd think I could have some.
Speaker 2: Fun on my own. Butt on all.
Speaker 1: I caught AF with Cecily and Stephanie.
Speaker 3: What's up, everybody, Welcome to board AF A show we're still doing.
Speaker 1: We don't give a fuck.
Speaker 3: We're gonna keep saying we're gonna do it till the wheels come off. I mean the wheels have come off. Yeah, they back on, They've come back off again. What evs that we've brought. We've brought the podcast to the mechanic who's like, you really need like all new wheels, Yeah, expensive ones, think about like topics and we're like, we don't do that. That's the thing. That's the joke that's so late. We're just like Seinfeld. And they're like, well, it's nothing like Seinfeld because those plots were like very meticulously like interwoven. Like the joke was that it was a show about nothing, but it was like very complex and any ways, and you guys are not That show was definitely not about nothing. It was it was very written.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna tell you something that I think I've said this before on the show. In the five years that we've you know, what else is there to say? But like unpopular opinion, and I have told you this, I didn't love Seinfeld. I loved it at the time because I loved a lane. I really related to a lane, you know, for obvious readings, but like for overall, I honestly did not enjoy like I didn't. I didn't love seinfeldt am I the worst fucking jew. Well, first of all, neither of us has ever loved stuff that's super jewy, and this was my very jewy show.
Speaker 1: I guess was it?
Speaker 3: I mean, really, just George, what if Louie had come out with a show called Jewey would people and he'd be like, well, go ahead and cancel me. I don't care. I've been canceled for worse.
Speaker 1: Well, that's his joke.
Speaker 3: He's like, what are you gonna take my birthday? We're gonna take I mean, listen and look. And I'm not defending Louis even though that was a funny thing to say, because like, you know, one thing you could say Louie would just be like, hey, I'm so sorry, I've been a dick. I'm working on it. That could just be like one thing before you get into victim mode, you had some funny jokes about it, but like I didn't hear a bunch of I give a shit now because he didn't.
Speaker 1: Now we say the jewey thing because we are Jewish.
Speaker 3: Just in case you're just joining us now, we in no way want to be part of anything that's We're not self hating.
Speaker 1: It's just like, eah, right, it's a it's a it's a it's a New York thing.
Speaker 3: And I can say that, I can say that I grew up around the affectation and I didn't love it then, yes, and I didn't love it when it felt to put on, which I guess you could say like it.
Speaker 1: Wasn't really put on. It was just that was the culture in those days.
Speaker 3: You could say, oh yeah, one hundred percent, and you could say that about any Italian za, but it was really there's a realness to it. I mean, that's what they sounded like. Listen, this is what this show was founded on. Is us not being able to do accents. If you'll remember, that was the entirety of the first season. We thought it would just be absolutely hilarious if we were horrible at accents, and then it turned out that we were constantly being problematic. Well, also that we were constantly making each other uncomfortable or okay, that's not true.
Speaker 1: I was making you uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: Because then every time I would try to do Italian, it would just sound so like I'm making fun of.
Speaker 1: Hey, and you'd be like this stuff Like.
Speaker 3: I don't think I think it's fine. I think like sometimes people just want to meet the ball. Hey, listen rocking, rolling and whatnot. That's just the kind of stuff that you're going to get. But I think with Seindheld, I just always hated Kramer before it was cool to not like Kramer. I know, people have weirdly come back around on him, and he wrote a book and everyone's like, ah, we love him.
Speaker 1: Why do you get canceled? I'm not gonna remember you right now.
Speaker 3: Yes, comment sections trust nothing, don't trust AI. Do not trust chat chat GBT, as we learned last week. But it's I had an experience that I don't even want to go into.
Speaker 1: But they just they're like they lie. They say anything.
Speaker 3: You google something and it's like, yes, that person was on this show, and you're like, okay, well I'll put that in my article. And it turns out they weren't I've now had that happen to me twice. Nothing is to be trusted. And the comment section, I don't know if they're fucking with us, if there's somebody like watching above, like in severance, and we're being watched to see how we respond to people's cuff, they're like trying to divide us by generations or what.
Speaker 1: Are they saying? Well, I don't understand that they were just like, oh I love creamer.
Speaker 3: I mean I'm assuming these are like jen Alfha, like these are kids maybe teens that just are on talking about Seinfeld for whatever reason, like oh my mom used to watch the show Kramer's the Best.
Speaker 1: Do they not know? Oh about Michael? I mean, they don't get screaming the N word?
Speaker 3: He over and over and never apologized, never really. He then finally did apologize because he was forced to. Then he went to India for a while. I mean, I guess what else can he do? Thank you Providence, thank you disillusionment. You know, that's what he said to us.
Speaker 1: That is what he said.
Speaker 3: And then I took him seriously. I thought, yeah, I healed and learned, and but did he What was was was the book about what happened or was it just I think he talked about it. He I think he probably I didn't read his book. I'm not buying his book. I told you he has been a dick for a long time the way before. You don't just like one day pop off and have a meltdown and say that he's a dick. He's a bad dude and I'm sorry, like, and that doesn't mean that Kramer that people can't like Kramer, because I understand more than I of you know, we separate art artists. However, did you enjoy Kramer's slighting it? Like they just you know that I would never enjoy that for once a second, even as a kid, like a teenager, I was like, oh my god, we were talking about this interesting thing about a lane. That's like a real thing. Now this guy, why does he live in that building? How can you even afford it? Why would they live in the same building. I'm sure it was explained, but I don't care. It's funny though, if you think about it, and this is this is You're welcome, all right.
Speaker 1: You're gonna hear a squirt And I just didn't want you to think it was something else. You're You're welcome for a little Are you gonna have to stop? It won't come out and I really need it. I'll try to do it a different way. One.
Speaker 3: I was going to say that this is a little crossover for everybody from our end, just like that. Uh they aided masturbating.
Speaker 1: No that we said that. We know that.
Speaker 3: We said that when we were younger, we loved Three's Company, which was just a cartoon of a show.
Speaker 1: And yet we're like, that's where we draw the line, cram.
Speaker 3: Because because John Ritter was handsome and Michael Richards, I just think it's like we all outgrew that. So if Seinfeld was a show for adults, like we don't need the create Like do you picture people laughing uproariously every time he came in like slid in.
Speaker 1: I feel like my parents did watched it.
Speaker 3: Like okay, I don't want to rewrite history. I enjoyed it when I watched it with my family at home or whatever. Like we liked Seinfeld. We spoke to us we're living in Texas, and I guess at that point, you know, like that, you know, we didn't have a lot of that show, like people like that represented Jews. So yeah, I mean Jews were doing stuff in Hollywood. I don't know why about that, but like we just I guess we had Mad About You, which I also love. I loved Mad About You, still love it. I loved Paul Reiser. So it's not the it's not the it's not the over the top and its like I think, I just Seinfeld to me felt or when I look back on it, the laugh track was aggressive. It was way too loud of a laugh track, and it was so disjointed. You just had these characters and then you know, I don't know, well, he himself wasn't particularly funny. Well I thought he was back in the day.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 3: I thought he's a pretty talented guy. I don't laugh at it now, but like we thought that was funny. He's also like not a good person. Yeah, I don't know that much about him as a person, but yeah, he is the seventeen year old. Yes, he dated a seventeen year old. And his whole thing now is about freaking cancel culture. He's one of the he's the leader of the Yeah, he can't say anything anymore, very ad Seinfeld.
Speaker 1: He's so out of touch.
Speaker 3: And as if Seinfeld ever made any kind of fucking edgy jokes. You're not Louis c k You're Seinfelder his whole thing. I mean, he's almost as bad as like Cosby in the like pull your pants up like today. But then you're mad that you can't say anything what racy jokes, politically and correct stuff. Do you want to say, Jerry Seinfeld? That is such a good point, That is a very good point. I can't but I can't say that he wasn't funny at the time when we hadn't seen We hadn't.
Speaker 1: Seen it, but he was like cotton bowls, What are these people?
Speaker 3: But you did think, I know there was a time where you were like, he would say things.
Speaker 1: I mean, he is known. I know I'm pushing back against my own statement, but he is known as one of the best writing comedians. Like back in the day, he really did have some We hadn't heard that. It's hackey now, but it wasn't hackey then. Correct. Guy laughed at the peanut on the you know, why are the peanuts so small?
Speaker 3: You can't Oh, maybe I've got it. I mean we laughed at that. He really liked that hadn't been done yet. Do you want to hear a joke though, like airplane joke my friend had. Now for this to work, I have to be a guy, so just like pretend I'm a guy. Okay, I just I don't want to do it wrong. But I just flew in from Denver, boy or my hands tired? That's not right?
Speaker 1: How does it go? Arms? Yeah? How do you fly? How is it arms? Yes? Yeah, no, I'm not supposed to not No, I just fle in from Denver and boy or my arm's tired. Oh fuck, I fucked it up again? My god? Are you kidding me right now?
Speaker 3: Is this like like weird meta? Are you really getting it wrong? Or are you joking?
Speaker 1: I can't. I wasn't joking about. Are you seriously like you don't know how the boy or my arm's tired joke goes? Or is this pretend like this is part of the joke, Like I'm being like anti comic, anti genious. But I wasn't. I was really trying to tell a joke. But then I just it just didn't make sense in my brain, like boy or my arms? Is that really how it goes? Just flew in from Denver, boyar, my arm's tired? And then you're supposed to go, then you go, boy or my arms right, and then you wait a second, you go no, no, no, there was a porno on the plane. So the joke, that's what the joke was supposed to be, if I had told it in any sentence anyway. But I just it just didn't sound right when I said boy or my arm's tired, Like that doesn't seem right. Oh my god, this might be a best show ever. The best part is you're just like, wait, are you being serious? I can't tell, Like, are you okay? You're like, do you need assistance?
Speaker 2: Tap your microphone if you need me to call. Oh, you're trying to put your lotion back on sound, nothing will come out. Maybe it's time for you lotion.
Speaker 3: But also the way you said it up was like do you want to hear like a jokey joke and that's it. That's like, that's not like a dad joke.
Speaker 1: That's like.
Speaker 3: Set up, like it's a you know, an old school joke, like I just flew in from him my arms hard, there was a porno on the plane.
Speaker 1: It's a great joke, right, but it's very it's very much like a funny stand up joke. Right, yes, I'm not sure what my point of even, Like, it's not like you saw that on.
Speaker 3: The bottom of a dixie cup and you're like, do you want to actually hear something kind of funny.
Speaker 1: That I that I read this morning, but it's on a snap holder's digeon Snapple has Like I'm like, really, so it's like supposed to be like a masturbation thing. Ah, okay, I did not rather be a porno on the plane. That doesn't even work. It doesn't even make sense really right, why would there? This is why. That's the way comedy is really like just in general. It's it's like taking a turn. They're like you're going through the thing.
Speaker 3: You're like, okay, I could watch Big Tom Hanks, I'm excited about Maybe maybe I could watch all of Succession and they have that year cool.
Speaker 1: I like that. Oh oh like a Red Shoe diary.
Speaker 4: Okay, oh my god, I might I might have to pause us, like, yeah, choose.
Speaker 1: Everyone chooses that.
Speaker 3: You see all these guys, they're like they look around, they kind of look around like it's this one, okay with this one, and it's not even red Shoe diaries.
Speaker 1: It's like way more. It's like what Peewee Herman was arrested for, Oh my god, because the porn was that graphic? Is that why he was Like he was arrested because he took his dick out in because he's masturbating. But what everybody was doing, they weren't there to see, like the Lion King. Listen. I love how you defend. It's so funny how we fall on different things. I love pee Wee Herman.
Speaker 3: I do not think you should be like arrested for like masturbating in a pornhouse. I agree. I'm not that, you know, like stuffy. But at the same time, it wasn't like nothing. It wasn't like they just like went to his home and they're like, we don't like your suit, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean?
Speaker 3: I mean they really like, you know, they were trying to crack down on these places.
Speaker 1: But keep in mind, well, but these places that nobody has to go into unless you're they're there for a reason.
Speaker 3: It's it that's very much just a morality play. Okay, we on Patrean. I have a story, but it has to be on Patreon. I have a story that I just thought of, but I can't really just in case I can't say it here. It's it's kind of dark. It's dark, It's very dark. But it was like where I was on the weird side of a conversation and I was like, I'm not sure if I'm right or wrong here.
Speaker 1: So that'll we'll save that. Okay, Yeah, I love it. Okay, I have a story for you. Okay, a couple of things. I don't think I told you this before, so stop me if I did, before you get into your story. I think we should talk about yo. Yeah, of course, how dare you what?
Speaker 3: Of course we love via Via is a gummy and you know what we are, Hue amongest fans of this and we're we're fans of a lot of the gummy brands first, but this one especially, we have no trouble selling to you guys because we have used it ourselves. Oh yeah, continue to constantly. It has been a life changer for both of us. For Sleep, especially Stephanie just uses the straight up CBD bummies. I will use them with the little THC in them, but both like really just like rock you gently to Sleep. I am such a fan of this brand. Yeah, I told you that, John like won't use anything else. He says that it doesn't compare. I agree something different about via It just works better. Yeah, I mean you're if you've not tried these yet, we've been talking about them for a while, you are kind of like missing out because, like, and it doesn't mean you don't need it just to sleep, if you just needed one focus. You're writing, you're doing bills, you're doing something where you kind of just want a little more energy. They have for that too. They even have ones for like sex. It's literally called like love or whatever, and you can take him in. It makes sex better. I mean, I don't know what else.
Speaker 1: I don't know. They're working hard for you. Yeah. Okay, So if you're twenty one or over, treat yourself to fifteen percent off and get a free gift with your first order using our exclusive.
Speaker 3: Code rose Pricks at the I a h e MP dot com that's via Hemp dot com. Plus enjoy free shipping on orders over one hundred dollars. That's VI a h e m p dot com. Do you ever think somebody that you know in your life perhaps maybe got spammed or they Oh, oh I know what's happening here?
Speaker 1: What this is? Weird? Okay?
Speaker 3: So I have I know two people in my life with the same name. Oh no, and you have like a John Smith or whatever. Yes, one of them I know, and I know who he is and like he lives in the Midwest and he's like liberal and whatever. The other one, I don't really know who he is. I'm not sure why we're Facebook friends. But he just tagged me I got a thing and it's like you've been tagged with twenty five other people and he wrote Happy Independence Day, tag me to the wonderful USA from the original mother Nation? What the fuck? And why am I tagging that? And why am I friends with you virtual mother Nation?
Speaker 1: Yeah? That's weird.
Speaker 3: It is weird, And I'm just I'm getting I'm starting to I'm starting to kind of take people off my Facebook.
Speaker 1: Okay. I feel like that's our safe space.
Speaker 3: That's the only place where somebody can't comment on what you say that you don't know, Like I got, I weeded out a lot of people obviously in the last you know, ten years. Really, I have delighted delete real fast. I'm just like, nope, as you should. Oh yeah, yeah, but like some of them are just like haw, who are you?
Speaker 1: What are you talking? About try.
Speaker 3: I try to keep a few people that maybe they listen to me back in the day on the radio, like in places that I don't always go to, like you know, maybe in Oklahoma and stuff, because I do occasionally like to see what people are saying in other parts of the country just so we know. I feel like it's good to know. And if it's as long as it's not outrageous, then I'm like, okay, okay, I'll have one like super religious part. I have like a preacher that I'm friends with, and that's fine. Just don't you know, don't like support ice. If you can, then you're going to delete?
Speaker 1: Right? Is that the story you have? That's not the story? The short is this? So no, I just happened to look at my Facebook.
Speaker 3: But so last week I went and had a drink with my friend and we went to the Well, which you know that I love. It's my little dive bar that I love. We went I had my birthday there. Yeah, I love the Well, And we went there and it was kind of it's a little off.
Speaker 1: It's gotten.
Speaker 3: The area is not it's never been that great, but it seems to be going downhill. So the seems like it's super uh like touristy, seems to I wouldn't say it was touristy. I mean maybe a little bit, but it's just yeah, it's not that great of a bar.
Speaker 1: It's just like I've just been going there forever. So I like it.
Speaker 3: They have a good happy hour that goes till eight. That's always fun. But the the clientele on this particular day was not great. Just yeah, I don't even you know, like like hills Yeah, yeah, a little bit kind of like that, but of all of all types, all people, just a lot of tattoos on the face.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, just had it just there. If really that's why it tugs.
Speaker 3: I just saw so you always get me off, but I saw this, you always get me off, especially on planes. I saw an interview with Mike Tyson recently that this little girl was like, what do you think that legend?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: What do you want your legend to be that you leave behind? And Mike Tyson just went into the most existential philosophic so he was like, I don't believe in legends. We are just dust. I don't mean anything. I don't matter at all. I'm just a boxer. Nobody cares, I'm gonna die, You're gonna die, it doesn't matter, and then just pans it wasn't even a joke, like he wasn't kidding, and it just pans to this little girl and she goes, that was a very interesting answer.
Speaker 1: I've never heard that before. Thank you not cute. I kind of just Mike Tyson is sorry. I think he's a genius.
Speaker 3: He really kind of is. If you want to like forgive people, forgive Mike Tyson. He's like trying to do good things.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh, there's probably a couple of women that might disagree with that, but I hear I hear you. We have to we have to forgive if they forgive want to support and have positive stuff. So anyway, I'm at this bar and I'm waiting for my friend, so you know, I'm just sitting there and kind of hearing everybody's conversation, and this one guy out of nowhere just says to the room and there's not a lot of people at say, there's only like eight people in there. Okay, the music's really loud, it feels chaotic, and this guy, who you would not expect to say this, just says, out of nowhere, to no one, like he's not even really talking to the bartender, just to the whole room because the bar is like a square circle, so we all just base each other kind of thing.
Speaker 1: And he just goes hey, he goes h like uh, she goes what is that like? You know that like play where it's like they're like French and it's like, uh, they have like a revolutional like whatever whatever.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, Okay, Cesily, just don't even answer. He's not talking to you, he's talking to somebody else. He's not talking. He's talking the bartender. He's probably I don't know why, he's asking how could you possibly help yourself well? Out of nowhere? But it's worse than you think, because I go, are you talking about Jean Janet's The Balcony, which is of it's.
Speaker 1: Not a known first off, it's terrible play.
Speaker 3: It was a play that I had to be in. Call I was in it. I had to climb a ladder.
Speaker 1: It's a very i don't know what they call it, like an absurd play where like it's not a lot of the it doesn't make a lot of sense.
Speaker 3: It's nonsense. It's like very French, and I don't know why we did it in college. But I had to climb a ladder that was on stage, and then I had to scream Long Live the Revolution, and then I had to eat. I think I told you this. I had a blood pellet in my mouth. I had to then write down on it so that I get shot and it's supposed to look like I get shot in the face. So I bite on the blood pellet and blood goes everywhere. Then I have to fall off the ladder and be caught literally by other actors in college who were very hungover.
Speaker 1: It was the worst thing I invited, like all the I was also in a sorority, as you know, so I invited all my like frat and sorority friends and they were like, don't invite us to that shit anymore. We're not doing that. We can't do that. That was bad.
Speaker 3: I'm like, you're not wrong. I'm not going to combine those groups anymore. You are not wrong. Oh and then my shirt fell off one of the performances and I fell I was wearing like a jumpsuit that was tied like a halter and it wasn't tied tight enough. And when I fell onto off the ladder, or when I, you know, purposely fell it just fell off. So I just my tick was out, which the director loved. He's like, no, it's very French. Don't worry about it. It's wonderful. Oh god, there was a point to that. Oh yeah, me going, oh, are you talking about Jean Janet's the balcony, and the guy like does a side glance, like, bitch, I am not talking to you, although he was talking to everybody it seemed, yeah, and then he goes.
Speaker 1: Na, no, no, I was like singing and shit like all the Miserables, and I could not help myself. But I couldn't help my I go I like literally said it like that.
Speaker 3: And he was like, nah, I prefer Miserables, like he knew exactly what he was saying and doing why I was involved at all. Then my friend showed up and I didn't even tell him about it. I was too embarrassed. I was like, yeah, what just went down? You probably I'm glad you weren't here for it. I just didn't even say anything.
Speaker 1: Nah nah nah nah nah. There's music in it. N The sad thing is that my first thought was.
Speaker 3: Like, oh, do you mean le is Well, of course you would think that, but I am being I had to take it a step.
Speaker 1: I had to take it a step. Oh's existential? Uh play hum?
Speaker 3: I immediately was like, well, maybe I'm not Maybe I don't. I don't know that play so well.
Speaker 1: No, you're absolutely right.
Speaker 3: I mean it could have been either if I guess, but like either way, he wasn't talking to me, and I I corrected him, not talking to you, but he was not interested in further information I have. He never explained why.
Speaker 1: He asked that.
Speaker 3: There was no context ever after he said yeah, Miserables, and I was like, name is and then he was like and then we all just went back to her. Negronis, Well, I was drinking GROI I don't know what he was drinking. If I'm honest, I should drink something for sure, I'll tell you that much he was.
Speaker 1: I think smoking something was more the vibe I was getting. I was like, no, yeah, what's that play again? It was like, you know French or whatever? Oh, I mean, just to just mind your own fucking business, Cecily, I think everything's about why couldn't I just let somebody else answer? Well, no one would have answered well exactly, and nobody would have entertained them with the with the whole balcony references, but he didn't entertain nobody. Yeah exactly, but he didn't seem to enjoy it.
Speaker 3: He wasn't like I mean, I guess he did push back, like no, no, no, no, you.
Speaker 1: Brought well knew what that was.
Speaker 3: He could have been who knows I was profiling him, which is wrong. He could have been a theater kid. Did it seem like it? He had a skateboard next to him, but that doesn't mean well you were.
Speaker 1: Maybe he was remembering being taken to the Pantagious as a little boy, and he knows he saw something, but he doesn't remember what it was. And I hate that.
Speaker 3: You know, we're all getting older and sometimes your memories just not the bolds And you're like what the fu? Like ah, I know exact like, oh, you know they're French and they're singing. You probably knew it from the movie, you know, possibly, like wasn't that I was like I had the way of some shit.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh, yes, Lambi, l are you speaking of a Jevert jean Vale song?
Speaker 3: Which character is like I like, push further, yes, like you know Eponine of course, sad songs of Epanine. He's like, please stop talking to me, lady. I have literally nothing to say to you. It's like, but you do because you asked that random question. What's if if you had to describe it in a in a way that I could understand, what is cats actually about? Oh, I'm so glad you asked. I'm so glad you asked. It is well, it's the worst thing ever and that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, but it's got to be about something besides.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's Grizabella, the glamour cat.
Speaker 1: She's the older one.
Speaker 3: Okay, she's it's actually a beautiful If I may, I feel like we had this conversation, but no, I may. It's based on a book of poems by T. S. Eliot about cats, and it's really pretty simple, and it's really about just life and death and that we all are just you know, reincarnation, and they just use cats as sort of the examples of like what is this life?
Speaker 1: And what is anything? Really?
Speaker 3: I mean, I may be making it deeper than it is, but that's that's pretty much what it is. So it's based on that and the original idea is really surrounded about around this cat who's aging and especially and Andrew Lloyd Webber, who wrote it, wrote the musical like he loves he did Sunset Boulevard. He loves an aging woman right in his like he loves talking about which I think is actually really cool, and like that's kind of what it is. It's really Sunset Boulevard, but just for cats, and so they're all and then every song is really just about its own cat, which is why it kind of sucks, like we're these kind of cats, we're this kind of cat and we dance like this and it's bad because it's just bad. But then the song memory shows up and you're like, that's the most beautiful thing I've ever heard in my life. So it's a very confusing, very confusing musical because it really does have one of the most exquisite songs ever written. And the original lyrics I think it was his name's Tim Rice Was. He does a lot of lyrics for stuff, and I think I think that's who did it. And it's so dark and beautiful. They lightened it up when they put it out, but it's like just lovely.
Speaker 1: They lightened it up, like lightened up the story. They lightened up the song, like I don't remember.
Speaker 3: I wrote about it somewhere where the original lyrics was something so beautiful and I can't remember honestly what it is.
Speaker 1: I could call it up, but who cares.
Speaker 3: But it's very bad because none of it really comes together if there had been like a focus more and you know, you kind of just have your big finish, which is memory, which is all that you're there to see.
Speaker 1: And there's so many bad songs.
Speaker 3: And they're also they have to dress up like cats, and they used to come out into the audience, which is just like a true nightmare for the audience. Right, Remember they'd come and sit on people's laps and like lick their paws like their cats.
Speaker 1: Do they still do that? I think they do. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean Cats has not been out for I went and saw they did have the revival around the movie because they're all, you know, in cahoots. So in twenty nineteen when the Cat's movie was coming out, which was we talked about that on this show because it was so bad that it was amazing, right, people were getting really high and going and it was really fun.
Speaker 1: It was just unbelievably terrible.
Speaker 3: But my friend and I went and saw the We went and saw it to the Pantageous that year, so it's not been that long ago since I saw Cats, and it was pretty bad. But then when we got to memory, we were like both in tears. Yeah, that's the thing, that's what he does. That's the same sunset Boulevard. You wait for that song?
Speaker 1: What's the song in sense?
Speaker 3: Song? And Boulevard the one I was supposed to go see with Nicole who won the Tony and everything, and I had to not go.
Speaker 1: I was so sad.
Speaker 3: I can't remember what it's called, but it's so hold on, I'll find it. So like I kind of changed my answer in the middle. Kats is terrible, but like, how can something be that bad and have such a good moment in it?
Speaker 1: I mean, that's like life. That's like an analogy for life.
Speaker 3: I think, Yeah, I think it's just all we're Oh, it's as if we never said goodbye. Oh, as if we never said goodbye. I'm gonna play a little bit of it. It's our show.
Speaker 1: We do, we do whatever we want?
Speaker 3: Again, did we we said at the beginning, we're doing this till the wheels come off. Is this the moment the wheels come off.
Speaker 1: I don't know. This is Glenn Close doing it.
Speaker 3: This isn't the one I wanted, not even close to the one I wanted.
Speaker 1: Remember this song? Oh my yes, I wait, just wait, just wait? Oh god?
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, So you don't want that version of it?
Speaker 1: You want them a cool lessinger version. No, that doesn't sound right.
Speaker 3: I don't you know something to know about me, m I like my musical theater to have, like I like the singing to be less less Glenn Close as.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was weird. That was they had an older an older character or something. But I don't. I don't like like a lot of robrata.
Speaker 3: That's this is just me And I'm not saying everything has to sound like like a pop song, but why can't songs be more clear and less like?
Speaker 1: Oo?
Speaker 3: Like that doesn't That doesn't feel moving to me. It just feels too performative. Well that was a bad one, you know. That's how a lot of musical theater is. Yeah, it can be. I could see that. You just want it to sound like like.
Speaker 1: Bernadette Peter is singing tell me on a Sunday. I love that song. You don't like that? No, I do like that. I do like that as queen. There's no one better than that too a zoo.
Speaker 3: It has chimpanzees. It's just plaintive and clear and sweet. Yeah, but don't forget she was doing a real weird British accent in that, because there are other songs that she has like this weird, very strong, because she I always forgot that too, because I always love that song. Then if you listen to some of the other ones, which are also beautiful also andreloid webber, you you know she's got a little she's doing a weird thing there, which you know she was forced to do, I would imagine, but.
Speaker 1: I hear you. It's a lot.
Speaker 3: But that song go back, you guys, do yourself a favor and listen to as if we never said goodbye. With the current, she's like retiring.
Speaker 1: I had a ticket.
Speaker 3: I have to let that go, right, I have to let go that something didn't happen that I wanted to happen.
Speaker 1: Can it never happen again? Never happen again? This is it.
Speaker 3: And now that she won the Tony, those tickets are impossible to come by.
Speaker 1: I got it.
Speaker 3: I got scammed on StubHub. Basically I thought I was getting an orchestra seat ticket. I was supposed to go to New York, had to cancel it, as you guys know, and then never got my ticket right, which you think was a full on scam. I think StubHub just didn't send it to me. I'm not sure, but here's a moment of tell me on a Sunday. You ready, it's not playing that loud?
Speaker 1: Hold on? Why is it so quiet? It's because it wants me to sing it does? It won't play that loud? Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe she is kind of doing a does for she has a thing. So never mind, I'm wrong. That's got chimpanzees. Tell me, yeah, yeah, she's being a bit. I don't want to know who's to blame. Oh, I think I mostly like hack. I think it's a hard not like us.
Speaker 3: Do you have any idea how many times I've seen Annie Well, I tell you what, I'm gonna tell you why? And I think I did tell you this. I think I literally told you this recently because when I went I was sent to go spend a summer with my aunt and uncle in New Jersey when I was probably ten nine, maybe nine, like fourth grade?
Speaker 1: What's fourth grade? That's eight nine. Oh yeah, and they put me in flute lessons.
Speaker 3: I don't know what my mother was, what my parents were doing, but they sent me off and I lived in this basement room bedroom, and I do remember being kind of like sad and feeling a little bit alone and like why am I here? But they had I guess they had the record. It would have been a record at that age. Yeah, Annie, of course, and I had the or the original Broadway No, the Broadway Broadwaysica Parker. Did you know she was the original Annie? I mean it all comes back. I don't feel like it was Sarah Jessica Parker though on the recording on Theileen Quinn. Okay, that was the movie, and she also was probably in the play too, so yeah, she was great. Yes, So I do remember playing it over and over and over. I'd never seen it or anything like that, hadn't been to like a Broadway show at that age, but I just remember being like, what is this, Like I've still got it, and then of course it had a soft spot in my heart.
Speaker 1: From then on, I would like the songs tomorrow is a great thing. My version of that.
Speaker 3: I think we did talk about this when I was like whatever, age five, my mom had a chorus line and I would listen to it all all day, every day, you know, like most five year olds do. Hey, did you want to go outside and play kick call with the neighbors. Nope, I'm working on my morales. And that is just the truth. That is, Like my friends will even back that shuit up like I could not be. I think I still have the album because I kept I was able to salvage. Like we move so many times, and there's no homes in my life anymore, you know what I mean, Like there's no place for that stuff. But I I boxed up some stuff I want, and I think I still have the chorus line album. No, I loved it, Yes, what I did for love m my friend you know, at my little art school, my little my little performing arts school, you know, mm hmm. I was never good enough to like see you know, we'd have these things where people would sing it stuff. And my friend Tiffany, who I love, was the best singer I'd ever heard. She should have I mean, she just didn't want to, but she could have like really made it I think on Broadway mm hmmm. And they had her at our graduation seeing what I did for love, and I wish I.
Speaker 1: Had a record.
Speaker 3: Maybe she has a recording of it, because it was incredible. There was a little little Cecily was a little jealous. Little Cecily like dreamt of that being her, but it wasn't because I couldn't sing like to me, oh my god.
Speaker 1: So okay.
Speaker 3: So this is something that we have one hundred percent talked about on the show, but because it's my memory, we also talked about cats, so I have so you might not remember this because it was like a side story of something that I remember from camp, being a kid at Jewish camp. But I'll never forget that. It was day camp and we were all going on the bus to go to a field trip somewhere, and they stopped everything that was going on, all the camp songs, and they were like, so and so Sally is going to sing somewhere over the rainbow for us, and I remember being so fucking annoyed, like who the fuck is Sally And why the why do I have to sit and listen to her sing a stupid song?
Speaker 1: You No, I don't. I wasn't even a good singer.
Speaker 3: I just think I thought she was such a show off and I do think that she was really good and probably I mean, looking back, I was just being a bitch, like I'm sure others and that woman today woman.
Speaker 1: Weird.
Speaker 3: I can't Sally Field and you could have had this amazing life of like Sally Field as your bestie. I just remember being so mad and going that is such a show off, who cares? But I could completely see as an adult if there was a kid that was like super talented, because I'd be like this now if I was, I'd be like, Okay.
Speaker 1: Everybody, so and so is going to sing a song. Oh my gosh, is the most amazing voice.
Speaker 3: But I will not forget being so mad that they would make us listen to somebody sing.
Speaker 1: That's interesting.
Speaker 3: We were different in that way because I would have loved it, even though I would have been very jealous of Sally. I would have been like, oh yay, this is like the one moment where we don't have to play volleyball.
Speaker 1: Yes, let's sing, everyone sing. I wanted to sing camp songs like as if we didn't do that every minute of our lives.
Speaker 3: I want to think James Taylor all the time, Billy joelbe I really did I really did I was. It's funny because I was on a little car trip with Sadie the other day. So Sadie's seventeen, and I was remembering that my parents had like pretty good taste in music. I mean, they had some kind of basic music, but really I told you that they loved Janice Ian and they yes, they liked some they loved Nina Simone. They listened to a lot of Nina Simone. They listened to and they listened to like a lot of kind of folk music. I like that, yeah. And it's funny because I was like, oh, Sadie, I want to play you something like from my childhood that's like I used to listen to. And she's like okay, and I'm like, okay, put on Nina Simone. And she's like, yeah, I know who Nina Simone is. Ooh. But because kids these days, they know, they know a lot of songs, and a lot of songs are redone all the time. So she was like, oh, do you want to hear I put a spell on you? Oh? Have you heard the Christina Aguilera version? Like no, I haven't all of that. She's like bringing stuff to the table on that because I'm going to tell you I don't like Nina Simone's voice. I said, what I said, come at me, I said it, I don't like sign. I didn't think Seinfeld was that amazing. I didn't like Kramer, and I like the idea of Nina Simone. But anytimes have you ever tried to make out Nina Simone?
Speaker 1: It's a lot. Well.
Speaker 3: The funny thing is when I was a kid, I liked a lot of the music that my parents played, but I didn't know, like I didn't know that Nina Simone was a woman, so I thought it was I thought it was a male singer. So I would ask, and then I would try to ask for the song that I wanted because I was like pretty young, and I would say, I want, can you play the song about the Sugar in the Bowl by the God? I want to say the gender? Oh you said by the guy?
Speaker 1: And my I don't.
Speaker 3: I probably didn't know who was. I was like, something, you guys play a lot. I want to hear it, and it's a guy. Because my mom was probably like, okay, but what are you talking about? And I was like, okay, it's a man. And then finally I think I probably said, you know, there's like the sugar sugar in the bowl.
Speaker 1: And then my mom was like, oh, that's not a man, that's Nina Simone and that wasn't mad about it. I mean, that was so mad.
Speaker 3: Well, she she hit me, but that's no, she was upset. She was upset because she didn't want to see me like not get something correct. I thought that the lead singer I told you this, We've probably had exactly this. We probably had this exact conversation from start to finish, probably because our brains like work the same way. So if I say something about Seinfeld, which I guarantee we've talked about Kramer like probably more than like probably five times exactly the same way, then.
Speaker 1: That probably led to the exact same thing. Whatever.
Speaker 3: But if you get one different sentence out of us once a week, that's the best you're going to get at this point. And I'm fine with it. I mean, I really am.
Speaker 1: I have to be, you have to be.
Speaker 3: But I was going to say that I used to think the lead singer of Yeazz Allison Allison. I thought that was a guy until like probably twenty years ago.
Speaker 1: I did I didn't know.
Speaker 3: Like, I just's that's how I heard it only you I thought was a guy like and all the times I listened to it and I would I like till the tape broke that and Depeche Mode and The Cure, until the fucking tape broke In my walkman, I listened to it every day and fantasized about Andy Dean every day for four years, just went into some weird space every day because of that song and my issues.
Speaker 1: It's so interesting how music has changed so much, because back in the day, you didn't You couldn't just listen to one off songs unless it was you were listening to like the radio Top forty radio. So you just t album and then you listen.
Speaker 3: But then you or the tape right you bought the tape, you bought the album, you bought the tape, you bought the whole project, is what I'm trying to say, and you listen to it from start to finish, so you knew, like, oh, a side third song is my favorite, and then there'd be certain songs you'd rewind and listen to them again. But you didn't buy a whole cassette tape for one song. You bought it and then you made yourself like all.
Speaker 1: The songs, Yes, yes, and sometimes there was some that you always.
Speaker 3: A lot of artists talk about this. They miss they themselves miss people buying their hole. They have a concept. They have concept albums where like, hey, it's a whole theme. You know, I wrote a bunch of songs. Please listen right now. They're lucky to get five dollars out of Spotify, like we're in some fucked up shit. In fact, you guys, everybody find find something you like. There's an artist. I like this guy that not artists, but a singer songwriter who's a little kind of a friend of mine. I think I've talked about him on the show. He has a new album out by his ship. His name is Dick Prawl. I think the name of his band is Dicky d I c K I E.
Speaker 1: He is an album.
Speaker 3: Go download a bunch of his songs from band camp. I think is how you do it. I'm serious. They're really good. You'll love him Crawl the Lassons Prawl p He is in Paul are A l l And he has a lot of albums and his latest one is just beautiful. He's very Glenn Hansward kind of it reminds me of like all the stuff I used to love, like Damien Rice and all that kind of very singer songwritery. But he's American. Okay, he's just so good. So this is like my way of going, hey, let's help. Maybe every week we bring that back where we like, help an artist we like and you know, get them, get them some money. Sure, I want to read you something really quick before we do our shouts. Okay, this is funny. This was on threads and I didn't get it at first, so just bear with me. Unpopular opinion. Y'all aren't ready to have this conversation. Let that sink in. I'll wait, and while we're at it, can we normalize saying it louder for the people in the back. I don't know who needs to hear this, but I said what I said. Make it makes sense, full stop. Thanks for coming to my ted talk. That's it. That's the post. And then it was hashtag rage bait and some people really did get mad, like people are just like, that's nonsensical.
Speaker 1: That's really funny, and some people added to it and we're funny. Somebody wrote, so this post is a game changer.
Speaker 3: It takes it to the next level and then someone's like you forgot checks notes, chex notes. Oh my god, this part this post is the quiet part out loud. You still have time to delete those ten out of ten no notes. I mean, people are bringing it tell me your wage bating without telling me your wage beating.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's amazing. We brought a show today, I mean, yeah, I did it. Oh yeah, Oh maybe too much. Maybe we should divide it into three small parts and just give you a little bit every day. We'll give you twelve and a half minutes every day, no days.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we could do that, or maybe even less two minutes every day we record this and then that gives us like twenty day, Like then we don't.
Speaker 1: Have to record so much.
Speaker 3: That's a good idea, honestly, maybe that is what people want, just two minutes, like a like a Instagram reel. But let me ask you guys this, why are you not asking for a name shout out on Patreon?
Speaker 1: Why are you not at the ten dollars level? Get on our level? Get on our level. I said what I said. That's it. That's the post, full stop period.
Speaker 3: The people in the back. Yeah, Carolyn David Becker, Carolyn Bastion, Silvano, Jimmetti full Stop, Sandre Green all of it.
Speaker 1: You are everything, let Rock.
Speaker 3: Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk. Patrick Price, you as well. Julie Turnball, Victoria Blake, Andrea Crawford, Richard Dickey, Frolicker.
Speaker 1: And Carrie Maller. Squad goals. I just go with really old ones. I like squad goals. Karen Johnson Watson. Stephanie is a stinker rinker. Jill Shaw, you are a queen. You're a queen. Athenagainshured, You're a You're the King.
Speaker 3: Sean Price, You're not a short. Can your die? I don't remember how tall you are. Sean Just to reminder everybody, Sean and I went to high school, so he knows some of the stuff I'm talking now.
Speaker 1: He knows what you're talking about. He knows what he knows where this is going. Kate Dinado, we adore you. Also. Becky Becky Barras. She makes T shirts, mousepads, mugs. Go check out her Facebook page Basic Becky, or you can go to her website at just Basic Becky. And Randy May Aims, what's up, girl? You know what we want to do?
Speaker 3: A shout out for I'm gonna say for dogs because and here's why. Worth of July is not a good time for our pets forgetting about it, and some of them are going to get out on the fourth of July, which is today while we're recording this, so it already happened. So why not give somebody to the ASPCA that does amazing things for animals. They're there for our pets, they do they give.
Speaker 1: So much money. So give somebody to the ASPCA.
Speaker 3: Okay, And I will also. I think that's a great idea. And I'm also going to post my friends.
Speaker 1: I'll post it on book. Why not?
Speaker 3: Right, his little his album. I mean, he didn't ask me to do this. I just randomly thought about it.
Speaker 1: Make it easy for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's let's get let's get a huge random following out of nowhere. He just gets like a thousand people by I love a song? Yeah, why not?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: I will that's all. We love you win us on Patreon because it's five dollars a month, and we tell stories that get us in major troubles and Cecily is about to tell one when we when we finish this. It's real weird.
Speaker 1: We love you. We thank you.
Speaker 3: We are sorry, sorry Bye Attata.